The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?) - Page 3 Empty Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:51 am

Leo looked to him "It's already hard enough to hide them, their full grow now and today my wings were to be clipped as well" she smiled having cut slits in the back of her tunic to allow her wings to stretch easily out of her tunic and showed them to him, they were like falcon wings built for fast flying and beautiful. "and I can fly again as well since they moulted earlier than I thought and I'll leave that surprise for them tomorrow, we all need rest for the moment" she smiled at him "although I can't wait to see that look on their faces" she laughed "for having wings is one thing but being a women is another"

Stretching out her wings she found herself far more comfortable under the stars high up in the sturdy branches of an old tree sleeping there quite comfortably until the early morning. jumping down she landed where none of the others were and moved the leather straps off behind the tree and stretched out "Ah, much better" she said stretching out completely and glad to be breathing the crisp air of the wilderness.

Leo soon went back checking on those she'd treated the night before checking on how their injuries were before joining the others for a morning meal. There were enough supplies in the wagons they'd stolen to feed them for that day at least, but they'd need to be careful with the amount.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?) - Page 3 Empty Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 am

In the morning when Leo showed up in the encampment with wings there were surprised and confused looks. "By the Gods." was mostly what was exclaimed, as eyes went wide and the gladiators did not know what to make of her. Also the noticed that she was not a young man but a woman. Marcus laughed and moved to her side. "Ah yes my friends, Leo is not the young man you thought her. She has trained with you and fought with you and is one of us. What matter is it that she is a woman and.........." he laughed again, "Has wings."

"Is she a messenger of the gods?" one of the men asked. Then there was more questions on where did she come from, was there more like her, and on and on.

"Looks like you will have to tell them of your life." he chuckled. He to would not mind knowing how a woman like herself grew up without being noticed by anyone . Was her parents like her or were they normal and the gods had given her wings.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:57 am

Truth be told Leo wanted to laugh a little at their reactions even when she was taken aside listening to their comments and answering them "If I am a messenger then I have no message to give" she answered and sat herself down with them listening to their questions "Ok, I'll answer you're questions, for one my name is Leotie, not just Leo. My mother was normal and also when I was little my wings were rather small, I had an older brother and my wings were small for so many years they weren't really noticed and even so when my mother did notice them she kept them hidden to keep me safe I would've been taken from her otherwise.

But my father had wings, a white as doves wings they were but mine ended up like those of a falcon. He used to work with herbs and we lived out here in the mountains and I still do, I'm a herbalist like him as well since the old remedies still work why not use them.
But the reason we stayed out here is when my father got found out he was taken to the colosseum to fight, he didn't last long as you can imagine, also he was human just like all of you and just like me so he had no powers he could only fly.

So I basically came from these lands and I'm completely human, I was just born with wings and all, my brother had a pair as well but he left years ago to live in another country, his were more like those of a raven, beautiful black shimmering with blue" she smiled thinking back a little to see what else she could tell them, but had a feeling she'd answered most of their questions. "Anything else you wish to ask, apart from that my life was pretty normal, I'm a herbalist and apart from that there is not much left to tell."
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Many considered her some form of messenger from the gods. Gods from different parts of the empire. They now thought for sure that their gods were with them in their bid for freedom and took heart more. When she came to check on their wounds, they smiled and gave signs of respect. Marcus knew that none of them now would touch her or offer her any disrespect. They greeted her with respect and when it came to her telling them what to do to keep their wounds cleaned they did it.

A couple more days later, they came to an open area between where the pass was and the edge of the forest. There lay the legion that Marcus knew would come after them. What he did not know that it was his old Legion, the Ninth Legion. They were encamped between them and the pass. This was what Marcus was afraid of. But they had no baracades, or defensives. That was not right. It seemed that the comander of the legion was sure that they had nothing to worry about.

He ordered the camp made and the men ready for battle. Their lines were drawn up. "You had best stay back and be ready to take flight." he told Leo. "I don't want anything happening to you."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Over the last couple of days she got used to being treated a little differently by them, still trying to get across she really wasn't a messenger but just gave up eventually. She turned to Marcus when he spoke and she frowned "I'm not that helpless, Marcus and I've fought with you lot before remember " she said "Worst comes to worse I really can fly off" she said to him bluntly. Her spear rested between her wings on her back with the short sword sheathed resting on her hip, "also because I can fly I can get behind those massive shields a lot easier than you lot" she grinned at him knowing she was right."and they wouldn't expect it, even so they wouldn't attack a messenger of god now would they?" she really was using everything to her advantage if she could.

She saw no defences and she raised an eyebrow knowing it was strange herself, she flew up to a branch and frowned a little "There are a fair few of them and not to mentioned they're skilled" muttering she thought a little. "Hey how many men does each legion have roughly?" she asked as she landed. "because there looks to be a lot of men down there also wounded should rest, we can't afford to loose any and some injuries are very serious"
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 am

Marcus looked down at the Legion. The encampment was well organized as he knew it would be but then he saw the standards and his jaw clenched and his face hardened. It was the 9th Legion. His old Legion that stood before him. He knew many of the men there. His whole Cohort, the other Centurions and he knew its commander and second in command. The Senator that was its commander would not be with it. He would be back in Rome with the other Senators. The Young Second in command was to sure of himself and the Legion. One could tell he had no real experience at leading the Legion. Bad Mistake on his part.

"Five thousand men." he told Leo. "Ten Cohorts made of 500 men each. Then there will be a small contengient of calvary with them as well. All well trained and use to working together." It was going to be hard on him to fight his old Legion, men he knew and had fought with.

He raised a brow as two of the Cohorts moved forward and began closing the distance between them and the gladiators. One of them was the First Cohort, it had been his three years before. The other wast the Tenth Cohort, which should have been lead by his friend Anthony Regulas. He could see him and another Centurion on horse back riding behind the two Cohorts. "They think little of us sending only two cohorts." Marcus said. "He turned to Ra Num and nodded and he disappeared.

The two Cohorts moved up to a position not far from them but did not attack. It was indeed Anthony that lead the Tenth Cohort and another friend Lucus Octivaus. Both men rode forth around their Cohorts and approached. They rode up to where Marcus, Brutus, Leo and a couple others stood before the small army of gladiators. Both dismounted, and approached Marcus till they stood before him.

"Marcus Arturius, we have been sent to take you and these other slaves back to Rome." Anthony spoke. "You face a Legion of Rome's finest." He turned his head and spat on the ground. "Almost a Legion." he continued and drew his sword as did Lucus. Brutus and the others laid their hands on the hilts of their swords and prepared to draw when both Centurions place their swords in their hands. One hand on the hilt and the other on the blade of the sword. They held them out to Marcus.

Marcus took a deep breath, his eyes misting over. "The First and the Tenth is at your service." Anthony said coming to attention as did Lucus. Marcus stepped forward taking first Anthony's sword and resheathing it and then Lucus'. Then he embraced both men.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 am

Curiosity proved too much when she heard mutters from the men who were nearby and moved up to higher trees to see what she could make out. She only watched for a moment and smiled able to figure out what was going on. "Seems there are some old friends" she then got down quickly before she was spotted and finished up with another injured before joining the ranks of the other men making sure she kept hidden, after all she had been told to stay at camp but cared little for orders. Looking up she spotted a falcon and watched it's reactions before it flew down landing on a lower branch she went over and took it on her arm "Where have you been mister" she frowned and then let it fly back into the air.

Once it was finished she went over still a little curious of the other two so when over hiding her wings behind her back out of caution. "Just curious but I'm guessing you three are friends, what're your names?" she turned to Lucus and Anthony. She looked to Marcus as well as if to ask for answers to her questions too.

(won't be on much today, have assignments in soon so need to try and finish them off, might be on later though Smile )
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:45 am

Marcus looked at each of them. "You know what you are doing?" he asked them.

"We do and so does every man in both cohorts. There was nothing we could do to help you when you were arrested and put into the arena. But now, by the gods, we are not going to let you fight alone. Where do you want us?" Anthony asked.

When Leo came forward and stood beside him asking questions, he chuckled. "Indeed they are." he told her. This is Anthony and Lucus. Good friends and comrades and those are the first and tenth Cohorts of the 9th Legion. They are here to join us." he looked at both his friends. "This is Leo." he told them, "Show them your wings."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 am

Listening as she always did attentively to what was said she moved her wings a little on her back letting them relax the top of her wings showed above her shoulders when folded properly. "Nice to meet you Anthony, Lucus" she smiled a little "and at least they all know what they're doing, those cohorts" she said looking to the others. She let Marcus speak to them while she decided to go check on some others back at the camp "I'm going to go back ok, only curious since it just seemed strange" before then a bird had screeched "Also someone or thing is coming, that bird is giving a warning call"

True enough trouble was on it's way "How much do we have by the sea and how long would it take to get to the ships?" she asked Marcus "but then again we might need more for the others as well, also they're any doctors with you at all?" she asked Lucus and Anthony.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:05 am

Marcus directed his friends to their positions on the left and right flanks of the gladiators. From a signal from them the troops wield right and left and marched to their positions. The gladiators cheered them and gave them a salute of raised swords. The opposite was seen in the ranks of the remaining Cohorts and their commander. It had taken them all by surprise. The two Cohort commanders had requested to be the ones to first engage the gladiators and the Legion Commander gave them permission, expecting them to destroy them.

Instead he watched as the two cohorts had joined Marcus' gladiators. He cursed, ranted and raved. Then he ordered the other cohorts to advance and destroy the traitors and gladiators. Anthony and Lucus joined Marcus and his lieutenants at the center and front of their army. Marcus heard Leo say something about someone or something was coming. He knew there were no other military force around so he was not worried about that, only what he faced now. "Go see what is coming." he told her, "But be careful."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 am

She nodded "Ok then and I'll be careful don't worry" she said turning and first of all flew to some lower branches and then managed to get into the air listening to the bird she began to hover over the area outside yet near the forest before she flew a little further out and spotted a group of people, they weren't soldiers or even any sort of fighter but something had alerted the birds and that wasn't right. landing swiftly she used some rocks for cover acting carefully and listened to what was being said by them.

There wasn't much of any importance as of yet but listened still. "Not much of a threat, just slaves of some of the nobles and merchants." she moved back to the camp finding Marcus a little later on "They were only spooked by some strange people a little off from the boarders, heard them talking about being slaves to nobles and merchants that owned a few gladiators, their trying to get them to go back since they're being offered their freedom in return." she paused."But, they don't looked like they can even hold their own against any creature in this forest let alone someone who is even a newbie here" she said thinking as though she were puzzling over something but never mentioned a word on her thoughts. Something still seemed a little off to her.

"Do you know how far away the other legions are, because I have a theory if my thoughts are correct and if so it isn't too serious but we might need to listen out a bit more"
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:41 am

When Leo returned and reported the remaining cohorts of the legion was almost upon them. "Scared slaves of the nearby estates of the nobles. Now that they are away from their masters, they will not do their bidding. For there is no one here that will punish them for not doing as they had been told." Marcus chuckled. But they would be more mouths to feed, though he did not really care. He would not leave them there to face their master's wrath. They would go with them to the east and where ever they would wind up at.

"Stay close Leo. He placed a hand on her shoulder. He looked down at her warmly. Then he gave the signal to advance and the gladiators called out his name and advanced. The two cohorts with them did the same. At a short distance the Legion stopped and took up their position. Marcus knew they would and their shield wall would normally be tough to break in the Phalanx structure. But he was ready for it. At a signal from a bit behind the Legion on the sides, men rose from the ground with bows. They immediately launched a volley of arrows that hit the men of the legion in their backs, causing many to fall and make gaps in the shield wall.

The contingent of calvary split in two and charged the archers, but two small units of mounted gladiators charged from hiding and engaged them as the archers continued to shoot volley after volley into the ranks. Then the gladiators hit the disrupted front line and the two cohorts whield about and hit the flanks. The Phalanx collapesed and the gladiators and rebel soldiers wreaked a terrible toll on the Legion. The young commander was captured and the remaining soldiers of the legion surrendered.

Marcus had been in the forefront of the battle and had engaged a number of the soldiers. His sword cut left and right, cutting down one after another. He was covered in blood, but none was his own. The young Commander of the Legion was brought to him and forced to his knees. Marcus looked down at him. "Return to Rome and tell them that we are no longer slaves and if they send more after us, they will be destroyed." he then turned to Anthony and Lucus. "Strip them of their armor and send the survivors back to Rome. I am sure that the estates of the nobles and senators will gladly feed them."

He then sent men to their encampment and stripped it of everything useful. Tents, weapons, supplies and horses.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:58 am

Looking to him when she felt his hand on her shoulder she smiled a little and nodded at what was said before the whole battle began. She did stay close most of the time only wondering a little off when one of them got too close to the camp for her liking and made sure to get him backing up into the others of his legion. They knew the tactics so had planned ahead which had paid off greatly when it came to the Phalanx structure.

Several times she was attacked by them but even so she found it far more easier than she would beforehand to get to their weak spots. folding her wings tightly into her back she waited for them to attack first before using their lowered stance to quickly flip herself over them, resting her weight on their dominate shoulder to keep pressure on it and then striking them in back of their neck. She didn't kill them she only injured them at most. However, unlike Marcus she did get caught a few times but luckily none were too deep and having wings with strong bones worked as an automatic shield at times due to the structure of the wings.

Once all was over she stopped holding both spear and sword in hand, panting a little and looked to her blood stained tawny wings before noticing the surrender of the other soldiers and the other stripping down tents and weapons. Searching around herself she found some of their food supplies and helped with some of the horses as well before she found some other medical supplies as well, such as bandages which were basic and smiled taking those with them. She also began to help any who were injured leaving her own until afterwards.

Last edited by Rose for the Hunter on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:14 am

Before Marcus sent the soldier back to Rome, he had them dig long trenches and bury the dead. Then he watched them walking back towards Rome, with one wagon filled with supplies to get them there and another with their wounded. Then he turned to his encampment and began checking on the wounded of his army. He went to each man, giving words of thanks and encouragement.

His men were setting up the tents they had taken from the Legion's camp and used the Commander's large tent as a field hospital. He watched Leo tending the wounded and smiled. The men felt like they were being tended by the gods. It made their spirits rise more and bare the pain of their wounds. Many had seen her fight with them. It was something new to most to see a woman fighting, even though there had been stories of Amazons from Greece's past, and the savages to the far north.

Marcus saw a few small wounds on her and took her by the arm and sat her down on a large rock. Here he cleansed them and wrapped them with bandages. "You are becoming quite the fighter. I think you have impressed alot of the men." he chuckled. When he was finished binding her wounds, "There that should do it. " He knelt there and looked into her eyes. She was so different then any other woman he had met.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:24 am

Leo turned to him wondering what he wanted when he took her by the arm but soon just looked to him as he began to treat her wounds and spoked "I could have taken care of them myself a little later on" she said to him. Listening to what he said to her and smiled "bet it was a little surprising but I was I learned how to fight with some of them so it shouldn't be that much of a shock" she moved her wings so he could get to the wound on her back easier, they really were a hassle at times.

"Thanks Marcus" she said "I'm actually a little surprised you didn't end up injured, never thought you were that good. Now then..." she paused and looked straight back into his eyes silently "Theres still one or two I have to check on" Leo said softly and moved in order to head back to the large tent.

(sorry so short)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 am

He watched her go to the large tent and sighed. He felt something stirring inside him and he had to smile. But he had other things to think of at the moment. As was warned of, slaves from the nearby estates were swarming into the camp. Some had come to try and get the gladiators to go back, but that had been their original objective, now they came to stay, not wanting to go back. Others had run away, hearing of the gladiators escape and they were a fighting force that might protect them from their former masters.

He looked at them and eyed the men for potential training. The women he directed to the supply wagons. They would prepare the meals for the men and also help tend the wounded. Every soldier was taught first aid, how to treat wounds, and bind them. There were no doctors in the Legions, but during campains there were those trained in that art that traveled with the Legions. But here there had been none and none of course with the gladiators.

When he could he moved to the small stream and cleaned the blood from him and the best he could from his clothing. Others were doing the same and the stream became red with blood as it flowed down. Once the encampment was fully up and the wounded tended Marcus sat down by a fire and tried to relax some. They had along way to go and surely word would be sent by pigion or riders to the military forces on the other side of the mountains. Soon he was joined by his lieutenants and Anthony and Lucus.

"They will surely mass a stronger force on the other side of the mountains. That is where they know we are headed, so lets not do what they think we are. We will move to the west coast and find ships at a port there." He took from a leather casing a map. "This port will do for what we want. We will send men in to secure a number of ships and others to be ready to open the gates to the city for us." he grinned.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 am

Leo joined them at the fire a little later after listening. "I'd love to see their faces when they realise we're not heading that way" she said sitting down cross legged as usual and letting her wings relax loosely on her back. "Think we have enough time to dry some of the meats and fish, they'll last longer that way, or maybe smoking them would work just as well. We'll need to keep check on supplies especially if we're going on a ship" she listened to what else would need to be done. Leo took note of where the port was and tried to think of a good path for them to take, considering they had horses and wagons as well.

"There are several good ships that pot there, let's see one noble has about 3 maybe 4 ships that are study and are also fairly new, hey'll be less likely to sink and are suppose to be quiet fast, they boast a lot about things like that, always said he used the west port" she thought a little more for anything he said specific to his ships. "Think he said they stand out a lot from the other ships there". Leo also still tried to work out the best route for them all and also how long it would take in different circumstances. "Are there any legions that are to the west usually?" she asked
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:50 am

"I doubt that any ship would be stored there. " he told her. "To make money you have to keep those ships sailing between ports, trading. But we will see what is there. For sure there might be war ships there to protect the merchant fleet from pirates. Those we will have to deal with." She asked about other legions and he shook his head and looked over at Anthony and Lucus. He had been out of it for three years so had no idea on the status of the legions.

"There will be troops there for sure to support the war ships and protect the port. There is a legion, the Fifth I think to the far south to protect the costal towns from raiders. But most are up in the northern territories, defending what has been conqured and to expand the empire." Anthony said. "It will take some time to march across to the west coast. Many days I figure. Time enough to call up reserves and outfit them and send them after us."

Anthony and Lucus watched Leo closely, still mesmerized by her. She was quite good looking, now that she did not make herself look like a man. But her wings and the belief of many that she was sent by the gods to them also came into play.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:19 am

"I know but this is one of the days where they go to that port in particular, he was going to show some other nobles the ships today and also some more in about seven days time so they'll be there for definite" she said listening to what was said, flying time for her was far shorter but thought about it carefully. "I see, also if we put those who are injured on horses or in a spare wagon that'll help keep the pace up at least but you're right about the reserves, but then again they all think we're heading down the mountain, so they'll gather here" she said showing them on the map "But we're heading elsewhere and if we move our camp closer to the bottom of the mountain gradually then we'll have less to travel when the ships are secured"

Trying to think of practical ways they could shorten the time "how many reserves are there in total?" she asked them not noticing how closely she was being watched by the other two but when she did she spoke "Something you two want to say?" she asked looking to them curiously. "Anyway is there anyway we can shorten the travelling time so that they won't be able to get reserves here" she said.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 am

"It will take them awhile to realize what we have done and they will surely then redirect the reserves and any other soldiers after us. Once the survivors of the 9th Legion reach Rome and report, they surely will be getting every able body free man geared up and after us. Though at first they will be misdirected, they will sooner or later realize where we have gone and be after us. " he to was trying to find an esary and faster way to the port but there was really none.

The time it would take them to get to the Port City, their ruse would have been discovered and soldiers on their trail not to mention that the Port would have been notified by swift riders or other means. "We will send men ahead on horseback disguised as soldiers and enter the city to gather information and be ready to assist in opening the gates."

When Anthony and Lucus was asked by Leo if they had anything to say." it was Lucus that answered. "We were just wondering why the gods would send a beautiful winged woman." his cheeks were tinted red as he spoke.

Marcus laughed and looked at Leo. "Ah you have two admirers, I think." But the look he gave the two was not one of amusement, though he quickly changed it when looking at Leo. The two instantly understood. though.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:05 pm

"Well we have the armour to disguise the at least, and if we use the same horses as them as well, there should be no problems." she said, but we might need to be careful on details to ensure there are no mistakes" she then listened to the other two for their answer to her question a little shocked to hear it really but smiled at what was said, "Thank you for the compliment Lucus" she paused "and if I was sent by them then I'm sure they have their reasons" noticing the red cheeks even in the dim light of the fires, laughing a little. She didn't notice the silent conversation between the three of them as they continued the conversation.

It was a little while after that she stood up "I'm going to wash off a little bit off ok, so I'll see you all at dinner" she moved herself to the river and followed it upstream until she got to the falls there and smiled. "Perfect" She soon began to ash herself and also her wings to get the blood off of them easily, swift to headed back and found some of the other women about supplies and also about food. " Ah yes there should be some of the stew leftover" she said "OK then" getting her own bowl she helped herself to her portion and settled by the fire with them once more. She was just thinking, something seemed strange still, to her anyway. "Does anyone else feel like something is wrong?" she questioned. "Just feel like were constantly being watched by someone" her wings ruffled uneasily on her back. Something was seriously wrong now and she could tell what it was someone here wasn't who they said to be, and were keeping an eye on them too. "Also I saw a messenger pigeon head off towards Rome when I was cleaning my wings out, that's why I'm bringing it up"
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 am

Not much was discussed in Leo's absence. There was not much more to go over. They would know more once they got closer to the port and those sent ahead had a chance to look things over and send someone back to give them the information. She looked clean when she returned and Marcus had to smile. She was still staying with him in his tent which was a bit strange but he enjoyed it. She had been the only woman during their escape and he had made sure she was with him to help protect her. Now there were other women in the camp. Former slaves that had run away and was seeking protection.

"In the morning we will break camp and begin our journey. We need to rearange the supplies on the wagons so we have more to carry the wounded that can not walk. Leo you will be in charge of those wagons. Select the women that can best help you tend to them." He had already given the marching order to Lucus and Anthony. One cohort would march in front the other bringing up the rear. They would have flankers out to make sure no one got close to them with out being warned. When it was time to turn in, he rose and looked at Leo.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 am

"Ok then, I'll sort that out soon enough" she said, she thought carefully about which one's were able to help her best with rearranging stuff and tending to the wagons. Every now and then Leo would have the urge to stay outside during the warmer night and huddle up resting in the trees, however, the bitter wind made her want to sleep inside again. Standing up she stretched out her wings and turned to Marcus as if to ask him what he wanted to say, to her he appeared to look like there was something he wanted to say.

She soon just settled and went to bed in order to sleep preparing in her head everything they'd need. Early morning she awakened before many of the others and went to where the other women slept in their tents waking up those she'd decided to help her out and began to help with organising everything such as packing food away and making sure that they could keep as much room in the wagons as possible, letting the others rest they worked silently. Some of the other women even collected a few more pieces of food and herbs as well to ensure that they would have enough. "Is everything ready in that Wagon?" she asked leading two horses towards it and began to correct the harnesses asking one of them to hold the reins for the moment so the horses wouldn't get spooked.

When the rest of them work up breakfast was prepared in what had been left out and then even that was packed away before they headed out. Leo checked the horses harnesses again just be sure "Ok everything is ready we can fit a few injured on all the wagons with a couple of women in them as well." She instructed some of the healthier men to help the injured and sick get on and quickly checked that wounds hadn't reopened and that they were being kept clean before moving pulling on a cloak she had to hide her wings once more. They were a little too noticeable and if the wagons were checked it would be a problem.

"Marcus, everything is loaded and the injured are in the wagons too, anything else before we head off?" she asked before they headed out to where they were to next set up camp, she jumped onto the first wagon picking the best routes for them to take so that they'd remain fairly hidden as well as keeping the wagons and supplies safe. The brought ground of the forest floor made the trip a little bumpy for those injured but the other women were told to make sure that they were kept as still as possible to prevent further injury. "We still have a long way to go, just to confirm we stopping at night or are we continuing forward?" she asked him

Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:02 am

The feelings inside him were growing and he wanted to say something but was not sure if he should or not. So when they returned to the tent he said nothing. During the night he would awaken and lay there looking at her sleeping form. He sighed and would go back to sleep. Perhaps during the march to the port he would be able to talk to her about them.

In the morning it was not long after Leo arose that he got up and got his armor and weapons on. From the entrance of the tent he watched Leo going about the camp and ensuring everything was done properly. She not only could fight now but had a talent for organizing things. As the camp was struck and packed up and Leo reported back to him, the sentries reported that there was a mass of people coming towards them. He went to look and saw, Men, women and children moving towards them. When they reached the now struck camp, he saw that they were more slaves that had run off. They begged to be taken with him and told him that the survivors of the Legion had spread word that the Rebel Army would march on the estates and kill the owners. That their masters had fled to Rome.

The men and those of the young old enough he sent off to get weapons and armor. Some of them had come from the northern lands and had fought the legions there before becoming slaves. This was good as it helped strengthen the fighting force. Those not skilled with the blade would on the journey be shown how to use a sword and spear or a bow. The women he turned over to Leo for instructions. As for the children, he hat them put on the wagons with the wounded.

"We will take what we need from the estates on the way. I have a feeling that word will spread and fear of being killed will send most of the land owners to Rome as fast as they can go." He then gave the order to move out and the now enlarged rebel band began to move to the west.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:09 am

Leo instructed the women to go in the wagons as well there was just enough room for them and also tried to keep the mothers with their children to help any injured keep still, it was something important after all, also with more women there it helped with the increasing number of people that were gathering together now. She listened to what Marcus said and nodded "Yeah but remember only take what is needed no luxuries since we don't have the room, also it'll be harder now with children" she said thinking carefully once more. Stopping the wagons at one point she noticed another messenger pigeon and tapped the shoulder of an archer "Hey can you get that bird?"

The young man smiled "Of course I can" he aimed and soon it was shot down, she asked another one to take over the first wagon while she went to get it moving her cloak from her back she went to go get it and read the message.
"This isn't good" she muttered "But it also explains why they seem to know so much, Anthony and Lucus might have an idea of who is sending these messages" she said to herself. It was easy for her to catch up flying for a short while she landed back where she had previously been.
"Everything alright Leo?" asked on of them "Seems someone has been sending messages out, actually where did we get messenger pigeons?" she questioned "Maybe from earlier today" they suggested and she nodded thinking over everything and pulled her cloak back on quickly as they would soon be near the end of the forest. They'd be other people just outside the village where the ports were so best to try and stay hidden as best she could.

They had covered far more ground than they had first thought but the would need to settle down somewhere for the night so that they could sleep and eat to be ready for the next day. But as usual her mind was always deep within her own thoughts her wings would shift on her back gently every now and then. "Ah, right Marcus two things one are Antony and Lucus nearby I have a question and two earlier you looked as though you had something to say, what was it?" she asked waiting for both answers from him.

When they all stopped for the night Leo began to help the younger children out and got the women to help with making meals while others tied to horses up. "Not much further now" she said having just finished checking on everyone."Also around this time would be a good place to try some of the estates still in the safety area of the forest and the estates are not too far"

(thought of more to add)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next