The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Alternative Truth (extreme violence and graphic sexual scenes included)

2 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Alternative Truth (extreme violence and graphic sexual scenes included) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Alternative Truth (extreme violence and graphic sexual scenes included)

Post by questor Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:45 pm

"Why the hell are you following me for?" I yelled over at her over the noise of the engines. I put the chooper up to its max speed and saw the lights far behind. Why the hell did she come after me for. It was surely not to take me in or kill me, well almost kill me. Damn she hit hard, and I had been hit by some really strong lycans and vampires. She was up there, not as bad as they were but she was damn close.

He had thought they had parted ways back at the motel, but here she was riding at my side. Why not just take off and go a different direction, they had passed a couple other roads that would have lead her away from the cops and probably to some place she could hide her self.

"What do you mean your not done with me and I am not done with you?" What the hell did the crazy hunter have in her head. I had a feeling I was not going to like the answer.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

The Alternative Truth (extreme violence and graphic sexual scenes included) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Alternative Truth (extreme violence and graphic sexual scenes included)

Post by LadyRaven Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:53 pm

I didn't like the answer I had to give, but if it knocked him down a few pegs and made him actually think for a minute about what he'd done, then it was worth the risk. "Because I'm stuck with you, you arse!" I yelled back. Checking my mirrors, I saw the lights beginning to fade into the distance. I knew the police wouldn't give up yet and it wouldn't be long before they had Oscar flying overhead. Shaking my head briefly, I spotted a side road that led into the forest and I looked back to Quinn. "Next right!" I called and then made the signal for a helicopter. "They'll send Oscar out! We need cover to talk!" If he didn't listen to me this time, I knew I'd be in trouble with the Cardinal. I still had so many questions for the old man and I wouldn't put it past myself to lamp the dress wearing twat when I got home again. For now though, I had to work things out and at least try and hold a civilised conversation with Quinn. I wasn't looking forward to that.

As predicted, I saw something in the sky about ten miles from us and pointed to the flying dot. "Oscar!" I yelled and turned the bike into the side road. I was instantly covered by trees, but I wasn't risking the bird turning and finding me, so head for deeper cover before slowing the bike to a stop. And when I did stop, oh how I wish I hadn't! My stomach and head ached like hell on earth and I felt awful....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:27 pm

I understood what she meant and he also knew it would not be long before a police helicopter would be flying over head and keeping an eye on them. He took the right and followed her and went in deeper before slowing down. They had to get off road somewhere, that the Bear in the Air would not be able to spot them. On the road it would be easy to. He saw a dirt path leading into the woods and came to a sudden stop and pointed to it. It wove between the trees and gave good over head cover.

I looked over at her and shook his head as I pulled up beside her. Already his black and blue marks were begining to fade and the pain as well. Her's would not be healing up for a while. Once under the cover of the trees, I again asked her, "Now what the hell are you doing now? Why are you stuck with me?" I demanded.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:42 pm

I waited for a moment to collect my thoughts and then I got off the bike and stretched as best as my injuries would allow. I couldn't afford to let him see me weakened like this. I looked up then and saw the police helicopter fly over through the trees. We were well covered now and I let myself relax some. I gave him a cursory glare at how fast he was healing and vowed to make it last longer the next time. "First." I said as I cracked my neck a little, "I'm taking a breather. And then, when Oscar has got bored and flown off somewhere else, I intend to deeper into the forest and find somewhere to lay low for the rest of the day. Thirdly, I then intend on finding something to eat seeing as those fuckers at the motel and your continuous interference with me robbed me of a lunch break. Then, if I'm really lucky, I might be able to get a signal and call the Cardinal to find out why the fuck my orders have been changed to include you." I then pointed at him with a bruised hand, "Which then leads me onto you in fact and why the hell I've been ordered to shadow you. Now, perhaps if you can enlighten this lowly human, that would make this a fuck lot easier. Otherwise, you're just gonna have to wait your turn like the rest of us lowly cattle, ok?"

Turning back to my bike, I dropped my jacket off and growled in pain again before I lifted my tee to inspect the damage done. As I suspected, he'd turned any muscle there into little more than mush and I'd be aching for days, if not a week or two. Pulling my tee down again, I checked my knuckles and hands. Once again, they were badly bruised and I could see the split skin from the fight-bite. I sucked on the wound to pull out anything that could be nasty and then wiped it down a clean piece of my shirt.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:00 pm

I listened to he spit it out to the best of her ability.  When she was done he laughed, but it was not a merry type laugh.  It was more of one when someone finds out something that just does not make sense.  "Work with me?  Oh HELL NO!"  I tell her.  "I work alone and I sure don't work with no hollier then thou hunter that is trigger happy and wants to kill anything that is not human. Those that hire me will not take have one your kind hanging around me. So Hell No. Besides I'm on your wanted list, remember."

Oh who the hell was giving these orders.  There were ones he didn't have to follow.  He didn't belong to the fucking Order she did, so she was just out of luck.  "You go ahead and find your safe haven.  I need to get to my next job before all hell breaks lose and alot of people die.  Yeah that's right I care about humans as much as I do about the others that just want to live in peace."

But my stomach was growing as well. I had not eaten anything that morning and it was getting on in the day.  "But I tell you what, I'll spring for lunch, I know a place not to far from here in a small little town.  They make a mean steak and eggs. But that will be it. After that you go your way and I'll go mine."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:40 am

I glared at him yet again and shook my head, "Finally." I said, "Something we can both agree on." I got my phone out and started holding it up for a signal. There was none. "Look, I don't wanna work with you either, so drop the atttitude. At least until I find out what the fuck is going on." He mentioned food and my stomach growled. "How far is this place?".....

"About an hour's ride." I tell her. "I was on my way there via a different route when you forced me to stop." Attitude. She was one to talk. "Well I can say the same back at you as well, yours is not the most congenial of attitudes you know."

I lifted my eyebrow at Quinn, "I was happy to sit back and do my job before you interfered with me." I said flatly, "And I'm not trained to be congenial and polite. I'm trained to do a job, end of. Besides, it only complicates things." I went back to the bike and pulled my jacket back on. It hurt like hell and I finally let it show a little. To help support the bruised muscle a little better, I tightened the thongs at the sides, pulling the jacket much tighter than usual. That would get me to wherever until I could sort it out.....

"You never told me why you are to stick with me. I am on your wanted list, right?" Perhaps that was the reason they wanted her to stick with him. Wait and find a chance to eliminate him. Now he was becoming paranoid. He punched in the address of the little cafa on his GPS and the little device showed him the way. He took the lead and roared on down the path until it came out onto another road and he headed to the little town not far away.

I firmed my jaw and shook my head, "I told you already." I said sharply, "I don't know why. That's what I need to find out. Jeez!" I started the bike up and looked over at him, "Right now, your name has been rescinded, I don't know why or by whom, but i'll find out." I was getting sick of repeating myself and took a deep breath as he roared from the forest onto the road. I began to follow him, but this time, stayed behind him. I was done talking for the moment.....

It was an hour later that the little town came into view. A big smile touched his lips as he saw it. His business kept him in the general area and he loved stopping in for a good meal now and then. The Cafe was just at the edge of the town and he slowed down and pulled into the parking lot. He got off his chopper and streached before moving to the door and opening it. Inside was a clean and neat little cafe with a few tables. None were occupied at the moment. The big rush was at night. As he entered a large woman with greying hair called out, "Quinn!" and came around the counter and gave him a big hug. "Haven't seen you arround here in a ages, love." A man came out of the kitchen a big smile on his face, "Quinn you old dog. How have you been." he shook Quinn's hand. "Been better Ben, been alot better." he held up his hand to stop the questions, "Later, right now I need some of your good cooking, for me and my............. friend." Now that just didn't seem to fit but what else was he going to say. One look at her and Mrs Lilly's eyes went wide. "What happened to you darling." she moved to Mac and ushered her to a booth. "Ben go get the ointment." The man moved quickly to the back of the counter and brought out a jar of what looked to be some home made ointment and gave it to Mrs Lilly. "Now child this will not hurt and hopefully if it is as potent as I know it is, the brusing should go down in a day or two and it will help with the pain." Mean while Ben went back to the kitchen and one could see him preparing food.

I couldn't quite believe the reception I got, but what shocked me most was Quinn calling me a friend. I shook my head as a woman came to me and started fussing over me and a man called Ben rushed to get some ointment. I moved to the booth as she asked me, but I refused the ointment as politely as I could. I didn't know what was in it so I didn't trust it and I certainly didn't trus this old couple! "Thanks, but i'll be fine." I said to her and then looked at Quinn. What had happened to me? Oh, I just had to. "Your friend there happened to me." I said truthfully....

"Use the ointment." I told her, "You can trust Ben and Mrs. Lilly here. She makes it from a plant that only grows around here, it has remarkable healing properties." He had to laugh when she said that I happened to her. "Well yes and no, but she ran into something that was a bit more then she could chew." Now Mrs. Lilly looked at me with a stern look. I shuggend my shoulders and say, "She was the one thinking she could do the pounding." Mrs Lilly shook her head and insistantly began applying the ointment to Mac's face. The pain releif was almost instantanious. "Our line of work has butted heads." I told Mrs. Lilly. "Yes she is a hunter as well." He looked at Mac, "And yes they know all about me." Mrs. Lilly when done with her face, asked her. "Any place else?" with a knowing voice.."

I growled in my throat, but stayed still as Mrs Lilly insisted on covering my cheek with the grease, "I still had you." I snapped, "If it weren't for your freaky blood, you'd be just as fucked up as me." I then looked at Mrs Lilly when she asked anywhere else. I moved my head back from her a little and lifted my eyebrow again. "Nowhere I'm about to put on show." I said with sarcasm....

Again Mrs. Lilly gave Quinn a look that would have sent others running for the hills. "Come with me honey, we will take care of things in private." she took Mac to another door that lead to the living quarters of Ben and Mrs Lilly. Quinn shook his head. He should have known Mrs. Lilly would have taken Mac's side on the matter. Once in the living quarters Mrs. Lilly waited for Mac to show her where else she was injured.

Against my better judgement, I followed Mrs Lilly into the living room and removed my jacket. With the pressure gone, I really hurt then and when I lifted my shirt, it was clear the damage that Quinn had done to me. From my bra to my belt, my flesh was black and swollen. "Got quite a hook in him, that one." I said.....

Oh the look on Mrs. Lilly's face when she saw the brusing. "I am going to have to have a very long toalk with that young man." she said, her voice was not to happy as it had been a bit before. "Now hold still child while i put it on. It will hurt when I put it on but the pain should fade here shortly." Mrs. Lilly applied a liberal amount on the bruising. "Men. I don't know about them at times. Now what is a pretty thing like you doing being a hunter. With you looks and figure, you could be a modle or something. Better and safer then being a hunter."

Any hope of a simple conversation had literally flown away yet again and I stared at the older woman with something very close to sarcasm. "I am not a pretty little flower or sometihng to be shown off for the fancy of others." I said plainly, "And before you start to thinking I'm insulting you, stop and rewind. I am not and never will shallow enough to trade on my looks to get things done. Besides, this is all I've known, so why would I want to compare myself to a model?" I hissed in pain as she began lathering me in the ointment, but once I'd got past the initial touch, I forced the pain away and lifted my arms a little higher. Unfortunately for me it seemed though, it left another wound for discovery. When Quinn had been pummelling me, he'd let one shot go wide and boken a rib. And now, as I lifted my arms, it was sticking out through the skin. "Oh shit!" I said with a groan. "Quinn!"....

"I now love, was just saying. Everyone has the right to live the way they want." When she saw the rib, she said , "Oh my." Then she moved with what seemed to be a very knowledgeable skill. She got the rib back in place and then went to a cupard and opened it to bring out some wrapings. She wrapped the material around her tightly, with a gause pad under neath coated with the ointment. "It will help the rib heal as well. There now that should do it. The pain should be subsiding by now. In a couple of days no one will know that he laid a hand on you." Oh she was a bit angry with Quinn. But she said, "I don't know what all started this, but he is a a good man, so give him a second chance." It was as if Mrs. Lilly thought something was going on between t hem.

I stared at Mrs Lilly as she seemed to move up a gear and before I knew it, she had popped my rib back into place and bandaged it all up. The only pain I felt then was a dull ache from the pounding. I pulled my shirt down again and nodded, "Thanks." I said, but then my eyes went wide, "Woah there, hen!" I said quickly, "There's nothing good about him that I ever want to know about, so you can stop right there. I'm here under orders, that's all and as soon as I find out what I'm supposed to do, I have every intention of getting it done and getting gone, ok?"....

Mrs. Lilly smiled, shugged her shoulders and said nothing but lead her back out to the cafe where she gave me a very hard look. I knew then she was going to be givng me a lecture about women. Ben brought two plates out with stakes, eggs, hash browns, and toast, along with butter and jam. He sat them down on the booth's table. Mrs. Lilly gave him a look and he said, "What? What did I do?" I knew the look and she was going to be in a bad mood with men for a bit. I sat down and waited for Mac to join me.

I could smell the food and oh boy, it smelled good! I eager went to the booth and sat down as the plate landed and I quickly picked up a knife and fork. I had to be careful how quick I ate, I didn't want to throw it all back up when I gave myself cramp. I attacked the steak first and sighed as it hit my mouth. "Oh, that's so good!" I sighed, cutting off another chunk....

I laid into my food with relish. As usual, Ben's cooking was divine. The Stake was tender and jusicy, seasoned to perfection and the rest was just icing on the cake so to speak. Mrs. Lilly brought two large glasses of OJ and two cups of coffee. Mrs. Lilly pulled up a chair and sat there watching. "An Eagle Hunter." she said with a sigh, and shook her head, as she saw the ring on Mac's finger. She closed her eyes and a look on her face seemed to say she was remembering something. I knew what it was but was not about to say anything.

I swallowed the second chunk of steak and grabbed at the glass of juice. I drank it down in one before looking at Mrs Lilly. I heard what she said and noticed she was staring at my rank ensign. "Aye." I said, "I'm an Eagle. Worked bloody hard for it too." She had a look about her that made me suspicious. If the food hadn't been so good, I would have stopped eating.....

Mrs Lilly opened her eyes. "Yes I know child, I know." she reached up and pulled out a chain from under her shirt. On the end of the chain was an exact copy of the one Mac wore. "I had to work even harder. I was the first female Eagle." she told Mac. I knew her story. She had told it to me and a few things about the training and the church hunters. Her name was Lillith Green, the first female hunter of the church to gain the eagle rank. "The training is hard and the competition is even harder. But was it worth it in the end." Mrs Lilly said.

I dropped the silverware and stared at Mrs Lilly with real suspicion now. The first female? There had been women before me that had reached the highest rank the Order had, but so far as I knew, I was the only one to hold it for so long and I was the youngest to ever achieve it. And i knew her name too now. "Lillith Green?" I asked, "The Lillith Green?"....

"One and the same honey." she said, "Put a few things in their training books that is for sure. Probably still teaching them to. No I didn't die on that last mission. I walked away from that life. I couldn't do it anymore." she told Mac. "At the begining it was all exciting and the travel was great. Killing those the Church deemed evil and unnatural was ok at first. But after several years of it I began to question it. Why were we killing them. Some I could see. The ones doing the killing and mutilating, but others, some were families just trying to live their lives." she shook her head. "I left and didn't even look back." She looked at Mac and smiled. "Is it worth all the tension and strain to be number one? What do you get for being it?"

I couldn't help it. I laughed and shook my head, "You know, I never did believe you were dead." I said with and and picked up my fork again, "And yes, they're still teaching the stuff you did, but not quite as you think they would." I stabbed the fork into a sausage and bit a chunk off the end. I smiled and shook my head again as I chewed and then swallowed. Just as good as the steak, I thought then turned my attention back to Lillith. "Your missions aren't taught to educate anymore, not since before I was taken anyway. They're used as a warning of what not to do. If you believe the doctrine, you're the biggest fuck-up on record and the sole reason why women should never be given rank as hunters. Made my life a hundred times harder."....

Mrs. Lilly laughed. "Of course they would. It was a male dominated little club. Women were never thought to be good enough. Bet you have some one bucking for your retirement. So did I, but I beat him to the punch. They don't want women to be the elite, only the followers. When one like you or I come around they hate it but promote us. Then they try everything in the book to bring us down to say, 'See i told you she was not the right stuff.'"

I laughed again and nodded, "Oh aye." I said, "Pretty much all of them think that way. There's one or two that accept I'm good at what I do, but most of them can't wait to retire me." Then I began immitating Russo, "The only thing a woman is good for, is giving us the next generation!" I said with almost perfect tone and accent, "A good woman is an obedient one!" The laughter was making my stomach hurt, but I couldn't help it. After a moment, I shook my head and sighed. "I was the youngest ever female to gain the rank of Eagle. I didn't get a single 'well done', or 'way to go, Mackenzie!'. Only the cardinal ever gave me any credit, but even he seemed disappointed. I think sometimes he wishes I'd gone the way Mum did instead and save myself a world of grief."....

Mrs. Lilly patted Mac on the arm. "Oh I understand perfectly. I also see why the two of you here have butted heads." she turned to me and said, "Bet she is a lot harder to handle then some of those you hunt." she grinned. I looked from Mrs. Lilly to Mac and then back to Mrs. Lilly. "I have been hit by the best of them and well............she does rank up there. Felt like I was kicked by a mule. Hurt like hell." Mrs. Lilly laughed again. "You show him what a woman can do honey." she told Mac.

"Oh, don't you fret any, hen." I said in response, "I intend to every second until I can move onto the next shit hole." I grinned then, storing away the compliment, "And he owes me a broken rib. And speaking of which, where the hell can I get a signal? I need to find out why I'm here with this arse." I nodded to Quinn and grinned again....

"Now, now, honey, don't be rude to him. Like I told ya, he is a good man, just seems the way you two do things is differnt and you have butted heads." she looked at Mac, "If you have been told to work with Quinn, then there is something going on back at the Vatican that is very dire. He has been on the wanted list for some time and if you are here with him and not hunting him, that means he has been taken off that list. For the Church to work with one not purely human means something big is happening." She rose from her chair and went and got something from the back. "This will pull in the signal for you. Just don't tell them about me, ok. I like my life here with out them interfering." Yes I was wanting to know what the hell was going on. He waited for Mac to make her call.

I nodded and took the phone, "Thanks." I said, then stuffed the rest of the sausage in my mouth before I got up and walked away from the booth. I went into the back room and made the call. "Trydant, 9466Delta. I need to speak with Cardinal Elland immediately. Yes, this line is secure." It took only a few seconds and I peeked around the door to make sure I wasn't being overheard.
"Mackenzie?" Elland asked, "This isn't your number. Where are you?"
"It's hard to explain." I said, peeking one last time, "Look, I need to know why you've ordered me to shadow Quinn. What's going on?"
Silence at first, but then I heard him sigh, "I'm sorry Mackenzie, but I had no choice. It's Bishop Russo."
"What about him?" I asked, "What is going on Bernard?"
"I followed up on that request you made. About who tipped off the local chapter." He said, "It was Russo. The whole thing was a trap to get you out there. There was no incursion, only a single Lycan that had already been marked by Quinn."
"Fucking bastard!" I hissed quietly, "I'll fucking kill him!"
"Mackenzie, please." Elland said quickly, "Not now. Look, I've paired you with Quinn to keep you off the radar for a while. I need some time to gather the evidence against him and I can't do that if you're visible. He can hide you. That's why I recanted his name from the list. You need his knowledge of the communities."
"You have to be joking!" I said, "He's an immortal! You honestly expect me to play along with this?"
"If you want to keep breathing, absolutely." Elland said, "Now get off the line. You're mising, remember?"
I hung up and leaned against the door for a moment to gather my thoughts. "I'll fucking kill him." I said again before leaving the back room. Sitting back in the booth, I handed the phone back and nodded in thanks before reaching for the coffee.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:59 am

The comments she made was loud enough for everyone in the cafe to hear. Mrs. Lilly smiled and chuckled and when Mac came back to the booth she said, "Let me guess, It has something to do with the one that wants to retire you?" she chuckled. "I had one like that, his name was Bishop Russo. He was a young bishop but wanting more and more power. The prick didn't like me much, didn't like any female hunter. Like I said I got out before he could retire me, and I mean permeantly. The bastard wanted me dead I think."

I sat there drinking my coffee when she returned. "Well why have I been removed from the wanted list and why do they want to saddle me with you?" I asked her.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:11 pm

I poked at my food for maybe another minute before I decided to answer them both. First, I turned my eyes to Lillith. "Then you and I have someone in common." I said, "Russo set me up. Sent me here under false intel and tipped off the locals. He's been gunning for me ever since the day I proved I was viable. Tried everything to keep me from making the ranks. Altering my scores, goading the lads into beating me down, even tried to have one of them rape me once. Anything to get rid of me. And now this." I shook my head and sighed, poking at my food again. "As for you, Quinn." I continued without looking up. "Seems you're the golden bollocks for now. Cardinal Elland has removed you from the wanted list. He needs you to make me disappear until he can stop Russo's coop against me. So we've been saddled with each other." I stabbed at my steak and cut a piece off, shoving it into my mouth quickly before I made any more sarcastic remarks. Somehow, I just knew he was about to rag at me for needing him and I fully expected him to lord it over me for quite some time too. "I didn't tell him about you, Lillith, like you asked.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:48 pm

I was about to say something snappy, but thought otherwise. She was basicly in the same boat as me now. Some one wanted her dead and out of the way and had to live off the grid so to speak. Instead I said, "Ok, this time only, but where I am going, you have to do what I say. Second, take that damn ring off, because where we are going they might not take kindly to having a Church Hunter in their mists. Oh you are not going to like it, and if they find out what you are, we are both so dead." he was talking about the Vampire's hidden and so to speak underworld enclave.

"Also what you see, where you see it, must not get back to the Church. I have to have your word of honor on this." his eyes bore into hers. "Some of these people are my friends, others trust me because I am not quite human and akin to them in a manner of speaking."

"Listen to him." Mrs. Lilly said. "If that bastard is gunning for you this is the only way he won't find you. As for the vamps, put aside your teachings about them. Leave that behind." she smiled at Mac, "So Elland made Cardinal did he? He was only a bishop in my time. He is the only one I miss of the whole damn bunch."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:01 pm

I was chomping at the bit to have my say about what I could and couldn't do with Quinn, but I knew he was right and so was Lillith. However, and I had done it many times before, I could vanish from anyone if I wanted to. I didn't need help with that, but if Elland said I needed him, then I guessed I needed him. Looking at my ring, I took it off and dropped it on the table with a sigh. "I want that back as soon as Elland calls with the results." I said firmly, "I've worked too bloody hard to give it all up for the sake of that bastard Russo." My appetite had gone now, so I pushed the plate away and sat back in the booth seat. And then, I had to sit and listen to his rules. Oh, how I hated rules!

"Look." I said quickly, "I'm not some daft hen, too green to understand what goes on in the community, ok? I've seen enough to last me a lifetime that I never reported, so stop treating me like a bloody Sunday school debutante." I then leaned over the table slightly and glared right back at him. "I'm not that stupid."

Turning my head back to Lillith then and cocked my head to her, "And the same goes to you. My respect for you aside, I gave up believing their bullshit a long time ago and yes, Elland made Cardinal about twelve years ago, not long after I got the Eagle. He's about the only good one there and I trust him.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:05 pm

I look at her with a bit of doubt. "A Church Hunter that kills everything that is not normal, not reporting things? Now I find that hard to believe." It would only be the second time that some did that if she was telling the truth. Mrs Lilly had stopped and not reported things before she disappeared. "But if what you say is true, then you will know what I am talking about. Then I will not have to tell you what to do and what not to do. I will only ask you to follow my lead when it comes to talking to the Prince."

I take out cash and put it on the table for the meal. More then what the price of the meals were. "We have to get going so we can get to Central City." He got up, "That talk will have to wait Mrs. Lilly." She gave me another big hug. "Next time you stop in!" she told him. "You take care of yourself and watch your back."

She gave Mac a more gentle hug. "Nice to have met you. You do the same, you hear." It was more of a motherly request then an order.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:20 pm

I cocked my eyebrow at Quinn, "You really need to book up on your ideas about church hunters, Quinn." I said with major sarcasm, "We're not all complete sheep, you know, even the worst of us." I got up from the table and searched my pockets for any cash. I found a fifty and put it on the table. There was no way I was owing him for dinner. The least I owed this guy, the better in my eyes.

So, Central City it was going to be. It had been years since I was last there, but there was a chance that someone would remember me. However, in those years, I had changed a lot. My hair was much longer and redder and without my gear on show, it was unlikely that I'd be spotted right away. That would give Quinn time to do whatever he needed to and for Elland to find the necessary evidence so I could go back to Rome.

Moving my back a little to work the muscle at my front, I smiled slightly. That ointment really did work. I didn't feel half as bad as I did when I'd arrived. If and when we came back this way, I decided I'd stop by and pick some of that up for later use. Hell, I'd stop by anyways on my own to get some! I listened to the quip about the talk and I knew it would happen, but I couldn't care less really. If he hit me, I'd hit him back, it was that simple. The notion of never hitting women meant utterly nothing to me and he'd already admitted I'd given him pause for thought on the matter.

It was time to go and Lillith gave me a gentle hug. I hugged her back with genuine friendship this time, "I'll do my best." I told her, "I'm the ultimate cockroach me." I laughed, "You can do pretty much anything to me and I still won't die." I kissed her cheek in thanks and then made for the door.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:13 pm

The ride to Centeral City was kind of quiet I had nothing really to say to Mac, without getting her all riled up again. Besides I had to think of what he was going to tell the Prince. He had contracted me, and not a partner. A few pit stops later we came to Central City. The city had well over 2 million people living there which included to vampire crowd.

There were quite a few looks from the people on the sidewalks as we drove through the streets. Mostly they were looking at Mac. Even with the bruises she was damn good looking. Many probably thought she was a biker chick and I was her man. Well let them. Better way for her to hide. They would be looking just for her not a pair.

I drove to a large skyscraper in the center of town. It was a mixture of business and high rate apartments for the wealthy. Down into the underground parking garage where I pulled into a parking spot. "Now please don't be offensive. The Prince might not like it, and I like my status to remain as it is. I worked hard to gain his trust."

I take her to an elevator and it takes us up to about the middle of the skyscraper. Once the door opens there are five vamps in suits waiting. I open my coat and let them remove my guns. "Who's the chick?" one of them asked.

"Decided to take a partner on for this one. Breaking her in." I tell him.

He looks at Mac expecting her to do the same as I did. "Give them up Love." He smiled at Mac. Here he didn't want to use her name, it was probably well known.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:29 pm

I pulled into the spot next to Quinn and cut the engine with a growl. Offensive indeed! Swinging my leg off my Honda, I turned to face Quinn. "As nice as pie." I said with sarcasm, though I had little intention of actually saying anything. Unitl my next orders came in, there wasn't much I could do about anything. That alone pissed me off, but to have to spend the next unallotted amount of time with this moron, being pissed no longer covered it. More than that though, I saw the looks I was being given passing through the city and again here in the building. I had no doubt they could smell my being a human and it unnerved me when I was introduced simply as his friend. And then, to top that, he called me Love! How I wanted to ram that word down his throat! However, I'd kept a promise. I opened my jacket to reveal the first of my two Glocks. "Be careful with my baby." I told the guard with malice, "I like her the way she is." The guard narrowd his eyes at me and took the weapon, but when he felt the weight of it, he furrowed his brow at me and then at Quinn. He noticed what most missed. "Exactly the way she is." I said with care and then turned to Quinn and shrugged my shoulders. If he thought for a single second I was handing over both twins, he was mistaken....

I looked at her my eyes narrowing. If she didn't give up her weapons and they were found at the next check point we would both be dead. "All of them." he told her. "As a sign of Respect and Trust." I tell her. "You want to see the Prince or not? I took you on as a partner with the explcited understanding you would do as you are told."

I narrowed my eyes at Quinn, "Not by my choice." I snapped quietly, but then looked at the guard. He was getting suspicious. I lowered my chin and looked away from both men for a second. I had no choice. With a shrug, I remove the jacket entirely and handed it over. I'd have been there all day going through all the pockets individually. The guard stared at the jacket and widened his eyes. Inside was an Alladdin's cave of goodies. My goodies. From that, he stared me up and down then and lifted an eyebrow. "Don't ask." I said to him quickly, "Seriously, don't." Lifting my chin again, I looked squarely at Quinn, "Happy?"....

Quinn smiled. and looked at the guard. "In training but she likes all her new toys. Probably a little to much. I think she is trying to impress me." i shugg my shoulders and they all smiled. At least that threw them for now. God I hated having a hard headed church hunter bitch with me. She kept up the way she was acting she would get them both killed. She might think she could take them all down, but she didn't know them like I did. We were escorted to the next check point. Scanned for weapons by a metal detector. I hopped for our sake she had given them everything.

The metal detector didn't pick up on my blade, for it wasn't average metal. It was silver and silver didn't register on a metal detector. If it did, the entire female population as well as the male, would have to strip it all off at every airport, sea port and security office. We'd passed, though to be more specific, Quinn had passed. The vampire checking me put his hand on my shoulder and I turned my head to him carefully. "You can't afford this, trust me." I said. Either he ignored me, or he was testing me. I was expecting him to make a move, but instead, he ran his hand around the back of my neck and pulled all my hair over one shoulder. The move exposed my dragon and he stepped back as though to inspect the workmanship. "Quinn, tell him to get away from me before I hurt him."....

I looked at the guard, "I don't think the Prince is as patient as you think. The delay may cost me money and I don't like losing money. Remember Eddy?" The guard looked at me a twinge of fear in his eyes. Eddy had been a vamp that had pissed me off and had paid the price. He had been highly regarded as one of their best and had failed to live up to it. He dropped his hand from Mac and nodded to the others at the door to let them in. At the door to where the Prince held his court, he looked over at Mac, now wishing he had left her back with Mrs. Lilly. But he was stuck with her. The door opened and I walked in. A handsome dark haired man sat on a couch surrounded by a number of other vamps and a few human servents. He rose and approached me, his hand out. "Quinn, so good of you to come." he then looked at Mac with an apprasing eye and then back at me. "I thought you worked alone, though I can not blame you." he turned to Mac and gave her a slight bow, "Such beauty with one like Quinn." the Prince qrinned. "A pleasure to have you in my humble home and court." he took her hand and raised it to his lips and kissed it. "Please sit we have much to discuss."

With one eyebrow raised, I quickly, but smoothly removed my hand from the Prince's before he kissed it. "Ta." I said quietly and then looked around the court closely. It would be a bloodbath and the odds were definteily not in my favour without my weapons, but I was sure I could take a few down with me, including the Prince if necessary. Most of my hair still sat over my shoulder and when I turned to find a seat, I heard whispers begin to rush through those present. Clearly, they'd never seen anything like it, or if they had, it meant such trouble to them, they didn't dare say anything. Wait until they saw the whole thing, i thought with mirth. Either was good for me. Regarding the Prince carefully, I felt I recognised him from somewhere, but I couldn't quite place it. "By all means, continue." I said to both men, "This has nye on nothing to do with me, I'm just along for the ride."....

I saw her looking around and inwardly groaned. Yes a big mistake bringing her. She was the cold blooded killer of the church. She was probably wishing she could have at it with all that was in the room. Yeah they were Vamps but the Prince had gotten control over those in the city, brought order and the kills down to 0. He had sat up a blood bank for the vamps to use. She would destroy that in a heartbeat with out any qualms and plunge the city into a blood bath. Yeah he should have left her. "So you have a problem with a new coven?" I ashed
"Yes indeed." the Prince said as he sat down and leaned back in the couch. "One by the name of Seth had arrived with a few followers and I fear he is not going to play by the rules. There has already been five killings that the police are looking into and think it is a serial killer. I want the problem solved before the Church Hunters begin showing up. I have worked to hard to quell my kinds need to hunt humans. Your advice on that matter was good and I think helped save quite a few of them. Now I need you to solve this problem for me. He looked from me to Mac then back. "One million in payment."

I sat and let the men get on with their talking. I could see the regret in quinn's eyes about bringing me here, but if he would insist on such things, that was his problem. At least, that was the way I saw it. Still, I'd promised I'd behave and so I did. They began talking about a problem coven that was causing trouble for the Prince and though I listened carefully, I gave the impression that this really wasn't my business. He wanted the problem gone before the Order started taking notice. I pinched back the urge to laugh and decided to take a look around instead. There was much going on in the court and I noticed it all. The conversation turned to how much Quinn had helped the Prince and his court and I took a deep breath as I continued to look at those there. They weren't all vampires and that surprised me. There were some Lycans there too and I was sure I spotted the cat-like eyes of not one, but three changelings. This was definitely interesting. One of them, Katia, came forward and sat boldly on the Prince's knee. "Ooo, some new friends." She said with a smile at me. I didn't smile back.....

I smile and nod at the offer. It was a very decent price. "What is known about this Seth?" I aked. I saw the way Mac was looking at the others in the room. Oh he would have to have a very long talk with her.
"Not much. Seems he came from Egypt about a month ago , with a small grooup. He is arrogant and evidently thinks he is better then any one else. He has set up shop in the wearhouse district." When Katia moved to the Prince's lap he chuckled. "I see you and the prince are a thing. You keeping him in line?" I lean back trying to look relaxed. But with Mac siting beside me and looking around I couldn't really do that."I'll do it. You have what I need."
"Waiting on you downstairs." the prince told me. I stand up and offer my hand to Mac, "Time to go."

Katia looked from the Prince to Quinn and then back again before looking directly at me, "Hardly." She said with a laugh, "You know us kittens, Quinn, we prefer to play around. So tell me, who's this delicious kitten with you?" Still, her eyes were directly on me and she smiled. Then Quinn said it was time to go and I got to my feet. What the hand offer was for, I didn't know, but I didn't take it. Katia also got up and shimmied over to Quinn. The woman had serious moves and it was no wonder really to me why she was in this supposed court. "Going so soon?" She asked him, sliding her hands around his hips. I lifted an eyebrow. Play around indeed, I thought. "Me and my friends were hoping you'd stay a while with us. It's been so long since you were here last, we all thought it would be nice for that club night you refused us."....

I smile " Sorry love. Work calls, maybe some other time when I am not trying to save the world." I give her a kiss on the cheek, then move away to the door. It was one thing working with them but another playing around with them. That could be dangerous. He placed a hand on the small of Mac's back and smiled at everyone that they passed. I had a feeling that she was just itching to pull a knife and slice my hand off, but it was all for show. I had felt her body tense when I placed his hand on her back. She was one I had to dump and soon. Hell Let the church find her and kill her. The one bishop would be doing me a big favor. Once out of the "Throne Room" I breathed a sigh of releif and removed my hand from her. Past the guards and back in the elevator. "Damn it, can't you keep your mind off killing these people. i saw the look in your eyes and I only hope they didn't. If not for him this city would have had so many dead humans and probably alot of your buddies as well."

I grabbed my coat and growled at Quinn as we went for the elevator. And then, when we were finally alone, I balled my fist and threw it at him, socking him in the jaw for the second time since we'd met. "It's what I do." I snapped, "I couldn't care less what these people do or don't do and I really don't give a shit about playing to your fucking fiddle. I told you before, I ain't here by choice. Besides, why would I wanna be pally pally with them. Jeez, you're a bigger whore than the one crawling all over you." I laughed and turned my back to him, "I'm surrounded by hypocrites!" And I didn't just mean present company....

When she hit him again, that was it, she was going to be on her own. "Fine bitch, you are on your own. You go your own way. I don't have to obey your shit head boss, I am not one of you assholes. You can even go back up there and try to kill them. I hope they hang your hide out for your kind to see what happens to them here. Hell I might even let them know who you are and watch."
When the elevator reached the garage he moved out of it to his chopper. "Don't bother following. Get lost bitch."

I stepped out and bowed to him in sarcasm, "You do that." I said with mirth, "And i'll watch them do to you what they'd do to me for you bringing me here." I moved past him and flicked my hair over my shoulder, "Getting lost is what I do best, Quinn." I zipped my jacket up and looked over at him one more time before firing up the bike and I sped from the garage, leaving him covered in a fine plume of concrete dust. "Fuck him!" I said sharply to myself, "You're better than any of this, honey, really you are." The streets were empty as it was late into the night now and as I looked around, I began to relax some. And then, just as I turned the bike off main street, two more thundered past me in a race. I grinned and stopped for a second. Now there was an opportunity for some fun, I thought. Pulling the throttle back, I sped off towards the racing bikes and soon caught up with them. Moving between them, I smiled at them both. Up ahead, a crowd was waiting for the winner. I pulled back the throttle as far as it would go and sped from the pair. And then, just as I was about to reach the finish line, I lifted my feet from the pegs and carefully stood up on the seat of the bike. I stood up, balanced perfectly and shot over the finish line. As the bike slowed, I sat back down again and pulled by baby to a quick stop before the one that looked in charge. "Nice." He said to me and I nodded back with a smile. "Nice race you got going here." I told him. "Mind if I join in?" He looked me up and down and nodded, "With moves like that, sure." He said. I wondered briefly where Quinn had gone, but then remembered I really didn't care. I got off the bike and removed my jacket.....

When she left I smiled. "Finally that dumb bitch is gone." He looked over in a corner and saw the package he was looking for. He stowed the stuff in his saddle bags. He roared off into the night heading for the wearhouse districts. It felt like a loag had been lifted from my shoulders.
When she took off her jacket her cell rang. "Mac how is it going with your partner." came the cardinals voice. "GPS tracking have you in Central City. What is going on there?"

I pulled my phone out and grinned at the race organizer, "Dearest Daddy." I said to him with a laugh and took the call. "Nothing and nothing." I said in reply to Elland, "Left him in a cloud in the city centre. I can disappear on my own better than anyone and you can turn off the tracker, Bernard. You want me to vanish, remember? Besides, if I stayed with Quinn, I'd be a walking advertisement for his fancies. Why the hell did you put me with such an arse? As it happens." I looked at the organizer again and grinned, "I've found some new friends to play with for a while.".....

"Mac you have your orders. You are making it harder for me to make my case with his holiness for you. Besides he knows things, people, and we feel some high up creatures that we want eliminated. It would be a big coup for you if we found out where they were and sent in a team to wipe them all out." There was a pause and then, "You have your orders Mac. Now tell me why you have seperated from him. No let me guess, you pissed him off that bad and tried to kill him. Mac I can not help you if you disobey me constantly."

I growled and gripped the phone tightly, tempted almost to throw it and be done for good. No, not yet, I thought. "If you want a coop." I said, biting back my anger, "There's a coven in Central that's causing a problem for the so called Prince. A vampire named Seth has set up shop in the warehouse district and he's been killing indesriminantly. That good enough for you?" I growled again and took a deep breath, "And no, I didn't piss him of, he pissed me off." I continued, "It isn't my problem if he can't accept I am what I am, Bernard. I'm not some fucking puppet to be played with, I never have been and I'm hell as not gonna start doing it now just because someone tells me to. If you're so desperate to keep me in check, you should never have sent me." At my side, the organizer grinned at me and came closer, pulling my hair aside to get a good look at my back. I turned my head slightly, "Don't." I said to the man and he lifted his hands at me in defence. My attention then went back to the Cardinal. "I am capable of doing this alone."....

"Seth! God be merciful." came the worried voice of Bernard. "He was one of the originals, according to records." Oh was Bernard worrried. "He is not like the others, he can not be killed like the others. You said there is a coven of them. No this is one time you can't handle. I am sending in teams Alpha and Tango along with your team." Another pause and one could hear him talking to someone urgently. "Find Quinn, warn him. Dear Jesus this could be really bad."

I lifted an eyebrow, "Give me one good reason I should do anything at all." I said sharply, "Quinn all mighty is not my fucking problem Bernard and neither is this little tango you've got going with Russo. I have no intention of handling anything until I get some bloody answers.".....

"Answers? When have you ever wanted answers before doing a job. But I will tell you this. The orders have come from the top, from his holliness. I do not question his orders and neither should you. When the teams get there they will contact you. But if anything happens to Quinn, his holiness will let Russo have his way."
I was nearing the area and the address that was left with the package. I stopped and got off the chopper and undid the case that held the rifle and then opened the saddle bags. In them were the special ammo that would take out the vampires. Pocketing the ammo and slinging the rifle across my back I began his accent to the roof tops of the wearhouses, by jumping up farther then any human could. Once on top I move towrds my destination. If I was lucky they would not think of me coming that way.

I let my head drop as I heard the answer I didn't want to hear. The Pope had ordered this. Shaking my head, I said, "Fine, I'm on my way." I ended the call and turned to the organizer, "Hmm, seems I can't stay after all." I said, "Pity, but there you go. Another time maybe." He laughed and nodded at me, "Anytime." he replied. Putting my jacket back on as I went, I got back on my bike and zipped up. Seconds later, I was heading towards the industrial district of Central. It would take a few hours to get any back-up to the location, so I knew I had to hurry. I turned onto the various streets until I spotted the glimmer of Quinn's bike and pulled up alongside. He was nowhere to be found, but I knew he was there. I looked around and then looked up. I smiled. Opening up my tank bag, I pulled out the twin to my Glock and checked them both. Wrong ammo. I emptied them and reloaded with the needed bullets, sepcially designed to make vampires explode in a really cool kinda way. Taking my jacket off then, I pulled twin blades from the sleeves and tucked them intot eh straps of my bra under my shirt. The guns went into the back of my belt and I folded the jacket into the bag, zipped it up and then looked around once more. "Top floor, menswear." I said as I began climbing up the building. It didn't take me long, perhaps no more than a few seconds longer than Quinn ahd done it and once on the roof, I kept low and looked around again. I spotted the hunter on the far side with a very high powered rifle. I moved slowly to him, wondering what quip I could give for being there. Oh well, there was always the truth.....

I move as fast as i could and as quietly as I could accross the roof tops. I thanked the powers to be tha they were flat roofs and not arched. Made travel alot easier and faster. I finally come to the wearhouse across from the one that the coven is suppose to be set up in. I took the rifle from my back and set up on the edge of the roof and looked through the scope at the building across the street. I spotted a couple of them walking inside the building. They looked strange, very foreign, Middle Eastern it looked like.

I moved along the rooftop towards Quinn, but remained silent. I had hoped he wouldn't notice me until I was already on him, but then the wind shifted slightly and I groaned. He would smell me no doubt, being what he was. Seeing as there no hiding now, I stepped out broadly, though I still kept low. He had noticed something, it seemed. "Quinn." I said quietly....

My whole body tensed when I smelled and then heard her. Oh if the situation had not been what it was i would have yelled out some obsenities and turned the rifle on her and shot her. He had no more patience with her. He didn't care if he had rubbed her the wrong way, but her own arrogant and paranoid attitude was her problem. She could not take a little bit of ribbing and perhaps some compliments in his own way. She seemed to think everone and and everything was against her. "I have no time for your fucking attitudes and mental unstability. I have a job to do."

I growled low in my throat, but bit my tongue, "That's why I'm here." I said, moving right up to him. I leaned over and looked down at where he was aiming. There was nothing there that I could see straight off, but I knew there was definitely someone or something down there that had his attention. "I've been given my orders and some answers. I know why I'm supposed to shadow you."....

I kept my eye on the targets and gritted my teath, "Yeah and I probably alreadly did it for you. lead you to the conclave here in the city. Bet you have teams already on the way don't you?" he would have to warn them. Hve them move and move fast. But first he would do what he had been contracted to do. "Bet you are happy that you can go in and kill them all. I seen the look in your eyes. That is all you care about."

I turned my head and glared at him, "I already told you before, Quinn." I said coldly, "I don't play that way. Sure, I would have taken a few of them with me if they attacked, but they didn't, so I didn't. You really don't get it do you." I shook my head. "I'm here to warn you about Seth. My orders have come from the Pope himself. It was him that sent me to you and it was him that ordered I help you. Elland has sent Alpha, Tango and Delta team to help you take down Seth and his coven. Your precious Prince is safe." I shook my head again and moved back, "I don't why I bother." I whispered, "You made your mind up about me the minute you set eyes on me on the road. You are such an arse, Quinn."....

"I'm an arse? I have watched your kind work. Killing entire families, women and children. I know what your kind is like and that they care nothing about the innocents they kill, they just want to kill them. Those four I killed were so full of themselves and bragged how they would be promoted when they killed me. So don't preach to me. Talk about making up one's mind, you already had made up yours on me when I took out that lycan. I saw it in your face and the way you reacted. Then again at the church. Who the fuck had the gun out pointing it at someone." I move the rifle around and spot a few more and one that seems to be their leader. "Finally, there you are."

I shook my head again, "Yeah right!" I snapped quietly, "Some hidden entity fires in my direction in the middle of a storm at a Lycan I could have dealt with and then invades a private meeting in a fucking church. What did you honestly expect, Quinn? You didn't give a shit what would happen when you just walked in and demanded answers that weren't even mine to give. And just for the record, seeing as you like to pick at everything, I am not like the rest of them. I am not a believer. As far as I'm concerned, God can go screw himself for the shit he's put me through over the years and right now, you can do the fucking same. You're so ready to condemn every other hunter, you don't even see what's right in fucking front of you." Then he spotted something and I turned my eyes to see. "Look, until the Pope frees me of this mission, you're stuck with me, ok? So let's just get this done so you can crawl back under whatever bloody rock you belong to and I can do the same."....

"Oh your differnt? Right. I have not met a single hunter, with the exception of Mrs. Lilly that thought only of killing those not normal. Remember? I have had four sent after me, I have seen them in action. Tell me why I should believe you are any different. Mrs. Lilly told me of the training and the brainwashing of the young that are to become hunters. Tell me why I should believe you. As for the church, it was the only way I could make sure what your mission was. You haven't done anything like that?"

I flicked my hair over my shoulder and reagrded him carefully, "Yes." I said firmly, "I am very different. I never did believe the bullshit they fed me, but rather than give up, I decided to fight back and get what was mine. I did what I had to, Quinn, same as any. No, I didn't like all of it, but that's the way it goes. You gotta go through a lot of shit to reach the gold at the end. I got mine and I earned it. The difference between those that went after you, and me is that I don't get sent out for basic shit no more. I only get sent after the worst, the ones that have already gone through other hunters. And yes, maybe one day I would have been sent after you, if you name had come to Elland. You don't have to believe me if you don't want, I never said you had to."....

"Right. I saw how you looked at those in the Prince's court. The look in your eyes told me alot, as did the way you reacted when he tired to kiss your hand. He does not do that to everyone. He was giving you a complement that I could tell was from the heart. Your look told me you hate them, hate them all and want to kill them. Tell me how wrong I am on that." I had no time for talk, it bugged me though that she was trying to tell me she was different. "If your boss told you to kill them, you would do it in a heartbeat and not think nothing of it."

I shook my head again and turned my face away from him, "Yes, I hate them, ok. I've lost too many of my friends not to." I admitted, "And your precious Prince can kiss all the women he likes, I couldn't give a shit. I do what I do because I'm bloody good at it. It's what I do, what I've always done, so now you've put me in my place, get the fuck off that horse and let's just get on with it, shall we?" I looked over the edge of the roof again. "If my orders came to kill them, I probably would, yes, but it takes more than just being an immortal to get as far as me. Like I said, I only get sent after the very worst of them."

I'm a hunter, but I select those jobs I take. I do it for the money and to keep humans safe, not becasue I want to be the best to prove to others I am better then them." I tell her. "Now shut up so I can do the job I have taken." The leader looked different then the others I was about to pull the trigger when I saw it. He was standing under a sunlamp, hell the whole group was. "Fuck." I whisper.

"I don't need to prove I'm the best." I snapped, "I just gotta keep myself there so they don't sign me off." I shook my head again and turned to see what Quinn suddenly voiced fear with. A vampire immune to daylight. "Right." I said quietly, "That about fucks up my ammo useage." I moved away from the edge and sat up, leaning against a AC vent. "Well, when you're right Elland, you're definitely right. We need a new plan.".....

I slipped from the rifle and laid on his back. My special ammo was useless in this situation. "Who the hell are these vamps. If they can stand the sunlight, shit, they can walk among the humans with impunity." Yeah what she said was right. they needed a new plan. I had no idea of what to do wtih them. "You said three teams are coming? Why What does your boss know?"

I turned my head and looked at him with my brow raised, "Oh, so now you want to know." I said with some sarcasm and then laughed quietly before letting my head rest against the unit vent. "Seth is an original. An ancient. He's probably come from the first royal bloodline of vampires, if not the very beginning of it. Back in their hayday, vampires could walk in the sunlight, they could even have kids, if you can believe that much. They were the gods that we mere mortals could only worship and follow. Hell, how do you think the Egyptians knew as much as they did, or the Greeks even? It all goes back to the originals." I let my head roll slightly to look at him again....

Well since they are not the masters of the world today something had to have happened. A way to defeat them, kill them. Your boss have any ideas on that? Anthing in your archives?" They had to have a weakness Lycans had silver, vamps the sun and UV ammo, but these new ones, or old ones if the were originals, had to have a way to kill them. If not the world was fucked.

I laughed again quietly, "Sure there is." I said, "But it'll cost ya." I slid my guns away and got up. I was far enough away from the edge not to be seen, so I didn't have to stay low now. I began walking back to the point at which I had arrived....

Sliding the rfile back and moving back to where I would not be sceen, I stood up and moved back to where Mac was. "So what is the big weapon against them?"

I turned and grined at him, "It isn't a weapon per say, at least not anymore." I said as I looked over the edge to find my bike. Next to it was the drainpipe I'd climbed up and I moved slightly, turning my back to the edge of the building and I stepped back until only my toes were holding me there. "It's more powerful than anything we know and it carries the ultimate price."....

I sling the rifle on my back and looke down. Uiltimate price. The only price like that was ones own life. "Yeah right. I'll let you have that honor then." It was not a far jump for me and I stepped off the roof and to the street below. I landed on my feet like a cat and looked up to see how Mac was going to get down.

I looked over as he jumped down, knowing full well that I'd kill myself if I even tried it. At the very least, it would be broken legs and paralysis. No thanks, I thought, you can keep it. Still, I jumped off and back slightly and then at the last minute, I reached out and grabbed at the drain pipe. I then slid down as smooth as ice, jumping off at the last second and landing in a smooth crouch and bounce by my bike. "I bet." I said, flicking my hair back again....

I open my sadle bags and took out the burner phone the prince had provided. I gave him a call, "Complecation, these are not normal vampires like you. They can stand sunlight. My.......partner has a contact that says they are originals."
"Not possible. They were all killed centuries ago." the prince came back.
"Well I guess that some survived and are now here. They look middle eastern."
"Damn. If that is true normal weapons nor those UV bullets will kill them. There is only a couple elder weapons that can do that. No one knows where they are though, they are just legends now."
"Great. I suggest you get your people out of the city. Let these originals have it persay until we can figure something out.l I don't want you or the others targets for them or when they attract the attention of the Church Hunters.
"I will see that everyone is safely out of the city. You my friend take care of yourself."
When I got done with the call I turned to Mac, "Well do you need to call your boss and let him know?. Maybe find the weapons that can kill these things."

I pulled my jacket out of the tank bag and slipped it on, "He already knows." I said, zipping it up. I then swung my leg over the bike and started it up. "That's the only reason I'm sticking around. The Cardinal has sent my team and the two others, like I said before." I looked across the courtyard at various buildings before back at Quinn. "If it comes to it, Elland will send the weapon we need. If we can take Seth down without it, all the better."...

"How many originals have you taken down?" I asked her. "Or any of your Order?" He doubted that they had. "What makes you think your people can do the job?"

I cocked my head to one side and smiled, "I've come across my fair share." I told him. "Before me, there were two that took down an original. We can do the job because we've done it before. Seth is one I haven't come across yet, so it should be interesting." I then leaned on the tank, "And how many have you come across, almighty Quinn?"....

"None." I tell her."The prince said they all died centuries ago. How has any of you popele killed any?" They may have thought they were an original.

"With great losses." I said honestly, "Hence the training of people like me." I sat back on the bike and stared at him squarely....

"Ok Miss almighty Mac the Huntress, how do we kill them?" He was using the same sarcasam she had been using on him. See how she liked it.

I laughed and shook my head, letting my curls hide my face. "Departing the head from the body is the best way." I told him, "But it's hell to get that close and if you can survive that and take their heads, you've got all their little pets to deal with. There's only ever been one that could do it and walk away still breathing."....

"Let me guess that was you." I smiled back. Well if it only took taking their heads off, I could do that. They didn't know me and didn't know what I could do. To them he looked like a human and underestimate him. That would be untill he took a couple of their heads and showed what he could do.

I nodded, "Actually, it was." I said, turning my head to look at him through my curls, "Like I've told you before, only the worst."....

"Well have your precious teams bring the weaposn we will need, or....... Come on I have an idea." I got on my bike and was off down the street in no time. There was a couple places in town that might hold just the thing he neded. His special ops training came in handy nmost of the time but now his martial arts training would be the key.

I cocked my head to one side and pulled on the throttle. After a few seconds, I came level with Quinn and looked over at him, "Where are we going?" I asked....

"You will see." I told her. I roared back to the city but not to the center. it was near the wearhouse district. I finall stopped infront of a bunch of shops on one of th side streets. Here there was a Dojo. This I went to and looked up at the leves above. "Be right back." I leaped up and grabed a wndow ledge and threw myself up more till I am at the third floor window. I knock on it and an elderly man comes to the window and opens it. A few minutes later i open the door to the dojo. "Meet Mr. Wang my martial art instructor." he turned to Mr Wang and said, "We need the sharpest blades you have." the old man raised a brow. "You hunt something bullets can not kill." he laughs and motions for them to follow him. He moves back into the back of the dojo. He opens a door and turns on a light. On the walls are various martial arts weapons. He reaches up and takes two katanas down. "These very old, made by master sword maker. Will not lose edge." he offered one to me and the other to Mac.

I lifted my brow as I took the katana. It was very finely made and as I turned the blade in my hands, I saw the edge glimmer at me. "Very nice." I said with genuine appraisal. "No loss of edge, you say?" I asked. The old man nodded and I nodded in return, "Folded at least two hundred times. They haven't used that method for more than a century. I have something similar in my kit, willed to me by my mentor when he died."

"This you can take mans head off with one skillful thrust of the blade." the old man smiled. he turned to me, "Remember your training?" he asked me. "Of course I do." the old man chuckled. "Best you do, or maybe you will lose hand if not careful." I took the katana and I could tell by the weight it was perfectly balanced. "Thank you sensie>" I tell him and give him a bow of respect. "Come on Mac we will keep an eye on our friends until your calvery arrives.

I handed the blade back and bowed my head in respect to Mr Wang. "Thank you for letting me handle it." I said with some reverence and then looked to Quinn. I was about to tell him the teams would be there in a few hours when my phone rang. I bowed my head to Mr Wang again and quickly moved away from them as I answered it. "Yes?" I said. Then my eyes went wide and I nodded, "Excellent." I said, "You sure you wanna meet there? Ok, I'll see you in about an hour." I hung up and turned to Quinn. I looked him up and down, "What gear you got?" I asked him, "Delta team has landed and they're on their way. Gonna meet up with the commander in a club down town."...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:10 am

A club. That was all I needed to be at. But what the hell. Perhaps I would enjoy myself for a while. This was not going to be a trurkey shoot that we would be going to. If indeed these bastards were originals, they were going to be fast and strong as hell. I would have only a small chance at that to surprise them and perhaps take out their leader, unless Mac tried and got her self killed. Oh he knew she was the type that would want to do it. It would help keep her status as the best.

If she didn't like their doctorian then why was she working for the church and the Order.If she didn't believe in what they taught her why was she still there? Why try to be the best at something you didn't believe in. Mrs. Lilly had seen that everything they had taught her was not right, had doubted the reasons for killing, had been the best and she got out, left to do what she wanted to do.

She didn't make sense. Not one bit. But I was going to need help on this one and no amatures would do. "Fine lets go. They been informed about me?" I then grinn, "Wonder if they know about that lycan and how it almost had you for lunch. You tell your boss about that?" She had said she could have taken care of it. I doubted it, but even if she could have killed it, the creature would have gotten its teeth into her and that was all it would have taken. The bite would have infected her and in time she would have become one.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:07 am

Beep. Beep. Beep.

So that was my first day and my first contact with Quinn. A hell of a lot happened, I know and to be honest, the whole thing left me reeling. Russo had set me up and I had no choice but to hide out until Elland could sort things out. To be fair, I'd been expecting to him to do something, but to send me somewhere and rat me out to the locals was low even for him. I figured the betrayal went deep for him to get the intel through the filters and to Elland, but at the time, I didn't know just how deep it really went. On the upside though, at least I learned one thing to be absolutely true.

Meeting Lillith had to be a highlight. What they taught us at the academy about her had always been bullshit and I'd always known it and I'd always felt I'd cross paths with her some day. And she was right about so many things. The Order was run by people like Russo. Bigots, hypocrites and sanctimonious pigs that held so firm to the old beliefs that any thing else was a threat. To have a woman in their ranks, especially one that was better than they were, it was a disgrace and I had made it my obsession from the beginning to prove just what a threat I could be. And I had succeeded from day one.

In some sense, Quinn was absolutely right about me. I was a complete mystery to him of how and why I continued to do what I did. Sometimes, I had to wonder myself. He just couldn't seem to understand that this was who I was. I'd known nothing else, literally. At the time, I couldn't have cared less. As far as I was concerned, he'd interfered and now that I was stuck with him, I wanted to make him suffer for crossing me. It never occurred to me just how much my attitude towards him would change. At least I knew one thing I understood in the situation. Seth.

Now, going back some ways again, the originals were the first vampire bloodlines. They went all the way back to the very first vampire. Cain. Seth was one of his creations, a son to be exact. Very strange to say, I know. The vampires of today aren't what they started out as. Back then, they could live and breed as any living creature could. It was only later on, when the bloodlines had been so badly diluted and poisoned with time, that they lost those abilities. And that brings me to a question I can hear you asking.

On the rooftop, when I had tried and failed yet again to explain things to Quinn, I already gave you the hint. You see, I wasn't just an ordinary hunter. My advanced training was very specific. And I wasn't the best purely by chance. I was engineered to be what I am. Something that Quinn was about to learn. Sure, I was born, I grew, I advanced and one day, I'll grow old and die given half the chance. I'm purely human, but with a twist. You hear all the horror stories about genetically modified food and animals, but the Order went far beyond that long before the general populace learned about the special spuds and wheat etc. If I'd been born a boy, I would have been heralded as the order's greatest achievement. The perfect soldier. I was stronger, faster and more adaptable than your average GI Joe. It just so happened, my sex didn't hang between my thighs.

Anyway, to get back on point with Quinn. He got a taste of that when we'd brawled on the side of the road, but I don't think he quite understood how at the time. The compliment was nice though.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:12 am

I grinned as I left the store and went back to my bike. "They'll know all about you." I told him with a grin, "And yes, they'll know about what happened on the road too. Like I said at St Helens, gloat all you like." I swung my leg over the bike just as my phone went again with a txt. I checked it and grinned before responding. "HUrry up, we got ten minutes." I said and started up the bike....

Well if they knew what happened at the road then they knew I had won technicly. She had all but been choaked to death, beathen and she still carried the bruises. I would love to see her explain that. I had a feeling they would be looking at her and wondering. I followed and before long we came to the Club. Flashing neion sign, said the Cathedral. Just the kind of place they would go. He shookhis head as he got of the chopper and went inside to the noise and smells of the place. It reaked of sweaty bodies, booze, cigerate smoke and mixed in there some other stuff. The music was loud and everyone was seemed to be having the time of their lives. "Nice place. Nothing more quiet?"

I laughed as we pulled up at the club. His face was a picture. "It gets better." I said with some sarcasm and then nodded to the bouncer. He nodded back and Quinn was allowed access to the place. "I'll meet you in there in a few minutes." I called to him and then disappeared behind a truck parked nearby. Inside the club, as Quinn expected, it was dark, smokey, booze filled and loud. Very loud. It wasn't your average youngsters place with people hopping on the spot because the beat was too fast. No, this was another game entirely. The stage was occupied by a band that were anything but manufactured. The music was heavy rock and they played it with all they had. It actually meant something to them beyond royalties. Eventually, I rejoined with Quinn, but I had changed my clothes. I wore now tight black jeans, low slung around my hips with my silver blade that now looked more like a chain belt. The tee had been replaced with a very slinky silver thread top that wrapped around my neck and tucked into my jeans at the front, leaving my entire back and shoulders bare. Well, modesty had never been something important to me. I was also six inches taller, trading the boots for cork heeled shoes. I didn't need make-up. My hair was pulled back and up to one side so it sat neatly over one shoulder. I arrived just in time to hear him comment on the place. "Quiet?" I asked, "Why would you want that? Quiet means more ears listening."....

Yeah it meant more people could hear them, but then again I would be able to hear people coming. i din't like having my senses dulled by the sounds and smells in the place. As I looked around I spotted a few people that were not human in the crowd. Oh that was going to be fun to see. When the other hunters arrived it was going to be a bit tense he figured. Especially if those non humans figured out that they where church hunters. One of them was already eying Mac. Poor fool would not know what hit him if he tried anything. The modern day vamps were strong and agile and had some speed to them, but not like the originals. He had heard about them from his contacts with the vamps. Legends mostly because none of the modern day had ever seen one. it had also been told that they could shape change into animals. That is where the lycan race came from. Anubis, one of Cains children as a Vampire, could change into a large black wolf and if he bit some one in that form and let them live, they changed into a lycan. In ancient Egypt they had been mistaken for Jackle Warriors, but they were actually wolf like creatures. Mac had shown him she had moves, speed and strength not usually found in humans, especially women. He had been wondering about that and Knowing the Church and how they wanted to eradicate all non humans, he would not put it past them to use genetic engineering to produce the best human possible. A mad scientist had caused him to be born like he was, and science had probably created her. It seemed they had something in common. "Where is the team?" I ask her.

As I looked around the club, I saw the immortals and they saw me, but neother them, nor me made any move towards malice. In fact, one of them came over. Now, I know I'd said before in my interlude that I'd yet to meet a vampire or Lycan that thought beyond themselves, but this woman and indeed, the man that followed behind her, were an exception to that rule. The woman smiled broadly at me as she approached and then actually leaned in to kiss my cheek. The man copied the move and I kissed them back, wondering just what Quinn would make of that. "Looking good Kenzie!" She said with a nod of approval. I was just thankful that the bruises had all but faded already, thanks to my own wuick healing and Lillith's ointment. "Who's your friend?" I turned to look at Quinn and lifted an eyebrow, "He's hardly a friend." I told the woman, "we're working together for a while. Tell me, has Gabe arrived yet?" The woman nodded and pointed over to the dance floor. "He's out there waiting for you." She said and then turned her attention to Quinn as her man bought a round of drinks. He passed Quinn a bottle as the woman turned to lean against the bar as I made my way onto the dancefloor. Her arms, shoulder and back were tattoed, as well as up her neck. She looked him up and down openly, "Hardly a friend, huh?" She asked him....

"Yeah you could say that." I told the woman. "That is quite evident from our road side tussle." i took the bottle and took a drink and handed it back to the man. "Kind of forced to work with her at the moment, and not by my choice either." he inturn looked her up and down openly. She was good looking and all but he thought, to many tatoos. he was not much for them being all over the body. Some considered it art but he could not see distracting from the real beauty of a woman by haveing alot of them. He had one and that was on his right arm. An oriental dragon wrapped around his arm from the shoulder, its head ending at his wrist. Something his old sensi had put there while he was in training. "So you are part of one of the teams sent to help?"

The woman laughed and shook her head quickly, "Oh hell no!" She chortled, "I know better, trust me. Besides, why would I wanna try and compare to that?" She pointed to me as I moved through the people towards my commander. Gabe was dancing with a woman in a very seductive way, but when he spotted me, he nodded to her and let her go in my favour. It was clear he liekd what he saw, just like most men. Something that the vampire talking to Quinn made sure to note. "I mean, just look at her." She said openly, "She's like perfection. Well, maybe not to you. Oh yeah, I see the tension between you. I can understand how you ain't happy about working with her. She prefers to be on her own too, no rules or someone staring down your throat every minute.".....

Well a vampire knowing Mac, now that was something I never thought I would see with her. Being friendly with her as well? Now that was just dwon right mind blowing. "How long have you known her." I asked the vamp. Her male friend was standing close and I could He was the jelouis type. As he looked around some more I wondered if the Prince had gotten the word out. "Has the Prince gotten word out to leave the city?" I ask

The woman smiled, showing her fangs, "Most of her life." She said, "First met her when she was about twelve. She was even more tiny than now." She shook her head, "And already absolutely deadly." She then looked back at Quinn and nodded, "Yes, we've had word." She admitted, "But this is my home. Besides, knowing that Kenzie is here, it makes things easier.".....

I chuckle. Same old same old. Not wanting to leave because it is their home. To many had got killed because of that, but it was their lives, he could only warn and suggest. He watched Mac go meet the guy called Gabe on the dance floor. He had stopped dancing with a pretty thing out there to join her. Now that was just down right rude of the man and of Mac to cut a dance short like that and who knows what else after that. He turned back to the woman and her man. "I have been a bit rude here for not introducing myself. "My name is Quinn." At the mention of my name the man's eyes got big and he gave a slight bow. The woman smiled and a new look filled her eyes. "He regards you as a good friend and ally." I shugg my shoulders. I never took our friendship and relationship to be more then just that. He brought peace and order to the non humans in the city. I had helped some in that and it had set him up as the Prince. Then I turned back to watch what Mac was doing.

Gabe and me began talking as we began dancing in much the same style as he had been doing already with another woman. We were debriefing each other without it being seen or heard by people that weren't involved. Back at the bar, the woman continued, "I'm Anna and this hulk is Michael." She looked out where Quinn was looking then and laughed, "You'd think they were in bed together." She laughed.....

For some reason it bothered me watching the two dance. Indeed it looked like they needed to get a room somewhere. He turned his eyes from the scene and looked back to the door as a man entered. "Crap." I mumbled as I saw one of those that had been in the wearhouse. He stood there looking around as if looking at each and every individual. His eyes finally came to rest on Mac on the dance floor and an evil grin apeared on his lips as he moved from the door into the crowd. Just great, really great. "Excuse me please. I think things are about to get a bit dicey. You and your friend might want to disapear." I tell Anna and begin making my way through the crowd. With her talking to the one called Gabe, the smells, and the loud noise. He doubted that she would notice the vamp heading her way. He didn't care how good she was and how atuned her senses were. In this place it would do no good. Besides she had no idea that the guy was one of those from the wearhouse. I had seen him throught the scope which gave me a very clear view of him. "Damn it Mac. This will be the third time." He moved up behind the vamp as he closed the gap between Mac and him.

But it wouldn't be, for as I turned, I saw someone entering and when I flickered my gaze to Quinn, I saw the reaction. "We have company." I said to Gabe and then moved my eyes to the large man approaching us. "Got it." Gabe said with a light flick of his hand, he pulled a silver pin from my hair. He turn turned me under his arm, handing it to me in such a way it looked as though he was moving in for a good feel. "Back door's covered." He told me, "The out is set." I nodded against his shoulder as I ducked down with my back to him, as though rubbing against him and I pulled a small revolver from his ankle. I then turned again and pushed close against Gabe, handing him the gun. With the pin up one arm, I looped my fingers into the silver blade chain and got ready. The guy was coming up fast and Quinn was right behind him. "Now." Gabe told me as the stranger reached us and I sppun on my heel, whipping out the blade and it sliced across the man's face. He turned sharply, unable to stop himself and I looked to Quinn with a look that said, 'we're done here'. I then turned sharply a second time, slicing the blade across the vampire's back and shoulder before I moved into the thick of the crowd and disappeared.....

As blood splattered near by people, panic ensued and the people began screaming and runing for the exits. The vamp howled in rage as he was cut on the face and the back. As Mac began to try and disapear into the crowd, the vamp locked eyes on her and began tossing people left and right to get to her. I needed that blasted Katana now and it was strapped to my chopper. I follwed the vamp trying to figure out how to take him down. Already the wounds Mac inflicted were healing. There was only one thing to do. He grabbed the vamp, spun him around and let him have it with all he had in and upper cut to the jaw. It lifted the vamp off the floor and deposited him on the ground. People cleared the area around us as they tried to get to the exits. The vamp got up rubbing his jaw and looking at me a bit strangely. I chuckled at his confusion. Lifting a hand up I motioned with my fingers for him to come on. He got to his feet and came at me. I was in the air my right leg coming up as I spun in the air. My booted foot caught him on the side of the face and he went tumbling down again as I landed on my feet. He shook his head trying to get the cobwebs out of it and glared at me.

And at that point, I also turned and made my way back through the crowd of panicked people. With my pin and blade still out, I got in on the fight. Coiling the blade around my fist, I went to Quinn's side and grinned as the guy got back to his feet and glared at Quinn. His eyes then turned on me and he growled low in his throat. I dropped my chin and raised my fists, the pin neatly up my forearm. "One at a time, maybe, honey." I said, "But you really wanna fuck with both of us?"....

The vamp growled low in this throat as his eyes blazed red with anger and hate. "Your puney weapons will do you no good." He rubbed the side of his face and glared at Quinn. "You are not one of us but you are as strong as we are." he grinned then. "You should join us. You are more like us then them." he nodded to Mac and spat on the ground. He then laughed. "A message for you. Retirement." He then leaped over the crowd and to one of the exits pushing people aside and leaving.

I lifted my chin again and glared at the vampire as he spoke to me. Retirement. I narrowed my eyes and tensed my arm, ready to fight, but he jumped away over the crowd and out of the club. I let the tension go again and turned my head to Quinn. "Interesting cock, that one." I said. And then, as suddenly as the panic had happened, the bouncers quelled it again and the music started once more. I made a full turn, making sure he really had gone before facing Quinn once more. "Well spotted." I said with genuine thanks....

"Yeah. Looks like they are on to you. Theres a leak somewhere, and I think it is from your people in Rome." I rub my hand. It hurt. The vamp had a very hard jaw. "Where is your friend?" I ask her as the people slowly calmed and the bouncers began moving towards Mac and me. What they had seen the vamp do was not normal, and the weapons Mac had out now they didn't like either. "I think it is time we go before problems begin." He grabbed her by the arm and made for the nearest exit, pushing through the crowd and hoping they would delay the bouncers.

I went for maybe ten feet before I slowly untangled my arm from his grip, "It's fine. They're with Anna. This is her club." I told him and then nodded as the bouncers got closer. Sure, they hadn't liked that I'd picked a fight so openly and they stared at my weapons with some anger. Holding my hands out, I flipped the blade back around my hips and then pinned my hair back again. "All's good fellas." I told them and they then looked at Quinn. I turned to him then and nodded, "I think I know already." I said honestly, "Russo, the bishop me and your ladyfriend commented about. He set me up in Mycrodorma. I think he's setting me up again now. Gabe will be checking out back. He'll come back when he knows everything is secure. For now though, relax and let's get that hand looked at."....

"The hand will be alright. Just tender from hitting him. Alot tougher then a normal vamp male." He looked at the bouncers and shook is head. It was annas place eh. Now that was interesting. As the people began moving back in and the music began playing again I still head for the exit. "I don't think it is safe here. They know to much about where you will be. I think I had best choose a good spot. Your buddy in Rome won't know of it. Now where is the rest of this team?"

I shook my head, but followed. I spotted Anna and Michael and gave them a nod of thanks as I left. They nodded abck and went back to what they were doing. Outside the back, Gabe was sat on the wall, having a good look around. When he spotted Quinn and me, he got to his feet and came forward. "You're Quinn." He said, "Gabe Harris. Kenzie's commander. Good to meet you." He had a distinct New York accent that placed him in the old irish quarter of the city. He stuck his hand out to shake Quinn's. "She's been telling me all about you and what's going on." He looked me up and down again and shook his head, "Damn girl, you really know how to pick 'em, don't ya. I've had your bikes brought around. They ain't room in the van for you both. I got your kit, Kenzie, you're all set." I nodded and moved past him towards my bike. At Quinn's side still Gabe sucked in his breath as he watched the dragon move with my back as I walked. "Oh yeah."....

I shook his hand and watched the way he looked at Mac. Oh it was not hard to tell. The way he was dancing with her was not just for show only, and the way he looked at her now even made it more evident. He was in love with her. I just shugged my shoulders. Never get inbetween people that have something for each other. That was one reason I didn't take up Kat's offer and didn't do anything in the club with Anna. Kat was the Princes favoriate and perhaps more. Anna had a man that was definately jeloous of other men when they were near his woman. I moved to my chopper and this time took the katana and slid it down my back, inside my coat and strapped it on. I could reach up and draw it now, thought the handle of it was showing. But at the moment it didn't matter. "Follow me. I have a place here in the city. We will all be better of there then any place assigned to you guys by Rome." I start my chopper and begin to move off.

Gabe lifted an eyebrow at Quinn's reaction to him looking at me, but then shook his head and went to the van. "You're on point then, Quinn." He said. I started up my bike and flicked my hair back as I watched Quinn pull away and Gabe with the van shortly behind. We weren't going to the safehouse, but I didn't mind. Quinn was right, it would be safer doing things his way for the time being and I was supposed to be off grid.....

The place was in the older part of the city. One of the older and larger houses. It had been renovated inside with new electrical and plumbing, but everything was still the old style archetecture. I motioned for the van to drive around back to the garage and I pakred my chopper up by the porch and stairs. I open the door and go in and turn on the lights. "Kitchen is through there, bathroom is over there, bed rooms are upstairs. have four of them. Hope that is enough." The living room had two large couches and couple of over stuffed chairs. The place had wooden floors and rugs every where.

I entered the house and nodded in approval, "Very nice." I said, "Much better than most houses I stay in." I grinned and moved past Quinn into the living room. In the middle of the room was a low hanging chandellier and I just had to touch it. Reaching up, I moved one of the crystals, but as I did so, the edge of my top moved, revealing the side swell of my breast. I didn't notice and just carried on. Behind him, Gabe entered and stood next to Quinn. "Thanks for the crash pad." he said to the man and then nodded to me, "That look you gave me earlier. It ain't whatcha think, ya know. Don't get me wrong, any other life and I'd bed that in a second."...

He may be saying one thing but in his mind he was wanting Mac. I knew that for sure. But for some reason it was a relief to know it, though I didn't know why. Again I just shook my head and looked away. I watched as the other team members came in. Two men and another woman. I pointed upstairs, "Bedrooms and a bathroom up there." then pointed out the bathroom and kitchen also. Turning to Gabe, "What has she told you about the job."

Gabe nodded to the other hunters and watched them go upstairs before returning his eyes to Quinn. "She told me about the set up." He began, "Russo, that bastard, he's wanted her gone since before she sprouted." He shook his head, "She told me about the original you've been paid for as well. Man, that's gotta sting and all. I think your Prince might have bitten off more than he can chew with that one. The cardinal has done you a favour, giving her to you for this. Believe me, you're gonna need her. She told me about the Lycan too, that got the drop on her and the fight. Told me you gave her a good beating and all."....

"Yeah, we have some issues." I told Gabe. "Ok guess we are going to have to make some sort of plan for these Originals. When I got a look at them there were five males and three females and their leader, Seth. If they turn humans they are probably going to be as bad as they are. Can you imagine a shit load of them? Mac told me how hard it was to take just one down, how costly it was." I shook my head at another thought, "Then if they are able to bear children? I don't want to think about that. The world will be totally screwed."

Gabe nodded, "Most people have issues with Kenzie." He said, "Including her. Anyhoo, back on point. Yeah, originals are bastards to kill." He nodded again, "And yeah, a shit load of them running amok in the cities are a real problem. Newborns are stronger than their elders for a time. That's why they get used for take-overs and shit before the older ones move in. If these originals are here now, then it won't be long before they start sending out their newborns to remove the power so they can move in on it. And Seth, he's a big problem. Since Anubis was taken down, he's been soaking up all his brother's assetts. The Cardinal has been tracking their movements across Europe before they disappeared a few years ago. Knowing that they've pitched up here, it's no wonder he wants Kenzie on side with you. When everyone's settled in, we'll debrief and go from there." He then nodded to me, "And you two should start making friends. She likes you, that much I know, but those issues are gonna get in the way if you don't get something common between you."....

"Likes me? Yeah right. She tried her best to kill me on our road side brawl. No I don't think she likes me at all from everything she said and has done. Tolerate, mabe." I leave him there and go into the kitchen and get a pot of coffee going. I take some things out of the freezer and put them in the micro wave to dethaw. I was sure that I would have a bunch of hungry people coming down the stairs in a bit. Taking a bottle down from a cupard I open it and pour myself a nice heafty drink and lean back on the counter and slowly sip it. Liked me. I shook my head. I doubted that very much. i heard them coming down and got the oven turned on and pans out to get things ready for the meal. Opening cans of patoatoes and vegies i got the roasts in a pan with everything else and poped it in the oven. It would be about an hour but then there would be a fairly decent meal made.

Gabe laughed and followed Quinn into the kitchen, "If she hated you, she wouldn't have tried to kill you, Quinn, she would have just done it." he laughed again and leaned against the doorframe in much the same way Quinn had done, "In fact, the way I heard it, she dumped everything and brawled with you. Kenzie don't do that, she don't brawl like a guy without reason." He turned his head back and stared at me as I moved around the living room and then sat down. "And you popped a rib and she let you off on it. Man, if only every guy was that lucky." He turned back and stared at Quinn again, "But then again, nah. Trust me, Quinn, she likes you."....

"Well I won't belive that until she tells me that or shows me that she does like a normal woman." Now why he wanted her to like him was again a bit confusing. She wa a church hunter and would kill anyone that they told her to.l She was arrogant, touchy on alot of things/ But I found myself looking back into the living room at he. I sip some more of my drink and bring down another glass and pour Gave some and hand it to him.

Gabe laughed again, "Kenzie, a normal woman?" He asked, "You're tugging my chain. You're more normal than she is, trust me." He looked back at me again briefly, "But try by all means. See what happens." When he turned back and spotted the glass, he held his hand up and shook his head, "Thanks, but I don't drink." He said, "She does." He nodded in my direction as I stared at a large painting above the fireplace from the sofa. "And she will thank you for it, I promise you."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:43 pm

I raised a brow at what he said and shugged my shoulders as I picked up the drink took it to the living room.  "Got cable if you want to watch something."  I told her and handed her the drink.  "Food will be ready in a bout an hour.  Nothing like we had on the road but it will be hot."
 I looked up and almost smiled at Quinn, "Thanks."  I said genuinely, "Not much of a TV fan to be honest, I prefer my music."  I took the drink and sipped it, "Mmm, thanks, I needed that.".....

Everyone was now downstairs, and looking towards Gabe and Mac for instructions.  They looked at me with questioning eyes.  "Have they been briefed?"  I asked her.  It looked as if they were wondering who the hell I was and where I fit into to their mission.

I looked up at the faces all staring at me and Quinn and I put the drink down, "Yes, they've had a basic report of what's going on."  I said, "But now I guess they want the details."  I turned fully to them and then waited until Gabe arrived to join the group.  "Ok, so I guess you're all wondering what the hell just happened."  I began, "The long and short of it is this, we have an original in the city."  The whispers were loud enough to echo.  "Yes, I know, it's been a while since they cropped up.  Quinn and me have already faced one off in Anna's place.  We're dealing with Seth.  Quinn can tell you exactly how many there are as he was the one that found them."  All eyes were on him, but I could see it clearly that they were suspicious.  "I know that many of you have come across him in name before, but Cardinal Elland has recanted him from the list because he knows how valuable he is in this part of the world.  He has knowledge of the communities that we generally don't get to know, so you need to listen to him and you need to respect that knowledge.  You all trust me, have done from the beginning, but after what's happened, I trust him, so you should show him the same respect."....

Oh now that was totally different.  That shocked me right then and there.  Her trusting me, and haveing respect.  Talk about being blown away.  He turned to face the team.  They looked young, and wonderd if they had any experience at all.  "There are a total of 9 of them.  Seth, five males and three females.  All 9 look to be from the middle east, which would fit in what Mac and Gabe has told me.  With that many here, it will be a disaster if they create others like them.  They will not be your run of the mill vamps." I let that sink in.  "They are faster and stronger then the normal vamps and if what I have been told is true, they can change into animal forms.  Probably how they disapeared from your bosses obsevations.  Any here handy with blades?"

The team looked from one to the other and then back at Quinn.  "We know what originals are."  said the woman, Marla.  "We've hunted down two of them with Mackenzie already."  Gabe nodded, but he worded it much better, "That's true, but don't underestimate them, like the others did."  He said, then looked at Quinn again.  "Basically, Quinn, we're the elite team.  Those of us here have been hunting with Kenzie almost since the beginning, with the exception of Marla.  She's only been with us for five years.  Me and Kenzie, we were the first to hunt them and we've been at it for fifteen years or so.  Kenzie was the one that took down Anubis and very nearly Cain himself a few years back.  Everyone here has been trained with blades that can sever the heads and I guess it can make us a little arrogant sometimes with other people."  He shrugged some and then smiled at Quinn.  "Sorry, continue, please."...

I shug my shoulders, "Well that was one with a group of you.  Here there are nine. One was hard to take down and cost you guys plenty, right.  What do you think 9 will be.  Right now they are holed up in a wearhouse and it looks like they know Mac is here which means I bet they know you are here.  I think the one calle Russo back in Rome thinks you are all expendable and doesn't care a shit about what happens to you, as long as Mac is "Retired" for good.  So here is a question for all of you.  If there was help from those not human, would you accept it and leave them alone?"

Quinn was met with silence for a second or two while they considered the choice.  Gabe was the first to speak, "Hey man, so long as they keep their teeth and claws in check around me, I couldn't really give a shit."  He said, "And Anna is a vampire, she's never once bared her fangs at me, not for anything."  He motioned to me and I nodded in agreement, "It's true."  I said, "And I've known her the longest.  Even the Cardinal accepts that she's not to be hunted.  And I'm sure, if I can trust Anna with a needle on my skin, I'm sure you guys can trust her at a distance."  They all began to nod and I turned my head to Quinn.  "I guess you got a team, cock."  I said....

"Alright then, I will make a call, and see what i can get.  Just need a few hardy ones to make a diversion so we can get in and to them.  If we can make it look like the diversion is us then we might have a chance to surprise the hell out of them."  I take out the cell I used to contact the Prince and leave the room for a while.  I talke to him and he said he would send six of his best.  They would meet me at the wearhouse district.  I came back to the living room, "It is set the help will be waiting for us at the warehouse district.  Since it is close to morning, they will be lycans.  Strong, fast and hoepfully good enough to keep the originals busy."

The team nodded, but it would take a little more to convince them yet.  Gabe looked along the line and then at me.  I nodded and he turned to them, "Right then."  He said, "When do we get set up?"  I looked at Quinn for this too, wondering what he had in mind, considering that most of us hadn't actually slept yet.  Not that it mattered, we'd gone days, sometimes a whole week without proper sleep before, but then again, we weren't dealing with originals when we had done that....

I could see that they looked tired, but the vamps knew they were there and he didn't want to lose them nor have them switch hideouts on him.  It would take time to find them again even with the Prince's people help.  "We have to hit them fast and immediately before they move.  if they leave the city, we may never find them and then things could get really bad.  So if you want a cat nap you have about five hours before the sun comes up."

The whole team nodded in agreement and I smiled at their determination about the matter.  "Four hours."  Gabe said, giving them an extra hour to prep before they left.  They all nodded and then parted ways to get some sleep.  Gabe lingered just long enough to stare at me and Quinn, "Are we all right with each other here?"  he asked.  I nodded, turning back to the glass and Gabe looked to Quinn.  "Quinn?2.....

"Looks like it."  I told him and smiled.  I turn to Mac, "You going to go get some sleep.  I am sure there is probably one of the bedrooms still open."  I figured the women would go to one and the men to another.  But of coure he didn't know if the women were hooked up with any of the men.  I go to the other couch and streach out on it.  It had indeed been a long hard day and I was begining to feel it.  Even being what I was it had taken its toll.

I nodded again as Gabe left and I sat down on the couch again.  Picking up my glass, I finished the delicious liquor and then looked across at Quinn as he seemed to settle on the other sofa.  "Don;t you have a bed here?"  I asked as I got to my feet again, "Or has one of mine taken it?"....

"Don't know.  Since there are a few of you I thought I would let who ever have what beds there are.  Mine is a kingsize bed and I hate wo waste all that room when I have guests."  I tell her.  "You should see if there is one available for you."

I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head, "I'm pretty sure they won't kick you out of your own bed."  I told him, "Even if we are guests here."  I turned away from him and the sofa before I grinned and half turned my head.  "A kingsize you say?"  I was only playing with him, teasing him, it just depended on how well he bit....

"Yep with silk sheets to boot.   I have a few places like this.  One in various cities."  I laugh,  the pay is that good, and I like my comfort."  I get up and move to the stairs, come on lets see if they took it.  You can have it for the time we are here."  it tell her.  Up the stairs and to the right at the end of a hallway was the door to the master bedroom.  I slowly opened it and looked in.  No one was there.  That was surprizing.  "Looks like it is all yours."  I swing the door open and turn on the light.

Ok, so he didn't bite quite as expected.  I laughed anyways and followed him up the stairs and when he opened his bedroom door to find the room empty and indeed, a very expensive looking king size bed inside, I snorted with laughter and shook my head.  "It's your bed, cock."  I told him and turned away from the door.  It would be nice to sleep in one, but it wasn't a priority to do so.  "I'll find another bed.".....

I laugh, "Well not as comfortable I bet."  he wonderd was she going to find Gabe and share his bed.  Even though he had said different, who knew what the Church hunters did.  'Your loss."  I said and moved into the room, removing my coat, guns and holster and the katana.  Then I took off the black T shirt which revealed the tatoo of the oriental dragon on my arm.

I laughed as I half turned back to him, "Probably not."  I said, but then as he took off his shirt, I caught sight of the tattoo and couldn't help but turn back.  "Very nice workmanship there."  I said before turning around again.  I smiled as I made my way along the hall.  The other bedrooms were all taken, so i went back downstairs and made myself comfortable on the sofa....

I half turned and looked at the dragon.  "Yeah not bad."  I move to the bed and begin stripping down.  Hotel rooms are one thing, but the beds I had bought for himself was quite another.  The couches he had in the living room were not bad but they were not beds and were not made to be slept on.  I crawled into the bed and sighed.  Comfort and the feel of silk sheets on his skin.

The sofa was very comfortable and once I had taken my shoes off and taken out the pin in my hair, I settled down and closed my eyes.  The house was quiet and calm and I liked that.  No traffic rushing past like in a hotel and no drunken shouting and brawling to disturb me.  No doubt the team were already well away in sleep and it wasn't long before I was as well.....

It was not long before it was time for me to wake up.  Four hours seemed to fly by but I felt a bit better.  I got dressed and went back down stairs.  When every one had gone up to bed I had to turn the stove off to make sure that I did not have burnt food.  It was done and cold but it would not take long to heat up and they could have something before they took off.

Indeed, those four hours did fly by, for me especially.  I had been that tired that I had slipped straight into a deep dreamless sleep.  I was woken by movement around me and made to turn over, but as I did, my top shifted, revealing pretty much my entire left breast and then, as I took a deep breath to start the waking process, it revealed the rest of it and I didn't realise.  I blinked a few times and yawned before I stretched my back and then my legs.  "Your couch is well comfy."  I said, knowing it was Quinn nearby, "I think I might have to nab it off you."....

I  got an eye full and chuckled "Better rearange your clothes before Gabe and the other guys come down."  I tell her.  I go into the kitchen and pull out the food and pour some coffee.  it would be a bit strong but that would be what everyone was going to need.  Thank goodness for microwaves.  He began heating up the food and sipped on the strong coffee.

I looked down and finally realised my mistake.  Quickly, I pulled the silky cloth over my breast and sat up.  Yawning, I rubbed my hands through my hair and stood up.  "Thanks."  I said, "Knowing Gabe, he'd give everyone else the heads up first and have a good giggle about it."  I moved into the kitchen and yawned again as I reached for the coffee pot.  "Hmm, you got any tea?"....

[3:39:43 PM] Charles  Santarelli: I point to a cabinet, "Second shelf.  Tea pot is on the stove."  The others began coming down rubbing their eyes, Marla opens hers and takes a deep breath, "Yessssss Coffee."  she grabbed a cup and poured her some.  The others came in still a bit sleepy eyed.

Gabe was the last down, but he was by far the most awake of all of us, save for Quinn, it seemed.  He grinned at Marla's vest and shorts and actually snuck up on her and slapped her backside.  It was all in fun mind and it had been that way for years.  And then of course, it was my turn.  He pulled on the silky top and cocked his head to one side, "Either you woke first, or Marla woke you."  He said with a grin.  I grinned back as I reached for the teapot.  "Neither."  I said openly, "Quinn woke me."  Gabe grinned anew and nodded at Quinn, "Nice."  he laughed....

I watch it all and see Marla jump when smacked on her backside, "Damn it Gabe you almost made me spill my coffee.  It is to presious to waste."  She sipped on the coffee a look of satisfaction filling her face.  The others poured coffee and began dishing up the food and eating.  They made satisfied gurnts as they downed the food.  Soon the whole bunch was wide eyed and looked ready to get on with the days work.  I wondered about his remark when Mac told Gabe that it was I who woke her.  Had he seen something?

Gabe laughed back and grabbed a plateful of food.  And when I say plateful, I mean it.  The man literally piled a dinner plate high and scoffed the lot.  Thankfully, it seemed Quinn had made more than enough and I managed to grab a decent bowl size of it all.  I then leaned agains the counter to eat the food and drink my tea.  And soon enough, we were all wide eyed and bushy tailed again.  When I was done, I turned to head for the stairs, "Am I alright to jump in your shower, Quinn, please?"  I asked as I stopped in the living room long enough to straighten the cushions and grab my hairpin....

"All yours.  Best one is in the master bed room."  I told her.  The others all ran back upstairs to get dressed and ready, with their gear on and ready to do what they did best.  Marla grabed another cup of coffee and relished in its taste.  "Finally someone knows how to make a decent cup of coffee."  she said and I laughed.  "Well guess we wait on Mac.  I walk upstairs and to the door of the master bedroom bath.  "You got everything you need in there?"  I ask.

I nodded in thanks and went upstairs.  I collected a few things from my kitbag on the landing and then went into the master bedroom.  The bathroom was just as expensive looking and I grinned at the twin shower head.  It would be a short shower, but it would be a sweet one.  Downstairs, Marla laughed as Quinn headed for the stairs, "Doubt it."  She said, "Fastest shower in the west.  She'll be done in five minutes flat, I bet ya!"  In the shower, I washed quickly and rubbed some body wash through my hair to clean it up a little and as Marla had said, five minutes later, I stepped out again and got dried.  As Quinn asked if I had everything I needed, I opened the door with a short towel wrapped around me.  "I'm good thanks."  I said and moved past him as I rubbed my hair with another towel.  "I think I've left everything tidy for you, but where do you put your wet towels?"  I turned to face him....

I open up the top of a hamper by the bathroom door.  "Right here."  I tell her.  Usually I would wash everything and dry them before I would leave any of the places.  Would have to after everything was taken care of.  If not I would have a maid service come in and clean up.  I grin as I look at her wrapped in a towel.  Oh the comments I could have made, but I just grinned and said, "Meet you down stairs then.  I turned to head for the door.

I nodded and smiled as I turned away from him again and dropped the towel.  I covered my skin in a thin layer of moisturiser and then put on my recognisible hunting gear.  Closely fitting leather trousers and a leather waistcoat.  After I pulled my socks and boots on, I wound my hair up in the pin and then collected all my things, putting them back in my kitbag and I went back downstairs.  I'd been a total of ten minutes, if that, but I was ready to go.  While I was changing, Gabe looked at Quinn, wondering what the man was thinking.  The odd looks and the changing attitude towards his senior hadn't gone unnoticed.  "As Kenzie would say."  He said to the man, "A penny for your throughts?"  He cocked his head to one side as he finished checking his kit.  The others also turned their heads at the question....

I looked at Gabe when he made his comment and then at the others when they were looking at him to see what I had to say.  I just grinn and say, "Well what I am thinking is not important."  I check my guns and the katanna on my back.  This time I trade my shorter leather coat for a leather trenchcoat.  I put on a pair of sunglasses and made for the door.  I only hoped that our quary had not left yet.

Gabe offered a half cocked grin, "It must be important."  He said, "You've been thinking about it constantly since yesterday."  He cocked his head to one side and then spotted me coming down the stairs.  "Leave the man alone."  I told my commander and then grinned, "He was probably thinking if only that towel was an inch shorter."  I gave Quinn the same grin as Gabe and then grabbed my leather coat and hat from the bannister and pushed them over my kitbag.  Bheind me, Marla was dressed much the same, but a little more modest.  In fact, we were all pretty much leather clad, though the second hunter, David, opted for a more toned down version and wore kevlar rather than straight leather...

I look at her as she makes her comment and laugh.  Oh yes and then make the comment about sweet cheeks.  Now that probably would have been interesting at the least.  Well he had to admit she did look damn good in that towel.  "Next time remind me to make sure the towels are a bit shorter."  I grinn then say, "Now what about those other two teams that were being sent."  I asked.  They had not heard from them or from the Cardinal either for that matter.  It would definately help to have some back up.  He knew the lycans would do their part but they could only do so much.

Gabe shook his head, "I don't think they'll play ball with us."  He said, "Tango team belong purely to Russo and Alpha obey the rules.  Besides, I'd rather we get the score.  It's what we were trained for and the last thing I want is to see Kenzie robbed of what she's owed."  He grinned again, "Russo on his knees begging forgiveness."  I nodded though I didn't turn my head.  Instead, I made a beeline for my bike and checked it over quickly.  Once satisfied all was in order, I started her up and then put on my coat.  I placed my hat neatly into the tank bag and then tossed my kitbag into the back of the van...

I followed her out and started my chopper.  Almost looked like one of those cowboys on a horse, only the chopper wasn't a horse, and I didn't have a hat.  When I was sure everyone was ready, I took off and lead the way back to the warehouse district.  About where we had parked the night before, the six lycans met us.  They were tough looking and a couple had scares that told him they had been in their fair share of fights and had survived.  The six looked a bit uneasy at the Church Hunters, but a few words of encuragement and assurance made them relax a bit.  "First time for everything I guess."  one of them said.  He gave a curt nod to Mac and the others.  "They are still there. "

"We will go in from the top as they go in from the bottom."  I told Mac and the others.  The six were basicly dressed like the team so it would look like them coming in.  The Prince had a head on his shoulders.  The six lycans moved off and I turned to the team.  "Well time to get climbing."  I tell them and lead them to a portion of the warehouse that had no windows.  It was easy for me to jump up and grab on to the brick and launch my self again till I was up on the roof.  Once there I waited for them to climb up.

As I pulled up next to the van, I opened the back door and peered in at the team.  "Might be an idea to lose the gold, guys."  I said quietly and they instantly took their ensigns off and put them into pockets.  After that, we all met up with the Prince and his Lycans.  The first few minutes were tense, but as always, it was up to Gabe to break the ice.  "I bet you a dollar, you get there before I do."  He laughed and sure enough, he won the dollar.  I laughed and shook my head before looking to Quinn.  "After you."  I offered....

They seemed capable enough, as he watched them scale the wall.  They had gear that allowed them to cling to the smallest hand hold.  Once all were on the roof I lead the way to the roof door and gently opened it.  The lycans should have been entering the building at that time.  Taking his time he moved down the stairs to the floor below and peered in the window in the door.  Sure enough the vamps were there and taking up positions on the top floor.  They had a lot of cover there and I could see where any coming up would be at a disadvantage.  I opened the door quietly as I can and slip in low behind some boxes.  I draw my katanna and wait for the others to follow.  I could not see the one called Seth but I did see a couple of the others.  From here it would be up to Gabe and Mac to get their people into position.

I nodded to Gabe from my postion and then broke away slightly.  There would no doubt be a crossfire and I didn't want any of my team to get caught in it, nor myself or Quinn.  The others took their positions and after a small hand signal from Gabe, the team moved out and began the assault.  At the same time, the Lycans made their move and soon enough, I heard gunfire rattling through my ears.  I moved with my team, picking them off as quickly and efficiently as always.  Soon enough though, I heard more coming our way and I looked to Gabe and he looked at me.  With a nod, he put down his regular weapon and pulled out a more heavy duty assault rifle.  The others copied his move, but I kept to my twins.  The assault went into a full blown gunfight as we discovered the vampires had been given weapons also.  I knew I had to hit every target flawlessly, or we would run out of ammo before they did....

Bullets were not something that seemed to be effecting the vamps.  They were hit but it did not seem to phase them.  They would not be going down with bullets, but Mac, and her team could.  They were not bullet proof nor did they have the healing ability of the vamps.  This is where I came in.  I jumped from the top of some crates, did a sumersault in mid air and landed behind one of them.  The Katanna arched through the air and there was the splatter of blood as its head came off and fell to the ground just before the body followed.  Then it was time to surprise the rest of the team.  Mac had seen it but they had not.  In the blink of an eye I was gone from where I had just beheaded one and was standing before another one the blade already in motion and slicing through the neck.  I point to the sword.  It was the only way to kill them.  One could not regenerate a head or body once seperated.

Gabe stared wide mouthed as Quinn made his move and stared at me in shock.  I shook my head, telling him it was fine and then nodded to him, "Throw me the Siren!"  I called.  Instantly, Gab e reached into the weapons bag and threw me my own blade.  I ran into the fray to join Quinn as the others lay down cover fire for us both.  As in it's name, the Siren made a melodic whistle as it passed through the air and the glimmer of the acid edge showed how deadly it really was.  As Quinn moved onto his second target, I was already there and had parted the head from the body before he swung.  I grined at him and ran for the next one.  He tried to move, to use his ability to flash step, but I had been trained for this and I turned the blade slightly, jumping off a crate much like Quinn had done and I landed with the blade behind me.  The vampire stopped dead in his tracks and wobbled.  The head slowly slid from his neck and I turned around.  I nodded to Quinn.  "You lead, I'll follow."  I told him.  Gabe and the rest of my team settled in to slow down the rest of the coven so we'd have a better fighting chance of getting to Seth....

I laughed as she sliced through the vamps neck, and then went after another.  Her trick worked and a third went down.  That left six more to deal with.  From where the gunfire was coming from he could tell where the lycans were and where the vamps were.  The mussel flashes could be seen.  But there were only two more places where the vamps should be,   Where were the other four.  He moved to one of the other spots and jumped over the crates, coming up behind another and sliced its head off.  He pointed to the next one to Mac and made some noise to draw attention to him.

I took full advantage of Quinn's noise and moved in at a pace very close to his own.  I smiled as the head fell, spurting some blood up my arm and as I turned again, I flicked the blade, ridding it of the blood before it dried.  I nodded to Quinn and looked around.  Where were the rest of them.  Then I heard a noise around a corner and whistled to Quinn.  My turn to lead.  I moved around the corner, the Siren up and ready and I tensed my elbows, ready for the swing.  However, as I moved, I saw something that made me stop.  It was only a flash, barely anything at all, but I knew exactly what it was.  My jaw dropped open and I ran for the flash.  "It can't be!"  I breathed as I ran towards what turned out to be Seth and his closest fleeing the building.  In among the vampires, I could see Russo's robes!  I felt my heart stop and my breath catch in my throat.  And then, from where Gabe and my team were, I heard a shout.  It was Nicholas, my third team member.  He had come across the mother of all booby traps.  "Out!"  He yelled, "Out!  Out!!  Demo!"  I knew what that meant.  Seth and his coven had rigged the buiding in case of an attack just like this.  I turned to Quinn, my eyes wide with shock and started running....

I curse under my breath and start running as well.  I had a feeling it would not do any good at just a run and the same with the others.  They were all in a tight group ahead of me, running for the stairs.  It had never been done that I knew of, only spoken of here and there.  it would take concentration and he hoped they would not be sick when I got done.  I opened my arms wide and as he caught up with them.  As I began my shft I touched the first two before me.  In a flash the whole team was outside and I stumbled and fell to the ground as everyone reapeared.

But he missed one in his haste to get us all to safety.  He missed me.  I felt him rush past me and I picked up the pace, but as I hit the stairs, I felt teh first shudder and then the second.  And then, the floor began to feel unstable.  I put my head down and ran for all I was worth.  Outside, Gabe coughed, while David and Nicholas choked, trying to get their senses back.  Gabe was the first and looked around for me, but I wasn't there.  "Kenzie!"  He yelled, looking at the building as it began to fall under its own unstable weight.  Inside, I found the floor beginning to collapse under me, so I ran for the wall.  I ran for the window with the floor caving in behind me.  I could hear Gabe yelling outside for me, "I'm coming!"  I yeleld back and threw myself through the window.  Itw as on a split level, so I knew I'd be safe jumping.  I just hoped I could outrun the building!  Moving flat out now, I lept through and landed with a bounce and a roll and I quickly got up and started running again.  The wall behind me started to crumble, but I didn't dare look back.  And I was glad I didn't.  The wall crumbled and a large chunk fell just behind me, flicking my coat tails.  At that point, I had to stop and I slowly turned around in the dust cloud to see the damage.  "Oh boy!".....

I was on the ground holding my head.  It was as someone whas hiting me on the head with a sledge hammer.  My stomach felt as if was turning every way it could.  "Not going to do that again."  I mumbled.  I couldn't see that well either.  "Everyone alright."  I groan.

Gabe continued to look around in a panic, not able to see or hear me for the falling debris and he ringing in his ears from Quinn's little hop.  "Mackenzie!"  He yelled again.  I stared at the wreckage for another few seconds and then slowly turned around.  I began walking to the noise of Gabe and the others as they began yelling for me too.  Slowly, I emerged from te dust cloud, covered in it and I walked slowly back to the team and Quinn.  I was shell shocked at what had just happened and what I had just seen.  Gabe was the first to spot me and ran for me.  "Jesus H fucking Christ!"  He yelled as he grabbed at me.  I just stared through him.  He put his hands on my shoulders and shook me firmly until I looked up at him.  Then, and only then, did he start laughing.  "Hell girl!"  he cried, "That was awesome!"  he brought me back to the team and slapped me firmly on the back, "Homegirl here just outran a fucking building!"....

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 am

I rolled on my back and try to focus my eyes. Yes impressive. His body was aching now because of the manuver I had just done. How it was possible even I didn't know. But it seemed I could move an area about me forward to where I wanted to go. Much like the wormhole theory, but for a short distance. It had never been tried on a group of people though.

It seemed that the others were alright. Perhaps just the one doing it suffered ill effects. My eyes cleared and i saw Mac. Somehow I had missed her in the mass move. She must have just been out of the range of the effect. Slowly I got to my feet and walked towards Mac and Gabe. When I reach them I am racked by more pain and double over as I ask, "You ok Mac?"

"The others are getting away!" I croak out. "Have to get after them." In the distance the sound of sirens could be heard heading their way. Police and firemen would be there shortly. I straighten up even though every muscle in my body is screaming at me. "We have to go." I move towards my bike.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:37 am

I turned my head slowly as the team began to congratulate me and looked back at the devastation behind.  Soon enough, I heard Quinn saying the vampires were getting away and I finally found my voice, "No."  I said, "They're just leaving."  Gabe looked from me to Quinn and then back again.  "Kenzie?"  He asked.  I didn't answer and simply pushed my way through the team and went for my bike.....

As I passed everyone they all looked fine and were congratulating Mac on her escape.  I should say I stumbled to my bike.  Even my leg muscles were screaming at me.  But I made it and got on and was soon roaring down the street.  He had caught the same glimpse that Mac had but he had no idea hwho the man in robes was.  He just thought it was a priest that may have been kidnapped by the vamps for what ever purpose.  Seth and his three females had exscaped the building and the chaos that followed.  Well time was a waisting.

As I reached my bike, I flicked my hat to rid it of the dust before packing it neatly again in my tank bag.  I then got on and started it up without a word.  The team had no choice but to get back in the van, but if they expected me to hang back for them, they were wrong.  Gabe knew then that something was seriously wrong with me.  I opened the throttle and roared past them all, including Quinn.  I didn't even look at him as I swerved around him and took off into the distance.  Gabe was having to rag the engine of the van just to catch up long enough to pull in behind Quinn.  I kept the engine at the top end, whizzing past everything and everyone and even two traffic police never saw me coming, or going.  I was just a blur of black and brown to them.  They had no hope of catching me either, for I never slowed, not a single bit and I knew I would be back at the house long before their helicopter could track me down and hidden away again.  At least for a little while anyway and I was a good half an hour ahead of Quinn and Gabe.  I knew my commander would want to come here first and regroup for a new plan.  Finding no key to get inside, I pulled the pin from my hair and picked the lock, entering the house as though I owned it.....

I watched as Mac roared by me and down the street.  But she was heading in the wrong direction.  I turned off and headed in the opposite direction in which I had saw the vamps leaving.  I was not about to let them disapear.  When I turned off i noticed the van continuing in the direction Mac had gone.  The vamps had a vehilce somewhere and he was going to find them.

Gabe slowed the van and then stopped as he watched Quinn turn another way entirely.  It was the way he had seen another heavy duty SUV go and thought now it must have been the vampires.  He turned the van around and began to follow Quinn.  Gunning the van a second time to catch up, he rolled down the window and came level with Quinn.  "What are you doing?"  He called, "We need to get Kenzie!".....

"You get her.  I am not going to lose them now.  If they disapear, who knows where they will show up next and how powerful in numbers it will be then."  I yelled back over the noise of the engines.  It would be up to him what he was going to do.  I knew what I had to do.

Gabe shook his head and checked the road ahead briefly before turning his eyes back to Quinn.  "Sometihng tells me they ain't going nowhere!"  he called back, "Didn't you see the look on Kenzie's face?  Something's up, man, trust me!".....

"Go get her and I will find and follow them.I think they have a hostage, perhaps a priest.  i saw only a bief glimpse of a man in priestly robes with them.  I don't think he was there willingly."

Gabe almost lost control of teh van for a second and swerved it left, then right, "You what?!"  He yelled and then shook his head, "Look Quinn, we have to regroup and work out a new plan.  Seth and his fuckers ain't going nowhere.  They dropped a fucking building on us Quinn, trust me, they ain't gonna run.  Look, I ain't shoutin no more.  Run your chopper up the back and we'll talk as we go."  He nodded into the back of the van and David and Nicholas opened the back doors, shoving out a ramp at the same time.  Gabe pulled ahead and lined up for Quinn to ride his bike straight in.  "Marla, drive for me babe."  he said and the woman shifted across, keeping control of the van so Gabe could get into the back.....

I sigh and slow my chopper.  As the ramp goes down I drive up it and djuck my head as i enter the back.  "We should still be going after them.  Even if they stay in the city, they can disapear and not be found until they are ready."

Gabe stood square just behind the front seats as Quinn rode his bike and he quickly put out his hands to catch the front end and stop him overshooting into the cab.  David and Nick quickly pulled the ramp back in and closed the doors before they pulled wraps from the flooring and secured the bike.  Gabe regarded Quinn closely, "I agree with you."  He said quickly, "But something tells me they ain't bothered none about hiding.  Something's up man, I'm telling you.  Kenzie, when she answered you, it was all wrong.  This priest hostage they got, I think she might have seen him too.  We need to talk to her and find out what the hell she saw.  She might know him.  That gives us an advantage.  No-one can find vamps like Kenzie and me, even if they do go into hiding for a while, we'll find them long before they're ready to come out again.  She's got a sixth sense about this, trust me, she always has had.".....

"You had better be right.  If they begin turning people, they might have an army of themselves before long."  I got of the bike and sat on the floor of the van.  I was still feeling the effects of his little manuver and cursed under my breath as I put my head between my hands.  It was still pounding.  "How is everyone feeling."  I asked to see if anyone else was feeling like I was.

Gabe crouched down as Quinn sat on the floor with his head in his hands, "Better than you, clearly."  He told the man before looking at Nick and David, "I think these two nearly hurled their breakfast though, if that makes you feel any better.  Had me dizzy as fuck too.  How'd you do that shit, Quinn?  We all know you ain't totally human and all, but that was freaking weird.".....

"Don't know.  I only know I can doit with myself without problems.  That seemed to take alot more energy from me then I liked.  The normal vamps can't do it any more so I am told.  They just move faster.  Kind of neat theough eh."

"Fucking awesome more like."  Marla said from the front, but kept her eyes on the road.  Gabe laughed and nodded, "Sure thing."  He said in agreement, but then looked puzzled, "So how come you made Kenzie run for it?"  he asked, "I mean, wasn't she with you?"...

"I thought she was.  She must have moved at the last second when I made my grabe for everyone."  The headach began to subside as did the muscle spasms.  "Don't think I will be doing the group thing again."  I took a few deep breaths and said, "You had better contact her to see what she is up to."

Gabe nodded to Nick, who took out his phone and dialled.  After a few seconds, he shook his head, "She ain't answering."  he said and Gabe shook his head.  "Well, whatever the hell happened back there, it sure as hell spooked her."  he looked to Nick, "Keep trying."  He said and Nick nodded back.  Gabe turned his attention back to Quinn again, "Ok, so let's go over what we know, yeah?"  He said, "Those newbs were armed, which means Seth must have known we was coming.  They don't normally do that kind of thing.  They also rigged the entire building to come down with us in it.  That kind of planning takes time, which means they must have known we would attack them there rather than elsewhere on the compound.  That one you and Kenzie handled in Anna's place, he knew you guys were there, which means someone has been tailing you and her from the beginning.  We know about the set up with Russo.  So, how does all this fit together?"...

I sat there and thought a moment.  "Well lets see.  They knew we were coming, which means they knew we knew where they were."  the I thought of what the one in the club said.  "The one in the club said he had a message for Mac.  Retirement."  then he remembered what Mrs. Lilly and Mac had said about that in their talk.  "I think your boy Russo is pulling the strings, here.  As for them knowing we were coming and that we knew where they were, that means that the Prince has a mole in his court, and might be giving Russo info as well.  Maybe for immunity or something."

Gabe stared at Quinn hard and long at this.  "That's some serious allegations, Quinn."  he said, "Are you absolutely sure?"  It did explain a lot to him though, especially Mackenzie's shell shock after the warehouse......

"Could be that the robed one was one of Russo's boys here in the city.  Might not be a hostage as i at first thought."  Oh the implications of it all if it was true.  The one they Called Bishop Russo might be up to his neck in this.  Church official in league with original vamps.  Now that was earth shattering news.  They finally arrived at the house and I moved to the door and opened it and then made for the house.

Gabe stopped and stared at the door before entering the house.  "Well, she's definitely been here."  he said, nodding to a minute scratch near the lock.  Soon after that, Marla came down the stairs with my kitbag and tipepd it out over the hall table, "And she's emptied her sack too."  She said.  Indeed, I had emptied my kitbag of every weapon I had.  "This ain't no good, Quinn."  Gabe said to the man, "I think she might be going after the priest.".....

"See You should have let me continue after them."  If he had then I would be there when she found them.  Now who knows where they were and where Mac had gone.  "We have to find her and them before they meet up."  I doubted even with her genitic enhancing she would be able to take on all four by herself.

Gabe shook his head, "No, you wouldn't have found her there."  He said, "That's the thing with Kenzie.  She's been designed from the ground up to be everything you can't predict.  I can guarantee you, you think one thing, she'll do something completely different.  even I have trouble keeping up sometimes."  And indeed, I'd left him scratching his bald patch more than once.  "But if I do know one thing about our illustrious leader, she'll start at the beginning.  Where did it all start, Quinn?"....

"Mycrodorma City.  From what she said  she was set up there."  I told him.  "You thinking they will be going there?"  It was possible.  But why go there?

Gabe nodded, "Ok, so we go back to the beginning with her."  He said, "And we follow what she leaves behind for us.  One way or another, she will lead us to the priest and to Seth.  But we're gonna need help.  She knows how we work better than we do, and she can predict us in almost anything.  This Prince of yours, would he be willing to sick his neck out a second time for you?"....

"Well we took down four of them, and his lycans survived.  I saw them moving away from the demolished warehouse.  So yeah i would say so.  He doesn't want his position jepordized by these originals.  What do you have in mind?"   I was already dialing the number.

"Something totally crazy."  Gabe said with a smile...

I got the Prince on the phone and informed him of what had happened.  "Shit man, they took the whole place down?"
"Yeah almost on us as well but we got out.  Need your help again.  Got some one here that will explain it all."  I handed the phone to Gabe.

Gabe took the phone and lifted an eyebrow at the response.  "Uh yeah."  He said to the Prince, "Thanks, I guess.  Look, our little redhead has disappeared and we need your help to find her.  She knows how we work, so if we do it, she'll just up and vanish again.  Basically, um, Sire, I need your best trackers to stay on her ass for us and lead us to the coven you want gone.  You willing to help out on it?".....

The Prince laughed, "Now this is a first.  Church Hunters asking for our help.  Must be one for the record books, but will be glad to help, only if you leave us alone and keep us off the Church's hit list.  Do that and I will have the trackers out there in the quick and have our boys in blue looking for that nice bike she is riding.   Damn had a feeling she was one of you guys when Quinn brought her up.  But she was to damn good looking to be one of you guys."

Gabe worked his jaw a little at the continuing compliments, but also the conditions.  "There ain't much I can do, um, Sire.  I'm just the dumb grunt that gets sent out and I doubt after this little stunt, we'll be getting sent out again very often.  Doing this, we're kinda screwing the bossman big time and he ain't likely to forgive so easy.  All I can promise you is that when your name does hit the desk, I'll bury it as deep as I can for as long as I can."  he looked to Quinn and grinned, "Yeah, she's got him a goodun too.  Look, whatever we are and whatever you are, it don't matter no more.  We all got a common problem and believe me, it ain't Seth.  You understand that if she tags on what we're doing, she's likely to fix those heavy greens right on all of us, right?".....

"Well that will have to do, but as you know of us and your boss doesn't your word on the matter of not letting your boss know or anyone else will do.  I want to keep my people safe.  Trackers on route and her bike was seen heading out of the city towards Mycrodorma City."    It seemed his people in the PD were very good.  I would have to remember that.

Gabe nodded, "Thanks, um, Prince."  He said quickly and then handed the phone back to Quinn, "Good guy him."  he said, "Already got a track on Kenzie for us.  Heading towards Mycrodorma.  Where did it all start there?"  He nodded to Marla, "So we can get straight there and get started."....

"Probably the church there and the padre."  I said.  It would be the start.  The padre was probably giving her the information on the fake incursion.  He might be in league with Russo or even be the priest that was with them.  "Time to Gear up and move it."  back on the phone with the Prince, "Thanks."  I tell him.  "If your going to Mycrodorma City you won't get there before her on that bike.  it will still take her hours to get there but I can get you theire in only a few.  Head to the airport, I have my private jet there.  i will inform the pilot and have a flight plan made.  You can be in the air in an hour."  I chuckle and thank him again before hanging up.  "To the airport.   We can be there ahead of her."

Gabe nodded and looked to Marla.  "On it."  She said, "Hang onto your nuts!"  And she swng the van around with such force, it began to tip.  Then, slamming her foot down on the accelerator, the van sped towards the airport.  "I hope your Prince can get that plane ready by the time we get there, she's alrady had more than an hour's head start on us and that black beauty is faster than you think."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:28 pm

"It is not that fast. Even at the max speed of that bike it will take her hours to get there, not to mention any stops she has to make along the way. We will be there in a couple hours in the jet. Hopefully there and at the church when she gets there." I hoped I was right.

Then I wondered something and asked it outloud. "Alright now why would she take off by herself, without you guys and me? Your a team are you not?" About that time the blue and red lights flashed behind them and the siren of the cop car began whining. But the cop did not try to pull us over but gunned the engine and got in front of us and Marla could see him waving them to follow. The cop gunned the engine again pulling away. I laugh, "Pedal to the metal Marla."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Marla initially made to pull over when she saw the light and blushed deeply, thinking she was about to be fined for speeding, but then the cop car carried on and started waving for them to follow. "Way cool!" she said and pushed her foot harder into the floor. The van reached it's maximum speed and stayed there.

Gabe regarded Quinn carefully and looked at the team before back at him. He took a deep breath and sat back to enjoy the insane ride. "She's protecting us." He said, "Or she thinks she is. When something gets under her skin, she deals with it the only way she knows how. Normally, we'd hang back and let her get on with it, but with everything else going on and whoever she saw with Seth, I can't let her handle it alone."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:12 pm

The cop escorted them all the way to the airport and through to the private hangers. The jet was outside the hanger, engines running and the pilot and co pilot standing by the open hatch. I was the first out of the van and I gave a salute to the cop who smiled and drove off. "Ready to take off when you are all aboard." the pilot said and he and the copilot entered the plane and cockpit.

I grabbed everything off my bike I needed and boarded the plane. When all was aboard the hatched was drawn up and secured and the plane began taxing down the tarmac to the runway. The pilot was on the radio with the tower and he turned to look back at us. "Fasten your seat belts, we have clearance to take off."

The jet moved faster as it moved out onto the runway and then stopped as its engines revied up. The wine of the engines intensified and then it shot forward and gained speed. Be fore we knew it we were lifting off into the air and the landing gear could be heard retracting. On the PA system the captains voice came back, "Arrival in 2 hours and fifteen minutes."

"Excellent." I said. "We will arrive at least three hours ahead of her, and maybe even ahead of our quary." He looked over at Marla and laughed. "You like this prefrerancal treatment?"

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Marla nodded without hesitation, "Hell yeah!" She said, lounging back in the seat to enjoy the comfort. "This is so much better than Order transport!"
"I agree, but don't get too used to it." Gabe said with caution before he looked to Quinn. "All this will end as soon as Seth is dead and Quinn here gets paid, right?" He meant nothing malicious in his statement, it was just plain truth and something he dealt with daily, so saying it didn't take any effort. As the rest of the team made themselves comfortable, Gabe moved over to Quinn to speak more privately.

"Tell me something." He said as he sat down, "And you can tell me to fuck off or whatever, but why are you still helping us, helping Kenzie?" He was curious as to why Quinn was still with them if technically, they weren't his problem anymore. More that I wasn't his problem anymore. "Not that I'm ungrateful or anything to you and your Prince guy, I'm just curious is all."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I laugh at his question. "I tell you what, when I figure that one out, I'll tell you." I didn't even now why I was there and helping. I could have left them behind and tried to deal with the originals myself. But hell, it was interesting to have a team to work with. One that was competent and organized. But that was not the real reason. II could have told him that and he more then likely would have bought it.

He felt it had to do with Mac more then anything else. Oh they had issues alright but the last day was a hell of a lot better then the first. She had been down right nice to him and everything and he had begun to wonder about things that he figured was not possible. But then Gabe had said she liked him. Now that threw him for a loop for sure. But hell it looked as if she did. But like he told Gabe when he fully figured it out he would tell him.

"You know in the private sector....." he chuckled. "I travel like this at times. When I have to be places quick or across country. Can't stand commercial. All that red tape to just take weapons along in the baggage. This is simpler and more comfortable as well." He grinned.

questor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next