The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"...Neither Human nor Wolf" (maybe Mature, open to all)

2 posters

Go down

"...Neither Human nor Wolf" (maybe Mature, open to all) Empty "...Neither Human nor Wolf" (maybe Mature, open to all)

Post by Rose for the Hunter Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:45 pm

"...Neither Human nor Wolf" (maybe Mature, open to all) Princess_Mononoke_by_syncaidia

In the middle of nowhere was a village known as Iron town. It was known for producing the only iron in the country and because of that they easily raised money from the iron they produced however, they did not tell of the damage they were doing destroying the ancient forest of the gods or as some called the forbidden forest. Not many could pass through.

The forest it’s self was enchanting full of grace and lead anyone into a trance animals felt safe there for hundreds of years with the god watching over them, the spirit of the forest was the one which kept the balance and protected them, there was also Moro the wolf god a giant pure white she-wolf with beautiful amber eyes as did her two sons but they were smaller still bit but smaller than their mother. However, Moro’s daughter was human with brown hair and eyes she had been raised with the wolves after her parents abandoned her there in front of Moro. But instead of killing her Moro decided to raise her as her own daughter willingly.

That night she rode on one of brothers backs silently walking towards the town to fulfil her duty to assassinate Eboshi; the leader of iron town and strong-willed woman who was tis princess’ fatal enemy…
They were soon at Iron town and standing crouched on her brothers back who charged and rammed himself against the spikes on the edge sending San flying she clambered over the spiked wooden walls of the town and knocked the first man down and searched around swiftly for her target.

She stood on the wall finding her target she drew her dagger and charged running down the roof swiftly before she was shot at and stumbled curling into a ball she rolled down the fur covering her and landing she stood up before she was shot at again making her fall back and groan in pain as bits of her mask scattered…
She soon stood up and carried on easily using one of them as a platform to get over the several spears.
She was stopped by Eboshi’s sword hidden under her cloak. She growled and jumped back avoiding a hit she was careful of the spears that threatened to stab through her.
Shin and Shinji both got in finding another way in after hearing the gun shot and took San back to the forest avoiding all the bullets that were aimed at them with ease. They quickly got her out and one of the nudged her onto the others back and swiftly went to the forest and howled as they laid her down and tried tending to her wounds. The iron bullet had embedded it’s self into her arm and they tried to get it out of her both whimpering.
She groaned and sat herself up and holding hand over her injury she nuzzled both her brother's noses and they whimpered worried.

(Just so you know yes this character is from Princess Mononoke but it’s got a fairly different storyline… depending on who the other character is it’ll change theme sort of…)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

"...Neither Human nor Wolf" (maybe Mature, open to all) Empty Re: "...Neither Human nor Wolf" (maybe Mature, open to all)

Post by psygrimlock Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:03 am

A human looking form was not far away. In this form, he appeared wearing samurai warrior with a complete daisho tucked in his obi.
Karn had lived alone for what would be a long time to a human. Though, in human form, he appeared no older than perhaps his late 20s. The reek of the nearby ironworks burned his sensitive nose. For the most part, he avoided humans... for he was not human but rather another creature they did not understand.
He had only been in this forest for a couple short days, thusfar, and has gone another three days without a hunt. His nose and other senses caught something... powerful in this forest. It was still lush further in... lush and healthy. Seeing the Kodama made him smile. He sensed something else, too... a wolf spirit... a mononoke. And thus out of respect, he refrained from hunting even while hungry.
Now as he came to a river to drink, he caught another scent on the wind. Blood... human blood. Why? he wondered.
Curious, he rose from his drink and the young lycan followed the scent through the forest until it led him to where a critically wounded human girl sat with two wolf mononoke. He did not understand what he saw... a human with the supernatural.
He stepped out into view and then stopped... his hands held up to show the wolf spirits that he was not a threat... but merely passing through. To him, they were brothers of a sorts. The circumstances surrounding their lupine natures were irrelevant. Mononoke or lycan, it did not matter to him. A wolf was a wolf.
"Peace," he spoke quietly... he came no closer. The next move was with the trio several yards before him.

psygrimlock

Female Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

"...Neither Human nor Wolf" (maybe Mature, open to all) Empty Re: "...Neither Human nor Wolf" (maybe Mature, open to all)

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:46 am

Shin the oldest of the two brothers had started growling slightly sensing that something was coming it smelt like another male wolf as well so he wasn’t very welcoming at all. San lifted her head when she heard someone speak her fingers were bloody since she had been trying to get the bullet out from her arm and tensed up greatly when she saw a stranger. “What do you want here, human?” she asked finally speaking her voice had a harsh tone to it as well. “No San, his not human… I smell wolf” said Shin said with a slight growl staying protectively in front of his younger siblings. Shinji whined and helped San to try and get the bullet out his muzzle had bit of blood on as well more worried about getting the bullet out quickly.
Calming down a little he saw his hand up showing he wasn’t a threat and relaxed a little and lay back down. San still remained trying to get the bullet out with her brother’s help who whined a little. “Stop the whining, it doesn’t hurt much” she whispered softly and scratched her brother behind his ear, wincing a little as she raised her arm.
“Well what do you want here, we will listen” said Shin, San and Shinji stopped and looked to him and their older brother.
They easily figured out why he had found them, the smell of blood was rather strong and hard to miss. “You are a Lycan, correct? Why dress as a samurai that hunts down your brothers?” asked Shinji.
San didn't speak after that she just remained tnese adn alert watching his every move and suspecting the worse from him as she did of all strangers that dared to come into the forest because whoever found them had always harmed them in some way.

Moro had picked up that a Lycan had been in the forest for a few days now and had noted his respect ontop of that but still warned her sons and daughter to be weary of him for some creatures are unpredicatable and also being a wolf meant he could be dangerous.
Shin waited for an answer lifting his head another howl was heard and San stood up holding her arm. "Shinji..." she said looking to the youngest of the two wolves and frowned putting a paw on her shoulder and making her sit back and she growled at her brother annoyed. In the ground beside her was a hand crafted spear as well as the dagger that rested around her waist. The howl was from their mother. Shin remained calm and quiet waiting for an answer from this young lycan that stood before him and his younger siblings. Their attention focused on both him and if any danger started to approuch for they were not in the best position either.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Karn watched the scene before him. One of the males, the older he guessed, stood between him and the others in bold challenge. Inwardly, Karn approved of Shin's courage to protect his younger brother. As he watched, he realized they were trying to help the human girl, as well. This surprised him a little but accepted it.
Human? she called him a human. He was nearly insulted but realized she could not tell. Human senses were so weak. Clearly the wolf pups realized what he truly was.
He stayed where he was and kept his hands up and out, even as the elder spoke.
"I am merely passing through, young brothers. I mean no harm to you. I smelled the blood and wolves and was curious. Nothing more," he explained... his demeanor calm.
Shin's accusatory question irked him a little. "Yes, I am a lycan. What would you have me wear in my human form? Shall I be naked then? You equate me with ignorant humans that hunt us only because of my attire? The only lives my blades have cut down are those of humans. Some out of revenge... others because they simply attacked me not realizing what I was. Bandits that would have taken my head had I not taken theirs." Karn had no love lost on humans... that much should not be clear.
His gaze now fell upon the wounded girl. It was apparent to him that the brothers treated her as one of their pack. He did not understand why but he would honor that and thusly meant no harm to her.
"Your sister has some serious wounds. I may be of some assistance," he said. He was impressed by the brave face she put forth. Clearly not fearing him and also downplaying her injuries so that her brothers could not worry so much.
Karn still made no move towards them. His offer was genuine but he waited for them to decide.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Shinji soon noticed that he was surprised about them helping San and looked to him “Why are you surprised, she is our sister so of course we help her” he said soon turning back to lick the wound and try to hide the scent. “If it’s attracting attention then we must try to hide it quickly, those dogs will be onto us if they use them” he said turning to his younger siblings turning back a little and listening to him once more and chuckled a little at his answer “I will tell you that it is the best answer I have had so far” he said through a deep chuckle flicking his ears when he heard that he killed humans knowing full well San was human he held back a bit of a growl from it. “Bandits don’t stay in this forest long; this is forest of the gods they do not dare to trespass here for their heads would be taken by our jaws”
Shin looked to him as he made an offer to help and groaned a little “fine then, if you can help you may hunt, our mother has noted your respect but as a wolf you should be able to hunt in this forest for the food is plentiful with only three wolves in it.” He said lowering his head to the human girl and she scratched his fur with her un injured hand a little but soon used it to try picking out the bullet again knowing the damage it could do after one Mononoke turned into a demon and left the forest only to die somewhere far off.
Shin nudged his younger brother a little as he licked the wound and soon bared his teeth in an attempt to get it out but San pulled away after it began stinging.. “You can come close, we won’t bite…. Much” said Shinji looking to Karn.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:39 am

Karn had said nothing to either of them about his thoughts. Nor did he criticize their behavior. "If she is your sister then I have no problem with that," he said with a shrug. "We should move her, though. The humans may send out hunting parties," he said.
He listened to the chuckles at his reply and shrugged... what he had said was true. And not everywhere were creatures that could so easily deal with bandits. So he ignored the younger wolf's chuckles and turned his attention on Shin, the elder. He had sensed a greater presence... so it was the mother. In further respect, he would wait for her permission to hunt... for in truth was it not her decision?
"We can discuss hunts and other matters later, young wolf princes. Let's get your sister to safety and I will what I can do for her wounds," Karn suggested in a calm tone.
He came closer and knelt before the human girl. "I mean you no harm. Will you let me help you?" he asked San directly, his tone gentle.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:40 am

“We are not Princes, we are nothing but the sons of Moro and her human daughter nothing more nothing less and certainly not royalty, for princes and princess of wolves is only how humans address up” said Shin,
San didn’t say a word and just nodded getting to her feet Shinji walked over and nudged her arm. “Follow if you can keep up otherwise just catch a ride on Shin” she said and Shin pulled the spear from the ground and then helped San onto Shinji’s back and carefully they trotted towards the very heart of the forest where the amount of Kodama’s grew and she smiled a little at the sight of them taking lead with Shinji.
When the two wolves stopped they looked back waiting for him.

The lake infront of them seemed endless and had islands in it, one of which the wolves used as a home, the water was crystal clear and was the very heart of the forest the one place that any creature would remain safe for no humans apart from San would dare to come anywhere near this place because to the wolves it was sacred, it was their home but only gods and demons came here.

A female wolf lifted her head much she was much bigger than her two sons and San jumped off Shinji’s back her mother sniffed the wound and shook her head looking at Karn behind them, “Who might this be?” she said softly “You must be what I have sensed over the last few days, the first creature not native to this forest that has shown even the slightest bit of respect for that I am grateful ” she said sitting neatly and looked to him she was several hundred years old and her eyes showed that deep and wise. San had headed to the crystal clear waters of the lake behind her and let her arm rest in the water although it stung she didn’t show it much and pulled her arm out after a little and just sat down.

“You were attracted by the smell of blood and offered to help, do what you can with claws we cannot help her” said Moro her tone a little grave since she could not help her own daughter. But when he did go over to help she watched carefully as she lay herself down."But dare to hurt her and you'll be missing that head of yours" snarled the brothers who walked over to the lake and lapped at the cool water. "Shin, Shinji at least show manners" snapped Moro looking to the brother who huffed and went back to drinking San however just remained silent, she didn't trust him at all but needed to get the bullet out of her arm.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 pm

"If you are the sons of a great alphess and godess then certainly you are princes. I mean only respect," Karn replied to Shin.
Karn gently helped San to her feet as the girl got to her feet. "steady now, you've lost quite a lot of blood," he told the young human as he helped her onto her brother's back.
"You've not met one of my kind, have you?" he said with a smile. "I am a dire lycan, dear. I can keep up even on two legs."
He followed them through the forest and kept easy pace with the wolf brothers. His strides were long and efficient and not even small streams slowed him down. His heart rejoiced as the number of Kodama grew... for it meant this forest was healthy and strong.
He followed the trio until they reached an immense lake very deep within the forest. Deeper than any human ever dared to go. He looked around and sensed the enchantment around him. This place felt like it was the heart of the forest itself and the Kodama were everywhere.
And then he saw her. The mother. He took in her very majesty. As her eyes fell on him with her query, Karn came before Moro and knelt before her in humble respect. He also took his blades from his obi in his right hand, holding them both behind his back in formal and very proper sword etiquette. For it was the way one showed respect for one of great stature.
No human samurai or vassal would come before their daimyo (Japanese lord) with their swords still in their obi where they could be drawn. To do so meant insult on the daimyo.
Karn's head was also bowed, also a custom of humility and respect before a greater power. For to look Moro in the eye without her permission would also be a serious breech of manners.
So in his human form, Karn showed her the same formal courtesy out of humble respect.
He answered her initial question, "I am called Karn, great alphess. I am merely passing through the region and mean no harm. I came upon your children when I smelled the girl's blood and offered my aid. I am at your service and mercy, great goddess," he said in a calm and clear tone.
His eyes lifted a little but only to see San sitting near the water. "I will do what I can, great alphess," he vowed.
He went over to San again then and sat beside her where she was beside the water. "I must see all of your wounds, please. I won't hurt you, you have my vow," he said, ignoring the brothers' threat.

(i'm having him say that so i can get a clear understanding of where all she is wounded to be realistic by how much blood she may have lost.)

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Moro looked to him a little shocked form the respect but was grateful for it for she had seen no respect for so many years. "For such a young one you have such manners and respect, for that I am grateful." she said as she lay down. "It is a pleasure to meet you Karn, My name is Moro, these are my two sons; Shin and Shinji and she is my daughter San. we thak you for you offer of help as well not many dare to tread here anymore" she said her voice had an old wise sound to it.

San watched and listened to Karn and Moro a little confused by what was going on for she had not seen such a sight before. Her and her brothers lifted their heads as they heard their names remaining where they were.
Looking up she tensed a little as he sat next to her Moro looked to her daughter and whispered softly making her relax a little. She had plenty of cuts and bruises all over her from the wooden spears and a few where very deep when she had stumbled back a little getting herself stabbed luckily they weren't overly serious and of course she had a bullet embedded in her arm or more like it was a ball of iron and it stung every time she moved her arm as well.

Shin and Shinji looked to her mother and stood up getting hungry they went to hunt for later that night. Moro watched the two of them carefully but did not speak a word at all laying her head on her front paws she flicked her ears as her eyes closed. San turned to her mother showing another slash down her cheek a neck from a sword that Eboshi used. "Why were you kneeling in front of mother?" she asked still rather confused about it. To her it didn't make sense at all. "And you were right earlier, I haven't met any of your kind not many creatures come here at all, Many have forgotten this place" she said

San didn't seem to bothered by the scratches or any of the deep ones but the bullet wound had small scratches where she had tried to get the bullet out and she also refused to use that arm as well. To be honest she would have slaped him for calling her 'dear' if her arm didn't hurt. She had two sides as did anyone but she knew when to just back down and do as she was told for once although she hated it.

(That's fine...)
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Moro... he knew that name and Karn was indeed humbled. "I am honored to meet you, Moro," he said to her and turned his attention back to San.
His eyes examined her wounds and cuts. His most concern was over the wound made by the gunshot. "I will do what I can to remove the ball of iron but I fear it will be painful for you. For that, I am sorry," he said. He had to be honest with her. The wounds from the spears were a concern, too... adding to the damage and blood loss.
He rummaged through a pack he carried and took out a small knife. The blade was shorter than either one he carried in his obi.
"Tell me about yourself, wolf princess," he said to her gently. He wanted her to talk to him. It would take her mind off the pain a bit. He asked her about her age, favorite foods, things she like to do... whatever she wanted to talk about. He had actually placed himself so that the mother could watch every move he made.
He looked at the girl and smiled. For a human, she was lovely. He heard her question while he dug the blade into San's arm to dig out the bullet.
"I knelt before your mother because I needed to pay my respects. I am a wolf in another wolf's territory, after all," he said and looked into her eyes. "I am from far away, San. I have no home anymore. I had not known such a place like this existed but I can feel its soul. I may look human to you but I am not. I had been the son of a dire lycan Alpha... one might have called me a prince once. But not now. I am all that is left and what I had been means nothing. I get by, tho,' he says conversationally.
He did his best to cause as little pain to her as he could. With some effort, he managed to work the bullet out. But if he understood humans, their constitutions could be fickle. San had lost a lot of blood and hoped further complications would not arise. If they did then only a few things could save her.
Carefully he took her wounds and cleansed them before bandaging them. "I have done what I can. The rest will be up to you, San,' he said.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Moro watched chuckling a little in her head since he had placed himself where she could watch every move. San watched as he took the short blade from one of his packs. “It’s nothing I can’t handle” she muttered she looked to him as he asked questions. “I’m 19 years old, and there isn’t much I can say” she said speaking hesitantly not sure about him still and felt her muscles tense up feeling the cold blade of knife against the wound on her arm.

She then looked up a little hearing him answer her questions. She nodded a little and looked him straight back in his eyes “But why? Everyone has a home to go back to whether they travel or not” she said “and if such a place were to not exist then the wolf clan would have no home…” she stopped and listened to what else he had to say but could still feel the blade of the knife trying to dig the bullet out.
Moro watched San’s actions carefully as well though surprisingly she just remained as calm as she could so her muscles didn’t tense and make it more painful than it already was.
San shook her head at the end feeling a little light headed and dizzy as he cleansed the wounds and bandaged them “Thank you, Karn ” she said nodding her head a little at him.

Moro went to San and put her head behind her daughter speaking softly. “You can hunt if you wish, we don’t mind a wolf is a wolf and they need to eat even I can tell that you haven’t eaten in a while” she said listening to her mother’s words as she spoke. San then got to her feet slowly stumbling a little and Moro helped her as she looked towards their home in the lake. Moro frowned a little and made San sit back down in which she almsot fell making her frown and cursed under her breath so they btoh just waited for her brothers to get back.
"Karn, feel free to come here, this place is all that is safe from the humans, I do not want a dead wolf in my forest"

Last edited by Rose for the Hunter on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:25 am

"There is plenty to say, San. I am curious as to how you came to live among wolves, for instance. You could start there," Karn suggested.
Karn looked at her when she spoke of homes. His eyes saddened as he remembered when he had one long ago. "I travel because I have no home, San. Not anymore," he said quietly. He let that topic end there. He did not want to speak of his past.
He finished bandaging her and smiled at her. "I am glad I could help. I just hope it's enough," he said.
Karn looked up as Moro came over to her daughter. He listened to her words, they echoed one of his own sentiments. "I thank you, Moro-sama. You are right. I haven't eaten in five days and I dared not hunt here without your permission. I will take no more than I need," he replied.
Movement caught his eye as San tried to rise. He moved to steady her. "You mustn't move so soon. Rest, please," he said and helped her back to the forest floor. There was genuine concern in his expression.
He looked around. He was still awed by this place. He sensed it was sacred. Truly the whole forest was home to Moro's pack, he thought. The magical lake belonged to something else... he was sure of it. This was the heart of the forest. He guessed the wolf den was elsewhere. Not that it mattered.
"This place gives me some peace," he said to whoever spoke to him last. "I would like to stay in this forest for a while longer, if you would allow it," he said to Moro.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:28 am

San looked to him as he mentioned about being curious of how she came to live with her mother and brothers. She wasn’t overly sure on it either but did know sort of.
She looked to him when he saddened “Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring up something painful” she said she clearly acted different towards things that weren’t human but he hadn’t seen that yet.
When he told her to rest she crossed her arm but sat back down with his help. “It is fine and do not add ‘sama’ at the end of my name just Moro for several dire lycans came here many years ago when I was a pup, it is upsetting to feel their presence gone form this world.” She said
San then looked to her mother and she looked up “Ah, yes you asked my daughter how she came to be with the wolf clan, she is not sure on that story but I can tell you.” She said and trailed her mind back through memories
“It was roughly 19 years ago, as you can tell San is human by blood. However, 19 years ago in the summer I caught San’s parents killing one of our clan and disrespecting the forest we live in. They ran but tossed their baby at my feet, she was only a few days old as well. But instead of eating her like they expected I looked after her with my pups that had also been born only a few days before as well, therefore she is my human daughter. San has met her parents though…” San saddened a little at that and hung her head a little. Moro stoped and looked to her daughter who just shook it off within seconds. She couldn't understand why anyone would do such a thing but never said a word about it, the past was the past... nothing can change it.
Moro had several dens over the forest but some were more used than others.
“Ever creature needs to eat and do as you will, Karn you are welcome to stay as long as you wish” said Moro and San nodded a little.

San did as she was told and soon just laid back bored and Shin and Shinji came back with no food but looked a little concerned and chuckled at their sister who sat up and looked to them instantly. “You looked like a patch work doll” San just remained silent glaring a little at her brothers.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:39 pm

He smiled at San. 'It's alright," he said. He rose to his feet then.
Karn looked at Moro. Her rebuke stung him, though he tried to hide it. She had scorned the use of the most respectful honorific. Sama was used to address one with a high status.
"As you wish," he said... still stung. He began to clean his knife carefully, not making any eye contact as Moro spoke. Lycan had been in this forest once? And not just lycan, dires. He had not heard of too many other packs. He mulled this over in his head while he listened to Moro's story. Still not making eye contact, he packed up all he had used to tend to San.
It was not until she said that he could stay as long as he wished that he raised his eyes to look upon Moro. He nodded politely... 'my thanks.' He caught San's nod and looked at her... curious. She wanted him to stay?
"I will do my best not to be a burden and wear out my welcome, Moro," he said finally.
He nodded to the brothers as they returned and took his leave. He wanted to hunt and would do so in his true form. Thus, he needed a place to stash his pack and armor before he shifted.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Moro lifted he head a little and looked to him "I am sorry if that insulted you but if you must use that honorifc then do" she said and flicked her ears and tail as she stood up. Shin helped San stand and got on his back to help her brothers hunt for their meal. "We should hurry, we don't want it to get light while we're still hunting" she said and he brothers nodded before sprinting off to their usual hunting spot San was careful not to aggrivate any of her wounds but the bandages felt a little stiff to her since she had never actually had to wear any before.
It had been a few hours and San and her brothers got concerned. "Where are the elk? they are nwhere to be seen" she whispered softly and then heard screams up ahead she walked a little closer and peered through the bushes a little and backed off after a bit and turned to her brother. "We have to get back, the hunters have an early start" she said clambering back onto Shin's back they picked up the scent of the elk so made a quick detour both of them picking up an elk each to share and then went back dropping the Elk off San quickly turned them around to find Karn and warn him.

They had a little trouble finding him but stopped a little hearing the hunters screaming again hear gun shots they sped up and searched for him quickly once they found him San looked to him. "You have to move, the hunters started early this time, listen" she said as the screams grew louder the two brothers got uneasy.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Karn had been surprised by Moro's words. He thought he had hidden his feelings enough. He smiled as he realized how perceptive the wolf goddess was. Magnificent, he thought.
He ventured on until he found a thicket that would suit him. He shed his human trappings and folded the armor and blades into the thicket.
Then he took off at a run and leapt into the air. His body quivered and then exploded into fur, fangs and claws. He hit the ground fully transformed and stood as a wolf. He was massive. Not as large as Moro but certainly larger than the pups. Dires ran quite large, after all.
He took off running. It felt good to be free of his human guise and run as wolf should. He used his nose and senses to stear clear of the human town that reeked.
After an hour of just simply running, he set to hunt in earnest. He went by streams and followed them upriver. All animals had to come to the river to drink. He waded through the river until a scent hit his nostrils. Blood... animal blood. Something was wounded.
He left the stream and ran in an easy lope that ate up the ground quickly. He followed the scent until he came upon a young serow that had a gash in his left hind leg. The serow cried out in fear and tried to run but it was already too late. Karn wasted no time and pounced on the small antelope. He took the poor creature in his jaws and shook it like a ragdoll, breaking its neck and ending its misery.
When Karn had finished eating his catch, there was nothing left but the entrails and the hooves and a stain on the forest floor.
Karn returned to the stream to drink after his meal. He picked his head up and smelled the wind... something wasn't right. He smelled humans and heard screams. And that is where and when a San and his brothers found him.
"San! You shouldn't be moving around so!" he said... anxious for her. And he heard her warning.
Just then a man on horseback emerged from the brush behind San and his brothers. He was taking aim at San with his bow and arrow.
Karn only saw the red of his rage and leapt forward between them to protect San. With a viscious snarl, Karn kept running. He caught the arrow in his mouth and snapped it like a toothpick. The last thing this human ever saw was an enraged dark gray wolf leaping onto him and his horse. A snap of his jaws and the man's head rolled to the ground and the horse falls dead on top of his body.
Karn stood up and looked at the brothers. "Get her to safety. San is still too weak!" he urged them. He looked in San's eyes a moment and then blinked to bring himself to reality. "Go! I'll slow them down!" he said. He was already feeling the effects of his meal strengthening him. He felt he had more than enough power to deal with a few humans. He was already determined not to let San come to harm and he turned around to fight so that the others could run.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 pm

“You’re not my mother Karn, I’ve rested enough anyway” she said to him but saw that he was anxious and shook her head a little before she warned him.
Hearing a snap behind her she looked back and saw him with an arrow in his mouth as he snapped it confused a little but decided to thank him later when they weren’t running from hunters. Turning back she ducked under a low branch quickly hearing something fall she picked up that it was a horse and rider.
The brother looked to him as he spoke and nodded agreeing with him on that point but she had made them take her along since she had nothing to do. San frowned a little at what he had said and sighed “Fine but don’t lose your head” she said sternly “or anything else for that matter” barked Shinji as his brother took the lead and got San away.
Once they were at the old den San jumped off and Shin debated whether to go help Karn but had a feeling that he would feel insulted if he did so remained with San and Shinji listening for any of the hunters that had taken a different route.
San sat beside Shinji she hated being like this and it annoyed her a lot, digging her spear into the ground she sighed.

One of the Hunters had seen that one fall looking at the large grey wolf wondering what he was; he knew that was not any normal wolf either for it was bigger than Moro’s pups. He soon took a different route in order to avoid Karn as the others tried to get past.
He soon found some tracks and followed them leading him close to where San and her brothers were she remained quiet they could all sense he was there and Shinji stood up in front of his younger siblings as did Shinji but behind Shin waiting quietly and ready. As soon as he found them he saw two pairs of fierce ambers eyes watching his every move and warning growls from the two wolves seeing San behind the two he moved back to draw his bow. They avoided the arrow quickly glad these hunters didn’t have guns; they would be less troublesome that way. San was at a crouch ready to move if she had to.

The hunter soon got annoyed and charged at the wolves, he didn’t last too long soon ending up half in Shin’s jaws and the other half in Shinji’s jaws. San didn’t seem fazed but such a thing at all and just stood up to scratch her brothers as she picked her spear up. “come on, let’s get going” she said they looked to each other knowing she would just sit back and do nothing it was completely out of her nature to do so.
She jumped onto Shinji’s back and then Shin whispered to him but Shinji shook his head “She’ll run back and you know that Shin” Shin sighed and they went to check on how Karn was doing keeping low in the bushes and San jumped off walking holding onto Shinji’s fur for support as they went a little ahead of karn to count how many there were. Hoping it would Keep San out of trouble.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down