The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven)

Post by LadyRaven Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:05 am

The further into the darkness they traveled, the feeling of decay and absolute evil grew in Dahlia. Such an immense presence awaited them, but she dared not say anything just yet. To begin with, they had to face this creature on his terms before they could play his game. Clutching her shawl tightly about her, she moved closer to her twin and then physically pulled his arm about her. 'He is close' she told Blade, 'I can almost taste his evil in my throat.'
Blade looked down at his smaller sister and tried to smile, "Whatever he is, we will deal with him, my flower." He replied quietly, "Nothing can harm us that we don't want to, remember?"
Dahlia nodded, but she wasn't convinced. Everything her Tarot had told her was steadily coming to pass. The great evil, Krosh's past coming back to him and the death that awaited them.

Finally, they reached the end of the passage to be faced by an enormous alter and there, Dahlia watched a demon pull himself from another world. It was as terrifying as the creature was disgusting. Dahlia, for some reason placed herself directly behind her brother now, completely out of sight of the demon. She kept her eyes closed in either fear or concentration, her back tight against Blade's. It was like she had utterly disappeared. The first conversations were by and by to Dahlia, but as the demon finally introduced himself, her eyes opened again and she opened her mouth. At he very moment the creature spoke his name, so too did Dahlia. "Magtheridon." Though her voice was barely more than whisper, it was enough for Blade to not only hear it, but feel the evil in it from Dahlia. He turned his head sharply to the woman hiding behind him.
"How do you know his name?" He asked quietly.
Dahlia shuddered, "Because I know him." She whispered back. "He has visited me many times in my nightmares. His form changes from world to world, but his soul does not. I can taste him now, like in my dreams."
Blade growled quietly to himself and lifted his rapier slightly higher. "Then I will gut him for what he has done." He hissed.
Dahlia shook her head, "No weapon made by man can kill him." She whispered again.
Blade did not lower his weapon, "Then tell me you know what can kill him." He demanded, his voice rising slightly.
Dahlia shuddered again, "I cannot tell you what I do not know."
"Then figure it out Flower." Blade told her firmly, "Before he shits us out again next week!"
Dahlia closed her eyes again and tried to concentrate. It was then she felt a sharp prick to her mind. Her eyes flashed open again and she slowly emerged from behind her brother. Lifting her head, she opened her mind to Magtheridon and locked her gaze on him. "You cannot violate me anymore, Magtheridon." She said loud enough for him to hear her. "I stand before you openly at the shoulder of my beloved." She moved forward to stand at Krosh's shoulder. She trembled visibly, but held her ground. Though, unseen, she gripped the Lycan's hand tightly in fear........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Carnival Comes To Town (Lady Raven)

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:38 am

Suddenly above Magtheridon, Syth appeared and laughed at Krosh, Dahlia, and Blade.

Syth: Still think you're hot stuff now? Now you've got my master to deal with! HAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Magtheridon let out an annoyed sigh and looked up at the jester.

Magtheridon: Yes and since you brought them in here beforte my body was complete, I'll have to take back the power I gave you to deal with them you stupid clown.

Syth looked angrily at Magtheridon and started to shake his fist at him.

Syth: What?! We ad an agreeement! This is my power to keep-

A twisted beam of unholy energy lashed out from Magtheridon's paws and hit Syth syphoning his energies from the clown and back into himself. While this was going on Krosh looked back at Dahlia and spoke.

Krosh: I have a plan...when a demon is summoned into this world they have a small sphere of concentrated evil energy at the core of whatever body they construct for themselves. This core, if even touched by a mortal during the beginning stages of reanimation, will explode, destroying the demon lord's chance sof reanimating himself forever. If you and blade can distract the monster, I can ge tto his core and destroy him.

Magtheridon was finished sapping all his energy from Syth, the clown fell to the ground and Krosh ran and jumped on Magtheridon's back and started digging into his rotting hide. The monster roared and tried to buck Krosh off, moving aorund wildly, spewing his rot breath everywhere and making the ground shake from his size alone.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Male Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:52 pm

As Krosh made his attack, Blade stepped in front of Dahlia as though to protect her. Old habits and his constitution demanded it almost. However, much to his fear and dismay, Dahlia slowly stepped back around and moved in front of her brother. They were to privide a distraction, so that was exactly what Dahlia intended to do.

The hideous demon bucked and threw himself about, almost desperate to dislodge Krosh and Dahlia could feel the earth shifting in protest at the beast's tantrum. At her back, she could feel Blade, desperate too, but for another reason entirely. He feared for her. "Do not fear, dearest brother." She whispered, "No harm will befall me here." That wasn't strictly true of course, she couldn't see what would happen during this battle and her predictions on this matter had not been entirely accurate so far. Still, she had faith and that was all she cared for right now.

removing her shawl, Dahlia took a step forward and lifted her head high, squaring her shoulders and then lifting her arms out. "Come to me great Gods!" She called, "I call upon thy guidance and protection!" From the burning fires around the still open portal, a cooling wind began to blow, whipping up around Dahlia and Blade. "Show this beast with whom he truly battles! Let thy strength flow through me! I beg of thee! Give me the power to help my beloved! I command it!" The cool wind became icy cold then as it whirled around Dahlia alone now, like a tornado. Her hair lifted up, blowing around like a black and purple mane. Her nightgown bellowed around her legs, showing far more skin than she would have revealed willingly. Her eyes closed slowly and she took a deep breath of the whirling tornado. It entered her body through her mouth and nose, engulfing her. Then, as quickly as it happened, everythig was calm once more, with only Magtheridon's temper to break the silence. However, even he had to stop at this and stare at the puny girl before him.

On seeing all this happen, Blade felt a sudden deep fear for what his beloved sister was about to unleash and quickly took a step forward as the wind ceased and she stood there motionless, her eyes still closed. "Krosh!" He yelled, "Get out of the way! Now!" Just then, Dahlia's eyes snapped open.

White as snow and just as cold, Dahlia's eyes were haunting and frightening. As she slowly breathed out again, the air was so cold, it turned to smoke that drifted down her front. Her hair, now tangled and all askew, glittered with tiny ice crystals, as did her skin. Had Blade dared to touch her, his fingers would have instantly frozen in place. "Beast!"

Dahlia's voice had also changed, commanding instant respect and fear. It sounded as though dozens, or perhaps hundreds of different tones now resided in her throat. It created a frightening melody that any mortal man would fear turn them insane. "You will cease your attack, lest you feel our divinity!" Slowly, Dahlia lifted her arms out and held them level with ehr shoulders. "For we will strike you down for this insolence! This world shall not belong to he that would tanrish the purity it holds!"

Unprotected, unhindered and utterly beyond reason, Dahlia took a step forward, putting herself within easy reach of the demon. Her own voice returned, but the icy coldness around her remained. "For twenty years, I have dreamt of this day." She said, "For twenty long years, I have waited for the death that was to be mine. For twenty years, it has kept me silent to all that loved me. And for twenty years, I have feared you." Dahlia lifted her head to look at Magtheridon square on. "That ends today. With every ounce of my strength and will, every beat of my immortal heart that beats only for my beloved and family. I swear to you: This day, you will perish. You shall die within the very flames that you have created and I shall stand over to watch."

Well, if Krosh wanted a distraction, he certainly got one!
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:42 am

As Dahlia began her ritual of power and froze the air aorund them, Magtheridon had stopped bucking and almost forgotten about Krosh, the wolfman was now many feet into Magtheridon's rotting body and so the cold did not bother him, but the coldness did allow him to keep digging into the demon because the cold air almost numbed Magtheridon's body.

The demon now stared down at Dahlia as she walked closer, almost dumbfounded that anyone would talk to him that way.

Magtheridon: I am a demon lord, I have commanded vast legions of demons and dark soldiers across this universe in places that you never thought existed! In times before you can even remember! SEEN THINGS YOUR DREAMS HAVN'T EVEN DARED DREAMED OF! And yet...you stand here in defiance?

Krosh had now gotten to the point in his digging that he saw a beam of purple light start to radiate from the rot he was clawing through, he smiled.

Krosh: Well now...what do we have here?

Magtheridon: When I took over this world I would have allowed you to serve under my rule, but because of this little stunt, now I'll rip your souls out and feed them to my minions! And I shall not-

Magtheridon stopped yapping on and felt something in his back.

Krosh: You were saying doggy? Oh...you were finished...good.

Krosh's claw revealed the very core of Magtheridon, and he placed his mortal hand upon the orb.

Magtheridon: Tricked my simple nuisances?

Krosh: Yep.

A split second later Magtheridon's core exploded in a very violent and bright flash of light. The blast tore Magtheridon's body apart so fast he didn't even have time to utter another word, as this happened Krosh was hit by the blast and shot out of the demon's body as it evaporated into nothingness. Krosh opened his eyes and before him now was the small ghost boy he had seen earlier, with the glyph on his forehead.

Ghost: Krosh, I've finally pieced together your memory...I don't know how you'll take seeing the truth...but here it is nonetheless...

The ghost opened his hand and a small orb floated out and expanded into a hologram, as if he were watching a special Television. The hologram showed Krosh back before he was a werewolf, it showed of when he and his crew were shipwrecked on the island like his vision ealrier.

Ghost: Krosh I don't know how to tell you this, but you were a very bad person...you stole, murdered, and rampaged across the seas...you were one of the most deadly and feared pirates ever.

Krosh: What....?

Ghost: You got shipwrecked on an island...you went into the jungle and found ancient ruins. You ordered your men to steal any treasure they could even if it meant disturbing the tombs of the dead.

Krosh:...Oh my lord...I remember now...it's coming....back...

Ghost: But in the process...you disturbed Guldan's tomb. The orcish figure from your nightmares...he killed your men and spared you for a reason. He told you that as punishment he was going to turn you into a horrible monster...but if you were to destroy a certain evil, he would take back the curse and return you to normal. The evil entity he charged you with killing was Magtheridon. Syth was alive in your time and got word you were to destroy his master and he conjured the terrible storm that destroyed your ship. In the process you took in too much water and it affected your memory until now.

Krosh was almost in tears, having to take in all this information all at once. Just then the orcish figure, the sorceror Guldan, appeared before him.

Guldan: It took you some time I see...but you have fufilled your end of our bargan...if you'll follow me...I will hold my end up...

Guldan beckoned Krosh to the portal and walked through himself.

Krosh: Wait...what? Where does the portal lead?

Ghost: Back to your time of course Krosh.

Krosh: But...why would I go back in time?

Ghost: Well sadly...even though your heart has made connections to others here..

The ghost said looking back at Dahlia.

Ghost: If the curse were to be removed from you now...you would be hundreds of years old and fall dead where you stand...and so, you are to be returned to your time and be decursed...I'm so sorry Krosh.

With that the ghost disappeared and only the portal stood, waiting for Krosh to enter. Krosh looked back at Dahlia and walked towards her. Time was running out, particles of Krosh could already be seen being drawn towards the portal and he stood before his only love to see her one last time.

Krosh: If only we would have met under different circumstances...in another time...I love you Dahlia...I always have...promise me you'll sit on the beach near where my ship wrecked back in my time...you might find something special...

Krosh's claw reached towards Dahlia to touch her face, it turned to a human hand when it neared her but before it could touch her, Krosh was gone and the portal closed.

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Everything happened so fast, neither twin had any chance to brace themselves. Megtharidon exploded, blowing them both off their feet. Blade hit the cavern wall, while Dahlia was knocked down. A sudden shell of ice protected her from injury, but melted again as soon as it all finished. Then Krosh was stood before the portal with another creature, beckoning him to go through it. He knew his past now, all of it. Then he was leaving.

Dahlia didn't move as he reached out for her, simply stood there in icy silence as she watched him disappear, molecule by molecule into the portal. Then he was gone and Dahlia finally moved. She dropped to her knees and then keeled over. Blade came quickly to her, but she was still so icy cold that she burned his fingers as he touched her. Whatever she had summoned, it wasn't leaving just yet.

Remembering what Krosh had said, Blade quickly wrapped his sister up in her shawl, then his coat and took her from the cavern. She had to go to the beach where Krosh's ship had wrecked ashore. But how on Earth would he get her there? And in Krosh's time? Wasn't that over 600 years in the past? Blade shook his head. No, not go back in time. That was impossible. But go to the beach where the ship had wrecked, certainly. That could be done.

Gathering up what was left of their belongings, Blade packed it all and his sister into the only untouched vehicle left and drove towards the coast. On the way, he preiodically checked on Dahlia. She was warming up, but was still very cold to the touch. He worried for her greatly. Certainly, they were immortal, but hypothermia could kill them just as easily as it could mortals. he remembered Krosh saying before, that he had been there. And what Dahlia had said to him also. Finding it would be easy enough. He knew Dahlia would let him know exactly where to stop.

The car moved sluggishly over the breaker ramps, it didn't like sand at all. In the end, Blade was forced to dump the car and carry Dahlia. Her cold skin made him shiver, even though it was unbearably hot. Dawn had come and gone a couple of hours ago and already, Blade could feel the sun burning the back of his neck. Still covered in his coat, Dahlia gave a small groan and he stopped dead in his tracks. They had arrived.

Carefully as he could, Blade put Dahlia down in the sand and removed the coat. Hopefully, the sun would warm her, but it served only to remind him just how cold she was. Smoke poured from every inch of her icy skin, like spring dew being burned off by warm sunshine. Blade looked around, wondering what they were waiting for. Krosh said they would find something special, but all he could see was empty sand for miles in either direction. "Damn it Krosh, what are we here for?" He cursed quietly, his mouth opening to say something else that he quickly pulled short and bit his tongue for.

Dahlia still wasn't fairing too well. In the least, she should have been beginning to shiver to warm up, but she wasn't. She just laid there on the sand, her white eyes still staring into nothing. Blade had long grown impatient. "Damn you Krosh!" He suddenly yelled, "She lays here dying for what?! For some special thing that isn't even here?! Damn you for a dog Krosh!"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by OrderOfTheBlackGuard Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Something began to stir in the waters in front of Dahlia and Blade now, bubbles from below started to surface and something began to emeger from the water slowly coming towards the twins.

"For an immortal you have no patience!"

A voice boomed so loud the ocean rippled. Then the thing coming towards them surfaced, it was a man in shining battle armor, a two handed sword on his back, his eyes were glowing green. He was a tall man and he walked slowly from the water, letting it fall off him as if he were immune to getting wet.

"Blade I presume? Hold your tongue from using such harsh words...for you are in the presence of the consort to the queen....and you..."

The man said pointing at Dahlia.

"I have a way to help you...my name is drake, consort to the dragon queen Alexstraza."

OrderOfTheBlackGuard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2