The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All In The Game

2 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

All In The Game - Page 2 Empty Re: All In The Game

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:40 am

He stepped from the shower and dried off. In a mirror he could see the criss cross pattern of the whip scars on his back. A constant reminder of his days as a prisoner in a hell hole. It had been a minning prison. Mining out precious metals from an unforgiving planet whose heat even reached down into the mines.

He dressed in some clothing he had found in the quarters. Mainly a black t shirt, black pants and his heavy boots. He strapped the twins on and decided to lay down for a bit. He wondered if the old man was right about what he had read on the alien relic. Was there clues to where the second missing planet went. If the Death Star had been any indication of the technology the ancient race had then an entire planet that had been moved out of a star system for what ever reason they had, might contain extrodanary things. Things that might tople the empire once and for all.

The time passed a bit quickly for him, since he driffed off to sleep a bit and by the time he rose from the bed they were but a few minutes away from the Astoriod belt. He made his way back to the bridge just as they came out of the jump. "With your permission captain. " he said as he moved to the pilots chair.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 am

After that initial conversation, Serenity and Kai fell into silence, simply waiting out the trip. And the time passed quite quickly. Serenity realized that she had been daydreaming about anything and nothing as she watched the stars go by and Kai had gone back to studying his console. Then, a few minutes before they dropped out of hyperspace, Serenity had a small idea. "Kai," she said quietly, "As Krell is taking us through the belt, make a note of the course. If things go tits up with him, I wanna be able to get out of here again."
"Way ahead of you Captain." Kai replied just as quietly.
Serenity smiled and turned her chair fully to the console, readying for the slow down. She hit the red button on her comm, "Last stop, the Haven." She said loudly, "Strap it down guys."

"With your permission, Captain."
Serenity turned in her chair quickly and nodded, "As you wish." She said, then waved her hand at the pilot's console. Normally, she dealt with the flying herself, but for this, she was happy to sit back and let Krell do the work. Tapping a button or two on her own console, the pilot's station came to life and Serenity sat back.
Behind them, Kai tapped a few buttons of his own and then sat back in his chair.
"She's all your's Captain." Serenity said to Krell almost courteously, "Be gentle with her."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:21 am

Be gentle with her, he heard Serenity tell him. It made him chuckle. He hoped the old bucket of bolts could hold together with what he had to do. His hands flew over the pilot's consol, the system drive came alive and he moved the ship forward at an ever encreasing speed. "Might want to hand on to something. It is going to be one hell of a ride." He brought the ship into the astoroid belt. it was no ordinary one. The big rocks moved in an almost regular pattern. One had to know the timing along with the path to make it through.

He shot the ship in bringing it close to some of the larger ones, twisting here turning there sharply, corkscrewing the ship around a couple of the larger ones. If his timing was not right around some of the astoriods they would smash into the ship obliterating it. After about twenty minutes of near misses and gut wrenching turns Haven came into view. It was an almost round piece of rock, pockmarked by small cratersIt was a good hundred Kilometers in diameter.. Debrie from the astoriod belt surrounded it at a distance of about Twenty kilometers. There was a massive metal air lock door on the face of the Astoriod. To the right was the metal framework of a fully oprational space dock

"Haven this is Krell. Authentication Alpha 99321, Voice authentication Tango 5439." He radioed Haven.

"Authnetication verified. Welcome home Krell. Where is the Raven and what ship are you on."

"Raven took a bad beeting. Three imperial crusiers jumped us. Seven dead and ten injured." his voice almost cracked as he explained. He took a deep breath, Raven is at Space Port 19 being made space worthy enough to make it here. This ship is the Jezzebell, ship captain Serenity. Open the Airlock, I'm bringing her in."

The huge airlok door opened. Two sectons slid opened and Krell manuvered the ship into the cavernous air lock and the doors closed behind them. Two other ships were with in, both transports. Bringing the ship to a complete stop, enclosed gangways were manuvered to the ships airlock and sealed. He then turned towards Serenity. "Ready to meet your Uncle."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Fort twenty minutes, Serenity hung onto her chair with white knuckles. Surely this man had to be insane!!!! A number of times, she feared him shunting her ship right into one of the asteroids and a number more times, she felt her heart in her throat at the way he slung the Jezabell about like she was a rag doll. So finally, by the time Haven came into sight, she was about ready to plant Krell's face into the floor and stamp it through to the next deck. By some miracle though, they made it and he gave his codes to the control there. After that was done, she looked back to Kai, who looked just as pale and frightened as she felt. But then she saw him smile and knew that despite the terror of flying through this asteroid field, the man had still managed to record every last detail of it. By the time they docked, he would know the exact route they needed to get back out again, including the calculation of the rotation of the asteroids. They would not be under Krell's mercy for long.

Watching carefully, Serenity took in the massive airlock, noting the security around the docking bay and what would be needed to get back out again. The sealed gangways would cause some damage if ripped away and the clamps would most likely rip a bulkhead or two. It gave Serenity pause for thought and she missed Krell talking to her entirely. Another look to Kai told her that his thoughts were almost identical. A quick escape could be fatal after all. Still, she knew Rat would be able to come up with something and Mac would definitely be able to help in that while she and Kai were touring the Haven with Krell. That thought in mind, Serenity tapped the intercom.
"Mac, you there?"
"Sure Ren. Everything ok up there?" Mac answered.
"Peachy." She replied, "Listen. While me and Kai are with Krell, I want you and Rat to stay here and keep Jezabell secured. No-one on or off without my say-so. I don't want anyone here that ain't invited, understand?"
"Absolutely." Mac replied, seeming to understand the hidden message, "We'll keep her safe Ren, don't you worry."
"Thanks, old friend." Serenity said, then looked again to Krell. "Ready to go? I don't wanna have to be here longer than I need to." She got up from her chair. "Lead the way, Captain."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Krell listened to the conversation and he could detect the hidden messeges in their conversations. He often did that himself. But he said nothing. He rose and made for the airlock. When he reached it and opened it he made his way across the gangway and into Haven. He was met by a number of people. He with drew a datapad and handed it to one of them. "This has the names of the dead and wounded." he placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "Make sure all concerned is informed." his voice was solom. It was evident he still felt bad about the loss of his men.

He made his way through corridors that were hewened out by some sort of cutting tool. "Well prepare yourself, you are about to get reaquinted with your Uncle." he told her and he opened a door that lead to the control center of Haven.

An elderly man rose from a consol as he saw who was behind Krell. He looked as if he was somewhat happy to see her yet in an unsure way.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:53 pm

Serenity followed Krell into the Haven, with Kai at her shoulder. Neither would leave anything to chance while they were here. Both stood solemn as Krell handed someone a datapad with the list of dead and injured and then moved on quietly down the corridors. Serenity caught Kai studying the work a few times and understood his seeming awe about it. Indeed, people had worked very hard to create something like this. Finally though, the journey was over and Serenity found herself in the control center. "Wow." She couldn't help it, but she managed to keep her voice down. It really was that impressive and even Kai had to gawk a little... until he spotted Valis Diamond. With a quick nudge to Serenity's ribs, the woman turned to look the same way.

At his post, Valis looked up and gazed with old grey eyes at what he could only think to be his niece. She looked so much like her mother, it seemed unnatural. Yet, he could tell from even this distance, she had her father's attitude. The way she carried herself, it oozed of strength and brass. She had grown so much since the last he'd seen her and even more beautiful. Slowly, the old man stood up from his console and smiled, but he knew why she didn't smile back. He excused himself from his post and moved carefully across the floor. He hadn't aged well and walked with a stoop that told of his many injuries over the years. Valis Diamond was old and he knew it. The smile never left his lips as he reached Serenity. "My dearest girl." he said warmly, "You've grow........."
Serenity's fist seemed to appear out of nowhere as she swung a vicious right hook, right across the old man's cheek. Her eyes were filled with hate and the hurt she had carried for so long.
Valis staggered back, but managed not to fall and quickly held up his hand as three large guards came rushing towards them. "It's ok." He said quietly, "I guess I deserved that."
Serenity swung again without so much as a sound. It struck Valis in almost the exact same spot, this time, splitting open his nose.
Once again, Valis stepped back and held up his hand while the other quickly took hold his his now broken nose. "And that." He spluttered before he dropped the hand and looked Serenity square in the eye. "Any more?"
Serenity clenched her fist for another swing, but found a gentle touch on her shoulder from Kai. "Maybe later." She spat.
"It's still nice to see you." Valis offered as blood poured down his chin.
"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't flatten you."
Valis wiped some of the blood from his face with a kerchief and nodded. "I could give you a few, but the question is. Would you believe me?"
"Not likely." She answered coldly, then turned back to Krell. "Ok, I'm done here."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Krell didn't see the first punch coming but he figured that she would try something since she had said so. The second one he just shook his head. "I think you will want to hear me out." Valis told her before she could leave. "There is much you do not know about your family." he pulled a cloth from his coat and placed it to his nose. "But not here, Please follow me." he moved past them to the exit. Krell looked at Serenity. "Give him a chance.

Krell followed Valis. He knew the old man was wanting to try and make peace with his neice. Valis continued talking as they walked, "You think me horrible for keeping out of your life for not being there when your mother and father died." he looked back at her, "If I had then you and your brother would be in the hands of the Emporer. To him, I was the last, the last of the old emperor's children!" he stopped to see if it began to register with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Serenity scowled at Krell. "The only chance I'd ever give that man is the chance to die with some dignity." She hissed, but after some gentle prodding from Kai, the pair followed Valis and Krell. At first, what the old man was saying was nothing new. She did absolutely hate him for running out on them. But then he said something completely new and Serenity had to stop for a second.

"Excuse me?" She asked, "Would you mind repeating that again? I thought you just said you were one of the Emperor's children."
Valis stopped and turned, "You heard me right Serenity." He said, checking his nose briefly. Yep, definitely broken. "After your father died, I was the last descendant of the old Emperor. Leaving you kids was the only way I could keep him from finding you."
Serenity couldn't believe her ears. "You're insane!" She exclaimed, "Absolutely insane! Do you honestly expect me to believe this shit?"
"Actually, I do." Valis replied calmly, "Diopolis knew about the old bloodlines and traced it to me and your father. Initially, he came after me, being the eldest, but then he learned that Lucian had married. That made him dangerous. Then, when you and Rahma were born, that just made things worse. I did all I could to keep you out of it, but Diopolis just wouldn't give up. He tortured me for years, trying to find out where you and Rahma were." He touched his nose lightly, feeling the sting turn to a deep ache.
Serenity stood for perhaps another minute before turning to Krell. "We're leaving." She told him firmly. "You can find your relics on your damned own."
"Serenity." Valis interupted, "Just wait a minute."
"No!" Serenity yelled back. "You expect me to swallow this shit without question. 15 fucking years, not a single sign of you. Not a word or explaination of what happened. You watched my entire family die and then left me and Rahma alone in the 'verse. You should be grateful I haven't sliced your ass in two for what you did! And I know for fact that he'd say the same fucking thing!"
Valis took a deep breath and chewed his lip. "You're right." He admitted, "I could have done things a lot different, but I've made peace with my choices and thanks to them, you and Rahma are still breathing. And yes, Rahma said pretty much the same thing to me that you've just done. You two are a lot more alike than I could ever have imagined."
Serenity opened her mouth to start again, but stopped just short, changing her mind. "He did?" She asked, blinking dumbly, "You've seen him? Is he here?"
"Yes, yes and yes." Valis replied. "He arrived a couple of months ago. His transport got hit by a cruiser."
Serenity all but fell over herself about then, utterly shocked that her brother would be here. "Where is he?"
"He's around somewhere." Valis replied, seeing how shocked his niece was and possibly a little more willing to listen. "Look Serenity. I'm not lying to you, I've never lied to you and I never will. You and Rahma are the last living descendants of the original Emperor, his grandchildren. As long as you're both still free and running amok in Diopolis' galaxy, you're in danger. Our family aren't pirates by choice Serenity, we're pirates by necessity. Maybe some day you'll understand that."
Serenity stood rock stiff with her eyes cast on the wall. "Does anyone else know about this?" She asked. Valis looked to Krell...........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Krell listened to what Valis was telling Serenity. He had no idea of anything what Valis was saying about him or Serenity and her brother. It blew his mind to find out that Valis was a relative of the Old Emperor and Serenity was the granddaughter of the old buzzard. The Old Emperor had taken over when the Emperor of the old empire died and the rebellion pushed the new empire to where it was. He had brought all the forces of the empire that was left together and repelled the New Republic's attacks. He strengthened and forged a new Empire

He held it together, killing off the old weak govenors of planets and replacing them with those loyal to him. He lived a long life and he took a wife and had children and they had children. He was assanited by the present Emperor. He and others thought the old emperor was becoming soft and the empire would fall. He took power and bean an extermination of the old Emperor's family. But there had been those that thought he should have married one of the female decendents to consolidate his power.

Krell had thought that all of the old emperor's family was dead. He guessed Vails had succeeded in keeping the information from the present emperor. Krell looked at Serenity. "Why would he make up such a lie, one that could very easily be proven one." he was talking of DNA samples. There was still some of the old empror's at the Empire's capital. A sample of her's and Valis would be able to prove it beyond a doubt.

About that time a young man came into the corridor. He stopped and smiled. "Hey Sis."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:56 am

Why would the old man make up such a lie, indeed! For perhaps the first time that year, Serenity was speechless and then it all seemed to compound into madness when she heard a voice she hadn't heard for the better part of five long years.

"Hey Sis."

Times had been good for Rahma, had been being the term. Until a few months ago, the man had practically ruled a fleet of transport ships and he had made a damned good living from it. Once upon a time, he had looked and acted much the same as his twin, but as the years and his wealth had grown, he had acquired some taste and he had become a fine example of a man. Then, four months ago, it had all gone pear shaped. While transporting mining materials to one of the outlying planets of the Nerien system, he had been pounced on by two Empire cruisers. Two of his best ships had been destroyed outright, while a third had barely made it out of the fray. 300 dead souls, 200 of which were unrecoverable. All the materials had been lost along with half the mining workforce. He and a few others had managed to break away while the cruisers finished with the transports and then had bartered their way to Haven for safety. Thankfully, Rahma had managed to save much of the wage he had earned and had paid off what was left of the workers to send them home again. It had still left him with a fair amount and of course, his pride and reputation almost intact.

Then, how much of a surprise it had been when he had come across his old uncle there. Of course, the first thing Rahma did was plant the man's face firmly into a bulkhead, but after a few hours of heart to heart talking, they had reconciled and were now quite friendly with each other. After that, one more shock rocked Rahma as he learned his beloved twin would be arriving. He had dropped everything, literally, to see her as soon as she arrived and from what he heard on the way, she had made quite an entrance. Poor Valis, he had thought, and his poor, suffering face.

Standing now in the corridor as Valis explained things once again, Rahma remained silent and out of the way. He would let his uncle finish and let the information sink in with his sister. He watched closely though, seeing his own expressions on her face and the looks of utter shock on the other two men with her. One he recognized as Krell. He had drank with the man once or twice during his time in Haven, found him quite amenable and friendly to a degree. The other man, he assumed to be personal to Serenity. She kept close to him, showing an inordinate amount of trust in him. Knowing his sister as well as he did, Rahma didn't doubt for a second the second man's loyalty and character. Finally, he made his move. After straightening out his smart slacks and jacket, he came into view and smiled brightly, smoothing back the sort and tidy blond spikes. His blue eyes shimmered with happiness and love. "Hey Sis." He said, then held his arms out in greeting as he watched her almost fall over herself.

Serenity just couldn't believe it! It took less than a second to go screaming into Rahma's open arms, ducking her head straight under his chin and almost disappearing into the man. "Rahma!" She cried, "Rahma, I've missed you so much!"Rahma laughed quietly, lifting his sister into his arms and swinging her about lovingly. "I've missed you too Ren." He replied as he lifted her right up and kissed her on the cheek. From the corner of his vision, he spotted the tall dark haired man coming their way and nodded his head in greeting. "I don't know who you are Sir." he said with respect, "But if you're the one that's looked after her, I'm forever in your debt."
Kai blinked a few times dumbly, then nodded his head with a lopsided grin. "Wow, I knew you guys looked alike, but... wow."
Both Rahma and Serenity laughed before Rahma spoke. "Well, cut me off at the knees and just maybe we'll be the same and maybe get her in something smarter than denim and gun oil."
"No fair!" Serenity protested, "Denim can be smart, but clearly not that smart." she moved back from her brother and took in his attire. "Well, look at you!" She chortled, "All finery and fluff. Clean cut and shaven too, I'm impressed."
Rahma kissed her cheek again and laughed, "And look at you, denim clad and covered in crap. And here was me dreaming you'd actually be a lady once in your life."
The pair laughed and cuddled each other, holding on tight just in case it wasn't actually real.

After a few more minutes, Rahma broke free of his twin and moved towards Krell. "Welcome back." he said to the man, "And thank you for getting her here safely. That means a lot to me, Krell."
"I told you he would Rahma." Valis interupted, "If anyone could get her here, it would have been him."............
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:55 am

Krell watched the whole show as Rahma made his entrance and Ren broke down and suddenly became just an ordinary woman, not the hard nose captain of a pirate vessel. Valis had sent him to find his neice and bring her back so he could finally explain everthing to her and also bring her in on what was going on. He brought her back but at a cost.

Valis looked at Krell seeing the look on his face. "I am deeply sorry for the loss of so many good men Krell." he put a hand on his shoulder. "We need to talk, our search teams out there in the field have uncovered something." Valis opened a door to a room with a large table and several chairs around it. "Come everyone have a seat.

Once everyone was in the room he shut the door and went to the head of the table. "I assume Krell has told you about what was discovered on the surface of this big rock." he looked at Serenity. "We beleive this rock and all the other astoriods in this field were once a planet, one that belonged to the Valara system. It is a long way from that system and a planet does not just move itself. In another astoriod about the size of this one we found what looks to be some sort of engine. But it is all fused together and impossible to recreate. Also there is what appears to be some sort of power source, small enough to fit in the Jezzebel but powerful enough to power that huge engine that was able to move a planet." He then nodded to Krell, who stood up.

This was news to Krell. Such a power source that was small enough to fit in Ren's ship that was that powerful could power an entire planet. More reason to find the second planet. According to what was dechipered from the alien script I have, it seems that there were two planets that left the Valara system. Why we don't know, but from the condition of the other planets in the system, something must have firghtened these people into trying to escape. It looks as what ever it was that frightened them, caught up with this planet and destroyed it, totally.

We hope to find the second planet intact, somewhere. Also that perhaps the race that once inhabited the Valara system is still alive after all these centuries and will be willing to share their technology with us." he looked over at Ren. Her brother already knew everything so the briefing was mainly for her and Kai. "If we do find the planet and no living creatures, perhaps they left behind enought for us to dechpher and enable us to build what ever is needed to bring the empire down, and join with the New Republic.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:56 am

In the large conference room, Rahma took his seat and remained silent. He already knew pretty much everything and his personal attachment to the project as it were. In his own seat, Kai also remained silent, but his mouth hung open quite rudely. He couldn't help it, the poor man was in shock. Serenity too stared in shock, but her mouth stayed neatly closed. She listened intently until all had finished speaking and then spent a good few moments deep in thought. It took her a long time to speak again.

"So what you're both saying," she said quietly, "is that this ancient race managed to build a machine powerful enough to move entire worlds."
"Yes." Valis said as he tapped a small pad on the table. Suddenly, in the middle, a small tripod of holographic emitters powered up and she was actually looking at the machine, or possibly what it would have looked like. "As you can see, it's quite something." Valis continued, "Our engineers have done what they can to create this mock-up for us, but as you can see, it's far removed from anything we've ever encountered. And like I said before, it's been impossible to recreate. We just don't have the means or the technology to."
"And this so called power source will fit inside my baby?" Serenity asked, unbelieving.
"I believe so, Ren, yes." The old man said. "If we can get the two together again, it might just work."
"You're staking a lot on might's and maybe's, Valis." Serenity said cooly, "Particularly me and my baby and my crew."
"I know." Valis replied, "But we have to try, Ren. We've already lost so much trying to fix this thing. Krell lost half his crew just finding you."
Serenity sat back in her chair again and chewed on her tongue. "Finding me?" She asked, "Why am I so damned important all of a sudden? I mean, I'm sorry Krell for you losing your crew and all, but what have I got to do with any of this?"
Valid opened his mouth to speak, but Rahma held up his hand, "If I may, Valis." he said politely. Valis nodded and sat down. "It's not just you, Ren." Rahma said clearly, "It's our entire family, or what's left of it. When Valis first told me the story and the relics they had found, I didn't believe it either until I realized that I had something that was very much the same. Remember those weird plasma blades that Dad gave us before he died?" Serenity nodded in silence. "Well," Rahma continued, "It turned out, these plasma blades come from the same race of people. I let Valis have a look at mine and it's the real deal. Al the engravings and stuff on it are as old as the device itself, so I did a little digging of my own. It turns out that the old Emperor's wife was named Diamond after her father and grandfather etc, all the way back. Dad didn't only give us the namesake but the history with it. Every second generation through Diamond's family were twins and so the relics were passed down through them, finally landing with us. That's why Valis is so keen to find out about this ancient race."
"Ok, I can understand parts of that, Rahma." Serenity said, "But I still don't get the whole moving planets theory."
Rahma smiled and handed the floor back to Valis as it were. Valis smiled and stood up again. "This ancient race seems to have been founded around the twin theory, Ren." He explained, "Everything is paired with something else, twinned if you like. The engine we found works on a twin system with the power source. It's possibly why two planets were moved. I believe the other planet has the twin system to this one." Valid then looked to Krell, "Krell is right. With this, the New Republic might have what it needs to destroy the Empire once and for all. All we need to do is find it."
"Let me guess." Serenity said, "That's where I come in, right?"
Valis nodded, but remained silent, allowing Krell to pick up where he'd left off............
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:05 am

"Originally we were going to use the Raven to hunt for the planet. Since it is more powerful then one of the empire's cruisers it could get out of trouble just as fast as it got into it. But the Raven is not in any shape to do that now, so the Jezzebel will take its place. Like you said there is a lot of ifs here. But with such a power source hooked up to the Jezzebel, not only would she be faster, but her weapons would have a great increase om power and sustainability. Think of that and every ship that we could put that power source on. We might have a chance to take the empire down."

He stood up and walked over to where she was sitting. "But that is not all. You see your family is directly linked here. It seems the old emperor's wife may have been a decendent of that ancient race. We are not sure but we believe they had a power that enabled them to create these super engines and power sources. Perhaps even empowered them with thier unique power. Have you ever heard of an order called the Jedi?" he asked her. He had just learned of the order himself. The empire had wiped it from everthing possible and those generations that had any knowledge of it were now dead. But once it had been a powerful force in the Old Republic and dstroyed by the Empire.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Once again, Serenity spent a great deal of time in thought before she answered. There was so much going through her skull right then that she felt she needed time to consider everything before making a decision. Never for one single minute did she ever imagine herself and her family so important in the grand scheme of things. They were pirates, mercenaries, bootleggers even. And now she was learning that her family dated back to some ancient race that could move whole planets? It all just seemed so impossible and completely out of the 'verse! She knew absolutely nothing about the Jedi. There was nothing ever written that she had seen, or people that she had met, but then, remnants of the Old Republic were scarce and information was even rarer still. She could believe that the Empire had wiped them all out. After all, it had always been the victors that wrote the history. Losers were barely mentioned in passing. It all felt a little too much for her to take in.

With Krell still stood almost over her, Serenity moved her chair back and stood up. From there, she moved around the back of the chair and leaned on it before moving away once again to wander around the room. This troubled Valis and he made a move towards her.
"Don't." Rahma put up his finger to stop Valis interfering, "She needs time to think."
"Time we don't realy have." Valis said firmly.
"There is always time and right now, she needs hers, so let her alone." Kai interjected firmly.
Valis looked to Kai firmly, "And you are?"
"My name is Kai." He said, "And I've been with Serenity a lot of years. She is my captain and my best friend, so lay off, ok."
"Listen Kai." Valis said firmly, "I don't think you understand the weight of this situation."
"Actually." Rahma pipped, "I think he does, so let your niece have her time."

All the while, Serenity seemed to wander around the room in a daze. She was so deep in thought that she didn't hear what was being said around her, she had literally zoned them all out. It was hard for her to imagine it all. Her whole life had been a lie. All this time, she had been physically related to the Empire, one of the Emperor's own offspring no less. Her whole life, she had been taught that the Empire was evil, ruled by an evil man that wanted nothing more than to conquer and destroy everything he touched. And now she had learned that she had been a part of that. It made her sick to the core. As the emotions washed over her, the room seemed to chill, an atmosphere that felt icy and unnerving. Serenity even shuddered with it, such was the weight of it all on her. Eventually, she couldn't take it anymore and made for the door.

"Ren!" Valis called, "Where are you going? Come back! We need to decide on this!"
Both Rahma and Kai were quick to their feet. "Let her go." Kai said.
"I'll talk to her." Rahma offered, but Kai shook his head.
"She won't talk, Rahma." She told the other man, "Not yet. Maybe when she's calmed down a little, then you can try, but for now, it's best to let her go."
Rahma gave a small shudder and turned back to Valis, who also seemed to shudder. "I hope I'm not the only one that felt that." The old man asked cautiously, "Because that was highly unpleasant."
Rahma and Kai both noded silently, then Kai looked to Krell...........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:40 pm

She definately showed the sign of having the ancient ability. He had wondered why there had been a rounding up of people when the old emperor had come to power. It was written only as a purge of the weak and sujpporters of the old emperor. But Krell had a feeling that it was more then that. When he was in the academy while growing up, he had snuck into a section of the academy off limits to all but a few. He was able to explore the section of the academy. He found an old book. Rare for the time. It contained the story of an order of men and women of different races, called the Jedi. They had been defenders of the people and had kept order in the Old Republic. Their powers, something called the Force. In it also was a reference to the old ones, that had taught their ways to a number of people that had interbread with them. He had thought noting of it, thought it a ficonal story.

Now he had a feeling that it had not been a mere story but history. Now he felt that Serenity and her brother were a remenance of that old race, that they had traveled to another part of the galaxcy and had set up a colony, before the destruction of their civilization the Valara system.

Krell ignored what Kai and Jen's brother said and went after her. It would not be good for her to be alone. Especially with untested, untrained abilities that could wreak havoc in a place that a mear breach in the place could spell death to so many people.

He caught up with her. "Serenity, wait." he called to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. tirmomg her to face him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:50 pm

In the conference room, Kai and Rahma could only shake their heads, If Krell wanted to have his face rearranged, then so be it, Kai thought, then looked to Rahma. "Listen pal, I don't know you, but I could do with some serious drink. Wanna join me?"
"Absolutely."

Serenity had made it a good few corridors back towards the Jezabell when Krell had finally caught up with her and she really wasn't in the best mood. She heard him calling her name, but ignored it. It was only until Krell physically touched her and turned her to face him that she finally reacted. Though, oddly enough, she didn't throw a punch, nor did she turn her head to butt him. All she did was place her hand neatly over his and squeeze tightly. Whether Krell reacted to his hand being crushed so firmly, was up to him, but Serenity made no notion of letting go. "Leave me alone." She demanded as she began to pull his hand away from her shoulder. "I really don't want to talk to anyone right now." Her eyes glittered with something very close to tears, but they seemed shy of actually breaking free. Her whole persona seemed distant and the hurt and confusion was plain as the lights over their heads. Then, out of the complete blue as it were and utterly unlike Serenity, she said quietly.... "Please."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Krell let go of her but turned his hand to take hers in his. "I know it is alot to comprehend and understand. I have found that it helps if one has another to talk to, talk things out. Keeping things bottled up doesn't do any of us any good." his voice was soft and compassionate. "There is alot at stake here and you and your brother can make such a differnce for all the people in the empire."

He lifted her chin up so she could look into his eyes. "I felt the same way you are feeling when I was showed the true side of the Empire. How everything I had been taught was a lie and I had been a part of something that had hurt so many people. But that old pirate, would not leave me seething with anger and hurt. He stayed even though it could mean his death, to listen to me rant and rave until I had it all out of my system and come to see that I could try and make amends. So if you wish to have some one listen, know that I will." he then let go of her hand and chin.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:42 am

There wasn't much that Serenity could say. On many levels, Krell did understand what she was going through, but at the same time, there were many things that he just couldn't possibly understand. True, he had once been an imperial and he had fought for the Empire, but that was very different from being actually related to it. Serenity was the granddaughter of possibly the most evil man in history. How could that possibly compare to his life?

Slowly, Serenity shook her head and pulled her hand away from Krell's. "There's been plenty enough said already." She told him quietly. "You can use Jezabell for what you need and my crew if they're willing to help you, but from here on out; I want nothing to do with it." She seemed distant and cold, but in truth, it was her only manner of defense. "If you need anything else, I'll be in my quarters." And she turned to leave...........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:27 am

As Serenity turned to leave, Krell prepared himself for what might follow. "Is this the Serenity that has made a name for herself by being one of the most bigest pains in the side of the Empire? The same Serenity that many have come to fear, admire and wish to emulate? The same Serenity that never gave up no matter what happened?"

He could not believe that she would just turn her back on them. Yes she was apart of the once ruling family of the New Empire, but being related to them was far from being apart of it. In fact being related to the old emperor and fighting against what he had created and stood for would say alot more to the people of the empire then mear words.

He again took her by the arm and spun her around to face him and grabbed her other arm. "Yes it is hard finding out who you really are, but you have done nothing that destroyed the lives of so many people. You have fought the empire, stolen valuble cargos from them, hurt it. What the old empror started and did to consolidate the New Empire, you have done the opposite. You have given those oppressed by the empire hope and a hero to look up to." he knew what he was talking about. As an imperial officer, he had done much to destroy peoples lives, all in the name of the empire. He had thought it his duty, privliage to destroy rebels and those that supported them. He had been taught from birth that the empire was the only hope for everyone, that what he did was for the betterment of everyone. How many lives had he snuffed out, how many dreams had he shattered.

He now was trying to make up for those mistakes, but the memories would haunt him all his days.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:53 am

Serenity threw his hands off her and stepped back. "Hope?" She asked, "What the fuck would I know about hope, huh?!" It wasn't often Serenity swore. She gave a sarcastic snort of laughter. "Yes, I admit I'm one hell of a pain in the ass for the Empire, I've had them chasing their tails more often than I dare to count, but never once have I ever tried to be something I'm not, Krell. But I'm not the person you seem to imagine I am. And I'm no damned hero either. I'm just a pirate, Krell. A good one, but a pirate just the same. The Empire isn't the only one I've robbed over the years, so don't you dare give me that crap about bringing hope to these people. I've probably ripped off half the people here! And giving up? Ha!" She folded her arms briefly and chewed her tongue. "If I didn't give up at least once, I'd be dead or worse. Me and the Diamond Dogs are not here to help the Rebellion. We're here to help ourselves, Krell. And when we get what we want, we move on to the next chump."

With a wave of dismissal, Serenity turned around again and started walking, but stopped again after a few yards and turned back once more. "You know." She continued, "If I wanted to be admired and emulated and all that shit, I would have stayed with Rahma. He's actually helped people. Maybe you should be persuading him instead of me, you'd probably get a lot further. He's the good guy, not me and not my Dogs, understand?"

She was stalling and she knew it, anything to not have to deal with what had just landed on her. And it didn't help that Krell was trying his best to make her out to be something good. Indeed, over the years, she had robbed just as many civilians and Rebels as she had Imperials. She just hadn't cared about it. The war hadn't been hers to fight, it had nothing to do with her or her crew unless there could be money made from it. Unlike her brother, Serenity had reveled in her selfishness, sharing with her crew and only her crew. How odd it seemed then that despite everything, people actually looked up to her. She found it strange..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:41 am

Krell knew that her crew would not do anything without her. They would not obey another captain, and certainly not put their lives on the line unless she did. "If that is how you feel then we will just wait for the Raven to return. Your brother has already agreed to help. He was hoping you would also. I will tell Valis and have your ship cleared to leave when you desire."

There had been discussions on the dangers of having t he Raven going to the Valara system. The imperials wanted her back and having it show up there and park in orbit for an uncertain time would only invite imperial crusiers. It was dangerous before, and even more dangerous now since she was in such bad shape. Krell shook his head and turned and began walking back towards the conference room.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:23 am

Serenity watched Krell's back closely as he left her there in the corridor. With every step he took, she began to feel something rise in her throat. She wouldn't have guessed at the time, but it was guilt. She stood there for perhaps another moment or two and then started walking in her own direction. However, it did not take her back to the Jezabell. Instead, she found herself on something close to a promenade,

It took a few moments to register that she had taken a wrong turn, but it was too late now to quibble over it. Perhaps a drink or three would make her feel better, but as she wandered towards a tavern, she found she couldn't actually stomach it. So instead, she went wandering further. It took her the length of the promenade and then back again until she found somewhere to sit down. A railing between the upper and lower promenade decks. In silence, Serenity watched the people go past around and below her. As she watched, she began thinking over everything that had been said and done that day. It all seemed surreal against the common goings on of the Haven. Sure, there was a heavy Rebellion feel to the place, but amongst all that, she saw ordinary people. She saw parents with their children, shuttling them around in those odd hovering buggies, or carrying them on their hips. She saw people in their stalls, selling and buying. For all want and purpose, it seemed like an ordinary place... that just happened to be a Rebellion strong hold on an asteroid in the middle of nowhere. Then, just out of her left peripheral, she spotted a small group of children playing together. Serenity found herself unable to look away as they chased each other about with imaginary guns that were in fact plastic rods.

"You'll never catch me, Imperials!" One boy cried to his friend, "No-one can catch Krell and the Raven!" He fired his imaginary gun at the second boy, who dodged out of the way and laughed.
"Bet I can!" The second boy cried while a third seemed to pounce on them both.
"Diamond Dogs to the rescue!" The third cried.

Perched on her railing, Serenity couldn't help but laugh out loud. "What under the stars?"

The first and third boy ganged together and fired their 'guns' at the second boy, chasing him towards the railings, "Pirates, pirates! Oh no!" Suddenly... BUMP.
Serenity found herself having to cling on tightly as the boy literally knocked into her back and she quickly hopped back down. All three boys stopped dead and stared at Serenity, probably thinking they were in trouble. "Careful there lads." She said with a smile, "I hear there's Imperials around."
The first boy smiled, then the second, finally the third. "Are you a pirate?" Asked the second.
"She looks like one." Said the first.
Serenity crouched down a little, "Yes." She admitted, never losing the smile, "I'm a pirate alright. The baddest, most fearsome one this side of the 'verse." She gave a mock grimace, then laughed almost happily.
"What's your name?" Asked the third boy.
"Serenity." She replied.
"Like the Diamond Dog pirate?" The first asked with wide eyes.
"The same." Serenity replied, just as she spotted what looked like a rather irate father coming her way. "Uh oh." She said quietly, "Don't look, but I think we got a big Imperial heading this way." Another giggle as all three boys turned about and the third one shrank back.

"What have I told you about talking to strangers?!" The angry looking man shouted at his son. The boy whimpered lightly as the other two seemed to disappear.
"It's my fault Sir." Serenity said, standing up straight again, "I meant no harm, I promise." She gave him a warm smile and ruffled the boy's hair. "You have a fine boy here, with dreams of piracy, it seems."
The father calmed down and laughed, "Yeah." he chortled, "The Diamond Dogs. They're all he talks about."
Serenity could have beamed with pride. "Really." She said, giving the boy a sly wink. "What's his name?"
"Yeah. His name is Reese and he thinks himself the leader's second in command."
Serenity crouched down again and grinned at the boy. "Oh, he does, does he?" She mused, rubbing her chin in mocked thought. "Well, I'm pretty sure she could put him to some good use one day. How's your navigation, Kiddo? Can you tell me the course between Naboo and Corrisant?"
The boy beamed with a grin as he answered, "294, mark 80." He chimed, "Straight through Smuggler's Nebula!"
Serenity chortled with laughter again and ruffled his hair once more. "I'm impressed, really." Then she looked back up at the father, who finally seemed to twig and she gave him a knowing smile. "Give it a few more years and you'll have one hell of an adventure on your hands, Sir."
The man nodded with pride, "It'll be hard letting him go." he said, "But I have the feeling you'll take god care of him... Miss Diamond."
Serenity righted herself a second time and nodded, holding out her hand to the man. "It's just Serenity." She said warmly, "And thank you."
"For what?"
"You and Reese here just reminded me of something important. Something I thought I'd lost a long time ago." She ruffled the boy's hair again a final time. "Take care of yourselves and I'll be seeing you soon." And with that, she literally sprinted from the promenade to find Krell and Valis..............
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:45 am

Krell walked back to the confernce room. It took him some time. He stopped and talked to a few people that offered their condolences at the loss of those crewmembers. Kai and Rahma had evidently left, but Valis was sitting there as he walked in. "She doesn't want anything to do with it." he told him. "Guess she just wants to be a pirate and just make money for herself and her crew."

Valis shook his head. "I had hoped she would be more like her brother. Yes he sees the potential for a profit in it all but he also sees the means to the end of the empire." he rose from his seat, "So what will you do now. Your's is the only real ship we have. The other priate captains I don't trust. They would as soon turn us over to the empire for the rewards on our heads, then join our cause."

"We will wait for the Raven to return. Fix her up as fast as we can or make what repairs we can and then head out. I'll be needing to replace a few of the men as they will not be fit for duty for some time." Krell turned to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:50 am

Serenity almost barreled her way through the |Haven in search of the conference room and by the time she finally made it there, she could barely stand without shaking. She opened the door just in time to hear Krell finish and turn around. "Even if you did find the men to replace those you lost." She interjected breathlessly, "You'll still be sitting ducks for he Empire."

Across the room, Valis suddenly smiled a smile he hadn't for many years. "Ren!" He choked, "You're back!"
Serenity entered the room and straightened out her coat, "Stories of my departure are greatly exagerated." She told the old man, then looked at Krell. She gave him half a smile that turned into a full one. "You didn't tell me I had future recruits in the Haven, Krell." What he understood or wanted to understand of her statement was up to him...........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Krell was a bit surprised when Serenity came barreling in. But from her smile and that of Valis, he knew she had changed her mind. What ever her reason it was good news. He shut the door and stood there waiting to see what she had to say. Here comment about future recruits in Haven, had him a bit bewildered.

Valis rose and met her halfway. "Does this mean that you will be joining Krell and your brother?" he asked her. The old man was smiling ear to ear. Things were looking better and Valis was again hopeful that they would be able to bring down the empire.

Krell leanded against the wall and asked, "What made you change your mind?" had it been something he said or was it something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next