The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?) Empty Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 am

That evening one more person was thrown into the dens of the gladiators, strangely though it was a girl but then considering how she dressed and where she worked by herself in the mountains it wasn't a surprise that people thought she was a boy. She worked with herbs in medicine helping those that couldn't afford some of the more expensive doctors or if they refused to help them. She found her seeds for the herbs in the wild. But her charge was poisoning someone, funny thing was she could make poison but she wasn't the one who poisoned the man.

The guards held her still "Don't worry lad you'll be fine in the pits, they only bite a little" they laughed and shoved her forward, crashing into one of the more bad tempered gladiators she moved away quickly and looked around, centre of attention quickly she could tell they at least suspected something with her being of a smaller stature than all of them. Not speaking she felt it better to just let them think she was a boy especially in such a place like this. It did help greatly that her nickname was Leo. Leotie had deep emerald green eyes and her tawny brown wings hid themselves, folded tightly on her back nervously and rather scared. When someone called out food was being brought in, simply water and bread. The last to get there she didn't get much but settled herself in a corner and nibbled on the bread she did have sipping some water as well. "Better than nothing" she muttered softly to herself. Her wings moved around protectively, like a bird of prey protecting their food from other predators.

Getting up carefully she wondered around finding small sections, like rooms cut off from the rest as if they were cells or bedrooms for some of them. She decided to try and get and empty one for herself and looked around them finding one that look unoccupied she went into it and then pulled out noticing someone in there giving gasp of shock, it was so dark she didn't notice anyone in there "s-sorry" she said and covered her mouth quickly damn it she thought and just went to find somewhere else to go.

Last edited by Rose for the Hunter on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?) Empty Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:55 am

Rome, decadent Rome. A place of diversity, debultery, adultry and more. The Emperor liked the games in the Arena and had made sure that the general public was well satisfied with blood, death, and mayham. Marcus was a gladiator. He has survived several matches in the arena. He had once been a Centurian, but had the ill luck of spurning the wife of one of the nobles and therefore was accused by her of trying to seduce her. No one wanted to hear his side of the story. The noble was powerful and believed his wife, or if he didn't he didn't want the scandle that she was having affairs.

So he was stripped of his rank and thrown into the Gladiatoral pits. Here he was tested by one of the merchants that bought him and found that he was good with the sword. He had made a lot of money on wagers and being paid for him to fight others that were of the same caliber or even supposedly better then him.

He was in the pens of the Arena assigned to his "Master", in one of the dimly lit rooms that served as bedchambers for the Gladiators. He heard a noise and turned over on the straw mattress that he was laying on to see who had disturbed his sleep. He saw some one that looked to be young standing in the room and heard a voice saying sorry. But it was not a mans voice and not that of a man either. He stood up and looked at the figure in the room. "What you doing boy?" he said not wanting to let on that he had an idea that it was a woman. "Come here."

He stood almost 6 feet tall, with broad shoulders, and a well muscled body. He wore a Red Tunic and broad belt and a pair of sandles that straped up his lower legs. He was handsome and clean shaven with close chopped black hair and Deep Blue eyes.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Leotie gulped scared as it was she stopped in her tracks and took a few steps forward but didn't speak. She had long dark brown hair tied back in a ponytail, deep emerald green eyes and worn a fairly simple tunic one that usually boys would wear but couldn't care less since it was more practical for her job. Folding her wings tightly to hide them on her back she didn't speak at all, she had lean muscles but was thrown down there due to her crimes if anything. Plucking up the courage to speak again she tried to deepen her voice a little "Sorry, sir, didn't mean to disturb you just looking for an empty place" she hesitated

Leotie then was quick to back out the room wanting to find a quiet place that was empty, she really didn't like being down in the pits, before she had been brought down though her flight feathers were clipped it'd take at least 6 months to a year before she could fly again properly. "That was a close one" she muttered and began searching for a different place looking through some of the more darker ones in hopes one would be empty.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 pm

He chuckled at her apology and stood up as she backed out of the room. He shook his head and went after her. If it was found out that she was a young woman, she would have a very bad time of it. He sighed and went after her and as he saw her searching other rooms, he moved up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "You will not find anything empty." he looked towards the large room where the new "recruits" had been brought to. Especially if the new ones found out it would go bad for her.

"Come. Are you hungry?" he asked. "The fare the new arrivals get is pittaful. You come with me to my area's mess and I will get you some decent food." He shook his head again. Anyone thrown down to the pits of t he arena were as good as dead. Unless they had skill with the sword, they would be done in, with their first match. It didn't matter if this new one was a woman or not. "You have any training with the sword or spear?" he asked. He doubted it but it did no harm in finding out.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Jumping she turned around swiftly and looked to him uneasily listening to what he said and nodded at his first question. Listening to what else was said to her she hesitated to answer what he said she really had hoped to just stay on her own if possible, she thought her wigs ruffling a little on her back as she did think. "Ok and I have a little training with the spear, not much though" she muttered looking at her feet she took a deep breath. "Only until another one free's up though" she whispered half to herself.

Leotie did head back with him and just settled herself down somewhere away from him, she had a feeling he knew she was female, he didn't look that stupid. "Ummm, did you figure out...?" she didn't finish her question but spoke very softly and quietly "Also there any spears I can practice with?" trying to figure this place out as much as she could after her eyes had adjusted to the dim light of the pits.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:01 pm

He chuckled as she asked about if he figured it out. "I am not dense or stupid." he said. "That is why I figured it would be safer here for you then out there. There are plenty of spears, swords, and tridents that you can practice with." he told her. "You have not been bought by any of the promoters of the games, or any of the nobles that wish to have gladiators. I will see if Marcellus will buy you. I have made a lot for him and he might do it for me. "

He brought in an extra bunk and mattress and a blanket. "Stay here and I will get you some food." he told her and went out. A bit later he returned with a bowl of beef stew and some fresh bread and jug of water and a couple of ceramic cups. "Here eat. You look half starved and you will need the energy to practice." he sat back down on his bunk and watched her. "How did you come to be here? he asked. "Where are you from and how old are you."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:13 pm

"No one else seemed to" she muttered "I'll practice a little later maybe" waiting there while he went off. She thanked him and settled down sitting cross legged with he bowel in her lap and began to eat it listening to his questions and answered "I'm 19 nearly 20 years old and I'm down here because I supposedly poisoned a man which I didn't problem was he was a high ranking noble and well some people had it in for me already, I come from outside the city, in the mountains or somewhere high up I guess, I live away from people" she answered "What about you?" she asked him a little curious now if anything and was soon finished with the food she'd been given and sipped some of the water contently.
She was also thinking about where she could practice, she'd rather do it alone really if she could so maybe waiting until the others were asleep at least would be a better idea, minus the fact she'd have to find a spear that was the right size for her as well. Waiting for his answers she asked another question "also what's your name, I"m Leotie or just Leo" she said still speaking softly and quietly.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:00 pm

"I am Marcus Petllus, once a Centurian of the 9th Legion. A nobles wife's interest in me was my downfall. I refused her advances and she went to her husband saying I had made inappropriate advances to her. I doubt that he believed her, but he could not have himself or his wife embarased so he had me arrested and sent here to be bought and fight in the arena." He looked at the young woman and noticed the movement on her back. He moved over to her and pulled the neck opening of the tunic back and looked. "Wings? What manner of creature are you?" he asked.

He had heard many stories of winged humans and creatures that were strange, especially in the outer proviances of the Empire. Part man part beast, and others part bird, part lion and the like. He had never beleived them though. If they exsisted they would surely be in the games to delight the people of Rome.

He shook his head, "Best keep them hidden the best you can." he told her. "Now you had best get some rest. While I got your food I sent word to Claudius that I had one for him to buy, and probably would be cheap to aquire. He will be here tomorow to pick out new recruits from the group out there. No one will bother you here."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Leotie's wings shifted on her back when he pulled at her neck opening of her tunic "They're useless for at least half a year now, and they know I have them for they clipped my flight feathers already, most likely another reason why I'm down here and that's really bad luck, everyone always becomes blind of truth in such things" she sighed "that's why I live away from people and nice to meet you Marcus" she said to him "Also I'm human, I just have wings is all" she muttered and nodded at what was said before settling down her wings moving over her under the blanket and tried to get some sleep before the morning.

When morning did come she awakened when a load of noise was heard and got up folding her wings tightly into her back and got up joining the others as they were gathered together for merchants to buy. She became very silent and kept her wings in tightly but reactions were something she wouldn't be able to help. Silently she watched as one by one they were all tested and presented before merchants by showing their fighting skill. Leotie grabbed a spear she was given and focused more on trying not to get hit by the person who held the sword but unfortunately it didn't work a lot of the time and used the end of the spear jabbing the man in the gut harshly and then flipped i so the point was up, it was a wooden spear though so only bruises or splitters. Struggling to keep in her wings though then sent back to the bench she simple stayed quiet.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Marcus was already up and in the large chamber where the buyers were. He saw Claudius and when Leo came in he nodded his head in her direction. Claudius watched the testing and gave Marcus a look that said "Really?" Marcus smiled and nodded his head. Claudius rolled his eyes and paid a couple gold pieces for her. He came over to Marcus. "He had best be worth that two gold."

"Don't worry, I will teach him everything he has to know. Just don't put him into the arena for a bit. Give me time to work with him, and he will make some money for you. Just think of the odds you will get." That made Claudius smile.

"Alright Marcus, you have made me money and I will trust your judgement on this one."

Marcus went and took Leo by the elbow. "You now belong to Claudius and I am going to train you how to fight, using the spear and the sword. If you are to survive here, you need to listen, practice hard, and learn. Or you will be dead." He then took Leo out of the arena's pits and to the compound that held Claudius' gladiators. Many looked at him and Leo raising many eye brows.

"What is this Marcus?" some of them cried out and laughed. But when Marcus turned to them with narrowed eyes, they fell silent and many turned to busy themselves with other things. He took Leo over to the mess line and took two bowls of meat stew and some bread. Then he sat down and handed one to Leo with some bread. "Here you will get good food. Claudius likes to have his gladiators fit and strong. After we eat, I will begin to teach you the proper use of the spear and how to use it against a swordsman."

All about them were men of various countries and races. Nubians, Franks, men from the deserts across the meditranian, some from Gaul and others from lands few had heard of. Many had scars from battles before becoming gladiators, and then some from battles in the arena. A large nubian sat down next to Marcus and looked at Leo. "A bit young for the Arena don't you think Marcus."

"What is old for the Arena Ra Num?" Marcus asked. "It matters not to those that send them. It is up to us now to train him, to keep him alive as long as possible. Ra Num laughed and nodded as he ate his food.

"I am Ra Num." he told Leo.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Leo simply nodded and listened to what was said, it was her high pitched voice that gave her away last time but she wasn't going to risk it so remained quiet if possible while she was pulled by the elbow and simply nodded at what was said. Fighting, was the complete opposite of her occupation as a herbalist but did she really have a choice now?

When in the compound noticing several different races sadly none were like her so simply kept her wings hidden beneath her tunic. Beginning to eat after they had seated themselves her gaze lifted to Ra Num who came to sit with them, deepening her voice she spoke "Leo" she said back not giving her full name, another thing she figured she shouldn't do.
So many things not to do she thought to herself her wings shifting slightly and was soon finished with her meal. Waiting for Marcus she moved to where the practice spears were and found one that was the right size for her to use which was a hassle, she knew the basics but that was all. Unlike some she had a bit of knowledge surprisingly more so considering she was a woman as well. Leo watched some others practicing with spears from the corner of her eye watching the stances and the way they held the spear its self. "I see" she muttered and tried to copy the stances as if teaching herself. Maybe I should bind my wings and chest to be sure

(I g2g, sorry it's not very good, I'll reply back in the morning)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:33 am

Marcus watched as Leo got up and grabbed a spear. She began watching others with one and he could see she was studying them. There was alot of differant ways one could use the spear as well as the sword. Having people from differant parts of the world gave many ways one handled spears. Ra Num had his own style, that was native to where he came from He had to make his own wicker shield as there had been none when he arrived.

He stood and moved to Leo. "Ra Num has agreed to teach you his method of using the spear. The more styles you know the better survival rate you will have. Ra Num approached and took his spear and shield and guided Leo out into the open. First he demonstrated several stances and moves then had Leo practice those with him. As he moved he had her move to mimic him. Then he picked out a man with a sword to show her how to fight against a man with a sword with his style. He almost looked as if he was dancing about as he moved. He jabbed here and there with his sword but never really trying to penitrate the swordsman's defence, but making the man move and try to strike his spear.

"You are small boy." he called over to Leo. "So you must wear your opponent down some. Make him angry so he makes a mistake. You will know when that is." he laughed, as he moved quickly and had the blade of his spear at the mans throat. "Now you practice the moves I have shown you."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 am

Leo watched and tried to copy the different stances copying them and watched Ra Num as he fought with the man with the sword mental noting down several movements in her head watching and listening turned her attention to him when she was called over and nodded at what was said but still watched the spear movements and figured out quickly how they were formed. picking up her own practice spear she worked on stances, for a weak stance wouldn't serve her well. She then practiced the several movements she had noted with a newbie who was also being taught but with the sword working out how she could wear them down a little.

Because of how small she was it gave them less to aim for, moving she used what she'd learnt from Ra Num having picked it up quickly and made the other one make a mistake eventually by aiming incorrectly and leaving and opening. soon she had the point at the throat and smiled so that's how, need to create an opening and use that after annoying them... Seems like that will definitely come in handy.
She thought briefly wondering if using what limited flight she could do would be a good idea but then remembered the thing about hiding her wings, if they found out about her wings being real then they might not let her ever leave.

Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:44 am

Marcus watched and grinned. She was a quick learner and when she began to practice with one of the other new recruits, he saw how she moved and used Ra Num's moves on the young man. He was bigger then she was and she was quick on her feet. That helped keep him off balance until she found the opening. He moved out to the practice area and smiled. "Don't get to cocky, that will only lead to you misjudging your opponent." he grinned and patted her shoulder. "But you are learning. Tommorow I will have one of the other spearmen show you his moves. But for now come and rest over in the shade. We must do something about those wings and........" he leaned in to her ear and whispered, "Your tits. I could see them bouncing about out there. Lucky for you your opponent was busy watching your spear and not you. I think I have just the thing for both."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 am

She stopped and looked up to him when she felt the hand on her shoulder and whispered to him "I know not to get too cocky, for isn't that many mens downfall?" she said before listening to what else he said and blushed slightly "I know that already" she muttered, "I need to get binds for both just to be sure" She moved over into the shade with him and keeping her wings tightly folded she ruffled her hair a little and rested in the shade. "So what do you have in mind regarding keeping them hidden?" she said quietly, personally thinking maybe some bandages could be used to help keep them bound for the moment but then again that wouldn't help if her side's were cut, they'd be cut loose.

Waiting for his answer she kept her back to the wall so if she did ruffle her wings no one would notice. "maybe it is a good thing I'm sharing a mess with you" she whispered
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 am

He grinned at her comment. "Well if they knew what you were, you would surly sharing some noble's or rich mans bed. Now that could be good or bad depending on the person." He had some ideas on how to bind her wings and tits so as not for many to notice her. Bathing and the like however would take some doing to keep her secret. They might have to entrust their secret to a couple of the others that Marcus knew. They could help keep her secret and others away from her.

"Well first some soft cloth about your tits, and then some leather to protect them and the cloth. For your wings, leather straps will do. You can remove them at night and flex your wings." he whispered. Then he thought of another problem. Her cycle. That would not be a good thing. Somehow they would have to keep her out of things for that short space of time. This he mentioned to her to see if she had any ideas.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 am

She frowned at him "I would rather be down here then sharing a noble or rich man's bed" she said to him She thought a little about other things and shuffled a little uncomfortably when he mentioned her cycle. "Well it could be an illness or injury maybe, extra practice also there anywhere you can burn or wash stuff?" she questioned him quietly still a little cautious with other people around them also this was one of those topics she never expected to talk about. "and how many gladiators does Marcellus own can I ask?" if her had many then she might be able to easily get out of fights by saying she was ill or maybe not even bothering if she wasn't put up for any fights during that time.

"Also we might as well get them bound before anymore practice, I can do it myself but the problem is my wings really, I'll figure something out regardless, but better sort it out sooner rather than later"
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am

"Claudius has about fifty gladiators. He came here with about twenty not to long ago. He has done well. Right now he is probably arranging more matches, trying to get the best odds he can." he told her. There was the baths for Claudius' gladiators. He guessed he could get her in there after all the others had left. For burning things there was always things needing burned especially bloody bandages. That might work well for it.

"Well come then." he told her and guided her to the berths for the gladiators. Since he was one of Claudius' favorites, he had a room to his self. He took Leo in and told her, "Remove your tunic." as he got out the wrapings and leather belts. This was going to be a bit awkward for Leo he knew. Being a woman and basicly getting undressed infront of him.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 pm

"Then there's a good chance for those few days I won't be picked out" she said to him and followed him to where the berths were and shifted even more uneasily than before "I can do it myself" she said but still turned her back first off all and carefully moved off only the top of her tunic. Her tawny brown wings showing far more clearly now on her back. Apart from that she was human "Can you pass me the wrappings so I can do the front, might need some help with the back though" she said to him, this was rather embarrassing if anything and tried to keep herself from being flustered.

"Also for bathing I can just go when others are all in bed, I'm Pretty sure no one is up around then anyway and there aren't any guards around that time either, I noticed it was very quiet last night"
Getting the wraps off of him she pulled them around her front and looked back to him for some help, with it being particularity awkward due to her wings.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:30 pm

He chuckled at her and then handed her the wrapings once she had applied them to the front of her, he pulled them tight behind her. Even though she tried to hide them he had a good look at her ample tits. "You should not be embarased." he chuckled as he tied the cloth waraps at her back. He looked her over and liked what he saw. "You have a very nice looking body." He then took a piece of thin leather and placed it over the cloth wrapings and tied it back with leather strips through holdes in the two ends of the leather piece.

"That should take care of that." he said with a grin. "Now the wings." Two belts he used. One acrossed her chest and the upper part of her wings and the second about her waist and the lower part of her wings. Pulled tightly they would keep her wings in and she would not have to use her muscles to keep them close to her body. "that should do it. How does it feel?" He took her tunic and pulled it over her head and arms, to see how it looked that way.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:45 pm

She turned bright red and her wings almost moved as if to cover her up as well. She nodded at what he said before speaking again "I honestly don't know whether to thank you for the compliment or slap you for looking" Leo looked up to him as she spoke and then folded her wings in properly before they were strapped securely to her back. "It's more comfortable than I originally thought." she said to him and pulled on the top of her tunic "also of course I'd be embarrassed I was basically stripping in front of someone I only met yesterday" she soon just went back to her quiet ways and relaxed a little once she was covered up again.

"well might as well practice some more I'm heading back outside" she said heading back outside and just concentrated on stances and moving the spear again with the slight restraint due to the leather straps on her wings. Working on what she was weakest at for the moment. She only hoped she'd have a good amount of time to practice before her first match. If she could learn a bit about how a sword was used as well she figured out that would also help her since she'd then know how it's moved and also what the person would be thinking.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Marcus laughed. "I would say thank me. I have seen the bodies of many women so when I say you have a very nice one, that is a compliment. If you were not here but free somewhere, never be afraid to show i t off." he grinned. Following her out, he watched her practice. She was not bad and a quick learner.

Claudius was there watching his gladiators. He had that look of having made some fine matches that he hoped he would make lots of gold on. He came over to Marcus grinning. "Ahhhh I have a good match for you tommorow."

Marcus only nodded. "You know one day there will be one better than me." he told Claudius.

"But not yet." Claudius grinned. "Not yet. Now tell me about this new lad. Is he any good." he turned and looked at Leo practicing.

"He learns quick and is quick on his feet. When he is ready, he will make you some gold, that I can assure you of." Marcus told him.

"Excellent! I will leave him in your capable hands. I know that you have an eye for fighting men." With that Claudius left and Marcus went out into the training area. He picked a capable opponet and with a wooden sword began sparing with him. The man was good but not as good as Marcus. Soon he had him backing around the training area.

Once the light of day had faded and again food was served up he brought Leo over to a small table with RA Num and himself. "You are doing well." he told Leo. "Tommorow I will have a couple of matches." RA Num said he to had a match the next day. "Then we all need a good nights rest. Tommorow you will get your first glimpse of the arena. The pits were nothing compared to the rest of it." he told Leo, Now after you have eaten you will take the other bunk in my room."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:40 pm

I really should've slapped him she thought to herself picking herself another one of the newbies who practiced with a sword trying different techniques this time as if to figure out how they'd work. Leo headed inside when the daylight began to dwindle. Listening to what was said she nodded smiling a little. She had always wondered what the arena looked like so she was definitely going to be watching the next day. Although the dread that soon enough she'd end up fighting in there herself wasn't a pleasant thought.

Finishing her meal quickly as usual she headed back waiting a little before she struggled to unbuckle her wings and stretch them out Much better" she said quietly as the bones in her wings cracked a little into place, she decided to wait until just before everyone headed to sleep so as not to be discovered, her wings were one thing but her gender was more of a problem really. "Marcus you sue a sword don't you?" she asked him when he came in. "Also where can I wash off anyway, might be a good idea if I learn my way around as well, since I have to keep my wings clean anyway." she was preening her feathers already but the clipped ones did stand out. She neatly tucked away the leather straps she would use to bind them as well, she did wait until he was asleep however, before she moved the binds off from around her breasts before heading to bed.

The next day...
Waking up promptly that morning she hope to have awoken before Marcus and began to get ready by binding herself and sorting out her wings as well after pulling off her top and was as quick as she could be about such a thing as well. Leo found her way to where the others were eating but was still a little cautious with the tips of her wings rubbing together under her tunic. She could also hear merchants and nobles discussing matches in the distant. After breakfast she watched as some of them prepared for their matches but couldn't understand how they could be so calm when they might not come back alive.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:39 pm

He laughed seeing her face and could imagine what she was thinking when he made his comment to her. Later after some more training and their meal. He showed her the baths. Normally after a day of training the men would bath and then relax gaming or talking. The baths were empty at a certain time. "I will have to guard you when you go so no one will stray here or some slave cleaning up see you." he told her.

"Yes I use the sword in my matches. It was my main weapon during my time with the 9th legion. I will teach you its use and you can work out how to counter it with your spear."

The next day he watched her with half closed eyes as she prepared for the day. Any man would be thrilled to feel his hands on her body. He closed his eyes finally thinking to himself that she was not for him. When he heard her finishing getting dressed he opened his eyes again and rose from his bunk. "Come, and stay close. You will be able to watch from the ready room we have been assigned to. There are openings that look out at the arena. When everyone going to the arena was ready, the gates to the compound were opened and they walked out. Flanking them as they walked were roman soldiers. Down the street to the Colosseum they walked. The structure was one of the most impressive things in Rome. Huge, magnificent and busy. Many people thronged to the place. All ready to see blood and gore, and death.

Into one entrance they were taken and then decended down under the arena seating to the ready room. Here those fighting equiped themselves with spears, swords shields, and armor. Marcus put on leather armor that was fitted for him. He then put on a helmet that covered his head leaving slits for his eyes. Then he picked up his sword and moved it about. He pointed to the slits where she could watch. Already there had been many matches. The crowd was loud and at times hard to please.

He was called forward and went up a ramp to the gate that lead into the arena. Leo could hear some one announcing the next match "Marcus Arturius verses the terror of the north, Brutus the Gual!" The crowd went wild cheering and as Marcus came up onto the arena sand, a chant went up. "Marcus, Marcus, Marcus." He had some fame in the arena and had won the approval of the crowd. He was not quick to kill, but made a good show of it for the people of Rome.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Leotie watched after being shown the where she could watch, she could heard the roaring crowd outside and was surprised even from what she could see at how big such a structure could be. Hearing the announcer shouting out the next match she smiled a little. Moving so she could see a little better as the match would begin soon enough. She noticed that they both appeared to have sword but previous matches there had been spears and even tridents, by watching she learned how to counter some attacks theoretically, but not practically yet.

The ends of her wings rubbed together a little as she watched, she also listened out for any matches with Ra Num in as well to watch how he used the spear in a match. She quickly picked up that it wasn't to kill but to entertain, don't kill quickly make the audience enjoy. Watching closely she noticed the crowd shouting Marcus's name when he came out "He seems popular" she muttered quietly
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next