The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 8!

Go down

Windows 8! Empty Windows 8!

Post by Ravenna 3arc Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:28 am

Im running a windows 8 platform for my gamining, and everyday tasks that I like to do. However I must say that windows 8 is the most annoying platform that I have ever used in my whole life.

For instance, when i wanna shut down my computer.... im supposed to move my mouse to the upper right corner of the screen, then scroll down and click the gear icon, then hit shutdown....

FOr me that is just way too many procedures to log/reboot/hibernate... personally I like getting things done and not having to take the long way to get it done.

So here is what i done... me being a smart-ass I created a binary file that upon double clicking, will shut down my computer for me without me having to click and move my mouse around like a crazy fucking maze. So now adays, when i wanna reboot, or shutdown my CPU i exicute the batch file and poof Very Happy

If you would like to use this same back door trick as me, I will give detailed instructions on how to do it.

For those that dont know, creating a batch file is simply putting in a command line that your computer recoginizes as a command execution. Putting in things like this can shutdown your computer, change your ip/isp address, the possibility is limitless. These command lines control your whole computer and unknown to most, when you use things like internet explorer, it executes a command line Very Happy thus you surfing the internet Very Happy

Steps to create batch files ::::

Step 1 : open note pad
step 2 : type the following into the note pad "shutdown.exe /s /t 15" make shure to not have the quotation marks...
step 3 : for the file name, save as shutdown.bat and then for the file type, save it as All files.
NOTE : Windows 8 users will have to pull up the note pad using the command promt and then do steps 1 t hrough 3.

TO pull up the cmd promt on windows 8, press the windows key + R at the same time. then your RUN will come up.

Once you have the RUN up, type in cmd. then it will open a small black box.
now in this black box you type in "Notepad" it will bring up the notepad and you now can do steps 1-3.

In the command code that i have given, I have it set to when you double click the file, it will shut your cpu down in 15 seconds. I have that as a personall setting and if you choose to do it immeditely or slower then you can change the time if you like.

I hope this solves any confusion and frustraition that anyone may have...
Ravenna 3arc
Ravenna 3arc

Male Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2013-10-09

Back to top Go down

Windows 8! Empty Re: Windows 8!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:58 am

There is also an app you can download to shut it down

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenna 3arc Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:46 pm

why would you download a app when you can create it yourself? the app does the same thing that my programming does, the only difference is your paying or getting a free item that someone could have coded other things into it.

Ravenna 3arc
Ravenna 3arc

Male Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2013-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:47 pm

I was just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content