The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All In The Game

2 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

All In The Game - Page 3 Empty Re: All In The Game

Post by LadyRaven Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Serenity gave herself a moment to catch her breath and calm down again. To her uncle, she nodded. "Yes, Valis, I'm coming along." Then to Krell. She turned around to face him fully. "I was watching some children playing on the promenade and it struck a chord with me." She said, "Especially when one of the children, a boy named Reese, pounced on his friends, screaming Diamond Dogs to the rescue." She laughed and shook her head. "I don't know. Maybe it was something you said earlier, or Reese's father telling me how much he wanted to be one of my Dogs. He reminded me of, well, me, you know? And it made me think over what you said to me. About people looking up to us pirates, wanting to be like us. I'm a sponge for attention, you know that better than anyone. Ahh, forget it, I'm just blowing gas. Anyways, like Valis said, I'm back, so let's just get on with it."

From the tale, Valis could have jumped with joy. And he would have if the interrogator hadn't broken his hip all those years ago. "Whatever your reasons, it's good to have you back, Ren." He said, "And I'll have a look into this Reece boy and see what he's made of."
"Well, he could give me the exact course and even name the route needed from Naboo to Corrisant without even thinking about it." Serenity said, "That should say something for him already."
"How old is he?"
"I'd say maybe nine, ten year at most."
Valis lifted his eyebrow in shock, "Impressive." He said, "Reminds me of a young upstart I once knew."
"Who?" Serenity asked.
Valis smiled warmly, "You."
Serenity turned a slight shade of crimson and coughed into her hand. "Ok, enough with the jovials." She ordered, "If Jezabell is gonna make it all the way to the Valara System and back in one piece, she's gonna need some help. She's been serviced good enough, but she needs some major upgrades and an overhaul if she's gonna have any chance of outrunning cruisers again. What have you got here, Krell, that can make that difference?"..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Krell listened to her talk. It made him smile when she talked about the children. He knew them, well he almost knew everyone that was in Haven. He was the one that had brought them there. Their families had been on a freighter trying to escape the Empire when a crusier chased them. The engines were hit and the ship was dead in space. A distress call had been sent out, why Krell really never knew. Perhaps it was an automated one, something to do with the damaged engines. The Raven had picked it up and being a bit odd Krell decided to check it out since it was so close.

He popped out of the jump drive and just in time. The cruiser was just about to blow the defenseless ship to pieces. The Engineer of the Raven give the girl everything she had and more to the engines that day. She lept inbetween the two ships taking the laser cannons blasts and returning fire. The imperial captain wanted nothing to do with the Raven, being alone and out gunned and ran for it. Instead of the New Republic, the passengers wound up in New Haven where they began a new life and enjoyed the freedom they wanted.

"Yeah he is a real eager beaver that one is." Krell said. "When the Raven is in him and his pals are always sneaking on board and listening to stories that the crew will tell them and try to learn everything they can. Did you see the little girl, the little red headed one? She wants to be just like you and has a bit of a following. I think Reese is one of them." Most of the young ones like Reese were looking forward to becoming pirates, so they could wreak havoc on the empire.

To her question about her ship he nodded. "You seen the repair dock when we came in. It is fully operational and has everything you will need. You can pull the Jezzebell in there an in a couple days old girl will be humming like a new lady and with sharp teeth to bite with. You only have the Mark III Lasers, We have the new Mark V's. We took them from an imprial freighter two weeks ago. They are a rare one. Only the Raven has them that I know of. The element in them is rare here in the empire." They would make the Jezzebell a big surprise for any imperial that tangled with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 am

Serenity smiled warmly, "He'll probably be down there later on then, having a look at Jezabell." She said before considering the weapons upgrades he was talking about. "Wow, Mark V's, I'm impressed. She'll have some real claws then if we come across some Imperials. Not sure about the power outage though, she might need more than just the weapons upgraded." She then slipped briefly into thought. "Her ion drive should cope pretty well though with a few tweaks. Mac's been wanting to get her engines overhauled for a while. One thing though. The weapons and all will be a great help, but what about her shielding? I've not been able to upgrade that, so she still only has the basic pulse and rotation shields. Can I assume you have plans for that too?" she ten looked around the room. "By the way, where's Kai and Rahma?"

"I would suggest the closest tavern." Valis stepped in, "After what happened earlier, they decided to have a few and calm down. You left quite an atmosphere when you got upset."
Serenity cocked an eyebrow at her uncle, "Uh, ok, whatever you say." She replied, not having a single clue what Valis was talking about.
"Right then, let's get on with things, shall we?" The old man offered and made his way to the door. "Krell, would you walk with me please, I need a quiet word."
Serenity nodded her head and also made for the door. "I'll see you all later then." She said and then disappeared down the corridor.

Valis made sure Serenity was out of earshot before he spoke to Krell. He walked slowly so he could concentrate, but also to increase the chance of spotting others coming. Once he wasabsolutely sure no-one was listening, he half turned his head towards Krell and cupped his hands behind his staggered back. "I've asked a lot of you these past years, son." He began quietly, calling Krell by that familiar reserved only for him, such was his affection for the younger man. "You're the closest thing I've ever had to a son of my own and I've trusted you with far more than I could ever trust with another. I know that it's come with a heavy price, especially this time in finding Ren, but I have yet more to ask of you." He took a deep breath before he continued, still keeping his voice as low as possible.

"While you were gone, I received word from one of my contacts in the new Senate. It was about Serenity. Initially, I knew that Diopolis had started tracing Rahma. His work and wealth had put him on the radar as it were. I think that was why his caravan was destroyed. Diopolis hoped to kill him and end our line under the belief that Ren had been killed years ago. My contact told me that the Emperor had found out the truth. He still wants Rahma dead, but he wants Ren more and he wants her alive." The old man swallowed deeply and turned to face Krel fully now. "I need you to protect her, Krell. No matter what happens, he must never get to her. Only you and I will know about this and you mustn't breathe a word about it to anyone. Not even Ren." He could feel the question of why coming, so carried on before he could be interrupted.

"Over the past few weeks, Diopolis has been making arrangements for a formal union on Corellia. My contact was privy to information surrounding the cause and design of it. In the most basic terms, it's a preparation for a royal wedding. With Serenity's name on the documents, you can fathom the rest." Valis looked Krell square in the eye and placed both hands on the other man's shoulders. "Whatever it takes, Diopolis cannot get his hands on Ren. I'm entrusting her to you, son. At any cost, understand?".........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 am

Krell listened to Valis after Serenity had left. The emperor it looked was now trying to consolidate his position, once and for all. He was still weak without a royal wedding. Only his control over the imperial fleet kept him in control for now. However if some of the captains of those ships were to fall away from him and join with one or more of the oposition, he would have a civil war on his hands, along with a rebelion. "I'll take care of her." he told Valis. "The emperor will not get his hands on her or Rahma." he placed a hand on Valis shoulder.

He then turned and followed after Ren. When he caught up to her he told her to find Kai and her brother and meet him at the air lock to the gangway to her ship. He then went to the control center of Haven and put out the call for the Repair Dock crews to report and begin reoutfitting the Jezzebel.

By the time he reached the air lock crews were already making for the repair Dock and in tow were the Mark V's, engine parts, shield generators, hull plating, the works. Watching from a view port was a young girl with red hair. She wore denim pants, knee high boots, a white shirt, and denim coat. The look on her face was priceless, such awe and excitement. She turned and saw Krell standing there. "Is she really here? Captain Serenity? Reese said she was, said he saw her. I didn't believe him till I saw the Jezzabell. What is she really like? Is she like the stories your crew and others tell?"

Krell grinned and squatted down to her level. She was about 11 or twelve years old. "Why don't you ask her yourself." he turned her around so she could see Serenity, Rahma and Kai approaching.. Her eyes went wide and her jaw dropped. The look on her face made Krell smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:01 pm

Serenity did as Krell asked her to and went to find her brother and Kai. She found them pretty much where Valis had said and laughed loudly when she spotted the pair not only half way drunk, but very much vocal for some local girls. And by vocal, they were actually attempting to serenade them. Not that they had much luck, the girls seemed intent on doing their job, cleaning tables and ordering drinks for customers. She managed to pull them away, after making sure they paid their bar bill first and then marched them both back towards the docking bay. The walk seemed to sober them back up again though Rahma still showed a sign or two that he hadn't quite managed it.

As Serenity arrived, she spotted Krell talking with a young girl all dressed up in denim. She couldn't have been more than 12 years old. Ad when the girl was turned around to face her, she was treated to such a sight, she couldn't help but smile. This had to be the young redhead Krell had been talking about. In an instant, the girl was racing up to her, seeming to compose herself again at the last second, though she could see the excitement buzzing through the young one.

"Are you really her, really, really her?"
Serenity smiled and ducked down a little. "The one and only." Se replied.
"Wow!" The girl exclaimed, "This is so cool! Is it true about what you did to the Empire?"
Serenity furrowed her brow a second, "You'll have to be a little more specific, Sweetie."
The girl was literally jumping around in her boots. "You know what I mean!" She squeaked, "When you robbed the Nubien Intergalactic Consort. You outran three Imperial Cruisers and the Emperor's personal guard, and a bounty hunter and half the Nubien Army!"
Serenity snorted a laugh and shook her head, "Wow!" She said, still chuckling, "I really did all that huh?"
The girl nodded proudly, "Yup." She said, "Krell told me all about it."
"Oh, he did, did he." Serenity lifted an eyebrow at the other captain before she answered the girl's question. "Well, if Krell said I did, then I must have. But the three Imperials cruisers weren't all that fast to begin with and the other half of the Nubien Army were away on other duties. As for the bounty hunter, he was just half rate at best. I must have missed the personal guards chasing me, but then, my ship here is one of the fastest around.... next to the Raven, so it's possible."
The girl crinkled her nose a little, feeling a bit let down by the true story, "But you did rob the Consort, didn't you?"
Serenity laughed again, "Oh, absolutely!" She replied.
"And you helped free slaves on Tattoine with it?"
Serenity's eyes went wide. She had never helped the slaves there. She had simply won them in a bet and then left them on a space port to make their own way. But she couldn't upset the girl any further and so nodded with a smile. "Yes." She said, "I freed them and then took them to a space port so they could have decent lives."
The girl beamed with smiles again and hugged Serenity. "I knew you would!"
Serenity wasn't quite sure what to do at that point, so carefully pulled the child back and smiled. "Why don't you run along now and play while us lot get the Jezabell looking her best. Then maybe, if your mum and dad let me, I'll take you and your friends on a tour around the ship. I'll even let you sit in the captain's chair. Hows that?"
The girl started jumping up and down again in excitement, nodded, and then ran off to tell her friends.

Serenity stood back up again and cocked her eyebrow at Krell. "That's quite a reputation you're giving me there, Krell." She told him, "Half the Nubien Army and the Emperor's own personal guard as well as three cruisers?" She laughed, shook her head and went into the airlock to her ship...........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Krell chuckled. "Well it had truth to it and a bit of an exasseration made it even more exciting." then he got a bit serious. "These kids and their families had everything stripped from them by the empire. These stories, most of them true but some streached, have given them hope and some one to look up to. It is all they really got, and it is my way of giving back something that I stole from so many when I was an imperial officer." He walked with her to the Jezzebel. Once on board the gangway was retracted and the ship was freed from her moorings. The great outer doors opened so that the Jezzebel could be moved out and into the Repair Dock where everything was being assembled. "By the time we are done with her, she will be a tiger in sheeps clothing."

Two days later, the engines purred like a kitten, the Mark V's were in place along with new hull plating and shield generators. She seemed to give a glow of contentment as she was once more brought into the huge hanger of the Haven. Once the gangway was attached and she was moored again The little girl, Jenny, the boy Reese and four others were at the air lock waiting when it opened. All six were had broad smiles and eager faces. "Looks like your future recruits are eager for a tour of the Jezzable." Krell grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri May 01, 2009 7:54 am

The two days had been spent well and had gone quickly. Serenity never hesitated in getting greased up and filthy with the rest of her crew and the repair teams. If anything, she had impressed a few of them with her skill in mechanics. Mac, Rat and Slyder were in their element and soon enough, the Jezzabel looked as good as new, only much, much better. She looked fit for battle and then some. Al the upgrades had been managed perfectly and when Serenity heard the engines fire up after the refit, she had actually purred along with them.

Moving back into the docking bay, Serenity carefully guided the Jezzabel back to her bay and then sighed with satisfaction at the thunk of the airlock being engaged. Serenity smiled back at Krell as he told her about the children waiting. She nodded and went to meet them at the airlock. The pressure had barely equalized before all six were pushing their way onto the ship and Serenity found herself a little floundered in controlling them all. "Easy there guys!" She exclaimed with surprise, "There's plenty to see and room for everyone!"
"I wanna see the bridge!" Jenny demanded.
"I wanna see the engines!" Cried a smaller boy.
"I wanna see the navigation room!" Reese demanded.
"One thing at a time!" Serenity ordered, then put her hands on her hips. "We'll start in the engine room and work our way up." She got some moans and groans and then clapping and laughter from the smallest boy.

Mac was happy to show the kids around the engine room, explaining how things worked and what did what for whatever purpose on the ship. He let them handle a few of his tools and showed the kids how to use them and whatnot. Jenny and Reese stayed closer to Serenity, asking a few of their own questions, which Serenity was happy to answer best she could. From there, she showed them the galley and the storage bays where Rat was keen to show them all some of his junk. He even built them all small trinkets to play with later on. From there, it was up through the cabin deck where Serenity reluctantly showed them her quarters and some of the others to show them how they lived. She explained the intercom system and then led them up to the bridge.

Jenny went immediately for the captain's chair while Reese went for the navigation and telemetry console. Serenity found herself flustered again and having to have eyes in the back of her head as all the kids seemed to split up and find something different to look at and fiddle with. She had a close call with Jenny as the girl started pressing buttons on the piloting commands. Thankfully, the engines only turned over and didn't fire fully. It got her a small reprimand from mac over the comm which she then passed onto Jenny in the manner of, "Look, don't touch!" The tour and playtime carried on for another hour, ending in a race back to the airlock. A few of the children's parents were waiting on the other side, including the smallest boy's mother. Serenity recognized the woman briefly, but passed it off as unimportant. However, the mother clearly did not.

"Ms Diamond?"
Serenity smiled, "Serenity, please." She replied.
"Serenity." The mother said politely. "My name is Becca and this is my son Reiley. Don't you remember us?"
Serenity furrowed her brow and shook her head, "Sorry, but should I?"
Becca smiled politely again, "You transported us from Tattoine a few years ago. We belonged to Juma the Hutt."
The recognition set in again and Serenity nodded with a smile. "Oh yes!" She said, "I remember you now. I left you and your friends at Space Port 12. It's good to see you here."
"Yes." Becca said, "We've made a good life here, thanks to you."
"I'm glad you've done well." Serenity replied honestly, "And Reiley here is a real treat. He's grown a lot since I last saw you then. He was only a toddler, I think."
"Yes, he doesn't remember much of Juma, thankfully. There are a few others that came here with me that would love to thank you themselves. We'd love it if you and your crew would have dinner with us."
"Wow, um, thanks." Serenity said, "Um, when we get finished up here and stuff, we'll come and see you."
Becca smiled brightly, "We run the Haven Cantina on the lower promenade." She then looked to Krell, "You're more than welcome too Krell, if you like? We haven't seen you for an age either. I'm sorry to hear about Sparrow and the others. They were good men.".......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 9:12 am

Krell had to laugh as the youngsters jumped up and down and as they were given the grand tour of the ship were eager to learn everything they could. It seemed the little lad Reiley was a natural for engineering. He already could talk shop with Mac going over numbers and retios. Mac Was quite impressed with the lad. He had a good start and seemed to be a fast learner.

Jenny was a fireball already. When she went for the captains chair upon entry on the bridge, her eyes were lit up and full of excitement. She was not quite big enough to fill out the seat but in a few years she could be sitting there giving commands. Reese was pushing button on the Navigation console, bringing up start charts and going over courses from one planet to another. This little guy also had the apptituide to be a first class navigator. It was amazing what they knew and could do. They were learning fast from all those that were there at Haven.

When they finally were taken off the ship, and Reiley's mother appeared and talked to Serenity, Krell was quite proud of the children. They would be a good crew one day. Krell nodded as the woman gave her condolences. "We will be glad to come." he told her and then took Serenity by the arm and lead her away. "Quite the up coming pirate crew don't you think?" he asked her.

Vails walked up to them as they seperated from the children. "Well it looks as if your ship is ready for anything. Got a coded message form Valara Prime. The professor has found something. It sounded like he was very excited about it. Hope you will be ready to get underway soon."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri May 01, 2009 9:34 am

Serenity raised an eyebrow as Krell took hold of her arm. She knew that he didn't mean anything by it, but the idea he could be so liberal about it was something of a quirk. She did have to agree though, the children would make a fine crew. "Most definitely. Jenny, Reese and Reiley would be my first choices, though I think I'd have to keep a tight leash on Jenny until I was ready to retire." She gave a small laugh and then looked up to find Valis talking to them.

He had a coded message from Valara Prime. She nodded in understanding. "Well, we could probably leave by tonight at the earliest, or maybe tomorrow morning. We've been invited to dinner at the Cantina. And I think a short reunion for the crew would be nice too. It seems I'm a little more memorable than I first assumed." She gave a small laugh, then looked at her tattered clothing. She'd been working hard and her jeans were pretty much ruined with grease. "And I think I'd better get cleaned up proper too. Can't go to dinner looking like this."..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Valis nodded. He was eager to get Krell and Serenity off to see what the Professor had found. He could only hope that they would find the missing planet before the empire knew that it even existed. The race was long gone from the part of the galaxcy where the New Empire was. Somewhere in the New Republic might be another reminence of it, if indeed they were the ancestors of the Jedi.

He looked at Serenity. He could see she was very much into everything that went on aboard the Jezzebel. He chuckled and nodded. "I think that would be the best course of action. Enjoy yourself. Let me know when you are ready to depart." He then left Krell and Serenity alone.

"Well there are quarters here on Haven. A bit more roomy then those aboard the Jezzebel. Comes complete with showers and other comfortable items. " he guided her towards these quarters. When the came to them he opened one that was empty. "Just use the comm and order what you need for clothes. They will be delivered before you finish your shower." The place inside was comfortable looking with cushioned chairs, and couch.
A seperate room held a large soft bed, closet space and a room off of that was the bathroom with a shower. "I'll be at my quarters on the upper level." he told her. As he talked to her he could not help but look her up and down again as he had several times in the last couple days.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed May 06, 2009 8:52 am

Serenity spent several minutes looking around the rooms. It reminded her of an apartment she had stayed in once on Naboo. It was tastefully decorated, simple, yet comfortable. Various windows showed parts of the complex and a view into the asteroid field. It was all quite homely. Krell told her all she needed to know and she nodded with thanks. She noticed him looking her up and down again, but said nothing. "I'll keep that in mind." She replied as he told her he would be on the next level. She then politely closed the door.

First thing was first. Serenity went to the comm. "Hello?"
"Yes?" Came the reply.
"I was told I could order some clothes to be delivered to my room." She told the voice.
"Of course." The voice replied, "What would you like delivered and which room are you in?"
Serenity gave a small smile, not that it mattered. "I need a smart outfit for dinner out." She said, "Delivered to room 402, lower deck."
"Yes, of course, Miss Diamond." The voice said. Clearly, Krell had told them her room number. "May I ask please, what size?"
Serenity blinked a few times in shock, "Uh." No-one had ever asked her that before, but then, she'd usually picked out her own clothes. "I'm not entirely sure."
"That's ok." the voice told her, "I'll send a few items down in different sizes."
Serenity sighed with relief, "Thank you." She said and moved away from the comm.

The shower was blistering hot and utterly wonderful. Serenity carefully scrubbed every inch of herself, making sure her skin was spotless. She washed her hair twice just to make sure it was clean and then spent a good ten minutes conditioning it again. What went down the drain was almost black, such was the grease and dirt she had gathered over the last couple of days. By the time she was finished, the woman was squeaky clean. Once dry again, she moisturised her skin to counter the effect of the harsh soap and then went about attempting something decent with her hair. By the time she left the bathroom, someone was knocking on the door with her new clothes.

As it turned out, the person had brought an entire wardrobe with them. The woman was friendly enough and happy to help Serenity try on everything to see what fit and looked best. Unfortunately, the woman had not brought any trousers. It was all dresses and skirts, all feminine things. It took some doing, but the pleasant woman got Serenity into a simple, yet stylish dress with a full skirt and bare shoulders. Many times, Serenity complained that she looked like a Senator's wife, but the other woman persevered until finally, Serenity looked like a proper lady. Even Serenity herself had to admit, she looked quite attractive... for a pirate. The dress showed off curves she didn't realize she actually had, taking full advantage of her firm clevage and toned back. The fabric clung neatly to her hips, flaring out again around her legs to cover down to her ankles. Up the right side, there was a large split that opened up to her thigh when she sat down, but otherwise, kept it hidden. With the dress, there came a matching pair of heeled shoes that gave her legs and ankles a more feminine quality, far removed from the heavy flat heeled boots she was used to. And a final touch, a sheer, loose fitting bolero that hung around her shoulders. The other woman suggested Serenity leave her hair down, but with a slight adjustment. Serenity was thankful for the extra help, this wasn't her usual situation for dinner. Half brushed back over her shoulder, the other left to curl around her face. Earrings were pointless as Serenity didn't have any piercings for them and her natural colouring negated the need for make-up.

A few minutes after the other woman left, Serenity answered her door once again to her crew, who were all dressed in smart suits and bow ties. The reaction was quite something. Kai's mouth literally dropped open, Mac smiled like she'd never seen before, Rat turned a deep shade of crimson and Slyder had to duck for cover when he whistled at her.
"Knock it off!" Serenity ordered.
"Sorry Boss." Kai said, "Just, we've never seen you in a dress before and it's..... well....."
"Knock out stuff." Slyder finished, "You look the bomb Captain, really."
"Mhmm." Rat agreed.
"You finally look like a Lady." Mac said proudly.
"It was the only thing that fit me properly and I feel like a damned peacock in it." Serenity said defensively.
"Well, you're a fine looking peacock." Mac said as he held out his arm for her. "I think Mr Krell will be blown over."
Serenity scowled and slapped Mac's arm away as she slammed ehr door shut and started walking down the corridor. "Krell can kiss my rosey coloured ass." She scorned.
"I bet he'd be kissing more than that." Slyder whispered to Kai, "And willingly too."
Kai smiled and whispered back, "You mean if he can survive his face being planted in the floor first."
"More than likely, but I bet he'll still try." Slyder replied. "I bet you fifty credits, Krell will be hanging onto the wall when he sees her."
"I'll take that bet." Kai said.
"So will I." Mac interjected, "But I'll bet the fifty he keels over. The guy is besotted with her, I can tell."
Kai lifted an eyebrow, "Besotted?"
"It's an old term." Mac explained, "It means he's very much attracted to her."
Slyder looked forward at Serenity's bare back and swinging hips, "He's not the only one." He whispered carefully, "If I had the balls, I'd go for a piece of that myself."
The men laughed quietly and then carried on walking.

On the promenade, Serenity turned more than a few heads. So much so that she descretely put herself as much in the middle of her crew as she could. The cantina finally came into sight and Serenity spotted their hosts, all dressed equally as stunning and just prayed that she wouldn't be noticed too much. Krell was also there, but as yet, hadn't turned around........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 10:42 am

Krell had gone back to his quarters. They were a bit larger then that Serenity had been given. The furniture was more comvortable and masculine. On the walls were various trophys he had taken from imperial ships, along with an assortment of blaster pistols and rifles. The first thing he did was strip off his clothes and place them in a basket. By the next day they would be back cleaned, pressed and ready for wear.

He moved to the shower and let the water get hot then stepped in and let it run over his body. The warmth made him feel good. He had lent a hand in the overhaul of the Jezzebel. He was dirty and greasy as well and he scrubbed his body down good to get all of it off. When he was done his skin was clean and smooth. Once he was dried off he went to his closet and opened it up. He pulled out a pure black outfit that he had not used in a very long time. Dress pants that had been tailored to fit snuglly and was made out of the finest cloth in the empire, a black long sleeved shirt that buttoned up the front and had a still collar open in the front. The Black jacket made of the same material fit him like a glove and came down just below his buttocks. There was no room or way he could strap on his twins. He would be going with out them and it made him feel naked to be with out them. To finish off his wardrobe was a pair of knee high black boots that had been polished to a very high shine.

He looked at himself in the mirror and shook his head. "I hate formal affairs." he muttered. Then he sighed deeply and left his quarters and made his way to the cantinia. When he walked up he saw the Crew of the Jezzebel with a woman in the middle of them. It took a moment for him to realize who it was. He stopped and stared for a few moments drinking in every bit of her. He smiled and nodded his head. Yes indeed, Serenity was quite the looker when she allowed herself to be.

The families of the children were there, all dressed to the hilts as well and the children also were dressed up and looking like he felt, uncomfortable being all dressed up. Jenny especially looked uncomfortable in a dress. She would rather be in jeans and boots. As he walked up behind Serenity, he grinned and chuckled. "Well now this is definately a change for you, isn't it." He clicked his heels together and gave a slight bow to her and then offered his arm to her to see if she would take it.

Everyone else gathered around and was greeting the crew of the Jezzebel. There was even a young woman that seemed to be attracted to Rat. Upon a closer look by Krell he saw that it was Wendy and he had to chuckle at her. She was just like Rat. She loved to latch on to anything that was not nailed down and keep it, work on it, make it work. She usually was always in oil stained clothing her face smuged with dirt and grease. She was the older sister of Jenny.

When all the greetings was done, everyone began to move into the cantina where such a spread Krell had never seen before was laid out.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed May 06, 2009 1:39 pm

At least Serenity wasn't the only one. Still, Krell just had to put in his piece and she wasn't happy about it. "A change I plan to rectify as soon as possible." She said sharply, "And quit staring at me like I'm some piece of prized meat."
"Could have fooled me." Slyder murmered before quickly making his escape to say hello to the others.
On Serenity's other side, Mac smiled warmly to Krell, gently leading him away from the woman before she said anything too embarrassing, or slapped him. "I wouldn't try that, if I were you." he said quietly, "She actually slapped me for it." Another smile wrinkled his face as he nodded greetings to the cantina gathering. "Still, when she keeps her mouth shut, one could almost mistake her for a real lady, wouldn't you say?"

Around the cantina, the others were saying their hello's. Rat and Wendy were soon deep in discussion over some form of junk, Kai was giving hugs to the people that he remembered while unfortunately Slyder came face to face with something he would rather have not happened. A pretty young blonde accompanied by a female version of Slyder sat on the hip. The others couldn't help but snigger with laughter as it was now clear Slyder's days of folly were well and truly over.

The spread put out for Serenity and her crew, Krell as well, was something out of the worlds. Every possible manner of food was present with just about every possible drink known. Delicacies from all across the galaxy. The former slaves had gone to extreme lengths to make the dinner an occasion to remember and Serenity would definitely remember it for a long, long time. She even managed to have a little fun also. Over the course of the evening, most had had just a little too much to drink, including Serenity and she found herself sat quite at ease with Becca and her son Reiley. Jenny was also sat with them. The children were drinking some form of red juice while Serenity and Becca drank something close to sweet wine.
"I hate this dress!" Jenny groaned as she pulled at her collar for the hundredth time.
Serenity laughed quietly, "Don't worry." She replied, "I hate dresses too. I can't wait to get back in my jeans and shirts."
Becca laughed as she adjusted her own dress. "Hate them all you want Ladies, you still look wonderful in them. Particularly you Serenity."
Serenity raised her brow a little in surprise.
Becca nodded with a half drunken smile, "Absolutely, you do. I promise. Half the men here have been staring at you and Krell has barely kept his eyes off you."
Serenity scowled, "I can't imagine why." She replied, also half drunk. "It's not like he'll get anywhere with it."
Becca laughed heartily, "Oh Ren!" She chortled, "For such an astute pirate, you really are quite blind sometimes. Strip away all that brovado and pride and I guarantee he's utterly in want of you."
Serenity shook her head, casting a vague glance his way. "The man is a womaniser, Becca." She replied, "He's probably had as many women go through his sheets as you've had hot dinners. I've seen them being herded onto his ship for entertainment and company for him and his crew."
Now Becca shook her head, "Not at all." She countered, "Slyder. Now he is a womaniser, absolute and undeniable. Krell is another species entirely. I've only ever known him with two women, both of whom cheated on him first chance they got. Fair enough, I can understand a little folly now and then in deep space, but that's it. And I know for fact that you're the first woman he's looked at like that for nearly two years."
Serenity rolled her eyes, "Thanks and all, but I highly doubt it." She said.
"Ok then." Becca said firmly, "Prove me wrong."
"Huh?"
"Prove it. Look at him and smile. See what happens."
Serenity snorted a laugh and shook her head. "No chance."
"Coward."
Serenity firmed her back and stared at Becca. The woman was definitely a bold one. "Ok, deal." She said, "And when he doesn't give me that look?"
"If." Becca corrected. "If he doesn't give you that look, I'll not say another word about it."
"Fine."
"And when he does give you that look." Becca continued, "You admit he's sweet on you. And make it a proper smile."
Serenity scowled again, but a deal was a deal. Half turning her head, she swallowed a large mouthful of wine and then looked at Krell. Curling her lips slowly, she opened her eyes wider and lifted her chin. The smile widened, covering her whole face and she seemed to glow. The light sparkled in her eyes as she lifted her chin just half an inch higher and she relaxed her breathing. However, in her mind, she was adamant that the return smile would be nothing more than pleasantries........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Krell had been eying Serenity. He liked what he saw, the sweet curves, the cleavage, everything about her. There was nothing not to like about her. Krell had made the rounds of the differnt people. All of them he had brought there, saved them from death, slavery, and worse. Serenity sat and talked with Becca for some time. It seemed that she was enjoying the conversation.

When she turned and smiled at him, after ignoring him the whole time they were there, he raised a brow and gave her a warm smile back. She might be a bit drunk, but that would only mean she had lossened up some. But not only did he return her smile, he rose up from his chair and approached her.

Music had started up and again he gave her a warm smile, "I would be honored if you would give me this dance." he offered her his hand and looked down into her eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu May 07, 2009 6:13 am

The smile faltered and Serenity stiffened in the chair as Krell not only returned her smile, but then rose up and made towards her. "I told you so." Becca said quietly as she gave Serenity's ribs a firm nudge. It forced her to shift in her seat and sit up straight, lest she actually fall out of the damned thing. Music started playing again from somewhere and before she knew it, Krell was stood over her, his hand out and asking her to dance with him.

"She would love to." Becca interupted as she snatched Serenity's drink from her hand and pushed her out of the chair. Serenity was then forced to take his hand to stop herself falling over. Becca laughed quietly and then stood up, putting her arm around jenny's shoulder to move them both away.
"I uh." Serenity stammered, "I don't really do dancing." She gave a half cocked smile, still unable to shake the smile he had given her. It was unnerving, but despite herself, she moved closer to him and rested her other hand on his shoulder. She coughed lightly in her throat and then checked where her feet were.

Across the room, Mac gave Kai a short jab in the ribs. "Well now." He chortled, "Would you look at that?"
Kai turned his head slightly, "Look at what?"
Mac nodded his head at Serenity and Krell, "I do believe they are dancing."
Kai blinked at least twice to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "Ren doesn't dance." He said.
"Then what are we both staring at?" Mac returned quickly. Both men then smiled and watched, joined soon after by Rat and then Slyder.
"Am I dreaming?" Slyder asked as he cautiously adjusted the younger, female version of himself on his hip.
Mac looked up and smiled anew. "Not this time, my friend." He replied, "Though, I wonder if I'm dreaming." He nodded to the toddler and then grinned.
Slyder blushed, "Yes well." He stammered, "She kinda got dumped on me. Her mother is over by the bar somewhere."
"You're taking this all very well, Slyder." Kai offered, "I never pegged you for the father type."
"I'm not." Slyder responded carefully, "And when I get that woman alone again, we're having words about this. Anyways, weren't we all staring at our illustrious captain?"
"Indeed." Mac said, then turned his head back to Serenity and Krell. He was quickly joined by the rest and all started smiling openly. "You have to admit." The old man offered, "They do look like a wonderful couple, don't they."
All men nodded, but kai cocked his head to one side at the same time. "True, but I wouldn't say that within earshot." He replied, "That is of course, if you value your life."
"Absolutely." All three replied.........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 6:43 am

Krell moved her slowly out on to the dance floor and moved with the music. It was a slow dance and he placed a hand on the small of her back, drawing her closer to him. "He continued to smile at her as he spoke. "Just follow my lead, it really isn't hard. Well at least this type of dance isn't. The more formal ones are a real pain to do and I would defenitly not recommend them." he moved her around the dance floor and soon other couples began joining them out on the floor.

Wendy grabed the shy Rat's hand and drug him on to the dance floor. She was not shy about it either. She even got closer then Krell and Serenity were. She pressed her self against him and grinned. The rest of the people in the cantina were watching Krell and Serenity. Valis was there also and smiling broadly, along with Rahma. It seemed her brother was enjoying seeing his sister with a man.

A couple of the men in the cantina, fathers of the children, grinned as they talked about what they were seeing. "Well now, it looks as if Krell has stumbled on to something here." one said to the other.

"Yep, I do beleive he has taken a fancy to Captain Serenity. Heaven help us with the children. Jenny already thinks herself as being like Serenity, and Carl......... By the makers he wants to emulate Krell in everything. If he was not sick......... he probably would be asking Jenny to dance now. Though I think he be a bit sweet on that girl anyways.

Both men laughed and continued to watch Krell and Serenity dance. "How goes the building of the Avenger?" the first one asked the second.

"Going well. It is half completed." the second man replied. "It will be a twin to the Raven and will give hell to the empire as well. Though finding the right crew for her will be a challange. Though if our children were older, they would be fighting to be the ones crewing her."

The first man laughed. "Give them a few more years and they will be."

Krell looked down into Serenity's eyes. "It seems we have made quite a stir." he could feel her soft body against his one hand as he moved it up and down her back. "I was wondering, well if you would not mind......." he began, trying to find the right words, "Well, hell might as well just say it plain out. Would you mind us seeing each other on intament level?" She did interest him, well hell it was more then that. She was a woman that he could relate to, trust, and knew could take care of herself. He liked her, and probably more then that.

He thought he had fallen in love twice before, but both women had cheated on him and he found out were not worth a damn. It had hurt like hell, and had taken time to get over but he did. He stopped dancing for a moment to see what her answer would be.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu May 07, 2009 8:34 am

Serenity felt awkward dancing with Krell, more so when his hand began trailing up and down her back. It was odd that his touch was so gentle on her skin, far more personal and intimate. It made her shiver more than once and she began to see what Becca had been trying to explain. As they moved across the floor, she could see her crew staring at them, smiling. Rahma and Valis too. They all seemed intently pleased at what they were seeing, but the whole situation was starting to get uncomfortable. Then Krell started stammering over something and stopped dancing. She stared back up at him, searching his face for what he was trying to say. She agreed with the first part and even nodded to that effect, but what he said next made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and she went stiff. He wanted to know if they could be more intimate. Serenity took a slow step back.

From his almost beaming smile, Rahma could see what was happening. Krell had said something to frighten his sister. From their own places, Kai and Mac saw the same thing and quickly got to their feet. They feared their captain was about to do something universally stupid. Rahma feared the same and all three men seemed to converge. "Don't do it Ren." Rahma pleaded quietly.
"Easy Boss." Kai whispered, getting a nod from Mac in response.
Rahma spotted Kai and Mac making their way across and gave them fearful eyes. When it was returned, the twin moved more quickly. Everything seemed to slow down as the men watched Serenity slowly back away. Was she getting ready to swing her fist? Was she about to scream? All three men seemed to quicken their pace yet again until Kai was almost running for his captain. By that point, Slyder ahd also spotted what was going on and had quickly handed his daughter back to her mother. He too expected the worst to happen and so it was four men now converging on Serenity and Krell. Rat, on the other hand, quickly moved himself and his new girlfriend from the floor. He wanted no part on whatever was about to kick off, though he had heard what Krell had said to Serenity. The only one who didn't seem to move, or want to, was Valis. Over the last couple of days, he had watched Krell and Serenity quite closely. The air between them had been part of the reason he'd spoken to Krell about her in the first place. Deep down, he had known something would happen between them, he almost wanted it to. Whether his niece wanted to or not, she had to let someone in.

Kai and Rahma made it to the pair just as time seemed to catch up again. Rahma placed himself directly between them while Kai took to Serenity's flank in case she did actually swing for Krell. Rahma made sure that he would take the full force of her swing if Kai missed her arm. As it happened though, Serenity did something completely unexpected. Wide-eyed and silent with shock, the woman simply turned around and slammed into Kai. The instant that happened, Serenity stepped back from her commander and took another route, straight out of the cantina. Kai stayed where he was for the moment while Rahma turned to face Krell.
"Krell, I'm sorry." He said to the other man, "I thought she was gonna hit you or something."
"What in the galaxies did you say to her?" Kai asked, "I haven't seen her so spooked for years."..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 9:48 am

When Serenity backed up and the look on her face, Krell knew he probably blew it, said the wrong thing. But he wanted to be more then a friend and fellow captain. He was a fierce fighter, captain, and pirate but when it came to women he did not do so well. It had been hard with the two women he had known. One actually initiated everything and it had worked out for a while. But him being a Pirate, a captain, and out risking his life all the time was to much for her and the other one he guessed.

He noticed Kai, Mac, Rahma getting up and moving in towards them. They had worried and anxious looks on their faces. He watched Serenity as she backed away turned and ran into Kai and then turned again and ran out of the canntina. He barely heard Kai asking him what he had said, he was pushing through people to get out and follow her. He caught up with her and stopped her. "Serenity, I'm sorry...... I, I am not really good at this sort of thing. If I have said anything that has offend you........" he turned her to face him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu May 07, 2009 10:30 am

Serenity had made it a good distance from the cantina by the time Krell caught up with her. Her shoes were hanging from her wrist so she could walk faster while her bolero was screwed up in the tangle of skirt she had hoisted up around her knees. She heard him calling after her, but didn't stop. It was only when she felt him physically turn her around that she finally relented.

"Offend me?" She asked, "If you'd offended me, you'd be flat faced on the ground." She chewed her lip and took a deep breath. "Look, it's real sweet and all.... I mean... These last couple of days have been great and I'm really grateful what you've done for me and my crew." Serenity had never felt so stupid in all her days. "Look, we have a job to do, right? Can we just deal with that first?" Well, she wasn't turning him down, but at the same time, she wasn't saying yes either. "Besides, I'm sure you've got a girl somewhere that will keep you entertained."..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 10:59 am

Krell pulled her closer and lifted a hand to her face to caress it gently. The way she was talking it seemed she was trying to make excuses for why they shouldn't. Was she scared to have a relationship with him. He knew that both of them took incredible risks, but that was just another reason he found her so damn interesting and atractable. She at least could deal with it and understand the risks he took. "I have no girl, no woman any where. Yes we have a job to do and we will do it, but that does not mean we can not be more then aquaintences." he gave her a warm smile.

"At least you might consider giving it a try." he took her chin in his hand and lifted her face to look at him. " Some of the others had came out of the cantina but had kept their distance. They looked at the two of them standing a distance away. "How bad could it be?"

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue May 12, 2009 6:48 am

Serenity cautiously stepped away. How bad could it be? "Bad enough that the distraction gets us both killed." She answered rather more sharply than she wanted to. From her peripheral, she spotted the onlookers and took a sharp breath. "Perhaps for now, we should just consider calling each other Friend instead of Rival. The last thing we need is to complicate things, we have enough to deal with." Well, she had enough to deal with. She just hoped he wouldn't press the matter further. With a small sigh, Serenity nodded her head, "I'll see you aboard tomorrow, Krell." And she moved away from him.

From his vantage point, Rahma could only shake his head in disappointment. He had always understood Serenity's problem with intimacy, he had been much the same, but even he could see that they were perfect together. In fact, he had known it almost from the moment he met Krell. They were so much alike, yet different enough to keep each other going. Serenity had to be really stupid not to see that. Moving carefully, he approached Krell and tried to smile. "You know," He offered, "Becca is right about her. For such an astute pirate, she really can be blind sometimes." Rahma took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his cropped hair. "If I ever give you advice about my beloved sister, it would be this. Regardless of what she thinks she's saving herself from, she isn't. If it were up to me, I'd say go for it. Face down whatever she throws at you and give it all you got. And I wouldn't wait for it either. She'll never let you have the opportune moment, so you just have to take it." He gave the man another smile and patted his shoulder. It would be up to Krell whether he followed the advice or not, but Rahma hoped he would anyways.

Finally back in her rooms, Serenity shed the dress as quickly as possible and made for the bedroom. All that pomp and fancy had been so uncomfortable and she was still swimming with what Krell had said and done. She needed to sleep and clear her head again. As promised, ehr clothes had been cleaned and returned while she was out and she happily pulled a tee shirt on and then sprawled out on the bed. While she did that, she wrenched her fingers through her hair to remove the new parting and put it back where it should be. At least she hadn't been wearing make-up: that would have been hell to get rid of. Her mind raced as she closed her eyes and punched the pillow to fluff it up.

Why now? Why did I have to come here? I should have taken that bootleg run instead. I should have ignored Krell. Why did I have to smile at him like that? Why did I have to listen to Becca? Why did I wear that stupid dress? We didn't have to go to that dinner. Did I lock the door?.......... Serenity drifted into sleep........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2009 7:32 am

Krell was not a ladies man. He had a very hard time understanding them. He had no idea what was bothering her if he had not said something that had offended her. What would be wrong with seeing each other on a more personal note. If she was worried about them both being pirates with prices on their heads, the imperial navy out hunting for them, the chance of being killed in battle, that was nothing new to him. He knew the risks the same as she did. Every time he took the Raven out to plunder another cargo ship, or attack a prison colony or what ever, he knew it could be his last time. He had managed to escape death and capture many times as she had, and he knew she was very capable of keeping herself out of trouble.

When Rahma came up and began giving him advice about his sister, he listened. but still did not know what to do. Rahma said not to wait but go for it. Take what she throws at him but not give up. He shook his head not knowing what to do. He left the rest of the people as they looked on. He thought he was making his way back to his quarters but found himself infront of Serenity's. "Hell, why not." He knocked on the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue May 12, 2009 7:54 am

Serenity was still sleeping when Krell arrived at her door, but the knocking woke her instantly. Like lightening, she sat up and looked around the room. A quick feel around reminded her where she was and she quickly got up from the bed. "Now what?!" She cursed as she came through to the main living area and made for the door. It was then she realized, she hadn't locked it.

Still in nothing but the tee shirt, Serenity stormed to the door and swung it wide open. "What is it?" She demanded firmly, before realizing Krell was stood right in front of her. Her mouth quickly dropped open and she stood there wide-eyed. "Uh, um...." What in the galaxies was he doing there? She thought they had finished their dealings for one day. Aparantly not. "Um..."..........
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am

Krell still did not know what he was going to say or do as he waited for Serenity to answer his knock on her door. But when the door opened and he saw her standing there with nothing but a T shirt on, he could have smiled but he didn't. He looked at her as she apperently was a bit caught unawares and therefore at a disadvantage. Like a good pirate he pressed his advantage.

"I was not done and no I do not just want to be friends right now." he began. "Why don't you want to have a relationship with someone, well with me? I will not accept the answer that we are both pirate captains with prices on our heads, that we take risks others don't and may wind up dead." He moved forward forcing her into the room and closed the door. "I have two married couples on board the Raven. Each knows that there may come a day when one or the other might not come back alive. There are others that have wives here. They all know the risks. So give me one damn good reason."

He didn't know where that had come from but it basicly would exclude that kind of an excuse. Like Rahma had said he had to push on no matter what she threw at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue May 12, 2009 9:58 am

Serenity had no choice but to back up quickly as Krell practically forced his way into the apartment. "Now just you hang on one damned second!" She ordered, but he still carried on, talking about married couples on his ship, and some that had partners at the Haven, demanding to know why she wouldn't entertain a relationship with him. Serenity was utterly stunned. He made it clear there was no room for argument and for the moment, Serenity truly wasn't able to give one.

Finally returning to something close to abnormal, Serenity backed up further and pulled the tee shirt down around her thighs. It served only to stretch the neck out and pull tight around her breasts. "Stop, right there!" She demanded, "Now explain to me exactly what marriage and relationships have to do with me and you. And what the fuck do you think you're doing barging in here without so much as letting me get dressed first?!" Straight on the defensive. "And on that point, get the fuck out, so I can get bloody dressed!" Though somehow, she doubted he would do that. Something told her that he wasn't going anywhere.

Pulling the t shirt down again, Serenity made for a hasty escape to the bedroom to find her jeans.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next