The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven) Empty The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven)

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:00 pm

I have the dream every full moon...
Krosh, A man dressed in 14th century clothes, complete with a rapier on his hip, is standing a few yards back from a cliff overlooking the ocean below. It is the dead of night and the man looks around and spots someone standing right on the very edge of the cliff, the perosn is dressed in a black and purple robe with a hood over his head.

Krosh: What do you want?

Krosh asks in disgust.

The robed man turns his head slightly in Krosh's direction.

And then he speaks, his voice makes me want to vomit...I wonder to myself why I even commited him to my memory in the first place...

"Did you think I had forgotten about our deal Krosh? Did you think I had let you off the hook?"

Krosh: What is this deal you always speak of?

Suddenly Krosh clutches his head, scattered and fuzzy images start running through his head faster than he can comprehend them. The robed man turns fully around now and watches Krosh struggle. The robed man's skin is scaly and green, his head is overly round, as if he weren't a man at all, but a creature such an an orge or an orc.

"You have corrupted your creed Krosh...and in doing so you have corrupted your very being...soon your curse will be irreversible..."

Then I wake up.

Krosh bolts up in his bed, not a sound in the room but his breathing, he walks over to the mirror in his closest and staring back is the image of a werewolve.

That's right...only in my dreams am I the man I used to be...I was born in 1455...I was a captain of a ship...we made port on an unknown landmass and something went wrong...to this day I can't remember what happened...but I was turned into an immortal werewolve by the person in my dream...I can't recall what I did to get my curse, or how to remove it, I only know there is a time limit...and after a certian point I will have to remain a cursed man dog for the rest of my days. That's why I joined the Runner's World Carnival...they were a group of outcasts and exiles...people more like me than the rest of the world. I joined them because I thought that maybe they could offer an answer to this riddle, to my curse. I quickly found out however, that once you join the Canrnival you cannot leave...and so I am a prisoner here, I do not let on that I dislike my being here, to keep them happy for the time being. I'm Almost 600 years old now...I've been with the carnival 175 years...my oh my how the years go by.

After staring at himself in the mirror, Krosh opens his room door and starts to walk around. Krosh's room is in the beast's tent back hallway, He was not put in the beast's tent, but he volunteered himself because he felt he'd be better off with his own kind. As Krosh wanders around the dark silent tent he comes to the exit and walks through, gazing at the new city they had arrived in not long ago.

Every new place we go...I hope to find something new...some new memory or some answer to a question...but it never comes...maybe this city will be different...but I doubt it.

Two figures were coming towards the carnival grounds now, with his animal vision Krosh could make out who they were, It was the twins, the leaders of the carnival, Blade and Dahlia Runner.

Krosh: So, did everything go smoothly?

He asks in his raspy wolven voice as they come closer.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Male Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven) Empty Re: The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven)

Post by LadyRaven Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Prologue -

Long ago, the Carnival meant something. It brought mystery and intrigue to the masses and so once a year, the townships and cities were treated to the oddities of the globe. Psychics, freaks, harlots, dancers and acrobats. A penny could buy you a ride on the Ferris wheel, a stick of spun sugar perhaps. Or maybe a wander through the strange hall of mirrors. A nickel could get you a peek at the Bearded Lady, the Wolf man. And for the adult crowd, a dollar could buy you half an hour with one of the dancers. Anything was possible in the Carnival. Shock, amazed or simply disgusted, the people would come from miles around and the Carnival would flourish. An unending tradition that was respected as much as it was reviled. But not anymore.

As the years passed, the people began to change. The children were no longer satisfied with cotton candy and Ferris wheels. The freaks were explained as abnormal genetics and misunderstanding, the psychics slated and proved false and the dancers deemed no longer so entertaining. The mystery had been destroyed by modern culture and science. The people had lost their imagination. And so it came to pass, the people stopped coming and the Carnival moved on, never to return. That is... until now.

So roll up, roll up, watch your wallets and children. The Carnival has come to town!!!!!

Two days before -
So far, the summer had been intolerable. It hadn't rained for over a month. Around the city, the glass and steel reflected the heat and light down onto the street, making them even more unbearable. People rushed about in sweat soaked shirts and suits, desperate to stay in the shade. Cars drove passed with the windows rolled up and the air conditioning on full. In the buildings, the air conditioning worked harder than ever, creating a buzz in the air that was matched only by the heat haze that rose from the street below. Modern living had come at a price, it seemed.

Out in the suburbs, things were not much different. The greenery offered some tolerance, but the heat still took its toll. The air still buzzed with air conditioners while sprinklers fought a losing battle to keep the lawns a minor shade of green. Out here, the streets were abandoned. No children played on their lawns, or in pools and sprinkler sprays. Cars were covered up with tarps and sheets and windows were kept closed with curtains drawn to keep the rooms cool. There wasn't even a breeze to lift the heat haze from the tarmac that had already turned soft and spongy in the afternoon sun. It would come as no surprise then, that a convoy of trucks and trailers were almost passing the neighborhoods by before they were noticed.

Appearing as though a mirage through the haze, the oddly colorful line of vehicles slowly made their progress through the suburb's avenues. The rumble caused a few curtains to twitch and some even dared brave the heat to open their front doors and watch it the spectacle. The front wagon, a huge monstrosity of old metal sported the most color and laden with baggage, held a huge sign down the flank. Painted in bright colors, the words, "Runner's World Carnival" could be seen. More people ventured out of their houses to see the convoy pass. Who were these people and where had they come from? There hadn't been a carnival in this city for over a century. Onward the trucks rolled until they left the suburbs. It stopped only at he city limits to set up. The lead truck then split from the convoy to head into the city itself. Hands needed shaking and paperwork filing. Setting up was left to the other folks of this odd line of traffic.

As usual, the first man out as it were, was Hoss, a large boulder of a man and the head groundsman. Quickly, he started laying down his orders of what went where, the arrangement of the trucks and rides and of course, the absolute safety of everything. And soon after that, tents started going up and people started emerging from the trucks. All manner of freakish oddities appeared, getting involved with the work along with Hoss and the other workers. Everybody pitched in in this troupe.

It had taken nearly two days to speak to and deal with the relevant people of this city and Blade Runner was exhausted already. Finally though, everything was done and they had headed back to the site. Greeted warmly as always it seemed, Krosh was waiting for them. Blade jumped down from the truck and then moved around the other side. In the darkness, it was hard to see the other person in the cab, but as the man opened the door, a dainty hand took his and his twin sister Dahlia stepped tenderly from the monstrosity. Making sure the smaller twin had her footing firm on the ground, Blade let her hand go and moved to Krosh.

"As smoothly as could be expected." He told the wolfish man, then regarded him carefully before nodding to Dahlia. "Yes, my flower." He said quietly, turning his head back to Krosh again, "Dahlia senses your concern over this new place." He offered, "But she believes you should keep your hope. This place may finally hold the answers you seek." He smiled warmly at the man, then touched his shoulder as he passed. Dahlia arrived a few feet behind her brother, but then stopped before Krosh. She hadn't spoken for a good few years, letting her brother do the talking for her, but she knew Krosh could hear her in his thoughts. Her ice blue eyes regarded him with respect and she gave him a warm smile.
'Keep faith' the eyes told him 'Trust in yourself and trust in those around you. Trust in me. The answers will come when they are ready, I promise.'
Then, just like that, the words and the eyes were gone. Dahlia had literally mimicked Houdini and left the wolf man standing prone outside the tent. The twins disappeared into a large converted truck that was their home and the door was closed.

"Do you really believe Krosh will follow us for much longer?" Blade asked, "His thoughts on us are quite clear Flower. He hates us as much as he hates the Carnival."
Dahlia gazed at her brother as she removed her hat and coat. 'His hate has always been misguided.' Her mind spoke. 'And he has never followed anything unless he has been forced to. You know why he still remains and you know that his time is running short.'
"But giving him the faith and trust speech won't help him, dear sister." Blade told her firmly. "Just as the scorpion turns, so will he and you will be hurt again. I've seen it."
'A risk I am more than prepared to take.' Came the silent reply, 'And you shall not interfere Brother.'
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven) Empty Re: The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven)

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Krosh's eyes stared at the dark horizon of the night, hearing Dahlia's words gave him a ray of hope, but it quickly dimionished when he heard a familiar whistling sound. It was Syth, the jester of the carnival, he always tormented Krosh's mind and fueld his dark thoughts of doom, for his own amusement of course.

Syth: Still thinking aobut running doggy?

Krosh: I'm not in the mood for your games Syth, get away from me and mind your own business....

Syth: Aw...that hurts Krosh, all the time we've spent together and this is how you talk to me?

Krosh: Piss of clown boy, I've got no time for you anymore.

Syth: Silly mut, you havnt got time period, hahahahaha!

Krosh: why you little-!

Krosh suddenly swiped his giant sharp claws at Syth but the jester was very quick and flexible and simply did a backflip landing safely away from the ravenous werewolf.

Syth: Naughty naughty naughty! hahahahhahahaha!

In a poof on confetti, the jster was gone, his evil laugh lingered and faded.

Krosh: I hate that god damn clown.
-------------------------------

The jester always checked in with the runner's at this time of night, and right on time he appeared in another poof of confetti on top of the table in the runner's quarters.

Syth: Well now, how did business go today? Will we be able to scare those "normals" to deaht all we want and get profit for it? huh huh huh? please tell me some good news!

He screamed in his anxious but annoying high pitched voice.

Syth: and also...don't you think it's time to get rid of the rabid animal man? I mean come on, who wants to see a giant dog? All he does is compalin anyway, just takes up space...
---------------------------------
As Krosh stands by himself outside letting the slow breeze blow through his fur, he notices somethign very odd...the fur on his body is starting to receed a small amount, he anxiously looks around and spots a ghost like figure in white robes, singing a very slow song in another language he does not understand.

Krosh:...Who are you? Your presence in making my curse reverse itself...what kind of magic are you using?...TELL ME!

Krosh jumps at the ghost but he falls through the figure as it fades away and his wolven form still remains.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:18 pm

It was that time again. 'Syth is here' Dahlia mused with a small sigh.
Blade checked his pocket watch and poof, the jester arrived, right on time. "Not now Syth." Blade was about to say, but the clown quickly cut in with his questions for the evening. From the corner of his eye, Blade watched his sister disappear into the bedroom and groaned. He would have to deal with the clown alone... again. He waited until the barrage of questions ended and then chose his answers carefully.

"The business went just fine, Syth." He began, "We have all the permits and legal requirement needed to hold the site for a week. No, we shall not be scaring the 'normals' to death for profit. Any souls we collect will be used for their proper purpose, not for your personal amusement. Krosh will be staying with us for as long as he needs and wants, you know that. Besides, his show still brings in a good number of souls for the Carnival. Once he has gone, shall I leave it to you to find those extra numbers, Syth? For I am sure you enjoy your playtime far too much to replace it with work, especially seeing how often you leave it to others to do your work for you." Blade then got to his feet and went to the bedroom door. "Now if you do not mind, I would like to retire for the evening. Hotel beds are hardly as comfortable as one's own. Good night Syth.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Syth frowned as all his questions were shot down, then he eyed Blade as he left the clown alone.

Syth:...That's fine...because the finale is stilled being planned...no need to worry about losing Krosh anyway...the final act I have planned will draw the entire world to see it...for I will usher into this world, the one..................that will deliver us all.
-----------------------------------

After sitting on his knees for a while in the dirt outside, Krosh finally got up and sighed.

Krosh: Why tease me with this strange magic...just show me what my destiny is and get it over with...

Krosh walked away and to the animal tent to where his room was, as he did, Syth was watching him from overhead, Syth would amuse himself and stand on the ceiling defying gravity with his mysterious powers. Syth's past was never known, he joined the carnival a year before Krosh did and he never really gave an answer as to what powers he possessed, but one thign was for certain...they were draw from darkness.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Quietly, Blade sat on his bed and stared across the room at the curtain that separated his half from Dahlia's. A small lamp showed her silhouette, but he already knew she was reading the tarot. "Has the answer changed?" He asked quietly.
'No, it has not changed.'
Blade sighed sadly and laid down on his bed. He kicked off his boots and tried to relax. "Then our time is done."
'Perhaps.'
Blade lifted his head and stared at the shadow of his twin, "But you said...."
'I know what I said Blade.' She answered, 'The answer has not changed, but there is something else happening now. The answers will soon come to Krosh, but there is a darkness that will try to stop his salvation.'
As quick as a flash, Blade was on his feet and across the room. He stared at his sister and then looked down at the table before her. He could read the basic tarot, but Dahlia had the true skill with them. At her right hand, he spotted two cards that made him shudder. The hanged man and the jester. He knew what that meant. "Syth is involved after all."
'Yes.' Dahlia told him as she drew the final card and laid it down. 'But keep faith, dear brother.' She had drawn the death card, but upside down. 'All is not lost just yet.'
Nodding, Blade dropped the curtain once more and returned to his bed.

Dawn came with the usual hustle and bustle of the tents and stages being set up. Hoss had been hard at work with his crews since the early hours, but now it was time for breakfast. Usually, he sat with Mary and Margaret, the Siamese twins. He enjoyed their jokes and anecdotes from Russia, their birth place, but this morning, the girls were too busy, so he across from Krosh instead. "How do." He offered in his deep Southern drawl, "Ya'll ready for opening night?" He smiled warmly at the wolf man. He'd made it a point long ago to treat everyone the same, a friend and fellow carny....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:00 am

Krosh had woken up very early before the sun was up and was having his own crew set up for a new attraction he had come up with this year. Even though Krosh didn't consider himself apart of the carnival, he didn't want to be a burden and would always put on a good show in hopes of catching the attention of someone in the crowd that could maybe shed some light on his situation. Krosh grinned as Hoss came over and started to chat.

Krosh: Of course, I'm always ready, never know who's coming afterall...

He said with some hope in his voice and spotted Syth walking by to his own area, Syth hadn't told anyone of his area for this year, it had been kept a secret even from the runner's and was still udner contruction.

Krosh: I wish I could put that damn clown in the pit with my lions, that would entertain the crowd.

Mental images suddenly and very briefly hit Krosh's mind, brief clips of a ship underwater.

Krosh: I'm having a different feeling about this city than the other ones...something is here that connects to my past...I know it.

Krosh shook the feeling away and turned to Hoss now.

Krosh: So what about you? Are you ready for the crowds yourself?

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:26 am

Despite only being a regular human, Hoss had learned to be incredibly astute about things, especially about the Carnival and its people. He could tell right from the off that something was up with Krosh. He had known about the wolf man for some time, though he'd never openly spoken about it. Forking a large amount of eggs into his mouth, he nodded and smiled to Krosh's question. Swallowing, he said, "As ready as ever. But you're right. Something is different about this city. I may only be a lowly human, but I can feel a few things too. Like, how quiet the management have been since we got here. Blade is usually out and inspecting everything by now and Dahlia... well, she's been silent for years. Haven't heard her speak since '89." That was 20 years now the woman hadn't uttered a word.

Carefully, his eyes followed Syth and he imagined the sprat with Krosh's lions too. It made him smile. "I'll bet you fifty bucks, he won't last more than five minutes." He said, "But then, maybe it'll be about that long to chew through all that gristle he carries." Another forkful of eggs were demolished, along with an entire slice of bacon.

"Seriously though." Hoss offered, emptying his plate quickly, "I hope you can get some answers here. As much as I'm used to being around you as you are, it'd be cool to see you in the human form and I bet Dahlia would love it." He winked coyly at the wolf man and hopped off his chair. "Looking forward to the show Krosh." And he went back to work.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Krosh looked down thinking after Hoss had left, usually Krosh didn't leave during construction but there wasn't that much that needed to be done so he put his right hand crewman in charge and left the scene. As Krosh walked away from the ground she stopped outside Dahlia's quarters and stared at it.

Did he actually imply that Dahlia has a thing for me? But how? Why would anyone like a beast?

Krosh shook his head and wandered away from tje carnival and out to the shoreline, this new city was the first coastal city they had visited in a very long time, Krosh hasn't seen the ocean in many centuries. As Krosh walked down to the beach he made sure his cape and high collar let his abnormal form be hidden. As he neared the beach he saw it was empty save for one soul. It was the white robed ghostly figure from last night.

You brought me here...now what do you want?

He neared the ghost and as if the spectral being was reading Krosh's thoughts, it pointed into the water ahead of it. Krosh walked up beside the ghost and peered at the water.

Krosh: Is there something in the water worth my while?

As Krosh turned his head to look at the ghost it had disappeared and in its place was a small transparent boy ghost, a purple energy rune floating in front of his forhead and moved as he did as if attached to him.

Ghost: Oh Krosh...look at what has happened...your memories that were chained together so tightly...have all but been destroyed...but that which can be destroyed...can always be created once more.

Krosh: Did I know you in my past life? When I was normal?

Ghost: No. I am only a messenger. Here to help chian your memories back together. A good mile into the ocean in front of us you will find something that might awaken some of your memory. Go and find it.

Krosh: Why not just tell me about my past yourself?

Ghost: Because I don't know either, I was given instructions on how to help you find it however.

Krosh: A mile in the ocean you say? If you havn't noticed I'm a wolf man not a fish man.

Ghost: I will use my magic to let you breath udnerwater, now go before time runs out.

After that the boy disappeared and left Krosh on the beach alone, he sighed and looked up at the sky.

Krosh: Welp, here goes nothing.
---------------------------------------------------
Syth was in his carnival area making plans and constructing weird and strange things. His show was always the darkest, the most frightening, and most of the time the most dangerous. He sat in his chair in front of a desk now looking into an orb with a silly grin on his face.

Syth: Really master? It that a fact? How interesting...these carnival folks may be useful afterall...damn, I was looking forward to their demise...but no matter...I can still have my games. Hehehehehehehe.

Syth walked out of his area and around the grounds looking at all the attractions being set up, then he came across Hoss.

Syth: oh it's my old pal Hoss!

The jester said waving his septre around the the air obnoxiously and putting his arm around Hoss's shoulder.

Syth: Ya know Hoss, my offer stills stands, I would love for you to be apart of one of my secret acts this year, I'm tell'n ya it would be AMAZING! woohoo!!

The clown said as he bounced to and fro form the walls to the ceiling like a bouncing ball.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:11 am

Blade had not yet emerged from the trailer, his mind had been elsewhere most of the night and into the morning too. He worried over Dahlia and what she had seen. She took enough risks with those cards without having to take yet more with a creature that could barely stand being around them. Still, she had been adamant from the beginning that she would not shy away from the danger. He remembered the first time she had seen their fate with Krosh. It had frightened her so badly that she hadn't physically spoken since. He remembered nursing her for weeks to help her sleep again, then months to get her to leave the trailer. Eventually, she had returned to her post in the Carnival, reading tarot and telling fortunes, but she had taken to having another speak her words for her. A young psychic called Chloe that could read the tarot as well and feel what Dahlia was saying to relay it for her. And of course, the ever loyal Hoss had done his part for Dahlia too. He remained in the background, making sure that she was protected, guarded, while Blade had other things ongoing. And then there was Krosh himself.

For decades, Blade had pondered the wolf man and come up with few answers and even more questions. Generally, he liked the guy, but deep down, he knew that Krosh disliked him, or more to the point, disliked his Carnival. He had often felt the sensation of being held prisoner by it and that had hurt Blade deeply. Never had he ever held anyone to him against their will. Every last one of the Carnival folk here had come of their own free will and stayed. It was true that none had yet left them. Those that had come had either become part of the immortality like them, or had died in their due time with them. Blade had never understood why no-one had ever left, it just seemed their personal choice.

Slowly, his head turned to the curtain. Dahlia had not slept either, she was still sat shuffling her tarot and getting the same answers. Time was running out and Blade had run out of ideas. Only one person could change their fate now. Krosh.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:32 am

Krosh's body went a little cold as he dived into the water and breathed it like it were air, with the ghost boy's magic he was like a fish...with fur. As Krosh went deeper and deeper he began to get a little light headed, probably due to the ocean's increased pressure as he descended downwards. Krosh swam for what felt like hours until he saw the outline of what he was looking for...it was thw recked 1500's style ship he had seen in his mind so many times. Suddenly his vision went strange and choppy, like a computer screen that was malfunctioning and shutting on and off in split second intervals. Krosh's mind was bombarded with a flash back that was full of static and very glitchy.
--------------------
Flash back
-------------------

Krosh was in first person view, the ship that was wrecked at the bottom of the ocena now behind him looking bran new. A crewman in front of him was staring him in the face, dressed in 14th century clothing.

"Captain? Orders sir?" "you alright Krosh?"

Thousands of images hit Krosh's vision at once flipping form one to another at a rate that was undecipherable. The flash back shows his crew running through the jungle nowscremaing, blood all over their clothing.

"No! Please don't take my-"

A man's soul taken right in front of him, the view becomes glitchy again as Krosh runs towards where everyone is running from. Krosh finds ruins of what looks like an ancient city.

"Captain we've been-"

"What are you doi-"

Flashes of white hit Krosh's mind. Now he's inside one of the ancient buildings, the robed orcish man stands in front of him now.

???: Captian Krosh...you shall be punished for------

The orcs words go blanka nd the flash back glitches and skips forward in the conversation.

???:----And I'll give you the power to-----

The orc waves his hands hitting the past Krosh with purple magic.

???:---For your deeds and crimes! Now you are cursed monster! Carry out what I have charged you with!

Suddenly everything goes blank
---------------------
End flashback
---------------------

Krosh bolts up spitting out water, he is safe on the beach now, his fur slightly damp.

Krosh: Did my crew....awaken an ancient evil spirit? Is that why I'm cursed....then how do I get rid of it...the flashback, it mentioned I was charged with a duty of some kind...ugh....my head hurts.

About an hour later...

Krosh is veyr tired and slightly staggers as he walks back to the carnival grounds, he inspects his area slowly, his crew had put the place up perfectly, it was ready for the show. Krosh walked past Dahlia's quarters again, stopping outside and sighing to himself, but instead of walking away, he walked closer to the door, and knocked...

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:26 pm

When Blade had finally decided to dress and start his work, it was already early afternoon and Hoss had been three feet from the door to call the immortal to work. That left Dahlia to her own devices. She spent the morning reading her tarot, searching for anything that might mean her salvation, but each time, she got the same answer. She would be tainted to darkness for eternity. As the morning faded into afternoon, Dahlia finally drifted into a dreamless sleep. Then came the knocking.

Still in her nightclothes, a chiffon nightgown that covered her from neck to toe, she moved to the door and pushed it open. The sunlight made her shimmer in the darkened doorway and one could see the outline of her figure beneath the nightgown. As her ice coloured eyes fell on Krosh, she gave a small smile. 'As always, it is a pleasure to see you Krosh.' She told him silently, then backed up a step and allowed the creature to enter. Once inside, she invited him to sit in the small living room and then made some tea. 'You smell of the ocean again.' She mused, 'I've always found it incredibly soothing. However, this time it is not just our collective memory. I would suggest washing the salt from your fur before it dries your skin out. You have such lovely skin beneath the silk.' Another warm smile as she poured out the tea from an antique china teapot into the matching antique cups.

Shortly after she had poured the tea and placed Krosh's cup and saucer on the table, Blade entered the trailer, but didn't see the pair. "Dahlia?" He called smoothly, "Why does our home smell like wet dog?" Then he turned and saw Krosh sat with his sister and turned a deep crimson colour. He screwed up his face and chewed his lip in regret before hunching his shoulders. "Ahhh, I suppose it's a little late for me to dig a hole in the floor and bury myself.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:43 pm

Krosh didn't make any kind of expression on his face nor did he say a word as he entered and looked around, but his eyes told everything, he had alot on his mind.

Krosh: When I was in the ocean I...I found a ship...my ship. From the days when I was a 15th century sailor...when I neared it, it gave me visions of my past, it showed me and my crew landing on an island...finding an ancient city. My crew must have awakened some evil warlock of some sort...he drained the souls of my crew, and cursed me to be an immortal werewolf, but the vision was choppy, I couldnt make out most of it, but one thing is for sure, this curse was a punishment, and I was charged with some sort of duty, but I still don't know what...

Krosh kept looking about to his left and right and then down at the floor as if somethign else was on his mind, he was breathing a bit heavy as if he were nervous.

Krosh: That's actually not what I came to tell you though, that's my own business to deal with...all these years I've spent in your carnival...all these years I could have left and searched for clues aobut my past...I only stayed........for you.

Krosh couldn't tell whether he was in love with her or whether it was just her character he was drawn to but he told as much as he knew, he had indeed stayed solely for her. A seocnd later Blade came in, Krosh slightly growled at his comment but let it go, then he bowed at Dahlia and Blade and went for the exit.

Krosh: Always a pleasure sir and madame.

And then he was out the door.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Dahlia gave an audible sigh as Krosh made for the door. She glared at her brother as the man backed up a step to allow the wolf man to exit the trailer. 'You complete jerk!' Her mind yelled, 'Think before you open your damned mouth!'
"I'm sorry!" Blade yelped at her, "I didn't know he was here, I swear!"
'Calling the man a dog is bad enough, but saying he smelled like one is far worse.' She scorned, then pushed past him to follow Krosh.

Rushing down the steps, she gathered her nightgown in her hands and chased after the creature, but how could she get his attention? Stopping dead in her tracks, Dahlia tried to speak with her mind, but she couldn't feel him. After what he had told her, she needed to do something drastic and so drastic that it would bring him running back... hopefully. After 20 years of silence, Dahlia finally opened her mouth to speak. Her lips trembled as she gripped the skirt of her nightgown tight. "Krosh!"

Every person within earshot of the immediately stopped and stared at Dahlia. Chloe actually dropped her stack of books, Hoss almost fell over his own feet and the Siamese twins Mary and Margaret fell in a collective heap at the foot of their stage. If she wanted attention, she certainly had it now....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Krosh was at the doorway of his room when her voice his his ears, suddenly his mind felt as if it were being twisted and meddled with like a small child handling a play toy. Krosh let out a monsterous roar and in a fit of madness put his claw nails through his wooden door, tore it off the hinges, and threw it to the ground shattering it into pieces. It was as if hearing her voice again opened up a gateway in his mind, opened up a part of his soul that was once shut off, her voice used to put him in such a harmony, and without it his entire being had got into a depression, but now was awakened.

If Krosh thought that his underwater flashback sequence had bombarded him with too many thoughts and images at once, well Dahlia's voice made that look like a slow slideshow. literally millions of mental pictures hit Krosh all at once, making him roll around on the gorund clutching his head, his body was changing...his muscles were rippling and spasming and his fur receeding as were his claws. The mental images he was experiencing was as if his entire life was shown before him but in 1 second picture images, and all out of order, and a new sequence added to his flashback.

In this new addition to the flashback, he saw his newly cursed self leaving the island and his ship toppled by a terrible storm. He saw himself thrown, alogn with his ship, to the depths of the ocean, the ship crushing down upon him as water filled his lungs, but he did not die becaus eof his curse, after that everything went black. Krosh's eyes opened suddenly, the pain and images had gone, he staggered to his feet and almost fell, it seemed that he wasn't as strong as he was a few minutes ago for some reason. Krosh walked aorund the corner and to where Dahlia was standing, and now he saw in a distant mirror on the sid eof the building why he had felt weak. Krosh's body had reverted back to human form almost entirely, with on a few bits of fur left on him, but as soon as he stepped out in front of eveyrone he reverted back to lycan form and stared at Dahlia breathing heavily.

Krosh: Was I dreaming...or did you just speak...my name?

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:22 am

It wasn't quite the reaction she had expected. Krosh had let out a terrifying roar and she could see dust rising from where he had been rolling around in pain. She wondered if speaking was such a good thing now she knew it caused him such agony. Then, for just a split second, she saw an almost human hand on the board before it reverted back to a thumbed claw again and Krosh stepped out to face her.

Still clutching her nightgown tight in her hands, Dahlia visibly trembled as though speaking had thoroughly exhausted her. A small diamond of a tear slid down her cheek and she slowly nodded. Yes, she had spoken his name.

"Well, fuck me backwards on Sunday!" Hoss breathed, his eyes wide and his arms limp at his sides. He stared at the pair and really couldn't believe it. "I didn't see that coming at all!"
Just then, Blade was at his side, "I don't think she did either." He offered, staring at his sister with deep respect, but worry as well. "I really don't think she did."
Hoss turned to stare at his employer and blinked dumbly, "How long has it been?" He asked, "Twenty years or so?"
Blade nodded, "Give or take a few months."
"Wow."
"Ever since she saw her own tarot." Blade continued.
Hoss wrinkled his brow a little, "What did she see to make her silent like that?"
Blade regarded Hoss carefully, his eyes saying far more than his words ever could, "Her sacrifice for his freedom." He offered quietly, then moved toward Dahlia.

In Blades hands, he carried a light coloured woolen shawl. He came upon Dahlia slowly and lowered his head to Krosh. With a nod and a smile, he came closer to Dahlia and tenderly placed the shawl around his sister's shoulders. She nodded her thanks and Blade backed away then to leave them alone. Clapping his hands, he said, "OK folks, show's over. We've got a Carnival to set up!" Everyone scattered and went back to their work. Dahlia and Krosh were left alone......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:27 am

Krosh stared at Dahlia for a moment, for what seemed like an eternity, getting lost in her eyes having his locked on hers.

Krosh: Why after all this time...did you choose to speak my name, why waste your first words in two decades on a cursed beast? I had thought you were going to stay mute forever...I was very worried.

Krosh's face suddenly showed a bit of anger, his voice gave the tone of someone who was gonna get choked up after a dramatic situation.

Krosh: You can't just do that ya know? Just because you're a gorgoeus amazing woman doesn't give you the right! I cared about you so much that when you didn't speak I nearly lost a part of me!

Krosh's fist punched the ground in a fit of temporary anger, but he froze as he looked at his fist, he saw a human hand with knuckles, bruised now from punching the dirt. He looked at his body and saw that some sort of phase shift was happening, bakc and worth his fur was comign and going and gis claws retracting and then would come back.

Krosh: Dahlia, I must ask, why did you stop speaking...and why did you run after me just now?

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:37 am

Dahlia stared down at her feet for a long time after Krosh's questions. Hitting the ground and growling like he was, she thought at first he was angry. Angry, worried, hurt, confused, perhaps even fear as well. She could feel so many things from him and it clogged up her mind. Finally though, she was able to catalog it all and put it away to think again clearly. Her lips parted again, but she seemed to struggle now.

"I.....I..." It had been so long, she was finding it hard to form the words properly and it required far more effort now. "I... didn't waste it." The effort showed as she tried to speak the words clearly. Finally, she looked up again and tried to smile, but it faded again just as quickly. 'This is so much harder than I imagined.' She said with her mind, then decided to give it another try. "I.. I saw something I shouldn't have seen. It made me stop talking. I was scared." Her eyes watered briefly, "Scared it would be true. Tarot... Tarot never lies."......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 am

Krosh: I gather that you saw something that had to do with me? You knew something regarding my fate and you didn't tell me....after all these years of me staying here in your show.

Krosh's phase shifts stopped and his wolven form was there again. He stepped closer and glared at Dahlia.

Krosh: I will not have anyone toy with my fate as if it were a child's plaything! Do you hear me! I wont have it!

Krosh began stepping back, his eyes showed he was hurt inside now, felt as if he were betrayed.

Krosh:...if only you would have trusted me with what you saw...we could have fought it together...

Krosh lowered his head and halfway turned awya form her.

Krosh: You know what...I don't care anymore...tell blade to find a new "wet dog" to be in the show...

Krosh suddenly went angry again and with his claws picked up a chunk of earth from the gorund and threw it down shattering it.

Krosh: I'M DONE DO YOU HEAR ME! DONE!

His emotions were running so wild at this point that even his fur went a bit jagged standing on end.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:55 am

Another tear slid down Dahlia's cheek as she bore the brunt of Krosh's anger. Why had she not told him? Why had she remained silent all these years? Why did she not trust him. As he turned away, screaming that he was done, Dahlia felt her own explode and she screamed back at him. All around, the dusty ground began to pick up and turn in circles, such was the force of her mind on it.

"I saw how I would die!" She screamed at him, "I saw you do it! I saw you murder me! Your freedom meant my death! That's how it was to be! That is how it is to be! The Tarot are never wrong, they have never lied to me! And you can tell Blade yourself!" So much for that, she thought and turned away from him. It took all she had not to run away. She had never wanted him to know their fate. In doing so, she had betrayed her Tarot and Fate for the second time. It was never meant to be that one should know their own future.

On the trailer steps, Blade sat with his arms over his knees and his head resting on his forearms. His eyes were sad and lonely. "What do you intend to do now, Flower?" He asked her, "Now that he knows how to free himself, what will you do?" He knew she wouldn't answer him, she couldn't. The cards had only shown her so much. The rest, she had to fathom on her own........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:07 am

Krosh gritted his teeth and growled as he went to leave only to be halted by Syth standing and smiling in his way

Krosh: I am cursed once being a werewolf, and now I have to stare at your face!? Get out of my way!

Krosh's claw lashed out at the clown to shove him out of the way, however Krosh's biggest shock of the day came when Syth effortlessly caught Krosh's Claw. Krosh looked back and forth form his lcaw to the jester, who's face was now straight with no smile.

Krosh: What the hell is this?!

Syth: I'm afraid Krosh...I can't allow you to leave just yet.

Syth lifted Krosh into the air with his own claw he held and threw him with such force that he flew through the air like a rocket. Krosh's body was thrown at the runner's truck, Krosh's body collided with the truck so hard that it broke the vehicle in half and buried Krosh under rubble. Syth was now standing in front of the runner's now wrecked vehicle, his attire had changed some, he had on shoulder pads that seethed with a shadowy energy and his septre was now a staff with a skull at the end of it.

Syth: Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls!......The show has begun.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 am

The instant Blade saw Syth with Krosh, he knew something huge was about to happen. It took him only a heartbeat to take hold of Dahlia and pull her away from the truck before Krosh went sailing into and then right through it. His eyes went immediately to the clown and he squared his shoulders. Well, his sister had never been wrong and when she was right, she really was right. "Syth!" He yelled, putting Dahlia behind him.

The other folk began to crowd around, seeing and hearing the commotion and Hoss quickly stepped up to face off Syth. "What the hell?" He yelled, then backed up to guard Dahlia. Blade stepped forward and carefully slid a thin rapier from his cane. "This stops here." He said quietly. "However you're involved in this, I won't let you hurt them." Meaning Krosh and ultimately, Dahlia.

Unbeknown to him though, Dahlia had given Hoss the slip and was kneeling over Krosh. 'Your answers are here, my love.' She told him with her mind, 'They were always here. You just needed to find them for yourself. Please forgive me, I meant never to betray you. I am at peace with my fate and your freedom is what you seek.' Then she pulled a small silver blade from the rubble. 'Please.' She begged, 'I have waited twenty years already. Don't let me wait any longer?'.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:40 am

Syth: You're right Blade...this does stop here....this meaningless thing known as life...I think maybe you should take a look at my underground labyrinth I've built as apart of my show area...wouldn't want that demon to get loose would we?

Syth covered his mouth sarcastically.

Syth: Oops! I've let the cat out of the bag! HAHAHAHAHA!

His body faded in shadwy energy and his laughing lingered a few seocnd sbefore finally going away. Overhead ominous dark clouds hovered over the carnival ground stratching over the entire city itself.

Krosh opened his eyes, breathing heavily, looking up at Dahlia, his hand reached up to caress her face, and as it did, as if she had a special aura around her, his hand turned human as it touched her face.

Krosh: It is I who sohuld be sorry...I never meant to take my anger out on you...I think it was jus tthe thought of not heairng you speak, and the thought of having to stay like this forever....but heed my words, I would rather stay like this for 100 lifetimes than take your life to cure it.

Krosh leaned up and his face turned human logn enough for him to give Dahlia a slow passionate kiss on the lips, then, pulling back his face went wolven again and he stood, lifting her by the hand as he did. He stepped in front of everyone now.

Krosh: Listen to me all of you...My fate as a werewolf I believe has something to do with Syth's dark power. I have said some things in the recent few moments that I said in anger...it has been a privelage working with you all. And now...our way of life has been threatened...and we must answer the call.

Krosh threw his claws into the air and roared loudly at the darkening sky.

Krosh: I am not afraid of bloodshed nor darkness! Let us proudly defend our carnival we have put our souls into! I'll be damned 1000 more years if I let that clown have his way! WHO'S WITH ME!

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:04 am

All stood and stared at Krosh, a mixture of anger, fear, some respect. Mary and Margaret scampered quickly away, they wanted nothing to do with this. As did many of the workmen. They had made it clear they didn't understand the Carnival as the others did. Chloe seemed unable to decide what to do until Dahlia smiled to her. 'You are too young to be involved in this.' She told the girl lovingly, then turned to Hoss, who also seemed unable to move. "Take Chloe away." She demanded softly, "She is too young. She must remain innocent in this."
Hoss stared at Dahlia with hurt and fear, "What about you?" He asked.
"I have Blade and Krosh." She told him, "We are the ones involved in this fight. Not you and not Chloe, not anyone. No-one else need suffer this battle. Please."
Hoss lowered his eyes, then nodded, "As you wish." He said, then gave a polite bow to Blade. "It's been an honour working for you Blade Runner." He said.
"The honour has been mine, Hoss." Blade said back with respect, "Now go, before it's too late for you."
Hoss nodded, then placed a strong arm around Chloe's shoulder. "If you survive this." He offered, "Don't forget us on the way out."

Dahlia moved up to Krosh's shoulder and tenderly placed a hand on it. "It must only be us." She told him, "We three must face the beast and Syth. It has been foretold and cannot be changed."
Blade nodded his agreement, then, "About the 'wet dog' thing." He offered, "Just so you know, I don't think you a dog. It was a huge mistake on my part. I spoke without thinking. I don't want to die without you knowing how much I respect you."
Dahlia smiled and touched her brother's shoulder. "We must go." She said quietly, "He is waiting and we are running out of time."......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:08 am

Krosh nodded as he watched them all go save for he and the Runners.

Krosh: If that is what you wish, then we three shall fight the enemy.

Krosh nodded at Blade's apology.

Krosh: Well enjoy the dog jokes while you can, I fear I might not be one for too long.

He said smiling then turned his head towards the carnival grounds and ran into the tent that lead to Syth's area. Now standing before the doorway which had a curtain over it, Krosh pulled the cloth down to reveal a sadistic dark looking room with one lone staircase inside it.

Krosh: So...the clown has been digging holes has he...and I thought I was the dog around here.

Krosh slowly walked to the staircase and sniffed around maijng sure there were no enemies around and began to walk down. As he got to the bottom of the stairs, Krosh froze. In front of him was a giant atlar with a sick and twisted version of a demonic dog in front of him. The demon dog began to speak now.

???: Hello Krosh...

Krosh: Who are you? Why do you know my name lowly demon!

???: Lowly demon? Syth? You told them I was a lowly demon?

Syth appeared now floating in mid air above the demon dog.

Syth: Apologies master, I didn't want to let on that I was summoning something too powerful, otherwise they might not have come down here, hehe.

A beam of purple energy shot out from the demon's eye and hit Syth making the clown fall to the ground, he didn't move after that, just laid there on the ground.

???: Now then, a proper introduction is in order...

Krosh noticed the demon's body wasn't fully showing, there was a portal on the ground that the demon's head and half its body was coming from.

Magtheridon: My name is Magtheridon, A demon lord from the corrupted planet of Draenor...and I have come to claim this planet as my own since my world is now shattered.

Krosh: and you think we're going to let you take our world? Seems to me your summoning wasn't fully complete

Magtheridon laughed.

Magtheridon: I must apologize for not being in my natural body, but this one was the only one that pathetic clown could find...now then.....on to business...

Magtheridon roared and heaved the back end of his body through the portal and placed stood now on all four of his legs, his body was incomplete, made of rot and other digusting materials.

Krosh: Alright guys...let's do this...

He said to Blade and Dahlia.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next