The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fragile Dreams (Reserved)

2 posters

Go down

Fragile Dreams (Reserved) Empty Fragile Dreams (Reserved)

Post by Rose for the Hunter Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:12 pm

It had been years since the last building was built, so very long since the world had ended this way, since the world had been in such pain and since so many of the creatures in this world had died. It had changed so very much now. The crumbling buildings were the shelter for those lost souls that remained scattered over decaying, dying world around them all. But strangely this new world was so eerily beautiful.

Hey, must everything in this world change?
Tell me, is there nothing left in this heart to express?
In the depth of night, morning awaits, and the day repeats.

She searched through the buildings her search was not over, she had seen someone only a few days ago and she was determined to find them no matter what, walking through the city with nothing but an old note book, a weak flash light and an old broom for defence she trudged on through the hauntingly stunning world to find them. She wished so dearly for some sort of company just someone to talk to. There were days when the silence would get to her and she wished for a friend.

Hey, even if one day our promise will be forgotten
Oh, how I wish for this song to reach you
From the end, to a new beginning, these tears greet the day.

She heard voices, they were here, the haunting ghosts of the dead that could grab the living, but these ones were worse… they were so much worse. She held her breath and watched… that person was taken there into that strange building before she heard a blood curdling scream making tears drop from her eyes. She couldn’t understand why at all, suddenly she was spotted, jerking she ran from there as quickly as she could. Her lungs gasping for air as she hurried over the fallen beams and shattered glass as well as the pieces of building scattered across the fresh earthy ground that had grown over the cold, hard concrete.

Far away, Far away, the shadows of days past yearn for light
Far away, Far away, I hold onto that delicate shimmer
The ever-shifting, ever-changing, light and shadow,
Just what awaits us... beyond them?

Panting once she was safe she stoped her mind and body unable to take the lonliness anymore she kicked some rubble furiously but knew it would never help. Sighing she began walking through the crumbled and still crumbling world before her. She lifted her head soon able to see what she thought was another person and walked towards it, moving a hand and touching their skin as if checking it wasn't a dream "Are you ok?"she asked them.

(Note: Basically just a male character of any sorts, furry, vampire, werewolf... anything will do really, I'm not that picky, as for plot... it's basically just winging it really so if you join this topic remember to feel free to introduce your own ideas into it as well..Smile )
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Fragile Dreams (Reserved) Empty Re: Fragile Dreams (Reserved)

Post by Dave Strider Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Fragile Dreams (Reserved) GodDaveIt
.: Dave Strider :. .:turntechGodhead :.

How long had it been since the world had ended, Dave had been young, very young. He remembered growing up in the little shit hole of a building that his big brother had found for them. His big brother had protected him from everything as the world started to fall to hell. He had to have been eleven at the time. Disease was spread, some sort of molecular warfare or something of the likes. Bro had told Dave when he was young that Striders didn’t get sick; that he was going to be fine, that he wasn’t going to let anything happen to his little brother.

Bro vanished one day. Dave had turned fourteen not that long before hand. The night before Bro had told him that he would keep an eye on everything; he would stick on the roof and make sure that no one would come by. Dave had been young and he hadn’t understood. Earlier that day they had seen a small group of men who looked savage, they were loud and they were scary and even though they made Dave nervous he didn’t let his Bro know that. Bro never showed up after that night though. Dave woke up in the morning to look for him but didn’t find him anywhere.

That was just over two years ago. Dave was still as sure as ever that his Bro was still out there somewhere, and he could continue to believe that until he found a corpse. Bro was invincible; nothing could defeat him, especially not some little apocalypse. Disease and famine had been nothing for this man who had been trained in martial arts and sword fighting. He had taught Dave everything he knew, and he knew a lot, Dave had seen it all first hand.

When he turned sixteen Dave was at a complete lose he was desperate to find his Bro, the solitude was starting to get to him. He had never been a very social person but he had never been completely alone. But now here he was. He started to get himself into real trouble, getting caught by rouge patrols or rouge animals. There were some pretty deadly groups out there, the few people that were left were crazed, they hadn’t had a rock like he had. They didn’t have any money and they wanted to beat it out of the other people who don’t have any money either. If they could find other people that is. People were incredibly scarce now, it was difficult to find more than one person at a time and even then they were usually completely crazy.

One of these little troubles he ended up getting himself into ended up going a lot worse than he thought it would.

Fragile Dreams (Reserved) MiFV

Dave had been looking around, he was probably an hour and half’s walk away from his house, he had seen some sort of activity from the roof in this area and he was going to investigate it. He could tell they were capturing people, taking them away, and as much as he doubted his Bro would get captured by people like this he needed to check it out.

He held a sword at his side as he walked closer, these guys… they moved like wraiths. They had captured a girl, he could hear her screaming. It was horrible and he couldn’t stand listening to it. Bro wasn’t there. There was no way. He turned to leave, climbing over rubble and fallen beams. He pushed his pointed sunglasses up his nose and looked up. One of them stood in front of him. His jaw locked and he went to take a step back but there was another one behind him.

The one who stood in front of him let out a horrible screech and Dave covered his ears just as one of them lunged at him. He moved and fumbled his sword coming short of striking it. Nails that felt like claw tore down his shoulder, tearing into the red sleeve of his shirt and drawing blood.

He swung his sword but it was dodged so easily that it looked as though it had passed right through him. And then he was thrown to the ground. The two figures leaned over him, as though examining him. Dave opened his eyes. His sunglasses had fallen off and his crimson eyes were wide and full of all the fear he felt. But they didn’t move any closer they looked to one another before taking off again, leaving Dave bleeding and broken, leg trapped under what looked like part of a rafter from an old warehouse.

He groped around for his sunglasses. They were broken and chipped but still wearable. He slipped them back up his nose concealing his crimson hues before he let himself slump down on the ground. He couldn’t bring himself to move. Fear still clung to him and he felt his fingers shaking. He tightened them into fists and tried to calm himself down, his eyes slipping shut again and his head hitting the ground behind him.

Fragile Dreams (Reserved) Mit0

Someone touched him, it was a soft touch but it woke him up. He hadn’t even realized he had fallen asleep where he was lying. His head jerked slightly as he lifted it. He opened his eyes and looked up at the person who had approached him. But it was dark. It was nearly pitch black outside and his sunglasses made him almost literally blind, all he could see was a darkened silhouette.

“’m fine…” Dave said pushing himself up into a sitting position. He winced, his shoulder was killing him. His shirt stuck to where his blood had dried. His fingers were still clutching at the hilt of his katana tightly. “Sh-shit…” he hissed putting a hand to his shoulder. He tried to move but quickly realized his leg was still stuck.

“Not that fine…” He was mumbling his words. He wasn’t used to talking to people so his voice was quiet and his Texan accent was thicker than it used to be. Mulling over all the memories of his brother the Texan accent was all he ever heard, it was no surprise it was coming back. He ran a hand through his light blond hair and looked around. Those creepy guys were gone and Dave himself had calmed down considerably. Alright, it was time to get the fuck out of there.

“I’d like to ask ya who ya are, before askin’ ya to help me outta this.” He said smirking a little bit despite the pain he was in. “The name’s Dave. Dave Strider.”

((I hope this is fine... I sort of just... went with it...))
Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-06-13

http://alterego.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:44 am

"My name is Sayuri" she said slipping her old broom under what had fallen on his leg "Try to slip your leg from under" she said to him, she had dark brown hair tied back in a long ponytail and her hues, they were both a different colour, one brown adn one blue. She put pressure on the other broom putting her flash light down, she managed to lift ti up a little, not much but was still enough for him to get his leg from under what had fallen on it. "Surely you know to be careful in these times" she said and shook her head a little after he had pulled his leg free moving the broom away quickly and the whole thing crashed back onto the ground.

"Stay still and don't move" she said taking charage and looking over his leg "Don't think anythings broken, let's move before they come here" she said helping him up leading the way once more and helping him if he needed it as she led the way to her small base after picking up the flash light. Her base was insie a rather stable old house in one room that hid them well from everything. There was a small firepit she had created, blankets in the corner and food was kept in a freezer to make it last longer. "Here we are" she said and lt him sit tossing him a blanket since it was getting cold.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 am

“Sayuri…” He muttered it to himself and nodded slowly. He felt the weight lift off of his leg and he let out a sigh as he slipped it out from underneath and pulled it up close to his body, running his fingers over his pants. He pulled the leg of his jeans up and ran his finger over the skin on his leg, it was going to bruise but it didn’t feel like anything was broken which was definitely a relief. He pulled the pant leg back down covering up his pale skin again as Sayuri spoke about how he needed to be more careful.

“Yeah… I know what I’m doing. I’m not about to rush into things that I can’t do.” He muttered, his voice still very quiet, but this was probably as loud as his voice would get. He shook his head before running his hand through his light blond hair with a sigh. She told him to stay still so she could take her turn in looking over his leg. She told him nothing he didn’t already know but it was sort of nice to hear someone confirming this lucky break. “Yeah…” He said as she helped him to his feet. He wasn’t usually one to let someone help him like this but he had learned in the past few years that it was rare if not impossible to find someone who would actually help a person out. This rarity sort of interested him so he went with her.

She led him to a house that looked quite a bit more stable than a lot of the place around here. Probably even more stable than the house Dave lived in on the other side of town. It was a lot more hidden then where Dave was too. He sat down by the fire pit and she threw a blanket over to him. He nodded his thanks and wrapped it over his shoulders clutching it tightly beneath his chin.

“How long… have you been out here…? You look surprisingly set…” He asked looking around.

Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:25 am

She looked up having wrapped the other blanket around ehrelf after settling down and cooking some of the food over a fire sinc ethey both needed to eat reguardless. "I've been here for.. well since the whole thing started, well almost a few weeks after it started my parents were taken so I had to mvoe and foudn this place, they've never even come near here seems this place is of no interest to them so best to stay put in a palce you know is safe" she nodded "How long were you in that area for, I searched throughthat place last month and found no one there?" she asked him. She had quite pale skin as well she watched the dancing fire with her mimatched eyes before moving a bit of dark hair from her face.

He was actually the first... living human or creature she had seen in a long time, maybe years so she was enjoying the company although her socail skills were minamal because of no contact with living creatures for some time, such things do slowly dimish. Sighing she soon took of the two cans of soup and dug out some spoons from ehr pouch "eat up, better warm than cold" she said handing him a can.

Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Dave nodded as she explained her situation. She must be pretty pleased to have someone to talk to, Dave couldn’t blame her. It had been weeks since he had seen a living human being in the area. First time in years he had seen one that wasn’t completely crazy. He wondered how she did it, how she managed to stay sane for as long as she did all by herself like this.

“I haven’t ever been in that area before… I might’ve been there since morning.” He said with a shrug watched as she cooked food for the both of them. “I live a couple hours walk away from here… And I’ve lived there since I was born… my Bro,” he let out one short chuckle, “my Bro was too stubborn to let a little thing like the apocalypse kick us out of our house.” His eyes showed how sad he was but they were hidden behind his sunglasses. The visible portion of his face showed no emotion whatsoever.

He took the can of soup that was handed to him nodding his thanks again before pulling it close to his body. He decided to finally look her over; she did look as though she had lived out here for a while. But it was her eyes that drew Dave in. They were different, different in many senses of the word. He and his Bro had strangely coloured eyes. Dave’s irises are a very bright shade of red, maybe a little bit lighter than the colour of blood; Bro’s eyes were a fiery orange colour. Both of them hid their eyes with sunglasses though. The difference from everyone else made them nervous, despite their outwardly calm and cool demeanour.

He swallowed down a couple spoonfuls of soup before looking back at the young woman who had saved him today. “Hey, how old are you?” Dave asked. The Texan accent he had had for a while was slowly ebbing away, sounding more and more Northern with every word. This was how he used to talk before he had no reason too. “You don’t really look like you could be that much older than me.” He mused with a small shrug bringing another spoonful of soup to his lips.

Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:02 pm

She was getting anoyed at his sunglasses and yanked them off his face "Shesh you can see better without these on" she said not caring much for the strange colour of his eyes, hers were strange enough so she wasn't fussed. "There now how much more clearly can you see?" she asked him "and I'm 16 years old" she said bluntly "What about you?" she asked still holding his glasses in her hands putting them to oneside. She had turned the flash light off needing to save batteries since they were hard to find in this world. She leaned back on the wall behind her and sighed enjoying the warm soup, plus it was nice to have some company after so long and eating with another person was a change to. eating the soup happily she savoured every taste, rarely coming across something so delicious.

(sorry brain fart)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Dave’s eyes widened and then immediately shut as she pulled his shades off of his face. His eyes cracked open only slightly and he managed to get all the emotion off of his face. Not showing emotion was another thing his brother had taught him. And those shades were something else his brother had given to him. And now they were in this stranger’s hands. And it was making Dave’s heart beat like crazy.

He couldn’t bring his eyes off of the ground in front of him. His red eyes locked firmly on his shoes. He chanced a glance up to look at his sunglasses still in her hand. He went to talk and he stuttered, “I-I… I could see fine w-with them.” He muttered. Despite how much he wanted them back though, he did not reach for them; he realized quickly that he still needed to regain a lot of his cool before he could make his move to get his sunglasses back.

He paused; he didn’t say anything at all. “I’m sixteen as well.” His voice was even again, still quiet but he didn’t stutter. He glanced up as he saw Sayuri put his glasses off to the side and quick as he could, which was quite fast, he reached over and took them back. He didn’t put them on right away. He hooked them in the front of his shirt instead. “So… you didn’t have anyone after your parents left? I… couldn’t picture living by myself in a world like this…” he brought another spoonful of soup to his mouth, letting out a content sigh as it slid down his throat. He didn’t think he would be able to remember the last time he had a decent meal.

He was still a little nervous about not having his eyes covered but she hadn’t said anything about them yet. And really he didn’t know why he was freaking out about having his eyes shown like this… he was just conditioned to it by now. He wondered what his brother would do in this situation, and he had the urge to simply get up and go looking for him again. The only way he could fend off this urge was to eat another spoonful of soup and lock his eyes on his dirty red shoes again.

Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:11 am

"Your eyes are fine, mine are just as strange so it doesn't matter plus who has time to fuss about how others look in this chaos?" she asked when he took his glasses back "yeah, I didn't have anyone besides my parents, my yougner sister had died the year before so, I had to learn by myself on hwo to survive here, it's a lot easier than you think, just need to think clearly" she nodded and relaxed back finishing her soup and putting the can to one side. "Why do you mind so much anyway? nothing wrong with having strange eyes, atleast yours are the same colour" she frowned. She didn't like hers they were strang enad she had been picked on because of them in the past but now, there was really no one to pick on her because of them.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Dave had to think about how to reply to that comment on his eyes. People were scared of his eyes when he was young, they thought he was weird and he thought his eyes were scary. People would tease him about it but would run away whenever these sharp eyes of his were turned to anyone. The sunglasses protected that. And now… he didn’t know what they were protecting. “Doesn’t matter about judgment… I don’t care what other people think…” he said, trying to convince himself.

She quickly left the subject alone answering Dave’s question about her being alone. He was impressed he had to admit that. But her explanation gave him time to think more about the reason he kept his glasses even now. He guessed maybe they acted as some sort of security blanket but more than that they hid his emotions. He, over the years, had gotten very good at getting rid of all the emotion from his face, but he had never had to try with his eyes. It made them very expressive, the only way to read his thoughts.
“I mind because they keep my emotions hidden, I guess it don’t have anything to do with my eye colour anymore…” He explained with a shrug. “Gotta hide my emotions. Showing emotion is a weakness.” He explained with a shrug pulling his sunglasses off the front of his shirt and sliding them back up his nose. “I can’t have weaknesses, that ain’t cool.” He said. Yeah, that’s it. Striders’ were cool and he had to stay cool. Like his Bro.

Again he fought off the urge to get up and go look for him more by downing more of the soup. It was gone faster than he would have liked but he learned not to be picky anymore, he couldn’t afford it. No one could. He put the can down beside him and pulled the blanket back up to his chin. The fabric rubbing against his shoulder reminded him that it had been cut open. But he didn’t say anything about it. He didn’t flinch he just pretended it wasn’t there.

Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:31 am

"Such a silly answer, you can't hide emotions for one they can be read through body language as well as through the eyes." she said "and who cares about being cool in these times" she said rolling her eyes a little, she ahd been picked on for her mismatched eyes but hadn't cared in the slightest, she just ignored them. she looked to him breifly noticing something was wrong adn went over tugging the blanket off gently and looking at his shoulder frowning."Tell people if your hurt it'll hurt a lot more if it gets infected you know" she said to sternly before she begn cleaning it out carfully and bandaged it up taking his glasses off his head again.

"and it's rude to wear glasses inside ifthey are not perscription glasses" she said bluntly before settling back down and finished her own soup silently and yawned rather tired from the days evernts. "Look just get some sleep and relax got it?" she asked before she setted herself down curled up like a dog with ehr back turned to him before hse got to sleep.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Strider Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:35 am

Dave was offended, but he wouldn’t let it show. He stayed completely still, his back still slouched in that carefree manner. The only thing his body would give away was that 1. He was cold. 2. That his shoulder stung. “S’cuse me, but I have perfect control over my body. I’m not about to let it betray me like my eyes do.” He said, okay, his voice sounded a lot more offended than he would have liked it to, but she was starting to piss him off. “I had the best teacher when it comes to that shit. Man was completely void of emotion from head to toe.”

He let her look at his shoulder and watched her, “I’ve dealt with worse.” He said when she mentioned that he should speak up when he was hurt. “It won’t get infected.” He said but he didn’t stop her cleaning it, and he was starting to calm down again as she bandaged it before she took his shades again.

He snatched them back from her and held them close to his body, glaring at her with intense red hues, “Same guy who taught me how to be expressionless gave these shades to me. So stop fucking touching them.” He said, his voice a tad more frantic than he would have liked, “I don’t care if it’s rude to wear them inside. ‘Case you haven’t noticed I’m one rude mother fucker.” He stated slipping them back on his face. He glanced down at his sword which was laying a few inches from his side. Yeah, the next time she touched his shades he was going to cut her good. “I’ve worn these every day since I was just a kid, no person or persons ever got me to take ‘em off before. Not one’s going to stop now.”

When she curled up to go to sleep Dave wasn’t sure what to do with himself. He was tempted to leave. He couldn’t stay here for long and he swore if he woke up and his sunglasses weren’t on his face he was cut her thieving arms off and leave her for dead. In the end he gave in to his need to sleep and curled up, his back facing hers. He didn’t fall asleep for a long while but after half an hour or so of laying around his did eventually drift off.

Dave Strider
Dave Strider

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:09 pm

The next morning she hadn't even touched his glasses getting the point to just pretty much leave him be, waking up she put the fire out and checked her flash light before picking up the old broken broom she carried aroudn for defense, it was better than nothing in her opinion."Why would oyu want to be expresionless?" she asked him when he did wake up, "Anyway ifyou wishto beleft alone fine,I'm heading out, feel free to stop by if you wish" she said sort of hoping to have him as mroe permanent company "and sorry about last night, it's just, I've never met anyone in the past few years my socailskills aren't asgood as they used to be" she said "Have good travels adnI hoep you find what your looking for". She began heading out careful with each step keeping the flashlight on ahnd since they seemed to hate the bright light of the bulb. "Better fidn some batteries" she muttered to herself
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down