The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collision Course

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Collision Course - Page 2 Empty Re: Collision Course

Post by LadyRaven Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Marcus nodded in understanding as Lucy simply got off her stool and went to collect her bag. Michael, unsure at first, decided to follow his sister. That left Marcus, Nicholas and Jean with Alexin. Jean had made it clear she was not going with her husband. In fact, she had all but condemned them all for wanting this. The only person that had not spoken yet was Nicholas. And it didn't seem that he would at first as he got off his stool and moved to the sink. Marcus finally sat down again and started drinking a mug of coffee that had been left behind. Jean moved to the far side of the room. "I am not allowing this to happen." She said firmly. "You, me, and our kids are getting on our ship and we are going to Vega. The Kar...Karvell...whatevers, can do whatever the hell they like. But you are not taking my family to their world, understood?"
Marcus put his mug down and shook his head. "You're missing the point, Jean." He said quietly, "These people have the best chance at helping us, don't you understand that? The Ambassador's ship is far more advanced than anything we have and their technology could be the key to helping us start again on Vega. Lucy has made a huge impact and because of her, he's willing to help us. Like she said, we can help create a peaceful coexistance. Imagine what we can do together, honey."
Jean spun on the spot, "Don't you dare call me that!" She spat, "and don't you dare think that I'll agree with you either. If you even think of taking his side against your own wife, then that's it. Done. Understand?" She then stormed from the room with Nicholas hot on her heels.

After a few minutes, he turned around to face Marcus. "I'm sorry for her behavior." He said. "She doesn't understand the weight of it all. She doesn't even like other kinds of human. All I can say is, I'm sorry." he took a deep berath, "But I also know what is good for my family. Lucy is the best at what she does and she does a lot of things, Ambassador. Though I can't speak for my entire family, I can definitely say that I agree with you and so does Lucy. If my wife and Nicholas won't come with you, it is their choice. As for Lucy, myself and Michael, we are willing to go."

Just then, Lucy returned with Michael. Both had their bags with them, well, two large suitcases each and Lucy had a rather large box to take as well.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Alexin nodded to what Marcus said and when Lucy and Michael came bac in, he said, "Then I suggest that we get going." He picked up some of the stuff that Lucy had brought. "I guess we should go to your ship and pick up what you have there. My shuttle can transport what ever you wish to my ship and there is plenty of cargo space to put it." He nodded to Lucy and walked out of their home carring some of the luggage they had. It would not take long to get things going.

It seemed they would have to take the pods again to the hanger and from there take the shuttle to the his ship and retrive what ever they wanted to take from it. Placing the luggage in the pods he entered one. He let Lucy and the others engage the vehicles and after awhile they were once back at the hanger. "Where to sir?" he asked as he helped move their luggage to the shuttle. Then he asked Lucy, "Do you have to contact your Attourney General and tell him what you are doing?"

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Marcus was quick to collect his things and then as he was leaving the house, Jean appeared at the front window. She was talking to someone on the house communicator. He looked back to see her only once, then threw his bags into the pod. He got in and started it going. seconds later, his data sheet vibrated in his pocket and he took it out briefly to see what was happening. Jean had filed for divorce and she had applied for all assets. Marcus touched the screen, giving her pretty much everything they had, including the ship, and then put it away. "Job done." He said quietly. They arrived at the hanger shortly after and he quickly got out.

"Michael." He called, "Only take what you need."
"Why?" His son asked.
"Jean's filed for divorce and she wants everything." He said, "Anything that was mine is now hers, so don't touch."
Michael nodded sadly, but did as he was told. He collected a few memories and trinketsw, leaving everything else. Lucy did the same, but took an extra thing. She tucked it away in her box before anyone saw it, then made her way back to Alexin. Her father and brother were already there.
"We're ready to go." Marcus said. "But the ship has to stay. It belongs to my wife now. We've collected what we need. I'll send the Attourney General all he needs to know while we're on the way. Time is short enough."

After that, the Drake family were ready to go and all were excited abotu it. Especially Lucy. She couldn't wait to get going. She had never dreamed that she would visit another habited world, let alone meet a real alien and talk to him. This was everythign and more that the teenager could have ever imagined and she wasn't going to miss this for anything.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Once aboard the shuttle, Alexin contacted his ship and told them to arrange for quarters for their three guests. By the time they got to the Explorer they were greeted by the captain and a few of the crew. Some of them immediately took all Lucy's, Marcus's and Michales things and left the shuttle bay with them. The Captain stepped forward and greated Marcus. "A pleasure to have you aboard sir. I hope you will find your quarters suitable and I have assigned Ensign Carona here to assist you in any thing you need." A younger version of Lieutenat Karasa.

She gave a nod to Marcus and Lucy and then to Michael. "I am pleased to be of any assistance. " She gave a side wards glance at Michael after she again looked at Lucy and her father.

"Perhaps a tour of the ship for Marcus and Michael would be the first thing to do. Since they will be with us for some time they will need to know how to get around."

Carona nodded, "Yes sir." she said smiling. "If you will come with me, we will get started. Is there anything special that you would like to see." she asked.

The look Carona gave Michael was not missed by Alexin. Then he remembered the engineer that was aboard. "What about your engineer, Gibbons? I forgot all about him." he turned to Lucy. "I guess we will have another for the trip to my world."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Lucy smiled to the Captain again in greeting, but this time didn't need to say anything. She watched as Michael and her father were introduced to a lovely young girl called Carona. Both men were stunned by her beauty, but neither stared back at her drooling. Marus nodded his head politely to her and smiled while Michael pretty much mimicked the move. His smile was slightly wider, but as Lucy had been proven time and again, his chivalry had yet to be matched. She knew both her father and her brother would be perfect gentlemen until permitted otherwise. As for anything else, Lucy had only one thing to say. "I'd stay away from some of their food, Dad." She told the older man.
"Why's that honey?" Marcus asked.
Lucy gave a cautious smile, "It'll make sugar taste bland for the rest of your life. There seems to be a natural sweetness in their long-life foods. What I tried gave me a head rush for an hour almost." In return, her father laughed and nodded his understanding.

As Carona led the two men away, Lucy turned to Alexin and shook her head with a smile. "He would have left a while ago." She told him. "He had his own flight to catch with his family, but your engineer shouldn't get downhearted. He'll make sure he finds her again when we get to Vega." she started moving towards her quarters, having remembered the small tour from before. It was good to be back here, she thought. There was so much she could learn on their trip. As they walked, Lucy caught sly glances at the Abassador, taking note of everything about him. He had the stride of a proud man borne of a long line of proud men. The air of prominence was strong with him too and he seemed to know it. And yet, he spoke with humility, or something close to it. He wanted to be like everyone else, and though he wasn't, he made no complaint about it. As she walked, she studied the swing of his arm. It was in perfect balance with his feet, showing the agility of him. And just through the covering of his shirt, she could see something else. It was like a mark on his arm. Right at the top and where the shirt pulled tight on the back swing, she could see it was a tattoo of some kind. Perhaps it was the family mark as he had described to her. She found herself wondering what other marks he had.

They continued to walk for a while longer and she found her gaze shifting upward. She followed the line of his rather thick neck. It was no surprise to her that it should be so; he was clearly a broad and well built man. she studied his hair line and the curve of his brow in the geometry of his face. It was like looking at a cross view of a perfect vase antique. His ear was perfectly balanced with the level of his eye and the base of his perfectly placed nose. Lucy held no doubt whatsoever that if she were to split his face down the middle, it would be perfectly symetrical. Yes, Alexin was a very handsome man. Finally, her eyes rested on the technology on his head. That wonderful piece of machinery that had allowed them to converse freely. She wondered how it worked, how it attatched with the senapsis in the brain without direct access within the brain tissue. Lucy was no biologist, but even she wanted to have a look inside there just to see what it looked like. Was it a pinkish gray like hers, or was it different like their blood? Lastly, well, for that particular moment, she wondered if his voice sounded as angelic without the contraption on his head. She suddenly felt quite desperate to hear him speak his own tongue.

It was in this moment of sudden desperation that she stopped and turned Alexin to face her. Without a word, she reached up and removed the device. It dangled delicately in her hand as she stared up at him. "Speak to me." She asked, "Say something to me without this helping you." she held it up to show what she wanted. "I want to hear your own voice in your own language.....please?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Alexin grinned at the politeness of the young man that was Lucy's brother. The engineer had nearly fell all over himself when he saw Karasa and had blurted out how he wanted to stay there. But the smile on the young mans face was hard to miss nor was the look in Carona's eyes as she saw Michael. When Lucy said that Gibbons probably already left, he had a feeling that he had not. The man was one that seemed to be interestedd in all the technology that was aboard the ship. The engines and power sourse, not to mention communications and other things aboard the ship would keep him busy for months. Then of course there was Karasa, the way he had looked at her made him think that the man would have informed his family he was taking the alien ship to the new world.

Alexin could not help but notice the looks that Lucy was giving him. She was studying him. There was a look in her eyes, he would have smiled but he wanted to see what she was up to. When she stopped and reached up to take the communications device from his head, he raised a brow. He got the gest of what she wanted and he spoke in his own language. He knew she could not understand it so he said, "I have a feeling that the two of us were ment to meet. Soon I think you will find that you do not need those tatooes or implants to make yourself different from others. You already have distinguished yourself above others of your race." he smiled warmly at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Lucy could have died right then a happy girl. The sheer linguistic value of the Karvellian language alone was plenty to keep studies going for years, but it was the actual sound and formation that struck her so greatly. It was like listening to the ancients. The smile on her face was plenty to say how she felt, but she spoke it too. "Thank you." She told him honestly. She handed back the communication device. "If you could," She asked, "Would you teach me your language? I could teach you mine in return if you want." Yet another equal trade, or she hoped at least. Besides, the idea of knowing this amazing and beautiful language was tantamount to pure gold in Lucy's imagination.

Despite her skill for physics, she also had a great love for languages. It didn't matter if they were ancient or lost, new or regular. She loved to learn, and it helped in some things. Much of the physics that she initially learned traced well back into the Greek and Roman ages, some even as far back as the ancient Egyptians. That ahd begun the passion that had fuelled her need for learning. To date, she knew Latin, Greek, Coptic and Aramaec (an older and more basic form of arabic). She wondered if Alexin would be interested in such things and decided she would show him some of the book copies she had. And they weren't data sheets or the older form in the resenence plastic. These were actual books, many of them older than her grandfather. Sadly, they were not originals, but to her, they were just as precious.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Alexin took the communications device back from her and put it back on. He could see she was pleased and excited by hearing his own language. When she asked if he could teach it to her he chuckled. "We have a way with that. It is a sleep learning technique. We use it on your young to help them learn faster. We have found that long hours in an enviornment that is so strictly regulated for learning is not good. People become bored easily and don't learn as fast." To learn her language though would take more time, since it appeared they did not have the device they used. But he figured it would give them both more time to get to know each other. He already had a bit of understanding of their language through the communication device. "I would love to learn your language. It will help in the future I believe."

Lucy couldn't help herself. She just had to laugh. "A few hundreds years ago, I might have agreed with you." She chuckled, "But I think your logic is a little off. It's all fine and well having the knowledge injected into yoru brain while you sleep, but I've found that having to work hard for the knowledge you seek, makes the discovery much more rewarding." She held her arms up and turned in front of Alexin. "Look at me." She continued, "It's taken me 15 years to accomplish and learn what I have. all those long hours and hard work have made me the way I am. Would you have that all changed for the want of learning that little bit faster?"

He chuckled and grinned. "Well if you put it that way." he reached up with a hand and lightly caressed the side of her face with his finger tips. "Then we will learn each other's language together." They were now infront of her new quarters. "It has been quite the day already and I imagine you might need some rest. I have a few things to take care of before I retire. But if you need anything......." He pulled out a small device from his pocket. "Just press your thumb on this and it will open a com link to me."

Lucy took the tiny device with a smile and put it in her pocket. "Maybe we could find a little time later on?" She asked, "You have things to do and I suppose I should unpack my things." She smiled again as the idea of showing some of her books came back to her. "Maybe if we can get together again later, I could show you a little bit of Earth's history?"

"I would like that." he told her. He of course would bring the disks that contained their world's history. They were a high tech society now. They had learned so much from the alien ship that they made leaps and bounds. "When you are ready, just activate the device." Taking one of her hands he raised it to his lips and kissed the back of it. "Untill later." he smiled and then turned and began walking down the corridor.

Lucy blushed, then grinned as she touched the back of her hand. She stayed where she was for a moment while he walked away, then took out the device. Pressing down on the top of it, she activated it, then turned to Alexin and smiled. "Just testing it." She joked.

A com link on his wrist buzzed and he looked back at Lucy. Smiling as she said she was just testing it, he nodded and then turned back walking down the corridor. His first stop was the bridge so that he could make his report and have it sent back to his father. It would take time for it to reach him, but it would be before they arrived, so that they knew he was bringing representatives from Earth and hopefully have a delegation there to meet with them.

Lucy entered her room and quietly closed the door behind her. The smile on her face was unmistakeable. The girl was in heaven! After a few minutes daydreaming, she started unpacking. She started with her most precious things. Her private journal and an old stuffed animal that she'd had since she was a baby. The old toy seemed out of place amongst her books and data sheets and her science equipment, but she still put it in pride of place right at the head of her bed. Then her clothes were put away and she found places for various ornaments and trinkets that made up her life. After she was all done, she opened her journal and made a short entry, explaining her arrival on the Karvellian ship, her parents divorce over the fact and her excitement to meet Alexin's people.

Once he was done making his report and requesting a delagation to meet them and accompany them to the rendevou, he went down to the bio lab to see what progress they had made on the samples that Lucy had given them. "Quite similar sir." one of the scientists told him. "They are quite simalar to us. Thier blood is different, but still we thing there is no problem there." The scientist then brought up the DNA scans. "Their DNA could be taken for ours. It is as if they were an off shoot of our people, or we are an off shoot of theirs." Alexin rubbed his jaw. It only made his assumptions even more valid. He had a feeling the Greys had something to do with it all. After he got done there he went to his quarters and kicked off his boots and laid down on his bed, removing the communication device. It had indeed been a very productive day and a tiring one.

Eventually, after all was unpacked, set up and stored away, Michael decided to have a wander. He took care not to go anywhere he shouldn't, but he still ended up in the bio lab. He intended to walk right passed until he saw Alexin and stopped. He coughed into his hand and smiled politely to the other man. "How goes the study?" He asked.

As he laid there he thought of his run in with Michael. He had evidently left the guided tour of the ship and found his way to the bio lab. "Well seems like we have a lot in common." he grinned. "Our scientists feel that both races may have come form the same stock. But due to the differences of our planets, have slightly evolved differently." he looked up and down the corridor and asked,
"Where is your guide?"

Michael shook his head, "Not really one for tours." he said, "I prefer to find my own way around a place. Besides, I had to unpack. Dad took the tour though, so I'll get a rundown from him later." He entered the room and took a quick look around. He gave a nod of agreement about the scientists. "Sounds about right." He offered in return. "Humans were never a monopoly in the universe, we just needed to find the other bits for it all to make sense. So I would imagine then that your race evolved from an ape-like creature too?"

"Yes but it is felt that there was some genitic alterations. The giant leap from an ape like creature to the first "Human" was to fast. It could not have evolved that fast. What about on your world, was there a giant leap in evolution?" Alexin asked.

Michael shook his head, "Not exactly." he replied as he looked through a few of Alexin's trinkets, but in a manner that showed he wasn't being nosey, just curious. "Humans evolved through a number of different species of ape. Our closest cousin was the Orangutan. There was a massive genetic mutation about 50 or so million years ago that led to two distinct species of human. Neanderthal and Homosapien. Homosapien won the battle during the last known Ice Age. It's all based on Darwin's theories."

Alexin did not know who Darwin was but it seemed that Earth had a more diverse evolution. On his world there was but one main type of Ape like creature. He was sure that the Greys had done something to both races to make them as they were. What possible purpose they had for it still was a mystery. If they ever encountered them, he would surely ask why. "So what do you think of the ship?" Alexin asked Michael.

Michael nodded, "Impressive." he replied, "Very impressive. Earth scientists are probably a couple of hundred years behind you Karvellians. Your technology is gonna put a dent in a few egos when we get to vega."

Alexin chuckled. "Well hopefully they will get over it and accept our knowledge. Especially since we will be living quite close to each other. I think our races coming together has been planned for some time. Also if there are our two races that are alike, perhaps there are others out there, but not as friendly. I think our two races together will stand a better chance together then apart."

Michael nodded again, "I agree with you." he said firmly.

About that time Marcus and Carona came into view down the corridor. "My applogies sir. I did not know he had left us untill it was to late." she looked quite embarased by the matter. "It is alright. Michael and I were having a good discussion. But I think both him and Marcus probably need to relax some and unpack."

Marcus was quick to nod and agree, but Michael shrugged his shoulders. "Already done." He said. "But some relaxation would be good. What do you guys do for fun around here?"

Carona was the one to answer that. "On long trips like this one, some of the crew put on exhibitions in music and art, and then some also put on plays. There is also the training ring, where we practice our forms of martial arts, and keep ourselves in shape." Alexin grinned. "Carona here is one of our most adept trainer in our martial arts aboard the ship. She has been known to take on four of our most expert men and win."

Michael was impressed all over again, but he knew his limits. "Thanks, but I'll pass on that." he replied smoothly. "I don't do violence very well, but the music and arts would be nice." He then looked to Alexin. "Lucy loves music. She could give you some fine examples of our music, if you'd like."

Carona shugged her shoulders, "One should always know how to defend theirselves." she grinned. "Tonight there is some of the crew playing some music. Would you like to attend?" she asked Michael.

Michael smiled and nodded. "I'd love to." he replied. "Do you dance to yoru music"?

She smiled and nodded. "I imagine that some of us will be dancing to the music. It is a very good way to relived the stress of our daily routine abourd ship."

Michael laughed, "Yes, we do something similar on Earth..." His face sadenned, "I mean we used to do things like that on Earth. Humans have a long history of music and dance. No doubt someone would have saved the majority of it to take with us...even some of the more exotic dances too."

Alexin grinned at the two. He could see that Carona was intrested in Michael. The women of his race had no inhibitions about makeing it known in one way or another that they were intrested in a man. And it was quite evident she was trying her best without knowing what customs earth had on the matter and not wanting to create a problem. "Well then I would say that you should go prepare for the event. After you take Marcus here to his quarters." he chuckled and then closed his door. It was going to be an interesting trip, he thought as he laid on his bed.

Michael left with a laugh and happily followed Carona to wherever she woudl lead him. Clearly, there were some differences as far as attraction went. he liked her, most definitely, but he was what his grandfather had once said to be a gentleman. Lucy had been floating around her quarters for quite some time, but eventually found herself staring at the communicator Alexin had given her. Did she dare press it and interrupt whatever he was doing? Of course she would! She pressed down on it and grinned.

His com link buzzed again and he smiled. Pressing a marking on it, "Yes?" he said.

Lucy almost dropped the device when he actually answered. "Oh!" She said, "Sorry Alexin, am I disturbing you?"

"Not at all. What do you need?" there was a chuckle in his voice.

Lucy smiled, "Well, I don't actually need anything." She admitted, "I was just wondering if you had that time we spoke about earlier?"

"Of course I do." he said as he sat up and put on his boots. "I'll be there in a few minutes." he told her and moved to the door to his quarters and opened it.

Lucy felt her nerves jumping out of her skin, but in a happy way. She put the communicator down and went about finding something good to show him. She wanted someting that would impress him, but she also wanted to hear more of his language.
It didn't take to long to make it to her quarters. Both were on the same level of the ship and not to far away. He knocked on her door.

Lucy jumped at the knock on her door, but quickly went to it. She checked briefly that all was in order and opened the door. The happiness at seeing him was evident and she quickly backed up to let him enter. "I'd make you some coffee or tea or sometihng, but I don't know how to make it here yet." She offered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:30 am

Alexin grinned as she offered something to drink but did not know how to do it there. "Well quarters do not have anything to make your coffee, drink or food. Normally we just go to the galley and get what we want." he told her. If you like though I can have someone bring you something here." He entered her quarters and looked around at what she had placed about the place.

"Ahh." Lucy replied as she moved back a little more. "So you don't have the fandangled items that one would expect from such an advanced race." Her last words made her laugh somewhat and she shook her head. "My apologies." She offered, "I was once a huge fan of the antique science fiction movies. Most 20th and 21st century. You know, our race had some fantastic and amazing visions of our
future. Though I doubt any of them would have foreseen this happening so soon in their future."

"I don't think any one of both worlds did in our early stages of history." We had our own visions of what the future might look like. I guess every world that has life does the same thing. As for not having things in the quarters...." he chuckled. "This is a science vesssel not a passenger ship. When the crew is not on duty, they are doing other things and only use their quarters to sleep and............" he grinned broadly.

"And?" It took a moment for the information to sink in. When it finally did, she turned a deep blush colour. "Oh." Then, "Oh! Um, ok." The blush colour stayed as she turned to a stack of books she had stood up across what she assumed was a shelf. "I could show you some of the stuff I have, if you'd like? There were two main science fiction theories going around at that time and both had a huge following for decades. Would you like to have a look?"

He looked at the books on the shelf. He reached up and took one gently and opened it slowly, taking care as he turned the pages. He did not understand the writing but such a thing to his people would be very valuable. "These are manuscrips." he looked at the others she had on the shelf as he gently replaced the book. "These on our world would be in a museum or in a private collection. Long ago we stopped printing things and placed everything onto storage crystals. They last longer and are not subject to aging and the elements. You are lucky to have such things.

Lucy smiled, "Actually, the one you just had your hands all over." She said, "Dad bought it in an auction at the museum a few years ago. Like many other books, that one was destined to be buried in storage. You could say that my dad rescued it for me. He gave it to me for my 14th birthday." Though she knew he couldn't understand the writing in the book, she took it out and showed it to him again anyways. "It's a novel written by a man called Stephen King."

He looked at her then the book. "A fictional tale then about something. We had those as well, still do but on storage crystals. Adventure, drama, and other things." he smiled. "I love the adventure ones the most. If one had told me I would be on one now, a few years ago, I would have told them they were crazy."

Lucy laughed and nodded, "Agreed." She replied as she put the book back carefully. "There is a long history of adventure stories from Earth. One of my favourites was called Indiana Jones. Another 20th century throwback. There were four movies all together, spread out over twenty years."

"Would you like to see some of our history. My people have acted out some of it. The way our people lived, important events and important people that had a part to play in history. It helps seeing it to understand it.

Lucy nodded eagerly, "I'd love to." She said, "But how will I understand it? I would imagine that thing on your head only works one way, right?"

He shook his head. "No it works both ways. You see we have a number of languages on our world as well. We have listened to your broadcasts and know you have several as well. Having people living in various places that are long distances away from each other developed various languages as I imagioned it did on your world." he touched the device on his head. "We have several of these aboard and it will work for you.

Lucy lifted her brow, "wonderful." She said. She then moved across the room to the bed and sat down on the edge of it. "I hear there's somethign happening later. Some music or such? I heard something about it from a crewman. He was wearing one of those things on his head."

"Yes indeed. Some of the crew will be playing some musical scores from my world. It helps ease the stress of being out here in space. Would you like to go?"

Lucy nodded, "I'd like that."

"Very well then. I will come back a bit before they are to start to get you." he smiled at her.

Lucy nodded again, but she didn't want him to leave just yet. "Uh." She said, looking around for somethign else to show him. There were a few of her own music slides, some more books, or Baba. She chose the toy to show him. "Do you have stuffed animals and the like where you come from?"

He looked at the toy. "Not exactly like that but yes we have them." he raised a brow wondering why she was wanting him to stay.

Lucy held up the toy, then held it to her chest. She blushed again at the look he gave her. She couldn't have a hope of reading his mind, but she thought he was probably wondering why she was keeping him there. "Ok, I'm stalling." She admitted, "These past couple of days have been so amazing and I want to spend as much time with you as I can. I know it sounds desperate, but..." She Shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

Alexin laughed and leaned against the wall. "Now you know your father might not think that a good thing." he grinned. "I have a feeling that he might object to you spending so much time with me."

Lucy shrugged again and put the stuffed rabbit back on her pillow. "I think he's understand." She offered. "I've passed over so many guys from school and whatnot, he must have thought I was gay or just plain stubborn about it. I just never found anyone I could connect with... until you came along."

Ahhhhhhh now he could see that she was indeed intrerested in him. He wondered how the next couple months would go. It would be up to her if anything happened between them. It was the natural part of the process. "What do you find about me that is different then the men of your world, besides me being an alien?"

Lucy laughed. "The fact you're alien to us doesn't actually matter." She replied. "Mostly, it's the fact that you don't talk to me through your dick. You talk to me like it's my mind you're after, not getting me into bed."

"Well you do have an extrodanary mind and personality. But you also have a very lovely body as well, one can not ignore that. But on my world the woman usually lets the man know that she is willing to be beded." He did find her very attractive and very intelligent, but wondered what she would be willing to do.

Lucy blushed again and pulled her arms about her. "That's very sweet of you to say." She said, "And quite chivalrous too. I admire that in a man."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:32 am

He had to smile at her comment and how she blushed. She it seems had a definate interest in him. "So I take it that there has been many that has tried to bed you?" He still did not know what their customs were or how they came to mate. As he had told her father, part of the courting of a couple on their world, sex was a part of it. This enabled the two to see if they were compatable and could satisfy each others' sexual desires.

Putting her arms about her almost seemed like a defensive position as if she was trying to protect herself. She was different then the women of his race, that was for sure. He would have to be patient and see what she did. "Is there anything you would like to do before the concert?" he asked her.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Lucy looked up quickly and tightened her elbows. "Uh." She stammered. "Well.... there's been a few." Something of a lie, but not entirely inaccurate either. "But it wasn't enjoyable for me. More than anything, it was humiliating and it hurt." She smiled sadly, "Not something I wish to repeat." Then he asked her if she'd like to do something before the concert and her smile came back.

"Actually." She said, "There is something." She moved to him and tenderly reached up to his head. She removed the device and turned away to put it carefully on the table. Once facing him again, Lucy smiled and moved closer. She traced her fingers over his lips, remembering every crease and line. Her smile stayed as she then looked into his eyes. "Speak to me again?" She asked, "Please?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Alexin raised a brow at what she told him. Evidently it was a bad experience for her and the men were not compatable. Did she mean she did not want to repeat having sex with a man or something else. That was a bit disheartening. When she removed the communication device again, he sat down in a chair and began talking to her in his own language again.

Lucy beamed with a smile and soaked up every sylable. "I wish I knew what you were saying." She said quietly, then put her finger to his lips again to stop him talking. She then touched her lips. "What is this?" She asked, then tapped her lips twice more...

He went on for a few minutes talking until she placed a finger on his lips and he stopped then she touched her lips and asked something and then touched her lips again. He understood and spoke the word that was for lips.

Lucy repeated the word a few times, getting it rightt very quickly. She then touched her left eye. "And this?"

He again spoke the word for eye for her. He could see that he would be giving her the first lesson in his language. He listened to her repeat the first and she got it quite nicely.

Once again, Lucy repeated the word, getting it right after only the second try this time. Ok." She said, "What about these things?" She moved around the room, pointig to her desk, chair, bed, towards the bathroom and then eventually, she pointed to herself. "How do you say my name in your language?"

He had to chuckle a bit. She was egar to learn his language and as she moved around the room pointing out things, he gave her the word in his language. But then when she pointed to her self, there was no name like her's in their vocabulary. "Lucy" he grinned.

Lucy smiled as she repeated each word in turn learning the language quicker and quicker. when he finally said her name and in her own language, she cocked her eyebrow. "Ok." She said, then moved back to him and touched his cheek. "And how do I say your name?"

Then she touched his face and asked a question. "Alexin." he spoke it, but it was a bit more smooth in his own toung.

Lucy nodded and smiled again as she repeated his name. "Alexin." She said. Her hand didn't move from his cheek this time.

She didn't remove her hand from his cheek. He looked up into her eyes. What was she thinking he wondered.

Lucy seemed to stare at him for an age. She studied every detail of his face, wanting to stay there forever, but she knew it was impossible. Eventually, she let go of his face, but she didn't move away from him. "I could fall for you so easily." She said. "And I want to."

When she spoke again it was not a question but seemed like a statement, but with out the device he could not understand what she said. He reached over and picked up the device and put it back on. Time had passed with her first lesson. It was almost time for the concert. "The concert will start here shortly, shall we go."

Lucy finally broke free of her fantasy and stepped back. "Yes." She said, "The concert. It will be starting soon."

Alexin rose from the chair and moved towards the door. He looked back at Lucy, wondering. She seemed to be drawn to him but yet she seemed more interested in his language. He gave a mental shug and waited for her to leave the room.

Lucy stepped towards the door and moved out into the corridor. She knew that he didn't understand what she had just told him and for a split second, she told herself it was for the best, but as she walked down the corridor, she wondered if he should know. she would tell him after the concert. However, while they walked, she couldn't help her hand going to his. Her fingers slipped between his and she took a tender hold of his hand...

Feeling her hand slip into his as they walked he looked down at her and smiled. Earth customs were strange it seemed. He would have to ask her about their ways.

Lucy smiled up at Alexin as he smiled at holding her hand. was that slight puzzlement she saw? "Don't your people hold hands like this?" She asked..

He nodded, "Yes we do." he continued to smile as he lead her down the corridor to the large room that was already filling with crew members. There Alexin saw Gibbons and Karasa. "Seems your man Gibbons didn't leave." he chuckled. Soon Michael and Carona entered.

Lucy smiled at his comment. "In human behavior, it shows affection for another, but it has different meanings in different situations. Between adults, it shows affection. Between a parent and child, it shows protection." They entered the hall and Lucy couldn't help but laugh. Alexin had been right: Gibbons had stayed on! Then she saw her brother and Carona. They looked rather close and Lucy couldn't help but grin knowingly. Michael would make them an item pretty soon. The pair also helped Lucy relax in her attraction to Alexin. Further into the room, Marcus looked very comfortable also, being pawed over by a number of female crew members. "You people really go for it when you want it, don't you."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:04 pm

He laughed. "Well as I said the woman will be the first to let the man know that she is interested. We are not a shy race. Especially when it comes to our bodies." he looked over at Marcus, grinning. Half the crew were women and most were already in a relationship with someone on board. Marcus would not be alone long that was for sure, and if he chose to take up with one of the women, she would ensure that he was well taken care of in everything.

"I can see that." She replied with a laugh. "So if the women are the ones to initiate, what is the man's role? With humans, it tends to be an equal chance for men and women." She then turned and looked at Alexin. "What if the man isn't interested, or unsure, and the woman is persistent?" She was of course, referring to the possibility of rape, or cohersion...

"Oh the man will let the woman know in his own way if he is intrested or not. In the case that the man is not intrested, he will tell the woman. Normally that ends it. Long ago women had no say in a relationship. Women were not thought of but property. The wars we had changed that. We found how we needed women to repopulate. Also the women showed how resourceful they could be and things changed. We began to see them in a completely different light.

Lucy lifted her brow, but then nodded. "Human women have had a similar history." She said, "Before the Equal Rights Act in the 1960's, women were pretty much kept at home. Even after then, it took another 30 years before we were given our chance to prove we were equal. Beyond that, things haven't changed much since the 20th century."

Alexin found them a couple seats, comfortable and coushioned. He helped Lucy to hers and then sat down as the musicians began to get started. As the music started the lights in the audiance area was dimmed and the first score was soft and lovely. The next was a fast and light harted sounding.

Lucy looked around as the lights were dimmed. It was like being sat in a threatre. The music began and she sat back to listen. The first piece was soft and gentle, relaxing and to Lucy, quite romantic. She actually cuddled into Alexin a little and then smiled as she spotted Michael and Carona doing the same thing, Gibbons and Kasara too. She couldn't see her father, but imagined he was being swarmed by now. When the second piece began, it was much more lighthearted with a quicker beat. It was just as beautiful as the first and Lucy enjoyed it greatly, but she stayed exactly as she was. If anything, she curled tighter to him. This is wonderful." She said quietly, then looked up and realized where she was. She was hesitant to move though...

He felt her cuddling up to him and he enjoyed the feeling. He also noticed Gibbons and Kasara and Michael and Carona. He grinned. He had a feeling that they would be the first intergalactic marriages. That would probably help the process of unifiying the two races. More music followed and Alexin put an arm about Lucy's shoulders as she cuddled up to him.

Having Alexin's arm around her, Lucy relaxed completely to watch the music. The whole evening was wonderful and what made it even more so was the fact that no-one had inhibitions about mixing together. Humans and Karvellions were compatable and it threw a good light over future pairings. Lucy smiled inwardly and cuddled up to Alexin further, steadily losing what nervousness she had left. By the end of the night, she had barely moved an inch from him and when the final score had finished, she felt almost disappointed.

When the last of the music ended the lights slowly came on. Alexin was comfortable and really didn't want to get up. But of course it had been a very long day already and he had a feeling that Lucy would probably need some sleep. She had already had a very exciting and full day as he had. "You must be tired after all you have been through today." he looked at her smiling. He noticed Gibbons and Kasara getting up to leave. She was not wearing her uniform since she was off duty, but a short dress that had a plunging neck line. She was adjusting her dress as the two made their way out of the room. She had a big smile on her lips.

Lucy frowned somewhat, but decided it was best to move. "You're probably right." She said, but then spotted Gibbons and Kasara and couldn't help but laugh quietly. She leaned down to Alexin and put her lips to his ear. "I think Gibbons and Kasara will be sharing a bed." She whispered, "Did you see how she adjusted her dress? And gibbons is hiding his crotch under his jacket." She laughed again quietly. Then she spotted Michael and Carona leaving. They seemed just as close and she could have sworn that she saw lip colour on his shirt collar. With a small shake of her head, she held her hand out to Alexin. "Would you walk me back?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:22 pm

"I guess she has found him acceptable and will sone find out if they are capatable. I would saw they may be the first human and Karvellian to mate." he chuckled. As he saw Michael and Carona he chuckled some more. "I beleive that might be the second one." When she asked him to walk her back to her quarters he nodded and placed a hand on the small of her back and began to walk.

Lucy felt a small shudder of pleasure as he touched her back and slowly started out of the room. She walked slowly and allowed her hips to sway a little instead of the normal straight, rod-like walk she had. She was relaxing with him far more than she did anyone else and when she saw Michael wink at her from his door, she blushed. Once her brother had disappeared into his room with Carona, Lucy stopped and turned to face Alexin. "If we were to... well.... go to bed with each other tonight, what would happen tomorrow? Would it be forgotten like a one-night stand, or would it continue into a full relationship?"

He stopped and looked at her. "That would depend on how we found each other. Just like your brother and Carona, if they find each other compatable and enjoyable together, then it will continue. If not then like you said it would be a one time thing.

Lucy looked down at her feet and nodded sadly. "Then I hope they suit each other. I do not wish his heart broken again." She then looked up at him. "As for you and I, I choose not to sleep with you. Not tonight and not for a while. I want to know everything about you before I let you in that far."

The only thing he could do was nod his head. He knew that Michael would not be broken hearted. He had a feeling that the young man was in for a night he would never forget and then for the remainder of the trip the two would keep each other company and by the end be ready to become one. Once they reached her quarters he opened the door for her and said good night. He then took one of her hands and raised it to his lips and kissed it.

Lucy smiled up at Alexin and curled her fingers around his as he kissed her hand. "And a good night to you also, Alexin." She replied. As he lifted his lips from her hand, she leaned up and kissed him tenderly on the cheek. She smiled again and entered her room, closing the door gently behind her..
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:45 pm

He guessed Earth Females were more cautious then those of his race, or more shy. The females of his race was not shy about it, nor were they embarased showing off their bodies. At times men and women took showers in the shame communal shower facility aboard ship. She had said she wanted to get to know him better. He would have to wait.

Lucy wandered around her room in a dream-like state. She was definitely falling for the man. The soft, smitten smile that had been on her lips all evening carried through as she showered and then crawled into her bed. And for that night, she slept better than she had slept for an age. Her dreams were mostly of Alexin, his smile and how he felt when she had cuddled up to him. The morning however brought with it a sharp reality kick and a real shock for Lucy. With that same smile still on her lips, she woke with a sigh and stretched in her bed. There was something to be said for soft sheets on bare skin. Her eyes opened and she turned her head, but then found someone smiling back at her. Without any forethought or logic, Lucy screamed at the top of her lungs and leapt from bed with the sheet bundled up tight to her front....

Alexin went back to his quarters and striped his clothing off. He did not have the uniform of the ship on but normal clothes of a civilian. Lose fitting black shirt with black pants and belt, and knee high black boots. It was comfortable and practical. As he fell asleep he had a deep feeling of satisfaction. He felt that the first contact had went well and that the two races could look forward to a good relationship. In the morning he dressed and walked back down to Lucy's quarters to get her to go to the galley to eat with some of the crew. He was about to knock on the door when he heard her scream and used his over ride code to open the door.

The man backed up real sharp and held both hands up in defense. He didn't want to hurt her, nor frighten her, he had simply been in there to provide fresh clothing and a morning drink as was his duty. He had thought her still sleeping. It was all a case of bad timing, but her screaming and thrashing about frightened him too and he quickly made for the door. He swung it open and slammed directly into Alexin. By his uniform, it was clear why he was there. In the room, Lucy was still terrified and clinging to the wall with the sheet against her.....

Alexin grabbed hold of the man and looked at him before he knew who he was. He could see that the man was afraid and worried. "She is not of our world and use to such things. From now on wait until she calls for service." he told the man softly and let him go. He then entered the room and looked at Lucy. "It is alright. He was only binging clean clothes and towels and something for you to drink when you awoke. That is his duty on the ship, and he is one of many that do this for the officers and guests. He is use to the females of our race that have no problem with them coming in." he told her and then began to back out of the room.

Lucy still clung to the wall with her sheet, but her breathing started to calm again. The strange man had gone and that was enough. After another moment or two, she came away from the wall and pulled the sheet up and around to cover her more modestly. She nodded as she took a deep breath. "Room service." she said, "You have room service." she started to laugh then, realising just what a dunce she had been..

Alexin stopped, and nodded. "For the ship's officers and guests. We don't think much about it because we are use to it. I should have probably told you about it and told them not to disturb you." he applogized.

Lucy shook her head and smiled, "It's fine." She said. "Just a little unexpected is all. Now that I know, I'll be fine about it." She gave him a wonderful smile, then smoothed her shaggy hair back from her face. She took a sip of the drink the man had brought her and then made for the bathroom. "I'll be out in a few minutes, if you want to wait for me?"

He nodded his head and closed the door to wait for her. She was deffinately shy about showing her body. A Karvallian woman would not have been. She would have stood there proudly naked before him. But of course it seemed perhaps the Earth women were quite different.

Lucy washed her face and brushed her teeth quickly. Her hair was fine once it had been brushed through. The clean clothes the man had delivered were folded neatly ont he dresser and she put them on happily. The top was a little mroe revealing than she was used to and it showed more of her tattooes and augmentations than her usual clothes, but she didn't mind much. The karvellions were much more relaxed about it than humans were. It was incredibly freeing to her. The trousers were more like leggings and the boots were high to her knee with a small heel. All in all, she looked rather attractive like this and she nodded her approval in the mirror before going to her door. Her entire tattooed back and shoulders, collarbone and arms on show, she opened the door with a smile and moved to Alexin. "Who picks the clothing?" She asked, then, "If they wanted to see my skin, all they had to do was ask." She gave a giggle and moved in front of him, almost as though asking his opinion....

As she opened the door he looked her over. The clothing revealed more of her then her own clothes had and was a bit more tighter then hers, to reveal her curves more. He grinned as he saw how she looked. "Much better." he said. He looked at the tatoos and remembered their earlier conversation. "If you wish, we can stop by the Medical Bay to have our Doctor look you over and have some of them removed as we discussed earlier. Though he found them interesting. "What do they all represent?" he asked.

"Represent?" She asked as she looked over the ones she could see. "Well, the major one here..." She moved her finger across the larger one across her neck and collarbone, "That's a tribal mark. Each Lunar tribe has a different design to distinguish one from another. These ones down my shoulders to my elbow, they represent my rank in the tribe. And the linked ones moving down my back mark my age and that I'm available for pairing. This one though..." She lifted the hair around the side of her neck to show him, "This was my own design. Each member is given the chance to prove their artistic talent. The silver intertwined with them all is to link it all together and give a more distinctive appearance." she looked over the ones she could see again. "I suppose I could get rid of them, but they've kinda grown on me over the last couple of years."

He smiled and nodded. "If that is your wish. But be prepared to answer questions about them." he chuckled. "I am sure all aboard will wish to know about them. For you see we only have our family ones." He placed a hand on the small of her back again and guided her out of the room and shut the door behind them. Down a couple decks to the galley and then to a table. Knowing how she reacted to the sweet tasting food, he ordered something with meat and vegtables. "I think what I ordered you will be to your likeing."

Lucy nodded and walked with him down to the galley. Feeling his hand on her back was wonderful. It left a slight tingle on her skin when he removed it. She sat down next to him and then smiled as he ordered something to eat. What arrived made her laugh happily. For all intent and purpose, it looked to be a full english breakfast with grilled tomato, thinly sliced bacon, mushrooms, a fat sausage and a fried egg. "Oh, now that is something beaufitul!" she excalimed. when she tucked in though, it tasted completely different. It was still delicious, but entirely something else. "What is this?" She asked him, "It looks and smells like human food, but it tastes completely different."

He could see that his slection pleased her. "The meat there." he pointed to the bacon like stuff, "is silozine, it is from one of our animals that is raised for food. This." he pointed to the sausage, "Is another portion of the creature that is ground up and spices added to it." he then pointed to the eggs. "This is qualla from the eggs of the Qualla." It was something that they normally ate for their morning meal. Along with that he would have had some of the sweet fruit that she had tried the night before. It seemed they need more sugar in their diet then those of Earth.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Lucy nodded atthe names of the creatures and imagined that the silozine looked close to a pig and the qualla, a chicken. "I'd like to see some pictures if you have them. We have many creatures that we eat. Cows, pigs, sheep, chickens and other poultry, fish. I could show you some if you like?"

He nodded, "Yes we have storage crystals with pictures of our wild life and domestic ones. I only hope we are able to take some of them with us. It would be impractical to take all of them, though we can probably take their genitic make up with us and try to somehow produce them again once we arrive in the new solar system."

Lucy nodded in agreement. "The UN have done that." She told him. "They call it the Arc Project. Their zoologists and marine scientists collected a number of each species they could and had them transported to a safe location before taking them to Vega. What they haven't been able to collect, they've stored the gentics for to repopulate. From the largest to the minute. I think they've managed 99% of Earth's flora and fawna, so it's looking pretty good for us. Perhaps your people will come up with a similar plan?"

"Well any new world we come to will probably have to have some terraforming done. and if not it will have it's own flora and perhaps animal life as well. We are just trying to save some of the animals and hope we can keep them alive on the new world." he told her.

Lucy nodded again. "The UN have taken that into account also." She replied, "So in the event of that, we're hoping we can integrate the two different eco systems so that both can survive. If not, then I would suppose the UN would select a region that they can terraform and keep like a zoo. That way, our people can still interact with our own animals and it wouldn't disturb the current eco system. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess really." She finished her meal and then rose from her seat. "So where do you keep your data storage crystals? I'd like to see Karvellion's natural animals. Perhaps we can compare them to Earth. I have a feeling that some may be very similar."

Finishing his meal he rose from his chair and again placing a hand on her back, he escorted her to the ship's library. Here was data storage crystals, monitors and stations that could be used to read or look up things. He selected a crystal and placed it in the proper slot and touched the flat screen monitor. It activated and a list came up in his language. He scrolled through the list and came to the Silo where the silozine came from. It was a large creature about six feet tall at the shoulder and about eight feet long. It had a large snout and a horn in the center of its head. "This is the Silo where the silozine comes from."

Lucy looked at the image with a raised brow. "Wow!" She said, "That's one hell of an animal!" She tilted her head slightly to one side, then furrowed her brow again. "Looks a bit like a Rhinosaurus." She looked at Alexin. "It's a large land dwelling mammal with a large horn just above the nasal cavity. In some species, there is a smaller horn placed just above the large one. Rhino's are a protected species in Earth."

He then found the Qualla. It was a large bird about four feet tall, at the shoulder with a neck and head that extended up another three feet. It had two large legs with three toed feet, short wings, and looked as if it could not fly, and it had a large sharp beak. "This is the Qualla."

Lucy almost laughed. The Qualla was identical to an Ostrich. "That's an Ostrich on Earth." She told him. "The largest flightless bird on our planet."

He showed her how to use the crystals and monitor system. "This crystal contains pictures and discriptions of the animales on our world and what they are used for if they are domesticated."

Lucy nodded with a smile and quickly started going through the list of animals. She found at least a hundred similar to earth in a matter of minutes. And one particular pest that had scourged her planet for millions of years. "Ha!" She laughed, "You even have mosquitoes!"

He looked at the insect. "Yes this is a very nasty pest in our southern continent. It is mostly jungle and it is not on our list to bring. It causes a very deadly sickness that can kill." Most of the animals that she could see were large, almost small dinosaur like, or a lot larger then the animals on earth.

Lucy laughed again and nodded, "Oh yes, they're a huge pest to us also and not a species we are willing to save. For thousands of years, they caused a disease known as Malaria. It killed millions of humans and even more animals. The disease itself was wiped out around 200 years ago, but every once in a while, a new strain of the virus crops up and usually in the jungle regions. Also, I've noticed that your animals are a lot larger than mine, so to speak. Earth's biggest living creature is a mammal called a Blue Whale and it lives in the oceans. It can be around 80ft in length and weigh in the region of a hundred tonnes. The largest land animal is a mammal called an Elephant. That stands around 10ft from floor to shoulder and weighs about 2 tonnes. What I've seen here is much greater. I would imagine that their size and weight depends primarily on an oxygen rich atmosphere?"

It was interesting. From what he gathered from her, not only did her race and his have simaliarities, but also the wild life. When she stated that the animals on his world was alot larger and that it could be due to the oxygen rich atmosphere, "That is quite possible." He scrolled to one animal. "This is a Roja. It is the largest bird on our world and the King of the skys." It looked like a giant hawk but with two long plumes come from the forehead that swept back. "We have tamed some of these great ones and are able to ride them through the sky. We are hoping to take a number of their eggs with us in a cool storage to keep them from hatching for a long time."

Lucy went wide eyed at the picture of the Roja. "Good God!" She breathed, "A 10 metre wingspan? That's huge! The largest flight bird we have is an Albatross and that has a wingspan of only 2.2 metres." She shook her head in disbelief. "Alexin." She said, "Some of these creatures are the size of the animals on Earth during the Jurassic and Creataseus periods. About 200 million years ago." She shook her head again. "This is amazing, truly."

He smiled at her awe about the Roja. "Truely a wonderful animal and one that rules the skys of our world. I have ridden them. It takes some training but once you learn how to control them, it is an experience one never forgets." It was strange that on her world the very large animals she called dinosurs died out. "It is hard to say why they have survived so long, but we are glad that they have.

Lucy nodded, "Indeed." She said, then turned to face him. "65 million years ago, Earth was hit by an asteroid approximately a mile and a half wide. It struck the planet with enough force that it caused the planet to cloud over for nearly 5 thousand years. It killed everything but the most hardy plants, some marine animals and a tiny number of simple mammalians. The event wiped out 90% of life on Earth. Clearly, your planet escaped that fate."

"Ahhhhhh I see. I wonder what your world would have been like if such a thing had not happened. Do you think your people would have survived along side these huge creatures?"

Lucy shook her head. "Not a chance." She replied. "At best, we might have evolved to apes, but I think that would have been about it. The dominant species would have been reptilian, as it was then. It was only because of the asteroid that mammals began to flourish and evolve."

"Not so on our world. From what we have discovered, our ancestors evolved and survived. Yes it was a struggle, but from cave drawings we have seen how our ancestors quickly found ways to kill or tame the large creatures. But I think there was a bit of help in it all. Even in those Cave Paintings there are drawings of what we call the Greys. That is why we think they have influenced our development throughout our history."

Lucy nodded again, "It's certainly possible." She replied. "When humans first evolved a language, they left similar paintings in caves and on large rocks. Mostly hunting scenes, but there were a few stranger paintings in the African basins. Perhaps they were able to visit Karvellion first and influence things, but were unable to get to Earth before the asteroid hit? Anything is possible at this point." She turned back to the screen and started going through more images, but what was more, she started matching the sybles of writing to the images. Those that he had named verbally, she began to match again to the writing. Lucy was learning the language and at an incredible rate with the visual aides. "Laexin?" She asked, "Could you show me some more basic stuff? Dictionaries,
phonetics, that kind of thing?"

He pulled out the crystal and selected another. "This has our alphabet." He brought up the alphabet and began going over it with her sounding out each letter to her, and explaining the vowles and such. "This might help you. Then the rest of this crystal is what you call a dictionary, with the explaination of the words."

Lucy nodded again and started going through the basic alphabet with Alexin. To anyone looking in, Lucy was in her element now, doing something she had been passionate about for years. She got through it quickly, getting it right quicker and quicker until Alexin showed her the dictionary. Lucy reckoned she could get through it in a few days. When Alexin was speaking the vowels and basic words to her, she made sure to look directly at his mouth so she could mimick the movement. She wanted to get it right. What she didn't realize was that every few minutes and the passage of a new word, she got just that little bit closer to him, studying his voice so hard that everything else was drowned out...

It seemed that Lucy was enjoying every minute of it. She was again learning his language and it seemed she had a passion for learning. He had a feeling that she would learn it quite fast. Perhaps even faster then he had originally thought. He sat on the edge of the station as she went over the alphabit, and then the begining of thier language.

Repetition was the key here and Lucy used it to her full advantage. After a while, she got out of her chair to stand more level with Alexin. It brought her closer still to him as she soaked up the knowledge. Eventually, as she started being able to string a basic sentence together, Lucy was barely 6 inches from Alexin. Then she moved onto something a little mroe complicated. "I like you very much, Alexin." She said, "It is hard to keep my control." And in his own language. It was still a little sketchy and a few of her vowels were tacky, but the words themselves could be understood...

Alexin removed the communications device and smiled. "You are learning quickly." he moved a bit closer to her. "Why keep control of what you feel. Is it wrong to let go?" he asked her.

It took Lucy a minute or two to understand what he said, but she eventually pieced it all together. "I'm scared to." She replied carefully, moving her tongue slightly differently to create the smooth sound of the language. "I don't want to risk it going wrong."

How do you know if it would go wrong if you do not try?" He asked her. "One should not be afraid to show their feelings." he moved a bit closer placing a hand on her cheek. "

Lucy shook her head slightly as she pieced together his words and then thought over what she needed to say back. "I'm scared we won't be compatible." She told him. "I can feel you..here." She patted her chest. "If it not work, I will hurt here." Almost there...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:13 am

Indeed earth women were completely different then those on his world. The men on his world would have to get use to that or the women of earth would have to change. Perhaps seeing how the women of his world were, would encourage them to emulate them. He knew by the way Gibbons and Michael looked, the men of earth would enjoy the women of his. "You must learn to trust your instincts." he caressed the side of her face, "What does your instincts tell you?"

On Karvella the exodus was getting underway. There were those that decided to stay saying that they would use up precious resources that the young needed. Others decided to stay to see if their world would survive, they were convinced that the scientists were wrong. But Alexin's father, Thorell, was wrong. Something had been done. The Council of Elders were no fools and had taken precautions years before. Around the furthest planet of their solar system a huge Ark had been built. The largest ship ever built by Karvella. It would contain the bulk of thier population along with animals and the like. Thorell was surprised but heartened at the news when he was told. It had been made in secret so as not to create a panic, incase the scientists had been wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 am

Lucy couldn't quite form the words she needed in his language, so she gave him back the headpiece. "Every fibre of me wants to experience you, but I'm scared if I don't satisfy you." She told him in English. "Most other women wouldn't hesitate, I'm sure, but I can't shake that feeling that I wouldn't be enough for you."...

Alexin replaced the headpeice and listened to her. Her argument was one that held merit. "So you wish to continue to wait." he asked her. He would be able to. They had a long trip ahead of them.

Lucy half nodded, "It would be the best thing to do." She said, but then turned her cheek into his hand, "Though I don't know just how long I can do that."

He chuckled, and caressed her cheek some more. "Well when you decide you can not wait any longer let me know."

Lucy smiled and nodded, "You'll be the first to know." She said as her hand came up to caress his. It was amazing to know that someone was so into her like Alexin was, though she did have that paranoid doubt that wouldn't go away. If the women were so promiscuous, it seemed fitting that the men would be the same. Still, at this moment in time, it was her that he was interested in and she would savour it for as long as she could. Just then a voice came over the intercom. Progenia had passed the last marker on its course to Earth. As predicted, the gas giant had just grazed the outer atmosphere of Mars. Lucy looked up at the speaker. "What did hee just say?"

Alexin told her what had been said, and then he touched his wrist com and replied. "Continue to monitor its path." It seemed as if the two solar systems were colliding more rapidly then expected. He had thought they would have more time then that. But it also ment that the time back to Karvella would be shortened quite a bit. "It will not take us as long to reach Karvella as it did to get here." he told her.

Lucy gave a puzzled look. "But it can't be. She replied, "Progenia isn't supposed to reach there until Friday. It's only Tuesday now." She moved away from him slightly and turned back to the large screen in front of her. "Could you bring up what's happening on this?" She asked.

His hands moved over the keyboard and soon the image of the large planet came into view. Already it was creating havoc on the surface of Mars. Soon the planet would be torn apart and become part of the astoriod belt. "I think the close proxsimity of the two suns are drawing the systems together alot sooner then expected."

Lucy couldn't believe it. What she had intitially though for the time scale had been crucial for the exodus and what she was seeing now had drastcially reduced that scale. Figuring out the numerics on the keyboard, she began typing in her own equasions. Slowely at first, but she soon picked up the pace. "But that only gives Earth another 6 days!" She breathed, "That's not enough time. Only 30% of the population has been moved so far. If they stick to the time scale, they won't be able to get out of the blast radius in time." She looked up at Alexin with worried eyes. "There's still over 6 billion people down there!"...

His people had not expected that Lucy's planet would have such a large population. Their's had been decreased by the wars that had been fought. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Your leaders must get as many as possible aboard your ships and leave." Saving all would be impossible.

Lucy shook her head again. "Everything had been planned on my last predictions, Alexin." She said, "There's no way they could move that many people in such little time." She looked back at the screen, putting in some more numbers. "By my calculations, there would only be 10% that would survive the collision. And that's being hopeful. The majority of the military organizations have already gone and the private sector are already charging way over the odds. There's no way it can be done." She then closed her eyes and let her head drop. "And my mother and brother are still down there. They won't escape in time either."

"They have the ship and I am sure that seeing how close the danger is, they will leave as fast as they can." he said softly. "As for the others, unless something happens to slow the planets speed then there one can only hope that your leaders get as many as possible to safety." Another message came over the com. "Sir something is forming infront of the planet. Some sort of anomilly that seems to be slowing its progress."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Lucy began going over all her equasions on the large computer, trying to figure out how and where she had gone wrong, but no matter how many times she ran the sequences, she got the same result. "I don't understand." She said, "The math is sound. I don't know what's changed."..

"Perhaps the two suns' magnetic fields are such that they are drawing each other closer, therefore drawing the planets with them." He heard the message over the comms. "But it seems something else is happening." his hands flew over the keyboard and brought up an image of the planet on a large screen on the wall. There it was with some sort of strange twisting and swirling mass of what looked
to be gas or perhaps some form of energy.

Lucy shook her head. "I accounted for that already." She replied, "And the result is still the same." When Alexin moved to the keyboard, she looked on and then wide eyed at the anomaly. "That isn't right." she said, "What is that? Where has it come from?"...

Alexin shook his head. "No idea. It looks as if what ever it is has slowed the planet down significantly." One could see what appeared to be pressure waves, as the planet pressed against what ever it was. Multi colored lights spread across the outer atmosphere of the planet. Another message came over the comms. "Sir sensors detecting that the internal mass of the planet's core is larger then what we measured upon our departure of our solar system."

Lucy listened to the message, able to pick out a few bits and pieces. The core was bigger. she looked back at Alexin, then the screen again, "What the hell is that?"

"What ever it is, it has slowed the planet significantly. I have a feeling we have been helped by someone." he looked at Dani. "You don't have anything like that and neither do my people."

Lucy turned fully to the screen to study it. As she did that, she began tapping away at the keyboard. She began running scans for thermals, electricals, biometrics. Anything that would give them an idea. After running all of them, a faint, but distinctive image began to appear. It looked like a massive disc shaped object that was emitting massive amounts of electrical radiation and heat. "That's your source." She offered..

He studdied the disk. "Does that remind you of anything?" he asked her. He had seen the images of the craft that had crashed on his planet that his people got their technology from. The disk looked amazingly like that one.

Lucy stared at the image for a good minute or so. Then she furrowed her brow, then tilted her head the other way. "Reminds me of the alien discs that were documented in the 20th and 2st centuries."

"I hope that it can hold it long enough to get more of your people off world." he told Lucy. "Come we will have a better view on the bridge and also better access to the sensor readings." he took her by the arm and began leading her out of the room.

Lucy nodded her agreement and followed Alexin to the bridge. The crew already had the image up on the large viewing screen and she was quick to get as close as possible to look at it in more detail. "Could someone bring up a full radial diagnostic?" She asked, "So that we could see it out of the context of the planets? I'd like to get a better look, please."...

Alexin grinned as she spoke in his language. Those on the bridge suddenly stopped and looked at her in surprise. He motioned to one of the bridge crew closet to the proper consel. The man turned and moved his hand over its surface and the image on the screen changed.

The image came up and Lucy furrowed her brow to look more closely. "Turn it over please? Start with 90 degrees, then elevate to 180?" She barely even realized what language she was speaking, she was studying the ship too intently...

The man again adjusted the image as the others resumed their duties. Alexin watched as she studied the image. "What do you think?" he asked her.

Lucy shook her head. "It's definitely a radial discus ship of some kind." She replied, "But...." She sucked her teeth and cocked her head to one side again, "I don't see how it could be causing the disturbance." She shrugged her shoulders, "The amount of energy required to repel a gas giant and Earth would be unimagineable."..

If it was who he thought it was, then it wasn't unimagineable. He beleived that the Greys were way more advanced then they were and probably had technology they could not even think of. But why were they helping, why had they interfered with both worlds evolution? "Trust me. If these are the Greys I told you about, I beleive they have that technology."

"Then why have they waited so long?" She asked back, "Why didn't they get involved when it could have made a difference? All they've done is delay the inevitable. Earth and her system will still be destroyed, your's as well and millions of others all around both galaxies." she shook her head, then took a deep breath. "Either way, there might be enough time, but the intervention will give the religious people cause to keep even more people behind. They might think the Greys are there to stop the collision: Some miracle from God and all that stuff." She moved back a little and touched a consol near her. "Can I run physics from this?2..

Alexin nodded, and ran his hand over the consol and entered a code so she could use it. "There you go." he removed the device from his head and collaspsed it, and put it away in a loop on his belt. It seemed he would not need it with her.

Lucy smiled and sat down to run her equations again. With the Grey's interferance, it gave Earth another day, maybe two at the most. "Well." She told Alexin, and the bridge really. "earth has maybe another 36 hours. Maybe another 6 on top of that, but that's it. The cores are too strong to be kept apart any longer than that."..

Alexin nodded as he looked over the information she was bringing up. "I think they want to get only a certain amount of people off your world. It looks as if you don't have enough ships for the evacuation of everyone." he told her. On another screen, they could see ships leaving Earth and the moon. "How many do you think your ships will be able to carry." he asked her.

Lucy shrugged her shoulders again, "Basic transport can carry upwards of 300. Cargos can carry a few thousand. Most of them have been outfitted with extra storage for personal items and some more people. There was enough for pretty much everyone that didn't have their own transports. Well, those that wanted to leave."..

It didn't seem like there were enough. Not for six billion. "We can only hope now that as many get away as possible." he placed a hand on her shoulder. He turned to the captain. "How long before we reach Karvella? The captain looked at a data pad. Thirty days. A third of the time it took us to get here."

Lucy nodded in agreement. All she could do was hope. With a nod of thanks, she let the crewman have his consol back and moved to stand next to Alexin. "A month?" She asked, "That's amazing!"

"The information sent to your leaders, will give your people the ability to travel as fast as we do. Once they are away from your solar system they can make the modifications to the ships engines." they would arrive at his home world but would not be able to stay long. The debrie from the collision would be heading for Karvella within a couple days. They might have just that amount of time after they get there before his world was obliterated.

Lucy nodded and then moved away from the bridge. "I'd like to see more of Karvellian life." She said to Alexin, "Cultural experiences, history, that kind of thing. Would you show me?"..

Alexin nodded. He again lead her back to the Library. "Here is all our history." he told her. "What would you like to see?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Lucy smiled as she entered the library and looked at all the crystals. "All of it preferably." She replied, "Everything that you have." She then moved closer once more and took the device off his head again. "It helps me learn better." She told him in Karvellion...

Alexin grinned and nodded and placed a crystal in the data slot. "This is of one of the earliest records of our people." he told her. View of large pyrimids apeared on the screen and a voice describing them and how long that they had exsisted, and who it was thought built it. It also went on to tell about how the huge blocks of stone had to be transported hundreds of miles to the site where
they were built. How the stones were so perfectly fit within the inner chambers that not even the thinest of metal blades could fit in between them and that they had been polished to such smoothness that it was impossible for the people of the time to have done it. It went on telling that of all the ruins in the area, that the main pyrimid had no carvings, no pictures, murals, nothing.

Lucy read it all eagerly, finding so many similarities already between Karvellions ancient past and Earth - The Egyptians. Once that crystal had depleted, she picked another, hoping it followed on in sequence...

The next crystal went on to describe more pyrimids built thousands of miles apart, across oceans and again the ancient civiliazation at the time was not able to have the tools or the ability to transport such masive blocks of stone vast distances. They were compared to the other pyrimids and how writings and pictographs had told the story of the gods building them and teaching the people many things before leaving, promising to return some day. Then it continued on with the building of cities and the study of the stars, far in advance of the technology of the time. The next crystal then went on some time and the how some things picked up in technology and how life improved for all. Continued on to the middle ages and the loss of all that technology through wars and superstitions. Then again enlightenment but more wars, the development of technology thruogh war that almost destroyed the entire civilization of the planet, but here and there some strange leaps of technology that saved it.

Lucy felt like she was reading her own race's history. Nearly every era, age and leap through time matched Earth perfectly. all except a few small details. Karvellia had not been struck by an asteroid and there had been fewer wars. As it stood, Earth had suffered four worldwide wars, three of them in as many centuries. Also, there had been a slight shift in religion. Karvellia only seemed have a few, whereas Earth had seen many. Beyond that, she could have mistaken it as a single timeline of history for both worlds. "This is amazing." She told him. "Our worlds are so alike in their histories, it's almost four." She idn't realise the mistake, meaning to say fantastic as the words were quite similar...

He looked at her raising a brow. "So your history is very simalar to ours then." he asked her. He wondered if the Greys had done it all on purpose. Helped both races, intervened here and there to give a boost to technology and medicne. He had a strange feeling that everything had been done to prepare the two races to meet. To have the two races be compatable. Could the Greys have known that the two galaxcies would merge? He also wondered about the countless other worlds out there that could contain life. Did they do the same with them? Who were they?

Lucy watched as Alexin seemed to trail off into thought and she wondered what he was thinking. But she had her own thoughts on the matter. He had mentioned the Greys a number of times and pondered the idea that they had much to do with both worlds. The similarities were too close to be a coincidence. In the silence that followed, Lucy inserted a number of more crystals, learning about their writen and spoken languages, how it had evolved over time and the thinking of the times that had sparked it...

The crystals told her of the culture, how at first they belived in a multitude of gods but after a few centuries had come to realize that there was but one creator and that was what they called him The Creator. It was beleived he had created all life in the universe. But they did not believe he created them to worship him but to work towards one day meeting him. It had been misguided beliefs at times that had lead to the wars that had almost destroyed them. Most of the ancient cultures followed closely that of earth with some deviations. She came to the part where the women of their world became their most precious treasure and a change in the way men looked at them. They were equals now and neither strived to out do the other. It did not matter who was the smartest or the toughest, both sexes were honored for their achievements and not one claiming success over the other.

It was only really the last part of their history that deviated from what Lucy knew. In many of Earth's cultures, women were still classed as property or second class and even in the modern societies, women still had a lot to prove. Sure, there were more women in power, but they had to work twice as hard for half the respect and they had to give up twice as much for half the opportunities. It would seem then that the Karvellion race were not just technologically advanced, but socially and culturally too. She liked this race more and more...

It seemed Lucy was very intrested in the cultural aspects of his race, especially the part were women were considered equals and honored. "Does not your people hold your sex in high regard and as equals?" he asked.

Lucy laughed, "On paper, sure." She replied, "But in practice, we still have a long way to go."

He shook his head. "They need to learn how valuable your sex is to the whole race." he told her. "We learned it the hard way and ever since have come to look upon the women of our race as equals and more." They had best learn and fast, esxpecially now that the majority of their race was headed for death.

Lucy smiled again, "Well, the men of my race are still learning." She said. "Women still have to fight hard for what they get and they have to keep fighting to keep it for the most part."

Again he shook his head, It seemed that his race was more advanced then her's in several aspects. His people would have to help her's realize a few things. "Well perhaps we can help there." he grinned. Time had passed, "I think you have assorbed enough for now." he chuckled.

Lucy sat back in the chair and laughed this time. "I would be careful there." She told him, "Some of them like the way thigns are and have been. Treading on them won't do you any favours and we're supposed to be finding ways of cohabitating, yes?" She laughed again at his comment and shook her head, "We've only been at this for a few days. I've studied for a week non stop without sleep and still passed with flying colours. This is nothing to me."

He laughed. "Ah but you were not an important guest to another race and we would not want you to get sick or something" He gently took her by the arm and helped her up out of the chair. "I think some refreshments are in order.

Lucy laughed again and rose to her feet. "Ok." She conceeded, "You win this time, but I'm not as fragile as you take me for."

"There will be plenty of time to look at all the crystals. You will have plenty of time on your hands during the trip to my world. So there is no need to try and see it all in one day." he grinned. He escorted her back to the galley for some food and drink. Her brother was there, all grins and with a few bruises. Carona was sitting next to him and laughing at something. Her brother grinned and then winced in pain.

Lucy entered the galley ready to eat, but when she saw her brother bruised and looking rather much in pain for a moment, the hair on Lucy's neck stood up. The woman he had met was sat with him and looking quite pleased with herself. Michael spotted his sister and quickly got up. She was about to kick off, that much was clear. "Lucy." He said, "Don't panic. This isn't what it looks like." Lucy looked at her brother with one brow lifted, "Oh really." She replied, then glared at Carona, "And what is it exactly, that I'm supposed to be looking at?" Her temper was flaring quickly...

Carona stood up an apologitic look on her face. "It is my fault. Your brother wanted to learn some of our martial arts and I was trying to teach him. He missed blocking a couple blows. It is not serious. I do apolgise for it."

Lucy lifted the other brow to match and then stared at her brother. Her forehead began to wrinkle a little as the corners of her mouth curled up. And then, in the middle of the galley, she cracked up laughing. Everyone turned to stare at her in shock and then amusement. Michael just stood there turning pink with embarrassment. "Lucy." he pleaded quietly, "You're making me look bad in front of Carona." Lucy laughed a little more and then quietened it with a nod. "Thank you." He offered, then, "Hows things with you and the Ambassador?" Now Lucy blushed a little, "Going just nicely." She replied quietly, "And before you say anything, no. I haven't slept with him yet, though you seem happy to swing it about a little." "Sure!" He said, "These women are well up for some fun, but Carona is different, so don't dig, ok?"
Lucy nodded..

Alexin grinned. It was good that Michael was wanting to learn their techniques of fighting. From what he told his sister, he could see he really liked Carona and that she was taken with him. Alexin looked at Carona who looked down a bit. "Just be more careful in the future. Take it slow teaching him until he has learned more." She nodded and then locked one of her arms with one of Michael's "I will get the hang of it sir." Michael told Alexin. I have a black belt in one of our own martial arts. I just miscalculated Carona's speed." He grinned looking at her, "won't do that again."

Lucy grinned to herself and then looked at Carona more closely. she cocked her head to one side, almost measuring the other woman up. She was cautious, but she liked her. The two women smiled at each other, then Lucy spotted something in Carona. She didn't say anything, not yet, but she would later with Alexin. "Ok then." She offered to her brother and his new girlfriend, "Have fun."...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:08 am

Alexin watched the exchange of words and smiled. It seemed Michael did not want Lucy blaming Corona for his injuries. He was a noble man defending the honor of a woman. He liked Michael. He was definately not like his other brother that probably would have gotten himself into a lot trouble. Lucy took it in stride and had laughed about the whole thing. It seemed things were alright so he took Lucy by the elbow and directed her to a table. Even in the short time that she had been on board, the cook already knew what not to give her and brought out something else that would be more pleaseing to her.

That was part of the mans job. Learn what people liked and have it ready. Most of the time the crew had certain things they ate all the time, and once and a while would change to something else. He was a very talented cook and had a very good memory. "This is from one of our oceans." he explained as he served the seafood platter. "It is a sample of the bountiful abundance that swims in our oceans. It is lightly seasoned and I hope to your taste and cooked in a special sauce." he poured Alexin and Lucy what looked to be a hot black liquid, but was not coffee. "The drink is made from a plant that grows only in one particular part of our planet. It makes for a wonderful hot drink." Then he poured them some water and then left.

Alexin took his hot (tea) and took a sip and then began to eat. Looking up her father came in and headed to their table. "Mind if I join you?" he asked and pulled up a chair. Alexin put on the translator and asked, "Is there something wrong?"

Lucy's father grinned and said, "Well not really, but......." he looked at his daughter a bit of read creeping to his cheeks. "It is just... well... I have only just recently been divorsed.... and.... you know. " he was a bit embarased to talk about what he wanted to. "Are all the women of your race so forward?"

Alexin could not help but chuckle. "You could say so, but we really don't see it that way." he looked over at Lucy, then turned back to her father. "We let the women decide if they wish to do something. Though the men usually let he women know that they are interested in them. But if a woman takes a particular intrest in a man well she will let him know, and will not be shy about sexual relations. I take it one of the crew has shown an intrest in you."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Lucy was being served fish, well, some varient of it anyway. She stabbed her fork into one piece that flaked like fish, brought it up to her nose and sniffed it. The smell of salt was unmistakeable, but an underlying acidic smell made her wonder. She tasted it lightly and then smiled, "Taste's like Sea Bass." She said, then tried another bit. That tasted like calamari (squid), but was a little less chewy. All in all, it was wonderful. The hot black liquid was a little harder to place. It smelled a little like tea, but the taste was something rather extraordinary. It was delicious though. Then Marcus turned up and Lucy looked up with a smile. "Of course, Dad." She chirped.

The man sat down and started asking Alexin a question about tthe women. She laughed quietly over her meal, remembering a similar if not the same conversation between Alexin and Gibbons and to an extent, Michael too. She watched as Marcus confirmed that indeed, one of the crew, a woman named Lanrae from navigation had shown an interest in him. Lucy's eyes then went back to her meal. Everyone was pairing off quite quickly. There was only her now that hadn't made a move. It made her chuckle at herself inwardly. Her peers had considered her either frigid or just plain anti-sex.

"She's a really nice woman and all, but I'm really not looking for anything more than a fling." Marcus continued. "Needs and all aside, I don't want to give her any false hope, you see." A gentleman as always. Lucy thought his breed a rare thing these days, but at least it didn't appear a purely human trait. Her eyes difted briefly to Alexin as she carried on eating. The platter was quite large and she found she couldn't eat all of it. She did finish the 'tea' though and looked forward to the next cup of it. Then, she made to stand up. "I'll leave you two to your conversation in peace." She offered in excuse, "I think I'd like to take a walk; help this meal go down." she smiled and made to move away from the table.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Alexin shook his head. Of course the men from earth would spark an intrest in the women of his world. Gibbons and Michael had taken an intrest in the women that had expressed their intrest in them, but Marcus was not sure what he wanted it seemed. He listened to what Marcus was saying and he could understand his position. His wife had just cut their relationship off and from the ages of Lucy and Michael, they had been together for a good number of years. He could see that the man did not want to get into anything serious, not for a while. Not until he thought things through and figured out what he wanted to do.

Alexin looked at Lucy as she excused her self from the table. It seemed that she was not wanting to get involved with any advice that Alexin could give her father. She was a hard one to understand at times. She was definately not like the women of his world. He nodded as she left and then turned to her father. "Well like your daughter has told me, she does not want to do anything yet and I will respect that. So I would say that you inform Lanrae of what has transpired between you and your former wife. That you would not mind her attentions but need to wait and see what you really want. I am sure she will respect that. Like your daughter and I. Talk, do things together and see if you would not mind a longer relationship with her." That was the best advice he could give the man.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Marcus listened carefully and took the other man's advice. with a small laugh, he said, "I've been out of the datingg game so long, I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I mean, Jean and me were married for 26 years. Got married straight out of college, ya know?" He shook his head again and sat back in the chair. His thoughts then turned to Lucy. It made him smile, but this time more distantly; like his memories of her were playing in sequence through his mind.

"I worry for her sometimes, Alexin." He said quietly, "It's like she's terrified of anything that she can't analyse and catalogue. She's always been a little off like that, always had her nose in a book or her data screens and worrking on something that no-one else could possibly understand. At first, people thought there was something wrong with her. Autism was the first conclusion, but she proved it false. When she graduated high school two years ahead of everyone else, I wanted her to be registered as gifted. It would have given her so much more opportunity, but Jean wouldn't have it. It would mark her as different and she wanted Lucy to grow up and be a normal person." he laughed again quietly. "She certainly proved us all wrong with that. But I'm glad in a way too. It's defined who she is now and I'm proud of her." He leaned forward slightly on the table now and looked at Alexin directly. "I'm glad that you've managed to break through to her. All most people see is the graduate genius with a load of silver stuck in her skin and those that don't see that, see a little girl lost in the outside world. I think you'll be good for her."

During her father and Alexin's conversation, Lucy had found herself wandering some of the lower decks of the ship. She didn't remember seeing this part before. It seemed more relaxed than the rest of the ship. Still ordered and well placed, but somewhat more easy going. As she walked, she found a large gymnasium to one side and she could hear water being sprayed, so it obviously had its own shower facilities. To her other side, there was a large line of sauna and steam rooms. Some of them were occupied. At the far end was what really captured Lucy's attention. She could barely believe it possible, but in front of her was a full sized olympic swimming pool. One wall was lit up and gave the impression of glass. The other walls and the floor was tiled to compliment. At one end of the pool was a large jacuzzi and at the other, a selection of diving boards. On the far side, there were changing rooms with everything provided. Lucy couldn't resist.

After the short change, Lucy took her first step into the pool and sighed with delight. It was just warm enough to be comfortable. The white swim suit became translucent on her skin, seeming to mould to her shape to cause less friction in the water. She swam a length or two to get the blood flowing and relax her muscles and then simply floated around, letting the water wash away the day. As she floated, she closed her eyes and made a star shape in the water and drifted into daydream...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Alexin listened to what Lucy's father said about his daughter. He already knew she was a very intelligent woman and she would fit in with his people. The only thing she had to do was come out of her shell on certain things and then she would really be a part of his world. Knowing that Marcus would be able to handle Lanrae and he was sure she would give him time to think things out. It would not do to start something and find that it would not work out. He was finished with he meal and he thought he would go see where Lucy had gotten herself off to. He excused himself and went to look for her.

He checked the library but she was not there. So he called the bridge and had them set their internal sensors to detect the presence of those from earth. They gave the locations of each of the four on board. Marcus and Michael he knew were in the galley. Gibbons would be the one in engineering and that left one on a lower deck in the pool area. He took the elevator down to the deck and entered the pool area. He saw her in the pool swimming and floating there. Her tatoos were clearly revealed. He smiled and stood at the edge of the pool watching her. The material of the swim suit she wore revealed her body more then she probably realized. Of course the women of his race rarely used swim ware. They swam nude because they were proud of their bodies and did not mind showing them off. "Well now this is nice." he spoke to reveal his presence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum