The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All In The Game

2 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

All In The Game - Page 14 Empty Re: All In The Game

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Krell was not going anywhere. He would stay with her even if it ment through the next jump. He sat down on the edge of the bed and bent down and kissed her cheek. "I will stay." he told her softly. He then moved down and took her boots off and then finished taking her flight suit off to make her more comfortable.

Back on the bridge of the Raven the bridge crew continued to watch the Star Destroyer break apart and the ship yard along with it. They had not seen the death of Kai, only the success of Krell and Serenity in destroying a monster ship that would have devestated worlds. There was alot of cheering and celebrating going on. When Jenkins called over to the Phoenix to share the Raven's joy, was when he found out about Kai. The sober look on his face made the bridge crew fall silent. When he told them what had happened the smiles and cheers ceased.

Jenny cried in her room. She had not known Kai that long but had admired the man. He had been a Diamond Dog. She was now a Diamond Dog and she felt the loss. "Fear not young one, he will never truely be gone." came the voice again. She sat up and looked around the room. "He will be with you and the others. Once you come you will be trained to see and talk to him." The Friendly voice also came to Serenity. "Fear not child, he is not truely gone. Only his physical body is. Rest and ease your mind. You need to train in the way of the force if you are to defeat the emperor and the admiral and go against the greater danger that threatens both empire and republic."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Serenity helped Krell remove her flight suit and boots. Well, more that she simply lifted her legs to let him do it for her. She was much more comfortable after though and settled down in the bed to sleep. As she drifted off, she reached out and pulled Krell to her, wanting to curl up in his arms. She knew he wouldn't leave her. Sleep didn't quite make it, but a kind of peace took over that allowed her to cat-nap as it were. In the back of her mind, she could feel Jenny crying in her own grief. The girl had not known him much, but she had respected him. That was enough.

As she napped in Krell's arms, she felt a strange voice in her head. It was the same voice she had heard before. The same one she had shared with Jenny. He told her what she needed to hear, or so she believed. Kai was not gone, only his body had gone. But then the tone turned more serious. She needed to train if she wanted to defeat the Empire. And a greater danger. What greater danger? Serenity stirred in Krell's arms and opened her eyes again. Their next jump would take them into Empire territory. She couldn't train in that time, not for what the voice was telling her about.

Forcing the sickness into the back of her mind, Serenity rose from the bed and went back to her computer pads. She took out the one with the information for Yavin on it and re-read the file. "Krell." She said, "I can't go with you into the Core just yet." Her eyes met his and she held up the pad for him to see. "A few days ago, I had a weird dream of a man dressed in the old religious garb. He spoke to me. Told me I had to come to him. Me and Jenny. She had the dream too, exactly the same." She made her way back to Krell. "I think he's Jedi, or something very close to it." She sat down again and handed him the pad. "I've heard his voice again, just now. He told me I need to train before we can beat the Emperor and the Admiral. He says there is a greater danger that threatens everything. Empire and Rebublic alike." Slowly, she shook her head, "So I can't go with you, at least not if you and the Professor can't wait for those artifacts."

With a sigh, Serenity moved from the bed again and went over to her locker. She took out the light saber and studied it in some detail. "I have to go to Yavin with Jenny. I don't know why this makes sense, but it does." She looked at Krell again, hoping he would understand. "Do you think you could let me go? I don't know how long it will take to find the old man, or how long we will have to stay there. But I believe he's right about the Empire. We can't defeat them until we've trained.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:32 pm

He had been laying there holding her in his arms, hoping that she would sleep. But something seemed to disturb her and she rose to go to her desk and retrieve a data pad. When she came back to the bed with it she showed it to him and began explaining. He looked at her and shook his head. "I was never one for hoky and mystical religions. Always trusted a good blaster. But knowing what I have learned the last few weeks.........." he drew her to him and kissed her.

"Training eh." he asked. She did have some thing. According to what the emperor belived, she was decendent from a Jedi and a Sith Lord. "Jenny?" he rememberd her saying she to had to go. "She had the same vision?" then it hit him. Her ability to sence what to do before she was told. He smiled and shook his head. "Well now. Where does this man want the two of you to go?" he took the data pad and looked it over. "Yavin?" The site of the first Death Star's destruction. Not many these days did not know of that. Alot of the history of the old empire and the old Republic had been surpressed from the time of the empire's defeat.

She thought who ever it was that was sending her these visions was a Jedi. They had been wiped out in the struggle to destroy the empire. The last had been insturmental in destroying both death stars and the old emperor that had been a Sith Lord. But that was over a hundred years ago. He held her close to him, "I told you that I would not hold you back or force you to stay planet bound. I am a man of my word my love and if this is what you need to do then you must do it. But not alone you will you go." he said softly. "You will probably be taking the Jezzabel so you can take a couple others with you as well. It will put my mind at ease alot more if you do."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Serenity studied the pad for a while longer and then looked up at Krell. Silently, she thanked him for continuing to uphold his promise. Still, she felt like she was letting him down somewhat. Ducking out of the mission like this. When he mentioned taking some of the others with her, Serenity shook her head. "No." She told him quietly, "Only Jenny and me will be going. It doesn't feel right to take anyone with us like that. I know you would feel happier someone else coming along too, but I think this is something we have to do on our own. Besides, the old man might not like strangers turning up when he was only expecting us. No. We'll go alone. If he is what I believe him to be, it's best he remains secret anyway." She got up from the bed and moved across the room.

After a few minutes, Serenity put the data pad down again and turned back to Krell. "With the destroyer being here, it's likely the Void has moved on to new territory, so it seems you won't need me to lead you through. The next jump will take you into the Core, so it would be best, I think, to part company here. Yavin is only a few days away at light speed and if we don't find anything, it won't take us long to catch up." She looked down at her feet. "If we do find something.... then I don't know how long we will have to stay. I'll take a comm node with me. We won't be able to talk, but I can send you updates through it. I'm sure you'd want to keep up to date on the baby and all." Just then, a knock came to her door. "That'll be Jenny." She said, somehow knowing ther girl would have come here after hearing the voice.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:02 pm

It bothered him that she would not take a couple more people with her. But he knew her all to well. She was stubbron and strong willed. When the knock came at the door, he opened it and sure enough it was Jenny. She looked at Krell and tried to smile. She looked a bit frightened and he couldn't blame her. Getting strange visions and hearing a mans voice in her head would be enough to frighten any one. "Don't worry." he told her, "Serenity will be there with you and she will kick anybodys ass that might bother you." he grinned.

She had a bag with her that had clothes in it. She looked over at Serenity. Do you know who this man is?" she asked.

"Well if you ask me, I would say it is the last Jedi. If it is who I think it is, he is over a hundred years old. He was responsible for the destruction of the First Death Star and helped destroy the second one along with the emperor of the old empire." Jenny looked up at him a questioning look on her face. "The Death Stars were huge spacestations that had a large weapon capable of destroying an entire planet. This Jedi was the last of his kind. The Jedi order never again rose, as the new republic didn't want them, didn't think they needed them any more."

"How do you know all of this?" Jenny asked.

He sighed. "Long ago I had access to hidden archives of data that was locked away from everyone but a select few. I read extensively and learned alot." he moved back over to Serenity and took her again into his arms and held her tight. "You best let Mac know that the two of you are going to be gone. I'll explain things to him after you two are gone."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Serenity simply stood there while Krell and Jenny talked. For some strange reason, he was saying to the girl nothing really that she didn't already know, or at least feel in her heart. Eventually though, she was forced to open her mouth. "I wouldn't bother about Mac." She offered, "He won't hear anything he don't wanna. He already knows I'm leaving. He wouldn't have told you to settle me otherwise. That whole thing about everything else can wait. He means this." She moved back to her locker and packed a few clothes. "Kai dying is just a trigger to something bigger and the old man; he knows it. He's known it for a long time. He knew Kai was the only thing in my life keeping me straight. If he were gone, that would be it for me. The bitch would live, but the Dogs would die with him. That was the way it was." A small, empty smile curled the corner of her mouth as she slung the duffle onto her bed. "I never thunk it would happen this way though. Guess you can't know everythign in the 'verse."

Moving across into her bathroom, Serenity picked up a few items and took them back to the bed. "Mac understands. He knows that when you gotta go, you gotta go and he knows what to do when it happens. He's been in this life longer than any of us and seen it happen time after time and again." The smile grew as she tied up the duffle. "He won't let ya down though, I can promise you that much. He may be an old fart, and I mean really old, but he ain't lost his touch." Looking to Jenny briefly, Serenity smiled. "Time for you to say goodbye to that young galley rat you been flirtin' with, Kiddo. You ain't gonna be seein' him for a while." Jenny didn't seem to move, just stare with a raised eyebrow. "It means fuck off Kid while I kiss my fella." Jenny seemed to get the idea and smiled sarcastically as she closed the door behind her.

Serenity moved across to Krell and quietly put her arms around his waist. "Whatever it takes." She said, "Just leave a little for me to play with, ok?" She looked into his eyes and tried to smile. "Gods, I miss him already. And I'm gonna miss you too.".......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:04 am

Krell kissed her deeply. He was going to miss her and he had no idea of how long she would be gone. The Dimaond Dogs were basicly no more now. Mac would captain the Phoenix until Serenity got back. After that who knows what might happen. From the sound of it he wondered if she would still want to be the captain. But that would be up to her. "Well we had best be getting the two of you down to the Jezzabell. The sooner you get there and get this training of yours done the sooner you will be back."

He grabbed her bag and carried it. She was more composed now, having gotten it all out of her system persay. They walked past the crew now and though they had lost one of Diamond Dogs they went on about their business, for they had to. Jenny followed behind them, still a little nervous but ready for anything. She was with Serenity, her role model, though now she could sence how human she was and like her nervious and how she felt about Krell.

Once they reached the Jezzabell, "Keep in touch. Once we find what we are looking for I will be making a trip to Yavin myself." He held up a hand to stop her protesting. "I would like to meet this Jedi myself." he smiled and caressed the side of her face with a hand.

On Yavin in one of the old temples that had long ago been converted into the rebel base, the lone figure walked about it and around an old X wing fighter. There was a beebing sound from under the fighter. "Yes R2 they are coming. We must prepare some quarters for them." He removed the hood from his cloak to reveal a handsome face and a head full of grey hair. "It is time for the Jedi to once again rise."

A shimmering form appeared before the old man. "Do you think it wise. They are both tainted with the Dark Side."

"I do not hold to that old feelings about the Jedi and Sith Lord's children. Perhaps it was ment to be but the hatered of the Sith blinded the Jedi Order to the fact that the two could merge into one. If two could put aside their hatred of each other, love each other, then how could that be wrong."

The shimmering form of an elderly man in the same type clothing as the old man wore shook his head. "We will see my friend. But be careful."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:11 am

Serenity stood at the docking hatch of the Jezzabel and stared up at her for a moment. They had seen some adventures together. Her eyes then moved back to Krell and she tried to smile. It was strained at best. "I'll send you regular updates through the node." She told him quietly, "And progress reports on the baby. But I don't know when we'll be able to see you again. I don't know how long it will take te old man to do what he needs for us." She then looked around the shuttle bay, hoping to see Rahma before they left. She knew that word would get to him quickly. Sadly though, it seemed he didn't get the word soon enough. Serenity opened the bay door to the Jezzabel and threw her bag onto the ramp. "Tell Rahma......" She swallowed hard, "Tell him... That I'm sorry." Just then...

"Tell me yourself!" Rahma arrived in a sprint in the shuttle bay and quickly made his way to Serenity. She spun around and almost started crying again. "Did you really think I'd let you leave again without saying goodbye?"
Serenity moved quickly to ehr brother and hugged him tight. "I'm so sorry Ra." She told him, "I don't want to leave you behind again, but I have to."
Rahma hugged his sister tightly and closed his eyes, "You're not leaving me behind." He replied smoothly, "You're just walking a path I can't follow, that's all." He moved her back and cupped her face. "But I know that you'll come back, so I'm not gonna fight with you over it." He smiled down at her and then turned his eyes to Jenny. The look in his eyes seemed to show that he knew what was happening. He let Serenity go and moved over to the young girl.

"Ever since we were kids, I knew there was something special about my sister. Something that I coudn't share with her." He said to the girl. "And the reason for that was that I wasn't meant to. Somewhere deep down, I always knew that she wasn't alone, there was someone else out there that was like her." He crouched down a little and smiled at Jenny. "I believe that person is you. The way you handle things, the way you can read people and predict them. If I didn't know better, I'd say that you were the twin she was meant to have, Jenny." He reached back in his coat and took out his light saber. It was identical to Serenity's in every way. He looked at it for a moment, took a deep breath, then held it out to her. "That being the case, I think this belongs to you. I think Father gave it to me to look after until you came along." He pushed it into her hands ad then stood up straight again. He looked to Serenity and smiled. "You be careful." He ordered, actually pointing a finger at her. "I want you, Jenny and my niece or nephew back in one piece, understand?"

Serenty stared at her brother in sheer confusion. "Niece or nephew?" She asked, "Ra.. how..?"
Rahma laughed and pulled Serenity to him, hugging her again. "Don't be stupid Ren." he said, "I knew from the moment it happened. I'm your twin, I feel everything you feel. Well, most of it." He kissed her cheek, then looked to Krell. He gave an understanding and respectful smile, then backedoff to let his sister and Jenny leave.

Serenity smiled to her brother and Krell, then pulled Jenny onto the ramp with her. "Pretty soon, you'll know how to use that as good as me, if not better." She offered, nodding her head at the light saber. "And look after it, that's a piece of real history."

The ramp began to close and Serenity took her place in the captain's chair to prep for launch......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:37 pm

As the hatch closed, Krell took Rama by the arm and exited the cargo bay so it could be deperessurized. He gave Rama a pat on the back and a smile and then headed to the shuttle bay where he climbed back aboard the fighter. He was gone in a moment and heading back to the Raven as he watched the Jezzabell leave the Phoenix and head out into space. He spoke into the comm, "Mac prepare to make the next jump. It will be in the middle of the Core of the Empire and we might have to do a bit of fighting before we can make the next jump into the New Republic."

He slid the fighter into the Raven's shuttle bay and was on his way to the bridge before one knew it. He tried pushing the thought of Serenity being out there alone with just Jenny from his mind but it nagged at him. "All hands, prepare for jump. Next stop the Core and......." he remembered reading something, "May the force be with us." he nodded to the pilot and navagator and the ship leapt into hyperspace.

He bussied himself the next couple of days making rounds of the ship, checking and rechecking systems. Word had spread that Serenity had taken off somewhere and only Krell knew where. They all knew how they felt about each other and that where ever she had gone it was preying on his mind. But soon he was back on the bridge preparing for the drop from hyperspace. "Battle Stations." he said as he hit the comm button. The Phoenix was right beside the Raven. Mac's image was on his view screen and he was giving the same orders. "Keep your fingers crossed Mac. We don't want to jump into the middle of the whole damn imperial navy."

Both ships dropped out of hyperspace a good distance on the far side of Imperium's solar system. Nothing was detected close to them and the long range sensors told them that the ships they didn't want to meet up with were all around Imperium. But they could be upon them in no time. "Move us slowly away from the system." he told the pilot.

Yavin was a jungle world, filled with wild life. Giant birds flew through the sky and lumberous giant beasts roamed the jungle. Through the jungle folliage the step pyrimids loomed. On top of one of them a lone figure stood, dressed in black. "Land your ship in the pyrimid. You will find that it was converted to a hanger of sorts long ago." came his voice in the minds of Jenny and Serenity.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:08 pm

With both Serenity and Jenny gone, Mac was left witha pilot that was standard at best. He was upset that she was gone and angry that she had left without saying where. Krell knew, but he wasn't saying a word about it. The old man felt hard dealt by that. He had been with Serenity over a decade. It wasn't fair. Still, he didn't have the time or patience to brood over it, he had a rather large and forboding mistress to command.

During the hyper jump, Mac arranged a small wake with the intention that only he, Rat and Slyder would be there. However, word soon got around and the entire crew turned out to wish Kai well. The crew had not been together long, but it was clear that Kai had left a deep and lasting impression on them all. And so, instead of losing his temper, somethign he was already quite famous for, Mac took the opportunity to mingle with the crew and get to know them all individually. After that, he adjusted all the shift rotas to compensate for the missing three. The last thing he did was hand his rank over to Reese. Despite an excellent engineering team, Reese had showed something unique and special mechanically and he felt the boy deserved the chance to prove it. He did explain clearly though that the rank was temporary and once Serenity had returned, he wanted his old job back.

The Phoenix came out of hyperspace neatly behind the Raven and Mac bellowed his orders as they came up to the port side. "Check for anything Imperial!" He ordered, "And keep your guard up!" There was nothing close enuogh to worry about, but they had still landed too close to Imperium for Mac's liking. "Move us about and take us away from the system." He ordered the pilot, "Nice and easy."

Once at what he considered a safe distance again, Mac ordered the engines reset. Coming out of hyperspace, he had felt a shudder that he didn't like. Reese waxs quick to jump on it and it was sorted in a matter of hours. While that was happening, Mac took a shuttle over to the Raven to talk with Krell abuot the next jump and a few other things. Mostlt though, he wanted to know what was happening with Serenity.

"I just want to know where she's gone." He said to Krell as he paced around the desk. "It doesn't feel right that she would just flip off somewhere like this. It's like she's run out on us and I don't think it's fair that only you should know where and why. She didn't even say goodbye to us. Rahma told me he didn't know where she had gone either, but he knew something and wouldn't tell me. What's going on Krell?" The odl man took a seat the other side of the desk and rubbed his temples before continuing. "And one other thing. Serenity had been acting real strange before she left too. Cook told me she hadn't been down to eat with the rest of the crew and her hydrapacks were barely touched. Her data pads were full of weird info that I couldn't understand and there was a file on one of them that was voice coded to her and the doctor only. I think she was gonna tell me when she got back from that run with the destroyer, but she never did. I need to know Krell, is Serenity sick?" It was clear the old man was worried for her as well as angry that she had dumped on him like this......

Yavin -

"Prepare landing struts!" Serenity called as she navigated her way over the dense jungle. She had seen the pyramids tipping the tree tops and heard the old man's voice in her mind again. She spotted him stood atop one in particular and made for that. "Easy." She breathed, "Easy now." The entrance to the hanger was tight to say the least, made for shuttles and fighters, not ships the size of the Jezzabel. She couldn't help but scrap the wing somewhat. "Dammit!" She looked across at Jenny, "Mac will kick my ass for that."
"Before or after he's skinned me for it?" Jenny replied before she looked out into the hanger. "Looks deserted to me."
Serenity smiled as she rose from her chair and pulled her coat on, "Not in the slightest." She said, "He's there, he just doesn't want us to see him yet." Then, just as she was about to leave the bridge, she stopped and squinted a little. "Is that...? It can't be!" She laughed, "It is! That's an old X-Wing fighter, complete with R unit!"
"Huh?"
Serenity laughed again and moved off the bridge, encouraging Jenny to follow her, "X-Wings were the old fighter ships." She began, "They had two modes for extra maneuverability. The wings would open or close depending on each mode. With the wings closed, it was faster, but with them open, it was more agile, designed for dogfighting mostly. The systems were crude on them, so they used to connect a robotic unit behind the cockpit to speed things up a little. The units were called R units, usually given a specific numer code to identify them."
"How do you know that?" Jenny asked.
"I saw one once in a museum my Dad took us to. It didn't work anymore and the R unit had long run out of energy. It was coded R4T9. Both the fighter and the unit were well over a hundred years old, but at the time, they were a pinacle of engineering. The R unit had AI systems so it could operate independantly."
"Wow, that's cool. So were they like a forerunner to the droids around now?" Jenny asked as she followed Serenity.
"Kinda, yeh. They were the base model to the ones that you see in the hangers now. The other robotics though were down to another type. Protocol droids I think. If I get the chance, I'll take you to Naboo, to the museum there and show you some of the old droids and stuff, or better yet, I'll take you across to Tattoine and you can buy one in scrap form to build for yourself. They're pretty easy to fix, really simple."
Jenny grinned ear to ear, "Brilliant!"

The pair exitted the Jezzabel and took a quick look around before making their way to the X-Wing. Serenity couldn't help herself. To find one out here in working order was amazing and the R unit was truly astounding. "R2D2." She said, reading the coding. Then, it beeped at her, "Wow!" She squeeked, "This is soo cool!" She watched the unit light up and beep, utterly bemused by it and then backed up a step as it thrust out the forward leg and moved......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:19 am

Once they were out of a safer distance from long range sensors, Krell returned to his quarters. Mac showed up wanting to know where Serenity had taken off to and why and also why she was acting so strangely. Krell opened up a drawer on his desk and pulled out a bottle of some strong drink and two glasses. He poured them both a stout glass full and pushed one over to Mac.

"Remember the little talk Serenity and I had with the govenor of that star system?" he looked over at the man to see if he was following the train of thought. "Well we discovered some interesting information from him, about Serenity's family history." Mac was old enough perhaps to remember something about the stories of the Jedi but perhaps even he had not heard of them so surpressed was the everything. "Bear with me if you will and I will try to explain." he took a sip of the firery liquid. "Long ago there were two groups, Orders more to the point. One was called the Jedi and the Other the Sith. Both had the ability to use the Force....... an energy field that surrounds everything and binds everything together int he universe. Being able to do this gave them great powers. The Jedi used it to help people, while the Sith used it to conqure and enslave."

Taking another drink he watched Mac to see if what he was telling him was begining to sink in. "Long ago a Jedi and a Sith Lord some how fell in love and had children. To both Orders this was an abmonination and I think you can imagine what they did. Well some how the children surrvived and Serenity and Jenny are decendents of those children. Jenny is probably a distant Cousin of Serenity or perhaps closer. Both of them have had visions the last few days. Visions of a man, Serenity thinks is a Jedi. Both have gone to him for training. Training to use the abilities and powers they both possess. How long they will be gone, I don't know. But they will be back."

He drank the rest of his drink and poured himself another. "Now for the other part you want to know." He smiled broadly, "By the time she gets back I think she will definately be showing and it will be hard to hide it from anyone." he watched Mac's face to see if there was a glimmer of understanding before he came out and said it. "She is pregnent with our child. And I think under the circumstances we are in right now, where she is is probably better off for her with this."

Yavin

As both Serenity and Jenny emerged fromt he Jezzabell and approached the X Wing, the droid began beeping and moved forward towards them. "Do not be alarmed." came the mans voice, "R2 is just welcoming you in his own way. Soon you will be able to understand him as I do." the man stepped out of the shadows and walked under the X Wing. As he did another form appeared as a shimmering one. This was an elderly man with a beard and dressed somewhat like the old man but lighter in colors.

"They are to old to be trained." the shimmering form spoke.

"Now where did I hear that one before." The old man grinned. "Yet here I am, a Jedi Master. Yoda was wrong and so are you old friend. The Jedi were wrong about alot of things and I think I have discovered the truth." he turned to Serenity and Jenny. "I am Luck Skywalker, last of the Jedi and this....." he waved a hand to the shimmering figure, "is Obi Wan. Once a Jedi, now part of the force. Come you must be tired from your journey and your condition." Luke smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Mac downed his drink and contemplated things for a moment. He put the empty glass on the desk and then stared at Krell. What was going through the other man's mind was at best, guesswork. What was going through Mac's was quite clear the minute he opened his mouth. "You're actually quite serious about this, aren't you." He said, "And you expect me to believe that?" He got out of the chair and began pacing again. "You mean to tell me that some weird ghost of a guy told Ren and Jenny to go train with him to use... what is you called it? The Force?" He shook his head slightly. "Look, I know as well as anyone that Serenity has certain.... traits, intuitions of a manner, but Jedi?" He shook his head again. "They were dead and gone before even my Pappy was a twitch in his Daddy's nuts. There ain't no way they can be around now. Not unless they can rise up like damned daisies."

The old man apced a while longer and then almost glared at Krell. "As for her being up the creek, well, I'm telling you now, I don't like that one darned bit. True, she's better off out of this, but lettin her go off alone like that? With just a damned kid to back her up? Dammit man, you should have sent her back to Haven where she'd be safe and looked after! Not let her go off to some weird fella and a kid in towe! What were you thinking man?!" He put his palms flat on the desk top and stared at Krell. "She neesd to be safe back in Haven, Krell and if youwere any kind of caring father, you wouldn't have hesitated. She's headstrong, stubborn, sure, but she would have done it. She would have gone back."

Mac had the sudden question to whom he was trying to convince. Himself, or Krell. Serenity was more than stubborn and headstrong. She was downright impossible most of the time. The old man sat back down and rubbed his temples again.......

Yavin -

The second Serenity felt movement, she backed up and pulled Jenny behind her. Her blaster came out less than a second later and she pointed it directly at the shadow before he'd even finished talking. Then the figure emerged fully and showed his face to them. Serenity slowly lowered her blaster and gave a nod of recognition. "You're the man from my dream." She said as another form appeared beside him, a ghost of sorts. Serenity was highly unnerved.

They were too old to be trained. Serenity would have shot the ghost if she knew it wuold have done any good. To old indeed! However, happenstance had it that the real guy interjected and almost seemed to argue with the ghost.
"Well, now I seen everything." Jenny whispered.
"I doubt that." Serenity replied just as quietly.

The physical man introduced himself, along with the ghost at his side and Serenity put her blaster away. She was still in edge though. "You probably know already," she began, "But I'm Serenity Diamond, lead bitch of the Diamond Dogs and hunted pirate. This is Jenny, my prodigy and probably cousin of some kind. And just to let you know, I have no condition. I'm pregnant, not sick." She picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder. She encouraged Jenny to do the same, but made it clear descretely to keep behind her in case things turned sour. She didn't trust this man, his droid, or his ghost just yet.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:21 am

(added a bit more to this post)
Luke chuckled as he lead the two further into the pyrimid to what had been made into quarters of sorts. "When this pyrimid had been 'remodled' to form a base for the rebellion, they tried to make it as comfortable as possible. But of course that was over a hundred years ago. Once you have settled in you may find me atop of the pyrimid. I find it an ideal place to meditate. You will find a door way just down the corridor here that leads out side and to a broad set of steps that go all the way to the top and the bottom of the pyrimid. I am sure you probably have many questions." he smiled at both of them. "I know you do not trust me. A stranger, offering you training. But I assure you I am not your enemy but I know who is and I am willing to help you fight them."

He left the two women and walked down the corriodor the small Droid following behind. The ghost like figure had vanished when Luke had escorted them to their quarters. As he walked the figure again appeared. "Do you think you can train them?" Obi Wan asked.

"Yes I do. Being the decendents of a powerful Jedi and Sith Lord i sence they already have much of what they need within them. If the two had lived and raised their children, I am sure that there would have been little training required. I think that their knowledge and skills were passed on to their children and if the Jedi had been allowed to marry they would have passed their abilities on to their children, much like some races have the ability to pass on knowledge and learning."

"An interesting concept.... if true." Obi Wan commented. But you know the Sith are again making plans for both the empire and republic. Already they have wormed their way into the Emperor's favor. They are manipulating him into doing what they want."

"Yes I know old friend. That is why it is imperitive that these two be trained and sent to deal with the Sith. Yet I feel something else yet can not identify it. It is strong but to I feel these two are involved in it as well."

"Becareful my friend." Obi Wan told Luke. "Even those of us now apart of the force can not see the future that well. It is every changing and clouded."

Imperium about the time of the Star Destroyer's destruction

Two figures walked down a corridor. They were dressed in black from head to toe, thier features covered by hooded cloaks. Everyone that passed them seemed not to notice them, as if they were not even there. "So easily manipulated." one spoke. "The fool of an admiral does not suspect anything. He has no idea of where the the materials came from for his Star Destroyer."

Suddenly both stopped. "Did you feel that! Something has happened."

"Yes I felt it. A great disturbance in the force" the other spoke. His voice was much younger sounding.

"Go! Take the ship and go to the secret ship yard." the older one ordered

"Yes Master." the second said and turned to retrace his steps.

The other one stood there a moment as if searching for something, then hurried off.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:08 am

Serenity dumped her satchel in her room and then turned about as Luke left her alone with Jenny. She waited in silence until the man had gone and then nodded at Jenny to stay put. "I'll be back in a few." She whispered, then made for the door.

Keeping a good distance, Serenity relied on her intuitions to know what was going on. Luke and the ghost Obi Wan were talking again as they wandered down the corridor. Serenity listened as best she could and kept herself out of sight. The discussion was defniitely worth it, but very confusing at the same time. The Sith still existed and were involved with the Emperor. She and Jenny were going to be sent to deal with them. Serenity felt a little pissed at that, as though they didn't even have a choice in the matter. Whatever was going on though, she and the girl were in it too. Serenity suddenly had a million more questions to join the many millions she already had. The most prominent being, what did it have to do with the mission and the artifacts? What about the destroyer? And why was the Emperor after her specifically? Was this all connected somehow?

Serenity waited a little longer and then went back to her quarters. Jenny was waiting, eager to know what was going on. Serenity sat down on the rather comfortable bed and took out a data pad. "Something is definitely off." She said to the girl.
"What do you mean?" Jenny asked.
Serenity shook her head, "I'm not sure exactly. I've got more questions than ever about this." She tapped a few times on the pad and then put it down. "The old man and the ghost were talking about the Sith and the Emperor. He said it was important that we deal with it. We're being trained to fight them, I think."
Jenny's eyebrows touched her hairline, "The Sith?" She squeeked, "But aren't they even more dangerous than the Empire?"
"More than you could ever know Kiddo." Serenity replied. She then felt the impression Jenny wanted to go home at that point. "Relax." She offered, "I'm ot gonna get us into anything that will get us killed, ok?"
Jenny nodded.
"I'm gonna send what I know to Krell, see if any of this makes any sense to him, or the Professor. I doubt those two will tell us so soon.".......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:17 am

Luke stood on the top of the pyramid, looking out over the jungle. It had been a very long time since he was there last. He had been young, foolish, brash and reackless, and just a beginer in the use of the force. But that had been enough to save the rebels and destroy the Death Star. He had doubts at first but then mastered the force and used it again to help defeat the emperor, who had turned out to be a Sith Lord, and turn his father back to good side of the forth, before he died.

He felt the uncertainty of Serenity and Jenny. Like him they were mixed up in something that seemed they had been destined to be a part of. How he wished Yoda and Obi Wan could actually be there to help him as they had when he first began. He decended back down to their rooms and said. "Come we begin your training. Simple things first, use of the light sabers and a practice droid." he lead them to the large open hanger like room. He opened a box and took out the spherical droid that had small stun like lasers. It floated in the air turning here and there. "Now try to deflect the lasers with your light sabers.

Jenny looked at him and then the light saber that Serenity had given her. She found the button that activated it. A bright blue blade of light extended from the end and she smiled. Moving it around she heard the humming sound as it moved through the air. She looked over at Serenity then back at Luke. "It is an elegant weapon, one of the Jedi. Not as clumbsy as a blaster." he grinned. Obiwan had told him that long ago. "First you Jenny. I know that Serenity has some knowledge of it already."

He moved the droid over towards Jenny. She placed both hands on the lightsaber's handle and watched the droid. It fired and hit her in the arm causing her to yelp. "Reach out with your mind. Streach out your feelings and feel the force." Luke said calmly and the droid moved here and then there, Jenny watching it, moving the lightsaber before her, keeping it between her and the droid. She half closed her eyes and slowed her breathing. The droid fired again, three times in rapid succession and Jenny moved the lightsaber up deflecting each one.

A look of awe and joy filled her face as she realized what she had just done. Luke smiled and nodded. She would do well. "Now you Serenity." he moved the droid over towards her.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Serenity watched with a bemused smile as Jenny 'battled' with the training droid. The girl seemed utterly proud of herself as she succeeded in blocking the shots. Serenity felt proud of her too. Provided she didn't get too badly distracted, she would master this quickly. Then it was her turn and Serenity took out her saber. Taking hwer stance, she put the glowing blade between her and the droid and then relaxed. As it moved, so too did she. "One thing you need to remember Jenny." She offered as the droid shot at her. She easily deflected the blow and turned the blade downward as the droid floated down, turned, then fired again. She blocked that shot too and then blocked four more in quick succession. "There's no counterweight in the blade unless it strikes something, so be weary how you swing it. The weight of the unit can overbalance your arm."

Serenity knew Luke had set the droid at a higher level because of her previous experience with the saber, so it came as no surprise to her when it suddenly sped up and moved in a wider circle around her. She took each shot in turn, using her feelings to predict where it would fire. her breath slowed to almost nothing and her eyes seemed to glaze somewhat, as though she were daydreaming. To her, everything felt as though it had slowed down. It made predicting the droid even easier. After another two shots in quick time, Serenity slowly turned on her heel and swung the light saber up and around the crown of her head. Bringing it down then, she smiled distantly as the blade slowly sliced through the droid. The droid then slowly fell to the ground as sparks and small flames erupted from it. To anyone outside of ehr head, all this happened in a few megre seconds.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Luke watched and smiled as Serenity was giving advice to Jenny. She had a fair handle on how to use a light saber and how to let the force guide her. He raised a brow when she destroyed the droid and shook his head. "The ability to use the light saber has come down through the generations to you, but you also must be able to control you anger."

He looked at her intently. "Yes I Know what you did to those imperials on the mining world. Since I felt you in the force I have been following your life. " with the slight movement of a finger he lifted the parts of the droid into the air and had them float throught the air to him. "and know I did not intrude on you and Krells moments together." he grinned. "Anger and hate makes you stronger with the force, but can also pull you into the evil side of it, as it once did my father. He let his anger and hate control him and it lead to him doing evil things for the Old Emperor. But if you can control that hate and anger, not surcome to its inticement to bring you greater power, you will be able to use the force with much more power."

He let another droid rise into the air from the box and again let Jenny try her hand with the light saber. "But you see love is also a much more powerful emotion. If my father had only seen this when he fell in love and married my mother, he would have never joined the Emperor and destroyed the Jedi as he had." he told Serenity. "Because of my father I was able to learn the ways of the jedi faster. Those padawans that were found with the ability to use the force did not have Jedi, or Jedi master's as a parent or parents. Some how the knowledge is passed on to the children of such parents."

He waved a hand to the box that the droids had been in. "Look at the box, sence the force around it and make it rise into the air." he told Serenity. He felt that it would not take long at all for the two women to learn how to control the force. He continued to watch Jenny as she took Serenity's advice and began moving lightly on her feet as she moved around the droid and began anticipating it's moves and where it would fire. The bolts of energy bounced off the energy blade of the lightsaber. The young woman showed great promise as did Serenity.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Serenity deactivated her blade and then turned to Luke. "My anger towards those soldiers was well placed and founded, thank you very much." She retorted coldly. "They deserved every blow I dealt them for the way they treated those people. And the Admiral will receive the same, if not better treatment when I eventually catch up with him. Anger has nothing to do with it. And you'd best be keeping out of my private moments with my boyfriend too. He'd beat your ass down long before I'd ever get a look in." She grinned at that, but then it faded and she seemed to examine her saber.

"As much as great power and all that crap would be nice, I don't think it's much for me." She continued after a few moments in silence. "I'd be quite happy with enough credit to retire and find a nice corner of space I can call my own. Me, Krell and our kid." She looked at jenny then, "Maybe the other kid too." She smiled at her, then regarded the box Luke told her to concentrate on. Why would she want to lift it in the air? She could simply walk over and pick it up, so why use her mind on it? Wasn't that something of a fruitless and rather unimportant thing to do? Jenny seemed eager however, so Serenity bowed out to let her take the lead.

Jenny, now concentrating fully, took on the droid with much more ease now and Serenity could see the skill already becoming foremost in the girl. She could see now, it wouldn't take her long to match Serenity in her skill. Well, maybe a little longer. Serenity didn't fell like being surpassed by someone barely into her teens just yet. Still, for now, she would let her have her moment of glory. Besides, Serenity felt the need to think over in more detail what Luke had told her.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:19 pm

"Why move it with your mind?" Luke looked over at another small box and it rose and moved rapidly towards Serenity's head, stoping but a couple inches from it. "Being able to move objects with your mind, at your will can save you from such an attack, or even help you by letting you do it to someone else." He moved the small box away and let it settle to the ground.

"You speake of the Admiral. I suppose he will have to be delt with eventually, but it is the Emperor and the others that need to delt with soon." He could tell that she probably wanted to know who and what she was talking about. "You know that there were the Jedi, an order that sought to keep the peace in the old Republic. But there was also the Sith. I think you already know about them since you know about your heritiage." He sat down on a larger box. "The Sith, can use the force as well, and they will use very thing thing the know and can against you. You and Jenney must be ready for anything?"

He looked over at an old crate that had been left by the rebels of old and lifted a hand towards it. Bolts of energy lept from his hand to the crate causing it to explode. "Now try and move the box with your mind." he smiled.

Jenny was extremely happy that she was able to do what she could. She listened to what Luke was telling Serenity and her eyes went wide when she saw the box go flying towards her head and stop. They went even wider and she swallowed hard when she saw the power that Luke had when he destroyed the crate with energy from his hand. She deactivated her light saber and moved up to stand with Serenity. She licked her lips and looked at the box Luke had used and instinctively raised her right hand towards it. Half closing her eyes she breathed slowly. She felt a strange sensation about her and the box, as if her hand was about it. As she thought of it rising into the air, it slowly began to do so. She opened her eyes, a smile on her lips, "Oh my." she whispered.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:39 pm

As the box came flying towards her, Serenity simply stood and waited. Though very different from anything she'd had thrown at her in the past, she had no reason or desire to move. She didn't even so much as blink when it stopped just inches from her face. Then the box moved away and he put it back where it had come from, explaining what such an abilty could provide. Then he continued, telling her what she already knew as he sat down and Serenity finally moved. The details about the Sith, she didn't know until now and her mind automatically stored it away to be dealt with later on. They must be ready for anything.

After that, he put on a rather impressive show of making another box explode before their eyes. Serenity blinked once and then looked to Jenny as the girl attempted her own trick. It was slow, but the box eventually lifted off the ground. Jenny was very proud of herself now, amazed at her own talent. So be it. Serenity cleared her mind, then looked directly to Luke. An empty smile took her features and she slowly shook her head. "As impressive as all that was just now," She began, "To me, it's nothing more than parlour tricks and infalting egos. Sure, it may be useful to someone, but you'd only have need for it if you couldn't see it coming to begin with." Was that why she didn't bother moving? Perhaps. But then, something began to shift.

It took a few moments for Serenity to recognise the feeling, but as her head turned towards the hanger doors, she seemed to know something bad was about to happen. She'd always called those feelings her intuitions. Another few moments in silence, Serenity turned back to Luke. "How far from Imperium are we? As in, how long a trip?" Something was coming. She wasn't sure it was to them, or someone else, but something was definitely wrong. "I need a link to my crew." her eyes spoke volumes. "Now!"......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:28 pm

"You are right about someone coming." he stood up, "Your feelings on this is quite impressive. Though as you can tell it is hard to see who or what might be comming. The future is always hard to read. One can get glimpses of it but if you do one thing it changes." He reached out with his own sences and shook his head. "A Sith!" He looked at Jenny and then Serenity. "Neither of you are ready for a trained adept of the Sith. Even you Serenity with your skill with the light saber would be no match for one. Not without more training."

It would take a couple days for the Sith to arrive. But that still would not be enough time for Jenny or Serenity to be ready for the Sith. He would have to face the adept. "Continue your practice, both of you. I must prepare for our guest's arrival. Call your people if you must, but they will not be able to arrive in time to help."

With that he moved away from them and back further into the darkness of the huge room. "What should we do Serenity?" Jenny asked. Then she suddenly turned towards the shadows her lightsaber coming up and on. But then both Serenity and Jenny got a warm feeling filling them.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Serenity was all but about ready to drop everything and go running for the nearest working comm link. Her node wouldn't have the reach to make a decent call. The best she could hope for with it would be something close to message centre. That was not good enough. "Forget about practice!" She yelled, "Show me where the damned communications room is!" But Luke had vanished and Serenity growled low in her throat. She wished she hadn't heard Jenny's question, but another presence had her spinning on the spot just as quickly.

By the time Jenny had her light saber up and on, Serenity's was already ablaze and pointing to a shadow. Despite the warm feeling she had, the air around them turned icy cold. Then it expanded towards the presence. "Show yourself." Serenity demanded quietly, "Preferably before I run you through."......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:28 pm

The warm feeling of love swept over both Jenny and Serenity. One could only put it as a feeling of someone's love and protectiveness. As Serenity called out and demanded to know who was there, only silence greeted her. Jenny moved forward a couple of steps cocking her head to one side. "I do not feel any danger Serenity, but quite the opposite." she turned her head and looked back at Serenity. "Can you feel it? It is like when I am with my parents and they are hugging me."

Then there came the female voice, soft and friendly and loving. "Do as the Jedi tells you. Prepare. Your friends are alright." There was no one there, but in their heads just like Luke had done, they both heard the voice. Jenny froze and searched the shadows for some one, but there was none. Again she looked back at Serenity. "One of Luke's ghosts?" she asked. But she felt no threat only the warm feeling of someone's love.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Keeping her hand firmly on Jenny's shoulder, Serenity kept the girl within her reach. She had to admit though, the warmth that she felt was incredibly safe and secure, loving. Or as Jenny put it, being hugged by her parents. A female voice spoke to them, telling them to listen to Luke and to prepare. Serenity wasn't so sure. It was a comfort though to know that her friends were ok, though she would want to read that for herself just to be extra sure.

"One of Luke's ghosts?"
Serenity looked down at Jenny and shook her head, "Probably." She replied, then looked back to the shadows again. "Ghost or not, I'd really rather see you for myself!" She called into the darkness. "And I'd rather hear it for myself too, not some distant voice in my head. Some people still get locked away for hearing voices, ya know. Makes folk believe them insane!" She had a point. She'd known several people over the years that had been locked up for their own safety more than anything for hearing voices in their minds. Comparing that with the current situation seemed to give Serenity a small piece of understanding. "So out with ya!" She continued, "Covered in light, or covered in shit, I don't care!".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:27 pm

There was the tinkling of laughter in the air and then the throaty laugh of a man. "She is a fiesty one is she not." came the womans voice, "Yes indeed, like some one else I know." came the mans voice with laughter in it. A shimmering formed in the shadows and two figures emerged. Their garb was that of long ago, that had not been seen but in museams. The woman smiled as she looked at Serenity and Jenny. The woman was beautiful, with long black hair and a twinkeling in her eyes. The man looked something like Krell but a bit older and a bit taller.

"Is this better?" The man asked of Serenity, as he two smiled. He looked Serenity up and down and chuckled. "She is definately of Jon'Dur's line and this one." he looked at Jenny, "I would say is of Lay'lu's."

The woman stepped forward, "Perhaps. I am Lu'Sen once of the Sith, and this is Magnus once of the Jedi." She smiled and nodded her head slightly. "Now, both of you must prepare and train. Let the skills and knowledge flow into you. It is there, waiting for you to use. Both of you are the only hope of defeating the Sith's plans. You two are the begining of the New Order."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next