The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A lonley Cutter (OPEN FOR ANYONE)

2 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

A lonley Cutter (OPEN FOR ANYONE) - Page 26 Empty Re: A lonley Cutter (OPEN FOR ANYONE)

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Alex shook his head. "It is to dangerous. Not only for you but for those that are going." he said softly. "We all have to foucus on what we need to do out there. I...... I would not be able to think right with you there and in danger." he brought a hand up to her face. "I don't know what I would do if something happened to you because I couldn't protect you." That was his worst fear, something happening to her because he could not or was not able to protect her. It would be like before. He knew now that he could not save everyone that had died on his first time there, but he had felt responsible for their deaths. He could not be everywhere. "Stay here. I will know you are safe and that means everything to me. It will help me do my job and my men to do theirs."

He looked up at the Staff Sergeant, the squad leader of Dustin's Platoon. He could see the look in his eyes. He was wanting to go in and get Dustin as well. Him and his squad probably had searched and questioned people everywhere, and were itching to take on those that took Dustin. Before he could say anything about going also. "Take care of Dani here. No sence in getting more in trouble then needed." He could see that he was about to protest. "Dustin would want you to look after his sister and keep her safe."

Looking back at Dani. "This is what I am going to be doing here. This is what our fathers did. I know it seems that it is not fair, but you mean everything to me and I can not let you go out there with us. Being here, in Iraq, even in the Battalion area is dangerous." He pulled her to him and in front of every one there kissed her deeply. He whispered to her as he broke the kiss, "I will be back, and with Dustin. Please stay here and be safe. I would surely lose it if anything happened to you." He hated to let go of her, but he had to get back to his men and get going. He took the boy, Abrem, by the arm and lead him back out of the tent towards the two HUMMVE's.

Randy and the others were already packing them up with extra ammo, water, MRE's and a couple extra weapons they got from the Arms Room. "Lets get going." he told them and placed Abrem in the back seat of one of the vehicles and went around to get in to the front passenger seat. Everyone loaded up in the two vehicles and they were off heading back to Bagdad.

In the Battalion Area there was a reporter with his camera man. They were there trying to get the feel of the men about Dustin's predicament. The Reporter was an expeienced one that knew something was up when he saw Alex's men gathering more ammor and supplies then would be needed for a routine patrol. He had spotted Dani with Alex and the Iraqie boy. "Get the vehicle, I smell a story and a half here." he told his camera man. "Make sure you have the live feed camera loaded up." So when Alex and his squad took off the two men followed at a discret distance. The reporter took out his cell phone and called his network. "I think I have discovered a rescue mission for the missing American soldier. His sister is here, find out all you can on how she got here. I'll be brocasting live as soon as I find out more."

Alex and his squad entered Bagdad and began following the directions from Abrem. It was still early afternoon when they arrived at their destination.

Back to top Go down

A lonley Cutter (OPEN FOR ANYONE) - Page 26 Empty Re: A lonley Cutter (OPEN FOR ANYONE)

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:44 pm

The tears were stinging Dani’s eyes. She wanted to get her brother so badly. But Alex had reminded her of something, her going, her even being here put the others in danger. In her zeal to get her brother back she had forgotten how it would affect Alex. She was riddled with guilt now. She knew that he had a rough time the first time and that he felt guilty that he wasn’t able to save them all. She felt for him, it would be hard for him having her here She nodded he was right of course she was just too upset to think straight. She sniffled away the tears and spoke softly “Okay Alex I will stay here” She smiled “I love you and I don’t want you to be worried about me”

As Dustin’s group came up Dani watched them as they approached and looked from her to Alex. She could tell that they wanted to go too but Alex told them to stay behind with her, she wondered if Alex did this for them just as much as her, she knew that if she had a gun and had a chance to kill the people that possibly killed her brother she would more then likely kill them and she wasn’t even trained to kill. She felt for them, but maybe this was good. She had been told at the VA that she had a gift to help people talk to her, some that hadn’t even talked to their own family about what was trapped inside of their mind.

As he turned to her again and explained she nodded. She prayed that this would end differently then both of their fathers. She didn’t want another flag given to her. She wanted to grow old with Alex, and for Dustin to grow old with Debbie. When he kissed her passionately her face went beat red with embarrassment but she liked it. Liked how even in front of his men he showed his passion for her. Her lips were red and swollen as she nodded to his whisper “I will stay here my love and please come back safe” She swallowed hard. And kissed his neck softly again and held him tight, barely thinking about the ones around her and how they were reacting.

She watched him load up the humvee her heart was racing, could this be the last time that she saw him? She shook her head she couldn’t think about that. She watched as he drove off then sighed and went back into the tent.

She looked around to the men and sighed smiling trying to show them that she was sorry that they were left behind. She rubbed her painful arms; she had numerous small band-aids on from all the shots that she had just received. They were all visible and in clear view for all the guys to see if they even looked at her.

She sat down and turned to them “Well I guess you know I am Dustin’s sister” She nodded. “Younger by a little bit” She was really trying to make small talk but she felt as if they felt she was the reason they were left behind and therefore left out of some revenge. She sat down on the seat and licked her lips again. She was hot and thirsty and she knew that she should drink to keep hydrated but wasn’t sure what the procedure on getting water was and she didn’t want to trouble them.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Female Number of posts : 8803
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.anysoldier.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:16 pm

The staff sergeant walked over to a table that held chilled bottled water and brought a couple over and handed them to Dani. "Your brother is a good man. He has made alot of friends since his arrival in the company. You just relax and me and the boys here will keep you company and these horny dogs away from you." he smiled. His squad was off duty for the moment so they could stay and talk with her. Two hours past and the squad made small talk and tried to get Dani to talk about home. They saw the ring on her finger and grinned. There were other women there, female soldiers that belonged to the Battalion Support Unit, mainly Communications, and maintanenance. Some one finally turned on the TV and the news was on. "Just a moment." came the anchormans voice and picture, "We have some breaking news from our correspondant Jeff Bridges in Iraq. We have a live feed. Jeff, Jeff are you there."

The Screen was suddenly filled with a sceen straight out of a movie. Soldiers were firing at insurgents as they poured out of a couple of buildings and the soldiers leap froged back covering one another as they tried to back away from the on coming enemy.

A little bit before the fire fight began: Parking their vehicles in a secure and out of the way spot they proceeded on foot. Unknown to them they had been followed by a reporter and his cameraman. Troops had been withdrawn from the city to allow the Iraqi security forces to take over patrolling and policing. But the army still made patrols as well. What Alex and his squad were doing was not quite sanctioned by higher headquarters. The reporter smelled a story and wanted to get it broadcasted back to his affiliated network. His camera man carried a satellite feed so that they could film and send live pictures back.

Alex and his squad moved slowly up the street, taking advantage of the the deep shadows. He held the pistol grip of his weapon and the forward hand guard, his eyes scanning the street and roof tops. His face was stripped with black cammo. He wore no helmet, nor did any of the other's in the squad. They were loaded down with ammo and a couple extra weapons each. Their destination was a building at the end of the street. From what his Sunni friend had told him, the radicals had Dustin and several Shiites held there.

They made it to the end of the street and saw a couple men pacing back and forth with AK47's. Guards that were watching the entrance. Alex pointed to Jim and John then to the two guards and made a cutting motion across his throat. They slung their weapons and tightened them to their bodies and drew their knives. On their bellies they moved silently in the dark shadows and crossed the street. They waited until each man was the furthest from each other and was about to turn before rising from their hiding places, grabbing them about the face, covering their mouths as they brought the knives up quickly and slashed them across their throats, cutting the corrited artery and throat so they could not cry out.

When the two men were eased to the ground, their blood pooling about them, Alex and the others joined Jim and John. Alex eased the door open and peeked in. The hall way was dimly lit and no one in sight. But he could hear voices coming from down the hallway. Opening the door more, he eased himself in and staying in a crouching position moved slowly down the hallway with the others falling in on either side of the hallway. They came to a door on the right and everyone stopped. He put his ear to the door and heard nothing, turning the door knob he opened it slowly, staying low. The room was empty. They moved to the next one and found the same. Finally they came to the end of the hallway and a door there. From the room beyond they could hear men talking in Iraqi. Pointing to Jim and John again he pointed at the door and then to the right, then he pointed at Randy and Jack and pointed to the left. Kevin and Alex couched low infront of the door. They all nodded and they prepared themselves as Alex slowly turned the door knob and flung the door open.

The room was light well. There were no windows and only another door across the room. There were five insurgents in the room, two sitting at a table and three standing with AK47's held in their hands. On the floor were the civilians and in a corner, bloodied and bruised was Dustin. Alex dove straight in landing on his stomach and firing at the two at the table, the others went for the four standing. The sound of the weapons was deafening and the civilian women and children screamed and cowered together. The men put their arms around their wives and children trying to protect them. It was over in a few seconds. The six men lay dead on the floor, blood pooling around them. Alex got to his feet and went over to Dustin. Dustin opened his eyes and tried to grin. "Come on. Let’s get out of here.” Keven helped Alex get Dustin to his feet and they started back out. That’s when they heard the commotion from the back of the building. It seemed that there were a lot more of the insurgents there.

"Can't let them take these people Alex." Dustin said weakly. "They will kill them all." He reached out and took one of the younger men by the arm, "This is Abram Nigic, the grand son of the Iraqi president. If they find out who he is, you know what will happen." He looked at Alex and Alex nodded.

"Shit." Alex said and then, "Come on all of you. Hurry!" He motioned for them to move towards the way they had come. The door opened and a man appeared there and behind him Alex could see a bunch more coming. He opened up on the man and he fell and he kept firing as his squad got the people going. When the room was clear, Alex pulled the pin on a grenade and tossed it at the open doorway and then moved back firing his weapon to the door the others had exited and shut it. There was a loud explosion as the grenade exploded and the screams of several men.
Things moved fast from there. Getting the people outside and moving towards the vehicles, insurgents coming out of the building and from down the street. The sound of gunfire filled the night air as the squad covered the retreat of Dustin and the civilians.

"This is Jeff Bridges in Iraq. I have discovered a rescue mission for the missing Private Dustin Blodgett." Chunks of the stone and concret above the reporter went flying as bullets tore into the building. The camera man was capturing everything on the live camera feed. The reporter ducked holding a hand over his face. "A squad from the private's battalion has found the missing soldier and it looks as if they have retrieved him and a group of civilians. Insurgents are pouring out of two buildings trying to either kill or capture the squad and the others."

Bullets tore into the buildings, sending chunks of stone and concrete flying everywhere. That is when Alex saw the reporter and his camera man shooting the fire fight. “Damn.” He ran up to them and pushed them both out of the way as a spray of machinegun fire fore up the street and the corner of the building. “You dumb………. He was about to swear a blue streak. “Go. Get your asses moving with the rest of them, unless you want to be taken and tortured?” The camera got a good shot of Alex as he again pushed the two towards the others as they all ran for the vehicles. The Cameraman turned the camera some to capture Dustin and a couple of the civilians helping him down the street,

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Taking the water Dani smiled “Thank you” She opened the bottle and took a big sip it felt good, she felt a little foolish for not taking it herself but she had not seen it and wasn’t sure how things worked. She had to relax though she had a feeling; rather she knew that if she took off in a sprint these men would be able to restrain her. So that was out of the question. She could pace but that would just upset all of the other men. She was nervous but knew that this was the best place for her and she had to relax and maybe help the other men in the group relax.

She took another big drink of the water, her body still not used to the heat yet and sat down and grinned as she was told that they would all keep her company “Well Thank you to you all then” She looked around. “My brother is lucky to have you all in his squad” She laughed at the horny comment she could only guess how horny they all were. She held up the finger with the ring “Well am happily engaged”

The next two hours Dani answered questions right away the guys noticed the dog tags around her neck and Dani took them still on her neck in her hands. “My father was in the service, he was killed on his second tour of duty and my mother left Dustin and I long before it happened” The men all looked at her regretfully. Dani smiled slightly “I took over the family duties” She let out a soft laugh “I even had our school convinced that all was still alright sure they knew our father had died, but not that our mother had left” She shrugged and took another drink of water. “Soon enough it was found out and if it wasn’t for Alex and his mom, I don’t know what would have happened” She looked around. Answering other questions, rumors, she assumed from her brother she chuckled slightly. “Yes I do a lot of work with my local VA” She paused when one asked her if the stories her brother told were true. She blushed in embarrassment “Yes I have been told I have a special touch” She took a drink of water. “There was one Marine in particular, everyone including his family had nearly given up hope of him walking again or even walking” She paused “He had given up hope on himself I came in and treated him no differently but I just worked with him for awhile then one day I got him up out his wheel chair and pushed it away and with me being a small frame I told him that he would have to take a few steps to his chair or we would fall and he would squish me” She paused with a grin “Well he took his few steps, cursing me the entire time” The others let out a woot of laughter and Dani under their urging continued. “Many others I just listened too, sometimes they felt they could talk to me about some things they didn’t want to burden their family with” They all nodded.

When asked how Alex proposed she smiled. “Well it was on Christmas” They all smiled big “I know his old group is surprised that he settled down. Then they all took turns talking about their families and Dani listened, it seemed that they felt comfortable with her, but wondered if it was because she was a civy and they basically had to keep her company, or if it was out of guilt since they felt responsible for Dustin being captured or if they really wanted to be here with her. She really hoped it was the last one, because she could keep herself company, basically just sleep more of the effects of jet lag, and all the shots that she had been given, not to mention the heat.

It was then that the TV was switched on, her attention was brought to that. It was news, but soon she realized that they were switching to Iraq, to where they were. She looked to the men but her entire body was rigid she was fearing the worse. Her hands flew to her mouth when she saw the scene, the Soldiers the firefight her eyes searched the scene for Alex or Dustin, anyone.

She heard the reporter, and her brothers name and she gasped her body shaking beside the men she was no longer around anyone though she was alone the world felt as if it was caving in her breathing was ragged and she was continued to shake and tremble. Where was Alex where was Dustin. She stood unable to stand sitting anymore and she began to pace.

Then she heard Alex’s voice and she looked at the TV she could see Alex pushing the reporter away and the Cameraman “What the fuck are they doing there anyway” She then covered her mouth blushing at her comment. But then she caught a glimpse of Dustin and she sat down “He got my brother, Dustin is okay” She threw her arms around Dustin’s Ssgt then quickly realized that would probably not be a good thing she let go. “Sorry I was just so happy.” She then turned and continued to watch the tv, her shaking had stopped and her breathing had returned to normal.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Once there, Alex knew that there was not enough room for everyone. He began taking out weapons and ammo from the vehicles and a couple of the squad members did the same. “Pack them tightly and get them the hell out of here Dustin!” He ordered. “You are no good for what we have to do, but you can help get these people out of here. We’ll cover you.” Dustin was about to complain, “Dani is here, back at Battaion. waiting back at camp! Go!” He shut the door and the two vehicles roared off down the street, as slowly Alex and his squad backed up taking cover here and there as they retreated down the street, firing only when they saw something and conserving ammo, and carrying the extra ammo and weapons with them.

The reporter and his cameraman had not left but had moved back ahead of the squad, filming everything. "The Squad that rescued the captured soldier and several civilians have now sent all of them in their two vehicles out of the area. They are taking up defensive positions and it seems that they are preparing to cover the escape of the two vehicles." The live feed was being shown not only at the battalion camp but all across the continental United States as other TV News stations picked it up and began replaying the initial scenes.

Soldiers crowded around the TV in the Recreation Tent. As word spread more and more crowed into the tent. Dustin's Squad Leader didn't know how to react when Dani hugged him when she saw her brother and knew Alex had rescued him. But his eyes like the others were now glued on the TV as the reporter and his cameraman continued broadcasting.

Finally they came to a bridge. Ruble was strewn across the road before it. There were burned out trucks, and cars, as well as parts of buildings on either side of the road, that lay strewn around before the bridge. The HUMVEs were just getting passed the rubble and across the bridge. Here Alex ordered his men to take cover. “We have to give them time to get away!” He called out as the insurgents came down the street firing automatic rifles. Alex ducked behind cover as bullets tore chunks of concrete from the piece of wall that now was his cover.

He looked to his left and right at his men. He keyed his mic on his comm. Set. The reporter and his cameraman took cover as well but kept filming. Alex cursed under his breath as he saw them. The two fools would surely get themselves killed. There was a flag pole near him as he looked about and at the bottom of it; half covered in rubble was an American flag. As the insurgents took cover and tried to take out his men, Alex grabbed the rope still strung on the flagpole and hoisted the flag up to its top. A gentle breeze unfurled it and it blew proudly above them. “Alright men…..” Alex moved around the edge of his cover and sent a burst of rounds at the insurgents. “Hold the line!" he yelled. "Let none pass her!” He called out. The others turned and looked and smiled.

The cameraman moved his camera to show the American flag flying high above the soldiers. The reporter was talking, letting all know what was being said and done. “Six American Soldiers have now taken up positions to block the insurgents attempt to go after the civilians that these brave solders rescued from certain death. One has just raised the American flag above their position and has told the others to not let any pass her. I think they mean to make a stand here.” There as a bit of awe in his voice.

Back at the tent, the soldiers all yelled out, "Uh RA!" and raised thier fists in the air. "Damn those guys are from our company." one yelled out. A large group of men pushed themselves forward. "No way. Shit that is Alex Morgan. When the hell did he get back?" There were anxious looks on many of their faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:35 pm

Sitting there on the couch surrounded by all of the men. Dani felt oddly part of them but also alone. They all figured that she was just there to nose around to see how they were doing how the mission was doing and bring back data to the states. She felt as if they saw her as the reporters not really belonging there.. Only the Sgt sitting beside her knew who she really was and she hoped it stayed that way for a while. She didn’t want any special treatment she just wanted to see her brother, and maybe if they allowed her too help any of the guys around here that would need it.

Dani watched the TV watched her brother being led to the waiting humvee and the civilians and Dani was certain that Alex and everyone were going to come back with them. That would make the most sense to her since there would be no way of them getting back if they did not. But then she watched as Alex pulled out the weapons and watched as her brother leave Alex there. She was filled with fear. She was going to see her love die; this was it she swallowed hard fighting back the tears she wanted to be strong for him, he would want her to. She would not lose hope he would come back to her, he would marry her and they would die old together. She continued to look at the TV numbly watching the firefight insure.

As she watched him raise the flag she smiled. Ahh the Old Glory she turned to the others to see their reactions to what was going on. It was getting really stuffy in there and she felt the need to run out but she wouldn’t leave Alex, he needed her right now. She took another big drink of the water bottle. Finishing the first one and holding on to the second one as she kept her eyes on the TV. Hearing what the reporter said…A stand? A stand for what??? She wanted to scream for him to just come back to her to get out of there but she remained silent. She couldn’t take her eyes off of the tv.

She didn’t know whether to hate the reporters for showing her what was happening and putting Alex’s life in danger for Alex would most defiantly risk his life to safe theirs. Or to love them for showing her that her brother was alive and coming back to her, and showing that Alex was still alive. She hoped that the reporters wouldn’t do something stupid that would prevent Alex coming back to her. For she couldn’t watch her fiancé die.

The sounds of the UR RAH were deafening and made her jump slightly but it cheered her up everyone was behind her Alex. She knew that they would be of course but this just confirmed it. As the men pushed forward and asked about Alex Dani’s ears perked up and stood up “Umm we have only been here a few hours. Swallowing hard Dani looked at them “You know Alex?” The Dustin’s Ssgt stood when Dani seemed unable to answer. “Men this here is not just any ordinary civilian yes she is here to check on moral, and to see if we need anything by order of a congressman” Dani was shifting nervously on her feet how would they all react to having Dustin’s sister in country and Alex’s’ fiancé. Swallowing hard Dani looked up at them as the Sgt continued. “This is Dani Blodgett” He nodded. “Yes Dustin’s sister” He then continued “And she is also Alex Morgan Fiancé” Licking her lips Dani looked at them all but kept on eye on the TV
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:54 am

The soldiers from Alex's company all turned and looked at the Staff Sargent and then at Dani. They all seemed to stand straighter as they looked at her. "An honor mam." one that had spoken earlier said. Every man there knew Alex or of him, from his last tour of duty with them. Not many knew Dustin but they knew he was probably a prisoner of the Insurgents. Not many civilian women were there. They couple that was there, were reporters and the men had to conceed that they had guts to go where the action was or where there was danger. For Dani to be there in the mist of all that was going on, especially now, they looked on her with respect.

The insurgents moved forward, moving from cover to cover and Alex and his mean fired back taking down some of them. Suddenly a RPG came flying in and Alex ducked for cover as it exploded near by, sending a shower of ruble into the air and a cloud of dust as it exploded. Bits of rock, concrete and metal flew everywhere, bouncing off their cover. Luckily no one was hit by shrapnel or derbies. There were a number of insurgents. Alex wondered where they had all come from. As a group of them pressed forward towards, Johnson’s position, Alex broke cover and ran towards Johnson to give him some help. Bullets ripped up the street all around Alex as he ran and made it to Johnson before another RPG slammed into the building behind them exploding. Alex leaped up and fired, taking out the RPG gunner and the man beside him, before ducking down again.
As the group of insurgents rushed their position, both Johnson and Alex rose and went full auto, raking the ranks of the insurgents, cutting them down as they ran forward. Those in the rear of the insurgents turned and fled back for cover. The reporter continued on with his narration of the battle as his cameraman swept the battle ground with his camera. By now the entire company was in the tent pressing forward and around Dani. Word had spread of who she was. They all knew the turmoil that she must be going through watching her man put his life in danger again and again. But that was Alex. Most knew that.

Again and again Alex sprinted from one position to another to assist one of his men. He carried the light machinegun that gave each position he went to the added fire power to stop the insurgents in their tracks. Each time he moved, a hail of bullets followed him. The sound of a truck’s engine could be heard over the gunfire and Trevor saw it first. A pickup truck loaded with insurgents was trying to barrel its way through and go after the HUMVEs. He pulled the pin on a grenade and sent it flying in the trucks direction. It bounced once on the road before it hit the truck and exploded. The explosion sent the hood of the truck flying as flames erupted from the engine compartment and the truck veered off and struck a building sent the bodies of the insurgents in the back flying. They hit the ground hard and didn’t move.

“Hold the Line.” Alex called out again and again as he ran back and forth. “Stay the course.” As he ran bullets tore up the pavement behind him, sending bits of derbies flying. With the amount of firepower being sent his way, it was a miracle he was not hit.

Back at base the tent was filled with cheers and shouts of encouagement, even though they all knew Alex and his squad could not hear them. The company commander entered the tent, having heard that Alex and his squad was on TV. He had given Alex and his squad the patrol duty and in an unoffical way the go ahead to rescue Dustin now stood there wondering what was going to happen. By now the Battalion Commander, Brigade Commander and the General knew what was going on. He didn’t care though, he was not going to let one of his men down and be a prisoner of the insurgents to be tortured and killed. But now he had six men out there and he knew that higher headquarters was not going to allow a rescue mission for them. What had been done was already probably being criticized by the civilian government. He was just awaiting for the battalion commander or higher to arrive and haul his ass away.

The two HUMMVs sped through the streets and then finally made it to the open desert and headed towards the large encampment of the American forces.

On the TV there were others that were reporting the news to the world that also was getting information about if there was a rescue mission to extract the six soldiers. The news people that were sending the live feed to the world reported that they had been told there was no rescue in the process, that the Iraqi security forces were being sent to deal with the matter. Then came the report that the Iraqi forces were being blocked by the insurgents and that some of the security forces had opened fire on the other security force members and were unable to reach the soldiers. Still others were getting public opinions about the matter and many were out right angry that the Army was not doing anything. That the soldiers had rescued civilians from certain death at the insurgents hands and that they should be rescued.

The American forces commander’s hands were tied. He was not allowed to send any more troops in to do a rescue mission. It was a matter of the civilian government not wanting interference from the US Army. They were wanting to prove that they could handle the matter themselves. Meanwhile the reporter’s live feed was giving the world an up close and detailed view of what was happening.

Every member of Alex’s company was crowded into the tent now, looking to their commander for orders. They were geared up and ready to go at a single gesture. The Captain himself was waiting for word from Battalion. They could create an even more serious problem and relationships with the Iraqi government if he sent more people in.

Alex crouched behind a demolished wall by the flag pole. He would swing around the corner and fire a few rounds and then duck down behind the wall again, as a spray of bullets tore pieces of the wall off. They were holding but they would not be able to hold out much longer. They did not have an unlimited supply of ammo. Again one of the squad members came under heavy fire and it looked as if the insurgents were trying to press in on that area. Alex rose and again took off running across the open area to get to his comrade. Just as he reached the position a bullet tore through his upper arm, spinning him around and down to the ground, behind some rubble.

The reporter’s voice cracked as he spoke, “One is down. It looks like the Squad Leader of this brave and noble squad. He is not moving." Back at the tent the soldiers tensed, and many looked at Dani. But Alex was not dead. The pain had numbed him but crawled to the rubble and slowly stood bringing the machine gun up with one arm and firing as insurgents broke cover to charge the position. He held his other arm close to his body as pain still radiated from the wound. A loud cheer filled the tent and shouts of encouragement rang out, as if they thought Alex could hear them. He cut the insurgents down.

Alex leaned against some rubble as he took cover again and as he swung back around to send another burst of rounds at the insurgents, one could see a bloody red streak on the concrete. The reporter went on and on about the battle, the incredible chances Alex was taking to help give supporting fire to his squad members. How determined the insurgents were to try and kill or take them captive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:52 am

After being introduced Dani felt a little more relaxed. Why she was nervous about being seen as a parasite was beyond her. Of course they would accept her and now they had. She had to smile at being called Ma am She was most likely the same age if not younger then these men but still their training had them calling her Ma’am but she simply thanked them and sat back down on the couch. She kicked off her sandals and brought her knees up to her chin. The fire fight was getting worse and she was getting more and more anxious, she felt as if the walls were closing in on her and she wanted to get up and pace but there was no room. She wanted to scream at him for him to get out of there. But she remained silent eerily silent for her but this group didn’t know her she silently was grateful for that.
She let out a frightened “eep” as she saw the RPG exploded but sighed when it was reveled that none of Alex’s group were hit. Her nails had dug holes into her knee and they were almost to the point of bleeding but Dani did not even notice that she was too focused on Alex and the TV. She knew Alex would make it he had to. She swallowed hard and licked her lips again. Her throat was dry and her lips chapped so she took an other swig of her water bottle. And then continued to watch the TV.

She might have seemed calm to all of the people standing there bit inside she was breaking. She saw her sweet Alex dodging bullets and shrapnel thus far he was lucky. Watched as the jeep exploded. But she wasn’t stupid she knew they were running low on ammo and she didn’t even know if they had water on them. Why weren’t anyone going to get them? Once they ran out of ammo they would be sitting ducks. She looked up at the company commander walked into the tent. She knew the torment that he must be going through he had given the go ahead for this mission to happen so she could only guess the torment that he was going through. But she still wanted to scream out to him to send people to save them.

Then her attention was snapped back to the TV she heard the report about the Iraqi’s coming to rescue the squad then her hopes were almost immediately squashed when the report that even the Iraqi’s were being blocked too so no rescue was possible. Dani began to really get worried, her nails finally broke the skin of her knees but she really didn’t notice she was too focused on the TV. Her dear Alex and his men were trapped and she knew ammo would be running out then what would happen?

She gasped as she saw her Alex get shot and fall down. She leaned forward and covered her mouth with her hands and rocked in her seat she was trembling. As she heard the reporters voice it seemed far away she was shaking her head no it cant end this way it cant PLEASE ALEX She thought to herself. Silently screaming it she closed her eyes trying to ward off the threatening tears she slowly opened her eyes scared of what she would have too see but she then watched the TV as she saw her Alex crawl away. She nodded. “That’s right Alex you can do it” She softly said. She looked around to the men who seemed to be staring at her. Did they think she was weak? She hoped not she wasn’t crying…..yet.

But she was upset…..why wasn’t anyone going for him? She noticed more men in the tent now. She leaned over to Dustin’s SSgt then suddenly remembered she couldn’t remember his name. But she had to ask, “Why isn’t anyone going to save them?” She paused “Excuse me for my language” She said with a blush to the men around “But Fuck the rules of war Alex is injured they are running outta ammo we need to go get him” She stood “Either you go or I will, and I don’t think Alex would like his fiancé in a fire fight” She crossed her arms stubbornly but it was also clear that she was frightened her face had lost all colour and her palms were clammy.

She turned to the Officer that had given the go ahead for him to go. “Please I know that we are not suppose interfere but please” She looked around to the men pleading with them. She knew that it would be hell to pay but wasn’t the men’s life worth a bit of hell?

She then saw the blood and she suddenly felt very faint and she wobbled on her feet but still refused to sit down. Turning again “Please he is hurt” Her knees were buckling and she reached for a unseen object to settle herself. She turned to the tv again as a single tear fell from her eye and rolled off her chin. She was rocking hard now looking as if she was going to fall over at any moment. “Hang on Alex please” The rest of the room was black now it was just her and the tv. She didn’t relize how bad she was shaking nor was aware of anything, there was only white noise in her ears, well that and the sound of the reporter talking about her Alex, injured and yet still offering fire support. It was not going to end this way she would make sure of it.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:00 am

Dani was not the only one looking at the company commander. They head all heard the news, how the Iraqi forces had been stymied with attacks from within and without thier ranks. Every one in the tent knew Alex and his squad were dead if something was not done and done quickly. "Sir we can not leave them there." one Sergeant spoke up. There were murmers of accent.

The two HUMMVEs had been pushed to the max speed. They came barrling up to the encampment and stopped in a cloud of dust. Dustin got out of the one he was in and stumbled forward. The guards rushed forward to catch him. Dustin and the civilians finally made it to the huge camp of Americans. Word had even spread to those that stood guard on what was happening. Dustin vouched for the civilians and told the guards they needed to be protected. He was then half carried, half walked to the recreation tent, with the grandson of the prime minister. He was refusing medical treatment until he was able to make sure Abram Nigic was in good hands. It was there he saw Dani, and what was going on. He saw the company commander, “Sir, you can’t leave them there. This is Abram Nigic, the grandson of the Prime Minister. If it wasn’t for them he would still be in the insurgents hands and ……… you know what would have happen if they found out who he was. Please sir you have to help them.”

The Captain looked at Dustin then at the TV then at his men that were crowding around. He had made up his mind. To hell with orders and he would take what ever came down the pike at him. “Mount up!” he yelled and a loud cheer rang out as soldiers began rushing for the entrance of the tent.

Men in flight suits stood by the door blocking it, “You ain't going any where.......... with out us. Hell Captain, no need to drive, my guys will fly you there. We have Black Hawks and a couple of Apache Gun ships read to go.” In seconds the soldiers and the flyboys were on the run. In minutes the wine of the Black Hawks and Apache Gun Ships could be heard whining as they started up and before long lifting off and heading towards the city.
Abram was on a cell phone talking franticly with some one on the other end, in Iraqi. Then he looked over at the TV watching the battle as it continued. Other soldiers still crowded the tent watching. They had no orders so they had to stay and many grumbled, wanting to be there with those going to get Alex and his squad.

Dustin looked over at Dani and hobbled over to her and hugged her. “They’ll bring him back.” He told her.

Then again as he broke cover to fire, Alex was hit a second time, this time in the leg. The force of the hit caused him to spin around and fall to the ground. Tension again filled the air in the tent as Alex laid there for a moment and the insurgents again rushed. One could have heard a pin drop it was that quiet. One of his men was about to break cover to go to him but he moved and yelled, “Hold The Line!” and the man returned to his position and Alex slowly dragged himself up to again fire the last of the ammo for the machine gun he had. Dropping it to the ground he unslung his rifle and began firing. But with out the cover fire of the machine gun the insurgents began coming out of everywhere, not caring if they were hit or not. It looked as if Alex and his squad was going to be over run.

But suddenly there was several explosions among the insurgents that had to number in the hundreds. The explosions made Bodies flew everywhere. Machine gun fire raked the ranks of the insurgents as intense gunfire came raining down upon them. On the TV the sound of the helicopters could be heard and the powerful machineguns of the gun ships. The reporter was excited, “Gun Ships, two gun ships have arrived and have opened fire. My god there are several Blackhawlks now landing, troops are pouring out of them and taking up positions reigning death upon the insurgents.” The soldiers moved up quickly, giving cover fire for Alex’s squad to retreat. A group of them ran to Alex and began carrying him back as others covered them.

With the company of soldiers and the gun ships, the insurgents stopped and retreated. They melted back into the city, leaving behind their dead and wounded. The company slowly backed up to the Black hawks as the gun ships circled above. The reporter’s camera man was moving the camera here and there and then raised it up as another Black hawk came down and landed. Out of it came the Division Commander and a couple other officers, one being the Company’s Battalion Commander.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:45 am

Still halfway in shock Dani was barely aware of anything happening around her. She heard the other men say that they had to go. None seem to take notice to her cursing. She turned to the Company Commander her eyes pleading with him to go. She knew that it would be hell, but if Alex and his men died it would be worse.

She was about to speak up again but she heard someone or what sounded like someone coming to the tent . She looked around there wasn’t much room left it was getting really crowded what made Dani feel even more faint but when she head Dustin’s voice her eyes welled up even more with tears. He was badly beaten up and had clear injures but he was being stubborn. She wanted to push through all the men there and run to her brother but with the world spinning around her she was doubtful she could walk to him right now. As he spoke about the grandson of the Iraqi Prime Minister Dani was full of pride and anger at the same time he risked his life for this boy. She knew that until this boy was safe Dustin wouldn’t accept medical attention. She wanted to strangle him right then and there for putting her through this. For making her see the men on the doorstep for her thinking that she was going to get another flag. First make sure he was okay then throttle him.

After what seemed like hours the commanding officer gave the orders. Her heart leaped as the men rushed out then suddenly it was crushed as men blocked their way but then it leaped again as they were told that they were going to be flown there. Dani wished then all well as her eyes continued to well up she was on the verge of tears but she wanted to appear strong she wouldn’t break she couldn’t Alex needed her to be strong.

When Dustin came up to her and hugged her she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him then in front of the people there pushed away and glared at him “How dare you scare me like that Dustin Todd Blodgett” She used her full name, he had their fathers name for a middle name. She was clearly upset she was shaking. “Get yourself looked after now and NEVER scare me like that again” She glared at him her eyes full of anger and fear but compassion and relief. She began to pace since there was room now “You know all the shots you get over a few weeks?” She lifted up her shirt sleeve to show her needle marks “Yeah I got them all at once” She hit him again on his uninjured arm She looked around for the medics “Medics please tend to my brother before I hit him again” She then turned back to the TV as the Fire fight continued..

She saw her Alex get shot again and this time her knees did give out on her and she crumpled to the ground burring her face in her hands she began to sob. She couldn’t lose Alex. She was so busy crying that she nearly missed him being carried away. “He is still alive, tell me he is still alive” She demanded of anyone with in ear shot. She attempted to whip away the tears she didn’t want to be sent home because she was weak she wanted to help these guys but this was Alex her Alex, he had been shot before and now he had been shot twice.

She turned to see if Dustin was being tended to she was so grateful to have him here but he wasn’t out of the woods yet. She knew he would most likely give her hell after he was tended to for coming her but she didn’t care. “By the way Dustin call Deb she was at our place with the MP’s came” She then turned back to the TV and rocked waiting for a report on her dear Alex, how long would it take for him to get here? Her mind was racing she reached for water bottle only to find out that it was empty but she couldn’t stand right now so water would have wait.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:38 am

Dustin just stood there, putting his weight on his good leg when Dani began yelling at him. He knew his sister loved him, and he had probably scared her half to death. He wondered how she was able to get to Iraq. She couldn't have done it on her own. He could onl think that some how Alex had managed to get her there with him. He saw the TV and what was happening. As Alex went down, Dani collapsed and he tried to get to her but the Medics had him and were putting him on a strecher and cuttin open his pant leg and going over him with a fine tooth comb.

Dustin's squad leader knelt down on one knee beside him. He shook his head smiling. "You are one crazy family." he chuckled, "Crazy but with guts. Welcome back soldier. Now get the hell out of here and get yourself looked at by the Doctors. He then went over to Dani and helped her to her feet. "He is alive and still fighting. You have one hell of a man there." he told her. The rest of Dustin's squad picked up the litter and carried him off to the Aid Station where a doctor would be summomoned to check him out further.

The remaining soldiers in the tent were watching the TV and also Dani. They all felt for her and what she was going through. Most of them had wives and children back home who were probably just as worried about them. They all hoped they would be as rock steady as she had been so far. Then it sounded like it was the Super Bowl and their team had just won. The soldiers were yelling and shouting. The Sergeant looked over at the TV. "Alpha Company has arrived." he told Dani. It would have taken them a lot longer to get to Alex and his men had not the fly boys been there to offer a ride.

After a few minutes things quieted down as the news man continued his commentary. "The Division Commander has just landed." came his voice, "From what this reporter has learned, the rescue of the soldier by this squad had not been authorized, and the rescue of the squad by the company of soldiers definately had not been sanctioned. The Division Commander is approaching the Sergeant. The Same Sergeant that has bravely and with out thought of his own safety has ran through muderous hails of bullets to help his fellow soldiers. Who has been wounded twice, yet has risen to continue to fight on. With the noise of the gun ships over head and the Black Hawks now waiting to load the men of the company of soldiers, I can not hear what is being said."

"Shit." The Staff Sergeant said half annoyed and half worried. "This doesn't look good.

"Groups of soldiers are examining bodies and removing weapons from the dead and wounded insurgents. My god there are dozens of them."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Hearing her brother starting to get up she turned around and pointed to him and in a very loud stern voice nearly yelled at him. “Dustin Todd Blodgett” Using his full name again to prove she was serous. “I am fine you understand me you will lay down on that bed and get tended to or help me God I will shot you in your other leg” She stood shaking with help and then glared at him as he was picked up and carried off. Then she thanked him “He is a hell of a man but if I get my hands on him….” She blushed and then laughed nervously. “You must all think I am nuts, uttering death threats to both my brother and my Fiancé its just I love both my guys so much” She fingered her fathers dog tags as he watched what was still going on.

When the shouting began Dani was surprised and jumped looking around then at the TV she was a bit confused but then turned to the Sergeant listening to him.As the Sergeant explained what was happening and who had just arrived. Dani nodded she continued to play with her fathers dog tags and say silent prayers for her Fiancé and his squad, she wasn’t sure if she could handle it if anything happened to him. She swallowed hard.

As everything went quiet Dani began to pace she knew that she was probably getting on peoples nerves but she couldn’t stand still her hands still on her fathers’ tags. Hearing the news report continuing she turned back to the TV, She watched as the Division Commander began to talk to her Alex she turned to the guys “Why the hell is he doing that? Alex needs to get help!” She was half yelling it her voice cracking as she struggled to keep her anger and fear hidden from the guys. She looked at the Staff Sergeant “Please tell me what’s going on!”

She wanted her Alex back safe, Dustin was here and now Alex and the rest of his guys needed to come back too. She began to pace more quickly now her breaths becoming shallower. Then stopped suddenly and stared at the TV and waited for what would be next. She attempted again to drink out of her empty water bottle. And then began to squeeze it nervously.

She knew she should get another one but she was too nervous about leaving the TV screen she wanted to see what was going to happen to Alex…She was getting Anxious the longer they stayed there the more likely it was going to be that something bad was going to happen she felt it. “Please get out of there Please get out of there Please get out of there Please get out of there Please get out of there” She kept repeating.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:05 am

The camera man and reporter moved forward now showing the dead and wounded insurgents. A pile of weapons formed as the soldiers piled them on after taking them from the bodies. Soldiers picked up and half dragged struggling insurgents back to a clear and secured area. The reporter was commenting on how they would be treated and then questioned and turned over to the local government. As the reporter had the camera turned back to Alex and the Division commander, Alex was on a strecher being carried back to one of the Black Hawks by his squad.

"Come on." The Staff Sergeant said, "They will be back at the Battaion Aid Station here shortly." he gently took her by the arm and began leading her out of the tent. The tent emptied fast and everyone was heading in the same direction that the Staff Sergeant was taking Dani. As they walked they could see the other three companies of the Battalion, lineing the path from the helo pad to a large tent with a red cross on it. Platoon sergeants formed up the their platoons on either side of the path.

Back at the site of the battle the reporter and cameraman finally stopped their filming, as the Black Hawlks filled once more with troops and lifted off. Those insurgents that had lived, which were only a few, were loaded up on the Division Commander's and flown to a different location. Alex lay on a strecher, his wounds bandaged with pressure bandages, until he could get to the Doc. He had been given something for the pain and his squad looked down at him smiling. "One hell of a day Alex. You get here and a few hours later we are in the fight of our lives." Randy commented. "Hope you don't plan on doing this often." He was trying to make light the situation.

Both the Company Commander and the Division Commander were on another Black Hawk. Alex had told the Divsion Commander that he and his squad had been sent out on patorl of the a section of the city. That they had gotten intel on Dustins whereabouts and had gone to check it out. Which was basicly true, just not in the right order. Alex did not want his company commander to get his ass in a sling over it. He didn't know if the General had believed him or not. Only time would tell what would happen to him and his commander. But Dustin was safe now, he had kept his word to Dani and had found and rescued him.

The rest of Dustin's squad had gone with him to the Battalion Aid Station. The Staff Seargent was the only one that had stayed with Dani. He stood beside her looking at the rest of the Battalion forming up in ranks, and he smiled. Soon they could hear the sound of the Black Hawks coming back. The Helo Pad only could take one at a time so, one would have to land, unload and then take off again to allow the next one. One after the other the Choppers landed and unloaded the soldiers of Alpha Company. Finally Alex's landed. The rest of his company exited first and formed up with the rest of them along the path.

"He will be coming off, go to him." the Staff Seargent told Dani and gave her a gental push in the direction of the Black Hawk. As Alex was carried off the Black Hawk by his squad, the XO of Alpha company brought it to Attention. "Present Arms!" was his next command. Each soldier brought his weapon up infront of him. straight up and down in a salute. As his squad continued on down the path Bravo Company, then Charlie and finally Delta Company each were called to attention and the command to present arms given. An honor mainly given to Generals, and forign high ranking officers and civilians. The Division Commander along with the Company Commander were the last to leave the Black Hawk. They looked at the scene, the support and feelings held for Alex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:39 am

The more she watched the TV the more nervous she got. She knew that Alex would need medical attention and quickly the longer they stayed there the more danger could come to him. She needed to see him to touch him to see with her own eyes. To hold him kiss him then yell at him for taking off years of her life. She did wonder what the guys would think, her yelling at both of her guys so soon after receiving both of them. Injured yes but alive but it was better then crying. She couldn’t let either of them see how this was affecting her she had to be strong for both of them. She watched as the alive terrorists were gathered together. She filled with rage. How could they do what they did? How could they believe what they believed she wanted to scream at them but found she had no voice she was too scared for her Alex. She knew that once she saw him, touched him, felt him it would all be better but until then she wasn’t going to be okay.

As she was lead out side she tried to control her shaking but she wasn’t sure how well she was doing. She knew that she would have be strong. Alex knew her too well. And at the slightest sign of shaking or fear she was worried that Alex would fall apart and she couldn’t let that happen. She would be his strength she would be his pillar she would be his confident. She wasn’t sure how bad it would be. Would the nightmares come back? She wasn’t sure if the medics would let her sleep in his bed with him to calm him down. Either way she would be remaining by both of her guys’ side throughout the night.

She watched the black hawks land the sound was nearly deafening but she wouldn’t flinch she watched Blackhawk after Blackhawk land and unload but still no Alex she was getting worried where was he? Finally she heard the words she was waiting for. She felt herself being pushed and then she half ran to where he would be but stopped suddenly watching the scene. She knew that this action was saved for really important people she nodded a quick thank you to them. Then raced down the path to Alex as he was pulled from the Blackhawk she stroked his cheek softly and brought his hand to her lips and kissed it. Her eyes flashed over his body, the blood soaking through the bandages. She nearly lost her footing she looked at him with such love the raced down the trail with the medics.

Once inside she finally spoke “Oh Alex I am so happy to see you again” She paused. “I love you” She knelt down and kissed his check. She looked him over again. Then smiled. “You are going to be fine my love” He was then wheeled past her she went to go with him but was held back she turned to look and saw two members of his squad were gently holding her shoulders. “I am sorry but you cant go in there” Dani watched helplessly as Alex was carried in through two swinging doors. She tried to pull away twisting and turning with all her might trying to get to Alex.

She was pleading with them to please let her go. She was proving a match for them. She turned and looked up at them “Please why can’t I go in there?” She continued to try to breakfree of the men. She wasn’t hurting them, but she was trying hard to break free and get to her Alex. She was getting more and more upset at each failed attempt. She was also getting weaker though. The heat and the trauma of seeing both her brother and fiancé injured was getting to her. She nearly slipped out of their grip and looked at them. “Please” She begged, “Please let me see my Alex” She chewed her bottom lip as she continue to fight,

She was still proving a challenge for the two Soldiers who kept exchanging glances both silently saying the same thing. They knew what attracted Alex to her. She was strong and stubborn and she had a good heart. They had heard of her work with the VA, and many hoped she would be able to stay for a while afterword. But for now they had to focus on keeping her out of the trauma of the ER. But they knew they couldn’t say that, they needed a reason to keep her out of there.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Alex looked around as he came off the Black Hawk. He saw the entire battalion lined up on either side of the path leading to the Aid Station. As he came off the Blackhawk, his company, Alpha Company, was brought to attention and then present arms. This surprised him. Then he saw Dani come running between two of the companies and to him. She grabbed his hand and kissed his cheek. He could tell she had been worried and from what he had heard aboard the Blackhawk, she had watched the whole thing on TV. But she looked good, though a bit stressed. He gripped her hand and brought it to his lips.

As he progressed down the path, the other companies came to attention and present arms. He didn't understand why they were honoring him like that. He had done nothing more then what any of them would have done. His squad at his side was smiling as they carried him down the path. Once they got to the Battalion Aid Station and entered, he was put on a gurnney and then the medical people took over. They wheeled him through doors into the more sterile environment of the operating room. He could hear Dani yelling for them to let her go to let her go with Alex. He could imagine her struggling with his squad to get through. Once in they began to cut away his uniform to get to clear everything away from the wounds.

The doctor came in and had gloves put on his hands and a surgical mask put on. He came over and removed the bandages and looked at the wounds. "This makes the fourth time you have been in here." he looked down at him, and Alex could imagine him smiling under that mask.

"Hazzards of the Job sir." he grinned back at the Doc. It was not long before an IV was put in and then something to knock him out so they could do the surgery. Meanwhile back outside the doors two of his squad members still held Dani Back. Comming up behind her was the company commander and the general.

"It is a sterial inviornment and the Doctor doesn't need any distractions when he is working." Came the general's voice. "Miss Blodgett, you have nothing to worry about. He will be fine, and I do believe your brother wishes to see you. He is in the ward." The general gently took her by the arm and gave a gentle pull.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:25 am

Hearing the voice Dani calmed down and turned to the voice immediately she swallowed hard and blushed clearly embarrassed about her behavior. She turned to the men. “I am sorry guys I was just upset about Alex” She nodded. “You two are very strong” She said trying to make light of the moment. “I know you all care for Alex as much as I do, and I know he will be fine.” She nodded “Hopefully I didn’t give you too much of a trouble.” She allowed herself to be led away. “Please keep me updated” She then walked to where her brother was.

Stopping at the entrance she stared at him. She then walked over to the side of the bed and smacked him on the side of the head. He yelped out only getting a raised eyebrow from the duty nurse, a few members of his squad snickered. “Out of the frying pan into the fire” She glared at them and the both stood and smiled “We will leave you to it” Dustin shook his head “Don’t leave me with her” But they just chucked “Dustin we deal with insurgents, suicidal terrorists, but pissed off sisters well that we do not touch” Meanwhile Dani was pacing. Dustin looked up at her. “Sister please sit down you are going to dig yourself home” Dani glared at him then sat down. Taking a deep breath she hugged her brother who in turned hugged her with his one good arm. Dani sat up. “How are you doing?” Dustin smiled “Well I am alive” Dani didn’t like that joke.

Dustin looked her over “How the hell did you get here” Dani shrugged

“I got connectons” Dustin smiled
“Ahh Alex” He then noticed his sisters arms, marks on them again but this time they weren’t cut marks but needles marks. He looked up at her “You got all the shots in one weekend” Dani shook his head

“One day, one visit really” Dustin let out a whistle. “Hey I am sorry I scared you, it all happened to fast” Dani nodded. “Well you are safe now” She purposely did not say anything about Alex Dustin needed to recover. She reached over for the phone “We better call home”

Dialing the phone Dani got Mary. “Mary it is okay, no they are both well.” She had to Pause as Mary raced on asking questions Dani tried her best to answer them. “Surgery he was talking and knew me so it looks good” Was her answer when asked about Alex. “No he is right here” She handed the phone to Dustin.

It was Debbie “DUSTIN DUSTIN IS THAT YOU” Debbie was yelling. “Oh DUSTIN HOW GOOD IT IS TO HEAR YOUR VOICE, I LOVE YOU ARE YOU COMING HOME?” Dani stood to allow them to have some privacy and knew as soon as she hung up. Dustin would be asking questions about Alex and what happened.

She went over to a doctor. “Doc I am” The doc held up his hand “We all know you, I know it’s a lot to ask but if you do stay here for a bit do you figure you can help me out with a few guys here they are pretty locked up” Dani nodded “First my brother, How much can he handle? I know he is going to be asking questions as soon as his girlfriend lets him off the phone but I don’t want to give him too much”
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Dustin smiled when he heard Debbie's voice. He talked to her trying to calm her and ease her fears. This Doc had a couple patients that he was trying to help. Instead of sending them back to the states for treatment, he was wanting to treat them before they went. A lot of soldiers had a hard time readjusting when they returned. They got into trouble, began drinking, doing drugs, and other things that was all due to the stress and physical things that happened to them while in combat situations. The two were showing early signs of it. He had wondered about the strange civilian woman that had come in with a Soldier and had made inquiries.

He was quite surprised at what he had been informed of. His contemporary back at the VA Center in their hometown had filled him in on what she had been able to accomplish with the vetrens there. "It looks as if your brother will be busy for a bit, so if you don't mind talking to a couple other soldiers that are kind of messed up." he took her gently by the arm and steared her to another ward where two soldiers laid on hospital beds.

Meanwhile the Doc in the operating room was removing a bullet from Alex's leg. The one that had hit him in the shoulder had gone all the way though, making a clean wound. Once the bullet was removed the wound was stitched up and then he went to work on the wound in Alex's shoulder. It didn't take to long to complete the work on him. Soon he was being wheeled out to the ward where he would be left to sleep off the stuff that was used to put him to sleep. Dustin saw Alex being wheeled in and put onto one of the beds. Dustin was a bit shocked to see him. He had not been informed that he had been wounded.

"What the hell happened?" he asked the orderlies. Dustin knew that Alex and his men had stayed behind to give him and the civilians time to get away. He had not been told about the firefight or Alex being wounded. The orderlies gave him the details of it all. As they told him what had happened he looked over at Alex shaking his head. He had come and got him, freed him and the civilians and risked his own life to ensure they got away. He owed Alex, owed him big time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:21 am

Although she guessed she should have been surprised that the doc knew her. She wasn’t sure was certain that her story had spread throughout the base but she knew that it would. The fiancé of one Soldier and the Sister to another who had been held captive, she also assumed then that the stories of what she had done at the VA center would have also come up. For that she was grateful she was going crazy waiting. Maybe this doc would have someone in mind that she could maybe help. So nodding she took one last look at her brother who was still talking to Debbie, and she knew this would take a while. So willing followed the doctor. Her heart was beating, it was one thing to go in to the VA where the Veterans almost excepted volunteers to come in and talk but it was a complete other to go into a hospital room in a war zone but she would try her best.

As soon as she saw them she understood, both were mostly untouched physically it was likely that they saw something horrible and are guilty that they are getting to go home while others aren’t. She turned to the doctor “ I work best alone, and my ways of doing things might be a bit strange but it seems to work but if I need you I will call but other then that please try to stay out of it, they might not want to talk but I have my ways, or so I am told” She swallowed hard and walked up to the middle of both beds glad to see that both were awake but their eyes were both far away. “Hello, I am Dani Blodgett” She paused “Yes Dustin Blodgett’s sister” She paused again. “And Fiancé to Alex Morgan” She wasn’t sure if they knew ether of those names but it was just a way of introducing herself. She nodded. “Now before I continue to talk I want you to know that I am NOT a shrink honestly I cant stand them forcing you to think about stuff that you don’t want to” She shook her head “I am just here as a friend” She looked at each in turn. Both of them still refused to look at her but she moved into their eyesight in turn. Their gaze still looked far away as if they were locked away somewhere. She knew that look, it was the same look that Alex had when he talked of his guilt.

She swallowed hard desperate times called for desperate measure she walked over to the small TV and fingered through the movies smiling she picked the most annoying movie there Clueless sure it was a oldie but it was one of the most annoying movie of the small collection they had, she came back and sat in the middle of both beds in a chair and flipped it on “Suppose you two wont mind me watching this right?” It was cruel but she had to get them to talk. She leaned back and started to watch the movie but kept her eyes on the two males as well.

The doctor raised an eyebrow. But then let out a gasp as both men groaned and mumbled to themselves. Both said something along the lines of “Fuck we get attacked by the terrorists then tortured by this tag chaser who thinks she has what it takes” The doctor took a step forward but Dani put her hand up to stop him. “I assure you I am not a tag chaser” She could have gone on but she did not. “Its nice to hear your two voices” She said softly but both had turned their back on her again she wasn’t fazed she had people like this, too full of hate, hurt, and guilt. She could not force them to chat but she would out stubborn them even if she was left here after her brother and Alex both went home. She knew that would be a fight but she was stubborn.

She only broke eye contact with the men and the movie when she saw the surgeon walk in she stood and began wringing her hands. “Doc how is he, how is Alex? And Dustin?” She had tears brimming her eyes. The doc smiled “Ahh you must be the one that I heard screaming” Dani blushed “Yes I am sorry for that” The doc smiled “That’s alright I work best under pressure” By this time the other Soldiers were paying close attention. The Doctor continued “Your brother is fine, but I think his woman is going to try to follow you here” Dani nodded “And my Fiancé?” The doctor nodded “Yes he is good too, came through surgery with flying colours” Dani nodded and the doctor put his hand on her shoulder “He will not be up for awhile but I promise that I will come and get you before he wakes up” Dani smiled “Thank you” She then sat down back in her chair, ignoring that both guys were staring at her now.

Finally one spoke “You have a brother AND a fiancé here?” Dani nodded “Yes I do” She looked at the one that spoke. “I am the daughter of Todd Blodgett, he died just over a year ago.” She fingered his dog tags. The Soldier looked down “Hey listen, if you hear my comment” But Dani wouldn’t let him finish “Hey you think I haven’t heard worse, I have been working in a VA for a year I can handle being called a tag chaser, hell I caught one” The one laughed slightly then quickly fell sullen and Dani reached out and touched him “Hey all these emotions you are feeling are normal, its okay to cry, laugh ,get angry.” The Soldier looked doubtful “If you only knew”

Dani shook her head “When my Fiancé came back he had nightmares, he felt guilty being home.” She paused “You see he enlisted early then when they found out he was sent stateside” She licked her lips. “I don’t know your story and the only things that I will know are the things you tell me” She turned to the other one that still had his back to her “That goes for you too” She looked at both of them “I just want to help, sometimes its easier to talk to a dumb civy then a shrink” She continued talking about Alex “Alex felt very guilty beng home, as I think you two are now. But there is a reason for everything and before you go thinking that you are untouched, I strongly believe that emotional scars are worse then medical ones” At this point both men went silent again and Dani let them sit and think about that. And went back to her annoying movie.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:14 am

The two soldiers both specialist grade laid there as Dani entered the ward. Their minds were tortured and filled with guilt. They had seen their friends and comrades blown to pieces, cut down before them. They blamed themselves as Alex had, for being to slow, not paying enough attention to the situation. "If I had only seen that RPG gunner. If I had only been a second faster pulling the trigger." these and thoughts of those that had been shipped home with out an arm, a leg, a foot or more and here they were whole and getting ready to ship out home to finish healing up. One had been wounded by shrapnel in the leg, breaking the bone. He would be back in the states somewhere healing up until he could walk again. Two of his friends were not that lucky. One had been torn apart by the blast and the other had lost both legs below the knee. Why had he been spared, why had he not been killed or lost a limb instead of his friends.

The second man had been in a HUMMV whe an IED exploded beneath it and sent it rolling off the road. It came under heavy fire from insurgents as one of his team mates pulled him from the wreckage and was cut down by a hail of bullets. He blamed himself for the man's death. Like the soldier in the other bed, he had seen friends and comrades cut down and ripped apart next to him, where he was untouched.

When Dani entered both were consumed with their guilt and anguish. They didn't even hear her when she introduced herself. When she put on the movie the sounds slowly permeating that part of their minds that remembered such things as movies. Their eyes turned to the TV and watched a bit. Their minds came out of their fog for a bit and they groaned as they saw what it was. That is when they really noticed Dani. When the Surgeon came in and informed Dani of Alex and Dustins conditions the two, one of the soldiers spoke and was surprised that she had a brother and fiance there. When Dani explained about her fiance both listened, even though one seemed to turn his back on her he listened.

When she mentioned Alex's name it made both turn and face her. The Surgeon shook his head, "Thats right men, Alex is back again and again in the next ward. Both men struggled to get up out of bed. They looked at Dani, "You are engaged to Alex Morgan?" one of them asked.

Alex was a strong one and he came out of his induced sleep long before he should have. He looked around and saw Dustin, he was now sleeping after talking with Debbie. He heard voices from the next ward. One of them he recgonized as Dani's. Only a canvas partition seperated the two wards. His shoulder and leg were bandaged and he was still a bit woosy from the sedation but he swung his legs over to sit up. The IV in his arm was on a tall rolling hook. Taking a deep breath he slowly stood up and rocked a bit before getting himself steady. Moving slowly he walked to the canvas and pushed it aside, holding on to the rolling IV hook. He walked into the other ward and saw Dani sitting between the two soldiers. Shaking his head and smiling, he looked at her. She was still helping soldiers out even out in a war zone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Seeing their reaction to her being engaged to Alex made her giggle slightly. They seemed so shocked like everyone that had found out that she and he were engaged. Turning to both of them Dani smiled “Yeah” She showed them the ring. “He proposed to me at Christmas time.”

She knew that they hadn’t heard her when she first come in so she repeated herself first explaining why and how she was there. “When I got news that my brother had been captured he was at a retraining course I guess they let them come home early so he could come here and see about finding him. I stubbornly told him that I was coming, and well as stubborn as Alex can be I can top him” She paused “So a phone call, and 10 needles later here I am”

The stared at her so she continued “I am here just to talk, nonthreatening I don’t have any rank or training so I cant make any reports to any superiors and I don’t plan to” She shook her head They both stared at her and swallowed hard. Dani could sense that they felt guilty. “Listen” She said to both of them “I do not know your story and unless you tell me its none of my business.” She looked at both of them in turn “I can assure that nothing is your fault and everyone is going agree with me” She had her stubborn, look on that dared them to contradict her. She would have continued but the curtain had been moved and in came Alex.

Dani gasped and got up and ran to him. “Alex” She threw her arms around his neck gently then pulled away and got her pissed off glare on “WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF BED” She yelled at him she quickly led him to a bed taking on most of his weight so his feet were barely on the ground and she pushed the IV stand with the other one. Laying him in a bed she struck his uninjured side “You are to stay in bed till a doctor gives you the okay to move” She paused then in a very stern voice “Do you understand me ALEX MORGAN” She looked him over “How dare you scare me like that then endanger yourself again by not staying in bed?” She shook her head “You try to get out of bed again will duct tape you to that bed and don’t you think for a moment that I will not” She lightly stocked his cheek and softly kissed him on the lips. “NOW STAY IN BED” She nearly yelled at him her eyes flashing with fear and relive but anger as well.

She then turned to the other two with a sweet smile. “As I was saying I am here for anything you need, help with rehabilitations, or just someone to talk too. I will be staying here for the foreseeable future. She then waited to see what they were going to do or say.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:39 am

Alex saw Dani jump up out of the chair and run to him. She hugged him and then started yelling at him, scolding him for getting out of bed when he was not supose to. She helped him to another bed in the ward and helped him lay down then hit him on his good side, ordering him to stay in bed till the Doc told him he could get up and move around. He was a bit weak yet, and unsteady on his feet. He let her take him to the bed and scold him. He just grinned because he knew she loved him and was worried about him.

As he laid there he watched as she turned back to the two soldiers who were wide eyed, their jaws hanging open. "Glad I'm not him at the moment." one said to the other. Then when she turned to them quickly turned to make it look as if they had not been paying attention . The Doc held back a smile as he watched from another part of the ward. She had broken the ice so to speak. "What happened?" one asked. "How did he get wounded again?" The Doc looked at Dani as she was asked that wondering how she was going to answer.

Alex proped himself up on his good elbow raising a brow to see what she said. He remembered the reporter and his camera man, and how it seemed everyone knew what had happened. They had not made radio contact with Battalion when the battle had begun and Alex had been to busy to try and call it in. He had been in a daze to some degree when he had been placed on the chopper, but he recalled the men talking about seeing it all on TV. He then looked at Dani. She had seen it all, everything that had happened. It was his turn to have his eyes widen as he realized what she must have been thinking and going through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:27 am

Dani had caught the comment but she kept her chuckle to herself. It had seemed that she had finally broken the ice with these two and it only took her hitting her injured fiancé. She knew that Alex only had let her do that because he was weakened and unsteady, but he had scared her then topped it off when he got out of bed and endangered himself further. He deserved it just like her brother had deserved his lecture that she had given him. She eyed Alex “I am watching you Alex Morgan” She then smiled to the other two.

She heard the question and licked her lips. “Well as I said before my brother Dustin Blodgett was here, and was captured” She paused. “When I got that knock on the door Alex was at a retraining, you know getting him used to hell again” She smiled at her little joke. “Any ways I told Alex that I was coming and as you can see I can be extremely stubborn” She smiled. “But I guess I am getting off track” She wringed her hands. Looking to Alex who had propped himself up “You better be careful Alex I have eyes in the back of my head”

Then she went on “As soon as we got here Alex went on a” She paused “A routine patrol and he and his men found where they were holding Dustin, pure luck I would say” She was lying through her teeth but she didn’t want to risk Alex getting into trouble. She eyed Alex before continuing to make sure he was obeying her and taking it easy. “I watched the entire thing on TV.” She couldn’t look at Alex then she didn’t want to see his face when he learned that she had seen the whole thing.

“Alex and his guys here found my brother and got them out, but there must have not been room because they only got my injured brother and the hostages into the humvee and they got the weapons out and they all stayed behind they all took a stand against those fucking insurgents scum” She blushed slightly at her language “Forgive me but I do believe that Soldiers such as yourself have heard and said worse” She raised her eyebrow as if daring them to prove her wrong. “Well after the Humvee left, the fire fight happened, and I watched it all I watched as he raised the flag, our flag. He risked his life many times over to save the life of his guys Even after he was shot” She still couldn’t look at Alex. “He was shot again, and like the stubborn man that he is he continued pressing on” She finally turned and looked at him “I think that’s why we are so good together both scarily stubborn” She turned back to the guys “Finally your higher ups were able to get help and flew in copters and got Alex back to me I mean here” She looked at the Soldiers “Is there anything else you want to know?” Her hand moved to the dog tags and Alex’s Class ring around her neck as she looked at the Soldiers “Or that you want to talk about, or things that you have been told to do that you have not been dong” She eyed them carefully then pointed to Alex “He can assure you that I will be a help if you let me”

(((Message me if it is not good)))
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm

The two men listened as Dani explained what had happened. They looked over at Alex who simply said, "I did only what any of us would have done." To him that was what he was doing. But to the two soldiers it was not like that. To them he was a hero that had put himself at risk to save others. The looked back at Dani, she had said she had watched it all on TV, how that was they didn't know but she didn't look as if it had effected her like they knew it would have their parents, and families if it had been them.

"It was a quite intense fire fight." The Doc spoke up, "From what I heard, over a 150 dead insurgents." he walked over to where Alex lay, "SGT Morgan here and his squad saved not only her brother but a group of civilians that would have been murdered. Among them was the grandson of the Iraq Prime Minister. " then he tried to make light of it, "And that was all on his first day back. It was Alex's turn to be embarased and fidget. The way the Doc was telling it he was a big hero. He moved trying to tell the Doc that it was all part of the job.

Forgotten for the moment was thier guilt, as they looked from Dani to Alex and back to Dani. Till she mentioned to them that they could talk about their probems to her. They looked as if they wanted to talk but still didn't. The Doc came up to her and whispered. "It is a start. Let them think about it." he took her by the elbow. "Let them rest and help me get Alex back to his own bunk." he helped Alex up from the bed and towards the tent flap to the other ward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 am

Turning to the doctor as he had spoken about the firefight. Dani swallowed hard. It was taking a lot of strength for her to keep up the façade that she was not affected by nearly seeing her fiancé die on live TV. But he was okay now he was here now so everything was going to be okay. As long as both Dustin and Alex stayed in bed everything/ would be all right as long as those two obeyed her. She knew though that they wouldn’t though first chance both of them would be up and trying to go back into the fight.

She turned and smiled to Alex as he seemed embarrassed, it seemed the both of them, gratefully the doc didn’t point out Dani for she too liked to be in the background and not noticed. She nodded to the Doctor as he suggested she leave them for now, hopefully she hadn’t scared them off. She smiled to the men and spoke softly “Sleep well I will be around” She then helped Alex to the other side.

Dustin was lying on his side when they came nearer. He immediately sat up. Looking at Alex being half carried and his sister who seemed to be holding herself together pretty well.

“Hey no fair I get out of bed and you threaten to shot me, your boy toy there gets out of bed and he gets carried” Dani blushed remembering her threat to her brother. She laid Alex down and glared at her brother

“He has had his surgery you at the time didn’t” She shrugged “Besides I threatened him with duct tape” She looked over both of them like a mother hen.

Dustin shook his head and looked over at Alex leaned over and whispered “My sister is nuts, she threatens to shot me after yelling a me and hitting me for getting injured, I am sure she yelled at you too” Dani pretended she didn’t hear them but she smiled least both of them were in bed.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:18 am

In Bagdad, the Division Commander, Battalion Commander, Company commander alll were meeting with the Commanding General of the American forces in Iraq. The three star General had his hands full now with reporters clammering outside wanting more information. The reporter and camera man that had sent the live feed back to America was among them and now copies of that live report was being shown across the country and many others as well again and again as reporters tried to dig up more information.

Alex, Dani, and Dustin's home town was invaded by reporters. His mother was interviewed by a couple reporters that her boss a Judge, screened and oked. She to had watched the entire fire fight, praying like Dani that Alex would come out of it alive. Even though she was frightened out of her mind she was still proud of her son as she watched him again and again risk his life to ensure the safety of his men. She knew her husband would have been very proud of Alex, he was so much like his father. School mates, neighbors and the like were interviewed. Everyone in town had seen it and was proud of him.

But the Commanding General, though was told what the Division Commander had been told by Alex, was still in the frying pan on the whole thing. The political arena was tediaus at best. They had been trying to arrange Dustin's release but the demands of the insurgents were just to rediculous. A million to one chance to find him just seemed a bit out of it, but it was the only thing that was keeping him from the heat of the situation. Then added to that was the fact that the Company Commander and certain chopper pilots had disregarded orders and went to rescue the squad. Even thought the Irquie troops that had been sent to do it had been riddled with insurgents and failed. Things were in a mess for sure. But that all changed shortly after Alex's surgery. The Prime Minister arrived at the Commanding General's headquarters and was swiftly escorted into his office.

The General was sure that he was going to really get the heat now but as the Prime Minister entered he was smiling. At his side was a young man. "I want to introduce you to my favorite Grandson." he introduced the young man, "one of those that your men rescued from the insurgents and throught their brave stand allowed him and the others to make it to the safety of one of your camps." he began. As he was seated and all those in the room took a seat he continued. "Your men's actions saved his life and perhaps even more, should the insurgents have found out who he was. I am in their debt for this and for forcing the hand of those that had inflitrated our new military force." he looked around the room at the officers there. "I have been in contact with your President." The Commanding General was sure that this was it. But it was not what he expected. "I have informed him that I gave you permission to send in your people to rescue your men." he smiled. "Your officers did the right thing General. Such men should not be left to die, because of politicts."

He rose from his chair and everyone stood up. "Now if it is possible, I would like to go meet these men, especially their leader. Because of him, my grandson here is alive and safe. Also I want to meet the soldier that was captured by the insurgents. He kept my grandson safe while he was in their hands."

One could tell that a load had been taken from the shoulders off all concerned. The General called in an Aid and had transportation arranged. Soon all were a board a blackhawk and heading to the Battlion's Camp. Once there, under heavy armed escort the Prime Minister and his grandson was taken to the medical tent. As Alex was put onto another bed and Dustin told him what Dani had said and done to him, the door to the ward opened and everyone entered, along with Alex's squad.

Alex took Dani's hand and squeezed it, thinking this was it. That he was going to be Courtmartialed for what he had done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next