The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Exiled Traveller (Open, mature)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Exiled Traveller (Open, mature) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Exiled Traveller (Open, mature)

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2011 3:47 pm

He chuckled, "Yes you could call it manners. Part of our training to treat women with respect." But he nodded his head, "I shall try my best." he grinned and looked around. The first rays of the sun were just creeping up over the trees. "No I didn't eat anything this morning. One gets use to such a thing when you go into battle first thing in the morning."

He figured they would travel till about noon and then stop to rest the horses. "So they accused you with out facts or witnesses. A wrong that needs to be righted." he looked at her sternly, "That is something the order does. You should not have to wander about without a home to return to. We will investigate this on our way."

Back to top Go down

The Exiled Traveller (Open, mature) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Exiled Traveller (Open, mature)

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sat May 28, 2011 3:53 pm

"that's a first, treating women with respect. no such thing where I come from especailly for me and my mother" she said and Thorn listened as well "good luck with that, that place is horrible and I do not wish to go back for I have no family there anymore" she said, her mother had been killed not soon after and was the only family she had ever known. well, that's what she had been told anyway.
"Also it's not good to not eat anything in the morning no matter how big of a meal you had the day before even if it's just an apple it's beeter than nothing" she said and tossed him an apple "Eat that while we ride and what's your horse called anyway?" she asked "and my story is in the past nothing can sway their minds in the slightest and it i not a place that welcome people at all"
She checked the sky every now and then to see what time it was and how long they had until noon to get to the river on the way.

Last edited by Rose for the Hunter on Sun May 29, 2011 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 6:34 am

"Can't help it if most men don't treat women with respect." he grinned again. "But that is something I think that came out of the marriage of the leader of the Riders of the Light when he married the elven queen. Stories and such that have been told again and again through the years." he continued as he ate the apple.

When she told him that it was now all in the past he shook his head. "No, justice must be done. A murderer has gotten away with murder for five years, your name has been soiled and your life has been made hard. As for a welcome, none would dare not welcome a Knight of the Light and any who travels with him or her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 6:44 am

"Well good for him, she's lovely, my father took me too met her when I was younger she was so sweet to me that I wanted to stay there but I had to go back home before my father left.She didn't care at all and alwasy used be in the garden full of flowers, she also gave my family a gift as well. Also, isn't that just the same as fear then? I am not permitted to go there and my mother warned me not to come back for my own safety so I will not go back" she said as her hood slipped off her head and she pulled it back up "Past is the past and my life isn't that hard you get used to it after a while and I get to see a lot more of the world that we live in and the crusade got there not too soon after I left. My village is very far south probably one of the first hit so I don't even know if it's there still" she said.
The gift she talked about was her pendant and chain her mother had come and she gave it to her family she did not know why because of the words spoken at that time remained hazy in her mind. Thorn lifted his head and looked at the forked path making Kris look up a bit as well. "we're heading north boy. Which way is it?" she said nad Thorn shook his head and then picked out the northen path makign sure it was safe as well.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 8:01 am

He raised a brow when she said she had met the Elven Queen of old. She had not been seen for quite some time. She had turned over the reigns of power to her oldest son when Katal, her husband had finally surcumed to time. Even with magic his life span was only lengthened by a couple hundred years. That was long ago. He had been the last of the Riders of the Light to die. So the Queen still lived. He smiled and nodded to Kris. "Such a meeting would have been the greatest thing for a Knight of the Light. I envy you." he told her. "She must have thought very highly of your family to give you a gift. You will be more then welcome in New Freed and honored."

The Queen never gave out favors unless it was for a purpose. A gift to Kris' family ment they were important. There fore Kris was important and now even more Eric was honor bound to protect her and take her to New Freed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 8:11 am

"I guess, My father didn't speak much though so I don't understand the language very much but they gave it to me when I left" she said rustleing her short ginger hair. "I don't remember it very much but she still looked so young then, I wonder how she fairs today" she said as if talking about an old family member. "My father was one of her archers that's probably why she gave to to my family" she was trying to remember bits of the speech and shook her head.
"Such things as being honored don't really matter to me" she said and didn't talk much until Thorn stopped at the river once they got there "we can rest up here, the water is fresh as well" she said as she jumped down from Thorn who then gulped down water from the river as she sat down beside her horse.
SHe then filled ehr old water bottle and put it in her sadle bag before she kneeled down adn took a sip of water as the pendant fell forward touching the water. She quickly put it back under her shirt so she didn't loose it.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 8:34 am

He smiled at her attitude on the matter. "It might not matter to you, but to the people of New Freed it is something." When they stopped at the river he dismounted and let his horse drink. "Drink you fill my friend and rest. We still have a very long way to go." he told his horse and moved around to join Kris at the river. He saw the pendent and again his brow raised. A dragon pendent, the covenent that had been made with the great dragon of the northern part of New Freed.

"Your father was no mere archer in the employ of the Queen. To be entrusted with the covenent of the Great Dragon, he had to be one in great favor of the Queen and a great warrior. May I see it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 8:42 am

She lifted her head and pulled her hood back pulling the chain carefully from around her neck adn over her head and put the pendant in her palm "here, I do want it back though, it's all I have left. She never told me why she gave it to my family so I do not know but my father was a great archer I know because he taught me a lot before he left" she said. The amber stone it curled around protectively had a small glow to it and the dragon was so detailed and well crafted that every single scale could be seen on it and it's silver eye never let it's gaze wonder. "it too was craft by elves like your sword which I noticed back at the Inn" she said
Thorn snorted still haveing a disticnt dislike to both Eric and his horse. "Oh Thorn hush it" she said and tugged her horses mane and he nuckered and nibbled some grass
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 8:52 am

Eric took the pendent and held it in his hand. He had seen pictures of it in the old texts in the great library of Thelladon, the capital of New Freed. In his hand he held the covenent between New Freed and the Great Dragon of the North. He who held the covenent held great power. He or see could command the dragons. He placed the pendent into her hand and closed it upon the pendent. Then he went to one knee before Kris. "You are the protector of the covenent, one of the most honored positions of New Freed. You must return to New Freed with me. It is now my mission to protect you at all costs and bring you to see the King of new Freed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 8:59 am

"Eric, encase you haven't noticed I can look after myself fine and have done for 5 years, I don't need anyone to protect me. Honestly" she said adn pulled him his feet and then put the pendant back around her neck and hid it under her shirt again. "and what do you mean by all costs, I hope life isn't one of them" she said crossing her arms and Thorn looked over at his stubborn master proudly and laughed as he whinnied. "Plus I'm only taking over from my father, he never came back and my mother couldn't handle it" she said and stroked Thorn who still laughed slightly and she tugged his ear "Don't be rude Thorn" she said "and I promised the eleven queen to visist her around this time anyway to report on how my family was doing and to get the pendant cleaned up a bit as well" she said.
After their horses had rested Kris jumped up on Thorn pulling her hood back up and waited for Eric.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 9:10 am

As he rose to his feet, "It is you that does not understand." he began, "After the great war Katal claimed the lands of the elves and part of the northern empire as New Freed. But in the north there were dragons, and one great dragon that came to control the others. Katal saved that great dragons's life and a covenent was made. He that holds that pendent, holds that covenent. Has the power to order the dragons to do their bidding. All dragons in the northern part of New Freed will obey the one that wears that pendent. The Queen wore it to keep those that would want to use it for evil from having it. She gave it to your father to protect, and he gave it to you. That means someone knows of it, wishes to have it, and use it. Yes life, the lives of thousands, perhaps hunderds of thousands lay in you hand."

He mounted up and looked around. It began to make sence now. Her father left hopping to draw those away from her and her mother. He had given it to Keis. Keis was accused of murder, but before she could be taken into custody she had escaped. Those that murdered the Chief of the village and his family had wanted to get their hands on the pendent in this way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 9:21 am

She listen to his story and sighed afterwards "Fine, but you are not allowed to die on me, got it?" she said sternly meaning it as well. Kris was only her human name so she went by that most of the time but the queen and her father called her by her elven name Amber. She hadn't seen a dragon for many years since her father's death they had all gone into a deep slumber for many years and she knew it.
Kris let Thorn lead the way again since he knew nearly every path of the wild and the tame letting him pick the safe paths. "That just makes them puppets" she muttered under her breath "There have been no dragons for years, not since my father left and gave me the pendant" she said "and before you say anything don't even think fo caling me 'my lady' either" she said getting a feeling he would beign calling he that again. Thorn whinnied again and bucked lightly finding it rather funny. well it was to him.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 9:51 am

(How do you like it so far?)
Eric smiled and nodded. "I will do my best." he told her. "Yes the dragons for now slumber but could be commanded to awake and go to war. The dragons have their code of honor and they will honor their pact. Some would use them as puppets, yes. But the Queen and back then Katal would only use them to help portect the kingdoms from another Darkon." As they rode, "If it comes down to me or the pendent falling into the wrong hands, there will be no hesitation." he told her. "That is what it means to be a Knight of the Light, and we all take our duty to heart. But before that I will take many with me."

He was now on guard for any and all that would approach. Some one wanted the pendent. They had bungled the job 5 years before, but he doubted that they had given up on finding it. He who could control the dragons could control the kingdoms and more. Red dragons breathed fire, Black ones acid, Green a gass that killed, and the great Dragon could do all three. Their scales deflected all but certain magical arrows. Magical weapons had to be used to kill them and to be armored against their breath weapons and sharp claws and teeth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 10:00 am

"I will not awaken them to fight in a war, they have their lives and we have ours.plus, I prefere to fight my own battles not for someone else to do it for me" she said and listened as he spoke not replying despite having alot to say. Kris lifted her head slightly looking to the sky always making sure that it stayed light before they got closer to the next village. "I know that anyway, my father told me... he told me lots of things most of what I know" she said
"What about you, what was your family like?" she asked "Also who siad I would stand by and do nothing, I take after my father in archery" she said and Thorn flicked his ears hearing something a hodded figure stood on the side of the rode and Thorn walked on the oposite side of the path to it snorting as they passed the figure and Kris made sure the pendant was hidden by lowering her head slightly tucking bits of hair behind her ears.

Thorn also held his head high watching the figure for any signs of movement towards them and pinned his ears back in warning.

(it's great, very unusal story as well)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:40 pm

(Taking the history from a D&D RP I did years ago)

"My family?" he smiled. From the time of the creation of the Knights of Light my family has been Knights. Whether they were warriors, mages, clerics, or even thieves, they have been Knights of Light. The original five were like that, Katal was a warrior as was Karrak, Anna was a cleric of RA, Thuran was a mage and Varon was a thief." he chuckled. "Yes, from where they came from even royalty could be a thief. Now that should have been a strange kingdom."

"My parents still live in New Freed. My father is still a Knight and serves the King. My mother is still alive and is not anything special. She is there for my father and me. But don't think she is weak." he shook his head. She will carve your heart out in single move if she wanted.

He saw the figure and his hand went to the hilt of his sword. The staff that the figure carried denoted that he or she was a mage. One to be wary of if you didn't have the means to defend against. He followed Kris but kept an eye on the figure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 1:48 pm

(cool)
"That sounds like an interesting family, lot more interesting than some travellers anyway" she said Thorn was tempted to growl and the figure spoke as they walked beside Kris "That horse is strange, why does he growl, isn't that what dragons do young miss?" "That sir, is none of your buissness. Now if you'll excuse me and my freind we have to reach a village before dark" she said politely but they kept following and Thorn was growling. You see what she didn't tell anyone was what Thorn actually was. He wasn't a horse he was a type of dragon that was not very big and easily diguised themselves to protect their masters. They were a bit like horse dragons in a way which explained why he was so wild yet willing obeyed Kris.
"Heading to New Freed, you haven't seen that Pendant have you, The queen gave it an elf many years ago and no one has seen it since" "I'm sorry sir, I have not seen it, I have only heard tales that is all"
The mage kept persistantly trying to follow and THorn was getting very agitated by this persons prescence. "Calm down Thorn" she said leaning forward slightly and stroking his neck.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Eric stopped his horse and turned to face the Mage. He drew his sword and the gleam of the metal glittered in the sunlight. "Who might you be sir?" he asked. He looked down at the stranger with a stern light. It seemed that this mage knew a little to much about the pendent. It was not well known. All that was known that there was a covenent, but not that the dragon pendent was the key to it.

Why did this stranger think that Kris knew anything about the pendent? Only some one that was familiar with it would know about it. The stranger evidently knew that a half elf now had it which could only mean that he was one of those after it and perhaps involved in the murder of the Village Chief and his family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 2:39 pm

"I am but a mage, of course I know about it" he said giveing a slight nod of his head Thorn stopped as well beside Eric's horse but was half a step forward in order to keep an eye on the mage. " I only saw an elf wearing it in battle, he handed it to a young half elf as he died" "Oh shut it, that's nothing but a story. An elf still holds it for the queen would not let a half blood guard it, we do not posses as much skill or agility" she said "Plus they would always have a dragon with them, the small kind though and I assure you I do not posses any dragon at all, my horse just has some illness at the momment but I have no choice to ride him since We have to reach somewhere safe before Dark" she said
The mage just "I Assure you young miss it is no tale or sto-" "It is a story and nothing more, now will you just let us be already" she said "My horse is very irratable around strangers, such as yourself"
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 3:25 pm

The mage chuckled. "Oh my dear being a mage I have abilities to sence things. Like your horse there. That is but a disguise it is able to create. Magical things can easily be detected and seen by those that know what to look for." the man looked up at Kris. In the darkness of the hood she could see amber eyes glowing. "So I assume that you are the one that has the pendent.

Eric moved his horse forward and closer to the Mage, bringing his sword up the point, before the mages face. "I would head the lady's advice."

The mage chuckled again. "A Knight of Light, and with a weapon that might be a match for my magic. Might." he chuckled again. "But you have nothing to fear from me. I do seek the pendent but not for the reason you might think. There is a great evil coming and we must prepare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun May 29, 2011 3:35 pm

"You really don't think I know my own horse, of course I know what he is which is why I tell people to be careful of his bite" she said at the mention of the Pendant Thorn opened his mouth revealing sharp rows of teeth like no horse would have and growled feircly. The Mage looked to Thorn "Young miss and sir knight why don't you look at that horse then, no horse has teeth or growls" "and didn't I say I know" said Kris "Also as long as there is me and my horse I'm afraid no one is getting the pendant easily whether we have it or not" she said and a hiss came from Thorn.
"and what great evil do you speak of or is this another one of yoru tales old mage?" she said acid was dripping from Thorn's mouth he was related to the great dragon despite lookign nothing like him. "Speak old mage" he spoke in a deep voice
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 4:29 pm

The mage switched his gaze to Eric. "You Knight know of the Crusade, but did you know it's true purpose?" he leaned on his staff. "By the look on your face you do not." he moved a hand to the hood of his cloak and pulled it back. The vistage of an elderly half dark elf was revealed. Half human, half Dark Elf."

Eric's eyes narrowed as he saw the race of the stranger. Dark elves were not noted for their love for humans or elves. "So why don't you enlighten us." Eric told the mage.

He nodded. "It is but a cover to drain the strength of the Kingdoms. Pull fighting men away far to the south. To enrage the people of the southern continent and ensure a war continues that will continue to drain the manpower and resources."

Now that peaked Eric's intrest. "Continue."

"Your fore fathers fought a great war and won, killing the demi god Darkon. That demorlized his armies of the north making it easy to scatter them to the far north, beyond the great mountains there. But they were never really defeated." he looked back at Kris. "There was a son born to the Demi God Darkon. Something that the great Riders of the Light did not realize or know. He has grown up, and has over the span of time killed all that stood in his way to take command of the remains of those armies. Though they are not the original armies of old, they still exist and now are poised once more to march and retake what belonged to Darkon."

Eric's eyes widened and he licked his lips. If what the mage said was true then the Kingdoms were in for big trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 30, 2011 1:32 am

"Us dragons have known for a while, he almost killed my father years back" spat Thorn Kris just listened "then we should get back quickly, I have a promise to fulfil before then and like I said as long as me and Thorn are alive then the pendant will not go anywhere mage" she said "Did you ever think of telling this to those who are fighting right now?" said Thorn he still held a hiss in his voice and Thorn did not talk often either. "Yes, I did. But they would not listen. Dark elves aren't known for their love of humans or elves" he said "I do know that" she said.
Kris patted Thorn's neck and he nickered lightly she was a bit worried and he did his best to stop it and nuzzled her hand. "What do you suggest then? start another war?"she said bitterly
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 6:22 am

The mage was right, who would believe him. He was a mage and a half dark elf at that. He would need proof. But Eric was a Knight of Light an when he told his king about the matter he would be belived. "We must get the kingdoms to pull their troops back from this crusade." that was easier said then done.

Turning to the Mage, "Then you must come with us to New Freed and present your story to the King." Turning to Kris. "Stop one war and prepare for another." But he still did not trust the mage fully. Yes his story could be true but he could still be after the pendent for Darkon's son.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 30, 2011 6:31 am

"Judging by where we are it'll take us about three days and we don't have a third horse either" said Kris and Thorn snorted "He can walk if he wants to come" Kris looked to Thorn. "Also isn't it best to make sure they think that the troops are still there, that way they'll be unprepared or atleast less prepared than they should be" she said "Yes, yes. How would you do that?" "Now, that is something I cannot do... yet" she said "I can do alchemy but we can't make our pace any slower than this or it'll take longer" she said
"I would offer a way of travel but my magic is geting old now" said the Mage looking up to Kris as she leaned down to stroke Thorn again the pendant showed but Thorn growled in warning as the mage eyed the pendant. "Watch it Mage" he snapped almost tearing the sleeve of the clothes the mage wore.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:15 am

"But to pick up the pace some I can do this." He raised his staff in the air slightly. The gems in the eyes of the wolf head piece glowed and then at his feet a black round object appeared. It looked paper thin, but he stepped up on it and it rose in to the air about a foot off the ground. He chuckled, "It is better then walking, and I don't have to worry about feeding and stabling a mount. Besides I don't like riding horses that much, never got use to it."

He looked over at Thorn and grinned. "Protect her well dragon. I am sure that the agents of Darkon, yes his son has taken his father's name, are out and about here looking for you. The same information I have they have. Darkon wants that pendent and will do everything he can to get it." he looked up at Eric, "Another thing you need to know. He has brought the Dark Riders back. They are everywhere looking for her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next