The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War may be hell but home isnt exactly Heaven either. (RiRister)

Page 7 of 44 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 44  Next

Go down

War may be hell but home isnt exactly Heaven either. (RiRister) - Page 7 Empty Re: War may be hell but home isnt exactly Heaven either. (RiRister)

Post by Xuxa_Rene Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:45 am

The days had long since melted in to one long, horrible, nightmarish day that no one could wake from. For days on end Andrew and the others had been out “in the field” as they called it. Searching for insurgents and clearing unexploded land mines. Numerous times they had been fired upon, seen more death then anyone should see in five lifetimes. The sweat poured into their eyes and down their face but none of them would take off their helmet to wipe it away. They were tired and sore but they pressed on. Sharing water and ammunition if needed. Thus far out of Andrew’s small group of 30 no one had died, but a few had been shot or other wise injured, most have returned but two had been sent “state side” Their injuries to grave to return to the war. Andrew felt so dirty and tired it had been weeks since a shower that didn’t come from the rain, and days with out eating or sleeping.

Finally the backups arrived and Andrew and his group were going to be going back to base camp for the weekend to rest up. Andrew was glad; his blisters had blisters on them. His face was severely sunburned, his lips chapped from the sun, his body craving sleep, food, water, and a good scrub down. Riding the armored vehicles back Andrew still kept his weary eyes all around looking for anything out of the ordinary. Finally they made it back to base camp and Andrew checked his mailbox finding the letter in there he did not read it yet, he needed a hot shower, so he walked into the showers painfully striped down and stepped into the shower and let the warm water pour over his tired muscles The dirt rinsing off his skin turning the water black. He used half a bar of soap before he felt comfortable. Again. He stepped out and dried off. Wrapped a towel around his waist and walked into the laundry room and got his fresh uniform and boots handing in his new stuff for laundering.

Then walked into the chaw hall for eating he was hungry but he knew if he flooded his body with too much food and he would get very sick. She he ate small bites and drank some water then walked to his bunks took out the letter and read it, he would have . Before he fell asleep he knew he had to reply.

Dearest Isis, I am sorry for the longer delay I have been away from base for weeks, working. I am on a few days Rest and Relaxation. Baby, I am so tired it’s been days since I have slept, I love you. As I write this I have 280 days left. I have gotten close to my boys here. We share everything, and now we are sharing our R&R. About that family fostering those two children, I hope they can handle it they are going to need a lot of love, and they are likely are going to have PTSD but I will tell the doctors. Good going on defending yourself; you think I would let some other guy take my girl?. An update on the little girl, she got fitted for her new foot.

. Love you Always and Forever.

Andrew laid down and closed his eyes but his dreams were full of screams and the color red. He awoke in a cold sweet and walked into the bathroom and splashed his face with cold water then walked into the medical station “Uhhh I am having difficulty falling asleep, bad dreams do you have something so I can rest” The nurse looked up at him. And simply nodded “Here you go hun, this will knock you out for at least 24 hours I will need to keep an eye on you so you can sleep here, the beds are a lot more comfortable but since it’s a heavy duty sleeping aid I have to make sure you don’t quit breathing on me” Andrew was a bit nervous “Will it stop the dreams?” The nurse nodded “Just take off your boots and lay down” Andrew nodded but handed her the envelope “Can you mail this for me, its for my girl” The nurse nodded and helped Andrew lay down then covered him wish a blanket as his eye lids got heavier and heavier and he fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

Andrew awoke and stretched and looked over at the nurse who smiled sweetly at him. “Well rise and shine, sunshine. You have been asleep for almost two days now,” She held up a hand to silence the protests that were on Andrew’s tongue “your body must have really needed it, its alright many sleep for longer after take the meds I gave you.” Andrew sat up straight in bed and prepared to leave, he had to get back to his squad, to his leaders, to his job, that’s what he was here for. But the nurse had other ideas she so pushed him down gently back to the bed and handed him plate of food of meat, potatoes, and veggies, much better then the MRE’s he had been eating for the three weeks out in the field. “Eat and drink then you may leave”

Andrew did not need to be told twice, he looked over the food licking his lips he was smart though he knew that he could not flood his body with the rich food too fast or he would end up barfing it all up, and that would defeat the purpose. So he said thank you to the nurse and ate the meal and drank the Milk, not having milk for three months he savored every sip. After he was done eating and the nurse gave him one last cheek over replacing the bandages on his feet he was given the all clear.

From the nurse and walked to his barracks seeing all of his fellow comrades relaxing on their bunks. Some were playing cards; others were writing mail while others were just joking around relaxing enjoying their time off. No one made snide remarks while Andrew walked in. They all knew that he had been affected by the children more then all of the others since he had been the one that had held them and felt how fragile they felt, and he had also held a comrade until the medics arrived, applying pressure to the wounds, listening to the soldiers final pleas asking Andrew to make sure he knew his wife knew he loved her, and would name their baby boy after his dad. Andrew reassured him that he would be able to see the baby. He didn’t die, but Andrew was not able to wash the man’s blood from his uniform for a long time.

The others also knew that Andrew had not slept much, he was always the last one asleep, and the first one awake, or at least that’s what they thought since when every they were awake he was as well. Andrew immediately joined in a game of “go fish” since poker and other gambling games were against the rules. R&R lasted for three more days then they loaded up their bags and went to the front lines in their armored vehicles
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Female Number of posts : 8803
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.anysoldier.com

Back to top Go down

War may be hell but home isnt exactly Heaven either. (RiRister) - Page 7 Empty Re: War may be hell but home isnt exactly Heaven either. (RiRister)

Post by Guest Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Isis was working in her new private office when she got his newest letter. She quickly opens it up and reads it softly to herself knowing by the way his writing was that he was very tired and not himself. She sits down and starts writing a reply.

My dearest Andrew,

I can tell by your writing the you are not sleeping and are not yourself. I wish I could come get you and take you home. I don’t want to lose my life long lover to the ugliness of war. I know war will change you but many men have lost themselves to it. I love you so much it hurts to be this long without you. To have you come back and be a different person, that would rip me apart. Please tell me what’s wrong.

Your love,

Isis

She puts her letter in an envelope and seals it before putting in the mailbox personally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:08 am

The days continued to melt into one but Andrew smiled less then 200 days left if he calculated it properly. He was getting excited he would see Isis soon.

The next couple of weeks were very long, their days full of searching in cars, and houses for hidden enemy soldiers. Then their nights were full of, more battles, sleepless nights guarding base camp and tending to their wounded, sending for jeeps for their dead, too many now Andrew couldn’t keep count. He was concerned that Isis would hear the staggering death toll and be concerned for him. Man just thinking of her watching the TV in tears brought chills to his sweaty skin. He couldn’t wait to be in her arms again, to watch the rain with his arms around her.

Suddenly a loud BANG shook Andrew out of his daydream. People were yelling all around him, confusion reigned, then after what seemed like hours but was more then likely only a few seconds all became clear. They were under heavy attack. Andrew ducked and aimed his gun at those that were shooting at them. Bullets were flying everywhere; he could hear the yells from the enemy, the sounds of his comrades yelling back throwing grenades and shooting back.

Then the person behind him fell backwards shot directly in the forehead, Andrew knelt down and checked for a pulse there was nothing, no pulse. Then Andrew knew the boy was dead. Andrew looked at him again and had to fight back a tear. The boy was barely 18 just out of high school. An anger Andrew rose in Andrew. He let out a war cry and began shooting at the enemy, he no longer cared who he was killing, they had killed, a child, someone that had no right being there.

After two hours Andrew heard silence from the other side. They had won the battle. He crept forward with about ten other men. And searched the bodies for anything they could use. They were in luck, many bullets, and weapons; they left the food in case it was a trap. But then left the bodies to rot and Andrew radioed to base camp requesting transport for a causality. It was then that they were reminded that they were going to on R&R for the weekend again. Andrew turned to tell the others who looked relived. They were tired again. And ready for a break.

The jeeps arrived with the soldiers who were just off of their RandR Andrew briefed them on what happened. Then with the utmost respect they all lifted the soldier who was named Dan into the jeep and covered him with a sheet. He couldn’t wait till he got back to write to his Isis. Finally they got to base and they were able to unload the body and then Andrew went to his bunk. And read the letter that she had sent back to him but was not delivered to him on the field.

He read it and smiled, she knew him too well. He wrote back.

[i] My Love of my life,
You know me too well. I was just up for nearly a week when I wrote that, but I went to the medic after I wrote you and they took some meds to help me sleep. I am okay now. I love you, I do belive that the adoption of those two children are going through, they are going to need a lot of help and love but they will be lucky. I love you my sweet Isis, and I love that you have stuck with me. Now I want to know, is my mom still driving you nuts with wedding plans? She always wanted a daughter so I think you are the stand in. We have the weekend off here to get some sleep so I will do that and I love you.
Love your husband.

Andrew sent the letter stripped out of his dirty uniform and slept in a pair of pants and a shirt.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Andrew’s mother got the letter for Isis from work since she was very sick. The burn she had sustained on her arm was causing her problems with her hand. She reads the little to her calmly. Giving her a stern look at the mention of her driving her nuts over the wedding plans. Isis falls asleep listening to the letter. His mother decides to write a letter to him for her. She goes out to the table and begins to write.

Dear Andrew,

How are you doing my son. You are probably wondering why Isis is not writing to you as much as she was. The burns she has on her arm and hand are healed but there is a lot of permanent nerve damage done to her. So she is not able to write very well. She is also very sick. The stomach flu spread through her office like a virus. We are very worried about you. Isis and I see the death toll on the news every night and that brings her to tears. We can’t wait to see you again. We love you.

Your Mother

His mother mails the letter and goes back inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:59 pm

The weeks trudged on more missions, they did not lose any men but a few were injured, the battle was getting heated. But one night his name was called during mail call his heat immeditaly fell, it wasnt in her normal evelope soething was wrong. He hurried to his bunk and opeened up and read it after done he stood and begain to pace his fellow men came in "Dude wants wrong" Andrew looked up at him "My girl is sick very sick" They all nodded. "I am sorry" Andrew nodded swallowed hard and wrote back.

Dear ma and Isis,
Things are going okay here now Isis you keep fighting my love, I love you and I promise I will be home soon I would make this longer but its lights out I love you both

He quickly sent that letter off, it wasnt a complet lie it was lights out, but only because they were going on a dangerous mission. Andrew was able to sleep soundly this time, exhausted from the weeks at the front lines. Although the screams and gunfire that invaded his dreams kept him from getting a good night sleep after the fourth time of him waking in a cold sweat his heart pounding, his palms sweating. Each time he reached midair for his gun thinking he was in the middle of another battle. Finally the fifth time he feel asleep he was able to get a few hours before daybreak. With the dawn Andrew rose left his sleeping buddies and walked into the mess hall. The officers were all up as well and Andrew saluted them before he was given the go ahead to sit down, with them nonetheless. Andrew was honored and answered their questions and was given an update on the children he had helped. Both were doing good and were in the process of being adopted by the family that Isis had suggested. This pleased Andrew greatly they would be away from the horrors of the war. Far away from the dangers, and since they had no family Andrew was sure that in time they would adjust.

After breakfast with the officers Andrew excused him self and went back to his bunks. He had seen so much since had been here, most of which he had not told Isis, he wasn’t really lying to her he was trying to protect her. He knew for sure now thanks to his mother that she would be watching the news, and scanning the names of the deceased, he knew that she knew his brigade number. They had started out with one hundred, five had since died, and another twenty had been sent home due to injuries. He had told her about the children he help rescue but he did not tell her about the child soldiers that he saw walking around. Little children eight, nine, ten years old holding guns that were nearly taller then they were. Nor did he tell her about how the smell of death and blood never left his nostrils how he was never able to wash the smell of blood out of his skin. Nor how he had now held three buddies while they struggled for breath. How he promised to get messages to their families, last words.

The weeks went on more fire fights. Andrew was excited he was getting close to his 2 week leave where he would be able to see his Isis he had planned a surprise visit with his mom and hoped that she would be able to keep it a secret. Andrew was resting on his bunk when suddely men came flying in "Hebden we have to go now major fire fight"

(((My next post can be seen as extreme and discriptive, my character s going to be injuredd badly can you take it??))
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:17 pm

(Sorry about the late reply. I was on a trip with my family and could not get on the internet very much. I can handle it just fine.J) His mother got the letter the day after Isis went back to work. She wait for her to get home so she could read it herself and write her own reply. She reads it and stars to write.

My Dearest Andrew,

My love I am sorry I have not been writing. I have still not doing too well. I wish you were here with me. I want you to be here where you can be safe. Please be careful I have a bad feeling you are going to get hurt.

Your awaiting bride,

Isis

She mails the letter and goes to bed crying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 am

The fire fight was a bad one, but nothing compared to what was coming. It just so happened that the letter Isis sent him was delivered to him while they were outside the wire. But Andrew was about to respond to tell her that there was nothing to worry about when shots rang out around him he stuffed the letter into his pocket and grabbed his gun. Racing to get into a jeep he got into the second one in the line of five and they were off at neck breaking speeds.

Nobody could have seen it coming, before he knew it the jeep ahead of him hit a road side mine and it exploded. Shrapnel flew everywhere hitting Andrew in the head, but what he saw had prevented him from feeling it the jeep ahead of him had caught fire. He could hear the screams and rushed to pull someone, anyone out. He reached out and felt flesh and pulled hard. Again unable to feel the pain from his flesh burning, he brought the person to the ground and covered him with a blanket trying to dose the fire. When he removed the blanket he gasped.

There was not an inch of skin that was not burned. Andrew knew he wouldn’t survive but couldn’t handle hearing the whimpers so he reached into his jeep and pulled out the medical kit and gave the person a shot of morphine, Enough to make the pain end then he had no other choice but just to sit there. The smell of burning flesh in his nostrils made him gag and want to throw up.

Eventually the man stopped shaking and Andrew knew he had passed. Meanwhile the others had been securing the area. Standing up to greet them Andrew looked around the one jeep that was transporting five people was still burning there was nothing they could do about that. It was then that the officer looked at Andrew.

“Private Hebden you are injured.” The medical rushed to him. Andrew brought a hand to his head it was then that he felt it a long, deep. Cut with something metal still in it. Then he looked at his hands, he assumed 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hands and to his elbows the uniform had melted onto his skin. The next thing he knew he heard something that sounded like a car backfiring it was then that everything went black for Andrew. The team around him went crazy, they loaded him up in the jeep, he had been shot and they needed to get him out of there. Andrew was conscious and in unbearable pain but he was still thinking of Isis, he knew he had to fight for her but the pain was so bad. One of the medics gave him a shot of morphine and Andrew

Back at home Andrews’ parents got the worse call imaginable, their son was injured, a head injury from an accident, badly burned arms, hands, and face. And he had been shot three times twice to the shoulder and once to the head but it had missed his brain. He was alive but in critical condition. The monotone voice told them that he was going to be landing early the next morning, that they could not even operate in Afghanistan so it was a rushed evacuation but there son was in an induced coma. And it was going to be a long road but their son was a fighter.

The first thing they did was call Isis the last thing they wanted was for her to hear it on the news, but assumed that she already did his mom got the anwering machine. “Isis, before you freak out he is still alive, and is coming home, he is badly injured but we are meeting him at the airport before he gets transferred to the hospital, we wont lie it is serious, but he is alive call us back if you want to met him at the airport’ They got the answering machine but had hoped that she would met him there with them. Even if he was unconscious hearing her voice would probably help him. Andrews’ father held his mother and they both cried. Unable to call anyone else just waiting for Isis to call this would be the real test.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:58 am

Isis had just got in when his mother’s call ended. She plays back the message and cries falling to her knees. She calls them back on speaker phone because she knew she was too shaky to hold the phone. She says to them both, “Can you guys pick me up? I am too shaky and worked up to drive. How bad is he hurt?” His father tells her calmly and tears rush out of her eyes. She tells them a tearful good-bye so she could change out of her work clothes. Fighting all the tears that wanted to come out. When his parents drive her to the airport worry fills her mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 am

When Andrew's parents arrived at Isis house and saw her standing there, both of them quickly walked over and wrapped their arms around her. His mom spoke "He is going to be alright… he is strong." Even as she spoke, her soft voice did not hold the endurance her words wanted to carry. Her red, swollen eyes were testament of how she'd taken the news.

Andrew had arrived into the base in critical condition, where the medics and doctors were rushing just to stop the bleeding. The order was placed and quickly approved by the camp commander; he would be send home on the next available flight. No time passed for the still unconscious Andrew, though within a few hours a plane was prepared and ready to go; holding a few injured soldiers and supplies that needed fixing or replacing. By the time Andrew was taken aboard, he seemed like nothing more then a bandaged body lying still upon a red stained sheet.
Two medics stayed by his side, tending to any complications that might arise during the flight itself. With just over thirteen hours to wait, the families of the injured were being contacted and all would be waiting for them at the given hospital. For safety reasons, Andrew was kept heavily sedated and his body given time to do its best to heal on its own. He was not in the clear yet.

Moments after the plan landed, the rear door opened and flashing lights filled the belly of the plane. Without delay the medics rushed Andrew to the waiting ambulance, strapped him down and then stood back as it speed off down the runway towards the hospital. A crew-van was ready to pick up the other injured soldiers; for their condition was currently stable and not requiring such a drastic rush. One by one they stepped back into their country, mixed feelings of pride and shame filling them. But one feeling was shared amongst them all. I'm sure glad I'm not that guy.

A limo was there for Isis and Andrews parents “Sorry Ma-ams and Sir” A uniformed officer spoke “He took a turn for the worse on the Plane ride over, I have orders to drive you to the hospital” He opened the back door, and then quickly followed the Ambulance.

In the hospital they were led to a viewing room above the operation room where Andrew was being operated on. It took six hours and two blood transfusions to remove the shapenal and bullets from his body; Andrew was placed in serous condition and given a private room to Even after the opertaions his body was still an eye-sore. The fresh bandaged that wrapped his face, neck, hands and arms could only make one believe the worst of his condition. An I.V. tapped in his arm, various cuts, bruises and stitch marks. It would be a fair while before anyone could look at him without sympathy.

Dreams of his last moments filled his head, the screaming of fellow soldiers, every action that he took and what he should have taken, but every dream ended the same. Himself in a bullet-ridden coffin, left in the desert to rot under the sun. The pain within his heart and mind clearly out-weighed the pain, which wracked his body, a silent pain that no one could truly understand more then physical, mental and emotional.

The surgeon spoke to the family. “He is a fighter, he will be in a coma for a while, but he can hear you, but he is on morphine to ease the pain.” He then led them to the room and stood by the door to give them some privacy
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:03 am

Isis sits down beside the bed and says in his ear, “I am here for you Andrew. Along with your mother and father. I am going to be beside you every day. I can work from here so you won’t have to go through this alone. I love you so much.” Tears form in her eyes as she talks to him. She was angry at his father for making him keep this tradition alive. No tradition is worth the life of your only son. She was also angry at herself for being right about him getting hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Andrew laid on the bed in incredible pain the doctor had been wrong he was not getting enough morphine. He heard the voice of an Angel or at least that what it sounded like. He could tell the person was upset but couldn’t figure out why. Could it be related to the pain he was in? He couldn’t remember anything but he wanted to stop the pain of this angel so he tried to keep fighting. He wasn’t sure how long he layed there time had no concept for him.

As the first rays of the morning sun snuck past the curtains and danced across his blankets, his eyes opened for the first time in over twenty-four hours. Everything was blurry at first; there were black blobs close to him. As his eyes began to slowly focus with the new light, the blobs started to come into shape. Andrew blinked slowly as everything in the room came into focus the bright sunlight sneaking through the curtain stung his sensitive eyes. He turned from the window but immediately regretted it. There were people in his room. The two women were both being comforted by men he could see that.

He left out a soft groan to let them all know he was awake, hoping that whom they all were would come clear. He was in nearly unbearable pain but was unable to ask for something for the pain. He had no idea who these people were and that frightened him. He went to lift his arms but couldn’t. His eyes darted around fearfully. Wondering what happened and where he was
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Isis looks at him as she hears him groan and says, “Andrew you are awake.” She could see the pain in his eyes and ordered a nurse to get him a stronger dose of morphine. She looks in his eyes, “You are safe now my love. You are in a hospital.” She kisses his forehead as she was so glad to see him awake. She looks at his doctor and says, “Um doc I don’t think he knows who we are…”

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:53 pm

The angel spoke again. Said someones name...Andrew? Was that his name? He didnt even know his own name! Something was really wrong! He heard the Angel order some more Morphine, he knew that would help his whole body felt as if it was on fire. But as she came closer called him love then kissed him his confusion went up. Who was this? And why was she calling him love? He blinked still unable to talk, the pain radiating from ever inch of his body. He wanted some painkillers. He wanted to know who these people were. He did not like to be confused. He did not know where he was, who he was or who these people in his room, acting like they knew him. Like he was suppose to know them. He did not. He was sure of it. Who could they be? All he wanted was some more painkillers

Finally a doctor came in and He then noticed the Doctorrushed pass the others to Andrew’s side seeing the pain in his eyes checking the morphine drip finding it empty she refilled it and handed him another button “This is hocked up to the morphine drip, every twenty minutes you can press it and it will release more morphine to you.” Andrew tried to talk but still couldn’t. Trying to communicate with his eyes he shot his eyes to his visitors then shook his head slightly. The nurse understood right away, having dealt with this before

“The people in your room Andrew are…friends, they came to make sure that you are alright, sleep now” Andrew feeling the effect of the painkillers closed his eyes and fell asleep again. The Doctor then turned to Isis and the others “His brain is very swollen right now, I am sure his memory will come back, If you have any pictures of you guys together happy times, please tape them around him.” She touched Isis's arm. “I know this is hard, but he needs you know more then ever.” She looked around “All of you His body will heal, but his mind” She paused and looked at him “The pain, memories and horrors, locked in his mind will take a long time to heal, if they ever do” She looked around “Visiting hours do not apply to this floor, just so you know, I will have a nurse bring in a cot, you all need some sleep” She then walked out of the room. Leaving them alone again with the sleeping Andrew
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Isis nods and goes through her stuff to find all the pictures she had of them together. She tapes them around him so he would have some idea of who she was to him. Tears formed in her eyes as she had a feeling he was not going to get better anytime soon. She then sits down in the chair next to his bed. She falls asleep wishing her love would know who she was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 am

The drugs helped Andrew have a deep sleep, but unfortunately it was not dreamless. Andrew was forced to relive those last moments over and over again, the jeep bursting into flames, he himself bursting into flames, the screams, the horrible screams of his soldiers, boys the same damn age of him. He tossed in his sleep and then shook himself away he woke up drenched in sweat and shaking violently, for a few agonizing moments Andrew could not remember where he was, then everything came into focus. He was in the hospital. He could remember that but still nothing else. Even the dreams did not make sense to him in his waking hours. He was terrified he wanted someone to explain to him what was going on, who he was, why he was in the hospital.

He looked around for a TV. Didn’t hospital rooms have TV’s in it, surely what ever happened to him would be on the news, He could tell he was in pretty bad shape, just by the amount of pain that he was in. Andrew did not know how much time had pass but he when he awoke the sun was no longer shinning through his window, He dared to take a quick look around. there was a beautiful womand was sitting down beside him, asleep she looked almost as if she had not moved at all.

But there was something else; there were pictures all around. He could only imagine it was him he recognized the girl in the pictures as the girl that was sitting down beside him. He and her with their arms wrapped around each other, kissing, dancing, some of them both dressed up for what he assumed was their prom. He strained to remember; he knew there was something that he could not remember.

Something stuck away somewhere if only he could remember. He made the softest groan just to let them know again that he was awake. He was in immense pain but he did not want to knock himself out yet, he wanted to listen for a few minutes. To let them talk to him, maybe something would spark a memory; it was worth a shot right?
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 am

Isis wakes up hearing him groan. She smiles and says, “Hey Andrew.” She strokes his hand a moment letting him see the ring he gave her. She says, “You went to the war in Iraq and got hurt two weeks before you were to return to me. You were under heavy fire and a truck caught on fire. You got most of the men out of the truck. But they were badly burned and did not make it. You were shot a few times in the head and back. That is why you are having such a hard time remembering who I am to you and who your parents are.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:58 pm

He turned his face to the sound of the girl. Man even with out much sleep, and it was obvious that she had very little, she was drop dead gorgeous; whatever man was blessed enough to have her was very fortunate. He nodded painfully as she talked, but it didnt make sence.

He looked around at the photos around his bed he could see her in many of the pictures along with an other young man he could only guess was her boyfriend since her arms were draped over him. Then another lone one of a young man dressed in an Army uniform. As he stared at it, his last memory became even clearer there he was in, the jeep in front of him hit something then exploded engulfing in flames. The screams. The horrifying smell of burning flesh the pain, the searing pain of his flesh falling off. He remembered a pain striking him in the arm, and the hip, and the head. Then the memory went black.

He then looked down and saw the bandages covering his hands and his arms painfully brought a hand to his face and felt more bandages there. He was terrified, so he looked quickly to her, speakng horsly and barely auitobly “Wha…what happened? Who are these people? Who is that?” He pointed to the picture of him. “Is that me?”

He reached out to her and lightly touched her although it caused him great pain. “Please help me remember, before the pain gets too much” He laid back down and waited for everything to come more clear. It had to. He did not like not knowing, having something locked in his memory was more then he could bear, what was the nightmare about? Why was he riding in a jeep? Why did he remember a jeep exploding? Why was he shot? Was he in a car accident? And why wasn’t the news on in this place? “Why is the TV not on in this place? Is what happened to me on the news?”

Even though he had just been told it had been too much for him and his mind was still protecting him.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:12 pm

When Andrew point to the picture of him and asked if that was him, she nodded slowly. She says, “Yes that is you before you went to join the marines and was shipped off to Iraq to help end this war. You and your men were attacked while trying to get back to your base I think and the car exploded. You got most of the men out away from the car. That is why your hands are burned. While you trying to keep one of your men alive and get him to safety you were shot at multiple times and badly hurt. You and your men were quickly shipped back here to the states so you all could get the medical care you needed.” She goes to a big cabinet and opens it up to show him a TV. She turns on the news and sure enough he and Isis along with his family were on the news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:24 am

Looking at the picture again Andrew nodded. When she explained that he was in a war again that vision made sense, he remembered the heat, and not just from the fire. The dust, the weariness. The others, his friends! Where were they? Had he left them there? They all had made a promise that no one would be left behind. The pain filled his eyes but he couldn’t look away from her. His angel for the sun was glistening her hair just so, it made like a halo around her. As she went on it made sense the vision he had was true! Little by little things were coming together. He had hope that all his memories would come back and soon he relaxed when he heard that they had all been evaced out.

When he went over to turn on the tv an the visions of the screen came on. He saw her with the two people from earlier. He wrinkled his brow whch was hard to see since his face was still bandaged. He arched up as the pain returned but he didnt want to leave his sweet Angel again.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Isis looks at him a moment and says, “You are in pain Andrew. You need to have morphine to fight the pain.” She strokes his hand and says, “The doctor said that your older memories will return with time. But let’s not rush it.” A tear goes down her cheek as she was so worried about him not being able to bear the pain but she also knew he did not want to go back to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Shaking his head Andrew didnt want to leave her yet, and he didnt want to sleep, in his sleep the dreams would be coming. As she stroked his hand he smiled it did feel good. He felt aweful though he couldnt remember her, or thier life together or anything of that nature NOTHING! He couldnt blame all his head though he could still barely see through the bandages.

He saw the pain and shook his head. "Angel please dont cry" He rasped out. He looked around. 'Can I have some water? My throat is sore"

((sorry its been late I have been insanly busy I will try and catch up))
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Isis gets him a jug of water and says, “Here you go my love.” She brings the straw to his mouth so he could slowly take a drink of nice cold water. When he had enough to drink, she put the jug on a tray. She says, “I wish I knew a way to bring your memory back. I know you are confused and I don’t like seeing you struggle for something you should not have lost.” (It’s okay. Soon I will be busy too. I start college again.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:54 pm

The cold water felt so good going down his throat. His dry, cracked lips relived from the moisture. He nodded his thank you and laid his head back down. She looked exhausted; he had no idea how long she had been awake for? How much time had passed since he had arrived here? He had no sense of time, the only clue that it was still day was the small beads of light sneaking through the blinds. He nodded a thank you.

He looked up at her. "You are so beautiful Angel" He wrenched his body in pain again. "Angel I will make you a deal I will press the pain botton and get some more sleep if you will get some sleep yourself. His body was tense with pain and his eyes were full of it but he didnt want to leave his sweet Angel or face the dreams again.
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Isis looks at him calmly and says, “I can’t sleep my love I am too worried about you.” She kisses his neck and says, “Please let the medicine go into you. You need it in order to bear the pain.” She strokes his neck tenderly as she knew she could not go to sleep. She says showing him the engagement ring he gave her, “You and I were planning on getting married when you got done with your tour. You purposed to me in the field where we first met.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Xuxa_Rene Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:51 am

Andrew's body was contining to shake in pain but he wanted to stay awake and be with his angel, also the fear of having a nightmare again “I am sorry, you are worried about me” He whispered as the tears welled up in his eyes. She was being so kind to him, so understanding, explaining the simplest events to him. "I will try and remember”

He looked down he did not want to speak his fear, not yet. He looked again at her, she looked so tired, weary, and he felt compassion on her. Then he realized that he did not know her name, damn he was dating her, they had dated for years and he couldn’t even remember a freaking name? What the hell was that about? “You look exhausted when was the last time you slept?” He closed his eyes again waves of pain were washing over him as the painkillers had fully worn of now

When she explained the righ Andrew felt even worse, they were engaged and he couldnt remember? What kind of person was he! He was so wrapped up in hating himself he didnt notice the doctor walking in. He looked at Andrew and walked over and clicked the botton then looked at Isis "He is stubbrone, you might have to press it yourself sometimes" Soon Andrew had fallen back asleep and the doctor looked at Isis.

"He has a long road ahead, many more surgies, and its not clear if he will walk again, I know its hard to see behind the gauze but he has 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 45% of his body, he is going to need skin grafting" He paused. "Its going to be a long road, I just wanted you to know" He waited "Is there anything else you want to ask me or know?"
Xuxa_Rene
Xuxa_Rene

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 44 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 44  Next