The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of the Damned

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

City of the Damned - Page 2 Empty Re: City of the Damned

Post by LadyRaven Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Whisper smiled nd turned her head lightly at a thunk on the table andrealised it was the bottle of Jim Beam he had brought her. He went to the window and she turned her head back somewhat to him.  She had already heard the chatter and nodded, "Wonderful isn't it."  She said to him, "All those centuries of snobbery and perfection brought to nothing and all for a worthless blind girl.  I do so enjoy watching them squirm so."  She offered a small sigh and a laugh then as he spoke to Demon, but then it all went so horribly wrong.

She felt the vibration and the surge of air before Nick tipped her over on the chaise lounge, but it was still a shock to her.  Any idea of an attack from him though was dispelled when he leaped behind with her and covered and she heard three strikes from bullets.  Two of the bullets bored into the underside of the chaise lounge and the third hit somewhere in the wall.  Had Nick just saved her life?  Then she heard her guards come rushing in and Nick yelled at them to stay away from the window.  No use, for she heard a number of them get hit.  Nick then left her and she heard more shots before he fired his gun.  The shooting then stopped.

The room was awash with the smell of blood and it wasn't until it was all over that Whisper heard Nick's curse and smelled his blood.  She knew it was his because she already knew the smell of each of her guards.  Then he went on about the UV rounds and she furrowed her brow.  If Nick was supposed to be the only one, then clearly, he wasn't looking after his armoury very well.  She emerged from behind the long chair and went to him.  "You've been hurt."  She said to him, taking him by the arm an back into the room proper.  Then general rushed to the window and closed it, drawing the curtains quickly.  That would block any more visuals and heat signatures.  "Find the medical kit."  She said to him.
"Yes Lady."  He said and quickly left to do just that.
"Come."  Whisper said to Nick and she led him to the bed.  "Sit down and let me have a look."  At this point, Demon also emerge from his hiding place, looking decidedly on edge and sorry for himself.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:09 pm

As he was lead to the bed chamber and told to sit on the bed, his mind was still trying to figure out how someone had gotten a hold of UV rounds. They had been made special by the tech people of Shadow, for use against the vampires as they emerged from centuries of hiding. The only ones that had access to them were the Fifteen members of the elite group of Shadow. No he though, it could not be that one had survived that day. He had seen them all killed, cut down before they could even reach their target. Besides they would have been long dead of old age if they had. Unless! No none of them would have betrayed the team. They were that close nit.

He looked down and saw Demon looking as if he had failed to protect Whisper. "Nothing you could have done boy. You can't stop bullets. Demon looked up at him and cocked his head to one side. "You keep smelling with that nose of yours. I am sure that they are not done trying yet."

As the General came back with the med kit he looked at him. "Bet you have been having a devil of a time trying to figure out the passages." he grinned. He dug into his coat pocket and brought out a small rectangular device with a button on it. He tossed it to the General, "Here use this. It will activate the panels and the stone blocks that block the passages. If I am right someone else might know the ways in and try that way."

Oh what was he getting himself into. What was he doing. "You still enjoying their squirming. No matter how good your sencse are there will be that one time that they will not be good enough and there won't be anyone around to help." he shook his head. "I don't know what is is with you vampires. You all want power, all want to control. You have great gifts but you use them for your own pleasure and not for a common good. Mistrust, trying to kill each other, what does it get you?"

He rose from the bed, standing still not having been bandaged. "I'll take care of it at home." he told her and began walking to the door. "I have had to take care of worse wounds."

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Whisper growled low in her throat and quite firmly, grabbed Nick's shoulder and dragged him back to the bed.  "Sit down before I make you."  She ordered quietly and then opened the med kit.  A long time ago, her old general had made sure to mark everything in braille and so she easily found what she needed.  "Take your jacket off and I will explain a few things to you."  She ripped open the gauze pack and then opened the bottle of disinfectant, followed quickly by a scalpel, tweezers and a shot of anti-biotic.

"I am enjoying their squirming, not because I want their power, or their control."  She began, "I am enjoying their squirming because it is long overdue and very much deserved."  She didn't look at him as she spoke, nor did she look at his wound.  She didn't need to.  She felt around carefully, learning his skin, the muscle underneath and the location of the bullet.  "Yes, I use my gifts to pleasure myself with their misfortune, but to me, I am simply resetting the balance as it should be.  My whole life, the vampires treated me like a pariah, like I should never have existed.  I had to work twice as hard for only a fraction of what was offered back and even when I succeeded, they still treated me like scum.  Every day, all I heard from them was how I should have been killed at birth, how my mother should be ashamed of herself for birthing such an imperfect child and how my father should kill her and me and take a good breeding wife instead.  As for mistrust?"  She found the bullet and carefully pushed the tweezers into the hole.

After fishing around for just a second, she pulled the bullet out and dropped it onto a piece of gauze.  The wound bled then quite badly and she quickly rolled another piece of gauze and pressed it into the wound.  "I learned a long time ago that trust was not something to give lightly.  Yes, I mistrust them and with good reason.  Since even before the war, I've had to fight to keep breathing.  Every turn, every shadow could be my last and it's all down to the vampires.  They can't stand to see me succeed where they have failed and they cannot tolerate my inability to look them in the eye.  This attack is just one of many over the years and I've come to accept them as part of my life.  And yes, I am trying to kill them, but in my own time, Nicholas.  I have never, nor will I ever work to another's timetable.  I will react when acted upon and in such a way that the rest are reminded just what a worthless little blind girl can really do.  I'm sure you can somehow sympathise with that?"  She didn't smile outwardly at using his old lover like this, but inwardly, she grinned almost dangerously.

Carefully, Whisper covered the wound and taped the bandage on almost expertly.  All that was left now was the antibiotic shot.  "Stand and drop your jeans."  She told him as she prepared the shot.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:30 pm

He listened to her and still she did not understand what he was trying to say.  He shook his head as she began cleaning the wound, making an incssion on either side of the wound and then went in looking for the bullet, or what had been left of it.  She had spent all that time proving how good she was and making the others even more angry and desperite to show that they were better, and all because she wanted them to see her as being better.  With her wits and heightened senses she had not even tried to take control and put some order to the leadership.  While her and the Lords were squabling for power those below that had been turned into what they probably did not want to be were eking out a living and hunting humans for blood to stay alive.  They were part of the Army that the Old Lords had created to try and take over the world.  Left unchecked there would be no humans around to feed upon, then what.  Would they try and go after the animals of the forests.  

Maybe he should just let the old vampire do his thing and take complete control.  Maybe he would bring some sort of order to the chaos.  He shook his head and said, "You still do not see do you.  You do not understand.  We did back then, that was why I was sent on a mission to eliminate the one that was holding everything together for the vampires.   All it took was one to bring all the others together.  With out that one, it would fall apart as it has.  At least here it has.  You say you don't care for power but look at yourself, look at what you have become.  The way you dress, the way keep control by fear."  he looked out into the other room, "If your general or one of your guards displeases you or makes a mistake, do you forgive them and give them another chance or do you kill them infront of the others.  Yes you wanted to prove what you could do, and when you did, you continued to be that person that wanted and craved to control people."

Again he shook his head wondering why he was even trying to reason with her and why he was there.  It was none of his business what they did.  He was a soldier and had been for over two hundred of the three hundred years he had lived.  Let them kill each other, soon there would be none that wanted to be a lord for fear of being the next target. He was now with out a unit or an army to fight with but he still did it through taking out contracts to kill.  That is all he knew.  Leave the politics to those that want the headachs.  

When told to drop his pants he shook his head and took the syringe from her and injected the antibiotic into his arm.  "I had best be going.  I have to try and find someone.  A traitor that needs to be dealt with." as he walked out into the other room he told the general "I suggest you double or triple the guards at the base of the tower and anywhere you think someone might gain entrance, especially the roof."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Whisper narrowed her eyes somewhat and stared just over his shoulder as he took the needle from her.  "If I had proven to them I was worth their time, they would have stopped trying to kill me."  She said plainly, "And what I have or the way I dress has nothing to do with power.  What I have, I have earned with blood, sweat and tears and what I wear is only what I know I feel good in.  Yes, it may seem lavish and selfish and I suppose it is.  I enjoy what I have and I enjoy the way I live."  She packed up the medical kit and then stood up, wiping her hands over a lingering cloth from the kit.  "I executed my last general in front of the others, I'll admit openly.  He not only failed in his duty to me, but he put my life and property at risk when you infiltrated my home.  He was supposed to know this building inside and out, that was the only reason I employed him in the beginning.  Simply put, Nicholas, he lied to me and that put everything I am and have in danger." 

When he said he had to go, she moved to the door with him and lifted her chin, looking at him over his shoulder again.  "You say that your commanders sent you into Gotham to execute the leading vampire lord and to unsettle the lesser lord and create chaos.  Well, I'd say you most certainly succeeded.  You got exactly what you wanted, though perhaps not quite what you expected.  In some small way, perhaps I am doing the same thing.  The only difference being, Nicholas Night, I know exactly what will happen after and I fully expect it.  Their infighting and selfishness has left this city in utter desolation.  Unwanted vampires hunt and kill unchecked and uncared for and nine times out of ten, they are left on purpose.  No vampire I have created has been allowed such destruction and unlike the other lords, I have only actually turned one human and you saw him yourself.  If I had my way, I'd be rid of the entire population and let the humans regroup and return this city to what it should be, but that would require more than I am capable of.  In so doing, perhaps I am no better than the other lords, but at least I know my limit and I know better not to push it.  Perhaps one day, you should walk a mile on my feet and see for yourself, instead of judging only what you see.  Good evening, Nicholas."  She then turned away and went back to her bed to ring her bell.

Once outside, the general waited to take Nick back down again nodded his head, "I will take that under advisement."  He said honestly and began to lead the hunter back to the elevator.  "How is your shoulder?  I saw the riquochet and you saved a number of my guards tonight.  Perhaps, I think, you've made a friend in Lady Damascus.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:51 pm

When she used his last name, he raised a brow. No one knew that name, except those of Shadow, and she was never apart of it. There fore someone had found the personnel files. He looked at the General and figured since he was still alive, it was probably him that had found it and brought the information to her. Well it didn't matter. What was done was done. She evidently knew more about him now, more then he would have liked but there was nothing he could do about it now.

"I see you found the personnel files. Hope she enjoyed the briefing." He entered the elevator and when the General followed he told him, "Watch your back and keep pleasing her. That is the only way you are going to live." She had said that she had killed the former general for failing her, for know knowing about the passages. He thought he recgonized the man, well lycan. The security feed showed him and he regonized him as being apart of the special forces group responsible for the security of the building. He would not have had the clearance for the secret passages.

He was still not buying her explanations. She enjoyed being in power, having control over the lives of those in her tower. She had the power of life and death over them and she enjoyed that. It was her own words that told him much. I enjoy the way I dress, I enjoy seeing them squirm, I enjoy........ She had to prove herself and when she did, she relished the feeling and it had changed her into what she was. She didn't want to give it up. Nor did she really want to do anything to change it. She was just like the other vampire lords. Enjoying the good life at the expense of others.

Once he was at the ground floor he left the elevator. They had made their play for the moment and might try again. Putting his leather coat on, he covered his wounded shoulder and merged with the vampires on the street. If any was watching he would just have blended into the rest of them. He made his way down to the parking garage that was not apart of the towers but had ways into them from it. He had parked his bike there

Going to it's hidden location he picked up a few things from the saddlebags and then went to a locked room off the garage. In it was the power and security feed wires. Opening the lock was simple and then removing a pannel he had access to the security feed. He had a feeling that the vampire lords kept the security cameras in operation and monitored. He finally found the penthouse and saw the Old Boy himself. The cowardly one was brown nosing him, and in the shadows another man having his head bandaged.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:40 am

The general rode down with Nick in the elevator and took in his words with a small smile, "Yes I did."  He admitted, "Made for very interesting reading about you.  You had quite a distinguished career before your commanders screwed up and got your team killed."  He took a deep breath and considered the latter part of the hunter's statement. 

"Well yes, the Lady doesn't tolerate failure, especially when it comes to her welfare and this tower."  He continued, "The former general was only employed because he was supposed to have known everything about this building.  He had been part of the unit stationed here during the war and when he was turned, the Lady saw an opportunity in him.  His lie could have cost us all dearly, not just her, you know."  he looked at the man squarely, "You see, the main lords that are after her don't just take over the towers of their enemies, they destroy everything in them.  That includes the staff and slaves.  The general didn't just put her in danger, he put us all in the same boat.  When she killed him and promoted me, I made sure to learn everything I could so something like you would never happen again."  He began to slip into a reverie of sorts then.

"You know, when Lady Damascus first arrived, we were stunned with her.  She was so different from the other vampires, we weren't quite sure at first what to do with her.  We thought much like the vampires did about her blindness, but boy, were we wrong!  She never partook of us and she made demands on us.  It was quite refreshing to be honest, not like the other lords.  You see so many horrific things and hear worse from them, but not Whisper.  Hell, she's never so much as risen her voice at us, though somehow, I don't think she can, but that's not the point.  She doesn't need to yell at us, she simply asks."  The elevator finally reached the ground floor and the general stood aside as Nick left.  After that, he returned to his post, wondering just what the hell his employer was up to.

On the other side of the security feed, the old vampire sat in his throne like chair and kicked the lower vampire away from him, "I've given you everything you need to remove that blasted girl from the earth and yet you still seem unable to do so!"  He boomed, "How inept can one man truly be?!"
"It was the hunter that foiled our attack this time."  The lower vampire pleaded, "I don't know why he and Whisper are talking, my lord, but they seemed pretty close."
"The hunter is not important."  The Elder snapped, "Only she is.  She must be removed before I return formally, or my plans are destroyed."
"We've tried."  The lower said, "Every attempt has been foiled.  Her guards are too loyal and even her slaves can't be turned from her."
"There has to be some way of getting to her."  The Elder said.
"There may be one last option we haven't considered, my lord."  The lower said with hope.  "We could form an alliance with Whisper."
"How dare you!"  The Elder boomed, kicking his lower even more viciously than before, "Form an alliance with that abomination?  I'd rather see the dawn!"
"But, my lord."  The lower said, picking himself up yet again, "What other option do we have?  She's already turned her back on the other lords and they're all in a panic from what happened to Lucius.  They're already looking at each other as targets and the last thing you want, my lord, is to be looked at in the same way.  If we can bring Whisper on side, we might have a chance and after they've done killing each other, we can slowly be rid of Whisper and you can take your rightful place and Master Elder once again."
"And what about her agenda?"  The Elder asked, "Should I allow you to propose such a union, what then?  She's already made it clear the lords have nothing she would want."
"I will find what she desires most."  The lower said, "Just allow me the time to make my inquiries."

The Elder sat back on his throne and waved the lower away before looking at his companion in the shadows.  "He will fail me again."  He said quietly, "And we have run out of options.  Even you cannot reach her now.  What of her slave boy?"
"He's too loyal."  The shadowed figure said quietly, "And the human woman as well."
"There has to be something."  The Elder said, "Something that will leave her vulnerable."  He worked his jaw and sucked on his fangs before an idea struck him, "The dog."  He said, "What about the dog?"
"He's guarded just as closely as she is.  The only time he is out of her company is when he is walked during the day, but he has his own contingent for it.  One could perhaps make a shot at him, but it wold have to be at great distance and it won't be guaranteed to bring the dog down."
"Make it happen."  The Elder said, "While my servants makes his inquiries, learn the dog's route and the guards that take him."
"It will take me a couple of days."  The shadow told him, "What if she is warned in the meantime and changes his route unexpectedly?"
"Then we adjust."  The Elder said, "Make it happen and I will reward you even more handsomely.  That abomination will fall and by hook, or by crook, I will restore my honour through her demise.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:29 pm

He already knew what happened to those under a vampire lord when another lord takes over. A cleansing was done, all guards and slaves were exterminated to make way for the new Lord's loyal soldiers and slaves. That was of no concern of Nick. Yes she was saving their lives by surviving and eliminating her competition. But at the same time she was the one that had put them in danger in the first place.She knew the risks when she sought the power of a lord.

As he watched the video fieed and listened to the voices he definately did not like the old vampire. Harm a poor hound to get at Whisper. Not on his watch. He had taken a liking to the big hound. He had a soft spot for animals though no one knew that except Whisper. He was not going to that hound hurt. He would see to that. The voice from the man in the shadows, made him narrow his eyes. He knew that voice, the man behind it, a friend, a comrade in arms a member of Shadow. A low growl formed in his throat. Maj Larwence Stevens. He had been a very close friend. Why had he betrayed the team, betray him? It did not matter now, because he was going to die for it, and not a fast death, but slow and painful.

He already knew the route and time of the hounds walk. He would be ready. Leaving the underground garage he walked the route and found the site he would choose for the shot and the building it would come from. The next morning he set things up in the building and the room that would have to be used. Claymores with uV rounds attached hidden and withe a remote detenator. If he tried he would walk into a trap that would not kill him but make him wish he was dead. He then waited in another building, watching and waiting for him to show up.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:13 am

Three days passed and nothing happened.  Stevens studied the route carefully, even following them at one point out in the open.  Yes, he was a vampire, but unlike most, he had a special suit that allowed him to walk in the day unhindered.  Not unlike the protective gear a motorcyclist would wear, but this was much lighter with a lot more range of movement and the helmet was also smaller, lighter and with a wider visor, ingrained with UV filters to give him better peripheral vision.  He figured the best place would be from a building, but the only one that would give him the best shot had a problem.  He had found it when first entering the place.  His tech finder discovered a remote signal.  Always the paranoid soldier, he checked carefully and unseen, only to find the entire building had been tampered with.  He found claymores with UV contents.  The only other hunter he knew about that used these was Nicholas Night.  They had once been good friends, but the screw up with their commanders meant Nick was the only survivor.  Well, not the only actual survivor, but the only human-ish survivor.  Stevens had been infected and left for dead by Night and by the commanders.  For that, Nick deserved a fate worse than his, but seeing the claymores now, it made his mind up even further that he would hunt his old friend down and kill him.

The building was a bust, so Stevens had to improvise.  He could use a rear assault and take out most of the lycans protecting the vampire's dog, but there was a chance it could get away.  He could simply run past and shoot the dog, but that would leave the contingent of six on his back.  During his recon, he also discovered that several of the streets they walked still had working manhole covers.  He could come up from underneath, probably from behind, shoot the dog and then drop back into the old sewers.  The smell would mask him from the lycans and the thick iron cover would also protect him from Nick.  Stevens nodded and started scouting down below ground.  Her found what he was looking for and took up position.

The third day came and Stevens readied his rifle.  The silencer would ensure nothing was heard that could pinpoint him and he matched the colour carefully to the manhole cover and the asphalt.  The contingent walked past with the dog and he quickly strapped on a wad of foam to help balance the cover on his helmet and keep things quieter.  He lifted up and took aim quickly.  He fired as the dog turned his head slightly, striking the neck and then dropped down again as the dog yelped and hit the deck.  He didn't stick around for the chaos that ensued, knowing that the lycans would soon start looking down rather than up.

In her bedroom, Whisper was reading an old book while Demon was being walked.  The last days had been a rush to clean up the mess and repair what had been damaged.  The guards had been doubled all around her apartment and the rotations of the rest around the building had been altered.  She wasn't about to let someone else take a pot shot at her, but at least Demon hadn't been hurt.  Paranoia ruled for the time being and everything was checked, double checked and then triple checked.  Not a single inch of the tower had been left and event he secret tunnels were unsealed and checked thoroughly just in case, before being sealed back up again.  Also, the original steel shutters had been reinstated and would close in less than ten seconds, sealing off the apartment from the outside.  It was like one massive panic room.

Turning the pages of her book, she was unaware of what was about to happen.  The contingent for Demon had been increased from four to six, but the route remained the same.  Demon was not the target, she was and though her general had said it would be wise to change it if only slightly, she had refused, saying it was not needed.  The extra guards would protect him.  For the first time in more than fifty years, she had made a mistake.  As the shot was made, Whisper felt a sting in her neck and dropped her book as she sucked in her breath.  Her heart then skipped and she felt sick.  She felt his yelp in her head and a single tear fell down her cheek.  Demon had been shot!

Running for the nearest window, she swung the curtains open wide and stared out into the direction Demon usually took.  She saw two guards racing back in their lycan forms with her precious companion and screamed, though it sounded more akin to a soft sigh.  "Demon!"  The guards rushed into the building and Whisper raced for the elevator.  It didn't matter how many times she hit the button, she was forced to wait until it went down and then came back up again.  And when it finally arrived, she backed up and fell to her knees as her guards rushed out of the metal box.  Several more guards came to the wounded animal, but it was too late.  The bullet had gone right through Demon's throat.

Carefully, the lycans put him down and Whisper crawled to him as tears flooded down her cheeks.  She pulled him to her and he whined as he pawed at her.  "Oh Demon!"  She cried, unable to make more than a quiet whimper as she held him close.  His blood covered her, but she didn't care.  All the guards backed up, utterly distraught.  Whisper cried openly as she stroked down Demon's flank.  "What happened?"  She asked with a whimper.
The lead guard of Demon's contingent shook his head, "We don't know."  He admitted quietly, "One minute, Demon was sniffing at me, the next, he went down with a yelp.  It was silent.  I have the others finding out where the shot came from.  My Lady, I'm so sorry.  I don't understand how it could have happened.  We were watching everything, I swear.  all we saw were a few human slaves, nothing more."  Just then, the elevator's bell rang again and another of the contingent arrived breathless.  He quickly went to his commander, whispered something and then left again.  The commander ducked down, shifting his form to something more human again.  "My guards have found a burn mark next to a manhole cover in the street.  The assassin was hiding in the sewers.  They're going down to try and track him."
"Thank you."  Whisper whispered and hugged her dead companion.  "I want the rat's head in a platter.  Do not fail me, Commander." 
The commander nodded and looked to his general with slight confusion.  He was still alive.  "I will not fail you, Lady."  he said and quickly left.

The general ducked down and carefully picked Whisper up to stand.  She couldn't, so he scooped her into his arms and carefully carried her into the apartment.  Demon's body was taken away.  "I shall call for your slave."  He said quietly, "To run you a bath and settle you."
Whisper shook her head against his shoulder, "I should have listened to you."  She told him, "You warned me to change his route and I ignored your advice."
Though the general felt a small surge of pride at that, he kept it well buried and remained respectful, "You couldn't have known this would happen, my Lady."  He said quietly as he set her down in her comfy chair.  He went to the bell and pulled it.  "No-one could have predicted this."
"You did."  Whisper murmured.  "You knew he was at risk and I ignored you."  She opened her white eyes and stared just past him, "I should have listened to you."
The general came back quickly as the slave arrived and then rushed into the bathroom to draw a hot bath for his mistress.  "It doesn't matter."  The general said quietly and knelt in front of Whisper.  She turned her head to suit almost and blinked as more tears flowed, "The assassin will pay with his life, I assure you.  And I will find the one that hired him.  I will rip their heads off myself."

The bath was ready and Whisper was carried into it, washed down and carried back out again.  She didn't utter another word, only cried in silence.  She was put to bed and her slave stayed to watch over her, actually sitting on the bed in comfort and stroking her hair to help her sleep.  The general made himself busy checking Demon's body for any hint or information.  There was literally nothing to help.  The bullet had gone right through, so there was nothing to pull out and study.  He called for his commander as he covered Demon in his favourite blanket.  The commander arrived, still unsure as to why he was still alive.  "You called for me, General?"
The general nodded as he patted Demon's head before turning away, "I want you to walk the route again."  He said quietly, "That bullet had to end up somewhere.  I want it."
The commander nodded quickly, "Yes Sir."  He said, then turned to leave, but stopped, "Sir?"
The general looked at his commander carefully, "She is distraught, as expected.  I've had her slave put her to bed for the rest of the day.  She is not to be disturbed under any circumstance."
"Yes Sir, but..."  The commander took a deep breath, "I'm still alive."
The penny dropped and the general nodded, "This isn't your fault."  He said plainly, "She does not blame you or your contingent for his death.  No-one could have known this would happen, Commander.  Demon was as protected as he could have been."  He wouldn't say that she had admitted her mistake.  She would say when she was ready, though he doubted his guards would think any less of her, it wasn't his place.  The guard nodded again and made to leave, but the general had an idea.  "See if you can find me the hunter."  He said, "Nicholas Night."
"Yes Sir."  The commander said, "May I ask what for?"
The general looked down at Demon again, "Demon liked him and he liked Demon.  I think he would want to know, but also, I think he could be useful in helping find Demon's killer.  Hunters of this calibre are rare.  He might know who is responsible without you having to invade the other towers for the employer."
"Right away, Sir."  The commander said and quickly left.
The general returned his attention to Demon and patted him again on the head tenderly, "Sweet dreams, Demon.  I hope you catch all the rabbits.".......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 am

Nick waited and waited, He saw human slaves during the day and vampires at night but none seemed to enter the building. Then he saw one dressed in a suit and helmet. He knew this had to be a vampire moving in the day light. He was shielded from the sunlight. He seen the figure leave and he followed at a discreet distance all the way back to the Tower that the old vampire was in. He knew he should have taken the individual out. he wanted to make sure first.

On the third day however everything went wrong. The individual did not show up again and he heard a commotion down the street from where he expected the attempt would be made. He ran down to the site and found blood on the ground and in the distance the lycans running for the tower. He cursed out loud and ran to Whisper's tower. He had his way of moving that he got there just after they had and had to wait for the elevator to come back down before he could get in and go up. All to slow it seemed to him, but it was only a couple minutes, but it felt like forever.

By the time he got to the penthouse, Whisper had been taken to her bed chamber already. The lycans told him what happened and he shouldered his way to Demon. He looked the hound over and felt for a pulse and found a very, very weak one. "That's Right Demon, you fight to stay alive." he whispered. Then he said to the General, "Down below in the parking garage is my bike. In the saddle bags is an emergency kit. Get It NOW. He then applied pressure to the wound. His clothing was now covered in blood. Demon had lost a lot of blood but was alive, barely but he was. But he would be dead in a few minutes if he didn't stop the bleeding.

"Hang in there old boy. You are a scraper and can do it." he talked to the hound. When the emergency kit was brought up he quickly opened it, Pulled out a bag of saline solution and quickly got it going into the leg of Demon. Then he took out his flask of Jim Bean and poured some on the wound, and then on some insturments in a metal tray.to sterilize them. Then he took a syringe that was filled with a liquid and injected that directly into the hounds heart. "Adrenilin will help you now boy." He then proceeded to open the wound and found a nicked artery and began to repair it. One thing about Shadow Operatives, they were trained in every thing including emergency medical procedures.

Throwing a couple empty IV bags to the General, "I need blood." As he worked he told the general what to do. There was no lack f vouenteers. Lycans had the same type of blood as a hound. it was no longer human blood. When the first one was filled he again hooked it up to to Demon and got a flow of blood going back into him.

An hour later, after sewing up the wound and giving Demon a shot of antiboitics, the hound was breathing normally and his heart rate was up. Nick finally polished off the rest of the flask and sat on the floor his back against the wall. His hands and forearms were covered in blood as was his clothes, but demon was alive and would recover.

He knew that Whisper had taken it hard and was now resting in her bed chambers. "Don't disturber her right now. Let her rest. I will stay her and watch over Demon. You let me know first when you find the bastard that did this." With the help of one of the guards he took Demon into the living room of the penthouse and laid him on a couch. He took a tall floor lamp, removing the shade and hooked the Blood and IV on it He then waved all the guards out and sat there with Demon, petting his head and softly talking to him.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:03 pm

The general was as shocked as the rest of the guards when Nick not only stormed into the tower like he owned it, but then made such a sensational claim about Demon that the general just had to see it for himself.  It was confirmed.  Demon wasn't dead!  Well, that did it for the guards and the general himself was first in line to give his blood for the hound.  Every last lycan in the tower began praying for Demon to pull through and many lingered to watch Nick at work, taking mental notes for future reference.

Despite Nick's skills and his determination to save demon, the general had one major bone of contention with the hunter.  "She has to know."  He said plainly as he sent out more of his soldiers to join in the hunt for the assassin.  "You don't understand, Nick, Demon is pretty much her lifeblood.  If she continues to believe he is dead, it could kill her.  Perhaps not physically, but most certainly mentally.  He's her conscience, always has been for as long as I've known him.  The longer she believes he's dead, the worse she could be.  I need to inform her immediately."

((sorry it was so short, my mind went blank))
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Nick listened to the General and nodded. "Well you pick up the lamp and I will pick up Demon and we will take him to her." He got up from the couch and picked Demon up as the General picked up the lamp and carried it so that the blood flow and the IV would continue to flow. Demon was now breathing normally and Nick could feel a strong heart beat. The old hound was definately a fighter and wanted to live.

At the door Nick knocked and the slave opened the door and looked shocked as hell at the live form of Demon. He immediately swung the door open wide and let the two in. Nick saw Whisper on the bed and he actually felt sorry for her. She had almost lost the only thing she really cared for. He carried Demon over to the bed and looked down at her. "There is some one here to see you." he said and at that moment Demon whined a little as he put the hound down on the bed.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:51 am

Whisper had finally fallen asleep thanks to the soft touch and care of her slave, but the sharp knocking woke her with a start.  The slave also jumped, understanding that his mistress was not to be disturbed.  Whisper felt more tears come and wet her pillow again and as she felt her slave move, she turned her head slightly, "Send them away."  She whispered and she felt her slave touch her shoulder in agreement as he slid off the bed.  He opened the door and was about to tell them to go away when he spotted Demon and he almost fell back as he swung it open wide.

The room flooded with Demon's scent and the smell of his blood, but also the scent of her general and that of Nick.  "Come to torment me then."  Whisper said icily as she turned over, "Come to gloat now that my only companion is dead."  She got no response at first, but she heard them come to her.  Someone was there to see her.  She didn't understand, thinking that Nick had brought Demon's body in to torture her.  That all changed when she felt the hound's weight on the bed and heard him whine.  "Demon?"  Her companion whined again and Whisper felt a sudden rush of something that caught her breath in her throat, "Demon!"

It took only an instant for her to turn right over and go straight to him.  Demon yipped and whined as Whisper buried her face in his fur.  He still reeked of his spilled blood and that of her lycans, several of them.  They had offered their blood for him!  Whisper felt another surge, but this was of pride in her guards.  They and Nick had saved Demon's life.  Eventually, Demon managed to turn his head down and he began licking at Whisper's face and neck, happy to see her, but also to comfort her and let her know that he wasn't leaving her.  Whisper cried anew and held her companion close, never wanting to be away from him again.

The general stepped forward and bowed his head to Whisper, "Lady."  He said quietly, "Nick arrived shortly after Demon was brought back upstairs.  He found a weak pulse.  Had it not been for him, Demon would truly have died."
Whisper moved her head away from Demon's, but kept a firm hold on his fur.  She nodded as she wiped her tears away, "Thank you."  She offered quietly, "I was wrong about you.  I was wrong about everything.  I ask your forgiveness, Nicholas."  The slave still near the door blinked in utter shock, but said nothing.  Only his rapid heartbeat gave him away.  "What I owe you, I could never pay in full."  She continued to Nick, "But know that you will always be made welcome here.  As a friend, a saviour.  I humbly offer you my home and my friendship in gratitude and I ask only one thing.  I ask that you help me find the one that did this.  My guards are already searching for the assassin, but I want the one that ordered this.  Being so close, you must have seen something, or heard something that can help us find this evil person.  I beg of your help, Captain."  Her head dropped down once more into Demon's scruff and she curled up tight against him, being careful not to disturb the needles still keeping him alive for the moment.

The general, also quite in shock at Whisper's humility and gratitude, cleared his throat and turned to Nick.  "Whatever you need, wherever you need it, I will personally see it done."  He said, "My Lycans are yours, as am I."  He looked down at Whisper again for another moment before returning his eyes to Nick, wondering what he was making of this......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:39 am

Nick stood there as Whisper awoke and began to lash out at him with words, until she finally realized Demon was not dead. Her tears fell as she realized he was alive and she hugged the hound, cuddling around it. Demon licked her showing his affection for her When Nick placed a hand on his head and scratched behind his ears, he licked his hand. Nick smiled knowing that Demon accepted him as a friend.

The General explained everything to her on what he had done and how he had saved Demon's life. He knew she was genuinely grateful and her offer genuine. When asked to help find the bastard that shot Demon he said. "I already know who it is and where he is. The only problem is getting to him. Remember the old Vampire I told you about, he works for him, and I would say the old vampire was the one that ordered it."

They would now be on high alert for an assault or even an attack by Nick or even Whisper. Now would have been the time that it would have been good to have some of the other lords on her side. He was sure that even though they thought Demon was dead and probably celebrating Whisper's discomfort, they would not be lax on their defense of the tower.

When the General told him that he and his lycans were at his disposal when ever he needed them, he nodded and said. "I may need them and you." he again petted Demon and said to him, "You be a good boy and stay put till you are stronger." To Whisper he said, "There is more blood in the other room for him. He will need a couple more probably. The IV will last for a while and should be enough to see him through. Once the blood and IV are empty they can be removed and he should be fine, just weak till he heals up some."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:01 am

"I want his name."  Whisper said quietly as she moved Demon slightly to take him away from the edge of the bed.  The drips, she couldn't much about, but her slave was quick to step in and he lowered his head, and she nodded back at him.  Demon licked at the slave and Whisper carefully moved from the bed.  She looked a hellish mess and she knew she did, but that wasn't the most important thing on her mind.  "I can get to any lord in Gotham, no matter the time, the security or the tower.  I want to come with you, Nicholas, I want to see that bottom feeder realise what he's done to my companion."  Well, not see per say, but she figured he'd know what she meant by it. 
The general blinked a few times and then quickly shook his head, "Lady, no."  He said, "It is far too dangerous for you now out there."
"I don't care."  Whisper returned sharply, "That monstrosity nearly took my only companion, my friend.  I won't sit back and let him get away with this."
"Or."  The general offered, "You could let him think Demon is dead.  That way, he would know you're weak."
"I am not weak!"  Whisper snapped, not picking up on the hint at all.
"That's not what I said, my Lady."  The general said carefully, "Think carefully on it and you'll know what I mean."
Whisper did so and lifted a finely plucked eyebrow, "Let him think he has won.  His own arrogance will demand he gloats about it and lords it over me.  Thank you General for reminding me of my senses."
The general bowed his head somewhat, "You are most welcome, my Lady."  He said.
"This Lord obviously knows Demon is my weakness, he's my eyes and my balance.  Without him, he knows I would be vulnerable."
"Precisely, Lady."  The general said, but then looked to Nick.  "Perhaps Lady, if I may?"
"Go on."
"This Lord obviously has access to the tower nearest us.  Perhaps a show of this weakness might encourage that arrogance a little."
Whisper lifted that eyebrow, "General, that is most shrewd of you."  She told him.
"Thank you, My Lady."  He said with genuine honour, "Everything I know, I've learned from you."
"How long until dusk?"
"About two hours."  The general said and then turned fully to Nick, "Would you care to join us for then?"  He asked......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:59 pm

"Major Stevens was his name. He was a part of the Shadow Unit. I thought he died that night my team had been killed. I saw him get caught in an explosion. Later after I managed to blow the bunker the Head Vampire Lord was in, his body was recovered. It was severely burned and we identified him by his ID Tags. But evidently it had not been him. He must have been the leak that tipped off the Enemy and had enabled the trap to be sprung on us. Him being here and this long after he would have died of normal aging, I would say he was turned for his betrayal and is now in league with the old vampire."

He looked at himself. He was covered in blood, even his leather coat was covered in it. "Got any decent clothes around. These will need to be trashed." The request was given to one of the guards that rushed out to gather up suitable clothing. "I think I will also need a bath. I reek of blood and that would not be a good thing.

At the other tower the old vampire smirked as the news of the hounds demise was relayed to him. "The bitch is now with out her hound and will be crying her eyes out over its death. She will now be weak and vunerable for what must come next. Before she can recover she will be dead and I will begin dominating the so called Lords. This city will be mine to rule and when I am done we will seek out any other city and bring it under my control."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:06 am

Both Whisper and the general lifted an eyebrow at the name.  "There was no mention of that name in the files."  Whisper said with suspicion, "No mention anywhere at all."
"I found nothing about a Major Stevens."  The general confirmed, "And I searched every unit, every drawer and box.  There's no mention of his name in any campaign, or even a subnote."

Nick then mentioned a bath and clean clothes and the general quickly sent one of his commanders to go find the hunter something decent and comfortable.  "Do you wish me to send in a slave to help clean you up?"  He asked, but instead of hearing nick answer, Whisper did.
"I will help him."  She offered quietly, "After all you have done for me, Nicholas, I can at least do this.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 am

Now that could not be. No record of Stevens. They had been on a number of missions together, and he himself had written reports that included Stevens. If there was no record of him, some one went through a lot of trouble to iradicate his record and anything to dow with Shadow. Stevens could not have done it, only those with access to the records and all the reports would have been able to delete everything. That ment some one at the top. But why would they have done that. What would be the reason to make it seem he never existed. It just did not make sense. "Well I can tell you that he does exist no matter what the records show. He served with me and was on a number of missions with me. Some one went through a lot of trouble to erase him from all the records and reports.

When Whisper said she would help him with the bath he raised a borw. But she would not be able to see him so it didn't seem like he should refuse. The bath water was ran and the slave came in to inform them of it and he went in and stripped out of the bloody clothes. His muscular body was scared with a number of small scars from various wounds he had received during the war, and other wars he had fought in.

He entered the hot water and took in a deep breath as the heat began to seep into his body. The blood soon began to desolve in the water and turn it a redish color. There were oils and scented soaps but those he didn't want. He just used some regular soap and a wash cloth to begin cleaning himself.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:58 am

The general nodded, "I believe you."  he said and looked to Whisper briefly before continuing, "I'll dig deeper and see what I can find, Lady.  Whatever I find, I'll record for you immediately."
"Thank you, General."  Whisper said quietly and then waved him away as her female slave came through and told them a bath had been readied for Nick.  She nodded and got to her feet as the slave came to Demon to watch over him.

Nick's nakedness meant literally nothing to Whisper as she entered the bathroom.  She gathered up his soiled clothes and went to the far wall.  She opened a small hatch and dropped the clothes down the chute.  It ended in a laundry room a few floors down where general cleaning was done.  Whatever her slaves down there did with Nick's old clothes, she didn't care.  Fresh ones had been laid out for him and would last him a long time. 

She smiled softly as he inhaled deeply in the bath and made her way to it.  She gathered up some regular soap and a few towels and set the towels on a nearby chair, then the soap on the side of the path.  "Would you tell me about her?"  She asked in whisper as she handed him the soap.  Her eyes stared right past him, but it still looked as though she was meeting his gaze....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Nick watched her as she moved about gathering some things and placing them near the sunken tub. She knew where everything was and there was no misstep in her movements. It was as if she could see where she was going. When she came to the side of the tub she asked him to the her of Serenity. She didn't mention her by name but he knew exactly who she meant.

It seemed not only did the general find his file and information on him, but had found other documents that pertained to Serenity and him. He stopped what he was doing. The hurt and pain filled him as he thought of her. There had been no other woman like her back then. He had not had a real relationship with anyone, not since he found out he was not aging and healed much faster then anyone else. He had realized that he would outlive anyone he tried to get close to and that would not be fair to them or to him.

Through the civil war and the first world war and second world war he only took the occasional lover, one that was not intrested in a long term relationship. But when he met Serenity, all that changed. He could not help but fall in love with her. He knew it was wrong but knew in his heart that she was the one for him.

He looked up at Whisper. She was much like Serenity in some ways but not in others. Every muscle in his body had tensed when she asked her question and he was quiet for a few moments. He took another deep breath and tried to talk without his voice breaking. "She was some one that completed my life. She was like you in some ways, Blind but she her other senses were heightened that it seemed she could actually see others. She told me once that sounds made vibrations in the air and she could see images. She never let her blindness get in her way.

She told me that growing up people were amazed at what she could do and the military saw her blindness not as a weakness but a strength and they utilized her talents. We loved each other deeply and she knew about my so called immortality, but did not care. She said she would take what she could get and it would be enough. That all ended that night, that mission. She died in my arms and since then....." he just let it stop there.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:24 am

Whisper turned her head slightly as she heard the water around him move.  He was tensing up.  Clearly, his former lover was still a very delicate nerve with him and she understood.  "The betrayal of your commanders and your once friend cuts deeper than they can imagine."  She whispered as she sat on the floor gracefully and folded her ankles under her knees.  She rested her arms on her knees then with the soap still in her hand.  "I can sometimes see the vibrations from noise around me, but generally, it's not something I pay much attention to anymore.  The information from it is biased and flawed much of the time, but in conjunction with my other senses, I can build a general picture of what is around me without having to learn it."

Putting the soap bar carefully on the edge of the bath, she cocked her head to one side, "Your lover was lucky."  She offered after some time, "The ability of humans to see such potential in a disability like this, is something I've always been jealous of.  Vampires seek only perfection.  Anything they consider less than that, is cast aside or removed regardless of actual skill.  Hence the reason you will never see a Vampire that is not beautiful, or unable to do something anyone else can.  The pure ones are the worst.  Not only is the imperfect offspring cast aside or destroyed, the one that created it is also shamed.  My mother was made a pariah for having me.  She spent the rest of her days locked, should her shame infect others and I was resigned to a life of ridicule and humiliation."  She offered a small, empty snort of laughter.  "Only my father escaped the shame, but then, when I was born, such things were never the man's fault." 

She sighed softly and let her head drop down slightly as she stared over Nick's shoulder.  "Knowing that your lover was treated differently makes me happy and perhaps knowing of me what you do now helps you understand somewhat my hatred of Vampires.  I said in the beginning, I didn't want their power or control.  I wanted nothing to do with them, any of them.  Yes, I have taken one of their towers and yes, I live a life of luxury by comparison, but I am not like them, Nicholas. I am an affront to everything they believe and know and it disturbs them.  I won't deny that I enjoy their discomfort and when that leads them to attempt my life, I will fight back and destroy them.  Perhaps eventually, I may be the only pure blood left, and if that happens, then so be it.  I have no intention to rule this city, nor the people.  I would be happy to sit back in my tower and let them get on with life."

Whisper had a reason to tell Nick all this, but she kept it close to her.  Every word she said was true, but she had dumbed down the enjoyment she felt at the other lords in their demise.  She had a plan to remove every last one of them and she would enjoy every step of it.  Every last Vampire that had ridiculed her for her blindness, that had humiliated her and hurt her, would fall and she would be there to put that last nail in their coffin.  This war was personal and she would have her vengeance, one way or another......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Nick closed his eyes as he had been talking and finally washed the blood from his body and slowly emerged from the tub.  He listened to what Whisper was saying.  He could understand her hate for the other Vampire Lords but not why she had waited if she wanted to destroy them.  She had already shown she could get at them by killing the one vampire lord.  Why did she not just kill them all?  He still felt that she enjoyed seeing their discomfort and fear.  That was something Serenity would never have done.  Yes Serenity hated some of those they went after, the drug lords, sadistic dictators and the like and then the Vampires when they emerged, killing inocent women and chidren.  But she did not make them suffer, nor did she enjoy killing them.  It was necessary and  saved countless lives.  She put herself at risk to save people and wanted just to help make a better world.  A heart of gold.

The pureblood vampires may want perfection and think Whisper was inferior, that should not have made a differnce.  It was their misfortune not to see the potential and have welcomed her.  But that did not mean she should have just continued to just enjoy making them suffer.  End the misery of so many, help build a new world. Perhaps making a city where human, lycan and vampire could co exist. No she was not Serenity.

"Then you should have just ended their lives as you did the one.  You have the means to do it so it seems.  This city would probably have been better off if you had gotten rid of them long ago.  Then they would have known before they died how wrong they were."  He knew that was probably not what she wanted to hear, but it had to have been said.  

If he had the knowledge of all the weak points of the vampire lords, he would have done it himself long ago.  But each time one wanted another killed, he got the intel to do the job, but the one that took over, though weaker, changed things around which made it impossible for him to use the same means.  He was slowly doing it though atrition though.  There were less and less pure bloods, and the lords were not as powerful as they once were, except for a very few now.

"I guess that does not matter though.  The old vampire probably from the war, is an evil that must be dealt with.  I will help you with that.  After that I don't know."  he dried himself off and dressed in the new clothes.  A bit more richer then he was use to.  Even a new medium length, leather coat.  Putting on his shoulder holster, he put the coat over it.  "I expect an attack on the tower here shortly after the sun goes down.  We must prepare, making him think that everything here is in confusion, and lure him and his men in."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:31 am

Whisper remained where she was on the floor as Nick bathed and then dressed.  She listened carefully to him, and his words did make sense, but she had other ideas.  "So you would prefer open warfare on the streets of Gotham?"  She asked, "And what would be the point of that exactly?"  She got to her feet and turned around to face him.  Slowly, she moved to him until she was stood within reach and then looked up.  She reached up and straightened his collar somewhat before smoothing down the front of it.  Her touch was soft and quite tender.  She was learning his physique.

"What I did to Lucius was in retaliation."  She explained, "Every attack I've made on the other lords has been so and they understood perfectly how wrong they were before I killed them.  Were I to make an open attack on all of them, it would be open warfare, like I said before.  That would cost far more lives than is necessary and I am not willing to put the city through that a second time.  I am not willing to put my home and staff at risk like that.  Yes, I know they would fight for me and they would probably die for me, but what good would that serve in the long run?"  She sighed and removed her hands from him.  "No-one would benefit from such mindless carnage, least of all those who would die.  And the lords would simply replenish their ranks with more humans.  That would narrow the population even further and it would not stop until every last human, lycan and vampire was dead.  What I do is much more subtle, Nicholas, and far less bloody.  While they are busy planning my demise, they are leaving the rest of the population alone and when I retaliate against them, I only kill them, not their people.  Their people are then free to make their own choices and generally, from what I hear, they re-join their families and get back to the lives they once had.  Is that not a far better way to deal with the lords."

Moving away from him completely, Whisper went into the main room again and smiled as she went to Demon.  He was sleeping comfortably and her slave was taking good care of him.  "We don't need to lure this old lord in."  She told him, "His own arrogance will lead him here to gloat over me.  He already thinks I'm weakened by Demon's death and he won't be able to resist.  No doubt he will bring his assassin with him.  He will walk into this tower and my guards will let him.  I will instruct them to do so and I will meet the old vampire on my ground.  If my thoughts are correct, he will arrive precisely one hour after dusk and he will wear the robes of the old guard."  She turned to face him again, "If indeed you still wish to help me, then I ask you do nothing until I have spoken with him."  She smiled and then went to Demon.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:19 am

Merlin was military, he had been through every war from the civil war until the present. He knew that there would be casulties and that one would lose those that they love or have attachments to. He had learned that the hard way himself, in all of the wars. You could not help make friends and have a comradery with the men you fight next to. It was always hard seeing them die but in war there was always death. But in the end if you won, then their deaths were not in vain and you honored them by making sure that what you fought for stayed in place.

She didn't want power, or so she had said. Just wanted to be left alone in her tower to do as she pleased. Well in order to do that she had to bring the other lords under her control and the only way to do that was by engaging them in warfare. Some of the lords had lycans that had been in the military but most had been only foot soldiers not leaders, not those that planned. Whisper was lucky to have one that had some experience in that, and now she had him to help if she would take it and do as he suggested. The General and his men were behind him. The General had given him and his men over to him it seemed.

He had planned assults on various targets in the past. With Shadow, he had brought his team home again and again with out loss of life, until that one mission. He was convinced now that the betray was for the entire unit to be wiped out. Stevens would pay for that dearly. He would make sure he suffered greatly for it before he died.

Nick shook his head as she spoke, "I will help you the best I can, but you have to do something as well." he told her, "You have to change your attitude towards things, and the way you live yours." he paused a moment before going on. 'You say you care about those in your tower, you don't want them to die or get hurt, yet you control them by fear, fear of dieing horrably if they fail you and the slightest way. You say that you hate the other lords because they look at you as not being perfect, yet you look upon them in the same way, because you consider yourself superior to them. You want to control others, make others feel inferior, and enjoying doing it.

Look at me, I am better then the humans yet I consider my self one of them, not better or worse. Most would consider me a freak or one like you vampires, but I did not let that stop me from helping them, protecting them from those that cared little for other's lives. I know with my longevety, strength, healing ability, and other abilities I could have probably taken over some little country and ruled and controled people like you do, but I didn't. Though if I had it would not have been like it is here in this city. I would have given my all to seeing to the welfare of all those under my rule. You chose to become a lord in this city, you could have simply walked away and chose another path but you didn't. You became a lord and even if you have compassion for those here in the tower, you are still like them in many ways. Today I have seen a diffent side of you, one that could be so much better then the one you have lived all these years. Open your heart to your people, let them see you are not like the other Lords and are truely better then they are. Open your heart to the vampires and humans of this city, to show them that you can lead them to a better life, one with out fear of hunted or killed." again it was probably something she did not want to hear and might take offence at, but it had to be said and hopefully she would see that he meant no malis towards her.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:27 am

Whisper began to feel her anger burn inside as yet again, he compared her to the other lords.  She had prided herself for so long on being anything but like them and it infuriated her that he could not see that.  She had shown him compassion and kindness when she should have by rights, killed him on sight.  She turned her back on him as he continued to speak, balling her hands into tight fists as he kept talking.  Her heart quickened as did her breathing and she battled to keep her mind in order as he all but insulted her every living moment.  Her lips turned into a snarl and she growled deep in her throat.  This man, this hunter, immortal or not, had no right to say what he did to her and were she truly like the other lords, she should have killed him for saying such things.  But she was not like the other lords.  She refused to be so.

After his tirade finally finished, she turned back to face him, but her anger was clear in her face and in her manner.  Her hands remained as tight fists, her nails digging into her palms and drawing blood.  "How dare you."  She said quietly, her voice oddly calm against her furious demeanour.  "I have never controlled those under my employ with fear.  They come to me knowing what I pay them for and if they fail in that to such an extent that it puts me and mine in danger, then yes, I will kill them.  You dare to compare me to the other lords in this way, yet you know absolutely nothing of the context in which I do what I do.  Oh yes, I very much hate the lords for the way they consider me, but I do not and never will look upon them in that way.  Were I even a fraction of what they are, I should rip you to pieces for speaking to me in such a way.  It is they that make me superior to them, Nicholas Night.  It is their arrogance that ensures they fail against my success.  For two hundred and thirty years, I have been forced to live with their disgusting attitude towards me and I have never once attacked them for it.  I have bided my time and I have waited.  Why should I not enjoy my success in the midst of their ignorance and violence?  Why should I not enjoy what I have worked so very hard to gain?  Why should I treat them with respect when it benefits only them and not those around them?"

Moving slightly towards him, she trembled with her anger, but for the moment, she still kept it in check.  "I do not control what happens outside my own home and I don't want to.  I wish only to be left alone and to do as I wish without the constant interference from the others.  I wish only to be respected for what I have achieved.  Gotham is not my city, nor are the people my subjects.  I am not some queen that parades her power around like she deserves it and I am no lord.  If the path I chose doesn't suit others, that is their problem, Nicholas, not mine.  Had they been the one to choose, I would have been left to rot in some dark corner with my mother, or killed with her simply for existing.  I chose to be different.  I chose to live and fight back and I will keep doing that until they leave me the hell alone!"  The shout was merely above her usual volume, but the intent behind it was clear.

"Do I want to see peace in Gotham?  Of course I do, but not at the expense of seeing those leaches sit at the top of it."  She continued, "Would I have left if I could?  Absolutely, I would, but where would I go?  You think I could be better than I already am, but I am what I am.  I have compassion for those that have earned my trust and my friendship and I care deeply for every last one of them.  My heart is for those who share theirs with me, Nicholas, not for the vampires that would rather see me dead than consider me an equal.  And even now, despite everything I have shown you, you still don't see.  Had I the eyes, perhaps you wold view me differently, but I can assure you, being this way, I see far more than you ever could.  You see the faces, the shown emotion of those around you.  I see what lies beneath all that.  I see what truly lies in their ever lasting soul and that is why they will never succeed."

Shaking her head, Whisper turned away from him again and went to the covered window.  She stood facing it, as though looking out.  She could of course, open the window without any fuss at all, but that was her most closely held secret.  No other vampire, pureblood or turned, could ever survive in daylight and she liked it that way.  Letting her head drop down again, she closed her eyes tightly and forced herself to relax once more.  "Never before has someone spoken to me as you do."  She whispered, "And never before have I allowed someone so close.  You have a nature about you that sees through people in a way that reveals their true selves, but you are wrong about me, Nicholas.  I have kept myself guarded for good reason.  What you saw today, you should never have seen.  I should never have let you.  Every night, I have to prove myself, prove my worth, and against the odds, I managed to succeed.  The people of Gotham already know where I stand with the other lords and they respect me for it, but they don't know me either.  They don't know what I had to go through to get where I am and they take it for granted that I will simply give them what they want.  I am not the one to lead them into some bright future where mortals and immortals can live in peace.  The lords that I have removed, their people flock to me and I have nothing to give them.  I cannot trust them, nor can my staff.  And what kind of person would I be to take them into my employ so recklessly and make them start from the ground up again?  Who is to say that they would not simply turn on me should a better offer come along?  Such mistrust and unknown danger would surely destroy everyone I hold dear.  I am not willing to make such a mistake.  I have already made far too many in my life and despite what you say, I cannot lead these people, nor this city.  It is not, nor has it ever been my place to do so."...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next