The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter and The Thief

2 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Hunter and The Thief Empty Hunter and The Thief

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Dante had been living a good life of a thief. He had been dubed the Cat for he could jump from roof to roof, evading the cops and bounty hunters. The cops and the news media were stumped on how he could do such things. If only the fools knew the truth. He chuckled as he read the latest news paper. The picture there was a hand drawn one, done by somebody probably at the newspapaer. But it didn't have his face. No one knew what he looked like and he planned to keep it that way. He laid the newspaper down on the roof of the building he was crouching on and looked over at the building that held the next item he was going to steal.

It belonged to some rich dude that seemed never to be seen during daylight hours. A real night owl it seemed. Spend money like it was nothing and always going to the best restraunts with the lovely ladies and operas and such. It was said that he had a tierra that had three very large and perfectly shaped teardrop shaped diamonds that were valued at at least three million. He would snatch it and be away before the old boy even knew it was gone. Looking around for one last time he launched himself into the air and over to the roof of the building that was twenty stories above the street. He landed with cat like reflexes and melted into the shadows with his dark clothing. Picking the lock on the door was easy and then it was down the stairs to the Penthouse. The next thing was the safe. Ever since the accident he had been able to do things no normal man could. Even his hearing was a bit more sensitive. Listening to the tumblers as he turned the dial he heard the clicks as they fell into place.

With in minutes he had the tiera in his hand and then into a velvet bag. That was when things all began unfolding. The old boy came in with a young woman and before he could move he saw the man was not a man but a vampire, as his fangs extended and he sunk them into the neck of the woman. He had not seen one since that fateful day of the accident, when hunters had caught up to one and ran him through with a spear. But he had been behind the vampire and the spear pierced his flesh and the blood of the vampire mixed with his.

The suddeness of the act made him flinch and he made a noise which caused the vampire to notice him. He snarled and dropped the woman to the floor and Dante knew what was going to happen next if he didn't get out of there. He sprang from his position and was out the way he had come in a flash, the vampire close on his heals. up to the roof and again he launched himself to the roof of the building he had been on earlier and as he landed he kept running. A quick look behind him showed the vampire not to far away. "Shit." he said as he continued to run. From one roof top to another he ran, the Vampire always close behind. "Damn doesn't this guy ever get tired." he mumbled.

Back to top Go down

Hunter and The Thief Empty Re: Hunter and The Thief

Post by LadyRaven Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Not far from Dante's location and his unfortunate situatin, someone else was stalking the rooftops. The chase was oblivious to this hunter at present. She had her own target. MacKensie Trydant sat tenuously on a balcany railing, watching the alleyway below. Above her, the moon clouded over and Mac could smell rain in the air. That would make things more difficult. The type of lycan she was hunting had a habit of changing back to a human when the moon disappeared. And then came the rain. With a small groan, Mac adjusted her stetson to shield her face from the coming torrent. Her long coat began to lift and sway in the breeze and then glisten as it got wet.

It was just as she thought she spotted her target when all of a sudden, something on the rooftop across the street caught her attention. A man was running; not just running, thundering across the roof for his life! Then, just like that, her target disappeared again and she was left to watch the chase unfold. The man, clearly a thief of some kind (who else would be stalking the night besides her and the odd abnormal?) was being chased by an equally agile other, if not faster. Mac stood up on the railing, keeping her balance as easily as on any flat suface an lifted the brim of her hat to get a better look. The other was no human. The thief was being hunted by a vampyre! The decision to get involved was instant.

Using her skills in parqor, Mac jumped from the railing to grip the adjacsent building. She was on the roof in seconds and her first glok was drawn seconds after that. She caught up quickly and then changed direction quickly to put herself between the vampyre and his prey. Her gun was loaded with silver nitrate, but it would still sting enough to knock him back. With a slight jump, Mac came between them and stopped dead. "He sucker!" She yelled, "Pick on someone your own size, asshole!" She pulled the trigger, putting the bullet right between the vampyre's eyes. Unusually, the creatures head exploded while he was still running and Mac lifted a finely plucked eyebrow in surprise. She then spun around an fired another shot at the prey's feet to make him stop..
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 pm

The damn vampire was quick and didn't seem to get tired. Though Dante had some of the abilities of the vampires, he still was part human and the exertion was begining to wear him down. To make matters worse it started to rain. It made the roof top more slick and dangerous. He had to watch his footing as well as jump from one building to another. The edge of the building was coming up and he would have to make the jump to the next one. He didn't know what he was going to do if he could not get away from the vampire. He knew his secret, and that is something Dante knew the vampire was not about to let him live to tell.

Sooner or later he was going to have to stop and face the damn thing. But he needed something to fight it with. Something to run it through the heart with, a piece of wood, or something to cut it's head off. He cursed under his breath and then heard something, heard a femine voice, then a gunshot rang out and then another and a piece of the roof ripped up at his feet. He was just at the edge of the roof and it made him hesitate just enough where he knew in an instant he would not make it to the next roof. They were at least twenty stories up. Even though he was strong, and had the agility and he healed fast, a fall like that would mean his death for sure. He could die and he knew it.

With a leap he fliped himself backwards to again land on his feet on the roof and then slowly turned to take a look. The Vampire was colapsing in on itself, it's long age apparent as the body finally decomposed fast. Between him and the decomposing corpse stood a figure. He could not see the face because of the wide brim hat, but from the voice he heard, it was a woman. In her had she still held the gun. Looking the figure up and down, he had a feeling of what she was. "Nice evening for a hunt, eh Hunter." he said. Then he saw something in the shadows, just behind her, and the air smelled of dog. He leaped over the figure and as the figure in the shadow lunged forward he kicked it in the head making the creature fall backwards and to the roof on its back. "Oh great, another blasted creature of the night." he said as he landed on his feet.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Mac turned as quickly as the man jumpd back and then over her. She was sure she wasn't that small, surely! Nevertheless, this would-be snack had just saved her a nasty hit. She watched the man kick the lycan away and then made her own move. As he landed and the beast landed behind him, Mac physically pushed past him and samped her foot on the struggling lycan's throat. It wasn't a big one and so didn't have the reach to do her any damage. Besides, the thickness and weight of her boots provded plenty of height to get the better of this abnormal. She pointed her gun down. "Spiritus imparche." She said quietly, then pulled the trigger. The silver nitrate did its work and the dog's head exploded much like the vampyre's had previously. However, this body wouldn't rot until dawn came and the birds got their meal.

Giving a quick check of the area for any more interruptions, Mac moved back to the man, eyeing him curiously. No normal human could move that quick, not even her and she was the best! Her gun came up again in caution. "Who are you?" She demanded, "And what the hell were you doing trying to outrun and goddamned suckerhead!" As her other hand came up, there was a glint of gold on her ring finger. The signit ring of the Vatican's hunters was unique and instantly recognisable to those who knew what they were. From the shape and size o it, Dante would see that Mac was the highest ranking hunter the Vatican had - Eagle Standard...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Dante watched the figure stop her foot on the creature's neck and say something in latin and brought the gun around and fired it at the things head. It exploded, and Dante raised a brow. Then the figure turned to him and asked him who he was and why he was running from a vampire. "Well lets just say that the old boy didn't like the idea of being found out. As for who I am, well lets just say that is not important." he grinned and poked the lycan with his foot. The glint of gold caught his eye and his head turned to look at her hand.

He shook his head, "Lovely. A damn Vatican Hunter. Hope your better then the ones I meet fifty years ago." He then cursed. He had not wanted to say that. "Well appreciate the help with the vampire. But I have things to do and places to go." he smilled and made a slight bow to her. He made sure the velvet bag was still attached to his belt as he began to walk towards the edge of the building again. A hand invertently went to his side. Where the spear with the vampire's blood had entered him. He still bore the scar of that wound, even though every other wound he got since that time healed with out scaring, that one left a scar.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Mac turned on her heel and quickly moved past the man to block his path. And just as quickly, the gun was up to his face. As of yet, her face was still mostly hidden by her hat. "You're welcome for the help." She told him flatly, "But you've yet to answer my question and trust me, those monkeys have nothing on me, so don't even try. Name." The order was clear.....

His eyes narrowed a bit, when she brought the gun up to his face. "Now, now, is that any way to treat someone you just met?" He lifted a hand up quickly and with his fingers moved the gun from his face. "Now why do you want to know my name. Especially since you haven't even introduced yourself."

The gun moved briefly, but she snapped it from his finger and put it back where it was. "Because that vamp wasn't just chasing dinner." She replied coldly, "Especially old ones like that. You took summats you shouldn't. Makes you a thief to my eyes mate, so cough your name or this gun'll be the last thing you ever see." The slight socttish twng came through now, showing she was getting irritated with him. "And you'll know my name when you see my face."

Well now she was a stubron one. "So I took something of his. But that was not why he was chasing me. Saw him sink his fangs into a woman. The old boy had made everyone think he was a night owl and one that enjoyed the good life. Doubt that he wanted anyone around to reveal his secret." He still didn't want to give her his name. She had seen his face, and that ment trouble as it was. "Well if you need a name then you can call me The Cat." He hoped that would be enough for her. Especially if she had read the papers of his capers.

Mac lifted an eyebrow and lifted her head just enough to see the line of her jaw and cheekbones. Her face was as slender as the rest of her. "The Cat?" She repeated, then laughed quite humourously, "The thief that's had the cops running in circles. I'd be impressed if it weren't for the fact you're sloppy at best." well, to her he'd been sloppy, "The idea is that they never know you've been there at all, The Cat." She finally lowered her gun and lifted her head a little more. Deep sapphire eyes now stared at him and as the rain and the skies cleared, her whole face was now seen...

"Never said that I was neat. Besides it is more fun when the police are chasing, and I make fools of them. Besides what other way can one gain a reputation." She lowered her gun and raised her head more so he could see her face. He looked up as the rain stopped. "Finally." Then he looked back at the woman. "So you are a hunter for the Vatican. Your ring is different form others of have seen."

Mac's face remained stoic as he explained his game. She had to admit, the reputation was worth having. When he mentioned her ring, she looked at it and held it up a little. "I'm not just a Vatican hunter." She told him, "I'm theVatican hunter. You've never seen my ring before because I'm the only one that holds it. The Eagle Standard."....

He chuckled. "Well now, the best of the best." He looked back at the dead lycan and the clothes of the vampire now blowing about the roof top. "I take it you were not here hunting the vampire, but the lycan. Isn't that a bit lowly for such a high ranking hunter?"

Mac lifted her eyebrow again and looked at the dead lycan. "A means to an end." She said, "That young one will let the Alpha know that his pack is being hunted. While he's moving the nest, I can wipe the lot out in one go. Much easier." She gave a cheeky grin and then looked directly at The Cat again, "Trydant." She said, "My name is Mackensie Trydant. Now how about your real name?"..

He sighed. Well at least she was not a cop and he had to trust her not to give him away to them. "Dante Savant." he gave a slight bow. He wondered if it meant anything to her. The fool hunters that had impaled the vampire and him had left him for dead. Calatteral damage one would say. They just took his ID and left him there, probably for their report or something. That day had changed his life. He thought he was a dead man, but the wound healed rapidly and later he found he was stronger, more agile then he had been and then any other man. He had some how been given the abilities of a vampire but without having to live on someone elses blood.

Mac's face paled somewhat more than usual. "Dante Savant." She repeated, reaching for her gun once more, but she hesitated. "August 14th 1958." She continued, "Dante Savant was collateral damage during a hunt. When the clean-up crew arrived, you had vanished. The Vatican has been hunting for you for a long time. By all rights, I should take you in."....

"Looking for me?" Now that was something he had not counted on. "Why would they be hunting me?" he asked her. He didn't think that they would know he had inherited the abilities of a vampire, and if they did, why would they care. He was not a vampire or one of those that they hunted.

"You've been tainted." She explained, "You were supposed to be burned in case of infection. Then you went off the grid. You're a lesson in fuck-ups, Dante, and one that has never been repeated." She began to pace a little, but made sure she could give chase if he decided to make a run for it. She then pulled out her cell phone. "Give me one good reason not to make this phone call."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:54 am

Tainted! Well he supposed one could call it that. To him it was a blessing. Something that possibly been given to him by a higher power. He chuckled, "Well if being able to live a long life with out growing old, being stronger more agile and a few other things, then you could say I have been tainted. But look at your history of the Bible. How long did Adam and Eve live, and thier children after Cain and Able. Look at Samson and others in the bible. Would you consider them tainted, or blessed? Just because one gains something from someone does not mean they are a monster. It is all in the eye of the beholder one could say."

He really had no "Good Reason" for her not to make the call, but he had noticed the hesitation and what she had said before. "I think the Vatican is only wanting to cover up the fact that they screwed up, and left an innocent man to die. Besides I have a feeling you don't want to let them know."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:21 pm

"You've missed the point entirely." Mac replied sharply. "For a start, Adam and Eve commited a sin and were punished for it and Cain murdered his brother. As for Samson..." She shook her head, "As for you, don' even try to quote the bible to me. I know that damned book back to front and then some." She put her phone away, but only for now. "And don't compare your situation either. You were tainted by a creature of evil and you chose to let it continue and what's more, you use that taint to spread more evil with your thievery."

Mac moved away, but then stopped and pointed a finger at him. "Whether or not I want them to fnd out about you is up to me and their screw up aside, you've pricked my curiosity. Like how you actually survived would be a good start. The viruses in their blood are fatal and it seems you carry none of the trademarks of their species. Secondly, how on earth have you evaded us for so long?"...
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Dante laughed at her rational. She probably did know the bible front to back, but did she know the Church. "Well at least I admit I am a thief, not like the Church on many occasions and don't tell me you think what they have done over the centuries was not evil." He was talking about the slaughter of hundreds if not thousands in Mexico when the Conquistadors came with the priests. They destroyed thousands of books, and had people killed if they did not convert. The same was true in europe after the roman empire became converted. They destroyed cultures everywhere just because they said everything about them were the work of the devil. Then during the Dark Ages there was the inquisition and how many died and were tortured just because they questioned the meaning of what was being preached. "The history of the church is not all Holy and at least I am not killing inocent people or destroying lives. Yes I steal, but only from those that have so much that they can afford it. Besides all of it is insured and they get their money anyways." Then he grinned. "Also who says thievery is always evil. All of it all does not go to me." He grinned. "Would you like to see where a nice chunk of what I get from these trinkets go to?"

When she moved away he figured she was leaving. Then she stopped and asked him how he survived and how he had evaded the Vatican so long. To that he shugged his shoulders. "Not sure on how I survived. Just thought that the old vamp's blood mixed with mine and it changed my DNA somehow. I don't think that it is not the blood that transforms a human into one of them, but something in their saliva when they bite the person. The blood I think brings them back from the brink of death like it did me. As for how I evaded your precious Vatican so long....... Well some secrets should remain a secret don't you think." Actually he had just dropped off the grid. He never paid for anything unless it was with cash, so no record of his name was anywhere on credit reports. He never owned a car, or anything that would put his name on anything and he usually used an alias. Simple things that made it hard to track someone. But he had no idea that the Vatican had been looking for him. "Come on and I will even treat you to dinner."

In another city, a lone figure stood on the roof top of a building watching the street below. So many delicious, blood filled humans moved below, unaware of him above, watching and selecting the one that would be his next victim. This night he would bring terror to this small city, like he had in a number already. He selected the woman he wanted and followed her along the roof top and jumped to the next one to continue watching and following her. Soon the well lit streets gave way to less and he dropped to the ground and stayed in the shadows. He began whispering, making his voice seem closer then it was. He could hear her heart begin to beat faster, and he smiled. Now to begin the fun part of his hunt. He used his ability to be in one place while he looked to be in another a second before. As he passed her he briefly and lightly touched her arm, again and again. Soon the woman was running, her fear making the adrenalin pump thorugh her veins. He guided her by making her turn this way and that until she was in a dark ally, that had no way out.

Finally he slowly aproached her as she searched franticly for a way out. He chuckled evily as he slowly closed the distance between him and her. She turned to watch him approached. He was a handsom looking man in a long black trench coat, but his eyes, they were not normal and filled her with even more fear. About his neck he wore a gold chain that held several rings. All were unique but yet somehow held a designed that was similar. He finally reached the woman and slowly moved his head towards her neck as she began screaming. He sank his fangs deep into her neck and drank greedily, sucking the life blood from her and then dropping her to the ground. In the morning she would be found, just like the three previous ones. All would know that there was a vampire in the city. They would begin to be afraid to go anywhere, making their blood even more delicious. His hand instictively went to he rings about his neck. Soon the Vatican would send yet another to hunt him, and he grinned broadly. He would deal with them as he had with the others they had sent.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Mac stood wide eyed for just a second, wodering if this guy ws for real. "Are you living on cloud cookoo land or something?" She asked, "You're talking like you're Robin Hood." She shook her head an laughed for a moment. She did however, have to conceed his point about the Church. "But ok." She continued, "I've got my reason not to call you in.... yet." She moved closer to him and holstered her glock firmly behind her back. "So show me where all this money goes and you're definitely paying for dinner." She moved to the edge of the building, looked down to make sure the coast was clear and then made ready to jump down the drainpipe. "You comin'?"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:19 pm

He chuckled and followed made the jump down a couple of floors and then down to another window ledge and so on till he was on the ground, waiting for Mac to join him. Once she was on the ground he began walking. "First we have to take the Subway for a bit." he grinned. He lead her to the nearest subway entrance and paid for a couple tickets. The trip only took about twenty minutes and when he exited the subway train he lead her to a large building with several playgrounds around it. As he approached several young kids came running out and surrounded him. They were followed by an elderly couple.

"Mr. Wells it is good to see you again. The Children have been wondering when you would make another visit." They looked at Mac and then at Dante.

"She is a friend." he told them, and when he could began moving towards the building. He looked back at Mac. "Jack, Mary, i would like you to meet Mac. Mac this is Jack and Mary. They run this orphanage and see to the care and education of the children here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Mac lifted an eyebrow at all the children and the old couple. Dante introduced her and she shook hands with them and smiled, but didn't quite feel at ease here. The kids looked incredibly happy and Jack and Mary looked and sounded sweet and honest. "You sure this is an orphanage?" She asked Dante in a sideways manner....

"Yep this is. Found this place a few years ago. Mary and Jack were trying to make a go of it but everything was falling in on them. I took one look at the kids here and knew I had to help. I had the money....." he looked at Mac and grinned. Had the place remodled, landscaped, and have been funding the place ever since." Once inside the place was clean and well furnished and homey. Mary and Jack make sure that those people looking to adopt are good people and can take care of any of the kids here. The kids themselves help cook and clean." One of the girls about 10 years old giggled. "We are having Lazana tonight with garlic bread and salad. You are staying for dinner aren't you Dante?" she asked.

Mac felt speechless for a second time, but then remembered to be polite. "Wow." She offered, "That's actually really cool." She looked around, taking in everything she could see, hear and smell, including that lasagne one of the girls spoke about. Then, she just couldn't help her mouth. "This is nothing like what I grew up in."....

Dante grinned, "You see what I do is not all that bad, now is it." he had to rub it in. He had used his abilities to rob for a long time and had usually spent it on himself, till he found the orphanage. Something just clicked inside him and well it had changed his life. "So what do you think?"

"I'm wondering why I ever listened to those damned penguins all these years." Mac joked back. "And I love this place. You've got a good thing going." She then leaned into him a little with a smirk, "I'm impressed, so you can stop rubbing it in now, ok?"....

He laughed as the kids all escorted them into the large dinning room. Then they quickly disperced, some going to get the dishes, and others to bring in the food and set the tables. "Can I take your coat and hat." one of the boys asked Mac.

Mac looked at the boy, who was almost as tall as her and quickly shook her head. "Thanks, but I'll hang onto them if that's ok with you." She said. Her coat hid more weapons than most military soldiers, not to mention a rather huge revelation tattoed across her back. "But you can borrow my hat for a while, if you like?" She took it off and ran her fingers through teh lush, but slightly wet hair. She smiled brightly and planted the hat firmly on his head, "Just promise me you ain't got no lodgers up there and we's be fine."....

The boy grinned and took her had to a coat rack and placed it on there. Dante pulled out a chair and motioned with a hand for her to have a seat.

Mac smiled and sat down, flicking her coat out so she didn't sit on something hidden there. There was a flash of silver as one of the stakes caught the light in the room, but it was passed off as nothing. Once sat, she shrugged her shoulders and lifted her arms slightly to move the heavy sleeves back to be more comfortable. Dinner arrived and Mac looked around the table at the smiling, happy faces. "This is so weird." She breathed....

Jack and Mary began serving up the food, making sure the kids had plenty to eat, and that there was plenty for Dante and Mac before serving themselves. "Nice to have some company." Mary said. "You should bring more friends over Dante." she smiled over at Mac. The kids began digging in and complementing the kids that had prepared the food. Dante began eating. He always liked comming around at the time they eate. It was the only time he eat really good food.

Mac devoured the food quite quickly. It was too delicious to let it get cold. When she'd finished, she looked across the table and Mary and then Jack. "I can't believe you guys run this place all on your own." She said, "But I guess the kids help you out quite a lot. I've never seen a place like this before."...

They both smiled. "Well if it wasn't for Dante here, you never would have." Jack said. "We give the children love and attention and do our best to give them an education as well. When we find homes, they are ready to start new lives, though they keep in contact with us." Dante finished his meal and leaned back in his chair. He noticed a couple of the kids were missing and he looked over at Mary and Jack. They nodded and Dante smiled. Another two had been found good homes and would hopefully grow up to lead good lives. He had grown up in not such a good family way. His father was a drunk, and his mother was one that had no use for either his father or him. He learned to survive on his own, stealing things to sell and feed himself and get what he wanted. Having these kids find good homes made him happy.

Mac smiled again and looked down at her empty plate for a second, then again around the room. "I wish you all the luck in the world with this place." She told them, then looked back at Dante. "I have to check in with Control." She told him quietly, "Is there some place private I can use?"....

Dante nodded and rose from his chair, "This way, you can use the office." he took her to the office and shut the door. "So tell me, do you still think I am tainted and evil?"

Mac followed Dante into the office and took out her phone. "Tainted? Yes. But I don't think you're evil." She told him as she dialed the number. "Can I have a minute please?"....

He grinned and opened the door again and stepped out. "Its about time you checked in." came the voice on the other end of the phone. "Report."

Mac listened to the tone of the voice on the other end and scowled. "I've been busy." She snapped back. "And I've nothing really to report right now. The whelp is dead. No doubt the Alpha will move the pack in the next few days, so I'll pick them off on the fly. Any news on the dead girls yet?"...

"Yes. It seems we have a very powerful bloodsucker. He has moved to another city and has it in a panic. The police think it is a serial killer. But it is him, one we have been hunting for centuries. We have lost a number of hunters already on this one. We are sending in your old team."

Mac moved to the desk and removed her coat. She draped it over the chair and then sat down, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. "Who's heading the team?" She asked, "And where are they reported to land? They know what they are up against, don't they?"...

"You know who is leading the team now." the voice said on the other end. "They already are in the city where the creature is at. You have the Pack to deal with. This one is not your concern."

The pen snapped in Mac's fingers. "The pack be damned Mike!" She shouted. "Gabe is not ready for him. He's not ready!"..

"I think he is. He has shown great potential since you were promoted." The voice was cold and caculating. "Now you keep your mind on your mission and make sure you report in on the progress."

Mac growled. "I'm telling you now. You send Gabe in there and Anubis will be shitting him out by tomorrow. The Pack will be dead before the second quarter and then I'm going after Anubis. Understand, you whining shit?!" She threw the phone down on the desk and thumped it twice. Once done, she grabbed her coat and swung the office door open, making to leave....

Her anger had made her voice carry beyond the door to him. She was not a happy camper. When the door opened he was leaning against the wall. "Sounds like things are not to good with the home office." he didn't know why he asked, but he did, "Need any help?"

Mac stopped and swung her coat back onto her shoulders again. "Bunch of assholes!" She told him, "The whole fucking lot o'em! They havena kin what they're huntin' and he won't spare 'em mercy!" She shoved her arms through the sleeves and made for the main room again. "I need ma hat." The accent was strong now and it showed just how furious she was...

Mary and Jack came out of the dining room a concerned look on their faces. The saw that Mac was not happy. Dante held up a hand to stop questions and whispered to Mac. "Wait here." he told her and moved to talk to the old couple. "Tell the children I'll be back later. I am going to take Mac home. She has had some bad news from her work." Then he went back to Mac and opened the main door to the orphanage and left with her.

Mac cleared her face as much as she could of the anger and even managed to smile at the boy who wore her hat. She took it back and gave him a pat on the head. "God Bless." She said to him and then left the orphanage. She walked for a while and then whistled for a cab. As it pulled up and she opened the door, she turned to face Dante. "You're best off out of this." She told him, "I'd tell you to go home, but I know you won't. If you want to know who Anubis is and why he's so dangerous, come with me." She got in and then leaned forward to the driver. "Corner of 3rd and Main." She said and tossed a coiuple of notes over the seat.....

Dante climbed in the back seat with her and settled in. "Anubis? Not the egyptian god?" That was the only Anubis he knew of. "What is he, vamp, lycan, or something else.

Mac sat back in the seat as the cab drove away. When Dante started asking questions, she looked at the driver, then slid the partition over. "One and the same." She told him quietly, "11,000 years old at least. He can walk in the day, eat and drink like any regular person and pass through a crowd without anyone ever knowing he was there. The Order has been hunting him since its creation.

Anubis had learned long ago to change is identity. Planting fake birth records, education records and such to create a past for himself. That way he had been able to keep himself hidden from the Church and their many hunters. None of them that were alive knew what he looked like and being able to walk around in the light of day also helped. To any he looked just like a normal human being.

Every hunter that has found him has died. He's been reported all over the world. The romans called him the Plagues of Darkness. The Greeks called him Everlasting Death. He can change his appearance in the blink of an eye and he can kill you even faster than that. Anubis is the ultimate weapon of darkness. Some call him the Devil himself."...

He also knew that the Vatican had no idea that he could stand the light of the sun or even eat normal food. As he settled down for the night after feeding he could only smile at the whole situation. He had evaded the church's hunters for a very long time. "Who will they send this time?" he wondered. Back with Mac, Dante raised a brow. "So he is a powerful vampire. Anyone know what he looks like? You say he can change his looks? That means he could be anyone." Yep she was going to need some help. "So from the sounds of it, they are sending someone in that is not ready for someone like him. Friend of yours?"

"He's not just a powerful vampyre." She replied, "He's believed to be the original creation and yes, he can change his looks any time, any place and he can look like anyone. We've got pictures, but he changes from city to city, town to town." She looked down at the back of the driver's seat. "They're sending Gabriel. He was my right hand for nearly five years. A good friend. No-one can be ready for Anubis. The last high ranking soldier they sent after him came back in a series of bin bags sent from all over Europe. We never got his head back, or his ring. Anubis collects them and he's got dozens of them now. Gabe is about to be his next trophy."....

"Do you know where they are sending your friend?" he asked. By the way it had sounded back at the office, they had not told her. "How are you going to know where to look?" From the sounds of the vampire he was one that would take a small army to take down.

Mac didn't look up as she answered. "Finding them is the easy part." She said, "We just follow the dead bodies."....
:
Gabriel and his team loaded up their weapons and insured that they had enough of everything for the hunt. "He is here. The body count is at seven, all young women." he took out a map of the city, and it had marked on it each of sites where the bodies had been found. "I figure that he has set up his lair some where here in the center of this circle." he jabbed a finger into the middle of the attacks. He looked at the others of the team. "I don't have to tell you that this one has killed many of our brothers and sisters. Strike fast and with out hesitation."

The cab arrived on the corner and Mac stepped out. She motioned for Dante to follow her and crossed the street towards an old church. "Your name is Steve. You're a witness and I'm hiding you." She said. "Keep your mouth shut no matter what you see or hear, understand?" She moved up the steps of the church and entered...
:
Dante followed her and as they approached the church had an uneasy feeling. Ever since the incident he had never went into a church. He always had a bad feeling about it. But he had committed to this so he followed her. He looked around the inside of the church and felt a bit sick to his stomach. He guessed the vampire blood mixed with his didn't like it. "What now?" he asked her.

Mac put her finger to her lips and then turned to face the altar. A few seconds later, a priest appeared and moved down the aisle to greet them. "Good evening." He said politely. Then he recognised Mac and his smile faded. "Commander." He said, "I was not expecting you so soon. Have you completed your mission?" His eyes then turned to Dante, "And whom have you brought with you?" Mac held her head up and took her hat off. "Father Griffin, this is Steven." She replied, "He witnessed something involving an unknown abnormal and I've brought him here to claim sanctaury. No, my mission is not yet complete. The incident interrupted the hunt, but things are in order and should be resolved in a matter of days."...

As Mac suggested, he kept his mouth shut and listened to what they were saying. He had to keep himself from laughing. Yeah he had been a witness of sorts. He wondered why she was there at the church. She had reported in already.

Father Griffin nodded his head and looked Dante up and down. The air seemed to relax again as the priest gave a wrinkled smile and moved forward to hug Mac. "It's nice to see you again MacKensie." He said quietly, then motion for them to follow him. "Come. I've cleared the back room for you and there's plenty of hot water." He looked again at Dante. "There's room for you too, but keep your head down and there shouldn't be any trouble."

He wondered what the priest was talking about. Keep his head down? Plenty of Hot water. Oh well he thought better just go along and aske her later. Anubis heard them before they even entered the building. He grinned and rose from the bed. He made his way to the outside of the building and moved along a ledge. Inside he could hear them trying to be quiet. He moved inside the building behind them. The last one of the team was the first to go. He screamed just before his neck was broken and his body fell to the stairs. Anubis was gone in an instance, back outside and on the ledge moving and jumping to another ledge to get above them. He was going to have fun and enjoy killing them. Dante just followed along waiting to see what happened next.

Mac and the priest moved through to the very back of the church and then through a small door to a corridor that took them to a more comfortable space. Griffin removed his white square and opened the collar of his shirt. He wasn't the stuffy type that most people thought priests to be. He led them further back into what had once been the homeless shelter for the area, but it had long since rejuvenated. "There's clean clothes in the locker and there should be something for your friend too." Griffin said. Mac moved away and the priest moved to Dante. "It's ok." He said quietly, "I know your name isn't Stephen and it's up to you if you want to tell me your real name. MacKensie and I have a good understanding of what does and doesn't get reported back to Rome. You're welcome here for as long as you need." He smiled warmly, then pointed across the room. "There's a bunk over there you can use and there's clean towels and whatnot if you need it. The kitchen is down the hall. If you need anything, just give me a shout."....

As the team turned and looked down at their dead comrade they looked around their weapons up and sweeping the stairs up and down as they again began slowly to move up the stairs. Gabriel knew that they had been spotted and now it was either Anubis or them. The next one of the team was the first man. It looked as if a large beast of some kind launched itself from the shadows and knock the point man off the stairs and down to the lower level, his throat ripped out. It was at this point that Gabriel decided to retreat back down the stairs as fast as they could. Him and the last of his team made it out side. He was breathing hard and sweat streaked his face. "What the hell is this thing. How can he move like that." He had never seen any vampire like this one. That was when he heard the whisper as if it was in his ear, and the laugh that sent a chill up his spine. "Is this the best your precious Vatican can send." then the evil laugh, "I let you live to tell your precious Pope that The Prince Of Evil does as he wills and will forever." A long scratch appeared on his neck and then it was all quiet. Shaken a bit he took out his phone and called his contact, Father Griffen and reported what had happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:02 pm

While mac disappeared to dump her gear, Griffin turned to answer his phone. "Excuse me a moment please." he said to Dante quietly, then walked away as he put the phone to his ear."St Francis church, Father Griffin speaking."
"This is Gabriel." his voice was shaking and one could tell he was afraid. "Father....... I, we, found him. But, God what is he? He is to fast, and seems to be in two places at once. I have lost two good men..... in a matter of seconds."
Griffin took a deep breath and looked across the large room to where Mac had a few minutes previously. "Calm down Child." He said as comfortingly as possible. He was aware of why Gabriel and his team were in the city. "I would advise that you come in and report the situation properly."...
Suddenly on the phone one could hear a hidious and evil laugh and then the scream of one of Gabriel's men, and Gabriel yelling "Nooooooo!" Again Anubis had struck. In the open as Gabriel and his two remaining team members retreated to their vehicle, he struck. This time he was again in a large wolf form that moved from shadow to shadow and pounced upon one of the men, tearing out his throat. Griffen could hear gunfire as Gabriel and his remaining team member opened up. Anubis moved quickly and was gone in the blink of an eye, his evil laugh filling the air. "He is..... he, he is nothing like I have seen before. He changes from vampire to wolf. None can do that. What is he?" Gabriel almost screamed in the phone.
"Pull out!" Griffin shouted back, "Get out of there! Stop asking questions and just get back here now!" In the backround, Mac had overheard the priest's shouts and returned. Griffin spotted her, "He's got them cornered, I think." He said quickly, "They won't last long unless they can get here."...
Dante was on his feet as he heard the priest talking to someone and when he began shouting. Mac came running and from what was being said it seemed that the vampire Anubis was in the city. "Oh great, here we go again." He turned to the priest, "You have anything that might help here?" he asked the priest. "Weapons?"
Griffin shook his head. "We keep no weapons here." he said, "Only what the Order's hunters bring with them." Then the line went dead and Griffin sighed through his teeth. "Where were they last reported to be?" Mac asked quickly. Griffin rubbed his forehead, trying to think. "East District." He replied, "2nd and Fairfax." Mac instantly grabbed for her coat. She was going to rescue them...
"Well then do you at least have a car?" he asked as he quickly snatched a blade from Mac before she could get her coat on. He moved it about liking the balance. "This will do." he looked at Mac an appoligitic look on his face. Griffin tossed him the keys to a car, "Out back." he said and Dante sighed and made for the door. "Don't say you don't need the help. Wouldn't do you any good."
Mac lifted an eyebrow at the stolen blade and then nodded at Griffin for the use of his car. "I'll try and bring this one back in one piece." She promised and then raced outsdie to the garage. A new Golf GTi. Mac gave a nod of approval and snatched the keys from Dante. "I'm driving." She said firmly, then got in the car...
He laughed and moved around to the passenger side. "Now do you have a couple more items that might help out here." if she was right about him walking in daylight, then nothing like that would work. Silver might, but he had heard cutting off the head of a vampire was one way to kill it. he looked at the bade he had taken.
"I have a few things we can use." She said as she started the car and pulled it out onto the road with a skid. She planted her foot and the car shot off towards the East District of the city. As they drove, she looked at the katana Dante had taken. "Be careful with that." She warned, "It'll take your hand off with zero warning."
He grinned. "Oh I know. I am not totally unaware of such a blades temperment and sharpness." He had always been a fan of kungfu movies and such with battling warriors with swords and such. He had taken up the practice a bit. He had gotten fairl good at it, not an expert but he was happy with his skill. He found that it had nothing to do with his present profession so he had not bothered to continue on with it. He held on as she drove like a mad woman. Cars honked their horns and people yelled at them and he just laughed. "Hopefully I'll survive this ride." he grinned.
Mac gave a short laugh of sarcasm, "My driving skills are the least of my talents." She told him as she pulled a sharp left on the turnpike and then planted her foot again. They would be in the district in less than five minutes. While checking her mirrors and then the time on the dash, she chewed her tongue. "Hang on Gabe, I'm coming." She whispered....
Back at the site, Gabe and his last man had placed themselves in a nitch where nothing could come at them from behind or above. Only way to them was where they could see. "Where did he go." the other man asked, his voice shaking with fear. Gabe looked around and could not see Anubis. He was sweating and swallowed hard.
While Anubis appeared to be still playing with his food, the car screeched to a halt outside the building Gabe had entered. Mac had spotted the SUV he had been driving and came to a stop beside it. She got out quickly and drew both her guns. One was loaded with silver, the other UV phospherous. She wasn't taking chances here. The car door closed behind her and Mac took a second to clear her mind and calm her senses. "Stay where I can see you." She whispered to Dante as her eyes scanned the rooftops and shadows for Anubis. She then gave a high pitched whistle, the sign to let Gabe know she was there...
Dante was out of the car but not doing what Mac told him to do. He knew he did his best work from the shadows. Taking the katanna he moved away from the car and blended into the shadows. His eyes were moving, searching the area, the shadows mainly. He spotted the two Vatican hunters. Then a slight movement to his right caught his attention. Something was there, near the two. He quickly moved, using his aquired abilities. The figure was a wolf, a huge wolf with black fur that seemed to cling to the shadows. It looked as if it was about to pounce. He ran, jumping and hit the wall with his feet and slicing down with the katanna in two moves, hiting the beast twice. "Run you fools." he yelled as he landed on his feet, facing the wolf. He swung the blade around before him. "Don't like the sting of the blade big boy." The wolf lunged forward and Dante leaped up into he air doing a flip and again striking the wolf and landing behind it.
Mac growled in anger and frustration as Dante did the exact opposite of what she had told him. She spotted the shadow moving at the same time and pointed both guns, but then Dante blocked her shot and she shouted in anger. The man engaged Anubis, giving Gabe and his last remaining team member to escape to her, but then carried on. "Get out of the damned way!" She yelled at Dante, then pulled off a shot at Anubis. The silver bullet scraped passed Dante's shoulder and struck Anubis in the neck as he pounced. "Gotcha!" She said and then moved forward, firing again.....
The wolf turned and yelped at the slash and then the silver bullet to the neck. But it did not kill him nor did it seem to hinder him. But as she continued on firing it bolted and as it neared the wall of a building it changed back into the form of a man and it leaped up climbing the wall with ease. As it reached the top it laughed and disapeared. Dante looked back over at Mac. "We'll be seeing him again." he looked at the blood on the blade of the katanna as he walked back to the others.
Mac managed to squeeze off another three shots as Anubis made a run for it over the roof and away. Then he was gone, but Mac's anger was not. Pushing past Gabe and his friend, she made a beeline for Dante in time to hear his remark. Shoving her guns back to their place behind her back, she curled her right fist and swung viciously for Dante. "You asshole!" She yelled, "My orders were clear! Are you fucking deaf or you just stupid?! He could have ripped you apart!"....
He moved his head just enough for her to miss him. "Perhaps, but are you fast enough to get that close to him and survive." he looked into her eyes. "Remember I am not quite what I look like. Besides even if you saw him when I did he probably would have killed one if not both of them before you could have hurt him enough. I don't think Silver has any effect on him."
Mac may have missed thumping him, but what she said next should be sufficient enough to knock him back. "I don't give a rat's ass what you are anymore Dante!" She spat, "And I'm more than fast enough." She lifted her ring finger up at him, "I got this for killing two of his brothers. Sekhment and Osiris. So don't bullshit me, understand?"....
Well now that was something he didn't know. "You mean there were more of his kind? Great! But don't think I will sit at the sidelines." he grinned, even though she was angry, "That is not my style. You should have known that when I came along with you."
Mac grabbed him bu the coat collar and dragged his nose to hers. "From this second forward, you do as I say. Understand?" She hissed, "Or so help me, I'll shoot you myself, or worse; hand you over to the Order." She then shoved him back and moved to what remained of Gabe's team. Gabe himself looked fine, but the second man was looking rather pale. Mac spotted blood on his kevlar jacket and drew her gun once more. The kevlar was ripped open and there was a bleeding wound. Mac didn't hesitate as she put a bullet in the man's skull. She looked to Gabe angrily and he backed off. She went back to the car and got in. She started it up and then waited for the others to follow.....
Dante raised a brow at her ranting. As she turned and returned to Gabe and his man she suddenly took out a gun and shot the man. That shocked him. As he moved up to the man he saw the other wound and bend down to examine it. A bite, one from the wolf. Gabe looked down at his last man and Dante. "Who is he?" he asked Mac. "Is he one of us?" Dante laughed, "No. Independent." he lied.
Mac growled and simply moved the car away from them. Gabe got into the SUV and looked at Dante. "Well, whoever you are, thanks for the help." He said, "I guess we should follow her to Father Griffin." He waited until Dante got int he car and then moved off to follow Mac to the church....
As he got into the car with Gabe he put the katanna down and asked, "How did she kill the other two she was talking about? This guys brothers. Anubis watched as they drove off. He grinned. "Finally you have been sent." he said to no one. "My brothers were an easy kill for you. They were preparing for a long sleep that would let them pass the time to the next century and let them wreak havoc
on a world that was not ready for them. But I am not in that weakened state." he moved down and collected the ring from the two dead hunters. "Your's will be a trophy worth keeping." he then turned and prepared to move his lair.
Gabe shook his head slightly, "I shouldn't be telling you anything." He replied quietly as he followed Mac's tail lights. "And she won't be happy that I did either. She isn't proud of those kills. Sekhmet, Osiris and Anubis, who you've just met, were three of fourteen creatures made of Cain. It has been the Vatican's highest priority to wipe them out since the beginning. There have only been two huntes that were ever able to kill them. MacKensie Trydant and Matthew Grable. Grable was killed three hundred years ago while hunting Thoth. Mac is the only one that has managed to kill more than one. The other creatures fought amongst themselves, so we don't know how many are left. Anyways, back on point, Mac and me and our team had been sent on Sekhment's trail. Only me and her survived and she managed to kill them both in one go. Now, you'd think she'd be over the moon about it. The Cardinals were, but she knew they were making ready to hybernate. They were overfed and dozy by the time we got to them. It was still hell getting them, but Mac wanted a fair fight, a real fight. After that, she got her promotion to Eagle Standard, but she's never really felt she deserved it."...
Dante shook his head. "Well this one is going to be alot different then." From what he had been told and just seen, this was not your typical vampire by no means. "No wonder she was a bit pissed back there." He looked over at Gabe. "She is not going to be able to kill this one, not alone anyways." As Anubis prepared to leave another figure appeared. "It is about time you got here." Anubis spoke. The man walked up to Anubis and went to one knee. "My prince, all has gone according to your plan. The troublesome one was tracked here and killed by the hunter. The Pack awaits your command."
Gabe nodded, "Yup, a lot different." He agreed. "And what you saw there was only mildly pissed. Compared to what she's capable of, you've seen jack my friend." Mac's tail lights turned right, so he followed, checking his mirrors just in case. "Just out of curiosity, what the hell she doing here anyways?" He asked, "She was supposed to be hunting Lucian and his pack. Anubis was my call."
"Lycans?" he rubbed his chin. Well we did take out a lycan not to long ago. Thought she was just tracking the one. If she tracked the one here, then your telling me that the entire pack could be?"
Gabe nodded, "I guess you're not in familiar with the Order." He said, "Lucian is a particularly nasty abnormal. Him and his pack have been causing devastation across the entire continent. She's been tracking them since Venice. You see, Lucian has a fancy for eating kids. He'll take a family and then make the parents choose which of the kids will die. Then he'll eat them right in front of the family before he lets his pack have the rest. The Order were already hunting him, but then Lucian made a fatal mistake. He attacked Cardinal Rochet's brother. He took all nine of the kids, then raped his wife and turned her. From what we know, Mac is close to finishing them off."...
Anubis smiled. "You have done your job well Lucian. How is the Rochet's lovely wife. She adabting to her new way of life?" Lucian grinned. "Aye my prince. She has come to realize what she is now and it seemed that she had very little love for her husband and less for his brother the Cardinal." Anubis laughed. "Good. Now have the Pack disperse and quietly. I don't want her thinking that they have left. Have them regroup in New York City. There they will begin to increase the size of the pack. I intend to deal with this Hunter myself."
Dante listened and had a bad feeling about the whole thing. Things seemed to be to coincidental.
The two cars arrived at the church and Mac entered in silence. She gave anod to Griffin and tossed his keys back to him. "Not a scratch." She said, "As promised." Griffin nodded in return and then turned his attention to Dante and Gabriel. As for Mac, she moved to her bunk and opened her duffle. She reloaded her guns and pulled out a small satchel bag. It sat neatly on her shoulders and when she knocked it with her elbow, two small slides came out of the bottom. She loaded up the slides with her ammo cartridges and then took her coat off to put it on her back. She then grabbed her leg straps and tied them on. They were then fileld with all manner of silver. Knives, daggers, stakes. The straps of her satchel were then loaded up with nitrate canisters. She then removed her hat, placing it carefully on the bed before moving back to the group. As she passed them, Gabe caught a glimpse of her tattoo where the bag had not covered it. He moved back, taking Dante with him. "Leave it." He said to the other man, "Trust me." "I'm going out." Mac declared loudly, "I got some dogs need killin'."....
Lucian made his way back to the pack and informed them of what their master had ordered. They nodded and then dispersed into the night. They took various routes out of the city, train, cars, on foot. They fanned out, making it impossible for anyone to find them all. They traveled light. Lucian turned to the woman waiting. "We stay to help the Master. He raised a hand up and caressed her cheek. She leaned into it and smiled. "This is a much more exciting life then that with my husband and those brats he had me bare."
Mac tracked the pack as best she could, but they had seemed to disppear suddenly. She found it odd. Lycans usually moved together; safety in numbers and all that, but this one was different. She found the nest abandoned, but they had left some clues and when she came across one leaping the rooftops, she managed to catch it. After a brief fight, the whelp lay whimpering at her feet. A kick to his jaw had removed most of his teeth and he was missing an eye, three fingers and half his tail. And Mac hadn't even pulled off a shot at him, such was her temper right now. She stood over him now with her gun trained on his temple and barked her demands at him. The whelp finally gave in. The pack had dispersed and were heading for New York. Lucian was travelling by car with his mate and had just gone under the aqueduct. Mac thanked him before putting the silver between his eyes and disappeared to find Lucian. After nearly half an hour running at full speed, she reached the desire point and scouted around for the car. She spotted the long limo moving paralel with it and took her chance. Holding up her arms, she stepped off the edge as the car came under to the secondary road and she landed with a massive thud on the bonnet of the car. Her guns were already drawn and she fired one shot between the driver's eyes. She then jumped off as the car slid to a halt and waited for Lucian to appear.....
As Lucian exited the car, he held in one hand a young girl bound that was crying. He held her up so Mac could see her. Then he licked the girls face with his toung. "MMMMMM delicious tast. She will make such a delectable meal. His sharp teeth were close to her throat. "That is unless you lay down...... All your weapons." The woman inside the car waited to see what Mac did before making a move.
Mac backed up a step and put her guns away, but she did not drop her weapons as ordered. Instead, she drew a long silver dagger and twisted it backwards to line up with her arm. "Now what kind of coward hides behind a child?" She asked him, "And what kind of mate allows that dishonour on her name?" She then watched the female get out of the car. Mac smiled curtly, "Hello Mina. It's nice to see you again. Care to redeem your new husband's honour?".....
She laughed. "Honor my dear. You know nothing of that, just like my husband and his holier then though brother. " she moved around to her new husband. "Look at you, all silver weapons, guns and the like. Where is the honor in that, hmmmmm. At least when Lucian fights to keep his station, he does it with his bare claws and teeth. No weapons." she sneared. "Where is your honor?"
Mac smiled, "I don't have teeth and claws like he does." She replied smoothly, "So I'm forced to make them." She let the dagger glint in the moonlight a few times to put her point across. "And I'm not here just because of the Cardinal. I'm here for the hundreds of other families you have killed. They didn't have teeth or claws to fight back with either. Guess that makes me their champion." She looked at the child in Lucian's arm and lifted her chin a little. "So how about it?" She asked, "Your teeth and claws against my teeth and claws? Winner takes the girl home.".....
Mina laughed. "Take off all those weapons and things and I will fight you." she spat on the ground and began changing into her lycan form. Lucian grinned. He knew he had saw something in Mina he had liked.
Mac unclipped her satchel and let it drop, but kept hold of her dagger. "I'm keeping this one claw." She replied firmly, "Fair's fair and all that."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Saliva dripped from the mouth of Mina's new form as she launched herself at Mac. Lucian smiled and watched. Mina was new to the form but had showed she was born to be a lycan. She had fought a couple of the female Lycans of the Pack that thought they should be Lucian's mate. She had beaten them but not killed them. They now knew she was the Alpha female of the Pack. She was not dumb and knew what the silver dagger could do so she knew to avoid it. When she landed, she did so just out of reach of Mac hoping she would think she could cut her and then make a strike.

Mac readied her stance as Mina shifted and then pounced. The Lycan landed short, but Mac would make ni mistake. This had been done on purpose. Taking a step back, she put herself out of Mina's reach and crouched down low. In this state, Mina was much taller, so mac would take things on the low to get he advantage. "Come get it, Bitch." She hissed......

Mina snarled and began to circle. She was no fool to just rush in. Lucian had told her about Mac, that she was one that should never be underestamated. She fented here and there with her sharp claws trying to get Mac to lunge forward some so she could grab the wrist of the hand that held the dagger.

Mac moved carefully, making sure that she kept a good distance as Mina circled her. When she lashed out with one claw, Mac lashed back just enough with the dagger. No hits yet on either side, but Mac knew the Lycan was working up to it. That being the case, Mac ducked down just that bit lower. It was strange to look at, but the hunter knew what she was doing. "Are you gonna attack me, or just stand there and flash your nails?".....

Mina growled but not the way Mac may have thought. Mina knew she was trying to goad her, make her mad and there fore make a mistake. She had taken shit as a human, waited and got her revenge. Now she would wait. As Mina moved, she got closer to the things Mac had dropped. She cold see guns and other things. She had made Mac step back a few steps, which caused her to move away them. With a quick move she snatched it and threw it a long way off. Now the only thing Mac had was the dagger and anything else she carried inside the trench coat. Lucian chuckled and again licked the girls neck. "Might have another tasty snack when Mina gets done with you."

Mac watched her satchel disappear into some bushes, but tried not to react to the negative. After all, the rules had already been agreed. She kept her eyes on Mina and moved again slow and easy. "I doubt that." She said smoothly.....

Mina now had the hunters main weapons at a distance and Lucian had dragged the driver out of the car and dumped him in the ditch. "Well my dear stop playing with the food and finish her off, or better yet......." he laughed. "Bite her and leave her so she can become one of us." Oh how fitting would that be. The top of the line Vatican Hunter being turned and then being hunted by her own.

Mac firmed her jaw and moved once more. "Not today sweetheart." She said firmly, "But give it your best shot. I could do with a new fur hide on the wall." She grinned and moved just a little bit more. What Mina hadn't spotted was that she had put herself low enough and close enough that she could strike the Lycan's ankles and knees without being touched herself.....

Mina growled and then kicked dirt towards Mac with one of her feet before she charged. Mac would have to bring her arm up to block the dirt so she would not be temporarly blinded or take the dirt in the face and eyes. Either way her line of sight would be blocked for a moment and that was all she would need. She made her move. Rushing in to kill the bitch hunter.

Mina kicked dirt up at her before charging which gave Mac the sign she wasn't going to play fair. Instead of lifting her free hand to shield against the dirt, she lifted her other arm and when Mina landed again, all Mac had to do was lash out that arm. She caught Mina's right ankle, severing the nerve and then swung on her knee to bring her arm round for the left. Mina would be papralysed in both feet in less than a second.....

Mina screamed in pain and tried to stand but fell. Lucian shook his head, and knew that the fight would soon be over. He tossed the girl to the ground and got into the driver's seat and took, burning rubber and throwing up pieces of rock. He was off down the road, as the fight continued. Mina now close to Mac reached out and grabed her by the hair and pulled her towards her. Her mouth opened to sink her fangs into her neck.

Mac screamed in pain at her hair being yanked and instinctively lifted both arms to grab Mina's head. However, that wasn't the only reason she screamed. As Lucian drove away, kicking up stones and dirt, some glass had also been thrown up and it sliced across Mac's ribs. In fury, she dragged the blade up and across, slicing Mina's nose clean off..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Mina screamed in pain and rage and brought a knee up to catch Mac's head with it as she held on to Mac ready to bite her and take a chunk out of her shoulder. There suddenly was the report of a gun going off and Mina was knocked back screaming and clawing at the wound, in her shoulder. Dante was standing in the brush where here satchel had been thrown breathing a bit hard one of her guns in his hand.

He had no use for guns and was no good with them. He had been aiming at Mina's head but had missed it and had hit her in the shoulder. Then the damn thing jammed on him or he had done something so it would not fire. "Mac!" he yelled, "Kill that damn thing will you!" He moved forward the katanna in hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Mac screamed again as the gun went off and then looked up in relief to see Dante holding just th weapon she needed. "Throw me the gun!" She yelled as she staggered to her feet. He did so and she just barely caught it. It tore open the wound at her side and she roared in fury as she lined up the shot. Mina was still reeling from losig part of her lower jaw and Dante's shot to her shoulder so it was easy to move around the beast and corner her against the aqueduct arch. Mac began to struggle as the blood poured from her wound, but she managed to hold the gun up long enough to fire a single shot. It entered Mina's skull just below her left eye and then exited behind her right ear. The Lycan dropped like a stone and Mac dropped the gun. At this point, it was clear she needed help.

Moving away from the scene, Mac covered the deep gash with one hand as she moved towards Dante and picked up her satchel. "Thanks." She said quietly and started walking back towards the church. She knew he would follow; there was nothing left to do now. Lucian had escaped again, but she knew where they were going and the appearance of Anubis in the same city wasn't just a coincidence. Nearly half way back, Mac began to struggle. She could feel a shard of glass scratching against a rib bone which only served to piss her off further......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Dante saw the blood and then how she was moving. "Oh hell." he said and moved up to her and using his strength scooped her up into his arms. "You going to kill yourself that way. That means you won't be going after Anubis if that happens." He had a feeling she was not going to like being carried but he was not about to put her down on her feet again. His lungs still stung from the run after Mac. He had figured she was going to try and kill the lycan and the way she had left in anger, only ment she could make a fatal slip and wind up dead. He learned early in life, never enter a fight angry or let your opponent make you angry. You always did something foolish and wound up on the losing end.

It took him awhile, but he finally made it back to the Church, and kicked the door open. Gabe was there pacing the floor. He was no match for Dante's speed and had returned to the church. When he saw Mac, "Oh shit." he mumbled and headed for the two of them. "Father!" he yelled. "We need bandages, and antiseptic! Quickly!" Dante laid her down on to one of the cots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:52 am

Mac protested all the way back as Dante carried her. She insisted she wasn't dying, she'd just been caught out. It didn't make any difference though and soon enough, Dante was calling for help from Father Griffin and Gabe. Both came running quickly as she was put down on the cot. She pushed Gabe and Dante away, still protesting at being treated like she was fatally wounded and she was quickly sitting up again. In the end, Griffin gave up and moved them back. "Ok guys." He said, "Just let her alone a sec. I'll deal with it." He moved her to the back of the room to a small medical section. It had once been used to treat the drug addicts that came for help. He patted the gurney and Mac climbed on...

Dante shook his head. "Stubron one." he whispered as he stood next to Gabe. "You have no idea." Gabe whispered back. He then looked over at Dante. "You are not a normal human being. No one runs that fast." he raised a brow. Dante shugged his shoulders, "Seems more and more people are finding that out." he looked at Gabe trying to see what he would do. He was after all a hunter for the
Vatican and like Mac out to eliminate anything not normal.

From the gurney, Mac leaned over to listen in on the pair. "Leave him alone Gabe." She ordered, "He just saved your life, remember?" In return, Gabe stepped back and looked at his former commander, "Sure thing Boss." He said, then nodded to Griffin, "Fifty bucks says you make her yell at you." On the gurney, Mac shook her head and closed her eyes. Griffin simply smiled, "Gambling is a sin." He replied, "Fifty says she's as quiet as a mouse." Mac shook her head again and took a deep breath. She lifted her arm above her head and let it rest over the edge at the elbow. It exposed the wound, glass and all for Griffin to deal with and then relaxed....

Well that was something new. She didn't seem angry with him anymore which was good. It seemed that Gabe would do as she asked and leave things be and not say anything to the Vatican or other hunters. He watched as the priest cut her shirt open and put some antiseptic on some gauze and cleaned the area of the wound. Then he took some long tweezer like tool and began removing the glass. "So I take it you killed Lucian?" the priest asked.

Mac shook her head and then put her finger to her lips. "I'll explain later." She said quietly, "Now let me sleep." Griffin simply shook his head and carried on. He didn't use any pain killers or anesthetic, didn't need to. Then, as her breathing slowed further, he knew she was out like a light. At this point, he leaned back and looked at a shocked Gabe. "I guess I win again." He whispered, "She's fast off."

Dante chuckled, as he watched Mac fall asleep and the priest begin stiching her up. "Well it seems you owe the priest some money." he laughed and sat down in a comfortable chair. Now everything was starting to catch up to him. The run and then carring her back to the church had taken a bit out of him, even though he was more then human. He still had his limitations.

Gabe lifted an eyebrow at Dante. "Most folk get freaked out when she does that." He said, then looked again more deeply, "You ok? You ain't gonna keel on me, are ya?"....

"Just a bit to much to quick is all. Not use to all of this." he told Gabe. As for the way Mac handled the pain and everything, "I just figured she has been trained to do that. Your jobs are not what most people would call normal. So that is not normal what she does, well normal for you guys."

Gabe gave a slight nod, "True." He admitted, "Most of us are trained to deal with it. I say most because there are one or two that did it on their own." He pointed at Mac, "She's one of them. Freaked the priests something awful back in the day."....

That made Dante laugh. Well I think we had best get some rest. I know I need it." It felt like his body had been drained of all strength and energy. As he sat there, he was wondering why he was getting himself involved with hunters from the Vatican. He had a bad feeling that down the road it might lead to problems. But it seemed that Mac would need the help of someone a bit more unnormal to deal with a powerful vampire.

Gaber shook his head slightly, "Ameture." He laughed as he moved away. A few minutes later, Griffin arrived, wiping his hands on a clean towel. "You look worse than she does." He said in jest. "What happened?".....

"When I got there she was fighting a female lycan, and a car was speeding off down the road. I was not sure who was winning and didn't want to take any chances. I found her satchel and guns and took one and used it. She is damn lucky. I don't like guns and not good with them. But I managed to hit the thing in the shoulder knocking it back from Mac and was able to toss her the gun so she could finish it off."
Griffin nodded, "Mina." He said, "Cardinal Rochet's former sister in law. Another of Lucian's creations. Well, she's at peace now, or in pieces, depending on how much damage Miss Trydant has done to her." He shook his head quietly. "It's a shame Mina had to die that way. she was a wonderful person once, loving and kind. She'd help anybody and she loved her family."....

"That may have been, but that was not what she was like tonight." Dante said. "Might have to send someone out there to recover the body. Not sure how you guys deal with this stuff if the police get involved."
brb got to get dinner started.

Griffin shook his head, "So sad." He offered, "I'll pray for her soul." He then nodded towards where Gabe had been, "Gabriel is probably on the phone right now." he said, "There'll be a clean up crew out there within an hour and by the time they've finished, no-one will ever know what transpired there." he looked back at Mac sleeping on the gurney. He'd covered her up a little for some modesty. His eyes were sad for her almost. "It always amazes me how merciless people can be. She's the worst I've seen and I've been part of the Order for nearly thirty years. I know I should say that the ends justufy the means and the evil must be erradicated, but I look at the hunters and I sometimes wonder just what evil really is.".....

Dante shugged his shoulders. "Evil can take on many forms but yet what may looke to be evil may not be. It is all in the eyes of the beholder." he said. "Look back at the conquestadors. The writhings of the Aztezs were considered evil, but they were the simple study of the stars and a history of their people. Yes they had a thing for human sacrifice, but to them that was not evil. So what is truely evil? I would say someone doing something that he or she knows is wrong and doesn't care. Doesn't care what they do or how it effects others."

Griffin folded his hands and nodded in agreement, "Good point." He said. "As a priest, I should defend what my predecesors have done in the past. As a practical man, I have my doubts." He then laughed and looked around at the delapedated church, "Why else would I be in the Godless place?" He looked again at Mac. "So does she. It's just a matter of timing to her though. There's nothing ethical or merciful in what she does, or any of them for that matter. This war was started by the church thousands of years ago and nothing has changed since.".....

"Started by the church?" he asked. "What are you talking about?"

Griffin tightened his hands for a moment. "God created man to live, grow old and then die. The church took this rhetoric to mean that all things must age and die. The abnormals or demons, whatever you want to call them didn't do this. Before christanity came along, these immortals were revered, worshipped, loved even. When people were convinced in the one true God, these former paganistic religions were systematically destroyed. Their faith went against every fibre of belief we held and so we had to get rid of it. Our great leaders would have us believe that God himself ordered their destruction. He created the great flood your bible stories tell of. In reality, the Pope of the time simply couldn't tolerate their existence and so the Order was born. Since then, they've hunted and killed any immortal, abnormal, whatever they've found." He lifted his head at Mac, still sleeping. "That there is the Order's ultimate weapon to date. Genetically engineered to be the smartest, strongest and most dedicated soldier possible.".....

Dante listened. It was informative, and it seemed that the Pope that started the Order was probably jelous that he could not be imortal. "So why has not the present Pope or those after the one that started the order end it?" he asked, "I know that vampires feed upon humans to survive. Some like this Anubis are what one would consider evil, because he wants to kill, wants to terrorize, and doesn't care. But others, those turned by another vampire have no choice in what they do, if they want to continue to exist. It would be like you had a deadly alilement that would end your life very soon and that there was a way to keep that from happening but it was a way that was not right. If you wanted to live bad enough would you not do it?"

Griffin, "I'd do it, I know I would." He admitted, "Self preservation is the ultimate human condition. It goes far beyond religion or morals." He took a deep breath, "The Order has continued because the belief that anything that upstages man's domination of the world must be destroyed. God taught man to go out into the world and command it, transform and use it to his advantage. Mankind must remain faithful to that cause. The idea that vampyres and demons could replace man at the top of this chain frightens them." He laughed emptily, "And so, we create our own demons to fight back."....

Dante shook his head. He didn't like the sound of that. "Most of these vampires and lycans are probably just frightened individuals that have no idea of what to do with themselves now that they are changed. Some didn't ask for it and should be helped. Would it not be better if the church helped them instead of killing them. Find them, bring them in, show them alternitives to feeding on humans
and see if there is a way to reverse the process?"

"There has never been a cure to reverse the condition." Griffin replied, "Don't get me wrong, scientists have been searching for it for centuries. Advances have provided more insight, but the outcome is still the same. There is no viable cure for the viruses they carry. As crass and coldhearted as this may sound, but a bite from a vampyre or lycan is tantamount to contracting aids. You know
you're gonna die, it's just a matter of time. At least with aids, you stay dead. That's the only difference allowed."....

"Well still bringing them in if they are willing, and being shown ways to feed other then on humans would be the humane thing to do. Now those like Anubis and this lycan Mac is after, those I can see hunting and killing. We do not kill those people with aids but try to help them, make them comfortable and live the best they can with what time they do have. Is not the church suppose to be merciful and understanding? Should not the Pope now start thinking of how to help. I know you can not do anything about it but surely there is someone that can try and make a case for these people. After all they were human once and have no idea of what they should do."

Griffin looked up and lifted an eyebrow at Dante, "Would you want to come in if someone like her was hunting your kind into extinction?" he asked in return....

"If it was known that I was not going to be exterminated." he told him. "But for me I like what has happened to me and I use my abilities to do things that most would consider wrong, and yes I know it is, but I have my reasons for it and they are mostly good." He was not about to turn himself in and be a lab rat of sorts. He was not physically hurting anyone or killing anyone. "It would not hurt to offer the olive branch and see who comes in. Those that don't, well they are probably the ones that enjoy killing and feeding on humans, and should be hunted."

Griffin nodded again, "Ok." He said, "So draw me the line between desperation and revenge. Evil begets evil, Dante. we started a war on the immortals and so they fought back. We celebrated their deaths, so they would celebrate ours. Creatures like Anubis and Lucian, and others, they enjoy hunting us because they have become the monsters we set out to make them. This is personal opinion mind you and it should remain that. If my Bishop finds out my true thoughts on the matter, he'd have me shipped away faster than you could blink. I'm trying to show MacKensie that what she doesn't isn't always the right thing, but I fear her mercy was destroyed long ago. She hunts them like they hunt her and it won't be much longer before she becomes just like them."...

"And will it not continue until someone offers an olive branch. You said the church started the war. Killing all those that were not normal. I know that those like Anubis will not go for it but think of how many might." No one would know unless someone tried. "But I have a feeling that those in power in the Vatican will not want to. Not want to admit that perhaps they were worng in doing what they have. Or perhaps they enjoy seeing those that are differnt destroyed. Mankind is evolving, living longer, growing taller and other things. Also if God did not want them here, would he not get rid of them somehow? Perhaps they are here for a reason.

Griffin could only smile lightly at Dante's conclusions. "Basically, you're asking why God would create something that wasn't supposed to be created." he said, "In response to that, I would ask why God created man, or the animals, the trees. The entire world even. Everything in this world is up for debate and the church is, was and always will be slow to catch up. I just hope that some of that debate reaches through to MacKensie."...
charles says:
Dante looked over at Mac. "I think some has. She hasn't turned me in." he grinned. He rubbed his jaw. "It seems I have gotten myself involved in helping her. Wonder if you could do me a favor if things go wrong for me?"

Griffin smiled and nodded, "I'll do what I can." He said...

Dante took out a piece of paper and a pen and wrote down the address of the orphanage and the names of the caregivers. "I am their main source of income and if anything happens to me, think you could help them out?" As he put the pen back in his pocket the little bag at his side came undone from all that he had been up to that night. The bauble that was in it fell out and rolled on the floor.

Griffin nodded and accepted the favour. "I'll do whatever I can for them." He promised. When the bauble fell out of Dante's pocket, Griffin was quick to stop it rolling further and picked it up. He looked at it oddly, then at Dante, "What's this?".....

Dante grinned, "Well I told you I use my new found ways to do things that is not quite right. Those people I gave you the names of and the childern they care for, well that is how I help them." he took the large diamond from the priests hand and turned it in his hand. He chuckled. "Turned out that this belonged to one of those vampires that I think deserved to be eliminated. That is how Mac and I met."

Griffin raised his brow somewhat, "A modern day Robin Hood." he mused, but then looked at the diamond again. "Did you know the name of the vampyre that you stole this from?" He asked cautiously. Something was turning in this old man's mind and he wasn't about to share it yet......

"Never caught the name. Just know he was a rich dude that lived in a penthouse over on Grant and third street."

Griffin nodded, "Then I'll pretend I haven't seen it." He said, dropping the matter. Just then, Gabe came back, looking a little paler than usual. Griffin looked up and furrowed his brow. "Anything wrong?" He asked. Gabe wiped his mouth with his hand and stood for a moment, breathing deeply. "We need to wake Trydant." He said, "There's been a panic in Rome and she needs to know."...

Dante stood up and then wished he hadn't, but kept standing. "What is the panic? Has Anubis done something that has them worried?" Dante asked.

Gabe chewed his lip, "This is classified information." he said, "Just wake the commander please." His eyes turned to Griffin, "You should know this too. Your knowledge could help."....

"Whoa there. I am in this now so I think you can tell me. I am helping Mac and I think she can use my help." Dante spoke up.

"That is up to her." Gabe said firmly. "Now, if you wouldn't mind? Wake the commander."....

Dante wasn't going anywhere so he waited for the priest to go wake Mac. Gabe was clearly worried about something. If the Vatican was worried, then it had to be something serious. He walked with the priest to where Mac was, not wanting to be out of the loop on this.

Griffin moved close to Mac and gently touched her shoulder. "MacKensie." He whispered. She stirred lightly and turned her head towards him. "MacKensie, you need to wake up now." Her eyes fluttered and then opened, but something was weird. For just a split second, as her eyes opened, they were a vibrant green in colour. But then she blinked and they were back to her usual sapphire blue.

"What?" She asked dozily. Griffin leaned in a little closer, "Gabe has been in touch with Rome. He needs to speak qith you urgently." In that second, Mac was sitting up and pulling the blanket over her bare chest and side.....

Dante had gotten a glimpse of her before she pulled the blanket up to cover her. He thought to himself, Not bad, and covered his mouth so no one could see his grin. She was now awake and her full attention seemed was on Gabe.

Back in the main room, everyone gathered as Gabe had asked, he began retelling what had been told to him. "The Devil himself has risen." He said, "In the desert on the Northern edge of Iraq. There was some activity in the mountains in that area that were unexplained. The USGS registered it as a small earthquake from their satelite links in the area, but they also recorded something else. There was a significant shift on the Eastern face of the larger peek in the range. Part of it had collapsed, but there was no real reason for it to happen. The images were picked up by intel and filtered out. Someone had set it up. There was a small aprty that arrived a few hours before the event, ten men to be exact. When it was all over, there was eleven." He looked at Mac. "There is only one reason someone would blow up the side of a mountain in the middle of the desert, Mac and you know. I was told to inform you directly. Why is that?"....

Dante listened and rubbed his jaw. So some men blew up a portion of a mountain. Could have been a mining operation or something. Or could have been someone testing out explosives for a terrorist attack. "So what is so important about blowing a hole in a mountain?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 am

"Nothing essentially." Gabe replied, "Provided you can explain how ten men turned into eleven." He looked again at Mac who's face had turned very pale indeed. Slowly, she stood up, wrapping the blanket around her shoulders a little tighter. "Has His Holiness ordered an investigation in the area?" She asked. Gabe shook his head. "His only order was to inform you. What's going on Mac?" Mac moved away slightly, turning away to think. "Did the intel say where the party was heading?" She asked.....

Gabe swallowed hard. "They were tracked to a nearby airport and the plane that they took was headed to New York City. Anubis stopped in his tracks and turned around quickly, a suprised look on his face in in his eyes. "Father?" In New York City Cain also stopped and smiled, "Anubis. So you have survived as well. Good."

Mac took a deep breath and looked bck to Griffin. "He's back." She said and then walked away.....

"Ok, who is back. Who are you talking about?" Dante asked.

At this point, Griffin stepped in. He watched as Mac walked away, Gabe following and turned to face Dante. He pointed to Mac, "Ultimate weapon." he said, then, "Eleventh man, ultimate evil. The very first immortal. he murdered his brother because God favoured the brother. You've heard the story, I'm sure. Cain and Able."....

Dante looked at Gabe, "You telling me that Cain was the first immortal, first Vampire?" Now he had heard everything. He looked over at Griffin. "I heard the story, God cursed Cain for killing Able and put a mark on him so others would not kill him. You telling me God made him a vampire?" He looked hard at the priest. If god made Cain into a vampire, then he wanted vampires in the world for a reason. It only made sence. "So why is Cain the ultimate Evil?"

Griffin nodded. "Indeed." He said, "God made Cain the first vampyre as punishment for murdering his brother. Murder is considered the ultimate act of evil, hence, he was branded as such and the church have made it their duty to destroy him. But like I said, everything is up for debate. MacKensie was engineered to fight the most evil of creatures and as such, it is now her task to destroy him once and for all."....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:06 am

Cain could feel the presence of his adopted son Anubis. Though he could not tell where he was or how far he was away from him, he knew that he was alive. This made him happy. Even though they had a falling out before the great flood had destroyed his empire, he knew that he needed to mend their relationship and bring him back into the fold. Anubis had been a cunning general for him and had lead armies to crush rebellions and to conquer more land for him.

He stopped what he was doing and proceeded back to his mansion and estate that had been bought for him by his followers. Here he gathered the few pathetic vampires he had rounded up since arriving in the United States. Most were fairly old, a hundred to two hundred years old. A few were but a couple years into being vampires. They were far weaker then he was, had to feed more then he had to, could not shift into an animal form, could not eat normal food and could not stand the light of day. But they were faster and stronger and more agile then humans. Each of them could sense his power, his strength and his ability to destroy them if he wanted. Like the human followers, they went to one knee before him as he entered.

He enjoyed power and ruling over others. Soon he would again have an empire and he would then face off against the so called Church. "Rise." he told them and smiled, "Good news. One of my children still lives and is close. He was a great general and a powerful leader. He will help lead you all to a great victory."

One of the newer vampires in the back, a woman that looked to be about thirty, was nervous. She had not wanted be become a vampire, she had not known that the man she had been dating had been one. He had turned her and had shown her how to survive. She was repulsed by the way she had to keep living, yet she could not bring herself to go out into the light of the sun to be consumed by fire or find one of the hunters she had heard about and have them kill her. She wanted no part of what Cain wanted. But she was to weak to defy his orders.

Dante didn't like the sound of any of what he had just learned. Cain the first vampire, Anubis which was suppose to be one of his children, and a lycan by the name of Lucius that commanded a large group of lycans. All and all not a very good situation. "Ok so we have Anubis, Cain, which are both very powerful vampires and a powerful lycan by the name of Lucius. Anubis took out the entire team of Gabe here and almost had him, and this Cain is even more powerful then Anubis. I think you have bitten off more then you can chew on this one." he told Griffin. "Ah and not to mention the rest of the curse placed on him." he continued. "He how harms or kills can will suffer seven fold." he looked intently at the priest. "Even if she manages to hurt him, she is going to suffer seven times more then he is. I don't care how good she has been trained and how good she can take pain and physical damage. Seven times as much will probably kill her."

He liked Mac for some reason. He had seen the way she lit up when she was with the kids at the orphanage. He figured she would be great with kids if not for the job she did. That and she was not bad looking and from what he had glimpsed, not a bad body as well. He didn't want her getting killed.

He then pushed past the priest and followed Mac. He came up behind her and said, "You can not go up against Cain. No matter what you do to him, you will suffer seven times more then him. Even you can not take that much punishment." he then moved in front of her, "Hurt him and he heals quickly, while you will not. Hurt him enough and it might kill you and not him." picking up a knife, he cut the part of his arm. The blood flowed for a moment then stopped. Wiping the blood away one could see the deep cut. "Within an hour that will be healed. Can you say the same about yourself? Cut him and you receive seven such cuts? Before you could even get close to killing him you would probably be dead." He knew he was rambling, but he didn't want her going out and throwing her life away just because the Vatican told her to. He doubted that they even cared what happened to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Mac stood and looked Dante up and down as he showed her some actual concern. She lifted an eyebrow at him, then watched as he cut open his hand. "Yes," she said coldly, "I know all about the vampyre ability to heal quickly." She moved past him slightly, then half turned back, "And please don't recite rhetoric to me. I know far more about the Devil than you ever will. Thank you for your concern and all, but it really isn't necessary. Besides, the tale tells that it happens to the attackers loved ones before it happens to them. In that, I havr the ultimate advantage."....

He shook his head, "That is what the Church has taught, but is it really true. Remember nothing was really known about him after he left his family. All that is known is he moved to the east of eden to the land of Nod. No written record exists, since there was none at the time. Are you willing to risk everything on what those that are very prejudice towards such as him? Think a minute." he tried to get through to her. Griffen came up behind him and he turned momentarily to him. "Is there anything that is fact that is written down anywhere?" He looked at Dante then at Mac. "There is a stone tablet from Egypt. It was found by the Romans and brought back to Rome when Cesar was there with Cleopatra. It has a strange tale about the Gods of Egypt and how they came to the land of the
Pharoes. But it was written long after the Great flood." Dante licked his lips. "Can you get a rubbing, a photo, or something that contains what is on it?" Dante asked. Griffin nodded. "It will take a few days but I think I can."

Mac listened to the men talking about the tablet. A rubbing or a picture. Mac had one better than that. "I can draw it for you right now." She told them both, then tapped her right temple. "I'm not just a pretty face, ya know." She moved away and picked up a piece of old stone that had fallen from the pulpit foundation. She then began scrawling on the actual church floor. It only took half an hour or so, but the picture began to come together as though they were staring at it themselves. Gabe leaned over to Dante slightly, "Yet another talent our fierce leader keeps secret." he whispered. "She has an eclectic memory. She can remember any face, name, picture or statue that she has seen."....

As she wrote it out, Griffin looked at the hirogrifics and shook his head. "It begins telling the writter's name, Matuf. It gives a brief discription of the time that he is writting this account. He states he wishes to tell the story of the great Lord and Master Cain." he moved behind Mac and continued reading. He tells of Cain arriving in the land of Nod and finding his tribe. He was a strong and fierce and one could not but be afraid of him when he looked upon you. From this tribe he took five and transformed them into his likeness. Four men and one woman. These five became as strong as him and went forth, bringing more men and women back with them. It goes on telling of the building of the city and empire. Rebellions and attempts on Cains life. Most failed but one succeeded in running Cain through with a sword. Cain did not die, but the one that struck him suddenly sprouted seven sever and mortal wounds and he died, screaming in agony. The rest is the account of the growth of the empire and then the fear as the Rain began to fall endlessly and people fled to the south and west. It ends with Matuf following Anubis and his Woman Akasha, the woman that Cain had transformed to the lands of the Nile. That is all there is on this tablet, but it is long been surmized that there were others, written by this Matuf. None was ever found though."

Mac looked up from her drawing and gave a small look of emptiness to Griffin. "There is something else that connects with the Matuf's writings." She told him, "It is a theorized description and image of Akasha as she would have been at the time. It was written by a Roman soldier who had reportedly seen her wandering along the banks of the Nile after Cain had disappeared." She stood up and folded her arms as she began reciting the old text from memory. "I saw her hence wandering though I knew not why she did so. Her head languished upon her shoulder as she stared upon the blue waters that she had cried upon his demise." She chewed her lips slightly, "Keep in mind guys, this has been translated from the old coptic and latin variation, so bear with me. Her tears fell, casting the colour from her eyes into the sapphire waters. her deepest black locks touched the earth and turned them black as she gave up her fogiveness for his passing. Hence she faced the sky and cursed the Great One for his cruelty and was struck down to become stone." Mac shrugged her shoulders briefly, then looked at Dante. "Sound familar?".....

"Would that not have been thousands of years after the Great Flood. Would not Cain have disapeared during the flood?" Dante asked. Griffin nodded. "From the time that Cain killed Able and the flood would have been hundreds of years for sure. Nothing had ever been heard of him except this, from the time he left Adam and Eve. As for the sighting of Akasha, could have been. Accroding to this text she escaped to what would become Egypt. She could have survived till the time of the Romans. But again turning to stone like what happened in the bible, I don't know." Dante turned to Mac. "What matters here is that there is a reference to what happened to someone that tried to kill Cain. I know you are suppose to do what you have to, but I think that he is to much even for you. Another way needs to be found to take him and perhaps inprison him."

Mac shook her head slightly, "You've missed my point." She said quietly. "When the scholars deciphered the text originally, they made a mistake." She took up the stone chunk again and started writing the hyroglyph for black. Next to it, she drew the glyph for red. The two were almost identical. "This is the first part of that mistake." She told them, "The glyph for black and the one for red is almost identical. as we all know, after the first flooding of the Nile in the spring, it starts out black at dawn, but by midday, it turns a deep red colour and then stays that way until it dries out again." She took the stone and started circling specific parts of the tablet drawing. "The second part is the description of the man that tried to kill him. Look at the way he is described. A shock of the blackest hair and sapphire eyes. Same mistake again." She put the stone down. "Now do you guys see what I'm getting at?"....

"But my child what you have written down for us, is what is on that tablet. It was written by one that was fluent in the written languae of Egypt at the time. You know I am an expert on that written language. I am only reading what the figures there state. This is not a translation of what had been written but the actual text from the tablet." He knew she was trying to tell them that one might transcripe something wrong, make a mistake in what the symbol might mean. But he was reading it correctly. Dante sighed. "Look Mac, what matters here is that there are people that care about you, and what happens to you. Do you think Gabe or Father Griffin here want you to die. If this account is true then who ever tries to kill him will die. I remember what the bible said: Any that tries to harm or kill Cain will suffer seven fold. That does not say family or friends. So lets just go from there." he had a feeling that she was to damn stuck on the idea that it was her responsiblity to kill Cain and Anubis. "But what ever you decide, I am coming with you. You are going to need all the help you can get."

Mac lifted an eyebrow at Griffin, "I know you're an expert on Egyptian glyphs, Father." She said sharply, "I was studying your thesis on it when I was five. I've been fluent in it since I was eight, so if you don't mind, I think I know what I'm doing. Besides, I've studied the tablet and the Rose Stone personally and the other texts I found in the old boy's private library a few years ago. What I found there called for a connection between the assassin and Akasha, maybe father and daughter, or brother and sister. Either way, it doesn't matter, but there is record of her human family. One child survived long enough to carry on the human line. The Vatican captured a descendant on the outskirts of Nice in the 11th century. I also found my personnel file along with a small icon painting of Akasha. I believe the way to Cain is through her. As of yet, I haven't figured out how I'm to find her, but I'll find it."....

Father Griffin looked at Mac. "Are you trying to say that you look like this Akasha?" He looked her up and down. "You are thinking you can get close to him by making him think you are her or might be related to her?" Father Griffin knew that vampires could sence other vampires and know she was not one. "Still to dangerous." he said but knew that those up there in the Vatican would have her do what ever it took to try and eliminate him. He looked at Dante then at Gabe. "You will take these two with you!" he told her. "I will inform the council and his eminence myself." looking over at Dante, "I will not mention much about you except that you have a talent for stealing that could come in useful." he smiled.

Mac lifted her eyebrow again, "I'm not saying I look like her, Father," She said, "I'm a dead ringer for her. Not sure that I'm related, but by Christ, if it gets him down long enough to kill him, I'll take the risk." She looked at Gabe and Dante, "Fine." She admitted, "But this is my hunt and it'll play to my rules, understood?"....

Dante raised a brow and would go along with her thinking he would play by her rules, but he had his own ideas. But first they had to get close to him and he didn't think that it would be as easy as Mac thought it would be. First they had to find him. "So we are off to New York City then. Guess the hunt for Anubis is on hold then."

Mac shook her head quickly. "Hell no!" She said sharply, "I guarantee Anubis will be where Cain is. But yes, we are definitely off to New York."....

"Well if we are going there then I need to pick up a few things at my place." he looked at Mac, "We driving, flying, or what?"

Mac nodded and then looked to Gabe, "Your phone?" She asked and he tossed it to her. She dialed the number needed. "We need an immediate flight to New York." She said, "How close can you get? Fair enough. The multistorey will be your best bet. Understood." She hung up and tossed the phone back to Gabe. "You've got ten minutes." She said to Dante....

"Keys to the car." he asked and Father Griffin tossed them to him. So where are we leaving from?" he asked. He needed to know.

"The multistorey car park across the street." Mac said as she went to fetch her kit bag and some fresh clothes. "From the roof."...

It didn't take him long to arrive at his place. He always kept a back pack packed with clothes, lock picks and a few other items, just in case he needed to make a run for it. This he grabbed and then went over to the mantle of the fire place and took down the katanna that was on a stand on top of it. It was old, his teacher had told him that it was from a time in japan's history that was noted for demons and appearances of gods and the like. He said that it had taken three years to forge, being folded more then any other blade of the time. It was suppose to have a history, a part of it was inscribed on the blade in the intricate ingravings. He drove to the top of the tall parking structure and met up with Gabe and Mac as a hellicopter approached. "Ready when you are."

The Sea King landed roughly and the doors opened. An officer dressed in English RAF uniform waved them in and Mac quickly hopped up and in. Gabe followed, then Dante and the huge chopper lifted off again. Mac took a seat just behind the pilot and put on the headphones so she could speak to him. "Estimated time." She said. "About two hours." The pilot replied, "I'll have to put you down on Liberty Island though, or we risk being seen by the coastguard before we get out of there again." Mac nodded and looked around out of the front window, "Will there be a boat waiting for us?" She asked. The pilot half turned his head, "It's been arranged, Commander." He replied, then put his full attention back to flying the giant helicopter. Mac turned back to face Gabe and Dante. "We land on Liberty Island in two hours." She told them, "There'll be a boat waiting to take us to the mainland."...

Dante placed the backpack and katanna on the floor infront of him. On the wooden sheath of the Katanna was intergret engravings, filled with silver. Dante didn't know the language and his teacher had not told him what they ment, only that it was said to have once killed a powerful demon. Dante had figured it had been a myth. For he had never believed in Demons. "Good, any ideas on how to find him?" He had not known that they vampire he had stole the diamond from was one. If Cain and Anubis were smart he had a feeling it would take time to find them.

Mac eyed up the katana at Dante's feet and lifted an eyebrow slightly. "Well, if you want to get a water demon's attention, you've got it sussed already." She said, nodding at the blade between his feet. "Finding Anubis won't be too much trouble. He probably knows already that we're coming. We just need to let a sucker escape and he'll come to us."....

"What makes you think they will come to us." he asked. "I have a feeling that they will lay a trap and spring it but not be anywhere near." he was thinking of other famous leaders in world history that sat back safely and let others do their dirty work.

"Because we have something they don't expect." Mac said. "Back in the day, Anubis had a big thing for Akasha. All we need to do is make sure he sees me and we've got him. He'll lead us right to Cain, I can feel it."...

Dante didn't think it would be that easy. He would know that she was not Akasha. Even if he was taken aback by the way Mac looked, he didn't think he would approach her. Perhaps follow, study, and observe but not approach until he was sure he could or should. "We will see." he said.
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:31 am

The helicopter landed on Liberty Island with little announcement and soon enough, they were riding the boat to the mainland. Mac remained silent beyond giving some vague instructions to the boat's pilot. They landed in New York just after midnight and Mac disembarked without little more than an observatory word. She had her gane face on which Gabe was happy to explain to Dante. "When she gets like this, it's better to just do as she tells you and not aegue." He warned, "Trust me, I've known her longer than most."....

Dante was not the one to take orders to well. He had been on his own for so long that doing something someone else told him, just did not cut it. Oh he would listen to what they were saying and see what was going on. But when it came to action, he had his own plans. He picked up his back pack and katanna. Water Demon indeed. He had paid little heed to the story his teacher had told him, but he began remembering the discription of the Demon. As he left the chopper he slightly drew the blade and saw the red linge down the center of the blade. It was not metal but something in the metal. He had no idea what it was. All his teacher told him in time he would know all he needed. At the time it ment nothing to him, but now he was wondering about his teacher and why he had given him the katanna. That old Japanies guy seemed to have a few secrets. "Ok then what is the plan or is there one?"

Msc looked at Gabe, who in turn looked back at her with regret. "Not again, please?" He begged. Mac lifted an eyebrow and he moved away, taking Dante with him. "You're with me." he said. His tone sounded that of a usually spoiled child being denied his toys. Mac walked away with little more than a nod and Gabe stepped onto the boat. "The fight will be here." He told the thief, "Best for the public and all. We get the word out that there is someone Anubis needs to meet."....

Anubis had left the city before Lucian had and made his way to New York City. When he felt his Father's presence he began moving further into the city. Cain waited at the mansion, feeling the presence of his son growing more intense as he got closer. They centruries of seperation had intensified the bond between creator and the one given the dark gift. The car, a Mercades sprots car pulled up to the gate of the wall surrounding the estate. Inside the mansion Cain's people watched on a monitor and with a single gesture of the hand the gate was opened for Anubis.

Cain met Anubis at the front door of the mansion. Anubis emerged from the car and walked up to Cain and went to one knee, "Father." he said softly.

"Rise my son." Cain put a hand on one of Anubis' shoulders. "Come tell me what has transpired. Where are the others?"

Anubis rose and followed Cain inside. "They are dead Father." he began. "Akasha died by the hands of the humans after we escaped the flood. We had established a new empire along what is now called the Nile." his voice was full of anger. "Sekhmet and Osiris a hunter killed not to long ago as they prepared to go into the Deep Sleep. She and another team of the Vatican's dogs have been hunting me and my lycans."

At the mention of Anubis' lycans, Cain looked up the scowl on his face finding out that three of his children were dead, turned a bit brighter. "You have created more of your warriors? How many my son? They were a marvelous fighting force back then."

"At the moment there is but a Pack of twenty. There were more but the hunters have thined their ranks." Anubis said.

"No matter my son, one is worth a hundred humans when it comes to a fight. You will make more my son for we will have need of them." Cain moved forward and embrased his son.

"Father there is something else. The Female hunter has someone with her. He is no hunter, but nor is he human. I could smell the vampire blood within him, but he is no vampire. He has the strength, agility, and speed of the vampires of today, perhaps more. He has learned to use his abilities well." he snarled a bit. "He managed to attack me and prevent me from killing two hunters and allow the woman to shoot me with silver bullets." He moved his coat so Cain could see the healing scar. "Should they come here, he is mine Father."

Cain nodded and grinned. "Then he shall be yours my son."

"Oh so she goes flaunts herself around and hopes that he takes the bait." he shook his head, "Don't think that will work. Want the bad guy to come out and play then you have to make him feel challanged." he told Gabe. "Look, I am an unknown here. This Anubis character has seen me but once and I interfered with his plans and probably hurt his pride big time." He was not going to say he bested Anubis, he didn't think he had. "If i show up in town, he is definately going to come after me."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Dante moved forward to the boat and hopped in. He slung the Katanna over his back. "You coming he called back to Gabe."

Gabe looked at Mac a final time and then hopped into the boat. She got in behind him in silence. Gabe took a seat next to Gabe and looked at him as the boat set off for the mainland. "We have to find a way of getting Anubis' attention." He said. "I suggest we find a nest close to the docks and make our presence known. We're gonna have to be careful though. The Order has their own branch in the area and we don't want to step too much on their toes."....

"I have a way to get Anubis' attention." he told Gabe. "I will just do what I do best." he grinned. There was always something worth stealing, especially in a big City in New York. Make it flashy, and something imposible for a normal human to do and that would get the attention of Anubis. He spotted a newspaper on one of the seats and picked it up. He paged through it, seeing what was going on in the city. The big events that would draw the rich and famous. He found just the thing that would gain instant headlines and hopefully with a bit of information he could give a newspaper after he made his daring and highly impossible heist, the word would be out. "Perfect he said and handed the paper to Gabe.

Gabe looked at the paper and lifted an eyebrow. "Woah." he breathed, "You are joking, right? There's no way a living being could steal this painting, not even one as fast as you. Besides." He put the paper down, "You steal Rembrant's mother and there isn't an office in this universe that won't hunt you down for it."....

"Exactly." he said. "The word would be out that it was impossible to steal. What better way to anounce that I am here in the city. If Anubis is anything I think he is, he will want me and badly. I hurt his pride, surprised him. He will want my head. Just hope you guys will help me keep it." he chuckled and looked over at Mac to see what she had to say.

Mac lifted her head, "Go for it." She told him. At Dante's side, Gabe nearly stood up, "You're insane!" He said, "The security in that painting will be astronomical. They'll see him on a camera somewhere at the very least and how is he supposed to avoid the anti-theft lasers?" Mac simply stared back at him. "That's why it's the perfect job." She replied, "And when Anubis turns up for his ego boost, I'll be there to greet him." "And what about me?" Gabe asked. "You'll be making sure he doesn't kill Dante."....

Dante raised a brow at her response. He thought she was going to give him a hard time about it. It surprised him that she was going along with the idea. But he nodded and said, "Give me a day to scope out the place and don't worry Gabe, I've delt with simalar problems and know what to do." he chuckled. "This one though will probably give my reputation a boost." He saw Gabe's face and said, "Also when it is all over and done with, I'll return it. These people are good people, not like some of the others that collect rare things."

Gabe shook his head, "Fine." He said, "But I want my protest about this on paper." Mac looked up again and nodded. The boat pulled up to the dock and she disembarked. "I'll find us a decent hotel to stay in close by. Out here, any collateral damage should be minimum." She then looked at Dante, "You've got 24 hours." She told him, then to Gabe, "Make a little noise in the abnormal population, see what you can dig up. Leave a few alive with my description and connect it with Dante, but don't make it too perfect. Anubis is smarter than his brothers, he'll smell a rat if it's too good."....

Dante dug into his back pack and tossed her a cell phone. "Got the number on one that is on me. I'll call you when I have done what I have to." he then left the boat and headed off into the city. Soon he was walking the streets of New York city. But before he did he removed his coat and slung the katanna over his shoulder again and put the coat back on to cover it mostly. With the back pack on his back, unless someone really was looking they would not notice it. He made his way to the building he had to go to. It was tall, of course where he had to go was on the PentHouse level. "Oh now this should be fun." he murmered.

Gabe went off on his mission while Mac made her way into the city to find a decent hotel to use as their base. She wasn't there long before she drew some attention. Any normal person would have called it paranoia, but as Mac made her way onto 3rd street, she noticed someone familiar get their phone out and make a call. With a smile, Mac went into the Duke Hotel and registered for a room, making sure the concierge understood two more would be showing up later on. She sent a text to Gabe and Dante letting them know the hotel and room. They would be in the penthouse suite. She dumped her gear, changed her clothes and then went back downstairs. In the bar, she was greeted by the same person she saw making a call. "What are you doing here?" He demanded. Mac smiled, "I'm here on business." She said. "Why are you here?" The man said more annoyed this time. "I'm hunting Lucian and I know he's here. I'm not interfering on your turf and I won't be here long. 48 hours, maybe 72 at the very most and I'll be out of your hair." The man scowled slightly and then started walking away, "Yes you will." He said, then left. Mac sat down and ordered a drink and then waited for Gabe and Dante to get in touch.....

The place was guarded by security guards at a desk in the Lobby. They had all sorts of monitors for the first floor of the building and the elevators. People on the upper floors liked their privacy so none was there. There was a party of people that got out of cabs and began heading for the building. He just mingled in with them and entered as if he was a part of the group. The security people recgonized the couple that was leading the others and let them all enter the elevator. Dante just went with them and no one really paid any attention to him. The couple that everyone was with must be the type that loved to party. At five floors below the penthouse the elevator stopped and every one got out including Dante. Looking around he saw no cameras so waited till all was clear before he pried open opened the door to the elevator using a tool from his back pack. The elevator had gone down again so putting the back pack on again he jumped to the cables and began climbing. He had a little help from the elevator as it again began coming up a few floors. The cable pulled him up and before long he was at the Penthouse level. Now was the tricky part. He swung over and got the doors opened and hopped inside the entranceway of the penthouse. Hopefully no one was home.

Inside the penthouse as Dante entered, a shadow moved across the wall. The thief was not alone. The shadow watched as he moved further into the room and then made their presence known. "You smell good." The voice said, distinctly female and definitely dangerous.....

Dante turned, the katana quickly sliding from its sheath. The blood red substance in the blade glowing slightly. "Really?" he said as he looked upon the woman.

To say the woman was stunning would be an understatement. A Vogue model if there ever was one. She emerged in a ruby red dress, her blonde hair half up and half down to curve around her neck. "Very much so." She told him with a smile. There were fangs, but as yet, she made no move to attack. "Who are you and why are you here?"...

Why was it the last one and now this one had to be vampires he was trying to steal from. He thought the Vanderbergs were good people, funding all sorts of worth while chairaties. But to also be vampires? This was getting to much. The blood red substance glowed more intently, lighting up the some what dark room. "Well lets just say I am here to borrow something. As to who I am." he just smiled and had a feeling that even if he told her she would not be one to be telling. "I am the Cat."

The woman stepped more clearly into the light given off by the blade. "The Cat?" She asked, "How interesting." There was a slight giggle in her voice and then amazingly, a long, slender tail came out from behind her. In the light, there was also something else amazing. Her ears were pointed, the point disappearing up onto her hairline. "That is also my name. Katarina Vanderburg. My friends call me Kat."....

Lovely something else. "Well that is interesting. But does not make things any different." at least she was not a vampire, but something else. Not a lycan either but another type of abnormal. "Now just what kind of abnormal are you?" he asked. He made quick glances about the place to insure that no one else was there. "and if you don't mind I did come here to get something."

Kat moved from her spot and started pacing around him gently, "You needn't fear." She offered, "I am alone here, I promise." As he feet emerged from her dress while she walked, it was clear she had the feet of a cat. "I am a feline changeling. During the night, I appear as you see me. During the day, I appear more human, but do not fear, I am not like my Lycan counterparts. I pray on smaller animals, vermin mostly, birds, fish as a treat."....

Well that was a new one on him. It was a good thing he had came alone. Gabe or Mac would have probably killed her. "Well if you don't mind I will keep my defence up. But if you would like you can make it easier for me by showing me the painting. The Rembrant one."

Kat stopped moving and cocked her head to one side, "You want my Rembrant?" She asked curiously, "Why would you want to steal my painting?"....

He shugged his shoulders. "Just need to borrow it for a bit, and make it look like I stole it. Need the papers to make a big deal about it since it is well protected and all. Once the reason i need it for is over, it will be returned."

Kat lifted a dainty eyebrow. "So you want someone's attention?" She questioned, "Why not just go and find them? You understand that my husband is auctioning this piece for charity tonight and he will be very upset that it is missing."....

"Well I am sorry, but the one's attention I want is a bit hard to find. Lets just say he is not a very nice person and I pissed him off once and I want him to know I am here." he told her. "Like I said it will be returned with in a day or two." he had a feeling that her husband was probably an adnormal as well, and he didn't want to have to deal with him. "So if you could........" he nodded the inside of the penthouse. "Time is very essential here."

Kat smiled, "This city is filled with people that are not very nice." she moved back and turned the lights on. Her whole form was on show now, everything from the slit in her eyes to the talons on her fingers to the slight fur around her ears. She was still beautiful though. Behind her, Rembrants Mother shone in all her glory. "Well, there you go." She said, waving a hand at it. "Just do me one favour, if you please.".....

He looked at the painting and then at Kat. "What favor is that?" he asked. He still did not trust her.

"At least make it look like I made things difficult for you." She said, "My husband prides himself on my ability to protect his property. If he finds out that you simply took it, I'm in trouble, understand? The police would be the very least of my problems if my true self were to be known."...

"Oh trust me I know." he told her. "Just how do you expect me make it look like it was difficult for me. Is it not suppose to be protected by top of the line lasers and sensors and such? That is what I was counting on to make it so spectacular that it would make the one I seek take notice."

Kat smiled, "Of course." She said, "But why not go that extra mile and make sure you're freakish wife is also looking after it?" She pointed over towards the bar. "A bottle over the head, tie me to a chair or something. But try not to mark my face." She moved to the bar and turned away. She closed her eyes and then waited......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:09 am

The place was guarded by security guards at a desk in the lobby. They had all sorts of monitors for the first floor of the buyilding and the elevators. people on the upper floors liked their privacy so none were there. There was a party of people that got out of cabs and began heading for the building. Dante just mingled in with them and entered as if he was a part of the group. The security peiple recgonized the couple that was leading the others and let them all enter the elevators. Dante just went with them and no one really paid any attention to him. The couple that everyone was with must be the type that loved to party. At five floors below the penthouse the elevator stopped and everyone got out including Dante. He waited until everyone left and the elevator went back down before removing a tool from his pack and opened the doors to the elevator. Putting the pack back on he jumped to the cables and began climbing. he had a little help from the elevators as it again began coming up a few floors. The cable pulled him up and before long he was at the Penthouse level. Now was the tricky part. He had to swing over to the door and open it while hanging on to the cable. He doubted that any normal person could do that. As the doors opened he swung his self over to the entrance way of the penthouse. He hoped no one was home.

Inside the penthouse as dante entered, a shadow moved across the wall. The thief was not alone. The shadow watched as he movef further into the room and then made its presence known. "You smell good." the voice said, distinctly female and definitely dangerous.....

Dante turned, the katana quickly sliding from its sheath. The blood red substance in the blade glowing slightly. "Really?" he said as he looked upon the woman.

To say the woman was stunning would be an understatement. A vogue model if there ever was one. She emerged in a ruby red dress, her blond hair half up and half down to curve around her neck. "Very much so." she told him with a smile. There were fangs but as yet she made no move to attack. "Who are you and why are you here"

Why was it the last one and now this one had to be adnormal that he was trying to steal from. he thought the Vanderbergs were good people, funding all sorts of worth while charities. But to be adnormals? This was getting to much. The blood red substance glowed more intently, lighting up the somewhat dark room. "Well lets just say I am her to borrow something. As to who I am......" he just smiled and had a feeling that even if he told her she would not be the type to be telling. Especially if he got away. "I am called the Cat."

The woman stepped more clearly nto the light given off by the blade. "The Cat?" she asked, "How interesting." There was a slight giggle in her voice and then amazingly, a long slender tail came out from behind her. In the light there was slso something else amazing. her ears were pointed, the point disappearing up into her hair line. "That is also my name, Katrina vanderburg. "My friends call me Kat."

Lovely something else. "Well that is interesting. But does not make things any different." At least she was not a vampire but something else. not a lycan either, but another type of abnormal. "Now just what kind of abnormal are you?" he asked. he made quick glances arout the place to insure that no one else was there." and if you don't mind, I did come here to get something."

Kat moved from her spot and started pacing around him gently, "You needn't fear." She offered. "I am alone here, I promise." As her feet emerged from her dress while she walked, it was clear she had the feet of a cat. "I am a feline changeling. During the night, I appear as you see me. During the day, I appear more human, but do not fear, i am not like my Lycan counterparts. I pray on smaller animals, vermin mostly, birds, fish as a treat."

Well that was a new one on him. It was a good thing he had come alone. Gabe and Mac would have probably killed her. "Well if you don't mind, I will keep my defence up. But if you would like, you can make it easier for me by showing me the painting. the Rembrant one."

Kat stopped moving and cocked her head to one side, "You want my Rembrant?" she asked curiously, "Why would you want to steal my painting?"

He shugged his shoulders. "Just need to borrow it for a bit, and make it look like I stole it. Need the newspapers to make a big deal about it since it is well protected and all. Once the reson I need it for is over, it will be returned."

Kat lifted a dainty eyebrow. "So you want someone's attention?" she quesioned. "Why not just go find them?" You understand that my husband is auctioning this peice off for charity tonight and he will be very upset that it is missing."

"Well I am sorry about that, but the one's attention I want is a bit hard to find. Lets just say he is not a very nice person and I pissed him off once, and now I want him to know I am here." he told her. "Like I said it will be returned within a day or two." he had a feeling that her husband was probably an adnormal as well, and he didn't want to have to deal with him. "so if you could......" he nodded to the inside of the penthouse. "Time is very essential here."

Kat smiled, "This cityh is filed with people that are not very nice." she mvoed back and turned on the lights. he whole form was o sow now, everything from the slit in her eyes to the talons on her fingers to the slight fur around her ears. she was still beautiful though. Behind her, rembrants mother shone in all her glory. "Well, there you go." she said, waiving a hand at it. "just do me one favor, if yo please."

He looked at the painting and then at Kat. "What favor is that?" he asked. he still did not trust her.

"At least make it look like I made things difficult for you." she said, "My husband prides himself on my ability to protect his property. if he finds out tht you simply took it, I am in trouble, understand? the police would be the ver least of my problems if my true self were to be known."

"O h trust me, I know." he told her. "Just how do you expect me to make it look like it was difficult for me. is it not suppose to be protected by top of the line lasers and sensors and such?"

Kat smiled, "Of course." she said, "But why not go that extra mile and make sure you're freakish wife is also looking after it?" She pointed over towards the bar. "A bottle over the head, tie me to a chair or something. But try not tomark my face." She moved to the bar and turned away. she closed her eyes and then waited.

Dante shook his head. "I don't think so. I don't operate that way." he moved towards the painting resheathing the katana. "So is there all that stuff guarding the painting?" he asked or is it just a bunch of hype and your husband expects you to guard it?"

"It's all there." she told him. "I'm the back up for when you get through it."

He chuckled and took of his back pack. Sighting he took out a canister and sprayed the air. the laser beams crisscrossed the room before hte painting. He studied the floor. "Mmmmm pressure plates. If one could contort themselves to get around the laser beams, they owuld have to some how get over the pressure plates. "So your husband expectd someone to beat his security?" he asked her.

"Humans aren't the only thieves in this city." Kat replied still stood with her back to him and her eyes closed.

He looked around and noted that the beams only went so high. The penthouse had vaulted ceilings, that were built soldid and looked as if they had been reinforced with metal work, that would make breaaking throught he ceiling very difficult. But there was still room for one to get over the beams, but it was high enough that no normal person could jump that far. He couched and then made a jump straight up and did a slight sumersault at the top and over the laser beams and landed infront of the painting. "Yes I am seeing that more and more these days. So far, with the exception of you they have not been very nice." he moved his fingers aorund the edge of the painting and found the next security measure, which he disabled.

Kat finally opene her eyes again and watched as Dante jumped over the security. She actually smiled lightly at his skill. "Thank you for the compliment." she said, "I hope your hunter friends will find me as pleasing as you do."

He stopped and turned to look at her. "Hunter friends?" he asked. Now how the hell did she know about them.

Kat gave another winnign smile, "My sence of smell it three hundred times better than a dog and fourthy time sbetter then a lycan. I can smell them on you. Amale and an incredibly fragrant female. Delicious almost."

"And how do you knw that they are hunters?" he asked. he didn't think hunters would smell any different then other humans."

"The base scent is human." Kat said, "With abnormal's covering all over it. That can only mean a hunter."

"Ok. Well I don't think you want them knowing about you. They don't go for capture you know." he too the small painting down and out of the frame and rolled it up. Then he leaped back up and over the laser beams to land on his feet like a cat.

I make no mistake about understanding that much." she said, then turned about again, "Are you going to hit me and tiem me up or not?"

He chuckled. "No. I told you that I don't operate that way. just tell your husband that it will be returned unharmed in a day or two. I am sure you have ways to smooth his savage nature." he moved to get past her.

Kat looked at Dante in shock and a sudden fear as he moved past her. She remained speechless and could only watch him walk away.

He stopped as he saw the fear in her eyes. Could her husband be that bad. He recalled what she had said about her husband and freakish wife. Did he consider her a freak? She had been so nice and sweet about the whole thing. He could not let her take any abuse from her husband. As he picked up his pack he took another small can out and moved close to Kat. Bringing it up he sprayed the stuff in her face and caught her as she went limp and eased her to the floor. "Sleep well." he whispered and put the can away. It was mainly used for guard dogs, but he guessed it worked on abnormals as well. He would have to remember that. Putting the painting carefully in his back pack he made his way down to the elevators. Again he opened the doors and jumped to the cables. This time going down to the floor that he had gotten off on. Once he had gotten the doors open and into the hallway, he let the doors shut and pushed the button for the elevator to come up. When he entered it the cameras would show that he had gone up in it and now was coming down from the same floor, as if he was leaving the party early. He just then simply walked out of the place the guards paying him no heed.

He crossed the street to a cafe and ordered himself a coffee as he waited. A bit later a limo drove up and a man got out and entered. Dante looked at his watch and then about fifteen minutes later the cops were arriving in droves along with an ambulance. Not long after that a TV news crew arrived and then a couple more. He chuckled as it could not be better then this. He walked across the street as a crowd gathered and listened in. Kat was brought down on a stretcher still sleeping her husband at her side. He didn't like the looks of the man. He may donate to charaties but if he hurt her, Dante would be paying another visit to him. Soon the word of the robbery was being broadcast all over the news channels. The imposibility of the theft and everything. The trade mark of the Cat. "That should let him know I am here."

He then made the call to Mac. "Got the job done and only took a few hours. Watch the TV, should be all over the news by now." he told her. He began walking to the hotel. Somewhere out there Anubis roamed.

The news casts was something that Cain and Anubis did not miss. "It is him. I am sure of it." Anubis snarled.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:27 pm

In the bar, Mac heard her phone ring and picked it up. It was Dante and she was to watch the TV. "Already am." She replied, "Well done. Be careful on your way back. The local chapter here have paid me a visit. I'm in the bar and there's a drink waiting for you." She then hung up and sat back in the chair to enjoy her drink. A few minutes after she hung up, Gabe appeared. His task had been completed also and word should be reaching Anubis and Cain very soon that Akasha had been reincarnated....

Dante made his way to the hotel. He passed people that were oblivious of what was going on in the city. Once her reached the hotel he went to the bar and saw that Mac and Gabe were there watching the news that was continuing the coverage of the theift. In a corner he noticed a man watching the two. He wondered if he was with Vactian's Hunters that were there in New York. He also wondered if he should approach Mac and Gabe.

Mac spotted Dante entering the bar and nodded that he was ok to join them. She also nodded at Gabe about the men across the room watching them. As Dante joined them, she moved a chair back for hi with her foot. "The already know I have two cpmpanions with me." She said, then lifted her drink at he men with a smile. "They've already said their piece and I've already told them we won't be here for very long.".....

Dante was hesitent to join her and Gabe. He was not a Vatican Hunter and he was sure that they would want to know who he was and why Mac was having a non member helping her. But he took the chair and took his drink. He watched the news and found that Kat was ok and awake. It seemed her husband was concerened about her and had offered a large reward for the finding of the painting and the thief's capture. That he did not expect and had a feeling he was going to regret.

Mac watched the rest of the report while sipping her whiskey and then leaned over slightly to Dante, "100K for your arrest." She mused, "I'd be tempted if I didn't need you around. Wasn't expecting the beaten up wife though. Didn't think you played that way.".....

"Didn't hurt her. Just sprayed her with a sleep spray. Was gentle as a lamb with her." he told Mac. "Ok now I have done my part and I am quite sure Anubis will be out there wanting to get his hands on me. Time to talk to a fence, one that will want the reward." he took a sip of his drink. "The location of the transaction will more then likely get back to Anubis. "

Mac nodded, "You're gonna set it up with a woman called Anna." She said quietly, then grinned, "Namely, me. Anubis will definitely be there for you, but when he sees Anna, things will change. Gabe has been playing his own games with the Abnormals. Has a nest convinced that Akasha has been reborn into this woman called Anna." She checked her watch, "Word should be reaching them any time soon." She smiled again and sat back once more, "Get the painting upstairs. Penthouse suite. I'll meet you up there with Gabe in a few minutes.".....

Dante nodded his head and asked for the key to the penthouse elevator. Once he got one he finished his drink then headed for the elevators. Before entering he made sure no one was following and then went up to the Penthouse. He took the painting out and waited for Gabe and Mac. Meanwhile back at the lair of Cain and Anubis the female vampire had heard the news cast and what Anubis said. She didn't want anything to do with what Cain and Anubis was planing. She didn't want to live the life of a vampire. She thought that perhaps the thief would be willing to kill her for the information she had. She lacked the courage to do it herself and only wanted a quick and painless death. She left the mansion and made her way into town.

Mac and Gabe entered the penthouse after a few minutes. Gabe went into another room and pushed the door ajar. Mac went over to Dante and the painting and looked it up and down. "Not half bad." She offered. "Gabe will be putting the word out about Anna wanting to buy the Rembrant. The location will be Liberty Island. We know Anubis will be there, so all we have to do is make sure he sees me and you together. Gabe will be positioned on the North wall to cover us.".....

"Interesting." he said. "But do you think that Anubis is going to think you are Akasha? Only him and her would know things about each other. A reincarnated Akasha would there fore know these things. I don't think he will be foolish enough to show himself." He knew that Anubis would want him, but not if there was someone with him. Only if he was alone and it did not look like a set up would he come out into the open. Even then he doubted that the weapons that Mac and Gabe had would kill Anubis. It didn't seem like silver had an effect on him and if what was said to be true, that he walked in the light of the sun, UV bullets would have no effect.

Mac nodded, "This is true, but Akasha is not alive. The word is is that she has been reincarnated. The old texts say that when one is reincarnated, they may hold the same looks, sounds and feeling, though they hold little of the person they had once been. Everyone knows that Anubis's thing for Akasha went deeper than any love or devotion. Their relationship transcended death and time itself. He won't miss a chance to get his hands on a woman that looks and sounds just like her."....

"Well we will see. Give Gabe the night to get the information out, and make it for tommorow night. That will give enough time for word to get to Anubis." Back at the mansion, Anubis sent out a couple of the lycans and a couple of the human follower's of Cain into the city to find out what they could. Alice was already there and followed the humans, learning what they learned and then made her way into the center of the city.

Mac nodded in agreement, "Of course." She said, "And in the meantime, be ready for anything. I know Anubis and he'll be sending out all manner of abnormals to find where you are. Best bet for you now is to stay here until tomorrow night and let Gabe do his thing. Relax and enjoy the five stars for a while."....

"Now that I think I could do." he grinned. But he had an odd feeling that something was about to happen. He went to one of the rooms, taking the painting with him. He had said he would return it and that he would do. Stripping he went in and took shower. In the city a couple of the Vatican Hunters had spotted two male vampires. They followed them and as they went down an ally, they were attacked by three other's and killed them. A third Hunter that was with the car waited and then went looking for his companions and found their bodies. He called it in.

Mac had been enjoying the quiet out on the balcony for almost an hour before Gabe came out. "I've had a call." He offered quietly, "Two Hawk standards were killed earlier tonight. They were hunting a small pack of vamps down near Chinatown."
Mac nodded in return, "Ok." She said just as quietly, "Keep an ear down for any more info. Have you spread the word about me for Anubis and Cain?"
Gabe nodded, "They should be finding out any time now." He replied.
"Good." Mac said, "As soon as you can, have Dante get the painting back to the Vandabergs and then I need the pair of you to disappear. Stay close in case I need you, but keep on the low down. I'm gonna let Anubis take me back to the nest."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next