The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male)

2 posters

Go down

What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Empty What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male)

Post by SS3Pan Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:23 am

What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Animeg11

“ They’re late….” Ivordine muttered to herself as she fiddled around with the steering wheel of her ship. Her four friends still weren’t here yet, even though they had all agreed to meet up at the dock behind her house 15 minutes ago. Patience just wasn’t really in her, so it was already beginning to run thin at the little attention spam her friends possessed. A restless sigh escaped her lips as she moved away from the steering wheel to walk over to the side of the deck, the gentle breeze rustling through her blonde ponytail, which streamed down to her thighs. Placing her elbows on the rails of the ship, her bored, lavender eyes watched the island’s shore as the clear, gentle waves swished on and off the edge of the white sand, becoming stronger with each push. She kept following the waves over and over, until she saw something that made her frown. Whenever the waves grew stronger, they grew a little bigger when they collided with the shore, so she couldn’t make out what the waves had brought onto the shore, but when they finally faded away, she realized that the waves had brought in an actual person--a man, at that! He appeared to be unconscious too, which was pretty obvious because of his still, somewhat stiff-looking body. He almost looked like he was dead--no, he couldn’t be, could he? Quickly, Ivordine hopped over the railing of the ship, landing lightly on the pure sand before she made her way over to the young-looking guy. Suddenly, her running ceased and she stopped abruptly when she came within 3 feet of his unconscious body. Thanks to her androphobia, she didn’t want to get any closer to him. Long story. Anyway, she knew that rolling him over with her bare hands to see if he was okay was out of the question, so she came up with another solution. Glancing around, Ivordine found a long stick that was about 3 feet, so she grabbed it swiftly and slowly began to move the stick towards the unconscious man. Before she was able to poke him with it though, something made her stiffen up in her tracks. First, she heard a 13 year-old boy happily call out, “ Ivy!”--which she immediately recognized to be Timmithe’s voice--, then she felt Timmithe jump up and cling to her back. God, she hated when he did that. She instantly went pale, despite that her natural skin tone was of a light brown hue, and yelled like a mad woman. She didn’t have a high-pitched scream either, so it sounded pretty serious. It didn’t matter how young or old the person was--if it was a male that was this close to her, then she was going to freak out from her phobia of men. “ Ahhhhh!!!! Get him off me!! Ahh!! Get him the fuck off of me!! Get off, you little brat!!” she yelled, now running around the beach like she was completely insane, all the while still having a laughing boy clinging to her back. “ Tim, stop teasing Ivy! You know that she doesn’t like it when you do that!” Carmanette, a 17 year-old girl, said as she walked up on the beach with Annadelia and Jade, who were suppressing their laughs from the silly display that was taking place. Carmanette frowned at her little brother and folded her arms across her chest. “ Well, that’s obvious…” Timmithe said through a chuckle as he finally got off of Ivordine’s back, noticing the unconscious man just as everyone else did. “ Hey, who’s that??” Annadelia asked as she ran up beside the unconscious guy. “ I don’t know--he just rolled up onto the beach not too long ago….” Ivordine told them after she stopped shooting dagger-like glares at Tim. The 13 year-old girl suddenly gasped. “ Is he…dead?!” she exclaimed with wide eyes. “ I don’t think so….” Jade cut in as he walked up beside the guy, feeling for a pulse. “ Nope, he’s not--just unconscious….” he said as he gently rolled the guy over onto his back. Jade was about 19 years old, making him the oldest out of the group since Ivy was 18. “ Let’s put a hold on our visit to Kanna Island and make sure this man’s alright first….” Carmanette calmly suggested as she helped Jade pick him up. Truthfully, Ivordine was the strongest one here, despite her slim appearance, but there was no way in hell that she was getting near that guy. “ Well, you guys already made me wait fifteen minutes, so yeah, let’s just put him in the house and wait for him to wake up….” Ivordine said, muttering out the first part of her statement before they all headed back to the house. “ I really wanted to go to the city island…..” Annadelia mumbled as her black hair fell over her face. “ Don’t worry, we’ll still get to go….” Ivordine said to her with a slight smile on her face, her hand lightly patting the top of her head. When they reached the house, Jade placed the guy onto a bed in the guest room while Ivy looked him over from afar. “ Well, he’s definitely not from any of the islands around here….” she said to her friends. They immediately picked up on what she was talking about. His clothes were pretty heavy, too heavy to have been from one of the islands around here. It was always very hot on their island, so everyone was always lightly dressed--not really in an explicit way though. Tim had on a sleeveless vest with no shirt underneath it and a pair of pants. Jade wasn’t wearing a shirt, but he had on a long pair of pants as well. Anne had on a tank top and a pair of shorts that she had picked out not too long ago. Carma had on a simple pair of capris, along with a tummy-bearing shirt while Ivy wore long, baggy, purple pants and a top that resembled a sports bra. And she had on her purple bandana, as usual. “ So then, where could he be from?” Tim questioned curiously. No one answered his question because that was when the man began to stir. “ Hey, he’s waking up!” Anne notified, being the first one to run over to his side. She was followed by everyone else--well, except for Ivy. “ Sir, are you alright? How are you feeling?” Carmanette asked quickly as curious eyes hovered on the man they stood over his bedside. Ivy was, of course, way in the back, but her head was pretty visible behind everyone else since she was at a decent height.

(Need someone to be the man that washed up on the island ^^ Just to let you know, this will eventually turn out into a romance with my main character, Ivordine)
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Female Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Empty Re: What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male)

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:50 pm

((heyy, heh ^_^' i really like this one...and want to join it...with either my character Phelan or Cayden (they are the last two on my RPC list) and i know I haven't replied to our other one>.< im straining my brain, but I'm working on it...It'll be up soon.))
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Male Number of posts : 3326
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://yaoifantasy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Empty Re: What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male)

Post by SS3Pan Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 pm

(I'm glad you like and sure, you can join it with any of those characters ^^ They both look interesting and it's cool if you're still working on the other one--lol, my bad if I made my last post kind of hard to respond to)
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Yelling. Cursing. The sound of weapons, metal hitting metal. The splash of water. The rush of the waves. Then the tranquility of the nothingness that surrounded him and eventually forced him to drift off, whether it was lack of air, or the stress of what had happened he would never really know. That was all Cayden could remember in the blur that had passed through him memory at the last moment before everything went dark. It seemed like mere moment to him, and in all reality it was. It was then for that brief moment he was sure that he had lost the game that was his life and he was never going to wake up again. If he had been awake he probably would have enjoyed the feeling of flight that one is given when surrounded by water, but you can't enjoy these sort of things when out cold. So many things left undone...so many things he would never be able to complete. Had he been awake he would have felt the sand suddenly underneath his young yet well traveled and strong frame. He would have soon after heard the yelling from a young lady not very far off at all, he would have felt himself carried away once more. But he was not aware of any of this. In his unconscious mind he heard nothing he saw nothing. There was nothing it was like a false death. But then...his mind started to work with him once more and he started to stir. A rush of relief filled him, he was not over yet, that had not been the end for him. The sudden thought that filled his now working again mind, it made him sigh deeply through his nose, his chest heaving slightly with that. His grey eyes started to flicker open and as they did that relief he had felt moment ago started to vanish as he saw the um familiar area and immediately thought the worst, he had been kidnapped hadn't he, his life would soon be over. Or these were people who knew his secrets and wanted to use him to fight. He heard voices. They didn't sound dangerous but he was still cautious as he started to pushing himself onto his elbows. His vision was blurry he could only see blurry shapes, that looked as though thy could be people in between flashes of silver which he immediately recognized as his own hair. His vision was slowly getting better and he did notice that these people were rather young. His guard was still up though. He was wondering why it was so hot, he had at first wondered if it was just him but, it was actually very hot. His long sleeved high collared silver jacket had been done up all the way where he was before and he wore rather tight black jeans with a few tears in the knees and his leather, fingerless gloves. But all this was hot. He wondered where he was, what he was doing here, what had happened before he had blacked out was all a blur. It was then that he realized what was said was directed at him. He blinked and rubbed his eyes slightly, "Me? Uh...I'm...fine...I guess, just really hot..." He managed to say. But talking made him realize how hungry and thirsty he was as well, "Also kinda uh...thirsty" he added sitting up and finally getting a good look at all the people that were surrounding him. Just looking at them made him relax slightly, none of them looked as though they could really be a threat, at least...they didn't right now. He shifted around slightly trying to get comfortable since he had been sitting on his long silver ponytail and it had been pulling on his scalp, just shifting he did manage to get it out from under him and it lay beside him, it was extremely long still, which was good to see. Cayden loved his hair. He looked back at these people and wondered again how he had ended up getting here of all places.

(LoL. I decided to use Cayden because I'm already pretty sure of how to use him. And it's not that its hard to respond to it thats I'm to lazy to stay working with it. I'll get it eventually, even if it is kind of short.)
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:49 am

Everyone seemed a little more at ease when a response was given to Carmanette’s concerned questions, but then they all realized that they were kind of in his personal space, so the four of them backed up. Ivy didn’t have to since she was no longer in the room and wasn‘t even close by him to begin with. She had moved off into the kitchen to scrounge up a cold glass of water for the guy, having an intuitive feeling that he might be thirsty. Who knew how long had been in the ocean for. Apparently, she hadn’t been keeping track of how much food there was in her house because, well, there was nothing in the fridge or in the cabinets. Meanwhile, back in the room, Carmanette smiled when he stated that he was really hot. “ Well, that’s probably because you have that jacket on you in 98 degree weather….” she said, right before Ivy came into the room with the glass of water in her hands. It was almost at a perfect timing too, because it was around when he said that he was thirsty. Ivy kneeled down slightly to pass Anne the glass of water, watching as she trotted back up to his bedside to hand it to him, her two high ponytails bouncing slightly around her head. “ Mister, you really have a ‘cute’ gene….” Anne said through a light giggle as she handed him the water. Although she had just made an innocent comment, it made Tim frown for some strange reason. “ What does that have to do with anything?” Ivordine asked her a bit flatly, knowing how random the little girl could be sometimes. “ That’s a good question….” Anne began, looking up thoughtfully now. Ignoring the out-of-place comment, Jade looked back at the guy. “ You know you just washed up on the beach, right? Where exactly did you come from?” Jade asked him, wondering for a moment if it was possible for him to be from the other side of the world. “ And what’s your name?” Timmithe asked out of curiosity, after he erased the frown from his face. Yep, no one was really a threat here--maybe to each other when they started fighting or when they had to pose a threat, but that was a different story. Ivy and Carma exchanged glances with one another when they heard the first few questions being directed towards the guy--they both knew where this was going, so before all of the curious questioning could get out of hand, Ivy cut in. “ You guys, how about we start out by telling him where he is before all of the questioning?” Ivy told her friends instead of suggesting it first. If she suggested it, then that would just take up more time from everyone pondering over the suggestion and she didn’t care much for waiting around. Truthfully, she wanted to ask questions just as much as everyone else did, but that could wait until the more important elements were said. She stood up from the dresser she was sitting on top of momentarily and folded her arms over her purple sports bra top. She was still also about a good four feet from his bed. “ For starters, you’re on Tomi Island, south of the--gah!” Ivordine began in an informative way, but suddenly gave out a short yell and jumped back when Jade got a little too close to her from just shifting around. “ Sorry, sorry--I forgot….” Jade apologized quickly, sweat dropping as he paused in his movements. Unlike Tim, he respected her odd phobia and tried to keep a little distance between them. Carma just sighed and finished off for Ivy. “ Excuse her, but anyway, she was about to say that Tomi Island’s south of the Alkai border--just in case you were wondering where you were….” Carma said to the man after shifting her green orbs his way. She still found it amazing that Ivordine was a pretty good leader when she had to be one, despite the way she acted sometimes.

(Lol, oh okay XD By the way, do you have another picture of Cayden? I couldn’t see the one in the profile and I have pics for most of the characters in this, but I still haven’t found a good one for Jade or Carma yet….and hopefully this post is okay, I went a little brain-dead in the middle of writing it ><)

AnneWhat You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Sautag10
TimWhat You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Timmit10
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:30 am

Cayden just looked at the people around him as they started all talking as though at once. Though his jacket probably was the reason he was so hot. He unzipped it and pulled it off, he hadn't been wearing anything underneath it so now his pale, thin yet muscular chest was exposed. He sat and pretty much just listened to these people fussing over him. He didn't plan on saying much to them, but at least he was sure he was safe now. He took the water from he young girl who offered it to him and he cocked an eyebrow at the comment, he felt a sarcastic remark bubbling up trying to escape but he washed it away with a good gulp of water. That felt amazing on his parched throat. Then, just as he had been waiting for, they started to question him. As they spoke he rolled his eyes slightly and took another sip of the water. But the girl in purple made them stop questioning him, which was a good thing because yet another few sarcastic, smartalic remarks were barely being held back. He sighed through his nose glad that he was finally going to know where the hell he was, even if the way she said it was saying that the question going to be directed at Cayden was inevitable. Oh well, at least it was...'postponed' for now. He listened with some patience as she started explain, but couldn't help but cock an eyebrow at her sudden small outburst. He was suddenly slightly curious as to what sparked that reaction from her, he hadn't seen anything strange happen, at least not anything that the other guy would have to apologize for. He didn't say anything but turned to the other girl as she took up the explanation. He blinked a couple times, with a rather expressionless look before smirking and shaking his head, "Is it weird for me to not know where that is?" he asked with a laugh, locking his grey eyes on this girls green. He didn't know if it was strange or not, but being locked up all his life didn't help his knowledge of the world. He cupped his hands in his lap and almost laughed out loud. He had no idea how he ended up here, or what exactly was going to happen to him but the thought of it, he found, was down right hilarious. In all his life nothing truly exciting had ever happened to him. One hundred years locked up. He wondered if these people would even know his age just by looking at him, though he was sure he looked around the same age as they were, at least he was always told he looked young, mainly because the people who he did know were jealous of how it seemed as though he didn't age. He was sure...somewhere...his age would be visible, maybe it was possible by looking in his eyes...no he doubted it, he acted the way he looked, hell he acted like a little child a lot of the time. He was pretty sure these people would not see him as that much different. And he hoped they never would.

What You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Cayden
((tis this one visible ^o.o))
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:37 am

This was such a typical scene. Tim, Anne, and Jade all talking at once and making a fuss over something--well, it wasn‘t really like Jade to do it. It was usually Tim and Anne that caused the simultaneous talking events since they never seemed to hear when either one of them were talking. Ivy found it strange that they only seemed to do it to the people they knew really well though. Carma and Ivy would’ve been surprised if the three of them didn’t fuss or talk all at once. Most of the time, Ivy would’ve been like, “ Alright, guys--shut the hell up!”, but for some reason, she decided not to say that. Instead, she stated that they should tell him where he was before all of the stupid questions. Apparently, Carma had to finish off Ivordine’s sentence because of the minor ‘freak-out’ session she had just went through, but then Carma tilted her head to the side thoughtfully when he asked if it was weird for him to not know where their island was. It actually wasn’t that bizarre--there were plenty of people that didn’t know about Tomi Island because it was in such an isolated place, which was why you needed a boat to get to the closest city island, considering that it was a two-hour trip even with some sort of transportation. Even the landmarks around the island weren’t always very familiar with people. “ Well, not really….” Carma said in a pondering voice, as if she was still considering whether it was strange or not. Her hand gently combed through her short, red hair subconsciously, the pigtail on the top of her head neatly falling against the back of her head, stopping at the base of her neck. The rest of her straight hair stopped just under her chin, making it obvious that her hair was purposely cut that way. “ This island isn’t really well-known anyway….” she added in, finally deciding to come to a conclusion on that. In the meantime, Ivy was frowning while adjusting the purple bandana on her head with one of her hands. She hated it when she had to readjust herself after each startle she ran into. “ Speaking of islands, can we go to the other island now? Please?” Anne asked as she looked up to Ivy with her pleading, chocolate orbs. “ Yeah!” Tim cheered, causing Anne to start hopping up and down in her spot excitedly. After stopping her from hopping by firmly pushing down on the top of her head, Ivy pointed to the door that led out to the hallway. “ Go….” Ivy said to them, backing up as they ran by her and out the door. The two of them both knew that “Go” meant, “ Wait for us in the ship….” in Ivy’s language. When the younger kids were gone, Ivy looked back at Jade, as if expecting him to run out with the kids too. “ That’s not gonna work with me….” Jade muttered as he folded his arms, making Ivy smirk a little. “ There’s all kinds of sports gear and clothes on Kami Island you know….” Ivy said in a matter-of-fact tone of voice. “ Okay, I’ll go wait on the boat….” he said quickly, disappearing into the hallway just as quickly as he spoke. Carma started making her way to the door while Ivy looked back at the silver-haired man. “ You coming with us? You’re welcome to do so….” Ivy said to him in a casual tone before she walked out the room as well, pausing for that moment to hear his reply. Meanwhile, she subconsciously began to twist the silver stud that was in the third piercing on her ear lobe. During the moment she paused, a red parrot flew in from out of the hallway and nonchalantly took a seat upon Ivy’s shoulder. She barely acknowledged it though, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to have a parrot come from out of nowhere and rest on you. Most people would mind a stranger staying in their home, but she didn’t really care about that, though if he was hungry, he would probably have to look elsewhere if he didn’t come with them because the house was completely empty of food. Ivy had no idea how that happened so suddenly. She probably wasn’t paying attention to it again.

(Nice pic ^^ Oh yeah and my bad for the wait--I grew kind of busy this week after starting my college courses)

CarmaWhat You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Knoxsm10

JadeWhat You Can Find On An Island's Shore (Male) Magnac10
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Cayden nodded as he was told it wasn't that strange to not know where his island was, it made him feel a little less weird, though he couldn't help but always be slightly uncomfortable around humans, even if they didn't know he wasn't one. They started to talk again and he listened though it looked as though he was just thinking,with his brows furrowed as he looked down at his gloved hands in his lap. Then they were all suddenly leaving and he looked up with a cocked eyebrow having no real idea as to what exactly was going on and why they were just leaving some person they had just found half dead washed up on the beach and had seemed to abandoned all thoughts of questioning Cayden, whose name they still didn't even know. So now he expected to be alone in this stranger's home, the thought wasn't all to appealing to him. He hadn't expected to be invited to go with them but the girl with the purple did end up asking him if he wanted to join them. He looked at her with eyes slightly wide. He stood up and stretched slightly, his body kind of stiff from not moving much in the past...who knows how long. "I think I'll go, I'd like to look around a bit more..." He said. He wondered about the parrot that flew out of no where and landed on this girls shoulder for only a moment before making his conclusion that it seemed to complete her look. He took a couple steps towards her, "lead the way." He said gesturing for her to leave. He figured talking about the bird would be a bit weird so he decided not to just figuring that it was a pet or something along those lines. Right now he was still a bit more curious as to how he had managed to get here from wherever he had been before, which he still wasn't completely sure of, but this place they were going, Kami Island, which was yet another name he had never heard of before, would jog something in his memory so he'd be able to at least remember a name or something that he could relate to where he was from, not that he particularly wanted to go back, he was just...curious. Then he realized he was going out in public and he was going to look so strange, all these people seemed to tan and used to the heat, while he was pale as paper and had never really experienced any outside environment. This was going to be difficult to adapt to, he knew that much.

((oh, it's alright I don't mind ^_^ school doesnt start for another week and a half for me. So i'm just sittin around doing absolutely nothing. ))
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Ivordine couldn’t put her finger on it, but there was something….different about this guy. It wasn’t really his pale skin because there were people with pale skin on the island, like Tim and Carma, or the fact that he was heavily clothed for this hot weather when he washed up on the shore. No, it was none of those that made him different from everyone she had met and although her and her friends were human, they weren’t exactly very normal themselves--especially Ivy. In fact, it was just his eyes that made him seem kind of different. For a split second, she had locked her lavender optics with his own and noticed that they appeared to be kind of….well, wise-looking, as if he had lived for much longer than his appearance gave away. No, he couldn’t have been no older than 19, at the most….right? All of these thoughts left as quickly as they came because when the man responded to her question, she pushed herself out of her analytical thoughts and nodded once, mentally sighing out of relief when he had just taken a few steps towards her and gestured for her to leave the room first. That way, he wouldn’t get so close to her. She turned around and walked out of the room, through the hallway and out the backdoor where the little dock was, as well as the wooden ship. The large boat looked like it could’ve belonged to a pirate, but of course, Ivy was no pirate--even if she did have many of a pirate’s characteristics and appearances. She wasn’t really intending to just leave him by himself though, seeing as he had just washed up on the beach almost half dead. If he had decided to stay, she would’ve had someone stay with him, but he appeared to be alright to her, which was why she thought that it was alright to head to the other island now. This was another trait that made him a little different to her. Most of the normal people she knew wouldn’t have been on their feet so quickly after being washed up onto the beach in an unconscious state, after moving through the ocean for--well, it had to be a long time. She assumed that it was because of what he had been wearing. It wasn’t exactly that time of the year for it be chilly, so he had to have come from a pretty far away distance. When Ivy finally reached the ship, she went up the ramp that was lying against the sand and asked right before she reached the deck, “ So, what can we call you by?” She remembered that they never got an answer for the name question. In the meantime, Jade pulled up the ramp and closed it up. Since it was retractable and could become shorter as much as it could extend, it perfectly fit into the square opening where the ramp once was, closing up the ship’s edge completely when Jade pulled it up. While Jade was doing that, Carma was preparing to release to sails and Anne and Tim were pulling down the lever on side of the ship together, which caused the anchor that was keeping the ship in place to slowly roll back into its original place instead of being matted into the ground. Just when the anchor came up, Carma released the sails, allowing them to immediately catch the light breeze that began to push them towards the ocean and pull them farther and farther away from the shore. The waves seemed to assist greatly with the beginning movements of the ship as well.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:29 am

Cayden followed her out of the room putting his leather gloved hands into his pockets and looking around at everything in sight as they walked towards...oh well would you look at that, a boat that looked like a pirate ship. He looked at the boat then to his guide here and had to really bite his tongue to suppress his laughter and rude, sarcastic comments at this point. He didn't say anything and continued to follow her up onto the large ship as everyone on board started to move around and get everything ready. It looked kinda weird, but again he bit his tongue and it was a miracle it wasn't bleeding yet, but this was what he was accustomed to when he was going to say something or laugh like he was going to know, because in the past, if he didn't, he would've got punished, and now, if he didn't, he would probably be hated or shunned. He looked over at the purple girl as she asked for something they could call him. He shrugged and smiled, "My name's Cayden. And what about all of you, I don't think I caught all of your names either." He said looking around at everyone else on the large ship as it started to move out into the water. Cayden had never really experienced anything like this, and he had expected it to be odd, and it sort of was, but he wasn't going to complain, he didn't have anything to complain about...yet. He looked at the long haired blond who's hair pretty much matched his in length and awaited an answer.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:35 pm

Right after the ship started moving out to sea, everyone began to reassemble onto the deck again, just when Cayden answered Ivy’s question on what to call him by. “ Well, pleased to meet you, Cayden….name’s Ivy….” Ivy said to him with a light smile, walking up a short set of stairs to get to the boat’s steering wheel while Carma decided to introduce herself next. “ My name is Carmanette, or Carma for short….” Carma stated, glancing over to Jade when he spoke, who was near the rail just to admire the nice waves. It almost made him wish that he had brought his surfboard with him, but perhaps he would be able to obtain a better one once they arrived at the other island. “ My name’s Jade….” Anne and Tim cut in right after him, wasting no time. “ I’m Anne!” she said loud enough to be heard from the other side of the deck. “ And I’m Tim!” Anne turned to him with a grin. “ Don’t you mean Timmithe?” Anne asked, which made Tim frown and sweat-drop. “ I prefer Tim….” he replied through a mutter. “ I can see why….” Jade commented absent-mindedly, but in a thoughtful tone at the same time. Anne and Tim were both really close to the rails, a bit too close and what they were doing near the rail was enough to catch Ivy’s eyes. “ Hey, if you fall in, I’m not jumping in after you two….” Ivy informed them in a flat voice after taking note of the somewhat dangerous actions they were performing. She slightly tipped the wooden steering to make a gentle turn when suddenly, she heard Tim’s voice right beside her. “ Can I drive??” he asked quickly, making her fully realize that he was standing barely two inches away from her. Of course, that caused a mild outburst to occur, especially since he seemed to get from where he was on the deck to the spot beside her at the speed of light. There was something about people coming out of nowhere that added to the edginess of her phobia, so without thinking straight, she accidentally jerked the steering wheel while trying to jump away from him simultaneously, which made the entire ship jerk with its sharp turn in the process. While all of this was happening, she managed to yell out with her eyes dilated and her pupils shrunken, “ Hey! G-get the hell away from me--you know I don’t like you all up on me like that!” It was strange how the driver of the vehicle never seemed to notice their own sharp turns, let alone be effected by it. Previously, everyone had their own tasks in preparing the ship to go out to sea and apparently, Ivy’s task was to basically drive the ship and keep it on the right path, but surprisingly, even with thar sharp right turn included, the ship was still heading in the right direction. The sudden harsh movement of the boat caused Carma and Jade to stumble around, eventually bumping into each other while Anne fell back on her ass, giving Ivy a momentary, but universal ‘what the fuck’ expression. The parrot that was residing on Ivy's shoulder had moved from her shoulder the minute she jumped, so he was now perched upon one of the higher poles on the ship. It was almost as if he was eyeing her a bit warily from there now. Tim wasn’t really as fortunate though. Since he was once standing beside Ivy, the spot just over the short staircase, he lost his balance within the jolty turn and fell down the stairs, landing on his head. He was so glad that it was a short staircase. “ Oww….” he mumbled, slowly sitting back up as he rubbed his head with both hands. “ Tim, I told you to stop surprising her like that, especially when she’s driving! You know how she gets!” Carma said through a glare towards her younger brother. Ivy relaxed a little with the increased distance between her and Tim, but then she blinked and looked forward at the steering wheel, eventually realizing what she just did. “ Whoops, my bad you guys….” she said as she rubbed the back of her head and looked ahead a little further out to see. “ Hm, we’re still on track through….” Ivy murmured, finding that kind of surprising with the unexpected turn and all.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Cayden nodded to himself his hands resting on his hips as he listened to everyone state their names, "Alright...I think I got it..." he said more in a whisper to himself running one of his hands through the long silver bangs that almost covered his face, he let out a short sigh pretty sure he could remember a few little names, it was nothing he couldn't handle, even if this was his first real human contact aside from those scientists and their partners, but he'd rather not think about that, in fact the thoughts were literally knocked out of his head as their was a sharp turn and he stumbled slightly, spreading his legs and flailing his arms slightly to keep himself from falling over at the unexpected movement. When the sharp movement subsided he stood with a regular posture once again and cleared his throat slightly as though to say nothing had just happened, he hadn't just lost his cool or anything. He looked over at Ivy as she recovered, his brows furrowed as he thought, though he saw no real reason for her to have done something like that all of a sudden. Then he heard Carma talk to Tim and his grey eyes drifted over to them instead, he couldn't help but be curious, with this being his first time ever seeing something like this. He strode over to Carma, not liking the entire boat thing, and finding it weird to walk, he stopped by her and said in a low and quiet voice, "If you don't mind my asking...what the fuck was that?" he asked, his eyes drifting to Ivy then back to Carma as he cocked a silver eyebrow and awaited a response, something like that should have one, shouldn't it? He really didn't know but would hope for the best.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Everyone seemed to quickly recover from the sudden turn--it wasn’t exactly something that never occurred anyway. Ivy was a good driver and all, but sometimes, things tended to distract her every now and then and/or scare the hell out of her, in this case. In the meantime, Annithe was getting back up from the floor, Jade was regaining his posture, and Tim was still rubbing his head….while getting a brief scolding from his older sister. She wasn’t really one to yell, so she just kept a firm voice. “ Tim, listen….you can’t keep messing with Ivy like that--you’re going to put us all in danger one day if you keep it up!” Carma said to him as her brother sat on a bench, looking up at her with a look of slight dismay on his face. Come to think of it, he just did. “ But I was just--!” Tim tried to speak, but he stopped immediately when his sister’s finger pointed right in his face. “ No buts! Now you had better keep your distance from her right now, or else I’m going to have to use this belt--get my drift?” Carma said with a frown as she gestured to the extremely hard and silvery belt that was around the top of her capris. Tim just sweat-dropped, but nodded his head quickly as he said, “ Okay, okay--I get it!” Carma suddenly blinked when she heard a low and quiet voice from behind her, turning around swiftly to see that it was Cayden. Meanwhile, this gave Tim the chance to dismiss himself, so he did it as quickly as he could while Carma placed a hand on her chin in a thoughtful manner, thinking of the best way to explain what had just happened to Cayden. “ Well, you see…Ivy has a little problem--well, a phobia to be more precise….” she began, her hand moving to the side of her head. “ She’s afraid of men, no matter what age they are, so I suppose you could say that the way Tim kind of snuck up on her jumped her a little….what freaks her out the most is physical contact in any sort of way, so when a guy invades her personal space….something like what just happened usually occurs….” she finished off with a slight nod of her head. It was definitely an odd phobia, so she wondered for a moment if he would find it strange or bizarre. Most people did. By now, Ivy was calm again--well, as calm as she could ever get. She was steering quite smoothly again, though the movement of the waves could still be felt underneath them. There was something about that feeling that she loved. She enjoyed being in the ocean overall.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:41 am

Cayden nodded again at the explanation he was given, it seemed odd, and really did take all his power to keep from laughing, but he did manage to keep a rather serious face on, "Alright...that, sure explains it." He said scratching the back of his head, he looked over at Ivy examining her for a moment before looking back at Carma, "Thanks." He stated with a nod before he decided he'd like a word with Ivy, he didn't know how to deal with people with weird phobias, but he guessed he could work around it. He cleared his throat quite loudly as he stood about three feet from her, wondering where her personal space started, hoping he didn't breach it, not wanting to do a face plant like Tim had. "That sort of thing isn't going to happen often, is it? Believe it or not, this is my first time on a ship." he said with a smile not bothering to add the that i can remember onto the end of that. He wasn't one hundred percent sure why he was trying to strike up a conversation with a person that would be terrified of him if he got any closer, but...she was rather intriguing so, hell, why not? At least that's what he told himself as he waited for her to respond, and he could honestly say that he was a little nervous, he didn't want her to snap at him.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:05 pm

“ No problem….” Carma replied after he thanked her, a bit surprised that he didn’t start laughing at Ivy’s phobia. Most people did just that. She shrugged it off though, and walked off when Cayden made his way over to Ivy on the higher deck. Ivy didn’t realize he was there yet, but when he cleared his throat loudly, that made her turn her head in his direction. Thankfully, she had managed to keep her hands on the wheel while doing so. Being about three feet from her didn’t really trigger her phobia, so she didn’t jump like before. If he was maybe about a foot from her--well, then she would’ve probably jumped. Rubbing the back of her bandana-covered head in a pondering sort of way at his question, she began, “ Nah, I’m pretty steady with the boat most of the time--Tim just sort of….jumped me….with that little rat face of his….” She averted her eyes, grumbling that part through gritted teeth and under her breath flatly before turning back to him with a slgiht smile. It didn’t really matter if he heard that last part or not though. Ivy may have said that, but she thought that Tim was a cute kid....when he wasn't being, well, Tim. “ Heh, so yeah, sorry about that….” she added in as she removed the hand from behind her head. “ Hm, you’re pretty steady on your feet for your first time being on a boat though….how are you liking the entire boat scenario so far….?” she questioned out of curiosity, knowing that if he didn’t like it, he would have to endure it for about an hour more since it was a two-hour trip. She casually brushed the blonde bangs from out of the way of her eyesight, knowing that it would turn out pretty disastrous if she was suddenly blinded by her own hair while steering a boat. That happened before when she was younger, so she knew it was possible.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Cayden smirked at her comments on Tim, sure seemed he got on people's nerves easily...and also often, especially Ivy's, but maybe it was only worse for her because of her phobia, he didn't really know, but would assume that was the case. He was glad though that he had given her enough distance to not have her jump and jerk the steering again, he would note the distance he was at now, and try to keep this faraway from her on a regular basis. "No need to be sorry, stuff happens." He said after she apologized for her little mishap. At the next statement though he frowned as he thought it over, he was always pretty steady on his feet, maybe it had to do with his powers and make sure he stayed in an upright position even when on a boat in the middle of the ocean as it rocked back and forth...or maybe he had been on a boat before but just couldn't remember that he was actually used to this kinda of thing. "Well...I can deal with it, I'm sure it could be worse, at least the waters are relatively calm, and aside from that one little mishap, I can stand perfectly fine, I don't fall, it's something I just don't do." He said with a smirk, finally getting rid of the frown from his features. "It's better then swimming...never really cared for getting wet that much, it takes hours for my hair to dry..." He complained looking out at the blue that surrounded the ship, looking out till the horizon, getting slightly lost in the vastness of the water before looking back at Ivy, the same smirk on his face.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:09 pm

For a moment, Ivy cocked her head to the side a little, discreetly taking in his distance from her. Then, her lavender optic slipped over to Carma, who was talking amongst Jade while keeping an eye on Anne and Tim--she knew that Ivy or Jade wasn’t going to keep an eye on them for long periods of time, so someone had to. Did Carma tell him about her--nah, maybe Cayden was just one of those people that actually respected someone’s personal space. Most of the people she had met didn’t even know what that meant, so that was probably one of the things that made Cayden interesting to her….aside from the fact that he had washed up on the shore of their island half alive and all. That just made her even more curious about him, especially since he hadn’t stated where he came from. While he told her that there was no need to be sorry because stuff just happened sometimes, Ivy gently turned the wheel with one of her hands, scanning the area as she did so, just to make sure that she was still on the right trail. When she looked back at him, he was frowning after she mentioned that he was pretty steady on his feet. It looked like a thoughtful frown though, so it kind of made her ponder on what he was thinking about before he spoke again. Well, he said that he could deal with it, so that was good. He was right though--the waters were relatively calm for once, which meant that the boat’s motion was also rather calm. It definitely could’ve been worse, but truthfully, she wouldn’t have minded if that was the case. It would certainly make things more exciting, but she kept that thought to herself, so she just ended up saying, “ Yeah, guess it could be worse….” She raised an eyebrow at him when he told her that falling just wasn’t something he did though. “ Huh….” she said thoughtfully, assuming that that would’ve been a nice trait to have. Then she began to smirk a little herself after he started to complain about never really caring about getting wet that much. “ Yeah, looks like that’s the case….you do have long hair….” she commented casually and a bit randomly, as if her own hair length wasn’t as long as his own. She didn’t mind swimming, but she did understand what he meant--it did take a long time for her hair to dry off as well. Instead of turning the wheel to the right, she twisted it to the left with a bit more force, still keeping the smooth movements in the process. She had always hated practicing turns at a younger age, but now that she had gotten the hang of it, she didn't mind performing them all too much anymore, mainly because she no longer toppled over the ship while doing so.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Cayden laughed lightly at the comment on his hair, he ran a hand through his bangs and they right back where they had been. His hair was something he was very proud of, his ponytail easily reaching the back of his knees,though his didn't like the way it constantly swayed with the movement of the boat because he wasn't wearing a shirt and it tickled the skin on his back which was something he wasn't used to. He moved his hand to the back of his neck and ran his fingers through about a foot of the silky straight silver hair. "Your is pretty decent too, pretty close to the length of mine really...it's the first time I've seen that." he said with a smile, folding his arms over his chest again. He noticed how she seemed to be able to steer this huge ship with barely any effort, as though it was as natural as breathing, it made him wonder how hard it might actually be if she made it look so easy, "You're good with a ship...I'm guessing it takes a lot of practice though...you make it seem so easy." he said looking out over the water again, he did find it very interesting, even if he didn't like being in it. He let out a quiet rather relaxed sigh as he finally drew his eyes back to Ivy and awaited a response.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Oh, right. She almost forgot that her hair was just about as long as his, even though it kept getting in the way of her eyesight. At the reminder though, she smiled slightly and scratched the side of her head a little, with a, “ Oh yeah….” expression on her face momentarily. She didn’t really have much of a problem with it tickling her back, probably because she was wearing something over her chest and he didn’t have a shirt on. The bandana sort of kept it in place too, so it didn’t sway as much with the boat’s motion. Altogether, her hair was a little too heavy to move that much on its own anyway. When Cayden commented on her driving skills, Ivy smirked again and shrugged her shoulders lightly. “ Oh, it’s not that hard--it’s easier when you know where you’re going though….” she said to him before looking up with a thoughtful expression on her face. “ I’ve been at this since I was 12, so it’s just a bit more natural for me….like breathing, that‘s all….” she added in before turning her gaze back to him. Slowly, she looked back at the steering wheel, then back at him, then back at the steering wheel once more before a slight grin came to her light brown face. “ Wanna give it a try?” she asked him, moving aside a little so as to make room for him in case he did want to give the steering a try. She held onto one of the handles on the other side of the wheel opposite from him as she waited for his response. She didn’t want the ship to spin out of control, so she kept a grip on it in the meantime…while keeping a good distance from him in case he decided to take the wheel. The ocean was really clear of any obstacles at the moment, so it wouldn’t really be dangerous to let him try it out if he wanted to. She remembered that this was where she used to practice anyway. For a second, she glanced over to her friends, who were completely unaware that she was offering the wheel to someone that had never handled a boat before, but she just pushed the thought aside. They’ll be fine.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:19 pm

Cayden smirked as she used his exact thought in her words, it was a very amusing coincidence in the least. he didn't believe her though when she said it was easy, controlling something this large couldn't be as easy as it was to her no matter what she said, and on top of that she had had years of experience now. His eyes opened in shock when she moved to the side slightly and offered him the large wooden wheel, "Uh..." he said in replace of words as the offer had left him rather dumbstruck, he was going to say no, he should have said no, but for some reason he didn't and instead said, "Uh, ya sure...If you think I can..." he said reaching one of his leather clad hands forward and grabbing one of the handles opposite where she had her hold and took a step forward not a hundred percent sure of what he was doing and had pretty much no idea what to expect when she let go. This movement he had made though, despite how she had moved, had closed the gap between them quite a bit and he hoped it didn't scare her or anything, that was really the last thing he wanted to do in this situation, he took in a sharp breath and reached over to grab another of the handles with his other hand, a handle closer to where she had her hand, she had offered though so he would assume she had expected the gap between them to get at least a bit smaller then it had been.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:49 pm

“ Let’s just say that I wouldn’t have given it to you if I didn’t think you couldn’t handle your own….so yeah, I think you can….” Ivy replied to him in a casual manner as she nodded her head slightly, her hand still holding onto the other side of the wheel. Well, he did look like he could handle himself just fine, so why not? It was a chance like this that made her as good as she was with the ship now anyhow. Her father had given her the wheel nonchalantly, just like how she was offering the wheel to him right at this moment--well, she did sort of crash, but that was only because there were a lot of landmarks in the way at the time. She figured that handing him the wheel wasn’t a bad time like that though, mainly because the area that they were in was pretty much clear of any kind of obstacles. The worst he could probably do was make the ship go out of control for a little while, but to her, that wasn’t really a big deal and it wasn’t something that she couldn’t correct, so….why not? “ As long as you keep both hands on the wheel, you’ll be able to maneuver it just fine, though you won‘t need to turn it much….the trail is straight from here on….” she stated, shrugging a little. She was making it sound a lot easier than it was, but it really was all you had to do. Even though that was pretty simple, you still needed to be very firm and steady with it, or else you would lose control of the ship. Ivy may have been the most daring out of the group, but she wasn’t ‘completely’ reckless. She wouldn’t do anything that would endanger her friends, despite that it may have seemed like that was the case. If he wasn’t okay with handling the wheel, they would just get thrown around a little--that’s all. And just to make sure that none of them would topple over the railings and drop into the ocean, she turned to Anne and Tim and suddenly called out, “ I’d back up from the edge if I were you….” That was all she needed to say to get Anne and Tim off the rails. The two of them had learned not to question certain things when Ivy said her statements in a particular way, because that was usually when something happened, so they took that time to back up instead of question her. She didn’t know how well he was actually going to handle the ship, so she was just telling them just ‘in case’ he jerked the ship or something like that. Ivy was expecting the gap between them to shrink, so the closer he got to the wheel, the farther she moved away from it. Eventually, when he placed his other hand on the wheel, she finally let go of it, giving him complete control of the wheel. Then she took a few steps back from him, just to keep a little distance between them while firmly having her ground, despite that she looked like she was just standing there.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:40 pm

She let go and Cayden braced himself, and was pretty glad he did, there was a bit of resistance on the wheel, he would just try and keep the thing straight, if he did that much he was sure he wouldn't have to worry about anything, he knew there was great potential for disaster in a situation like this but he knew the chances of that weren't that great as long as he stayed relatively confident but still wary. He let out a long sigh, not particularly liking this that much, he wondered why she had let him do this in the first place, though so far he hadn't managed to kill anyone...so far... "This isn't....to hard." He stated, it was only slightly a lie but he was sure it could have been much harder, "but...you can take over again anytime now." He said with a slightly laugh, not knowing how he was going to pass off the wheel without having her get to close to him, he was sure she had thought this through as well though.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Ivy smiled and rested her hands on her hips as she watched him hold the wheel in place, despite the slight resistance it gave him. He wasn't bad at all, but it could've been harder. It was a good thing that the path was a straight one from here and didn't require him to turn or anything like that. Turning would probably make everyone fall around on the deck and whatnot. When she heard him state that it wasn’t too hard, she replied, “ See? S’not so bad….” She slid her hands off of her hips, but while one of her arms fell back to her side, she reached the other one up to her bangs to push it out of the way of her lavender irises. Her facial expression suddenly went a bit blank when he also said that she could take the over again anytime. She erased the expression though, and for a moment, she looked like she was about to move towards him, but stopped. Guess she didn’t think this part through after all. “ Uhh….okay, well do you think you could scroot over a little first….?” she asked him. “ Because--you know, you need a lot of room to maneuver the wheel and all….that’s why I moved all the over here in the first place, to give you that space….” she added in as she rubbed back of her head and smirked weakly. She didn’t know that he knew about her phobia, so that was kind of why she threw in that last little part, to make it seem like she needed the space for something other than that strange phobia of hers.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:17 am

Cayden could see her hesitate when she looked like she would move to take the wheel back, apparently he had been wrong, apparently she hadn't thought all of this through beforehand. He bit back a sigh. She told him to try moving over, her excuse afterward covering up a fact he already knew but, obviously, he wasn't supposed to know, but he would let her still be oblivious to the fact that he did know about her phobia. "Uh...alright, I guess I'll try." He did not trust himself with this at all...and it was a bit more difficult then usual because it was a stupid idea to use his powers when he was on a ship, that was something that should only be done on land and he knew that. He took in a deep breath and tensed ever so slightly as he slowly started to shift slowly farther away from Ivy, not wanting to take either of his hands off the wheel as he did so. Soon though he knew he had to take off at least one. So he did, the sudden pressure onto his other hand now made his arm jerk slightly, but aside from that he was able to keep the ship balanced. He was sure that was enough room for Ivy, and he relaxed ever so slightly right now at the fact he hadn't capsized the ship.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by SS3Pan Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:25 pm

After Cayden responded to her, stating that he would try, she nodded slightly and began to mentally curse at herself for not thinking this part through. It seemed like her phobia interfered with everything she did and yet, she didn’t think about it much when it came to it, almost as if she thought that not obsessing over it would make it miraculously disappear from her consciousness. If only it were that easy. Ivy braced herself to take the wheel when he began to slowly shift away from her and the minute he had let go of it with one of his hands, she had allowed her other hand to take the other side before the pressure had a chance to build up on his other arm. She didn’t always think through the parts that involved her phobia all of the time, but she almost always made up for it by fixing the whole problem and she had done it in this case by being able to hold the wheel in place with just one arm. “ Okay, I’ve got it….” she said, letting out an inaudible, but relieved sigh as she firmed up her grip on the wheel. Now that he was far away enough, she was able to grip onto the one of the other handles with her second arm. Just when she did that, she turned to him and flashed a small, charming smile his way, as if to say, “ Thanks for understanding that I have some serious issues to work out”, but since she didn’t know that he knew about the phobia, she was probably still smiling to say ‘thanks’ anyway. It only lasted for about a second though, because that was when she blinked and looked ahead, taking note of the fact that they were pretty close to the city island now, seeing as how the outline of it could be seen from where their boat was. “ Huh….well that didn’t take too long….” Ivy said aloud to herself.
SS3Pan
SS3Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down