The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All In The Game

2 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

All In The Game - Page 24 Empty Re: All In The Game

Post by LadyRaven Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:19 am

Serenity kind of knew what Anakin would say to her when he entered the dining hall and when he said it, she nodded, "You're not the first to say that." She told him, "But I'll tell you what I told them." She offered him a smile to show she wasn't being rude or malicious. "I'm not the child of prophecy and I didn't bring balance to the force. I'm a pirate Anakin, a buccaneer that got lucky. You ask anyone here and they'll tell you exactly who and what I am. Even Vera Prime will tell you that I'm no saviour. The real heroes here are the ones that kept me in line. Krell, Luke, Vera herself. My uncle Valis on Corrosant, Mac, Slyder and Rat. Those are the ones that deserve the glory, not me." She gave a light sigh and prodded at her food.

"The Sith and Jedi call me the Grey Master, but I'm not the all powerful creature they like to portray me as. They began working together not because of me, but because of Amelia and her shadow. They knew that without each other, they were all dead. Once that was done, it was just a matter of time before both sides made peace with each other. As for me, I was happy to take what I could get away with and go home with my son. And until recently, that was exactly where I stayed." She looked across the table at Kai and smiled at him. "We've had nearly ten years of peace and quiet and I actually enjoyed it, so I want it back. When Amelia and her freak are dead again and bound to stay that way, I fully intend to go home and watch my son grow up. I don't know, maybe if Nature will let me, I'll have another and I'll grow old with my husband and die like I should." She then looked up at Anakin. "Maybe you and Padme can do the same when this is over. You guys get a second chance, so make good on it." From all around the table, Serenity's words were met with a quiet hurrah and nods of agreement. Like always, she was in tune with her crew and it showed..

Aboard the Death Star, things were frantic. Amelia and Shadow watched as alarms were raised and contingencies called up. Both watched with quiet knowing and carried on with their routine as though nothing was happening. Only when they were alone did they both speak freely.

"You understand that the admiral will not stop until he has what he wants." Shadow said cautiously.
"I understand." Amelia replied smoothly, "And to be perfectly honest, my beloved, it would be better this way. I would certainly have married the low-brow if it would benefit the Empire, but I would have found better to provide the heirs."
Shadow smiled from under his hood and carefully touched Amelia's cheek. "It makes me happy to see that the cloning has not taken your pride from you." He told her lovingly.
"As am I." Amelia said as she turned her cheek into the cold white flesh of his hand. "But for now, we have more important things to deal with."
"We do." Shadow said and removed his hand. He moved across the room and picked up a data pad from the desk and brought it back to Amelia. "As expected, Skywalker did what he does best. It was a shame that he got to the destroyer before it got to Haven, but we can work around that."
"And he went for the bait?" Amelia asked.
"He most certainly did." Shadow told him. "The admiral still doesn't know the entire contents of the database that he stole and while watching Palpatine die, I noticed the missing cloner."
"And my neice?" Amelia asked.
Once again, Shadow smiled, "Most certainly, she is on her way. I've been able to track Skywalker's telemetry through the pod he stole." He brought up a star chart and handed her the data pad. "He arrived at this point a little more than two hours ago."
"Will she be with her ships, or on that infernal leviathan?"
"Unfortunately, the feeling I had in the cloning room said she was aboard Vera Prime."
"This could cause some problems." Amelia said as she began to pace across the room, "The Ioan's made history when they made her. She's damned near indestructible and she has weapons and defences that are immune to our technology. The damned thing is all but untouchable!"
"True." Shadow said, "But she does have a weakness, my love. She has a child. Not long after our deaths ten years ago, she gave birth in a supernova near the Fargas system. At such a young age, the offspring is barely beyond an infant."
"But it will have weapons and defences much like its mother." Amelia said.
"Yes, but not with the same power and with much less logic behind it. We can use this to bring the leviathan under our control."
"I don't want to control her, I want to kill her." Amelia snapped.
"And you shall." Shadow said lovingly. "Leave the details to me, my love."
"What about Montrose?"
"He is already losing control." Shadow said, "He has turned us around to make for the interior and plans to attack openly. The distraction alone will ensure by the time we're done, it will be too late for him. Fear not my love, we will have the advantage very soon."

Back on Vera Prime -
"Serenity?" Vera's voice came lightly through the walls of the dining hall. "Serenity, could you come up to my cortex please?"
"Sure." Serenity said, looking up at nothing in particular. Her eyes went to Anakin briefly and she nodded with a smile, "Excuse me." She said and got up. A few minutes later, she arrived in the cortex and took a seat at the main controls. "What's up Vera?" She asked.
"I've had a response from your whistle." Vera said. "But it is not what I expected."
"Oh?" Serenity asked, turning to face the control panel, "Show me."
The transmission was brought up on the screen and Serenity stared at it curiously. "Like I said." Vera told her, "It is very strange."
After a moment or two, Serenity began to smile, "I recognise this." She said. "It's Gaul. He's a very old friend of mine. We used to trade often from the space port 19. He had his own business there. He's heard the whistle and wants to help."
"This is good then." Vera said, "Shall I send coordinates?"
"Yes please, Vera and let him know what he'll come across when he gets here."
"Will do." Vera said.
"Oh, and one more thing." Serenity said with a grin. "You might wish to have your cleaning probes updated and ready for some constant work. He's a Tattoinian slug." She felt Vera groan and laughed quietly before leaving the cortex and going back to the dining hall.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:39 am

Anakin looked at young Kai and smiled. "Luke says you like tinkering with machines and the like. Back on Tattoine I was very much like you. I also hear that you have your own ship now."

Kai grinned broadly. "Oh yes, I have been all over the Raven and know it inside and out. I like fixing things and seem to know exactly what is wrong with them. Master Luke says that is part of my ability to use the Force." Kai looked up at Anakin. "Yeah, his name is Soul and is the son of Vera Prime. I am his crew."

Anakin chuckled and nodded. He then looked at everyone seated at the table. "She may not think she is the one, not strong with the force or what ever. But it takes more then being powerful with the force to be the one I think. She is a natural leader and has that charismic embodiment that brings even brings one's enemies together. From what my son has told me, it was her that won over a Sith Lord and made him an ally, got the two orders to work together. If that is not bringing balance to the force and the universe, what is." He again looked down to Kai. "Your mother is very special, and I hear that you are the padawan of Luke." he nodded his head at the young boy. "Listen well do not do what I did to my Master. I think I gave him heart attack after heart attack." he chuckled. "Sometimes your impulses get the better of you." he tapped his head, use this when things get real crazy but always listen to this." he touched his heart. "and you can't go wrong."

Krell listened to Anakin and chuckled when he talked to his son. He was giving good advice, and what he had said about Serenity was right on the money. Even though she would not admit it or agree with him.

Anakin then turned his attention to Krell. "This Shadow and Emperess, they do not know how to shield their minds to well. I guess because there were none that then needed to do so with in the past. I know they seek to take control from this Admiral Montrose. Once he has everything in order, they will take control and rid them selves of him. Do not underestimate them. They have learned from their past. Their DNA he used was that of the bodies that died so they know all that happened up to that point."

On the Death Star, Montrose paced before his command chair as he was constantly updated on the progress of various things. The Star Destroyer had left the Astreroid field finding Haven deserted. It had not even destroyed it seeing no need to waste power destroying something with no one there. It slipped into hyperspace to meet up with the Death Star.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:47 am

Though Serenity was no where near the galley when Anakin spoke of her, she still heard his words and quietly shook her head as she made her way back to Vera's cortex via what she could only think to be some kind of udder. It was no where near where she wanted to be, but she wanted to see Soul and knowing that he would be feeding, Vera's udders would be the best place to find him. The young leviathan sensed her arrival and adjusted his connection to allow his eyes to be seen. Vera always made a point of meeting someone eye to eye when talking to them and she had made sure he learned it too. It was called being polite.
"Serenity." He said warmly as he moved in closer and reached out several thin tentacles to touch the woman. He was hugging her.
"Hey there Soul." She said back as the tentacles wrapped around her. She smiled warmly. "Jeez, you get bigger by the day."
"Yes." Soul said, "Mother records my growth at just over one meter per cycle."
"Soon you'll be as big as she is." Serenity said warmly.
"No." Soul said with a slight shake in his eyes, "I will be much bigger than Mother when I am fully grown."
"Wow." Serenity said with genuine awe, "That's pretty damned big."
Soul nodded in a fashion and his eyes smiled at her, "I heard what was said in Mother's galley." He told her, "Is it true?"
"I guess most of it is." She replied smoothly as she moved forward. She patted his nose tenderly and then kissed him. "But I don't agree with it all. Not the stuff about me anyway."
"I know." Soul said, "But Kai does and that's what matters."
Serenity offered half a smile and cocked her head to one side. "You guys have got real close these last few days, haven't you." She said.
Soul nodded, "Yes Serenity, we have." He said, "He's my bestest friend."
Serenity laughed and patted the leviathan's nose gently. "Do you know what a friend is, Soul?" She asked.
Soul nodded again, "Your friend is like your family." he said warmly, "And you protect them and help them like they protect you and help you. You are my mother's best friend."
"Yes." Serenity said with a smile, "She does call me that, among other things. You're one smart kid Soul, I hope you don't get cocky with it."
"I won't Serenity." he said honestly, "And I'll treat Kai like Mother treats you. Is it true that you and Rahma were born aboard Mother?"
"Pretty much." Serenity said, "I didn't remember anything of her until we met again ten years ago, when she helped us with the revolt against the Empress. She showed me all her memories of when we lived here."
"Why did you leave?" Soul asked.
"We had to." Serenity replied, "Vera fell pregnant with you and it was too dangerous for us to stay, you needed so much energy to grow."
"So it was my fault?" Soul asked almost devastated.
Serenity quickly hugged his nose again and shook her head, "No." She cooed, "It wasn't your fault, honey. Mum and Dad were happy for Vera and didn't want anything to happen to you or her. If they hadn't died, we all would have stayed in touch. But as it turned out, we found each other anyways, so it's all good, ok?"
"OK." Soul said with a sniffle and wrapped his tentacles around Serenity.

It wasn't quite the conversation she wanted to have with the young leviathan, but she felt more than satisfied at the conclusion of it. Soul was a lot smarter than his young age depicted and she knew then that he and Kai were the perfect pair. He would protect her son and Kai would protect him. She saw a long and happy future for them and with that in mind, her thoughts began to turn to her own friendship with Vera Prime. Once in the cortex, she sat down near the huge eyes and stared up at them. There was no speaking between them, just the silent respect for each other that said so much more.

Down in Vera's cargo hold, there was movement in Anakin's ship that wasn't any of the crew. The sheer amount of power Vera provided the ship had helped Padme's development far quicker than before. Her hands and head began to twitch as her mind completed the necessary connections and she began to remember everything up to the night she died. Her mouth opened and moved a little as she dreamt. "Anni."........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:00 am

A signal beeped on a wrist monitor Anakin wore. He sucked in a deep breath as he looked at it and then back at those at the table. "I must excuse myself. I must return to my ship immediately." He was gone in an instant, almost running through the dinning hall. Krell smiled, know the look on the young man's face well.

"This ship is going to get very interesting very soon" he said. Luke knew what he was talking about and he was anxious to see Padamine, his mother. He had never knew her, never felt her arms about him, heard her voice, known her love. Leia had not either but had a memory even so faint of her. He wondered how she was going to take seeing him. He was old enough to be her great grandfather. Anakin had taken it fairly well, but Padamine was another thing.

Kai looked up at his father and his Master with a puzzeled look. Both chuckled and looked at him. "Padamine, Anakin's wife is about to come out of the clone chamber." Luke had to explain what was going on and what had happened to Anakin and Padamine. The boy was wide eyed and awed by what he had been told.

Anakin opened the chamber and began the wakening processes. It would only take a few minutes to bring her fully around. He looked down at her smiling a warm and loving smile. "Awake my sweet love. Awake to a new day and age." he took one of her hands in his and squeezed it.

"Star Destroyer is heading away from all habitable worlds." came the message came from a scout ship tailing it. "Looks as if it is heading to a redevous with another ship." Krell knew what that other ship was.

"Keep your distance and just observe." Krell told the pilot of the X wing fighter. He knew that they would not be long in open space. They would choose a world and attack, probably destroying the planet with the Death Star. He turned to Luke. "We have to get someone on board that Death Star to take out its defensive shield."

Luke looked at Krell. "I would definately be recgonized as would you or any of your crews. But there are two aboard that the Admiral does not know and with their training can hide from him and his new allies." he spoke of Selika and Marla. "Now the only problem is how. There is no shuttles that are coming and going."

"I think Serenity might have a way." Krell said.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 am

Pipes and tubes began to hiss as they released and finally, the door opened. Padme felt Anakin's touch and took her first real breath in more than a century. "Anni." She heard his voice and then slowly opened her soft brown eyes. She saw him, but the light in the bay was blinding and she lifted her arms sluggishly to shade her face from the light. "Anni? Where am I?" Her mind reeled with her memories and slowly, she dropped her hands back down to her stomach. The last thing she remembered was giving birth. "Luke." She whispered, "Leiah." She blinked a few more times and then looked at Anakin proper. Her eyes looked sad and lost.

In Vera's cortex, Serenity still sat on a small nodule beneath the leviathan's eyes when suddenly, the massive orange orbs shifted. "I believe Padme Skywalker has awakened." Vera said calmly.
"I know." Serenity replied, "I can feel the excitement in Anakin."
"As my captain." Vera offered quietly, "Perhaps you should be there."
Serenity shook her head, "Not yet." She replied, "Give them some time alone first." She looked up then, "I'm not your captain, Vera, I'm family. Besides, I have my own ship already, remember? The Phoenix."
"I know." Vera said, "But I would like you to be regardless."
"We'll talk about it another time." Serenity said, "Krell and Luke are planning something."
"I know." Vera said. "I can hear them. They want to send someone to the Death Star to disable it. Krell thinks you know how they can do it."
Serenity looked back up at Vera's eyes again and lifted an eyebrow. "It's possible." She said, "Dangerous and stupid come to mind, but it's possible."..
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Anakin pulled her up to a sitting position and held her in his arms. She had spoke of Luke and Leia. There was a lot to tell her but first he needed to reassure her that everything was alright. "They live." he told her. When he could force himself to let her go he looked into her eyes. "A lot has happened that you need to be made aware of." he told her.

"But first there are some people I think you need to be introduced to." he smiled and helped her out of the chamber. he had suitable clothing waiting for her. As she got dressed, he began to try and bring her up to date on things. He nodded to the cloning chamber. "We are not the same people we were though yet we are. We both died a long time ago but have been brought back.

"Senator Palapitine, who became Chancleor of the Republic was a Sith Lord." he took in a deep breath and closed his eyes as he continued. "Evidently I surcumed to his influnce and turned to the Dark Side and served him as he made himself Emperor and turned the Republic into an Empire. He was defeated by a Rebel Force that our children participated in. They became heroes of the New Republic, our daughter becoming the new leader of it and our son a Jedi Master."

Again he took her into his arms and held her. "We have been given a second chance. I was brought back to be the servent of Palapitine again but found out what he was and what had happened to me originally. I am not that same angry man I was back then. I am learning to control that anger." he lead her through the corridors that Vera Prime had made with in her to accomidate the life forms in her to the dinning hall where Luke, Krell, and a few others were. As they entered Luke stood and looked at Padamine.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:58 am

As Anakin explained things to Padme as she dressed, it was evident that she remembered more than him about the old Empire. She remained quiet for a time, but the sadness was still clear in her soft features. There was hope there too. "When the twins were born." She began, "I told Obi Wan. I knew there was good still in you, no matter what Senator Palpatine did to you and what he made you do." She still remembered clearly the devastation the old senator had caused in the Jedi Temple through Anakin. It still hurt as it only felt like a few days ago to her and yet a century had passed.

When she was ready and Anakin began to lead her through the strange ship they were aboard, Padme looked around in awe. "So Vera Prime is a living ship?" She asked in genuine surprise. "How marvellous!" They entered what looked like a galley and Padme looked around at all the strange faces and then one that was strange, but not so at the same time. Her eyes landed on Luke and she tilted her head to one side as her brow furrowed in confusion. Was this her baby boy? Was this old man her son? "Luke?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Luke's eyes began to tear up as he saw Padame. He moved forward to her and gently took her into his arms. She might be a clone of his mother, but it was her. "Mother." he whispered. Krell sat there smiling at the scene. They had Anakin, Luke, the other two Jedi aboard along with Serenity. Powerful users of the force. From what he had been able to learn about Padame, she was not afraid to get into the middle of a fight. She used weapons like he did.

He figured that the admiral and his crew were in for a good fight. Kai looked up at them as he stood up and he had a big smile on his face as he looked first at Anakin, then Padame. "Is that Master Luke's mother?" he asked his father.

Krell chuckled, "Yes son that is her."

"She is beautiful, isn't she?" Kai asked again.

"Not as beautiful as your mother." Krell told him.

Luke finally let her go and stepped back. He to looked at his parents and sighed. He knew that the two of them would have other children in the near future. Brother's and sisters. Oh how things were going to be complicated then. "Come and meet some people." he turned to Krell and Kai. "This is Captain Krell the captain of the Raven and his son Kai, an up coming Jedi." then he turned to Selika and Marla. This Jedi Selika and her apprentice Marla." Both gave Padame a bow of respect. "Now all that is missing is Serenity."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:45 am

Padme stood almost stunned as Luke hugged her close and called her the name she had been robbed of so many years before.  It was so very strange to be called such by such an old man as well, but after a moment, her arms came up and she hugged him back.  "My baby boy."  She breathed as she held him.  She began to wonder about how this whole situation would work out and how she could possibly explain it to anyone how this ancient little man was her son.  For the time being though, it didn't matter.  Not here at least anyway.  Eventually and sadly, Luke let her go and she was introduced to the crew or who she thought were the crew.

"The Raven?"  She asked as she stared at Krell.  He looked familiar somehow.  Perhaps she had known his grandparents or something.  "I thought this ship was the Vera Prime?"
"I am."  Came Vera's voice suddenly.  "The Raven and the Phoenix are currently in my holding bay."
Padme spun around in shock as Kai giggled.  "Don't be afraid."  He offered as he was introduced.  "She won't hurt you, I promise."
Padme looked down at the young boy and offered him a warm smile before smiling to Selika and Marla.  She turned her attention then back to Luke.  "Serenity?"  She asked.
"She's my mum."  Kai told her proudly.

As if on cue, Serenity arrived and cocked her head slightly as she watched the scene unfold before her.  A small, but no less important reunion.  She waited for all the relevant information to sink in and the introductions made before she stepped forward.  With a warm smile, she folded her arms and leaned against the wall.  "Welcome to the universe."  She offered.
Padme spun around again and stared at Serenity with wide eyes.  Krell had been familiar somehow, but this woman was another matter entirely.  It was like staring back in time for the former senator.  "Lu'Sen?"
Serenity lifted an eyebrow, "Not quite."  She replied.  "Lu'Sen was my great grandmother."
"Oh my!"  Padme said as she stared at Serenity.  In return, the woman offered a half cocked shrug.  "I knew Lu'Sen.  She fought with Count Duku in the Clone Wars.  She was Sith!"
"Not in the end."  Serenity told her with a shake of her head.  "She fought her way back from the dark side and found the good in her."
Padme instantly looked to Anakin.
"Anyway, welcome back."  Serenity said, "There's a lot you've missed.".....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:20 pm

"From what I have learned Lu'Sen was a Sith but fell in love with a Jedi that turned her from her dark path." he looked at Serenity smiling. "Been trying to catch up on things." Anakin then told Padame. "Serenity here has been able to master both light and dark side of the force, bringing a unity to it. This has been passed on to the new orders. Selika here is from the New Sith Empire Ruled by a former Sith Lord. She is a Grey Sith and her apprentice Marla, is a Grey Jedi. The Force has been balanced and is being utilized for the good of all three governments."

Krell smiled and interjected. "Much has changed since you fought in the Clone War. Some of it was bad, but alot has been good."

"Yeah, my mom and dad has done a lot of good." Kai said jubilently. "You and Anakin going to help us with Admiral Montrose and his friends? I am, with Soul, Vera's son. I am his crew."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:23 am

Padme took in the information and then smiled down at Kai. She reminded him so much of Anakin the first time she had ever met him. The boy had such big ideas and such promise for the future and she saw it now in Serenity and Krell's young son. "I'll do what I can to help." She told the boy warmly, "But first, I have a lot of catching up to do. I've been asleep a long time."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Krell ruffled Kai's hair and chuckled. "He is a handful." he looked down at his son. "I think you and Anakin should have some time alone and catch up on things. We are heading for where we think the Death Star and the Star Destroyer is heading. We should be arriving there sometime tommorow."

Anakin smiled and nodded and then took Padame by the arm. "We have quarters assigned to us." He smiled. "Vera Prime makes room and is able to adapt herself to the needs of those aboard her."

Vera's voice came from the corridor as the two walked. "The Ioians have updated my memory banks with all that has happened in the last few hundred years. If you need to know anything just ask."

"Status!" Montrose commanded as he walked a walkway above a number of his men and the aliens at stations below.

"Star Destroyer will arrive in one hour sir. Death Star is fully operational and weapon ready for activation. Surface defense units manned and ready for any attack. Tie fighters squadron ready to be deployed."

"Excellent." Montrose smiled and nodded. He had missed the miserable rabble at their hole in the rock but they would soon be meeting up with them and he would destroy them.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:33 am

Padme nodded and when they reached their new quarters, she was quick to sit down at what she could only describe as a built in shelf and stool. First and foremost, she wanted to know about Leah. Was she still alive? How had she lived? Did she ever get married and have children? Padme was quick to ask the questions and a small white tentacle came out of the wall and rested on the shelf. The top of it lit up and began to show all the information Vera Prime had about Leah. "She lived an honourable life." Vera said with warmth, "And she helped in many of the changes after the final wars."
"Is she still alive, Vera Prime?" Padme asked quickly.
"That I don't actually know." Vera replied, "About the time the new Emperor took the young Amelia as his wife, Leah disappeared. It was thought she went into exile and there were sightings in and around the outer rim territories, but beyond that, I know little more about her movements. I'm sorry."
"Do you think you could find her?" Padme asked.
"I don't know." Vera replied honestly, "During the Great Restoration, much of the Imperial Archive was destroyed in favour of the new Emperor. Some was recovered in the last decade after the rebellion, but very little from that time frame has been lost. I could send out a pulse and see if she answers, but the bandwidth required would mean anyone could answer, including Amelia or the former Admiral. It would be dangerous."
"Ok." Padme said sadly. "Perhaps when all this is over, you can try to contact her for me, Vera Prime. Thank you."
"You are most welcome, Lady Skywalker." Vera said and retracted her tentacle.
"What can you tell me about Serenity?" Padme asked suddenly.
"What would you like to know?" Vera asked.
"Everything." Padme said. "I knew her great grandmother, Lu'Sen and looking at her is like looking through time. I'm just curious as to how she came about."
The tentacle returned and lit up the shelf once more. "Lu'Sen met Marcus Diamond while on the run from the new republic after the first successful rebellion. She had intended to hunt down another Jedi by the name of Yoda after he escaped Palpatine's coop. Instead, she found Marcus. They fell in love and went on the run together. While in exile, Lu'Sen and Marcus had four children. My records show that two of them died from fevers while still young. The other two survived and fled to the outer reaches of the galaxy. The surviving male child, Marcus Junior fathered two daughters while the surviving daughter had four more. Serenity's mother, Shendi was the youngest daughter of Marcus Junior. When Shendi married Serenity's father, David Fallin, he offered her the choice to keep her name and she did, hence Serenity is a Diamond and not a Fallin. Shendi was aboard when she had Serenity and Rhama and they spent their first years with me."
"Who is Rhama?" Padme asked.
"Rhama is Serenity's twin brother. He is also aboard. They look a little different from each other now, but ten years ago, they were still identical." Vera explained.
"And she is a Grey Master?" Padme asked.
"Yes." Vera replied, "Though she does not agree with the term. Serenity is still very much a pirate at heart and prefers to remain private about her abilities."
"What happened to her to bring the force into her life?" Padme asked.
"She always had it." Vera said, "But she only truly embraced it after her best friend was killed and Amelia's shadow tried to kill her and her new family. It seemed Kai's death and the shadow's attack was the push she needed to open her heart to the force and its strength."
"Kai's death?" Padme asked, "But he's alive. I just met him."
The tentacle lifted slightly and seemed to smile at Padme. "Kai's namesake." Vera said, "He was her best friend. Her son is named for him as tribute to their history together. Some say that had Krell not arrived when he did, Kai would have been her soul mate. In essence, he still is."
"So Kai junior is his son?"
"No, the boy is Krell's son. Krell and Kai became good friends and had great respect for each other because of Serenity." Vera explained.
"It seems your captain is a bit of a pivotal point in history then." Padme mused, "Her actions were key to bringing down her aunt and the shadow man and creating a new republic. She's a hero."
"Many believe so, yes." Vera said, "But Serenity is modest about it and will often tell you how she was merely part of it. To her record, the true heroes are Kai, Krell, and her former pirate dogs. The Diamond Dogs."
"What about the rest of her family?" Padme asked.
"There are two cousins from Marcus' daughter. One cousin's child is actually aboard also. Master Jenny. She holds rank in the new Grey Order as Master of training. Her former padawan Selika is also here with her own padawan, Marla."
"Amazing." Padme sighed, "The whole family together in one place. It's no wonder the Admiral is so desperate to be rid of them all. I was told about the attack on Haven. What about you, Vera Prime? Where do you stand in all this?"
"Serenity was born aboard me." Vera said proudly, "And is my captain. I look on her as I do my own son, Soul. She is family. As long as the admiral and Amelia live, they are a threat to my family and I will do what is necessary to remove that threat." The tentacle suddenly twitched and retreated back into the wall. "Excuse me." The leviathan said quickly, "My son requires my full attention."

Padme then turned to Anakin with a look of confusion. "Anni?" She asked, "Why would Serenity play such a key role in the Empire's destruction and then take a back seat? Pirates are inherently proud, so why wouldn't she take her pride of place in the new republic? Something doesn't fit here." Ever the careful senator......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:33 am

"I don't know for sure, but it seems that she is like Obi Wan, Yoda, and many of the long dead Jedi." Anakin tried to explain. "How many times did they save the Old Republic but yet down played their roles." he chuckled. "She knows it but does not flaunt it as some would. She does not want the glory or the attention that it brings. I would say that she is very smart in doing this." He sighed and shook his head. "It was my pride and desire to be the best, to be the One that lead me down the path towards the Dark Side. I see that now and know how foolish it was of me to want to be in the spot light." he took her hands in his. "Can you forgive me for my foolishness?"

Kai disappeared after the meeting with Padame and Anakin. He slipped back to Soul and took his seat in the Captain's Chair as he called it. "Hey Soul." he greeted his friend. "Things seem to be really happening with the arrival of Anakin and Padame. Hey can you do me a favor."

"What do you want me to do?" Soul asked

"I don't know if you have the same memory banks as your mother but can you try and see where some people are?" Kai asked.

"I can try. Who do you want to find out about." Soul asked.

"There was a Leia Skywalker, daughter of Padame and Anakin. I want to know about what happened to her and if she got married and had children. If so who were they and what happened to them."

"I will try." Soul said. "I may have to access mother's memory banks."

Soul went quiet for a few minutes and then came back. "Leia Skywalker had been adopted by Senator Lucus Oranga. She fought with the Rebels against the Emperor and helped destroy the two death stars he created. She became the Chancelor of the New Republic and married Hans Solo, a smuggler, rouge, and pirate to some extent. He helped rescue her from the first Death Star with Luke Skywalker and a Wookie by the name of Chewbaca." he began.

"Hans Solo later joined the rebellion and he pursued her and after she became the leader of the New Republic married him. They had three childeren, all male. Hans Jr., Lucus, and Anakin." There was a pause then he continued.

"All three sons grew up and it seems that Anakin Solo was much like his grandfather, was able to tinker with machines and know how they worked and the like, much like you." again he paused. "The other two caused a lot of trouble for their parents while growing up. Hans Jr, was much like his father and his brother Lucus followed along the same path."

All three became Jedi under Luke's mentorship, unknown to the New Republic who thought they did not need the Jedi any more. They in turn married and had three children each. Anakin had two sons and a daughter, while the other two had three sons."

"Oh my. It looks like one of daughters of Lelia Skywalker/Horton, daughter of Anakin is aboard mother. The young apprentice Marla is that daughter." He paused again for a moment. "I think Padame and Anakin need to know this."

Kai chuckled. "I will tell them."

The others are scattered across the New Republic as Senators and military leaders. As for Leia herself, once her husband died it seems she turned the reigns of power over to another and disapeared. She was spotted on the outer rim worlds of the Republic but no one knows where she. Last spotted on the planet Santoria, a backwater world with not to much to offer the republic in trade."

"I have gotten from mother that Padame wishes to know if Leia lives still."

Kai grinned. "I think we are in need of an adventure." he chuckled, almost the same chuckle as his father's when he was about to embark on a mission. "But how to do it so our mothers don't stop us."

"I have also got the feeling from my mother that she does not like the idea of me being in a battle zone. She feels I am to young and vunerable to fight. I have a feeling your parents don't want you in this up coming battle either. Perhaps I can convince mother to let us go on a test flight together."

"That sounds good." Kai said.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 am

Almost the instant Kai agreed with Soul, there was a booming sound that reverberated through the young leviathan. "Absolutely not!" Vera had heard everything and she wasn't pleased at all about it. At the same time as her voice sounded through them a sharp shudder caused Soul to shift violently to one side. Vera had locked her docking tentacles tightly around him. "You two are not gallivanting off somewhere without us. Do you not understand how dangerous it is out there at the moment? I forbid you to leave, either of you! And I am informing your mother about this, Kai. She will be here momentarily."
As if in response to that, Serenity arrived at the docking hole with a look that could sour milk. "Kai Diamond!" She yelled, "You get your keester out here right now, young man!"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:34 am

Kai sighed and emerged from Soul, but he stood straight and proud. "Before you say anything mother, I ask you to listen to what I have to say." he hoped his mother would be resonable. He knew from the crews of both Raven and Phoenix that she had started early in life on her piracy life. He hoped to use that to his advantage.

"I know you and dad don't want me in harms way and we are heading there. Master Luke says I am a capable apprentice, far ahead of my peers. I would have Soul here to help protect me and we would be going far from the battle zone that Vera Prime is heading. What we are planning to do is not dangerous, we are simply looking for someone." he began, "If you are ever going to trust me with growing up right, I think now is the time. I know you are worried about me getting into trouble and all, but weren't you the same way at my age?" he gave a lopside grin, then gave her the pleading puppydog eye look.

Soul was doing the same with his mother. He was trying to tell her that he had to learn to fend for himself sooner or later and now was the perfect time. That they would be far away from harms way and going to a backwater world where he was more then capable of defending himself and Kai. He brought up the subject of when he was still in her womb that he had been more powerful then any ship that came their way and had destroyed them. "I know I am young but I must find out how to deal with things on my own.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:48 pm

There was rarely a time when Serenity could resist that look from Kai, but this time was it. "Not on your life." She told him, "And don't give me the dribble about how I was doing it when I was ten, because there's a huge difference, sunshine." She lifted an eyebrow at him in sarcasm. "For starters, me and Rhama didn't have our parents to look out for us, we had to do it ourselves. Secondly, we didn't find trouble, trouble found us and we did what we had to do to survive, so don't even go there, pal. If Mum or dad had been alive, they would have told me the same thing I'm telling you right now. You got bob hope, son and that's final, understand?" She folded her arms and stared at the puppydog look, trying her best to resist it. "Look, I know where we are going is dangerous, but as long as you and Soul are aboard Vera, you're safe. We can't protect you guys if you're off gallivanting somewhere on some backways planet on your own. You're grown up beyond your years Kai and you think you know a lot, but you're still only ten and there's a whole hell of a lot you don't have a clue about yet. I ain't gonna put my only child in that situation and neither will Vera, will you?"
"Absolutely not!" Vera said firmly, "I waited a very long time for you to come along Soul and I nearly died birthing you. You're the only child I'm likely to have and I won't lose you on some wild goose chase."
"But what if I take my sands?" Kai pleaded, "They'll keep us safe too and the shadow man can't see us or feel us, nobody can."
"Exactly my point." Serenity said quickly, "I won't be able to feel you. Yes, the sands keep you safe and hidden, but what if you get hurt, or Soul, or you get lost? How am I to find you without letting the entire dark side know as well? I'm not letting you or that hot headed leviathan out of my sight, is that clear? And I know for a fact your dad will agree with me, so don't even think about playing us off, 'cause it won't work. Not this time. And the same goes for you too Soul." She snapped, "So enough, clear?"
"As crystal." Soul said sadly, "But it's still not fair."
"Life isn't fair." Serenity and Vera said in unison, but Serenity finished the remark, "So get used to it."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:29 am

Now Kai was mad. He turned and began walking away from Serenity and like when she got angry the area became real cold and icy, but with Kai it was heat and fire. The area became intollerably hot and flames licked at the walls of the corridor. This was the first instance of what would happen when he got angry. He had no real reason to get angry before.

"Much anger." Luke said. "Not a good thing for one so young and developing his skills with the force. We have learned to control the Dark Side of the force, but deep anger can still send one to it and it will consume them, like it did Anakin." There was worry in his voice. All it would take is a little shove and who knows what would happen.

Soul did not like what both his mother and Serenity said. Soul disconected his communications from his mother. Then on the coms came the warning. "Energy levels rising in your area. Rising to Dangerous levels. Suggest you exit immediately. Soul was mad as well. How was he to learn what it was to be.....well what ever he was suppose to be if he was not allowed out on his own. He had all the charts and coordinates of the planets, stars and the like. "Life is not fair? Get use to it? For them perhaps not for me." he mumbled, and was unaware of what he was doing with the energy levels.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:58 am

Serenity was the first to feel the heat and fire from Kai and quickly went after him. Vera also felt the heat and fire licking at the walls of her innards and quickly cut off all the blood supply from that area and sealed both him and Serenity in. Also, she sealed the conduits between herself and Soul as he sent her energy readings off the scale. "Calm down!" They both yelled at their sons in unison, though now apart.

Serenity quickly went to Kai and grabbed the boy, quelling the heat quickly with her own icy temperament. "Calm down." She told him again, but quietly this time. It had been a long time since she'd had to use her abilities and this temper from her son had her worried. He could do serious damage with it. "Let it go before Vera expels us both." She said quietly, "You're hurting her. Just calm down already."
"It's not fair!" Kai yelled against her, but there was no way she was letting him go, no matter what he did to her.
"I know it's not fair." Serenity told him, "But try and see it from my point of view? Please?" She lifted his chin to look at her and the heat began to cool. "You've never been away from home without an adult with you, either myself, your father, or Luke and you're still only ten years old. What if you got hurt out there, honey? What if Soul got hurt and you couldn't get home? What if you got lost? And Gods' forbid, what if someone took you? Out there isn't like Haven, son. People out there aren't nice people and they'll do whatever they can to get by. That includes kidnapping young boys and their friends for ransom. They might even kill you just because they can because that's what people do out here. They look after themselves and that's it. I know you're strong, Kai and I know your gifts can protect you to some extent, but you're still just a baby compared to what's out there." She hugged him tight....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 am

Kai calmed down a bit but was still angry. All he wanted to do was help find Leia for their new friends and for Marla. He didn't even think that Marla knew Leia was her great great grandmother. A simple trip to a planet, a little recon and sensing with the force was all he was intending to do. Soul would drop down to the surface and let him off and then place himself back in orbit and stay in constant communications with him.

Both his mother and father had gone out on special missions alone. Yeah they were adults and all but never the less there was the danger of them not coming back, being killed or taken prisoner or hurt and not able to let anyone know. But did she think of that. He bet she didn't. If he was to become a Jedi she needed to trust him and let him make decisions on his own.

Selika was not much older then he was and Marla was his age. They were out on their own. Their parents not complaining they were to young. It was just not fair.

He calmed down enough where the flames were not licking at the walls. Then he moved from her grasp and continued on down the corridor towards their quarters.

Luke came up behind Serenity. "You are right about the dangers out there, but do we not all take them ourselves. How many times have you and Krell gone off alone on some mission leaving Kai to worry if you would come home." Behind him a respectful distance was Selika and Marla. Both still children but one a Sith Lady and the other an apprentice Jedi.

"An adult could go along in a seperate ship. Of course with out his knowledge, to keep an eye on him." he took out a datapad and began searching for the information that Soul had downloaded to his memory banks. "Ka'Narl is on a world on the path to where they two young adventurers want to go. He is a Jedi, and I can contact him and have him follow the them."

At least this way Kai would feel that he was being trusted to keep him and Soul safe and be on his own for a while. Trust between Kai and his parents was essential at the moment. It was a suggestion that would calm Kai down and Soul, and give peace of mind to their mothers. But it was up to Serenity and Vera Prime.

"Energy levels still increasing and expanding." Came a voice over Serenity's com link. Soul's anger was making him expand an energy field that could destroy all living matter it touched. Soul, like Kai was unaware of what they were doing. Sense Soul had disconected his link with his mother he was unaware of her trying to calm him.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 am

Serenity didn't know what to do. It wasn't Kai that she didn't trust, it was everyone else out there. Eventually though, she had no choice but to listen to Luke and when she spotted Selika and Marla, she felt as though she was being pummelled down to mush. "Great way to undermine me, old man." She snapped, giving him as close to an admittance the pair could go as he would get. Then the warnings came back about Soul and Serenity growled in her throat.

"Vera!" She yelled.
"I'm trying!" Vera yelled back.
"Knock him out before I do!" Serenity yelled again, "I swear tot he Gods themselves, you don't stop this, I fucking will!" How she would do that, she wasn't sure yet, but she hoped the threat alone would be enough.
The leviathan tried over and over again to get her son's attention and reconnect to him, but his tantrum wouldn't allow her and in the end, she had to do something that from the inside felt as weird as it looked, the way her body suddenly twisted. From the outside, the huge ship had literally taken hold of her temper struck child and smacked him across the backside. The shock alone that she had done that distracted Soul from his tantrum and Vera managed to reconnect him into her cortex.

"Now that's enough." Vera told him firmly, but lovingly. "You can go on the damned trip, but only if you stop this tantrum immediately!"
"About damned time!" Serenity said sharply and went into the main body of Vera to explain the situation to the crew and apologise for the sudden movement and energy levels. A toddler for a leviathan; typical.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:53 am

Soul had not known what he was doing. Since he had disconnected from his mother, and his mind was so angry he had no idea that he was producing the energy that had destroyed so many ships when he was helping his mother feed when he was still in her womb. He had thought that part of him had vanished when he was born.

The smack on his backside brought him around and he was horrified to learn what he had been doing. He immediately appogized to his mother about it and asked if he had harmed anyone.

Luke almost chuckled when she snapped at him about Kai and Soul being able to go on their little adventure. He would make the call and have the Jedi Ka'Narl waiting to follow the pair and keep an eye on them.

The Ioian that had come along looked at Vera Prime's eyes and shook his head. "When we created you, it was not thought possible that you could give birth to another ship. When you returned to us with your son, we were amazed and delighted at the same time. As you recall we examined your son quite thorughly and we found a few things that were puzzling but we you being the first of your king and your son the second generation, we figured it was just natural.

"You can regenerate your living tissue when injured, change it at your will, which we designed into you. Therefore you live and have lived a very long time. In your son's case, what you think to be a very young child is not quite the case. He is maturing faster then you think, though his mind is not yet caught up to his body yet. That we feel will happen with the interaction with the boy that has become his friend. The boy is quite intelligent and seems ahead of his peers in maturity, though his body is still that of a young child. Between the boy and Soul learning on his own what the universe has in store for him, his mind will catch up with his body soon enough.

We have always wondered how you came to be with child. We did not program that into you when we created you. Can you tell me how it came to be. We have our suspicions but that would mean that there is a Male Leviathan out there somewhere. One we did not create."

He turned to Serenity as she explained everything to the crew. "Ah an interesting development. We were informed on Vera Prime's return of how Soul was able to reach out so far to gather energy for his mother while she was trapped in one spot for all those years. But for him to be able to retain such an ability, one we did not create shows that perhaps he got it from the male Leviathan, his father. Question is, where did he come from if we did not create him?"

Krell and a few others came in about that time as well and listened to the Ioian. Evidently Vera and Soul were not the only one of their kind to be out there somewhere. That could be good or it could be very, very bad.

Kai finally heard the alarms and ran back towards Soul. He was worried about his friend. By the time he got there the level of energy was down to normal and he was again inside his friend talking to him, unaware of the change of mind of both Vera Prime and his mother.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:46 am

Vera stared down at the Ioian as the lower half of the room shifted slightly. She was smiling. "Leviathan are rare." She told the ancient, "But we are out there somewhere. I am the only one with the technical ability and adaptability that you and your ancestors programmed into me, but I was once a natural creature, just like you. Obviously, the changes you made within me have had a lasting effect and others of my race are far less advanced and much more primal than myself, but I can adapt when I need to. As to your next statement." She eyed the Ioian carefully and the smile dropped, "You can alter Nature, bend it to your need and even change it from time to time, but you can never bypass it. Your programming, no matter how advanced and deep within my cortex, could never stop my mating instinct. I came to maturity and I needed to mate, it is that simple. There are many things about my nature and being that you could never stop or bypass. For example, my empathy for those I carry aboard and my connection with Serenity and her family. I consider them not my crew, but part of my family and therefore, they will rank higher than yourself within my priority parameters. Soul, as my child, will rank the highest." She went quiet for a moment before continuing.

"I do not know the name of Soul's father. Natural Leviathan do not have names like you humanoids. I would know him if I ever saw him again, but until I am ready to mate again, it is highly unlikely. He and I arrived in the mating grounds around the same time and from opposing directions, so I do not know where he came from. Some males will travel light years for a worthy female, even cross entire galaxies if they believe she is worth the risk.

Because Soul is part of myself as well as the male I mated with, he carries precisely half the genetic material that I am made of. As such, he would also gain half of everything that your ancestors augmented me with. There will of course be certain mutations within the genetic makeup that defines us as individuals later on and no doubt he will learn to adapt them to his needs as he grows. During my pregnancy with him, I was riddled with atrophy as any female would be and it is a natural behaviour for the unborn child to reach out and glean energy from wherever he or she might find it. Female Leviathan will place themselves somewhere energy is plentiful and allow their inanimate bodies to drift as the energy is absorbed. There is no conspiracy or magical reason why Soul did what he did and why I allowed it. Perhaps, Ancient?" She said carefully, "You might have been wiser to study my race in more detail before adapting me to your needs?"

All Serenity could do at that statement was laugh quietly. Clearly, the Ioian ancestors hadn't quite finished their homework before tinkering with Vera.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 am

The Ioian cocked his head to one side. He would have to confer with his kind on the matter. What Vera Prime had brought up was indeed valuable information that needed to be brought to their attention. They had been in a hurry ages ago to produce a weapon that could help defeat their enemies. Vera Prime had been used in the last battle and her weapons had played an important part in that battle. Perhaps they had been too much in a hurry to fully understand what they were doing. But the Ioian was more elated then anything else. The Ioians were always in search of new ideas and information. "Indeed we should have. But I think my people like myself will be more then pleased with the outcome of what has transpired. You are more then what we could have hoped for. But as for the male. Those few of you out there and especially the males, would not have come close to you. As you said they are primal not as intelligent as you are. That is due to the implanted brain cells and tissue of one of our own into your cortex. She was dying and asked that her DNA material be used. So a normal male of your kind would not have tried to mate with you. We fear that our enemies may have stolen our research and used it on one. If so, then there is superior male Leviathan out there somewhere. One that has a mind of its own much like you."

Krell stared at the Ioian. If there was one out there, would it be a danger to anyone, to the three governments and their planets. This was not sounding to good.

Soul and Kai talked. Soul told Kai his mother had said he could go on their trip and he thinks that means that Kai could go as well. He left Soul and went to find his mother. He saw her with his father and the Ioian talking with Vera. He tugged on his mothers shirt sleeve to get her attention. "Mom, I am sorry about what I did and how I acted. But you have to understand something. Not only do I have to prove to you and dad that I can be on my own, I have to prove it to myself. I have all this power, these abilities that Master Luke has been training me with. I have to know if I can use them the way I am suppose to and not just in training, but with their full extent. I have to know if I can cut it as a Jedi. Master Luke is here and unlike others of my age I have no Mentor that is going out on missions that will test my skills and abilities."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 am

Vera went through her memory databanks to find the correct answer for the Ioian. "No, he was not advanced." She said, "He was as one would expect to find a male of my race. he mated with me because he felt I was worth the risk. Female Leviathan are inherently more intelligent than males as it is the female that must make the necessary choices and sacrifices needed to continue her line. And to ease things along, I shut down all but my primary functions so as not to overwhelm him. What he saw was a young female that was just a little smarter than the others in the breeding circle. I chose him over others because he was stronger and younger than the others, enhancing the likelihood of strong young and future prospects. I did not detect any augmentations in him, but it is possible he may have fooled me as I fooled him. Should we cross paths again, I may learn the truth." The bottom of the room began to shift again in another smile, "And to be honest, to have another of my kind with the same intellect would be a pleasure. I may even resign myself to be monogamous with him should the partnership be worthwhile?"

Serenity looked down as Kai tugged on her sleeve and smiled down at him. He apologised and she ducked down a little to be level with him. "I understand, kiddo." She said to him with a nod and a smile, "And I'm sorry too for flat out denying you the chance. I guess I'm just not ready to accept that you're growing up on me." She touched his cheek, "To me, you're still my baby boy that used to cry in the night for me and curl up on the couch for an afternoon nap with me." She kissed his cheek lightly and smiled into his eyes. "Just promise me you and Soul will stay in contact and let me know that you're fine and don't flaunt your gifts, ok? Don't draw attention when you don't need it and whatever you do, for Gods' sake, don't be showing off? Can you do that for me?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next