The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Surrender (Open, could be mature)

2 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Never Surrender (Open, could be mature) - Page 3 Empty Re: Never Surrender (Open, could be mature)

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:45 am

Deadly smiled at Soul Weaver and wagged her tail giving a howl. “Shall I take her there, I can explain a little to her brother better.” She said wanting to spend as much time with her lost sister as she could. “Soul Weaver, you are so lucky about who your companion will be, Seclusion has already wondered off…” she laughed and trotted off with Soul Weaver on her back again quite happily.

She clambered on an old chair instead of using her wings to search the shelves she pulled a few books out and found something. “Hmmm…” she pulled the wooden box out and tapped it lightly, she opened it and looked shock but didn’t dare drop it, “Utopian spies, what on earth…” she read through the reports swiftly. “They usually report family yet… she’s missing, his mother is missing and Why on earth would they send reports here… about the queen…no wonder she went missing for so long” she stopped. She read the final report and stopped. “I knew it, but something seems wrong, I wonder.” She looked to the dates. “Not long before the demon king declared war on us. There has to be a reason, it’s too much of a coincidence now.” She returned the box moving it to a different, better hidden place. She had spoken in her own native language knowing that not one person hear could understand her words.

She gave a sigh and found a place to relax, she had a long bath and dried herself off her wings becoming a little limp from the water and decided to go let them dry off outside. She found a way to a high spot in the castle and rested on the roof her wings spread out while she thought, she had a lot of questions to ask of Nick and she was determined as well.

She went back to the study and settled down writing notes in her book about what she had found out that day, she waited until he returned before she began questioning him. “What is your relation to the Utopians? and don’t you dare give me a half answer, something is wrong, there are no records of your mother at all, you clearly have a personal link to us as well, but you’ve locked it away to the point I can’t find it but there are also several other things.” she said simply to him, her arms crossed over her chest and she looked to him determined to get an answer from him."If you want more evidence on why I'm asking, I have plenty to show you, now answer me, Nick. What is your relation to the Utopians? in particualr the first queen, in which you asked me about."
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Female Number of posts : 3448
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Never Surrender (Open, could be mature) - Page 3 Empty Re: Never Surrender (Open, could be mature)

Post by questor Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:28 am

As he entered the study to relax after his long Justice Court, he was bombarded by questions from Seclusion. Questions that made him very nervous. He quickly made sure the main doors of the chambers had been shut and secured, and that none had heard her. He returned to the study and his eyes blazed a bit. Her outburst could put everything he had worked for in jepordy. But he blamed himself mostly. He had let his feelings take over at the wrong time.

"So you have found something out, something I missed in my house cleaning of the castle." his eyes softened and he sighed. "To answer your questions I think it would be best to let the one person that knows it all to tell you. Once he has, you must never speak of it to anyone ever until have reached my goal." He sent for his healer/wizard.

The old man entered Nicks chambers and looked over at Seclusion. "Tell her old one, everything you know." Nick ordered.

The old demon looked at Seclusion and then Nick and nodded and then the turned his attention to Seclusion as he took a comfortable seat. "I have served Nick's family for a very long time. Before Nick, I served the King himself. Most think the King is a vicious and dark hearted Demon, but they do not know him as I do." he chuckled.

"Before this last War with the Angelics and humans, Nick's father, the King, went to the Utopians to negotiate trade and talk about making a military pact. There he met someone, beautiful she was, charming and she captured his heart. But she was the Queen of the Utopians. The Utopian King was cruel and paid little attention to her except when he felt the urge to have sex. Nick's father was yonger then and very handsome even for a demon. The queen also fell in love with Nick's father, and he visited the Utopian court often, mostly to see her." he looked over at Nick and he nodded for him to continue.

"The queen became pregnant and she knew whose child it was, and it was not her husbands. She went away for the term of the child. I was sent and I used my magic to alter my appearnce to look like one of you. I stayed close at hand with the queen and when she gave birth we both knew he would never pass as a Utopian. For several days she nursed him and sang to him and talked to him. But she knew she would have to return to the palace and without Nick. We concocted the story that the child had died during birth in such a way that her husband would beleive. I took Nick and returned to our King."

"Those that had helped with the birth had been sworn to secrecy by the queen and when she returned to the palace her husband was not happy to learn that the child was dead. He had thought it was his and he beat her for losing it. Years later one of those that helped deliver Nick was accused of a crime and to save her life she told the King everything. He went into a rage and killed the queen, then realized how loved she had been with the people and made it look like an accident. When Nick's father learned of this, he swore to avenge his loves death. He went a bit crazy and declared war on the Utopians, blaming them all for her death."

Nick then stepped forward, "Only after the war had been going on for some years with the Utopians did I find out about my lienage from, Seth here. My father had wanted to keep my identity a secret because he had no wife at the time and he did not want my leinage known for fear the Demon Lords would demand my death. He made sure I was educated well and rose in the ranks of the Military. For when he is on his death bed he will declare me his successor and none will know that I am his son. From the time I learned of who I was I have been plotting and planning my rise to the throne, and other things."

He moved up to her and caressed her cheek. "The Heart is Not Dead." was all he said.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:53 am

She listened in silence her arms still folded over her chest, taking in every word; her eyes closed listening to what she was told. “At least her life wasn’t wasted then” she said simply, “My mother, she was a dear friend of the queen and was there at the birth; she told me a little which is why I started to get curious, but I also knew how she died as well.” She seemed to pause for a moment, thinking to herself. “It also explains why we didn’t mind you as much as others, but think about it, if they were clever wouldn’t have they have realised, fi you are the son of demons and utopians then both would respect you, we are able to fly, unlike a lot of demons so it would’ve been to their advantage.”

When he moved up and caressed her cheek she moved a little into the touch and nipped at his fingers almost playfully, as she would've treated one of her own “Also, one more thing” she said and got up, she pulled something from her black book and handed it to him. “You might want it, as a memento of sorts it would be nice to have something at least since you even asked me about her.” She said. It was a pendant, not of a known origin; but belonged to the first queen, given to her mother.

“But let me assure you of this, most of us keep to our word and are loyal to it, the one who gave it away died in the war I’ll tell you that, but I give my word not to tell a soul.” She said sitting herself in one of the chairs again. She had suspected as much somehow, when she began feeling comfortable around him, she was never comfortable around demons so it just seemed odd to her. But now everything seemed a lot clearer. Utopians had a tendacy to pick up one or two things sub-consciously every now adn then.

Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:16 am

Oh Nick had a few more secrets that he wished he could tell her about, but that would have to wait. He reached over and took hold of her collar. He released the lock on it and pulled it from her neck. "I thnk that will be a bit more comfort able." he then turned to Seth and placed a hand on his shoulder. He thanked him and the old demon got up and left. "There is still many years before the King dies and alot of to do to secure the backing of many of the Demon Lords. With out their support, my reign might be very short."

He went to his wall safe and opened it, then he put the pendent in to it and closed it and locked it. He looked up at Seclusion and then walked over to her. "Now that you know my secret......" he again reached over and caressed her face. "What do you think." He still had her as his slave, the only way he really could keep her close to him at the moment. About that time Deadly, Crimson and Soul Weaver came into the room. Crimson cocked his head to one side as he stared at the two. Soul Weaver russled her leathery wings.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:30 am

She froze when he grabbed her collar and released the lock on it. Once it was off her neck she rubbed her hand over the seal there, something she had had for many years, since before the war. It was there for a reason. She rubbed her neck a little more; it had been sometime since it no longer had a collar or chains around it. “Tell me something I don’t know” she said her arms once more crossing over her chest. She listened to him “What do you, what do I think?” she said leaning back into his hand as he caressed her cheek again, but this time kissed his fingers gently turning her head a little as well but her gaze didn’t seem to leave him completely. She moved one of her hands, as if curious she her fingertips over the hand he had on her cheek, tangling her fingers a little with his briefly.
Deadly raised an eyebrow and cocked her head to one side, wondering what on earth had happened between the two of them, Seclusion was treating him a little differently compared to before, she was tempted to talk but waited to see what was happening.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:51 am

Nick took her hand and brought it to his lips and kissed it, and held on to it. He then drew her closer and again looked down into her eyes. "You know you are still my slave." he said in a humorous voice. He moved his other hand up to her other cheek. Now it was completely different then a day or so before. "I think that we should start all over, since we got started on the wrong foot so to speak." he grinned. He was still half demon, but he hoped that would not be a barrier. It had not been one for his father and the utopian queen Shafon.

It was Crimson that interupted the moment by giving Deadly a nudge. "Well now this is something I bet you didn't expect." That made Nick look over and frown at Crimson, Deadly and Soul Weaver. He then shook his head slightly and moved his hand from her face down about her waist to pull her closer. "You think a demon like me could win the heart of a utopian?" he asked her

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:03 am

She raised an eyebrow as he kissed her hand and drew her closer looking down a little; before she raised her head and looked him up in the eyes as well frowning at him when he brought up the slave thing. “You do know I bite, right?” she said crossing her arms back over her chest. She picked up what he was thinking about and sighed “Seems your right, maybe…” she said before she turned to Deadly her head falling back a little and Deadly chuckled at what she next saw and heard.

Seclusion wriggled a little not used to having an arm around her waist and looked up to him turning away, a little red. Deadly laughed and nudged Crimson wondering if he had picked up the same thing she had from Seclusion. “Maybe, it depends on which one though” she muttered “and why would you say such a thing?” she asked looking up a little curiously at him.

She rustled her wings a little as she was pulled closer to him, she really wasn’t used to such treatment. Such things as love, she never had time for it, not during such hard times
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:24 am

At the castle of the Demon King in the capital of their empire, the old king sat there and listened to the Demon Lords complain. "The Neutral lands are filled with presious minerals that we need and could use to bolster our defenses. Why did you let that young welp be your voice at the treaty meetings. You should have sent one of us and we would have brokered a better deal!" One of the Lords called out to the King. Others voiced the same question to him.

The King stood and looked at the Lords, and they quieted down. "He did what he did to give us time to recover from the war. Or would you rather have the Angelics at our door steps where one side or the other will be rubbed the wrong way and start another war, ONE THAT WE ARE ILL READY TO BE INVOLVED IN!" He looked at the one that had spoken. That buffer zone gives us time to build and lick our wounds. Those lands will still be there when we are ready."

One of the Demon Lords turned to another. "Why is he so intrested in that whelp. He has over seen his advancement in the ranks throughout the war and made him a Lord after it. Yes he commanded well and won many victories, but so did others."

The other Demon Lord shugged his shoulders. "Perhaps he sees great things for this one, remember how he favored you during the war and now look at you. Three cities under your rule along with many towns and villages. He has seen to it that you have nothing to want."

The First one growled a bit and nodded. "Aye that he has and that is why I support him. But me thinks some of the other Lords feel that this young Lord should be put in his place. Have you heard what he has done."

"You mean finding and appointing a Utopian to a position of authority?" the second Lord chuckled. "Oh yes and I think it is a brillent move."

"How so?" the other asked.

"If there are others that survived they will see this and come join his ranks. Had there had been as many of them as us, we would have been the ones near extinction. They were as good as five of our best at any time and the Angelics. He has done what the King could not do. He has gotten them to side with us."

Nick moved his hand up and down her back softly as he turned her head to look at him again. "Well there is only one here that I know of." he told her. At her other question, "Why would I say such a thing. I think you know the answer to that."

Crimson chuckled and turned to leave the room. "I think we had best leave them alone, and he looked at Deadly with a wolfish grin."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 am

Seclusion blushed a little and moved slightly as he hand moved up and don her back softly freezing a little. She saw Deadly, Crimson and Soul all leaving and looked up to him, she soon just gave in and giving him a small smile she turned and face him a little. “Shesh, you are clueless, hard to believe you’re even what you say you are” she said laughing and kissed him softly. A delicate kiss, much unlike her at most times. She pulled back and looked to him still a little flushed, tucking bits of hair back behind her ear, away from her mesmerizing mismatched eyes.

Draco had sent one of the Utopians as a spy; they were well trained and came back with news. He laughed “Well, too bad huh? Should’ve gained my sisters trust the idiots.” To them Seclusion, their general was someone they’d follow to their death, for she was one that wouldn’t bow down to anyone and had a few goes at both the demon and angel king, so they respected her, btu there were plenty of other reasons as well aprt from shouting at the second queen and calling her a disgrace in front of the king. “Anyway, hopefully there are more, I think he would make a decent king at the very least for now,I'llleave tha tup to Seclusion though ” He smirked a little. He kept an eye on the boarders, that day another surviour came, badly wounded but none the less alive. "Kana!" he shouted. the Elder began to treat him. "I heard you were here, Draco." The young Utopian looked up. "We'll get you sorted out first..." he said moving him to a safer place for treatment, fixing up the deep wounds with stitches and making sure any of the lower demons didn't dare go near the place. Utopians fought for each other, to protect one another which was why they were so feirce, they always had something to protect.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:22 am

Well perhaps he was clueless at that point. Though he had women in his life, mainly human slaves. The kiss sent shivers through his body. When she pulled back a bit and looked at him, he smiled and pulled her back and gently kissed her lips but for a longer time, and then slipping his toung past her lips found hers and dueled with it. His heart began to beat faster as he held her against him, When he broke the kiss he eased his hold on her and took a deep breath.

As they had been talking and finally begining to get to know each other word was sent by carrier piegon to Nick about the arrival of another Utopian in the village controled by Draco. When the message did arrive it was immediately brought to Nick. He read it and handed it to Seclusion. "There will be others." he told her, "Many are out there in the Angelic and human lands I think that will flock to the village. He wondered if she even had heard his comment about the Heart not being Dead. But that was not the only message that came. He was called to Court at the Kings Castle.

"I am summoned to Court. He looked at Seclusion. "Will you join me there." He wanted to see his father's face when he brought her there. His father knew now that he knew his heritage. But neither could acknowledge it at the moment.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:38 am

She looked rather shocked when he pulled her back and kissed her gently, almost biting down on his tongue at first but stopped herself, smiling a little and played with his tongue. She was bright red by the time he broke the kiss, her heart was racing like mad and looked away to hide her red face. She turned her gaze and smiled at the message “Seems so, but it is only natural, seems he came badly injured, Kana will be fixing him up” she said softly as though she was drifting off a little. “And it’s natural, with Draco in such a position, it’ll appear as a sanctuary to us. Plus I know there are more, not many, a small group at the most, but your right that they will flock there” she said, she had heard his comment about the heart, Maybe it moved it's location, I wonder where though
“I might as well, sounds like such an interesting place and he will most likely have a shocked face as well, now how could I miss that. Give me a story to tell Kana and Samuel” she smiled a little.

Kana fixed him up and Draco came in “Are there any others?” he groaned sitting up “Not many, how is everyone else that you’ve found? I’m also guessing that sister of yours is alive.” He chuckled “Of course she is, Deadly is with her as usual, but we are all fine, the lower demons aren’t very happy about it though so we have to both compromise, we need to accommodate the rest, better to stay in a group.”

Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:07 am

Out in the lands of the humans, in the mountains, dense forests, and deserts word began to spread of Utopians being given sanctuary by a Demon Lord. The humans used riders and other means to communicate. Though the Utopians had to fight both Angelic and Demon forces, the humans had not been involved. But the appearance of Utopians at the Village called Crossroads had their leaders worried. It boarded their lands and many wondered if the Demons were building up a force there.

In spreading the word about the Utopians that had taken refuge in the out of the way places such as mountains, dense forests and deserts began receiving the news. Some wondered if this was a trap but hearing that one of their own was given command of the Demon garrison made them courious and want to go there.

The humans sent representatives to the the village to see what was happening and why once an enemy to the demons would the Utopians join them now. Deep within the lands of the humans military forces were begining to gather This would be a true test for Draco to see how his foreign relations ability would do.

Nick waited a couple of days and then flew down south into the Demon Lands with Crimson strapped to h is leg. He was glad that Seclusion had decided to go with him. When they landed they were escorted to chambers within the Castle. Here slaves were made available, clothing and food. "The Court convenes in an hour my Lord." a guard told him."

Nick nodded and changed into more regal atire and leather armor. For Seclusio she had her choice of what to wear. "I have had a feeling you do not like dresses, though they enhance your beauty."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:22 am

Draco caught sight of the humans and sighed “What is you want here?” he asked simply looking to the humans, “I know what you are so don’t hide” he crossed his arms and waited in silence. “And no we are not gathering forces, we are rebuilding ourselves, our city is lost and offered shelter wouldn’t you take it?” he asked the representatives. “Plus if I remember correctly you were all arguing over our land as well, so is it not our right to find somewhere to stay while we rebuild our city, there are children after all”

Seclusion had rested Deadly on her back as a scythe before they took off easily taking the weight of the scythe. When they landed Deadly jumped from her back and shook off, while she rustled her wings. She turned to him “Aren’t exactly the best thing to fly in, not like you would know” she said “and I don’t mind them, but short dresses, like the one I was given at your castle, just don’t appeal to me” she said and changed, she changed into another dress since she felt it would be more appropriate but it was longer, stopping just below her knees, and was a deep bluecolour, with a low cut she felt comfortable with, it suited her much better than the other one. She tucked bits of her hair back, folding her now midngiht blue wings neatly on her back.

"Well, what do you think?" she asked still tucking a stray bit of hair back.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:42 am

The human representatives took in what Draco said. "We can understand you wishing to rebuild your people, as you know we have had no quarel with your kind. But you have come to serve a Demon Lord. Why would some one that fought your kind in the war offer you sanctuary and protection. We have heard about your skills as warriors. How can we be assured that you are not the vangard of an invasion?"

Nick looked her up and down and moved up close to her. Caressing her cheek and moving his fingers down her neck. "Magnificent." he told her. "Remember now, to have you here with me, I must refer to you as my slave. You must act accordingly. The Demon Lords here will not tollerate ..... shall we say how you acted when I purchased you." They could and probably would ask for her immediate execution. That he didn't want to happen. He was going to face a very hostel court. Some of the more powerful Lords he knew did not like him and would love to see him fall.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 am

“We might serve him btu not as soldiers, we are only to keep the land together, that's all. We do not know but it is better than living where we were and we cannot fight, our soldiers are wounded and we do not even have the equipment to fight, we were not provided with such by the demon lord in these lands” he said showing his hands empty. “Also our so called best were killed off; we have no king or queen to lead us either and we do not live for war, we have the skill yes but we’d rather live in peace, really think we’d let ourselves be the vanguard of an invasion?”

She listened and closed her eyes nodded “Understandably, Lord Nickodemus” she said smirking a little, this was probably the only time she'd ever call him that, leaning a little into his touch again and once more kissed his fingers before he moved them down her neck. Deadly looked to her, knowing she could have a high level of tolerance and if she got too annoyed could make up an excuse to get away from unfavourable situations. She straightened her hair out a little, this was going to be a test for her, she knew that. Some demons did get on her nerves and even Deadly knew that. “Should Deadly come with me?” she asked

She the turned a little "But let me say this, your not going to be called 'lord' by me when we get back" she whispered to him leaning forward a little and looked up to him, a smirk dancing on her lips. This was most likely the onyl time in which she'd listen to orders as well.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:28 am

The human representatives were still not fully convinced. "What of the demon soldiers you command?" They asked. "As we have heard it, you are their commander now and they have the weapons and training for war. We do not wish for more war. We have suffered enough. And what if more of your people come here? I am sure there are those out there that are warriors. Can you guarentee that you are not being brought here to attack us? Your word Utopian, do we have your word on this?"

Nick grinned at her calling him Lord Nicodemus. It fell from her lips so nicely and respectfully. But he knew that she would not use his formal title unless there were other Lords about that would need to hear her call him that. When asked if she should leave Deadly behind he shook his head. "Let them wonder why I let you keep such a weapon. Let them wonder why you have not used it against me. It will make them uneasy and that can be a good thing." Now properly dressed he lead the way to the throne room where the other Lords were assembling.

As they entered a sudden hush fell over the room. They all saw Deadly in her weapon form in the hands of a slave. Murmuring began among the Lords. He looked around and nodded to his supporters as he moved towards his throne along one of the walls. At the front of the Throne room on a larger Throne sat the Old King. He watched as Nick entered and moved with Seclusion to the throne assigned to him, raising a brow. Nick could see the disgust and hate in the eyes of his foes on the council when they looked upon Seclusion and a bit of fear.

One of his foes at court stood up and demanded. "What is this? Why is this Slave armed and armed with a Demon Soul Weapon?' the Lord sounded indignent which made him smile.

Nick stood up and looked at the Lords. "She has given me her word that she will not use the weapon against me or those I call friend." he looked at the Demon Lord that had spoke. "The Weapon is hers, it was cast aside some time ago, broken and she had it reforeged and now it belongs to her as many of the Souled weapons here belong to us. You know what it is like to try and part with such a weapon. Her word is her bond, her honor and a Utopian does not give such lightly or break it when it is given."

More murmuring from the ranks and then the same one called out. "What of these Utopians you have given refuage to. You have given one command over demon soldiers!"

"What better way to secure their service and alligence. They have proved to be a formable foe, why not now as a powerful ally? Was it not once we wished their alliegance? Now we have it. Any and all that come to my domain will receive my protection as long as they swear their alligence to me." He knew that would get the Lord going as well. He looked at Seclusion.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:44 am

“Exactly, they are under my command, so if I do not wish to fight, they will not attack and don’t you think we have as well, our numbers have dwindled to the point that we are not even fit enough to be called an army any longer, we want to lick our wounds as much as you so do not worry for war, for if it starts it will not be us that start it, we’ll only get dragged in like last time, on that I can give my word. However, you attack us and you have broken your part, neither of us are fit to fight now, let the world recover at the very least.”

She rested Deadly on her back finding it easier to carry her that way, both of them remained in silence, she walked behind him at a respectful distance, her head hung slightly as she followed him to the throne he had been appointed. She noticed the reaction of the old king but still she did not speak a word, she sensed disgust and hatred within the room and her head fell back slightly in curiosity Deadly giving her a subtle tap she moved her head back.

She listened to everything going on, seems some of them weren’t exactly happy; she gave a light smirk hearing his reply. Well seems he did listen and he also seems rather prepared for it as well.
Listening once more she heard the next question about why he had given the other refuge and authority, Deadly rested on her back still the silver blades whispering slightly to her as if translating bits of it. She noticed him looking to her and spoke. “Is there anything you require, Lord Nickodemus?” she asked him in a soft, respectful voice.

She hated acting as a slave, but it was necessary, it just went against her nature a bit which was why she hated it. She waited in silence for his reply, not repeating the question like she usually would or losing her patience, instead she just waited.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Her question to him could not have been at a better time. He looked at her and smiled, as the king leaned forward on his throne, raising a brow and asking, "Can this be the same General Seclusion that almost killed me." he rubbed his chest where she had wounded him. At the mention of her name, the entire room fell silent. Many knew of her and some had battled the troops she had led. She had been a force to contend with. "One that can tame such as her is extrodinary." There were murmurs of agreement.

But the one that had began questioning him continued on. "What does it matter if he has tamed the bitch. They are the enemy and should be hunted down and killed." He made a critical mistake. He placed his hand on his sword.

"So you challange my right to give them sanctuary and be placed under my protection as it is my right to do. He looked at the Lord with a stare that said much. "You there fore challange me. For is it not the law that I have the right to give my protection to who ever I see fit to?" he looked around at the assemblage as he stood up and walked out into the middle of the floor. There were several agreements to his claim.

He drew Crimson and pointed at the Demon Lord's hand. "You dare to lay your hand on your sword and say that the Utopians should be killed after I have given them my protection?"

The King rose from his throne. "Lord Kronos, you have by your words and actions challanged Lord Nickodemus." he looked about the assemblage. Lord Kronos' eyes went wide and he looked shocked. "You will now face Lord Nickodemus in a duel to the Death!"

The entire assemblage pounded their fists on the armrests of their thrones, and cried out, "To the Death!" Nick just smiled and looked over at Seclusion. Kronos' domain included two cities five large towns and a number of villages. He had dense forests, and rich farm lands. He hadcoveted Nicks domain because of the gold mines he had and was trying to find reasons to make Nick fall from grace with the King.

Kronos now had no recourse but to meet Nick on the floor of the throne room in battle. He snarled and stepped down onto the floor drawing his soul bound blade. He was older then Nick, biger as well, but Nick figured he could take him.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Deadly turned back into a scythe and Seclusion perched herself on the edge of the top blade her feet hanging above the edge of the bottom blade, her feet crossed at the ankles. She rested her face in one of her palms propped up on her knees, the other arm resting over her lap with her hand hanging limp beside the top of her thigh as she listened to what was happening a small smirk dancing on her lips. So they remembered her, which was something. However, she was not a beast that was to be tamed; she was just very good at deceiving their eyes, so she would keep acting so tame.

She gave a light snarl as did Deadly when one of the demons threatened the remaining people of her race, that was something she would not stand for. But she closed her eyes and just remained in silence. If I remember correctly, My race is still alive after being outnumbered after such a war against the three other races, we fought alone against all, including you, does that not prove that our alliance can be valuable, once we have recovered and does that not also mean that we have earned our protection? Minus the fact we have given our word of loyalty. She thought. She was so tempted to speak her word, but though it not best in such a situation.

Seclusion just watched in silence, the old habit of sitting on Deadly’s top blade remained with her, she heard the whole think her eyes still closed jumping a little at the shouts. So they still fight amongst themselves? she thought and saw him looking over to her again. “Anything you require beforehand, Lord Nickodemus?” she asked once more acting as tame as when she had walked in with him, she even moved from sitting on her blade.

Her eyes locked onto Kronos’ soul and picked up his previous intentions hmm interesting, he just wants him to fall, couldn’t wait to meet him here and fight on the throne’s floor, in front of the old king she thought

When everything had started she sat back on Deadly keen eyes watching every move talking in her ancient language to Deadly who responded with light notes. She had to be careful though and she knew it, moving her hand she tucked a bit of black hair from her face once more. Her wings rustled careful not the let them change their forms, she knew that would give her away.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Kronos snarled at Nic and took up an attack position. Nick just smiled and took a defensive position. He waited for Kronos to make his attack. He didn't have to wait long. Kronos thought to overpower Nick with a brutal attack but Nick nimbly side stepped him deflecting his sword with ease. Again Kronos attacked trying to use his size and strength to smash Nick. Each time Nick ducked, turned or side steped the attack. He knew better then to try to go blow for blow with Kronos.

Nick moved Crimson before him in a weaving pattern as he began to circle Kronos. Kronos turned and swung his blade and Crimson easily deflected it as sparks flew from the blades. Nick grinned as the swords again and again clashed, the ringing of steel filling the room. Nick could see that the older demon was begining to tire. He had not fought a battle in some time. Most feared him since he was once considered a great warrior and didn't want to challange him. Nick kept him moving and trying to attack him as he looked for his opportunity.

Finally it came. He saw Kronos breathing hard and he made his move. He began making his attacks. A fury of sword play and Crimson flicked in to draw first blood, a deep cut to Kronos' side. He stepped back to get away from Nick, but Nick pressed the attack, making Kronos defend himself. But he had slowed and now missed a block and Crimson again drew blood. This repeated it self again and again as Kronos retreated from Nick's attacks. Fear filled Kronos' eyes. A few minutes later he failed to block another strike from Nick's blade and it was a fatal mistake. Crimson burried itself deep into Kronos' chest, his eyes going wide as he dropped his sword. Yanking Crimson from his chest, Kronos fell to his knees, looking up at Nick, before falling forward to the floor dead.

Nick walked over to the body and cleaned the blood from Crimson on Kronos' clothes and Crimson sucked the soul from Kronos. He then turned to the King. "I claim by right of combat all that Lord Kronos controled or owned."

The King sat back down after watching the duel and looked over at the other Lords. "Is there any that Challange Nickodemus' claim." Nick looked at them all, looking to see if there was any that would now dare challange him. No one said a word. "By right of combat, you have won the right to claim all that Kornos' possessed. Land, slaves, and wealth. So let it be written!"

With that he returned to his throne and Seclusion. With that the King concluded the court and the other Lords began to filter out. Nicks supporters approached and congradulated him on his duel and new position. He said a few words to them and then took Seclusion by the arm and lead her out. "You were magnificent." he told her. She had restrained herself and had said just enough to help him in his bid for power. Once back in their quarters he leaned his back against the door and took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

He smiled at Seclusion as he moved to her and put his arms about her. "One more step closer." he whispered. "It might be a fast promotion for Drako, but do you think he would be a good govenor of a city?"

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Seclusion followed the movements swiftly, with expert eyes she picked out the tactics, their strengths and weaknesses, but also the ability of the weapons. This appeared to be a rarely seen battle. She sat perched neatly on Deadly in silence. But it wasn’t long until she felt fear in Lord Kronos. Pick your fights carefully, even I know that you old fool she thought. His tactic was one she had used a few times, it had worked very well for her and Deadly in the past, an old tactic but very effective against any enemy, if you had the right attributes.

When it ended she watched and her gaze followed him as he returned back to his throne, she was glad he was the one still breathing for many reasons. She ruffled her wings a little giving a sigh of relief but kept it hushed. She shook her head and looked to him briefly before she stood up and rested Deadly on her back before she lead out.

When they got back in their quarters she stretched her wings out, “Thank you” she said “Seemed the old king even remembered me” she laughed and looked to him as he put his arms around her. “I’m sure he’ll do fine, his my brother after all” she said smiling a little and looped her arms around his neck loosely. Deadly was still a little shocked and then just found somewhere else to go curl up and rest. “I wanted to rip his head off when he said that” she said giving a slight frown as she thought back. “Also why was he so desperate to fight you in front of the king on the throne’s battlegrounds?” she asked just curious as she looked up at him. “Surely there are more important things than that, also if it was too the death doesn’t that decrease their numbers?" she asked and gave him a light kiss still rather relieved he was still breathing despite the fact even the utopains had heard of him within their ranks, as had the humans and angelics. "You hurt?" she asked.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:22 pm

"Oh he wasn't there to challange me. He wanted to bring a majority of the Lords on line with him and try to force to King to desolve my position as a Lord. He has always had a hatred of your race and he made a big mistake when he made his outburst and placed a hand on his sword. I don't think he really realized what he had done. By doing that he more or less put out a challange. I forced the issue though. And yes it is not done often because it does decrease the ranks of the Demon Lords. One must pick his battles with care.

Crimson now transformed and loped off after Deadly. The two were getting along better now it seemed. At least they were not at each other's throats and were talking.

"Upon our return back to my castle we will send for your brother and the others there. I must also select someone for the governor ship of the other city that now belongs to me. But this one must be one of my Demon Captains. He already had one in mind for it. He had heard the report of him and his thoughts. He was a good commander and a loyal one, even though he wanted war. He would have to learn that war was not everything and learn to deal with the Utopians. "He will have a castle there and plenty of room for your people as they show up."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:30 am

She listened to what he said before moving her arms to go get herself a drink, getting rather thirsty, She looked as Crimson loped off after Deadly and raised an eyebrow “At least they aren’t trying to rip each other’s throats out” she said “and surely everyone knows to pick their battle with care, even I know that, shesh” she said ruffling her hair and stretching her wings out, she hated keeping them folded for so long.

She turned leaning against the wall with a drink she had just found after wondering the room, “hmmm, well that’ll be something, we don’t usually live in castles, hence why out city is so far out in the wilderness and at the foot of a mountain, but it’ll be something Samuel can run around exploring, hopefully he won’t annoy them too much” she laughed before taking a sip form her drink.
Samuel had been born during the war, near the end so was still very young, she hoped the young couple would’ve taken him in, that way he’d have a family, his parents were long gone and she knew it, their corpses burned and their souls returned to their resting place.

“How long are we here for anyway? I heard that sometimes they last for days” she asked him beginning to groom her wings again; she really was very picky about keeping them clean, partly because she knew the consequences. “You have no idea how lucky you are not to have so many feathers, everything just gets caught in them” she said, She let her slender fingers run through her feathers carefully picking out bits of leaves, twigs and even just sorting out a few mangled feathers which had been battered a bit in flight. Her eyes following her hands briefly before she let her gaze change to look at him and then outside to see what it was like.
Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 am

She was not one to stand still for long. He could see that by her moving about and preening her wings. "We are here for a couple of days. My duel more or less put a stop to the functions of the day. The rest of the time will be in boring negotiations on various matters. The stuff that I hate to do here." He rummaged through the bottles on a table and found what he was looking for and poured himself a glass full of the stuff.

"Now if you get hungry...." he grinned. "Crimson has the nice fat soul of Kronos. Hope it doesn't give you indigestion." he grinned. "As for what you can do? Well The King knows your here, as do the Demon Lords. To them you are my slave and will not touch you unless you do something really bad. If you see guards before doors, that means don't enter, but the rest of the castle is up for exploration. I know the King has an extensive library here. Books from the humans, Angelics and I think some of your peoples as well. I guess he figures the more you know of your enemies the better prepared you are. Reading these books would help to understand how the other races think." He drank some of his drink. "If you decided to go flying, not to far please. The demons in the city will not know about you until probably tonight. They might think you are fair game to try and shoot down."

He moved up to her and touched her nose with a finger. "I don't want to lose you to someone thinking he is doing his duty."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose for the Hunter Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:03 am

“I ate a few days ago, I’ll be good until next month at the least” she said looking at the grin on his face she raised an eyebrow. “It’s bitter…” she said simply “And surely you figure out even if they dared that they’d lose a finger or two to either me or Deadly” she smirked finishing her drink with a final sip. “They probably won’t have much on my race, we were never close to any of the races, preferred to keep to ourselves so I’ll be sure to check it out later on, see if can match up to Elder Kana’s stories. Also I can pick that up very well, I can see their very souls and read them, how on earth do you think we even survived such a war” she laughed.

After she finished preening her wings she pushed herself off the wall, “and I know, best not get myself killed then” she half joked and looked to him a she touch her nose before moving a little and nipping his finger “and who do you take me for, I won’t get myself harmed that easily, I’m not made of glass” she laughed.

Later on she thought a little to herself, “I’m going to see if I can find something in the library” she said before she walked out decided to head to the library. Deadly jumped up wondering if she should follow, before she trotted on behind her, she remembered what she was told and soon found out where the old library was flicking through the book with the she-wolf on guard giving a slight growl to a guard that got far too close for either of their liking.

She picked out certain pages, old Utopians legends she liked to read and listen to if they were told correctly. She didn’t feel much like exploring probably figure out where everything was through reading a few souls. She leaned her back against one of the arms rests her legs hanging over the other one cross at the ankles with her wings wrapped around her like a blanket. She looked up and waited for the guard to speak. “What are you doing here?”
“I was told I could do what I liked for a little while, so I might as well learn a little about this place” she said giving a sweet smile to the guard before she went back to reading. He grunted and walked off, he didn’t seem very happy with her being there, seems he still held a grudge against her race like many of them still did,she stayed there for quite sometime just learning a bit mroe about how they thought her eyes flicking to the demons guards reading through them in order to learn as well.

Rose for the Hunter
Rose for the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next