The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Empire

2 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

New Empire - Page 3 Empty Re: New Empire

Post by questor Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:29 am

"He felt the tingling sensation spread from the base of the wings through his body. "This is but the begining. If it all works out the new Race of Angules can take their place ruling this world." he brought her to him and kissed her deeply. He was hoping that but doing what he had told her, that there would be no attempt to usurp his power.

When he broke the kiss, he looked into her eyes. "Now lets talk about your people's customs. You know much about the humans and what is mine. What can I expect from these younger Angelus? I need to know how to deal with them." he moved his hands up and down her back and around the base of her wings.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:00 am

Raven shivered with pleasure. "You're already learning." She purred. She rubbed around his wings a little longer and then backed up. "Many of my people's customs are hard to explain." She moved around to his back and traced a finger down his back between his wings. "Much of it is based around a hierarchy. There are the Elders. They rule unquestioned in most things. Like Alpha males in a dog pack or some such. They're not always right, current situation included, but as the oldest, they are considered the wisest and as such, they're respected." She then moved away from him entirely.

"Then there's the Dowenger. The oldest and wisest of the females. She advises the Elders and the others turn to her for guidance. Some of us prefer to speak with her rather than the Elders. She's honest no matter the consequence and she always cares. Like a mother hen type. Below her, there's the generals; a troop of males and females that are responsible for the day to day running of the flock. Below them are the hunters, then the juveniles. They include young males not yet ready to hunt and the young females not old enough yet to breed. They tend to the hatchlings while the mothers are away from the nest. We each play our part for the greater purpose and generally, we remain in harmony."

Raven regarded Anubis carefully, wondering how much of the lesson he was taking in. "There are a couple of generals left and the Elders. The are maybe half a dozen hunters and the Dowenger. The rest are juveniles. and then there's me and that's about it. The generals will do what is best for the flock. The Elders will probably remain behind with the Dowenger. They're far too old to leave what they know. The juveniles, you'll have to watch. They're like human teenagers. Ballsy, rude and generally unruly. The generals you'll have to prove your worth to the flock. The hutners won't care much beyond how good the food source is. The rest of it, you'll just have to learn on the wing."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:29 am

Anubis listened to what she had to say about her people. He would love to talk to the old female. She sounded like one that could give some good council and keep the younger ones in line. Now these generals he figured he would have to fight at least one of them. If he knew anything about Raven's kind, it was they lacked the military training for fighting. Fighting against those that were out to kill you would not be the same as sparing with those that you are training. The one he had fought relied upon his ability to fly. He tried diving at Anubis with his sword, thinking Anubis would not be able to reach him.

But he had been very arrogant and had underestimated Anubis. Anubis was able to bring him down to the ground, and once upon the ground he was no match for the skill Anubis had with a sword. If these generals were like the Angelus he had fought, then he would teach them who was better at making war, and surviving. Now the younger ones he figured he had a way to deal with them. Raven had said they were like teenagers. All those he had seen had been human, and they thought they knew everything and were ready for everything, driving cars, going places, having adult responsibilities. and the like. To them he would appeal to their egos. Put them in charge of some simple things that might look important. Having them think he thought them ready for such responsibilities, would put them on his side and make them think he was the best thing that happened to them. That way also he could train them properly in becoming true leaders.

The two of them spent the night together in the master bedroom. Anubis was not about to let an opportunity like that go by, so he showed her some of the ways of enjoying sex for just pleasure. The next morning when he awoke on a beam above the bed, his back against another one. He looked over at Raven and grinned, before using his wings to float down to the floor. He was getting use to his wings and enjoying them.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:58 am

After they had talked more, Anubis had treated Raven to a wonderful night. She learned many things about his sexual appetite and tastes and discovered that she shared many of them. The idea of having sex, or in a new term for her, making love, didn't feel so alien anymore. By the end of the night, she was thoroughly exhausted and satisfied, but more than that. Though she would not share such a secret with him just yet, she felt thoroughly loved. She understood now the affection her parents had for one another.

By morning, Raven found herself in her usual position up in the beams. Laying the length of it, her limbs swaying gently on either side to balance her better. She hadn't slept so well in years. And Anubis had joined her. She felt the movement in the air as he floated down and opened her eyes to give a small smile over the wood. She slowly lifted her head and gave a widfe, fangful yawn before stretching out all her limbs. All in all, a satisfied and happy looking female. And also quite warm to the touch too. She wouldn't need to basque today. Anubis had provided more than enough heat from the night before to keep her going.

After stretching a few more times, she finally sat up and swung her leg over to hop down from the beam. She gathered up her clothing and moved to the bedroom door. Today was going to be very busy.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Sophia and Kaitlyn were already up, cleaned up, and dressed in modest atire. It seemed that they had went to appartments below and found some clothing. They also found a couple more outfits for Seth and a couple plastic toys. A key ring with plastic keys and a sippy cup that had juice in it. They were just finishing feeding him and he grinned and out stretching out his arms to Raven. "Ma Ma." he cooed and tired to wiggle out of Sophia's grip.

"Well you four go and have fun shopping. I must meet with the human ambasador today and see what terms they are willing to settle on for continued peace."

Mathaius continued his flight south. He rode the jet streams letting the winds carry him faster to the south and saving his strength. High above and usually in the clouds, he followed the coastline down. It was growing warmer it seemed each mile he went. According to an old map that he had been given, the place Raven had gone to was now not to far off. It would be night again before he made his objective.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Raven smiled and scooped Seth up, giving him a small kiss on his cheek and a gentle cuddle. She nodded to Anubis, "I'm sure they'll give you whatever you want." She told him. She knew he had broadcast her vengeance on Warren and it wouldn't take much longer for the world to see it, if they hadn't already.

Once they were ready to go, Raven lifted Seth up onto her back and sat him between her wings. It was the normal way for her race to carry a child and he seemed quite comfortable.

The city was vibrant and buzzing with people of all races. Everyone stopped to stare at Raven briefly, but soon enough, they carried on. The Disney Store was as Sophie had said and it hadn't taken long before they had everything and more needed for Seth. By the time they left, he had a large buggy with every attatchment imaginable that Raven was happy to push him around in. He had the latest toys and educational items and enough clothes for him to wear a different outfit for a year and never repeat himself. Many of the bags and boxes were sent to the Penthouse while Raven and her slaves carried on shopping. Kaitlyn was happy to reveal all the latest fashions and trends and the three women had a good giggle over some of the more outrageous items available. All in all, they had a good time.

During their adventure, Raven was introduced to some of the gadets and gizmos that many humans and immortals alike considered essentials. The first item was a cell phone. It did everything from make a call to tell the time and browse something she learned to be the internet. Sophie called it a I-Phone. Other items included a Rolex watch that also told the time, an I-Pod that enabled her to listen to music privately and perhaps the most expensive luxuries of all, jewelery and perfume. Raven passed on the latter. She didn't see the point of hiding her natural scent under a mask of manufactured scents. The jewelery however, she took quite an interest in. Rings weren't of much use as it hindered her grip, but the items like earrings and bracelets and necklaces made her smile. Andd she didn't just pick a few items for herself. She chose two necklaces called chokers for Sophie and Kaitlyn. She had them engraved with her name. The girls were incredibly happy with their gifts and so was Raven. Time would tell if they figured it out.

In between the various stores and shopping arcades, Raven was introduced to sweetly flavoured coffee and sweet pastries from a shop called Starbucks. She found the whole experience quite fulfilling and exciting and everywhere they went, she was made welcome. she began to feel as though she was settled and she told her girls as much. Eventually, they had to return home. though, but Raven had already decided that she would do this quite often, if only for the coffee and pastries.

Back at the penthouse, all their bags and boxes were waiting and Raven quickly sent the girls to unpack and arrange everything accordingly. She then fed seth and got him ready for bed and by the time she entered the bedroom with him, his new cot had been set up with fresh new sheets and blankets and a snuggle blanket all ready and waiting for him. Raven settled him down with a cuddle and a lullaby and then left him to sleep peacefully. He'd had a busy day.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:54 am

Anubis went to the meeting with the ambasador of the US government. He could see the surprise on his face when he saw Anubis' wings. He had to have a shirt made for him that didn't interfer with his wings. He smiled at the surprise. "Get use to them." he told the ambasador. Then he went about the meeting. As Raven had predicted they agreed to his terms. He knew that they would do everything they could to reaquire the nukes and take away his most valuable bargaining chip. But he had another ace up his sleeve that they had no idea about. When he returned to the Penthouse, he looked around raising a brow and cocking his head to the side. He then saw Raven and stood there his arms crossed on his chest. She was wearing jewlery. This surpised him.

Raven looked up and smiled. Either her new appearance shocked him, or pleased him. "I take it your meeting went well." She offered......

"Yes it did. But I don't trust them." he grinned. "I see you enjoyed your outing in the city." He looked at the two slaves and saw that they were adorned as well. That was something new to get use to. "What else did they show you?" he asked.

Raven's smile turned into a sly grin, "Of course you don't." She told him, "And why should you? They want what you have and they won't stop until they get it." She then looked to her newly 'adorned' slaves, "Oh, we had a wonderful time." She said, "That Disney Store was a cave of wonders for the young. Seth will have everything he will ever need and want for a long time." When he asked what else they had shown her, she curled the corner of her mouth and cocked her head to one side, "I never knew humans could have such an imagination in the things they desire." She said, "And when their imagination flares, it most certainly attracts attention." She touched a rather expensive looking necklace around her throat and it covered most of it and hung low into the long low cut dress she was wearing. "And whom ever it was that invented the idea of sweet coffee, I would commend them.".....

He laughed, and went to her, putting his arms around her. "Yes they do have that. Oh there is various types of coffee, made in a number of ways. You should try some of their foods. They have so many ways to prepare things." oh he did enjoy going around and eating at various places. Sometimes he was in the mood for spicy food, and other times for barbaque, and other times for oriental. Oh so many tasts that pleased the pallat. "Did you get yourself some interesting outfits?" he asked.

Raven slid her arms around this waist and smiled as she looked up at him, "Of course." She said, "And I'm surprised they had so many things that didn't have to be altered for me. It seems humans find a bare back as alluring as you do.".....

He chuckled. "Well that and the front." he grinned mischeviously. "The next meeting with this ambasador, I would like you to attend. I want them to see you and know who you are and that you rule beside me."

Raven lifted an eyebrow, "Not in this condition I'm not." She said quickly, "And not before I nest either.".....

He nodded, "When you are ready then." he grinned.

Raven nodded back, then looked to Sophie and Kaitlyn, "Girls." She said, "Come here and show your Master your new attire." They quickly came to them and bowed their heads low. They were both dressed much finer than before, their dresses both feminine and alluring, but practical and tasteful. However, it was their necks that she wanted to show him the most.....

He spotted the choakers and grinned and looked back at Raven. "I approve." he said. "Excellent taste."

"Why thank you." She replied with a smile, "I would have had your name engraved, but you gave them to me." She slapped his ass lightly and then waved them away. The penny finally dropped with Sophie and Kaitlyn and then moved quicker to go and find a mirror and double check. "A more basic way to say whom they belong to." Raven said.....

"Well now no one can say they didn't know who they belonged to." he looked out the window and smiled. "What say you to a late afternoon fly about the city?"

"I would love to." She said, "Just let me check on Seth first and make sure he's settled for the night." And she made her way to the bedroom door. Listening closely, she could hear his breathing. It was slow and steady. He was fast asleep. She returned to Anubis and smiled. "Busy day."....

Anubis looked into the room and saw all the toys and things for him and grinned. He had enough to keep him happy and exploring for some time to come. Taking one of Raven's hands he headed for the stairs to the roof. Once there he flexed his wings, enjoying the opportunity to streach them out. He then launched himself up into the air and flew around the roof and waited for Raven to join him.

Raven smiled as she watched Anubis leap into the air. "There is a much more fun way to do that!" She shouted to him and then made her way to the edge of the building. Opening her wings, she simply threw herself off the edge and spiralled downward, opening her wings wide after frefalling for a few seconds. She screeched in excitement and then pumped them hard to bring her up to him. She grinned playfully at him before turning on a northern breeze and soared away.....

Anubis followed her and caught up to her to fly beside her. They could see all that was going on in the streets of the city below them. People looked up and pointed. They, by now, knew who they were and many feared that they would be taken and devouered. Fear had helped keep them in line and not knowing who might be a lycan in human form made them even more fearful of saying or doing anything that might be against Anubus. As they flew the light of the sun was begining to fade.

Raven enjoyed the scenes they passed. People looked up from the streets and pointed to them. She then turned out towards the ocean. The other way included a fresh human army and she didn't fancy another pot shot at her belly. As the sun began to set over the horizon, Raven made use of the fading thermals before having to spend more energy keeping airborne. Just then, a familiar scent wafted past her and she turned to face it. "I know that smell." She said out loud, then turned her face to Anubis. "We need to land." She told him, "Now!".....

Anubis looked at her. His sence of smell was not as acute as hers. But the only scent that she would recgonize would be one of her own kind. This made him smile and he nodded. The first, hopefully of the younger ones to come south."

Raven shook her head, "This is no juvenile." She said and quickly descended. She landed quickly on the beach and lifted her nose to the air. On the horizon, a large black mass could be seen heading their way. "Land Anubis!" She called....

Anubis followed her down to the beach and landed next to her. He folded his wings and stood there awaiting the increasingly growing figure. "Not a juvenile eh. One of the Generals?" he asked.

Raven gave half a nod, "In a manner." She told him, but her eyes never left the growing mass in the sky. "This one serves the Dowenger personally. His name is Mathaius. Whatever you do, don't engage him. Stay behind me until we've greeted each other." There was something close to fear in her voice. Close, but not exactly. The mass grew bigger and changed to reveal the form of a very, very large male. Mathaius had been scanning the area now for a long time. After sensing Raven close, he began his descent and it didn't take long for his keen eyes to spot her on the beach with what looked like another male. Was this the Anubis the Dowenger had spoken of? Quickly, he turned his wings to let the air slide over and he landed about fifty yards from the pair.....

Anubis studied the male Angelus. He was big and at his side he wore a sword. Old fasion these days but still in the right hands could be dangerous. Still he knew how to deal with one armed when he was not. He stood close to Raven just in case this one thought he could claim her.

Mathaius moved forward quickly, his massive stride easily covering the distance. As he got closer, it was clear that he towered over Anubis by at least a foot. Mathaius was perhaps the biggest male the Angelus had to offer and certainly the biggest of his generation. He kept his sword sheathed as he watched Raven approach. At this point, he stopped, allowing her to make up the difference. Now up close, his wings weren't black like hers, but a peppered colour and his hair seemed a more mousy brown. Large honey coloured eyes stared at them both, but then specifically Raven. Her strong greens met his and she lifted her chin high. She stopped a few paces from him and looked up at his massive form. He stared down at her. Then together, they opened their wings wide and screeched. The sound was deafening at first, but then it became something of a melody as they matched each other's pitch and tone. Slowly, they made a perfect circle around each other, neither one stepping first nor last. This carried on for a moment before they stopped in their original positions and Raven closed her wings again. "Greetings, Mathaius." She said. "And you." He replied as he looked her up and down, "Quite a change in you." He said, then dipped his head down slightly, "And such a lovely one." Raven turned her head away slightly and lifted the side of the necklace she wore. Mathaius' eyes turned a little cold and he lifted an eyebrow. "Interesting." He said, "You've been teaching the mammal some new tricks. He has breed you?" Raven nodded, "He has." She replied calmly, "And he's no longer a mere mammal. He carries the pure bloodline and I have found him suitable." Mathaius stood up tall again and regarded Anubis, "Then I shall like to see him for myself." And he strode forward, but kept behind Raven. This made it clear that she outranked him and she was happy to let it be that way. Back home, it would have been different and she would have bowed out to him, but here, she was the wiser and the stronger. Mathaius made it to Anubis and stood tall. "So you are the chosen of the Primus." he said, "I am honoured to meet you."......

Anubis watched the greetings between the two. He found it strange but of course there were always strange customs no matter where you went. He liked the straight forward one that had been developed a long time a go. Hold your right hand up to show you had no weapon and then grasp the other man's wrist as he grabbed yours to show your trust. He heard them talking and knew it was about him, especially how the male looked at him. As the male approached him behind Raven, he held up his right hand and arm, nodding his head to the male. When he said he was honored to met him he smiled, "And I you. Raven has told me much of your people. A proud and noble race. Perhaps I may have the solution to your problem, if you are willing to listen."

Mathaius took Anubis by the arm and gripped it tightly just below the elbow. His massive hand easily reached all the way around. "An ancient and dying race, you mean." He said openly, then looked down at Raven. "You were brave to take on the Primus for yourself, Anubis." he said, "Many older and stronger males have tried and failed in that task." He grinned and then eyes Anubis directly, "I need only look at you to see the solution you offer. I have come on behalf of my Dowenger to speak terms of alignment with you and Raven, if she would permit such a conversation?" He let Anubis' arm go and looked at Raven again directly. She nodded.....

"Excellent." Anubis said. "Then come Join us at my home." he told him. "Turning to Raven, "Will you lead the way?"

Again, Raven nodded and opened her wings. "Follow me." She said and then leapt into the air. Mathaius quickly followed....

Anubis was the last to take off into the air but soon was flying beside Raven. He was enjoying the ability to fly. It was something he was looking forward to do more. The towering mass of his Palace quickly came into view and it was not long before he sat food back on the roof. "Welcome to my home." he told Mathaius, and lead the way to the stairs that lead down to the Penthouse.

Raven landed and then followed Anubis into the building. Mathaius followed her, ducking deeply to get through the door. "I forget how small humans are." He said as he ducked for yet another doorway. They entered the penthouse and Raven immediately waved her slaves away. They were more than happy to leave as the giant male walked through the door. Mathaius entered the living room and took a good sniff around. It was an automatic thing for him to do. "I smell a hatchling." He said, then looked at Raven, "A human hatchling." Raven nodded, "And you will not touch him, understand?" She said firmly. Mathaius nodded with a smile, "I wouldn't dare." He replied, then looked to Anubis. "You have quite an Empire here.".....

"It is only a start." he told Mathaius. "But hopefully if things work out You and the others will come and join me and take your place here as rulers."

"Rulers?" He returned, "Why would we want to rule? Our time has been and gone, my friend." He shook his head and looked around for somewhere to sit comfortably. A bar stool was the best he could find and he perched on it carefully. "The Dowenger requests only an alignment with you. We are prepared to offer our loyalty and our knowledge and history for your protection and a share in your lands. Beyond that, she has said nothing."......

Anubis nodded. "That I am willing to do but also if I am right, I might be able to restart your race. If I make more of my kind, not the weak ones you will see today but those that will be like me, male and female then there is a chance they will be able to change like I have and be able to mate with your males and females. If Raven finds that she is with child, then I know it will work. What do you say to that."

Mataius lifted an eyebrow, "An interesting idea, but one that has already been attempted. However, if you think you may do better than us, you are most welcome to try." He said, then looked at Raven. A quick sniff told him all he needed to know. "She'll be ready soon enough." he said, then narrowed his eyes a little, "You are aware of what to expect, yes?".....

"Not totally. Raven and I are still learning about each other. I am sure she will tell me what to expect before it happens." He already knew she would not have a normal birth, but would lay and egg that would hatch and produce the child. If there was something else to be known she would tell him. The two slave girls were peeking out of the door to the spare bed room, their eyes wide. Anubis chuckled. "Raven's two slave girls I think have gotten over the initial fear of you." he turned to Raven, is it proper to introduce slaves?"

Raven shook her head, "No." she said quietly, "Males do not interact with slaves." And as though to confirm that, Mathaius looked at them briefly and then looked back to Anubis. He never even mentioned them. Regarding the birthing, Mathaius smiled lightly, "I hope you will allow me to stay for the birthing." He asked, "Such a show of strength and stamina is always a treat." Raven half turned her head away and then nodded at the girls to bring some food and drink. She moved toward them quietly, "He won't touch you." She promised, "He won't even speak to you. And the most he'll look is to see your collars, nothing more. There is no need to fear him." They both nodded and quietly went about laying on a platter with wine for them. Once done, they went into the bedroom and shut the door. And as promised, Mathaius never looked more than a few seconds to see their collars. "So tell me, Anubis, how did you manage to woo the Primus"?.....
(

When Mathaius mentioned the birthing being a show of strength and stamina he wondered if that ment Raven or him. Then asked how he wooed Raven he looked over at her. "Well that is a strange story, especially since she was originally sent here to kill me." he turned to her, "Perhaps you need to tell him about it."

Raven filled a glass with wine and perched herself on the arm of the sofa, "He didn't ask me." she said, "He asked you." Mathaius smiled as he moved to the table and poured himself a glass of wine. "I know all about the Elders' decision." he said, "And how wrong it was. Thankfully, the Dowenger knows better. So how did it happen?".....

"Well at first it was not to good. She came here in her mating cycle and was begining to drive my male soldiers nuts with her scent. It was a crazy time keeping them at a distance that they would not be effected." he bet Mathaius knew what he was talking about. "The other day some of my lycans got to close and went mad with desire. I managed to get there and get rid of them, but all of it seemed to make things more intense for Raven. She fled and disapeared into the night and I found her on the rooftop of my home the next day. Her scent caused the change in me and from there I am not exaxtly sure how it all happened but we found we were attracted to each other." He looked over at Raven, "She said at that time that I was a suitable male."

Mathaius nodded in understanding. "I can see how that would happen." He said, then passed a look at Raven. "She's enough to send any male into a frenzy." he closed his eyes and took a good headful of her scent. It made him shudder in pleasure and he smiled. Opening his eyes again, "The change in you I can explain in detail." He continued. "You carry a pure bloodline. The Edler's daughter that Cain murdered was the granddaughter of the Dowenger. Her specific bloodline can be traced right back to the beginning of our race. Cain was a carrier, but in you, it left a dormant gene. Had Raven not been here, you may well have never known you were a hybrid. When a male and female come together during her cycle, her body releases a chemical that will waken the strongest and most defined genome from the male, ensuring her young are strong enough to survive. Had you not held this gene, she would have passed you over.".....

"Then it is quite possible for me to pass that on to others." he said. "Today with the humans technology, we can select those males and females that were like me long ago and be able to pass this gene on to them. Would you like to see your race once more prosper and grow?"

Mathaius nodded, "Indeed I would." He said, "I'm a member of an endangered species after all." He laughed a little at that, "And with so few females able to breed anymore, it's become nye on impossible to make up our numbers enough to survive." He looked at Raven again with a sadness. "It was a pity she wouldn't breed before now. Such are the pitfalls of a Primus." Raven looked up and firmed her jaw. "With the males available there, did you really think I'd lower my standards that far?" She asked. Mathaius shook his head, "No." He replied, "But I wouldn't have minded the opportunity." Raven narrowed her eyes, "Mina would have ripped your dick off and fed it to you if you even thought about that." She said coldly. Mathaius nodded again and looked at Anubis, "My former mate." He said, "She died a few hundred years ago and she was a force to be reckoned with.2.....

"Well then I think it is agreed then. When you do return to your home, Please invite them to come south and join us. They will be made welcome here. I wish this Dowenger could come as well. I would love to have met her and had her counsel. She seems like one I would have enjoyed talking to. She would have had a place of honor here."

Mathaius nodded, "I think she would as well." He said, "But mostly, it would be to spend more time with Raven. As Primus, she would be next in line to be Dowenger and I know that would have made the current one very proud." Raven looked up sadly, "Can you not bring her?" She asked. Mathaius shrugged his massive shoulders, "It could be possible, but it will take much more time. And that's if I can even convince her. She's set on staying behind with the Elders in the temple to see her remaining years with them." Raven shook her head, "I won't allow that." She said firmly, then turned her eyes to Anubis, "Provide her with safe passage on land." She said to him. "I won't have her die with those old fools.".....

Anubis rubbed his jaw. The humans would not agree to something like that unless he gave up quite a bit. he looked out the window towards the sea. "Not by land but by sea. This city still does comerce with the outside. A ship heading north and returning would not warrent scruiteny. She could be escorted to the ship and brought here in comfort." he smiled. "Perhaps a written invitation by Raven to her, asking her to come and see her give birth to the newest member of the race."

"I need only her word." Mathaius said and then looked at Raven, "You must have a very fast ship if she were to make it in time. I'm actually surpised she can't feel it yet." Raven looked up and smiled, "I can feel it just fine, thank you." She replied......

I will sent a ship north immedieately." he took out his cell phone and called one of his generals. He told him what he wanted and got even better news. "There is a ship already up north, in a port of Alaska. It can stay there as long as needed to receive her." he looked at Mathaius. "Can you make it back there in time to convince her to come so she will be here when it is time?"

"If you have a ship there, she will know about it by now." He said, "But it will be a long trek from the dead zone. About 400 miles. If you could send a few of your men there with certain instructions, she might go with them?"......

"Tell me what they will need to do." he told hm. "They can get the vehicles needed to travel there and return with her to the ship."

Mathaius nodded. "Tell them they have to enter the dead zone from the south. It's the only way through the moutains and it makes their approach clear to the watch tower. When they reach the boundry, tell them to say that the Primus Female has sent them to beg audience with the Dowenger. They must be as polite as possible. Can they do that?".....

"They will or they will not like what I will have done to them." Anubis told him

"If they're not, you won't even recognise the leftovers." Mathaius said matter of factly...

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Up north in Alaska the cargo ship was finishing up loading the cargo and ready to get under way when they received the radio message. The lead lycan growled in his human throat as he read the message. He didn't like the cold, but the orders had come from Anubis. As the captain of the ship he quickly went ashore with a couple of his men. They got the vehicles they needed and brought them back to the ship and had them loaded up onto the deck. The Deck crain would lower them down to the ice once they reached their destination. With in three hours they were on their way. The Captain didn't know what this Dowenger was or anything, but his master had said protect and treat her with great respect and that he would do though he had no idea what he was protecting her from.
Listening in was the spies of the Church. They had did their best to pursade the military to crush the devils spawn even if it cost others their lives. Their sacrifice would not be in vain for the evil that infested Los Angeles would be eradicated. They immediately sent word to the hunters to prepare and intercept the ship when it got close to Los Angeles and kill what was aboard it. They hoped it would be the spark to ingnight an all out fight that would destroy all the lycans and vampires in the city.

Mathaius gave Anubis the coordinates of the main nest, but made sure to warn him that any sign of agression would be dealt with brutally. He also made sure Anubis informed his team that nothing of modern technology would work in the dead zone. Not even a basic radio would work......

He gave all the information once the ship was on the move. "Now it seems we just have to be wait. We have to get you a place to stay." he told Mathaius. "Do you require any slaves to tend to you?" he asked.

Mathaius gave a small nod, "I would like very much to stay close to Raven." He said, "And I know the Dowenger will also wish to be close. Your nest has many levels with many rooms. Perhaps I might be permitted a few of them?" He got up off the stool and rotated his wing joints somewhat. "Just enough for basic housekeeping will be fine." He said and then worked his jaw. "Once the ship leaves the Alaskan borders, I would like to keep track of it. The Dowenger is my personal responsibility. How far north does your reach extend?"......

"As it stands now, I control the city here and several miles to the north and south, and out to sea about five miles. It is a small kingdom at the moment but will be larger in the near future." he told him, "We will set you up in the level below this one as well as the Dowenger when she gets here.

Mathaius nodded with thanks, "When your ship leaves, I'd like to be notified." He said. Raven gave a smile and shook her head, "Paranoid as always, Mathaius." She said. Mathaius lifted an eyebrow, "It's my job to be." He told her, "And the humans are far more sly than they used to be. I'm not taking any chances with such a precious life as hers." Raven nodded and sipped her drink. "Rightly so." She said, "I would come with you, but I won't be able to fly very soon." Mathaius nodded, "I'd have Anubis tie your wings together just for trying." He said with a grin. Raven's face drained of emotion, "You really would, wouldn;t you." Mathaius nodded with another grin.....

Anubis then motioned for Mathaius to follow him. They took the private stairs down to the next level. This one had been cleared out and not used. "Chose any of the dwellings here, there are about six that is comfortable but not as large as the penthouse. These stairs lead up to the penthouse and then there are those that lead up to the roof. I will leave the doors unlocked for you.
The cargo ship had been in a port on the northern part of Alaska. They could only go so far with the ship due to the icepack. The captain looked at his charts and the coordinates that he had been given. "Middle of nowhere." he said to himself. He sighed and made the calculations. A day to the Icepack and two days to the coordinates and and back to the ship then five days to Los Angeles.

Mathaius nodded again in thanks as he ducked through the doorways, "These will be suficient." He said with a smile and then had a good look around.....

"Then I will leave you to get settled in. A couple slaves will be assigned to clean and bring you clean clothing. I have had people working on a new wardrobe for me and will have them make some adjustments to the sizes." he chuckled. "If you feel the need to hunt and feed, the city is yours to hunt in. I have a feeling you will be able to tell those that are my soldiers and leave them be. "

Mathaius nodded, "Humans don't really suit my palet." He said, "And neither to vampyre or mut. I prefer to hunt larger prey. On my way down here, I saw a pod of orcas hunting. Your people will be safe.".....

Anubis nodded and left. He wondered why Raven and Mathaius called his lycans muts. They were lycans and the best soldiers he had. They were loyal and good fighters, with our without modern day weapons. Yes they were wolf like in their lycan forms, but they had the human form as well. He sighed and shook his head as he returned to the Penthouse. "He is settled in." he told Raven

Raven smiled and nodded, "I think that went well." She said, "You're still alive." She gave a light hearted laugh and went to pour herself another glass of wine.......

The cargo ship made it to the Icepack and lowered the vehicles. The captain lead the landing party in the three vehiles. For an entire day they traveled north and stopped at a location where their insturments began acting up. They backed off and then went in on foot until they were at the coordinates given them. No guns or anything was taken. Nothing would work in the area. Here they waited

The outpost had spotted them coming and when they stopped, they were watched very closely. Word was sent back to the Dowenger and she ordered they make contact and find out why the strangers were there. One soldier left the outpost, a very large, but old male approached cautiously under a hooded cloak and a long spear in plain sight. "This is private land!" He called to the strangers. "What are you doing here?!"......

"Whe have a message for your Dowenger from the Primus Raven." the Captain told the figure. "We humbly request that you take the message to her."

The old soldier closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them again. "She will grant you audience." He said. "You will follow me in single file." He turned around and began walking back. The outpost was very well disguised. It was a simple ledge with a large overhang of snow, but when passed, it opened up to reveal a large space easily capable of holding a number of soldiers. Once passed the outpost, the moutains opened up into a large chasm and nests could be seen everywhere on the alls. Most of them were empty, but there were a few that had figures stood guarding them. The soldier led them to the center of the sace and then began climbing up the wall. He turned back to see if the strangers could manage it.....

Even in human form the lycans could climb quite well and followed the figure up the rocky wall. The Captain sighed with relief. It was warmer here then out on the snow and ice. He really hated the cold.

The soldier climbed up roughly half way and then entered the cliff by a tall opening. "Lady Dowenger!" He called out, "I have brought the strangers to you as requested." A slight disturbance in the shadows moved, "You may leave us." She replied. Once the soldier had gone, the shadow moved again. "Sit down." She ordered, "I do not look up at those I do not have to."......

The Captain and the other two came forward and sat down. "I am Captain Douglas of the Cargo Ship Sea Queen. My master Anubis sent me here with a message from one he called the Primus Raven." he could see quite well in the dark and saw the old female. "She request you return with us to the ship and come to Los Angeles. That she has successfuly mated with Anubis and wants you there for the birthing. Also he said that one called Mathaius also requests that you come."

The Dowenger's tiny and decrepid form stepped out of the shadows and her ancient eyes regarded the captain and his men carefully. "I see." She said, "So the meeting has gone well and yoru master has accepted my terms of alignment?".......

The captain nodded. "He also sends you a message. He extends an invitation for your people to come join him and Raven. That you all will be welcomed and treated with respect and honor."

The Dowenger nodded as she hobbled forward, "And you propose to transport me how, exactly?" She asked and then fluttered the bare strips of flesh that had once been her wings......

"Beyond the area that modern equipment does not work we have vehicles that can transport you to the ship. Once on the ship we have been ordered to provide you with anything that will make you comfortable for the trip to Los Angeles." he smiled. "There is warm clothing below we have brought and a sled."

The Dowenger nodded her head. "I will inform the others." She said, "It will be up to them if they choose to leave." She hobbled to the main entrance of her home and looked out. "It's been over a million years since I have been beyond these canyon walls." She said, "I can only imagine the changes that have happened."......

That made the captain raise a brow. He knew Anubis was old but he was not that old. "We will be ready when you are." he told her and bowed his head to her. She was old and even he had been brought up to respect his elders.

The Dowenger smiled as the captain bowed his head to her. Clearly, this one had been taught respect. She tapped her walking cane twice on the ground and two human slaves appeared. "Ready my things." she ordered, "I am leaving. When you are done, you may take some warm clothing and return to your people with my blessing." The two slaves bowed their heads low and quickly packed up all the Dowenger's things. After placing a warm cloak around her shoulders, the slaves then paced up their things and left. "I am ready." She said to the captain. "Your lycan friend will carry me down.".....

The captain snapped his fingers at one of his companions and the lycan quickly moved forward. "Hang on tight." he told the Dowenger, and the other one picked up the Dowenger's possesions. They moved outside and began decending, "How will you inform the others of the invitation?" the captain asked as they decened the wall.

The Dowenger clambered up onto the lycan's back and then dug in her claws. "I have sent them my thoughts on the matter." She said, "And told them I intend to join the Primus in her new home. If they choose to follow, you will see them."......

At the bottom there was the sled and the one lycan eased her into it and put furs around her to keep her warm. The three then took off most of their clothing. "It will be faster if we change into our lycan forms. We are stronger and faster." Again he gave a bow to the old Dowenger and changed into his lycan form and took up the ropes to pull the sled. The other two did the same and piled the clothing into the sled and grabbed ropes as well and began pulling the sled, picking up speed as they began to set a fast pace, pulling the sled along.

The Dowenger settled down into the sled and closed her eyes. Quietly and discretely, she began probing their minds. She didn't want to be caught unawares by any sights or sounds that were alien to her. The trip was comfortable and quick and when she opened her eyes again, she knew what to expect.......

It took a lot less time to get back with them in their lycan forms. Once back they redoned their clothes and helped her aboard the ship. "What do you require for your comfort?" the captain asked.

The Dowenger looked around her cabin and nodded in approval. "I require someone to help me keep things in order and bring to me my meals." She told him and then looked at her bed, "And a lot more pillows."......

He nodded and told his first officer to see to it. "We should be there in five days. If you need anything just sent word to me." A bit later one of the crew brought several large pillows and one asked what she would like to eat and how it was to be prepared."

The Dowenger nodded and settled herself in. Later, another arrived with her pillows and asked her what she liked to eat. "Whatever fresh meat you have," She said, "Chopped up finely with blended fruit and milk.".......

He nodded and left to go to the galley. The ship proceed south now and each day the onel lycan served her her meals and made sure the Dowenger had what she required. They were under orders to treat her well and see to her comfort and they would follow their orders to the letter. The captain made his report back to Anubis personally. Anubis informed Raven of the successful pick up when he got the phone call.

When Mathaius was informed the Dowenger was on her way, he informed Anubis that he would track the ship personally from the air. He was taking no chances. By this time, Raven was unable to join him. By the time the Dowenger had been picked up, she had grown considerably and now had to walk around on all fours simply to get beyond the bed.....

The ship was now two days out and that is when the Hunters launched their attack, by sea and air. Two helocopters full of men came in and hovered over the ship as men dressed in black combat gear repelled down to the deck of the ship as small fast attack boats came in from the sea. The Lycans opened fire with automatic weapons taken out several of the hunters. There were thirty of them on board half turned into their lycan forms and began attacking those comeing onboard from the attack boats. They ripped into the human attackers tearing them appart but they were also paying the price. The hunters were good and were killing them off. The captain had his remaining crew fall back and try to defend the small corridors of the ship. He made it to the radio room and called in to the headquarters on the bottom floor of the Palace. "Mayday, Mayday, Under heavy attack by Church Hunters." The report was immediately reported to Anubis and Mathaius. Anubis ran up to the roof and launched himself into the air. Back at the ship the hunters were taking their toll on the lycans but they had been wittled down as well. The decks ran with blood as the lycans continued to fall back towards the Dowanger's quarters. Finally it was just the Captain alive. He took out four more hunters leaving only one. Both stood before the door to the Downger's quarters. The Captain transformed and launched himself at the hunter. The hunter shot the captain, hitting him in the shoulder and side, before he was able to rip the hunter's throat out. He fell over the hunters body, badly wounded.

The very second Mathaius learned of the attack, he roared with fury and flew faster than any creature should be able to. He was angry the church had found out about the Dowenger and he was angry that he had not been there as he sould have been. But also, he was angey at Anubis. This had happened on his ship, under his watch. No-one outside his circle knew of the impending arrival. He made it to the ship with his weapon already drawn and he quickly started tearing the ship apart, looking for the Dowenger and any survivors. He found her unharmed and still comfortable with the captain of the ship wounded outside her door. He grabbed up the lycan and scowled at him, "What happened!?" he boomed at the male.....

He looked up at the large Angelus, "Attacked by church hunters. Protected the Dowenger with our lives. She is safe and well." he then passed out from loss of blood. Anubis arrived and seen the carnage. His lycans had put up one hell of a fight against overwelming numbers and had succeeded in protecting the Dowenger. He made it to her cabin and found Mathaius leaning over the captain.

Mathaius put the captain down and turned to the door. He shoved it open and sighed in relief. Picking up the old one easily, he put her on his back and covered her with his wings. He then came back out and regarded Anubis carefully. "Your ship, your guards on your watch." He said, "Either you have betrayed us, or someone close to you has. Until you can provide evidence of the latter, I am taking the Dowenger and the Primus to a safe place.".....

Anubis nodded. "If there is a traitor in my ranks I will find them. " he turned to the Dowenger. "Are you alright?" there was concern in his voice.

The Dowenger peered over Mathaius' shoulder and regarded the male carefully, "I am unharmed." She told him quietly, "I am sorry about your lycans. They did well to defend me.".....

Anubis nodded. He looked down at the captain and felt for a pulse, but there was none. "They did everything they could and more." He looked at Mathaius. "Yes they were my men and my ship. But the securest place is the Palace and Raven is in no condition to be moved. I will find out how the information got leaked. He then made his way back up on deck. The ship was still on course for Los Angeles. He would have to get another crew out to it before it made landfall. He launched himself into the air and waited for Mathaius to follow.

Mathaius moved up to the top deck and launched himself into the air. "Your palace is the least safe place for them right now." He said, "Our plans were spoken only between us. No-one outside your personal circle knew about them and yet the ship was overrun by hunters." He started back to the city as fast as ever, "Whether she's fit to be moved or not, she's not safe there until the betrayer is found.".....

"Don't forget the ship was radioed the instructions. It is quite possible that those transmissions were intercepted." Anubis told Mathaius. "Remember the human's technology is a lot more then you or your people know." He looked at Mathaius, "You have trusted me this far, trust my judgement now."

Mathaius growled and was about to speak when the Dowenger lifted her head over his shoulder again. "You will trust him." She ordered. Mathaius looked at her briefly, then nodded, "As you wish." He said, then pumped his wings harder to get back to the palace......

On their way back Anubis made sure his generals would be waiting for them. He called them and made it clear he was not to happy. It would take time to get back and they were scrambling to find out how the information got to the church. When they arrived at the palace the palce was an armed camp. Guards were all over the roof and sourrounded the base of the building. He immediately went to seehow Raven was doing. Her comfort and well being was his top concern.

Raven had managed to make it beyond the bed and was sat on the floor with Seth. They were playing with shapes between him patting her enormous belly. "Baby." He kept saying and Raven smiled and nodded and then gave him some more shapes to play with. When Anubis arrived, she looked up, "Where is she?" She asked, meaning the Dowenger......

"Mathaius has her." he said and turned to watch them come into the Penthouse.

Mathaius entered and carefully put the Dowenger on her feet. The old one then hobbled forward with her stick and went immediately to Raven. Got managed to get to her quarters and then lowered her head to the ground, openly kissing the old one's foot. "I am happy to see you too, child." She said, then lifted Raven's chin with her stick. "And such a sight you are too. I am very proud of you." Raven beamed with a bright smile and then motioned to Seth. "This is Seth." she said, "I adopted him when his mother ran off and left him." The Dowenger looked at Seth and raised her brow. He held up a shape for her and smiled, but then saw Anubis and toddled over to him, "Da da!".....

Anubis smiled and picked him up. "How are you little one?" he carased the child's cheek, "You ready for a baby brother or sister?"

Seth cooed at him a little and then stuck his thumb in his mouth. This was a sign that he was tired. Raven got to her quarters and crawled her way to the sofa. "This is so undignified." She grumbled. The Dowenger followed behind and helped the female up to the soft cushions. "There is far more dignity in this than you can imagine." She said, "And it won't be much longer. A day, maybe two at the most by the smell of you." Raven nodded and then looked up at Anubis with a smile.....

He handed Seth to her so she could rock him to sleep. The little guy had been busy playing all day with Sophia and Kaetlyn and also with Raven. He now looked tired and ready for bed. Once she had Seth he looked at the Dowenger. She indeed was old but it seemed seeing Raven the way she was made her forget about that.

The Dowenger watched Raven and Seth together and then smiled before moving away. She snapped her fingers at Mathaius, who instantly bowed his head. "Watch over them." she ordered, "Let me know when somethinh happens." He nodded and she turned to Anubis, "You and I will talk privately." she said, then hobbled for the door......

Anubis moved up to her and helped her to the elevator to take her down to where she would be staying. Below two slaves bowed as they exited the elevator. "These two will tend to what ever you need." He then waited for her to tell him what she wanted to talk to him about.

The Dowenger looked at the slaves briefly and then walked passed them, "I will trust your judgement." She said, "I will give them my dietery and personal needs later one. For now, I feel you have many questions. I am here to answer them."......

Anubis shugged his shoulders. "Not sure what to ask. Raven has explained alot about her people, what Cain did and such. I wanted to meet you and see what council you would have for me. I know your people think I am a threat to their food source, what do you think."

The Dowenger considered her answer carefully. "I think that every race has their threats." She said, "We were a threat to early humans. They became a threat to us. Now, you pose a threat to both of us. I think the Elders feared what every predator fears. The truth that they wil soon be replaced. By alligning ourselves to you, we are removing that threat and thereby sharing the food source." She gave him a gummy grin, "And the possibility of joining our races in many ways." She looked him up and down and fluttered her barren wings. "Were I a million or so years younger, I might have made a play for you myself."......

Anubis chuckled. He could imagine her to be like Raven when she had been younger. "Do you think the others will come? I have discussed with Raven and Mathaius a plan that might work in making a better gene pool and perhaps keeping your race going. But there is the chance that instead of repteilan based they will be mamal based. But we share alot of the same features and qualities.

The Dowenger nodded, "Yes, I believe so." She said, "For a long time, the Elders have been too far removed from the world. It is time we evolve." She looked around the corridor, "Such feats of human engineering. I can see why they have prospered so well." She nodded again, returning to his question. "While I hope you will succeed where we failed, I also hope that you will not try too hard. Raven aside, our race has long been dying. Perhaps the birth of your hybrid will be the continuence we seek."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:31 am

He figured that since Raven would be birthing like a reptile the child would itself be like her. "A begining yes. But for your race to again become strong and vibrant it will take more. Only time will tell if my plan will work." Two branches of the same race, one reptilian the other mamal, both would be something to contend with. "I will welcome your council on matters of my kingdom and its growth. I have the military knowledge, and that of the modern world, but you have the knowledge of more then a million years and a more calmer and levelness then I do." he grinned "As Raven has told me, I am arrogant and Greedy and I can not deny it. My life has made me that way and therefore perhaps reckless. One with a level head as they call it these days, can see things more clearly."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:18 pm

The Dowenger considered his words carefully and she smiled at his honesty, "It was your greed and recklessness that got our attention to begin with." she told him, "And left unchecked, you would certainly have done far more damage than we could have tolerated." She stopped and looked up at him as much as her ailing back and neck would allow. She then reach up her stick and hooked it around the back of his neck. "You're making me ache looking up so high. Brng yourself down a little.".....

Anubis settled himself down into a comfortable chair, a grin on his lips. "From what Raven has told me of you, I figure that your council will keep me focused and keep my arrogant nature in check. Also if the others do decide to come here, they will have you to guide them. I doubt that they will like to look up to me as an equal."

"It would not be hard to look up to you." She said, "The air up there must be thinner than the Arctic!" With him sat down, she was able to see him at eye level and it made her feel much better. "I hate having to look up at those I do not have to. An unfortunate aspect of the male variety being so large, especially when you get to my age." She coughed lightly and then stood to face him. "But to return to the subject at hand. No, they will not see you as equal. They will see you much the way the Elders have seen you. A dangerous half breed that has stolen their world." She looked back towards the penthouse, "And the Primus." She then shook her head, "But you're right that I wll guide them and my being here will ease the tension between you all. I will do what I can, but nothing more. I will give advice and counsel when required.".....

"That is all I can ask for. Perhaps if my plan works they will see me in a differnt light." He still didn't know what Raven seen in him, why she found him acceptable when he made the change. Mathaius would have probably been a better choice for her.

"Perhaps." She replied, but then regarded him carefully, "There are still questions you have.".....

"Why did Raven choose me, when she could have had one like Mathaius. He is big, and strong and a true line of your people. As you said and she has said, I am a hybred. Not one that one of your people would have chosen." he told her.

The Dowenger smiled and nodded. "Isn't it obvious, child?" She asked, "I mean look at you. Half breed or no, you're a fine example of any male fit to breed and you understand her, at least in part. Mathaius would have been a good match certainly, were it not for Mina.".....

"From what Mathaius and Raven talked about on that Mina is dead? What would stop him from taking her as a mate?"

The Dowenger nodded, "A number of years now." She said, "She was his life and he loved her more than anything. They were a pair for nearly nearly half a million years. That kind of partnership is hard to forget. Were he to make a play for her, she would have been a mere replacement. Raven would not accept such a pairing if she were only to replace one that was still loved."......

That made him smile, as he rembered what she had asked him on the roof. He had chosen Mate instead of replacement. He had made a wise choice. He nodded, At least it answered his question, one that had been bothering him. "Well at least now I know why." He rose from the chair, smiling at the Dowemger. "You have already helped me."

"Why what?" She asked, pulling him back down again with her cane. For such a small creature, she still had great strength....

"Why she let me mate with her." he sat back down and sighed. "Long ago after the great flood, I had a love. Together we escaped the flood with others and established what would one day become the great empire of Egypt. The high priests we gave power to turned on us and killed her and our unborn child." the smile had left his lips. "Raven asked me if she was a replacement or a mate. Akasha has been long dead and I never found another with her spirit until Raven. When asked the question I told her I chose her as a mate."

The Dowenger gave a wide gummy smile, "Then of course, you already had the answer you wanted." She patted him in the shoulder, "Besides, even without Mina, she would have turned him down."....

He again rose and went to the door. "I will see that the slaves come in to see what you require." He wanted to get back up to see Raven and then find out what his generals had found out. He was met at the elevator by his lycan general. "We have found a listening station at an old church just outside of our domain. The Church's hunters and priest there have been delt with. They interceptedour radio broadcast to the Sea Queen. The priest babbled like......... well he told us everything before we ended his life." Anubis looked over at Mathaius.

Mathaius had been stood guard outside the penthouse just in case, so when he heard the general's report, it came as a relief to him. He nodded to Anubis, "Human technologies have become too much of a threat." He said, "How can you guarantee this will not happen again? If they can hear conversations without even being here, what else can they be capable of?"......

"They can not hear what they can not hear. There is technology that can jam their abilities to ease drop on our radio transmissions, while allowing us to hear the same transmissions." he nodded to his general that left immediately. Then Anubis turned to Raven. He smiled at her and went to her kneeling by her and placing a hand on her stomach. "Have you thought of names." he asked her.

Mathaius moved aside and then watched the pair. They were fitting, he thought and then left to help the Dowenger. Raven looked up at Anubis and smiled before shaking her head. "Not until it is born." She said, "I don't intend on getting attatched until I know it lives.".....

"It will live." he said. "The child is of you and me, You are strong and sturbron, I am strong and arrogant. The child will have the willpower to overcome anything." he grinned, rubbing her stomach.

Raven gave a small smile and then looked down at the rounded mass below her ribs, "I hope so." She replied....

Anubis knew in his heart that the child was strong and would survive. He could sence it, as if he was atuned to the child. He moved up and kissed her, stroking her cheek. "How much longer?" he asked.

Raven shook her head, "Another couple of days maybe?" She said, "The Dowenger would know better than me.".....

"You will be with her all day tommorow, to catch up on things and talk. I will not be to far away, I will be here when it is time."

Raven nodded with a smile and then got to her fours. "I still say this is undignified." She said, "I waddle like a chicken!"....

"A very beautiful chicken." he grinned and patted her ass. "Would you like me to carry you into the bedroom?" he asked.

Raven growled lightly under her breath, "I'm not completely incapable." She said and then reached out to pull herself up. The weight of the mass was getting too heavy now. "This is why human females could never cope." She grunted....

Human females yes, but they would not be human after he was done with them. He smiled at her stuborness. "Well lets get you to bed where you can rest."

Raven groaned and heaved her heavy body on to the bed. She folded her wings in tightly and then looked up at the beams on the ceiling. She sighed sadly, "I miss being up there.".....

"You will be up there again shortly, and out flying with me again in no time." he told her. It was kind of hard to do but he laid on his side facing her, keeping his wings from being laid on.

Raven shared his discomfort as she tried to move her wings out of the way and lay on her side to face him. She managed to lay them out behind her and then laid down, but as she reached up to kiss him, the bump got in the way and she growled again.....

He moved so that he got around the bump of her stomach and kissed her lips. "You are beautiful." he kissed her nose. Once they got the postions right and use to, them might use the bed more.

Raven kissed him back and then tried to settle down. She then fell asleep for a few hours.....

He let himself relax and fall asleep till just before dawn. He rose and felt bad that Raven could not make it up the stairs to the roof to bask in the sun as he did every morning. He got out of bed and gave her gentle kiss on the cheek.

Raven gave a small groan as Anubis left the bed, but she didn't wake. She felt colder than usual, but as she couldn't basque to warm up, it didn't seem too unusual. Soon after Anubis had left, the Dowenger and Mathaius arrived. "She is ready." She said to her general. Mathaius turned to fetch Anubis, but the old female stopped him. "Not yet." She said, "Let her get herself ready. You knowwhat happens when the female isn't ready." Mathaius nodded, touching a long scar on his side.....

Anubis streached out his arms and wings as the sun came up. He felt extremely good. Raven was close to her time, the Dowenger was there. All in all it was a magnificent day to behold. Soon he hoped the others would come and then they could begin the great experiment to see if he was right. He turned and decended to find mathaious and the Dowenger there. He raised a brow.

Mathaius blocked Anubis' path into the penthouse, "She's not ready for you to be there." He told Anubis. "The Dowenger will look after her for now."....

Anubis looked towards the bedroom door, licking his lips. "Is it time?" he asked Mathaius

Mathaius nodded.....

Anubis grinned. "Tell me about what happens." he figured that Mathaius would know.

Mathaius furrowed his brow, "You told me you were aware of what happens." He said.....

"Some, what she told me, but I think there is more." he told him. Like any husband he was a bit worried about it all.

Mathaius forrowed his brow deeper and then nodded, "Ahhh, I see." He said, "Perhaps we should leave the penthouse for now. Dowenger will call for us when she's ready." He motioned for them to leave the main room.....

Anubis nodded and smiled. He made for the corridor that lead to the elevator. Before leaving he took another look towards the bedroom door.

Mathaius moved out into the hallway and then once Anubis was out in the hallway with him, he shut the door. "It could be a little dangerous for you to be in there for a while." He said, "I've already had the slaves and the human child moved downstairs. Raven isn't going to be herself for a while."....

"You have went through this before?" Anubis asked, "What happens exactly.

Mathaius nodded, "A few times." He replied with a sad smile. "The females take on a more primal nature when they birth and it makes them dangerous. Some of you mammals turn the same way. They turn ferral, I think you call it."....

He knew what he ment on that. He had seen the births of childeren in his early years as Cains General. "I do want to be there though. I think it is only proper."

Mathaius lifted the side of his shirt to show a very large and vicious looking scar. The wound itself had been almost fatal. "Mina did this when she last birthed. I ignored the Dowenger and entered the nest before she was ready."......

Anubis looked at the wound and shook his head. "A very dangerous time." He found Shophia, Kayetlin and Seth in one of the apartments. He picked up Seth and held him. "Mommey is about give birth to a brother or sister for you." he grinned, and turned his head to Mathaius. "How long after she produces the egg before the child breaks through?"

Mathaius lifted an eyebrow, but then smiled at the boy. "Around a year." he said, "Give or take. It all depends on how well your two genomes have mixed."....

So he would have to wait about a year. The egg would have to be kept warm and kept safe. "A year. A long time to wait to see if it is a boy or girl." he grinned.

Mathaius lifted an eyebrow, "Not really." He said, "But at least she won't have to carry it around with her like you mammals do. No wonder they are born so vulnerable."...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:40 am

Well the human children were vulnerable at birth but during a year long wait for an egg to hatch, well that was a very vulnerable time as well. But he said nothing. The main thing was that Raven would soon go into labor and then a year later their child would come forth. "So the child will be about a year old in growth then when it breaks free of the shell."

Seth laughed and reached towards Mathaius which made Anubis grin. "Looks as if he has taken a liking to you. It was still a strange feeling to have claimed a human child as his own.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:49 am

Mathaius shook his head, "I'm not sure I follow." He then looked down at Seth as he reached up to be held. He lifted an eyebrow and then lowered his head somewhat. Seth reached up and took a lock of his soft brown hair. He pulled it lightly and then reached further for the peppered wings. Mathaius softened somewhat and took the boy in his arms. "An interesting concept." He said, "This human adoption thing. I've seen females adopt them a few times, but generally, we stick to Arctic bears. With the human polution and damage there, they're fast becoming extinct. And they are fiercely loyal and they hunt humans too on occasion. A mutually beneficial partnership."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:35 am

"When the child emrges from the egg, will it be like Seth here, or a baby still?" Anubis let Mathaius take the child that seemed very interested in him. Perhaps it was because Mathaius was so large or perhaps because the race of Angelus had a certain scent about them that he liked. "Raven took the child in and I have adopted it. It is strange, especially because of how I feel about humans. But the children, that is a different story. Perhaps because I wonder what my child would have been like back at the beginning, had he lived."

He watched Seth play with Mathaius' wings. Seth liked to play with his as well, and Raven's One day perhaps if Raven approved, he would give Seth the gift and then he too would have wings and become part of the New Angelus race. "Yes Polar Bears would make great companions, but you can't hold them like this nor enjoy them like one does a child as they grow." he remembered him and his father, how close they were, and how they did things together.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:45 am

Mathaius regarded Seth closely and then put the child on his back. He seemed happy there. "I see." He said, then nodded, "It will be smaller, but better formed. It will be able to attatch itself to Raven and move around on her until it is ready to be on the ground." Just then, Seth lost his grip, but Matthaius' quick hands caught him and he handed him back to Anubis.

"I am sorry to hear that you lost your hatchling." He said honestly, "I understand your feelings on the matter." He'd lost all of four of his children. "I do agree that her adoption of this human is strange though. She hates them with a passion after what they did to her and her nest. But I agree about the bond they make also. Humans arer such odd creatures. They go on and on about looking after each other and yet, they allow a hatchling to be taken." He didn't know yet the story behind seth's arrival......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Anubis took the little guy and put him on his shoulder, his legs on either side of his neck. He kept hold of his legs as Seth held on to his hair. "Yes it is very strange for both of us." he said. "Polar bears would make for great companions and perhaps hunters but as for some one to play with and do things with well......." he smiled. Perhaps both him and Raven were begining to get a little softer towards the humans. "How did you lose your children?" he asked.

Mathaius stared at Seth for a moment, "I lost one to a bear, another didn't hatch and the other two were taken by hunters." He said.....

It was Anubis turn, "My condolences on your losses." he told him. "If my experiment is successful, would you try again?"

Mathaius smiled, but shook his head, "Mina was my soulmate." He said, "And I'm not getting any younger. My life is for the Dowenger now."....

That was a pitty, Anubis thought. His particular line should not die out. His size and strength, would be something good for their race, and possibly for Anubis' army if they decided to join him in his building of a larger empire. He nodded and looked back towards the elevator. He wondered how much longer before they could go back up.

"Don't pity me." Mathaius suddenly said, then half grinned. "She taught me a few tricks."....

"How much longer do you think? In this you have much more knowlege then I do." he asked.

Mathaius sucked his fangs and then shrugged, "Up to her." He said, "But I think you'll know when she's ready for you. The bond I've seen between you two is something I haven't seen for a very long time.".....

Anubis was anxious. He took Seth off his shoulders and handed him back to Sophia. He closed his eyes. He found himself drifting towards the elevator and found himself at the doors. Hitting the up button he stepped in.

As soon as the doors closed, Anubis could hear sounds coming from the floor above. They were not the sounds a normal female would make during labor, but deep ferral sounds that would terrify even the bravest soul. What he would see up there would shake him if only a little.....

As the doors opened he stepped out and heard Raven. He had been told she would be ferral. He had seen many human births, back at the begining. He had watched and seen the women screaming even cursing their mates for what was happening. But they never ment it. It seemed to be a natural way to try and releive the pain and stress they were going through. He made his way to the bed room.

At the bedroom door the Dowenger stood with her back to it, bracing it. The wood had splintered in many places and the old female looked tired and quite badly battered too. Her arms and neck were covered in scratches and bruises and she had a nasty scrape down her left arm that had only recently stopped bleeding. When she saw Anubis, she almost panicked. "You shouldn't be here!" She said as the door shuddered in the frame.....

Anubis raised a brow seeing the way the old Angelus looked. But then he looked at the door and felt compelled to go be with Raven. "Perhaps, perhaps not." he told her He reached out and touched the door. In his mind he called to Raven to relax and calm herself, that he was there to be with her and help her.

In the room, Raven screeched and howled in her ferral state and had all but destroyed the room. And then she smelled Anubis and her temper flared badly. When his hand touched the door and she felt his mind speaking to her, she roared loudly and barrelled into the door with all she had. The unfortunate wood finally gave way and the Dowenger fled. What stood before Anubis now was something entirely not Raven. Her pure white skin shimmered as the scaled skin moved over the muscle and bone. Her wings were badly tattered from the fury and her hair was tangled up in them. From the state of the room, Raven had been using the walls and furniture to sharpen her claws and they now dug into the floor. Her fangs were fully extended and she bared them at Anubis as she roared her pain and fury at him. The purple band around her throat now encompassed her entire neckline, striking a deep 'V' between her breasts. Never would he see a more wild creature as now. With spittle drooling from her now massive bite, she roared again at Anubis and flexed her shoulders, ready to pounce.....

Anubis stood there a moment then walked up to her and took her by the upper arms and looked into her eyes. "Raven!" His fangs distended and his eyes changed to a redish hue. His voice became a growl of a wolf as he told her. "Calm yourself. It is almost over." Some how he could feel the egg within her dropping.

Raven raored at him again and took a swipe at him, but he had his hands on her arms and his grip was strong. Speaking right now, even yelling at him, would be impossible. Instead, she screeched and snapped at him, feeling a real need to rip him to pieces. But he was right, it was almost over. Her hips began to part company as the egg worked its way down and she roared in agony. Then her legs gave out entirely and hung limp widely. Her skin rippled as the scales actually parted to allow the egg to move more freely. Unlike any egg Anubis would have seen before, a bubble of emerald green grew between the now dislocated hips. And then, things happened very quickly. Within a matter of seconds, all the screeching and howling, all the fighting and clawing stopped and Raven seemed to regain her senses just enough. Her fangs receeded and she hung limp in his massive hands as the egg simply popped out and landed between her out-turned feet. The egg rippled a few times as the skin of it hardened...

Anubis held her up and eased her down to the floor once the egg dropped. Sophia and Katelyn would have a time getting her cleaned up propperly. He looked over at the Dowenger.

The Dowenger stood breathless against the wall, but her face held a look now of pure relief. That alone told of just how bad this birthing had been. "In all my years!" She said hoarsely, "Never..... never have I seen one that bad!" She staggered forward to check the egg while Anubis held onto Raven. It was an arm's length and as thick as Anubis' upper thigh and a stunning emerald green in colour. She wiped away some of the birthing fluid carefully and ran her hand over the hardening skin. she gave a small smile and looked to Anubis. "It has survived." She said....

Anubis brushed Raven's hair from her face and wings. When the Dowenger said that it had survived, he looked at Raven and smiled. "You see, he or she is a fighter. Strong and arrogant." he told her. The master bedroom was a shambles but it would have to do for now. He picked Raven up and took her in and put her on the bed. He then went back to the living area and gently picked up the egg and brought it to her. "So in a years time we will have another little one running around." he caressed Raven's face. Turning to the Dowenger, "Is it safe now for the slaves to return to tend to Raven?"

The Dowenger nodded as she entered the room and leaned on the edge of the bed. "Yes." She said quietly as she looked down at the now unconscious Raven. "Be sure to keep anything hard or sharp away from the egg for a few hours. Give the shell time to harden fully. Raven will recover in a few hours." She moved away again, "I need to lay down." She said and then left. On the bed, Raven was already beginning to change. The stiff scales were softening and the purple around her throat lessening in intensity...

He went to the closet and took out bedding and brought it back to put around the egg to help protect it. Once that was done he began picking up the shattered furniture and piling it in a corner. Nothing but fire wood now he thought as he chuckled. Sophia and Kaetlyn with Seth returned and looked at the place with horrified eyes. "Take Seth to the other bedroom and one of you return to tend to her when she awakens. "Take care not to disturb the egg." He looked at both of them with a stern look. Both nodded and then did as he bade. She was in the middle of the bed with the egg close at hand. He sat on the edge of the bed and took one of her hands in his and held it.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Sophie was the one to return and she stared at the egg in shock as she went about cleaning things away. A couple of Anubis' lycans arrived to remove the broken furniture and make some repairs, but they kept far away from the bed and from Sophie. They had learned their lesson, it seemed. While Sophie was cleaning, she inched closer to the bed, her eyes glancing at the strange egg at least a dozen times or so. "Master?" She asked cautiously, "May I see it, please?".....

Anubis moved over to uncover the egg a bit more. "Careful." he ordered.

Sophie's eyes lit up as she stared at the green orb, "That's amazing." She breathed, "Did Ma'am really give birth to that whole thing?" It was easily bigger than a baby, even a large one....

"Indeed she did." he told her. "She will need lots of attention once she wakens. Do what you can now and try not to waken her. It has been hard on her." he looked around the room at the claw marks and broken furniture that was being taken away.

Sophie also looked around the room and nodded, "And I thought Mum smacking Dad when she had my baby brother had been hard." She said, then turned her eyes to Raven herself. She cocked her head to one side, "She doesn't seem so pale anymore, Master. Do you think she will look more normal now?".....

"I would assume so." he chuckled. "Now maybe my soldiers won't be going crazy around her." he reached over and caressed Raven's cheek. Her wings might need a bit of a streaching after she woke up. But she was in no shape to be balancing on a beam to sleep. He recovered the egg to keep it as warm as possible. At least he hoped that was what was suppose to be done.

Sophie gave a warm smile and finally ventured onto the bed. She didn't touch the egg, but she absolutely wanted to. Was it cold like her mistress or warm like her master? Was the surface as smooth as it looked, or a rough glaze that hadn't dried yet? She arranged a few of the remaining pillows around the egg and then moved around the bed to check Raven's wing. She sucked her teeth, then hissed the breath back out again. "There's some major damage here to some of her flight feathers, Master." She said, "And she's lost a lot of the down. If I may, Master, would you allow me some tools to sort thigns out before Ma'am wakes up? This may upset her."....

"Get what you need and return and do what you can." he told her

Sophie nodded and then quickly left. She returned a few minutes later with the tools a vet would need to care for a large bird. She put the kit down for Anubis to check first. It was complete, but some of the items were sharp and could do damage in the wrong hands.....

He looked at her and nodded. He was not going anywhere and if she tried something that would endanger the egg or Raven he would act. He watched what she did as he sat there holding one of Raven's hands in one of his.

Sophie took out the tools she needed first and then some cotton wadding and gauze. First, she picked up a pair of secatures and carefully snipped off the broken feathers at the base. This caused some considerable blood loss, but Sophie was quick with the wadding and she pressed the wound hard to stop the bloodflow. After wrapping the wadding in gauze, she then picked up the clipped feathers. One by one, she removed the core from each shaft with a small hooked tool and then took out some lengths of strong plastic. Using the secatures again, she clipped them to the lengths needed and then inserted them into the holed cores. She fixed them in place with superglue and then put them aside to dry while she went about removing any damaged down. It left a few bald patches near the base of Raven's wings, but it would grow back quickly. The glue had now dried on the flight feathers and Sophie began lining them up against the wounds on Raven's wing. After removing the gauze and cotton wadding, she checked each wound in turn and then took out a very thick needle. The splints were slightly larger than the hole. Being careful not to nick a vein, Sophie opened up the wounds again, wiping away the blood as it flowed and quickly pushed the splinted feather into the hole. After wiping a final time, Sophie then made a ring of glue around the splint to hold it in the wing. She then repeated the action with each of the remaining feathers. Once she was done, she put all the tools back in the case and pushed it over to Anubis to prove everything was there.....

He watched as she tended to Raven. Sophia was quite skilled in repairing Raven's wings. When she was done and pushed the tool kit to him to inspect, he nodded, closed it and pushed it back to her. "Keep this handy. It might yet be needed again." he told her. In giving her the kit back, he was telling her he was trusting her. "Thank you." he told her.

Sophie gave him a warm smile, "Thank you Master." She said with pride, but then the smile faded. "I need to move her wings now Master. I need to make sure she hasn't dislocated anything, or broken anything I haven't spotted yet. Would you please help me?".....

He nodded and helped Sophie move Raven so her wings were not under her.

Sophie turned Raven over until she was on her side and then carefully pulled both wings out flat across the bed. "It's a good job this bed is so big Master." She said, "Otherwise, I'd be pulling carpet fibre out forever." She gave a small laugh, showing she was actually quite relaxed around him now. "Could you hold her top wing up please Master?"....

He did as Sophie asked. He was finding himself becomeing more like he was in the begining. But he still kept an eye on her. He had learned from experience that even those that showed loyalty to him turned on him. He would not make that mistake again.

Sophie smiled and nodded, "Not too high." She said, "Just in case." She crawled under the mass of feathers and couldn't help herself. "Woah!" She said, "Now that's impressive! Have you seen the muscle under this thing? Arnie, eat your heart out!" she checked the joints and all seemed fine. She checked everything right down to the very tip of the bone and then clambered back out again. "That one is fine." She said, "Could you help me pull this one out please Master?" She asked politely....

He helped move Raven and pull the other wing out and let Sophia look at that one. He wondered where Mathaius was. Now that the danger had passed he was surprised that he had not come up to see the egg.

Sophie checked the joints as Anubis pulled out the wing for her, but then she heard a crunch and quickly grabbed the offending joint. "Hold it!" She said quickly, "Easy now." She lifted up the section with a grunt, "That explains Mr Universe under there then. She's cracked part of the philangy near the secondary joint. I need you to lift it up just a fraction until it clicks and then hold it very still for me.".....

Again he did what she said. It seemed that Sophia indeed have a good knowledge of bird like creatures. She would come in handy training others to take care of those that would come and that he would create. They would need trained people to take care of problems like Raven had been having.

Once she heard the click, she took hold of the wing and carefully felt along the bone until she found the crack. She moved aside some of the down and checked the skin. It wasn't broken and there was no swelling. This was a good thing. With Anubis holding the wing still, she reached back into the kit and pulled out a small needle and syringe. She then took out a small vial of liquid. "This is a liquid cortisone." She explained. "We inject it into the bone to relieve any stress from a fracture and it helps the bone heal quicker."....

"Go ahead." he told her and watched her carefully.

Sophie pushed the needle into the skin and started injecting the liquid slowly. After each small injection, she moved the needle around under the skin to the next point and then continued until the syringe was empty. She then put the needle back in the box and felt around the wing. "Very slowly, move the joint around in a small circle. If it clicks again, I'll need more cortisone.".....

He compled and did it generly. He didn't want to make anything worse. "How will she feel when she wakes up from all of this you are doing?" he asked

Sophie shook her head. "I don't know." She replied honestly. "The birds I've dealt with in the past haven't been quite this big. I treated an albatross for a broken philangy once and he bit me when he woke up. She might be a little sore around the joint and where I've repaired her feathers. She might not. If she heals quick like you do, she might be fine by the time she wakes up.".....

He waited till she was completely done before easing her back, making sure here wings were out of the way. He looked out the door trying to see if the Dowgener was there. He needed to know more of what to do. He was in new territory with all of it and wanted to make sure he didn't do anything wrong.

Sophie smiled at her work as Raven's wings laid easily and in line across the bed. "It's hard to imagine something so delicate carrying something so heavy." She said openly. "And how she can still look so skinny with all that muscle underneath. It's no wonder the science sorties are so enthralled by her kind. I'd love to be able to tell them what I've learned about her." She looked to Anubis, "But you'd probably kill me before giving me that kind of permission." She packed away the tool kit and covered Raven with a soft sheet before looking again at the egg. "Master?" She asked, "Could I touch it please? Just oce and I'll be gentle, I promise. I've handled bird eggs before, even the big ones.".....

"I know you would be careful, but before anyone touches it, I want the Dowgener to tell me that it is alright. This is totally new to me as it probably is to you. After I get her blessing on it." he told her. "If you could go find her and ask her to come back up."

Sophie nodded and quickly left, taking her tool kit with her. She informed the Dowenger of what was happening upstairs and then handed the kit back to the guard with a smile. By the time the Dowenger had made it back upstairs, Sophie had joined her, but she then went into the other bedroom out of the way. "You requested my presence?" The old female asked Anubis.....

Anubis looked up at her from the bed and smiled. "Yes. I had Sophia tend to Raven's damaged wings so she will feel better when she awakes. I am not sure of what to do for the egg, except to keep it protected with things around it. Should I keep it warm, can people touch it? I am not sure of what to do."

The old female smiled and hobbled forward. She pulled the sheet from the top of it and ran her haggered old fingers over the shell. She nodded, "Yes, it can be handled now." She said, "The shell has hardened properly." She then checked Raven over and lifted an eyebrow at the repairs on the wings. "Normally, I would consider this as human butchery." She said, "But looking at this, I would say they have done a good job." She continued checking Raven over and gave another smile. "Scales softening." She mused, "Some pigment restored around the limbs. This is good. Give her a day and I would say she will have all her colour back and her cycle will have ended." She then pushed her cane between Raven's knees. The damage there was already healing too and the Dowenger nodded in approval. "I think she will soon be a completely different female.".....

He smiled. "Thats good." he again took one of Raven's hands in one of his. "So I should make sure the egg is kept warm. Once she awakens, I am sure she will have her ways of doing that."

The Dowenger smiled again and nodded. "This should be fine." She said, then looked down at Raven, "You have done well so far. You are a fine mate, Anubis of the Nile." She ran her hand over the egg again and smiled. "This will be the first hatchling in over four thousand years. This makes me very happy.".....

"Let us hope that it is not the last." he smiled at the old woman. He then got up and went over to the other bedroom and called Sophia. "She says that you will be able to touch it now." He lead her back to the master bedroom and resumed his spot on the edge of the bed.

Sophie came back into the room with a bright smile and moved to the bed. She touched the egg tenderly and then smiled again at Anubis. "Like marble." She said, then looked at the Dowenger. She bowed her head low and then left again. The Dowenger lifted an eyebrow. "An interesting human you have there, Anubis," She said, "I'd be inclined to watch that one very carefully.".....

He looked over at the Dowenger, raising a brow at her comment. "Why is that?" he asked.

She turned her head and watched Sophie move into the other room, "It's entirely too happy." She replied, "And I feel it has an impertinent need to ask questions.".....

"Human curiosity. The Humans of today have never seen your kind. Only heard about them in myths and stories." he told her, "She knows not to talk about anything that happens here with others. She knows what will happen if she does. But she is skilled in taking care of Raven and if others come and need help she can do it."

The Dowenger lifted her brow again. "It did this?" She pointed to Raven's wings. "Very well, I can tolerate it if it's this good at health care." She then took a deep breath and sat down on the edge of the bed. Her nose wrinkled slightly, "I don't like that you allow your muts in here though."....

"Why do you and Raven call my lycans muts?" he wanted to know. "They are a able to change from human form to a powerful wolf type form." his voice was not one of anger but courious.

"They are neither one thing nor another." She replied honestly, "A mongrel, or mut. And they have never proven to be that trustworthy. At least, not in my lifetime."....

He grinned. "That is because they had no one to lead them. When I first created the first of their kind back at the begining, they were the most trustworthy and loyal soldiers I had. Here they have proven to be the same. Those you have seen after the betrayal of the Humans, were without leadership and fell into a more savage nature. As you seen aboard the ship, they were told to protect you, and everyone of them gave their lives to do so."

The Dowenger nodded, "You have a valid point." She said, "But I'm too old and too stuck in my ways to know different. There may still be time enough for Raven, if she can trust them after what they did."....

"Well that was not entierly their fault. Her scent drove them and others made with desire." he chuckled. "I had to wear a mask at first. But I think she will come to see them a loyal soldiers." he moved his wings a bit, "I to am a hybrird." he looked at her.

The old female nodded, "Well, she is the Primus." She said, "And you are right, you are as much a half breed as your mut..... lycans.".....

"Better then humans, but still not a pure race. Though my lycans have mated and have had young, and they too have been able to change back and forth. Perhaps that would be considered the start of a new race." Hopefully if he was able to do as he planned, there would be another race started that would be considered a pure race and not hybirds.

The Dowenger nodded, "True." She replied, "As they must survive the attack in order to become the lycan, they are still living creatures. Which is perhaps why you have perplexed me so."....

"Oh? What perplexes you about me?" he asked intrested

"You are a complete contradiction to the rule." She said. "In order for you to become what you are, your human self had to die. Seeing as only the living can procreate." She moved her hand over the egg....

"Never died. When Cain created me he only drained enough blood to make me weak and then gave me some of his blood. The change came as I recovered from the blood loss. The same was with the others Cain created. "He said he chose us because a star fell from the sky near our village just before we were born."

The Dowenger furrowed her brow, "But our bite is deadly." she said, "And not just because we have a strong one. We carry deadly toxins that kill humans. Now unless you were somehow immune to the toxins, I have no idea how you cold have survived Cain's bite.".....

He shugged his shoulder, "It seemed that we all survived his bite. He never did make any others though." he rubbed his jaw. It was just the four of us that were born only days apart of each other.

She furrowed her brow deeper. "How old are you exactly?" She asked.....

Adam and Eve, the flood. about 10 thousand years?"

The Dowenger nodded, "Hmmm." she said, "Now if memory serves me correctly, that would be around the time Leo was prominent over the Middle East. When the Nile Lion was first crafted. Yes, I think I remember.".....

"I do beleive that it is about 10,000 years that I have lived. One does tend to lose count after a while." he smiled.

The old female laughed softly, "Wait until you're my age." She joked, "And then say that." She put a crooked finger to her lips, "Yes, I do remember. There was a big hoo-hah about a meteor shower one year. Frightened the humans spectacularly well, but it had a few unexpected side effects for those in the direct path of it.".....

"Oh?" now he was courious. "What were the side effects."

"Raven made a study of it." She said, "Came back with some very interesting stories from the region. As it happened, the people in the direct path of the shower were living longer and were healthier and stronger than those that weren't. The lands were much more fertile than other places. She told me once of a garden in Babylon that she was sad to leave. She'd never seen such green in that area before. And it was one of the few places she was made welcome. She told me stories of flowers and plants that surrounded her in beauty and scents that she wished she could bottle and keep.".....

"Sounds like a beautiful place. So the metor that hit near the village may have had an effect on me and the others. Made us different then the other humans at the time and immune to your toxin and there fore were changed by it to become vampires and more. We have the same toxin, but it is now changed to be able to create others of my kind. Some how Cain knew this."

The Dowenger shrugged her shoulders, "It is entirely possible." She replied. "Nature has always been the greatest mystery. I remember that she told me once of a village she went to and a particular family honourable enough to give her lodgings. She made kind note of them in her journals, in particular, a female named Sand."...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:09 am

He now had an idea of why Cain chose him and the others and created no others. He would have killed any other human he bit. Anubis and the others were changed somehow to accept the toxin and change into what they were. But how did he know? The main thing though was that it made it possible for the Angelus race to continue. He wondered if Cain had that in mind when he made them. Was it to prove to them that he was just as good as Able or better? He would never know, because Cain had never been heard of after the Flood. Either he was killed somehow or he was still out there somewhere, blended into the human race.

He listened to the Dowenger go on about Nature being a mystery. "What was special a bout Sand?" he asked. She was talking about nature and wondered what Raven had found.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:27 am

The Dowenger chewed her lip for a second, then summoned one of the slaves. Sophie arrived and bowed low. "Go and fetch my brown satchel." She ordered, "Mathaius will show you which one I need." Sophie bowed low again and quickly left. She returned a few minutes later with a comparably huge leather bag. The Dowenger waved Sophie away and opened up the bag. After some rummaging, she pulled out a tattered looking book and brought it back to the bed.

The Dowenger opened it carefully and started flicking through the pages for what she needed. "Ahh!" She said suddenly, here we go." She handed the book to Anubis. On the page, there was a detailed picture of Sand. She had long black hair with a single stripe of grey running from a lsightly left aligned parting. She had dark brown eyes and olive coloured skin. she had a few small scars on her hands and arms from skinning carcasses and her left hand had some bleaching scars from the tanning and stretching of the skins. All in all though, she was a genuinely beautiful woman. Underneath the picture was Raven's account of the woman.

~I've been in this village now for a number of weeks, but as yet, there has only been one family willing to do more than stare at me. The head of the household is rarely around. He spends much of his time hunting the local game, so it has been left to his mate to welcome me in. Her name is Sand, or I believe so if my translations are correct. The dialect of Aramaec here has been difficult to master. She is quite stunning for a human and unusually polite and accomodating to me. She has told me much about the village and the hierarchy within. Oddly enough, it is not so far removed from my own. There are a group of Elders; all male, that handle the running of the village and disputes between the residents. There are also a dedicated group of hunters that provide the main food source. Once again however, these are all men. It seems there is a strict code of behavior between male and female. The males provide food and safety while the females provide homes and children. I find Sand's thoughts on this matter odd, for she is as good, if not better than her mate in providing food. And she also cares for her offspring and her mates parents also. I find her an intriguing and strong person that I am happy to call my friend.

I'm not sure how she has managed things today. Her mate brought home a large carcass I can only assume to be a large bear in the early hours. Before dawn, she had the carcass bled, skinned and gutted and by the time the family sat down to eat, she had made bread, collected milk from the goats, collected eggs from hens and cleaned the main room of the house. And he simply sat there and watched her. I don't care to know his name, for he holds no interest to me. Besides, he treats her like a slave and I find that disgusting considering how many offspring she has borne this ignorant moron and how well she has kept his home. The young she is currently caring for are 9 and 4 years old, but she is carrying another that should be arriving shortly. The other six have left the home to make their own families. They visit regularly, but I have yet to meet them.

Sand has been telling more stories of her lands today. Her tales are always a source of good entertainment for me. Her beliefs of her gods and their actions on the earth, though I find highly amusing and wish to laugh, a sign that humans have at least some respect for beings greater than themselves. The weight of her child is showing on her now. I understand the gestation of human offspring to be just short of ten lunar cycles and sand has now reached this mark. Perhaps she will allow me to watch the birth? I would be interested to see a live birth in humans. Perhaps it will coincide with the meteor shower predicted by the Elders.

As expected, the meteor shower has proven to be a spectacular event. It has had the humans in a panic, thinking their gods are trying to kill them again and were I of a more simple mind, I might have believed them. One has hit the ground acoss the river. And there has been some more news. Sand has begun her birthing rituals. What is passed off as a midwife here has said she will birth by the morning, but I know the child will arrive long before dawn.

The previous nights of the shower have left some remarkable craters and some of the rocks have been brought back to the village as trophies. I feel something more is happening. I will explain more when I know it to be true. Sand gave birth to a female. It was not well received for some reason. It screamed and seemed healthy enough for a human. As I recall, there wa sa huge celebration for a neighbouring home that borne a son last year. So many strange human customs. Why should male offspring be so well celebrated and the females forgotten? Sand seems not to care. She allowed me to handle the child this afternoon. I felt an immediate sense of devotion and affection and a need to protect the female. She is still so very delicate. She cannot even grip hard enough to be carried.

There were many more entries in the journal that focused on other aspects of the village and surrounding land and more about the effects of the meteor shower, but Anubis had only asked about Sand so far.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Anubis was able to read the language. One of the first written so long ago. The discription of the village life sounded quite familiar, except that in his village men and women were treated equally. The women were reverered because without them the village would die out. Yes they took care of the household duties and bore children, but they were listened to at the council. Their input was valuable as it was from anothr prespective. Their spiritual leader was an old woman, a shamaness. The Dowgener reminded him of her. Wise and intelligent with a knowledge of things that the others of the village didn't have.

He had conqured several villages like the one tha Sand had come from. It was quite possible that her village had been taken into the empire of Cain. The report of the metor shower he made note of. Other places could have been effected as his village had ben at the time. The strange rocks brought back to the village could have changed the people there as well. He did recall some villages haveing longer life spans then others. That would account for what the Christians and Jewish humans had written down in their holy books about the begining.

He read on wanting to know if there were any changes to the village after the rocks were brought back.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:37 pm

The next entry was several weeks after the last one Anubis read.

~I think I know more about the meteor shower and it's effects. I noted previously that I felt there was more to it than what had appeared to me. Over the last number of weeks, I have noticed large changes in the natural surroundings of this village. And it's spreading. I'm not sure exactly what 'it' is, but it seems to have a deeply positive effect. The Elders of the village believe there will be a larger than average harvest this year and the river is flowing freely with fish. I feel I must contact the Dowenger and ask her advice on this. On a lighter note, the arrival of Sand's female offspring seems to have finally been noticed. As she was born on the first night of the meteor shower, the village Elders somehow believe she is responsible for the new fertility in the land. The family have been given higher status in the village and she has been given a new name. If my translation is correct, it means Land of Life. In the original context, I believe the term is spoken as Akasha.

The harvest has come and it has been larger still than believed. The land is supposed to be entering the dry season now, but the land has turned a lucious green in colour and it has been planted a second time. The soil is still fertile. The Dowenger has returned my message and advised that I should soon move on. I am to investigate further effects of the meteor shower south beyond Babylon's boundries. I am unsure whether or not I wish to leave. Sand and I have become close friends now and I do not wish to leave her behind. I could take her and Akasha with me, but that would incure the wrath of her mate and the Elders of the village. The infant has become a symbol of life here and though I do not share their beliefs, I cannot interfere with the lives of these people further. I will be sad to go and I will return when I can.
~
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:54 pm

He raised a brow at the name the girl child was given. It was possible that all over the name may have been given to girl children. His Akasha had been from his village as had the other two. He knew Akasha's mother and it had not been Sand. "An interesting thing. To day the humans would attriubte it to a strange form of radiation that made everything grow and give those being born longer lives. To bad those strange rocks were lost or burried long ago.

The Dowenger nodded, "Very much so. Raven did bring back a few of them and we studied them, but we didn't find much more than slightly heightened radiation and a few minerals that were not natural to earth. They are held in the archive with the Elders." She took the book back and turned a few more pages. "There is much about the fertility of Babylon at the time and many other villages that she visited along the way. Most of them thought she was attacking and drove her away, but there were a few that welcomed her. One village here thought she was one of their gods."....

Anubis grinned. "Some thought Cain, myself and the others were gods. When I began the new empire after the flood, the people there along the nile thought we were gods as well. I think Anyone that was different, stronger, could change forms and just do things that were strange and new would have been considered gods."

The Dowenger nodded as she turned a few more pages. "It didn't last long though. They found out she could bleed." She looked across at Anubis, "As I recall from human history, gods don't bleed. She got away, barely." The Dowenger shook her head, "She was still so naive back then, but she learned quickly. Perhaps there is mention of your village here. Babylon was relatively close to your lands at the time, wasn't it?"......

"Mine was further west, where Iraq is now. Babylon was where Iran is, if I am not mistaken. But I doubt that she has any record of my village. We would have definately noticed Raven if she had entered the empire back then." One like Raven would have been noticed and Cain would definately have known who and what she was and probably would have tried to kill her. "Cain would have known her and what she was."

The Dowenger nodded, "She did travel west though eventually." She said, "But then there is a large gap in her journals, so we don't know what she found there."....

"Oh she probably knew Cain and did not want to stir up trouble. From what I have gathered, he would not have welcomed her one bit and probably would have tried to kill her." he rubbed his jaw. "But it would seem strange that she would not have reported that Cain was alive. He was suppose to have been dropped from a great height, one that would have killed him even in his changed status. I amsure the elders would have wanted to know that he still lived."

The Dowenger nodded again, "They wold most certainly have wanted to know." She said, "And she would have reported it, I'm sure. She has never spoken of the gap in her journals, but it was around that time that some humans led an uprising against us. The ice was receeding and the humans were getting closer to our home and they didn't like what they found."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:31 am

He wouldn't doubt it. Humans finding something vastly different then themselves and that they were the food source for the Angelus. Yep they wouldn't like that. He looked over at Raven smiling. He could just see their faces looking at the Angelus.

The Dowenger closed the book and put it back in the satchel. "Would you like to read through her journals?" She asked....

"I would enjoy that. I only saw a small portion of the world back then. I was busy with my little piece of it." he chuckled. "She would have been considered one of the first jet setters. Flying all over the world and seeing everything.

The Dowenger shook her head, "She's never made mention of flying." She said, "She's said man times that she spent most of her time actually walking. She only flew when she had to."....

Still she would have been considered the first. He was anxious to read over her entries about the wourld back then. He turned to the old Angelus. "I never did get a chance to thank you for comming." He told her, "I am glad that you decided to come and be here for this." he gently rubbed the egg.
:
The Dowenger smiled warmly, "I wouldn't have missed this for the world." She told him, then leaned over and moved her thumb tenderly down between Raven's eyebrows and to the tip of her nose. "She and Mathaius are about the only family I have left.".....

"Where is he?" Anubis asked. "I thought for sure he would love to see the egg."

The Dowenger smiled again, "He won't enter the nest until invited." She said. "She is delicate right now and vulnerable. It is customary that only the fraternal male should be in the nest at this time.."....

Anubis nodded. When she woke up he would make sure Mathaius paid a visit. He would then see that there was a good chance that what he planned would work. He would be the begining of the new Elders, if the others decided to join them.

"Be careful what you wish for, Anubis of Nile River." The Dowenger warned, then smiled again, "Apologies. It's a habit ."

He had not said a word. did she read his mind? "What was I wishing for?"

"To be the first new Elder of our race." She said with a smile, "You are asking a lot of those around you and those that will be around you. And you ask a lot of your mate and yourself. Should you be the Elder of the race, you must give up what you have gained or you will never be able to judge without prejudice. For everything you gain for yourself, you must pay a price.".....

He laughed. "I think you misread my mind. I was thinking of Mathaius as being the first new elder. I think he would make a good one." he smiled.

Now this had the old woman thinking. "Indeed." She said, "He would make a fine Elder and he would judge fairly and wisely, but it would be his choice.".....

"He would also have you to get advice from." What else could he do but accept it. He would be the eldest male and they would need new leadership. Anubis had his own empire to run and would need Raven to help him with that. "I am sure that he would accept. He seems to be the type that will do what is needed to see to the needs of his people."

The Dowenger nodded again, "He has tended my needs for many years and has never failed me yet." She said, "I have no doubt he would show the same diligence and honour as an Elder." She looked to Raven again and made the same strange motion with her thumb. "I used to do this with her mother." She said quietly, "When she was melancholic or recovering."....

"Does it help her relax, or does it help her come out of it." he asked

"No." She replied, then leaned over and repeated the action with Anubis. The touch was soothing, affectionate and left a warm feeling. She smiled warmly at him, like a mother would her child. "It enforces a bond in the family. Humans call it affection?"....

Anubis smiled. He would have to remember that for later on with Raven. "You had best get some rest. I am sure when Raven awakes she will want you here to talk to. I will be staying with her till she awakens."

The Dowenger gave a small laugh, "When she wishes to see me, I shall be here." she said, "When she wakes up, the first thing she will need will be your affection. She has shown you so much already. I have been reading her memories while she has been sleeping and I have seen her bond closer with you than any." She touched Raven's forehead and then his...

He was feeling like his old self in the begining. It was as a weight had been lifted from him. Family, that was what he had needed all along. Someone that he could love and care for and that would do the same for him. Though he still had no real love for the human race, his hate for them was easing some. Those that had did the evil were long turn to dust now and if he could he would change the humans he controled in the way they thought and did things.

"You will earn our customs in time, Anubis." She offered, then eased herself off the bed. After giving the egg a gentle rub, she left them alone. By the time she had gone, Raven's colour had almost completely changed. The purple band around her throat had nearly disappeared and her skin had gained a slight olive colour. Not as deep as his, but enough to show she actually spent time in the sun. Also, the tough scales had all but melted into her skin, leaving a silken softness to the touch. She looked nothing like before and rather different still to how she had arrived as well....

He propped himself up against the backboard of the bed, spreading his wings abit so not to sit on them. He caressed her face and did what the Dowenger had done. "You will have such a nice surprise when you awake." he looked at the egg. "It has survived and we will have another little one running around the place."

Raven slept for maybe another half an hour before she felt a strange warm sensation between her eyebrows. It made her smile, "I love you too Father." She murmered softly. even her voice was much softer now. Her eyes opened and she blinked a few times before realising it wasn't her father touching her, but Anubis. She smiled and moved his hand away. Instead, she crawled up the bed a little and turned her head to face him. Once she was level, she leaned forward and touched her forehead to his.....

"Look down at the bed my love." he smiled.

Raven closed her eyes for a moment and then finally moved away from him again. She turned her head and took a deep breath. "Perfect." She said and reached out to touch it lightly and then turned back to Anubis. She smiled at him and carefully laid back down again against him. Slowly, she pulled one wing over to keep her touch on it. "Where is Seth?" She asked....sorry hun, but i'm gonna have to go

"With Sophia and Kaetyln in the other room." he told her. He caressed her cheek. "Not sure how he will react to a large egg on the bed.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Raven gave a smile, "I'm sure he'll be fine." She said, "He'll probably think a big chicken laid it." She gave a small groan from the stiffness in her hips and then furrowed her brow at her wings. "Why can't I feel some of my feathers?"......

"Sophia had to do some repair work on them. You were a bit wild and they took a beating." he told her. He looked down at the egg. "I told you it would survive. A strong and hardheaded one. Now we will have to start thinking of names."

"Oh." She replied, then sat up carefully to check them. She could feel where the work had been done and once she looked it over carefully, she lifted her brow. "Fine work." She said, "I'll have to reward Sophie for this." She then looked at the egg. "Why do we need to start considering names?" She asked, "It won't be hatching until next year.".....

"It is something that parents seem to do even before the child is born. To be ready when the time comes." he told her. "I am sure you have some names that you would like to name the little one. Since I named Seth it is your turn to name this one. A girls name and a boys name so when he or she emerges a name can be given."

Raven furrowed her brow. "Human customs still mystify me." She said, "Normally, names are chosen by the Elders or the Dowenger after the hatchling has been shown to the flock." She looked at the egg. "If it is male, I would like to name it Marcus after my father. Perhaps Nyra for a girl."....

Anubis smiled. "Good Names. Since there is no Elders, although I have talked to the Downger about having Mathaius becoming the first new Elder here should the others decide to join us, there is none but the Dowenger to do it. So having names ready is a good thing." he leaned over and kissed her cheek.

Raven gave a small nod and a smile as he kissed her. Then slowly, she edged herself towards the edge of the bed. Her hips were still sore, but she could feel the swelling going down quickly. "Is it day or night?" She asked.....

"Night." he said. The day had gone by. "What do you have in mind?"

Raven sighed lightly, "I feel wiped out." She said, "I thought perhaps a few hours basquing would help me feel better. I know it would warm me."....

He smiled. "In a few hours." he told her. He picked up the old book and moved around the bed to help her up. "Don't know if you should be getting up so soon."

"I'll be fine." She said then looked at the old satchel. She lifted an eyebrow and then looked at Anubis. "Dowenger given you some light reading?" She asked....

He chuckled, "You could say that. Some interesting entries, but none of the empire when you headed west. You made no mention of it or of Cain." he looked at her raising a brow.

Raven looked down and then closed the flap over the satchel. "There was nothing there." She said, "Nothing worth writing about." She then moved to her egg and began turning it slightly, adjusting the pillows and sheets better to surround it.....

"Nothing there?" he asked.

"Nothing." She replied quickly....

It could have been before the empire had been created. It depended on how long after the metor shower that she visited the area. "I will read more of your journey later." he watched her turn the egg.

"Feel free." She offered, "I've noted some find memories of the far east and the people there."....

"Do you wish to go see Seth now?" he asked. The little one had not seen her in a bit. he had been busy playing and being with Anubis for a bit.

Raven nodded and quickly moved away from the bed. She hoped he wouldn't ask again about the gaps in her journals. Leaving the bedroom door open, she called for Seth and then crouched down as he came running to her. She smiled lovingly and lifted him up with a kiss and a cuddle. "Hello you." She said warmly, "Did you miss me?" Seth laughed and cuddled her back.....

Sophia and Katelyn emerge from the other bedroom looking at them. Anubis watched how she treated Seth. The loving and protective mother. "Is there anything else we can do for you Sophia asked?"

Raven looked at Shophia and gave her a rare smile. "You have done far more than you needed to." She said, "You have done me a great service and I thank you for it." She looked then to Kaitlyn and smiled again, "And you have tended my hatchlings needs far better than I could have hoped for. I don't normally credit humans with much, but you two have proven your worth to me. Thank you.".....

Sophia bowed her head smiling as did Katelyn. Back up north the younger Angelus knowing that the Dowgener is no longer there and having received her strange communication begin talking. This along with Mathaius' absence made the elders angry. The young could see that the elders were no longer ones to look to for advice or leadership. The remaining Angelus pack up a few things they can carry and leave their long time home.

In return, Raven did something she hadn't done since the last ice age. She bowed her head to a human. She lowered her head to the girls in thanks and then moved into the main room. "Sophia." She said, "You told me that you were doing a thesis on my race at university." Sophie nodded, "Yes Ma'am, until the Master came." She replied. Raven sat herself on the sofa arm and bounced seth on her knee. "I want you to return to university and finish your thesis and degree. You are a great asset to me and I want to keep it that way." Sophie could have jumped with joy and hugged Kaitlyn, not daring to hug her mistress. "Thank you Ma'am, thank you so much!" Raven then turned her eyes on Kaitlyn. "I am putting you in charge of caring for my young, Kaitlyn. You have a good hand with offspring and I feel you should continue down this path." Kaitlyn smiled widely and nodded also. "Thank you Ma'am." She said honestly, "It will be an honour."....

Anubis was a bit taken aback at what Raven was allowing the two slaves to do. But they were her's to do with as she pleased. "I will give Sophia a letter to allow her to move about the city. Your form of identification will also prevent any of my soldiers from bothering her."

Raven nodded and then put Seth down on the floor to play. She then moved to Anubis and nodded to him, "A happy nest all round, wouldn't you say?" She offered, "And a happy nest is a productive one."....

Anubis smiled "That I would have to agree with." he put his arms about her and drew her to him. He looked down at Seth who looked happy and content. That was a good thing. In the master bedroom was the egg that would contain the first Angelus born in a very long time.

Raven hugged him back and smiled. She stayed there for a few moments and then turned her head to the door. "Mathaius is waiting to be invited." She said, then looked up at Anubis.....

"I was wondering when he would come." he grinned. "He went to the door and opened it. "Come in." he said with a broad smile.

Mathaius smiled and lowered his head before entering the penthouse. He looked around and lifted an eyebrow, "Not too much damage then." He said with a laugh before moving to Raven. He bowed his head and then leaned over, putting his forehead to hers. She returned the gesture and then hugged him. Mathaius lifted out his arms, not sure exactly what she was doing, but he smiled anyway and then looked to Anubis. "How are you both fairing?" He asked....

"Quite well. Would you like to see the egg?" Anubis asked. he nodded towards the master bedroom.

Mathaius beamed with a smile, "Absolutely!" He said and quickly moved into the bedroom. He looked around and laughed some more before moving to the bed. He didn't remove any of the 'guarding' from it, but gently touched the top of it and smiled broadly. "Congratulations.".....

Anubis looked around the room, "I was wanting to redecorate it anyways." he chuckled and nodded to Mathaius' congradulations. The egg was wonder and it would be a long year before it would hatch. An anxious year.

Mathaius laughed and moved back into the main room. Once he was there, Seth toddled over to him and grabbed his leg. The Angelus looked down at him and lifted an eyebrow. He still didn't quite understand why Raven had taken this little guy. "I'm suprised his mother hasn't tried to reclaim him." he said, picking the boy up. "She must be missing him." He looked to Anubis....

"Perhaps not. From what Raven said, she abandoned him. Why it is unclear. To abandon a child like him, to me is a crime. I would never let that woman try to reclaim him, nor do I think Raven would." Seth really seemed to enjoy the big Angelus. "Guess we will have to call you Uncle Mathaius." he grinned. "I think he considers you family."

Mathaius lifted an eyebrow and turned to face Raven. "Is this true?" He asked. Raven nodded, "It is. The female took the time to grab her belongings from the carriage, but left him behind and ran for the shadows when I flew over. I wasn't about to let him be some vampyre's lunch or a chew toy. And as yet, she hasn't come forward for him, so I can only assume she doesn't care." Mathaius shook his head and looked down at Seth again. "Such a waste." He said, "Females like that should never be allowed to breed." Raven lifted her head, "I disagree. You cannot blame the hatchling for the failings of his mother." Mathaius nodded and then smiled....

Seth yawned and snuggled into Mathaius, closing his eyes. Anubis smiled and shook his head. Whispering now, "Definately has taken to you." he said as he put an arm about Raven.

Mathaius smiled again and looked at Seth. He felt he was getting quite attatched also to the boy. Mathaius adjusted him a little to cradle him. "I think perhaps he should be in his bed." he said quietly, "Where does he sleep?" Kaitlyn came forward and lowered her head. "He sleeps in the other room with Sophie and me." She offered, "Follow me, Sir." Mathaius followed Kaitlyn and then returned a few minutes later. "I can see now why she's so taken with him. He is truly adorable. I think you will have a loyal son when he grows up. Pity he's only human though. They have such short lives.".....

Anubis nodded and looked at Raven. When Seth was an adult he would see what she would say about giving him the gift. Perhaps he to would become like him. He would not one a son, even an adopted son, to have a very short life.

Mathaius smiled again and moved to the door. "Thank you for letting me in." He said politely. "I'll be around if you need me." He then left.......

Anubis then turned and took Raven back into his arms and hugged her. "A good new begining." He then guided her back to the master bedroom. "In the morning we will go up and greet the sun together."

Raven smiled and nodded, "A wonderful idea." She replied. Once in the bedroom, she checked the egg and then climbed onto the bed. Putting her wings out, she wrapped them and herself around it and settled down to sleep....

Anubis joined her and like wise used his wings to help cover and protect the egg. The next two days were busy. Anubis sent for the best doctors that there were in the city, scientists that knew genitics. He wanted them to examine men and women of the city and find the fittest, strongest and intelligent of them all. He would see if he was right, but he would give them the choice. He didn't want any that were not willing. They had to be willing to become what he was."

Raven spent the next couple of days in only two places. She was either in the penthouse with Seth and her new egg or she was up on the roof basquing. With her cycle now over, she looked much more normal and she felt much more normal too. Also over those few days, Raven had employed some engineers to erect fencing all around the roof space to make it safe. Seth needed to spend some time outdoors and she felt this was the safest place he could be. The fencing had gone up with no problems and she had checked it all thoroughly. Also, she had the roof covered in fake grass called astroturf and some playground style euipment for Seth to play on while he was up there. All in all, Raven had created a small garden for them all to enjoy. On this particular day, all but Anubis were up on the roof. The egg had been placed in a large padded basket and was sat underneath a large parasol. Raven sat close to it while Seth was being swung back and forth by Kaitlyn. Sophie was sat preening Raven's wings and checking that she had fully healed.....

Anubis was away at the university meeting with the scientists and doctors. One of the female lycans in human form came up onto the roof. "Mistress," she bowed her head, "Spies in the enemy's camp report that their radar has detected several unidentified objects coming in from the north. They are to small to be aircraft."

Raven lifted her head and shielded her eyes against the sun. She nodded, "Give my invitation to the Dowenger to join us. She will want to know about this."....

"Yes Mistress." the lycan said and left. Raven was now the Queen of Anubis' small kingdom. Shortly afterwards the Dowenger hobbled up onto the roof.

Raven got to her feet, then snapped her fingers at Sophie. "Go fetch a chair for the Dowenger." She said and Sophie quickly brought one and sat it next to the egg under the parasol. The Dowenger sat down and smiled. "You have yourself quite a little paradise up here." She said, "But I don't know how you handle the heat." Raven smiled and sat back down again. "You'll get used to it." She said. "The reason I've asked you up here is to tell you that the humans have spotted several small objects heading this way from the north. Could you reach out and feel what they might be?" The Dowenger gave a croaky laugh, "They are our kin." She said warmly, "I felt their presence yesterday." Then her face firmed a little, "Will the humans attack them?" Raven shook her head, "I hope not. I'll send a messenger to Anubis to let him know. Only he deals with the humans outside the city. I want nothing to do with them." The Dowenger nodded, "I will send Mathaius." She said, "And I'll stay up here and adjust to my new climate with you." Raven smiled and then relaxed to basque more. Half an hour later, Mathaius arrived at the university. "Anubis." He said, "I bring word from the Dowenger.".....

Anubis looked at the humans and told them he would return shortly and left with Mathaius. "What is it?"

Mathaius looked over the humans with a mild sense of annoyance as he usually did. "The other Angelus are flying south." He said. "The humans have picked them up on something called radar? Raven fears they may be attacked and wishes you to speak with them.".....

Anubis got on his cell phone and made a call to the government's ambasador. "Any attack on those coming from the north will be taken as an act of War and I will launch one of the nukes at a random city." The frightened voice of the ambasador made him grin. He turned to Mathaius, "Shall we go greet them." his eyes were bright with anticipation.

Mathaius nodded, "The beach where I greeted you and Raven would be best." He said. "The Dowenger says they should arrive by dusk."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Anubis went outside and launched himself into the air and headed to the desginated spot. He would welcome the newcomers as he had Mathaius. He had said he would welcome them and make them feel wanted and welcome. He looked back to see if Mathaius was following.

Mathaius leapt into the air close behind Anubis and then pulled level with him. "How do you intend to greet them?" He asked....

"Well I thought like Raven and I welcomed you. You meeting them first and introducing me. I figure a familar face will have a calming effect." he told Mathaius.

Mathaius nodded, "A good idea." He replied, "But you are now my superior. I only greeted Raven first because you had no idea how to deal with a male of my race. It should be down to you to welcome them. This is your land.".....

Anubis nodded and hovered over the area where they would be landing. He then decended slowly and watched the sky and several dark dots slowly getting larger.

Mathaius followed Anubis down and then landed gracefully by the water's edge. He spotted the dark masses coming for them and opened his wings slightly to make himself look bigger. "Would you take my advice if I offered it?" He asked.....

"Of course." he told the big Angelus.

"When the land, let them come to you." He said, "Command their attention. You need to prove you are worth following. It doesn't matter that he Dowenger is here, or the Primus.".....

Anubis nodded and like Mathaius opened his wings to let them see him. Slowly the figures grew larger and the first of them landed at a distance and began walking forward. He stood there beside Mathaius. Watching the first of the Angelus to approach.

The first to approach was a young male. He looked more like a teenager than a man. He opened his wings a little to make himself look bigger and approached the two other males carefully. Behind him, two more youths followed. The young male spotted Mathaius and tilted his head to one side. Why had he not come forward? Then the youth turned his cool blue eyes towards Anubis and he furrowed his brow. "You!" He called. His voice had barely broken. "Who are you?!"....

"I am Anubis, Lord of Los Angeles, mate of Raven, friend to the Dowenger and Mathaius." he extended his wings fully. He made the young Angelus look smaller.

The young male stepped back slightly as Anubis extended his wings fully. He was almost as big as Mathaius and he would never mess with him. "I am Lucas!" he called, "Son of Crus." The other two youths stepped forward. "I am Laus sone of Crus!" Then the third, "I am Eagle, son of Crus!" These three were brothers, but more than that, they looked almost identical in looks. All three had ice blue eyes and tan coloured wings. Them two females came forward. They were middle aged or thereabouts. "I am Serene." Said the first. "And I am Lark." The second announced. The females were much bolder than the males as they stepped forward and circled Anubis in the cutomary way.....

Anubis watched the females and then addressed the males. "I welcome you to Los Angeles. To your new home. All of them were fine specimans of their race, even the older females. "When we get back to the Palace the Dowenger and Raven will be happy to greet you and welcome you and show you something marvelous." he smiled.

The Angelus before him regarded him oddly. He looked like one of them but he didn't smell or act like one. Just then, Serene reached out and touched him before quickly snapping her hand back. "He's warm blooded!" She said quickly, then backed up to be with the males. They all stared at him in shock then and Mathaius thought it best to step forward. "If I may?" He said to Anubis......

Anubis nodded to Mathaius. "I'll let you tell the tale." he smiled to his new friend.

Mathaius bowed his head a little, showing the others that Anubis was the boss. "My kin." He said, "Do not fear. You are welcome here. Anubis is a hybrid of our race. One created millenia ago by the betrayer, Cain." The others looked at one another and then back at Anubis. "He means us no harm or the Dowenger would never have come here. The Elders failed us by sending the Primus to kill him, but she has shown him the truth. Through him, we can rebuild our world, starting with just this small piece. He has given us hope and a new home and he has been chosen by the Primus. Come my flock and see for yourself the new life you are being offered here.".....

Anubis spoke again. "We hope to rebuild the race, make it strong once more. I have proven that it can be done. With in a year the first hatchling will come forth. A new begining."

Mathaius nodded, "I have seen it." He promised, "A blending between us and a mammal." He pointed to Anubis. "He holds the same genetic coding that Abel had." The older ones opened their eyes wide. The younger ones could only follow what the olders knew. "And there could be others too. Come. See our new home. The nest touches the sky almost and there is everything we need. Food and fresh water is abundant and the climate is wonderful. We no longer need to fear the darkness and cold of winter here. Come!" The younger ones were still cautious, but the older ones began stepping forward.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 am

Anubis smiled and said, "Follow me back to the Palace." Already in his mind he was working on plans for their accomadations. He would have the engineers and workmen build special compartments within the apartments below the penthouse. These would make it possible for them to enter it and close a door behind them and open one to the out side and launch themselves into the air and when they returned they could land within the chamber and close the outside doors and reenter the apartments. At the height that they would be out the wind would tear the place apart with out them.

He launched himself up into the air and headed back towards the Palace. At first they would need to land on the roof and he had a feeling that Raven and the Dowenger would be there waiting on them. This was a good day, one that he had hoped for. Now things would begin to get interesting he hoped.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum