The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beauty And The Beast Revamped Male needed

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Beauty And The Beast Revamped Male needed - Page 15 Empty Re: The Beauty And The Beast Revamped Male needed

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Ella smiles some and says, “I can handle that.” She knew there were things she would have to help with something. That was only natural. “I am your wife after all.” She gets him ready to be presentable for his duties as a king. She says, “Now I did see a list of things you have today. I think the first thing you should do is address the public. You know to let people know you are working on making things better.”

Back to top Go down

The Beauty And The Beast Revamped Male needed - Page 15 Empty Re: The Beauty And The Beast Revamped Male needed

Post by LadyRaven Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:03 am

Kaimar took a deep breath as once again, his hour of peace with Ella was removed.  She began to fuss with him, making him presentable.  Yes, he as slightly annoyed about it, but he smiled and said nothing and let her continue her fussing.  It didn't take Ella long to have him looking very regal and respectable indeed and when he gazed at himself in the mirror, he felt proud and content.  Soon after he was ready, Ella's handmaidens arrived, including Chloe, to help her get ready also.

All across the land, the effects of the magic had been felt and people had begun flocking to the centre of it to see what was going on.  All had grown up with the tails of the gargoyle prince and the curse, so it shocked them now to travel through the country and see the changes already made.  All were made welcome at the gates and they began to congregate in the main courtyard of the castle, staring in awe and hope that their lives were now changing for the better.  But they were also nervous, not knowing what to expect.  Would they still be faced with a hideous gargoyle?  Would the changes continue?  It all made for an electric atmosphere.

From the balcony on which he would speak, Kaimar looked through the windows at the people gathering as he went over his speech.  It didn't matter how many time he read it, he felt it wasn't enough for the suffering that his people and the land had suffered because of him.  He cast the speech aside, deciding to wing it.  The time came and he stepped out onto the balcony.  Some began to cheer as they saw him for the human that he was and no the gargoyle he had been made.  He lifted his head high, letting the light catch his crown and he stepped to the wall.

"My people!"  He called, feeling even more nervous than before.  "My people!"  The crowd quietened and all eyes were on him.  Kaimar swallowed hard and firmed his shoulders.  "Centuries past, this land was cursed with darkness and death.  Your King was murdered, leaving you destitute and alone and your selfish Prince was cast down into hideous darkness.  I cast you into darkness.  My curse was levied unfairly and unjustly on all of you and across this once bountiful country and I did nothing.  I let my own darkness spread and infect the land.  I failed you."  Murmurs and whispers of anger rippled through the crowd and Kaimar lowered his head for a moment in guilt.  "But a few months ago, something changed.  In our darkest moment, my darkest moment, an angel came to my salvation.  Her light shone through me and through this land and she changed everything.  She brought life back to this place and to you.  She saved my soul.  Her name is Eleanor Mathews."

Turning his head, he smiled to see Ella come through in her finery and he lifted his head with pride again.  Below, the crowds cheered for Ella and Kaimar bowed his head low to her as she came into view of them.  From the moment they saw her, their cheers became louder.  Kaimar took Ella's hand and presented her to the people.  "I give you Lady Eleanor Matthews!"  He called, "And with your grace, your future Queen.  Though descended from a noble line, she is a commoner, but do not be fooled, my people.  This lady is no mere girl.  It is her magic that has lifted our lands from the curse and her heart that has saved your now King."  The crowds continued to cheer for Ella, but also now for Kaimar.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:28 am

Ella came to his side when it was time for her to be presented to the public. The crowd cheered for them but it was not just Kaimar they wanted to hear from. The people did not know her. She stood her ground beside her king and held her head high despite the nervousness and fear she felt. “You may not know me but I have grown up as one of you. I know the loss and desperation you all have felt over these years of darkness. At the mercy of nobles and crooks alike. But fear not, this land and you the people shall know peace once more. No longer shall darkness creep and rule over you as now you are not alone. All your needs and pleas will be heard, not fall on the deaf ears of greedy nobles. I am not saying that we can fix everything is going to be fixed overnight. But I promise you things are going to change for the better.”

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:47 am

Kaimar stood with pride at Ella's side and nodded as she made her speech.  The cheering crowds responded by throwing their hands up and calling her name and he nodded in approval.  "Our doors will be forever open to those who wish their grievances heard."  He said to them, "And I will judge fairly on the evidence given and the statements of all connected with the issue.  As Lady Eleanor has stated, we cannot fix everything overnight, but we can at least make a noticeable start.  From noon onwards today, I will hear the first grievances from you."  Some began shouting about the tithes and what the nobles had demanded of them in tribute.  Kaimar firmed his jaw and shook his head, "The tithes are not a tax to line the pockets of those in power."  He said firmly, "The tithes are an offering for the coming year, a year in which I hope to see these lands and you, my people, prosper as it should be.  In regard to that, I am also giving notice now that Lady Eleanor and I shall wed on that day and I will present her as your queen.  I will be holding a grand feast as my offering and all my people are welcome to join us and celebrate.  Should you wish to offer your tithes here, you will be most welcome to do so.  If not, you will still be made welcome by myself and your queen."

The cheers continued and when the main doors were opened, people began to form a line to enter.  Kaimar left the balcony and took a deep breath as he pulled Ella close.  "That seemed to go well."  He said to her, "Let's hope the rest of the day will be as good."  He kissed her tenderly before adjusting the crown on his head.  He knew he would be busy now for the rest of the day dealing with gripes and grievances.  The people had a lot to complain about.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 am

Ella stood by her husband and offered a kind smile to the crowd to show that they were welcomed in their home. And just like he thought the people flocked to their doors in order to get their grievances heard. She stood beside him helping him pass judgement as each citizen stated their situation of wrongdoing. The most of what they were hearing was the crooked nature of the nobles such as high taxes to the point that the people were starving to death in order to pay the taxes. This was a common thing even in her village. She says in her husband's ear, "We should speak with all the nobles in question. Hear both sides of the story."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:09 am

Kaimar nodded to Ella, "Absolutely."  He whispered back as yet more people came forward to complain of the taxes levied against them.  He felt guilty for his inaction for so many centuries, allowing the crooked nobles to take what they wanted unchallenged.  Eventually, he heard all the complaints and there were indeed many and he sat back as the last left.  Closing his eyes for a moment, he let his head fall back against the headrest of his ancient throne and took a deep breath.  Chuck lifted his head from his desk to the left and took outa new sheet of paper.  "Have a message sent out to all the nobles that their King demands their presence at court.  If any refuse, have their lands removed and given to the people that work them.  I will begin hearing their defences tomorrow."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:41 am

Ella was just as drained as he was. She did not know if it was because she was new to it or if it was just that much of a let down. No one had anything good to report to show there was still good in the land. She says, "The people have suffered so much. It is amazing that they accepted us."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:56 am

Kaimar opened his eyes and looked across at Ella.  He nodded sadly, "When in desperation, people will flock to whomever they believe can help them."  He said, "Even if it means open war in many cases.  When the nobles get here, I will see what they have to say, but I will have to tread lightly.  Since the curse, I'm in no doubt they have amassed armies of their minions to keep control of the lands.  All I could have would be the people they've made suffer and I don't wish to lose any of them if the nobles declare war on the crown."  He then smiled at her, "You look tired, my love.  Why don't you go and rest and I will finish up here.  I will join you later."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:30 am

Eleanor nods in understanding. Many nobles did have army the under their control. But people were known to see the reason despite temptations if they were to be shown the light. So what could they do to show people that they were trying to do the right thing for everyone in this country? She kissed him softly before going to their bed to rest. Today was already an eventful day and it wasn't even past noon yet. She hoped that she would not get so tired so easily in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:50 am

(it was noon when he began seeing the people, hunny, so it would be late evening now)

Kaimar watched her leave and then looked out of the windows to his left at he darkening sky coming forth.  Chuck was busy at his side, writing out the summons for the nobles and Kaimar left his throne to sit with him and help him.  They would be working late into the evening, perhaps even the early hours to finish their task.  There were so many nobles, it was inevitable that it would take a while.

Eventually, the clock began to strike the early hour of two and Kaimar finally had to give up.  He staggered to his bed to find Ella already asleep and smiled as he shed his clothes and slipped in behind her.  He took in her scent and settled down to sleep with his arm over her and snuggled up to her back.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 am

As soon as he was in the bed with her, she woke up slightly. "You are working late my love." She cuddles into his embrace slowly working her way back into sleep. She was not looking forward to dealing with the nobles tomorrow. They were bound to make up several excuses for their behavior since the king was gone. She knew they had to be careful but they also still need to be able to pass some sort of judgement on them to punish them for their misdeeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:33 am

Kaimar gave a small nod and a snort of something drowsy and not quite awake before he cuddled further into Ella.  His sleep was dreamless and when he woke again the next morning, he felt tired still.  He stayed in bed for another hour, hoping to feel a little better and eventually, he felt awake enough to fall out of bed and face the next step of his rule.

The nobles had began arriving well before breakfast and they were as arrogant and rude as Kaimar had imagined them to be.  He watched from a distance at the way the staff were treated and that angered him.  They were his friends, his family and were well paid for their services.  They were not slaves to be ordered around.  If this was the way they would behave, then so be it.  he would treat them with the same disdain and disgust.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Ella got up a little bit after him. She put on a comfortable dress and joins him in watching the nobles. She tensed up as they treated their friends like slaves. She says softly, "Keep calm my love." She slowly walks out to where they can see her. She was going to test out how they would act with her. She did not wear the diadem so that they didn't know who she was.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Kaimar steadied his breathing and calmed as she suggested, but when she went into view of them without any protection, he began to panic once more.  The servants that the nobles had been ordering around, spotted Ella and they bowed their heads to her with a warm smile.  "Good morning, Ella."  Chuck said with his usual smile.  "What would you like for breakfast?"

Around the table, one of the nobles spotted the way Ella was treated and he narrowed his gaze before turning his head to the noble on his left.  "She's the commoner princess."  He said quietly, "The King's consort."
"I know."  The second one said, "Mere peasant."
"Peasant with power."  The first one said, "Be careful around her, she will be reporting to the King."
Both nobles nodded and regarded Ella with suspicion......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Ella looks at Chuck and says with a smile, "Some pancakes would be nice Chuck. Also would you prepare Kaimar's usual as well?" She looks at the nobles and says, "You know I can hear you right? Every word. You know this was to be a polite meeting. My husband and I would like to hear your side of how things have been going." She sits comfortably in her seat. Her tone was light and calm polite. She says, "Do you know how your harvest was this year?"

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:01 pm

The nobles glared at Ella across the table and fell into silence.  "Our business is none of yours."  The first noble sneered, "I personally will speak to the King about my business, not his whore."  Behind them, Chuck dropped the tray of food for Kaimar and picked up a rather sharp meat knife, but then put it down again as she saw Ella calm and cool.

"Then speak."  Kaimar said as he too glared at the nobles, but his eyes held much more danger in them.  "Dare to call my bride a whore again and you will see personally my ability to remove your head from the rest of you."
The nobles all quickly stood and bowed their heads to Kaimar, "Sire."  They all said in turn.
"Answer your lady's question."  Kaimar demanded and then shook his head, "Not to me, gentlemen, to your lady."
The nobles turned their attention back to Ella and the first one swallowed hard.  "The harvest was good this year."  He told her flatly....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Ella did not even blink when the noble called her a whore. She looks at Chuck and says, "Calm yourself. I am alright." She then turned back to the nobles. "Did you thank the people who worked your fields? I can tell you that you have not worked your own fields just by the way you move your hands. Without common people you would not have food in your belly. That is what people forget. Without the help of others none of us would have anything."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:24 pm

The noble sneered at her again, "Without us, they would have nothing to trade in the beginning."  He snapped, "They are mere peasants, what would they know about such a large scale trade?"
"Clearly more than you do."  Kaimar said as he sat down to breakfast.  Chuck served it up with a nod and a smile and then smiled to Ella as he refilled her tea cup.  "And out of curiosity, just how much of that trade went back to the people who worked your land so well?"
"The seed for the next harvest."  The noble said, "They have more than enough to plant for us and themselves."
"I see."  Kaimar said as he drank his coffee, "And how much of that surplus do you levy in taxes?"
"Less than we could."  The noble said firmly....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Ella looks at the nobles a moment. She would let Kaimar speak for now. She was biting at the bit. She smiles at Chuck. "Thank you for the tea." She was in a good mood despite the rudeness of the nobles. She eats her breakfast and politely waits her turn to speak. She says to Chuck smelling blood, "Your hand got cut Chuck. Would you like me to heal it for you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Chuck smiled, but pulled his hand from hers, "It will be fine, Ella."  He said with a warm smile, "It looks worse than it is, I promise.  You just enjoy your breakfast, even if you do have to sit through it with those..... people."

Those people.  That made Kaimar laugh openly and he nodded with respect to his friend, "Now that there is true kindness."  He said openly, "Something I'm sure you so called noble gentlemen know absolutely nothing about."  He finished his breakfast and stood up from the table.  "I've seen and heard enough to make my decision."  He said.
"That is a lie!"  One noble shouted as he too stood up, "You said you would hear our case and see our evidence.  You've done neither."
"Oh, but I have."  Kaimar said carefully, "Your harvest for the last year was good enough that you've made more money than you thought and what you've given back to plant, you intend to tax heavily.  That won't leave enough to feed the people that work for you.  And you've clearly underestimated their ability to cope without you.  For every one of you, I've had more than a hundred offer their grievances against you.  As for the evidence you wish to present, I already have it.  You've openly admitted that you feel you haven't taxed the people enough for the grain you've had them plant and your treatment of my own staff has shown me that you really don't care about anything beyond your own noses.  That, to me, Gentlemen, is more than I need."
"Be careful, Gargoyle King."  Said a second noble, "Without us, your so called lands are defenceless."
"Are they?"  Kaimar asked, "From what I saw yesterday, there are many a man that would take up arms to protect the land and the people.  And I do believe, despite your money, that you armies are as well paid as your workers.  I don't think it would take much to sway them to a better life."
"Then you incite war."  A third noble said icily.
Kaimar lifted an eyebrow, "I do?"  He asked, "How so?  By offering a better life to the people of my kingdom?  By providing food and shelter that won't be taxed by crooks like yourself?  If that is inciting war, Sirs, then so be it.  But know this."  He leaned on the table and smiled at the nobles.  For just a split second, he was every inch his father.  "I've had five hundred years to perfect my sword play and this mastery, I am happy to pass on to any of my people that wish to learn.  That also includes your armies, gentlemen.  So play me if you wish, but play carefully."...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Ella laughs some as the nobles acted like children. She says, "Kaimar tried to give you the benefit of the doubt." She looks at the main entrance as she felt someone was here. A foreman comes in and bows his head. He says, "Pardon me King Kaimar and Queen Ella. My name is Markus Cain. I heard that Queen Ella could heal people?" Ella stood up and went to him. His wife was holding their five year old daughter. She could see that the daughter was missing her arm. She touches the girl and the arm grows back. Markus says, "My boss is making the kids work in the fields." Ella leads him to the table. She says, "Which one is your boss?" He points at the tallest one.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Kaimar stood back and watched what happened.  The little girl had lost her arm, no doubt to some dangerous machinery that she as being forced to use.  At first, he felt anger towards the father for allowing it to happen, but when it was explained that they were all forced to do this, his anger shifted to the noble that was now being pointed out.  He went to Ella and touched her shoulder lightly, "Go with them."  He said quietly, "You have my mother's magic in you as well as your own.  They need you.  Leave this insect to me."  He looked at the noble and narrowed his eyes.  The noble, understandably, shuddered in fright, but he accused the farmer regardless.
"You lie!"  He yelled, "You are responsible for your own bastards, not I!"
Well, that did it for Kaimar.  Picking up the meat knife, he stabbed the noble in the throat.  "You will never utter another word like that in your life."  He growled....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:51 pm

Ella was about to go with them and help them more with calming the daughter. But she stopped when Kaimar stabbed the noble. She says, "Chuck escort the nobles to the study watch them closely and have Markus and his family go to the kitchen to get some better food in their stomachs." She heals the noble and says, "Remember the fear and how this could have been." She gets him and drags him to the study.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Kaimar regarded the other nobles then with real care and they did him the same courtesy.  They knew now what they were dealing with and so did Kaimar.  The proper meeting would now be very interesting indeed and as they were led to the study, he went down to the kitchen to check on Markus and his daughter.  Finding Cookie fussing over them, Kaimar smiled and bowed his head to Markus.  "Forgive my intrusion."  He said politely, "I just wish to know that your daughter is well."
"She is, Sire."  Markus said carefully, not sure how to take Kaimar now, having seen what he'd just done.
Kaimar also noticed this and bowed his head again with his arms behind his back, "I apologise if my actions caused you to fear me."  He said softly, "And I am sorry that it was done in such a public fashion, but I cannot tolerate any child being called such a vicious and hideous name."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:23 pm

March's wife looks at Kaimar and says to him slowly, "We not scared of you my lord. Many of your people are but not our family for our elders still tell stories of your parents greatness. We know the time will come when your greatness will shine through. And we thank you for standing up for our daughter. Not many would have done that. Everyone else would have let her die. Please give the Queen our thanks."

Ella set in the study with the nobles. She says to them, "It is clear where we stand with you. I suggest you don't step out of line again. You will give your workers a fair wage and lower your taxes until you are told otherwise. The people are already having a hard enough time. It is time that you give a little back to your fellow man. I don't think that is too much to ask. Also do not make the children work in the fields anymore. Your parents did not make you work in the fields so why would you make other people make their children?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next