The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

By the Kings Order

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

By the Kings Order - Page 4 Empty Re: By the Kings Order

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Laire had slept soundly even with the dreams it was a very restful sleep. She could have still slept all day but his soft touch awoke her. She fluttered her eyes opened and stretched smiling at him. “Good morning husband” She slowly stood but had to hold on to him as she suddenly felt very faint. She shook it off and smiled up at him “Stood up too fast I suppose” She straightend her clothes and looked up at him. Holding out her hand “Shall we Dustin? We should check in one final time before we leave and if we have time I wouldn’t mind getting some breakfast” It was then that she saw him preparing something for brekfast she grineed “Aye you read my mind Dustin” She kissed his neck softly. “Oh how I love you”

She had decided to not tell him about her dreams, they were just dreams…she didn’t want to worry him, and having twins would be worrisome. Two babies at once that would make anyone nervous. So she would keep that tidbit of informatin from him for now. Soon she would be able to tell if she was even with child. Then shortly after that dependng on how big she got she would see if she was carring more then one.

Elizabeth groaned slightly she didn’t want to get up. But has he kissed her she knew it was truly time to get up. “Alright dear husband I be up” She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and sat up and then she stood up and took Duncan into her arms. “Good morning husband of mine, I do love you so. “ She kissed him deeply. “Aye lets get some breakfast”
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Female Number of posts : 8803
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.anysoldier.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:36 am

Duncan prepared the simple breakfast that would hold them over till the noon meal when they would stop and rest. He saw her become dizzy from just standing up and he knew. He had seen it in enough women in his clan to know what was going on. Also his mother had told him when he thought it something serious was happening to the women of the clan. He figured she was now trying to support two lives. But he said nothing at the moment.

He held her for a few moments before scooping out the contents of the pot into bowls and giving her one. Once done he cleaned the bowls and pot and stowed them away. "I'll get our horses ready then we will go about and see if there be anything that needs doing before we leave." He gave her a kiss and a slight pat on her ass before going out to get their horses.

Duncan grinned as Elizabeth didn't seem to want to get up. "None of that now my dear. We must be up and going. Once we return to Scotland we'll have plenty of time to sleep in if we want." he chuckled and returned her kiss. "Aye breakfast, but me thinks you had best put something on befor we go." he laughed and squeezed her ass cheeks.

He wondered when they would be returning to Scotland. Dustin had not said how far he wanted to go. They had already accomplished something. If Eathan and Dustin had been successful also then it would be a great accomplishment.

He waited for her to dress before he opened the door and taking her by the hand lead her out into the village where the men were preparing the morning meal. Even some of the villagers were up and they looked a bit sad that the clansmen were leaving. The village elder approached and stood before Duncan. "Your kindness and sence of decency for my people will not be forgotten. Those that you are leaving behind will be welcome here and should the soldiers come back, we'll make sure they are not found and are away safely." he placed a hand on Duncan's shoulder. "God keep you safe and your men as well." he turned to Elizabeth smiling. "My lady, you and your ladies have been a god send. We all hope you will return one day."

"Aye that we will good sir." Duncan said. "I know now what you might think of it, but you now be a part of Scotland and we will not take lightly the English soldiers coming back here and treating you badly again."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Laire noticed that she wasn’t as successful in hidding her dizziness frome Dustin that she thought. She suddenly felt guilty she should be hidding it from him, he loved her and he would probably be very hurt if something did happen to her because of her stubbroness to be strong, she had to allow herself to be weak around him. So he could be strong. She let him hold her she could tell from the look in his eyes that he was thinking what she was thinking. “We will find out soon enough husband, no use worring about anything until then.” She kissed his chin softly. “I didn’t mean to worry you Dustin” As he handed her a bowl of food she thanked him and ate it up quickly. When they were done cleaning up she turned to him as he spoke she nodded. She did want to take one last look around and check on the people in the village. As he kissed her she returned the kiss her hands wrapped around his neck and she grinned as he slapped her ass. “My bottom be sore today dear husband” Laire stayed in there little sucluded area until he would come back for her. Then she would check on the towns people. Then she would follow Dustin where ever he went.

Laire tended to the few people. Bridgets father for one the bandages could come off. She was pleased that he had healed well and Bridgett was glued to Laire’s hip. “You saved my daddy’s life didn’t you?” Laire looked up at the man before turned back to the little girl. “Yes I tended to your daddy” Bridget hugged her tight “You ae an angel Lady McCloud” Laire grinned and held the dear child. “Your daddy is a strong man, he talked about you and your mama, all the time.” Bridgett looked up her father “Really daddy? You talked about me?” Laire noticed tears in the each of the family member eyes Laire took this as her sign that she was to leave. She stood and handed the mother some leaves. “Cuts these up and boil them down in some water till its really thick, that will help Bridgets itching” The mother hugged her.

then Laired bowed her head. After promising Bridget that they would be coming back someday she walked on since she was done here she was searching for Dustin again.

Elizabeth smiled “I just be a little more tired then normal Husband I am well though don’t you fret” She looked down at her naked state. “Aye I will get dressed first” She was blushing. As she got dressed she couldn’t keep her eyes off of her dear husband.

As they made it way to the village she held tight to her mans hand she noticed how sad the people looked. She couldn’t help but have pitty for them, they had been used and abadoned by their king but she took heart in the fact that they were now under the protection of Scotland. They would be cared for and protected now.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Dustin returned a few minutes later to get Laire. She then set off to check on the people of the twon and he grinned. He began to hear the towns people whisper as she passed by, Angel of Mercy she was called. He could not help but feel the pride swell up in him for his wife. Her and her ladies had been busy and the people loved them. The Mayor came up to Dustin as he walked around checking on the men.

"The folks around here will miss you all Sir." He looked around at all the clansmen getting ready to leave. "Your men are unlike any soldiers I have ever seen. They are considerate, kind, and have done nothing but good towards the people of this town. If I be understanding things you now have laid claim to this land and castle. " he smiled. "We will be proud to be apart of your Scotland if that be your will."

Dustin placed a hand on the old mans shoulder. "You be under the protection of the Clan McCloud. We might not be able to be here if English soldiers return. Do nothing to anger them, but know we will not take kindly to any that harm these people and we will deal harshly with them if they do."

With that he went to find Laire. It was time to get the clansmen moving. They had to travel some distance before making camp.

Duncan had told the elder of the village that it and its people were now a part of Scotland. The old man chuckled and nodded. "The people here will welcome the change. If all there are like you and your men, then we be better of as part of Scotland."

Duncan then took Elizabeth and found them some breakfeast. Some meat and porage. It would be enough to see them through to the noon meal. When all was ready he helped Elizabeth up onto her horse and mounted his. The people lined the road as they rode from the village. All were saying good bye and looked sad. The men he had left behind would see to it that they had meat. The supplies brought back from the castle would help them till harvest time.

"Well my lovely Angel of Mercy. May the next town or village we come to be peaceful." With the Army the English ahd sent north crushed. There didn't seem to be many soldiers in the north. Some like the one defending the castle for some noble, but unless they came upon one of the noble's castles, he didn't think there would be much resistance to their invasion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Laire had heard the name but thought that it couldn’t possibley be for her. She was no angel. She looked up at Dustin and one look in his pridefilled face told her that they were talking about her. “Dear husband why they be talking about me?”

She did her business then she moved to Dustin and mounted her horse she placed the flower that she had been given into her saddle she moved her horse into line with Dustin and waited for his single to start moving. She waved good by to the people and said a silent prayer for them all. “Ready when you are dear Dustin”

Elizabeth ate her breakfast and then cleaned up she thanked Duncan when he helped her mount her horse and se fell into line with him and bid farewell to all the people lined up,

she had been able to train a few of the ladies so she knew that they fared a good chance, she hoped that the other towns would be as easy as this one, maybe if the other cities accepted them this would be meaning they could be home back in Scotland soon.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:07 am

Dustin grinned when she asked her question about the people talking about her. "You my dear have done more for these people then anyone else. Many would be in sad shape right now if you had not been here with the other women. You have given them more, you have given them hope. " Now who but angels would do such a thing."

He had heard the talking as he had made his rounds of the men. It seemed that Bridgetts father had told of Laire's and the other highlander women's efforts to comfort and save as many of the wounded English even though they were the enemy. Of how the english men had come to call them the Angels of Mercy. "Well now my Angel, perhaps when we do return to the highlands, I be needing to set up a place of learning for you to teach what you know to those that would wish to learn it." He was sure that the Bishop and Father Marcus would be more then willing to help smooth over this conteversial thing.

Duncan took one of Elizabeth's hands and squeezed it. "Hopefully soon we be heading back to Scotland, and the highlands. " He had sent a message with the messenger asking Dustin how long and how far he wanted to go. From talking to the villagers he had learned that the army that they had fought had been the northern army. That a large one was still in the southern part of Englan and could be gathered and marched north in short order. This too he relayed to Dustin.

With in a couple days the messengers met and excanged messages and news. Then they took off to rejoin the small armies of highlanders. Within a few days the three nobles and their men had assembled at Willshire and awaited the kings orders. Five hundred men stood ready to fight. All sesoned soldiers, well armed and armored.

Dustin received the news of Duncan's and Eathan's successes. He read the message from Duncan and of what he had found out. The news did not set well with him. "An army as powerful as the one that we defeated or maybe even more powerful. We not be able to stand against that. Our only hope is that our King has been able to raise more of an army so he can come south and join us and make a stand and protect those we have brought into our fold." he told Laire as the camped and ate the evening meal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Laire was excited her own place to teach many? Wow. She smiled to herself. “I would very much like that Dustin. You really know how to make me happy.” She grinned again “Mmm Angel of Mercy, me, I like that” She already thought Mercy would be a great name if they were to have a girl. Of course a boy would take either Dustins name or his fathers name. Seeing on how his father was no longer with them she could sence that he would want a boy to take his grandfarthers namesake.

The thought made her smile. Her husband’s father name sake continueing because of her. She could be wrong of course, but the way that Dustin had talked about his dad he doubted that she was. Aye Mercy would be the prefect name for a girl. For she had been given the name of Angel of mercy. And if they had another girl maybe so would put in Grace in her name For Dustin had been her saving Grace.

Laire put a hand on her stomach she smiled. Soon she would know for sure if she was carring and if her dream was true. Twins. She would feel so honored. As long as she bore her husband a heir to continue on the name she would feel fulliled. She was so lost in her thoughts with a smile on her face that even her riding became as if she was stuck in a trance.

Elizabeth took Duncans words to heart she hoped that they would soon be heading home, as much as she was honored to be with her husband she longed for the safty of the highlands.

She knew her husband and the othes were doing a great thing and it would be wrong of her to complain, but Duncan always had allowed her to voice her thoughts. “I will follow you to the ends of the earth Duncan and you know that, but if I am withchild I want to have our baby in Scotland, can you promise me that?” There was a slight fear in her voice, she wanted her babies to be born in their homeland. Scotland. Not England, she feared the King would then claim them as English and she would have to give them up. Which would most likely end in a war for she was sure Duncan would not give up his children without a fight.

Laire ate her meal listening to Dustin. She grew more worried. “Another war? Dear Dustin what if our King refuses to help? I do not have enough supplies to tend to enough men. We are far from home for anyhelp to arrive to us” She begain wringing her hands tightly.

She leaned against Dustin “Do you think our king as managed to round up more men?” In her mind flashed the scene of when she had heard of Dustin’s capture. And she shuddered. “I will follow you where everyou go Dustin, to the ends of the earth and back again if I have to” She kissed his chin “I do love you Dustin McCloud, defender of Scotland, and me”
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:15 pm

She seemed to love the idea of being able to teach the art of healing. It would be something that she could do and enjoy. "The English King will not take his defeat well. He will want to annilate the Scotish army and us. Especially now that we have invaded his country." He hoped that his king was raising another army. "He will be back and we must stop him again somehow."

Defeat the second army, send the English King back in disgrace and with a shattered army, not strength to pose a problem for some time. He knew what was going through Laire's mind on that. The death toll and the wounded in any large battle was something no one wanted to see. But see she had and he knew that Laire hoped never to see such a thing again.

"Perhaps it will not come to that. With us running all over the northern part of England, we will keep him trying to figure out where we will be. Hit and run will be what we do. Take his supplies and send them to the towns and villages we have claimed for Scotland. No supplies, him losing men here and there, his army will be on edge, hungry and haggard."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 am

Laire moved in between his legs and sat there with her back to his strong chest then wrapped his arms around her she leaned her head back. She enjoyed her husband touch and him talking to her so openly about what may happen. It helped prepare her, she knew it was going to be a bloody battle and how messy it was going to be, but she would just have to do her best. She closed her eyes and relaxed in her dear Husbands arms.

The thought of hopefully confusing the King of England made her smile “Yes if he doesn’t know where we be going next he will not know where to send his armies, the least amount of death that we have to deal with the better” She continued to nodd “You were smart to tend to the towns people, that will help us in the end”

She sighed contently in his arms, she knew that he would always be there for her protecting her and loving her and their children.

((ooc sorry its short...hope you can work with it))
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:53 am

Duistin leaned back against a tree with his lovely Liare sitting between his legs and her back up against him. He held her to him listening to the murmer of the men . The last few days they had traveled south, east and back west. The land it seemed was sparcely settled. There was forests and meadows, streams of clear, cool water. It seemed strange that such land was not being used.

Before they had stoped for the night, they had spotted smoke crurling up from severl places a couple miles ahead. Perhaps another village or a town. "Well I wonder what we will find in the morning?" he whispered. "Another town or village surely, but will they be like the last one or will they be determined to fight us?" So far they had been lucky but that luck could not hold out forever.

Duncan and his highlanders were doing the same as Dustin and Eathan. Never making it known where they were going. Moving randomly. So it was that they approached Willshire and the scouts returned reporting a large encampment of English Soldiers. Duncan went with the scouts and had a look for himself. He took note of how they were armed and armored and knew it would not be a good thing to meet them in open battle.

Returning to their camp he gathered the lairds and told them. "Will be hit and run, ambushes and the like. Time to wittle thse English down a bit and take what we can from them. He told Elizabeth to be there with him, since she would now have to set up somesort of camp that would take care of any of their wounded. She needed to be there in the planning stages.

Plans for an ambush was made. Draw out some of the soldiers to chase a few highlanders and then bring the english into a trap. Another was a raid upon the camp, sneak in steal supplies and set fires to other supplies. They would keep good watch on the camp and any patrols sent out . Most of those would not return to the English camp. "Be ready to take care of our wounded, but also to flee if the English find your camp." he told Elizabeth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:01 pm

Laire smiled, she just loved being in his arms it made everything seem alright His big strong arms around her she felt as if nothing in the world would ever happen to her, but she also knew that if something did happen that he would go to the ends of the earth to bring her back. The last few days had been draining for her but fruitful as well.

Laire turned to face her husband. “Aye our luck can not hold out forever but I hope that it reamains for a litle bit longer, so when the big armies come our men are well and at full strenghth” She kissed his check softly. “What ever happens Dustin I know that I will be with you and that is all I need.

Elizabeth nervously paced while she waited for Duncan to return it seemed to take for ever but she was cetain that it did not take nearly as long as she felt.

When she saw him riding towards her again she rose picked up her skirts and ran to him. She felt honored to be allowed to sit in on their planning. And already thought about what type of camp they would be setting up., it would be a very simple camp, because like Duncan said it would be importatant that she would be able to get away if they were attacked. “ Aye husband I will obey, What about you Duncan surely you don’t wish me to leave you or our injured men?” She looked up at him her eyes flicking with worry.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:22 am

When morning came and Dustin's highlanders once again moved forward towards the town in the distance, they could see the farmers in the fields running for the walled town with their families. Within the town it looked as if there was a castle. It seemed that the town had been built around it and sturdy stone walls around the town.

Dustin lead his small army to the road that lead to the town. If it was anything like the others they would need their crops and he didn't wish to trample them. When they reached a safe distance from the walls, he could discern no soldiers. He saw some of the towns people in what ever armor they could find. A helmet, Leather jerken, maybe a bit of chain mail. They had their farm instruments for weapons with a few having spears and bows.

"Me thinks there is no soldiers here." he told Laire. He looked around half expecting some sort of ambush, but there was none. He rode forth alone and stopped just out of bow range. "I am Dustin McCloud, of the Clan McCloud. We wish the people of this town no harm. Your king tried to invade our country and it is he that we have our quarl with. Lay down your arms and open the gates. You have my word none of you will be harmed and all we be taking is enough supplies for our continued march here in England."

"We be no fools, we have heard of your blood thirsty and brutel ways, even here." a man shouted back. "We are prepared to fight you." he sounded nervous as he talked. Dustin shook his head and returned to the others. "Make camp and let us think of what we do next."

Duncan smiled at his wife. "Hopefully it will not come down to that." He reached up and caressed the side of her face. When the meeting was over and he was able, he took her back to their blankets and bid her get some sleep. But before he could lay down a rider came in. He had a leather messenger pouch with him.

"I encountered a messenger trying to get to the town ahead. I think you be intrested in what the message says." He handed the paper to Duncan and he saw the seal had been broken. It had the royal seal of the English King and he looked up at the rider before reading the contents of the letter.

"Seems the English King is quite fureous at Dustin and us." he grinned. "He has ordered the Count incharge of the soldiers to seek out and destroy any of us that they can and to bring Dustin McCloud to him. He even has put a price on his head, a nice sizeable one at that. Also he has sent riders south on swift horses to make the southern army ready to march and they should be here with in a month." he told Elizabeth. "It be time to send a rider back to wait for the others to arrive with news." he handed the letter back to the man. "Ride ye to the rendevous point and give that to the messenger from Dustin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:03 am

Laire again felt proud to be ridding up with her husband again, to her it meant that he thought as her as his equal and in a postion of status in the clan, so no mater how many times it happened or was going to happen she knew that she would always feel the same way. She rode her horse closer and reached out and stroked his arm.

How he had won her heart over so quickly she did not know. It seemed a life time ago that they were making the treck from her homeland in the lowlands to his in the highlands, why he had not sent her on her way when she had offeneded him was still beyond her but that was in the pass and she did not want to bring up the memories she wanted to only have good ones. So she took his hand and lightly brought it to her lips and kissed him.

As they rode on she too saw the town and the people running in hear the hair stood on end at the back of her neck stood up. Something was not right. She did not know what it is but she was very nervous, this town wouldn’t be like the others. She nodded about the no soldiers. “Aye” She would wait untill they were alone to tell him her thoughts about this town. For he needed to know.

As Dustin returned she could tell in his face that something was wrong she urged her horse off to the side and beconned him to follow. “Dustin I do not feel right, something is off about this town, please try to be careful, “ She looked up at him “I do not wish to worry you but I wanted you to know.” She leaned over and kissed his cheek softly. “I do love you and I don’t know if I could make it without you” She nodded “Now lets go met with your men”

As Duncan carassed her cheek she leaned into his touch. “Mmmm Lets hope not, you will not leave me alone do you understand Duncan” Her stubroness and fire flashed in her eyes. As he took her back she was looking forward to sleeping wrapped in his arms but that hope was dashed wen the messenger came forth. She stood up again liked her arm in his and stood there at his side.

Elizbeth listened to Duncan. If the king knew that mean bad news. She was nervous. A price on Dustins head, that would not end well. “A month? You think we will still be here in a month?”

She paused “Nay we will be nothng will stop Dustin even this news. I will keep them in my prayers, poor Laire she will be devasted when she finds out, I do hope that Dustin reassures her, she is likely to send herself in his place.” The words flew out of ther mouth before she could have stopped them. She turned her face upon Duncan. “What are we going to do?”
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:24 am

"Aye there is something wrong. No Soldiers, but the people want to defend the town and castle. They are nervous and think us true barbarians." he turned and looked back at the walled town. "I do not want to fight the people. They are just frigthened of the stories they have been told about us and only want to defend what is theirs." he told Laire. But they could not leave a fortified town behind that would be a haven for the English soldiers.

They had come far into what was called Northumberland. The highlanders had from the reports from Eathan and Duncan had also come down far. Most of the land was now claimed for Scotland. He had thought it would take longer but in only a few days they had met no resistance that mattered and now had increased the land of Scotland. A great achievement. But he could not let this town be. It too was needed to complete what they started.

He didn't know what he should do. Then a familar voice came from behind the highlander's lines. "Perhaps we can be of help." It was Brittney's father and he had his wife and Brittney with him. "We knew you would find your way here sooner or later and came to help. They know you not as we do, and I have a brother that lives within those walls. He is on the towns councel and he will listen to me."

Duncan looked at Elizabeth. "We will proceed as planned. We can not let these soldiers be here when that army arrives. The less the English King has to fight with the better for our side." He hoped that Dustin would be pulling back once he got the english message. The highlanders needed to pull back and consolidate once more and find out if their King had raised another army.

When the time came Duncan sent out twenty men to harass the enemy camp and runn back into the forest. They sent a hundred men out to chase them and not one returned to the camp. Duncan had their bodies stripped of their clothing and had it washed of blood and sewen up. Some of the highlanders dressed in the English clothing and armor and these Duncan sent into the enemy camp to steel supplies and then to set fires to tents and other supplies. In the confusion of soldiers running around trying to put out the fires, the highlanders made their way from the camp and back to Duncan.

"Now lets see how they like what we do next." he told Elizabeth. It was almost night time now. Only a few of his men had been injured in the fight with the one hundred english soldiers. In the time of the battle and the raid on the camp, he had stayed close to Elizabeth, as they both watched. As night fell and the english soldiers drew into a tighter camp, just what Duncan had hoped fore. His archers took up positions and launched a hail of arrows that fell with in the English camp. Cries of pain and surprise carried through the air to the highlanders ears. A second flight of arrows was launched and fell, more screams. The thrid flight of arrows were flame arrows that when they hit anything flamable it caught fire. Tents, hay and the like blazed as the soldiers tried to run to the town. But in the dark with torches in one hand and swords in the other, highlanders that had moved in in the confusion of the attack had barred their flight. Screaming fierce war cries, it sounded like an entire army in the dark and the soldiers did not know what to do.

Some ran in the other three directions only to meet other highlanders in the night, that rose up from the ground to kill them. Most stood their ground and formed a square. Duncan had at first was going to take his time and harass the English soldiers over a period of days. But reading the letter from the English King he had to change his plans. The Highlanders surrounded the remaining soldiers, about three hundred strong. Some were wounded but were willing to fight. Duncan rode forward and in the Dark called out to them. "Surrender now and you may live. Your King has sent you to your deaths, knowing full well you could not succeed in destroying us. He is sacrificing your lives for nothing."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Laire patted her husband’s arm. “Aye I know you don’t want to fight them. We will think of something, you be a noble decent man, they will see that.” She paused “Even I had heard stories on how heaten you highlanders were, but you won me over.” She winked “And although I do not suggest you win them over the same way tat you won me over we will find a way”

She hoped that she was right, For sne knew that these people had nothing but their fear to fuel them and word ot the highlanders attacking a defensless village would not go over well and would ruin their plan to win over England. But all Laire could do was fret and worry. Untill she heard the voice she turned to it and saw little Brittney she smiled as the child ran to her and she scooped her up. She turned to her father and bowed her head. “We thank you” She took a step back and allowed the men to talk while she walked to Britneys mother and sat them down at a fire and shared some of their food.

Elizabeth nodded to Duncan. “Yes you are right, we must proceed and I am right here beside you husband. No matter what happens” She watched as 20 of her men got chased by a 100 English men, she knew even those odds that the highlanders would be the one that would be victorious. When the clothes were brought to her she cleaned them and sewed them up and handed them back to the men.

She watched from a safe distance the highlanders setting fires to the camp. She heard te cries of pain and turned her head away slightly. She knew it was nessisary but she also knew that those men, where someones, father, brother, husband. She gripped Duncan’s hand. She knew good would come from this, claming more land for Scotland showing England that Scotland would not bend over and be conqured. That they would stand up and fight. She also hoped that Dustin would get the message and retreat. For they neeced a larger army to fight all of England. Elizabeth remained at camp while Duncan rode forward but she could hear him and she hoped the English would heed the warning. For it would get really bloody if they did not.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:31 am

"My family and I can talk to the people in the town. Tell them what you did for us. I know my brother will listen to me." The man told Dustin. Dustin noticed that Laire had taken The mans wife and daughter over to a campfire that had been made and shared some food with them. It was worth a try. He knew the people of the town were frightened and worried. There had been much war since the Normans had invaded England. The people had seen much of that and had suffered much as well. They always did as the so called Nobles sent soldiers in to burn and kill until the people submitted.

"Go see what you can do." Dustin said and laid a hand on the man's shoulder. "What is your name, my friend. We have met yet I know not."

"Edward sir, Edward Bigalow." Edward told him smiling.

He went to the campfire and collected his wife and daughter, then set off towards the town. When he got there he called out to those on the walls and asked for his brother. The gate opened slightly for them and they entered the town.

The soldiers did not seem to want to budge. "We are under orders of Count Devon. " came a mans voice. "He be the only one that can tell us to surrender."

"Now were may this Count Devon be?" Duncan asked. He figured the man would be far away. Such was the nobles from what he had seen. Only when there were a massive amount of men would they be anywhere around.

"He is within the town there." the voice came back. It sounded frightened yet resolved to fight if need be. Duncan shook his head as he rode around the circled soldiers, till he was before the gate of the town. Above there were a few soldiers and many frightened looking people in the light of the torches on the walls. "These soldiers are brave men." he began. "But they are lead by a coward that hides and cowers behind walls while they face certain death. To kill these brave men would be foolish, yet I may have to. "

"We wish the people of this town no harm. We have seen what the English nobles and king have done to other villages and towns. Stripping them of everything so they could go invade Scotland. Leaving the people to suffer so they could satisfy their greed. We are not like that. We are Highlanders of Scotland and we respect the people and love them. Send us this Count and open your gates. You have my word that none of you will be harmed and we take nothing from you. What we have taken from these soldiers and have now captured in their empty camp, we will share with ye. You have the word of Duncan McCloud, of the Clan McCloud of the Highlands of Scotland."

There seemed to be much debate going on upon the walls. Then the soldiers there were forceably taken and tied. A short time later the gate opened and several men came out half draging and pushing a man in fine clothing before them, that was uttering threats and curses. Duncan smiled. All the good the threats would do him now. He rode forward and stoped before the people and the Count. "My word is my bond. As I have given it so shall it be. The people of this town has nothing to fear from us and may come and get what we have taken from the soldiers." he then turned his attention to the now frightened looking count. He was dressed fancy and elegantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:47 pm

Laire had kept a ear turned towards Dustin and Edward talking. She wanted to know what was going on. But she attempted to make it look like it was not evesdropping. She had a inkling that Dustin knew what she was doing. As Edward came to collect his family Laire stood brushed off the dust from her kilt and smiled. “Thank you Edward you do a good thing.”

She then walked to ther husband and wrapped her arms around his middle and leaned her head against his strong chest. “Will this work Dustin?” She looked up at him and kissed his chin. And ansewered her own question. “Aye it will, its got to” She then spun around and leaned her back against his chest and relaxed in his arns. “What ware your plans husband if this works?” she paused “and if doesn’t” She couldn’t bring herself to look at him.

Her mind drifted with the way that she was dressed it was a threat that she would be captured herself she shuddered slightly thinking about what would happen once they found out that she was not a soldier but in the fact a woman, and wearing the McCloud colours. That would not be ending well.

She gripped Dustins arms and held him tight. “Have I told you toda that I love you dearly?” She was greatful that they expressed their love for one another, so many couples didn’t. But she had found a true gem. And she hoped that she was withchild for him. But she wondered if she was if that would change his mind. She wouldn’t be telling him until she was sure and she hoped that by then they other army would be joined with them, there be strenghth in numbers.

Elizabeth could hear the conversation what did her dear husband have planned now? Her anger grew inside of her, these nobles did nothing but play god with their peoples lives they didn’t seem to care. They would risk all their peoples lives so they could continue to live in their posh existance. She begain to pace she was very angrey but she also knew that she had wait for Duncan was trying to find a peaceful result in this. So instead of screaming in to the darkness she continued to pace.

The yelling had stopped so Eliabeth knew that what ever Duncan had planned was working, for if it hadnt all hell would be breaking lose with more hellish screams of terror and pain, but there was only murmers.

Elizabeth turned to some of the soldiers left behind to guard the camp and Elizabeth figured her was well. And smiled “Shall I go and see whats happening?” They shook their heads “Nay he will call for you when he wishes for you” Elizabeth knew that they were wait so she sat down near the fire and waited.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:27 am

Dustin held her against him, feeling the warmth of her body through their clothing. "Aye I hope it works as well." She asked him what his plans were if Edward was able to convince his brother and the towns people to open the gates. "I am not sure at the moment. Perhaps we will spend a few days here. I need to be sending out another messenger and he will have a good distance to ride and return."

He grinned and hugged her tightly when she said she loved him dearly. "Aye I think you have already, but I love hearing you say it." He kissed her cheek."

A short time passed and again the gate cracked open and Edward and another man came forward. "This is my brother Nathan. I have told him what befell me and how you have treated the people of the other town." Nathan looked at Dustin as if trying to read his mind and what he had planned. Dustin smiled and waited to see what Edward's brother had to say.

"Aye Edward has told me much, and if he was not my brother I would not have beleived him. But I know him and know he would not lie. Too I have seen the scars he bares from battle and know he could have died from them." He looked at Laire in Dustin's arms. "I thank you for saving his life my lady." Turning back to Dustin. "What do you wish of us?"

"I am Dustin McCloud of the Clan McCloud, and when I say that no harm will come to your people from mine, it will be thus. I am the Laird of my clan and the leader of the Highlanders. As such my word is law and will be followed. Your king tried to invade our land and failed. He runs now to gather another army and put more souls at risk of death. We came here to show him he can not invade our land and have found that he has made his people suffer much to feed his greed. What you see before you is but a third of the force I brought to England. From their reports to me the news is the same in the places they have found. Seeing this I have claimed the lands we have traveled for Scotland, and you will be treated as we treat our own. Much better then your king and his soldiers would treat you, I can gurentee."

Nathan listened to Dustin's words and how he said them. He was a member of the town council and had heard the Count talk as well as other nobles. He could tell when a man lied, by his eyes and the way he talked. "I will tell the rest of the council what you have said. You will have an answer within the hour." With that him and Edward returned to the town.

Duncan looked the Count up and down. It seemed he thought himself quite the noble. Dressed and perfumed. Not a man use to fighting but one of talk. "Well Count, it seems the people tire of you and your kind. Now if you would be so kind as to tell your soldiers to surrender." he produced a dagger and placed it to the Counts throat. "If I need to kill them, you will be the first to die." His eyes bore into the Counts and the Count swallowed hard before yelling out. "Surrender your men. Lay down your weapons."

As the soldiers complied, they seemed quite releived. Duncan's men moved in and removed the weapons and any armor they wore. With the Count bound and lead by a coulple men he returned to Elizabeth. "It looks as if we again sleep in a warm bed tonight my dear."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am

Laire sighed contently in her husbands arms. She knew that everything would be okay. She knew Edward would be able to convince his brother that they ment no harm. And Laire ha teneded to them maybe that would help to. She did not do it for that reason, they were just in need of medical help but Laire was seeing great things come out of it. They seemed to trust her and therefore her husband and the men could do what they set out to do with minimal bloodshed.

Laire noticed the men aproaching and nodded and smiled to great them, thus far it seemed that things where going good. She nodded to him as Edward introduced his brother. She could tell that she and Dustin were thinking the same thing. They both seemed to be waiting to see what he would do. But she was surpised when he addressed her. And even more so when he thanked her. “You be most welcome, you have a fine brother, a true fighter. Truth be told I had to sneak the sleep herbs into his ale for he would not be taking the herb willlying” She grinned. She had a feeling that the three men would be shocked of her craftyness. She figured even her husband would be.

She bowed her head one last time and let Dustin talk. She continued to smile though. For she was proud of what she did, and surely she would have been whipped in the lowlands for such thoughts, but now she was with Dustin and she knew that she was free now to think what she wanted and to speak what she thought. But at this time she knew it was time to remain silent and let them talk Laire nodded along with her husband’s speech. She wanted to show Nathon that they were united.

When he was done his speech and the two English men walked away she watched them till she could no longer see them. Then she turned to face Dustin again “You did good husband, me thinks your words will win them over” She grinned and kissed his lips softly wrapping her arms around his neck grinning. “Aye you did good” She was quick to encourage her husband she wouldn’t dream of taking any of the credit herself. For it was mans job she was just along for the ride.

Elizabeth stood and walked to Duncan she was pleased that it seemed to have ended peacefully. She grinned at the prospects of another night in a warm bed. “Aye husband” then she leanred in and whispered very hotly into his ear “But I don’t know how much sleeping you would be dong tonight husband, Me wants to take advantage of having a soft bed” She winked kissed his jaw line then took a step back. “What do we need to do before?”
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:23 am

Dustin waited with Laire at a campfire that some of his highlanders had made. The leaders of the other clans approached. They had heard Dustins speach to the man. But they wanted to know what plans he had for the lands that they had taken. "Now I know that we are taking all of this for Scotland, but who shall be its Laird?" Jimmy Mc Kirk asked.

Dustin had thought of that and knew that the Lairds would be wanting to claim some of this land for themselves. It was rich farm land with forests, sparcely settled it seemed but never the less good land. Though he was the one being responsible for the taking of the land, Their king would have the final say in the matter. "Aye I know what you are saying Jimmy. I have given thought to this matter, that I have. Once we have a good map of this land we have claimed we can place areas under the protection of the clans. But ye know that the King must approve it before anyone does anything.

I know you all to be good men and will treat these people as your own and not make them suffer as the English lords have. " he placed a hand on each of their shoulders. "We must also talk with the other Lairds and me thinks that after this here is done we need to bring all the clans back together and discuss what we will be doing." They nodded their heads and went back to their clans.

He turned back to Laire and sighed. "We have come far and taken much. Now we must be able to keep it and protect these people from the English King and his anger. He chuckled a bit. "Seems some Highlanders may become Lowlanders." Laire had come from the lowlands and now had transformed into a highlander woman. It seemed that now the reverse might come about for some of the highlanders.

The Count may have been frightened but he was one that seemed to love to talk and make claims. "My King will be here soon with an army that will wipe this punney force of yours from the land. Harm me and you will face the most unimaginable torture, that will last for weeks." He looked over at Elizabeth. "You I will take as my slave." he looked at her with desire in his eyes. Duncan back handed the man across the mouth and glared at him with a look that could have killed.

Take this......english noble away and lock him up. I want him guarded well." He then turned to Elizabeth and sliped an arm about her and took her into the town where the people were still looking a bit nervous. His men brought the supplies into the town and began handing it out. "Me thinks that you and your ladies will be a bit busy again. I will find us a place, take your angels and see if these people need your help." he gave her a patt on her ass and grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Laire sat down by the fire and leaned in to Dustin’s side and half closed her eyes focasing on the roaring fire. Comforted by the people around her and mostly her husband. As she heard the men appoarch she lifted her head, to them. She heard their talking then turned her attention to Dustin to see what he would say to that. She agreed, the best way to keep peace within the highlands was to leave the choice up to the King. Let the King decied who this land belonged to. Laire smiled. Her husband was a very wise man.

As the men left to go back to their clans and he turned to her and stated his thoughts she couldn’t help but laugh. “Nay husband, I don’t think anyone would want to become a lowlander after being a highlander so long, they will just make this land like the highlands, in anyway they can” She giggled again, man did it feel good to laugh, she had seen a lot over the last month, but she did not outwardly show it, “You and your men have done good husband, we have showen our king and the King of England that there is more then one way to win over the people, purhapes they will listen” She leaned her head against his strong arms again. “Me only hopes our King will hold up his promise and have men for us to give us more men.” She was fearful they had been able to win this town over but that was just because of Edward, what would happen at the next town?

Elizabeth looked apone the count with a disgust even before he opened his mouth she did not like him. She stood up and strong glaring at him her eyes full of disgust. It turned to a deeper anger and disgust when he finally did open his mouth. She clenched her fists her eyes darting towards her bow and arrows that laid at her feet. As his eyes landed on her she felt like vomiting. She was none shocked on how her husband reacted. She nearly cracked a smile. As the count was lead away Elizabeth unladylike spat at him in disgust. She wanted to prove to him that he did not scare her and that she would never dream of concideding to him.

As Duncan slipped his arm around her she looked up at him and walked with him into the town trying to smile reassuring to the people fearfully watching them but it seemed to useless she knew that she would have to wait until she was able to prove that they did not mean any harm. She nodded “Aye they do look fearful” Elizabeth stood on her tippy toes and kissed his lips softly just enough to make it so he would want more after she slipped out of his arms grapped her bag and her ladies and sat down in the middle of the town and waited she knew it would only take one person for them to help then word would get out.

Surprisly this time it was a dog that would need their help she heard the screams of a young child yelling “papa no” Elizabeth lifted up her skirts and went running towards the screaming she saw a man holding what looked like to be a puppy, not even a year old and a sword in the other.

Elizabeth cried out “Please stop” The man turned to her Elizabeth walked up and took the young whimpering pup, “What say you if I could save your little girls dog here” The father rubbed the back of hs neck and shrugged “Its impossible and you are getting my lttle girls hopes up for nothing, you be a scot what can you do?” Elizabeth ignored that slight and took the dog the man and the girl followed.

Elizabeth sat down and turned to the girl. “Now I need you to talk to your puppy, all he really needs is some sitches. In less then ten minutes she had cleaned and sowen up the dogs wounds and dressed it and handed it back to the father. “See that the dog doesn’t move around too muc till he is healed”

The father mouth was agape and he was speechless. “You saved my daughters broken heart, what can I do for you?” Elizabeth shook her head “Just tell your friends, neighbours, family, that we mean no harm here, and that my angels and myself are here, and can deal with almost anything, we even be having a few midwives if you be needed it”
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:21 am

After about an hour the gate of the town opened and remained open as Nathan and Edward emerged with several other men. Dustin rose to his feet and helped Laire to hers. He put an arm about her waist and walked to the gate and the men. "The Mayor and the rest of the council has listened to both of us. Edward again told his story of your kindness and of your wife's and her ladies care of those considered your enemies. Never before have we heard of such things of an invading army or of one that has met another in battle. The stories of the Normans invasion are still fress in the minds of many. Enemy wounded were put to the sword and prisoners sold as slaves." Nathan spoke up.

He stood to one side and the others did as well, allowing unhindered passage into the town. "Dustin nodded to the council, Nathan and the Mayor. "I have given ye my word and it will be so. I will take my men up to the castle there and that is were we will stay for a bit. "He gave a gentle push against Laire's back, pushing her forward a step or two. "This be my wife Laire McCoud. Here and her Angels of Mercy " he looked over at Edward and smiled. " Will help any that need it. Have them come up to the castle and they will be more then happy to help."

With that he gave the signal and the Highlanders put out their camp fires and packed things up quickly and marched into the town and up the main street to the castle with Dustin and Laire in the lead.. The people looked out from windows and door ways, with looks of fear still and a bit of awe as well. "Now we will see what this castle is like. " he told Laire. He turned to Nathan that walked with him and Laire, "Where are the soldiers and the Noble?"

"The count set off with two hundred men to Wilshire to the west to meet with two other nobles and their men. I think they were going in search of you and your men." Nathan told him.

This news did not bode well with Dustin. Those two hundred and perhaps at least four hundred more were out there between him and Duncan. That could become a big problem. He immediately sent a messenger back to find out if Duncan had encountered these soldiers and to warn him if he had not. Once that was done he set about exploring the castle. It was lavishly furnished and well fortified. There were those there that bore the scares of the whip and wore leather collars. Slaves of the noble. He ordered his men to remove the colars and the men and women taken to the main hall where he would have Laire set up her place of healing. "It looks as if you have your first patients my love. Take good care of them." He kissed her and sent her on her way .

Others explored the castle as well and a few highlanders came to him and told him to come with him. He was taken down to the dungons of the castle and to a room that had been locked with a storng padlock. It now lay on the floor borken. Inside was three chests. Two large ones and a small one. The small one had a sealed letter in it which Duisin opened and read. He smiled and looked at the small chest of coins and then the two larger. "The greedy bastard taxed the people more then what the King had set it looks like. Bring the chests and get Natan, Edward and the Mayor up here." He lead the men back up to the Main hall and had the chests placed on a table.

When Nathan, Edward and the Mayor came, he took them over to the chests of gold and silver coins. "Take these and give back to your people and set aside the coins that should go back to the people of any other village or farm that this Noble taxed." He pointed to the two large chests. "This one will go to the King of Scotland,"

Nathan and the Mayor looked at Dustin and then the gold and silver, their eyes wide with disbelif. "You would not keep this?" the Mayor asked.

"No. It belongs to the people not to me. This gold and silver will help them now till their crops come in and perhaps more. Please see to the fair dispursment of it." The mayor and Nathan were stunned by this generosity. They stammered their thanks and Dustin smiled.

Duncan had the prisoners placed in a barn and well guarded. As Elizabeth went off to help the people of the town, he set about looking at the defences of the town. It had a sturdy wall about it and a couple of watch towers. But it was nothing that an army could not breach should a large enough one come. It was mainly to keep out the wild beasts and bandits.

The Little girl took her puppy back into her arms and hugged it. "Thank you.." she said and stood there waiting for her father.

Again the highlanders set up in places that would accept them. They treated the people with respect and as earlier began playing music with the pipes and telling stories. Soon the people's fears began to wane and there was laughter and siinging in the town.

After Duncan got done with his rounds of the village he found the local Inn and was able to procure a room for him and Elizabeth. In his rounds he found a couple things that he found might be useful and brought them to the room. A leather whip that he cut the whip part off of and kept the leather wraped handle. He grinned when he held it up and placed it by the bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:28 am

Laire winked a thanks and Dustin as she stood beside him. She placed her hands over the hands that were wrapped around her. Laire’s cheeks turned a slight shade of pink. “I only did what I would want someone to do to me” Laire was still not comfortable accepting a complement. She was learning though. She could tell that these people were still fearful, but she new that all she had to do was tend ot one person and the word would get out and then they would be even more welcomed just like before.

When she was pushed forward Laire bowed her head. “Aye my ladies and me will be happy to help you all in anyway possible, from something simple like blisters, or sunburns, rashes, to really anything. I have had lots of training.” She heard the murmers, she looked to her husband then back to the crowd. ‘Aye I recived the punishment numours times, and I still continued” She figured that the lower England was like the lowlands of Scotland.

As the camp was torn down and fires put out she stood beside Dustin, she set off with Dustin to see what the castle was like. She noticed the nervousness of the people and her heart was breaining these people had been so abused and used and told to fear them that she was sure that until they proved themselves these people, like all the others wouldn’t trust them. She had a tough job ahead of her but she was ready to deal with it.

She heard the news and she wasn’t too sure about it so she stored away that little bit of information until they could be alone and she could ask Dustin properally but one look in his eyes told er that it was not good news and this worried her but she pushed it aside. Putting on a brave face. She had to come across as strong for any signs of weakness would ruin her chances with the people in the village.

When Laire saw the people with the collors and scars Laire gripped Dustin’s hands and swalloed hard. She took a minute to compose herself and nodded. “Aye husband I do” She kissed him back softly. She left his side and set up imeditatly ordering many pots of hotwater and clean clothes and her and her ladies went around and cleaned the bloodied wounds and then appiled oinments, she worked very slowly and took great care.

When one asked why she was taking such care Laire bit her lower lip. “I too have recived lashings, for doing what I am doing now, helping people” She knew she was earning their trusts. They were still jumpy. Laire’s heart was breaking. She sent them all to the beds of the nobles. “Rest well I will be back to check on you” When the last ones where resting Laire went back to the main hall and begain cleaning up. She had no idea how much time has passed since Dustin had sent her away but she was sure that he was busy as well.

Elizabeth smiled as she saw the little girl run back with her puppy. She helped out some more minor injuriers. And she grinned at the sounds at the souns of the singing and laughter. It was a great sound to hear. She noticed that again fate was on their side the town accepted them again. The count was still in the back of her mind but she shurgged it off.

She stood after bandaging a twisted ankle looking for her dear Duncan. She was growing weary from the travel, but she also burned with desire for him. She did not know where these feelings were coming from but she knew one thing she realy needed him and fast.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:32 am

The slaves were in awe of Laire and her ladies. The doctor that Father Marcus had sent over saw everything and was amazed at the bedside manner of the women under Laire's command. Not only did they sooth the wounds and pains but the patients mind as well. He noted everything down on paper he carried. The former slaves now freed by Dustin rested as they were told to by Laire. Never had they had so much comfort or food.

Nathan, the Mayor and Edward entered the main Room with the chets of gold and were talking as they passed Laire. "I thought for sure he would keep the gold for himself." The Mayor stated. "To give it back to the people is something no noble or general would have done."

Edward chuckled. "He is no ordinary man as you can now see." he told the mayor, "He is the Laird of his clan and the commander of the highlanders here and elsewhere. He cares for the people no matter who they are. He is unlike any English Noble, General or man of wealth." he turned to his brother Nathan. "I will take some of the gold back to Northwood with me when I return there with my family. It will buy seed and much more for the farmers and the townspeople for the next year and the coming winter. Such a gift to them from McCloud, who has already given them much, will be remembered for generations to come." he placed a hand on his brother's shoulder. "You see now brother, why I would follow such a man as he and his wife. God truely must have sent them to us."

Duncan set off to find Elizabeth. He had to figure out now what he was going to do with the Count and the two hundred healthy prisoners and the hundred wounded ones. Elizabeths Angles of Mercy and the doctor Father Marcus had sent with them were tending to those. From the reports that the messengers had brought Duncan had sent off a number of soldiers, as did Eathan and even he had from the last encounter. That was a goodly sum of men, even if unarmed now, could be rearmed and sent against them. As he looked For Elizabeth his thoughts was upon this. He could only hope that thier mercy would not come back to bite them.

He finally found her walking down the street. He smiled quickened his step and finally swept her up into his arms and spun her around. "Are you ready to relax a little my sweet wife." he had a mischevious smile upon his lips.

The many soldiers that had been released by the three groups of highlanders, all traveled south. As they walked they talked. The consolidation of England had been a blood time. Even though they may not have had a part in the begining of it, their father's had and had told stories of it. Of how many of the Saxons soldiers had been enslaved, sent off to mines and the like. Even now when the nobles would enslave people that rebeled or did not pay their taxes. But they had been freed to return south to their families and to another army was surely being formed. They had been treated well, the wounded had been treated, sewed up, and cared for by the Scottish women that had such a gentle touch and soothing way about them.

Their leaders had been hard in battle but kind afterwards. Their leaders would not have been so enclined. The wounded would have been left to die or killed and those strong and able would have been enslaved.

Slowly over the days that the highlanders moved across the land these soldiers all came together in city of New Castle. It was still some distance from where Dustin, Duncan and Eathan were and was well fortified. They could rearm there and they did. But what they were going to do was another matter. Once together they excahanged their stories and now began to wonder what they should do. They had given their word not to again fight against the Scotts. The general that had been released by Dustin was of the mind for vengence, but could not get the men to rally to him. They decided to stay there in New Castle to defend it should the Scotts decend to the city. They had not given their word not to defend England. The General had made many threats against the soldiers but the Count that controled the city welcomed the addional troops to defend the city and had the general imprisoned for his failure to defeat the Scotts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:52 pm

Laire finished cleaning everything and went back to check on each resting patient, a few bandages needed to be cleaned and she had to coax a few others to stop cleaning and get back to bed. “You are freed now, my husband has set you free, anycleaning or work you do will be paid for, but for now please get some rest” They were still nervous but she eventually got each one to go to sleep.

She finally left as the last one was asleep. She knew she had to find someone to stand guard and make sure that they all stayed in bed. For this job she gave to a few of the single ladies that had come with them. She gave them some of the ale that had the sleep herbs in it. “If the continue to get up, please give them this, their bodies and minds need rest” She paused “When they awkaen give them food and water, but only little bits at a time , their bodies have gone so long with out.” They nodded and Lair left them to search for Dustin.

Her anger was boiling in her. She hands were shaking she needed her dear Husband too soothe her anger for it seemed only he could in times like these. She wanted to stangle the people that would dare treat people like this. Her fists were clenched at her side and her jaw was clenched. To anyone of her colours that she passed she asked through clenched teeth if they had seen Dustin.

Finally a few ran ahead of her in search for him. She had given up looking for him and was pacing angerily her arms stiff at her side she wanted to scream, but that would be very unlady like she she just paced. Tears burned at her eyes but she refused to let them fall.

Elizabeth had been kept busy but she was greateful for it, it meant that trust was building up, and like everywhere else it was the children frist that warmed up to them. Then the young mothers and it went from there. She continued around the town with her ladies behind her.

She helped a first time mom to be that was nervous that she hadnt felt her baby move in a couple days. Elizabeth placed her hand on her stomach and pressed and laughed when the babe inside punched her back. “The babe was just sleeping” She rubbed the tummy “Soon enough he will be out and you will be missing these times” She laughed and continued on. She was able to help even more people, and she again begain to train some of the other ladies to help their own people.

She nearly jumped out of her own skin, as she felt a arm wrap around her she left out a ear pericing scream and went to hit at the hand that was around her when she was spun around andshe noticed that it was Duncan she hit him on the chest hard. “You scared me Duncan” She was breathing heavily and it was clear that she had been really scared. As it subsided she leaned against his chest.

“Why do I get the feeling you do not have sleep in mind for either of us?”
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next