The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gods' Wrath

Go down

The Gods' Wrath Empty The Gods' Wrath

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:15 pm

The Gods' Wrath 31de7d77-35db-413a-886d-fbce5ade885c_zps015ec452 (Ignore the wings it’s for her original profile. I am editing it for this one.)
Eden walks through the hot desert sand carrying offerings to each god’s temple as she is required to do every day. She enjoyed her job as a priestess of the gods but sometimes it just irritated her. The sound of talking merchants could be heard as she walked by people. They were whispering about how she saved her father with a drop of her blood and how she may be a god in disguise. Her father was dying. She had to do something. She rolls her eyes in irritation and continues her duties. She finishes her duties when night falls and brushes out her hair to calm down.

Meanwhile she was being watched closely by the gods. Aten king of the gods has all the gods gather. He says to them, “The humans are beginning to doubt our power because of this human.” Geb the god of the earth says, “She serves us without question. We have no reason to worry about her.” Nut goddess of the sky shakes her head, “Geb we have not been getting very many prayers since that child’s birth. We must end her.” The other holler in agreement. Aten looks at Seth god of chaos and asks, “Can you send someone to dispose of her?” Seth smiles blood showing in his teeth from a recent human sacrifice, “Gladly and then I can feast on her soul.”

Eden gets up the next day having no idea she has been targeted. She goes to one of the darker god’s temple and pays her respect.

Back to top Go down

The Gods' Wrath Empty Re: The Gods' Wrath

Post by Dave Strider Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:38 pm

Karkat flinched as a powerful presence overcame him. The words to kill were all he could hear. The words to bring a soul to the gods was the only thing pounding on the sides of his head. And he would not argue. He owed the gods his life and would gladly do anything for them. Kill someone though… that was not something he had ever done before. Walking to his bed he knelt down and pulled two sharply curved scythes out from beneath it. He gripped them tightly in one hand and let out a shaky sigh.

With a thin cloak wrapped around most of his body he made his way to the city where the shrines this girl went to were. As buildings began to loom in the distant he could feel his heart beat quicken and his fingers tighten around his weapon. Maybe he would stop and pray. It didn’t take him long to find the shrine of his patron god. The god of vigilante justice, Kankri, the Sufferer. This was the god he was born under. This was the god he understood the most even if it was one of the only ones who didn’t speak to him.

He wasn’t sure where exactly to start his search after he was finally comfortable with himself. So he wandered. Knowing only that she would probably be in a temple that was where he started. Asking the people he found and moving from temple to temple, sure that in one of them he would find his target.
Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-06-13

http://alterego.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Eden had no idea that she was being targeted by an assassin chosen by the gods themselves. She was doing everything she could to please the gods. It was not her fault that the people saw her as someone gifted by the gods. She was at the temple of the god of vigilante justice, Kankri. She says to the great statue of the god, "I hope you bring justice to the kingdom of the Pharaoh. There has been a large increase in crime among people. Hopefully you can help inspire the king to come up with a solution to the problem." Eden placed the offerings at the altar before leaving again. She had many things to do today. She stopped at the entrance. Her whole body was tense with fear as she did not seem to feel right. Every instinct was telling her to run. She considers her duties done for the day and goes into her next duty among the people. She starts healing the sick and the wounded from the previous wars they had a year ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Karkat wouldn’t admit it out loud. He was even hesitant to admit it to himself but he was incredibly thankful he hadn’t found the person he was supposed to kill. Instead acting out of hunger he headed into a marketplace. Having gold was a new concept to him, but he wouldn’t complain about a full stomach. Buying some fruit to feed his hunger he went for a walk around the houses. Seeing what life was like here. A lot of it looked destroyed. People looked sickly. It made Karkat feel incredibly on edge. He didn’t know much about the situation outside of his own home so this was all incredibly foreign to him. He had been through this sort of poverty before but it had been a long time since he had seen it. It triggered memories in him he thought he had gotten rid of. Finding a shaded spot he sat down and put his head in his hands. Maybe it was best if he went home. He didn’t mind taking whatever punishment the God’s had to offer. It wasn’t like they didn’t have other people they could make do this.
Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Eden tensed up again as she felt the presence of whatever was coming after her. She was giving water and food to those who could not afford it. Along with healing the wounded and the sick. She saw a man sitting under the shade holding his head in his hands. He looked rather dirty to her. Maybe he was another man trapped in poverty because of the war or any other uncontrolled effective. She slowly walk to him and places fresh fruit and water at his feet. She says, "Things will get better for us all my friend. Maybe these simple things ease your burden." Then she walked away and went to some children that needed some care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Karkat froze completely as someone stopped in front of him placing something by his feet. He looked through his fingers at the fruit and water and the pair of feet padding away from him. He lifted his head and felt his jaw clench tightly. He watched for a moment as the woman made her way to a couple of kids, the eldest of which couldn’t have been more than thirteen, and started offering help. This was the person he was tasked to kill? He sat there and stared for a few long moments. As he watched his brows showed his confusion clearly. He could see nothing wrong here. Maybe there was a misunderstanding. Nonetheless he was not about to kill anyone without knowing a reason himself.

He stood and picked up the fruit and water she had placed by him. Walking up he handed the items to the eldest kid she was attending to and gave him a quick nod. “What happened here?” he asked turning his head towards his target. “Why is everything such shit?” Being able to see his face it was obvious that he wasn’t a needy person. Compared to the thin, hungry, colourless faces around them he looked great. There was colour in his face, there was roundness to his cheeks, and there was very little dirt to be found on his skin or in his hair.
Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Eden was healing the boy of very very high fever. There was a glow coming from her hand but once she was done, he did not seem as pale as before. She allowed the little boy to help her by giving those who needed it food and water after making sure that the two of them had enough food and water to help themselves. When the man suddenly was beside her and asking questions, she tells him, "About a year ago the neighboring King tried to invade our country. What you see before you is the aftermath of the war. Our king has done nothing to help our people regroup from the battle. So I am out here every day helping everyone I can after I get the daily tributes done. As you can see I can not do very much for them. But at least I'm trying."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Karkat had seen people with concentrated powers like hers before. But it always made him shiver. It was almost as though they were closer to God than human. That was probably why they were more closely watched by the Gods’… This was definitely the woman that the wanted him to kill. But… she wasn’t doing anything wrong. Were they threatened?

He nodded slowly and looked around at the sad and hungry faces. “I know what war’s like. Uh…” He paused not sure what the hell he should do right now. He… , he didn’t want to disobey his orders, but maybe it was a good idea to just sleep on it. “Do -… do you know anywhere around here I can pay for a place to sleep…?” He asked. Hoping she wouldn’t ask him any questions he kept a cool expression on at all times.

((I'm not home most weekends so replies will be slow then. But during the week I should be more active.))

Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Eden looks at him a moment and says, "The inn burnt down during the war. The only place that has any room is not really open to the public." She thinks a moment and says to him, "The abandoned temple of Sheku. I have been working on to turn it into a inn. It's pretty much done. You can stay there if you want. Many of the people sleep there. I don't need anything from you to let you stay there. I just request that you are polite to the other guests." She jumps as the kids start fighting. She quickly breaks it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:59 pm

http://forbiddenforest.forumotion.com/
Join this site. Ravenna 3arc got tired of not being heard here and started his own site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Karkat didn’t speak for a little bit, taking in what this young woman had just said. He hadn’t wanted some time away from her. To look to the gods for what he should do next. But he did not want to look for a place in the area. “Could you lead me there? I’ll even help out the best I can…” He felt his body sag a little it had been a long day. This was the exact opposite of what he was expecting from this godly errand.
Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum