The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Carnivale (open,R rated)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Carnivale (open,R rated) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Carnivale (open,R rated)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Blade stared into his drink for a while, "I can imagine how hard it was watching her leave you behind." He offered quietly, "Flower and I had to watch Gladys go that way and she was as close to our mother as God would allow.".....

Bearnie nodded. "We had some very good years together. I enjoyed all of them. She knew what I was but never said anything about it and I didn't use my abilities while we were together, except to make people beleive I was growing old as well. When she died, I left and had to make it look like I died in a bad accident. Been roaming the world ever since, still not using them. I learned that no not knowing what would happen was better. Made the years more fun." But now there is my grandson and he is going to need help adapting to what is coming. He already was able to see a bit into the future today. Soon that will expand."

Blade nodded almost sadly, but then offered a smile, "I'm sure flower will mentor him the same as she did you." He said, then half turned his head to the bedroom. Dahlia had turned over. He then returned his gaze to Bernard. "If he decides to stay, you know we will take good care of him.".....

"Well if the boy knows what is good for him he will." Bernie told Blade. "At least for a while so he can get himself intune with his abilities." Bernie remembered what Blade said about how they had made enough to feed them for a decade. He chuckled. "I also ensured my grandson had a nice nestegg. Bought some stock that has soared over the years. Hell it would keep everyone here for the next hundred years if need be." he had noticed that Dahlia had moved. He had been begining to use his own abilities more the last few days.

Blade laughed openy and quite happily for the first time in days. "Oh God Bernie, you've been gone far too long from here." He chortled. "I wasn't talking about the money. That's by and by around here and only used to restock the rides and stalls for the next adventure. I'm talking about the energy; the laughter and emotion that we glean from the normals." He put his glass down and leaned forward with his elbows on his knees.....

Bernie never had to worry about that. He had stopped aging and didn't need to feed on the energy that Blade and the others did to stay young. He always wondered about it, and in his wanderings he had went here and there to see about myths and stories of people that had lived long lives. But none had panned out and he still didn't know what kept him young, except it probably had to do with his genetic make up. He had studied enough to know that one's genitics was responsible for many things, and aging was one of them. "Well I had best be going for now. Tell Dahlia I was here and send my love and to be gentle with my grandson. It is going to be hard enough on him to learn that he is falling for a woman of her age." he chuckled and stood up. He took Blade's hand and shook it. "I'll be around and in contact."

Blade shook his friend's hand firmly, "I'll keep a look out for you." He replied, then turned his eyes to the door. "They've entered the camp.".....

Bernie made his exit quietly and was out of sight before Jason and Hoss pulled up. He had a mind shield up as he called it to prevent Jason from sensing him. Jason hopped out of the truck and moved to the trailer, looking up at Blade. "How is she?" he asked.

Blade smiled back down the steps at Jason and nodded, "She's fine." He said, "Sleeping like a baby for now." He stepped to the side and nodded at Hoss to disappear for a while. Hoss tipped his hat and made a quiet exit. "Come in, dear boy." Blade offered, "You and I need to have a talk.".....

As Bernie made his way from the Carnival he smiled. Jason was in good hands. Baring accidents and the fate of wars, his grandson would live quite a long life. Bernie's grandfather had died in a war. Though they lived long, they still were mortal. They could die from mortal wounds or certain diseases that killed. Jason raised a brow, "Dear boy?" he asked. "Why do you always call me that?"

Blade half turned and smiled as he poured more brandy, "Well, my dear bo....... Jason, I call you that because that's exactly what you are. Drink?".....

Jason entered the trailer. "Thats what I am? I am 25 years old, I am way beyond being a boy." he told Blade.

Blade smiled again, then gave a small chortle of laughter. "Compared to me, Jason, your grandfather isn't even an itch yet in his daddy's drawers." He held out the brandy. "You're gonna need this." He offered, "And it might be an idea to sit down."......

Jason took the drink and gave Blade a strange look. "What are you talking about." he asked and sat down in the same spot his grandfather had been sitting in.

Blade also sat down, "You already know so much about my family, Jason, but there's far much more that you need to know." He put the drink down and went to a small, but spacious looking bureau. He took out a medium sized box and brought it back to the table. "Now we can talk about your grandfather." He opened the box and took out some pictures, set them aside and took out one more. "This picture was taken just before the Great War errupted." He said, handing the old picture to Jason. "You might recognize a few faces." It was a picture of Bernard, Blade and Dahlia, dressed in their finest....

He looked at the picture. It was around the time that his grandfather met his grandmother. But Blade and Dahlia being there could not be. That would make them as old as he would have been if he was alive. "That can not be. You are not that old."

Blade shook his head, "No." He said, "We are much older." He picked up one of the pictures he had already taken out. It was one of Blade alone as ringmaster in the main tent. He handed Jason the picture. The people around him were clearly dressed in 19th century clothing. "Turn it over." He offered. On the back, it showed the date, "23rd August 1875"....
:
Jason looked at it shaking his head. "No that can't be, that would mean you are........"

"Even older than you can imagine." Blade said, finishing the boy's sentence. "Now I'd suggest you have a drink."....

He downed the brandy and sat the glass on the table. "You are trying to tell me that you, and Dahlia are over a couple hundred years old?"

Blade finished his own drink and had poured out two more before he answered. "We stopped counting at 250." He said, "And that was some time ago." He came back with the drinks and handed the second to Jason. "But to get back to the main topic..... Your grandfather, Bernard. He joined us in 1904, not '21. Before that, he had his own travelling show as the Great Mysterio.".....

"What?" he asked when he told him that his grandfather had joined them in 1904 and he had his own traveling show before that. "That would make him over a hundred and ten years old. He was not that old." Blade was telling him that all three were older then they were. "And just how are you and your sister that old and my grandfather over a hundred and ten?"

Blade took up a picture and stared at it for a while. "We're not quite sure." He said, "But every once in a while, someone is born that just doesn't age like the rest and it's rare that we know our parents. Bernard didn't really know his mother and our mother is still to this day, an utter mystery."....

Jason leaned back in the couch. What Blade was telling him could not be, but the pictures, the time frames. He took a sip of the brandy. "My grandfather was a fortune teller..... psychic." he took out the flyer from his pocket and looked at it. "I have that ability, don't I? I am like my grandfather?"

Blade nodded, "Indeed you are." He said, "And coming into your abilities like he did. That's half the reason he found us in the beginning." He sipped some more brandy and half turned his head again to the bedroom door. Dahlia had turned over again and was gently chewing on a corner of her blanket. Blade smiled, then turned his attention back to Jason.....

Jason felt Dahlia also. He looked back that way and knew she was alright but still he worried. Then he remembered what Blade had said. She was over two hundred years old. That was hard to understand. "You helped him understand his ...... his...... abilities." he mumbled. His thoughts were on Dahlia though. Over two hundred, but looked like she was only around 25. Hell what the hell, he didn't care.

Blade sensed Jason's thoughts, but made no mention of them. For now, he was happy to answer the boy's questions. "No." He said, "I played very little part in his learning. I was his friend and feloow misfit back then. It was Dahlia that helped him train his mind and what a job she did too. He was a mess when he found us. It took her a good few years to help him focus. Took a lot out of her too, but she wouldn't give up."....
:
He looked at Blade. "She helped him?" Then he realized that he was going to need help. He didn't know how he was going to handle everything that he figured was going to come his way. It was only begining and it already had him worried. "So I will live long like my grandfather?" that would be interesting he thought. But he would not fit in around town that was for sure. Not growing old, and everyone noticing it. "What am I to do about that?"

Blade nodded, "Spent nearly ten years at his shoulder." He said, then looked up at the next question. "Yes." He told the boy, "You'll live as long as he does, maybe longer depending on lifestyle and fate. What you do about it is your choice, but out of respect to him and to you, my door is open should you chose to stay with us. At least we can guarantee no prejudice."....

Stay with them? Become part of the Carnival? He couldn't say that it was not an idea. They moved around from city to city, no one knew what they were like, or would remember them. But to leave everything behind? But who else was going to help him. He would have to take care of a few things first. His business, house and such. Ray could run the business and deposit his share of the earnings in his account. The house he could close up and have looked after. He would have to have some kind of place to live, a trailer and truck. "Why not." he said finally.

Blade lifted an eyebrow, "Don't be so hasty to make your decision yet, my boy." He offered, "Spend some time and give it some serious thought. We are here until the end of the week, we are going home. We have a private place in the desert that I can give you directions. And Dahlia will need to know as well when she wakes.".....
:
He nodded. It was a good idea. It would take more then a couple days to get everything settled anyways. Plus he had alot to think about in the mean time. He stood up his head whirlling with so much to comprehend.

Blade could feel his confusion and how his mind was struggling to store everything he'd been told. "You can stay here for tonight." He said, "I wouldn't suggest driving in your state. We may be immortal in most ways, but we are still subject to the laws of nature... and Newton."....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:48 am

"Stay here for the night." He looked around. He could and it probably would be wise to do so. "I think your right." he said simply, "But I need a shower and a change of clothes." working on the trucks with his crew he had gotten pretty dirty. He looked at himself and he looked pretty bad. The clothes he wore were work clothes that had already been stained from the oil and grease, that would not come out in the wash.

Suddenly he felt so very tired and could hardly keep his eyes open. He figured it had to be the long day of work, the coming down from the adrenalin rush of rescuing Dahlia from the two men. "Yeah a shower and then I can go home in the morning and change."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:15 am

Blade nodded, but then looked Jason up and down. They were roughly the same size give or take an inch. "You can borrow some clothes from me for the morning." He said. He then pointed towards the bedroom. "The bathroom is behind the bedroom." He said, "So you'll have to be quiet. I have some spare razor blades in the cabinet you can use and I'm sure there's a box of toothbrushes under the sink so help yourself."

The bathroom door was less than six feet from Dahlia's bed, but it would be hard to see her until on reached the door. She had turned over again and had the duvet pulled right up to her head. All someone would be able to see would be a tuft of dark hair over the white duvet cover and perhaps half a foot or a few toes sticking out the bottom. Blade's bed was on the other side of the room and out of the way. It wasn't a large room, but comfortable enough for two people.

The bathroom itself was tiny with just enough room for a decent sized shower, a toilet and a basin with a cupboard and cabinet. One person could stand in there, but two would be impossible. Everything was immaculately clean and in perfect order. In such a small space, everything had its place. Fresh towels were hung beside the sink and a small collection of shampoos and shower gels stood on a neatly indented shelf in the shower cubicle. On the far side were Dahlia's things that smelled fruity and sweet an on the near side under the shower head, stood Blade's more manly smelled items. The floor was big enough for a small rug to stop any slippage on the tiles beneath.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:55 am

Jason nodded and moved to the bathroom and closed the door. He stripped out of his clothes and turned on the water. Stepping into the shower he began washing the grime off of him. As he washed he thought over the last couple of days. It seemed his life was in a jumble at the moment, and would never be the same again. He wondered if the carnival had not come to town if he would have just stayed the same as he had been or would these strange abilities have manifested themselves and after awhile, drove him insane.

His mind again went back to that summer he spent with his grand parents. The way his grandfather looked at him, the brief conversation he heard between his grandparents, of the skip a generation. Evidently his father had not been burdened with the abilities that he now had inherited from his grandfather. He wondered if he hand known about his father's secret or had it been kept a secret from him. That he would never know. Both his mother and father were dead, They had died in a car crash a couple years ago. So he was now all alone. He didn't know his mother's side of the family. They had disowned his mother for marring his father. They way of the rich and famous he guessed.

But he knew he could no longer stay. All to soon it would become evident that he was not aging and that would make people look at him strange. That and if the ability to see things in the future and read minds would have had him doubting his sanity. Blade's offer was the most logical way to go.

Once he figured he was clean he took a towel and dried himself off and cleaned up his mess and put things back where had gotten them. He took another towel and wrapped it about his waist, before leaving the bathroom. He gathered up his dirty clothes and bundled them up as he made for the living room of the trailer. When he saw Blade, "What will the others think of an outsider staying the night and being around the living area so much?"

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:09 am

Blade cleaned up quietly while Jason took a shower. He washed out the glasses and put them back in the cupboard and then put his brandy away. Eveything was tidied and in order again. He entered the bedroom briefly to collect some clothes for Jason and then went back into the living area. He left the clothes on the breakfast table, neatly folded. A pair ol old style, but comfortable trousers, a shirt and some clean underwear. Jason might find them odd to begin with, but Blade had always sworn by their comfort. Eventually, the boy returned and Blade smiled at the more clean and presentable appearance.

"There's some clean clothes on the table for you." He said, "A bit old style for you maybe, but they're comfortable. There's some bags under the sink that you can put your old ones in untl you get home." He made his way to the bedroom door, but then stopped as Jason asked what would happen with the others. He gave a small smile, "Play nice with them and they'll play nice with you. If you make a big deal of being here, then so will they. Breakfast starts at 7." He then entered the bedroom and closed the door.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 am

Jason wondered if that meant he had been accepted by everyone or that they were just tolerating his presence. Blade though seemed to have accepted him, especially offering to have him come stay with them. He took the clothes and got dressed. He was not about to sleep in his birthday suit or just under ware, not in someone else place anyways. At home he usually slept naked. Once dressed he laid down on the couch and got comfortable.

He slowly drifted off to sleep, but a bit of a troubled sleep. In his mind he saw a train wreck. It was a freight train that derailed somewhere, but no one was hurt. Then he saw an airliner having engine trouble and making an emergency landing, a shoot out between police and bank robbers. where two officers were killed before the robbers themselves were killed. He saw the time, street names, bank name and on the police cars the name of the city.

When he woke in the morning he sat up rubbing his head. Looking at his watch it was 6 am. He licked his lips and reached for his cell phone. In twelve hours the bank robbery would take place and five people would be dead. He called the operator and got her to put him through to the city's police department it would take place in "The Arlington Bank and Trust Bank on 33rd and Johnson will be robbed today at just be fore 6 pm. The robbers will be heavily armed. Doesn't matter who this is, just have people there. These guys don't care who they kill." he then hung up.

Did Dahlia have these dreams, these visions? Had his grandfather? What had they done if they had.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:48 am

The night passed without incient for Blade and Dahlia and on those rarest of occasions, Blade actually woke up alone for once. His twin had barely moved since he'd put her to bed the night before. A quick check of his clock on the nightstand said it was a few minutes after 6am. He'd slept solid for over 5 hours. As quietly as he always was, Blade got up, washed and dressed and left the bedroom. Jason, it seemed, was already awake. He'd heard the boy briefly while he was getting washed and it sounded as though he was talking to someone. On entering the living area, he felt the lingering images of the dreams the boy had suffered and shook his head. "I won't say good morning to you." He offered quietly, "Or ask if you'd had a peaceful night." He then offered a smile. "But I make a mean morning coffee."

Moving across the space, he put the kettle on the stove and took out a large coffee pot. He filled it with the crushed beans and then poured on the boiling water. "Dahlia will help you control the dreams so you can sleep properly bofore she starts your focus training." He said as he swirled the pot a little and then took out a small strainer, the two large mugs. He put the strainer over a mug and then poured in the strong black liquid. "There's some cream in the fridge and some sugar in that little white pot by the sink if you want it." He then poured his own and took it to the sofa.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:07 am

As he poured his own coffee, "She has had visions while she has slept? What did she do about them." he asked. He could not help but want to change what was going to happen. The train and the plane, no one was hurt. Yes the train was wrecked and made a mess but it was not like the bank one. There people died and though he did not mind if the robbers were killed, the officers that did probably had families, wives and kids. That he could not live with himself knowing he had done nothing to try and change it.

Like his vision with Dahlia. She had been raped by the two men, but he had gotten there in time to stop it. He had changed the future. Could it be that the future was not set in stone, that it could be changed. "Have you ever wondered why Dahlia has the ability to see the future? I can't help wonder why I should have been given this ability." he sipped his coffee. He left it black and it tasted really good.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 am

Blade mused over his coffee for a moment or two before he answered. "She's had them since childhood really." He began, "We both did. But it really hit her during puberty. Back then, there was little she or anyone really could do about it." A long sip of his coffee. "There were a few clairvoyants in the carnivale then, but none were close to her caibre. They taught her to meditate and focus on the present rather than the future. It took her a long time, but she managed." The next question didn't take as long to think about.

"I have no idea how or why she can see what she does. Maybe people like us and her are proof that there is more to mankind than the scholars would have us believe. Or maybe we're just a fluke in Nature's evolution. Maybe God himself created us. We are a question that no-one has the answer to." Blade sipped more of his coffee and then looked up at Jason. "I felt some of your dreams when I came in the room earlier. They disturbed me, so I can only assume they disturbed you more. Jason, the first thing you must learn is that visions of the future are subjective only."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:59 am

Evelution, a gift, a fluke of nature? He wondered. To him it felt as if he was given the abilities to use it for something, why else have it. But first he need to do like Blade had said, learn to control it, to focus and be able to shut it down if need be. "In other words it is not definate. Things can change it. What is seen is only one possible future."

He looked back towards the bedroom. Evidently Dahlia was still sleeping. He was wanting to talk to her a bit before he took off, but he guessed that was not meant to be. "Well I had best get going. Got to get my shop opened up and some work done. " he grinned and headed for the door. "Thanks for the coffee." He opened the door and then walked to the truck that had his bike in it. With in a few minutes he had it out and had it started up. The rumble of its engine filled the encampment.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 am

Blade nodded, "Very true." He said, "Human beings are the most unpredictable creatures on the planet and any decision, no matter how small, can change the course of the future. Dahlia will teach you everything she can to help you control your abilities and focus on what matters." Then Jason was maiking his exit and Blade felt a little dejected about that. He was rather enjoying the different kind of company that the boy had thus far provided.

Outside, camp life was alredy well under way and many turned to stare at Jason leaving the caravan, wondering what had been going on. Hoss had provided some insight and a few details, but very little else. When Jason started the bike up, a few came a bit closer to the caravan and began talking amost themselves about wo he was and why he had stayed overnight with the management. A few were upset that he was leaving without at least introducing himself first. These carnivale folk were sociable and curious people; they liked to know what was going on inside their boundries.

Blade eyed a few of the onlookers and lifted an eyebrow over his coffee. Not the best start for Jason, but he knew they would come round sooner rather than later. After all, this man would soon be family. The only problem he could foresee would be Dahlia. She would be upset that he hadn't stayed long enough to let her thank him propely for saving her life once again. Blade knew that she took such matters very seriously.

Dahlia woke as she heard the bike's engine and was quickly out of bed. she ached all over from the previous day and the bruises had come up proper now. Still, and with her blanket in her arms, she left the bedroom and made for the front door. At Blade's side, she looked like a ragged child as she clutched her blanket to her. Blade put his arm around her and smiled. "He'll be back." He said.
Dahlia held her blanket closer still, 'Before or after he's betrayed us to the outsiders?'
Blade leaned over slightly and kissed the top of her head, "Neither." He promised.
'I don't believe you. How can a peron be trusted when they won't even be polite?' Was the reply and she went back inside.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Jason notice the carnival folk looking his way and he saw Hoss also. He eased the bike in his direction and a few of the others and stopped. "Blade has invited me to come out to your place in the desert. I'll be doing that as soon as I can get my things in order here." He looked back at the trailer and saw Dahlia standing there with her brother, then he turned back to Hoss. "I'll be back tonight and since Blade and Dahlia will probably be pretty busy, perhaps you can take me around and introduce me to everyone." The smile on his face told him alot and he nodded.

He then turned the bike around and rode it over to Blade's trailer and shut it off. "I see that she is awake. Would it be alright if I talked to her?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Hoss happily tipped his hat at Jason and nodded with a smile. He would be happy to take him on the rounds. The other seemed suitably placated also and went back to their morning routines. When he went back to Blade's caravan, Dahlia had already gone back inside to get washed and dressed, but the other twin was happy to let him back inside.

Blade poured out some more coffee and handed a mug to Jason. "She'll be out in a few minutes." He offered and indeed, less than a minute later, Dahlia came through. She wasn't dressed like before. Now, she was wearing a simple pink cotton shirt tucked into a long brown skirt. No corset or pinned hat, no stiff jacket or boots and her mass of hair in a loosely tied ribbon at her shoulders. She looked more at ease and natural. Blade smile warmly. "Morning flower." He offered, "How are you feeling?"
'Couldn't stay away?' Her question was aimed at Jason.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:17 pm

"Well I was worried about you but didn't want to wake you or have your brother wake you. Figured you needed to sleep more after yesterday." his thoughts went out to her. If he was going to have the ability he might as well get use to it and use it. The stray thought of how lovely she looked slipped out as well. He still had a lot to learn about being able to control what thoughts he was allowing to go forth to her or her brother.

He then told Blade, "I asked Hoss to show me around and introduce me to everyone. Since I will be joining you at your desert place I figured I might as well get to know everyone. I'll be back tonight to do that." But he didn't take his eyes off of Dahlia.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Dahlia gave a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders at his commen, but the stray thought after made her look at him briefly. 'Thank you.' She replied. When he carried on, but speaking to Blade instead, her eyes went wide and she nearly dropped her coffee. She poured it away and made for the door. 'I'm going for breakfast.'

Blade sniffed a little and drank the rest of his coffee. "Don't worry about it." He said pre-emtively, "The last person we took home landed us in some trouble. She'll be fine when she's had a think about it.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:34 am

Jason watched her hurridly run out of the trailer after he had said he was going to be joining them and everything. He had no idea why she had done that. He just shugged his shoulders and sighed, then told Blade he would be back later. He again got on his bike and roared it to life and took off to his Auto Shop. Watching him go Bernie shook his head. He could tell that Dahlia did not trust Jason. He really could not blame her, since they had been betrayed and almost killed. He moved from his spot near the kitchen tent and moved up beside her. "Well teach, how are you doing?" he asked, lifting the brim of his hat and smiling at her.

Blade accepted Jason's exit. He sat back to consider his thoughts and sent one to his sister to bring him back some pancakes. At the food table, Dahlia plated herself something and then another for Blade. She covered his up and gave it to one of the misfits to take to him. She took her own to a bench table and was about to sit down when she heard a voice she hadn't heard for a long, long time. With a huge smile, Dahlia dumped her plate down and spun around to give Bernard a warm hug. Everyone that was old enough to remember him looked happy to see him too. 'Oh my, I've missed you!' Her mind screamed......

He laughed and hugged her back. "Yes it has been a very long time hasn't it." he said. "I sence you are troubled my dear. What troubles you?"

Dahlia shook her head and let the man go before she turned back to the table and sat down. 'It's nothing.' She offered as she kicked out the seat next to her so Bernard could sit. 'Just Blade on a quest again, I think. He's invited Jason back to home camp, but I'm not sure he should be trusted yet.'....

"The young man that just left here?" he looked at her raising a brow. "I have a feeling it runs much deeper then trust." he told her, "Come on girl, out with it. Remember we could talk out things in the past. You were the first one I told about my Rose. So what else is there?"

Dahlia gave her former student a slightly dark look. 'Don't play coy with me, Bumble.' She chided, using the child-like name she had given him all those years ago, 'I know he's your grandson.' She shook her head and stabbed at a pancake, then a slice of bacon before she pushed the plate away, 'I'm cautious about him and I don't trust him enough to let him so close. You probably know he saved my life yesterday afternoon in the city and he has all the classic tells of your bloodline, but....' She shook her head again, 'I can't bring myself to be as open to him as Blade is being. He's put us in danger with that before.'...
:
Bernie took one of her hands in his. "Yes he is my grandson, and if he is anything like me........ you trusted me did you not?" he gave her hand a squeeze. "I have watched him over the last few years and he has a good heart. But teach, I was here the night that you ran from your tent when doing a reading with him." He looked at her long and hard. "Come clean. There is something else that is worring you."

Dahlia curled her tiny fingers around his and gave a small smile. She shook her head again and pulled her hand away. She picked up her fork and started poking at her breakfast again. 'He came in to have a reading after Blade messed with the show's routine.' She offered, 'And what I saw freaked me out. I drew the Lovers over Death upside down.' She looked back up at Bernie, 'You know how long it's been since that happened and the consequences it had back then.' She stared at her food once more, 'You know I can't go through that all over again.'.... the last time she got those cards in that order, she was betrayed and that's how she ended up getting hurt. blade wouldn't listen before and he took the guy to their home. and now she's had the same cards again, she's afraid that it will all happen all over again. the rape, the questions, tests and humiliation

Bernie looked at her, "The last time he was not family, not like us." he told her. "Look deep into Jason. Besides would not the lovers card be him and the death card be the two that tried to rape you. He was there to protect you, to keep you safe. Bernie shook his head. "He is definately not like that guy back then, and I think you are afraid of being hurt emotionally like you had been back then when he betrayed you. Were you not smitten by that young man back then?"

Dahlia gave a small nod, 'Perhaps.' She conceeded, then nodded, 'I loved him dearly, Bumble, you know I did. And look what he did to me. He violated every trust I had in him and then humiliated me when I spoke up. I nearly died because of that man and I won't let someone do that to me again!' She pushed the pate away once more and got out of her seat. 'And Blade takes him in without a single thought as to the damage he could cause.".....
:
Bernie sighed. "Now you are afraid to love someone else. A lonely life my dear. A very lonely and empty life. Rose and I had so many wonderful years. She was not one of us, but she accepted us, accepted who I was and what i was. Not all people are like that young man back then. Already Jason has shown his trust. He didn't have to try and stop those two men that came to rob the carnival. He could have turned his back and let it happen, If he had not been there.........."he closed his eyes and swallowed hard. "I saw blood, lots of blood in a vision." he looked at her.

Dahlia stood and folded her arms neatly. She was readying her answer when he said he had a vision. The arms dropped and she sat back down again. 'Where?' she asked, 'When? Who does the blood belong to?'.....

"It belonged to you. That night at the trailer when he came to stop those men. The vision had been of them robbing your brother and killing you. But he changed that, he intervened. How many outsiders would have done what he did for this carnival." he placed a hand on her shoulder. "That alone should tell you much."

Dahlia relaxed her shoulders again and then leaned her head over to rest on his hand. 'I know.' She said, 'It's just so hard to have that much trust in someone and I'm far from the soul I used to be. Maybe I should go talk to him; away from here and away from Blade's interfering tongue. What do you think Bumble?'...

He gave her a warm smile. "I think that would be a good idea." he looked about, "Need a ride?"

Dahlia smiled and shook her head, 'Thanks, but I'm good.' She told him, 'I've been needing an excuse to take layla out with the trap. Besides, who's gonna mess with a homestader with a damned big cob pony?' she leaned over and kissed his cheek. 'You were always my go-to guy Bumble and I love you for it. Tell Blade I'll be back by lunch.'...

"I will let him know." Bernie told her. "And I will tell him not to worry. I will be keeping an 'eye' out on you if you don't mind."

Dahlia smiled and left him at the table. She went into the tent that served as the camp's barnyard and gave Layla a loving rub on the nose. The huge cob knew she was going out and whinnied her pleasure. Ten minutes later, Dahlia left the camp and made for the city. Layla moved quickly and easily kept up with the traffic. She arrived at the workshop quickly and was met at the door by one of Jason's friends......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 am

Bernie went over to Blade's trailer and entered as he had always done in the past. Dahlia, Blade, and him had been like bother's and sister ever since he had joined them. It had been hard for him to leave them to be with his Rose but she was well worth it. It was rare that two people could love each other so much and for so long, especially in the modern day world. "Your sister is going to see Jason at his place of work. But don't worry about her, I am keeping tabs on her." he told him. "What do you think Blade? Think Dahlia will give the boy a chance? Open her heart to him? It has been a very long time since that day. It is not good for such a woman like her to be with out a man."

Ray met her at the door and looked at the horse grinning. It was one way to get around and not have to worry about gas or breaking down. "You are here to see Jason I guess. I'll go get him for you. You can tie her to the pole over there if you like." Ray went back to the office where Jason was already preparing for his departure. "Hey that young lady from the carnival is here to see you."

Jason looked up from the paperwork and smiled. He stood up and as he came around the desk he put a hand on Ray's shoulder. "Later today we need to talk my friend, about the business. " Ray got a puzzled look on his face but before he could ask anything Jason was already out the door.

He went out side and saw Dahlia standing there. She was beautiful and the way the sunlight seemed to surround her made her even more beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:22 am

Blade was almost out of his seat and racing for the truck when Bernie came in and told him that Dahlia had gone off alone. It was only when his friend said he would keep tabs on her that he sat back down again and nodded. He trusted Bernie more than any other soul. At the garage, Dahlia got down from the trap and stood under Layla's massive head, cooing her at her silently while Jason arrived. When he did, his thoughts betrayed him greatly and Dahlia felt a slight blush rise to her cheeks. The cards were definitely right about his heart. 'Keep staring at me like that and your tongue will hit the ground.' She offered.......

He smiled and chuckled, "Well one can not easily take their eyes of beauty." He looked around expecting Blade to be around. But he only saw Dahlia and her horse. "You came alone?" There was worry in his voice. Not all the people of the city were like those that attacked her, but yet there were still more like them around. "Come inside where it is a bit cooler."

Dahlia patted Layla's neck firmly. 'Would you want to mess with someone the size of her?' She asked with a chortle, 'Blade knows where I am and someone is watching over me, so don't panic.' The woman half turned to look into the heat haze of the city and shrugged her shoulders, 'I'm fine actually.' She told him, 'The heat doesn't seem to affect me the way it does others, but if you insist.' She patted Layla again, telling her to stay and then went into Jason's office with him......

Ray exited the office still with a bewildered look on his face. Jason would have to let him know soon what he was planning on doing, well not all of it. He would just tell him he was leaving for awhile and for Ray to take over the business till he returned. "So what brings you into town?" he asked her, motioning for her to have a seat on a couch as he half sat on his desk facing her.

Dahlia sat on the edge of the sofa and curled her fingers around her knees as she looked around the office. Her eyes then went back to him and she gave him a small smile. 'I owe you an apology.' She told him, 'And an explaination, if you are willing.'....

"An apology?" he asked. "And an explaination?" He wasn't sure why. He knew that something had happened in the past that had her mistrusting every stranger, but that was natural. "Go ahead." he told her he was courious.

Dahlia throat made a slight noise as she seemed to clear her throat, but then looked right at him. 'The way I have been with you since we met has been... for lack of a better word... rude. I have been rude to you when you have done me no wrong. For that, I apologize to you. I was out of order. The explaination is a little more complicated.'......

Aloof, perhaps but rude, well he didn't see it that way. But he smiled and said, "Well you probably had a very good reason for it."

Dahlia shook her head, 'Not entirely.' She told him. 'Do you remember when Chloe told you that the Tarot are only subjective? That the future is not set in stone.'....

"Yes, I remember." he had realized that already. His vision of her being raped, never happened. It was like coming to a fork in the road, go down the left and one thing would happen, go down the other and something else would happen. There were differnt posibilities, depending on what one did or did not do. "Go on." he said.

'The first reading you had with me,' Dahlia told him, 'The cards that were drawn were not unknown to me. The last time they came, it was for a man and I took their meaning at face value. I fell in love with him. I had my doubts, but Blade told me I was being paranoid and so I ignored them. He brought the man to our home camp at the time. I became his wife, I went to his bed and I fell with his child.' Dahlia stood up and began to wander around the room, looking at various pictures and folders he had laying around. 'But he wasn't the man he had led us all to believe. He betrayed us, betrayed me. Near a city, much like this one, he sought out his real friends and they attacked us. I was still pregnant at the time, quite far along. Blade was badly beaten and many of our misfits were killed. The man I called husband had me held down and while he watched, he allowed his friends each a turn.' Dahlia stopped her wanderings for a moment and seemed to stare at a picture on the wall. It wasn't anything specific, she just liked the scene. 'I almost died that night.' She continued, 'And our baby arrived stillborn a few days later. A son. Of course, Blade and I went to the authorities and pleaded our case, but nothing came of it. It transpired that the man was a close friend with the governor of the city and so my cries went unheard and uncared for. They even denied the existence and death of my first borne.' Dahlia then turned to face Jason, 'After that, I lost the will to speak. No-one would listen, so I saw no reason to cry any more. And I haven't since that day.'....

Jason moved forward and stood before her. He wanted to place his hands on her shoulders and to pull her to him and hold her to him. "I understand." he said in a sincere voice, "That man was a fool, an idiot for doing what he did. You and your brother and the others should never have been treated like that." He looked at her grief in his eyes for the loss of her first born.

Dahlia stood and let Jason touch her and even moved forward a step should he decide to hold her closer. 'Blade gained vengeance years later, but the damage had long been done. No-one but us and a few of our remaining troupe remember what happened and those involved have long been growing daisies. It would seem that it is only me that has yet to let go.'.....

He pulled her to him even though he feared her reaction would be a negative one. "He deserved anything he got, and more. He should have been made to suffer greatly for what he did and all those involved." He realized then that the reading she had was the same as before and she feared it happening again. "I am not that man or anything like him. "My father told me that his father had taught him to respect women and never, ever to hit them. My father passed that on to me." he lifted her chin up and looked down into her eyes.

Dahlia looked back up at him and gave him a real and open smile. 'I know that now.' She said, 'That's why I came here today. I needed you to know that you had done nothing wrong and why. And I had to tell you myself. Blade interptrets for me and speaks for me and half the time, he changes the meaning, or interferes. He thinks he does it for my benefit, but he can't do that this time.'.....

Jason nodded. "I am glad you did." He now had alot to look forward to when he joined her and Balde at their desert camp. He was going to enjoy being taught how to control his abilites by her. "So what now?"

Dahlia looked around the office. 'I haven't really though about it.' She said.....

On his desk was a picture of his mother and father. His father looked like his grandfather, but Jason took after his mother side in looks. There were also alot of pictures on the wall of motorcycles, harley's and others. "How long are you going to be on the road before you return to your desert camp?"

'About a week, give or take.' She said, 'Why?'...

"You know I will be joining you and your brother there when I get my affairs here done. This way I know how long I have to get that done. It isn't much. Turn the business over to Ray to run, put the house up for sale and buy a truck and trailer."

Dahlia nodded, 'Yes.' She said, 'We have a few days left here before we go home. And thankfully, we have collected enough energy that we won't have to leave again for a good number of years. I think you will like our home. There are many more of us than what has travelled here with Blade and me.'....
brb a sec hun

"So are you going to head back to the carnival now. Or are you going to stay for a while?" he had been preparing the paperwork to give Ray power of attorney for the business and instructions for his share of the money made. He was almost done with that and just had to inform Ray of it all. Then he would be able to go back to the carnival and have Hoss take him around and get to know everyone.
Perhaps with Dahlia as well. This would be another step in him being able to stay with them.

Dahlia nodded, 'I can stay a while. I had Blade told that I would be back around lunchtime and it's....' she pulled a a delicate pocket watch, 'Barely past ten.'.....

Jason nodded and reluctently let her go. He returned to his desk and signed the paperwork. He then called Ray in and handed him the paperwork. "The place is yours to run my friend. I am taking a very long vacation and not sure when I will be back. That paperwork gives you power of attorney to run the place the way you want and has instructions on what to do with my share of the money. Ray's jaw dropped and he looked at Jason with a bewildered look. Then he looked at Dahlia and a glint of understanding glimmered in them. Jason placed a hand on Ray's shoulder. "Well you take care my friend." he told him and then too Dahlia gently by the arm and lead her out out the shop.

Dahlia gave Ray a warm smile and bowed her head slightly to him before she left with Jason. 'Does he understand that he will never see you again?' She asked as she moved up to Layla.....

"Oh I am sure after awhile he will." He moved up to the horse with Dahlia. "I'll follow you on my bike." he told her.

With a smile and a nod, Dahlia clambered back up into the trap and took up Layla's reigns. She turned the huge cob around and started a gentle trot down the road.......

Jason grinned and walked to his bike and started it. It rumbled to life. He put his leather jacket on and helmet and followed her, driving slowly to keep behind her, all the way back to the carnival. Back at the trailer, Bernie told Blade. "They are on their way here. " he grinned. "Time for me to leave again. If you don't mind, I'll come visit in a month or so."

Blade nodded with a smile and then waited in silence for Dahlia and Jason to arrive. They did so a few minutes later and Dahlia happily left Layla to one of the misfits while she made her way to the caravan. Blade greeted her with a loving hug as always, but then a stern look. "You should have told me you were going out." He chided. Dahlia merely shrugged and stepped aside to let Jason in...

Jason entered the trailer and felt something. He looked around as if he was looking for someone. He had felt like there was a familar presence there, but no one else was in the trailer. Outside Bernie grinned. "The boy is even stronger then I thought." He had to concentrate on keeping his mental shield up to prevent Jason from sensing him. His grandson was now in good hands and he could go
about his own business. Inside said. "Well I guess we should find Hoss and let everyone know who I am and that I will be coming to stay with you."

Blade nodded with a proud smile and led Jason out of the trailer. Dahlia followed, but kept a respectable distance for the time being. Hoss was in the main tent, getting everything set up for the evening's show. When he saw the trio enter, he stood up, moved his stogey to the other side of his mouth and grinned. "Hey ya'll." He said, then waved his hand around the arena, "Whatcha think?".....

Jason looked around the main tent. He grinned and said, "I have no idea of what to think. I am new to all of this." he had no idea of what Hoss was wanting him to look at. He knew that Blade and Dahlia would know.

Blade nodded and smiled, "Looks grand, Hoss. You and your team have done well." Hoss beamed with pride, then looked to Jason. "The set for tonight's show." He said, "Dahlia's done snowflakes and butterflies already, so tonight, she's gonna do sunflowers. Can't you see the big one up there for her to ride on?".....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Jason looked up and saw it and nodded. "I'll be here for her performance." he grinned. He looked over at Dahlia. It would be a good show he was sure. "So are you ready to take me around and introduce me to everyone?" he asked Hoss. "I think they all want to know who I am and why I am around so much." he looked over at Dahlia again and smiled. He wondered if Hoss knew himself.

He would be joining them and Dahlia, for her to train him in the use of his emerging abilities, and more. That he could feel. He would not let anything like had happened to her in the past ever happen again.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:58 am

Hoss gave a wide grin and chewed on the stogey again. "Glad to hear it." He said warmly, "I could do with some more help around here." With a nod to Blade and Dahlia, he led Jason away from the pair and started introducing him to various people. "This is my main crew." He told him as he led him to several large men. "Hugh, Lou, Barney, Bert, Dibble and this big bubba is Grub." He the leaned in sightly and whispered, "Laugh if you want, just not in front of them. The joke will come to you soon enough." He then grinned again and put Jason in the middle of the crew. "I want ya'll to meet Jason O'Riley. He'll be joinin' us with the management. Ya'll be polite now." Each of the men tipped him a small salute before carrying on with thier work.

Hoss then led Jason backstage to meet some of the misfits. Jason might recognise some of them as clowns from the show. "This is Jerry and his family, Mike, Aurthur, Sam and Mina. Guys this is Jason; the newest member of our family." The misfit all smile and shook hands with the man before carrying on with their own thing. "Next you get to meet our main attractions. They's polite enough, but Lewis can get a bit off when you stare at him."

Hoss then led Jason around the caravans to introduce him to the freaks and oddities of the show. Andre the giant and Maggie and Mary, the siamese, he'd already met. Lewis the Wolf Man shook Jason's hand firmly with his elongated head up with pride. "A pleasure to met you, Mr O'Riely." The man said in a strong English tone. This man was clearly born and bred in England and was probably in the upper class. "It's been a long time since we've had the pleasure of new family. How long will you be staying with us?".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:47 am

Jason grinned and shook everyone's hand as he was introduced. There was more then he had originally seen and it was good to see some without their makeup on so he knew who they were. Everyone had a job that they did and he had been thinking about what he would be doing besides learning to control his new abilities. He was a mechanic and he had just helped get the trucks in good shape and he figured there would be others like them back at the desert camp. So he figured he would also become the carnival mechanic and keep things running for them.

When Lewis the Wolfman asked how long he would be staying, he answered, "Well that probably will depend on a few things, how it all goes. Hopefully it will be for a long time." he grinned. Indeed it would depend on how Dahlia and him got along, though he had a feeling it was going to work out quite well, therefore he would probably be staying with the carnival.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:08 am

Lewis nodded with a smile and shook Jason's hand again, "Very good." He said, then went back to his grooming. Hoss then took him to see Beatrice, the Bearded Lady. She was happy to welcome Jason also and invited them into her caravan for a coffee. Inside, it looked somewhat similar to Blade and Dahlia's, but there were subtle differences like the furniture being more modern in style and Beatrice kept her grooming and toiletries in the living space. Every inch of her walls were covered in pictures of family and friends and the places she had visited with the carnivale. If one were to look, they would see a few with a slightly different looking bearded woman with two children stood at her side and a toddler sat on her knee.

Her thick brown beard was soft to the touch as she gave Jason a kiss on the cheek and the wrinkles around her eyes told her age. "Come in, my boy!" She said with a happy tone, "Come in and sit down." She gave Hoss a similar greeting and he placed himself on the sofa. "Trush here is a long standing carny." He said to Jason, "She's a fourth generation, or fifth, I think, Bearded Lady."
"Fifth." Beatrice said, "My family have been travelling with the carnivale for narly four hundred years. My first ancestor here was Gladys McCoy. That's her in that picture with my great, great, great grandfather. The other two children are Blade and Dahlia.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am

Jason looked at the photo and the four hundred year comment did not escape him. He smiled as he looked at blade and Dahlia as children. "Well I just learned a day ago that my grandfather was apart of this carnival for awhile. Wish he was alive now to talk to." Indeed he wished he could talk to him. I would have been nice to get some more insight on carnival life from someone he knew pretty good. His grandfather had kept all of his past a secret and with good cause he guessed.

His family was all gone now. He had no brothers or sisters, and if there were any of his grandfather's relatives around, those that might have had the long life he had and now that Jason had, he knew not of them. He sipped his coffee and asked. Did you know my grandfather? The Great Mysterio?"

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Beatrice considered the question fo a while before shaking her head gently. "I knew of him, but I never met him personally." She said,"He was a bit before my time. My mother was a friend though, but she died a few years back. You're best off talking to Blade if you want to know more about him. From what my mother used to tell me, those two were like book ends and always in trouble." She smiled again and finished her coffee. "Right, you're gonna have to go now. I need to get some laundry done before I set up my show for the evening." She got up and saw the pair out.

Back outside, Hoss grinned and gave a sigh of relief.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Once they were outside Hoss seemed relieved of something. He decided not to press the matter, but he could almost guess. He began walking back towards Blade's trailer. It looked as if he had met everyone and it seemed they all were willing to accept him as part of the carnival family. Once he got to the desert camp, he would meet those there. He wondered what life was going to be like there. He figured that Blade, Dahlia and the others didn't go into town alot, and he was not quite ready to break with every thing he had come to know.

He would bring his laptop, TV and other things along, have satilalite feed so he could keep up with world events, movies and the like. Also be able to order parts and things that might be needed to keep the vehicles running in good order. He would be bringing along his own tools, equipment and the like. He figured he would have to set up a shop some where. "What is it like at the Desert encampment?" he asked Hoss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next