The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf's Dragoons

2 posters

Go down

Wolf's Dragoons Empty Wolf's Dragoons

Post by nuwisha Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:37 pm

War! Once again war stretches over the Inner Sphere as the Federated Commonwealth collapse in to conflict between Lyran Alliance lead by Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion and the Federated Suns lead by Prince Victor Steiner-Davion. World after world did succumb to the civil war and other factions were pulled in to the conflict as some tried to grab territory for them selves under the noses of the Federated Commonwealth. Soon an area of several hundreds of systems was in total chaos earning the name Chaos Marches.

The Wolf’s Dragoons jump ship Daedalus had been present in the Jemao system in the Chaos Marches for almost two days now as it slowly recharged its jump drive. Terry Ford were standing in the Icarus one of the two drop ships Daedalus had, although the crew of the ship were on stand by at the moment as the recharge progressed did Terry help the grease monkeys with the maintenance in the drop ships ‘mech bay especially on his Warhammer. The 70 ton ‘mech had survived with him for a long time now, through his early combat year during the Fourth Succession War, and later during the Clan invasions. He wiped some of the hydraulic fluid from his forehead before putting down wrench, time and time again had be wounded why he did not just quit but he had tried that and it simply didn’t work. Giving a small nod to the mechanic next to him he quickly climbed down and left the mech bay, being part of units attack lance was a dangers job but at least the pay was good so he could if he ever planned on doing so retire on some tropical planet far from everything. The mess hall, most of the off duty crew gathered quickly forming there own small individual groups, stickjockeys in one place, grease monkeys in another. As always were the mechwarriors gathered around the simulator that had been built just for recreation, the simple holo screen showed as they duelled one against one, youngster many of them still fought as an individual they were good but fighting like they did would get them killed in the end. He stepped up in the middle of the group with a dry expression on his face. “100k C-Bills to the one that can best me in combat.” These kids needed to learn a thing or two about real mech combat.
nuwisha
nuwisha

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Wolf's Dragoons Empty Re: Wolf's Dragoons

Post by Mikuo Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:05 pm

gathered around the simulator that had been built just for recreation, the simple holo screen showed as they duelled one against one, youngster many of them still fought as an individual they were good but fighting like they did would get them killed in the end. He stepped up in the middle of the group with a dry expression on his face. “100k C-Bills to the one that can best me in combat.” These kids needed to learn a thing or two about real mech combat.[/quote]

He stood around the simulator silently as he watched the other pilots, the other pilots where terrible, making simple mistakes on purpose that will cost them there lives later in a real battle. When he heard the man wager 100k C-bills, he replied,"I dont know about you, but my baby needs more than 100k C-bills to keep her running. make it 2mill C-bills and you sir have yourself a challenge."

the question that ran his mind after raising the bet was, is this an attempt to find someone thats good and hire them, or does he just wanna show boat around? However the case may be, it didnt matter to him. He has something they dont know, or atleast they dont know who it belongs to. He walked to the man and said,"2mill ought to be a fair price, unless you cant afford it." He turned to his side some and then starts walking to where the mech's are kept so he can get to his mech. It was funny, he knew the other pilots mech. The other pilot is piloting a WarHammer, if memory serves him right. The funny part was he used to take those out in the good old days all the time. If his where like anything he encountered before, he knew Sara would be able to out run and out gun him.

He got onto the platform to get on his mech and it rose slowly to the top of the cockpit, once he was there he gotten in the seat and closed the hatch to get in. Momentairly after getting in his mech, he starts flipping switches and pressing buttons. He checks the gauges and dials, everything reading normal. He checks the ammo for the LRM 20's and its fully stocked, then he reads the ammo for the ER PPC's and that's fully stocked to, the batteries for the three medium pulse lasers are fully charged. He looks at the dial for the battery on the ER Small Laser, then notices that the dial is reading 40% and he turns on the loud speaker and said,"Mechanic needed on platform 9, battery low and not charging." He turns off the loud Speaker and then checked the SRM's and saw they where empty and said,"Im always telling those miserable fucks to give me all my armerment, even the SRM's." He Turns on the loud speaker again and said,"And someone give me my ammo that im supposed to have." He turns the speaker off again and then turns the computer on. The A.I. comes online and starts activating everything, the things that it doesnt turn on he has to do himself.

A few mechanics come over while the mech is powering up and charges the ER Small laser and loads the SRM's and then said,"your ready to go pilot." The targeting system comes online and then starts testing the targeting system by targeting everything including the smallest things like a pen on the floor. Once it went through it reported,"systems nominal, mech ready."

His Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) is perfect for just about any mission, not only that it has five more tons than the other mech, so thats a small advantage. but the things he liked themost about his own mech was that he has it tqueaked to shoot really long ranges, medium ranges and short. He kept the Machine guns always loaded, he never really needed them in combat before. He always prefered to step on enemy infentry, to him it was funny. His mother told him if something is bigger than you then you better take it down quick, otherwise it will step on you. little did he know he would be stepping on them.

((OOC: here is my sweet, sweet Timber Wolf, (mad cat))) http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Timber_Wolf_(Mad_Cat)
Mikuo
Mikuo

Male Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://harp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 am

2 million C-bills were a lot of money one could buy a light 'mech with that kind of money. But knowing that one of these youngster would be willing to risk that money could me one of two things, either were they overconfident with one self or could he actually win in this simulated battle. “Alright then 2 million C-bills to the winner, no rule of engagement. Just the two of use and our ‘mechs on in simulator mod.” He had seen this pilots mech, a Madcat he had meet them before it was in combat with one of them were he got the large scars that covered his face. His Warhammer might be and old model be he have had it retro fitted several time already replacing all the weapons, armour and engine, adding two ER PPCs and four ER Medium Pulse Lasers added more fire power that were normal for the class and the new Ferro-Fibrous Armour would help to keep him alive. He was in luck the maintenance were all done when he got in to the pilot seat and putting on the neurohelmet as the start up sequence were running. “Lets do this Solaris style, random arena uploading.” He said this over the intercom to his opponent. “Before we start might I know the name of my opponent.”
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikuo Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:57 am

Once his challenger accepted the new terms, he smiled and nodded his head. He lliked that the guy wanted to play at random, this garenteed that there wont be any advantages. He turned his intercom on and then said,"my name is 47." 47 moved his mech into the simulator bay which consisted of a gigantic room that made it so the mechs could move freely and do as they wish. This was known as the danger room.

To him the danger room was home, but then again any battle was home for him. He raced as he was flipping switches, pressing buttons. He made the seat turn around and then he started modifying the engine, tweaking it to go its fastest when needed. His style was like that of a foot ball player, stop and turn on a dime and keep hitting, but for this he needs the mech to be modded just a tad. Reinforced ball joints, reinforced knees, but that was just the begining of what he had modded, the one thing that he wouldnt mess with is the coolent. That was dangerous on any level, including by someone who is skilled at it.

He turns the seat around and then said,"and may I know your name young pilot?" He put on some gloves and then put on his helmet while pulling down the targeting visor, not that he relied on it but sometimes it helped. HE made a quick run through and made sure the weapons where ready, when they all read green he smiled and said,"im ready to go."
Mikuo
Mikuo

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 am

Forty-seven it was probably a callsign he used. He thought through all possible outcomes for this battle but all he could come up with is that it would all be determined by the area in which they were to fight. He moved the heavy ‘mech in to the simulator and made a quick diagnostic run as he knew the left knee had been acting up sometime during combat but it would hopefully not fail. “My name? Ford, Terry Ford former FedCom veteran of both the Succession War and the Clan invasion.” He said this as he moved the mech in to position just a bit out of the range of the opponents radar range. “Simulating terrain.” A loud voice echoed in the room as the area were reformed in to what looked like the Scottish highlands back on Terra. Damn, Terry thought he was hoping of a little less open terrain. “Begin!”

Quick did Terry switch his radar from active to passive as he knew a madcat would rely on range to weaken it target and with passive radar would he have to get real close before he could get a lock with missiles. Of curse this would make them both have to rely on there vision for long range kills. But he and some tricks up his sleeve just for open terrain.

((Sorry for wait, brain was a bit dead there for some days))
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikuo Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Once the simulatior turned on, there was the announcer, and once it yelled begin the piece covering his left eye turned on. With that piece he could see extremely far ranges, but he turned it off with a single touch on the helmet. He plans to toy with this guy for a little bit. So he switched to passive radar, knowing that the opponet would do the same. Perhaps his opponet didnt like getting hit with missiles. Immediately he powered down the mech, making it emit less heat and also making it so he wouldnt show up on the radar even if the opponet was in his face. He used this tactic alot, but not so much on an open terrain. He only left items online that he needed to, things like the jump jets, weapons, and life support, not to meantion the air conditioner. That was the onlything protecting him from the intense heat of the mech. If the AC broke then he would get hot and have to bail out, assuming that he fired his weapons to quickly too much.

He remembered that he could only see so far without the eye visor, so he turned it around and scouted the area with the targeting visor and it took him a while, but he managed to see the guy. Once he saw the guy he flipped a switch that activated a cloaking device that turns the mech invisable to the human eye. And with the mech powered down like this, his opponet wouldnt be able to scan for another mech, heat, or pretty much anything for that matter. Even the rotatior for the torso was off, he didnt want to be spotted untill he was ready. After a few minutes he sat back and relaxed, then he thought he should open a comm with the opponet so that he could talk to him. Instead of using the loud speaker he pressed a few buttons and dialed for the opponets mech, he wanted to talk while they fought. A silent fight was just no fun for him, he had to talk some. Plus he didnt mind talking, talking wouldnt give his location away.

Once he dialed through and gotten to the opponet's mech, he said,"hello, this is 47. I hope you dont mind if we talk while fighting, I find fighting to be fun and it gets boring if we cant talk." He stopped watching the opponets mech and said,"if the simulatior is what it used to be then you may not want to talk 50 feet straight, there are land mines there." He indeed wasnt lying about the land mines, in the old simulatior there where land mines all over the place, he used a light mech to map them out one time. He has a map for every single board that the simulatior has.

((Its ok man, I was anixious to get the next post, now im even more anxious... I cant wait to see what happens:P ))
Mikuo
Mikuo

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:02 am

"What the..." He were not prepared for stealth armour as it just were so new to the market, but this only meant that he would have the advantage of protection in this battle with his Ferro-Fibrous Armour. It would appear that this combat would be game of cat and mouse, just that the cat would soon find out that he was the mouse. Terry pressed a button in his cockpit and a small device lunched high in to the air, it was a UAV equipped it sensitive optic sensors but yet to small to be picked up on the radar. He could hear Sevens radio transition and a smile appeared on his mouth, he were confident of him and his 'mech that was good. "I hear you Seven." he said after making sure his transmission could on be locked on to. "Ha! I said this would be Solaris style combat didn't I one on one not other distraction then to two of us, but I commandant you for remembering this area well it is a good sign for one who would risk it all in an attack lance." Pressing a series of buttons on his command console did allow the small UAV to start scanning for any electrical disturbances, even at the lowest possible modification were it hard to hide the large fusion reactor. "Target located, range 721 meters. Warning target uses enhanced optics." The small computerised voice said as it locked on to the electric signal of the madcat. With a smile Terry said over the intercom as he moved the trued the torso towards his target. "Seven remember when you said if I had 2 mill, well I start to wonder if you have the C-bills." Just has he finished did he pull his throttle to max as fired of both his ER PPCs.
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikuo Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:36 pm

He laughed at the opponets response to his cloaking device, he thought it was funny hearing the response, even though he has heard it hundreds of times now, and it still never gets old. When the man called him seven he sighed and replied,"the name is 47, not 7." When he said something about the attack lance he smiled and said," I wasnt risking it, I was having some fun."

He saw the UAV propel up into the air by the use of a thruster and then said,"you should switch over to air propeled UAV's, they dont give away there location like that one does." He thought a second and decided to let it stay up in the air, why not give the enemy an advantage while he has one? He knew his location would be reported within seconds, so he powered up the mech to full as fast as he could while hitting the jump jets at full power. The mech still couldnt be seen, but its evident that its moving. To him self he thought,*there is a 4 second delay for a 700meter shot with the ER PPC, reload delay 20 seconds.* Funny part was that he himself was fitted with ER PPC's, how ever he knew how to use them. He had training in the past and learned to snipe with them. He laughed when the man tried to make the accusation that he wouldnt have the two mill c-bills, his reply was short,"how else would I have this baby, and her fittings?"

He softened his landing by turning down the thrusters to half untill he was close to the ground, once he was close to the surface he put the thrusters at full to slow his decent rapidly. He touched down gently, but not silently. There was still a loud boom noise due to the 75 tons of metal coming down on the simulatior, not to mention that the gravity was increased from the normal 3G's to 9G's, this making the mech weigh three times more than what it really is. But his mech was fitted for this and more, but he thought of the other guy and said,"is your mech moving a little slow?" He was trying to lay down the hint rather than telling the guy. Plus he wanted to make it seem like he didnt have full speed due to the gravity.

He enchances the targeting visor over his eye and watches the opponets mech and said,"your UAV should be running out of power right about now." He knew that the UAV only has about a few minutes life time in the air for normal gravity but if he didnt modify the settings and the fuel tanks then the time would be reduced by 66 percent.
Mikuo
Mikuo

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:49 pm

This pilot were a trill seeker noting ells and that made him more dangerous as only a few who were good would survive. It was more that likely he would lose this combat but it been to many years since Solaris 7 for him to remember one on one combat, this were not good. A lake, that was it he knew what he had to do. He activated his radar making him shine up like a search light in the dark, hopefully he knew what he were doing. "Hey Seven by the way, you seen to like you 'mech much have you ever stood up against an Atlas in that thing?" He knew of many mechwarrior who have meet an atlas and lived to tell about it, he was one of them but it had almost cost him his 'mech. "Jump jets on a madcat that would have been some major rewiring." The lake this would do he fired a quick burst with his SRM in to the beach making the ground in to a tick mud. He then quickly positioned him self in the middle of the lake, yes this would do the will would cover him from long range and just close enough to make just of his warhammers full power. 5 ton more would be just enough to make this work.
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikuo Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Once the opponets mech popped up on the radar he smiled and said,"peek a boo." He knew that this was a trap, but he also wouldnt fall for it. Stood up and started walking around to flank the guy, if he was at the lake he could flank him. When he asked about the atlas he smiled and said,"I ndeed I have, that was the most fun I ever had." He then thought about how he had played around with an atlas and still won, it brought a smile to his face while he made his madcat walk slowly around the lake.

He sighed and said,"how ever my baby was in horrible shape when she was through, it punched holes in her and was effecting her in every way you could imagine." He saw the mech from an angle and then said,"nice try, but the jump jets could have gotten me out of that jam, done it before." He turned the torso some to face the ememy mech, almost 600meters. He pressed a series of buttons and missile bay hatches opened up, he is preparing to send a welcoming gift. He fires 20 rounds from each loading bay, firing off a tottal of 40 missiles. they all scatter and form a 100 yard span and soar to the enemy mech. Right after firing the missiles he fires his ER PPC's but instead of firing them together he fires one and waits three seconds and fires the next. this was so that it would be harder to avoid. A wall of missiles, and two ER PPC's, headed straight for the lake. What would that man do now?

47 closed the missile bay doors while walking sideways and monitering what was happening.
Mikuo
Mikuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum