The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Heresy

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dark Heresy Empty Dark Heresy

Post by nuwisha Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:36 am

I know this might sound strange but I want to try it out any way. Dark Heresy is actually a PnP rollplaying game published by Black Industries and take place in the dark grim future of warhammer 40,000 which is a table top game from Games Workshop.

So to the point ^, you play as a Acolyte who is working for an Inquisitor who in turn work to rid the Imperium of man from heretics, mutants, daemons and xenos all in the name of the immortal God Emperor. I could go on about this but I wound as it is so much to take in it make my head spin some to even try to think about all of it.

To put it simple I what some people to play as these Acolytes who is just plain humans with some small exception (ask and I will tell), men, woman all is still human in the Imperium. The story I have planed is kinda a action/horror adventure just so you know. There is actually a bunch of career paths in the PnP game that is you what could play (once again ask and I tell) to give more deep to the game.
nuwisha
nuwisha

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Dark Heresy Empty Re: Dark Heresy

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:24 am

It is hard to get anyone here to join a group RP. I have tried unsucessfully. You will have better luck asking someone to do it more as a duet.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:29 am

yeah i know it is hard as it is on most rp sites
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Suqirrel2 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:51 pm

I might need more explanation like on what type of charries you can have and what those career paths are and such but i'm always down to do a group rp
Lil_Suqirrel2
Lil_Suqirrel2

Female Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 am

Well if we don't get a group then well I have to live with it. You can play almost anything as long as it is human any gender work with any of the career paths, my self will play a male Tech-Priest that was born of a Forge World and is a member of the Adeptus Mechanicus or the Machine cult if you like to call it that. There is eight career paths which is like jobs that your character had before becoming an Acolyte.

Adept - Adepts are wise and learned scholars, at least they hope to be one day. They are skilled with languages, knowledge and often act as the brains of the group. They are not very good at fighting, and some are very poor at talking to people.

Arbitrator - Arbitrators are tough law-keepers and judges. they ensure that the Imperium's laws are maintained, whilst also acting as executioners for rebels, seditionists and trouble-makers. Arbitrators do not serve on any local planetary police force, rather they are members of a higher organisation: the Adeptus Arbites. Arbitrators are not very strong, and they sometimes lack social graces.

Assassin - Assassins are skilled killers, adept at getting close to a target and ending their days. Some are cold-blooded executioners that revel in bloodshed, while others are consummate professionals who take great pride in their art. Whatever their motivations, they represent some of the most dangerous men and woman of the Inquisition, each one a finely honed tool of murder.

Cleric- Clerics are the priests of the Emperor, members of the vast organisation known as the Ecclesiarchy. They are charismatic and capable leaders, as well as respected frigures of athority. Clerics are trained in a wide variety of abilities, and can turn their hand to pretty much anything.

Guardsman - Guardsmen are the fighters, killers and warriors of the 41st Millennium. Some may be members of a formal army, or even part of the Imperial Guard. Others may be nothing more than mercenaries and thugs. Some may even be convicted criminals, fitted with explosive collars and sentenced to serve in penal legions to pay for their terrible crimes. Needless to sat, Guardsmen are nether particularity smart nor sociable.

Imperial Psyker- Psykers are otherworldly with supernatural powers, they have many varied abilities from reading minds to throwing bolts of bio-electrical energy. These strange powers come with a terrible price however, for each psyker is a doorway to the hellish dimension of the immaterium, the abode of Daemons, psychic predators and worse. Each Imperial psyker risks his very soul every time he uses his abilities, knowing that the cold edge of a mercy blade is the kindest fate the Daemon- possessed can expect to meet.

Scum - Scum are the criminals, outcasts, conmen, gangers, theives and desperados of the Imperium. They are the flotsam and jetsam of society. For all their dubious origins, they do have numerous skills that are highly useful for secretive, quasi-legal tasks. From picking locks to street stabbings, forgery and fencing illegal goods, Scum have what it takes to get dodgy things done.

Tech-Priest - Tech-Priest are the guardians of machine spirits and the preserver of the traditions of tech. They tend to incredibly arcane machines and learn many mysteries, such as the rites of ignition and the art of maintenance. As the learn of ancient science, they seek out lost technology, and also replace their frail flesh with gleaming steel or chattering circuitry.

And because I mentioned it and is in a small flow right now will I list the different worlds one can be born on.

Feral World - Feral worlds are tough places in which to survive. Whether living in a steaming death-filled jungle or upon the burning sands of a desert planet, man has reverted to a more primitive existence, living in tribes, gangs or creeds without much care for technology or the soft living ways of the so-called "civilised folk".

Hive World - Hive worlds are home to countless teeming millions. The population is so dense that frequently the entire surface of the world is covered with enormous cities stretching from horizon to horizon. Many hivers labour in thankless obscurity, manning huge factories that churn out endless streams of weapons, chemicals or other vital goods. Others run with violent gans in the dark of the underhivesm living off their wits, guts and firepower.

Imperial World - A bewildering variety of worlds are known to the Imperium. From hyper-technological democratic societies to drudging medieval worlds, many planets offer their fealty and devotion to the immorlat God-Emperor of Man.

Void Born - Born out in the darkness between the stars, void bore are an odd collection of misfits, strangers and ill-omened folk. Perhaps birthed in belly of a pilgrimage ship, or a board an ancient orbital satellite, these people are often considerd to be somehow touched by the taint of the warp.

Forge Worlds - The domains of the Adeptus Mechanicus are many, from the ceaseless industry of the iron realms of the forge worlds, to the labtrinthine orbitals and distant reserch outposts, to the nomadic and self-contained void caravans of the explorator fleets. They are an empire within an empire, distinct and yet interwoven with the fabric of the Imperium. Their masters are ancient, wise, mysterious and cold as the machineries they tend.
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:41 am

Hmmmmmmm could one be an Assassin, from the Void that has an affinity for Technology. Born on a ship, raised by his parents to help maintain it and got a desire to learn all he could about machines, technology and the like but became an assassin out of desire for revenge and then liking what he did continued the trade but still has the interest in knowing how things work and be able to make what he wants.

Might be able to get someone else intrested. Not sure but we can try. It might not go over then again it might if people see what it happening and like what they see.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:05 am

Well not really as technology is something that is more myth and magic that machinery and circuitry to the common man and even the Tech-Priests of Mars do not know how all technology really works. Which give me a opportunity to give an example, as a Void bore one live on a ship/station that is probably many thousands of years old and that mean that you unless a Tech-Priest do not have any idea who all the machinery work you might now how to operate the controls of the ship (probably not as these ships are massive and require many hundreds to operate) but do not know why or who it works only that it do.
But of curse as a Void bore can you be more gifted that others on how ship tech works so you will probably be above average on that field but still no the level of a Tech-Priest so go for it, can be interesting especially while trying to figure out my characters cybernetic implants ^^
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 am

Take a look at my character. The last one on my list of characters. Also are the Assassins a Guild with a Guild Master? If not I can change my character's bio. Also is it allowed that he have a smaller ship that he can get around in?

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 am

Well there is the Officio Assassinorum which is a Imperial agency that trains and employs assassins from different assassin temples which is the closes thing to an Assassins guild. And I don't think it would be likely to own your own ship of any kind especially ships cable of warp-travel, well some traders do have large trade ship but there are the property of the imperium
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:03 am

Ok, he will just have to travel around on cargo ships or such. Is the character other then that ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:14 am

yup unless you count the name which is not very Imperialy... thingy, give him something like Nihilius or Nicodemus just to get the right sound to it.
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Just finished the start post it is short but I don't need anything more right now as it is mostly to introduce the character and get in to some of the mood. I'm going to post titles at the beginning of each chapter to give it a more story felling to it. Oh I am also thinking of posting images a little now an then to get even more in to the mood what do you think?
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:43 pm

sounds good. Will be talking to Xuxa tonight and will see if she would like to try a stab at it also.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:46 pm

damn forgot the link https://uimates.rpg-board.net/milky-way-f48/purge-the-unclean-group-rp-privet-t301.htm#18893 but do that the more the merrier still is a good motto
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Ahhhhhh since he is an assassin and not of any of the temples, how would the Inquisitor know him? I hopefully made a plausable explaination for it. Tell me if it is alright or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:29 pm

They know that is their job to know, as the old imperial saying: "Knowledge is power, hide it well"
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:10 am

where is little squirl. She was suppose to be joining this one. She has been complaining that she wants to rp, but has not been on much.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:19 am

She is on most of the time but i was expecting her to at least post a small note some were, but hey what can you do one have to live a life too ^^
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:55 am

I reminded Lit Squirl of the rp. Hopefully she will make a post here soon on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:23 am

okay i will be waiting before I continue
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Suqirrel2 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:26 am

Sorry guys. Don't mean to keep you waiting. Still trying to figure out where to come in and what to make my character. I'll get a post up here soon
Lil_Suqirrel2
Lil_Suqirrel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Suqirrel2 Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm making my character a Imperial Psyker from the Imperial World and I was wondering if the name Skye was ok.
Lil_Suqirrel2
Lil_Suqirrel2

Back to top Go down

Post by nuwisha Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Well I can not come up with anything ells right now so it have to do ^^
nuwisha
nuwisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Suqirrel2 Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Otay. Thank you. I tried finding a name that would fit better but i couldn't find anything then i stumbled upon this.
Lil_Suqirrel2
Lil_Suqirrel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:02 am

Is there no others out there that would care to try out a group RP. Nuwisha has one that could be good if more would join in. So why not give it a try. You might find you like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next