The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ren, Am I the only one left?

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ren, Am I the only one left? Empty Ren, Am I the only one left?

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 16, 2011 1:18 pm

The world had ended now, the greatest city ever known was in ruins, the once marvellous lights and skyscrapers were gone forever and the cluttered streets of the city were broken and its falling building lay there. Old cars had rusted and the odd plants were beginning to regrow now.
Everything was silent and it seemed as if no one was here.
But truly among everything there was one person, this world was at its end and everything destroyed but she remained in the place she had been born and learned everything she needed to help keep herself and other people alive, despite not being a leader by nature she would step up if need be.

This girl was named Ren; she was 16 years old and was not someone who gave up. She was slender and had slightly pale skin compared to most, her mismatched eyes of emerald green and crystal blue were always focused and she always kept her long, rich brown hair tied back with a black ribbon as she wore her black faded jeans and long sleeved top which had a black body and collar but had white sleeves as well as wearing her usual pair of black trainers. Around her waist was a belt which held a pouch of bullets, two holsters which held her silver twin guns with a black ivy pattern engraved on them and beneath the holsters hidden carefully were a pair of sheaths with silver twin daggers in them. Both the twin guns and the silver twin daggers were connected to their twin by a silver chain which ran behind her once they were put away in their sheaths and holsters.

She walked around in silence looking for anyone; anything that remained there and held her silence while her curious mismatched eyes searched the area after two years she still searched for others to pass the time as she searched for what she would be eating that day knowing where everything was, the best water source, food sources and even where to find some clothes if need be.
After two years of this she should know those things at least.
She knew a lot now and had seen every creature in this place well most of them and their population had increased quickly over two years. Her Twin guns and daggers were nothing special but they got the job done and held sentimental value as did her rusted silver Locket which lay around her neck. It could no long be opened but it kept her going through the two years.

She heard something and turned heading towards the sound and clambered up a fallen beam and jumped down into an old room and looked around it keeping a hand near one of her guns. The chains of her daggers and guns rattled lightly as she jumped down and stayed quiet.
But you see it wasn't the guns that were specail or the daggers but the bullets and the edged of the blades were very strong and her parents made them for her and taught her how to restore them with scrap bits of metal. She moved quickly not knowing what was there. both her gusn were loaded and she kept herself as quiet as she could.

(For Maz117)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Ren, Am I the only one left? Empty Re: Ren, Am I the only one left?

Post by Maz117 Mon May 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Ren, Am I the only one left? 632_realsize
Jace Evans had received intelligence reports that activity had been spotted in this area. Since the initial strike against the humans most cities were destroyed. This one was no exception as the great buildings lay splintered and demolished throughout the city. Jace being what he was a hybrid of the cyborgs was usually the first to respond to small reports like this since most of the time it was just humans looking for anything to use for surviving, food and water mostly but occasionally it was not just humans, hunter patrols were always a huge threat in old cities specially ones this size and that is why Jace usually went.. Alone.

He pressed his back against a large slab of concrete his rifle in his hands primed, his senses saying he was not alone as he continued into building missing large chunks of the roof. On his enter his foot nicked a old can of some sorts alerting others of his presence. He paused and stood still awaiting an ambush that never came.

Taking a breath to ease his nerves, he suddenly heard a chain rattle with his enhanced hearing he knew almost where the noise originated, in a small room, he placed his head against the wall and listened. Being an enhanced hybrid he heard the shallow breathing of someone. It was breathing but that could easily be mistaken for a cyborg and those were hard to kill even for Jace. His best course of action was to surprise it. Taking a deep breath he stepped back, and walked over to a door that led into the room, he readied himself.

Suddenly kicking it in he breached the room rifle at the ready.
Maz117
Maz117

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 16, 2011 1:39 pm

She heard some strange sound and took a step closer the chains rattled again. Ren looked up seeing the rifle she instantly pulled her gun out and pointed at him not sure what they were doing back here. She followed what her instinct told her and didn’t take her eyes of the Jace.
“What are you doing back here, get out” she said she was scared, they had taken her parents away 2 years ago and did not want to see them back here. She had stayed quiet for two years avoiding them at all costs but now it seemed to have failed her. Her mismatched eyes were soft but still scared they held that fear as her other hand gripped her rusted silver locket she didn’t make a sound and jumped to the side as a wild animal ran through and she quickly shot it in the neck and it fell in and instant. She focused on the hybrid a bit confused but scared remembering every moment that they had been here two years ago.
“Speak, I know you can… I was here two years ago when you took them away” she said
Ren did not have sensors or anything that enhanced them but she was clever and had a very strong and accurate insticnt which she had gaineddue to the two years alone just searching for anything to help her survive and also other people that might have escaped. The way she was acting was not like her at all but no one would act normal when they had a rifle pointed at them.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Mon May 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Jace quickly saw the guns drawn point at him, he immediately steadied his own rifle but knew this girl was just a human. He knew she was scared, though she hid it well her eyes, those mixed eyes told him that she was terrified of him, she could tell he was different, probably from the surgiclly grafted knuckles that he never hid. Or maybe it was his eyes, the did hold a sort of machine like coldness to them. Then she spoke out, listening to her he knew she most likely thought of him as a full cyborg. "I know you think of me as them, but let me tell you I am different" Lowering his rifle slowly he dropped it down on its sling and stood there. He held his hands out on his sides.

"I am not a cyborg" He said calmly. "I have no intention of hurting you, and I did not take anyone away." He stepped forward slowly not wanting to alert or startle her into firing the weapons she still pointed at him. "Can you lower your weapons" He said calmly, taking another step toward her. He knew she would fire those weapons if prompted, he saw the chain that connected them to each other, would make things tricky if he had to take them from her.

He knew she was young, he would have guessed 17 maybe 18 if he wasn't different, but because of the enhancements he knew she was 16, she was also hungry and small. "Are you hungry?" He said calmly taking another step closer.

Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 16, 2011 2:00 pm

She listened and backed off when he took a step forward and lowered her guns but kept one of them tightly in her hands whiel she rested the other in her holster “Then why did you just point your rifle at me and full cyborg or not I’m never trusting anyone even related to them again” she said backing off a step again as he walked forward once again. “And I have my own food, I do not wish to take food that could be poisoned for all I know” she said resting one arm over her stomach as he asked her if she was hungry. She did not take her eyes off him in the slightest but kept herself alert for any of the mutant creature that wondered around here. She was also not the kind to fire a gun if she was startled due to her control and a lot of practice over the years. But sometimes training did back fire.
She knew he was different despite not paying attention to detail she just knew he was by instinct “and it doesn’t matter if you took them away or not, either way your one of them, trying to make the perfect human race” she said
She had read up a lot about such things from the old computer that still worked but knew it would probably lead them to her.
She still kept her distance her scared and untrusting eyes showed she would not let him near her at all. Ren stil held onto the gun firmly and she really would not hesitate to fire either.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Mon May 16, 2011 2:13 pm

He paused, "I had received intelligence that there was activity in this sector, I was ordered to do recon on the area and assess the situation." He took a step back, as she lowered her guns though he knew she could snap them back up fast, not nearly fast enough but it kept her feeling safe. "I have no intention of poisoning you, your a survivor of the free humans why would I?" He said calmly trying to understand if it was him she hated or just anything enhanced, his face held a unnatural blankness about it making it hard to read his emotions.
He listened to her more and it hurt, it was true he was similar to the cyborgs, but at the same time the Hive had no direct control of his will, he was more human than cyborg but the change still had an effect to people. "I can't make you change your mind, what I am is not cyborg but a failed experiment that was haulted mid process. Should it have been completed yes I would be like the others. But my mind is free" He stared into the mixed eyes for a second reading her, she knew a good bit considering her age. "I have no plans to take you and make you "perfect" Im just here to keep the free humans safe.. Your in no danger here so there is no need for the hostilities." He said again calmly. He didn't know what she planned to do but he knew his orders were to assess the situation, seemed to him it was just this girl fighting to survive. He could take her back to Phoenix Rising base of operation where she could be safe with other people. Maybe, she didn't seem like someone to get along with easy and Jace didn't make people feel easy since he was "different".
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 16, 2011 2:20 pm

She fliped her gun in her hand and just put it away. " And how do you know that if you report back they won't jsut come and rip me form my home as well" she said and shook her head as he read her again. She just hated cyborgs they had taken her family away, her freinds everything and only left her and her home in ruins. She looked confused as she saw some slight emotion and just sighed closing her eyes breifly "I'm sorry if I hurt you, maybe you are more human than I thought" she said and rustled her hair and let her hand slid away from her guns and put a hand out feeling mroe at ease by the slight emotion that was showed by him "I'm Ren, you are?" she asked still untrusting but even something close to human was a good thing to her and he was the first thing close to a real human she had seen in two years. Once she was calm nearly anyone could get along with her but when she felt threatened she became defensive and a bit hostile.
She turned her head quickly and drew her gun shooting something. She ran over putting the gun away and drew her dagger.. a Mutated deer like creature lay on the ground dead "Hmm, that's not good" she muttered and ran a hand along the fur of it holding her dagger in the other hand.. She pulled the bullet from the creature and put it in her pouch again. Her guard stayed down for a bit as she looked to the deer and then just stood up since it wasn't good for food to her and just put the dagger back in its hidden sheath. She retyed her long hair quickly knowing the scent of blood would attract more carnivous creatures and she moved quickly pulling something from her pouch and biting it making a crunch sound and put it on the deer a a liquid sinked in and hid the scent. She quickly moved back focusing more on the fact another mutated creature could come... they had been used in experiments recently and left here.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Mon May 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Jace raised a eyebrow slightly, "You will just have to trust me mam" he said calmly but politely. He watched as she holstered her pistols which he made a mental note were beautifully crafted. "Your not the first to assume I'm one of them nor will you be the last." He said calmly. "But I appriciate your trust." What surprised him though was the handshake and her name. "My name is Jace" He said calmly taking her small hand into his, the cold metal that plated his knuckles was visable but he took no time to ever hide them. Most people never shook his hand or came into pyshical contact with him, most were afraid. This girl however, scared and untrusting still had the courage to give a name and shake his hand.

Then when she yanked out her pistol his hand moving very fast settled on his rifle and yanked it up spinning and also pointing in the direction she fired. Her body posture told him it wasn't a cyborg but one could never be careful. He followed her over to the animal. "Experiments by the Hive, the goal was to perfect domestic animals but failed so far and most are left in old cities to rot." He said calmly watching Ren look over the animal. "We should leave its getting late and patrols lately have been more active during nightfall" He said calmly. "I take it you have shelter?"
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon May 16, 2011 10:35 pm

She shook his hand back not surpsied by the cold metal feel at all but suprised that someone would manage to get away with being half cyborg.She listened to what he had to say on the animal and stepped back once again from the creature and watched it rot in just seconds "yeah, I noticed, I keep on themove so my shelter changes each night so I keep most of my belongings with me and hide the odd thing in a certain place so I know where it is." She said. Ren knew of two main water suplies ach on different sides of the city btu always kept water with her in a very old fashioned water bottle and also stored food in different places as well and would sometimes just restore a few in the area to make sure none became empty but again she kept a little food on her as well.
"My shelter tonight isn't far, did you see the old cafe building? that's where the food is as well so I need to get there and then just a little ways off is an old house that is relatively in good condition considering" she said and crouched down looking under a beam to see if anything was there before she crawled under it and brushed herself of being very quiet she always rested a hand near to her guns and daggers to be sure she could get them if she needed to.
Also in her opinion "isn't far" meant it was usually a bit of a distance. She looked to the sky and then her old watch which suprisingly still worked "I have about an hour then" she said thinking of the night before she checked the times nad it was usually around this time when they patrolled but sometimes earlier if she was unlucky."But what I don't understand is why the 'perfect' human, naturally we are made up from mistakes and nature and haven't we messed with it enough yet, they might as well kill the human race and replace us with cyborgs, actually that's what they are doing apart from their using humans as like a shell or somethign along those lines..." she stopped "Sorry I didn't mean to insult you" she said looking back feeling most comfortable than before she wasn't scared any longer and had a feeling she might have to be a bit more careful with what she said.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Tue May 17, 2011 12:28 am

Listening Jace understood, no where was safe these days and most people were constantly on the move, Jace being apart of a group of people was always looking for newer and safer locations to keep the people safe. "It will take me to long to get back to HQ, Ill follow you tonight" He said calmly following her, "I came in from the west side of the city I didn't pass by the cafe but I have an idea of what your talking about" He said as she looked under the near by beam. "As for food I have supplies that can last me a day." Though if you looked it seemed that Jace did not carry a lot, besides extra ammo and communications gear he didn't carry a whole lot. Water and a few rations could sustain him for a very long time.

Following her with relative ease he listened to her, "They don't thrive to make a new race only to fix what they see is flawed, humans being what we are fight and kill each other over silly things." He paused, "Don't worry about it I've come to accept that I am different." He said that with a distance in his voice, in truth it did affect him he just tried not to let people see it. He did notice she was opening a bit, curious he thought.

(((sorry its really late here and I only saw you replied cause I woke up, thats why its not a whole lot)))
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 17, 2011 8:20 am

"Fair enough" she said "we have to get moving now or else their first patrol will start in this area before we're both out of sight" she said and walked to the old cafe. It had fallen apart but the places which could store food were intact after a little repairing from Ren it was running perfectly now and had also hid it from sight as well... She ducked down under some fallen parts of the roof and picked out the oldest food that was there sicne she left a book which had dates in telling her what food was last put in it.She flicked through and picked out what was left she didn't take much and checked the bucket beside it filling her water bottle and putting it back in her pouch being quick since she knew there wasn't much time.
She quickly darted out and looked around a bit before she checked the sky.. "come on, we have to hurry" she said as she stuff the bits of food in her pouch as she made her way towards the house. It was beginign to fall apart but was in near perfect condition. This hosue had survived everything and Ren seemed rather happy to see it once again she smiled slightly and opened the window but inside was empty and old. but it was in a fairly good conditon considering. She checked around the rooms insitctively before she pulled somethign from her pouch.. it Looked like a glow stick. She broke it on her knee and it was likea non burnable fire but could still cook and do everything but burn. She set it down with a few sticks since she found that kept it going for a bit longer like a real fire "You can come in you know" she said keeping her voice hushed a bit since the patrol would have most likely started. She had placed the bits of food in foil around the heat stick as she called it and it cooked slowly.
Over the two years she had learned a lot and discovered the uses of all the old technlogy around the place and used them wisely and also learned how to use some substances to create more effective bullets against the cyborgs for if they did find her. She also knew a lot abotu technology in particulair due to her uncle teaching her bits about it when she was younger adn taught her the bascis like how to create the heat sticks from near enough anything.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Tue May 17, 2011 8:33 am

Jace followed her, calmly keeping pace, he watched as she scavenged for food taking mental notes of the surrounding areas incase of hunter patrols. When they got to the house he paused and waited, would it be fine for him to walk in? She looked still if she didn't trust him, but it wasn't until she said it was fine that he walked inside and looked around. The house looked in bad shape, it had seen a lot of wear over the years but it looked sturdy and would provide shelter for the night.
He walked up behind as she began to ignite the heat rod and cook what little food she had over it, Jace reached into one of his pouches and pulled out a rations bar. They tasted nasty but they gave you energy and had no fiber in it so you wouldn't need to digest them and leave evidence humans were in the area.
He sat down against a wall and leaned back, unclipping his rifle and taking the clip out as he began cleaning his rifle. "How long have you been here?" He asked calmly, he was never good at small talk, hell he rarely ever talked to people other than people who were his superiors. When finished with the rifle he set it beside him and then swiftly yanked out his Desert eagle and pulled the hammer back and began inspecting it. When bored Jace tended to just clean his weapons and think on thoughts but right now he didn't know what to do.
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 am

"My whole life, 2 years on my own 14 with my parents, we used to life in this area as well" she said and put the tips of her daggers beside the heat and pulled on of her guns apart while she talked. "And before you ask my parents gave up as soon as they took them since they had hidden me before hand they wanted to make sure I wasn't taken as well.. I guess their cyborgs now though" she said andpulled the extra bullets form her ugn and cleaned it out reloading it and melting the cases and old bullets into a mould she had beside the fire. Her Dagger had intersting handles and s trange luminuos green liquid moved around the handles in the engrave tube of the silve handles.
she carefully pick out a bit of food and offered him some since she had tried ration bars since another person had come here a month ago and had droped them. "Someone else came here before. They dropped a load of stuff after the hunters caught them, the bullets are terrible though" she said.. she had metlted the bullets she found to make better ones using adrop of something her uncle had made for her to keep in order to strngthen metals if she needed to.
After a bit longer she pulled her dagger tips from the fire and then rested the whole of the blades beside the heat and then finshed cleaning her guns she left them beside her in silence.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Tue May 17, 2011 9:02 am

Taste had never really bothered him due to the enhancements but he took it and smiled. "Thank you" he said setting his desert eagle aside and taking the piece of food and bit into it. It was different but it was still good to eat. Taking another bite he noticed the daggers. "How did you come into possesion of those? They are intriguing and from what I can masterly crafted" He was no knife expert but he was highly qualified in hand to hand knife combat, one of the reasons he carried knives as well.
Pulling out his second pistol he began to clean it while he thought what to say. "Why have you never left? Surely once or twice you thought about it and trying to find other people?" He said calmly holstering his pistols once more, back rested against the wall aimed at the door he sat very tense, truth was he never really got relaxed anymore.

What really intrigued him was the green liquid inside the hilt of her knife. Interesting that a liquid compound could harden metals, he knew the metal in his hands was extrodinarly dense as he has literally punch through concrete walls before with ease or even crushed cyborgs to pieces with them. He wondered how they would effect his hands but he decided that was for a later day, now they just needed to last the night. "I'll take a shift you can get some sleep if you want" He said calmly pulling his rifle up into his arms. He wondered if she would ask him how he was turned, most people did and very rarely he told them but he didn't know, this girl was different, afraid yes but at the same time she didn't fear him, she feared what he could be.
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 17, 2011 9:13 am

"My Mother made them for me since she knew something would happen after the war was gone and she taught me how to use them, survival skills the lot and my father made my guns since he used to be a sniper in the war so he made the light enough but strong enough for me to be able to use. Although they had to get some help from my uncle in order to strangthen them a bit since they are rather old fnashoined now but work perfectly. Also the chains make it a lot harder for others to get them off me and yeah I have thought of leaving once or twice but this is my home and there could still be surviours in the area. Plus I know this city very welll so it would be easiy for me to support somone" she said"And it's fine I need to make sure that the bullets heat and cool properly or they won't be as effective"picking up the mould she opened it and checked them before she let them cool for a bit and made sure her other bullets were'nt old. She didn't use cases too much since she was taught that in the mould they created their own due to the strengthening liquid and then remembered something from a few years back "You said you were a fail experiment correct? I remember a story I read a few years back but then the computer crashed, Someone escaped the labs in which the cyborgs were being created out of humans, that was you?" she asked putting the peices together in her head "So you were orginally human then, how did you you get turned?" she asked out of pure curiousty. She only started looking up past stories and such when everyone was taken.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Tue May 17, 2011 9:29 am

Jace looked up at the ceiling and breathed in heavy, "It was long ago, back when I was 15 or 16 I suppose. My mother was one of the freedom fighters trying to find a new safe location for the remaining people, so we were on a recon mission when we were ambushed by a hunter patrol." He paused and breathed in again, "It was slaughter, no one made it through that day not even my mother, I was the only one and it was mere luck that I even survived it, after I saw my mother die I charged and tried to kill one of them with my hands." He said calmly, "You can imagine how that went for a child to do that, but I think it surprised them and the hive ordered them to bring me in. I was going to be a new breed one built for infiltrating, to infiltrate and elliminate the remaining people." He paused again drawing up memories he did not think on much, "The process.. is probably worse than death, your forced into a chamber and millions of nanobots infiltrate your system and begin to change you from the inside, I have them in me now. Mind you they are not connected to the Hive so they are safe. Its why I'm stronger, faster, smarter and even heal faster than most humans." He paused again, "Most people die at this stage as it last over 8 to 12 hours. The next stage or the final stage is where they surgiclly graft machine parts into you, I got lucky before I escaped they had only surgiclly grafted the metal and the machines into my hands and forearms, making it mostly machine but still flesh, its hard to explain really."

He paused for a good moment. "I only escaped by luck, you see the Phoenix Rising had actually gotten a spy into the facility and placed high yield explosives and detonated them, it was by luck I wasn't close to one but it destroyed the controls to the room leading to my escape... No one trusted me after that, so I was locked up by our own people for a long time till they came to a conclusion I could be used against the cyborgs." He said calmly, he looked up at her and stared into her eyes. "Its something no one should go through" He said with a hint of regret in his voice
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 17, 2011 9:46 am

Ren listened intetively but frowned slightly at the end "In my opinion it sounds like your being used as a tool for them, also unlike the other person that came here you came alone and surely they have discovered on how to strangthen bullets by now. mine can peirce them easily and then they would easily be able to stop the cyborgs" she said and shook her head lightly "And I'm sorry it must have hurt a lot if it was worse than death" she said biting her lip slightly. She could feel people's pain slightly sometimes even if it was only told through words. "And to be locked up oof all things surely if you have escped and even if you are part cyborg you still show emotions even after so many years... lets see judging by the date I remember you in early 20's correct?" she asked "and sorry that I made you bring up such memories" she then reached for the cooled bullets and gently pulled them from the moulds and put them in her pouch adn then tended to her dagger's blades and checked the liquid making sure it was stable like her mother had old her to many years ago and put them in their sheaths which she had taken from around her waist and placed her guns in them as well putting the safety on at first.
"Also I've been near the west base a few months ago and alo a few days ago to give them what remained of their people that came here first. I found it which is probably how some one detected me moving away from the area and towards here. My Uncle took me there when I was fourteen before all this happened and showed me his notes and taught me about nanobots and a lot about technology. He also used the metal strangthener on my bullets, guns and daggers around that time as well" she said "You might know him. He was called Professer Sialon there" she said
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Tue May 17, 2011 9:59 am

He shrugged, "Its better to be used than locked up, people fear what I can become, they have to take into account that the Hive could control me if they probably wanted to they would just have to learn how or recapture me, which they have tried before. When it happened I also absorbed knowledge from the Hive, I know things I shouldn't so the Hive is always searching for me and I always have to be two steps ahead of it." He said without much thought, it was true, he knew things but he had already told most of the people back at HQ mostly because he was ordered to. He didn't say much about the pain afterwards he assumed it wasn't a topic of interest most people didn't even like talking this much to him. "Yes, I'm roughly 22 but its just a number really, I feel older than I really am but it does keep me human." He said with a smile. "Its fine most people don't even take the time to ask, it felt nice letting go a bit" He said truthfully, he kept his feelings bottled up and now hes telling his story to a girl he barely knows.

"That probably triggered our sensors as well, we try to keep an eye on them as much as we can and if they take an interest in a area I'm sent to find out why." He listened to her talk about her uncle, he sounded like a genius, then it clicked, a memory he didn't know he had. "I have heard of him, never knew him directly but apparantly he's someone of worth to them.. Must be why you know what you know he said calmly. Do you know what happened to him?" he said calmly, if his suspisions were right this girl was the nephew of the man who originally designed the Nano technology.

(((this is getting interesting, got any idea where you want to go with it?)))
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 am

"He was taken with my parents two years ago, he was excellent and acutally took me there a few times for about four years, It was fun there as well although he messed up quiet a few things sometimes and infused the strange liquid into my dagger handle for some reason, but never told anyone why" she said " and it is true it's better to be used then being locked up but surely you have freinds? your acutally a good person to what I first thought." she said streatching her arms above her head and then resting them by her sides again listening around her "And most likely my father occsionally helped but her specailed in shooting and taught snipers while my mother just made sure that the house stayed intact. It was hilarous sometimes" she said laughing slightly as she thought of it "Also they burnt nearly all of my uncle notes when he vanished. I managed to get in there after he vanished and saw them burning notes. some had the formula for the metal strangthener although he taught me how to make it from rotten food for some reason but it does come in handy" she said. In her pouch she kept a small book and had written notes on everything she needed to know. "he never completed it though.. he kept forgetting the salt, literally, it needed a certain salt in order to remain stable and keep working, he aplied it after I accendently finished it." she laughed slightly at the memories of her 'mad' uncle running around triyng to firgure out what was wrong with it since it tended to fail after about 5 mintues. But now only Ren could remember the whole formuala and everything needed for it and it was always easy to gain this salt as well since the heat rods held them and once they died she kept one or two in order to use some of the salt in them to make the liquid. She could also use the old ones heat them up and remake the solution out of the old ones after she collected the salt she neded to make new salt rods.

(I don't know, I've been making thsi up as I've gone along and yes it is...well that's a good thing at least and the two plots merged together nicely too)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 am

He listened, "I'm sorry to hear that" He said calmly but he meant what he said, she started talking about how her family taught her how to survive, like they knew this would happen to the world. Maybe he was the designer behind the cyborgs Jace didn't know and now was not the time to bother with it. "There wasn't much laughter in my family, I only knew my mother because my father ran out after I was born, scared I think my mother never told me why he left." He said, that liquid though was very interesting, could be made out of natural compounds and used to enhance other compounds, similar to what the cyborgs do to human tissue.

"I wonder why they took such a notice to your uncles work if they went and destroyed it, clearly he must have been a risk to them." He said to her while staring at the knives, "May I see?" he said indicating at the closest knife, he was intrigued by it and wanted to take a closer look at the liquid and the blade itself. In his mind he knew he could probably analyze the substance right here with no lab tools and understand how it worked thanks to the nanobots in his body.
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 17, 2011 11:46 am

"I don't know either, although when I met those other people the recognised me since I was his neice, having mismatched eyes it's sort of hard for people not to remember. Also the liquid inside the blade is not the enchancer for metals it's jsut a strange substance he put in them. He said it was his last work and to be careful with it". Ren then handed him the daggers "Their connected by a chain as well, that way its harder for people to get them away from me and it can also be used to block other daggers and he probably did do something risky which just makes me want to read those notes even more, I think it might be the strange liquid though, he never did mention what it was though when he engraved it into my daggers the last time I saw him" she said "also my paren were probably just clever enough to see that I might be left alone one day and that the world would collaspe, despite our advances in technologie and also health and other things the enviorment was collasping so it wouldn't have been good either way and with the cyborgs being created from people on the edges of town as well they wanted to make sure I wouldn't succum to such things. Although I would prefere to wreck that place and tear it to shreds" she said leaning back against the wall behind her. "Also in one of my Uncles note books it had a strange formuala which I couldn't understand but they burnt it although he never could finish his work since it always had faults. It was always fun finding the problems and solveing them" she had a slight smile "shesh, I don't know how I thought you were a cyborg, your smiing and you seem to be intrgued" she laughed slightly and stood up sitting next him "and you never answered don't you have any freinds? people you can trust with your own life?" she asked

Last edited by Rose for the Hunter on Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Jace held the dagger in his hand, performing complex motions with his hand at high speeds making it hard to see really, suddenly stopping the knife's tip was sitting on the edge of his finger the hilt pointed up in perfect balance. "These are really good blades" He said calmly, they were perfectly balanced, sharp and best of all light, it required no real effort to do what he did, then again his enhancements make it look easier than it is a normal human probably could not do it. He handed the knives back "I'm rather impressed, I only carry a standard Ka-bar Combat knife" he said calmly. Reaching into his boot he pulled a slender black knife about 12 inches in length. "Nothing special but gets the job done." He slid it back into his boot and listened to Ren talk for a moment. "Makes sense, most saw it coming but a lot did not your lucky your parents did." He said this casually he was beginning to open up a bit.

"Most people mistake me because of the hands or how I show no emotion, its one way people see cyborgs, mindless machines with no souls. I'm always mistaken and rarely trust." He paused as she asked if he had friends. "One, but I dont know, he helps me repair my hands and arms which are mostly machine you see, yes flesh covers them and yes they bleed but the bones, muscles are not." He said calmly clenching his fists. "I'd say hes the only friend I have, nice guy and all but he to is scared of me." He paused for a moment and listened to the wind. "I don't know anything other than that" he said finally
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 17, 2011 10:23 pm

"My father used those as well, they weren't always the best plus he prefere his guns, they were simlair to mine but more, how should I put it, furturistic" she said and gave aslight smile as notce him opening up a bit. As she tried to make out the movements he was doign with her daggers. "well atleast you have on sort of freind" she looked to him as he talked and seeing his fists clenched but also talk calmly was slightly confusing. "Why do you talk so calm when you seem so.. annoyed or angry?" she asked "Also there is never an end to things you could know, there is always one thing that you never knew before the will pop up and will learn through time." she said as she leaned back against the wall "Also I only mistook you because its what my insitnct told me" she said not sure if he'd even beilieve her on that "I'll take first shift ok?" she said "No arguing either"
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maz117 Tue May 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Jace looked at Ren his face kinda puzzled. "Its hard for me to really say anything with emotion, I suppose its a side effect of the nanobots, they effect a lot of my emotions. I rarely laugh and joke like I use to as a child. Or cry when I'm sad, my body betrays the feeling so I'm still partially human thankfully." He said, that came out really easy for him, inside it felt nice to let this all out he never had talked this much to another person before. Except as a child anyway. He looked back at Ren. "Its fine most people also think Im a cyborg, some do still but your different, he said calmly and if you looked close you might have seen a fraction of a smile spread on his face. He knew that it might have run different but it felt nice non the less to have a regular person talk to him like this. When she said she would take the first shift he was about to add something till she told him not to argue. He looked up at her and stared into her eyes, "Thank you, I will only need an hour then you can switch with me, I don't need as much sleep as you" He said quietly, truth was he was tired but he only needed an hours worth of good sleep to function properly. "If you need anything let me know" He said calmly as he layed down and shut his eyes, seconds later he spoke once more. "Thank you for being kind" before quickly drifting to a dreamless sleep his rifle in his arms.
Maz117
Maz117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue May 17, 2011 10:43 pm

"See you can even smile still" she said in a hushed tone so she didn't wake him and smiled when he said thank you before she leaned back once again keeping a hand near to her guns and listening around her for any hunter patrols. But from her knowledge they shouldn't passthis place for atleast a few hours. She stood up slowly careful not to wake him she rekindles the heat rod and adjusted it slightly to hid the light inecase one of them decided to check this place early.
She froze when she heard something and put a silencer on her guns about half way through her shiftso the gun shot would not be heard. Being careful she put some silencers on some of his guns as well and looked them over as well but wa always alert. She quickly placed them back down before the hour was up but waited a bit longer before she shook one of his shoulders gently in truth she had waited two hours. "Hey it's your shift, Jace" she whispered still shaking his shoulder gently.
Ren just generally had a kind nature so it made her able to accept anyone as a freind most times. Sje was slowly trusting Jace and no longer showed any fear towards him but acted more like herself and knowing there was atleast another person after two years was somethign of a relief as well.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next