The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primal Instinct

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Primal Instinct Empty Primal Instinct

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 am

Primal Instinct Newtek-lightwave-3d_avatar-vad-rainforest-gorge

It was far in the future and the next stage of evolution had taken place, creatures had evolved so much now that some were unrecognisable. The forest had over taken the greatest of cities as if Mother Nature herself was trying to repair herself from all the harm the humans had caused over the years. The forests were vast no buildings in sight, and the ones that were had trees twisting around them and plants of exaggerated size, the once clouded water had become crystal clear, like liquid glass you could see the fish that lived in the fresh water lakes and rivers, waterfalls raged and crashed over the cliffs more powerful than they ever had and the water was completely pure. The plants flourished, evergreen and seasonal plants mixed in this alien forest. But it was beautiful, nothing like any creature had seen before. However, during this tough time the humans had declined, the other races had thrived but the humans had not, they were not adapted well enough and the few that remained rarely ever met each other, several were now hybrids.

One human named Taigi, one of the few humans that had learnt and managed to survive by herself learning from her parents, both of hers were pure human. She was wearing leather and cloth like clothes; a short top from just below her shoulder blade to the top half of her stomach, a strap around her waist with part of it going between her legs and another two pieces one in front of her and one at the back, a lot like the clothes people sued to wear in the past. It was all she could craft at the moment, but it would do. She carried bow and arrows, a small dagger and had a small pup, it looked like a larger version of a wolf but far more fierce. She had picked it up and thought maybe she could tame it; so she would have some sort of companion if she never lived to see another human or any sort of humanoid creature.

That day she was sitting by a river cursing a little from cutting her leg and held a bit of cloth close to the wound on her leg. “I need to be more careful, right boy” she said to the male pup that yipped and gave a nod, they could understand more now. She kept the pressure on it and soon they both turn pulling her arrow the male pup put a paw on the wound to keep pressure on and growled furiously at the possible threat, no voice came from her at all.

Remaining silent she moved her hand back to put pressure on the wound and Nightmare, the black evolved wolf pup, who was rather bug for just a pup, standing at should he was up to her waist. He growled and stepped forward towards them, snapping his jaws; she limped over and looked to who stood before them.

Last edited by Rose for the Hunter on Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Primal Instinct Empty Re: Primal Instinct

Post by questor Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 pm

Fallor was a hybrid human. When things when to hell, and the world seemed to turn on mankind, there were those that had forseen things and prepared for the end of civilization as they knew it. There were those that thought the oceans were the way to go so they began experimenting with changing man to adapt to the sea and eventually succeeded in produing those that could breath water through gills yet also breath on the surface. More amphibian then fish like. They retained their human features but when in the water a web like flesh appeared between fingers and toes to help them swim. They became known as the Mer, after the mythical Mermaids or Merpeople.

Another thought was giving humans the ability to fly. They bones would have to be lighter, but strong so as not to break so easily if hit or from a fall. Finally they were able to produce humans with wings, hollow bones, but stronger ones. These human almost looked like angels, strong, muscular, slim and fit, with wings of brown or black feathers. They lived in carved out caves high up on mountains, more dwellings then caves. They had furniture and rooms, art work, and the like. They were the Avians

There were others. The scientists had all sorts of ideas and they had the means to research and produce what was necessary to adapt to the world that would come.

Fallor was an Avian. He was tall, slim but muscular, and handsome. He was out hunting like most of his tribe was. He carried a bow and arrow, a slim dagger, and a hunting knife for skinning his kills, and cutting it up so he could transport it back to the tribe. He wore a simple leather outfit. Leather leggings and a leather shirt, with soft leather shoes. He had been hunting and had killed what looked to be a cross between a dear and horse. He had skinned it, putting the soft pelt in one net and then had cut it up and put the pieces in other nets. It was to much to transport by himself so he hung a good chunk of it up in the trees. Before heading back he wanted to wash the blood from his hands and arms. He headed for the river to do so when he heard a voice and stopped as he saw a woman sitting there with a wolf like creature. His bow was in his hand instantly an arrow nocked as the wolf growled.

)(hope the post fits.)

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Having no tribe that wolf was her only companion, she looked to him notching her own arrow “Shoot him and I’ll shoot you” she said sternly, she was defiantly no hybrid. Holding the bow and arrow firmly in her grip she wasn’t one to hesitate. Growling the young wolf pup moved back and put pressure back on the wound as she kept her eye focused on Fallor and her arrow aimed towards him.

Lesson one: Never trust anyone and certainly not those you do not know.

Grey blue eyes watched every move with bits of long dark brown hair falling over her ivory skinned shoulders. Moving to her feet slowly with the wolves help she didn’t take her eyes away concerned for her friend at her feet, the young pup named Nightmare, its black pelt rubbing against her skin softly. No one knew how but her family had managed to avoid the scientists as had a few others, they did not like the idea so much, but they had slowly adapted on their own, learning the ways of the forest over time and passing them down.

“Put your bow down now and I will lower mine” she said simply “If not and you do shot my friend I’ll shoot you,” she said “Avian” Nightmare nudged her as if trying to tell her something, waiting until her lowered his bow, she lowered her slowly before she simply turned her back limping off to her hideout, it wasn’t too far and no one else was there anymore. Not after her parents left those 4 years ago.

(Actaully it does fit the topic... very well in fact)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Fallor watched the young wolf with a weary eye, as he looked the young woman over. He could see the wound which looked painful. "Lower my bow with such a beast present? I think that would be unwise." However he did ease up on the bow string and moved it slightly as not to point at either of them, but was ready to reaquire a target and lose at a seconds notice.

As she turned to leave, "Your wound looks painful." he said and just long enough to take out a small ceramic jar with a lid, he took his hand off the bow string. He scooted it across the rocks towards her. "This might help. It will help the wound heal and take away the pain." he then moved to the river, still keeping an eye on the two as he laid the bow and arrow down beside him as he began to wash the blood off of him, keep his deep blue eyes on the two all the while.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:13 pm

“He is my companion, he will not attack unless he is told or if either of me or him is threatened” she said bluntly keeping her distance, more cautious if anything. “and he is only a pup at that” she said still watching him, she looked to the jar sniffing the condense a little and even Nightmare jumped up almost making her fall as he did, to sniff at the condense. In his eyes she was his foster mother.

She moved a little to put some of it on her wounded leg after a bit, she wanted to get back to her isolated little home suddenly “Thank you” she said handing it back to him, Nightmare yipped running on ahead of her before heading to their home in the forest, the small shelter she had built within a tree, or rather in the hollow of one, it was huge.

During the Avian’s hunt one of them caught Nightmare, Taigi heard the howl and instantly went to help yelling at them “Let him go!!” she screamed angrily and shot and arrow at their feet “The next one won’t miss, I promise” she threatened looking to them. They looked a little shocked to see her though.
She notched another arrow and pulled her bow string back looking at the man who held Nightmare, "Now let him go" she said calmly. "Human..."one of them whispered almost shocked. "Let the pup go" seh shouted angrily, that impatience of hers getting the best of her.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Fallor took the jar of medicine back and replaced it in his pouch. He watched the wolf and human woman move off into the forest of large trees. He shook his head and went back to his small camp and gathered what he could to take back with him. He would return for the rest once he unloaded what he had. The older women of the tribe took the meat to cut it and dry some of it for later to cook it for thier next meal. Others were returning with more meat and the fruits of the forest, strange fruits but delicious. Mother Nature had changed things quite abit.

Fallor went back to the camp site to get the rest of the meat. He saw in the distance another group of Avians, a different tribe, as defined by the colors they wore. His leather tunic and breaches were died a green color, theirs were a red. A rival tribe that they often had clashes with. Leaving the meat where it was he flew towards the area they had landed. To his ears came a familar voice, quite angry now, and the growls of the wolf pup. He landed a bit off and walked the rest of the way. He could hear the human woman screaming at the Avians to let the wolf pup go. He knew this tribe quite well and they would not do so unless forced to.

He drew his bow and nocked an arrow, as he moved up behind them. He moved out into the small clearing, just outside of the tree line, "Turn and die." he told the five Avians. They knew that pharase quite well. He could see that a couple wanted to turn and do battle with him. "Please do." he told them, "I have not killed any of your tribe in a long time. Now do as the human female asks, and put the wolf pup down, and you may yet live to fight another day."

The one holding the wolf pup growled in anger and annoyance but let the wolf pup go. "There are five of us and one of you Tarker." the one that had the pup called out.

"Ah but you forget about the human female. I am sure she can take two of you out while I know as you do that I can shoot three of you before you can turn and draw your bows."

Again he growled in rage and annoyance, knowing that Fallor was right. "You win this time Tarker but we will meet again." With that he launched himself into the air followed by the others. Fallor watched them to make sure they didn't try to return by flying a distance and landing and walking in.

"I would suggest you leave this place. They will be back and they will not hesitate to kill you. I know of a place that you will be safe." He turned and began walking back to where he left the meat.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:00 am

Nightmare whimpered and went to Taigi when he was let go and yipped a little while she hugged him around the neck “You silly wolf” she whispered to Nightmare as she checked him over for anymore wounds looking to Fallor “Thank you, but I do not wish to leave my home, I’ve lived there my entire life and I do not plan to leave it” she said to him bluntly as she stood up “Also they didn’t take the meat you left here, lucky for you anyway” tucking a bit of hair back that had fallen out of the ponytail she usually had it in.

“But maybe we can take a look for future reference” she said and Nightmare still growled a little at Fallor while the young woman still kept a good distance from him the pup always staying between him and Taigi, who had lowered her bow and put the bow and arrow back in the makeshift quiver that rested on her back. She waited a little for him to show her where this safe place was so that if she or Nightmare got in too much trouble they could retreat there for a day or two.

“Why did you help us anyway?” she asked curiously, just wondering a little “and you are… who?” she asked simply looking at him, still a little cautious although t as much as she had been. “and they won’t kill me, I’d get away before that happens… somehow” she said not really having thought everything through.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:46 am

A stubborn human, he thought as she said that she was not going to leave her home. It wasn't much of a home and it was to accessable for his taste. To many wild animales that could have her for lunch roamed the forested world. Not that many could make it up to his home among the tribe in the caves on the mountain. She also didn't know Avians to well. They didn't give up, especially when they wanted something. It seemed that the leader of the Semar hunting band had wanted the wolf pup for some reason.

On the way to the place he had in mind, he checked on the meat he had hanging from a large tree branch. He would again have to return for it and take it back to the tribe. Being on foot he had his bow in hand and an arrow nocked and his eyes constantly scanned the forests underbrush and the trees for predators. The world was not like it had once been. His tribe still preserved pictures of the past world. It had been an amazing place. Well for him it seemed to have been.

The place he had in mind for her had been a part of that past. It was an underground structure that had survived and that he had used at times on extended hunts. It had four smooth walls that had once been a deep blue color but now ad faded. It had furniture in it, tables, straight back chairs and more recently some more comfort able stuffed chairs and a large couch that he had brought with the help of some of the men of his tribe. They liked thier comfort. It was roomy and the entrance had a metal door that could be closed and locked from the inside. At the back was another door that lead to a tunnel that lead to the surface some distance off.

"Name is Fallor of the Tarker Tribe." he told her as they finally made it to the hideaway. "This is used only by me on my longer hunts. So you will not have to worry about any of my tribe bothering you." He shugged his shoulders at her question about why he helped her. "The Semar tribe are an enemy of my tribe. Quite war like and they will be back and will kill you to take that wolf pup. Once they have a desire for something they will not stop till they are dead or have what they want. Even if you are fast at running, I doubt that you will escape them."

He took her inside lighting some lamps. Mirrors on placed in certain spots reflected the light giving the room a very well lit look. In one corner was a place to cook. Above was a chimmny like structure that funneled the smoke out a distance away, and it also served to heat the large room. "Secure and safe." he told her. He showed her the other exit and explained about it. "You can stay here at least until they think you have left your other place. Once they see your things gone from there they will only watch it for a few days to see if you return then assume you will not return."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:15 am

The black wolf stayed close and following hesitantly still she looked around the hidden tunnels when the lamps were turned on, the dim light was far more different than the sun and moonlight she was used to. “Taigi and this is Nightmare” she said, belonging to no tribe she could not give a second part of her name like he did, she wasn’t used to the things they had as comfort since they usually tried to remain completely hidden they made things themselves which were not as luxurious as people would think. She looked to the pictures of the past world with curiosity “So different” she said and rubbing its head under her hand for attention the pup whimpered.

This world was like two times merging together their formal world with the prehistoric or a civilised prehistoric age is what she called it. One thing she had kept though were books, she loved the stories and the new things she could learn from them, about the past world and the occasional ruins she found within the forest such as an old plane she had found that had crashed centuries ago.

“Why do they want Nightmare? He is nothing special just a wolf pup” she said simply and the pup nodded and licked her hand making her smile slightly as she turned her gaze to the pup. She had been training him to hunt so he could help her as well, after all the Mers had their underwater hunting style and the Avians could use the skill of flight to spot prey from above.

She used an old bit of dried vine to tied her hair back in a ponytail, she wasn’t entirely happy and did plan to go back so she could collect her favourite book at least and her old journal, she kept notes on loads of things in there such as animals, tribes and also on different sorts of remedies just encase she got herself in too much trouble.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:05 pm

"Why they want him? Unknown. We normally don't keep pets that need to be on the ground alot. They don't like the caves and the inability to get down to the ground on their own. Though it was known some captured wild animals to watch them fight each other for entertainment. His tribe frowned on the practice. To watch animal tear each other a part was not what they deemed entertaining.

He looked down at the pup, "He is strong and agile." Fallor told her, "I would guess that they wanted him to train to fight against other animals for entertainment. A loathsome practice some of the Avian tribes have come to do, as well as some of the other races." He then tured to the door. You can return to your other place and pick up what you need and return here. I would give it about a week before you return to your home for good."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:21 pm

“That’s clearly understandable since you lot fly” she said bluntly to him before she walked out to go get something’s she would need and she also didn’t plan on staying if she could help it, such a place would never feel like home to her. Walking outside Nightmare followed, heading back to their home she sighed picking up her journal and the old book she had wrapping them in her fur blanket and placing them in a contraption she had made for the pup to carry some things for her, in which he seemed more than pleased to do.

She didn’t actually head back until the night came tired the pair of them returned back to that ‘safe place’ for the night. Pulling the contraption off Nightmare she pulled her old blanket before she decided to settle herself on the couch pulling the old fur blanket over her to sleep while one hand rested on the pups scruff as he lay sprawled at the foot of the couch.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:08 am

Fallor left her there at the safe place and returned to get the meat. He returned to his tribe and gave it to those that would take care of it. When asked what had delayed him he simple said, "Semar." That was enough to be said. He returned to his cave with some of the meat and began cutting it into strips and hanging it up to dry out. He would use it on his hunts along with some dried fruits. He would cook fresh meat on long hunts, killing small game for that. As he prepared the meat, spicing it and hanging it up he wondered about the human female. It was really no concern of his. She was human after all. But it bothered him that the Semar would be back and trying to kill her and take her wolf.

He figured that they would wait till night to return, thinking that Taigi would return to her home thinking it safe by then. He flew out and took up a position in a tall tree that gave him concelement. He watched and sure enough he saw them heading her way. How predictable the Semar were it seemed. He launched himself into the air well behind them and slightly above them. He took his bow and nocked an arrow. Aiming at the last one, that was somewhat behind the others he let it loose. It took the Semar through the back and into the heart. He was dead instantly and fell with out a sound, to the ground below. Again and again he repeated the process, always taking the last. The fourth one made a sound though which caused the leader to look back.

Fallor only grinned as the Semar hovered, and knocked an arrow in his bow. The aireial game began. Fallor and the other Avian began a pattern of flight, trying to get the best angle and the best shot. The Semar shot at Fallor and missed and he shot back and missed. Fallor taunted the other, making fun of his skill and his desire to steal a human's pet. It worked and the Semar got angry and lost his concentration. A fatal mistake as one of Fallor's arrows ripped through his chest and out his back.

He then flew over the area of Taigi's home and saw her leaving with her wolf pet. There was no need for her to leave now but he let her go use his secure camp at least for the night, just in case the others had told any of their tribe about Taigi and her wolf. He decended and retrieved the bows and quivers of arrows and anything of value from the dead. The bodies he would leave for the scavengers of the jungle.

In the morning he perched himself in a tree a bit beyond the entrance of the safe camp, as he called it. With him he had brought some meat and some fresh fruit. He was sure she didn't have time to do any hunting the day before. For some reason he felt he should help the human female.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 am

When morning came and Nightmare stretched nosing Taigi under the blanket making her awaken slowly. Sitting up she suddenly heard Nightmare growling, looking to the mouth of the cave she put her stuff wrapped in the blanket and back onto Nightmare’s back before she carefully, cautious went outside and looked up to the tree “I’m still alive, if you’re wondering” she said Nightmare trotting out an licking her hand gently.

“I found a different safe spot but I could not reach there in the time I had before dark, so I’ll be leaving” She said to him, licking her lips a little since she was thirsty and planned to get a drink from the usual place before her and Nightmare went hunting for the day. They had not had much time yesterday because of all the commotion.

Nightmare jumped up and tugged the avian down gently nosing where he had the food “Nightmare..” she said pulling the wolf’s scruff “Sorry, we didn’t hunt yesterday, no time.” She said the pup whining and looking up to Taigi who scowled the young wolf and then gave an imitated snap showing the pup it wasn’t right to do such a thing. “You ok?” she asked knowing he had been a little rough when pulling him down from the tree.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 am

Fallor grinned and squatted down, "Yes this is for the two of you." he told the wolf pup. Then stood up and looked at Taigi. "I'm alright." he said. He handed her the wrapped up meat and fresh fruit and s skin of water. "You will not have to go to your other place. In fact you can return home now. The five Semar tried to return last night before you left. They will no longer be bothering you." he wondered why she was alone out in the jungle. He knew there were human tribes out there, those that had come from the ones that had refused to change and stay human.

"Where is your tribe?" he asked her. "It is not safe out here alone, not even for an Avian." In the distance he heard the roar of Twin Horned Saber Cat. One of the more deadly predators of the Jungle. It was one of the creatures created by the great genetic accident. Now the world had a strange range of creatures to include those that once lived on the planet. Some places had what use to be called dinosours. Giant reptiles that were slow but very dangerous and hard to kill.

He held out his hand to the wolf pup Nightmare so he could sniff it and get his scent. "There is enough there even for you." he told the wolf pup.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:05 am

She looked to the wrap and nodded “we might have to move soon anyway, there looks as though there could be floods this year so a place higher up would be better and the hollow in the tree doesn’t provide the best shelter” she said as Nightmare sniffed Fallor’s hands licking it once to confirm he had the scent and gave a wolfy grin.

He turned to the saber cat hearing it roar. Before Taigi answered “There isn’t a human tribe, My parents left when they got in a lot of trouble with one of the Mer tribes several years ago” she said bluntly, she did not seem to care that much. “Plus if they change their mind and decide to try again, they’ll know where to look and I plan to keep living for as long as I can” she said.

She had read about such creatures of the past in books, she never thought that they would return, no one did think but it made the world very dangerous. The young wolf when grown would be a form of protection and companion for her, she wasn’t going to let anyone take away the only company she ever had for the past few years.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 pm

"It is not good to be alone. You should belong to a tribe, where you will have some measure of protection." he told her. "Where is the tribe that your parents belonged to? Surely they will welcome you." As Nightmare licked his hand he smiled. "Even if your parents did something to the Mer, they usually do not hold a grudge for long."

There were only a couple of human tribes in the region that lived near the ocean that they could have been from. "Until you decide on that...." he broke of a long branch from a tree and trimmed it. The plucked some feathers from his wings and tied them to the slender branch with a strip of leather. He then wetted it down so that the leather would shrink in the heat and the sun and make the feathers stay. "Place this outside your home. It will be a warning to other Avian tribes that you are being looked after by my tribe." Well him anyways. The others probably would not care one way or another about her. "If you are in trouble and need help, dip an arrow into this and light it. Send it as high as you can. The burning will be seen for a long way and any of my tribe that sees it will inform me of it."

With that he looked down at the wolf pup and cautiously moved a hand to its head and scratched it behind one of its ears. "Keep a watchful eye out." he told the pup and streached his wings and leaped up beating his wings, taking to the air.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:22 pm

“There was never a human tribe, we were scattered out, it was pure luck my parents even met” she said to him, “In other words my family has never belonged to one” she said bluntly and looked to what he had handed her “Why are you even helping me this much?” she asked before heading to her old home she grabbed a few more things before she headed to the shelter she had found higher up, an abandoned cave.
Placing the feathered leather outside the cave her and the pup walked inside and settled in, chewing on the food they were given before they headed back down to the forest, She taught the pup how to hunt, slowly but made sure he got it right since he’d be helping her in the future. She was careful not to disturb any other tribe, making sure that if she did see others her and Nightmare hid in shadows. She felt as though they had treaded on another’s territory with the amount of humanoids here.

Sighing when they found a body of water Nightmare began swimming around, wagging his tail and yipping before dragging Taigi in making her swim up gasping for air. “Nightmare, don’t ever do that!” she said to the pup making him whine before licking her cheek and she swam to the edge a little annoyed. The crashing water made her have to shout over them, this was one place she was usually found since it did seem peaceful to her. She soon stood under the falls the wash some of the dried mud and dirt from her skin and to wash her hair a little. "Much better" she smiled.

Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 am

Never a tribe, now that was a bad thing. He didn't answer her question on why he was still helping them. He didn't know why himself. She still should seek out one of the human tribes. At least she would have others of her kind to talk to and interact with so she would not be lonely. A wolf pup was not the answer to companionship. If she got sick there was no one there to help her, the wolf would not be able to, or if she was seriously injured she could die.

It seemed that when nature turned against mankind, humans were distrustful of others, especially those that were changed to adapt to the new world that was forming. Even among themselves, those that did not go through one of the changes. Necessity though brought some together. Protection against the strange predetors that now roamed the world, or just surviving. He returned home and spoke with some of the others as they returned from their hunts. They agreed to tell him if they saw the signal.

As Taigi washed her hair and Nightmare played, another was watching from the underbrush. Another human. There was desire in his eyes and a lustful look on his face. Civalization had crumbled and the world was more or less thrown back to the prehistoric days. Gone were the wonders of technology and many of the governments, and their laws that protected people. Now it was what ever the tribal chief decreed as law, and that varied from tribe to tribe. The man watching her was from one of the tribes close to the ocean. He had ventured inland to hunt and do a bit of exploring for his tribe. Mostly to see if there were other tribes that they could raid and take women and other things from.

He now watched her, thinking how he would look bringing such a prize back to the tribe. He took out a long hollow reed tube and incerted a dart like object in one end and moved the tube to his mouth. First he targeted the wolf pup. It would be a problem trying to get the woman. Blowing in one end the dart emerged from the other and hit the wolf pup in the neck. In a few seconds he slumped to the ground asleep. Then the man again put a dart into the blow gun and aimed at Taigi and sent it flying towards her.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:31 am

She heard a splash and turned instantly to Nightmare, she looked around swiftly before she went to the wolf and pulled Nightmare on land, pulling the dart out she looked to it, “Not the Avains, even I know that” she whispered. She knew her basics on the tribes at least and this looked like it was from a human tribe. She did not notice the dart heading towards her more worried about her friend, “Nightmare wake up” she whispered noticing Nightmare was asleep she still worried it meant someone was near and that made her nervous, hit by the dart she slumped onto the ground beside the wolf sleeping deeply and unaware of what was happening.

It was sometime before Nightmare awoke without Taigi there and whined, beginning to try and sniff her out the pup whimpered and headed back to the cave searching round giving a pup bark before he noticed she wasn’t there and then went to the signal and sniffed it, he could not send the signal, sniffing the signal to catch the scent of the avian that had given it to his friend, he then began to try and find the avian whimpering and cowering when he reached the edge of the lands waiting and watching for any signs of Fallor, he remembered the scent very well. How could he not since he was the only other person apart from Taigi whose scent he knew.

Spotting the avain he barked and jumped out yipping and whimpering as if trying to tell him something, soon sitting back on his haunches and lifting up his front paws in a begging sort of position a way of showing he would not attack and yipped again, not knowing how to explain since he could not talk, as he staying in front of Fallor.

Last edited by Rose for the Hunter on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 am

Fallor stood on the cliffs overlooking the jungle. The caves were behind him. His tribe was now all back and doing various things. Some were making more arrows, sharpening the blades of weapons, streaching the hides of the animals they killed so they could dry and then be used to make clothing. Women cooked food and talked, and some were stiching together prepared hides for more clothing. Below he first heard the yipping and wimppering of Nightmare. He looked down and saw the wolf jumping around but did not see Taigi.

One of the other huntsmen looked down and drew an arrow back to shoot the wolf. Fallor put a hand on the man's arm and shook his head. "He is a friend." Fallor told him and then glided down tot he the ground. He squatted down before the nervous and excited pup. He reached out a hand and stroked the animals head. "What is it Nightmare? Where is Taigi?" He scanned the jungle but could not see her. It did not feel right, having the wolf pup there and she not be with him. "Is she in trouble?" he asked. The pup seemed intelligent enough to understand some things.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 am

Nightmare nipped him softly on his hand before sitting down as if to say follow he took a step forward and looked back to Fallor and barked. After leading him there he sniffed around the falls and found the small dart that had been pulled out of him and carefully picked it up and handed it to Fallor giving a bark before he did a circle and then sat down; The pup thought carefully and then pretended to drop down and fall asleep and then waking up looking around, trying to tell Fallor what he remembered.

He whimpered and his tail lowered, some footprints were in the ground and they were not Taigi's of pups either. But pup did not know what to do, hence why he went to get Fallor. Nightmare lifted his head to the avian as if listening, showing some respect to him , more than he first did anyway.

Taigi soon awakened and looked around herself confused “Nightmare, where are you?” she whispered looking around still a little drowsy from the sleeping dart. She didn’t like this one bit, she was inside some strange place and wanted to get out. Standing up she fell against the wall waiting a little more before she began walking again and used a hand to help her. “That was stop sleeping stuff” she muttered. Soon she raised her head to the sky as she walked outside, “where on earth am I?” she whispered. She had figured out that Nightmare wasn’t with her otherwise the pup would be nuzzling and licking her by now.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:41 am

Tugar picked Taigi up and heafted her up over his shoulder. He took his spear and tucked the blow gun into a rope about his waist that served as a belt. He then left the waterfall and made his way back to his village. Once he exited the jungle he stood more erect and swaggered into the villiage with Taigi over his shoulder, looking as if he was a conquering hero or something. He placed Taigi in a hut that was used to keep prisoners. he then went to brag about his exploit, exzagerating quite a bit about having to fight a number of her tribesmen to get her.

As soon as Taigi tried to emerge from the hut, two guards barred her way with their spears. "Back inside." one ordered and pushed her back into the hut." The hut was circular in construction, made of woven vines and mud. Fresh cut tall grass covered the floor and filled a soft hide cover that was sewn together to make a matress. It lay on the floor. From the entrance of the hut, one could see several more that was not to far from the jungle edge on a grassy area before the beach and ocean.

Fallor watched the wolf's antics and followed him back to the water falls. He took the dart and smelled it. The smell told him what it was. It was the extract of a plant that grew in the jungle. His people used it to help injured people sleep so they could heal properly. The stuff on the tip of the dart was a more potent form of it and would put someone to sleep almost immediately. The foot prints told him it was a man of a good size that had taken Taigi. "Alright Nightmare." he patted the wolf's head. "We'll find her and get her back from those that took her."

Above he heard the flapping of wings and quickly looked up. Two of his tribe were decending to him. When they landed, one asked. "What are you doing?"

"A ..... Friend is in trouble and I intend to help her." he told them

They looked at the wolf and then Fallor. "A human? It is none of our concern my friend." he said.

"But it is, at least to me. She was under my protection. I gave her a totem of protection." Fallor told them. "I am honor bound to fullfill that protection."

The two Avians looked at each other and then Fallor. "Then we will come with you. You are our friend and it would only be fitting to help you." the one that had spoke before told Fallor. Fallor smiled and nodded then with bow in hand began to track the human that had taken Taigi. It seemed that the man didn't care about the trail he had left. A careless mistake on his part.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:55 am

Taigi jumped and looked to the pair of them clearly not happy about it, she turned her back and went back inside, and she looked outside through the entrance past the guards and saw other huts. As far as being with other humans was concerned this was certainly something that pushed towards going back to her isolated life deep within the jungle again, she pulled her knees up to her chest thinking. She still had her bow and arrows with her, one more mistake he had although the arrowheads were blunt.

Nightmare yipped happily wagging his tail, being around Taigi from a very young age he could understand a lot more than most others of his kind. He followed Fallor wherever he went while not with Taigi, he cowered seeing the other two, growling a little more scared of them if anything but listened pricking his ears up. He cocked his head to one side looking to Fallor a little confused hearing words he did not know of.

Nightmare sniffed the ground catching that strange man’s scent and followed the tracks on the ground finding it extremely easy to follow the scent of any creature, like he had been taught and picked up a few arrows that had fallen from her quiver, the distinct feathers she used alerted him to that they were hers and he picked them up in his mouth and kept trotting ahead, the scent fresh in his nose. Stopping slowly and looked for the others looking to the sky as well just encase they were flying.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:29 am

Fallor and the other two, William and Jacob kept to the ground for the time being. It was a lot easier tracking that way. Fallor took the arrows from Nightmare and added them to his quiver as they were found. "That's it Nightmare, keep the scent. We will find her." he gave the wolf pup encouragement. The wolf was smart and loyal, which gave Fallor something to think on. Though they could not fly, wolves could be trained to hunt and track. They could be taught also to stay in a certain area below the cliffs that held the caves of the tribe. Perhaps make a Den for them there so that they would have shelter and a place to stay.

The tracks and trail lead towards the ocean and soon enough they could see ahead the huts of a village surrounded by a wood pallisade. It would keep animals out and perhaps other humans, but not Avians. He looked at his friends and nodded for one to go left and the other to the right. They moved off in the directions indicated. Fallor would come from the middle. "Ok Nightmare, you go for the entrance of the village." he pointed to where two more men stood with spears. It was an opening in the wooden palisade, the only way in from the ground.

When his friends were in position, they gave a certain bird call and all three of them leaped up into the air and took flight and came flying towards the village, from three different directions. Women and children screamed in fear as they went running for shelter. Men came running armed with spears and bows. But they had to seperate into three groups, which thinned thier ability to fire arrows in a concentrated volley. They also had to try and shoot a moving target that could dive, climb or change direction and fire back. Some tried and failed. Fallor and his two friends only had to fire at them and hit close to them to make them jump or move.

They had them running here and there. Then the three began to circle. That brought out their chief who told everyone to lower their weapons. He looked up at the three and held up his hands in a sign of peace and desire to talk. As William and Jacob continued to fly over head. Fallor decended and landed in front of the Chief. "What do you want Avian?" the chief asked.

"You hold a friend of mine prisoner. I want her back. She is under my protection. If you do not want trouble from my tribe you will release her immediately."

The Chief nodded to a couple men and they took off to the hut Taigi was in.

The chief looked about and at the other two circling. Trouble with the Avians would indeed be bad.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:42 am

Nightmare looked to where he pointed before he headed in that direction and snuck through silently not alerting them in the slightest and gave a light smirk when he did pass sniffing the ground he found Taigi and dug at the ground behind the hut. He flicked his ears at the screams and hid himself, yipping a little, but quietly. Taigi hearing the small yips smiled a little “Nightmare…” she whispered “How did you get here?” she whispered leaning her head back. She gave a frown seeing two men walking into the hut she was in and pulled her to her feet. She snatched her arms from them, “I can walk myself” she said bluntly. Nightmare soon went back to Fallor barking and wagging his tail.

The man who had found and brought her back looked terribly annoyed at them, she was his prize and now it was being taken. Taigi walked out tucking hair behind her ears and kneeled down, Nightmare walked over and nuzzled her whimpering “lever boy” she whispered. She raised her gaze to Fallor “Thank you…” she said, that question still remained as to why he was helping her. Nightmare then ran behind Fallor and picked her arrows from his quiver carefully before handing them back to her as she stood up. Taking them from the wolf’s mouth she put them back in her own.

“Wait a minute, how do we even know that is true” he shouted determined before the chief made him be quiet, he glared a little and Nightmare snapped at him getting a light tug on the ear from Taigi who scowled “No growling” she said sternly.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum