The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collision Course

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Collision Course - Page 3 Empty Re: Collision Course

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Lucy had been floating there for probably close to an hour when Alexin arrived and so really didn't expect to see him. When she heard his voice through the water, she snapped back to reality again and righted upself with a loud splash. "Jesus H Christ!" She breathed, rubbing the water that had splashed into her face. When she saw him though, she calmed again instantly and smiled, smoothing her hair. With a laugh, she told him, "Do you always sneak up on people like that?"

After that initial shock and realisation that she was comfortable around him, she moved forward slightly in the water. It glistened on her silver implants and made her tattooes glow against her skin. "I think I've found my new favourite place to be on your ship." She told him, "Though I still adore your library. Do you swim, Alexin?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:37 pm

He looked down at her in the water and grinned. He nodded to her question and began to strip down. His body was muscular but not overly. One could see that there was really no fat on his body, or very little. He enjoyed working out and keeping his body in shape. Soon he stood naked at the side of the pool and then dove into the water and swam up to her. Wiping the water from his face with a hand, he looked at her some more. "I am glad you like this. I usually come here as often as I can to swim and relax. Long journies in space need a multitude of activities to keep one in shape and amused. Working all the time would be extremely hard on a person."

"I see you have found one of the swim ware. Usually though we do not use them."

"I see you have found

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Lucy almost died of shock when Alexin simply stripped down and jumped in. her first thought was to cover her eyes, but once he got up close to her and explained, she somewhat relaxed again. "I see." she replied, "So the swimwear has been provided for us humans?"...

"No not really. Some do feel the need to cover themselves some what. Does it bother you to swim naked?" he asked her.

Lucy opened her mouth to answer, but then closed it again. A slight blush took her cheeks and she cocked her mouth in half a smile. "It should, but it doesn't." She admitted, actually having a look through the water at him. "I kinda like it."..

He chuckled a bit, as he looked down into the water at her body. "The suits hide very little." he could see through the material and liked what he saw. He moved up close to her and put his arms around her. "So do you wish to continue waring the swim suit?"

"It does?" Lucy looked down at herself and finally relaized what he was staring at. "Oh my god!" She breathed, then blushed deeper. What was the point of covering what could not be hidden, she thought and finally shrugged her shoulders, "What's the point?" She asked back, "Now that you've seen everything." She moved back slightly and wriggled out of the suit. She left it to float away on the water and held her arms up. "How's that?"...

He grinned and said, "Ah very beautiful i would say." he told her and moved forwad again taking her into his arms again and feeling the soft and warmth of her naked flesh. "I think by the time we reach my world, you will be much at home with it as we were."

Lucy laughed nervously and looked around, hoping no-one else was there. "I doubt that." She replied, "But I'll certainly give it my best shot." Under the water, the silver nodules in her skin down her thighs and around her belly button and middle seemed to shimmer as the water moved around her. It was like she was glittering...

He had noticed the small implants. they did not look bad on her but he still wondered why if she had left the life that had made her get them behind, why she kept them. But that was not important at the moment. His hands moved over her back as her lovely tits pressed against his chest.

Alexin was getting closer by the second and when she felt him press up against her, it was like being electricuted, but in a good way. "Well." She breathed, "This is the first time I've ever done this skinny dipping thing." But her hands still slid around his lower neck and she smiled at him...

"Does this bother you?" he asked her. He could see she was a bit nervous. But he continued to move his hands up and down her back lightly and got closer to her ass each time.

Lucy laughed as she shook her head, but then nodded right after. She laughed again, "I just get weird around this stuff is all. I..."..

"Why do you get nervous around 'this stuff'?" he asked her. "It is a natural thing between men and women is it not?" his hands finally reached her ass caressing her ass cheeks a bit before moving back up her back.

Lucy jumped slightly as she felt his hands on her ass and giggled again before she frowned slightly, "I already told you why." She said quietly, but then perked up again, "I am however, learning that it can be very pleasant."...

He smiled. "Yes with the right person it can always be pleasent." he brought a hand up to her face and caressed it and moved his head closer to hers. His other hand moved down and rested on her ass cheeks. He waited to see what she would do.

Lucy shuddered with unexpected delight and closed her eyes as her head moved forward to his. Her lips brushed over his just enough to be felt and she shuddered again. "You know that I'm falling for you, don't you." She whispered...

To answer her question, he pressed his lips against hers and kissed her, letting his toung push past her lips and flick over her toung. His hand moved around to the back of her head and held her there as he kissed her long and deep.

Lucy took a sharp breath as their lips finally met and she kissed him back fervently. Her fingers locked in his hair and she pressed herself tight against him. Eventually though, she had to breath properly again and broke the kiss to look into his eyes. She smiled, a full smile, enough that it crinkled the corners of her eyes and covered her entire face...

He had a feeling that she was ready now to let her self go and enjoy what might come. "So have you decided then?" he asked her just to make sure.

Slowly, but surely, Lucy nodded and then leaned in a little, "Just be gentle." She asked....

He placed his forehead against hers and moved them to the shallower waters where he could stand. Once there he moved his hand down from her head to take one of her tits in it and squeeze it. "If I am to rough with you, let me know."

Lucy nodded as she sighed in pleasure at his touch and let her head rest against his happily. "I'll let you know." She whispered. Once in the shallow water, she put her feet down and moved them to the wall. All the while, she kept her eyes on his...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Alexin slowly turned them and moved her to the side of the pool, so her back was against the wall of it. He moved his hand down to her other tit and squeezed them both as he again claimed her lips for a deep and passionate kiss.

Lucy kissed him back with a deep groan, leaning right into him. feeling his hands squeezing her breasts was wonderful and she groaned happily as the nipples stood up stiff to his touch. It was clear she was thoroughly enjoying this..

Alexin felt her nipples harden and then heard her groan in pleasure. Breaking the kiss he kissed the side of her face then moved down to her neck and shoulders, nipping a bit at her neck with his teeth. His hands continued to squeeze her tits.

Every kiss was pure pleasure and Lucy soaked it all up like a sponge. The heat rising between her legs began to ache and she groaned deeply with it. Alexin had barely begun and she was already desperate to feel him inside her. Her body let him know plenty of this as she pressed her hips forward to him and pushed her head back to expose more of her neck....

Her groaning and breathing told him she was already ready for him. Moving his hands down to her hips and lifted her up. The water helped keep her boyant. With one hand he held her in place and moved his hard cock up to her pussy and slowly eased it in.

Lucy braced her arms around his neck as he lifted her up and put his cock her to opening. Already knowing how well endowed he was, she knew it would be a tight fit. She tried to relax as much as possible and the water helped. The shaft eased into her and she hissed as she felt her walls being stretched. The discomfort was incredibly short though and soon enough, she sighed deeply in pleasure..

Now that she was lifted up and his cock fully embedded in her pussy, her tits were high enough for him to take one in his hand and squeeze it as he flicked his tought over its nipple. He began moving his hips a bit to move his cock in and out of her pussy a bit.

Lucy almost howled in delight as she began moving in and out of her. The flicks of his tongue over her nipple made her shudder and it wasn't long before she was moving her hips on him. As he thrust up into her, she rolled her hips upward, rubbing her clit over him. Her naisl dug into his shoulders as she leaned her head back against the edge of the pool. Her legs came up further to wrap around his back and she locked her ankles...

With her legs locked around his waist, and her hands on his shoulders, he had free access to her lovely tits and he squeezed and kissed them as she moved herself on his hard cock. He suckled on her tits, one after the other. Then he moved up from her tits, to her throat and neck.

Lucy moved more urgently now, taking him deep into her and when his kissing moved up to her throat and around her neck, she let go of his shoulders to grip his hair. She tightened herself as much as she could around his shaft as she moved a little faster and harder...
:
As she moved harder and faster on him he continued to squeeze her tits a bit harder and moved his hips a bit harder, thrusting his cock deeper into her pussy.

Lucy began to cry out now as her body screamed with passion. As he thrust up harder, she pressed down harder. The extra stimulation to her clit intensified everything and the deep ache became a savage burning in her core. She moved on him even harder and with much more urgency...

He could feel her body shaking with desire. It would not be long before she had her orgasim and he was wanting to make sure he filled her with his hot cum at the same time. So he began to fuck her harder. She felt so good to his hands and her pussy around his cock.

The burn intensified further as Alexin picked up the pace and it wasn't long before Lucy felt her body racing to orgasm. Each thrust now brought a deep gutteral shout betwen her clenched teeth. Then her body suddenly tensed and she tightened her walls on his shaft again. Another thrust and Lucy unlocked her jaw, screaming as her body turned a deep blush colour. Her lips darkened to an The burn intensified further as Alexin picked up the pace and it wasn't long before Lucy felt her body racing to orgasm. Each thrust now brought a deep gutteral shout betwen her clenched teeth. Then her body suddenly tensed and she tightened her walls on his shaft again. Another thrust and Lucy unlocked her jaw, screaming as her body turned a deep blush colour. Her lips darkened to an almost cherry colour and she gripped tightly with her nails..

As she screamed out her pleasure, he rammed his cock up inside her once more and held it there as he pumped his cum up into her pussy, and let out a growl of pleasure and satisfaction of his own.

Lucy let out another scream as Alexin shot his cum into her. It burned deeply and her breath caught in her throat as her body tensed a final time. After that, her vision went hazy and she took deep breaths to compensate. After a few minutes, she began to relax and gave Alexin a dozy smile. Her head moved forward and she kissed him tenderly. "Thank you." She whispered...

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Alexin held her to him tightly as she had her release and screamed out her pleasure. When she thanked him softly, he kisssed her neck, then looked into her eyes, then kissed her lips gently. "It is I who should thank you." he smiled.

Lucy kissed him back tenderly and then let her legs relax. "I hope the pool gets cleaned regular." She offered, then giggled...

As his cock receeded from her pussy, she lowered her legs to stand on the pool floor once again. He slowly walked them to the ladder. He exited the pool and helped her up out of it. "You look quite lovely naked. " he told her as he grinned.

Lucy eased herself out of the pool, but was looking around cautiously. She wasn't ready to be seen like this by others just yet. "Thanks." She said nervously, "You don't look so bad yourself."...

He chuckled and guided her over to where he had stripped and picked up his clothes and then took her to where her's was. As he walked with her he had his hand on her ass cheeks. She had taken the first step now to a more relaxed and interesting life. But she still had to decide wether she would keep her own quarters or move in with him.

Lucy moved quickly to a large towel rail and wrapped one around her just as quickly. She would get dressed when she had dried off. When she turned to face him again, she seemed more relaxed again. "well." she sighed, "That was certainly a bit different." She gave a lopsided grin and laughed a little. "Is that something you do often, Alexin?"...

He chuckled. "It all depends on the situation. My race do prefer privacy when they have sex, but they are not afraid to have fore play where others can see. As for doing it in the pool, I think some have done it there." he reached up and caressed her face.

Lucy lifted an eyebrow, "I see." She said, "And just how many situations have you been in?" For all intent and purpose, she was asking him how many women he had slept with...

He raised a brow at the question she asked him. He knew that she had tried and had some bad experiences with sex. Her race looked upon sex a bit differently then his in some ways. He had enjoyed sex with a few women of his race, but they had both found that they were not compatable in some ways. "A few." he told her.

Lucy lifted an eyebrow, "Oh?" She asked, "And did any of them stay with you for a while?"...

"Not long." he told her. "Like I told you, the women decide if she is wanting to stay with the man, before they are joined. My life is a bit different then alot of other men. I am a scientist, and also a politician of sorts. A life of constant intelectual pursuits. That puts off alot of women."

Lucy gave a small laugh, "I know that feeling." She said, "When guys learn what I do and how I do it, they disappear pretty quickly."...

He grinned. It seemed that she was indeed someone that he could relate to and she could relate to him. He moved behind her and put his arms around her, pressing her back against him. "So you think we could get along well together?"

"I sincerely hope so." She replied, letting herself cuddle into him...

The days passed quickly from that time. He had her move into his quarters where he enjoyed her company and they discussed many things about both worlds. Long range sensors had confirmed the destruction of Earth and its moon and an increase in mass of the large planet. Debris from the explosion was well on its way towards his home world. They would only have a couple days before the first large chunks hit. As they approached the planet a small ship approached with the emblem of the High Counsel. It docked with the ship and a man dressed in dark blue tunic, pants and boots emerged from the air lock. He was an older version of Alexin, with greying hair. Alexin embrased his father and greeted him. Then he turned to introduce Lucy, Marcus and Michael. He shook the hands of Marcus and
Micael and then looked at Lucy and grinned. "I hear you have mastered our language in only a short time. Very impressive." then turning to Alexin. "We will take the Councel ship down to the planet while the Explorer reoutfits and takes on more of our people for the exodus."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Then -

After their encounter in the pool, Lucy decided to take some time for herself. She needed a little time to think over what had happened the last few days. Later that day in the galley, Lucy was sat eating a light supper when her brother came in. From the new selection of bruises around his face, neck and hands, he had been sparring again with Carona. Lucy barely noticed him sit down next to her. The distant smile and dozy look in her eyes told him all and he made no bones about saying something.
"How was it?" He asked her.
"Hmm?" She replied dozily.
"Alexin?" Michael asked with a laugh.
"Hmmm." Was her reply again.
Michale laughed out loud this time and nudged her shoulder.
"What?" She asked as her elbow was pushed off the table.
"You got laid, didn't you." Michael told her, "About bloody time."
Lucy turned a deep shade of blush, "I did not." She lied, "I did not get laid."
Michael nudged her again with a laugh, "Ok then." He corrected, "You had sex."
Lucy Turned a deeper shade of red, "Ok, I hd sex." She admitted, "Big deal. I'm not a kid, ya know."
Michael leaned in and grinned at his sister, "Don't worry, I won't tell." He promised, "Besides, anyone that looks at you will know." He then left her alone.

The days soon turned into weeks and then into months. In that time, a lot happened for Lucy and her family. Michael and Carona became a solid couple. Marcus made his way through a few of the older women on board and had yet to settle on one. As for Lucy, she moved into Alexin's quarters. She was nervous about it at first, but after a week or two, they found a routine that worked and she felt happy with the arrangement. Also in that time, Michael and Lucy spent a lot of time together, working on the similarities between Karvellion and Earth cultures in order to help ease the two races into cohabitation. She also perfected her knowledge of the language, coming to master the most common dialects so that she could talk easily with the Ambassadors and help translate with the UN Attourney if the translators weren't working well enough.

Lucy had also put on a little weight. Karvellion women seemed much more robust and toned than Lucy was and some of them had taken it upon themselves to introduce her to a more regular diet. Carona had been instrumental in this, making sure that the new diet balanced well with decent exercise and relaxation therapies. In the end, Lucy had put on almost 15lbs from head to toe, but she looked much better for it. Her stomach looked more toned and filled out and one was no longer able to see her ribs poking out.

Also, Carona had helped Lucy find a new look. In her months on board the Explorer, Lucy had looked long and hard at herself and what had defined her for so long. She had been wanting rid of her augmentations for so long, but when the surgeon had actually held the device over her to remove them, she had stopped him. No, she didn't want them removed after all. And to top it off, some of the Karvellion crew had decided to copy some of the designs she had to create their own unique style. They did nothing to alter or cover up their family emblems, but made sure they could be seen and admired as much as Lucy had been. The geek had started a trend!

The new style included a new wardrobe that flattered Lucy's new shape and status among her new friends. Gone were the long sleeved t-shirts and baggy trousers, replaced with short and fitted tops that flattered her shoulders and neck and low slung trousers, much like jeans, that showed off her shape and toned waistline. Her hair was no longer left to hang around her face and neck, but coloured and styled to show the beauty in her face. The changes had been many on the outside, but what was more important was the inside. Lucy no longer saw herself as the geeky science nut at the back of the office. She was an Ambassador for her planet and her people, an attractive young woman with the stars to explore and Alexin's girlfriend. All in all, the overall effect was both amazing and needed. Lucy had finally come out of her bubble.

Now -

Lucy was nervous. a ship was heading for them that carried the High Council. Among those members was Alexin's father. Michael and Marcus were also nervous to meet the Council, but could understand the extra stress it was causing for Lucy. Marcus and Alexin had met long before she and Alexin had begun dating. What if Alexin's father didn't like her? What if he found the relationship to be questionable? What if his father wanted Alexin to be with someone else? Stood in the docking bay with her father and brother, Lucy was a nervous wreck. She stood in her new outfit, her hair a mass of false ringlets and Karvellion jewelery around her neck, a terrified girl again.

Lucy and her family were introduced to the man and Lucy gave her best smile as he stopped and spoke with her more personally. He was impressed that she had learned their language so quickly. Lucy beamed with another smile, "Thank you Sir." She replied as she rubbed her sweaty palms with her fingers. They then entered the ship to go down to the planet while the Explorer was altered to carry more passengers. Lucy sat nervously for the entire flight, not knowing what to expect....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:48 am

Alexin had made his report on the four from earth to his father while the ship had been in transit. By the time they arrived at Korvella he knew quite a bit about Lucy, Marcus, Michael and Gibbons. So it was that Alexin's father and especially his mother found it quite delightful that he had finally found a match. Both had been a bit worried on that subject. From the reports he had learned of Lucy's progress with the language and how she had dove into their history to study every thing she could. He was very impressed with her. He had also been told about the augmentations and when he saw her, they did not look to strange to him.

"Come you will be meeting some of the High Council when we arrive. Some have already taken ship and are with the large fleet assembling out of the danger zone of the incomming debrie field." he lead them to a comfortable room just behind the bridge of the smaller ship. On a large screen their decent could be seen. As they entered the atmosphere they could see the land masses getting biger and becoming more defined. The air was clear and everywhere could be seen forests with tall trees, farm lands and then the cities. Here and there dotting the landscape was magnificent cities with tall spires rising into the air and a central spire rising higher then the others. For this spire the small ship was headed.

It slowed and then hovered close to the tower as an enclosed gangway extended from the tower to the airlock on the ship. Once attached Alexin's father, Purvel, rose and lead them into the central spire of the city. Here the few remaining High Council members stood awaiting them. The Elder Elect moved forward and smiled. "Welcome to Korvella." he spoke in his own language. Alexin had made sure that Marcus and Michael had translator devices. Gibbons though not as adept as Lucy had begun to pick up the language and was eager to learn it as fast as he could.

"I am sorry your stay can not be for a longer time. We would have loved to shown you our world, but time now is not with us on that." He turned to Lucy. "Alexin has already informed us that you have mastered our language and have studied our history and culture. It is sad we have nothing of yours to study and see what your people are like. Though from what he has reported, your people are much the same as ours and have simalar historys. In the coming months you will be invaluable in preparing a treaty with your people. Your insite will be most important in this matter."

He then slightly turned and the others approached. He introduced each of them in turn and then turned to Purvel. "You and your family along with our new friends here will be taken to the Korvella. Lieutenat Corana and Karsa will be reassined to her. He looked at the two women standing next to Gibbons and Michael. They had chosen and he was not about to seperate them. Their duties would continue on the larger ship. "Now as I have been told you would like to see a bit of our world before we all must depart." he nodded to Purvel, "The counsel ship is at your disposal." With that he gave a slight bow to Lucy and the others and him and the other council members made their way to another gangway to another ship.

Purvel turned to Lucy, "What would you like to see first?" he grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Lucy watched the descent to the spire with wide eyes. It was like living in a sci-fi movie! When they finally landed and she was introduced to the other council members, she remained polite and spoke to them in their own language. But it was Purvel that she was most eager to impress. Karsa and Carona were reassigned to the Explorer and she knew that they would be taking Michael and Gibbons with them. As for her father, she wasn't sure yet what would happen to him. She hoped that she would be going with Alexin.

"I've been studying and comparing the two cultures with my brother Michael in the hope that a treaty will be easily won for us both," She told Pervel. "And I've brought much of Earth's history with me. I'm happy to release it to you for study if you wish." she was then offered a brief tour of the planet. Lucy smiled brightly at this. "I would love to explore all of your wonderful planet, but I understand the time scale won't allow it. I know that you have many prehistoric creatures. I would love to see some of them in their natural environment if possible, but I understand that you have an Ark programme to save many species. I would imagine that many have already been moved."

Lucy looked over the landcape with wonder. It was much like her world had been before the oil and chemical barons had polluted it. There were some animals that had yet to be captured, or were being left for some reason. The most captivating were a flock of Dactylian-like creatures that were circling a mountain cliff. Lucy was pinned to the window as she watched them. It was like looking into Earth's past! She couldn't see much from the ground though as where they were going, it was covered in a dense jungle-like canopy. "It's so beautiful." She told Purvel. "It's a shame we can't stay longer." She turned to face him and smiled. "I'm ready to go back now. We have a lot to discuss before the journey and there is much about my race and our culture that you need to know."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:40 am

The ship took them to various parts of the planet. Lucy was able to see the great hawk like creatures and a number of others as they flew low and slow over the landscape. Alexin was not about to let her just see it from the air. When she said that they should return, he had the captain of the ship set it down on a large open plain where some of the large animals roamed free. Taking her by the hand he lead her outside the ship to get a closer look at them. These were some of the domesticated ones that had been bred for food. The poor animals had no idea of what was coming and he did hope that some how they could survive and that one day his people would return to their home world and rebuild. Unlike earth it would survive intact but would suffer massive impacts that would change the face of the planet forever. The creatures were heberious and was eating the tall grass and leaves of trees that dotted the Plain. "What do you think of them up close?" he asked Lucy.

Lucy stood in wonder at the enormous creature grazing in the trees above her head. "It's amazing." She breathed. "It reminds me of a giraffe. It's a tall grazer like this, but the markings are different and this one is way bigger."...

"We have DNA of them, and of those that lay eggs, we have those to try and bring these creatures and others back upon a new world if it is possible. The shear size of them would make it impossible for us to take living ones with us. We can only hope that they survive here or at least as many of them as possible. But it is very doubtful." he said in a sad voice.

Lucy nodded, "We had the same problem." She said, "Some of the animals were simply too big to transport. The whale for example. We were able to take some smaller species, but the Humpback and the Blue were just too large and it wasn't just the snimal itself we had to transport, butthe water they lived in. The average blue whale can weigh around 10 tonnes, if not more and they require double that in water to keep them alive. The logistics were just impossible. We've collected DNA in the hope that we can recreate them on the new host planet."...

"It will be an interesting mix of creatures once we find suitable worlds." he smiled. He then took her back aboard the ship and it lifted off to return to the city. It circled the city once and then rose into space to head towards the Huge ship Korvella. It dwarved the other ships and one could see that it brisseled with amament. "That is our main defence for our world. Though there was never a need for it, it had been built just incase we did need it. Now it will contain enough food and supplies for the entire fleet of our ships, and be the central place for our government.
The small ship approached the huge ship and an opening opened in one of its large extentions to receive the smaller one in a hanger bay where several small one man fighter like craft were stored.

Lucy stared at the huge ship with her mouth open. "That isn't a ship." She said, "That's a city in space!" Doors opened and swallowed the ship and she was then faced by a multitude of fighter craft. Lucy was overladed with all of it. She looked around with her mouth agape as she tried to process what she was seeing. They moved through the hanger to a large bulkhead door and Lucy finally stopped to look at Alexin. "What will happen to Michael and my father?" She asked, "Carona has been reassigned to the Explorer. Will Michael go with her? And what about Dad? Will he be on board with us?"...

"I think you misunderstood the Elder. Carona has been reassinged here so your brother and your father will be here as well, along with gibbons and Karsa. I think the Council wants you all together where you might feel more at ease.

Lucy nodded, "Ahh." She said, "Sorry. I must have misunderstood what he said. I still haven't quite perfected the fluency in the proper sense." She smiled more easily now knowing that she would still have her family around her. "Oh, have our things been brought over? I promised your father I'd show him the Earth archives that I have."...

Alexin chuckled. "Everything has been arranged and I would imagine that while we were touring about the planet, our things have been transported over." My father would definately enjoy anything you could show him of Earth. Like you, he is very interested in history and will explore yours with enthusiasm."

"Then I just hope his enthusiasm doesn't include our lesser traits." She said quietly...

"I am sure every aspect of your history and culture will be looked at. As you saw ours was not the gleeming thing of adoration at times." he grinned.

Lucy nodded with a smile, "Very true." She said as they moved through the bulkhead doors. "So, where are we to live for the next couple of years?"...

"Well really only short of a year." he told her. "I think we will have quarters on the upper decks with the officers of the ship." He placed his arms around her from behind as the ship finally came to rest on the deck of the hanger. When the airlock opened he helped her out and down the rollaway stairs. At the bottom they were greeted by a crewman. "If you will follow men I will take you to your quarters. Your family has already arrived and have quarters close to you." he told Lucy. "The Elders would like to meet with you sir and Ambasador Lucy. as soon as you get situated."

Lucy smiled and sighed as Alexin put his arms around her, but then the doors opened and she moved down the stairs to a waiting crewman. She nodded at him in understanding and then started to follow as he led them to their new apartment. And what an apartment it was too! It was at least treble the size of quarters they had held on the explorer. "Wow!" She said, entering the room. "This is
five star at least!"...

All there things were there. Placed on the floor or built in desk. Alexin took his bags and opened them and began putting things away. "We should not keep the Elders waiting long." he grinned at Lucy. The crewman had called her Ambasador. Her government would not giver her that authorities, yet now she was one and the elders of his people saw her as that. He was kind of ironic he thought. Now when they did meet up with her people, her government would have to recgonize her as such.

Lucy nodded her agreement and quickly started putting her things away. She left out her archives to show Purvel, but that was all. Last but not least, her new pillow was adorned by her stuffed animal. Pride of place and never forgotten. Then, collecting up the archives, she moved back to the door with them, ready to go....

He moved to the door with her and escorted her up to the next level where the Elders would be talking. It seemed everything was ready for the fleet to get going. Looking out a portal, he could see the vast number of ships. Most of them were transports for hauling cargos between the outer colonies and Korvalla. Even the outer colonies would not be spared the onslaught of debrie already entering the solar system. One planet had already been struck and the bombardment was so severe that nothing was left of the colony and the decades of work that had went into it. His people had not ventured out of their solar system because they had been slowy building their own system up to support a growing population. Now they were going to be journeying forth to a brand new and unexplored system to
meet up with another race that was simalar to them. As he opened the door to the chamber where the elders were, they rose and gave a slight bow to Lucy.

Lucy entered the room nervously and half turned her head to Alexin. "Why are they bowing at me?" She asked in whisper as she tried to smile at the Elders. "Is this another custom that I haven't read about yet?"...

He chuckled. "You are a dignatary from another world, another Race of people. They simply are respecting your position as your people's ambasador." he lead her to a sead and helped her into it before sitting down himself. The Chief elder then sat down and the others followed. "Your father said that we knew for so long that the merger of the systems was coming and nothing was done. That is not true to a point. We sent a probe to the new system. To see if it was habitable. The findings which came back during your trip to Earth has shown that there are four worlds there that can support life. Well four moons of four very large planets."

Lucy sat down and listened carefully to everything that was said. She nodded in agreement. "Some of the probes that returned to Earth said similar." She told them, "And our government stalled for a long time before anything real was done about the collision. You see, after the collision with Jupiter, our system's largest gas planet, the government advisors of the time said that it would not happen again for another four hundred years. The years passed, but what none of them had taken into account was the new chemistry and trajectory the first collision had caused. at the time, it had caused such panic on Earth that the government was overthrown. Millions were killed in riots and thousands more were executed for insitement and treason. The present government couldn't afford the
same panic, so they did nothing until something more concrete could be given. Sadly, it still wasn't enough."...

The Chief Elder nodded. "But now what concerns us is which of the worlds will your people wish to settle on and which we will want to. Each moon has atmosphers, water and plant life, though we have not determined if there is any life forms on them." he touched the table infront of him and a hologram of the solar system appeared. There were twelve planets circling the sun. Four were huge planets that reflected the sunlight and gave light and warmth to the four moon worlds that were about the size of earth and korvella. "The other planets in the system are rich in minerals and could be colonized with domed cities. But what we need to work out is the proposal that we will be submitting to your government once we make the rendevou with your people."

Lucy nodded, but she also chewed her lip. "When my government first decided on Vega, they hadn't accounted for your people. They had decided to colonize all the available moons and spread the population dependant on class and skill. The forrested moon, the third in sequence had been selected for farming. The moon rich in minerals had been selected for mining operations. The other two had been selected for government and military operations. I couldn't rightly say what the government is considering now that Korvella is also heading there. Many of the large corporations will want to keep the moons for the human population only. Much will depend on the meeting between yourselves and the UN, I'm afraid."...

The Chief elder leaned back in his chair. "We would have done the same I suppose, but now we must work together. With your help we are hoping to have a proposal ready for your government. Do you think you are up to the task?"

Lucy shrugged her shoulders a little, "I can try, but you do need to be fully aware that Earth's large corporations control much of what happens. The UN are not affiliated with them, but like any big company, they have their ways to interfere. Money is the key if you want to win them over."...

He looked at Lucy, "And what can these corporations do, with out their ability to deny the use of their products. They themselves are now refugees. They have no more power then any one else of your people. Should your UN need help with them I am sure we can. We have quite the technology to build and do so without puluting the air and surrounding areas. We had such organizations back in our history and they were delt with."

"Then you've advanced further than us in that respect also." She told him. "On Earth, the big companies still control the majority of the economy and they have almost total control over the military. I have no doubt that you could challenge them but at the end of it, we are looking for cooperation, not conflict and to avoid the latter, they will only listen to the sound of your change purse. That's been the way of business on Earth for millenia."...

"From what Alexin here has reported, it seemed your UN government had no trouble with the military leader that tried to interfer with the first contact between our races. I think your military would not want to wage a war in which more lives would be lost. I do not think these leaders of corporations would want to risk their lives at the moment. I am sure they will listen to reason. Also as I have said these outer planets are very suitable for mining and we have the technology to build these operations quite fast. I think they would not mind getting back into business as soon as possible so they can keep up their life styles." he grinned.

Lucy nodded in agreement, "Then I doubt you would have a problem." She said, "The only other problem I can foresee about a cohabitation with your people would be military and religious ignorance. Still, with clever cooperation with the UN, that could be avoided also."...

"We will prepare a draft of our proposals and have you look it over. You know your people well so we will be counting on you for an honest aprasal of it and any changes that you think would be necessary." With that the meeting was concluded and the Elders rose again giving her a slight bow. Alexin took her by the arm and gently took her from her seat and out of the room. "MMMMMM that went pretty good I think." About that time Alexin's father approached with an elderly woman. She immedately went to Alexin and hugged him, kissing him on his cheeks. "Then she turned to Lucy smiling. "Well now I finally get to meet the woman that has been able to win over my son." she moved up to Luch and embrased her as well. "I have heard nothing but good things about you and we must sit down
and talk some time.

Lucy smiled, but was frozen as the strange woman suddenly embraced her. This was Alexin's mother. After a few minutes stammering over herself, she finally was able to speak again. "Uh." She said, "Uh, nice to meet you too. And thank you for the wonderful welcome." She looked at Alexin nervously as the realisation hit that she didn't even know the full names of his family. She had never thought to ask!..

Alexin smiled and shook his head. "Lucy this is my mother Vivora. Mother this is Lucy." he quickly made the introductions. "I am sure Lucy will be available in a little bit to sit down and talk."

Lucy gave another smile, relieved that she finally had a name to go with the face. She bowed her head slightly and then held her hand out. "I'm sorry to say that I've been told very little about you, yet you know so much about me."...

She gave a delightful laugh. "I am not surprised. I didn't think Alexin would tell you about his father and me. But his reports that was sent ahead of your arrival were full of things about you. Some of them were personal messages for his father and I.

Lucy lifted her brow and then looked at Alexin, "I'd love to know what he said about me." She said coyly...

Again she laughed and placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder. "Don't worry about that my dear. Though he should have told you more about us." she put an arm about her husband.

Lucy smiled again and relaxed some more as she moved a little closer to Alexin in response to Vivora's movement. "I'll make sure we have time to have a good long chat about it." She told the woman. "And you can tell me exactly what it was that turned Alexin's head so much that he'd turn away some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen."...

His mother looked at Alexin. "Oh I am sure we will a very enjoyable talk." she chuckled. It was Alexin's turn to be a bit embarased. He knew better then to say anything at the moment. "Now you two go and get settled in." She again moved forward and hugged Lucy. "Welcome, Lucy." she then took her husbands arm and pulled him away.

Lucy hugged the woman back and then left with Alexin. As they walked back to their apartment, she couldn't resist any longer. "Ok, so what did you tell your mother about me?" She asked, "It would be wise to get your version in while you can before she does it for you."...

Alexin looked at Lucy. "Well I let my parents know that you were a very intelligent and beautiful woman." he began. He pulled her to him and held her to him. "Brillient and intent on learning our language and ways." he went on to let her know what she had told them.

Lucy listened to everything Alexin told her and smiled when he finished, "You forgot to add that I was a total geek and nervous wreck around everyone for nearly a month until Corana and the others took me under their wings." She said. They made it to their door and Lucy leaned against it, pulling Alexin to her this time. "And I'm curious as to why you haven't told me much about them. I didn't even know your mother's name until I met her. Were you afraid?"...

"Well I wanted you to meet them first." he told her. Plus we were a bit busy for the last month." he told her, "I think this will be better." he chuckled.

Lucy chuckled back and kissed him. "I agree." She told him...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Alexin pulled her close to him and kissed her deeply. Then when he broke the kiss, "What do you think of them?"

Lucy kissed him back lovingly and then cocked her head to one side, "I think your dad is a pro through and through. Your mum, I haven't figured out just yet. I like them though."...

He chuckled. "Both are intelectuals so they will love you, especially my mother. I have a feeling that you will be attending a few gatherings that the Elder's wives have now and then. Especially since you are now an Ambasador for your people."

Lucy gave a small laugh and nodded, "I can only imagine." She said, "It'll be like the coffee mornings I had to go to at the university, probably."..

A crewman approached and stopped a bit from them. Alexin turned to him and the man held out a folded piece of paper. He took it and read it. "Appears that your UN has sent a message to you and wishes for you to contact them." he told Lucy

Lucy lifted her brow and took the note. "Wow!" She said, "That was quick." She nodded to the crewman and smiled, "Where can I reply to this?" She asked...

Alexin took her by the arm and lead her to the top deck of the ship. here was a large room with an assortment of communications equipment. He nodded to the communications officer as they entered and he went to a pannel and began pushing buttons and adjusting frequencies. "The probe we sent some time ago was followed by two communications satilites that allow us to receive radio signals from the probe. We are bouncing the signals off of one of them to the fleet of your people." he told Lucy. "there will only be a few minutes delay between broadcasts." He picked up a small head set and held it to his ear and mouth. "Earth Fleet this is the Korvella. Ambasador Lucy is here and awaits your communication." he then handed the head set to Lucy.

Lucy nodded and took the headset from the officer. She then sat down at the consol. "Attourney Graham. It's good to hear from you." She said.

A few minutes later Attourney Gram's voice came on. "Ambasador Lucy?" was the first thing that came over the radio. "Well now I hope you have not given away everything." there was a slight chuckle, "I see that you have made it to the Korvallian system. I trust you and your family are alright and in good health."

Lucy nodded and smiled, "What happened to being plain Miss Drake?" She asked.

"Things change." Graham replied.
"What is it you need to tell me?" Lucy asked.
"Things haven't gone entirely to plan." Graham told her, "After the interference with the collision, it changed the debris field. When it hit the outer asteroid belt past Mars, it fragmented and we couldn't predict the path."

"What are the casualty numbers?" Lucy asked.
"There were none." Graham said, "We've lost half the fleet along with another 40% of our supply ships."
Lucy looked down at her hands, unable to speak for a moment...

Alexin listened in with the help of the translator. He quickly jotted down some things and handed it to a crewman. That man rushed off immediately as he continued to listen to the conversation.

"Lucy." Graham said, "Are you still there?"
"I'm here." Lucy said with a sniffle. "Have you made a list of the dead yet?"
"Yes." Graham said, "We have a fully manefesto of names. I'm sorry to say, Lucy that your mother and brother are on that list." Lucy pulled the headset off and dropped it on the console...

Alexin put his hands on her shoulders when he heard the news about her mother and other brother. Even though she had basicly abandoned Lucy, her father and other brother, he could tell that Lucy still loved her. He picked up the head set and talked. "Attourney Grahm this is Ambasador Alexin. Releive supply ships are being sent at max speed to aid your people. We will meet with your fleet in approximately two weeks."

"Thank you Ambassador." Graham responded, "And please tell Lucy I'm very sorry for her loss."...

"She knows Sir. How many people were you able to save from your planet?"

"Our current population now stands at just over 2 million." Graham said, "We've lost 60% of our people in total, and nearly all of them were civilians."...

That did not sound to good to Alexin. If what the Earth leader said was true, then most of the remaining population was military. From what he had seen of that, made him think. "Sir if you need any help with anything....." and he emphized anything, "Please get in contact with us as soon as possible. The Elders are making up a proposal for the cohapitation of the four habitable worlds in the
new system. Lucy will be looking it over before we redevou with you."

"So far, we've held the Military at bay. They want control over the rest of the fleet for our own protection aparantly, but I've been talking to the defense minister today and so far, he agrees with my view. I hope Lucy can make a good treaty with your people before the rendevous. It will give us the upper hand over the MOD."...

With Lucy's knowledge of the civilian and military of her world, she would be critial in the preperation of the treaty. "Then i take it sir you are authorizing her with the power of a full Ambasador?"

"Were it not for the standing laws on minors, I would have given it to her when first contact was made." Graham said firmly, "But as I understand it, she is now 18 and has all the legal entitlements, so I'm more than happy to hand it over now. When we meet, I'll give her the proper welcome to the commitee."...

That was good news. "Very well sir, we will be make the best possible speed with our fleet. Will see you in two weeks." Alexin said and then sat the head set down and helped Lucy up out of the seat and took her into his arms.

Lucy hugged him back and cried into his shoulder. "I can't believe they're ead." She sobbed, "God, what am I gonna tell Dad and Michael?"...

"Just tell them what happened. It is the only thing to do." he told her as he held her tightly to him. "We have much to do. From what was said, I am afraid that your military will try to take control of the people that are left of your world. We must tell the Elders of this and prepare for any eventualities."

Lucy sniffed her eyes back and wiped her eyes. She nodded quickly, "Yes, they need to know." She said, "But I need to see Dad and Michael first. They need to know now before they hear it from someone else." She wiped her eyes again and moved back from Alexin. "Set up the meeting with the Elders and tell them i'll be there as soon as I can, ok?"...

He nodded and took her out of the communactaions room and once they arrived back on the deck that all of them had quarters on he gave her a gentle kiss on her lips before letting her go to find her father and brother. He in turn went to seek out his father so he could inform the elders. His father shook his head as he heard the news of how many had died. His mother covered her mouth with her hands and tears welled up in her eyes, when he told them of Lucy's mother and other brother.

Lucy went to find her brother and father, finding them in their respective apartments. She got them together and told them the news. Marcus broke down in tears while Michael managed to restrain himself relatively well. Lucy knew that he would grieve privately, he always did. After a good cry and cuddle with her father, Lucy left to meet with the Elders. she entered the conference room with puffy eyes and she was still wiping away some of her tears. She took her seat, blew her nose quietly and then looked across the table at Purvel. "I assume Alexin has told you the news." She began...

The councle of elders were already seated and informed of what had transpired. "We are deeply sorrowed for your loss and that of so many people." The Chief Elder. Alexin has informed us also of the situation among your people. The Supply ships will also contain support troops for your UN leader should the need arise. They have orders not to do anything unless he asks for help. Your people have suffered enough and neen no further trouble." He nodded to Purvel. "We have decided to offer your people help in establishing mining operations on the outer planets. Sharing the mineral wealth of those worlds. With the reduced population of your world and that of ours. We figure one planet apiece should be enough to begin with. The other two worlds we can put colonies on later on, perhaps co-inhabiting them. But our main concern is your peoples well being and freedom."

Lucy listened and nodded where appropriate. "That sounds fair enough." She replied, "The UN Attourney will welcome your help. There will be some religious concessions needed and no doubt the Military leaders will want their share too. Most will want to protect the human culture, so cohabitation may be a long way off yet. The UN will require a 50/50 split of all mining and farming operations. I understand that this may leave your people with a little less in the beginning, but in return, it offers treaties for trade between our people and the sooner we can establish trading, the sooner our people can get used to each other."..

"That would only be fair. We know cohabitation will be a bit in the future, but the mining operations should not be hard to get going once we get there. I think we will be busy building our first shelters once we get there and exploring our respective worlds. I think your military will have to understand that we need to work together. There is something else that you and your people need to know. Recent scans of one of the planets has revealed that there is the wreckage of a strange looking space craft. There is no inteligent life on either planet that we can see so it had to have come from some where. It is possible that another race from some where has an eye on these worlds as well. The ship from the looks of it, is a war ship."
brb again. going to get dinner in

Lucy chewed her lip somewhat at this new information. "This needs to be settled before the rendevous or the MOD will want control of all settlements. Any sign of weapons or other races that have these weapons, and they will insist."...

Alexin put his hand on hers. "They can insist all they want. I don't think they have the capability to handle another race that probably has superior weapons." If your military leaders are like the one I saw on your moon, then your people are in trouble, but if they have any sence they will see that both our races might be needed to hold the system."

Lucy looked down at Alexin's hand over her own and gave it a gentle squeeze. "If there is one thing that has defined the human military force over the millenia, it's their absolute ability to override anything their governments set down. Whatever that ship is down there must be deemed benign before the military get there. The UN Attourney is already in talks with the MOD's defense minister

to define a balance and set down some ground rules for the military's new purpose. Beyond that, I don't know what's happening."..

"Well we have two weeks. In that time we will prepare for any eventuality and keep in contact with your UN Atorney General." the Chief elder spoke again. "We must prepare for a possible confrontation with another race. A few of our ships are armed and the Korvella here is fitted with our most advanced weapons." He smiled. What about your fleet?"

"Our military's finest weapons." She replied, "The flagship of the fleet will be heavily guarded and what remains of the rest of the supply ships." She then shrugged her shoulders, "The rest of the civillian fleet may have some weaponry, but it'll depend on how much they were willing to pay the MOD."...

"What type of weapons do your ships have?" Purvel asked.

Lucy had to think on this one a little. "I'm not entirely sure." She admitted, "I've not been privvy to that kind of information. There has been advancements in pulse weaponry over the last few years, so they might be possible now. Beyond that, I would imagine standard projectile weapons. I'm sorry, I can't tell you more about it."..

The counsel looked at each other. "Then we have nothing to worry about then. Well for our ships anyway. We have beam weapons that will cut through the hull of a ship. That is something I think we need to keep from your military, until we are sure they can be trusted."

Lucy nodded quickly, "Absolutely." She said, "But I'd suggest letting the UN know about it. The sharing of technology has already been agreed and the UN are both impartial and seperate from the MOD. In the end, it is up to you what you wish to share.2...

The Chief Elder nodded. We will inform him of it. As for the release of the technology, that will have to wait. But if it comes down to it, and both or races are threatened by another, we will ensure your ships are equiped."

Lucy nodded in agreement. "Are there any particular consessions that you require?" She asked...

"We are a fair people." he smiled. "This is for the good of both our people." he looked at Alexin, "Alexin has brought up the point in the past our people's history had been interfered with. His reports stated that your people's history also might have been interfered with. Perhaps leading up to this moment. We are not closed minded and if it is so then we have a responsibility to help your people. They are more like long lost brothers and sisters."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Lucy though over what Purvel had said for a few moments before she answered. "There has perhaps been some interference from the Grays." She said eventually, "But I don't think they have been a large part of our history like they have been your's. There have been some small advancements in our early history, but there was no record until the 1940's of any alien interaction. Most of it were sightings: lights in the skies, that sort of thing and almost all of that was debunked by experts at the time. Beyond that, it was nothing more really than wild stories of abductions and mutilated cattle. From what I've learned and seen for myself, I believe the Grays had very little to do with our history. The KT Event on our planet nearly 66 million years ago. It wiped out 95% of life on Earth. That did not happen to you. The erruption of Yellowstone nearly 150,000 years ago did nearly the same thing and in more recent geological history, the great Ice Age 11,000 years ago. All these major events that differ from your own. And perhaps the biggest thing, the different species of bipedal humanoids that your planet has. While searching through your records, I found three distinct sub-species of what I call homosapien. One became extinct through cross breeding and the other remains intact and lives alongside yours without prejudice or for the most part detection. In Earth history, there have only been two sub-species of homosapien. Homosapien itself and Neanderthal. In current history, only homosapien have survived. The Ice Age pretty much wiped out Neanderthal."

At this point, Lucy realized that she was not only rambling like a fool, but was being potentially very rude. "Forgive me." She offered in apology, "I have a habit of rambling like that." She gave them a smile, "And moving back to your offer, it is received gratefully, but you needn't feel responsible or obligated to help my people just because of the Grays."...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:02 pm

The Chief Elder smiled and nodded. He could see the scientist in Lucy and knew how they loved to analyze things. Alexin listened to what she was saying and rubbed his jaw. "Interesting. But the specie that you say was made extinct through cross breeding is in fact not true. It just suddenly died out for some reason. We have found the skeletal remains of it up to a certain point and then nothing. Crossbreeding was one train of thought on the matter but the evidence of the number of the population before they disappeared was considerable. Also the sudden emergence of what is now our people a few hundred years before they disappeared is another factor." Over the time they had spent together getting to his planet he had went over the information she had brought. "Did not the Neanderthals suddenly seemed to disappear from your world, leaving just your homosapien, Cromagnum man?"

To Alexin it was becoming clearer that the Greys had set things in motion on both worlds. He hopped soon that the mystery would be solved when they reached the new system. Here again a new mystery. Four planets that had water, vegetation, breathable atmospheres but no intelligent life, and only some animal life. It was as if they had been made for the two races to come to. "But no matter we feel that there is a kinship with your people and it is the only decent course of action that one can take." He smiled and took her hand and squeezed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:21 am

Lucy shook her head slightly, "No." She replied, "They didn't just disappear." She shuffled forward slightly in her chair, "Over the course of a few centuries, they died out. You see, Neanderthals were cannibalistic. Homosapien wasn't. Homosapien was better able to adapt to the Ice Age of the time, while the Neanderthal numbers dwindled. After each winter, it took longer to recoup the numbers because of being forced to eat their own. In the end, there just wasn't enough of them left to repopulate.2...(and that's actual fact. i found that nugget in the library lol)

Alexin was not sure on that. The way things may have been designed, may have made it impossible for the Neanderthals to survive. Just like the one species on his world. "Well I think we may find some answers when we arrive at our new homes." he told her and squeezed her hand again. "If I am right, I don't think we have seen the last of the Greys. But even if we have, there is the presence of this other race that concerns me."

Lucy nodded quickly, "Yes." She agreed, "The possibility of another race already inhabitting one of the moons is a great worry. This needs to be relayed to the UN Attoureny as soon as possible, or it could cause panic later on. Our sensor arrays are not as advanced as yours."...

Rising from his chair, he helped Lucy to her feet and he nodded to the Council of elders. "When the proposal is ready have it delivered to us. We will then contact the Earth Leaders and discuss things with them." he then turned and lead her out of the room.

Lucy left with Alexin and looked at him as they walked down the corridor. "Where are we going now?"..

"To the communications room to look at the recordings sent by the probe." he told her. "I want to look at the ship that crashed there in more detail."

Lucy nodded in agreement, "And what do you hope to find?" She asked, "Besides it being totally abandoned and no sign of the aliens that owned it, hopefully."..

"To see what the design looks like and compare it to the ship that crashed on our world. If they are different, then we will have to be on the look out for another race. Also to see what kind of armorment it has. See if it is like ours or different, superior or not." He rubbed his jaw. "We have nearly a year before we get there and alot can happen in that time."

Lucy nodded again and entered the communications room. She moved to the chair she had occupied already and moved it to one side so Alexin could have the main space. "Is there anything I can help with?"...

"Might have to bring the probe back around to that planet and have it do a closer look at the ship. How good are you at controling small ships." he asked her

Lucy lifted an eyebrow, "Um." She stammered, "I have no idea. Never flown one personally."...

He grinned, "Well we will see what happens if I have to have the probe moved." he pressed a few buttons on the consol and the screen before them came alive with a view of One of the planets. It was a Jungle world with dense jungles, broad rivers and two large oceans. He switched to the images of the next world. It was one of vast plains and forests with five contenents and four major oceans. He zoomed in on one of the contenents and fast forwared the images to where the ship had been spotted. The tangled wreckage was on a mountain side. It was nothing like Alexin had ever seen. He could see the gun turrets that bristled the hull of the ship that was left. They were huge and he had a feeling that they would be an equal match to his people's weapons. "We need a closer look.
Going to have to bring the probe back and enter the planet's atmosphere and hover above this thing."

Lucy looked over the images with wide eyes. She studied each image as closely as possible until Alexin spoke and distracted her. She waved her hand at him, "Wait a minute." She said, "Go back to the third to last image. I think I see something."...

He moved the immages back to where she had said. "What do you see?" he asked her.

Lucy studied the image again and moved closer to the screen. "Magnify this quarter." She said, "Again. Again. Make it as big as you can."...

He magnified the image the best he could without losing quality of the picture. "That is the best I can do with out distorting or making it to fuzzy." he told her.

"Ok." Lucy replied as shee scooted closer and closer to the screen. "It's hard to see unless you speak that kind of language fluently." She said as she all but pressed her nose against the screen."You see here." she said, pointing to the shape of what could be considered a cluster of bones. It was placed in a faetal position right next to some hull plating. "Just there, on the edge of the plate." She pointed more specifically to it now. It showed half of a complicated algerythm. "They're numbers. Not in mine or your language, but look at the common denominator. It's a sequential algerythm. And it's very, very old."....

He looked and could barely see it. "Well we will have a closer look then." He motioned for one of the crewmen to come over. "We need the probe moved back to this planet and brought down closer to get a better view of the ship and this area." he pointed to the screen. The crewman took a seat and his hands flew over the consol and another screeen lit up and he began punching in coordinates and commands. "The probe is in high orbit around the planet already. It will be a few minutes before the signal reaches it and then another few before it decends to send back the images requested." the crew man spoke as he typed in commands.

Lucy nodded to Alexin as she studied the image again. she then touched Alexin's shoulder, "Is there a pencil and paper anywhere?" She asked, then looked at him, "It's always better to see the sequence from all angles. Computers aren't that great."...

He nodded and went to table in the center of the room and picked up the requested items and brought them back to Lucy.

With the tools she needed, Lucy began scribbling down all the numbers she could fathom. It took her almost a full minute to write down what she could see and she then moved back from the consol and swung herself in the chair to the table in the centre. "Just give me a few minutes." She said...

Alexin waited for her to write down what she saw and then looked at the image again. It was possible that one of the crewmen of the strange ship had survived and had tried to write something on the ship's hull. Perhaps a warning or a cry for help. "What do you think it is?" he asked Lucy.

Lucy shook her head, "Thinking." She said, tapping her temple twice. Basically, she was telling him not to interrupt. The crewman navigating the probe had better luck. "I'm hovering the probe where you requested Sir."...

The image was much more clear now and it did show a skeleton. It was humanoid in shape but its skull was different and definately alien. The bones were larger then that of humans and he would say the creature stood a good 7 to 8 feet tall. Also further up from that skeleton was several more. "Definatley not human." he told her. What do you think the writing means?"

Lucy looked at he scren again quickl and jotted down some more of the numbers she could see. The remains were definitely odd and much larger than any humanoid, but that wasn't what had captured her attention. "Just give me a few more minutes." She said as she turned her attention back to the paper. After a few more minutes, more paper was scattered as she worked out the sequence. Then a few more sheets of paper, and then a few more. Then, after a moment of silence and stillness from her, she got up and lined up all the sheets in what she thought was the sequence. "Ok." She said with a sigh, "The algerythm is really complicated, but I think I can explain it for you. The common denominator here is 9 which also denotes - if I'm right - an element. Following me so far?"...

"Go ahead." he said. He had a feeling that she was saying that the writing was a mathmatical way of communicating, using numbers for the elements and such.

"9 on my periodic table is Flourine. It's quite dangerous. The numbers around it are 7 and 8. Nitrogen and Oxygen. What I think I'm looking at here is a chemical composition. what is the atmosphere on that moon?"...

The probe basicly confirmed that. "Possibly posionus to them." he put his view in. "Anything else." he asked.

"Not just poison to them, but poison to us. If the Flourine is int he air, it will calcify in our lungs."...
"Can the probe take specific readings and send them back to us?" She asked...

He nodded his head and looked over at the crewman. He again typed in commands to the probe and sent them. "The Flourine can be removed I think with some of the terraforming equipment we have. Perhaps that is why there is no animal life on this planet, and only plants.

Lucy nodded as she turned back to the numbers on the pages. She rearranged a few of them. "Ok, the next lot of numbers relate to carbon, iron, silicone, lead, magnesium and hydrogen. All of these can be found in our genetic makeup, but it all depends on the specific order and amount. I'll need a few days, or maybe a week to go over it entirely."...

"Or perhaps that is what they needed to breath." he interjected. A ship's sensors can tell you what the atmosphere is and the probe has all the information on the planet." He punched some buttons and the data came up on the screen below the image. He looked over the data and saw no mention of flourine. "Nothing here about it. Possibly it was left to tell any who came what they needed."

Lucy shrugged her shoulders, "Possibly." She said, "And that is assuming that the numbers relate to the elements of the periodic table. But from what I've seen so far, I'm thinking that I'm right.2...

"Ok, so the ship here crashed on this planet and the crew was exposed to its atmosphere which was not compatable with theirs." he counted the number of skeleton's. "Not enough for a full crew for that size of ship. There were others that survived." he said. "I think it is a message to any that might pass by that they need that particular combination to breath."

Lucy shrugged again, "Maybe, but like I said, let me go over these numbers properly and I'll be able to give you a more definitive answer."...

He smiled and nodded. Then as he had the ship at a closer view he studied the weapons. They were beam weapons as he had thought. The ship also showed signs of having taken damage from beam weapons. "Looks like these guys have an enemy." he pointed to the burn marks and holes in the ship.

Lucy looked at the new images and lifted her brow, "Wow." She said, "That's some heavy damage. If their enemy is still living, I'd rather avoid them please."...

"Oh I think we would like to avoid both if possible. " he told her. "Come on I think I have seen all that I need to. This new footage will be a must to show your military what we are up against and see about getting their cooperation."

Lucy nodded cautiously and then picked up all her papers. "Ok, but just be careful how you explain it to them. They have a habit of going off half cocked about this kind of thing."...

"Sounds like a good idea." he said as he lead her out of the communications room and back to their quarters. There would not be much for them to do until the two fleets met up and the real negotiations began. "I wish we had the missing engineering data on our engines. The ship we found on my planet had yet another type of engine that we think was some kind of star drive that allowed it to travel between solar systems in a matter of days. But it was to badly melted to get the data we needed. It would have made the trip to the new system a lot shorter."

"Wow." Lucy replied, "That's real sci-fi stuff. My people have been trying to work the figures for that for centuries."....

Alexin laughed. "We have had the ship for a very long time but yet still have not figured that part out. Perhaps both our races can figure it out together." Then the real fun of exploration will begin."

Lucy smiled and nodded as they entered their quarters, "That would be fun." She agreed. She then moved to the desk and put the papers down, sorting them into a more refined order...

He looked at all the papers she had scribbled on and smiled. "I will let you alone to go over your notes." He moved over to the bed and kicked off his boots and laid down.

Lucy smiled as she sat down at the desk and then spun around on the chair to watch Alexin. The way that he laid down, her favoured stuffed anumal sat just above his head and she giggled. "You make a cute couple."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Alexin chuckled as he looked up at the stuffed animal. He never understood why her people would want a toy animal like that. His people had live ones that they usually kept. But she enjoyed having it and he didn't mind it. "Well now why don't you come over her and make it a threesome then." he grinned ear to ear.

It was good that she wanted to figure things out about the alien ship, but his people could also do the work. She did not have to do it all. There was a time for work and then there was a time to relax. He patted the bed beside him and hoped she would put down her figures and come lay there with him for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Lucy cocked her head to one side and grinnd at Alexin with her stuffed toy. With a laugh, she put the papers down and moved to the bed. A few second later, she cuddled up with Alexin and put the stuffed animal back up on the headboard. The way he had looked at the thing made her curious. Perhaps he thought it odd hat she would still hve such a keepsake. Giving him a small kiss on his chin, she tucked her head under his and curled up against him with her arm over his waist. Once she had made herself comfortable, she began to yawn, realising that she was actually quite tired. Lucy closed her eyes and snuggled down to have a sleep.

Lucy slept for at least an hour. It as peaceful and rejuvenating and she wke with a small sigh to say she was ready to begin the day again. From the look of it, Alexin had nodded off also. She carefully slid to the side of the bed and off it to leave hi in peace. Se went back to the desk and looked at the papers briefly before reaching up onto the shelf above it. She took a small box off and put it on the desk before sitting in the chair. Opening the small box, she removed a small item and hen put the box back on the shelf. The item was definitly an antique. It was no bigger than a regular ID badge (2inch sq). A length of white chord was connected at one end of the device and the chord split into two hlfway down. At the very ends of the split chord, ther were two small nodules no bigger than a pea. Lucy placed the nodules in her ears and then touched the tiny screen of the device. She was suddenly bathed in music. The sound was tiny, but it was there. In her head though and in her hars, the old music had drowned out everything but itself and her keen eyes now working again on the myriad of strang numbers and symbols she had picked out.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Alexin put his arms about her and held her tightly to him as she snuggled up close to him. When she fell asleep he himself driffed off as well. But he woke up as she slipped from the bed. He opened an eye slightly and watched her move to the desk and sit down putting something into her ear. She then started work again on the figures she had copied down. He sighed slightly and grinned. It had felt so good just having her in his arms. So relaxing and comfortable. But he would have done more if she had not fallen asleep and then him. He laid there watching her.

Lucy remained oblivious to Alexin as she worked on the numbers. Every once in a while, she grabbed another sheet of paper and another pen as the ink ran out. The tiny sound coming from the nodules in her ears became more audible as she turned up the volume and began humming along to the tune.... as she adjusted someting on what looked to be a wire that went into one ear, he could hear a bit of music. She then started singing and he chuckled. He rose from the bed and walked up behind her and looked down at what she was doing. It seemed that she had worked out some more of the writing tht had been on the crashed ship.

All the numbers and symbols had been arranged now into a more cohesive pattern. She had created her own period table out of them. And she was still utterly oblivious to Alexin. The fingers of her left hand tapped in rythm to the music as she worked with her right hand. As she stared at the numbers a while longer, she stopped her humming and cocked her head to one side. "Ok." She said quietly, though she couldn't hear herself, "So if you're a prime number and the symbol is yoru counterpart, where did this one come from?" She turned the paper around to try and figure it out....

He grinned when he heard her talking to herself. It seemed she had figured it out. He lightly placed his hands on her shoulders. He knew she would probably jump out of her skin at it but he wanted to let her know he was there, and she what she had found out.

The second Alexin's hands touched her shoulders, Lucy literally did as he thought. The pen went flying, the papers a second later and she lurched up so quiclky that she hit her head on the shelf above the desk. "Owwww!" She yelped and then spun around. She pulled the nodules from her ears and dropped them on the desk as she rubbed the growing sore spot on her head....

"Sorry." he said. "But you were so engrossed in what you were doing." he put his arms about her and then brought a hand up to where she had hit her head. There was no cut, no blood, just would be sore for a bit. "What have you found out?" he asked and kissed her lips gently.

Lucy calmed down again when Alexin apologized and she kissed him back gently. She turned back to the desk and pushed the musical device to one side. It was still playing. "I've figured out most of the numbers and symbols here, but I've got a spare. It doesn't seem to fit into anything I can think of. Unless that race had more digits than your average person, it's useless.2...

"Perhaps they did have an extra digit. Put yourself in their place then if they did." he placed a hand over hers leaving out past her little finger. "What would it mean?"

Lucy stared at her covered hand for a moment and then back at the spare symbol. Her eyes then moved back and forth between them as she figured it out. "They do have more digits." She said at last, "Like we have 0 to 9, they have 0 to 10, maybe even more." She placed the sybmol back into the sequence as she had seen it, but it still didn't fit. Her shoulders dropped and she moved the paper away. "It still doesn't work." She told him....

"You will figure it out." he told her. Of that I am sure." he looked down at her notes. "Why don't you imput this information into the ships computer and see what if comes up with?"

"Good idea." She said, gathering up the papers. She then reached for the music device and tapped the tiny screen on it. The music stopped and she coiled the wires up around it. Alexin could see now that it was far less advanced than even the most basic of systems now. Lucy was careful with it....

When she had gathered everything up, he placed a hand at the small of her back and guided them to the door and out into the corridor. Up to the bridge he took them where she would have access to the ship's computer and be able to input her data. Once that was done they could have it scan it and then see what the informaion was.

Lucy left with her papers and once on the bridge, she smiled at one of the crew techs and held out her papers. "I need all this scanned into the main computer, please." She asked politely. The crewman did so with a smile and then sat back as the computer sorted and listed all the numbers and symbols. But even the massive system didn't know where to put the spare symbol. Lucy shook her head
in disappointment...

The crewman looked at the display on the screen and then typed in a few more commands and the computer again went through its processing and then came up with something else. "Possibly not a digit. Could be a personal sign, like a signature." the man said.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Lucy stared at the screen as she moved forward and started putting in a few of her own commands. At first, the computer didn't seem to understand what she wanted, but as she continued, it became more clear. "It's not a signature." she said, "It is part of the sequence, but I must have copied it wrong." The computer flipped the symbol over and then turned it upside down. "See?" Now it fit with the rest of the sequence. "Whoever wrote it down must have turned it around for some reason."...

The man smiled and nodded. "But what does it all mean?" he asked. Alexin looked at Lucy as well, wanting to know what she thought it all was.

"It's a sequence of core elements." She explained, "Like the periodic table. Some of the sequence has been given importance. It could be an explaination of the atmosphere, like a biomentric scan of the planet.2...

"But why not just send a probe or send a message by radio, why write it on their ship?" the crewman asked.

"I don't know." Lucy admitted, "Maybe when their ship crashed, they couldn't, so they wrote it down for someone to find and pass it on?"...

"I would feel better if we were there already and looking through that wreckage and examining the remains." Alexin said. "That is clearly a warship and not one for science or exploration." Alexin said.

Lucy nodded, "Oh definitely." Lucy said, "And we need to be very, very careful what we tell my people at the rendevous. The more I learn about that ship and those numbers, the less I like them."...

"It is good your people did not have the engines to send a decent probe to the system. I am sure your military would be very intrested in it." He thought a moment and then lifted Lucy's chin up. "We could send one of the smaller ships ahead, perhaps arriving a few days ahead of both fleets to try and obscure the wreckage and allow time for your people and mine to examine it before your military finds out about it. What do you think."

Lucy nodded, "That would be a good idea." She said, "And if it is as dangerous as it looks, then we can find some way of destroying it."...

After your scientists and mine have examined it. We might be able to learn alot about these new people. That will be important if they come back, and i am sure that they will, looking for their missing ship."

Lucy nodded again, "Absolutely." She said, "And I'd rather we weren't caught unprepared for them."...

He went to the captains chair and informed the captain what he wanted. A message was sent to one of the smallest exploration ships to proceed directly to the new system and not go with the main fleet to the rendevou. "They will erect a camofloge system over the craft and set devices to deflect sensors. Also they will begin to explore the ship and see what they can find out about the people and examin the remains."

"Make sure they're very careful." Lucy interjected, "I don't want them touching or moving anything that could explode, erupt, implode, or anything of the like, ok?"...

Alexin grinned. "Oh don't worry my dear, they will be careful. This will not be the first ship explored by my people."

Lucy nodded, but she was still nervous. "Ok." She said, "I'd like to study everything they send back, if that's ok."...

Alexin nodded. He wanted her people to know what everything was as well. But with her handling it, he knew that she would only let her people know what was needed. "I will let you be the one to give what information you deem fit to your people.

Lucy nodded in thanks and then left the bridge. she went back to the apartment to clear away what papers she didn't need. The rest, she would ponder over later. The computer had already confirmed what she knew and would take it from there.....

Alexin let Lucy return to their quarters and he stayed on the bridge to communicate things with the Elders. They were worried about the ship and the possibility that some other race would be trying to claim the worlds that Earth and Korvallians wanted. They agreed with him on what him and Lucy had discussed. He finally returned to his quarters to inform Lucy.

Lucy pottered about the apartment for a while, but then decided to take a walk down to the galley. She saw Michael on his way out and spoke with him briefly. He was ok, but Marcus was still feeling tender. She nodded and let him on his way. He had something to do with Carona in the science lab. Michael spotted Alexin and smiled warmly to the man, "Hi." he said, "Hows it going? You and Lucy have been pretty busy lately. It's good you're keeping her going though right now."...

Alexin smiled at Michael. "Yes we have been busy of late. There have been new discoveries that have been disturbing." he knew that Carona was keeping him busy as well to help him ease his mind over the news of the death of his mother and brother. Alexin figured he would probably have to go talk to Marcus and see if he could help put his mind at ease.

"Yeh, she's been great about it." He replied, "I'm worried about Dad though. I've been trying to find stuff for him to do and I've been sat with him and all, but it's not enough. He's in the galley and Lucy is heading there. Might do them some good to talk."....

Alexin nodded and placed a hand on Michael's shoulder. "I'll have a talk with him as well. It is a difficult time for him, but with my people we know that when it is one's time to go there is nothing anyone can do about it. We move on but never forget the ones we loved that died, but we don't let it get the better of us either." He left Michael and headed for the galley.

Michael nodded and carried on his way. Marcus smiled warmly at his daughter, but it was clear he had been crying. He looked grey and his eyes were puffed up. "Have you been able to sleep?" Lucy asked. Marcus shook his head. "I'm sorry I haven't been there Dad." She continued, "There was something that came up and..."
"I know." Marcus said quietly, "It's good that you're keeping busy." He spotted Alexin coming and nodded to the man with a smile, "Your boyfriend is about to join us."
Lucy turned in her seat and smiled at Alexin.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Alexin entered the galley and took a seat next to Lucy. He could see that Marcus had benn crying. His eyes were red and the look on his face told him that he indeed was having a hard time dealing with the loss of his wife. Lucy had been able to deal with it by keeping busy. She was still facinated by everything about his people. Michael had been envolved with Carona who had been keeping his mind occupied with a variety of things. But Marcus had no one to keep him occupied. He was not ready to start seeing someone else, just being seperated from his wife.

Alexin looked at Marcus. He didn't know if the man would want to hear his advice or if he would even take it. So he just began with, "You don't have to be alone on board this ship. Lucy and I would enjoy your company and perhaps we can find something that intrests you to give you something to do. I know i could not stand just sitting around with nothing to do. Do you have any thing that intrests you that we might have on board?"

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Marcus considered the offer carefully. "I wouldn't wat to intrude on you and Lucy." He replied softly, "You two are just starting out. You don't need an old geezer like me hanging roun your necks." He looked up and around the galley. "But something to fill my time would nice. Back home, I wa an astronomer for the government. I worked at the observatory. It was my job to analyse and catalogue new star systems and determine wether or not they could be inhabited." He shrugged lightly, "Maybe I could help out in your astrometrics lab? I'd love o see what you hav in that field."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Alexin nodded and said. "Well then I think you have just signed up for a job." I will let the lab know that you will be stopping by to begin work. With the new alignment of so many different systems of both galaxcies, it is going to be a brand new galaxcy to explore and map." Everything would change in this field. Star systems would move and others from both galaxcies would change the patterns in the sky forever. It would take years to redo star maps and catogorize stars and planets. Marcus would have the time of his life rediscovering the heavens.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Marcus seemed to smile a little and nodded his head, "Thank you Alexin." He offered, "That means a lot to me." At his side, Lucy was siling too. It was good that Alexin had found something for her father to do. If nothing else, it would keeo him busy for a long while. "I've not long ordered something to eat." The man spoke up, "Would you younguns like to join me for dinner?" He gave a small shrug. Lucy looked to Alexin and then the door as Michael then entered. At this rate, it would be turning into a family meal.

Michael seemed happier, but he had learned a long time ago how to hide his grief. Carona was with him and seemed happy enough, though they were quiet. Micheal spotted his father and made his way over. "Hey Dad." He said warmly, "Are we ok to join you guys?" He got a nod from Lucy and Macus of course, but Michael wouldn't sit unless all agreed. He looked at Alexin with a smile....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:12 am

As Michael and Carona came in and asked to join them, Alexin nodded and smiled. Lucy's family was there, all together along with Alexin and Carona who were fast becoming a part of it. Carona knew that Michael was not completely alright with the news of his mother's death. With a simple look and gesture Alexin picked up the idea and knew he would have to have a talk with Michael as well. Once all were seated and meals ordered Alexin asked Michael, "What about you, what do you want to do during the trip to the rendevou and to the new system." Being the son of an astronomer and the brother to a scientist he had wondered what his interests were. They had not really talked about it. It would be good for him to get into some kind of work to keep him occupied.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Michael offered Carona to sit first and then took his seat next to her. He ordered a meal fr himself after Carona had ordered hers and then sat back to speak with Alexin. At first, he wasn't sure what the other man was talkin about. What did he want to do during the trip? In a way, he was already doing it. Carona was teaching him a new form of martial arts and the tech guys in the biochem lab had already given him a position. "Well." He bean, "Carona's kept me pretty busy and she's got me a spot in the biochem lab. I'm still learning my way around, but it's been amazing so far." He smiled warmly and then licked his lips as his and Carona's meal arrived. "Whatever this green stuff is, I've got a real taste for it. Carona tells me it's something called Thurden, a kind of meat mixed with root vegetables and deep fried."

Lucy couldn't help but laugh quietly. She knew what Thurden was and wasn't about to tell her brother. She motioned to Alexin not to say anything either as the reaction would no doubt be quite embarrassing for Michael. Besides, the man had refused to eat Earth liver and onions since he was able to feed himself......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:31 pm

It seemed Carona had gotten things rolling for Michael. Getting him involved with some sort of work would help pass the time and make him feel a part of something. He caught the small sign given to him by Lucy. Evidently she did not want her brother knowing what he was eating. He had a feeling that it was for the best. The time spent at the table was then just small talk of what was going on and a few jokes and such.

The days passed and soon it was into weeks. Each day brought new discoveries as the astronomers kept updating their finds and what they beleived to be destruction of stars and systems in both galaxcies as they continued to collide. Finally the earth ships were spotted and the Council of Elders called Alexin and Lucy to the conference room once more. "We will be making contact with your fleet in just under an hour. We wish you to extend our greetings to your people and arrange for the meeting of your government officials so we can go over the treaty." The Chief Elder told Lucy.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:05 pm

The weeks were flying by and everyone was being kept busy. Marcus was all but running astrometrics now and had already created seeral new databases with the new star charts still being comprised. Michael was advancing quickly too in the biochemistry labs. Many new and interesting elements and compounds were being created and he was thoroughy enjoying documenting and cataloging everything he had found. Lucy had been doing much the same thing. The course of the collision had changed so many things and had thrown up a wide variety of new astrological changes. Working alongside her father and brother, every inch of the new galaxy was being mapped out and studied, new course routes being plotted and then replotted as the shape, size and composition continued to change. Alongside this, Lucy had also mastered the Karvellian language entirely. She no longer needed translators to read and write it, she could do it herself. She was spending more time now on the planning of the rendevous with her people. What should be said, what deals should be made and what should be shared between the cultures. For the most part, the trade would be equal, but both she and the Council Elders agreed that certain things would not be made so readily available; not yet anyways.

As the rendevous date drew closer, Lucy worked harder to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. The probes that had been sent to the major moon in the Vega system had returned with a full analysis of the small planet. The results had shown that the atmosphere had not matched the translated findings on the first scans. It had turned out that the findings scrawled on the ruined ship were a list of elements needed to terraform the planet. These new findings had been met with both relief and animosity from the Council. The rest of the race might some day turn up and try again and it had been made clear the ship had indeed been a warship. More probes had been sent out to further the sensors range in order to make sure the warlike race was nowhere to be found. As of yet, the readings had come back clear of anything but th human convoy.

The day of the rendevous had finally arrived. Dressed in her finest and looking her best, Lucy entered the conference room and bowed her head in respect to the Elders. She smiled at Alexin before moving to the table. She put down the datapads and paperwork needed. "I have the treaty here Sir, and ready to sign by both parties." She offered. "The Earth convoy have already received the formal greeting and have sent a welcoming reply. The UN officials are eager to begin talks. As we have discussed already, the frst meeting will be here. The Attourney General will take a shuttle here with the various government officials once both convoys have merged. Once the initial meeting has been concluded, it would be a good idea to allow some mingling between us. It would give some credit to public relations between the peoples and give each side a head start in what to expect when we reach Vega. Does everone agree with this?"

Even Lucy had to admit that for a scientist, she was becoming quite adept at politics too.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum