The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All In The Game

2 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

All In The Game Empty All In The Game

Post by LadyRaven Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Space Port 19, Outer Rim Territories. Just your average, greasy, depraved looking space port. Filled with all manner of creatures from the outlying systems. Traders for almost anything you can imagine. Bars, brothels, merchants, Holymen and scoundrels. The Jezabell had docked a few days ago, needing some repairs and supplies. The port had seen them coming and instantly knew who they were, but the Management weren't afraid of the ship, nor its crew. The Diamond Dogs had done nothing to jeapodise their trade, if anything, they had done the port a huge favour. The Empire had long destroyed the rebellion in these parts and the the Diamond Dogs had become a welcome relief, a sign that freedom still existed and they had brought friends with them. Pirates were plenty in these systems, but few were ever ballsy enough to dock in the ports. The Jezabell had changed all that. This ship and crew would always be welcome, even if it meant a few Lawmen went missing in the process. After all, the Jezabell had a huge price now, not the biggest, but certainly a princely sum. Still, in this port at least, that wasn't an issue.

Peeker's Bar and Grill, Deck 12.
"Hey Ren! We got a deal going or what?" Despite his rather disgusting appearance, Gaul was as friendly as they came, albeit, you wiped your hands after touching him. The slimey green slug flicked his long tongue over his slimey chin and grinned. "I ain't got all day Ren."
Serenity Diamond smiled back openly and took out a large folder. "You know me Gaul." She replied smoothly, "I never welch on a deal." She slid the folder across the table to her slick friend and then sat back on the bench.
Gaul looked over the folder and then pulled it open with a strange finger tool. Not having working fingers could be a real bitch without some ingenuity. The contents of the folder made the slug grin even more and he quickly tapped the tool on the table. A petite wench with pigtails came over and took out an envelope. She passed it to Serenity with a smile and then moved back behind Gaul. Serenity opened the envelope, smiled again and quickly tucked it away under her coat. "A pleasure doing business with you again Gaul." She told the slug, "But just out of curiosity, what was in the folder?"
Gaul gave a deep laugh and licked his slimey chops a second time. "You know better than to ask me that Ren." He chortled, "Curiosity killed the cat, remember?"
"As if you'd ever let me forget." She replied, then left the bar.

She hadn't made it to the end of the block before her second in command, Kai came to her. A tall man with almost black hair, deep grey eyes and that all important winning smile. "Hey Ren." he said quickly, "Why did you send Rat to the scrap merchant? I thought we had all we needed." Ahh yes, Rat. His real name was Shen, a rattish looking young lad with more guts than brains and a talent for getting himself into even more trouble than his beloved captain, hence his name.
"To keep him out of the way a while." She replied coyly.
Kai lifted an eyebrow, then snorted a laugh and shook his head. "Yes well, now you can deal with him. He turned up at the bay with nearly two tonnes of crap and he won't get rid for the 'verse."
Serenity laughed again and shrugged her shoulders. "We can trawl through it later, see what we can use. The rest, he can store away in his hole if he wants. We got the room."
"For now." Kai quipped, "He picked up a tonne last time we stopped. That hole of his must be neck deep by now."
"If it's that shallow, I'll be impressed." Serenity returned. "By the way, Gaul paid up. We're set to go soon as Slyder and Mac show up."
Kai nodded, "Mac'll be back in about an hour. He's got some family here, I think. Slyder? I would suggest the nearest and cleanest titty bar. Best guess anyways."
Ren laughed quietly and carried on walking. "How's our passenger doing? I hear Slyder gave him a bit of a roasting before we landed."
"As far as I know, he's looking for some new transport." Her second replied, "I'm pretty sure he won't be joining us for the rest of the trip. Pity, but if you're gonna preach like that, you're bound to get one fella pissed."
Ren shrugged her shoulders again, "So long as he paid up, I don't care much." The rest of the walk went in silence.

Docking Bay 4, Lower Deck.
Serenity eased herself back into her captain's chair and leaned back, putting her hands behind her head. The stop had been successful on many levels. They had stocked up all they needed, Jezabell had had a good servicing, though she really needed a full overhaul, the crew were rested and not a sign of trouble anywhere. Well, save for a small scuffle in one of the bars between Kai and what had looked like a large catwoman that had actually turned out to be male. Serenity was pretty sure Kai would take that mistake to the grave with him. Fancy feeling up what you thought was female! A small laugh saw Serenity sink further into her seat and she closed her eyes a moment, waiting for the rest of the crew to get back. Rat was getting his bits and pieces settled in his quarters, no doubt indeed neck deep as suspected. Kai was plotting a new course through the Wastelands and Slyder still wasn't quite back yet. They had time though and Serenity wasn't in a rush for anything...... yet.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

All In The Game Empty Re: All In The Game

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:39 pm

All In The Game Criton10

All In The Game Star_g11

The bridge of the Raven was in a shambles. Wires and conduent hung everywhere, consols were blackened where fires had flared. The smell of smoke filled the air even though the ventelation system had purged all the smoke some time ago. "Port Control, this is the Raven. Need emergency medical care. Coming in with minimum control, request emergency landing." Direct comm to the Star Base was not possible so he had to broadcast it over the specrum of frequencies so that it would get through. Every ship at the Star base would hear it.

Krell and his bridge crew brought the ship down from space. One could see that it had been in one hell of a fight. Black scorch marks were everywhere from being hit by blaster fire and there were severy hull breaches as well. Over the coms came a mans voice, Emergency Crews to Bay 9, emergency medical personel report to Bay 9 immediately. Krell and his pilot barely brought the ship in and landed it. Gangways were moved into place and hatches opned to allow the medical personnel in. Son wounded pirates were being taken off the ship.

The Raven was a well known pirate ship that like the Jezabell made use of the Space Port and at times sold its cargo at. The Raven was a ship not like any other ship that was known. Indeed it was not. It had been a prototype for the empire, was to be its new front line ship. It was smaller then a crusier, a bit larger then a destroyer, but had the firepower of a heavy cruiser. Krell had stolen it when he and other prisoners on a prison planet escaped. They even had the plans for the ship on board and the empire was wanting to get her back badly.

When Krell had all his crew off, those wounded off to the medical facility, and the others off to various bars and establishments he left the ship. As he left the ship, he spotted the Jesabell. It was going to be a while before repairs that would make the Raven space worthy again, enough to get it back to the Haven. The Haven, Krells hideaway amongest an astoroid belt. He made his way towards the Jezabell.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Rat, from his hole on the port side, spotted what looked like a real heap being brought into the docking bay nearby. "What in the name of...?" He squeaked before clambering across his junk pile. His rat like features and agility made it easy for the boy to get closer to the window to have a better look. The ship was a real mess. Rat instantly thought of possible opportunities for some mroe new scrap. He watched as the wreck was locked down and the ganplanks were placed. Med crews were raced in and a few minutes later, he watched the injured being taken off and away. Then, just out of the corner of his vision, he spotted someone unhurt. "Damn." He sulked, "Healthy captain." The boy moved away from the window again as he watched the man start towards the Jezabell. Rat scurried back across his junk pile and to the door. Well, not to the door per say, but to the internal comm link. He slammed a gangly finger on the red button.
"Boss?" he asked cautiously, "You're probably busy right now, but you might wanna take a look portside right about now."
In her chair, her eyes closed and daydreaming, Serenity had been oblivious until now. Rat's squeeking voice had shocked her awake again and she sat up quickly. After a quick shudder, she pressed a small red button on her consol and yawned, "What is it Rat?" She asked, "I'm having a nice dream here."
"Portside." Rat said again, "I think you might know him. It looks like the Raven's captain."
Serenity was immediately out of ehr chair and racing for the main window. "Oh crap." She sighed, "Not now, please not now."
Krell's reputation was no better than her's, but even as a pirate, the man was a self centred rich boy with nothing better than to piss off the Empire at every chance. And right now, he was making a bee-line for the Jezabell and Serenity. That much said, she grabbed her coat again, hiding away her pistol and made ways down to the hatch.

The large bay doors opened to reveal Serenity stood cockeyed at an angle against the bulk head and she folded her arms, ready to greet Krell. While she waited, she took in the view of his ship. The Raven was a real piece of work, the Empire's own flagship as it were. Smaller, faster and far mroe deadly than anything they currently had out there. And Krell had stolen it right from under their noses. If Serenity hadn't utterly despised the man, she would have been truly impressed by his balls. She was still impressed by his balls, no doubt, but he was still just another rich boy that had pissed off the Empire. As things stood right now though, the Raven was in a huge mess. She looked like she'd barely escaped with her life!

"Well well." She announced finally, keeping her position at the doors. her eyes crossed firmly over Krell. "Still playing cat'n'mouse with the Empire, or did you actually manage to find yourself a proper fight this time, Krell?" Her voice dripped with sarcasm, but it was clear she didn't mean him any real harm..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:09 am

"Well, well Serenity." he said as she spoke to him. He could tell her voice dripped with sarcasm and that she didn't think much of him. He gave her a hard look. "Proper fight, perhaps, if you call three imperial crusers against one a proper fight. A proper fight if you call losing five good men and have another dozen injured." His clothing was covered in blood as was his hands, but none of his own. It was the blood of those that had died. He was not in the mood for jokes.

As he spoke with her the cargo was being unloaded and repair crews were begining to work on the Raven. The cargo would pay for all the damage that could be repaired. The people that ran the Space Port would love it and be able to get a good price for what he had stolen, probably triple what they would give him. "I am not here to argue the finer points of battle. The Raven will be down for repairs for a few days at the least, to make it space worth anyways. I am here to offer you a deal."

About that time his first officer. Jenkins approached. He too was covered in blood, "Best come quick Captain. Ducky and Sparrow.........They don't think they are going to make it."

Krell clenched his jaw tightly, the pain of loss showing in his eyes. Ducky and Sparrow had been with him since the begining. They were good men, tough and loyal. He nodded his head and turned back to Serenity. "If you are intrested send me word at the Hospital." he then turned and left with Jenkins.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:27 am

All the bravado seemed to fade from Serenity's manner as Krell explained to her what had happened. Three Imperials. He had already lost five men and he had another twelve injured. Actually, make that possibly seven dead. Serenity had to wonder what that would be like. She'd never had a large crew, but then, she'd never needed one. There were only five people in total for her crew, save for maybe the odd passenger that would help out during their trip. She dropped the attitude and unfolded her arms, standing more straight. Besides, he wasn't there for a tussle with her, he wanted to make a deal. That caught Serenity's attention completely. Since when did Captain Krell ever make deals with other priates? Sure, there was something like comradary between the pirates, but it was rare they made deals with each other and Krell, to her knowledge, never made deals with other pirates. Looking him over again as he turned away, Serenity could see plainly the toll it had taken on the man and felt something close to actual pity for him. The decision was made. Using her elbow, Serenity knocked the internal comm and leaned against it lightly.
"Kai, you busy?"
His voice came back quiet, but clear, "What's up, Ren?"
"Would you keep the chair warm for me a while?"
"Sure, but why?"
"The Raven is here and she's beat up pretty bad." She told her second.
"No shit!" Kai pipped.
Serenity worked her jaw, "No shit." She replied, "There's a few of her crew in the med centre and Krell wants a deal with us. Cop hold of Rat and see what you guys can do to help out and see if you can get hold of Slyder while you're at it. I'll take a node with me, so call if anything starts up."
"Understood Boss." Kai returned and then the link stopped.
Serenity stepped onto the ramp and made her way down, removing a small earpiece from the internal comm system. It wouldn't take her long to catch up with Krell and his second, Jenkins. She placed the comm node neatly over her right ear and then made for the other captain.

Serenity caught up with Krell and Jenkins on Deck 4, two blocks from the hospital and moved to walk beside them. "Krell." She said, announcing her presence carefully. "About before. I was out of line." Serenity rarely apologised for anything, so this was something to treasure. "I've sent Kai and Rat over to the Raven to see if they can help. Rat managed to get his hands on a large dose of scrap and spare parts. Between them, they can build and fix pretty much anything you got." Pushing her hands into her tight pockets, Serenity worked her jaw again. "About this deal, I'd rather speak in person about it, so here I am. What you got on your mind?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:43 am

As Krell walked with Jenkens he thought of his men. Out of thrity five, five were dead, another two probably would not see morning, and ten more were laid up with various injuries. Out of the twenty of them that had escaped the wretched prison planet together, only ten of them now lived, that he knew of. Some of them had departed for various places after they had stolen the Raven. Nine had stayed with him as he gathered the crew for his ship. Now two more would be gone.

The Raven, or as it was called back then the Imperial Warship Truski, after the emporer himself., had been built at a secret base there, that was close to the prison that Krell and the others had been at. They heard the guards whispering about the ship and all being spacers had decided to try and make a run for it and steal it to get away. It had been easier then they had thought. The guards nor those that had been there to oversee the building of the ship had ever thought that the prisoners would do anything like they did.

All those men were good men, sent to prison because they spoke out against the empire or had been rebels in the failed rebellion. Krell hated the empire, even though he had been a part of it once. He saw the cruelty of it and how many wanted something better. Because of that he found himself at odds with his Captain and had tried to lead a mutiny but was betrayed and then tried and sent to prison as a traitor to the Empire. Now he did what he could to be a pain in the empire's side. He attacked merchant ships, prison ships, and at times even the prison colonies. To some ot the other pirate captains, he played a cat and mouse game with the imperials. Not many knew of his raids on the prison worlds and him freeing all he could. Several of those freed were the former leaders of the rebellion and alot of times his cargos would be going to them at the Haven to help rebuild.

As Serenity came up and apologized for her words, he nodded his head. When asked about the deal, he drew forth what looked to be a sheet of thin plastic. It was a substance that some people had found on a few worlds, especially in a system of six planets that sustained life. Ruins had been found on these worlds, ruins older then the empire and of many of the races that now were a part of it. On it were the strange figure like writings of the ancient race that they though had inhabited that system. "One of my boys found this burried in an ornate box filled with gems only found on the planets of the Valara system. Normally I would not have though nothing of it, but it was found on the astorid, I call the Haven. From what can be deciphered of the text, it seems that the Haven and the astoriod belt it sits in, was once a planet. One of eight planets of a star system, that matches the Valara system except it now only has six planets."

He looked at her as he continued. "If all those rocks were a planet and it indeed belonged to the Valara system, how did it get so far from that system to where it is now. how was it destroyed, and what happened to the eigth planet?" he watched her to see if she was following what he was trying to tell her. "I was going to check out some clues that this indicated, but as you can see my ship is not going anywhere soon and couldn't stand up to another fight for a while. But since you are here and have a ship, perhaps you would be interested in a share of what might be found." The evidence that archologist had found, told of a highly advanced civilization, more so then the Empire. But nothing of thier advance civilization survived except some ruins and a few trinkets. "What do you supose would be on a world that can be moved through space."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 am

Serenity's brow furrowed somewhat. At first glance, it looked just like a scrap piece of plastic, something that you'd most likely toss out with the rubbish. However, as Krell explained it to her, her mind went into overdrive. "Valara system, you say?" She'd heard a few rumours over the years about the system and knew the Empire had controlled part if not most of it for a long time. As far as she knew, they still had a presence there, though much, much smaller than before. She knew about the Haven though and the asteroid belt it lived in. There weren't many that did know and for a good reason. The mroe she thought about it, the more it sounded like one of her dad's old stories. She and her brother Rahma had sat for hours listening to the old tales when they were kids. She hadn't believed them of course, putting it all down to old legend and fairytale, like many of her father's stories. However, to have an actual piece of it in front of her, she began to question that memory. Holding out her hand, she opened it palm wide, "May I?"

Serenity looked at the relic closely. She too recognised some of the markings, but not from previous study. She had actually seen the markings before. "You know what?" She began, "This reminds me of some old stories my dad used to tell me and my brother when we were kids. There were worlds and people long before the Empire, covered across the galaxies, living in peace and all that. I never took them for much, pipe dreams and legends mostly, but Dad always believed in them. I might be wrong here, but these former people, they had weird powers and stuff, they could move things with nothing but thought, and do stuff that us mere mortals could only dream about." The name of the race were on the tip of her tongue. "They were like Holymen, only not so annoying." She handed the relic back and carried on walking.

She returned his gaze again as she continued, "I do know one thing though." She said cautiously, "A few hundred years ago, the Empire had a weapon that could destroy entire worlds. Back when they were still at war with the Federation. I saw pictures of it once in a museum Dad dragged me to on Naboo. A huge sphere with a radial dish at the equator. It was as big as a small moon." She then laughed quietly, "Nah, that thing was destroyed in the first rebellion. Couldn't be." Still, the idea of something being able to destroy and displace an entire world..... just maybe?

Finally, Serenity seemed to snap back to reality. "I'll tell you what Krell." She offered, "You got yourself a deal." A real smile, "We got a smuggle run through the Wastelands, but it ain't that lucrative. Seeing as the Raven is gonna be holed up here a while, you're welcome to take the trip on the Jezabell instead? Or we can wait around a few more days, it makes no difference to me." She gave a small shrug of her shoulders and then smiled again, though she caught the hospital in her periferal and dropped to a stone faced look. "It's up to you what you wanna do. When you decide, send me a shout."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Krell had heard the same stories while he was growing up and also learned a couple things that only imperial officers would know. He knew of the super weapon that was lost in the rebellion that had cost the empire most of its starsystems. It's plans had been destroyed in the attack that had destroyed the weapon. Had it survived the rebellion would have failed. The Republic still flurished but had not press it's attack against the rements of the Empire.

A new emperor came to power and consolidated his power, destroying any oposition. With the destruction of the imperial fleet in the first rebellion, the new empire had smaller ships. The great Star destroyers that had put fear into so many were long gone. Now there were only heavy cruisers that were a tenth the size of the once great Star Destroyers.

The Valara system had been searched exstensively, since it had been there that the design of the world destroyer had been found. But nothing more had been found. At least nothing in the known ruins. "So you are willing to join forces and see what this leads to?" They stood by the front of the medical facility. "I will join you on your ship after I look in on my men." he told her before she could leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:48 pm

With a wave over her shoulder, Serenity agreed. Besides, this was no place for her. Krell's crew was Krell's crew and she had no right to intrude on that. Needless to say, if he asked for her help, then she would give it. Until then though, she would offer only what she felt was enough, some help with repairs would be about all. She made her way slowly down the decks back to the Jezabell, wanting to take some time to think before she had to deal with Kai and Slyder. No doubt he would be back now. As for Mac, he was easy going enough and wouldn't bother with the questions.

The walk took her nearly half an hour, but by the time she reached the bay doors, Serenity was clear minded again and thinking on the relic Krell had shown her. It was strange that he would have such a thing as she assumed most relics like that were in museums and various transports belonging to the Empire. Still, it would be an adventure if nothing else and possibly a lucrative one too.

In the cargo bay, Serenity found herself faced with a rather annoyed looking Rat. "Do you have any idea how much I've just wasted on that damned ship?!" She yelled.
Serenity stopped, lifted an eyebrow and put ehr hands on her hips, "Did you get something in return?" She asked.
Rat pursed his lips and growled. Of course they had given him something. It was just a lot smaller, though probably worth just as much, if not more.
"Then what's the problem?" Serenity questioned.
"But that scrap was mine!" The boy protested loudly.
"But I don't care!" Serenity sounded back. She grinned as the rattish youth shouted and swore at her back and carried on walking. It made no difference to her what scrap Rat was forced to give up, it meant more space for important things like food and worthy goods and less mess meant more potential passengers. Who would wanna roam around a ship that looked like a scrap yard? She certainly wouldn't.

Also, Mac and Slyder had returned now and were eager to know why they weren't making headway towards the Wastelands. Kai had told them both about the Raven, but like any other pirate, they wanted to know why their captain would help another without payment first. All were waiting on the bridge for her and all but Kai gave her looks of annoyance and impatience as she slung her coat over a hook in the bulkhead and took her seat with ease.
"You gonna explain this to us or what?" Ahh, the ever charming Slyder. Tall, dark and handsome, much like Kai, but hardly the human varient. A hybrid mix of human and something inherantly feline made this man a real oddity. Pointed ears, cat's eyes and even a few whiskers around his nose, but still incredibly easy on the eye and an absolute charm to the ladies.
Serenity looked up at her long-time friend and crewman and smiled. "We're having some company over for dinner." She said. "Krell needs a little cheering up after what's happen to his ship and crew. And he also has a deal that could turn out to be something rather tasty."
Slyder growled quietly and strutted from the bridge, while Mac stayed where he was. A shorter man, human, with slightly greying hair. He had been with Serenity the longest, one of the original Radiance crew and her closest friend. Cool grey eyes observed Serenity with calm integrity and an almost paternal pride. "You know Ren." He began, "As much as I admire your balls, I do sometimes have to wonder just what you're up to."
"Meaning?"
"Meaning, why you get yourself into situations that we all know you'd never resist, and end up in huge trouble for." the old man laughed quietly and shook his head. "From the minute I met you, I knew you'd be the devil to us."
Serenity turned in her chair and smiled, "Old man." She replied, "I love you to bits, you know that, but when an opportunity like this comes along, it's stupid to just ignore it. You taught me that, remember?"
Mac nodded and smiled again, "Aye Ren, I did." He moved off the consol and made for the door. "Give my regards to Krell, would you? And my sympathies for his lost crewmen."
"Will do."

Serenity's personal quarters. It looked like freshly frozen Quarn meat with something that could once have been carrots for dinner. "Hope he doesn't mind goup." She said, thinking out loud. Zapping the food in a hydrater for a few seconds, Serenity put out the two dinners and sat down to wait for Krell to arrive....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Krell and Jenkins entered the medical faclitie, the rest of the crew was also there waiting to hear word of their comrades. Krell nodded to them and gripped many a shoulder as he moved to where Ducky and Sparow were. The doctors there did their best, but the two had to much damage to their bodies. Both knew that their time was short and looked at Krell trying to smile. "Why the long face Captin. We all knew the risks and gladly took them. It just be our time is all and we have live full and exciting lives under your command."

Krell put a hand, one on Ducky's arm and one on Sparrows. He stayed there talking to them until the two of them passed on. He then turned to Jenkins and told him. "Arrange for their bodies to be transported to their homeworlds and burried there. I beleive they both have family still there. Their shares and personal items will go to them. When the Raven is able to return to space, return to the Haven with everyone that can go. Those to severely injured, arrange for their stay here till they are well enough to travel and we can come back for them. I will be aboard the Jesabell."

Jenkens looked at Krell. "The Raven and the crew are in no shape to go and look. Don't worry, they will have equal shares of anything found. When you get back to the Haven, have the repair boys finish the job. Tell them they have a very short time before The Raven is needed fully ready."

Jenkens nodded. "Aye Captain, it will be done. But do you trust Serinety?"

Krell shugged his shoulders, "I don't trust any of the pirate Captains, but I trust her more then them." with that he shook the crews hands and gave them some words of encouragement, then left and headed to the Jesabell. Once there he walked up the ramp. He was greeted by Rat who gave him a look and then said his captain was in her quarters and told Krell to follow him, he would take him there. Rat took him to her quarters and then left mumbling something about all the good stuff he had to give up. Krell knocked on the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Serenity had almost given up the idea of Krell coming. So much so that she had grown entirely bored waiting for him. That being the case, the dinner had been left to go stale on the table while she had decided to take a shower and change her clothes. A fresh pair of jeans, clean socks and a fresh shirt that for once, wasn't an off-white coloured tee. Instead, she actually looked like a woman now, her shoulders bare around the halter-neck style, her hair left down and going curly as it dried and padding around in her socks. Quite a difference. After cleaning up and such, she decided to sit with an old book, a little treasure she had stolen some years previously, filled with tales of the old systems and good times. A promising escape from the present.

At first, she didn't hear Rat coming with Krell. She only barely heard the knocking, but it was enough that she got up and went to the door. Her nose still buried and her mind still engaged in some story, she opened the heavy door and then simply turned back to her chair without a word, resuming the laidback, relaxed look with her feet up. "We'll wait for another hour, Kai, and then get something done. I'm bored waiting for him." She said without looking up. She had assumed it was her second in command. But then, for some odd reason, it didn't feel like Kai and she finally looked up from her book.

The book went down fully and she actually blushed. "Ok, that's something embarrassing." She sucked her teeth against her tongue and put the book on the table. "I uh, I made you something to eat. Figured you'd be hungry." She sat up more straight now and pulled her hair around her shoulders. It made her look even more feminine and quite a bit smaller than her usual self, but she rathered that than letting him see her shoulders........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 am

When she opened the door with her face burried in a book he thought nothing of it until she started calling him someone else. She even turned and walked away from him not knowing who was actually there, until perhaps the lack of saying something made her turn and look. It brought a slight smile to his lips at the way she blushed. She didn't even look like the Captain Serenity he knew. This was a complete different look for her. He could not say that he did not like it, for there was much to like of what he saw.

"Dinner? Yes I have not eaten for some time now." He walked around the small table and pulled the chair out for her to sit, before taking his chair. He began eating what she had prepared. It wasn't bad, for the stuff you had to take on long hauls or if you were out in space for a long time. "Now as I was telling you. We have some clues from this releic as where to begin searching. There is a professor of antiquities that I rescued from the empire that studied it at length and is already on Valara Prime looking into what he found in it." Of course the names on the alien parchment, as he called it, were diffent but the location of the planets were the same. "So we will need to go there. He is arranging guides and equipment. to go into the jungle."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:36 am

Serenity coughed quietly and put the book away as Krell pulled out a chair for her and then seated himself opposite. She obliged the gesture and began eating. To her, it tasted like chicken flavoured porridge, but Krell seemed to enjoy it so she kept quiet. The look that he gave her, she ignored for now. Anything that friendly would require at least two jugs of rum first on her part. Still, the company was nice enough. And soon after, he got down to business. For that, Serenity was thankful.

"A trip into the jungle? Slyder's gonna love you." She said after swallowing a small forkful of the goup. "Just out of curiosity though, how long do you expect this trip to last? After all, we still have to make money." Another small forkful of food before she sat back in her chair and observed Krell cautiously. She was gauging the man, wondering why he would ask her for help in this. And what help did he think she could give him, save for the back-up while he was there? Sure, back-up was always a handy thing, but the two had been rivals for many years. After a few minutes more in silence, she decided to speak again.

"You know, I'm also curious as to why you would bring me in on this. It isn't like we've had the best history, is it. There are far better people out there willing to help. I mean, why not take a Holyman with you? They know more about that stuff than us lot and they're like an all access pass through Empire territory." As she spoke, Serenity began pondering on a possession of her own. Krell knew nothing about it, very few people did and those that did know, knew better than to say anything. Especially considering she actually knew how to use it.

Tucked away neatly in her lock box, she had her own relic. Rahma, her brother had an identical one. They had been passed down her family for many generations, though they had been told strictly that it wasn't for show. She began pondering the item now while she thought over Krell's relic. It too had similar markings, along with what could be considered the family emblem. Then suddenly, paranoia landed and she began thinking that maybe Krell did know what she had and that was why he had come to her. Maybe he wanted to steal it to add to his own collection? Maybe sell it to the professor? As the thoughts raced through her skull, Serenity stiffened slightly and looked Krell square in the eye, waiting for his answers. And they had best be good ones too, she thought.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 am

Krell held his fork just above the plate as she began asking why he had picked hr to help him. He wondered if he should tell her the truth or make up some lie that would be beleviable. Everyone had secrets, even Krell. But the look on her face told him she wanted an answer and she was worried about something. He brought the food up and put it in his mouth and chewed it as he thought.

"Holymen are a pain in the ass. Constantly spouting off about one should not do this or that, that the way to enlightnment is this. Besides I don't trust them, since they are able to move about the empire so well, who knows what they tell the imperials. " He put his fork down and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "I could say that since my ship was in bad shape and you were here with yours that it only made sence to make a deal with you, but that is not quite correct."

He leaned back in his chair eyeing her. "I knew you were going to be here, and was on my way here when the imperials jumped me. You know some of my past but not all of it. I was an Imperial Officer once, an ujp and coming one. But I had a run in with a pirate on Janis while on shore leave. Thought I could take him and those with him on myself. Cocky little bastard I was. I got my ass beat badly, but instead of killing me and leaving my body there to rot, he took me in tow and showed me things, that opened my eyes to what the Imperials were really like. My whole attitued towards what I was and what I belonged to changed, because of him. He cared about the people and it seemed he had a connection with the Rebellion, supplying them with all sorts of stuff."

Leaning forward, he put his elbows on the table. "When I asked him about it, he said that some one had to help, had to do something to take down the Empire, and he was just doing his part. After that I guess I was still a cocky bastard, for I tried to lead a mutiny on my ship and was betrayed. The rest is history. " he looked at her intently, "I have dedicated my self to helping, through becoming a pirate, those that need it. All my crew is dedicated to helping begin a new rebellion that will bring the Empire down. Each of them have been wronged by the Empire in one way or another. But as for you, why I came hunting you, well I trust you more then the others I guess. Also because some one sent me to seek you out. Bet you didn't know you had an Uncle that was still alive. He was one the one that set me on my course, that pirate and is one of the leaders of the failed Rebellion that the Empire caught and tortured. Rescued him and some others a while back. He is on Haven right now hoping we find something. Guess he wants you in on this so here I am."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:06 pm

As the information sank in, and there quite a lot of it too, Serenity's head slowly began to shake side to side. Her eyes closed and she pursed her lips, then chewed on them, then gave a lop-sided grin. "If I didn't know you better, Krell." She began, "I would have laughed and complimented the joke. Well done and all that crap." She chewed the inside of her bottom lip again and shook her head once more. "But I do know you better than that, don't I. And this is really no joke." Pursing her lips yet again, Serenity got up from her chair and moved across the room towards the bed. She sat down, put her head in her hands and laughed quietly. What was so funny?

If Serenity knew that her Uncle Valis was still alive and well after all these years, she would have hunted the man down and killed him. Sure, he had suffered greatly for the rebellion and all, but the rebellion had been his entire life. It had been his life when he had turned away from his own brother's pleas for help. It had been his life while he watched his sister-in-law die from fever. It had been his life when she and Rahma had begged for help. And it had been his life when he watched his own brother murdered over a fight he had started. So what was so funny? Even after all these years, Valis had survived everything and still came out smelling like roses.

"I take it the old bastard told you where to find Rahma too?" She asked emptily. "I mean, if he knows where I am, then he's got to know where his beloved nephew is as well." She growled in anger quietly, "Even after all these years, he still won't die. If he sent you looking for me, Krell, then he's sent you looking for something I have. Sure, he's a hero to the rebellion and all that shit, but you look close when you ask about his family. See how much of a hero he really is."

After a few minutes silence again, she continued, "I knew you were with the Empire once and I knew they sent you to prison. I never knew for what exactly, I figured you'd seen something you shouldn't. Guess I wasn't far wrong in the end." She smoothed her hair back, not caring about her shoulders anymore. Still, she remained conscience of an ageing plasma burn snaking down over the front. "You have no real reason to trust me Krell." She told him, "No real reason at all, save for what you've said already. I'm here and your ship is damaged. And that wasn't strictly true." The idea of this adventure now was seeming rather distorted and she wasn't so sure she wanted to go anymore.

"I tell you what, I'll still go on this little adventure of your's, but first, you're gonna take me to my beloved Uncle Valis. I see him, you get your back-up. Agreed?"..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 pm

Krell listened and heard another side to the man that had turned him around. He figured that Valis had his reasons for doing what he had. He had after all been in the leadership of the rebellion, even if he had been a pirate. He had seen how the Empire went after the rebles. They would sweep in and leave no one alive, man, woman or child. Everything would be blasted, destroyed and left as a warning to others. In a sence he could see why Valis might have distanced himself from his family.

"I'll take you to him." he told her. "But don't be to hard on him. Have you ever seen what the Empire did to anyone involved in the rebellion. How they wiped out entire cities that was implicated in helping the rebellion. When I say wipe out I men everyone, man, woman and child." He was not trying to defend the man but he wanted her to keep an open mind on reasons he did what he did.

"When you are ready, we will leave. I don't need anything from my ship, I have what ever I need at Haven. He had actually stopped at his ship prior to getting to hers to get a change of clothes. Wearing bloody clothes in the space port kind of made people uneasy. He had his twins on him, holstered at his hips, clean clothes. He was ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Had she ever seen what the Empire did with rebellion cohorts? Sure she had, she'd been through many places wiped out by the destroyers. She knew the devastation the Empire caused, but in her mind, it still didn't excuse what her unlce had done. However, she would do what Krell asked and keep an open mind. "Fair enough." She replied, "I'll keep an open mind if that's what you want." Then she gave a dry smile, "However, when you can tell me what purpose it serves to leave two children alone without food, shelter or protection, I promise I won't hit him. Deal?" Of course, she had no intention of not hitting the man, no matter what Krell said. She was merely being sarcastic.

Looking again briefly at Krell, she got to her feet and moved around the bed to grab her boots. "Is it just you that's coming with us, or are there anymore passengers I need to know about?" She asked, "Kai will show you where you can sleep and you can use the bays for storage, whatever you need. The galley is as and when, but stay out of the lower hanger, that's Rat's turf. If you need anything, I'll be on the bridge or you can call me on the internal link and if I'm not around, Mac will help out if he can." More modestly dressed, Serenity made her way out of her private quarters and into the corridor. There, she waited for Krell. "We'll be leaving in about half an hour, depending on docking control, so anything you need and want, I suggest you sort it out quick. Good to have you aboard, Captain Krell."

Just like that, she left him standing, making her way to the bridge to contact docking control..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Krell nodded and as she left him there outside her cabin. He watched her leave and had to admit she had a damn nice ass. When she was gone he began to look about the ship to see what it was like. It was smaller then the Raven and an older ship, but it looked as if it had been well built. He found the galley and looked to see only a few cabins. Her ship did not have the crew that his did. He did as she had said and stayed away from Rat's place. He finaly made his way up to the bridge.

"Permission to come on to the bridge." he anounced himself at the entrance of it. It was not proper for one not to ask permission. One just did not step on it unless told to or one asked permission. He wanted to be there when they lifted off. He could see out one of the port windows his ship and the work crews patching the holes.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:15 pm

While Krell had been getting his bearings around the Jezabell, Serenity ahd contacted the docking control, but it had been something of a slow process. It seemed several ships were coming in at the same time. Serenity was quickly losing patience. "How much longer is this going to take?" She asked for what could have been the dozenth time. "I've been waiting twenty minutes just for a damned release code! Some of us actually have to earn our money here."
"Apologies Jezabell, we're working on it for you. The last ship should be coming in about now. Another ten minutes at the most, I promise." Came the reply. The voice sounded stressed and overworked. Obviously, the controller wasn't used to things moving quickly.
"Fine." Serenity snapped, "Ten minutes. And then I come up there and wipe the consol with your face! Jezabell out." She sighed deeply and sat back in her chair, deeply annoyed that this was taking so long. Serenity had never been the most patient person.

"Permission to come on the bridge."
Serenity spun around in her chair and shrugged her shoulders, "Sure." She said. "We should be leaving in about ten minutes, unless the controller can find yet another way to put us back again." She leaned back in her chair again and stretched her arms out. "It seems a few ships at once is more than the poor man can handle. Maybe he should find a new job. What do you think?" She watched him eye up outside the port window, looking at his ship. "She's a fine bird Krell." She said honestly, "The best this side of the rims no doubt. She'll be ok. By the time we get back, it'll be like she never had a scratch. Just you wait and see." There was still the matter of his dead crewmen though. "I take it you'll be sending their bodies home after all this. It'll be good for their families to bury them proper and all. I'm sure they were fine men, all of them."

"Jezabell, come in please."
Serenity sat upright again and tapped the comm, "Jezabell here. Status?"
"The last ship has docked Jezabell, we are sending the release code now."
"About time." Serenity quipped, punching up the relative information on her consol. She then tapped the comm again. "Thank you control." She said, "Release code activated. All gangways released, clamps are clear. See you next trip control."
"Safe trip Jezabell."
Serenity snorted a sigh and then hit the internal comm. "All clamps clear guys, we're heading out. Leaving main doors in five, four, three, two and...."
As smooth as ice, the Jezabell left the docking bay, leaving only a small blast of plasma ice in her wake.
"When you're ready Kai, I need you on the guidance, Mac, keep watch on the ion drive. Let me know when she's ready to jump. Rat, keep your shit locked down and Slyder, whatever you're touching, I need you to drop it and check the weapons detail. I don't wanna be caught out this time, ok?"
All four men checked in quickly and a few minutes later, Kai arrived on the bridge to take his position as navigation. He gave Krell a nod of recognition, but said nothing. It was Serenity that finally spoke to him again.
"Take a pew." She offered, pointing to an unused seat and consol.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:03 am

Krell took the empty seat at a consol as the ship took off. It felt strange not being in the Captains' Chair, having been there for so long. Once it was in shape to go into space Jenkins would get her to Haven as quickly as possible. They had a full ship repair dock there. Since only he and Jenkins knew the safe route through the astroid belt, the Haven was now the center for the New Rebellion that was being formulated.

It would be the hidden repair base for rebel ships. Once they got to the astoried field he would have to take the pilots position and take them in. The Haven's location had to remain a secret not only for what it was to become but because of all the other people that was there already. The astorid was a huge one. No atmospher, all was enclosed within a huge cavern within.

As they cleared the Space Port, "Set a course, 350 by 90. It will take us to the vicenity of the Haven. Once there, I will have to pilot it in. The astoriod field is a very dangerous constant moving one, with only one way in and out." Actually there was another way out, but that was never used. It was an escape route just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 am

The Jezabell was just getting clear of the port, so Serenity allowed a moment to consider all the options for the jump. The ion drive was temperamental at best of times, especially with it being so old. However, Serenity still trusted the old tech. Ion drives rarely needed overhauling and the power cells connected to it needed changing only once every 50 years or so. So, despite it's age and sometimes temperamental attitude, ion drive systems were still the most reliable and widely used. After a few minutes, Mac's voice came over the comm. "Ion drive charge, Boss." He said warmly, "She's ready whenever you are."
"Thanks Mac." Serenity replied, turning her head to Krell just as he gave the heading needed. "Heading, 350 by 90, Kai. Full power. Hyperspace jump in three.. two.... one...."
Kai punched in the heading, giving him the exact coordinates needed and then sat back for the jump. Nothing happened.
Swearing neatly under her breath, Serenity turned a slight blush colour. "Ok, hyperspace jump please, in three.. two...." Suddenly, the Jezabell shot into hyperspace, not giving her captain chance to finish.

All around, the stars and nebulae began to merge into a clouded white stream, bathing the bridge in a warm glow that turned increasingly brighter as the speed gained. A slight jarring feeling came from the ship as it overcame the inertia and then it all went eerily silent. The ship reached the necessary speed and the white glow faded to black gain, with only thin streams of light sailing past like tiny comets. At this, Serenity allowed herself to relax again. Still with the slight blush in her cheeks, she turned back to Krell. "Well," She said almost calmly, "She is an old bird after all." Perhaps a way of explaining why it had taken so long to get up to speed.

Behind Krell and Serenity, Kai was working hard, making the needed course corrections and adjustments that would keep them on the correct line. His movement and precision showed a skill that few humans possessed and it seemed almost haunting to watch the man work. "Holding steady?" Serenity asked quietly to her second.
"The inertia knocked us off by .253 degrees Captain." Kai responded, "I've corrected the course and adjusted the heading slightly. All drives are holding steady speed at mark 12."
"Time to destination?"
"Exactly 3hours, 20 minutes, Boss."
"Well done." Serenity said honestly, making Kai smile in return. She moved her chair back from the console and turned to face Krell fully now. "Ok, so we have 3 and a half or so hours to waste. Would you like to check on your quarters or anything?"........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:25 am

Krell sat there as the ship was readied to make the jump. When Serenity made the countdown and nothing happened he raised a brow. He could just hear what she was saying in her head "It's not my fault." He had to chuckle as she tried it again and before she got to zero the ship lurched and made the jump. It was an old ship and probably had plenty of it's own little quirks. The Raven was a new ship with the top of the line enjines fuel cells and everything. Of course now she was in really bad shape. Most of the systems had blown in the battle. They had just minimum life suport when they landed and the helm had been really slugish.

"Well I would like to know were I can hang my hat." even though he had none it was an expression he used now and then. "What would you suggest we do for three hours and 20 minutes?" he asked her. He leaned back in the cousioned chair he was in and waited for her to get up and also for her reply. One thing came to his mind and made him grin but of course she would have nothing of that. Especially from him. Some times on long hauls he would have a few women brought on board to entertain the men and himself. It did wonders for morale.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Indeed, what would they do for the next three hours plus? Serenity could imagine his ideas, but of course, she wouldn't entertain anything like that. Perhaps a drink in the galley would be the best he could hope for. After a short sigh in thought, Serenity got up from her chair and moved across the bridge to Kai. A slight tap on the man's shoulder saw him smile at her again and make another course correction. Everything was going smoothly. "Well." She said at last, "Seeing as you weren't shown any quarters, I'll take you down to the deck myself." She gave Krell half a smile and made her way off the bridge, silently willing Rat to come past so she could slap him. The boy should have shown Krell where he could sleep when he had come aboard. Stupid boy!

After a short walk down the main corridor, Serenity hung a left at the bulkhead and then a right. It lead in the general direction of her own quarters, but on a ship this small, most of the cabins were on the same deck. In fact, save for the galley, the docking hanger and the storage bays, pretty much everything was on the same deck. She moved past her own quarters and then Kai's, Slyder's, then Mac's. Rat didn't sleep in a cabin like the rest of them, preferring to sleep with his junk.

The rooms themselves were small, but comfortable. Krell would find everything he needed. A small bathroom was cornered off by a tinted wall and some other doors down the far wall hid away a wardrobe and drawers. Besides the single bed, the room also contained a small desk and chair, a counter top with a hydrater and a tiny couch. Serenity swung the door open and went in to show the other captain his new home for the trip.
"It's simple, but it's comfortable." She told him with a smile. "There should be some hydrate packs if you get hungry and the shower should be working." She turned to face him then. "If you need anything, just hit this pad." She pointed to the internal comm next to the door. "The red button will connect you with the rest of the ship. The black one connects to my quarters."
With that, Serenity decided nothing more needed to be said and so left the room so Krell could make himself comfortable.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 pm

He followed her as she moved through the ship. He was enjoying the view as they walked. When they stopped and she opened a door, he looked in as she entered. It was a bit sparten and small but it was afterall a smaller ship. His quarters were larger and he had them decked out in some of the spoils of his raids and attacks on ships. It gave it more of a comfortable feeling.

"This will do. One should not complain when he is a guest." he smiled. "MMMMMM if I press the black one will you come." he chuckled and entered the quarters. He had changed clothing but had not had a chance to shower. "A shower sounds good." When she left he shook his head and closed the door, then headed to the shower. Striping his clothes off, he entered the shower and let the water run over his body. The heat felt good and helped relax him. To bad Serenity was not there with him he thought and laughted.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:06 am

One should not complain when he is a guest, indeed! Serenity could have laughed herself silly at the comment. The man was only to be aboard a few hours and the Jezabell was a smaller, older ship with fewer fancies than his own. What did he honestly expect? But then, she had given him the smallest room available. But once again, it didn't matter. He wasn't going to be there long enough. And the idea that he had a personal line to her quarters, well, that was just misguided. Sure, the link went straight to her rooms, but as he would soon learn, she was rarely there. In fact, she spent only enough time there to sleep, change and shower. The majority of the time, she spent on the bridge and whatever was left, she spent filtering through the ship for whatever reason she had.

As she made her way back to the bridge, she imagined him in the shower. Well, who wouldn't? Krell, despite his ego and attitude sometimes, was still a very handsome guy. Well worth looking at. Serenity shook her head, forcing the thought out. She had too much to be doing anyways.

After a quick stop on the bridge to check with Kai, Serenity made her way down to the storage bays. Everything was in order. A quick check on Rat and his junk; once again, all in order. The boy was hanging somewhere from the bulkhead, fiddling with what could be an old communicator. As for Slyder, she had no idea what he was doing, but she knew Mac would be in the engine room, keeping on top of things. Nothing needed attending to and Serenity soon felt bored.

Her rounds had taken just under half an hour so Serenity found herself back on the bridge, watching the stars whiz past. Kai was hard at work as usual, though there was little left that needed doing. The Jezabell was holding her course nicely, which left Kai some time to ponder a few things.
"Ren?"
Serenity turned her chair around and leaned back again, "Hmm?"
"Have you ever been to the Haven before?"
Serenity shook her head, "Nope. You?"
Kai shook his head back, "Just been wondering what it's like. I've heard some say that it's a lot like Tatoine."
"I doubt it." Serenity replied, "It's an asteroid, Kai, a big chunk of rock in the middle of a field of big chunks of rock. I doubt there's much more than a few big caves with force fields protecting it. Rat holes."
Kai laughed quietly, "Rat holes huh?" He offered, "Rat' will love that."
Both laughed, amused and then silence reigned once more. Serenity turned back to the viewing window and stared out at the nothing while Kai turned back to his console, Until....
"Ren?"
"Yes Kai."
"Do you trust Krell?"
Serenity turned in her chair again, "Define trust."
Kai shrugged his shoulders, "Do you trust him? I mean, you guys have been pretty strong rivals for a good few years and there was that thing a couple of years ago with that Empire payload."
Serenity worked her jaw and chewed on her tongue. "The payload was a mistake on my part, I admitted to that a long time ago and Krell couldn't have known we would be there either. We both got shafted is all. As for being rivals, well.... everyone has their reputation to keep, don't they. Besides, there's no real threat to the Diamond Dogs, never was. We were born to be pirates. Krell? Well, he just happened to find his way into it is all." Perhaps a little harsh, but also quite true. The reputation of the Diamond Dogs had been around for decades and would be around for at least a few decades more. Serenity would make sure of that........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next