The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All In The Game

2 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

All In The Game - Page 25 Empty Re: All In The Game

Post by questor Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 am

"I promise mom." Kai said. "Master Luke has already pounded that part into my head. Never show off, only use the force when it is needed. Never let anyone know your are a Jedi or in my case Jedi in training." He gave her a big hug before his mind began thinking of what he was going to take with him. Clothing, food, his lightsaber that he would conceal, and of course money. Enough to bribe some people if necessary. Master Luke not only schooled him on the ways of the force but had told him stories of Hans Solo and the way he did things.

Krell noticed Serenity talking to Kai and smiled. His boy was growing and was becoming a handful. It looked as if Serenity had given in and was letting him go on his first mission. Luke had briefly told him of the destination and it seemed as if there was nothing worth while out there and no trouble as well, so it seemed to be a very low risk factor, which he was glad of. His gut was turning within him as he thought of his boy out there on his own though.

A bit later Kai found Marla and told her to follow him. He took her straight to Anakin's and Padame's quarters and he knocked on the door. Anakin answered and he saw Padame standing a short distance from him. "I think you need to know something. He pulled Marla inside. "I know you have met Marla here earlier, but there is something I don't think either of you or her knows. Marla here is your great great granddaughter." he looked from Anakin and Padame to Marla to see their reactions. He was keeping the fact that he was going to see if he could find Leia to himself.

Marla's eyes went wide and and her mouth opened a bit. She knew that both were clones, but they had the memories of themselves of long ago. Still they were related and it was something that she had wondered about. Her parents and grandparents never really spoke of the family much. "Wow." was all she could get out, but a broad smile crept to her lips and her eyes shone brightly.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:11 am

Marla wasn't the only one left speechless by the information. Padme stared at the young padawan in shock. This was Leiah's descendant? She had nothing of either her or Anakin in looks, so the shock lingered a while longer.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:41 am

Kai smiled and slowly backed out of the room. He wanted to leave them together to get aquainted and so that Padme could find out about the family she had. This way she would find out more about them, what they were like and all. Even though Marla did not look like Anakin or Padme, they had the looks of the other members of the family.

Kai then returned to the hatch that lead to Soul. Everything he needed was already on board. He had food, clothing a map of the world he was going to, and even a small ground speeder bike. He took a deep breath and smiled. "You ready Soul?" he asked. He was anxious and nervous at the same time. His first time away from his mother and dad. He was determined not to mess up, but to make his parents proud of him and prove to not only them and Luke but to himself he could do things on his own.

"Mom, Dad." he called on the comm. "Soul and I are ready to depart. Love you both."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat May 10, 2014 11:06 am

Serenity tried to smile when she heard Kai's voice over the comms, but it wasn't half as convincing as her fears. "Ok, son." She said with a small whimper. "You be safe now, hear? Any hint of the Admiral or Amelia, or his shadow, anything, you run as fast as you can, understand?"
"Absolutely, Mom." Kai's voice came back, "I promise."
Serenity nodded and sniffed her tears back, "And stay in touch, ok?" She continued, "Leave messages at the Siem probe."
"Ok Mom." Kai said, "I will." And then he was gone.

Taking a deep breath, Serenity flopped back in the chair in Vera Prime's cortex and stared at the ship's own sad eyes. It was clear that both mothers were feeling the loss of letting their children go. Bringing up the main screen, Vera and Serenity watched as Soul touched his tail fins together, creating the charge needed to jump into lightspeed and Vera then audibly whimpered. "They will be alright, won't they Serenity?" The ship asked, desperately needing some comfort right then.
Serenity nodded, "They'll be just fine." She said to her ship and friend, "I know they will." She sighed heavily and looked away from the screen, "And they were right about going." She continued, "They're better off out of this mess and being so far away, that can only be a good thing. They have each other and I know Kai is beyond his years."
"I know you're right." Vera Prime said, "But it still hurts to let them go. I feel..."
"You feel lost." Serenity said, "As do I, old girl, as do I." she sighed again deeply and folded her arms across her chest.

Padme stared at Marla as Marla stared at Padme and the silence was deafening. Padme had already had much to take in and this other new development felt just that little bit too much to handle. She felt faint and dizzy, but as the ever stoic politician, she forced it all down and tried to smile. "Hello Marla." She said with care. She beckoned the girl forward to sit with her as another seat emerged from the floor. "Come." She asked, "Tell me about your family, about our family." Her smile widened some. "I'd like very much to learn everything I can."......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat May 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Kai sat back and as Soul engaged the hyperdrive he watched everything disapear and then they were in the hyperspace.  The time spent there he went over lessons that Luke and his teachers had given him.  He discussed things with Soul and every one does with a friend.  The hours passed and then Soul dropped out of hyperspace a distance from a planet.  

"We have arrived at our destination.  There is not much here from what I can detect.  Lots of swamps, primal Jungles and huge life forms."  Soul told him.

"A real hospitable place.  Any sign of civilization?"  Kai asked.  

"Yes a small area."  A screen appeared and the location of the small settlement appeared.  "Not much Kai.  Perhaps a dozen structures.  I will set us down a short distance from them."

Kai nodded and again took his seat as Soul began his decent.  He was small enough to be able to land on a planet.  One day he would not be able to.  The turbalance hit Soul as he entered a thick cloud layer.  "Hang on Kai.  This could be a bit rough."  Kai smiled and held onto his Captain's chair.  Soon enough the cloud cover cleared but at the very tops of the giant trees.  Soul managed to pull up and avoid colliding with them.  He found a suitable spot and landed.  "We are about a hundred meters from the structures.

Kai belted on a blaster and his lightsaber.  "I hope she is here."  he told Soul as he opened the hatch and stepped out on to the soft ground.  The place stunk of dead vegetation, methane gas from the swamp and other things.  He began walking in the direction of the structures, keeping a weary eye on his surroundings. As the smells assailed his nose, the screaching and roaring of the large creatures of the world came to his ears.

As Soul had decended through the could layer, he had not come unanounced. In one of the structures a man sat at a console. He pressed a COM button and spoke. We have incomming. Ship of unknown design and.......... Hell I have no idea of what it is made of. But senors read two life forms. It is landing about a hundred meters to the east of us.

The mans voice went over every speaker in the buildings and everyone heard. A group of five men armed themselves with blaster rifles and pistols and went out to the eastern energy fence. "Who do you think it is?" One of the men asked an elderly man. "Don't know, don't care. If they be friendly then we will have a talk. If they be the empire we open fire and ask questions later."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon May 19, 2014 6:21 am

If there was ever a place in the true back of beyond, Degobah was it! Such was its remoteness, barely any news from the core, or anywhere else for that matter, reached the planet. And there hadn't been any visitors or colonists for more than a decade. Degobah was perhaps the very last place in the universe that one would want to move to, in so doing, it made the planet a perfect hiding place for those that really didn't want to be found... ever.

Soul and Kai's arrival had certainly caused a stir in the small and only village on the entire planet. When they discovered the possible invader to be but a small boy, some dropped their guard a little, but as the boy got closer, one of the other men looked at the elderly man with some caution. "Octavian?" He asked, "Why does this kid look so familiar?" In the old man's home, he had seen pictures of a young man that looked disturbingly just like this boy. Then it hit him and he stepped back from the old man. "You told us your son was killed by the Empire, Octavian."

The very second the words left the man's mouth, word was passed back into the village and a slightly younger, but still aged woman came running out of her cottage. "Krell!" She called, "Krell, what is going on?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon May 19, 2014 9:35 am

Kai looked at the people beyond the protective fencing.  He wore a tunic breaches, boots and a hooded cloak.  About his waist was a wide belt that his blaster's holster was attached to and his lightsaber.  Both were concealed by the cloak.  He tilted his head as he listened to the men talk and he raised a brow when the one called the other Octavian.  He knew that was his last name.  But of course there may have been others called that.  But when a woman came running up calling out his father's name, now that made him stare.  

Octavian looked at the other man.  "Yes he died in a prison camp."  he told the man.  "We received word of it before we were forced to flee."  But he looked at the young boy before him and he indeed looked like his son so many years ago when he was the same age.  "Who are you boy, and where is the other that came with you.  We read two life forms."

Kai looked at the woman and smiled and then back at the one called Octavian.  "I am Kai Octavian, son Of Krell Octavian and Serenity."  he announced proudly. I have come seeking Leia Solo.  The other life form you detected is my ship, Soul.  He is a living ship."

The woman clutched her hands to her breast as she looked as if she was going to faint.  Octavian placed an arm about her to steady her.  The section of the fence was deactivated so Kai could enter.  He looked at the two and smiled that smile Krell usually did.  "You are my father's parents, my grand parents?"  He asked.  

"That is not possible.  My son died in a prison camp."  Octavian told Kai.

Kai shook his head.  "No he did not die."  he looked proud as he continued.  "He broke free with a number of other prisoners.  He stole a prototype ship the Empire was building and became a privater of sorts, hitting the Empire where it hurt.  As for the Empire.....It is no more.  Father and mother and others got rid of the emperor and empress and and now my mother's uncle became the leader of the Confederation of Planets till he died."

Now this news sent a buzz through the community.  The empire was gone and a new confederation of planets had been formed.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue May 20, 2014 11:34 am

The old woman stared and stared at the young Kai and just couldn't believe her beloved son was this boy's father. "Oh Krell!" She cried to her husband, "He's alive! My baby is alive!" She shot forward, despite her age and gathered the boy in her arms. The others were still ponderig the notion of a living ship. "Oh, you must tell me everything about him!" she begged, hugging kai tightly, "I must know he's a good man!".....

As his grandmother embrased him he felt like he was beeing squeezed to death her hold was that tight. "I will do my best." he said as he hugged her back. "There has been alot happening the last few years, and he has been involved in most of it."

The old woman nodded and began to cry as she touched Kai's face, seeing so much of her son in him. Almost everything was the image of him. Only his eyes told of his mother. "Come." She said, moving to one side to let him walk with her to their cottage. "Let's get you into some clean air and get some food in you. You must have had a very long journey and while you eat, you can tell me everything."....

Kai went with her as the others followed. His Grandfather was still in a daze as he slowly moved with them. His son alive. Married. His grandson was here. Alone? He had questions as well. As they walked Kai asked. "Where is Leia Solo. I have come to get her and bring her back to the Confederation. There are those there that wish her back."

"Leia?" The old woman asked, "Now there's a name I haven't heard for a long time." She smiled distantly, but then shook her head, "The only Leia Solo I know of died a little while back from a fever."....

Kai raised a brow, much like his father did. "Are you sure. This is where she was last known to be. Also knowing what I do about her, it would be unlikely that such a woman would surcum to a fever." He knew she had the force with her and that she more then likely could heal herself.

The old woman smiled sadly, "When you get to our age, my dear, anything can happen. We didn't think it would get her either. The way she fought it, you'd think she was Jedi, but eventually, she just couldn't fight anymore. We buried her here." She pointed to a small column of natural rock that had Leia's name etched into it. "It took the fever four years to kill her."....

He sighed deeply. "Those people I spoke of will indeed be saddened by the news." As they reached the dwelling, made of stone and mud, smooted inside and out, his grandfather spoke. "What are you doing here alone? You are but a child."
Kai smiled. "I convinced my mother and father I could handle myself. With my ship Soul to help keep me safe I was allowed to come here. Besides they are going into danger once more. An enemy, and Admiral of the Impire has cloned the Old Emperor Palapitine, and the Emperess of the Second Empire. They think I will be safe doing this."

The old woman whimpered slightly at the news of the returning danger. The empire had been bad enought he first time around, at least, it had turned that way when her son had been convicted of mutiny. Moving inside the cottage, she gathered up some bread and potted butter and jam and she put them on the table. "Perhaps they did the right thing." She said, "So very little gets this far out. It's why we came here more than a decade ago. After Junior's conviction, we were shamed and exiled and then hunted as traitors. This was the only safe place we could find.".....

Kai sat down and took some bread and butter. "My father and mother told me some of their pasts but I found out more from their crews and other people. He smiled. He began telling her of them. How after his escape that those that his father helped escape joined him as his crew and they raided empire shipping, and helped many escape the clutches of the emperial fleet. He told her of the meeting of Serenity and Krell and some of their adventures. How they helped topple the Empire and how they had found Soul's mother and what they had been up to of late. "I think they would love to know that you are alive and well. You think you could come with me, well that is if you have a ship to travel in. Soul is young like me and has not grown big enough to have more then me aboard."

The old woman sat down and listened intently to the story. She was mesmerised by it all. Octavian too, but then Serenity was mentioned and both of their smiles dropped. "Serenity Diamond?" Octavian asked. "The Diamond Bitch is your mother?"....

Kai looked at his grandfather with a stern look, again a look that his father had when he did not like what was said. "My mother is a Diamond, yes but not the other." he told him. "She was a pirate, but now she is a Grey Jedi Master, and hero of the Confederation. The Empire made many do things that others would say were criminal.

Octavian just couldn't quite believe it. His wife, ever more understanding than him, smiled at Kai and leaned on the table some. "He didn't mean it that way." She said calmly, "The Diamond Dogs are still considered quite dangerous in these parts. They've raided half the people that have come here and a female dog is called a bitch, my dear. It is the name she has been known by for as long as she's been terrorising the stars. A hero and Grey Master? I don't understand."....

"She has the force with her. Mother and Father found the originaters of the Force and have brought the Sith and Jedi together to form the Grey Order. They can use the dark and light force. It was her that killed the Emperess and her shadow minion. I myself am a Padawan. Luke Skywalker is my Master and has trained me so far." he pulled aside his cloak to show her the lightsaber.

The grandmother nodded in understanding, "So you're growing up to be a Grey Master too?"....

He laughed. "One day yes. I have a long way to go before that." He had a few years more of training and actual work in the feild before he became a Grey Jedi. "Will you and grandfather come back with me. I am sure my father would be happy to see the two of you."

"See Junior?" Octavian said, suddenly quite nervous with the idea. It was after all because of his son's mutiny that they had been exiled from the Core and forced to live out this far from civilisation. His wife narrowed her eyes at him. "Krell." She said sternly, "We are going to see our son."
Octavian nodded in defeat, "Yes Angela." He said quietly....

Kai smiled and nodded. Oh he knew that because of his fathers mutiny attempt, they had been exicled and had to run for their lives. But now they could return and be welcomed.

The old woman, Angela grinned proudly and handed her grandson some more bread and butter and pushed the jam pot to him also. "You will stay here for tonight." She said, "And we will find somewhere safe for your friend, Soul, is it?"....

"Yes. He is not far from here and I am in constant communications with him. Do you have a place within the fence for ships?" he made another sandwich with the jam.

Octavian nodded, "We have a small hanger for scouting ships." He said before he sat back down and stared at Kai. "So are you the only child?"....

He nodded. "But I have a feeling that they are not done yet." he chuckled. "Once we return to them, I have a feeling that we will be going in to danger."

Octavian nodded, "I remember the old Emperor's danger well enough." He said, "And that infernal young girl he took on. I can't remember her name."
"Amelia." Angela said quickly, "Her name was Amelia."....

"I think you are talking about the emperor that came after Palapitine. And yes Amelia is the name my mother told me was the name of the emperess."

Both blinked dumbly for a second, "Empress?" Octavian asked and then sighed with both shock and worry. But she had been killed, yes? "But Junior and your mom got rid of her, right?"....

"Yes, but like I said, this admiral that both mom and dad hate has cloned her and Palipitine. Amelia has also knowledge of the force as does her Shadow companion."

Octavian shook his head with disappointment, "When people die, they should stay dead." He said darkly, "So this time, will Junior.. I mean, your dad, make sure she stays dead?"....

"That is the plan I think." Kai said. "So if you don't mind, I will go get Soul and bring him to that hanger."

Octavian nodded and stood up, "I'll go and see to it." He said and nodded to his wife before he left. Angela cleaned up the dishes and went upstairs to make up a bed for Kai. She still had many questions for her grandson before he left again and knowing now that her beloved son was not only alive and well, but a hero, she desperately wanted to get in touch with him....

As they left he got up and went outside, "Soul." he called into his com band. "They are preparing a hanger here for you. So lift off and make your way here." Soul replied and then Kai looked at all the other people outside that seemed to be waiting on something.

The people of the village were waiting for the living ship to fly over them to the hanger and when Soul made his grand entrance so to speak, every eye was on him and they all stared in wonder. Only one seemed to make the connection and he stared at Kai. "A Leviathon." He said, "A young one. How on earth did you train it?"....

Kai chuckled. "I didn't train it. It is inteligent and my friend." he made his way to the hanger as the people followed. "His mother is my mother's friend. They met along time ago and were reunited some time before I was born."

The people followed and continued to stare at Kai and Soul. "I know they're intelligent." The man said to Kai, "But not that intelligent. Your mother and it's mother are friends? Is she it's mother's captain?"....

"You could say so." he said. "Vera Prime sees her that way." She was also a ship of the founders of the Force. But this he kept to mhimself.

The people whispered and nodded as some approached Soul and staretd prodding and poking at him, still not entire sure he was real. In response, the Leviathon began to laugh and shudder. He was ticklish....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed May 21, 2014 9:34 am

Kai chuckled at the antics of the people of the small outpost. They indeed were courious about Soul and he seemed to be enjoying the attention. He figured Soul would let them know in his own way if they went to far at their poking.

He moved to the marker and sighed. Luke would be disappointed. His sister returning would have meant a lot to him. A few moments later he returned to his grandparents place. He noticed his grandmother was packing up some things. He had a feeling that she wanted to see his father as soon as possible.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25