The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through The Mirror

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Through The Mirror - Page 5 Empty Re: Through The Mirror

Post by LadyRaven Fri May 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Mina~
The fae smiled and nodded as Marthur declined the invite, finding him more and more a gentleman than she could imagine him to be. She shook his hand lightly and then backed up as he threw his cloak on and left. She went to bed and slept for what little time she had before loud knocking woke her. It had only been a few hours, but she had still rested and she had been looking forward to joining Marthur for breakfast. She had intended to prepare the meal in the café and then take it to his shop, but the knocking persisted and when she finally reached the front door, she found a long queue of people waiting to be let in. Breakfast with Marthur would have to wait, it seemed.

Pulling the door wide open, the people flocked in, many of them congratulating her on her honours the night before. She put on her best smile and accepted their congratulations before seating them all and taking their orders. Her café was full and more people were coming in. By the time she served the first table their morning meal, people were queuing out of the door! Mina didn't want to turn them away, that would be rude, but she simply couldn't handle that many people on her own. In response, some younger ladies that had been stood in the queue came forward and without a word of request, or anything like it, they put on aprons and began helping Mina.

Mikal~
The Regent looked over the moons as Anna accepted his invite and Mikal grinned from pointed ear to pointed ear about it. He got up from the chair as she spoke of his duties first and he nodded, "Of course, Milady." He said, "I shall collect you after breakfast." He bowed his head and left her rooms.

Once in bed and settled, Mikal put his hands behind his head and grinned at the canopy of his bed. He was looking forward to his ride with Anna across the plains. He wondered if she would ride independently, or if she would ride with him. He knew of few women that could ride on their own, his sister being the main one, but that had only been because she had insisted on learning from the moment she could reach the reigns. Most ladies of the nobility these days considered riding undignified and dangerous and he didn't doubt that their attire had a lot to do with it. Anna wasn't like them and he liked that. She had a mind and opinion of her own and she wasn't afraid to use it. Or so it had seemed to him thus far.

The morning arrived and Mikal rose to his usual routine. After exercising, he washed and dressed, but he didn't put on his full uniform. He wore his royal seal of course, but that was all. Today, he would dress as a normal man, albeit a noble one. He had his breakfast in the kitchen at Cook's side and enjoyed the attention he got from the serving maids. He wondered if Anna would be jealous if she saw this happening. Once he was done, he made his way to the garrison courtyard to arrange the duties for the day as promised....

Frae~
After waking the first time, Frae settled again, but didn't sleep. She drifted some, but that was all. Her mind was still very much awash with her dream and when Marie returned to started the morning routine, opening the curtains and such, Frae sighed heavily and threw the covers back. She still had that distant smile on her lips and Marie openly laughed at her about it as they began their usual morning rituals.

After stretching her wings and a thorough preening of them, Frae washed and then went about making her bed while Marie called down for breakfast. Frae liked her mornings and her breakfast in quiet. Marie and the meal arrived promptly, oat porridge with sliced apple. While Frae ate, Marie went through her queen's wardrobe to find something fitting for the day ahead. There was nothing on the agenda, so she picked something more relaxed and with Frae's slightly rosy complexion, something feminine and delicate. She picked out a soft pink gown with full skirts and a low back so she could let her wings relax and get some air to the skin underneath and between them.

It was just as Marie was buttoning the last part of the back when she heard knocking at Frae's door. The knock said it was a guard and she could hear San Riel's voice also. Why would he be visiting now, she wondered as Frae lifted an eyebrow at her maid. Indeed, why would San Riel be there? They had nothing arranged for the morning, or for the entire day for that matter. Marie went to answer the door as Frae finished up brushing her hair. She pulled the huge black mass over her shoulder, exposing her entire back and looked out of the window as she dragged the brush through systematically.
"What is it?" Marie asked the guard as she smiled at San Riel. She opened the door a little further on purpose so the Dark Elf could see Frae by the window.
"He has information for the queen." The guard said quickly, "Regarding the dragons and the recent visit of Archon."
"Oh my!" Marie said and quickly pulled the door all the way open. "You'd best come in then, Sir." She said to San Riel and quickly beckoned him inside.
Behind them, Frae heard the High Elf's name and quickly turned around to face San Riel. Any hint of a smile was now gone. "San Riel?" She asked, almost afraid to be told what he knew.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 6:41 am

Anna knew that he was a flirt so she didn't have a problem with him. The service made had always talked about him. It didn't bother her a bit. If he was a man that she was meant to be with he would prove it in time. If not, there would be no harm done. She had breakfast after him and she watched him perform his duties with a smile friendly smile. She wore her riding I outfit comfortably. A comfortable pair of pants and shirt that was still feminine but had a bit of a tomboy edge to it. She knew how to ride with ease. She has a strange connection with animals just like she did with plants. So she wasn't scared at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 am

San Riel moved into the room and gave a bow to Frea.  He to was not smiling, though seeing her made his heart beat faster.  "I have bad news I am afraid.  An aquintence of mine in the lower city, overheard two men that fit the discriptions of the two at the party last night.  They were discussing the kidnapping of Mitheral."

It appears that the original kidnapping of the egg was just to get it here.  Those really behind it have not been known till now.  I intend to take a dragonfly and try to fly out to the caravan." He had no real relationship with the little dragon, but he felt a kinship of sorts. Mitheral had been hatched in his house and they had seemed to have bonded somehow. He would not let her be kidnapped if he could help it.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonMaster Pyro Mon May 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Marthur went into his shop and up to his quarters. He took off his robe and amulet, even though they were magical they were only for special occasions. He than began his ritual.
Drawing a circle in chalk he sat inside and folded his legs. Marthur brought fire to his hands and held the flame. He closed his eyes as his body withstood extreme burning heats from the flame. Marthur brought his mind to the time where he learned this exercise, the day his mentor taught him this.
"Make it hot Marthur, as hot as you can stand, then make it hotter." He heard in his head, remembering the moment.
"Then what?" Marthur asked.
"Hold it until it burn, then hold it a little longer."
"Won't I hurt myself?"
"Yes! And your body will force you to stop. That is why you will do this every night. Your mind can't forge what your body can't grasp. One day you will be able to cast amazing spells, but not if your too fragile. Learn my ways Marthur, you will be my legacy."
"Yes Magister Juh'Di."
"Now Marthur, bring forth ice and hold it to your body."
Marthur continued his ritual, remembering everything he was taught. That was ten years ago, and Marthur too was mastering the ways of his mentor Magister Juh'Di. Next was his physical exercises. Marthur lifted his body with his sleek but muscular arms, standing on them and pushing himself up. Marthur could do hundreds of full body pushups, as well as several other exercise techniques. He was taught that in order to be able to cast massive amounts of magic he must have good physical stamina and conditioning. After a long night of meditation and only a few necessary hours of sleep, Marthur awoke to a pleasant morning.
As Marthur left his shop, he was surprised with an early greeting. "Good morning Marthur." A woman greeted from her garden.
Startled Marthur replied. "Oh, hello Jade. How's your family doing?"
"Well thank you."
"Tell them I said hello." He said walking away waiving. Marthur was still not use to being accepted after his first day in the city.
When Marthur walked into the bust diner he was greeted by the blacksmith he helped. "Mage!" He called. He was sitting with some other rather large men sharing a hardy breakfast. "Mage! Come... come and eat with us."
"Mitch I..." Marthur looked around only to see that Mina was busy. He sighed and looked back at Mitch, smiling that he wasn't necessarily going to be eating breakfast alone. "Who else is going to buy me breakfast?" Marthur replied walking over to the table as the large blacksmith belted out a loud chuckle.

DragonMaster Pyro

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu May 15, 2014 10:11 am

Mikal~
Making his way back into the palace, Mikal had a distant and quite cute smile across his face. His usual stern features had been broken and it was more than noticeable to those that passed him. With the rotas sorted for the entire day, he was really looking forward to spending his free time with Anna. He had a full day now, not just the morning and he intended to make the absolute most of it. As he continued up the stairs towards the guest wing, he overheard something that sent a chill down his spine. One of the gate guards, one that he hadn't seen in the garrison, was talking in hushed, but urgent tones about Archon and a baby dragon.

It took only that instant for his free day to be forgotten and Mikal made a sharp turn on the stairs and bound back down them. He grabbed the guard by his collar, "What did you say?" He demanded quickly. The guard repeated the conversation at the gate and Mikal literally dropped the man and raced for Frae's rooms. He reached them just as Frae and San Riel were talking and stared at them both in fear, a fear that mirrored perfectly in his sister's eyes.

Frae~
Frae moved quickly across the room to San Riel as he began explaining what he had been told. She felt her heart leap up to her throat and then sink right down into her gut. She suddenly felt quite sick and she turned away from the door as the guards returned to their post so to speak. Marie quickly made herself scarce also to give them some privacy. "Yes, yes." She said about him taking a dragonfly. She nodded to that effect also, though she had another form of transport that was just as quick, if not quicker and it wouldn't spook the dragons so much either. They tended to eat dragonflies anyway.

"Wait, I have another idea." She said quickly. She moved to San Riel, her eyes filled with fear, "If they see a dragonfly, they might take offense and attack. I could call for Drago, he could take us there just as fast and he won't upset Mitheral's parents so much. He's only young, they won't see him as a threat. He's carried Mikal and I before, so I know he can take the weight." As she moved to the door, she spotted Mikal arrive in a hurry. It was clear he'd just found out too. "Find Archon!" He said to him quickly, "I don't care where he is, or whom is with him. I want him at my feet by the end of the day!" She then turned her head to Marie. "Marie!" She called. The woman came instantly to her. "Get Drago's whistle and fetch my weapons." Marie nodded and quickly gathered up the necessary items.

Mina~
The café was that busy that Mina didn't notice Marthur arriving until he had already sat. Looking flustered, she skittered between the counter and the kitchen as she filled the orders and handed them to her uninvited, but entirely grateful waitresses. When she finally did spot him, she smiled brightly and nodded to him. One of the waitresses noticed this and quickly went to the table. "Hey Mitch." She said to the large man and then looked to Marthur. "Lord Mage." She said with reverence. Mitch ordered breakfast for him, Marthur and his friends and the girl took the order quickly. After skipping through the tables with more and more orders, she eventually made it to the kitchen and three more women that had decided to help the fairy. She called the orders and then smiled to Mina. "Mina, your Mage is very handsome."
"He isn't my mage, Flora." Mina replied to the girl, "He's just a very good friend and a gentleman."
"The way you look at each other, I'd say very different." The girl named Flora said and then quickly grabbed up the complete orders and took them to the respective tables.

Finally, Mitch's order came and the table was laden heavy then with full breakfasts for all, including Marthur. Meat, eggs, pancakes, a selection of sauces and syrups and Mina's famous coffee. Around the café, the people just kept coming, though most understood now there was no hope for a table and so they took their orders to go. It would be at least two hours before the café slowed and Mina was able to take a breath. She hoped that Marthur would stick around and wait for her.

As the people were still waiting for their orders, something began happening outside. Mina watched as royal guards and police started filing past the café, heading for the butterflies and she couldn't help but go to the window to see what on earth was happening. Every last officer and soldier was armed to the teeth and then some. Was Serin suddenly going to war? She then saw Mikal riding past on Blaze, his loyal steed and Mina knew then something was very wrong. The regent was in full armour, as was Blaze. "Oh, this can't be good." She said as she quickly ran around the counter and outside to watch. "This can't be good at all." She turned, spying Marthur. She had fear in her eyes....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Anna heard a disagreement and heard about the baby dragon. It made her tense up. She makes her way to Frae and the others. She knocks and says, "What are we doing about the problem." Her arms crossed as she was not liking the idea of the baby dragon being used for something bad. Dragons were not supposed to be treated as animals. They were noble creatures that needed to be respected. Her wings twitched in anger.

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu May 15, 2014 9:01 pm

As Frae and San Riel talked, Mikal came after getting word of what was going on. Frae sent him out to bring Archon back to the palace and he left to do so. If they were going to go in pursuit of the would be kidnappers, San Riel had a feeling that they would need some help. Without thinking, he told one of the guards to go fetch Marthur. His magic might come in quite handy when they found them.

Anna also appeared and was asking about what was going on and talking about the dragons. "It seems that Mitheral is not out of danger yet. You have an affinity with nature, perhaps you would care to join us. We are going after those that intend to kidnap her."

The guard San Riel sent after Marthur arrived at the cafe as the food had been brought and everyone was eating. He looked around the cafe and spotted him and immediately went up to the table. "Sir, the queen and San Riel request your presence at the palace. It is of the utmost urgency that you come with me now."

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonMaster Pyro Sat May 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Mitch was sitting with a few friends when Marthur joined them. "This is Marthur, da Mage who enchanted my hammers." The big man growled.
Marthur looked up at Mina and smiled when her friend greeted him.
"What's on the menu boys?" Marthur asked sitting in his seat.
"A big breakfast, to put meat on those little arms." Mitch said grabbing Marthur's arm. "Oh would you look at that..." Mitch paused and laughed. "He must have those little muscle's from carrying that big staff all day."
Mitch's friend snickered. "You should watch yourself young Mage. Not many folk around here appreciate your kind. Some of us have heard dark tails of your Brotherhood using dark magic to ruin entire kingdoms." He said straightening his face and glaring at Marthur..
"I'll manage just fine thank you." Marthur replied a little offensively. "And those stories are centuries old. We've kept to ourselves since then and..."
"Exactly!" The man interrupted. "Why all the secrets? What are you hiding?"
"Enough...." Mitch grumbled. "He's cranky when he hasn't eaten. I'm sorry Marthur."
Finally their feast of a breakfast had arrived and Mitch dove right in. Not too soon after guards where walking the streets and people were becoming scared.
"No, no, no. This is not good." Mina sounded worried.
Then the guards came to seek him out. "Sir, come with us." Another guard added.
Marthur stood up and grabbed his staff, fallowing the guards. "Make haste, do not hesitate or waste valuable time." Marthur explained. "If urgency is an asset, the Queen would not like us to waste time. So quickly, tell me what is going on?"

DragonMaster Pyro

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5