The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

2 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Curiosity Killed The Catfish  R/rated - Page 5 Empty Re: Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

Post by LadyRaven Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:47 pm

To the council, Merlin's questions and logic seemed far beyond his seeming young years and for this, he received many bows and nods of both approval and respect.  Even the old female that had once turned her back on him in insult lowered her head and nodded to him now.  "From where I sit, Sire,"  Hector began after the nods and bows faded, "It seems that not only do we, lowly outlanders as we've been named for so many years, seen through the guises of your charms and reasoning, but your own seem to have attained this goal also."  He came forward from his chair and moved down the steps in a bold move to be level with Lukas.  He took his time.

"I put it to you,"  he said at length, "Your reign in Jakar is tenuous at best and thanks to your father's treachery to the original bloodline, has left you very few options to continue your rule.  In fact, were it not for us lowly outlanders, there would be no heir at all."  He moved around the usurper king with pride and grace.  "But even in your lowest moment, you have valid questions so I will answer them."  He faced the younger male off so to speak.  "No, I do not know if all Merlin's folk are to be trusted.  I have not spoken to them, nor do I see the possibility of it happening in my lifetime.  However, Merlin does not represent all his kind.  He represents only the vessel above our heads that has not only not attacked us or tried to subdue us, but has welcomed our existence and shown a true need and want to learn from us.  And for that, he has earned his right to take a place of honour in my home.  No, he is not yet fully learned of our ways, but his wisdom of that fact leads me to believe that he is not only genuine in his attempts to learn, but genuine in his affection for my people and the affiliation that he will gain because of it."  Hector then moved to Syrenne and placed a tender hand on her cheek.

"As for my ward, she has always been and will always remain safe.  You see, Lukas, we chose this place because Jakar considered it too far in the outlands to be of any consequence and those that came with us, too weak to understand the complexities of the capital.  She is safe here because this is her home and it will remain so as long as she wants it."  he turned to look at Lukas.  "Jakar law has meant very little here, in fact, it means almost nothing to this very day.  We pay lip service to Jakar only because they, and that means you, know we are here.  Beyond that, Lukas, you have no authority here, no standing beyond an empty title and no right to assume your rule over my people."  A slight hum started running through the crowd as Hector reached the climax of his speech.  They were showing their support for their guardian and keeper.  "I am nothing in Jakar, but a lowly outlander.  Here, the Spire has made me its king and has let me rule these waters for nearly fifty seasons (years).  When it is done with me, I will hand over my rule to one who will keep that respect and understanding of the mountain and her waters and as it has always been, Jakar will have no power here."  He stood proudly as the council nodded in their agreement.  "The Spire defends her spawn and her spawn will defend her in return and for as long as my gills draw in the water, Syrenne will never be handed over to you."  In other words, Lukas would take Syrenne over his dead body.  Many of the council shouted their agreement with Hector now, showing a true solidarity among the people, clearly something that Jakar crucially lacked.  And then, in one final insult, Hector had one last thing to say before allowing the king to speak.

"And as for Merlin, I would happily agree and support his show of affection to my ward.  He may lack the tail and the crest of a true merman, Lukas, but he has earned his right to be a part of this flock."  he looked squarely at the king.  "What you do from here, is your choice, but understand this.  You can come with your armies and you can try and force your rule, but you will never conquer the Spire.  Your vast numbers mean nothing to the currents here and your lack of respect shows only your own agenda.  You will lose Lukas, know that."  He then turned back to Syrenne and bowed his head slightly to her.

"My dearest toula."  He said with tenderness, "You are safe here and you are loved.  Speak what you feel and never fear the truth."  He then turned to Merlin and bowed his head slightly again, "Allow the king to speak his final piece and wait.  Syrenne will make the right choice and I will stand by her, as will you."  he turned back to Lukas and waited for the reply as etiquette demanded......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Curiosity Killed The Catfish  R/rated - Page 5 Empty Re: Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

Post by questor Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:13 am

Lukus' eyes blazed with anger and hatred. He was being belittled by the these simpletons, outlanders, mere peasants. The old advisor looked about the room with a nervousness. How he wished that the Kings's mother had indeed come with them. She had a way of speaking that would have put the people of the Spire in a different frame of mind. The young king was not one for making speeches or making deals with others. That was for those that had the gilded toung and could say the right thing at the right time.

Merlin was even more taken aback at the old female that had turned her back on him a few days earlier. She now accepted him as one of them and acknowledged him. Then he listened to Hector speak and he smiled. Hector would have made a fine King, one that the people would love and obey without question. He cared about the people and his home. He served the people and not the other way around like the King ruled.

When he finished speaking the two gifts were laid before Syrenne as everyone awaited the Kings final say. One could see his was fuming, and was wanting to say something back at Hector. Perhaps threats, an ultimatium or something. He knew that he was not in a good position to do much or sway the council. But there was one way out and if he could pull it off Syrenne would have no choice but to pair with him. The General had trained him well in the art of combat so he thought himself more then able to do it.

He turned to Hector and then he looked at Merlin. "As per the law of all our people, no matter where they be. Should there be two that desires a Maid, either may envoke the Right Of Combat to settle the matter. The Maid must then accept the winner, with out question. I Challange the one called Merlin for the right to pair with the Maid Syrenne!"

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:42 am

The hall fell into silence as Lukas called out his right to challenge Merlin for Syrenne's affections.  Such a challenge hadn't been made for many years and when such a thing did happen, Hector had found a peaceful resolution instead between the mermen.  The old guardian couldn't see this happening this time though and felt his gut sink to his fins.  Law was law and even in the outlands, it was one law that had never been broken.  He turned to Merlin with worry in his eyes.  If Lukas was anything like his father, he was well trained in close combat.  This showed in Hector's eyes as he regarded Merlin.  "The Rights of Combat have been challenged to you, Merlin, son of John.  The victor will claim what would be rightfully his.  The loser forfeits his life or territories and all rights to the maid."  He said sadly, "Do you accept?"

"No!"  Shouted a voice.  It was Syrenne.  She shot from her chair and came to Hector.  She bent her tail back and all but knelt before Hector.  "Please!"  She begged quietly, "Pappa, please.  Please don't allow this, I beg of you."  She leaned right over and put her head to his tail fins with her hands around his ankle.  She knew in her heart that Lukas would not honour a fair fight and she had never seen Merlin fight so she feared he would lose.  And if that happened, not only would she be forfeit, but Merlin's life would be too and she couldn't stand to imagine the horrors Lukas would inflict on her friend.  "I beg of you, my guardian, my keeper, please find another way."  Her voice dropped to a faint whisper so only he and perhaps Merlin could hear.  "Lukas will not honour a fair fight, Pappa.  I could not bear for Merlin's life to be the property of such a male.  Please Pappy."  And she wept quietly against Hector's tail.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:38 am

Merlin was about to answer Hector when Syrenne moved and began to beg Hector to find another way. He also knew that the so called King most likely would not honor such a law if he was defeated and not killed. He had already showed what kind of person he was by having Syrenne taken by force.

He stepped forward and placed a hand on Syrenne's head. "Do not be afraid for me." He then turned to the General. The look on his face told Merlin, even though he followed the Kings orders, he was a man of honor, he gave Merlin a nod. "Since I have been challanged, it is my right to choose the weapon for combat." He reached down and pulled his doubled edged knife from its sheath, strapped to his lower leg. He could not see anything like it among the soldiers, General, or Lukus himself. "I choose this as the weapon." he held it up and then used his wrist com to have another brought to the door of the great hall. A few minutes later it arrived and one of Hector's soldiers dropped it on the floor near the king and moved off.

He looked back at Syrenne and Hector. "I am not a novice at close combat. My father ensured that I was trained by the best in many weapons and styles of combat." To Syrenne, "I have been challanged. How would it look if I refused. I have been excepted by your people as one of you, as one of the Spire. I not only fight for my honor, but yours and that of the Spire."

He then turned to face the king and moved towards him, his knife held blade down and back to the wrist, his elbow slightly bent and his other arm streched out a bit his hand palm flat facing the King. The king looked down at the knife then at Merlin. He liked his lips and picked it up, holding it with the blade up. He looked at the General. He had not been taught the use of anything like it. The trident, spear, and a form of hand to hand combat. More of the use of the body to try and get an advantage and get behind your opponent and in a strangle hold.

The General looked at Lukus his face a blank to read. He motioned with a hand towards Merlin. The challenge had been made and accepted. Lukus now had to fight or lose everything without Merlin doing anything.

Merling slowly began to move around Lukus. He kept an eye on Lukus, tail as he knew that it could be used as a powerful weapon. He turned his free hand, palm facing him and moved his fingers towards him, a smile on his lips. Lukus moved slowly forward. He was still confident in his other training and he figured Merlin had never saw mermen use their tails as a weapon.

When he got close enough but out of the range of the arms of Merlin, he used his tail to strike out at Merlin. Merlin's feet were planted on the floor of the Great Hall and when he saw the tail of Lukus move he pushed off up and and forward, bringing his knife across the chest of the King. Blood ozzed from the wound mixing with the water. Lukus cried out in pain and surprize.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:22 am

As Merlin accepted the challenge and stepped down to the main floor, the other merfolk backed off and made a circle around the two males.  This would ensure the fight was not interrupted or interfered with.  Hector remained on the platform to keep Syrenne back should she try and stop the fight.  "He will be fine."  He promised.  And no sooner had it started, Merlin made the first strike and Hector nodded in approval.  He hugged Syrenne close and pointed it out.  "You see?"  he said quietly.  Syrenne shuddered against Hector and turned her face into his chest so she didn't have to watch.  She listened instead as various merfolk began to cheer and goad the fight on......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:24 pm

The two began to circle each looking for an opening. Lukus used his tail a few times more, succeding in hitting Merlin and knocking him back. But Lukus did not go unscathed. He had two more nasty cuts, another on his chest and one to his right arm. Merlin had somewhat of an advantage, he had two legs and feet he could use and he did. He could launch himself off the floor of the Great hall or from it's walls or ceiling.

Lukus had no idea of how to use the knife except to try and stick Merlin with its pointed tip. This he found very difficult to do. Merlin could see a tint of fear in Lukus' eyes as the fight went on. But with a powerful move of his tail, Lukus sent an under water surge at Merlin that made him duck. At the same time Lukus moved quickly and got behind Merlin and got him in a strangle hold, the knife forgotten all together. "Now I have you surface dweller." as he tried to strangle Merlin.

Normally in that situation, Merlin would use his elbows to hit his opponets ribs and cause pain till the hold was losened. But under water that was not very useful as the arms were slowed. But Merlin was not finished yet. Moving his head forward some he jerked it back hard. The back of his head met Lukus nose, mouth and and forehead. Pain and dizziness swept through Lukus head and he invoulntarily lossened his grip. Merlin slipped from the grip and got behind the dazed Lukus and quickly had the blade of his knife against Luku's throat, cutting into the flesh just where the Main artery was, as well as grabbing the arm with the knife and twisting it behind Lukus' back. "One swift cut and you will not live but a few seconds more. Do you yield?"

Everyone around them could see the fear in Lukus' eyes. There was but one thing he could do if he wanted to live and somehow kill Merlin. "I yield." he spat out. That being said Merlin released him and pushed him away from him. As he turned to look at Syrenne, Lukus grabbed a trident from one of the stunned guards and went to stab Merlin in the back. But the General's found its mark before Lukus' could. Merlin heard Lukus cry out and turned quickly to see the trident of the General in Lukus' back.the prongs protruding from his chest.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:26 pm

The fight was definitely worth seeing for most of the crowd in the hall, but for one person, it was too much to watch.  Syrenne kept her face pressed into Hector's chest, not daring to look.  All around, merfolk cheered and jeered for their champion, but needless to say, the cheers for Lukas were barely above a whisper considering the company.  Holding Syrenne tight, Hector went through everything that Merlin did, hissing in pain for the injuries he received and cheering with joy at his successful strikes.  The fight had to end though and applause erupted as Lukas yielded.

Syrenne was finally able to let go of her guardian then and clapped with joy as he turned to face her.  She made to go to him, but before she made it off the platform, she saw the trident and screamed.  Hector grabbed at the maid to pull her back, but then the king's own guard turned on him and another shout erupted.  This time from the king himself.  The hall fell into silence once more.

All watched in silence as Lukas died on his own general's trident.  Slowly, he pitched forward and floated to the floor and Syrenne stared in both shock and horror.  As for the general himself, he could barely believe what he'd done.  He'd killed his king!  Hector knew he had to step in quickly and moved down the platform at great speed to the merman.  What he would say, he didn't know.  Nothing like this had ever happened before.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Merlin watched as the body of Lukus floated in the water, the shocked look still on his face. The whole room was quiet now. Hector came down quickly towards the General. The look of horror on his face at what he had done soon faded and he brought himself erect. As Hector and Merlin reached him he looked at both. He squared his shoulders and spoke.

"I trained and supported him for the few years he held power. I obeyed his orders with out question, because that was my duty as a soldier and the commander of his army." He looked at Hector. Then to Merlin. "You fought with courage and honor, skill and determination. You won the fight. You could have killed him if you wanted but you let him live and he dishonored the Challange by trying to kill you after he yeild.

Once he yielded he lost. Therefore he forfeited not only what he owned and himself but his claim to the throne as well. He ceased to be my King." What he did next shocked even Merlin. Equivalent to a kneeling position the General bowed low, leaning on the haft of his trident, bowing his head low. "You now have the right to claim what was once his. If you will allow it, I will serve you as I once did him." he looked up at Syrenne, "As well as the rightful ruler of all our people."

At that Merlin was a lost for words. But he went to the General and told him. "You do not have to "Kneel", before me. "You are a General and the Commander of an army." he looked over at Hector not know what to do or say.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Hector looked stunned for a moment or two.   It took that long for it all to sink in.  He nodded in respect as the general regarded him and then turned and bowed to Merlin.  And of course, when Merlin all but told the general to get off his knee, Hector offered a small smirk.  "Actually,"  Hector said with a small pat on Merlin's back, "He kind of does."  He nodded to the general who then got back up and backed away with his head high in pride.  Behind him, the council and then Hector's own guard did exactly the same thing.  In fact, the only ones who didn't bow were hector and Syrenne.

Hector smiled as Syrenne swam to Merlin and hugged him.  He was proud of both her and of Merlin.  "OK, everyone out!"  He called, "Allow Merlin to absorb and understand what has happened."  They all did and within minutes, the three were alone.  Hector waited until the hall was completely empty and he turned back to Merlin.  "Well done, my boy!"  He said with another clap on Merlin's back, "And what a shocker for a day, hmm?"  He offered Merlin a seat and then sat nearby.  Syrenne went about fishing through the gifts and trinkets left behind.

Hector looked to Merlin a little more seriously now.  "The loser of a challenge forfeits his life and his territories to the victor mercy."  He explained.  "You are the victor of the challenge and Lukas was the loser.  In winning the fight, Merlin, you took not only Syrenne, but Lukas' crown as well.  Our ocean is now yours.  Jakar, the Spire, the shoals, everything he once ruled.  You are the king and with Syrenne by your side, the original bloodline has been restored as well.  That's quite some feat, young ground dweller."  He smiled and nodded his head to Syrenne who was still fishing through the various whatnots left from earlier.  "Look at that."  He said lovingly, "She's cast aside pretty much everything that Lukas brought with him.  Notice how she's thrown it to one side without even a care.  Even if he hadn't challenged you, she still would have spurned him in your favour."  He leaned over the table a little and smiled, "Do you still have your offering?"  he then motioned his head towards her.  "You should give it to her.  If you like, I would happily leave the two of you alone?".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:47 pm

King? Now that was something that he had not counted on. He was wanting to just have Syrenne placed on the throne as was her right. But for to be the King, he was not sure if he was up to that. He had no training in that type of thing. This was going to take time to assorb fully.

The gift he had brought was still on the steps before the throne like chair that Hector had used. Merlin nodded to it and then said. "I haven't the first notion of what to do as a King. That is something I have had no training in. What do I do?" then he looked at Hector and smiled. "Will you be my advisor and mentor in this? You have ruled here at the Spire and know what must be done." he then moved to the gift and picked it up and stood there watching Syrenne. "Syrenne." he said softly.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:20 am

Hector nodded and smiled, "There has never been training for this kind of role."  He said warmly to the man, "It is what you make of it, Merlin.  The king is essentially the role model of which other folk draw their inspiration and strength."  He beamed with pride and then and nodded, "Of course I will, my boy."  He said, "For as long as these gills draw water, I'll be there for you and for Syrenne."  He looked around the grand hall and nodded, "Indeed, I have had the pleasure of guarding the Spire and her inhabitants for many years, but this is only one small part of a wider and richer kingdom.  I will help you where and when I can, but some things, you must do on your own, or you will never truly learn what it is to be merfolk."  He smiled then as Merlin went to the platform steps and Syrenne.  Discretely, he left the hall to give the new pair some time alone.

Syrenne had just about finished rummaging through the sacks of trinkets and such that had been brought with Lukas.  Most of them, she had cast aside without thought.  They had neither use nor purpose and many of the items were common in the ocean.  There were a few bits that she put to one side to look at again later.  Most of these were ocean gems and some crystals that she hadn't seen before and one other item that had belonged to Lukas.

Syrenne held up the royal seal and turned the chain it was linked on in her hand.  The chain and the seal were solid gold.  She stared at it as it turned in her hand and thought over what had happened.  The seal was old.  It had the mark of the original bloodline on it and so technically, it was hers already.  If she was indeed Queen now, she would need it later in Jakar as proof, but she wouldn't wear it around her neck as Lukas had done.  It was never designed for that anyway.  She adjusted the chain to shorten it.  She then put it on her head.  The small seal sat neatly on her forehead as it had originally been designed to do.  The chain held it around the head like a crown with the tail end of it hanging down the back.  She had seen women wearing crowns such as this and they used the free chain to bind the hair and keep it all in place.  This she would do when she next went to Jakar.  As she carefully pulled it off again, she saw feet standing before her and looked up with a smile.

"Merlin."  She said warmly and lifted up to be level with him, but as she saw the gift, she dropped back down again slightly as was the custom for females.  She bent her tail back at the knee and put her hands to her front.  She understood what was about to happen, but she was still excited and nervous about it......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Merlin smiled at her and shook her head. "I am not sure of everything that is proper and correct." he told her. This is all so new to me and I don't want to mess things up or insult or...... I think you know what I mean. He gently reached over and pulled her up straight.

"Oh how I wish we had had more time before all of this other stuff happened. I want to learn more about you and your people, and I want to be able to show you my world. I know the answer is somewhere, how to allow you to come up on to land. It would be great to have the best of both worlds."

He caressed her face with a hand, "What is next. I feel like such a fool not knowing what to do."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:16 am

Syrenne placed her hand over his on her cheek and smiled softly.  "We have all the time in the ocean."  She told him with that same soft smile.  She shook her head slightly and then pulled her mass of blue hair into a large bunch so he could put the necklace on her.  "Some folk court for years before they perform the mating rights." 

She decided not to mention about his world just yet.  She had no doubt that the ground dwellers had the technology to make it possible for her to walk on land and perhaps later down the line, she might consider being tested on like Merlin had, but for the moment, she knew it was impossible and she would prove it to his father.  Speaking of which, she thought.

"What has your father said about us?"  She asked him carefully, "Such a pairing has never been attempted, at least not in my lifetime.  And what do you think he would say about your new kingdom?  I hope he would be proud of you.  I know Hector is."

What was to happen next, he had asked.  She smiled again, "Like I said."  She told him, "We have all the time in the ocean for us to learn and understand each other.  And I wouldn't say you were a fool, either.  Each pairing is different and unique to the pair going through it"  She moved forward and placed her hand softly on his chest.  She could feel his heart thudding in his chest.  "Do what you feel is right here."  She then touched his forehead with her other hand, "And not necessarily here."  And then suddenly, an idea struck her. 

Her smile seemed to grow and she backed up a little.  "It may not be customary, but I'd like to give you a gift.  How would you like to swim as we do?".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:06 am

"My Father?" he chuckled and smiled. "Well I told him a bit of what was going on and about you and me. He has accepted the idea." his smile was broader. He put the necklace about her neck and it looked very beautiful on her. When she asked about giving him a gift and if he would like to swim as she did, he nodded and they began to swim towards the exit of the Grand Hall.

But then it struck him, what about the General and those that came with the dead King. "Before we go, I think I need to address those that came here from Jakar. I think they would want to know what their status is now that Lukus is dead." Taking her by the hand, he lead her to where they would be waiting. He seen the General and swam up to him.

He started to bow again and Merlin stopped him. "I do not require such an honor." he said softly to him. "A simple nod of the head is all I require form one of you stature and position." he smiled. "You said you would serve me as you did Lukus." he put a hand on the General's shoulder. "I accept your offer. I want you to take those that came here with you and Lukus back to Jakar. Then send out messengers to the outlying communities. Inform them of what has happened and that I desire to speak to those like Hector. Have them come here to the Spire so I can talk to them. Then I want you to govern Jakar for me till I come there. I am sure that there will be those there that will not like hearing of the death of Lukus. Watch your back and deal with those still loyal to Lukus with a firm but fair hand."

The General squared his shoulders amd lowered his head. "It will be as you command sire." he looked over at the very nervous advisor, "What of him sire. He was sent by the mother of the dead king? She is powerful and devious."

This was the first time he he had heard anything about Lukus' mother. "Leave him here with Hector's men. "Once she finds out her son is dead, I have a feeling she will not be very happy and want revenge. You are the commander of the Army of Jakar. Try to keep the peace, I do not want a civil war among our people." Our people. Wow, he thought to himself he was already claiming the merfolk as his people.

Again the General gave his formal nod and went off to do Merlin's bidding. "Now lets get away from here, he smiled at Syrenne.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 am

Syrenne took her place at Merlin's side as he spoke to the Jakar General.  What the general said made her nervous.  She hadn't seen Lukas' mother when she went to Jakar, but she imagined the type of female she was.  If Lukas was anything to go by, his mother would be worse.  Syrenne felt a sliver of ice slide down her spine, but hid it well.  At least the general would be loyal, so that was something.  When they had finished speaking and the general had bowed sort of to Merlin, he then turned to her and did the same thing.  "I will look forward to your arrival, Sire, my Queen."  he said formally and then went about arranging the guard to transport Lukas back to his mother.

Syrenne took Merlin's hand and smiled back at him before she led him away from the holding area.  ""I'll take you to Nyssa's brother."  She said, "He is a fine craftsman."  She led him further down the Spire towards an area that seemed quite industrial.  She led him further until they reached a large niche in the rock face and Syrenne let go of Merlin for a moment.

"Thackery!"  She called, "Thackery, are you in?"  She called.
said Thackery peered out from the niche and then came out with a large hammer and a dome shaped cage.
"Syrenne?"  He asked with a smile, "What are you doing all the way down here?  Aren't you supposed to be courting?"
Syrenne smiled proudly and lifted her chin to show off Merlin's gift.
"Very nice!"  He said as he came closer.  He studied the piece with an expert eye, "Very well made.  He must have gone to a lot of trouble for you, young maid."
"More than you know."  She told her friend and then motioned Merlin forward.  "I was wondering if you might be able to help us out."  She said.
"Oh?"  Thackery asked as he regarded Merlin with a warm smile and a nod of respect.
"Would you be able to craft a tail for him?"  She asked, "I'd like to give him the chance to learn to swim as we do."
"As it happens."  Thackery said, putting the hammer and cage down on a large anvil, "I have something already made up."
"You do?"  Syrenne asked excitedly.
Thackery nodded, "Yes."  He said, "It's a prosthetic that I was working on for an old merman.  He'd split his tail a while back, but it was too slim for him."  He looked Merlin up and down quickly, "So I had to make another.  I don't know why I kept the first one, but I guess there'll be use for it after all."
"Thank you Thackery, thank you so much."  Syrenne said, "It will be a fine addition when he goes to Jakar to claim his throne."
"Yes, I heard about what happened."  He looked to Merlin and nodded his head again, "Greyold would be proud of you, Merlin, for putting his daughter back where she belongs.  You've done her bloodline a grand service."  he motioned for them to enter the niche and Syrenne smiled to Merlin.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 am

Merlin let Syrenne take him where she wanted. Soon enough they arrived at a place a distance from the Spire itself. She called out to someone named Thackery and soon a merman appeared and Syrenne made known her request. It seemed the merman had just what Syrenne was looking for and it made Merlin smile.

Word would spread throughout the communities and of course Jakar soon enough. He imagined that those in charge of these communities would be releived to find out that Lukus was dead. How they would react to who was now king, was something that would have to be seen once the Protectors as he called them, arrived.

Merlin once inside sat the prosthetic tail and swam over to it. "I have tried swiming with my legs tied together. But this might make things a bit more comfortable and increase my speed through the water." he told Syrenne and Thackery.

Back at the Central part of the Spire, the old merwoman that had once turned her back on Merlin looked at the other elders. "This one is certainly not like the other surface dwellers. Him and those that are with him on the ship above have come to learn and not destroy. The young maid Syrenne, now Queen Syrenne will pair with Merlin when they have gotten to know each other better.

"Such a thing has not been done with the two races, but there is a way if all of you are in agreement." she looked around the room and they all nodded. "Then we will provide the information to the new King of all the Merpeople. Since he is a part of both worlds, it would only be fitting if Syrenne should be able to do the same. A gift to Merlin from us, the Elders of the Spire."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:35 am

Syrenne took a back seat as it were while Thackery did what he did best.  He nodded at Merlin in understanding as he explained he'd tried to swim with his legs together before.  "I doubt this would feel like that."  He said as he measured Merlin up for the prosthetic.  "It might feel a little weird as your whole lower body will be bound, not just your limbs and you'll need to adjust where to exude the power to make yourself go and where you need to bend to turn."  Once he'd finished measuring Merlin, he collected the tail and measured that.  Most of the measurements lined up nicely, but he considered the fins a little short.  Merlin was quite tall and had long arms.

Using his measuring stick and tape, he measured everything another time and then opened it out for Merlin to slide it on.  "Once you've got it past your knee, you're best sliding yourself into it."  He explained.  The head of the tail would sit just below his ribs, which was where the tail began on an average merman.  "Head to heel, you're just over six feet, so I'll have to adjust the fins to match.  The merman I made this for was a few inches shorter.  Hold out your arm for me."  He measured the arm length again and nodded.  "I'll add another layer of shale to it to lengthen it."  he then went away to collect and adjust what he needed.

Syrenne smiled at Merlin and nodded her approval.  The slight dark colour of the tail would match his tone, but it would look much better without the wetsuit.  This she knew though, wouldn't be beneficial to him as he was still warm blooded.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:05 am

Merlin flexed his legs and moved the tail up and down, testing it. It felt strange but he was sure that he could get use to it. It would definately be one way to learn some more about his people. His people he thought. He was already thinking of the merpeople as his own. That made him smile.

You know I completely forgot to let my father know what has happened." he looked up suddenly. As he waited he got got a hold of his anxious father on the ship. The men that had came down to help out Hector's had returned to the ship and others had took their place. There had been word of something happening but no one on the ship knew what. He would have loved to have told his father in person to see the look on his face. His voice told him it would have been priceless to see.

"King of the Merpeople." his father said in a wonder like voice. "I knew you were bound for greatness, but never this." his father laughed. Then he stopped and got serious. "You know that you are going to have to talk to our leaders up here. Make some sort of treaty that will help protect them form those that will wish to strip every resource they can from the ocean floor."

"I know father. As soon as I can make sure that everything down here is secure and all accept me as their king now. I have some ideas on things that will help keep those on the surface from bothering them. But I have to talk to all the leaders of the communities down her about it first."

When he was done talking with his father, he turned to Syrenne and explained what they had talked about. He let her know that he was thrilled, happy and surprised at what had happened. Also that his father was getting in contact with his contacts in the government to set up talks. "I don't want those from the surface that want what is here disturbing our people. Arrangements can be made that will get what they want without even coming down here. Now where did your friend get off to. I want to try this tail out and see what I can do."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:10 am

Syrenne almost beamed with pride at the match of the tail thus far and when he tried to move it, it seemed almost natural to him.  Then he began speaking to his father in that strange way he did.  The conversation was obviously a very happy one for she could hear the tone in Merlin's voice.  It was confirmed as he explained what he'd said and what his father had said back.  She nodded with a wide smile.  "I'll let Hector know so he can make the arrangements."  She said softly.

As Merlin asked where Thackery had gotten to, the merman appeared as if on cue with the adjusted tail.  It was huge compared to the first version, but Merlin was taller.  From the joint to the tip of the fin measured exactly one and a half times the length of his arm as it should.  He came forward and began attaching the fins to the tail.  "This should give you the power to keep up."  He said, "And without the black blubber you're wearing, it would be a perfect match in tone too.  I know that you're mammal so you need the blubber, but perhaps I can find you some that's the same colour?"  Thackery then smiled and backed up to let Merlin slide into the tail.  "If you need any help, just yell."  He said and then disappeared into the back of the niche for something.

Syrenne remained sat where she was and smiled proudly at Merlin's new tail.  "If that was as real as it looks."  She told him, "Every female that saw you would swoon over you."  She then grinned, "What a shame for them."  She fingered the necklace tenderly and then finally came over to him in case he needed any help......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 am

Thackery put the final touches onto the tail and again he put it on and moved his body with it. The water churned a bit and he could feel the movement. "Well I guess now is as good enough time to try it out." Using his arms to raise himself up some he moved his body slowly to mimic what he had seen the merpeople do.

At first it was a bit of trial and error type thing, but he quickly got the hang of it once he got out of the dwelling and into open water. Now he had room to fully use the tail and fins. He began slowly, moving forward, then in circles, up and down. It was a lot different then using both his legs and feet. He was going to have to get use to it. His muscles would be sore for a bit he knew. "Best not over do it the first day." he chuckled. "I will probably be sore in the morning."

But he kept the tail on until they returned to the Spire and he was able to take it off. "Thank you." he told Syrenne and gently pulled her to him and gently kissed her lips.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Syrenne helped where she could until they left the niche in the rock face and then once in open water, she watched how Merlin used his new tail.  He looked a little clumsy and unsure of himself to begin with and it reminded her of spawn on their first outings as they tried to figure out what to do with a limb that for all intent and purpose had a mind of its own.

After a while, he seemed to grasp the basics of it, but Syrenne knew he would be aching later, a fact which he seemed happy to tell her verbally.  Eventually, they made to round the Spire far enough that they reached her own little niche in the rock.  She led him into the small but comfortable space and then moved back as he wiggled back out of the tail.  He thanked her and then came to her and put his lips to hers.

At first, she wasn't too sure of why he did that.  Kissing like this was usually reserved for those already completely paired, but deep down, she felt thrilled that he had.  As they kissed, she could feel the water they breathed being pushed back and forth between their lips and she sighed softly into it.  She put her hand tenderly to his cheek for a moment and then carefully pulled back.  She smiled warmly at him and then took her hand from his cheek and lifted his hand.  She put them both palm to palm.

With their hands together, it was clear to see slight webbing she had between her fingers that helped her move and turn and the long slender fingers with the small pointed nails that helped her grip prey and rocks and the like.  Her skin, though tough scales, was incredibly smooth to the touch and she noted the same in the skin of his hands and upper face.  She could feel roughness around his lower face and around his jaw and she cocked her head slightly.  She'd felt it on her lips and under her palm when she'd touched his cheek.  It was curious.  She looked more closely and touched the roughness again, finding individual spikes in his actual skin that had the same colouring as his eyebrows and his hair.  Merfolk males didn't have this.  "How strange."  She mused quietly as she ran her fingertips over his lower face, "What is this?".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:02 pm

He chuckled as she felt his face and made a comment about it.  "That is what we call a beard.  Well the beginning of one.  Men on the surface have facial hair besides it on the head and other parts of the body.  It gets kind of rough when it begins growing out, especially if one keeps cutting it down to the skin every day."  It was an annoying thing but one got use to it.

He had noticed that none of the mermen had beards nor hair on their chests or arms.  He guessed it would not be something that would be good under water.

The next couple of days, Merlin went back up to the ship and down to the Spire.  He swam around with the tail that had been fashioned.  He got use to it and found he could swim quite fast.  One of the first things he did was to show it to Hector to see his reaction.  He saw the elders about and they looked at him with surprise and smiles.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:18 pm

(co-post)

Two days past and quickly and before Syrenne knew it, the whole community knew about Merlin's new tail.  Most were pleased while others seemed confused.  It got Thackery some new work, that was for sure.  When Hector saw it, he beamed with pride and went to the 'merman' quickly, "Now you really look like you belong."  He said before looking him over in more detail.  "But you could match your colouring a little better I think.  With a different blubber on your ribs, you'd never guess at all."......

Merlin smiled and then sighed.  "Yes I feel like I belong, but yet I wish I could show Syrenne my worlld as she has been showing me hers.  I will be here alot I think but I can't have my father and the crew setting above forever.  I have told him to go back to the mainland and I will keep in contact, they will be leaving here tonight."  then he brought up the subject of Lukus' mother.  "She will not be happy about what has happened I am sure.  From what I have been told she is a powerful person in Jakar."

Hector moved to the platform and sat on his chair, "I'm sure Syrenne would love to go with you to land, but she just can't.  She's a pure blood."  That belied more to the myth than before.  He nodded at the ship leaving and him staying.  That was good as there was much work to do.  When Merlin then mentioned Illithia, he felt a shudder go up and then down his spine.  "She's more than powerful."  he said coldly, "In the old days, there wasn't another maid more devious and manipulative than she was.  I doubt very much she's lessened her edge.".....

"I would not want to be there when the body of Lukus is returned.  I hope the General can handle himself with her."  It probably was not going to be a pretty picture, and the General basicly was the govenor now of Jakar and if he had to place her under arrest if necessary to keep the peace and from her trying to start a civil war.  Then he told him what he had planned.  "When the delegates arrive I will tell them that Lukus' orders are null and void.  That they can stay where they are if they like.  That I want only a representative from their community to advise me on that is going on there and if they need anything.  I do not believe that the people serve the king to provide him with possessions, but that I serve them to make sure that they are provided for.  Their leaders like you, rule the communities.  I will rule over them to bring them together when the need arises.  Together I think we can come up with necesarry laws and such that would benifit everyone.  What do you think?

Hector nodded, it sounded well thought out and wise.  "That's good."  he said honestly, then looked to Syrenne, who seemed happy to curl an anemone tendril around her finger at the table.  "And Syrenne?"  he asked, "Where would she come into this"?....

"I think she should be there to add her thoughts in the matter.  She is the Queen of all the merpeople.  She has as much to say on how things goes as I.  A womans advice is always good.  Especially when the hot temper of men flare up."  He wanted Syrenne to be a part of everything, especially ruling the merpeople.

Hector nodded again before looking back at his ward.  "Understandable."  He said, "Until it's her that causes the fight."  He laughed and then shook his head.  "Speaking of a merman's hot temper."  he mused, "How is the courting coming?".....

Merlin laughed.  "I think it goes well, we are getting to know each other.  But I still am not sure on if we are going to be able to do what has to be done.  I have been told that such a thing has never been done between our kind.  You said she is a pureblood and can't change.  I take it that you know of what I have been hoping for, but even if I found the information it would do no good."

Hector pursed his thin lips somewhat before taking a deep gillful of water and blowing it back out again.  "It hasn't been done for a very long time, no."  he admitted, "But it has been done.  There were some cases many, many years ago of a pod of females that were impregnated by ground dwellers and they spawned.  They could change and walk on land for brief periods, or so the gossip said."  he looked to Syrenne again, "By pure blood, what I mean to say is that her bloodline comes from the very first of our kind, the ones that actually evolved from the land when our world first began to sink.  It was said that one born of both Jakar and Atlantis was the first to show the mutation and live permenantly in the water.  A union that obviously, was considered an act of derision."  He shook his head, "But who am I to know the details?  All I do know is that when she was still spawn, she misjudged the current and when she hit teh rock, she broke her ankle.  Had she two, I'm sure her tail would not have been hanging limp for nearly an entire migration."......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:56 am

That was not what Merlin was wanting to hear. It defeated his whole plan for the two of them. It was also going to be hard on him going back and forth. For he still had his responsibilities on the surface as well. As for what Hector told him about a pod of females mating with humans, that was still only a story, a myth. There would also have been stories or the like on the surface as well. But there was none. This worried Merlin a lot.

In Jakar, Lukus' mother went into a rage hearing what had happened to her son. She killed several servents in her rage and before the General could take her into custody, she escaped with a group of loyal supporters. The General, Akbar, made sure that his family was secured and proceeded to bring order back to the city, keeping in mind Merlin's orders.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:21 am

Hector could see the defeat in Merlin's face and came back out of his chair and went to him.  "I know this is not what you wished to hear."  He said sadly, "And I think Syrenne would love an opportunity to quell her curiosity about the above world.  Apart from the odd story and our historical tales, and maybe a few sightings once in a while, she only knows what she's been told.  The chance to find out the truth, I think would surely inspire her.  As it would any of us."  He patted Merlin's shoulder with his large hand.

"But your father is a great scientist, is he not?"  The old merman smiled somewhat not.  "Have you asked Syrenne if she would be willing to have tests and such done to her?  It is that after all, that has brought you to us in the first place."  He smiled then and patted Merlin's shoulder again.  He then turned around to find Syrenne gone and he looked around quickly.  "Now where did she go this time?"

High above, Syrenne broke the surface and looked around.  The currents were strong today, telling her that the seasons were beginning to change.  Soon, the migrations would begin as the whales made their way south for the winter.  It would be time for the hunting to begin that would see them through the worst of the season.  The storms would come soon too, making the Spire completely inaccessible from the surface.  It would be a dangerous time for everyone.

Moving to an outcrop of rock, Syrenne began to haul herself out of the water.  The air was still warm and the sun above was still hot on her scales, but she shook off the discomfort.  The wind kicked up, drying her hair some.  Once she was completely out of the water, she used her tail to brace and turn on the rock and she looked out over the ocean.  The scales on her tail began to sparkle as they dried and it gave the appearance of pale blue diamonds, or perhaps tanzanite.  The air was warm in her lungs and she closed her gills tightly.  Drawing her tail up, she traced the edges around the smooth scales and wondered what it would be like to be like Merlin.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next