The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

2 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Curiosity Killed The Catfish  R/rated - Page 2 Empty Re: Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

Post by questor Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 am

That was not good. He needed to meet with them to let them know that they had soveron rights to what ever part of the ocean that he claimed for his people. That would help keep people out of the area. There would be others out there probing for riches eventually and they might stumble on them. Then all hell could break lose. He followed him and looked at the home of the merpeople. It was beautiful in away but quite different then what Merlin was use to.

"But the governments can keep people out of this area if they know you are here and you have laid claim to it. They would be more receptive to your requests since they know what we did before. But if you don't I will at least try to convince my government to keep this area off limits. I will try to make up some sort of story of the dangers of the currents and perhaps something else that will make it to dangerous to be here."

He looked around and still could not see the one that had lead him to their home. Was she in trouble for bringing him there? Was she being punished somehow.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Curiosity Killed The Catfish  R/rated - Page 2 Empty Re: Curiosity Killed The Catfish R/rated

Post by LadyRaven Thu May 16, 2013 7:42 am

Hector stopped when he saw Merlin looking around for something, more than likely, someone. "Ground-dwellers are already aware of the currents here and how dangerous the Spire is to them." He offered, "Your vessel is the first to be here in some years, Merlin and it will be the only one that will leave here. Every other that has come within ten miles has sank. Things like that give rise to legends and warnings enough to stay away from here and it's worked well for us so far. That would only change if word was spread of the truth. Your governments would change everything. Certainly, they may declare this place a sanctuary for us, but that would not stop them coming here. If anything, I believe more and more would come. Our home would be turned into a, oh what do you ground-dwellers call them....... the word is on the tip of my tongue." He shook his head several times and drummed his fingers on his thick scales, "Ah! That's it." He said at last, "A zoo. A zoo with fences or borders that keep us locked here while they come down from above and expect us to perform like a prized catch." He shook his head again, "I'm sorry Merlin, but I cannot allow that." He turned to face the ground-dweller, his eyes filled with honesty and truth, "Unless you can prove otherwise, it's my duty as my people's leader to keep things as they are." He motioned for Merlin to follow him further around the Spire.

A few yards away, there was a large overhang that jutted out a few hundred feet from the main body of the mountain. The ground-dweller had been down here now a good number of hours and Hector began to wonder just how long he could stay like this. Ground-dwellers were warm blooded for a start and despite the activity below the Spire, the water would cool him dangerously eventually. Hector had seen the effects of this before. As they drew nearer the overhang, he began to ascend through the water. Above, there was the sound of air rushing up and down and as they rose, the water above them began to turn over slightly. There was a vent in the Spire that brought fresh air down to clean the water around the mountain. Hector took Merlin there so he could breathe again properly and the warm up from the cold of the depths.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu May 16, 2013 8:46 am

Merlin followed and came up to the air and smiled. It was warmer but he didn't really need it. He was at home in the water as he was above it. If one looked closely they would see that his skin was covered by tiny scales. Smooth and soft but they helped keep in the body warmth. With the wet suit it kept him comfortable. "Your home is amazing." he told Hector. "I have a few questions for you though."

He looked at the large merman. "The language we are speaking comes from one that was spoken on land a very long time ago. Their way of life is gone as is their language. Very little outside some clay tablets, murals and the like survived. That is how I came to learn the language. I can read and write it as well as speak it. There fore it seems they were your people along time ago. What made them adapt themselves to the oceans and how was that possible? My father had to have one of your kind to study before he could adapt me." He thought a moment and then asked. "On those tablets was a story of how after they left for the sea that they could return to the land and shed thier tails and have legs once more." he remebered what he had said earlier about growing legs and smiled. "Is it possible?" Then his final question was, "The one that lead me here. I hope she is not in to much trouble. Where is she?"

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu May 16, 2013 10:36 am

Hector smiled also as they broke the surface. The air was as pure as it could be there and he took a long breath of it. It squirted the water out from his gills in a fine spray, not unlike that of a whale and he gave a slight shake. He took the compliment with a wide grin and looked up the long shaft to perfect blue sky above. "That's why I chose this place." He said proudly. "With this shaft and the currents below us, this place provides everything we need to thrive." Then came more questions, but at least these ones he was comfortable in answering.

After a moment to put his thoughts in order, he hitched up on a connected boulder and sat comfortably as the water turned and frothed around his tail end. "It never died down here." He said with pride, "Though there were a myriad of dialects once upon a time. That faded as our people began dying out, but there are still some if you're willing to migrate that far." He began to splash a little water over the top of his tail and flap it a little to keep the scales wet. he then repeated the process on his upper body, then finally his hair.

"Many millennia before, there were different species of us and many of those species went on land to breed. As time went on, the subtle differences began to grow more defined. Some, like myself, began growing tails and fins while others were able to manipulate theirs and put weight on them. The best example of this I can give you would be seals and sea lions. Seals can't hold weight on their limbs, but sea lions can. And while the weight bearing folk started decreasing their scales and gills, the others grew larger. I would imagine over time, the differences caused the species to split and that could be how we came to be. A slow but sure evolution as with the rest of life. The loss of language I can only put down to the lack of water. Our language actually requires water to speak properly. Ground-dwellers don't have that ability. Once again, a slow but steady evolution separating us." He splashed a little more water before deciding it best to get back into the froth. Besides, his weight was beginning to hurt his backside.

After dunking a few times, he filled his gills with water and when he spoke again, the difference was much clearer. "As for the rest of that story, I'm afraid it's pure fantasy. Like I told you before in the hall, I can no more walk on land than you can fly....." He smiled somewhat, "Though the way your race is evolving and experimenting like this, I probably could imagine a feathered version of you some day." He offered a small laugh, "But in all seriousness, Merlin, that is the truth as I know it." Next, Merlin was asking after Syrenne and he lifted an eyebrow.

"You are referring to the young female you chased into Haggum's hole." He said. "She didn't lead you here as much as you tracked her, yes? She isn't in trouble. After the shock of finding you walking around on the shoal and chasing her, she needed some comfort and time alone. She will either be in her home in the Spire, or she will be talking about you to her friends. You see, you were causing a stir long before you actually arrived." He offered a laugh again and ducked beneath the foam. As he turned, inviting Merlin to return with him, he half cocked a grin. "You wouldn't like to see her again, wouldn't you."........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu May 16, 2013 11:30 am

Now that was strange indeed. The story and the pictagraphs showed them being surface dwellers and leaving the land for the sea, not the other way around. He had a feeling that perhaps their history had been changed for some reason. He would have to talk to his father on it. He knew more about the merpeople then he did. Well the physical status anyways. He had studied the one body of a merman for some time.

He followed Hector back down, his eyes adjusting to the dim light. He smiled as Hector asked if he would like to see Syrenne again. "I would like that, especially to appologize to her for scaring her like I did. He had probably frightened her half to death when he chased her. "I can imagine the stories that would be told about a surface dweller being able to breath underwater." he chuckled. "Probably all bad, especially from what I saw when you brought me here."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri May 17, 2013 1:52 am

Hector smiled again and nodded, "Then find her, we shall." He offered before heading back for the main homes of the Spire. Refreshed by the shaft, Hector made good time and it seemed merlin was able to keep up relatively easily too. This pleased him greatly as it meant he could learn and adapt more quickly. He imagined Merlin would be coming and going for quite some time in his search for knowledge; knowledge that Hector now felt comfortable in giving. And more importantly, if what Merlin said was true about the changes up top then he might allow the ground-dweller to alter his opinion somewhat over time.

As they moved through the jagged outcrops of the Spire lower down, Merlin was given a sight of some of the homes. They were basic, but comfortable. Some had doors made of driftwood or woven seaweed while others simply had a growth of it covering the entrance. Others had nothing stopping one viewing in, though privacy was still respected. Each home was individual to its owner and many were adorned with shell designs for that little extra luxury and reflective light. As they moved further down and the light began to dim from above, there were artificial lights beginning to come up courtesy of what could only be described as glow-worms. These were in fact a variety of sea slugs that the merfolk had collected and kept as pets; breeding them so as not to impede on their natural numbers. If one were to look more closely, they would see that these slugs were slithering around a ball of algae which was replenished regularly.

Eventually, Hector reached Syrenne's own home and he peered inside. "Little Siren?" He called, "Are you home, young one?" There was no answer and Hector backed up out of the entrance. "She isn't here." He offered with a shrug. "She'll probably be up in the currents. Come." And he started making his way back up again, but not the same way they had come. Instead of going back anti-clockwise, he carried on clock-wise until he began feeling the current around him. The rocks here were much more jagged and sharp also. "Watch your fins here, Merlin." He offered without thinking, "These rocks can slice your scales off like a blade in blubber."

Out in the distance, but no more than a hundred yards away, there were a collection of the younger merfolk. They seemed to be dancing and swirling around in their games and when Hector spotted them, he smiled and nodded before pointing them out. "There she is." He offered. His eyes could see her without hindrance. He swam out towards them and smiled warmly at the skill and agility they showed. As they drew nearer, hector squared his shoulders and puffed up his chest somewhat as though to make himself bigger and stronger. It was habit among the younger generations to show dominance and power. It kept them in line.... for the most part.

Within the group, there were several young males and females and when Hector arrived, they began to stop and stare. The males did most of that as their territorial instincts began to rise. They swarmed around Merlin to get a good look at him. Some commented on how accurate Syrenne's account of him had been and they studied him closely. Some of the females did this also. They were a handsome group with the females looking equally as stunning as the one Merlin had come across. Being with Hector, that removed him as a threat and they began to welcome him into the group. The last of the group were two females that continued to dance and swirl in the water. The sheer agility they showed gave them a grace that was both unique and hypnotic. Syrenne was one of these females.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri May 17, 2013 11:01 am

Merlin followed and was amazed by their comunity. Yes to him it was spartan but to them it was home and comfortable. That would be something that Merlin would really have to get use to. He was use to the furnishings of the land dwellers. He liked his comfort. He looked at his wrist monitor and then at the surface. As long as they got a signal from his monitor they would know he was alright. He was sure his father was getting worried though. It had been a few hours since he had gone down.

They checked the small place that Syrenne called home. But she was not there so Hector took him to another place that he saw a number of the younger merpeople. They were doing some sort of dance what was very interesting. As they approached, the young males stopped and began to circle him. He grinned at their actions. Territorial reactions. The Females did the same but they seemed to be looking him over . Syrenne and another female still danced oblivious of what was happening. He floated there watching her, a smile on his lips.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri May 17, 2013 3:26 pm

The young merfolk began to move around him and inspect him as though he was part of the generation. For an introduction, things couldn't have gone better for Merlin. He was being accepted at least by the younger folk. The older ones would take some more time probably. Hector noted while he moved among the young ones that Merlin kept checking something on his wrist. He looked up briefly to spy the keel of the waiting vessel above and almost felt sad. Merlin would be leaving soon and the questions would begin all over again. He would have to call a meeting with the rest of the elders and discuss how to move forward from this point. He could already see the tensions rising between older and younger and the arguments that would erupt from this adventure. Soon enough though, he noticed Merlin staring at Syrenne and her friend. This made him smile and he moved forward slightly.

"Syrenne, Arion." He offered in his speech tone. "Your game has finished now. Only you are playing." He smiled as Arion stopped. She was equally as pretty as Syrenne but with dark purple hair rather than blue.
"The game never ends." She called back, but then noticed Merlin and her purple eyes went wide. "Oh my!" She said, coming forward fast. "Aren't you something, indeed!" She was slightly older than Syrenne, probably a year or two. She swam around him in tight circles and went so far as to reach and touch him. She wanted to see his gills for herself. "Amazing!" She breathed, then called over her shoulder, "Hey, Syrenne!" She called, "Your boyfriend is back!"

Syrenne stopped dancing instantly and spun around with a quick flap of her tail. She stared at Merlin with her mouth wide open and her gills flaring widely. The mermaid was in shock at seeing him here and so welcomed by her friends too! The others began to laugh and snigger as they moved off; deciding to leave Hector, Merlin and her alone for a minute. Their game could wait. Syrenne moved forward carefully and tilted her head as she regarded him. Hector folded his arms and lifted a bushy white eyebrow, "Now, now little siren, be nice." He warned. The last time he saw that look, she bit him.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat May 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Merlin smiled and watched her approach. Both her and her friend Arion were indeed good looking. He had heard what the other female had said and chuckled. "Boyfriend." That was interesting. But it looked to him that he had been accepted by the younger ones. The one that had called him Syrene's boyfriend, had looked him over quite well. When Syrenne approched and stopped, he gave her a slight bow. "First I would like to appologize for frightening you earlier. It was not my intention. Now I would like to introduce myself. I am Merlin."

Above his father still paced the deck. "They have been moving around down there. Perhaps they are giving him the grand tour of the place and he is meeting with their elders or something." The ship's Captain told him.

"I still don't like how long he has been gone. Try to raise him on the radio again. It looks as if he is away from the main formation down there."

The radio operator tried again and Merlin heard the voice in his ear. "Excuse me a moment. I think my father is getting a bit worried." he moved off a little, "I am here and I am fine. Just getting to know some of them."

The sound of his voice made his father sigh in relief. "Well it is about time that we leave. We have tons of data to go over and alot to talk about."

Merlin sighed. He knew his father was right. He moved back to Hector and Syrenne. "I have to return to the ship and we have to return to the mainland. "I do wish to return and talk more." he thought a moment. "So that you will know it is me, I will have a picture painted on the bottom of the boat. " he grinned. A picture of you." he nodded to Syrenne.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:59 am

When Merlin bowed and introduced himself, Syrenne thought the action was a little weird. How could one bow exactly under sixty feet of water? He did anyways and when she heard the apology, she gave a nod of understanding. To her mind, if someone or something had been watching her like she had been watching him, she would have chased it off too. "Merlin." She offered, repeating his name so she got it right. It was a nice name, similar to a male version her people had that were named for the sword fish that sometimes came by - Marlin. Then suddenly, he backed off and started speaking to someone that clearly wasn't there. She thought this weird too, very weird. Who was he speaking to? Then he was back again and she cocked her head at him as he explained he had to leave.

When Merlin told them of what he would paint on the bottom of his vessel, Hector couldn't help but laugh heartily. "Next, you'll rename the thing after her!" He chortled as he held his ribs. He wasn't insulting the ground-dweller, not at all. He genuinely found the idea hilarious. Syrenne remained quiet with a raised eyebrow. "Why would you paint my picture?" She asked, but then shrugged, "As you wish." With a quick flick of her tail, she came up closer to him. Her gills flared as she reached out. "I will escort you up, if you wish." She offered. Hector had already seen the vessel, but she hadn't yet and she was curious. "I would like to meet the invisible person you keep speaking to.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:06 am

Merlin smiled and chuckled. His father had already met Hector and a few of the mermen. He probably would love to see one of the Mermaids, as would the crew. He nodded and said, "I would love to introduce you to my father." he said. He took her hand and with a look at Hector who had been laughing quite hard began the accent. He took it easy, wanting to spend a little time with his new friend.

But where he had hoped it would take time to reach the surface, it seemed to have passed rapidly and they broke the surface. His father was leaning over the rail some watching for Merlin. When he broke the surface with Syrenne his eyes widened and a smile touched his lips. Suddenly the rail was crowded with men looking down. This time however there were no guns, just wide eyed men. "Father this is Syrenne, the mermaid that I chased." then he turned to her and spoke in her language. "Syrenne this is my father John. " He doubted that she knew his language and he knew his father did not understand hers. "And this is our ship the Lady of the Sea.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:58 am

Syrenne made her way up in silence, but cast the odd glance at Merlin and wondered what would happen after this. All her life, she'd been taught that ground-dwellers were dangerous and must be avoided at all costs. Yet, he was one and there were more up top. It was amazing how quickly things had changed already and for a moment, she did worry about even more coming to the Spire and what they would bring with them. All too soon, she saw churning water above her and slowed enough to let Merlin break the surface first.

Syrenne took her time to break the waters and for a moment kept her lower face in the water as she took a few deep breaths. She could breathe out of it like any other merfolk but it took some getting used to. When she heard Merlin introduce her to his father and him to her, she lifted her head and neck fully out. The first breath was a little difficult as the air hit her still water-filled lungs and when she breathed back out of her gills, the air mixed with the water and created a small gushing effect not unlike what Hector had done earlier. Her lungs now cleared of water, she closed her gills again and began breathing the air. A few seconds later, her eyes adjusted to the fading sunlight and she blinked a few times before pushing her hair back completely from her face. What a sight met her!

The entire side of the vessel had ground-dwellers leaning over to see her and she stared at them with caution and a little fear. From one ground-dweller, she was now faced with more than a dozen of them and she thought for a moment to duck back down and disappear. She couldn't see any weapons in their hands and the looks on their faces meant they were bolted to the spot it seemed, so she stayed put for a moment. Some of the crew were a different colour to Merlin and she stared at them curiously before her eyes finally landed on another that looked almost exactly like Merlin. This one was clearly John, his father.

Syrenne swam up to the vessel and looked along the length in wonder. She had never seen such a thing this close and it amazed her just how it stayed afloat. It must have weighed more than a whale! Her fingers touched the wood tentatively and she looked up. She wanted to see the top of it where they were all standing, but she wouldn't be able to reach without serious help, or some decent speed to jump at the very least. Her eyes went back to John and she gave a cautious nod. "Welcome, John." She offered in politeness, "And welcome to your ground-dwellers." As she said that, she cast her eyes along the line of staring men again and spotted something being lowered to the water. It was strange. Two lines of rope and wood strung between them. She'd seen one before as a decoration in Hector's personal home, but never knew what it was. And then a shout made her jump and she shot away from the boat.

One of the crew, having leaned over way too far to see the mermaid, had lost his grip and balance and had fallen in. In a split second, Syrenne flared open her gills and sank beneath the water in fright. She was about to swim away when she saw the fallen man floundering beneath the surface and he seemed to have trouble coming back up. She swam over and looked at him cautiously. He looked terrified. Knowing what she did of ground-dwellers, he would die if he didn't surface. He was part of Merlin's vessel. In that second, she grabbed him by the hair and swam back up, hauling the terrified man back to his vessel. She broke the surface with a cloud of bubbles and literally launched the poor fellow out of the water and kept a hold of him so he didn't sink again......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:39 am

Merlin was only an instant behind Syrenne. She had the man and had pulled him up. It seemed the man was not a swimmer. Definately not one of the ship's crew. Probably one of the Technical people his father had brought along. When she got him up to the surface he was there to help hold him out of the water till the crew could retrieve him. Once he was on board there was a great deal of laughter.

"Our way of dealing with a situation like this." Merlin told Syrenne. "Helps ease the tension and the frightened person's mood." He knew that she would be wondering why they were laughing. He guided her back to the side of the ship where his father was. "To bad you could not come with us to see my world. It has changed a lot since those days long ago but it is still quite a sight."

"Time to go son." John called down to him. Merlin nodded and turned to Syrenne. "Time for me to go. But I will be back."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:58 am

Syrenne gave a small nod to Merlin of understanding.  She would have liked to see the top world if only for a little while, but her wants could wait for now.  She backed up once the laughter faded and offered a small smile.  "I will look forward to it."  She told him quietly and then ducked back down, filling her lungs with water again.  As she turned in the water, she lifted up her large tail and flapped it through the surf and splashing it up the side of the vessel and then she was gone.

Back down below, she had made it perhaps 30ft when the first lot of questions began and Syrenne gave a small sigh.  "Speak to Hector."  She told them flatly, "I have places to be and things to do.  he knows more than I."  And she left them hanging as it were......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:03 am

Merlin watched her go and felt a bit sad that she was leaving. He turned and climbed the ladder they had lowered for him and as soon as he was aboard his father gave orders for them to set sail. The anchor was raised and the sails raised. Soon the ship was heading back to the mainland, two days travel.

"Tell me more about the one that you examined." he told his father. He had read the old tablets and they had said that they had come from the land to the ocean. Never really said why but Merlin had a feeling that it was because they were trying to escape a hostile people out to kill or enslave them. But how could they have transformed themselves to live in the ocean. It had taken his father some time to transform him, and that was after examining the dead merman and years of experiments.

Had Hector's people found the secret long ago. Would not have been the first time that something like that would have been lost and only recently discovered again.

"Ahhhh I think I know what you are wanting to know my boy." His father smiled. "Xrays of the body that was found shows that there is indeed the skeletal structure of legs and feet under the flesh of their tails. But whether the stories of old are true about them being able to come on land and shed them and have legs and feet is unknown."

Below Syrenne was followed by a group of the merfolk. They still wanted to know about the stranger. Others had already went to Hector to ask him about Merlin.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:56 am

Hector tried as best he could to quell the questions being fired at him.  "Quiet!"  He yelled and the crowd fell into silence.  "Finally!"  He eased back into his chair and put his hands down on the arms carefully.  "Merlin is a ground-dweller."  He confirmed, "He has been mutated to survive under water."
"How?!"  One called.
"Science."  Hector explained, "Ground-dweller science.  He and his ship came here to learn.  His father altered him at the genetic level to enable him to be here and learn from us without the need for mechanical machines and weapons.  He means us no harm and he has given me his word we will not be attacked, captured or disturbed.  He wishes only peace between our races."
"And you believe him?"  Called another.
Hector nodded, "I do."  He said, "He has sworn to me that his people wish only peace with us."
"How can you be sure?"  Called yet another.
"Syrenne."  Hector said, "She has captured his soul.  His offerings to her speak of his heart and I am sure of that."
"What offerings?"
"Her reflection in his gaze from the start and his need for knowledge about her.  And her image to adorn his vessel."
"But they know nothing of our culture."  Said an advisory to Hector's right.  "He knows only what the old tablets have said of us.  Tablets that may I remind you, were stolen by the ground-dwellers and for years, were used against us.  Why should this Merlin be any different?"
Hector turned his head to his friend, "I saw the way he looked at her, Psodian."  He said, "And so did the young school she was with.  Her friends can confirm this."
"And what about Syrenne?"  Asked Psodian, "What does she say to this?"
"I will speak to her presently."  Hector said quickly.
"From what I understand, she was frightened of him."
Hector nodded, "Indeed, she was."  He admitted, "But after speaking with him, she was comfortable enough to lead him back up to his vessel and speak with his father.  I believe she will understand in time."

Across on the other side of the Spire, Syrenne had managed to lose the following merfolk and she gazed out into the open ocean to consider what had happened.  She wondered what would happen now.  Merlin had turned her entire world upside down and if he returned, she knew deep down that he would not only bring more ground-dwellers with him, but he might actually stay.  Her eyes cast upward to the churning water that continually bombarded the Spire and the mountain above it.  Would he live there and come down to visit?  Or would he keep his vessel just off the current and live there instead?  Would it become like the floating cities that she had learned about?  So many questions and no answers.  This frightened her.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 am

"I don't care what Hector says. He is a surface dweller." One merman said in a small group of them. "Remember the writings." he continued. "Our ancestors escaped the surface world, a world of greed and destruction. We had a good home there once but others desired what we had and destroyed our beautiful city." The merman wore a strange amulet about his neck. It bore a symbol of a circles within circles and a pyramid in the very center. He looked at the others, all old. "We the keepers of the past all know this. We are the only ones that know that we once dwelt upon the surface and our scientists back then were able to change us so we could adapt to the oceans."

He swam about nervously as he continued on. "Then they almost destroyed us with their toxic wastes and other things they dumped into the oceans. They can not be trusted."

On the Lady of the Sea Merlin and his father talked for some time. Between his father and the tablets that he had read, he was begining to get a picture of what might have happened long ago. He sighed as he left his father and went to his small cabin. There he lay for a long time thinking of Syrenne. He wondered what she would look like as a surface dweller, and how she might like the surface world.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33 am

"That was only one theory, Sharok."  Hector said quickly, "And one that still holds little to no proof of actuality.  You saw with your own eyes the way he reacted to our people.  Your own daughter was the first to speak to him and welcome him.  If Adien can see beyond the science, why can't you?"  He came off his chair and went to his friend.  "Sharok, what happened in the past, we cannot change.  What happens in the future, we cannot predict.  But, what happens today, we can lay the foundations for a wanted future.  Open your heart and your eyes my friend and trust on my decisions like you always have.  Merlin has taken the time to learn our language and our customs, albeit loosely, but it has shown me he means what he intends.  If he can learn from us, from Syrenne, we have a chance not to repeat the past."  He put his large hand on the male's shoulder in friendship.
"But does he understand his actions?"  Sharok's wife asked.
"I don't yet, Farem."  Hector told her, "He knows a lot, perhaps more than he thinks."
"Syrenne will never agree to this, you know that."  The female said plainly, "And neither do Sharok and I.  This ground-dweller cannot be allowed to become part of our customs and he will not be welcome in our home."
"That is your choice."  Hector said politely.
"And I will not allow him to covet Syrenne either."  Sharok said firmly.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:44 am

Deep in the ocean, in the sunken city of Jakar a meeting of the council had been convened.  "It is time for us to consolidate all the small communities of our kind in one place.  Strength lies in numbers.  The surface dwellers have been weakened by their wars.  Our scouts have ranged far and wide throughout the oceans and have seen that they no longer have their great metal ships that carried thousands.  They now only have small wooden ships like they did centuries ago.  

Their once great cities lie in ruins and they have tore down some to make smaller cities.  They are weakened, so now is the time to claim the oceans for us and make them pay tribute to use them."  The young merman with a crown of gold set upon his head sat on a throne made of coral and sea shells.  

The palace like the rest of the city had been carefully rebuilt over the last century.  It had been a surface city at one time, a very long time ago.  Now the self aclaimed King of the MerFolk was wanting to bring all the merfolk from across the oceans to his new city.  "Send out the envoys and let it be known that their King commands them to come."

It was a few days later when the Lady of the Sea put into port.  The data about or near the Spire was left off their findings.  Only those that were at least a hundred miles from the Spire was listed.  In many places there were rich deposits of metals and natural gas.  

When Merlin disembarked he looked up past the two and three story buildings that made up the port city of New York to the ruins of the once mighty city that had held that name.  The people worked the city, to reclaim metal and other useful materials and items.  Steel was plentiful as the city had been made of it.  There was copper from wire and plumbing, some iron and other metals.

He then turned and looked out over the ocean.  He would be returning to the Spire.  He was intrigued by the merfolk and one in particular.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:24 am

At the royal court, one of the King's advisors came forward. The female was older, but she was still beautiful. She had the same look and movement that the King had and all gave the female the respect and reverence that she deserved as the King's mother. Her name also reflected her standing as her mother had been a royal in the old kingdom, Illithia. She came to her son with a loving smile and a slight nod of her head. "My beloved son and King." She said warmly, "May I speak plainly within your court?" She came to his side with that same loving smile and placed herself on the small chair by his throne. "When your envoys bring your loyal subjects back to the citadel, perhaps you would consider something for me." She turned on the chair and placed a tender hand on his thick forearm. She lowered her voice a little, "There are many females here that would give anything to be your consort and their fathers would give much more to have such a standing within your court, but if you would consider choosing outside Jakar, it would cement your reign within the outer territories and command the loyalty far better than a simple summons to rejoin the flock as it were." She could see he was losing patience with her riddles and insinuations. "Perhaps you could choose a pairing from those of the shoals? They are by far the most hardy of our kind and in pairing with a good standing female of their court, you guarantee their protection and vast knowledge of the shallows. Their protector is Hector, a male of good size and strength and absolute loyalty to the merfolk in his care. I recently received word from his good friend Sharok. Their daughter Adien is a fine and beautiful female and nearly ready for breeding. Or perhaps Hector's own ward, Syrenne. From what I have been told, she is quite unique among her fellow females. A pairing with either would command loyalty from Hector and you would gain such wonders from the shoals and the Spire. What say you, my beloved son and King?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:24 am

He listened to his mother speak. Finally she made it plain and simple instead of riddles. He had to admit that she was right. Taking a mate from the outlying communities would be seen as him accepting them as equals in a sense. He could see why his father had taken her for a mate, and how he had ruled the small but powerful kingdom. He could only hope one of those she had suggested would be up to the task as she was.

The envoys were sent out with armed guards. The first part of bringing in the outer territories, would be to bring in their leaders to inform them of what was happening. He sent a special message to them, to bring two females each with them, that he would choose among them his Queen. To Hector, he requested the two females that his mother had suggested.

Deep within what had use to be the United States and now the Territories. The Exon Corporation leader was pacing his office. Finally a middle aged man in what looked to be a black uniform entered. "Well?" the Corporation Leader asked.

"The training of the new army is complete sir. We have done it at several locations so as not to arouse suspisions." The middle aged man smiled. "Once those scientists have completed their surveys and tests, we will know where to strike and put a controling force."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 am

Illithia smiled lovingly to her son and bowed her head again as the orders were given.  She would see her bloodline keep the throne for generations, not just her long dead husband.  She remembered the fight that had ensued over the throne on his death and the chaos that she had endured to keep her son alive long enough to seize it back.  Now he had done that and thrived, it was time that he provided her with as many toulas (grandchildren) as possible.

The emissaries arrived within a few days to the Spire and were met with the respect they deserved.  They were led into the grand hall where Hector was waiting for them.
"Grand Protector, Hector."  The emissary said with respect, "I am here under orders from the King to request your presence in Jakar."
"I see."  Hector said as he read through the formal written request.  "It seems more a demand than a request though, messenger.  Why now?"
"The King in his wisdom believes it is time to rejoin all the flocks for the greater purpose."  The emissary said,
"I see."  Hector said again as he read through the message a second time.  "I see here he demands an audience of females as well.  Does he intend to pair with all of them?"
"No Grand Protector."  The emissary said, "Just one.  Were he to choose one of those named, it would be a great honour to you and to their fathers."
Hector nodded, "He understands that Syrenne is my ward, yes?"
"Yes Sir, he does."
"And already promised to the son of Sharok."
The emissary furrowed his brow, "A betrothal that can be undone easily, I'm sure in place of a King."  He said.
"I suppose so."  Hector replied, then handed the message back.  He cast a look to Sharok who didn't look entirely pleased with the idea of Adien and Syrenne being sent away, but he nodded in silence.  "Tell your King I shall arrive with my honour guard by the morrow a day from now  (three days), with the requested females."  He nodded with respect and waited for them to leave before he relaxed again.  "This will be hard to explain."  he said quietly, then waved at a guard.  "Bring me Adien and Syrenne."  He ordered.

Within an hour, both females were brought to him.  The others had gone so he could speak freely.  "Toulas."  He said warmly, "I've received word from Jakar."
"The Jakar?"  Adien asked excitedly.
"Yes."  Hector said, "The King has summoned me."
"How wonderful!"  Adien said, "Would father allow me to go along with you?  I would love to see the citadel."
"Your father isn't going."  Hector said quietly, "But you and Syrenne are."
"Really?"  Asked Syrenne.
"Yes."  Said Hector, "The King wishes to choose a pairing and he has named you and Adien as prospective females."
"No."  Syrenne said instantly.
"Are you insane!?"  Adien said quickly, "The King has commanded you to be there.  If you don't go, you could be stripped for treason!  Stupid girl!"
"Syrenne, you will obey." Hector said firmly, but softly. Simple force with Syrenne wasn't a good idea.
"What about Merlin and the ground dwellers?" She asked, "They will be coming back soon and he will want to see me, he told me so."
"He will have to wait." Hector said, "Now, go sort out what you are taking with you. We leave in three days."
"I can't wait!" Adien chimed in, "We get to meet the King!"

The two females swam off and Hector sat back in his chair with a loud sigh. he hadn't told them why he was taking them, only that the King had requested them to come along. Adien no doubt would be thrilled when she found out, that female had high dreams, but Syrenne would be another matter. She wasn't made for city life, she was an infant the last time she was in Jakar and wouldn't remember it. Syrenne was made for the shoals and the Spire. She had thrived there and he felt almost sad that she might be chosen and would have to stay there. Hector began to hope that the King chose Adien so Syrenne could return home. At least here, she could disappear for a few days or hide under his tail should she feel lost. In the citadel, she would have no-one and that made him feel sad.

Last edited by LadyRaven on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit)
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 am

In the days that followed their return, Merlin hand the Lady of the Sea drydocked, her bottom cleaned and painted, as he had said he would have it. As that was being done he brought out all the tablets he had managed to find on the once proud race that the Merfolk had come from. They had definately land dwellers once but he could find nothing on how or why they took to the sea.

Hector had said that they had always been there. It seemed that he had not been taught their history. Perhaps they had a good reason for not teaching it. Merlin wished he could find more about them. As he sat in his work room at home he stared at a mat on the wall he had used when younger. "Of Course." he whispered. He was up in a flash and pulled a book from the shelf. It had listed all the artifacts that had been found in ancient cities found underneath the oceans and seas. These cities had once been on land but due to the rise of the seas had been swallowed up by the water.

The half ruined museum in the ruins of the once great city held a store of ancient stone tablets that no one could read. It was not long after he was at the old museum. It was no longer used. Intrest in such things had dwindled in the new world. Survival was the thing now. Here he found what he was looking for after hours of searching for.

The king called his council together and he swam around the stone table with the map of the oceans etched into it. "The surface dwellers after many years of waring among themselves, now find themselves depended on each other. Their once great fleets of metal ships have vanished and have been replaced by slower wooden ones. They need to trade with each other for various goods and this is where we will them pay tribute to us." he looked at each and everyone of them as he circled the table. "They have specific routes that they use. These we will control and prevent them from passing unless they give us what we want. Eventually we will control them and tell them what to do."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 am

Three days passed with barely any time to do anything more than pack the necessaries and arrange the guardian for while Hector was away. In all, he took nine mermen as guard, including Sharok, who all but insisted Adien would not go unless by his side. Hector had no choice but to agree, fearing he would face war with the King, or his friend, neither of which he wanted.

The dawn rose and Hector with his guard and Adien and Syrenne in tow, left the Spire and left Dunar as guardian. The male was a little younger than him, but fiercely loyal and a renowned hunter. Hector felt he left their home in good hands. The flock made their way towards the migration paths and were lucky enough to pick up on a large pod of orcas that were heading in the same direction. They agreed to allow the merfolk to tag along, providing an easy current to follow in the vastness. They reached the city two days later.

When Jakar and the citadel came into view, Adien could barely contain her excitement. Syrenne on the other hand stared at it unimpressed. "I want to go home." She said.
"Be nice." Hector ordered as they swam to the main city gate. They were stopped by royal guards and Hector offered them a nod of respect as was the custom. "Please inform your King the Shoal Merfolk have arrived under invite and request." he said with respect and they were allowed entry to the city. Hector kept Syrenne close, feeling she would disappear given half a chance, but it turned out to be Adien that swam off. Sharok brought her back with a scolding and the flock entered the citadel and then the palace.

From the main door, they were taken to private rooms where they could clean up and be made presentable. Syrenne point blank refused anything beyond brushing her hair while Adien went for the whole works to impress. They were then led to the main hall where they waited for the King to arrive. "I want to go home." Syrenne demanded again, but her pleas were ignored and she sulked as she put her tail back and bowed over for the King's entrance with the rest of the flock.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:27 am

The city of Jakar was magnificent. It had been rebuilt and looked as it had when it had been on the surface of the world. But it had been on an island and not near a major land mass. The citadel was an imposing pile of stone. Again it was built in the Greek like architecture
Beautiful but formatable looking.

As they entered the city streets were lined with merfolk moving about high and low in the water. It was a thriving place but yet lacked what the surface cities had.

When the king entered the throne room he looked about and saw Hector and the two females with him. He smiled when he saw them. They were beautiful and either would seem to be a likely candidate to be his mate. But as he watched he noted how Adien had seemed to prepare herself for audiance. She seemed all to egar and full of herself. But Syrenne looked as if she didn't care and had a fire about her that he had seen in his mother. Yes she was definately one that could be a queen.

"Welcome Hector. You are the first to arrive. Once the others have we will talk and I will explain why I have summoned you and desire to have all the outlying communities to return here. In the mean time, relax and enjoy Jakar. Go out and meet the people here and get to know one another." he smiled. He moved down from the throne and looked at Adien and Syrenne. "And who are these two lovely Mermaids?"

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next