The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hilander

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hilander - Page 2 Empty Re: Hilander

Post by questor Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:29 pm

In the morning Heather again approached Samhain to check her out to make sure she could ride. That is when she saw how black and blue her arm was. "Oh my. I missed this. Oh I am so sorry I didn't seen it last night." she told Samhain. She took Samhain by the good arm and lead her over to a large rock and had her sit. "This will hurt more then your hip." She said. "I should have seen it last night. I am such a fool for missing it."

Heather gave her a stick to bite on before she went to work setting the bone and then taking rope since she had nothing else and binding her one arm up so she could not move it and around the good shoulder and under the fore arm of the bad arm to hold it up and to her body. "This will have to do till we get to the highlands and get some proper medical attention."

Duncan lay there watching. Things had not gone as he had hoped and his wife to be seemed she had no stomach to go with them or honor the order of the King. When it was time for them to go, Connor and Angus came and picked him up and got him up on his horse. "Damn fool. Couragous but still foolish going like that last night." But there was a big grin on Connor's face. "Just like your Father ye be." then he laughed and mounted up himself. "What you think you be eh, charging off to save a damsel in distress." He looked over at Samhain with a differnt look though. He wouldn't say it but one could see that he didn't think she deserved what Duncan had done.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Samhain had only felt the numb ache of a dead limb, much like what her sister had spent years perfecting when Heather first came back to her and started apologising. However, the real damage was more than evident when the girl started manhandling her shoulder. She had no choice but to bite down on the stick and scream into it. She kicked her legs out, but away from Heather and stamped her feet as her shoulder was carefully, but agonisingly put back into place. By the time Heather started strapping the limb to her body, Samhain felt sick and dizzy with pain. It took a while to fade, but when it finally did dull into a deep ache, Samhain was able to see clearly again. Heather was more than meets the eye, the girl had some serious talent and even more compassion than anyone should ever possess. Samhain let the stick fall from her mouth and began to nod. "Thankee, thankee." She stammered, trying to show that she was genuinely grateful for the healing. Then the bile began to rise and Samhain quickly shot from the boulder and fled behind it to throw up. Injuries like this had always made her sick after, like her body's way of telling her it was over.

After some time, Samhain emerged from behind the boulder again, looking a little pale still and somewhat green behind the eyes, but otherwise, better than before. She heard what Connor said and looked at him carefully, seeing the look he gave her and knowing exactly what it was. It was a look she knew very well, she'd had it every day from the moment she could remember. She didn't belong and she wasn't wanted. She didn't deserve to be there, she didn't deserve anything at all. Oh yes, she knew exactly what was going through that man's mind and it took all she had to keep her tongue behind her teeth, lest she levy that sharp edge on him next.

When the troupe got back to the road, Samhain lingered back a while to think on things. Why would Duncan go back to save her? It wasn't like he actually cared for her. She was just some girl he'd been told he had to marry. Her family hadn't even had that much standing in the clan, well, she hadn't anyways. May would have been the far better and richer choice, surely. And she'd made it clear plenty that she didn't want this marriage either, so why go to all that trouble? Surely, if he'd left her there, she would have forced them to kill her, or she would have taken her own life, thus freeing them both, so why not simply let her die? Didn't he want to be free to marry the woman he loved? Didn't he want to bring home a wife his family could be proud of instead of some lowly lowlander with nothing of note? Didn't he want to be happy at all? She just couldn't make sense of him and it seemed he couldn't make sense of her either. After all, she was even more worthless now without her clan and her father's land. She was clanless, homeless, hopeless. Who would want that? What could he possibly see in her that would drive him to ride injured and into battle to save her? To risk his men as well in that task. This surely made the man utterly insane.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:23 am

As they rode on they were soon joined by three more groups of Highlanders returning with the brides to be. They all enquired on what had happened and then spat on the ground and cursed the English and the traitors. Then came another with word about the McNally clan. it had not been wiped out. Most had been taken prisoners so they could be taken back as slaves for the English and the Campbell Clan. When Duncan heard this he stopped. "We can not let them be taken like that. They must be freed. I have given my word that I would protect them. I will not leave them in the hands of traitors.." He turned his horse around to head back the way they had come.

"We have not the men to do such a thing Duncan McCloud." Connor said.

"If we don't do something now, perhaps it will be the clan your son's wife to be is from that will be next, or any of the others." he looked at the other lairds. They were to be cementing relations with the lowland clans the brides came from. "Will ye desert them?" he asked.

Connor sighed, knowing what Duncan said was true. "Send a man to each of the clans. Tell them what is happening and that we ask that they send men to help. You be a fool Duncan McCloud, but a brave and honorable one." Again they all turned and began riding back towards where the English and traitorous Campbells were. A man from each of the other clans galloped off urging their mounts to the fastest possible speed. Samhain, Heather, and the other brides to be were kept at the back of the men. They had three men with them that would take them away should they encounter any enemy.

"What be the plan?" Connor asked Duncan.

Duncan shook his head. "For now, keep them from taking them south. Perhaps sneaking in and free as many as we can. " he looked at Connor smiling. "I remember that raid on our cattle by your clan. My father's men never knew you were there until the morning."

Connor laughed loudly and grinned. "And your father got them back the next night. Aye we could do the same there."

They rode the day and into the night to spot the campfires of the enemy. It did not take long for the highlanders to take out the outer sentries and spread out. Duncan was a bit weak yet but he was not going to be sitting behind while others risked their lives for what he thought was right. He had his round shield and his sword at the ready as the night wore on and those in the camp were bedding down for the night.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:57 am

All the toing and froing between north and south was starting to make Samhain feel dizzy. Learning that some of her clan had survived, that had to be a good thing, but she doubted they would see it that way, especially when they saw she was still around. Hell, even the clan bastards were treated better than she was. As the party was turned around and Duncan made his rallying calls to arms, Samhain settled to riding right at the back of the caravan and she rode in silence the entire time, knowing exactly what would be awaiting Duncan when he saved what was left of her clan. She almost pitied him the outcome of such a conversation. She felt that perhaps she should say something, at least warn him of what would happen when he saved her clan members, but she also felt that perhaps he really did need to see for himself the omen she had been named for and the reason they had so desperately wanted her gone.

In small cages, barely fit to hold dogs, some of the angry clan members began taking among themselves. "I knew that wench should never have survived." One said darkly, "Sending her away like that simply set her free to hex us all. You all saw how she came back to watch the village burn."
"Aye." Said another, "Samhain McNally has been our undoing for years and now she watches us all suffer in plight. No doubt she's still out there, laughing at us and cursing us for all eternity. Cirus should have drowned the little bitch the day she dropped from her mother's cunt. She's been nothing but bad luck since the day she was born."
"If we ever make it out of this, I will personally hunt the bitch down and do exactly that." Said a third.
"Exactly what?" Asked the first.
"Drown the wench." Was the response. It was decided then, Samhain was the cause and reason for all what had happened to them and this was just another curse she had levied. How little they knew, but how shocked they would be when Duncan would come for them.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:11 pm

As they settled down for the night, seemingly not worried about being attacked, with the few outer guards and the few that were in the camp itself. Duncan was not taking any chances though. He sent men in both directions to spy out the land. It could be a trap to bring them in and then be attacked from behind. But there were no others about. The English were so sure of themselves and the Campbells, felt secure with their English friends there.

Duncan waited for a while, making sure that they were asleep and the guards were getting sleeping as well. He was about to give the signal to attack when word came that the men of the Sinclair clan had arrived. The laird of the clan moved forward to Duncan and Connor and the other three lairds that looked upon the camp. "No good Campbells." he spat on the ground. I Knew they would turn on us for money and land. What have ye us do?"

"Move around to the other side of the camp. When you see us attacking, you do the same from that direction." He nodded and was gone. Duncan waited a bit more, giving them time to move around the camp. He then rose and raised his sword. The highlanders rose from hiding and with a battle cry, Duncan charged in, Connor and the other lairds at his side. The camp was surprised and the guards were cut down fast. Those in the camp that managed to get up and arm themselves found themselves facing thirty highlanders and at least fifty men of the Sinclair clan.

Blood flowed and soaked the ground. The cries of the enemy filled the air as they were cut down and left to die. Not one Englishman or Campbell that was there that night lived. When it was over with he stood before the cages that held the McNally Clan. "I am Duncan McCloud of the Clan McCloud. By taking Samhain McNally as my bride, The McNally clan is under my protection and I have sworn an oath to come to its aid when it is in danger." He struck with his sword the padlock that held the chain together that ran through the other latches of the cages. The lock broke and he pulled the chain from them. "Take refuge with the Sinclair clan for now. When you can return to your land and rebuild. I will send the funds needed, once I return to my lands. Take up the swords of our enemies and use them to defend yourselves."

He then saw Heather McNally and helped her to her feet and took her to Samhain. She lived, but he did not see her father. Then he saw Samhain's sister May. "Go to your mother and sister and thank your sister for being saved this night."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Samhain knew what was to come, but she kept her mouth shut about it and waited back with the other women, the other brides. Most of them looked nervous, frightened. She figured most of them had never seen true danger before, not like this. They were fearful, and rightly so. Only her new friend, Heather, it seemed was as calm as her. And she would remain so, at least until faced with her clan once again. Then she would know her deep fears once more.

Staying back, she listened to the battle and the war cries of her new husband. Despite his injuries, he seemed intent on continuing his war against the English and keeping his word to her father and his brothers. What none of them could have known yet, Cirus had fallen trying to stop the Campbell's first son from taking May. As it happened, May had been treated rather kindly by comparison to the other women of the clan, including her mother. Unlike her daughter, Heather didn't have the luxury of being pure still and worth something and being barren meant the men could have their pleasures with no fear of a bastard later down the line. They made good use of that fact.

When Duncan and his small army finally broke the English and Campbell encampment, it was clear their arrogance had cost them everything. Every last one of them fell and it wasn't long before Duncan reminded the McNally clan of his oath. Some were grateful and believing of him. Others not so much. When Heather saw him, she almost felt her heart break. How could he bring Samhain back to this carnage? But she understood he wanted to keep his word, his honourable oath to protect and serve her clan as much as his own. She staggered through the men towards where she was told Samhain would be and willingly fell at her daughter's feet in tears of relief. May on the other hand, was not so welcoming of that and though she went to Samhain, she did not greet her sister, nor thank her. Like many of her male clan members, she was more than happy to believe the dogma and lay the blame for this squarely at Samhain's feet. "You came back to watch us burn, Omen." She said darkly, "And now your bastard husband has destroyed my only chance of a better life. I curse the day you fell from Mother's skirts." And she spat at her sister. Samhain said nothing and simply turned her face away when May spat on her. This was nothing more than what she had been used to all her life. And if Duncan happened to see that small cruelty, he might finally understand why Samhain was so desperate to be away from them all, every last one of them.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:18 am

Duncan saw how May treated her sister and was disgusted with the girl. It seemed she thought of nothing but herself. "Well then you go find yourself a hole to live in then, for ye not coming with us to the Highlands and I don't think your clan will be accepting you much." He nodded to Angus and had him drag the girl away and push her towards the rest of the clan that survived. He helped Heather up again and said, "You will be coming with us to the Highlands as well." he told her. He saw out of the cornner of his eye the dead body of her husband. He was not going to have her stay behind alone, with no man to take care ofher.
Once the McNally clan had gathered themselves and stripped the English of their weapons and equipment they did as he had bid them. They went with those of the Sinclair Clan, until they could recover and return to their own farms. As he could see May was not well welcomed among them. It seemed she had prefered the company of the English then her own clan. Well now she would have more to blame on his Samhain, instead of her own self.‏

Samhain remained perfectly silent the entire scene, making only a small whimper of sound at the sheer malice in her sister's voice. For all the years of hatred she had suffered under her older sibling, this had hurt the most. Even their mother turned her face away in shame then and almost buried her face in Samhain's tattered skirts. And then, when Duncan came to them and all but cast May out, Heather finally emerged again and crawled in her hands and knees to the man, her hands clutching at the hem of his tunic, "Thankee Sy, oh, thankee Sy!" She cried, "But I beg of you, have mercy for my daughter. She knows not what she says, Sy, please!" Still sat on the rock, Samhain remained in absolute silence, unable to form the words for what had just happened......‏

Duncan could see how distraught Heather was. Even after what her one daughter had said and done, she still wanted her taken care of. He could see that the clan did not want anything to do with her and therefore neither did the Sinclairs. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, "Fetch her and bring her along, but if she opens her mouth to spout anything bad, beat her." he told Anugs. The big man shook his head and went off to do Duncan's bidding. She was ruffly drug back to them and placed on a horse. Duncan helped Heather up on one and then helped Samhain onto another. "Now let there be no more trouble. I be wanting to get home as soon as we can."
The Highlanders formed up and began making their way once more to the Highlands. It was going to be a long trip with the bad tempered May among them. She had best be grateful of not being left behind, he thought. She would have no where to go and she would have starved long before she found anyone that would take her in.‏

And she made sure they all felt it the entire way. She spat at Angus and Duncan and even more so her sister at every opportunity and she point blank refused to do anything beyond complain and snap at anything and anyone that came near her. While helping her mother stay right on the horse she had been given, Samhain finally lost patience on the second day of the journey and without warning, she turned Blaze about and reared him right up in front of May's horse. Naturally, the poor animal was spooked and threw May quite aptly into the pile of dung it had just left behind. Then, with a nod of satisfaction, and still in silence, Samhain returned to her mother. May was then left to pick herself up and put herself right once more. "Bitch!" She snapped,. "Mistake!".....‏

Angus smiled at what Samhain had done. The annoying girl had gotten on his nerves as well as it seemed it had on everyone else. When she began to mouth off, he reached down and back handed her. "Duncan said you were to talk only with respect. Now do so or I be backhanding you again. If if he did not like Samhain for what she had done, she was still Duncan's wife to be and deserved respect now.
Connor rode by and said, "About time, someone did that." He then rode past May letting her get back on her horse, smelling of horse dung.‏

Samhain turned her head some as she heard Angus slap her sister, but she didn't leave her mother's side a second time. As for May, she yelped as she was struck and then held her cheek and jaw as she scowled at Angus, "Some man you are!" She yelled, "Hitting a defenceless woman. Oh, how very fucking brave and manly you are, ye big hairy monster!" Her eyes then turned to Connor as he rode past and she growled again, "I curse you all!" She yelled.....‏

Angus just laughed at her. "Lookes like ye has been the one curese." he laughed again, and rode on. Duncan slowed his horse and rode beside Samhain and her mother. He did not know how such a woman could have come to be. Spiteful and interestedn in herself only. She didn't even seem to care for her mother or the loss of her father. But he kept her with them for the sake of Heather who seemed to love her no matter what.
Now he had to think of what he was to do with her once they reached the Highlands. Many thoughts ran through his mind. A bad accident of her falling off her horse and down the side of a mountain or perhaps wandering off and being attacked by a pack of hungry wolves. He surely would not shed a tear. But something like that would not happen, so he was going to have to think of something to get her out of their lives but yet where Heather felt she would be safe.‏

"I'll have my revenge!" May shouted, "One day!" Any hope of supplanting her sister had no been dashed, but there were other options still available. It sure would be a shame is Samhain were to meet a nasty end. Not that she wanted to marry Duncan anymore, but the treaty still had to be upheld and she was after all of the same bloodline. Being mistress of the clan would certainly give her back some of what she felt was owed after everything they had done to her. Her plans though, she would keep to herself, she didn't trust any of them, least of all the huge hairy ape named Angus.
Riding further forward with her mother, Samhain considered her options carefully. Once her plan within the McCloud clan had been secured by her local marriage to Duncan, she could have her sister banished, but that would mean certain death for her and no matter the hatred she had been dealt over the years, Samhain just wasn't that cruel. One thing though, she would certainly keep May out of the home and well away from her and their mother. And what to do with their mother? She and Samhain had never shared a close bond, but it was clear that the woman needed her as a daughter. With Cirus now dead, Heather was destitute and would need the mercy of her husband's clan to protect and keep her until her death. She wondered just how much of that mercy the ageing woman would be able to accept and how much pride it would cost her. Samhain felt at a loss.....‏

On the third day they were joined by a number of the highland clans' lairds or their sons and the birdes to be. They were all returning to the Highlands and many Duncan knew. There were twenty clans represented as they all began their final leg of the journey to the Highlands. Here there was talk of the weding plans of the other clans and invites being passed around to each of them. But the way the days were planned many would miss the other's wedings.
It was then that Duncan offered a solution. "Why not have them all on the same day and at the same place. Then there be no chance of missing the weddings and festivities. To it would shoten the travel times between the weedings." This suggestion was liked by the other Lairds and the sons of the other lairds. But where would they have it. Such a thing had not been done, and it would have to support quite the gathering of people. "The Castle McCloud is a big place and can house the brides and grooms. I am sure the people of the village will be more then willing to put up other guests. Though each of the lairds will have to bring enough food with them to help with the feast after."
Connor laughed and slapped Duncan on the back. "Aye lad, I like the idea. What say ye all?" All of them agreed and were enthusaistic about it. It was agreed that two weeks from the day they would hold the weddings and feast. By the time they seperated to go their own ways back to their clans, the arrangements had been made and Duncan, Samhain, May, Heather, Angus and two other of his clan rode to the lands of the Mcclouds.‏

On the third day, Samhain was treated to quite a sight as other clan leaders seemed to join them out of nowhere. It seemed that each had set out around the same time to collect their brides and such and bring them home in one mass exodus. It was impressive, but Samhain knew better than to open her mouth. May however, was quick to include herself to any that would see her, though with only a look from Angus, she found herself pretty much on her lonesome all over again. It seemed he was determined to keep her separated from everything and everyone. Samhain, once again, said nothing and simply remained with her mother as they joined the main mass of travellers and started north. All the planning, she kept well out of, she wanted nothing to do with any of it. Besides, it wasn't her place to say anything and despite what Duncan might have to say on the matter, a silent woman was always better.......‏
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum