Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Tue May 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Leo shifted her wings uncomfortably a little unsure about whether what she had done was good or bad. She could hear what was being shouted and then turned to Marcus when she was signalled to join him and was quick to as well folding her wings in and wrapping her arms around him so she didn't fall off. "That worked out better than planned" she muttered ruffling her wings on her back and thinking. But news of this also got to the emperor and he wasn't keen on letting any of them escape, a pigeon was sent back, or rather two just encase one was killed which did happen, the falcon, Shira happily eating his meal on a rooftop before returning to Leo and sitting on he shoulder before moving to Marcus's.

The women and children were in the middle with the wagons, the injured and sick with them, driven by those who could of course. Leo looked back as if checking everyone was there. "Hey Marcus, what now, apart from loading up some ships which we still need to secure we need to plan our route by sea carefully" she said, although that was never a problem for her brother who had simply just flown about landed on sips for rest and then taken off again. One woman in the crowd caught Leo's eye and she smiled, the old women smiled back. She was family, her mother to be precise but both preferred to wait until there was no more crowds to watch.

There was a unit nearby the town already by that evening they were in the city and after a break were told to sniff out the slaves and gladiators. Leo was hiding her wings again by that point pulling a cloak on to hide her wings before meeting up with her mother.
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Thu May 16, 2013 1:41 pm

The soldiers of the city did not know exactly how to take it. The people they were to defend had insisted that the gate remain open and allow the rebels to enter the city. By the time all the rebels had entered the city they had all seen Leo flying about and talking to Marcus. Never in their lives had they seen a winged woman before. Surely she had to be a messenger of the gods, but yet the rebels, that they were to keep out were now in the city.

The piigeon that were sent out had been sent off to Rome would take a day or more to fly there and inform the Emperor. The one that had been killed by the hawk only made Marcus sure that there might have been more sent. They had to hurry and secure the merchant ships. He did not know how long the soldiers in the city and those aboard the war ships would stand down, beleiving the gods were with the rebels. He wanted to be on the ships and out of the harbor as soon as possible.

Everyone moved to the docks and Marcus sent men to find the captains of the ships so that he could talk to them. Here was where the gold and jewels that were taken from the one estate would come in handy. Some was used to procure supplies they would need for a long journey. He had plenty of manpower to bring it all to the docks. The rest would go to pay the captains off.

He also sent men to keep watch from the walls to see if any military force came. If spotted, Marcus would have to move fast and get his people on the ships and away.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Thu May 16, 2013 2:44 pm

The captains were more than happy to accept the bribe from Marcus and other men were helping out the women as they organised things they needed to take onto the ship such as food. Leo came back a little later to help out and also went to see how some of the friends she'd made in the group were. They were looking forward to where they were crossing and Leo then went into a place they were all staying for the moment before looking for Marcus finding him she spoke up "Any idea where we are all headed and how long the journey will be?" she asked him softly.

"Also how many ships are there now?" she questioned him waiting for his replies in silence. "also people are having to share rooms and someone put us two in the same room together do you know who?" she asked
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 pm

With the ship's captains paid off, supplies and the women and children began being transported to the merchant ships. Every street leading to the docks were guarded by a number of the gladiators or the roman soldiers that had joined them. Others stood ready to move to what ever street needed reinforcements.

Their numbers had swelled from around two thousand men to almost three and a half thousand. Twelve ships lay in the harbor. They would be crowded and packed with people and supplies but Marcus figured the journey would not be long across the inland sea. Good winds would possibly see them across in a few days. Yes they would still be within the influence of Rome, but they would be far from Rome and usually those in charge of the provances conqured by Rome was more lax.

"We have twelve ships right now. If more arrive I think we can get them to help us as well." he told Leo. "A few days at sea and then we will move inland once we get there. Away from Roman controled lands, into those not explored by Rome. They may be savage lands, filled with danger, but I think we can make it and find a place to tame."

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Tue May 21, 2013 4:20 am

Leo smiled and listened to what he said and nodded "Nice, sounds fun to see a new place" she said ruffling her wings under her cloak and had also noticed how much their numbers had swelled since they first started. "We'll need to move quickly though, with that message that was sent there are most likely troops heading towards this city by now or at least there will be soon" she said "Also they have their own ships so might even send those out to try cutting us off, I still don't understand why they just won't give up yet" she frowned thinking to herself.

When they had all the supplies aboard the ships people began to board them, it wouldn't be long until they set sail and it was a bit of a squeeze on some. Luckily for Leo she could fly from ship to ship if she wanted and check up on people. But being on the sea wasn't the most exciting thing for her, she didn't like the idea of if she fell in the water, for several reasons.
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Thu May 23, 2013 11:33 am

Marcus was still worried but as the ships began to be loaded with people and finally the soldiers he became more anxious to be gone. He really wanted to be gone when he was informed that there was a Legion coming from the south and would reach the city soon. It would take a few more hours to get everyone out to the anchored ships. He looked over at the warships that still had made no move against them. With the Legion there to reinforce them, the captains of those vessels might decide to do something.

It was well into the night and Marcus figured that by dawn they would be setting sail. A crazy idea came to him and he had to laugh at himself. But it could work if everything went well. He sent for Anthony and explained his idea to him. "Can't hurt to try." Anthony told Marcus as he left to gather what was going to be required. Alot had to do with Leo, but not in the way that she had first caught the attention of the soldiers and people of the city. This was going to be even more brazen. He then went to find Leo to explain what she needed to do.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 pm

The legion were not very far off by night fall and were almost outside the gates asking for entry. although some of the traps leo had previous set were triggered it caused a rather long delay luckily with them being caught in them and trying to escape the traps.

Leo was helping out with some last minute preparations and looked to Marcus, he seemed to be looking for someone so went over to ask him "Looking for someone?" she asked him. she still wore the cloak to hide her wings as she worked and to stop dragging so much attention towards her when she went to help outside of the ship. She raised an eyebrow at the idea "A little bold is it not?" she said but smiled "Can't hurt to try it though, but I want a good luck kiss first" she said to him cheekily.

(What is the plan?)
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Fri May 24, 2013 11:23 am

The plan was quite simple. Anthony would put on the lavish looking tunics and sandles that they had taken from the estate, attach a couple of the smaller feathers from Leo's wings to the sandles to make himself look like Hermes, the messenger of the gods himself. A harnes was fashioned out of some leather straps and put on him, under the tunic and then a thin but strong rope was attached to it. All Leo had to do was lift Anthony's weight up into the air in the morning mist, hide herself in the mist and dangle Anthony over the sea to make it look as if he was flying.

If the warships were going to pursue it would probably be then. At least he hoped they would. He had the speech Anthony would deliver before being pulled up and disappearing into the mist. Hopefully it would frighten the crews enough to obey. With the Legion outside the city walls , he was sure the commander order the warships into action. It was a crazy idea but it could be done and if they were frightened enough by the thought of Leo being Hermes' messenger then this would scare them to death.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Fri May 24, 2013 11:37 am

Leo nodded "Also I might not be able to hold him up for long, strength isn't what I'm best at but I'll do what I can" she said to him, hopefully she'd be able to use the sea winds to keep herself flying as well as Anthony. She ruffled her wings a little and quickly stole a kiss from Marcus when she didn't get one from him before going back to helping out the others with putting stuff away.

That morning as predicted the war ships were heading after them. Leo readied herself and stretched out her wings to get ready for the flight. She was a little nervous since she'd never pulled off this kind of thing. Once Anthony was ready she attached the second harness to herself "You ready then Anthony?" she asked before she took off swiftly hiding herself in the morning mist, she was just able to keep herself and Anthony up, hoping the speech was short and brief. Balancing on the morning sea winds helped her as well to keep him flying above the sea, they'd also tried to disguise him as much as possible so nothing would be suspects, Leo had also picked out a few of her smaller, paler feathers that looked almost white to attach to the sandals and made them in the shape of small wings.

She waited for him to start his speech, her hands holding the ropes as well to be sure everything would be safe and that she didn't suddenly drop him into the sea. Leo felt one of the ropes snap and was quick to grab it to keep Anthony, "Hurry up Anthony" she said to him biting her lips as her hand started to bleed after a while.
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Sat May 25, 2013 7:55 am

When the time came, Anthony was nervous. Being up in the air with only a single, thin rope to hold him above the water. He didn't know how strong Leo was and if she could lift his weight. He was all dressed up in fine and royal like garments and even had a cloak of the finest material. A helmet that covered his features was shined up and made to radiate any light.

Marcus had hopped that they would be away and not have to worry about the warships. But evidently the commander of the Legion that had arrived was quite influencial and commanding. They were making a good speed in the merchant ships, but they had slaves to man the oars and Marcus knew they could attain a faster speed and would catch up to them.

As the ships were spotted heading their way, Marcus gave the order and Anthony was up and away far above the waters of the sea. At first it scared him but then it thrilled him. He was flying above the ocean. It was a feeling few ever had and it was a thrilling experience. He felt the robe go slack once and he dropped a bit but then stopped. He looked up but couldn't see her.

Slowly the ships arrived and he tugged on the rope to have her lower him more. It seemed as if he either just appeared out of no where or had decended from the heavens. As the lookout spotted him he gave a frigthened call down to the deck. Soon the deck of the lead warships was crowded with soldiers, and the crew. The Captain of the ship and the Commander of the Legion was there as well.

"YOU DARE TO OPPOSE THE WILL OF THE GODS!" Anthony called out. "RETURN TO THE PORT OR POSIDEN WILL CAUSE THE SEA TO RISE UP AND SMASH YOUR PUNY SHIPS TO SPLINTERS AND DROWN YOU ALL. GO! THOSE YOU WISH TO TAKE ARE PROTECTED BY THE GODS. DID NOT MY MESSENGER NOT SHOW YOU THAT THE GODS ARE WITH THEM?" He made his voice as commanding as he could.

He could see the men talking below. It appeared that the ship's captain and the commander of the legion were arguing. The majority of the soldiers and saliors alike went to their knees on the deck. Soon the main warship began to turn and head back, the other two did the same. "Can we go back now." he said in a normal voice, so as not to be heard on the deck of the ship.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Sat May 25, 2013 8:23 am

Leo watched as the men on the ships bowed she could see a little through the mist and had a feeling there was a lot of arguing between the caption and legion. Well, such a thing always would cause problems if they thought the gods were involved. She looked to him and nodded glad to finally land on the ship and looked to her bleeding hand. She sighed not happy about it but just let it be for the moment "Seems they believed it for now" she said "also that rope was rather weak it snapped from the weight, clearly not made to cary a man through the sky" her wings folded themselves on her back she was more than glad to just real for a moment after having to hold another person up in the air.

Leo was later found below deck in a spot she'd claimed as her sleeping spot after everyone else on the ship had sorted there's out. grooming her wings she was adjusting the location of a few feathers after having to pluck some of the smaller ones. "Leo, can you come above deck for a moment to check something?" asked one of them "What is it?"
"We think there could be a storm ahead so the captain asked for you to check it out"
Leo sighed "It should be easy enough for you to identify it" but still she got up, she'd hoped to avoid flying for the rest of the day and looked out towards the sky "Hmm, maybe we should change course, that looks pretty nasty with all those black clouds" She said and ruffled her wings having not really flown at all to notice the storm.
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Wed May 29, 2013 10:08 am

As the ships turned back and Leo and Anthony returned to the ship, Marcus had watched the other ships. When they turned back he sighed in relief and turned his attention to the course that they were going to be setting. But the sight of the dark clouds forming in the direction that they were going did not look good. Had their little act actually angered the gods. Had they incurred their wrath? He hoped not.

When Leo suggested changing course he shook his head. "It would put us a lot further away from our destination and in waters that is controlled by pirates." The only thing they could do was hope and pray that the storm was not a real bad one. They would have to weather it out. "Have everything tied down and as many below as possible." he had the captain of the ship signal the others on what to do.

"Not the first storm this old ship has been in. She is a right fine one and so are the others. We'll make it through." The Captain said with a broad smile.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 am

"Not the first storm this old ship has been in. She is a right fine one and so are the others. We'll make it through." The Captain said with a broad smile.

Leo shifted a little, she hated storms quite a bit but nodded and just moved to try and get as many people below deck as possible. She then quickly flew to the other ships to inform them that they were going through the storm since she gathered a few of them would think otherwise. Landing back on the ship and headed below the deck herself checking everyone was there but her wings moved on her back uneasily just like they would before they'd escaped that place and tried to find a quiet place she could go and curl up.

Once in the storm chaos ensued with the lighting and thunder raging in the skies above and the fierce waves crashing at the sides of the ships. Many stayed below decks with only a few above to help with the sails and such as they were still being put away. Hearing shouting above she moved up to the deck wondering what was going on and saw some men fall over board from the force of the crashing waves. "They're not happy" she said referring to the gods, maybe they really had pushed their luck with impersonating one of them. "Marcus some of them are falling off the ship?" she said to him.
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 am

"The fools. They are sailing into the storm?" The Legion Commander asked.

"Yes sir." said the captain of one of the smaller warships that had decided to ignore the warning and continue on after the escaping rebels. But in his mind he was now begining to wonder if he had done the right thing. The storm had come up suddenly and with out warning. The darkened sky was filled with lightning and the thunder was deafening. But the savageness of the sea was what bothered him. Surely the gods were angry. It took all his skill and knowledge of the sea to keep the ship from being smashed to splinters by the waves.

"Sir, I think we need to turn back. Surely you do not wish to anger the gods any more then they are. Look about you? Mercury warned us what would happen if we tried to follow them. The gods are with them." the captain told the Legion Commander.

The Senator and commander of the legion looked at the captain angerly, but could not fault the man for his worries. If he had not saw it with his own eyes, he would have thought any that had crazy or had found comfort to deeply in their cup. Then he saw them, bobbing in the water. He pointed them out to the captain. The Captain immediately issued orders and five men, two gladiators, one of the Roman soldiers, and two ex slaves were fished out of the raging seas.

"Very well Captain, turn about and return to port. These prisoners should know where the rebels are going and we will make them talk."

Aboard the merchant ship, there was nothing Marcus could do to rescue those that had been swept overboard. He did not like it but he had close to three thousand men, women and children to think of, and he was not about to risk Leo's life to try and save them.

The storm raged on for a couple more hours and then they were though it. The storm continued on north, behind them but the weather before them was better. It was as if the warning they had given the warships had actually come true. Had the warships turned around and followed them, and the gods were with them? He kept a look out aft of them as they continued on their journey.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Fri May 31, 2013 11:34 am

The two prisoners looked to each other sadly, they hadn't gone under the deck and now were going to most likely end up as slaves again having lost their chance to freedom. Leo had spent the time sheltered underneath covering her ears and wrapped up in her wings, she really hated thunderstorms. She wished she could do something to try and get those people back but only hoped that they would find another way to get free of their oncoming torment.

Leo came above deck afterwards and settled herself on the side of the boat once the waves were calmer and thought to herself as she looked to the sky. One women moved behind her "Leo you ok?"
"Yeah, just shaken from the bad storm, I really don't like them"
"I don't blame you a gods anger must be something rather scary for you messengers" she said and distracted Leo by getting her to help with sorting out some of the children on board and keeping them occupied during the trip.
Afterwards though Leo found Marcus "There really nothing we can do for the men we lost?" she asked him a little saddened from the whole thing.
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:09 am

"There is nothing we can do for them In a storm like that, their chances of survival are almost none." he put his arms about her and held her close to him. "But the women and children are safe and in a few days we will be setting foot on lands most of us have never seen." Ra Num's lands were somewhere beyond where they would make their landing. He had said there was good grazing lands and ample rainfall for crops. That the hunting was good and one could live quite well there.

Marcus just wanted a nice area of land where they could build a village, and then improve upon it and perhaps one day make it into a small city of stone and a cultural center. But that was a long way down the road, probably long after all of them was dead and dust. "There is a lot of hard work and probably many dangers that lie ahead." he lifted her head up and kissed her lips gently. "How are the freed slaves doing?"

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:28 am

Leo frowned still but folded in her wings a little more as he held her close listening to what he said to her and nodded. She thought about the kinds of lands they would be arriving at, clearly a place that very few at most had seen before. That thought did lighten her mood a bit. "Yeah, most likely far more hard work than we think" she smiled as he kissed her gently and looked to him "They're all fine, the children were a little surprised by such a bad storm but they'll live and most are asleep by now as well"

"What about the men on deck, they ok?" she asked him having moved her hands to his shoulders after that gentle kiss. "good thing we aren't going too far though, my brother sent a few letters mentioning of lands that have endless supplies of food and water, the fields would go on forever he used to write, wonder if we'll end up somewhere like that" she said looking up to him once more smiling. But still she wished they could've done something about those that they'd lost.

Back at the Empire, they were being questioned about what they knew about the plans and also as to why they'd escaped. Demanding answers the two men knew they would die either way as they were put in cells debating about whether to tell or not. It's not like they'd ever find them right?
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:21 pm

"As on any voyage like this, there are those that will be sea sick." he told her. A couple of days at sea and they will be alright. Other then that they are alright." he told her. They had only lost a few overboard, and he prayed to the gods to be merciiful with them. Many were unlashing themselves from various parts of the ship as the weather cleared. Some unsteady made it to the railing and threw up, others began clearing away damaged parts of the ship.

The Legion Commander was not happy when they got back to the port city and the four they fished out of the sea would not talk. He could have them tortured but what they said could be anything. Not to easy to verify. He sent messenger pidgeons off to Rome for instructions. In the mean time he had the three warships reoutfitted with his troops and provisions for a very long voyage. He would track the rebels, he would find where they had landed, one way or another. He would bring Marcus and the two traitors back to Rome for execution.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:23 am

She nodded "I noticed I'm trying to find something that'll settle the stomach and get rid of the seasickness to keep busy during those times I can't do anything" she said "So far no luck" she sighed and then kissed him quickly "Anyway I better go help the others, I'll see you later Marcus" she waited for him to move his arms as she moved hers from his shoulders.

Once he'd let go she began helping to move bits of debris from the storm and checked again on the others below deck. Luckily there had been no injuries and she manoeuvred through the beds that had been made down there to check on those at the back once more before she came back up to help some of the women with making the food which was passed around the ship. They'd cast out nets before and those which were still relatively in one piece had brought in a load of fish so they wouldn't be going hungry anytime soon at least.

Settling herself down in her favourite spot on the ship near the top of the deck she ate her meal there oping the long trip would be over soon, she didn't much like the sea or at least not riding on it in a boat. The next morning brought on a bright day and Leo as usual had settled herself beside Marcus during the night. It was soon that they would turn around and head back towards land.
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 am

They were at sea for several days before they spotted land.  Marcus did not want to be put ashore at a port.  They would be in the Empire's reach there.  So he had the Captains of the ships move along the coast till they found a decent cove that they could unload the ships of their passengers and supplies as well as horses and gear.  

It took time but eventually everything was unloaded and the ships began their long trip back to another port.  Nearly three thousand men, women and children now stood on a strange shore and looked to Marcus and to Leo for what was to come next.  They had no wagons now so Marcus had some of the men to make litters that would be dragged behind some of the horses.  On these were piled the supplies, extra armor and weapons.  

This took time as well.  It was morning before ever thing was ready to go and those hunting had returned with fresh meat.  Marcus took the lead at the head of the three thousand.  One cohort up front the other at the rear.  "Well here is where things can get a bit exciting or boring."  he chuckled.  Marches were never really fun.  But they were in a strange land and surrounded by creatures and probably people that were strange to them as they were to those people and creatures.

"It always starts with the first step."  he grinned at Leo, as he started forward and everyone began to follow.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:04 am

Leo nodded at what he said "Yes but the first step is also the largest" she said to him as he moved forward. Moving back a little she checked up on a few things but landed every now and then to walk beside them. Out in the open after several hours she looked up and her head moved to one side briefly before she noted the big bird in the sky with pitch black wings. Her falcon flew ahead of her as she stopped briefly. It then vanished into the nearby forest. "You don't think that was? Couldn't have been" she said before she caught up with them all. Landing to the side she walked beside Marcus and spoke. "Did you see that black bird in the sky?" she asked "Is it me or was it just too big to be any bird?" she looked towards the forest for a moment.

Meanwhile, her brother Raven was in the forest having just landed and thought to himself, he'd noted the strange group and had grown curious. He wondered what they were all doing here and they looked as though they'd come from Rome so feared the worst and began to follow noticing they had a flying person as well, not having noticed it was his sister just yet. Nightfall was he's best bet to make a move and discover what was going on, but that was a long time away.

Leo soon focused on making sure they didn't loose anything or anyone having noticed some of the children having wondered off every now and then she'd go get them and bring them back to their mothers. In fact she spent a majority of the day doing that which tired her out by evening. By that time her brother was moving closer as it got darker. Dinner was being made and Leo just found herself in the usual comfortable place in the tent she was sharing with Marcus. Sitting up when she heard someone they spoke to her and she frowned, seems they were short on bedding for the children, some must've gotten lost on their journey maybe in the storm somehow. Handing her own over she decided she might go sleep in the trees that night anyway, something was bugging her.

Walking from her tent when dinner was ready her wings twitched on her back before something caught her eye "Did you see that?" she turned to the person next to her who shook their head at which point she stood up, walked a little ways off before picking up one of the shorter spears. moving up into the trees she looked below on the ground but suddenly look to the sky feeling as though something had just flown over her. She remained there for sometime but nothing.
Sighing, she clambered down from the tree and looked for a place she could settle for the night after she finished her now cold dinner. Leo headed into the tent and spoke to Marcus "Hey I'm sleeping outside tonight, something's bothering me also we lost some of the bedding at some point, seems we're a little short so I gave mine to them, anyway if you need me I'll be outside" 
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:37 am

The first day of travel in the new land was not bad.  Hunters brought back animals they had never seen before.  Outriders had spotted villages but they were more then likely Roman Settlements.  When they camped for the night they were a good distance from them.  

A strange new land.  He should have been excited about exploring but he was not.  All he knew he had left behind as did the Romans in the two Cohorts.  They were all single men, no wives, no children, but they had families back in Italy.  Brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers that were probably ashamed of them now.  He sat in his tent thinking of some of the people he knew back home.  Even though he had been condemed to the arena, those he knew still came to see him and talk to him.  He would miss them.  But that was now all in the past and a new life awaited him.

When Leo told him she was sleeping in the trees, he raised a brow and said.  "You can always share my bed."  and smiled.  Having her close to him and feeling her body against him and on his hands would be good.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

She had stopped in the entrance of the tent and looked to him "You sure you won't mind? my wings can be rather ticklish" she said to him, but after getting his reply she had to fold her wing in as she settled herself in the bedding, she shifted hiding her embarrassment as she was lying with her back to him. Once both were settled she let her wings shift a little.

Meanwhile outside as a hush began to fall over the cam with most asleep, Raven moved and looked to the tent he'd seen who appeared to be their leader and a wings person go into. Moving silently he was careful not to disturb, it was evident that the men at least were fighters and being greatly outnumbered he wasn't going to risk being caught. Cautiously he moved through the camp in order to try and get closer to their tent. Once there he slowly opened the entrance of the tent a little and looked inside. "Seems familiar" he muttered still no recognising Leotie.
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:54 am

Marcus smiled and said, "I think I can get use to them." As she laid down he drew her to him and he put an arm over her letting his hand rest on her stomach. He kissed her neck gently as she settled in. "Yes definately can get use to this." he whispered.

Outside a couple of the guards roaming the encampment spotted a shadow moving towards Marcus' tent. They followed and as they went, quietly picked up a couple more men. They approached the individual that was now opening the tent flap of Marcus' tent. They formed a half circle and approached.

"Halt." one of the men called out. "Who goes there!"

Marcus' eyes snapped opened at the shout. He was on his feet his sword drawn and he moved to the entrance of the tent pointing the tip of the sword at the intruder.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Age : 65
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 am

Leo shifted slightly and was asleep by the time that she heard one of the men calling out and felt Marcus shifting rather quickly as well moving she grabbed her own spear rather quickly and noticed the intruder and frowned a little when she realised who it was but waited for a moment. "I was just curious is all, honestly, you see I heard my sister came here and one of the women looks very similar so I just wanted to see if it was her" he said almost bluntly holding his own sword now and turned to see Leo and Marcus finally noticing her "Leotie?" he said and she crossed her arms "Raven stop this habit of your already" she made Marcus lower his sword "This is my brother Raven, seems he moved to these lands years ago" she said "and has the habit of getting overly curious, but really in the middle of the night, when there are loads of people here, you must've lost your touch"
avatar
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum