The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

2 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Curiosity Killed The Catfish  R/rated - Page 10 Empty Re: Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

Post by LadyRaven Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Syrenne turned her head as Merlin called out to her and thenc ame to her.  A quick check of the hole confirmed his idea and when he drew his blade, she looked around cautiously.  "What is it?"  She asked quietly.  She couldn't see anything and in the shallow water with so much light, anything that wished to creep up on them would have a very hard job of it.....

"Our two guards that have always been around us.  At a disgreat distance at times but there, out here they should be with in sight at least."  They had a good distance they could see but he still did not like it.

Syrenne furrowed her brow, unaware that they had been followed so closely since being back at the Spire.  And indeed, Merlin was right.  Surely they would have been spotted by now, but they were truly alone.  "I'm sure it's nothing."  She said, playing down the paranoia.  "Besides, if anyone did attack, we can make the shoal.  The water is far too shallow to attack and there's a beach less than a mile away, we could simply walk out and stay until it's safe again.  Stop panicking, my love, we're fine.".....

He didn't want anything to happen to her. Even being able to get out of the wather and walk on land seemed inadeqate.  Especially since their retreat could be cut off.  Since her friend did not seem to be home, he took her gently by the elbow and again searching around him, began slowly moving.  That is when he saw it.  It was painted to virtually be invisable in water.  He stopped and pointed to the keel of the ship.

Syrenen was about to protest his continuing paranoia when she suddenly stopped and pointed up.  At first, she didn't really see much beyond a weird shadow, but as it moved, she realised what it was and suddenly went rigid.  "That's not one of yours, is it."  she said quietly.....

"No it is not.  We would never paint our hulls like that.  That ship evidently knows that there are Merfolk and want to try and be invisable to them."  He looked about more and slowly swam towards something else in the water.  it was a rope, again painted to look like water.  it went down to the floor of the shallows and he followed it down. He snarled as he found what it was attached to and moved back to Syrenne.  "A net to catch any that would cross over it.  We need to get to deeper water and go up to have a look."

Syrenne followed Merlin as he began to follow the line of an oddly painted rope.  Clearly, these people really didn't want to be seen here.  That was not good at all.  When he said they needed to be in deeper water, she didn't hesitate and quickly swam away in another direction slightly away from the ship.  The ground tailed away sharply and Syrenne stopped to turn back around.  From here, she could see the ship more clearly now and the net that laid on the sea floor.  "I don't like this at all, Merlin."  She said cautiously....

Merlin slowly made his way to the surface and barely lifted his head out of the water.  He took a good look at the ship and knew right away what it was.  The men on the deck of the ship were not all sailors.  Many carried guns and looked to be dressed in black military style clothing.  He came back down and looked at Syrenne.  "It is an Driller Ship.  Designed to drill holes in the ocean floor to take core samples or to drill holes down to get at oil.  The only ones with such ships are the corporations that survided our wars."  One of them had found out the results of his father's studies of the ocean floor.  Before they had found the Merfolk, now his people.  "Come we must talk to Hector immediately."

Syrenne felt her heart jump into her throat and then sink down to her gut.  She felt sick.  In response to this, she put her hands to her stomach and nodded with wide eyes, "Immediately!"  She breathed, "Oh Merlin, do you think they know we are here?"  The idea utterly terrified her.  Just then, a thundering sound began to envelop them and she covered her ears in pain and shock.  The ship had started their engines and it was this that reverberated around them now, much like tapping on a fish tank.....

Merlin was use to the sounds of engines in the water.  He quickly took Syrenne by the arm and dove deeper down.  He saw the sand from the floor of the ocean puff up as the neets were raised and the ship began to move to another location.    "They are taking samples from various areas."  Now he guided them back towards the Spire and Hector.  First inform Hector of what was going on and then to the island to call his father and let him know.  He could get intouch with the government and see about getting help.  If there was one ship there would be more.  On the way they met up with their two guards and Damus.  Both guards had been wounded by the soldiers on the ship.   They had surfaced to see what the strange ship was and was fired upon.

Syrenne cried in both pain and panic as Merlin led her back to the Spire and it wasn't long before her worst fears were confirmed.  The two guards and Damus included were all hurt.  They had been seen.  At this, she all but left Merlin behind as she raced for the grand hall.  Hector was tehre already and dealing with the panic.  He got up quickly when he saw Syrenne and went to her just as quickly.  The pair hugged as Syrenne cried on his shoulder.....

Merlin arrived shortly after, helping Damus with the two guards.  They were not seriously wounded.  The bullets had passed clean through their shoulders with out hitting bone or doing real damage.  That Merlin was thankful for.  "I see news of the strange ship has already reached you."  he told Hector.  "These are not men like my father and his crew, and most of the surface dwellers.  They are greedy men thaat will stop at nothing to get what they want."  He moved up to the throne and looked at everyone and called out.  "Be calm my people, be calm.  They are at a distance from the Spire.  Right now we must keep our distance but keep a watch on them."  he then turned to Hector.  "I must get in touch with my father and get some help.  In the mean time I need messengers sent out to Jakar and the closest communities to send soldiers here."

Hector nodded and listened as Merlin made a speech to the merfolk.  "That means everyone stay close to the Spire.  No venturing out anywhere until the vessel has left our waters."  he nodded again to Merlin's request, "I've already sent out a messenger to the shoals merfolk and another to Jakar.  The fokl on the shoals don't have anything they can send us, so I've simply warned them.  Your commander in Jakar will no doubt send a guard to help us.  In the meantime, I would suggest you all get going.  I can't have them capture you or Syrenne.".....

Merlin nodded.  He turned to Syrenne and said.  "You stay here with Hector.  Damus and I will go to the island."  He took her into his arms again and held her to him.  "You are safer here."  he motioned to Damus and the two of them took off.  Damus would be alright in the waters of the inlet and if what Hector had said was true all he had to do was touch land and he would begin changing back to his human form.

Syrenne made no objection and neither did Hector.  "Don't be too long."  He said, "My scouts said the ship was turning not too long ago and heading this way.  I'm hoping the currents will steer them around us, but I know this vessel is made of metal, so a crash on the rocks wouldn't sink it.  If they get too close, I'm ordering everyone down into the mines until they've gone."....

Merlin nodded and then was gone.  The two of them swam hard.  Merlin knew that Damus would be able to keep up with him.  He figured that the two of them were the fastest of the whole comunity.  They made it to the island and Merlin emerged from the water.  As was told to him as soon as his fins touched the sand at the waters edge he began to change.  He quickly ran to the tent and fired up the radio.

While Merlin shifted and ran up the beach, Damus kept guard under the water.  He didn't see anything, but he could hear the engines of the vessel.  He turned his head as he followed the sound between checking the beach behind.  Suddenly though, the engines changed their tune, telling him that the vessel had turned and he lifted his head above the waves a little.  It was heading directly for the Spire.  "Merlin?"  he said, then raised his voice a little, "Merlin!  The vessel!  It's heading right for them!"  And indeed it was.  At the opening of the mines, Hector was getting as many into the caves as he could.  There was no time for a count of everyone, but he didn't see anyone lingering.  As he turned to enter the caves also, he noticed that Syrenne was not with him.  "Syrenne?"  he turned about, "Syrenne!"  He darted from the caves to find Syrenne caught in a hook net.  She had been helping one of the Elders who had managed to escape the net.  Before he reached her, the net was drawn up at great speed, far faster than he could manage and she was gone.  "Syrenne!"....

Merlin got his father and explained what was going on.  "Well be there with in the hour."  his father's vocie came.  "Sending word to my contacts in the government.  Hopefully they will be able to send troops and ships."  Merlin acknowleged and then grabed his spear gun and spears along with his own long knife.  He ran to the water and dove in, his body changing immediately.  He swam back to the Spire as fast as he could.

The very second Syrenne and the net disappeared above the waves, the ship began to move off at speed.  Even Merlin and Damus couldn't keep up with it.  "Syrenne!"  Hector called, giving chase to the wake anyway, "Syrenne!"  He kept going for as long as he could and until he reached the 100 league marker, but then he had to stop.  He struggled for breath as his gills flared.  "Syrenne!"  Back at the Spire, the others began to emerge from the mines and take in what had just happened.  Their queen had been taken, but it was more than that.  Their friend, sister had been taken from them by the vessel.  All were in shock and many of the females began to wail their sadness and anger.  The sound of it easily reached Merlin and Damus, who was quick to pick up the pace.  "Oh no!"  Damus said, "They're wailing.  This is not good!"......

Merlin's heart was pounding as he surged forward again and reached the Spire.  Here he learned what had happened.  His sharp teeth gashed together and he growled out his rage.  He learned the direction the ship had taken and he set out in the same direction, with Damus beside him.  "What can we do.  They have her on their ship."  Merlin looked over at him, "Leave that to me."  he told him.  On the way they met up with Hector.  "We will find them and bring her back."  he told the old merman.  Then they were off again.  An hour later he heard his father on the wrist communicator he still wore.  "We are approaching your position.  We stopped at the island and retrieved the sands you left there."  with in minutes the painted hull of his father's ship appeared and he swam up.  Helping hands helped him and Damus up onto the deck.  Once on deck Merlin changed.  His father stood there, eyes wide and mouth opened.  Merlin looked over at Damus.  "Want to see what it feels like to have legs."

Damus was more concerned with Syrenne on the other ship, "I don't care."  He said as his tail flapped around on the wooden deck, "Just so long as we get Syrenne back!"  On the metal vessel, Syrenne was quickly hauled up and over teh side and while still dripping, she was dropped into a tank of sea water on the main deck for all to see.  she didn't have the chance to get her legs.  The tank was quickly sealed as the ship turned against the current and made for land.  All around, she saw scientists taking notes and measurements of her.  She tried to bang against the sides of the tank, hoping to topple it or something, but it was bolted metal to metal.  She was going nowhere.  "Merlin!"  She cried, "Let me go!"  Of course, they didn't understand her at all and started laughing as they listened to her cries.  "She's quite a specimin."  One said to the other, "She'll make a fine addition, I'm sure."  said another, "What do you think she's saying?"  The first shrugged his shoulders, "Don't know, don't care."  he said.....

"We will get her back."  Merlin said with determination.  "But to make this easier, you need to be able to survive out of the water for a period of time.  The sun was setting so he would have to be back in the water by dawn.  By then he hopped to have caught up to the other ship.  He went to the lab on the ship and took a few grains of the sand and came back and sprinkled them on Damus.  "As my advisor and brother, you are going to have to get use to this I think."  This was the first time he had told Damus of his new station.

Damus shuddered as he felt teh sharp sands scatter over his thick scales.  He felt them begin to burn through and saw a light begin to glow from them.  However, unlike for Merlin and Syrenne, Damus felt a lot of pain in his change and cried out with it.  As the light flashed and then faded, the last of his tail split and he was left with two legs, but he was bleeding at the ankles a little.  "Woah!"  He said and then winced as the last wound healed, "That's nasty!"  On the other ship, everything was set to get back to land as quickly as possible.  While Syrenne continued to panic and get out, the crew made ready to have her transfered, tank and all onto a truck and taken away.  They would hit land in only a few hours, but they remained on high guard.  By the look of the mermaid they had, she ranked high judging by the jewelery around her neck and head.  Calls were made and confirmed and all the shile, Syrenne still didn't know what was happening......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Curiosity Killed The Catfish  R/rated - Page 10 Empty Re: Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

Post by questor Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 am

Merlin's father and the crew stood wide eyed and slacked jaw when Damus transformed. "This is amazing." his father said. "How was it you were able to transform without the sand."

Merlin placed a hand on his father's shoulders. "Because of you and your experiments. The one you took DNA from was a purebread meerman. They were able to change like that. I am not sure of it all there is a couple of merfolk that probably could explain it all."

He then went to Damus and helped him up. "You are going to have to get use to your legs and quickly. Especially if we catch up with the other ship" The Sea Maiden was a fast ship, and his father had ever scrap of canvas raised to make the best possible speed.

"They will have to pass by the Deadly Reefs if they hold their course. If we can but get them close to them, where they can not turn away......" his father said

Merlin nodded. The Sea Maiden was not a helpless ship as well. There were pirates out there on the seas, attacking shiping as they had a long time ago. The Sea Maiden was outfited with torpedo tubes in her bow. If they could make it where the other ship could not turn away, one torpedo would rip her hull open. He then helped Damus to begin walking, steadying him as he took his first steps.

From above in the crows nest came a mans voice, "Below, ship ahead. We be gaining on her."

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:11 am

Damus remained a little unsure about his new legs as Merlin helped him up.  At first, he managed to lock his knees to stop them folding beneath him, but then something very familiar happened.  It had happened to Syrenne at first.  Once up, he overbalance and hit the deck face first.  Only this time, it wasn't soft sand or the soft canvas base of a tent, it was solid wood.  Damus' fingers quickly went to his lip where he discovered he was bleeding.  Once up again, Damus started reaching for things to hang on to as he watched the others walk around.  He learned quickly, but he was still very unsteady as he was taken below decks to get kitted out.

Far in front, the Driller ship was carefully navigating the reefs.  The metal hull had been reinforced, but one never knew with coral.  The captain took his time in working his way through them, but then looked up and out as he heard a warning called from above.  "Astern!!"  The shout said loudly, "Canvas sails!  Coming this way fast!"  In reply, the captain saluted the watchman and turned to his navvy.  "We need a quicker way out."  He said to the man, "Either we have competition, or the fish woman has some friends.  I don't fancy being caught and cornered by them."
The navvy quickly checked the charts, "30 degrees starboard, Captain."  He said and watched as the wheel was turned and the compass responded.  "10 aft."  The wheel was turned again.  "40 starboard."
"But that's taking us off the course."  The Captain said.
"You wanted a quick way out."  The navvy told him, "And the ship behind will still have to navigate before they can follow."
The Captain turned the wheel again and the ship moved through into deeper water.  "Engines!"  He called to behind him, "Full spead ahead!" 
"Engines, full speed ahead!"  The engineer called back and the ship roaded away from the reefs.

Not long after the little detour, a company lawyer arrived on the bridge with a rather smug look on his face, "How long before we dock?"  He asked.
"About four hours at the current speed."  The Captain told him.
"That's an hour behind schedule."  The lawyer said, checking his Rolex.  "We need to make up the time, Captain.  My employers won't like their cargo being delivered late.  Time is money, Sir."
The Captain looked down the deck at the still frantic mermaid in her tank.  "Any more, and I risk blowing an engine."  He said flatly, "That would put us nearly five hours behind.  You wanna risk it, Lawyer?"  He looked at him squarely.  "The Bossman will get his cargo in time, don't you panic."
"And the other ship tailing us?"  The other man asked.
The Captain smiled and looked up out of the window to the nylon sock blowing up near the bow.  "I feel a change in the winds, Mr Lawyer."
The lawyer folded his arms and glared at the Captain suspiciously, "And that means?"
The Captain laughed openly and shook his head, "You see that sock out there?"  He asked.
The lawyer looked, "Yes?"
"In about ten minutes, it's gonna change direction.  They're about to lose all power to their canvas."  The Captain said triumphantly.
"And you know this how?"  The lawyer said with sarcasm.  "Are you psychic or something?"
The Captain laughed again and shook his head, "Starboard side."  He said, "That bank of dark cloud crossing our path.  The wind in that will turn their sails right around almost.  If they're lucky, they'll be grounded on the coral.  At worst, they'll sink."
"And if they have engines somewhere in that relic?"
The Captain shrugged his shoulders, "They still gotta get the canvas down and get the engines going first.  Short of a miracle and an entire swarm of those things..."  He pointed at the mermaid in the tank, "They ain't got no hope of catching up with us, let alone actually catching us.  Relax, Mr Rolex.  Your boss will have his treasure before nightfall.  I promise."

The lawyer left, somewhat comforted by the dark clouds looming towards them and the notion that he ship following could be sunk without ever catching up.  Standing now on the deck, he stared up at the tank and the mermaid inside.  "You really are beautiful."  He said to her with a whimsical grin.  He ignored her cries and pleading as everyone else had done, thinking her voice was simply melodic to listen to, no matter the reason behind it.  "Mr Carrow will be so happy to see you, my little pretty.  He spent a lot of money in time and effort to find you and soon enough, you'll be his prized exhibit for his new venture.  Don't you realise how valuably you are?  You're a priceless possession, my sweet and Mr Carrow is very much looking forward to owning you.  His own personal pet, if you like.  Oh don't worry, he'll take good care of you.  You'll get fresh fish every day, maybe even a slice or two of tuna if you behave yourself and perform like he wants you to."  He then tapped on the tank and laughed as she flinched.

In the tank, Syrenne listened to the incomprehensible gibberish the bi-ped was saying to her.  "Please!"  She begged him, "Please!  Just let me go?  I won't tattle on you, I promise!  Just please, let me return to my mate?"  When he simply laughed at her and carried on talking, she rose up as far the tank would allow.  "Merlin!"  She cried, "Merlin!  Merlin, help me!"  She banged a few times on the lid of the tank, but it only served to echo around in the water and give her a headache.  "Merlin!"  Her voice began to quiet and eventually, the ground dweller outside stopped talking, but then he did something worse.  He put his knuckles to the glass and knocked on it.  That was like being hit in the head with a mallet to Syrenne and she cowered away to the far side of the glass and held her head.  "Oh Merlin!"  She whimpered, sinking to the bottom of the tank.  She had no idea if he was chasing them down or not, though deep in her heart, she knew he would be.  "Oh Merlin, please my love!"  She begged, "Please come get me!".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Merlin's father seen the clouds and ordered the engines started. Then he had the men tie the canvas up on the spars and ordered a course change. He knew these waters real well and pulled out his charts. He had explored this area and mapped everything. Taking his readings and looking at his compass, he manuvered the ship in a different direction and came around to parrallel the other ship. His ship was lighter and had a shallower draft, he could skim over most of the reefs that the other ship could not.

"Sea Maiden, this is Captain Monroe of the Cutter Joselin. We have been ordered to assist you in a rescue mission. Please give us a course heading." Captain Monroe gave Merlin's father their position. From that he was able to give the Captain a course heading to help intercept the driller ship.

Merlin smiled as he heard the exchange. A government ship on orders to help would have the authority to stop and board the driller ship. If they did not heave to, they could fire upon the ship. They would shot to incapacitate the ship, mainly taking out their steering. All they had to do now was to force the ship into the path of the Josline.

Captain, the purcuing ship has taken in their sails an seems to have engines. They are moving on a parrallel course to us. We can't change course back to land without coming across them! Came their look outs voice.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:34 am

The lawyer was now in something of a panic as not only was the antique styled ship still coming for them, but now a government one was coming for them too!  Sure, all their paperwork was in order and they had permission to gather samples and specimens from the area, but he knew that one look at the mermaid and he would be forced to hand her over.  His employer would never allow this to happen and neither could he.  Running up to the bridge, he could see the Captain already knew his thoughts and had increased the maximum speed to outrun them.

It wasn't working and the Captain looked across.  The other ship was blocking their entry into the harbour.  Shaking his head, he turned to the lawyer.  "Unless you got another idea, we will have to stop and yield."  he said. 
"Not on your life!"  The lawyer said and pulled out his phone.  He dialled and then looked out at the other ship.  "Davids, it's Harris.  Where is the chopper?  Good, get it here asap.  We can't let them take the specimen.  Good."  He hung up and nodded to the Captain.  "Problem solved."  He left and went down to the deck. The other ship was getting closer to them and he scowled.

Within a few minutes, he heard the rotors and looked up to find a large helicopter coming up fast overhead.  "Get the clamps off!"  He yelled as two men clambered up the tank.  Four chains were dropped and a ladder.  The lawyer began climbing up as the tank was attached to the chains and a minute later, it began to take off.  In the tank, Syrenne screamed in terror and banged on the glass for Merlin.  She screamed for him, but the sound was drowned out by the glass and the noise from the helicopter.

Once inside, the lawyer leaned forward to the pilot, "Get us out of here!"  He demanded, "Mr Carrow's home!"  The pilot nodded and turned the craft towards land and within seconds, Syrenne saw the ship becoming distant.......

Last edited by LadyRaven on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : context)
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:03 am

When Merlin saw the helicopter he pounded his fist on a mast. They were rare, and one that size was extremely rare. Fuel to keep them flying was very expensive. Only a couple people he knew of could afford them. He now knew who was funding the drill ships and the kidnapping of Syrenne.

The Cutter fired a round over the bow of the drill ship and it came to a stop. Government troops boarded it and the captain and crew were arrested. The crew of the Cutter had witness the helicopter come in and take a tank off the ship. Smuggling was a crime and unless they cooperated they were facing some long prison terms. The Captain spilled his guts to save his crew from that. The mercenary troops, was another thing. They were all taken aboard the Cutter under arrest.

Merlin's father looked at him from the radio on the bridge of the Sea Maiden. He gave Merlin a knowing nod. He turned to Damus, "Looks like you will be returning to the Spire. Let Hector know I am heading to land to find and rescue Syrenne." Moments later he was diving into the water and changing back to his mer form.

The Sea Maiden then turned her bow to land.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 am

Damus looked on in complete shock and terror at the flying thing, with utterly no hope of understanding just what the hell it was!  "What under the ocean is that?!"  He yelled.  Then of course, it disappeared with Syrenne, though he could barely see her at this range.  "How can it do that?!"  When Merlin told him he would be heading back to the Spire, he let his jaw drop.  "And tell him what?"  He said, "Syrenne was taken off by a flying fish?"  That was what it looked like to him.  A very big, very loud flying fish.  "Are you insane?!"  Clearly, he'd missed the point, but Merlin had already dropped back into the water and the vessel was turning back to the open water.  he wondered just how he was going to explain this to Hector and indeed, the rest of the community.  Sure, Merlin had warned them all that some ground dwellers were the cruel, evil creatures that the stories told of, but now he's seen it for himself, he wondered how long Merlin would last now.  He was still a ground dweller.

Aboard the chopper, the lawyer finally felt they had gained the advantage and he tapped the pilot on the shoulder as the massive mansion grounds came into sight.  "Over there!"  he yelled over the noise.  Carrow had built a specialised aquarium for his new pet that attached to the house for indoor viewing and as it came into view, the lawyer felt the chopper descend.  "Put the tank onto the podium!"  He yelled and the pilot nodded.  Carefully, the tank was positioned onto a podium in the middle on the aquarium and the links were quickly pulled away by waiting wardens.  The chopper lifted back up again and maneuvered to a heli-pad and landed.  The lawyer and the scientists jumped out and then it quickly took off again.  The pilot would take it back to its secret base.

At the edge of the aquarium, the wardens carefully checked the tank over for any damage and then one clambered onto the top to unbolt the lid.  The entire time, they kept a close watch on the mermaid inside.  They could see she had sharp claws enough to shred them and no doubt she had the teeth to match, but so far, she had remained quiet.  She looked utterly broken as she curled up in the bottom of it.  In truth, she was shell shocked and terrified, having just been plucked from a vessel and flown like a bird.  As far as she was concerned, if merfolk were meant to fly, the gods would have given them wings, not gills.

After another check, the wardens came off the podium via a gangplank and once on the edge, it was quickly pulled away from the podium.  Everything was made secure and the podium was dropped down into the aquarium.  The change in pressure caused the lid to float off before sinking again and the new water filtered into the more stale from the tank.  Syrenne finally looked up at this and like a shot, she darted from the tank into the more open aquarium.

On first glance around her, Syrenne could see many different species of fish and even two sharks lurking around near the bottom.  At first, she thought they had freed her into a lagoon, but as she swam down, looking for the tell tale hole that led into the caverns below the ocean, she found only fake coral.  "No!"  She cried as she checked it and then darted away.  Going down was useless.  She swam laterally until finally, she hit something that reminded her very much of the glass on her tank.  "No!"  She cried again and banged on it.  In return, she was met with a face she had never seen before.

Carrow was as fat as he was rich and evil to match both.  As the mermaid came up and hit the glass, he smiled and turned around to face her.  His smoking stogey turned upwards with his jaw and he sat back in his comfortable chair.  "Well, hello there!"  He called and came to the glass.  "Ain't you just the prettiest thing ever?"
Syrenne had no idea what the ground dweller was saying, but as he smiled, she kind of smiled back, hoping that this one might know what was happening and more importantly, might let her go.  "Please help me?"  She asked him, "I don't belong here.  Can you let me go?"
Carrow stared at the mermaid and smiled again before he moved his stogey across his mouth.  He grinned and rocked back and forth on his heels as he shoved his hands in his pockets.  "Wonderful."  He said.  "You keep doing what you're doing, little mermaid.  You're gonna make me a fortune! I'll even let you keep your little gold diadem."  He pointed to his forehead and in return, Syrenne did the same thing.
"It's my royal seal."  She told him, not having a clue what he's just said.  "It means I'm the queen of my people.  They will want me back.  You have to let me go, Sir."
Carrow laughed again at her gibberish and walked away from the glass.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:12 am

Merlin was ashore before long and took out clothes that had been packed in waterproof bags. Along with the clothing was a map of the area and a 9mm hand gun. Getting dressed he checked the gun and stuck it in a holster behind him and put a coat over it to conceal it. The person that took Syrenne was wealthy, one that owned one of the coporations. His place was a fortress and he needed a way in.

From the information gotten from the Captain of the Drill Ship, the name of the lawyer was gotten. Once in the city, Merlin looked the name up and found the lawyers name and got his address. It took a bit but he go there, and broke a window on a door to get in. He sat down in a comfortable chair and waited. Not long after the lawyer returned home, smug on completeing yet another job for his boss.

As the lawyer reached for the light switch Merlin said, "I would not do that." He cocked the gun which gave a very loud audioable click. The man froze, fear on his face. "Now you are going to help me get my wife back from your boss, or you will be shark food before the night is out."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:54 am

Once in his lavish office, Carrow sat down and began to go over the options he had for his little treasure.  "Hmm, Treasure."  He smiled, "Yes, that's what I'll call her.  Treasure."  He had a mountain of paperwork regarding her and he went through it all carefully.  Previous experiments on other mer-people had shed some light on their genetics and how they lived and so he'd adapted his tank somewhat for her.  He had the staple food that would keep her alive and similar surrundings to what he imagined her natural habitat would be like.  And also, he understood that mer-people were social creatures, hence the other fish and the sharks that also inhabited the aquarium.  As he went through other paperwork for her, her contract of ownership etc, his desk phone rang.

He smiled at the voice on the other end.  "Oh yes, she's magnificent!"  He chimed, "Worth every penny."  He tucked the phone between his head and shoulder as he flicked through some more pages.  "I'd give her a few days to get accustomed to the aquarium first before we start showing her off."  He flipped the phone and carried on, "Yes, I know we have people waiting, but until the heat dies down from the government, I don't see how it wll help.  Besides, don't you remember what happened to that Orca?  Yes, and it was very expensive mistake on your part."  He was getting angry now, "Just remember who pays you, Doctor."  He nodded, then hung up the phone.

Sitting back in his overstuffed chair, he sighed and blew smoke rings with his cigar.  "My little Treasure." He sighed happily, "I can see it now.  You'll perform your little tricks for the paying clientelle and when they want one of their own, I'll make them pay for the venture to find you a little male to play with."  He could see the dollar signs mounting exponentially.

In the city, Davids entered his aprtment with a wide smile on his face.  His firm had just made $15m from Carrow and his little venture, tax free and under the government's radar.  His partners would make sure it disappeared somewhere more tropical and come back clean as a whistle.  Dumping his bags on the counter near the front door, he reached over to turnt he light on.  That was when he heard someone behind him and he spun around.  Then he heard a gun cock and he froze with fear.  "What do you want?"  He asked as he put his hands up.  As yet, he couldn't see the man's face, but his eyes adjusted to the dim light from the streelights outside and he squinted a litte.  He then furrowed his brow in confusion as the armed intruder then started on about his wife.  "Pardon me?"  He asked, then quickly shook his head.  The idea of Syrenne never even made it into his head.  And why would it?  As far as he knew, she as just a fish!  A very smart fish, but just a fish.  "Sorry Sir, but you have the wrong guy.  I don't deal in kidnapping people's wives.  Wait, shark food?"  He squinted a little more.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:06 pm

"Ahhh is it finally beginning to dawn on you?" Merl said as he stood up. "Yes my wife. The one you and your drilling ship crew kidnapped. I don't think you know what you have fully done but be assured if she is harmed in any way, or I do not get her back safely, you will be a nice meal for the sharks and I will personally enjoy seeing them tear your body to shreds."

He walked closer to the lawyer. "The name is Merlin." he shoved the man against the wall and frisked him to make sure he did not have a weapon. "You may have heard of me. I am sure the legal proceedings and all on the experiments my father performed are floating around the legal world. The one you kidnapped is an intelligent being not a fish. The Captain of the drilling ship told the Captain of the Cutter everything and that is being radioed back to the proper authorities. Your firm by now I think should have a small army of auditors, and legal minds going over every piece of paper. What do you think they will find and how it will go for them?"

Merlin was painting a very bleak picture for him. He was not sure if the authorities were in fact there or not, but neither did the man he had held against the wall. "So the short of it is, You will help me get into Carrow's estate, and rescue Syrenne, or your whole world is going to end. Oh and to let you in on a little secret, the government is going to do all it can to help me one way or another, because you see, I am now the King of the Merpeople. I hold the rights to any exploration, drilling, or mining of the Ocean floor." then he chuckled and said, "What do you think helping me and living, would be worth, monetarily that is?"

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:36 pm

Davids cowered in fear as the gun came at him and he was pushed hard into the wall of his apartment.  He still didn't quite get it.  "The fish is your wife?"  He asked and then shook his head quickly, "I swear to you, she's fine!  She's safer in the aquarium then she ever would be out there!  How could she...?"  Then he heard the man's name and gulped down right quick and sharp.

"Oh hell!"  He breathed.  He knew of Merlin and he knew of his father.  It all began to make sense.  He shrank back to the wall as far as he could go, but there was no way he could actually help the man.  "I've only ever been there under escort!"  He pleaded, "And with a team of lawyers that he had vetted personally.  He had all the paperwork for the retrieval, it was all legal.  I took the papers to the courts myself and the permits were granted!  I swear!"  He shook his head, "Only the courts have the laws to oceanic and marine welfare.  If you hold the rights, you need to prove it to them, not me!  Please don't hurt me?!"

Just then, he mentioned the one thing that Davids really did understand.  Money.  "Ok!  Ok!"  He said, holding his hands up, "The team and I have to be there Monday morning."  It was Thursday.  "That's the only way you'll get in.  I can bring you in as my researcher.  If you want to help the fish... I mean.... your wife, that's your best hope.  I'll even do it for half price?"  The look said Merlin wasn't about to pay the fee, "Ok, I'll do it for free!".......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Merlin shook his head. He knew Davids would do anything he could to save his own skin. He backed off a bit still holding the gun on Davids. "I am not that horrible to those that help me." he told the man. Betray me in any way, you are shark food. Help me and I will make sure that you are the lawyer that will help broker a multi billion dollar business. He looked to see what the mans reaction would be to that. His commission of what ever he would call it would be in the millions just for him. More money then he could possibly spend in his life time.

On the Cutter, John talked to his friend Jake. Jake was a senator and very influencial. "That is right Jake, she is his wife. Yes by some circumstance he is their king and she is their queen by royal bloodline. She is not a fish or like that, she is an inteligent being like you or I. These people can be valuable allies and friends. They have lived in these waters for thousands of years. It is their soverin domain. If we support them, help them, and recgonize them as a nation, think of what we would gain and the other countries lose." John knew how to work the political system. "Yes Jake I will make sure he contacts you and let you know what is going on."

John hoped that Merlin would be finding out where Syrenne was and making a plan to rescue her. He looked back at the disapearing dot of the Sea Maiden. It was heading back to the Spire to drop Damus off.

Behind the Cutter came the drilling ship under the command of a government crew. Its crew and the mercenaries were now all in the Cutter's brig.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:04 am

The sheer mention of billions of dollars, the commission of which he would make sure found its way into his pocket alone, was more than enough to make the gun seem very small and non threatening.  "I'm your man!"  Davids said quickly and quickly, but politely moved around Merlin to his desk.  He switched the light on and quickly started rifling through drawers for some paperwork.

After some time and remembering that he'd left it all in his briefcase, Davids finally showed Merlin all the paperwork on the driller ship, the licence to take specimens and the transfer of ownership of any materials and specimens into Carrow's private estate.  "Mr Carrow went out specifically looking for Merpeople."  He explained as he went through the paperwork with Merlin.  "The licence granted was for one specimen and anything that came with it... I mean her."  He gave a nervous laugh.  "The trawling was done initially around the shoals and surrounding shallow waters as they had been seen there before, but when we only caught an old octopus, we decided to move on to Shard Rock (the Spire) as it was understood lights had been seen in the depths on a still night.  I must say, I was stunned that we caught such a healthy and vibrant mermaid.  I think we were expecting something older and slower, but Mr Carrow was more than happy with the catch."  He could see that perhaps this wasn't exactly the information Merlin wanted and to a point, he had digressed somewhat.

With a cough in his throat, he showed Merlin the transfer of ownership papers.  "This allows Mr Carrow to keep whatever comes of the expedition."  He explained, "And gives reference to future expeditions to the area.  With the capture of your fi....wife, he'll be free to trawl the sea bed all around Shard Rock for more specimens and perhaps for oil drilling and mineral mining later down the line.  Of course, the local habitats would be damaged, but all marine life would have been moved and relocated by then in suitable areas."  That last part, he didn't know entirely, but it still sounded good.

"As for the mermaid herself, well, he will be showcasing her as proof of what is down there."  Davids continued, "For a fee of course, and the money will go to further research into her biology and genetics."  The next set of papers regarded the experiments that would be done and the legalities of it.  "Providing she doesn't die, the experiments listed will be used to further research into human development.  Merpeople have quite an extended lifespan in the right environments and from previous studies, the treatments for diseases such as cancer, brain disorders and the like, it's thought they have a cure in their genetic make-up.  Quite marvellous really."  The next papers were to the sale of any offspring.  "Mr Carrow had these drawn up so that he could sell any prospective offspring legally.  Every consortium and company around the world will want one to showcase.  The monetary amount on the mermaid is incredibly extensive, hence my firm's eagerness to be involved."  Next came insurance papers.  "Now that sum there ($150b) is the basic insurance and will hopefully cover all medical treatments and experimental programmes the mermaid will undergo.  My firm has also made an underlying promise on this, so it's important to us that she lives a long and healthy life.  Like I said, she's much safer where she is, Mr Merlin.  Mr Carrow will do all he can to ensure such."  He coughed again, "But that isn't what you want to hear, I know."

Putting all the paperwork back in his briefcase, Davids then went about showing Merlin the agenda and the planner, "As you can see, we are holding a meeting with him at his home on Monday to go over the finer points and finalise the ownership papers.  I can get you in with me then, as my researcher, but after that, you're on your own.  As far as the courts are concerned, Mr Carrow hasn't broken any laws, so you won't get any help from the local law enforcement and my firm ahs ensured that any government interference will be held up in red tape for many years."  He looked at Merlin carefully, "You understand what you're wanting to do, don't you?"  He asked, "Mr Carrow will use the law to the full extent to keep his mermaid and you'll be breaking the law.  You understand in that, I can't help you."  Inevitably, his mind moved back to the money.

"Now, you mentioned a multi billion dollar deal?"  He smiled, "My firm takes 20% in commission of any undertaking.  Just how much are we talking, Mr Merlin"?

On the Sea Maiden.  Damus paced carefully, but impatiently as the ship took him back to more familiar waters.  Up top, it all looked the same and it was hard to know exactly where he was.  The position of the sun helped, but out of the water, his internal compass was slightly skewed.  "How long until we're within range?"  He asked.  "You can drop me off at he hundred league marker and I'll make my own way from there.  I'd suggest the ship hang back.  I don't know what kind of reception you'll get, even with Syrenne's image on your keel."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:56 am

Merlin listened and shook his head. "All of that is not worth the paper it is printed on. Where Syrenne was taken is in international waters. All the courts in this land have now right or say what can be done there. Being the King of the Merpeople, the ocean beyond the two miles of water claimed by the government is considered to be my kingdom. We have many communities spread out over it. What your Carrow has done is ecentially declared a state of war between my people and this country."

He put the gun away and took a seat again. "This Carrow, and the government has no idea of what kind of power we hold. The Merpeople are and ancient one. When mankind was just emerging from the stone age, they were centuries ahead of the rest of mankind. They discovered the way to adapt to the ocean and emerge from the ocean to walk upon land again. My father has just in my life time rediscovered that." he smiled. Can you imagine what other technology we have hidden below the ocean." he was bluffing of course. They didn't have any other technology that he knew of. Unless where he thought Atlantis was held such things.

"So we will go to the court with these documents and have them explain how they can approve such actions in international waters and the domain I claim." he smiled.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 am

Davids was shocked at what he was told.  Sure, no on nation had claim over international waters, but each country had given licence to fish, mine and trawl the sea bed for their benefit for centuries.  A point he was quick to make, "Any nation can have the right to fish or study the ocean and until you just told me, as far as I knew, the ocean was empty of sentient life.  If you are claiming the entire world's oceans as your domain for the merpeople, how can you possibly prove it?  There are no laws, nor has there ever been a precedent set for such a claim.  Besides, you're still classed as human.  Merpeople are not humans, Mr Merlin.  How can you bring a case for that kind of thing?  The closest you would get would be to have them as a protected marine species."

On that note, Davids knew he had a good point.  The mermaid was classed as a marine animal and had no rights beyond a basic protection law that would prevent them from being hunted or removed from the ocean without good cause.  Merlin saying that her capture was an act of war might not be that far from the truth.  The courts would need more than just his word to redact the licence and have the mermaid returned, if Carrow would ever release her that was.

"I mean, what basis do you have to get the licence redacted?"  Davids continued.  "She doesn't even speak properly.  She just sings like a whale.  At least, that was my experience of it.  And what technology could they have?  Technology requires power and what power could they have that deep under water?"  He moved around to face Merlin.  "Honestly, Merlin, the best you can hope for would be a sign saying no fishing and if the merpeople are as widespread as you say, it could collapse entire nations and their economies.  We are not the only ones dependant on the ocean.  You could incur the wrath of not just this country, but countries across the world.  What's to stop them picking up where Carrow left off?  And what's to stop them hunting the merpeople to reclaim what their governments have told them is theirs?  Your father is as political as I am.  He can tell you what happens to people sat on things that others want.  You say her capture is an act of war.  The way you're going, you ay well get it.  Is that what you want?".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Merlin knew a few things about international law and the likes. He had studied them because of what his father and he did. There were laws to protect the whales and other marine animals because they were endangered. Fisherman had the right to fish in international waters, but they were prohibited from killing or injuring dolphins and other marine animals if they caught them in their nets.

Scientists could study marine life but they could not capture and take back to the mainland for study The judge that signed off on the paperwork was very weak on maritine law. "We will see. As for the noises she makes, that is her language. It is a very old language that no one speaks anymore. Except me it seems. I studied old tablets and learned the language. If you heard Japanese for the first time would you have known it was a language of some guteral spewing." He gave Davids a demonstration of the language. "Sounded something like that?" he asked him.

When Davids expressed his doubts about technology they might hold. "The Merpeople have hidden themselves for centuries. Only with in the last one hundred years have and surface dweller ever have encountered them. How do you think they have hidden themselves so well. But we will again see after we talk to the Judge."

Back at the Spire the one ambasador from the deep left as soon as it was seen that Syrenne had been captured. He dove deeper and deeper after he had been assisted by a pod of dolphins to help him get to where he wanted to go. The light was nonexistent until he got closer to his destination. The lights from the ancient city glowed, giving the city and erie look. As he approached a number of mermen like him approached and he began to talk to them. They accompanied him to the seven circled city of Atlantis. It looked as beautiful as it had when it was on the surface. Though the water filled everything instead of the waterways it once had. The population was not as big as it had been centuries ago but it had a good number of merpeople.

Straight to the palace the group swam and soon they were in the grand hall before an imposing Merman. The ambasador bowed and spoke in its own language. He spoke at length telling of the New King, Syrenne and all that had transpired. The merman on the throne nodded and gave orders. Mermen sped from the Main Hall and soon a small army of warriors was assembled and with them on strange sleds that seemed to float in the water was five large crystals built into a framework of the same material. These several mermen pulled as they swam.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 am

It seemed that taking Syrenne had not just incurred the wrath of Merlin and the merfolk of the Spire, but the entire race of merpeople.  And in doing so, the ambassador had felt the same thing.  The ground dwellers had committed an act of war against them.  Such an act would not be tolerated.  The resulting actions were mirrored at the Spire as Hector and Sharok both agreed (a rare thing indeed) that the ground dwellers and their vessel had committed high treason against them and brought war upon them by taking their queen.

The scene that awaited Damus when he returned was nothing short of a full scale military assault.  He quickly relayed what he knew to Hector, who then passed it on willingly to Sharok.  "We will drag that vessel to the very depths of the Spire!"  Sharok shouted.
"Drown them all!"  Shouted one of his soldiers.
"Death to the ground dwellers!"  Shouted another.
Hector firmed his jaw and stood proudly over the throne as was his right in the absence of Syrenne and Merlin.  "Those of the Sea Maiden are not to be touched!"  He called, "Neither is the ship that sails with it.  The driller ship will be sank with all guilty souls aboard!"
"I shall go and warn Merlin's soldiers aboard."  Damus said.
"The message will be relayed by another."  Hector said firmly, "And you will take your place with the other hunters in the attack."
"Yes Guardian."  Damus said with respect.
Just then, Hector received word from the ambassador of Atlantis and he read the reeds carefully before nodding.  "The merfolk of Atlantis have given their support for the attack and have sent their finest warriors.  They must be informed that the Sea Maiden and the ship aiding Merlin must be untouched."  He called a messenger and quickly sent the reply before turning back to Sharok. 
"For too long, we have been left in memory and myth."  The old general said firmly, "It is time they were educated in what it is to be feared."
Hector nodded, "I agree, old friend."  He said.  "For Syrenne."
"For our queen."  Sharok said with respect and quickly turned to his guard.  "For the King and Queen!"  He called in rally and the heavily armed mermen left the Spire for the offending ship.

Carrow Mansion - The day had ended so different from its start, but Syrenne was in no doubt now the ground dweller's intentions towards her.  The day passed into night and Syrenne began to curl around a rock for shelter and safety.  It was clear that the ground dweller had no concept of the danger sharks posed to her, no more so than she did them, but there was a big difference.  Syrenne had to sleep at least a few hours regularly, sharks did not.  As she watched the moon rise overhead in the shallow water, she began to cry out in sorrow.  The sound to Carrow was much like an orca crying for its pod and disturbed much of the tank for many hours.

The next day brought yet more unwanted experiences.  Dead fish were cast into the aquarium and while the other inhabitants eagerly picked them off, Syrenne simply stared at one that fell in her lap.  She picked up the half tuna and stared at it before throwing it away.  A passing shark quickly snapped it up and disappeared again to the other side of the massive tank.  And so the day carried on like that.  Syrenne's only distraction was to measure the expanse of the aquarium and fathom just how big the whole thing was.  She measured it as four of her lengths, head to fin, deep and more than five hundred from one edge to the other.  Basic math put it equivalent to a large lagoon near the shoals.

The third day was passed in much the same manner.  The dead fish were thrown in at regular intervals through the day and averaged at four times from dawn to dusk.  She found it no wonder that most of the creatures were docile and sluggish.  They were being overfed and thus didn't need their instincts so much.  Syrenne on the other hand, hadn't eaten any of the fish dropped in, instead, snatching passing smaller fish.  She was still hungry, but the small meals were enough to keep her going while she figured things out.  During the three days, she made careful note of the patrolling ground dwellers above.  They came every half hour without fail.  Escaping that way was impossible without being seen and likely caught.  Heavens would know what they would do if they saw her with legs.  She was sure she would never see the outside world again!  In the end, it was a much simpler plan that formulated in her mind.

Having measured and noted every inch of the tank wall, she discovered there were actually some rather innocuous and potentially dangerous flaws in its design.  Though the walls themselves were rounded, there were several indentations where the glass met the metal and the sheer pressure of the water within was putting strain on them.  Of course, without interference, it would come to nothing.  However, Syrenne had no intention of leaving it to give out naturally.  To this end, she crafted a sharp slice of coral into a deadly blade.  She then waited until the dusk had given way to night.  She would make her escape under darkness through the actual house.  It was dangerous, no doubt, but being held in the tank and prodded and poked for the rest of her life was a far worse fate than death.

The fourth day came and went and soon enough, the sky above faded and the house began to wind down.  The fat ground dweller (Carrow) came and went, inspecting his prize as seemed something of a habit and with a kiss to the glass, of which she found more than disgusting, he left her to rest, or so he thought.  The lights were turned off in the tank and Syrenne collected her coral blade from between some rocks near the glass.  After checking above that the current patrol had passed, she put the coral to the glass and carefully scratched several short lines in opposing directions on it.  Once done, she pulled her hair back and carefully knotted the rounded other end into the mass.  She then backed up a good fifty feet before she turned to face the etched glass.

For one that didn't know of merfolk, the crest on their head would perhaps be thought little more than streamlining or intimidation.  For those that would know, it was clear the crest was far more than simple aesthetics.  The ridge of bone was thicker and harder than most other bones of the body and designed in such a way that it spread any force equally over the entire skull and then distributed down the spine and out of the tail without leaving any injury.  Simply, the crest was a vicious battering ram, but it did come with a price more often than not.  If hit too hard, the impact wasn't absorbed fast enough and would lead to some memory loss or bruising to the brain.  Syrenne used this now, unable to think of another idea to escape.

Powering her tail with all she had, she locked her head straight and squared her shoulders.  The speed was sharp and the hit precise.  She felt the impact spread across her head and then down her neck and she quickly but carefully stuck out her ass and folded her knee.  The shock was absorbed quickly and Syrenne turned back to face the glass with hope.  The vibration of the impact brought much attention from the patrols and several stood over the water as well as in front of the viewing window that was now cracking quite dangerously.  Her head hurt somewhat, but she didn't feel dizzy or disorientated.  This was a good sign.  However, the viewing window and the way the cracks began to spread, was not so good.  She had hoped the cracks would create small fissures that would put more pressure on the bolted edges, but instead, the edges remained intact while the window itself shattered under the pressure.  All it took to her ears was a small pop.

On the other side of the window, the guards realised what was happening and began to scramble to escape the coming torrent of water and one very angry looking mermaid.  On their side, the pop was thunderous and as the glass gave up, the torrent was more than they bargained for.  It was like watching a volcano erupt from the side and Syrenne was swept up in the 'eruption' and thrown through the broken window and across the large room towards another window.  She tensed her neck again, aiming to break through in one go with the force of the water.  It worked.

The force of the water from the aquarium pushed Syrenne almost a hundred yards from the building before the ground absorbed the rush and Syrenne found herself literally floundering for a moment against the sodden ground.  All around the mansion, alarms blared out and soldiers began to appear almost everywhere.  Syrenne floundered a minute longer before she reached out and began to haul her body away from the house.  And in another stroke of luck, it seemed, in the flood of water through the main window of the house, she had taken with her a long dark curtain.  She pulled it over her body to hide from any passing light and to mask, hopefully, the spark of light that signalled her legs.

The light was covered partially, but the second it happened, Syrenne felt lights hitting the curtain she was hiding under.  She had no choice now, she had to run.  And run she did.  With the curtain over her head to hide her still, she bolted for the fence, also damaged by the water, and slipped underneath to freedom.  She didn't stop running until dawn.

Monday morning came with utter shock for Davids.  He watched the news report on the TV of the devastation at Carrow Mansion and couldn't even find the gumption to reach for his phone.  The entire ground floor of the mansion was four feet deep in water and there were two of the four sharks kept in the aquarium, swimming happily in the pool!  Davids stared in utter disbelief, wondering how the hell it could have happened.  The aquarium had been to withstand everything from a hurricane to an earthquake.  Even a bomb couldn't cause that much damage!  Eventually, he managed to grab at his phone and he dialled Merlin's number.  "Uh, is there a TV near you?"  He asked cautiously, "Because you might want to see this.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:09 pm

The merfolk of Atlantis pulled their strange devices on the metal sleds that seemed to float in the water. Each seemed to have some weights on them to keep them from rising to the surface. The Guardian of the Atlantian merfolk marched at the head of the small army. He had heard of Merlin through his spies in the other communities. He was different then any of the other rulers that the other communities had known.

His people were the decendents of the original Atlantinians that had waged war of Jakar. Through out the centuries the people of Atlantis had seen their error and always dreamed of a way to make atonement for what they had did. Zazar now found that means. He would do everything he could to help the new King and his Queen.

The merfolk of Atlantis would now proudly reclaim their name and join the rest of the merpeople of the oceans. His small army did not carry the spears or tridents. They carried long metal tubes that had simalar crystals moundted in the middle of them, only a lot smaller. The Atlantinians and those of Jakar had been way ahead of the rest of the world in their time. These weapons had not been used since the time Atlantis sunk.

John had gotten a hold of Merlin by his wirstcom. He let Merlin know of what was going on with the Merfolk and their demands for the prisoners of the drill ship. He had his father again show Hector how to use the wristcom he had given him and that he still wore proudly. "Hector, the ground dweller crew of the drill ship will be punished by their laws. The Ship, I agree, sink it. Make it so that it becomes a part of the reefs so that sea life can make it apart of it. Do nothing until I have exausted everything I can do here. I do not want a full scale war between our peoples. My friend and Mentor, that is the orders of your King."

That had been before he had seen the news on the TV and got a call from Davids. He shook his head and smiled. Every inch a queen and a fighter. Syrenne was a force to be reconed with. He knew she would be on the run and trying to find a place to hide. He was quickly gone and in an hour was in the area where Carrow's estate was. Here he began calling out in her language.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Hector was not pleased by Merlin's order and neither was Sharok, but the respect the new king had commanded had sent ripples deep through the merfolk communities and as such, Hector bowed out so to speak and passed the order on.  Nearly every merman, maid and juvenile made for the ship and once all the crew had been taken off, they wasted no time in taking the ship apart from the bottom up, sinking it with everything being destroyed on the way down.  There wouldn't be pieces big enough to encourage coral of any kind.  By the time the remains touched the bottom of the Spire, only the engines remained intact.  The juveniles had a plan for that.  They would mount it up top on the Spire to warn any other ships to keep away, lest this should happen to them also.  Hector may have backed down to Merlin on the matter of war with the ground dwellers, but to them, it was still very much just that.

On land, Syrenne didn't stick around long enough for Merlin's call to reach her ears.  By the time he made it there, she had already traversed the black snakes crossing the land (highway) and made for distant lights.  She had no idea exactly where she was heading, nor did she have any idea what was waiting for her when she got there.  She just knew she had to get away from the big house and the many males with weapons that wanted to capture her or kill her.  By the time she reached the tall dark poles (unused street lights), her bare feet were raw and bleeding and she had to cling to the curtain to keep it around her.  From there, to Syrenne, things only got more weird and frightening.

No sooner had her bleeding feet touched the black snake again, something loud clopped past her, spinning her around.  She screamed in fright and made to run, but another came past, missing her by inches.  That too was just as loud and the sudden shrieking from the huge four legged animal (horse) terrified her.  She made it to the middle of the snake and began looking one way, then the next, trying to find a way of escaping the hellish noise and smells of the things walking up and down the snake.  Never could she have imagined such horrors, but then something much bigger and much louder began shrieking at her.  Syrenne had nowhere to run and covered her head with the curtain as she screamed her terror.  As the giant thing made to pass her, she looked up to find six of the giant four legged things bearing down on her and shrieking all at once.  The front ones reared up at her, knocking her down and Syrenne curled up into a ball, crying and screaming for the noise to stop and for Merlin to save her.  Neither happened.

Patrol five nine had taken a brief break at a rest stop on the main highway into the city.  Officer Wayne Nevell and Officer Shayla Brett were having what could actually be considered to be decent coffee when someone came in shouting about a woman wrapped in a curtain wandering across the highway in a daze.  Nevell looked at Brett and shook his head, "I hate Fridays."  He said and quickly finished up his coffee.  Brett followed suit and nodded her head in thanks to the vendor.  Once outside, Nevell took up the reigns of his horse and turned the animal onto the highway and started for the location given. 
"Ok Sir, we're heading for the incident."  Brett said to the person.  She too turned her horse and kicked it into a gallop down the high way.  It didn't take long to find the accident and her eyes went wide as she spotted a large wagon overturned and was blocking three of the four lanes ahead.  "Jesus!"  She breathed.
"Ten bucks says she's high."  Nevell said as he pulled his horse to a stop and jumped down.

All around, others that had been caught up in the incident were shouting in anger, which only seemed to cause more panic in the strange woman in the middle of the high way.  Brett was first to make it to her and barged her way past the irate wagon driver.  "Back up, Sir."  She said firmly, "We've got this."
"Fucking cunt ran out in front of me!  Made the horse rear up something awful!"  The driver yelled.  He then thrust his arm at Brett, showing her four deep gashes down his forearm, "She's fucking crazy!  Look what she did to me!"
"Ok, Sir."  Brett said calmly, "Just calm down and back up for me."  He did so and she went carefully to the strange woman, her hand firmly on her glock.  "Miss?"  She called as she approached, "Miss, are you hurt?"  Brett wasn't sure, but in the light of the wagon's lamps, it looked like the woman's hair was a deep blue colour and around her head, she seemed to be wearing a golden medallion.  "Miss?"

Syrenne stared back at the approaching ground dweller and shuddered in fear.  "Leave me alone!"  She called back, "Get away from me!"
Brett furrowed her brow and cocked her head to one side as she left her gun in its housing and put both hands up in front of her, palms out.  "Cam down, Miss."  She said, "I won't hurt you."  She kept her voice calm, realising that the strange foreigner was clearly terrified of everything going on.  Slowly, she closed the distance and crouched down with her hands still in clear sight.  "English?"
Syrenne curled away in the curtain and wrapped her arms around her, "I don't understand!"  She cried, shaking her head, "Please!  Just leave me alone!  I want to go home!"
"Ok."  Brett said, "Uh, Española?  No?  Portuguese?"
Syrenne shook her head at all the words the female ground dweller spoke, "I don't understand you!"  She cried, trembling all over.
Brett carefully inched forward, "Ok, this should be interesting."  She said, keeping her voice and her body calm and smooth.  Slowly, she turned one arm away and waved it at Nevell.  "Nevell, get me a blanket."  She said, "And send a flare for an ambulance.  She's hurt."  Her arm then came back and she offered a soothing smile.  "It's ok."  She cooed, "I won't hurt you."
Behind Brett, Nevell pulled out his flare gun and sent one up into the sky.  The ambulance wagon would arrive shortly. 

Syrenne watched in terror and pulled the ragged curtain tighter about her as the big male went to the four legged thing, took something off the back and then came back.  "Crazy bitch!"  He breathed, handing the blanket over to Brett.  "What the hell do you think happened?"
Brett took the blanket and held it out to the terrified woman.  "I have no idea."  She said quietly, "But she's shit scared."  She cast her eyes quickly over what she could see, "She's been running over rough ground, her feet are torn up pretty bad."  The woman didn't take the blanket from her, so she carefully came forward.
"Stay back!"  Syrenne cried as the female came towards her with something in her hand.  She made to lash out when suddenly, the female dropped something heavy and warm on her.  It felt a little rough on her skin, but it was more comfortable than the curtain she had wrapped around her.  Perhaps this female wasn't an enemy, but the male with her certainly looked dangerous.
"It's ok."  Brett said again as she dropped the blanket on the strange woman and then backed up again.  She put her fingers to her chest and smiled, "Shayla."  She said, "My name is Shayla."
Syrenne stared at Shayla oddly and turned her head slightly to stare out from under the blanket.  "Shayla."  She repeated.
"That's right."  Brett said, "I'm Shayla.  Shayla Brett.  I'm a police officer."
Syrenne seemed to fathom what was being said a little and nodded before pointing to herself.  "Syrenne."  She said, though it didn't sound like that to Officer Brett.  What she heard was Siren.
"Ok."  Brett said with a smile, "Siren.  Your name is Siren.  That's good."  She smiled again and turned as the ambulance arrived.  At this point, the woman called Siren started to panic again and Brett put her hands back up, "It's ok!"  She said quickly, "It's ok!  They won't hurt you either."

The paramedics arrived with their kit and stared at the woman on the ground.  Thankfully, both were female and Brett nodded at them before moving to them.  "Her name is Siren."  She said to them, "That's all I could get from her."
"Ok."  Said the first paramedic, "Do you know what happened?"
Brett turned back to Siren and shook her head, "I don't know."  She said honestly, "Best guess, she's been attacked somewhere and escaped.  Her feet are all torn up and she has no clothes at all."
"Any other injuries?"  Asked the second.
Brett shook her head, "Nothing from what I saw of her, but she's pretty messed up guys and from what I've seen, she's liable to lash out.  Took a good chunk out of the trucker's forearm with her nails, so I'd advise caution.  She doesn't speak any English, Spanish or Portuguese.  It don't sound like anything I've ever heard."
"Ok."  The first said and carefully moved over to the woman she knew as Siren.  She knelt down and opened her kit.  "Siren?"  She asked carefully, "Siren?  I'm a paramedic.  I'm here to help you.  Help.  Do you understand?"

Syrenne cowered as another female covered in bright green with blue hands came to her and opened a strange looking satchel.  She shook her head quickly and backed up along the asphalt.
"Ok."  The paramedic said and held her hand out like the officer had done.  She then turned her hands slightly, holding them out to Siren with a soft smile.  "You're ok."  She said calmly and then pointed to the woman's bleeding feet.  "Hurt?"  She asked.  Behind her, the second medic stood patiently with Brett.
Syrenne looked at her feet and touched them carefully.  The pain was immense and she hissed.
"Hurt."  The medic said carefully and then reached in her pack.  She pulled out a bottle of saline.  "No hurt."  She said and opened up the bottle, "See?  No hurt."
Syrenne stared at the liquid inside the bottle and after some time in thought, stuck her right foot out.  The medic smiled and carefully poured some of the liquid over the injured foot.  Syrenne hissed again, but only because of the movement of the water.

It took more than an hour, but eventually, the two medics coaxed Syrenne onto the back of the ambulance.  At first, Syrenne began to panic again, but the one that had first approached her and Shayla stayed in the back of the wagon with her and kept her calm.  For the first time in days, she felt safe enough not to lash out again.  Once at the hospital, Syrenne was wheeled through into a quiet corner and left for a moment to calm down.  It was all very strange to her.  Above her head, she saw bright lights that glared down at her.  She understood the concept of power from Merlin, but to actually see it was disturbing.  After that moment, a doctor and two nurses came in to clean her up and treat her injuries.  Syrenne wasn't too keen on that idea and cowered in the corner and cried at them to keep away.

Outside the corner room, Brett stood with a darkly tanned man.  She looked through the glass with confusion and then turned to him, "So, Mr Lampard, is it?"
"Yes Ma'am."  The man replied, "I was told you needed a translator.  They sent me."
"Right."  Brett said, "So anyway, what do you make of it?  I've never heard anything like this before."
Lampard shook his head, "I'm sorry to say, neither have I."  He said honestly, "I'm not even sure it is a language."
"Meaning?"  Brett asked.
"Meaning, it's total gibberish to me."  He said, "It's like something totally alien.  There's no form or function that I'm hearing and the sounds are very complicated.  All I can tell you maybe is that it sounds really old.  Like a prerequisite to something ancient."  He shook his head at Brett, "I'm sorry Officer, but I can't help you with this."
"So isn't there anything at all that you can do to communicate with her?"  Brett asked.
Lampard pointed to the doctor, "Maybe keep anything male away from her, best guess.  She's totally terrified."
Brett nodded, "Well thanks anyway, Mr Lampard."  She said and turned back to the window.

More minutes passed and eventually Nevell arrived in the ED.  He looked through at the still cowering woman called Siren and shook his head.  "Still feral, I see."  He said sharply.
Brett nodded and took the paper coffee cup from him with gratitude.  "Yup."  She said.
"What did the language guy say?"  Nevell asked.
"He's never heard anything like it."  Brett said.  "All he could say was that it sounded ancient or something."
"What?"
Brett turned to Nevell and nodded, "A prerequisite to something ancient."  She told him, "A dead language."
"Ok."  Nevell said, "So what is a weird blue haired woman doing wandering across the highway naked, speaking a dead language?"
"I have no clue."  Brett said, "But she must have come from somewhere.  Did the wagon driver say which way she came from?"
Nevell nodded, "Said she came from the east edge of the road."
Brett furrowed her brow, "But there's nothing that way for ten miles, maybe."
Nevell nodded again, "I know.  The closest thing that way would be the Carrow place."
Brett cocked her head to one side and furrowed her brow deeper, "The Carrow estate?"  She asked.
"Yup."
"Wasn't there a hubbub about that place a few hours back?"
"Yup."  Nevell said, "I checked in with the officers there.  Turns out the aquarium sprung a leak and flooded the house.  Killed a few of his guys in the process.  Nothing malicious though, just a lot of dead fish and a lot of damage.  Nothing else reported from the place."
Brett shook her head, "I'm not buying it."  She said, then pointed to the viewing window and Siren.  "She turns up, naked, injured and terrified in the middle of the only highway between the ocean and the city and the Carrow estate is right in between.  She came from there, Wayne, I know it.  Something happened to her there and she escaped it.  I'm heading out there to have a look."
Nevell nodded, "Ok."  He said, then pointed to Siren also, "What about her?"
Brett looked for a moment, "She's letting the nurse come close, but not the doc.  They're gonna sedate her, I think until they can make sense of her."
Nevell nodded again and turned away.  "Ok then."  She said, "Let's go."

A little more than an hour later, Brett and Nevell arrived to see the carnage at Carrow Mansion.  Brett dismounted and looked around with wide eyes, "Wow."  She said, "Now that's nasty!"
Nevell got down also and nodded, "Absolutely."  He agreed, "So much for the aquarium."  He moved forward to another officer.  "Who's in charge here?"  He asked.
While Nevell spoke with the guarding officer, Brett began to have a snoop around.  Something was definitely off there, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.  This was no simple accident, she could see that by the amount of suits milling around.  She snooped for a little longer before she heard something familiar.  It made her turn around sharply and she made for the back of the property.  "I know that word."  She said.  She approached carefully, spotting a large man calling out Siren.

"Sir?"  She called, getting his attention quickly, "Sir!"  She made it to him, "Pardon me, but is that Siren you're calling out?"  She was cautious, with her hand on her gun stock, but she was curious more.  "I have a weird naked woman in the hospital that told me that word, but the rest was gibberish.  Are you connected with her, Sir, and with this mess?"  She looked around the devastation.  "Sir?".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:00 am

Merlin was getting worried. Syrenne was not answering. How far could she have gone, he wondered. The estate was in a turmoil. Police had arrived as well as ambulence wagons, even the coroner was there. This made it easy for him to gain entrance as everything was in turmoil. He acted like a detective and wondered around asking some questions. No one stopped him or even questioned him.

He took a look around the mansion, especially where the glass wall had been. The place was a mess, with furniture shoved up against one wall with books and papers. He bent down and picked some up and read the water soaked worrding. A snarl came to his lips as he read about the Corporations communications with Carrow. It detailed the formation of an army and naval force that was to take control of the drilling sites.

This corporation did not care about the enviornment or anything but making a huge profit. From the documents they were already on their way to various locations, and to the Spire. He immediately got in touch with his father and then with Hector.

"There is a force of surface dwellers on the way to your location. They are armed and dangerous. They are not there with the permission of the government. These men and their ships intend to harm. Do what you need to do to destroy them, but be careful. They have devices that explode under water and could kill many. They must be taken out without the loss of our people."

He could hear the joy in Hector's voice when he was told he could attack those coming. That was when he was informed about the merfolk from Atlantis. He was told that the ambasador that had given him the sand, had come from there and they had joined forces with Hector and those of the spire to go to war. That they had brought ancient weapons of destruction with them. "Give them hell, Hector. Show what we have to defend ourselves with." He thought of the conversation with the lawyer. He had not been wrong. They had weapons that was powerful.

He was in these thoughts when a woman's voice came to him. He turned and spoke in the merfolk language. He had been using it so much of late that it had become normal for him now. Then he realized what he had done he switched back to English. "Yes it is." he told her. "That would be my wife. Take me to her."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:15 am

Brett eyed the man carefully and when he started speaking to her in the same language as the woman called Siren, she furrowed her brow and tightened her grip on her gunstock.  Then, something seemed to click and he began speaking English.  That shocked her as it seemed such a natural and easy thing for him to do.  Clearly, this man was more than simply bilingual.  He was an expert.  "Wife?"  She asked and then half turned her head to him.  She wasn't buying it just yet.

Moving forward, she loosened her grip on her gun, but still kept her hand there.  "Before I take you anywhere, I need some information."  She said firmly, "I need to know your full name, Sir and that of your wife.  Secondly, I need to know how she ended up in a heap in the middle of the road with no clothes and I need a full description of her from you, hair colour, eye colour, jewellery etc."

At the Spire, Hector was already moving out with Sharok when the call came in from Merlin.  He happily told Merlin about the Atlantian army and passed on the information to the ambassador to attack the coming ships.  Nothing would survive this and he would relish the chance to even the score.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:28 am

Merling watched the female police officer. He noticed her unsnap the holster and he smile. He looked around to make sure no one else was around. "I am Merlin Sterling. My father is Doctor John Sterling, the marine scientist, adventurer, and seafearer. Perhaps you have heard of us?" He turned his head slightly to reveal his gills.

Syrenne stands about 5 foot two, has bluish hair and has a golden circlet and neclase of emeralds. As for how she is envolved in all this, this Carrow had her kidnapped and brought here. As for the rest, Ihink she escaped from here. She is not from anywhere around here and all of this is strange to her. She also does not speak English, only her ancient language. Where she comes from will have to wait till later"

He moved closer to the officer. "Now if you would take me to her. The lives of many may be in danger if she is not returned to her people."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:38 am

Brett nodded her head as Merlin spoke his full name.  "Yes, I have heard of your father's work."  She said and when he revealed his small gills, she nodded again.  "Impressive."  She said and finally let her gun sit in the holster unhindered.  She clipped it closed and moved closer to him as he began describing his wife.  The description matched perfectly to the odd woman in the hospital and she nodded again.  "Very well."  She said, "I will take you to the hospital.  Mrs Stirling is in quite a state, but she is safe.  The doctors had to sedate her as she was acting quite feral and dangerous around him."

After looking around a little, she knew then that the something not quite right that had sat in the back of her mind was right after all.  "I will have a word with some of the officers here and have Carrow questioned over her assault."  She then looked back to her horse and then again at Merlin.  "Do you have any transport?  Old Chester could carry us both, but it will take longer and I imagine you wish to get to Siren quickly."  She then furrowed her brow, "By the way, her name.  Is it really siren, or was it the language she was speaking that made it sound that way?  What language is it anyway, by chance?"....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Merlin whisled and his horse came trotting up.  He mounted up and follwed the officer.  "it only sounds like that."  he told her, as for the name of the language well I am not completely sure.  It is an anchient one, that is no longer spoken.  I guess it was onnly spoken on a couple of large islands in the Atlantic before they sank beneath the waters."

Brett mounted Chester and turned the horse about.  There was plenty he wasn't telling her and she figured he knew it as well as she did.  Islands in the Atlantic?  "You mean Atlantis."  She said with a smirk, "I'm not stupid Mr Sterling, I know the stories.  You and your father are famous for your expertise on mermaids.  I guess it makes sense."  She nudged the horse into a slow canter and settled into the saddle to ride more comfortably.  "I'd love to see a real mermaid or merman."  She said after some time.....

He chuckled at her words.  If only she knew.  He followed her back into the city to the hospital.  Oh how things had changed form a century earlier.  There would have been cars, and trucks everywhere, now there were wagons, buggys and horses.  The hospital looked like a huge mansion of sorts, It was three stories high and covered a few acers of land.  Once there he tied his horse a bit off at a hitching post, and walked the rest of the way into the hospital.

Brett led Merlin into the ED and then went over to one of the doctors caring for Siren.  "How is she?"  She asked with genuine concern.  The doctor nodded and smiled, "She's doing better."  he said, "But we've thought it best to keep her sedated for now.  Her injuries aren't as bad as we first feared, but it's the psychological damage that is difficult.  I'd like to send her upstairs to the mental unit and have her assessed."  Brett nodded, but then shook her head, "I don't htink that will be possible."  She said, "I've found someone that claims to be her husband.  He speaks the same language and gave a perfect description of her.  I don't think he would much want her upstairs."  The doctor nodded, "I'll have a word with him then."  He said and moved to Merlin with a smile and held his hand out.  "Sir, I'm Doctor Travis.  I'm caring for your wife currently.".....

Merlin smiled and nodded to the doctor.  "You must excuse my wife's behavior.  She is not use to this type of life.  Where she comes from there is nothing like this and her kidnapping has probably been a tramu for her.  He looked through the window at Syrenne laying on the hospital bed sleeping.  She had expienced things that he wanted to show her, but slowly so she could adapt to it all.  "May I see her?"  he asked.

The doctor nodded, understanding now, "I see."  He said, "It explains the way she's behaved with us.  We must all seem so frightening."  he then looked into the window also and nodded, "The drugs I've given her are quite strong and she needed quite a bit to calm her down enough to deal with her.  You can see her if you want, but I doubt you'll get much of a response just yet.  I put enough Ketamine in her to knock out a horse."......

Merlin smiled.  He did not know merpeole.  Their physiology was quite different then humans.  He entered the room and went to the bed taking her hand and squeezing it.  "I am here Syrenne, he told her in her language.  Everything will be ok now."

The doctor came in with Merlin and went about doing some obs before he nodded to Merlin and left again.  For all he knew, the woman was all but in a coma for a few hours.  How wrong he had been!  No sooner had Merlin spoke, Syrenne turned her head.  "Merlin?"  Her voice was low and groggy....

He smiled down at her.  "Yes it is me."  he bent down and kissed her.  "Got to get you out of here."  he told her.  He then switched on the wrist com and called Hector.  "I have her."  he told him

Syrenne opened her eyes slowly and stared at Merlin to make sure he was real.  When it finally dawned on her that he really was there, she threw her arms up and out to take hold of him.  "Oh Merlin!"  She sighed, but then began crying into his shoulder, "Oh Merlin, I was so scared!  Everything here is so frightening!  I didn't know what to do!".....

"I know."  he told her, "It is something that you have to see slowly and get use to, with someone that can help you understand it all."  he took her into his arms and held her tightly to him.  Now we must get you some clothes."  He looked out at the officer.

Syrenne clung tightly to Merlin, afraid to let him go again, should she be taken again.  "I don't want to get used to it."  She told him in a frightened tone, "I just want to go home.  I never want to come back on land ever again!".....

Merlin sighed.  "Alright."  he said, his voice full of sorrow.  He so much wanted her to see the beauty of his former world.  "We will be home when I can get us to a ship to take us out.  Right now there is probably a battle going on near the spire.  Those in league with Carrow have sent ships and soldiers out on drill ships and war ships to begin drilling.

Syrenne stared at Merlin with fear and quickly shook her head, "But...but, but why?"  She asked, "He already had me, why would he attack the Spire?"  She held him close again and cried, but the sorrow in his words didn't go unnoticed.  "When can we go home?".....

"As soon as I can get you some clothes."  He again looked at the officer and hoped she would get some for Syreene.  He wanted her out of the hospital as soon as possible.  A ride to the coast would take a few hours, and then getting a sall boat to take them out to deep water another few hours.

Syrenne nodded and then saw the other woman come into the room.  Brett smiled and nodded at Syrenne, "How is she feeling?"  She asked with concern.  She could see now that Merlin really was with who she knew as Siren.  Syrenne stared at Brett and then Merlin with confusion and some fear.  "What is she doing here?"  She asked, "What is she saying?"......

"She is asking how you are doing.  She is a police officer, one that enforces the laws and helps people like you.  She is a friend and means you no harm."  he turned to the officer, "She needs clothes.  I got to get her home, where she can be herself."

Brett nodded and smiled again at Syrenne, "I'll see about some scrubs for her."  She said and then left.  Syrenne stared at the door for a while longer and then back up at Merlin, "If she's a friend, why did she put me in here?"  She asked, "This place is frightening and those others with white skins flapping everywhere kept trying to touch me.  Why would she let them do that if she was a friend?".....

"She brought you here to help you.  You were hurt and these people here are doctors, healers.  They help people that are hurt or sick.  You were quite the handful to them."  he smiled.  "They could not understand you and thought you might be sick.  They were trying to examine you to see if they could figure out what might be wrong with you."

Syrenne stared in confusion a little longer and then looked down at her bandaged feet, "It was just my feet that were hurt."  She said, "When I was running over the rough ground, I must have torn the skin.  Human skin is so much more delicate than scales.".....

"That is true."  he told her.  "The people here are good people, much like those of the Spire.  Not all are bad like Carrow.  Soon we will be back home, though."

Syrenne nodded and then looked around the room proper for the first time.  "Is every home like this?"  She asked, feeling that it was far too clean and clinical for her liking....

Merlin laughed and said, "No, not like this.  this is a hospital, a place of healing and medicine.  It has to be kept extremely clean to prvent germs and such from making people sick."  he smiled, "Homes are comfortable and are suited to those that live there, much like the spire.

Syrenne looked around and nodded again, "Ok."  She told him.  A moment later, Brett returned with some clean scrubs and put them carefully on the end of the bed.  "You look so much better than before."  She said and then smiled to Merlin, "By the way, I have something of yours, I think."  She reached into her pocket and pulled out Syrenne's jewels and her medallion.  "The doctors had to remove them to check her over, but seeing as you're fine, you can have them back.  Really nice pieces, very unique."  Syrenne was quick to snatch her royal seal back and the necklace and held them close to her.  "What did she say?"  She asked, "Why did she have my things?".....

"They were removed so that the doctors could check you over to make sure you had no other injuries.  She kept them to protect them, till you were awake.  You see she is a friend, you do not have to fear her."

Syrenne nodded and offered the other woman a smile in thanks.  Brett picked up on this and nodded her head, "You're welcome."  She said and then looked back to Merlin, "Right, so care to tell me now what i'm already thinking?"  She asked before looking back at Syrenne once more......

Merlin laughed, "Well as you may have probably figured out, she is of the ocean, Her people are from the ancient city of Jakar that sank along with Atlantis.  They found the way to adapt to the ocean and when the islands sank, they took to the seas, and became the merfolk that ancient lore talk about.  You are looking at the Queen of the Merfolk.  Her people are very angry with the surface people because one of them had her kidnapped.  So you see I must get her back to the ocean as soon as I can."

Brett lifted an eyebrow and then looked at Syrenne's feet.  Weren't they supposed to have tails like whale or dolphins?  Int he end, she took the answer at face value and nodded, "Fair enough."  She said, "I'll arrange transport for you both when the doctor says she can go.  Until then, I'd like for you both to stick around.  I have a lot of questions about the Carrow place and no doubt there'll be some suits that want answers too.".....

Merling handed the scrubs to Syrenne ant told her to put them on.  Well he had to show her.  When done, he shook his head at Brett. "I need to get her back now.  The merfolk have massed and are ready for war.  They can command certain sea animals like the whales or at least talk to them and have them do their bidding.  They also have ancient weapons that if I am right about, can do masive damage.  I told you earlier that many lives were at stake.  This is why.  Get us to the ocean and we can stop any problems."

"But.."  Brett stammered, then looked at Syrenne before back to Merlin.  After a moment, she nodded, "Fine."  She said, "But as soon as you can, I need you both back on dry land again.  There's a lot of questions here that have no answers and I believe you two are the only ones that know them."  She moved to the door and opened it, but before stepping out, she looked up and downt he corridor quickly.  "I'll head out first and find a buggy for you, or bring your horse around.  Then I'll take you the back roads to the marina.  You can escape from there."  At his side, Syrenne looked up and furrowed her brow, "What is she saying?".....

"She is going to help us get back to the ocean.  But you will have to be brave and not freak out on the way we get there."  he smiled.  "I was told of how you reacted to the horses, the large anamils with four legs.  They are gentle creatures that we use to get around these days.  Much like the dophins or whales.  They are frightening creatures if you do not know how they are."  he guided her out of the room and then outside.  "we will take my horse."  he told Brett.  He mounted up and exteded his arm down for Syrenne to take it.

Brett nodded and mounted up onto Chester.  Syrenne stared in fear at both horse and hesitated.  Even when Merlin put his hand down to her, she backed up and stared at the large animal with fear and mistrust.  She began to shake her head, "I don't like it."  She said.  Brett sighed and turned in her saddle, "We don't have time for this."  She said, "The doctors will be coming back soon and the suits won't be long after.  If you want to get gone, we need to go now.".....

Merlin looked down at Syrenne.  "Do you trust me?"  he asked, "Come it will be alright. Do not be afraid.  They may look strange but they can be very gentle."

Syrenne looked from the horse to Merlin and then back again before she gingerly put her hand out.  She felt him haul her up and she positioned herself at his front so she could hold onto him.  "They look so frightening."  She whispered and then gripped tighter as she felt the huge thing move beneath her....

Soon they were galloping down the road, the air moving past them. Syreene's hair blowing in the wind as Merling held on to her.  Soon he turned off the road and across a field of grass and flowers.  The air was soon filled with their scents.  Some time later they finally came to the ocean and the air was filled with the smell of salt water.  He turned to Brett, "Thank you for your help and kindness."  he told her.  He slid from the horse and helped Syrenne down.  "Now you will see something few have seen."  hand in hand he took Syrenne to the water's edge.  He entered the water and began to glow some as the change began.  Soon he was flipping his huge tail and fins about laughing.

Brett dismounted from Chester and watched as Syrenne shed her clothing and pulled the bandages from her feet.  She then smiled at Merlin's words and stood with her arms folded to watch.  she blinked a few times and then let her jaw drop open as Merlin suddenly grew a massive tail.  "Woah!"  she said, coming closer to the water.  Just at that time, Syrenne also entered the water and the same thing happened.  "Oh wow!"  Brett breathed, "That is.... that's so cool!"  She watched as Syrenne suddenly gained over a foot in height from the tail and nodded with a smile.  The gills were a little freaky, but Syrenne was a fish after all, right?  In the water, Syrenne lifted out enough and she bowed her head to Brett before puttng her jewels back where they belonged.  "Thank you, Shayla."  She said, "Thank you for helping me."  Brett furrowed her brow, understanding only her name and then looked at Merlin.  "Was that a thank you?".....

Merlin smiled, "Yes indeed it was."  he laughed and then said, "Some day if you wish, we have the means of transforming humans into merfolk and back.  You could come and see their world."  With that he dove beneath the water and began swiming towards the Sprire.  It would take time but they would get there.  He only hoped it would be in time.

Brett nodded and held her hand up in a small mock salute, "I'll look forward to it."  She called and then shook her head in both disbelief and laughter as they both sank beneath the water.  "Well, that's an experience and a half."  She said, leaving with Chester.  Below the water, Syrenne was quick to work her fins, but the injuries were still there and the salt water made them sting.  She had to slow down and she bent her tail around.  "I must have done more damage than I thought."  She said to Merlin before showing him the deep scrapes and cuts in her fins.....

"They will heal."  he told her as they continued on.  They were soon joined by a pod of dolphins.  They would help them get there faster as they could help Syrenne move faster and not make the damage to her fins worse.

Syrenne nodded and then began to whistle as she spotted a pod of dolphins making for the open ocean.  They agreed to help and Syrenne happily clamped her strong fingers around the dorsal of the lead dolphin.  Another offered themselves to Merlin to help and began whistling at Syrenne.  Syrenne whistled back, thanking them and then looked to Merlin.  "They will take us directly home."  She said to him....

Meanwhile on the open ocean the ships of the corporation were closing in on the spire.  There were two dozen of them, and as they came on here and there one would drop something into the water and after a bit thre was a huge gyser of water where it had been dropped.  Beneath the water there was a powerful explosion and shockwaqve.  At the Spire there was a slight noise and one could feel a pulse in the water.  The Atlantinians brought the crystal weapons up to the surface.  The metal sleads rode on the surface of the water and two of the mermen of Atlantis swam up into the center of them  Here they slid back a pannel that revealed controls.  They began to operate them and the crystals began glowing.  They tilted the huge crystals slightly down and the fiirst one fired a beam of light that lanced out at the ships miles away yet.  The light hit the ship and it burst into flames.

As the Atlantians were attacking from the surface, several of the Spire warriors were coming up from underneath.  They covered their ears and held their gills closed at the shockwaves in the water and when they saw the offending item causing it, they quickly raced to retrieve it.  Seconds later, it was thrown back at the guilty ship.  The mine exploded right on the hull and split the ship open to the water.  The warriors then moved in, showing no mercy in their actions as they dragged the crew into the water and drowned them before attacking the ship itself.  Even Hector had a hand in it.  Once that ship was falling beneath the waves, they moved onto the next, amking sure not to get caught in the cross fire from the Atlantians......

Pandemonium reigned on the decks of the ships.  One had been set afire by a beam of light.  Another had been destroyed by one of its depth charges, and had been swarmed by merpeople.  The crew had been drug beneath the water and drowned.  Soldiers lined the railings of the ships and began firing into the wate.  Bullets plowed through the water for a short distance before they slowed and sank.  But if any were near the surface they would be hit.  Some got to close and were wounded.  Three of the ships were war ships that had cannon on them.  They elevated their guns and fired in the direction of the Spire.  Gone were the days of the huge gusn of battle ships that could fire and hit their target with percision.  Thise cannons though modern could only be compensated by humans.  The shels hit and exploded as they hit the water.  They fell short of the target but were close enough to send shock waves through the water.  The second crystal weapon fired and hit its target.  The ship eruped into flames and the crew that was on deck were burned to death.

Hector and Sharok split into two groups and took their respective warriors to the remaining ships.  They attacked in unison, not giving wither ship the chance or opportunity to do any real damage.  The shock waves at the Spire were harsh, but not as dangerous as in open water.  The shaping of the rocks and the churning of the current saw to that and soon enough, many of the non warriors, even young juveniles began getting into the fray.  Using seaweed slingshots, they threw large rocks and small boulders at the attacking ships, causing much damage on the decks and upper hulls of the boats.  There was no mercy here, not for any ground dweller that wasn't already classed as community.  Many more crew were dragegd down by the mermen and some mermaids too, but their ends were the same.  They were drowned and torn apart to be made fish food.  Some of he juveniles even began eating the remains, seeing no point in wasting good meat.  The fighr was vicious and merciless and Hector wanted it that way to show the ground dwellers they had picked the wrong people to fight with.....

The viciousness of the attack and the destruction as three more ships burst into flames was enough for the captains of the other ships.  Commands were given and the remaining ships turned back to head for the mainland.  The five ships burning, just sat there and burned.  The crews had either died or taken to life boats, but the merfolk did not let them escape.  The life boats were torn apart and the men drowned.

Once the remaining ships began to turn around, Sharok order the warriors to go after them.  He wanted no survivors and neither really did Hector.  The order to chase them down and drown them was called throught he ranks and soon enough, several dozen warriors were catching up with the ship and taking several chunks from the steerage.....

Mermen of Atlantis also swam after the ships.  These carried the strange tube like weapons.  They riaised out of the water and aimed them at the ships crew and fired.  Beams of light flashed out and his some of the crew who burst into flames and died as they were burned to death.  The crews and soldiers fought back, firing at anything that moved in the water.  Some mermen were hit and wounded, others were killed.  Out of the two dozen ships only the three war ships managed to escape, as they had more powerful engines then the others.

Sharok and Hector chased the other ships as best they could, but the engines were just too fast and too noisy to keep following.  Int eh end, they gave up the chase and came back to help finish off the other ships.  Only when the last one sank beneaththe waves did they finally stop and regard the situation.  Blood stained the water they breathed and it didn't take long for sharks to begin swimming around, looking for an easy meal.  Normally, the merfolk would have allowed this and gone back to the Spire, but not this time.  Every last member of the crews were dismemebered and what could be eaten, was.  After some time, Hector met up with the ambassador for the Atlantians and bowed his head as he swallowed a lump of thigh muscle from a victim.  "A good fight."  He said proudly....

The ambasador nodded and spoke in his language to Hector  "Yes a good battle.  Let this cement the friendship of our tow peoples.  The Atlantinians have much to make up for.  Our ancestors did your people a great wrong.  If they had only came in peace, the two great nations could have done great wonders together"

"And they will."  Hector said with pride, "But your war was with Jakar, not us of the Spire.  We were banished from there long ago, but now with our new king and Syrenne as our rightful queen, we can once again be one people of the oceans."  He embraced the ambassador and then started back to the Spire.  Knowing that Merlin had found Syrenne and would bring her home, it was cause for great celebration.  "Come, my community!"  he called to everyone, "Let us celebrate!  we have won the battle and our royals are coming home!"  The whole Spire came alive with cheers and bowing and all eagerly made their way to the great hall with their spoils to lay out in celebration.....

It was some time later that Syrenne and Merlin finally arrived.  They could taste the blood in the ocean still and they saw the wrecks at the bottom of the ocean of the ships.  Merlin knew that the battle had been waged and that the surface dwellers had lost.  The five huge cryusstals had benn brought back down and now were anchored about the spire.  Above Merlin's father's ship and the Cutter were anchored.  The Crew of the Cutter and it's captain had not taken part in the battle.  The government was still trying to figure things out and did not want to get involved yet.  But it was reported back to them by the Captain of the Cutter of everything that had transpired.  The weapons of the Atlantinians were powerful, more powerful then anything available to mankind.  Even the nukes were gone, dismantled, never to be made again.  Oh there was hot debates at the capitol on the subject but as with politicians not much done at the moment.  John's friend in the Senate kept him apraised of it all.  Finally Merlin and Syrenne entered the community of the Spire and made for the great hall.

From the moment they passed the last league marker, the entire Spire community began coming out to welcome Syrenne and Merlin back.  Hector was out front with them and raced for them when he saw them.  He reached Merlin first and swung his massive arms around the other male and hugged him close.  "Thank you!"  He said happily and then let him go to scoop Syrenne into his embrace.  "Oh, my spawn!"  he said, holding her close, "Oh, my precious ward!  Are you alright?  Did they hurt you?"  Syrenne looked to Merlin and shook her head, "My injuries are of my own doing."  She told him honestly, "The ground dweller that took me, I destroyed his home and escaped.  Merlin found me and brought me home and I think we made some new friends along the way."  Hector turned back to merlin and let Syrenne go, "Her attackers have been destroyed.".....

"From what my father has told me as we got here, the battle has caused quite the uproar in the government.  They see how determined and ferious we can be.  As he talked he finally realized that he was talking, and had been for some time now as being one of them.  He was no longer a surface dweller but one of them and he liked the idea.  Though he could never break the ties to the surface, he had found a place he could really call home.  "I think they will now listen and wish peace with us."  he then spotted the Ambasador and what looked to be the leader of the merfolk of at Alantis.  He swam to them and took them by the arms.  "My thanks to you and your people."  he smiled at them.  Of course he needed Hector to translate for him.

Hector followed him and happily translated for the ambassador.  In reply, the ambassador leaned forward and touched his forehead with Merlin's.  "That is a sign of family."  Hector said with pride, "He is honouring you.  If you return the action, you will be accepted by the Atlantians as well as us."....

Merlin returned the action.  "We are now one poeple, one family."  He then turned to the leader of the Atlantinians and made the same gesture.

Once the action was done, more cheers went up and Hector lifted his arms, "Now let us celebrate!"  He called.  From the grand hall, and completely illogically, but there was music.  Hector led them into the hall to find several of hte merfolk dancing around each other and being happy once again.  Syrenne followed in behind Merlin was her place, but once inside, she moved to Merlin's front and smiled, "Dance with me."....

"With pleasure he said and began moving about her.  Everyone was in a festive mood now and he could not help but join in.  But in the back of his mind, he knew that the corporation was not so easily defeated.  They would be back and more prepared.  But for the time being it was time to celebrate and cement the bonds of frendship.  However a few miles from Jakar the former kings Mother conversed with other merpeople.  Those loyal to her.  "I want that little...... bottom feeder and her half bried mate destroyed.  I don't care how it is done, just get it done."

Syrenne moved and danced with Merlin and then moved around to others that were also dancing.  The evening came and went and soon, the cool waters of night began to drift into the hall.  Things on cue, began to wind down and only a few were left behind to talk and eat as they wanted.  Hector took his chance to sit with Merlin while Syrenne was kept busy by Arien and Damus.  "You had us worried for a while, Merlin."  He said quietly, "We feared that maybe you wouldn't have found her in time."....

"For a time there I was a bit worried my self.  But I would go to the ends of the earth to search and find her and bring her home."  he then sighed.  "But I am afraid the expeience has left her with a hatred for the surface world.  I so wanted to show her my world, but with her being kidnapped, her escape and seeing the world without someone to explain and slowly show her, she will never return there."

Hector shook his head in disappointment, but then smiled once more, "I'm sure she will come around."  He said, "Once she has got over the attack, she will go back up there with you.  You've both had a bad start in things and you both need time to adjust, that's all."  His smile then brightened, "Besides, she won't have much of a choice when she spawns.  No doubt your family will wish to meet their second generation offspring as much as I do.  Syrenne will be fine given some time and care."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:09 pm

He watched Syrenne dance and talk with her friends. He smiled as he saw Damus talking with Arien and Syrenne. It seemed that his new position had gotten the young maid's attention. Plus his part in the battle was to be commended. He fought like ten, killing many of the soldiers on the ships. He had proven himself a mighty warrior, more then a mere hunter.

He hoped that Hector was right. There was so much that he wanted her to see. He would of course have to begin teaching her English. It would be a lot easier for her to talk to people then. He knew he would have to go to up to the ship to talk to his father. His father was already trying to arrange a meeting with the leader of their country and him. After the day, they needed to talk and the merfolk had shown that they were not to be messed with.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next