The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?) - Page 4 Empty Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by questor Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 am

Marcus sent for Anthony and Lucus. When they arrived he told them of what Leo had found out. "It isn't any of the men in either cohort. They were picked by myself and Lucus. Every man there is willing to die for you. Most of them you have lead in battle." Anthony told him.

"We did have carry pigions when we marched to intercept you. But they were not in the camp when we tore it down and brought everything back to the new camp." Lucus said.

Marcus thought a few minutes and then said, "Send out patrols to our rear. I have a feeling that one of those we sent back to Rome may not have gone with the others. In the heat of the battle the one responsible for the pidgons may have escaped and hid. If so, find him." It seemed that their movement to the west was already known in Rome. That meant that their destination probably would also be known.

When Leo came up to him and asked what had been on his mind, he drew her away from the others in camp. When alone he looked down at her and put his arms about her waist. He took a deep breath and said. "We have only known each other for a short time, but.............I think I am falling in love with you."

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?) - Page 4 Empty Re: Escaping the Colosseum (Closed,R?)

Post by Rose for the Hunter Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:24 am

Leo thought for a moment "I got one of the archers to shoot down one of the pigeons leaving earlier and also a few hawks took some yesterday so the plans might not be known as of yet, if so, we better make sure that we are ready for tomorrow and maybe even leave then as well." she said to them. "But more importantly might be best to find who is sending the messages too" that was a bit of a problem. At the camp however after going over to ask the question she hadn't expected this type of reaction at all.

After being drawn away she paid close attention to his actions at first turning to listen to what he said as her wings tickled his fingers gently when they shifted on her back. She didn't know how to respond at all. It was something completely unexpected and looked at him shocked before looking to the ground to try and think about how on earth she was supposed to respond to that at all. "Did you ever plan to tell me if I hadn't asked?" she questioned him looking straight up to meet his eyes "I really have no idea how to respond to that at all to be honest, so let me think" she really knew she would have to think carefully, it was something important to him at least, her wings shuffled on her back gently still trying to find an answer.

It wasn't long after before one of the women was looking for her "Leotie, I need you're help getting something" she shouted. Leo turned to Marcus "Sorry, I'll talk to you about it later" she said to him feeling a little awkward with nothing to say and hurried off to go help. She spent a lot of time thinking about it to try and find out what would be best to say but was still honest, such things were so complicated is what she soon began thinking.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:52 am

Well he figured that she really didn't have the same feelings for him that he had for her. Why should she. She was younger and had a lot of head of her. Also they could be dead before they reached the port. Anything could happen. But once they comendeered ships and found a new land to begin again, maybe then.

When the women came for her and she left, he went about his normal routine now of checking on the men as they marched. He would ride up and down the now extended column of soldiers, ex slaves, and gladiators. It was not until nightfall when Lucus and Anthony brought a man to him and roughly threw him to the ground. "Here is the carrier pigion keeper. He was the one sending messages. Marcus sat by the fire and looked at the man on the ground. He was a spy and the punishment for that was usually death. He considered it, but shook his head. Killing someone in battle was one thing, but to just kill them for what they were trained to do? No.

"Tie him up and keep a guard on him. We should be hitting one of the estates tommorow. We will leave him there, with out his pigions. " They took him away and he looked into the fire. Still several days to the coast and the port.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:07 am

During that time Leo had spent hours up in the tree tops she really was still thinking about it. partly since she'd never really thought about how she felt about others. Coming down later on she watched what was happening before coming over "Found out who was sending the messages?" she questioned and sat beside Marcus and whispered "Also you really do need to give others more time to think before coming to conclusions... you're so easy to read sometimes" she said messing with him a little bit. "Also why not release the pigeons now and can I borrow a horse, I live nearby so I want to go get something before we reach the port" she said. Thinking once more she added something "Marcus can you come with me as well?"

It was true she did want to get something but also she wanted to speak to Marcus a little more herself this time. That way they couldn't get interrupted half way through since she'd come to a conclusion but was also being cautious about it as well. "Also means I can show you the short cuts to some of the nearest estates." When she got her answer she was soon tacking up one of the horses and jumped on waiting for him to see if was going to come with her.

Even so she was quick to get to her old house and jumped off the horse and headed inside sighing at the mess the guards had made and searched around for something, finding it she smiled and hid it within a pouch she'd picked up so she could carry small things while she flew through the skies. and headed back outside soon enough wondering where he bird had gone, she had been looking after a small falcon before hand. "Damn guards"
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 am

Marcus was a bit surprised at her comment about giving people more time to think. He wondered what she meant by it. "The pigeons we keep to help misinform Rome. Make them think we are still raiding estates and perhaps that we have turned south for richer rewards." Why she wanted a horse when she could fly kind of seemed a bit strange, but he told her to pick one and take it. When asked if he would come with her, nodded and rose from his place at the fire.

He took a horse and followed her. It seemed that there was a small place in the hills that covered the area. There was a small place, built on the side of a hill in a way to conceal it from any that would pass by, but not if they went searching in the hills. He watched her enter the small house and he slowly dismounted and entered as well. The place was pretty well ransacked. "Find what you were looking for?" he asked. "Now why did you want me to come with you?"

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:47 am

She'd decided to take a horse since flying did draw too much attention at times especially when she was used to keeping her wings concealed most of her life. When she heard him ask a question she nodded "Yes and no they took my falcon with them" she sighed "I was looking after the bird when he broke his wing so he might return later on when we're at the port, if eh escapes then that'll be the first place he goes" she said about to mount her horse once more before she smiled at his question "Why do you think, you never give people enough time to think on important things do you?"

Leo then leaned against her horse a little and ruffled my wings "But first I want you to promise me something, you're not allowed to die until we cross the seas or even then... rather a better way to put is you are not allowed to die in battle" she said "But can you promise me that?" this was something she knew sounded very selfish but she had reasons and it wasn't hard to figure them out she really had seriously thought about what he'd told her before.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:17 am

Now that was something he had to think on. Being a soldier his life was always in danger of being extinguished. The battlefield was a place of death and many would not leave it with their lives. To survive you had to be good with your weapons and have a plan of action that would help you win the battle and take as few casulties as your could. He had studied tactics under the best that there had been to offer. He could only try to not die in battle. But he was confident that any that was sent against him and his small army, he would be able to defeat and live.

"Not allowed to die in battle?" he grinned. It was also every soldier's desire to die in battle, to die gloriously. But Marcus was no fool, he wanted to live as long as possible and if necessary die old and gray after a long and glorious life. "I will not die in battle here. For with you fighting at my side, how could that happen."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:36 am

Leo waited for him to answer her wings shifted uneasily on her back and then listened to what he said and smiled a little "That's good enough" she said almost relieved "You better make sure you don't for you've made me fall for you enough to end up broken hearted if you do" she pulled his head down and kissed him gently after moving to stand only inches away from him. She was red and a little embarrassed but that wasn't going to stop her.

When she pulled away smiling softly one of the horses nickered and her attention turned to the ever more darkening sky. "I think we should head back soon unfortunately and I have all I need, there was not much to collect" She mounted her horse quickly hardly believing her own actions before she began leading the way back and showing him the secret routes to some of the richest estates that were nearby as well one of which she knew better than to go near so wouldn't even step on the path.

Back at camp some of the women had wondered where Leo had gone, she was hard to find if she was in trees but they'd searched there and she was nowhere to be found so when she did get back they came over "Leo, where were you" jumping off the horse she tied it up with the others "I had to collect something important" she answered "We need to know what to do with the pigeons"
"We're keeping them, they'll come in handy and when I find my bird any that die will make great food for him" she smiled.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 am

Her kiss took him completely by surprise, but a very definitly a good surprise. His arms incircled her and pulled her against him, making the kiss last as long as he could. When she pulled away he could see the redness in her cheeks and smiled. He wanted to stay there a while longer with her, just the two of them, but that did not seem to be in their future.

He was not worried about shortcuts to the estates. They would take only what they would need from them. He followed her back to camp and even then there, it did not seem they could have some time alone. The former women slaves sought her out and took her from him. As he eyed the camp it seemed it had grown again. and he was right. More slaves from the estates had come to join them.

Some he found came from a nearby estate that belonged to two bothers. Both were arogant, cruel and greedy. They had treated their slaves badly and were trying to pack up as much as possible to flee to Rome. When Marcus heard of how they had treated the slaves and seen some of their handy work, it made his blood burn with anger. He quickly gathered Anthony, Lucus, Brutis and a few others and rode hard to the estate. The guards were no problems to deal with. Most were cowards anyways. He found the two brothers cowering in a barn. He had them drug out and taken back to the camp.

Here he had the men make a makeshift arena of sorts and had the two thrown into the middle of it. The gladiators and soldiers made a circle about it. The freed slaves behind them. The men parted for Marcus who entered the circle with the two brothers. Both men cowered from him begging him for their lives. They promised him money and more if he spared them. "I will not kill you, nor any one here." He told them. They looked up hopeful looks on their faces, until he threw two swords on the ground. "Fight! Let us see which of you lives and goes free" he stepped back to the edge of the circle and watched.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 am

After having sorted out stuff with the women she noticed it seemed a little quiet and turned around noticing that Marcus, Anthony, Lucus and Brutis were gone, she asked around finding one of the slaves from the brothers estates and whistled at the handy work. This one in particular was good at stitching up clothes, but quickly got back to the point. "Do you know where Marcus and the other three went?" she asked and smiled when she received a sort of answer. However, that was the estate she refused to go near.

At the estate however, the two brothers looked to the swords at their feet and then at each other but hesitantly one of them picked up the sword after the other one who seemed more confident, less caring towards the other one. Both were soon fighting with their poor swordsmanship against the other neither wanted to die but the oldest of the two seemed to be more determined than the other to kill. The others there kept the makeshift arena steady and cheered like the crowds had once done for them when they were fighting. The oldest of the two caught the youngest and then vice versa before receiving a hard blow by the youngest sword on his left arm.

(hope you don't mind I tried to play the brothers a little to add more for you to reply to"
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed May 01, 2013 9:58 am

Marcus watched as the two brothers began to fight. They were poor swordsmen and would not have last long against any of those of his men. The slaves that had not escaped with the others cheered and jeered the two. They began venting their hate for the two men. Soon both were bloodied from a number of wounds. The youngest kept asking his brother why he was doing this. They were brothers and should not be fighting. The oldest sneered at his brother, "I am the strongest and I will live and return to reclaim what is mine." he tried to run his brother through but the younger was quick and was able to move out of the way.

Marcus could hear the gladiators taking bets on who was going to be the winner. He wondered how many bets had been placed on him over the three years he had been in the arena. He did not approve of it but he would not prevent them from making their bets. How many times had these brothers watched the games and bet on the matches.

It was not long before the older of the two had his brother sorely wounded and came in for the kill. But the younger brother was not one to just lay there and be killed. As his brother came to kill him he mustered the strength and brought his sword up and ran the older one through the chest. The look of surprise on the older's face brought many remarks by his men. The older brother lay dead on the ground beside his brother whow was dying of blood loss and a serious wound. "As I said." he looked down at the younger brother. "We will not kill you, your brother has done that." Blood bubbled out of his mouth and then his eyes rolled back and he died.

Marcus looked around at his men and the slaves. "Take everything we can use, grain, food, clothing, bedding, wagons and cards, horses and the like. Once you have gathered it all return to camp. He then mounted his horse and rode back to the camp. Justice had been done. Even if one was a slave they needed to be treated with some respect. They need not be whipped as to leave scars, have ears or hands cut off and the like. He rode into camp and gave his horse to one of the men and went to his tent.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 am

One of the men there had uncovered a caged falcon when gathering up stuff "Such a rare find" he smiled and decided to keep it putting it in one of the wagons they headed back to camp soon after. At camp Leo was grooming her wings, she really didn't want to go near that place and folded her wings back when she noticed Marcus was back "You went to that estate with the two brother's, I heard form one of the new arrivals what happened there?" she asked curiously as she moved to stand up waiting to see what he'd say, "Also a meal was prepared earlier as well since new people have arrived, I'll be back with you're share so just stay there" she said and headed over to where they were still handing out food and went back quickly "Here we are now what happened?" she asked once more with her bowl in her lap, sitting cross legged.

Meanwhile, the others were unloading stuff quickly before resting and having a meal, the falcon stuffed in the back was muted from the talk of the camp as stories were told of what had happened. But back at the estate the younger brother cried over his dead older brother in silence and also over the losses of being robbed, but still he decided to try and head to rome, thinking he would find shelter there. When he got there he was informed of what had happened with them all.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri May 03, 2013 7:57 am

The hawk had been in a gilded cage and the man that had brought it back took it to the group of tents that he was at. It was a beautiful bird and being from a rich land owner, it was probably trained to hunt. He would like to use it as a hunting bird. As he sat the cage down by the tent, the others there came and looked at it making comments. One poked at it with a stick Making it squawk, and the man pushed him back from it, standing before the cage to protect the bird. "It is but a dumb animal." the one with the stick said. "It is not. It is a hunting falcon."

At the center of the camp Marcus told Leo what had transpired at the estate. "Both are now dead and justice has been served for those that they mistreated. "It will be people like that that brings the empire down. I have seen it already in many of the Senator's eyes. Greed, and the desire for power. Having things that the normal people don't have. They live in luxuary while the people are mainly struggling to survive." he shook his head. He smiled at her and said, "there should have been many things brought from the estate. Go see if there is anything you can use. Most is supplies but there is clothing as well which will be needed for our swelling ranks, and perhaps some other things."

One wagon contained chests of gold coins, that the brothers had loaded up to take with them. These had been brought along and Marcus was informed of it. Anthony figured they could use the gold perhaps to bribe officials or when they got where they were going to buy land. It was not a bad idea.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Fri May 03, 2013 10:19 am

Hearing the squawk her attention turned "Guessing you found a bird" she said and stood up since the slightly different pitch caught her attention listening to what he said first she nodded "Hmm I'll go check now" heading to a wagon she noticed the bird "Ah, there you are" she pulled the cage out and opened it the bird hoping on her arms, she stroked his breast feathers "So you got taken in by the two brothers,boy" she smiled and sent the bird to rest on a tree branch "Don't poke him, his wing is still injured a little and I was taking care of him before I sent to the pits" she said to them "plus he is well enough to hunt which will be good for us all" she smiled watching the bird stretch out and when she headed inside the bird waddled awkwardly after her like a dog.

"Sorry something alerted me, my falcon was missing at my home, he was injured so I thought someone would've taken him, turns out the brothers raided my home as well" she sighed and looked to him thinking for a moment "Now that I think about I don't know much about you, what was you family like?" she asked curiously "you know about mine so I want to hear about yours" she smiled and then took a bite form the soup with the bird waddling over to try and pick out some meat from it.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue May 07, 2013 6:42 am

"My family?" he asked. "Not much to tell. They were farmers north of Rome. They lived in a small town and there was nothing remarkable about them. My father had once been a soldier, but a wound to his leg made it impossible for him to march anymore. For his service to Rome they gave him his land and some animals. He told me of his time as a soldier and that was why I became one when I could." he told her.

He watched the falcon move about as Leo fed it. "So you found your little friend eh." he chuckled.

In Rome the survivors of the Legion returned with the word of their defeat and the defection of the two cohorts to Marcus and his gladiators. This caused an uproar in the Senate and the emperor was furious. He ordered conscripts and reserves to be called up. He wanted Marcus and his rebels destroyed and their heads brought back. Being an emperor he thought things could be done over night but it would take weeks before any force could be assembled to march against the rebels.

That only left the forces in the south of the country and then those on the other side of the mountains. The latter had already been sent messages to march to the pass to block any escape there. The former was ordered to march north to try and entrap them. That was before the messages arrived of the shift in the direction the rebels were moving. By the time that Marcus and Leo sat down and talked about his family, the Legion in the south was marching north and another was moving into the pass to cross the mountains and follow the rebels. Still it would take both time to march the distance.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 07, 2013 8:03 am

She listened to what he said about his family and smiled a little at the story the little bird settling down on the blanket quiet comfortably. "We should try and keep this pace up, do roman soldiers sleep at night when on the march, I have a feeling the emperor has already organised another group?" she asked "Also there are still a good few days before we get to the port" she said but then thought of another question "What's it like to be a roman soldier anyway?" she asked curiously once more having finished her meal and had settled herself comfortably on her blanket for the moment "Maybe a watch shift would be a good idea as well since we are nearing the port and there might be messages out so they could come across the camp or even search for it"

Later on after listening to him attentively she moved and kissed him goodnight before she headed to bed tucked in and stayed mostly asleep until morning with the small flacon on the edge of the blanket chirping quietly in it's sleep, happily. The dawn was quick to come and the roman soldiers were getting ever closer to them with each step.

(sorry brain is dying from the heatwave over here)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue May 07, 2013 8:18 am

(No problem. The Sinus infection is still lingering, doing the same to my brain. Trying to concentrate and do three to four rps and not get things jumbled up. LOL the fun of it. Getting better though.)

What was it like to be a Roman Soldier. "One could say it was like having an extended family. You lived with one another, ate with them, and fought side by side with them. You mourned the loss of your fellow soldiers together. It was a good life, hard at times but it was a life of excitement, and facing the unknown with friends. When I became a Centurian and commanded a cohort, most of them I had fought with in many battles and I did my best to take care of them. The Roman Soldiers that will be coming after us will force march. Move day and night with only short rest periods and only a few hours of sleep each night."

He had missed that kind of life, but he had found a different one in the arena and the group of gladiators that he was put with. Like the Legion it was a regulated type life. All that now served him to command the small army that seemed to be growing with escaped slaves.

He watched her go to the tent and smiled. Perhaps down the road they would be sharing the same bed. At least he hoped so.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 07, 2013 8:28 am

When the early morning came Leo was waking up and looked up to the tent ceiling before moving to sit up and move out of bed, stretching her wings she looked to Marcus as if to see if he was awake or not. Heading outside she went to see what was cooking for breakfast and helped them by letting her small falcon hunt, eh brought back a few rabbits they could add to the dish, she ended up gutting and skinning them, she looked to the fur "Hey think you might be able to make pouches with the rabbit fur, we can carry more stuff that way and it would be good to keep food in specifically maybe grains" she said and one of them nodded "Of course if we have enough fur that is and maybe rope as well"
"Ok then, he should be able to hunt while we're moving that way we'll have a ready supply for dunner and we need to start moving soon so can you help em get things on the wagons?" she said and got some of the uninjured men to help with heavy stuff as well. The falcon flying around the huge area and almost keeping watch since those shrieks he could give were great as warning signals.

"Marcus you ready to move?" she asked having finished with the wagons knowing they needed every ounce of sunlight possible. SHe had pulled on her cloak to cover her wings to just be sure to not cause trouble as she waited for his reply.

(Good to hear the infection is getting better, hope it goes away soon I know who annoying they can be)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu May 09, 2013 8:07 am

Marcus was awake when Leo got up. He watched through half closed eyes. Once she left he got up and streached. It was interesting how she took to taking charge of the freed slaves. As he had thought before, she was not one of those empty headed women in Rome. They would have been all in terror of what the camp life was like. Afraid of getting dirty and not having the lavish food they eat.

When she came back the tent was already down and packed up. He looked around the camp and saw that everyone was almost finished packing the wagons and ready to march. "Been ready." he told her and pulled her to him. He caressed her face with a hand. The length of the column was a lot bigger. He shook his head wondering how big it would get before they made the port city. "Guess we had best get going ourselves."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Fri May 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Looking up to him when he pulled her close she smiled and leaned into his hand a little before kissing his fingers gently as he did. "Yeah, but I have a feeling only more and more people will join, no one likes being a slave after all and they're most likely seeing it as a flame of hope" she said and ruffled her wings on her back contently before she got to the first wagon and sat up front after checking everything was in order, her falcon would soar around them to give any warning that would be needed.

Later on that day sure enough they were joined by more, some had even brought stuff from their previous masters in order to help pay towards food and such others brought their own rations. Many of them were women and children and even more appeared to be young men. That one march for that day was hard, worst of all they were starting to run short on bedding for people and Leotie was thinking that if women and children could share they beddings then they'd be able to make do until they could gather up some more. That day was one of those really long days as well but they covered a lot of ground, in the distance the harbour was in sight. "Marcus think we should send ahead a few more people to the port in order to make sure everything goes well?" she asked him.

At least from the outside it looked no more than one of those huge groups of soldiers that were moving to a different area since all the women, children and injured could still just about fit comfortably on the wagons.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun May 12, 2013 6:36 am

Several days had passed and finally they were in sight of the Port city. He had the army move to a hill top and make camp. Here he directed fortifications to be built. Mainly a large trench around the entire encampment with stakes in it, and then trees were felled and cut to make a palicade about it. He was taking no chances. Troops could have been brought up by sea along the coastline. It would have been a faster means of getting there.

"Our people that we sent ahead should be in the city. They will know we are here as surely does the population of the city does by now." he told Leo. "Once they make contact and we know what the situation is we will know more of what to do." From their vantage point they could see several merchant ships in the harbor and three war ships.

By night fall one of those they sent to the port city entered the encampment. "They have some soldiers defending the walls and gate. Enough to make a forced entry impossible unless we had siege equipment. But the others stand ready to attack the gate from the inside. If sucessful, the gate should be opened and we can charge in. Once in they will not be a match for us."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 am

Leo listened carefully and began thinking "If we need to open the gate I could go, I can fly and there for it'd be easy for me to sneak in, also really think they'd suspect a women causing trouble in these cities?" she asked, It would be fairly easy for her but if she got caught then there would be problems. They'd know someone was coming and their defences would most likely become strengthened. "and don't worry I'll be fine, and I can use my falcon to give a signal as well so it'll be easier that way" she said sitting how she usually would with the bowl of food in her lap.

"Do you know what time the guards switch shifts at?" she asked she did have a feeling that some people would be rather reluctant but this was one of those times she could do something and hence would. "and as for any other guards I'm sure I could take care of a couple myself so don't panic" that being mostly aimed at Marcus. When she went to take her bowl back when finished some of the women began to speak to her, telling her she really shouldn't get involved in those kind of things. Leo smiled to them without a word but hr thoughts were figuring out what to do exactly if they did let her go but to be honest she planned on helping out whether they liked it or not.

Regardless of the answer she received she waited until it was dark enough and left, making suer no one noticed even at the camp so they wouldn't know anything about it until she sent a signal, plus she'd left at around dawn time so most of them were probably asleep. Leo's falcon followed behind her happily and quietly, it was easy for her to get over to where the device to open the gate was landing silently on the wall without much notice and was quick to hide herself waiting for a bit before she went into action. She moved herself to the device and began to try and work it "Damn too stiff" she pulled it again and this time it clicked and was easy enough to work.

However, the guards had clearly noticed and headed up to see what was going on, having to stop she looked up and picked the spear she'd brought with her. Having to flip herself over them she got one in the neck and used their sword to help defend against the others making sure she was as quiet as possible. She also knew that the wagons were ready since she'd told a few of the women to make sure they were. Hoping all would go well she knocked most of the guards out and got to work on opening the gate.

Leo had already sent her bird to the camp and the small falcon was quick to find Marcus and landed on his shoulder and nipped the man's ear with his beak, as gently as possible so as not to cause injury.

(sorry had a eureka moment post wise so added about 2 paragraphs)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon May 13, 2013 2:07 pm

The sounds of fighting had caught the attention of guards on the walls. A cry went up and soldiers poured out of the barracks, running to the gate and up stairs to the walls and battlements. A great horned sounded and people came running out of their houses and apartments to see what was going on. Some ran to the roof tops that were above the level of the walls or equal to them to see what had caused the alarm.

There were a dozen soldiers heading to the gate house as they saw the gates beginning to open. On the hill Marcus groaned as he heard the alarm. He looked around and saw that Leo was not there and shook his head. He did not actually think she would try to open the gates alone. He had to act quickly. Those that could ride he had mount up and ride hard with him to the city and to the gate. The others would follow as fast as they could. The women and children would stay in the encampment till they had secured the gate.

(Got to wait for her to fly up over the walls before the people and guards can react to seeing her.)

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 13, 2013 2:20 pm

When she heard the horn she stretched her wings and got outside quickly, but by that time the gate was open and to make it harder for them she'd set up a few traps too. She was quick to fly out suddenly when she noticed there were too many guards and noticed their shock at seeing her flying. "It's a messenger from the gods" shouted one guard loudly. Leo turned noticing Marcus and some others there and was quick to meet up with them and landed sitting behind Marcus on the horse "Hey Marcus" she said folding in her wings and looking to him. She did have a bad feeling that he might be more than a bit angry at her.

She moved back off the horse and once more into the air afterwards and stretched out her wings before she pushed off a branch she had landed on. She noticed a few more guards having spotted her and she landed with her spear on her back waiting to see how they'd react now, she had become curious of others reactions now. She looked over her shoulder once the others arrived and smiled at their arrival.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue May 14, 2013 12:34 pm

As Leo took off from the gate area the people on roof tops saw her as did the guards and soldiers. All were awe struck and mesmerised. When she flew towards the on coming rebels and land on the horse behind Marcus, the whispers began. "Messenger of the Gods." "Sent by Mercury himself." "The will of the gods" there were others but all seemed to think that Leo was a messenger of the gods sent to relay a message. The open gate and the oncoming rebels was enough for the people.

They saw the soldiers trying to close the gates and a throng of the people poured out of buildings into the streets and rushed the gate, pulling the soldiers from the great drum that held the rope that would close it. "The gods have spoken their will" some cried out. "Can't you see that." Others, "They sent a messenger to open the gates. What plainer message can it be." Others rushed up to the walls to the soldiers there saying the same thing. It didn't take much to convince them. They had seen Leo land behind Marcus and then leave again and fly above the rebels on horse back.

They stood down and as Marcus and the others approached they just stood there. The people lined the street by the gate and stood quietly. The entire fighting force of the rebels now were outside the gates and no hostile action had been taken. Marcus sent for the women and children and soon they were all before the city walls and the gate. Marcus lead the way down the street looking at the people on either side. Word had spread quickly as the rebels entered the city.

Marcus signaled to Leo to join him on his horse. All eyes turned to Leo.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next