The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terra Centuria (Res for Raven)

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Terra Centuria (Res for Raven) - Page 2 Empty Re: Terra Centuria (Res for Raven)

Post by questor Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:42 pm

The general and his men never returned. Over the next five days the weather turned foul and rain poured down each day. Tryton's men was use to such storms and had the encampment prepared for it. Rain water was collected in barrels and stored for drinking and cooking. The weather was bad enough where the Vikingar were not able to sail their ships south to the fishing villiage. But others had arrived to find it abandoned and no sign of their fellow Vikingars that had come to capture it. They began work on building defenses to make it theirs. This was reported to Tryton. Their number and also that they wore the pelts of Dire Wolves. To Tryton this was not a good thing. If she sent the wolves to attack them, they knew how to fight and kill dire wolves. Many would not return.

One of his officers asked Tryton when the scout returned. "Do you think she is a capable leader?" Tryton only smiled a bit and shugged his shoulders. But then said, "She lacks the true training and experience of leadership. Look at me Galos, it took me five years of blunders and how many battles to know how to lead you and the others. I thought I knew it all when I was given my command. I was proven wrong on a number of occasions. But we will see. I am sure she will not want that fishing village to be kept by the Vikingars. She will attack them and we will see how she does. They will be ready for such an attack I am sure." He wished she had not been sturborn and took his offer of help. It would take time but he could forge her warriors into a force that would be unstoppable. Even though it went against everything he had been taught.

His superiors would not approve of what he had done, especially if they turned his training against the forces of Rome. He would be called a traitor and would face certain death if he returned. But he was following his grandfather's advice. He was beginning to choose his people over Rome. That included those south of the wall as well. He wanted to keep what Rome had helped them build but be rid of the rule of Rome. Perhaps that was what Gaia wanted. But he had a feeling that Silver did not see it that way.

At the fort lightning struck all about the outside of its walls. It seemed as if Gaia was angry. On the fifth day, the weather began to clear some and one of her warriors came running to her tent. "Warrior Goddess. The Vikingars have taken over the fishing village and are fortifing it. The General's head and the heads of those that went with him are impaled on poles, and warrior goddess, the Vikingars............they ware the pelts of dire wolves."

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Terra Centuria (Res for Raven) - Page 2 Empty Re: Terra Centuria (Res for Raven)

Post by LadyRaven Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:43 am

Silver didn't know it yet, but her general and twenty heavy horse would not return from the fishing village further south. For the moment and for the next five days, Gaea rained down a storm on them all that frightened even her. However, it did come to their advantage as well as their cost. It damaged her fort, but it gave them more water than they could ever need and it did far more damage to the Viking encampment. She and several hundred of her people stood atop the hills overlooking the bay the Vikingar occupied and they all cheered and danced as the storm battered their ships, causing many to sink. The sheer weight of the water in the ground also caused a massive landslide on the south edge of the bay that wiped away many of their fortifications. Only Silver stood silently watching, though she did smile very darkly.

When the storm finally ended, Silver and the Elders took stock of what had happened, what had been saved and what had been lost. The fort had been quite badly damaged and the supposed weaknesses shown for the deadly traps they were. That had to be dealt with first and everything was torn back and rebuilt, changing everything from within. Secondly, the report came back about the village. Once again, success was measured with failure. But this failure had a bigger sting than Silver wanted. The Viking force that had taken the village wore the pelt of Dire Wolves.

"We could swarm them." Offered one Elder.
"No." Silver said as she paced around the table. "They would see us coming and shore up their defences. We don't know yet the damage the storm has done down there, so we must assume the worst. These Vikingar proved smarter than we gave credence already. I won't underestimate them again."
"Can we not send in your Dire Wolves to attack?" Asked another.
Silver shook her head again, "They wear their pelt, so they know how to kill such a beast. I won't allow that."
"Then what do you suggest?" Asked a third.
Silver sat and thought on this a moment. "I would like to see the village for myself."
"And what about the main force here?" Asked the first Elder. "Once the boy king realises you have left, he may try and press an advantage."
Silver smiled to the old man and shook her head, "He will not know I have left." She said. "One of my generals can take my place and wear my father's pelt to be seen."
"He would have to kneel for most of it." Laughed the Elder.
Silver narrowed her eyes, but smiled, "I'm sure he won't mind." She said with sarcasm. "I shall travel with two of my brothers and a small contingent."
"What can you do with such a small force?"
Silver thought on it a little longer. "I don't know yet until I can see the lay of the land for myself."
"You risk a lot in doing this."
Silver nodded, "I know, but I must try."
"And the Roman? Can we not go to him for help?"
"At what cost to us?" Silver asked back quickly, "He thought nothing to pointing out weakness that wasn't not only not there, but he did not even bother to actually look and listen for himself. He has made it plain to both you and to I that he sees me as little more than a foolish girl that cannot defend anything without his help. Someone that knows absolutely nothing about warfare and will lead you all to your deaths needlessly and he has convinced himself of this. To go to him now would not only prove that fact, but would undermine everything I have done thus far, everything we have done." Silver looked at the Elders as they looked between them and it was clear they agreed with her on this. So far, they had held great success against the invasion despite their recent losses and Silver had claimed the King's head within days of the first battles. It was obvious that the Roman Commander did not see this, only the recent losses and failures and that was the base of his entire assumption. They, like Silver, hoped to change that opinion and sooner rather than later, for at some point, they all knew they would need to join forces, but for that to be successful, the Commander would need to see and understand Silver as an equal, something Romans had proven time again and of being incapable of doing.

As her general took on her routine, making her presence clear as she always did to the waiting Vikingar below, Silver slipped out with her contingent and her brothers and headed south for the village. The ruse worked perfectly and the Viking scouts believed the ruse completely. The contingent made good time and tracks to the coastal village and when they got there, Silver was able to see exactly what had happened. She lowered her head in respect to the heads still on spikes in the ground, but she left them where they were. It would serve no purpose to let on their presence. The heavy horse brought with them were being penned in the village and everything that had been brought with her men was still useable.

The storm had done extensive damage to this area too and Silver was able to decide what she needed to do. The storm surge had flooded the beach and weakened the lower cliffs around the bay. The plan she had sent with her men would still work and with the storm leaving so much water in the earth still, it would work better than she had initially believed. After scouting the area thoroughly, she went back to her contingent. "Jude." She said to one of her men, "Slip into the camp and retrieve our heavy horse. Take three men with you and one of my brothers to keep watch. Bring the horses to the beach." The man nodded and slipped away. Silver then turned to the rest of her men and smiled. "Do what you can to undermine the footings around the lower cliffs. The storm has weakened them and with enough force, should collapse under their own weight into the bay. Viking ships are deep on the draft and it will stop them moving close to land. Once the beach is dredged, any small boats will be sucked up and swallowed, the men with them." The men nodded and disappeared down to the edges of the bay, fanning out as they went to avoid being seen. As for Silver, she slipped back into the shadows with her other brother to pick off any soldiers that tried to run for it.

The plan worked and it worked well. No sooner did she hear the first rumbles and cracks from the outer cliffs, total chaos ensued. Her men returned as the majority of the cliffs collapsed in on themselves, throwing immeasurable of rock and mud into the bay. The force it threw out sank every boat in the bay and flooded the beach further, taking out the primary landing points for later invasions and the movement also triggered another mudslide down the north face, burying what was left of the village. Silver was sad for the people that had lost all they owned there, but she was happy that it took the majority of the Vikingar. As it happened, the surge from the collapse dredged the beach for her, turning the entire expanse into quicksand that eagerly swallowed up anything left. Around a dozen soldiers managed to escape the disaster, but by then, Silver's men and brother had returned and the soldiers were met with deadly force. Silver and her contingent had prevailed and she had no doubt that word would soon reach the Commander of what had happened. She wondered what he would make of it.

Two days later, Silver returned to her fort to find it repaired and fortified better than before and she was greeted the victor with her contingent. Everyone was also happy to have their heavy horse returned, for horses were valuable, especially those already adapted and naturally able to navigate the forest and land. At the same time Silver arrived back to her people, a messenger arrived at Tryton's camp.

"Commander?" The boy asked as he entered the tent. "Um, I'm not entirely sure you're going to believe me, but Silver has regained the lost bay. None of your scouts saw her arrive, but they saw her leaving with a small contingent of men and heavy horse. She brought the cliffs down on the bay and flooded it, wiping out everything and rendering the entire bay impossible to use from the sea as the fallen rock has made it too shallow. The beach has been made into quicksand and she has wiped out the contingent there as they tried to escape into the forest."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:41 am

Tryton smiled at the report.  A small victory for her and she would let it go to her head.  She was learning and she did have some sound tactics, but that was mainly for hit and run and not for a full scale assault or to defend against one.  It had taken him five years to learn his lessons and he had grown up around soldiers and the officers his entire life.  He had been training to be a soldier since he was 10 years old.  Having been the son of a Roman Officer who had died in the service of Roame, it was thought fitting.  He had listened and had asked questions before he had gotten his command of the hundred at the young age of 15.   Every man in his cohort had been around the same age as him.  They grew up together, fought together, and that is where the loyalty to him came from.  They would die for him as he would for them.  But even with his training and the listening to how battles had been won, it had taken him five years to learn his lessons well.  Silver it seemed had alot less then that.  She could have had all the training and the teaching of how to be a leader, but the practical experience was what really made a leader.  

He had planned to deal with the Vikingar at the village, but she had beat him to it.  From the sound of the report, the cove would now be useless to the Vikingar until the water from the rains had drained away and the ground where the village had been was more solid.  They would have to seek another place further down the coast perhaps.  He would have to keep an eye on the coast to see if ships or even a force of ground troops moved south.  

Reports came in on the main encampment of the Vikingar.  It had been damaged and many of their ships had been wrecked due to the winds and lightning strikes.  Gaia it seemed again was helping where she could but leaving it up to mankind to deal with each other.  It would take them time to rebuild and strengthen their walls against such rains again.  He sent the messenger back to Silver with his congradulations.  

Two days after Silvers victory, Tryton was hunting in the forest with a couple of his men for fresh meat.  They were in the forest with bows moving as quietly as they could. Only a gentle breeze ruffled fallen leaves about. But on that breeze seemed to come a voice. "This way." and it seemed to move to his right. He looked at his to men and they seemed to have heard nothing. He tried to move forward in the direction he had been going, but the voice again came, and moved off to his right. Shaking his head he moved to his right and went perhaps a quarter mile. He came upon a wounded Dire Wolf.  It had a heavy crossbow bolt embedded in its front shoulder and it had lost a lot of blood.  "Leave it commander."  one of the two told him.

"No."  Tryton said.  "I will not let it die."

"But sir, it will surely not let you close to it."  the other one said.

"We will see."  Tryton said as he moved closer to it.

The beast was weak but still growled deeply at Tryton's aproached and snapped at him even though he was not that close.

"Easy there."  he spoke softly to it.  "I am not here to hurt you."  He got closer and again the beast snapped at him but other then that it could not move since it was weak.  "Clearly a Vikingar crossbow bolt."  he told his men.  Perhaps one of those that the Warrior Goddess killed tried to kill this one."  He moved even closer, talking in low tones to the dire wolf, trying to calm it.  It growled but as Tryton got closer it didn't snap at him and allowed him to examine the wound.  

"Probably barbed so it can not be easily removed."  he spoke but to no one in particular.  But to the dire wolf, "I will need to cut it out."  He slowly drew his dagger and began to cut on either end of where the barbs would be.  He had to cut deep for the bolt was embedded deep.  But he managed to remove it and the barbed tip.  "Prepare a litter.  We will take him back to camp."  he told his two companions.  He stroked the dire wolfs fur gently.  "You will heal and be on your feet in no time."  

Hours later Tryton and his men were back at camp and the dire wolf was placed in Tryton's tent where he stiched up the wound himself.  The dire wolf kept his eyes on Tryton the whole time, even when he slept.  It was another couple of days before the dire wolf had enough strength to eat and Tryton fed it raw meat.  It no long growled at him nor did it seem to look upon Tryton with fear or mistrust.  It did however growl at any that entered the tent, but made no move to attack or make any kind of menasing jester.  Tryton wondered if it was part of Silver's pack or if it was part of a different one.  

Another envoy appeared on that second day after he had brought the dire wolf to camp.  This one was from a village on the coast further south where the other villiagers had went.  As he entered the tent, he looked at the dire wolf with wide eyes and then at Tryton.  He could see the man was a bit confused and yet impressed.  "Commander, you saved the people of our village.  Rumors say that you offered the Warrior Goddess your help.  Help to train warriors in your ways.  We wish to serve the Warrior Goddess the best we can, and ask you to train the warriors of our village and the one that we now stay at.  The Vikingar fight much the same ways that your soldier's use.  If we can learn to fight them as you do we can serve the Warrior Goddess with distinction."

Tryton smiled and nodded his head.  "I will send five of my best soldiers back with you to begin the training.  It will be hard and tough.  But if you listen to them and do as they tell you, then you will be the first of your people to battle the vikingar on equal footing."  He called in one of his officers and instructed him on what was to be done.  Within the hour him and four others accompanied the envoy and his party back to the village.

Two days later the dire wolf was on his feet and went everywhere that Tryton did.  "Time to go visit the Warrior goddess I think."  he told the Dire Wolf.  "See if she is yet willing for me to train her army."  He rode alone with the Dire  Wolf loping at his side to the fort of Silver's. He took it easy as he knew the Dire Wolf would still be a bit weak and hurting. But he seemed to be a tough one, which made Tryton smile and chuckle. They came in sight of the fort and he could hear his arrival being announced. As he got closer and they saw him with The Dire Wolf their eyes went wide and murmers began to spread about those looking over the walls.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:01 am

But Silver would not be there to greet him. Much had happened quickly when she had first returned from reclaiming the fishing village further south. The day after Tryton had received word of the disastrous failure, the Viking King learned of it. It caused a huge uproar and the young king soon realised he would have rioting if he did not retaliate. And so he made his second mistake of the campaign. He sent ten thousand of his best warriors into the forest in formation. Not a single one returned alive.

The tightness of the forest was Silver most deadly weapon that day, for it prevented any kind of formation strong enough to fend off an attack from any direction. Silver chose to attack from above for this one, using the trees themselves. The Vikingar could stand no more than three abreast and half a dozen or so along and so it split them. Also, a dense fog had begun rolling in that morning and it still lingered between the trees, rendering visual contact useless. Many began to falter not long after the first numbers died, but Silver had no notion for mercy that day. As each one fell, she ordered their heads removed and gathered together. She had a favour to repay. The fighting lasted for two days and nights and Silver suffered a good few losses of her own. Those bodies were taken back to the fort to be honoured and the men replaced with new fighters to keep the line strong. The last Viking died as the sun ascended before him atop the hill. Silver made sure the King could see her take the last man's head. She threw it down the hill. As it rolled to the edge of the camp, the rest followed from behind her. And the King did indeed see.

A day later, an envoy arrived with a message and an offer for Silver. "The King feels a change of heart, does he?" She mused, "I wonder what happened to destroying us all as practice for the real fight with the Romans." The Elders all laughed. Yes, Silver was being cocky about it, but that was for their benefit. She knew she had to tread carefully now. A wounded animal cornered and alone was unpredictable and dangerous. The Vikingar were now that animal. "Pay the envoy some silver for his trouble and send him back with my acceptance." It was done. She left just after dawn the day Tryton arrived at her fort.

The journey to the Viking camp was cautious and paranoid, for she felt he may try and ambush her, but the tension was relieved when they were allowed entry to the camp and then escorted to the King's wooden house. A ship had been upturned and grounded for him. Silver shook her head some as she was led in. Adjusting her father's pelt, she positioned his head over her shoulder and gave it loving nuzzle as the King entered the room dressed in full battle armour. This didn't surprise Silver at all.
"I was surprised when you sent my envoy back alive." He began.
Silver cocked her head to one side as she took a seat, "Well, unlike you, Viking King, I do not kill those with such a purpose. The messenger is not at fault for the message they carry, so they are innocent of its content."
"I see." The King said as he sat on his makeshift throne. "Wine?"
Silver looked at the goblet on the long table between them and smirked. She got out of her seat and swayed up the table to him. She took his wine and drank it. "Thank you." She said before putting the cup back down once more. "I see you've made good use of our honey. Perhaps if you insist on staying any longer, I might introduce you to mead."
This angered the King, but he tried not to let it show. "You think I would poison your cup, Ban-Dia Laoch?" He made it sound as much an insult as he could. "You take me for a coward."
Silver laughed and shook her head, "I don't think it, Viking King." She chortled, "I know you would. I have embarrassed you, brought your thousands to their knees, taken your own father's head as a trophy and destroyed your armada. I would think anyone would use poison by that point."
"I could have your head for that." The boy King snapped, "How dare you call me such!"
Silver turned her head to look at him as she plucked a small plum from the platter, "I would never dare call you a coward, Viking King." She smiled then, "Desperate most certainly, but never a coward. A true coward would have kept himself at a great distance from me. But not you. You would face me yourself."
"You would compare me to a Roman then?" He asked.
Silver laughed and shook her head, "By the Great Mother, absolutely not!" She laughed, "Romans are cowards, hiding behind their great wall, fucking their gold and sucking their Gods' cocks for favour. No, you are nothing like them, I assure you. But I did find it rather an insult you would think them the worthy rivals and my people mere insects."
The King laughed openly, "I have already taken the entire North of your pitiful island and soon, I will rule it all." he leaned forward on his throne, glaring at Silver, "And no little girl dressed in wolf's clothing will change that." Just then, Silver's young messenger entered the room and whispered something to her. It made her smile.

Dropping the plum stone on the table, Silver licked her lips. "Allow me to enlighten you a little, young King." She said smoothly, "The North you speak of is not my island and the people you now rule over there are not my people. What concerns me is what lies between the great rivers, of which the roman's wall sits right in the middle. My forebears were keeping the romans at bay long before I was born and it won't be much longer before they realise whom is the true threat to them. As a matter of point, young King, my messenger has just informed me that such a Roman contingent has arrived under the promise of peace to my encampment in the forest." She could see this infuriated the king immensely and so she dug it in a little further. Silver may be regarded as a Goddess Warrior, but she was still human and certainly not above telling lies. "It would seem the Romans understand they cannot defend against you without my help and so have sent their best Commander to herald a truce." She sat back in the chair and crossed her legs. "Not bad for a little girl in wolf's clothing." She grinned down the table at him.
"You lie." The king growled.
Silver shook her head, "Ask the boy yourself, if you wish." She said, waving her messenger forward.
"Is this true?" The king asked the boy, "A Roman Commander has arrived at your camp?"
Silver grinned darkly, knowing the boy needn't lie then, for the King had asked the perfect question. "Aye, Sir." He said, "Arrived a few hours back with a Dire Wolf as company."
Silver cocked her head to one side and smiled at the King, "Now, how many more of your warriors do you wish to lose to a little girl in wolf's clothing? Take your time, I'm not going anywhere." And with that, she got to her feet and left the house without so much as a thank you for the wine and food.

At the camp, Tryton was received as a friend and the Dire Wolf with him was given care and food and housing with the rest of the Dire Wolf. The newcomer was made welcome with them. Tryton was given a comfortable tent and was invited to break bread with the Elders while Silver was away. He was told what had transpired over the last days and then asked many questions about the Dire Wolf that had come with him..
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:27 am

Tryton entered the fort and was warmly greeted.  All seemed to be amazed that he was accompanied by a Dire Wolf.  None had been sent to fetch him and it seemed that they were all accounted for.  That meant his new friend was apart of a different pack.  That was quite alright with Tryton.  He was asked about the Dire Wolf, where he had found him, and how he had come to be alive and not eaten by it.  When he told them that Gaia had guided him to the wounded beast, their eyes widened and jaws dropped.  The story of Silver's and his first meeting was well known by her people.  Only Silver seemed to hear the words Gaia sent on the winds  Now she seemed to favor Tryton as well and speak to him.  For the Celts that meant he was favored by her.  Silver was a chosen one by Gaia, and now it seemed Tryton was also.  

He was received with a lot more friendly smiles and was even invited by the elders to break bread with them.  That was something that even took Tryton by surprise.  When he was told that Silver had went to the Vikingar's fortified town, he became worried.  The Young Vikingar King had just lost his first major battle with her and he would not be happy.  He did not know how honorable these people were, since he had only faced a few in battle and not had a chance to actually talk to them.  But for one to lose so many men and made to look a fool, that would make him dangerous and unpredictable. One never went to the other's enemy camp for talks. Neutral territory was useually selected so one or the other didn't have the advantage. Walking into the enemy camp could have been a big mistake on her part.

Hoping that Silver would come to her senses and ask him for help training her men, he had already set his men at work building siege equipment that could be transported and put together when and if an attack was made on the Vikingar stronghold.  Among the other equipment that had been brought had also been four ballistas and two small catapults.  These had been assemebled and placed in his own encampment.  He was willing to teach her people how to make and assemble such weapons as well. But if indeed what he was thinking was going to happen, another way would have to be found.

At the Vikingar encampment as Silver left the Young Kings dwelling she was meet by a hundred men with heavy cross bows pointed at her.  Her escort had already been taken prisoner in a simalar fashion.  Those that had tried to fight back were beaten unconscious, and lay there among the others.  From behind her and well protected by his own guards. the Young King laughed.  "No I would not poison your drink, but to let you go when you are here and your army is a long way off, now that is something entirely different."  again he laughed.  His guards were two deep and ten abreast, all armored and with shields and swords at the ready.  His father had been a fool to allow her to leave and to not have any to keep her from him.  He knew she was dangerous, especially with the claws she wore. "Oh don't look so surprised. You came her on your own. I did not invite you nor did I gurentee your safety or safe passage out of my stronghold."

"Your so called goddess may have chosen you to lead your people, but you are no goddess and only human.  So you can bleed and you can die.  Die now and your people will see your death as an omen and scatter to the four winds.  Live now and order your people to surrender and become part of the Vikengar empire and they will live.  Can you avoid a hundred arrows?"  he continued to laugh.  "Remove those claws and throw them on the ground!"

(Grin.  Rescue Time.  Tryton to the rescue?  Make the King look even more incompetent.  Ah but no killing the young king now.  got to keep the little war going.)

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Silver stopped and looked around at the hundred crossbows aimed at her and she cocked her head to one side. "All this for me?" She asked in defiance as the King emerged behind his men and taunted her. Yes, she could bleed and therefore, she could die. She made no secret of it, but the King clearly didn't see things the same way as she did, and her people. Slowly, she turned her back to the hundred men and faced the King directly.

"You think by ending my life that my people will scatter." She said, "How very Viking of you." She then laughed quietly and shook, her head, "I make no secret that I can bleed and die with my people. You see, I make no claim to be a Goddess and in our native tongue, we have no plural or ownership for such a name. You call me Goddess Warrior, Ban-Dia Laoch. I am no Goddess, I am but her warrior and I can die the same as any of my people. But to get back on point, young King." She turned her head to her guard with her and nodded to them. "What would you do if I were to be slain this night?" She asked them. "Would you run away into the forest in fear?"
Each one of them shook their heads before one lifted his chin higher, "I would see every camp and building and ship burn in revenge." He said, "And I would call to me every warrior I can to help me. You would see our vengeance through Gaia's eyes herself!" The others with him whooped and cheered in agreement.
Silver turned her head back to the young King. "And there is your answer, Viking King." She said, "My death would only serve to unite my people further." She moved closer to the young King then, causing his men to tighten around him to protect him. "As I remember it, your father said much the same to me, though with much more tact I might say, but you saw the outcome of that tryst. He did however see one thing you do not. He saw the value of my life to the people of this land and the value of theirs to me. Had he not insulted me so, he would have kept his head. As you may have done. Yes, it would cost me my life in trying and the chances look favourable on you to survive such an attack, but keep your mind on this, young King. I have already taken ten thousand of your best warriors with a mere few hundred of mine, I destroyed your only other landing point this side of the wall and I have embarrassed you to the point you feel the need to present me with a hundred bowmen just to recover your pride. And you seem to think I wouldn't have a second plan? Though you may not see them, there are three hundred more in that treeline. They see me fall, they burn your entire settlement from above." Now this last part, she was bluffing, but she did have a scout up there watching over things and she had no doubt he would now be passing the message back to the camp of her predicament. And right on cue...

As the camp was tucking into a roasted boar, the scout's runner came charging into the camp and went straight to the Elders' tent. "He got her!" He called, "He took her prisoner!" The Elders dropped their bread and meat and one instantly got to his feet.
"Send for the archers!" He demanded, "Line them up along the treeline!"
A second turned to Tryton, "Well, you claim to offer help." He said, "Now you can prove it. If the Ban-Dia Laoch dies this night, we need to unite and destroy them all.".......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:19 pm

The young King laughed and motioned to some more men. They threw ropes around her from many directions to bind her arms to her sides so she could not use her claws. Once the ropes were about her and the men pulling them tight and keeping them taunt he approached her laughing. "You and your escort are my prisoners. They may die for you but are you willing for them to die, to have their throats cut as you watch?" He had a feeling that she would not want to see them die like that and needlessly."

He grabbed one of her wrists and cut the bracer with the claws from it and then the other. "Take her and the others inside and lock them up. Prepare an envoy. They will surrender or she will die." he commanded and the others were dragged inside and he smiled at Silver.

When the runner came in and spat out what had happened, Tryton knew his fears had become reality. He also knew that her people would try to attack the Vikingar's encampment. That would be a slaughter. They had no way to breach the palasade and would be cut down before they could make it over. "Do not send your men. That is exactly what they want. You had the advantage of the forest in your last fight with them. But you would be going up against their strong hold this time."

It would take a well disciplined army to breach the strong hold's defences and get into the inner part. But she would be long dead before that happened. No, a full out attack would not work and get her out alive. "Give me five of your best men that can swim." he told them. "I will get her out and then if she is willing to accept my offer of training your people, I will begin to and then you will be able to take and destroy their forces in the stronghold."

The sun had set and the moon was covered by clouds, as Trylong and the five Celts moved into the water, some distance from the strong hold. He had stripped off his armor and had on but a tunic, and his sword belt, scabbard and sword. The Celts had even less on. The water was cold but not unbearable. They walked out as far as they could and then began swimming towards the encampment. They were prepared for a frontal attack on the encampment and had ships manned and prepared to engage any ships coming in. But they were not prepared for a small group of men swimming past the ships and onto the beach beyond the palasade.

Coming from that direction they had also been able to get closer to the ship that had been brought ashore and made into the King's House. That is where he was sure Silver would be, along with her escort. There were few guards on the beach and they were easily avoided as they were looking out for ships, not people coming from the water. "No unnecessary killing." he told the five men. "We do not want to bring unwanted attention to us. We are here to get Silver and the others and that is it. Later you will have your chance to kill as many of them as you can." he smiled and made for the Ship House.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Silver remained still and silent as she felt ropes thrown around her and bound to her. Did she wish to watch her warriors die in front of her, of course not, but she knew they would be willing to die if asked directly. As she was led away, she smiled to the young King and nodded to him, "Well played, young Viking." She said with genuine respect, "Let us see what happens by morning." She was then led away and put into a back room of the King's own house. She figured he would want to keep her closer than any of the others, for it was her that was of value after all. However, she fully expected his little town to be burning within the next few hours and though she knew she would probably die for it, she would enjoy those brief moments of watching it all burn before her head left her shoulders. But it didn't happen.

Bound and chained to the wall and her neck in a collar of iron that was chained to the upturned keep of the ship, Silver waited and waited for the burning to start, but it never happened. Instead, the night came with cheers from the Viking army. She could hear them celebrating her capture and the young King was being praised and heralded as the greatest king yet. Silver wondered what the hell was going on. Had her scout been caught? Had his runner been killed? Had they both perished entirely? Despite this, Silver felt a small touch of hope in her soul, telling her that it would be alright and she would see her pack again very soon.

The five warriors with Tryton nodded in agreement and started making their way through the camp towards where they believed Silver's guard was being held. Tryton was left to reclaim Silver alone. If he truly wished to help them, he would do this without hesitation and bring her back to them alive and intact. In silence, her guard was released and they slipped out of the camp again without being seen or heard. Besides, their guards were quite ably getting drunk in celebration. Only those guarding Silver were on alert as ordered by their king. They made sure she was stripped of everything and anything she could use to escape including all her clothing, though she figured that was more for their pleasure than safety. They made sure she could not interfere as they touched her, but they did not take their pleasures yet. That assault rightfully belonged to their king and he would take it when dawn came. After that, she would be fair game to the rest of the soldiers and the ones guarding her were truly looking forward to that. For now though, they simply stared at her and spat at her as they used her father's pelt to wipe their asses with in insult.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:14 pm

As the five Celts set off to free the others, Tryton was left alone to attempt to rescue Silver. As he moved around the ship house he noted the celebration going on. The young king himself was there among his men drinking and eating, singing and making merry. Tryton smiled. That would all change when they found their valuable prisoner gone. The ship sat on wooden logs that had been cut out in the centers to the shape of the Keel of the ship. The mast had been removed along with the sail. A portion of the side of the ship facing the camp had been cut away to form a door and guards stood before it. But there was other ways below.

Tryton managed to climb aboard the ship and make his way to one of the covered openings that lead below. Silently as he could he removed it and lowered himself down into the ship. He heard voices and they were laughing and sounded like taunts. "Keep talking." he whispered to himself. The interior of the ship had been made into seperate rooms by building walls with cut trees that had been trimmed and split. It was not long before the light of candles lit up an area and he saw two guards looking at the naked form of silver. He himself drank in how she had filled out and grinned.

One of the vikings said something and made his way towards where Tryton was. Tryton moved back into the shadows and let the man pass and followed him. It was not long before the man stopped by a wooden bucket and began to relieve himself. He never finished. Tryton moved up behind him and quickly covered his mouth and ran his sword through the mans back. He eased him to the floor and then went back to the room Silver was in.

A couple minutes later the man looked in the direction that his partner had gone and called out his name. When he got no answer he moved to the opening to the room Tryton was in and he to felt the bade of Tryton through his heart. Tryton pushed the man back and he fell backwards onto his back and now Tryton stood in the opening looking at Silver, his blood sword in hand. He looked again on Silver and gave a slight smile, be fore he searched the body of the viking and took the keys from him. Unlocking her from the chains he shook his head but said nothing, but "Follow me." He lead her back the way he had come and past the other body. Back up on the deck of the ship he peered over the side and saw the five Celts waiting in the water.

"To the water and we swim out and around. Horses will be waiting down the shore line." he told Silver.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Silver looked up as the first one left to relieve himself. She smiled some at the shadows nearby, but said nothing. Something told her those shadows were dangerous to the guards and it wasn't long before her suspicion was correct. The only downside to it, she felt she knew who was in those shadows and he took his sweet time in getting to her. That annoyed her. A few minutes after the first left, the second started calling him, thinking him sneaking a flagon of wine or something behind his friend's back. He would soon learn the truth, she thought. Then he left and she watched with a smile as a red blade appeared just left of his spine. And then Tryton appeared from the shadows and looked at her openly. Were it not for her knowledge of men, she wouldn't have thought much on it.

After searching the dead guard for the keys, Silver was released from her bonds and she rose to her feet as he shook his head. "Laugh all you want, Roman." She said, "And stare all you want too, it really doesn't mean a thing to me." And she walked from the room with her head high, her father's pelt in her arms and her claws hanging from her free hand.

Once outside on the deck, Silver looked over, spotting the guards too as they laughed and drank themselves stupid. Oh, how they would feel their King's wrath the next morning when they realised their precious hostage had disappeared. But she would be back, no doubt of that. Looking the other way, she spotted some of her own waiting in the water and smiled to them. They smiled back and held out an arm each to catch her so she didn't splash into the water too loudly. However, she threw the pelt down to them instead before she put her bracers between her teeth and dropped over the edge. Horses would be waiting for them on the other side of the bay. That was fine with her.

The water was cold, but not intolerable, but it did make her skin pimple up some after a while. She swam easily through the water, dragging the pelt behind her. It would take days, if not a week for it to dry out again, but she didn't mind, so long as she had it with her. Her warriors with her didn't pay attention to her nakedness, it wasn't something they often thought about, but they could all see Tryton looking. That too didn't bother them. It would only bother them if he decided to take it further than simple staring....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:51 pm

Tryton dropped over the side of the ship and made it to the water with out being seen. Silver had already dropped and before long the seven of them were swimming along the coastline till Tryton swam towards shore and emerged to where the young boy who had first came to him as a messenger waited with the horses. His eyes were wide with wonder and excitement as Tryton came forward and he saw one after the other the other men came out of the water and was followed by Silver. "I knew he would do it." the boy said to Silver. "He said he would bring you back and he did."

Tryton mounted up on his horse and lifted the boy up behind him. A horse was brought for Silver. One of the men brought it forward to her. "Your people wanted to attack the strong hold." Tryton told Silver. "But that would have been their slaughter and your death. I thought this would be a better way. I still reccomend you let me train them. I already have five of my men training two villages to the south. They want to be the best for you and kill your enemies." he told her and put his heels to his horses flanks.

Their return to her fort and warriors were received with cheers and a mad rush to surround Silver and make sure nothing happened to her. He could only smile and chuckle. He helped the boy off his horse before dismounting. The elders came forward and gave him a respectful nod as them went to greet Silver.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Silver stepped from the water and looked around for any others. It was just the messenger boy waiting for them and she gave him a warm smile as she pulled a blanket from one of the horses to put around her. The water had made her colder than she wanted and it showed. So the boy had faith Tryton would succeed and he had done. Silver dipped down a little and touched the boy's nose with her forefinger. "No doubt he has proven his worth." She said to him in genuine respect. She then mounted her horse and laid her father's pelt over the back behind her.

As she settled into the back of the horse, she heard Tryton comment on the planned attack from her people and she looked at him squarely. "And they would have." She said back to him, "But assumption is your downfall, Tryton." She used his name for the first time and it slid from her lips like silk. "They would not have led an open attack. I had given them orders to burn the settlement if I was to be captured. A hundred archers from the treeline and rain fire on them. Certainly, it would have cost me my life, but that is something I am willing to do, as are any of the warriors at my side. I am truly grateful that you've come to save me and everything, but please, leave your assumptions in your mind." And with that, she took off into the forest.

Once back at the camp, Silver was surrounded by folk welcoming her back and she greeted them as she would her family. "No, I am not hurt." She said to their questions, "Yes, Tryton has proved himself a worthy and skilled warrior. I will be forever in his debt for returning me to my people." She said it all with the deepest respect for Tryton and his efforts and for that, everyone in the camp was eager to thank him and welcome him into the fold as one of them.

Later that night, the Elders had gathered back in the main tent and Tryton was welcomed with them as an equal once more. "We have decided to accept your offer, Commander." One said as Silver watched on from her corner with a smile. "What you have done tonight has proven to us your intention and loyalty to our cause. We welcome you and your bloodline back to the land and to the people." He was celebrated over a toast of mead and fresh bread cooked just for that occasion. Silver remained in her corner quiet and grateful and drank her mead and ate her bread as she dried and warmed under her blanket. She would join her Dire Wolf kin later and have a good grooming session to restore her fully, but for now, she was happy to watch Tryton enjoy his acceptance and gratitude from her quiet corner.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:01 pm

He nodded when they said they had accepted his offer of training them. Sending his men to train the two villages had already set the stage for him and his men for cutting their ties to the Romans at the Wall. In doing so he knew that once it was learned of what he was doing, he would be branded a tratior and could never return to the other side of the wall. He had made his choice as he grandfather had said he had to. He would use his knowledge to help the people fight the Vikings and protect themselves later from even the Romans.

He was made welcome and the food and drink flowed. He noted how Silver sat in a corner watching. He enjoyed the the time eating and drinking with the elders. Outside the people also celebrated but not as much as the vikings had been. Oh how he wished to see the young kings face when he found out his prized captive was gone.

The flap of the tent pushed in and the great bulk of the Dire Wolf pushed through it and the beast came up to Tryton and nuzzled him. Tryton smiled and placed a hand on the massive head. "Yes my friend, I am back safely, with the Warrior Goddess." he pointed over to silver. The great beast looked over at her cocking his head before he slowly moved towards her sniffing the air.

That was when an old woman rose from the others. She leaned heavily on her staff of narrled wood. "The proficy of the Ban-Dia-Loach has come to be and it seems yet another has come to pass as well." She looked at Tryton. "A Great Warrior from line of old will come in a time of need. Dire Wolf his companion to mark his way."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:18 pm

Silver remained in her corner in silence and watching everything. Tryton was being accepted fully into their lives, but she did have to wonder just what his true motives were. Surely word would reach his precious wall soon of what he had done and he would be branded a traitor, would he not? That bothered her some, though she couldn't understand quite why. Other Romans had seen the light so to speak and taken their Briton heritage to heart, but this one seemed so odd with it. Simply put, she just couldn't figure him out.

After a while, the tent flap opened and a huge male Dire Wolf entered. Silver knew immediately by his smell and his markings that he did not belong to her pack and she cocked her head to one side with curiosity. The wolf went to Tryton first and embraced him as family before he moved across the room to her and sniffed at her. In returned, Silver sniffed at him and finally moved from her corner. Across the room, the elders laughed some, but fell silent once more as the old seer made her comments. Indeed, the prophecy was coming to pass in full and with that, another regarding Tryton himself.

Once the old woman had retired for the night, one of the elders came to Tryton and slapped him on the shoulder, "You may be half Briton, Commander, but you still have yet to grasp our language entirely. Here, let me show you." He sat down again with his mead as Silver and the Dire Wolf introduced each other in some play and some grooming to become friends. "Silver is not a Warrior Goddess, but the Goddess' warrior. There is no title for the word Ban-Dia and no plural for it like the Romans have. That name means merely that Silver is Gaia's warrior, the Great Mother's weapon. She is no more and no less human than you or I." He then looked over to find Silver spread out some across the blanket with the Dire Wolf licking up her side and shoulder. "Well, apart from that.." He said with some mirth and then laughed again as the pair seemed to swap over and Silver began dragging her nails through the Dire Wolf's fur before chatting on it with her teeth. That made the elder shudder some. "Definitely apart from that.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Tryton raised a brow at the old woman's prophisy. Great Warrior, of old line. Well indeed he was from an old line of Celtic family. But he was no great warrior, just a simple soldier. But he was not one to start arguing the matter. If they wanted to believe such a thing, then so be it. He had now turned his back on the only life he had ever known, to help what was once his enemy.

One of the elders began explaining some things to him and he listened closely. So Silver was considered Gaia's warrior. One that would fight for Gaia and lead her people in war. Well Gaia had showed her hand a couple times it seemed and Tryton had to admit that there was something out there that was not explainable. He laughed at what the old man said about Silver being human, apart from being like the Dire Wolves. Oh that was definately true. It seemed his new friend had made friends with Silver.

"Oh yes, quite differnt." he chuckled. When Tryton rose from his seat, the Dire wolf sat up and looked at him. "Well my friend I see you have made another friend here with Silver. I think you know now she knows the ways of your kind." he chuckled again. The huge beast moved to Tryton and moved around him to sit at his right and look at Silver. "I think I am going to have to help him find his Pack. I am sure he has a mate somewhere and probably a brode of little ones that are all missing him." he told Silver.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:01 pm

The old man looked at Tryton and laughed some at the way he looked at Silver and the way she acted. "But different is something you like, I fathom." He said and then left it at that as Tryton rose and the Dire Wolf came to him, leaving Silver mid chatter so to speak. "And that is my cue to retire." The old man said and made his retreat. "Have fun, you two."

Silver righted herself again and pulled her hair back from her face from where the wolf had been licking it and she smiled, "He's not paired yet." She said, "I can't smell it on him. Once a Dire Wolf takes his mate, he takes her smell to him also and it stays in his fur all his life. He doesn't have that yet, so he's a rogue. Where did you find him, if I might ask? I know there was another pack further south from here, but I saw Vikingar wearing the pelts of Dire Wolf in the fishing town. Perhaps his pack was murdered by them and he escaped." She moved forward on her quarters and nuzzled up to the large male in friendship. "And if so, he'll be looking for a new pack and new standing. He's more than welcome in my own family if that's the case."

After another moment or so nuzzling with the Dire Wolf, Silver stood upright again and it put her within reach of Tryton. "And no doubt there would be several females that would vie for his attention." She said with a grin, "My sister in fact is coming into season soon. She'll be all over him like a rash given half a chance." She laughed then and made to move away......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:14 pm

It was quite possible that the Dire Wolf's pack had been killed,or at least most of them. "It seems Gaia guided me to him. He was wounded." he touched the spot where here had removed the crossbow bolt from. "I was able to remove the bolt and stitch him up. I stayed with him as he recovered from his wound. He is now my friend."

When she told him about her pack and of her "sister" that would more then likely want him as a mate, he had the chuckle. "Well that would be good for him I think." As she turned to move away, Tryton reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder and turned her back to him. "And what of you?" he asked her. He looked into her eyes. Much had changed since that time two years before. She was a beautiful young woman, one that any man would surely want. Or were those about her to afraid to seek her attention. That thought made him smile.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Silver smiled and nodded in understanding over their meeting and looked at the large wolf with respect and love. "It shows in the bond you share." She said, "A loyal and protective brother for the rest of your life. That is what a pack is." She then chuckled as he did about her sister wanting the wolf and she nodded in agreement, "Indeed, it would be a good thing. The pack is ready for some new bloodlines." He then reached out and stopped her moving away from him.

Her eyes flashing to his hand on her arm, she was about to demand he remove his touch, but he asked about her and she looked up at him. "What about me?" She asked back quickly as she looked him in the eye and then back again at his hand on her arm....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Tryton only smiled as she looked at his hand on her arm and the flash of anger in her eyes. But that seemed to fade when his queston sunk in. "Well you are after all a full grown woman, and the leader of the Pack so to speak. I would imagine that there would at least be one brave soul out there that would want to gain your attention. Even though you might be Gaia's warrior, you are still human and surely the men here have noticed that."

He looked deeper into her eyes as he stood over her. She was close and even the feel of her skin on his had made his heart beat faster. The Dire wolf snorted and almost grinned or so it looked and made his way from the tent. He knew when to leave and leave the two of them alone.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Silver lifted an eyebrow at Tryton and then snorted with laughter before she carefully and gently removed his hand from her skin. "I am Alpha yes, I am a mature woman yes, but if there is one out there for me, he has yet to make his presence known." She said in answer, "And to answer your next question, it is no. The men here do not notice me. They don't see me that way and they never will. I may be female, but my purpose is clear. I am a weapon, a warrior for the Great Mother. How could I fulfil my purpose if I went into a raging battle with a belly full of pups, answer me that. It would be as much use as my blood mother was the night she brought me into this world. Maybe when this war is done, there might be something else, but until then, I have my purpose and I intend to see it through." At this point, she realised the wolf had left them alone and she shook her head. "And even my own kin conspire against me." She sighed.

Turning back to Tryton, "You may as well say it, Commander." She said in some defeat, "Say out loud what your heart and cock are dying for you to say. You do not see me as they do, I've noticed that, noticed it the very first day I met you. You don't see a weapon of a warrior. You see a woman of what you call beauty, yes?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Tryton smiled. Oh he didn't look upon her as just some great warrior of the goddess. He saw her as a woman and a beauty at that. "Well I guess you already know what I am thinking, and any man in their right mind would be thinking." he told her. "Oh they may look upon you as some sacred warrior sent by the goddess, but I am sure they see the woman as well and all wish they had a chance to claim you as theirs. But the whole chosen thing has them running scared. But that does not bother me."

She was right about one thing, she couldn't be leading them in to battle with a child growing within her. But that could be for stalled with the right herbs and such. A female wolf was most dangerous protecting her pups even when she was pregnant. "You have no intrest in being with a man?" he asked her. "To know the pleasures and intamincy?" He reached out and brought a hand up to her face. "One does not have to have a belly full of pups or one." he smiled, "There are ways to prevent that untill a time it is wanted."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:02 am

"That is exactly how they see me." Silver sounded back, "And that is exactly how it should be. Maybe when this war is over, I can go back to my pack and take a mate, but until then, I am what I was made to be. My people understand that and so they have no notion to see me otherwise. Perhaps if you were to see like they do, you would not distract me from the task set down by the Goddess." She made to move away, but he continued to speak and she stopped.

Turning back to face him, Silver lifted an eyebrow. "As I have already said, Tryton." She told him, "When this war is over, perhaps then I will consider it and you would honestly expect me to go against what the Great Mother has set down for me?" She lifted her chin in defiance. "And then insult her further by stopping her creation?" She was angry now at his insinuation on the matter. "How dare you." She didn't raise her voice, but it was clear in her tone that he had just insulted her and her beliefs....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:33 am

Oh how she seemed not to comprehend what he had said. An insult to her and Gaia? Far from it. Great leaders in the past had more then battle on their minds and souls. The Roman Emperor Ceasar and later Mark Anthony had taken the Egyptain Queen Cleopatra as their own and had fought together. There were other instances in history, but Silver would not know of them. But he did. He was schooled by the Romans and the history of the Empire and before that.

As for keeping her from becoming pregnant, even her own people had the proper herbs and things to do just that. It was not something that was against their laws or beliefs. As for stopping Gaia's creation......If she did not want such a thing to be she would not have allowed her people to have the knowledge of such things.

"I think it is you that insult Gaia." he told her as he turned to leave. "From the first day we met, she has shown you something and you have turned your back on it. Look at the signs she has given you and think hard on them. That is if you can. Your head is filled with you being the great and powerful warrior of the prophisey. As for stooping her creation......Would she give your people the means to do so if she did not think it was nessasary at times. Even then if she wills it, nothing will prevent it. You have much to learn Silver. More then just waging war." he then walked out of the tent to the one that had been given over to him and his dire wolf.

"Females are hard to understand and deal with at times. I hope you don't have that problem when you go looking." he told his dire wolf as he scratched the big creature behind the ears. The Dire Wolf looked up at him and snorted, and he chuckled.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:49 am

Silver lifted her brow right up when he not only continued to insult her, but then make it perfectly clear how much better he was than she. If he so badly wanted her graces, he was going about it in the worst possible way. Silver was born to battle, born to the blade's edge and it was all she had known her entire life. Whether or not the Great Mother would have her be something else later on, that was up to her, but for now, for this war, for the Vikingar that threatened to wipe out her people and ravage her land, Silver had to be what she had to be. She had no doubt Tryton would be more than proud and eager to tell her tales of others that had done different and how it was so much better than what she did and how much better they lived and how much smarter and all that, but this wasn't his world. He was still born but a Roman to her and to many and that culture had dominated his entire life. Sure, his mother was a Briton, born of this land and this blood, but Tryon still knew very little of it save for the few titbits his grandfather would have told him. Oh yes, she knew all about that.

Perhaps she did have much more to learn about life and people outside those she had shed blood with and she knew that more than she would admit to, but pride stopped her giving him the satisfaction of admitting he was right she was wrong. Such a petty thing really, but she had to draw the line somewhere. Yes, Tryton most certainly had much to put in and much to teach her people, but she wasn't prepared to do that at the expense of her own respect and knowledge. The way he spoke to her, the way he treated her, it was like he saw only a meek little woman that knew nothing and needed guidance and teaching. At worst, a tempestuous child that he just had to reign in and educate and discipline to his ways. That was not Silver and it never would be. For that, she hated Tryton.

After much time spent on these thoughts, Silver made her way to her own tent and settled down for the night. But sleep would not come that night. She spent it watching the moon make her way across the skies and the stars turn in their magical way. All she could do was think on how Tryon had spoken to her and the dismissive way he treated her thoughts and knowledge. He was all she could think about and it seriously pissed her off....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:58 am

Tryton entered his tent and laid down on his blankets. It had been troubling him, the way it seemed Gaia had been manipulating him. From the day that he first met Silver it seemed he was trying to throw the two together. Why? Evidently Silver had not saw that yet. She only saw what the old tales had said she was to be. He saw her potential and that she indeed was strong and able to handle herself. But she was still untrained in the way of the warfare of the Romans or Vikingar. She had only the training of how her people fought and it may have been good fro tribal warfare where that was all they knew. But against those with more advanced warfare, he had his doubts. She was also impulsive and quick to condem.

He would train her people and leave her to herself. If she wished to participate she could and learn, but she was done trying to talk to her. In the morning he would send for his men and have them abandon their camp and bring all to the fortress Silver had built. They would begin training her forces and try to get them ready to fight. Normal training took a long time, but they didn't have that. They had to get them ready for battle as quickly as possible.

The mood shifted forming the face of a woman. The face did not look as if it was pleased. It then went back to normal. Then the wind picked up and blew through the trees making an strange sound.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next