The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Castle of the Devil

2 posters

Go down

The Castle of the Devil Empty The Castle of the Devil

Post by Chaosmazer Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:38 pm

The Castle of the Devil Solomon-kane-movie-poster-crop

No beasts seemed to stir on that night in the Black Forest... yet there were travelers. Many travelers were in the woods... some simple merchants foolish enough to go without a body guard, there were men who preyed upon the fools with blades of steel... And then there was one man... sleeping a bit off of the trail... Tall, black hair fell from under his hat, his face even asleep held a grim beauty. His body, strong yet agile, like that of a wolf... covered by a dark cloak, a long sword joined with a dagger at his side, along with a pistol. All now laying within an arms reach of the sleeping man.
Suddenly he heard something, a light sleeper he woke suddenly... In the darker shadows he could swear that he had seen something... heard something... he stood, his weapons at the ready as his eyes pierced into the darkness. It was sudden, the man was unable to act as a large wolf jumped on him. Fighting feverishly, attacking with his smaller dagger made from silver, searching to sink into the beast's flesh! His other hand holding the creatures snapping maw from his neck, knowing that one bite would mean his end... it had been a long time since he had encountered a live werewolf!
The fight ended suddenly however. The man moved quickly, faster than even the wolf could react... his silver dagger sinking into the heart of the beast... he rolled the dead body aside panting. Cleaning his dagger he looked threw the trees to the sky, morning was nearing... no more sleep would be had that night. The man walked the path through the forest until he reached the edge while the sun was raising.

Coming upon a town outside of the forest... oddly empty and many buildings looking as though they have been abandoned. In the distance a large castle could be seen... about a two days walk nestled into the side of a mountain. The man felt something odd about that place.
A few men and women went about their work, but all seemed skittish, especially of the stranger in town. Walking into a small tavern, he ordered a drink before looking to the nervous barkeep. His eyes searching... "What has happened in this town... why is everyone so scared that they jump at their own shadow?" he asked boldly. The barkeep looked about then to the man. "Boy... you haven't heard of all the people disappearing? All the men who have been dragged off?" The barkeep said. The man shook his head. The barkeep continued. "Some say... it is from that castle... the people around here call it The Castle of the Devil!" he said. "Yet... for hundreds of years, nobody has lived there... it is just abandoned ruins..." the barkeeper said. The man stood up. "Then it seems as if I have found my destination... this... Castle of the Devil... there was a werewolf outside of town... I dealt with it... but I do not know if the two situations are linked... perhaps that is what had been dragging people off..." the man suggested. The barkeep shook his head. "A werewolf wouldn't be so picky about what it took... only men... young men, never older than 30 have been taken away. Women and children remain untouched... stranger... if you go to the Castle of the Devil... you will never return... what is your name... the name of a man foolish enough to go to such a place?" The barkeeper asked. The man turned around. "Samuel... Just... Samuel..." he said walking out of the door.
Going across the plains, walking, in two days time Samuel would be standing outside of the "Castle of the Devil" An odd feeling radiated from the building. As he looked upon the ruins he found the place he could almost sense some sort of life from within... Opening the doors, Samuel walked in, not knowing of what awaited him...

((Any may join, R for many reasons, violence and such. This is a Fantasy/Gothic sort of world. Magic is frowned upon by people but it exists, monsters exist, all that good stuff. Feel free to be good or evil, or maybe even a bit of both))
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Male Number of posts : 3020
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

The Castle of the Devil Empty Re: The Castle of the Devil

Post by Nyako-Chan Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:57 pm

The chittering of birds and animals was the sound that filled the forest. Relyk awoke slowly to all the chattering, unfolding her arms from under her head. She sat upright in the tree, taking a moment to wake up more. It felt like early afternoon, so she had slept in. Normally she was up by the hint of dawn. She hopped off of the branch she had been resting in, landing perfectly on her feet. She yawned, took a deep breath, and start off at a run. Where was she running? She didn't actually know, she was just trying to move around. She was fairly young for her half-elf years, so she had a lot of energy to spare. As she ran, she observed her surroundings, taking everything in with her bright eyes. The morning was going as most of her mornings went, despite waking up late. She continued running through all the foliage, avoid trees at the last second, testing her reflexes at the same time as keeping her speed.

Something made her stop, though. It was either the iron-tinged smell in the atmosphere, or the stillness of the area she was in. Looking around, or listening carefully, no animal sounds could be heard. The longer she listened, the warrier she became. Drawing out her bow and pulling an arrow from her quiver, on her guard. Something was wrong. There was murder in the air. She snapped a twig purposely, trying to alert whatever was there. As soon as the fallen stick had broken, a loud growl emitted from behind her, and as she spun around, she loosed an arrow, piercing a large beast. It howled in pain as it charged her, snapping as it neared. When she stepped to the side, he swung his head wildly, trying to catch her. She quickly pulled another arrow out, aiming for his eyes. Just as she was about to release the string, she could feel something sharp break the skin of her arm, getting a firmer grip to shake her around like a rag doll. Whatever had a grip on her released her, throwing her into a large oak tree. She could have avoided the tree easily, but when she had been attacked from behind, it had completely thrown her off, and she smacked into it, loosing consciousness, somehow. Why wasn't she stronger? This kind of thing was supposed to be easy for her. But then, she didn't know what opponents had been. The very last of her was fading, and she could feel teeth clamp over her arm again, dragging her away.
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Female Number of posts : 4355
Registration date : 2009-01-04

http://nyako-chan.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosmazer Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:32 pm

A grand hall... well decorated... plush carpet at his feet... he could practically smell an evil magic emanating from this place. He drew his blade quickly, and looked about... something wasn't right. This place... the outside was nothing but ruins... but inside was a grand castle! He walked further in, seeing a staircase that leads to the upper levels along with many doors on the same floor as he, leading to the many different wings of this large building. The doors suddenly slammed shut behind him. Drawing his flintlock pistol with his free hand, already loaded with powder and shot, he held it at the ready. A booming voice filled the hall.

"Samuel... your name has been echoing through the land for a while now... making a name for yourself are you?" the voice said mockingly. "Show yourself, coward!" he yelled looking about. "And ruin the fun? No... that would be too simple... too easy... Hmm... a young man... strong body, sharp mind... I believe there will be a place for you here." the voice said once more. Doors opened, two werewolves came out... Samuel withdrew both his pistol and his sword... knowing only his silver dagger would help him here. He waited, poising it at the ready. "Oh come now... I am not going to attack you willy nilly... I've heard about you... how you killed Maki, the Warlock King after he drew life from that little girl... And Nakara the vampyre queen, even after she offered you a place by her side and eternal life." the voice said mocking. Samuel looked about... who was this man... "Like I said Samuel... I know all about you. I will not underestimate you..." Suddenly a swirling vortex of smoke appeared at the top of the stairs from it appeared a figure at the top of the stairs. A devilishly handsome man stood. Strong with a noble look, with a body like that of a lion... and Samuel's like a wolf making a stark contrast.

"A vampyre?" Samuel said, not that surprised, but with a hint of anger. "No... not that... something stronger... a demon..." Samuel growled inspecting the man. The man laughed. "You may call me Clause... now... for your room arrangements... we have a special place in the dungeons for you. I believe you will be quite comfortable" he said. "Get him my minions!" Clause said as the two wolves lunged for him.

Quickly and expertly, Samuel plunged his dagger into the heart of one of the wolves. "I am not a mere peasant... you will find yourself hard pressed to bring me down..." he said. Yet there was no response. The other wolf attacked... Samuel found himself a bit more hard pressed to fight, feeling a bit worn out... but he managed to dodge a heavy blow, sinking his dagger into the beast... this was when he noticed... his arms were getting heavy... his head woozy... looking up, he seen an odd aura about Clause... and the man was chanting some sort of wicked spell... he needed to reach him before it was complete... but his body was becoming more drained with each passing second! He started running up the stairs, his sword now in hand... but each step feeling heavier. He no longer held the sense to pull out his gun, the thing that might have saved him. Samuel stumbled... landing at Clause's feet. "Good night Samuel..." Clause said, two more beasts came to drag him off to the dungeon. Clause laughed as he returned to his lair.
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako-Chan Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:08 pm

Relyk's mind slowly focused, becoming aware of her surroundings. No longer was she in the forest she had been in earlier. She hadn't any idea of how long she had been out, but it must have been long, because she was aware that she was in an entirely new region. Her arm throbbed, and she quickly remembered the ambush by two beasts, perhaps. She only knew for certain that she had fought one. The one who had attacked from behind, she hadn't a clue. She put a hand to where the wound would be, wincing at the stinging pain she felt zing through her arm. Someone had bandaged the wound, staunching the blood flow. She didn't understand where she was, so she didn't know how bad the situation was. Obviously, it was bad, but how bad exactly?

She was soon curious enough to explore where she was, noting the features of the area. So far, just walls, and the air was dank, musty even. She couldn't actually go places, but she could move around, look at things up close if she liked. She halted when she heard a shuffling noise, watching carefully, body as tense as a watchful rabbit. She saw two beasts, similar to the creatures she had fought in the forest, dragging in something... or rather, someone. A man, it appeared. He didn't look too old, and he was rougher looking than most humans. She wondered why he was here. What was his story?
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosmazer Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:46 pm

The beasts dragged Samuel to the end of the hall, there was a single wooden door with a barred up window... inside was chains on the walls along with a few simple torture devices, a whip, hot coals and a branding iron... along with a few blades... nothing too major, but enough to extract a few cries of pain from men. Samuel was chained to the wall, his shirt torn from his body, no warmth would be found for him... The werewolves left the man... Samuel began to awaken a bit.

Clause waited an hour... enough for his new captive to be fully awakened. Resting in his study... many books stood among the walls... many ancient dark books. Reading for a moment, his inhuman eyes scanned the pages. He was a very handsome man, wearing the clothes of a noble, he looked practically human save for the two black wings sprouting from his back. He sipped on a glass of wine... it wasn't too long though before he figured that his new captive would be awake. He put his books away and started off for the dungeon. He awoke one of his more fearsome creations... A hulking figure with a dark executioner's hood over his face... one called The Tormentor. All emotions removed, it felt no remorse when filling out it's purpose.

Clause went do the dungeon with his creation in tow... but stopping at a cell, he looked to the girl inside... "Funny... I told them to only take males... to spare women and children." he mused aloud. He looked her over. "Hmm... but... I might make an exception..." he said with a smile. He signaled for the tormentor to go on ahead with it's grim deeds as he looked to the girl. "Hello... might I ask for your name?" he asked.
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako-Chan Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:22 am

Relyk hadn't been expecting the visit of another, and she jumped when he spoke to her. She had actually been focusing her attention on the new one they had brought in, curious. She looked over at the man before her, taking in his features, noticing the black wings that came from his back. He did appear human, the wings and probably his eyes getting that kind of suspicion to disperse. No way a human would look like this. He had to be something else... maybe demon?

She wasn't sure what he meant by sparing the women and children, only to take males, and he sent chills down her spine as he appraised her. Relyk merely gazed back at him as he asked for her name. She had no intention of telling this man. Not until she knew what was going on. Not until she knew whether or not to trust him. "I should ask the same," she replied. "What is your name, and what is going on?" She planned on giving no information, but she doubted he would say anything to her until she said something. There was always lying. She could lie about anything. He didn't know anything about her, so anything she said he would have to believe.
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosmazer Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Samuel watched as a man entered his cell... he couldn't tell who exactly it was because of the executioner's hood... however the man said nothing... only picked up a few instruments of torture and went to work... the master said nothing to terrible... just hurt him a bit, scar him, and brand him with the hot iron...

Clause smirked down at her. "Hot headed... I like it. It has been a long time since a woman had talked like that to me." he said with a smile. "I guess I should indulge my guest... my name is Clause... and as for what is going on... well Miss... it isn't for the faint hearten..." he said. "I guess I could tell you... but only if you answer a few of my questions... though not that you mortals would understand."
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako-Chan Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Clause. He called himself Clause. She didn't like the way he smiled when he spoke to her. He looked like he was having too much fun. He would only answer her if she answered him. It seemed fair enough. Although, they each had an advantage. Hers was that he could not know for certain what she told was the truth. His, was that he was in control here. He was boss. He had every advantage she didn't, and she barely had any. "I am who I appear as. I am a half elf as I'm sure you've noticed. My name is...." she faltered, unsure what to use as an alias. "My name is unimportant," she finally settled with, figuring if she stalled too long he would grow suspicous, if he wasn't already.
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosmazer Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:37 pm

"Ah... still remaining anonymous? Well... that is up to you." he said. "Although I am sure you will find your stay more comfortable if I know your name... but that is your choice." he said. He seemed to want to know her name for some reason. "Anyways, Miss Half elf... it is very rude of me to make you stay down here. If you wish, I can arrange for you to have an actual room, something comfortable... somewhere away from the prisoners." he offered. Though something was bugging him.

Samuel's body was being beaten badly the whip had tasted his flesh many times, his body pummled by the tormentor... but still, no screams, no pain... the man stood, staring into ahead as if nothing was happening to him.

Clause thought for a moment, he should have heard screams for a long time now... either the tormentor isn't doing anything, or... "I am sorry, but our conversation must wait. I have something that I must see to." he said turning to walk down the hallway, something was definatly on his mind.
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako-Chan Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:11 am

Relyk remained silent, answering Clause only with her silent gaze. She did not answer him for the offer of getting her a proper room, nor did she have the time to. He walked off soon after, excusing himself from the conversation. Postponing it. So she would have to come up with answers, lest she want to make the situation worse. Clause seemed a bit preoccupied. She wondered what he could be doing. How many prisoners were down here? And why was he capturing people? If she gt out of here, she might be able to get some answers, and if she escaped, she might try to free those down here. But she doubted she could get loose. Not from here, and not now.
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosmazer Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Samuel continued to bear the torture brought on by the beast... yet the thing was slowing down... he was used to screams, he fed on the fear, pain, and misery of it's victim... yet this man showed no fear... The creature moved closer... looking through the eye holes in his hood... trying to get a better view of the man's face... maybe he died... but... his eyes were not glazed over in the look of death. The tormentor didn't have a lot of time. Samuel jumped and pulled on his chains that held his arms above his head. He moved his legs around the neck of the creature and twisted... hearing a sickening snap the body went limp as Clause walked in. Samuel just looked up. "You say you hear of me, yet you still underestimate me... you should have bound my legs." he said. His body beaten and battered... yet one couldn't tell if the wear and tear on his body was from the tormentor or his life before coming to the castle... he had indeed been through a lot.

Clause looked at the body. "Perfect..." he said with a small chuckle. "You did find a way to stop your torment. But now where does that put you? Tormentor's are expendable... I just need a sacrifice to make one... and I have many in the twisting dungeons below. For you see... where you are... you are still near the surface... this castle goes deep... far deeper than most holding well over five hundred prisoners... As you may have guessed... I don't just prey on one small village... but many." he laughed. Samuel twisted in his chains, wanting to get closer... kill this evil man. "Ah... the look of murder in your eyes... don't worry... I'll visit tomorrow... your torment is done for today anyways..." he said with a small smile leaving the room and Samuel yelling curses and pulling at his chains.
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako-Chan Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:21 pm

For the most part, the area she was in was quiet. Save for the occasional distant calls and cries. She didn't have any kind of idea of what to do, other than plot an escape. She could, if she knew what was going on here. Relyk sat on the ground, looking around with uncertainty and curiousity. What could she do now? Clause had left her in the middle of a 'conversation', seeing to some kind of other matters that were going on elsewhere. She didn't know whether he would return or not. Finally sick of pondering aimlessly, she got up to search for something, anything that could prove useful in the future.
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosmazer Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Samuel's voice echoed in the halls. "You monster! I'll kill you. Drag you to hell if I have to take you there myself!!!" he yelled numerous curses before he realized how futile it was. He felt anger rising... something odd for him, his normally cold yet cool nature... he had rarely felt the heart of a pure hatred and anger.

Clause returned to the cell of that girl... the curious half elf girl. Seeing her poking around a bit he smiled. "Hello again." he said. "Sorry, I had some important matters. I wish I didn't have to be so rude..." he said. "Now... about getting you a new room..." he said as charming as could be.
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako-Chan Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Relyk swiveled about quickly as she heard Clause's return and as he greeted her. Again he brought up the subject of getting her a new room rather than having her stay within the cell of whatever prison or dungeon, or where ever she was. She wasn't sure whether or not to decline. Should she accept, though, she may get out without any sort of struggle. Perhaps she could perform some sort of negotiation as to get some information? "A room...hmm..." she said, acting as though she were now officially considering it. "Why would you offer me a room? Am I not some sort of...prisoner or captive of yours?"
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosmazer Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Catching on to what she was doing, Clause knew she wanted some information. "Yes, you are a captive, but a mistaken captive. You were not supposed to be taken, only young men. Women, children, and elderly was not supposed to be taken at all." he said. "That is why I offer you a better room..." he said.
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako-Chan Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Relyk thought about it, identifying no sort of false evidence in it. She nodded, no step in her beginning-of-plans could really get past this. She looked at Clause, searching for any kinds of hints of false information. "I see....then, I've no other answers or reasons to refuse your offer." She stepped closer to him, watching for anything in case he was decieving her.
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosmazer Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:58 pm

"Then I shall take you to your room." he said with a small smile opening the door then offering his arm to her. "This dark dungeon is no place for a lady like you. Especially one so beautiful." he said. "It is odd though... I do not see many elves anymore." he said with a smile.
Chaosmazer
Chaosmazer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako-Chan Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:03 pm

She reluctantly allowed him to lead her out, accepting his compliments with a small smile and a slight nod. "Thank you, Mr...Clause?" She was unsure what to call him, whether or not to be formal or not. "The elves do not show themselves often, as they tend to stay secluded within their forests."
Nyako-Chan
Nyako-Chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down