The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter and The Thief

2 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Hunter and The Thief - Page 10 Empty Re: Hunter and The Thief

Post by questor Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:56 am

Mary grinned from ear to ear, "Of course I would love it." she told Casha. She stood up as the servents came in with his clothes. They were adorable looking, but she didn't let them dress him but did it herself. "Oh you look so handsome." she told Gabriel. One of the servents brought the stroller in so he could be put into it. Once it looked as if Casha was ready Mary waited for her to take charge of the stroller. After all this was her big day as well.

Dante listened and nodded. Oh he had heard the stories, the myths of back then. As a child he had read about them but of course was told they were all myths, made up stories to explain strange things that happened. From what he was learning, alot of those old myths were probably demons and Angles doing various things to get people to do what they wanted. "So if she was known to be a demon why wasn't she delt with? What happened to her and to her two sons?" It would help Dante when he began his research to see if he could find anyone that was related to him. From what Bernard was saying Cain killed Abfret's brother and drank his blood, thus becoming a vampire. A form of demon and human. Though demon's blood was deadly to humans, something in Cains makeup had prevented that and changed him.

From talking to Abfret he knew about the genetic memory thing. Casha's knowledge of the shadow world and how to enter it. That was casued by his blood that he gave to her that changed her. So why wasn't he able to acess all that. Another mystery.

Marla laughed as Gabe pulled her down to the bed. "The day off eh. You sure you can do that? Don't you have to let the big guy know about it?"

Abfred chuckled at the antics of the four little ones. The were facinated by the Hellhound. "They will be ready to go out into the garden when you want them there." he told her. He pulled out a pair of sunglasses and put them on. "The eyes are most sensitive to the sunlight. The price of living in the shadow world for so long." A change came over his skin making it a bit more tolerable to take on the light and ultraviolite light of the day. When it came time for them to go, he told the hellhound to return to the shadow world and that she could come back if Kat allowed it. The hellhound gave each of the kittens a lick and nussled them with her snout before she reentered the shadows.

questor

Male Number of posts : 2156
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 am

Casha took one look at the stroller and turned her nose up. "I don't think so." She said firmly. Another servant arrived seconds later with what looked like a long shawl. "Now that's more like it." Casha said with a smile. The shawl was actually a sling that tied around one shoulder and crossed the body so baby could lay down and feed without being moved. She looked to her mother. "I hate strollers, they're out in the open and baby is propped up like some kind of scrunched up doll. I much prefer the old fashioned carriages and old slings like this." Gabriel was placed into it carefully and Casha moved aside the cup of her dress so Gabriel could either suckle and feed, or comfort himself a while. Another definite no-no she had. She would rather Gabriel used her as a pacifier than a dome of rubber. She then moved through the door to find Kat coming out with the kittens. She smiled warmly to her adopted sister.

Kat smiled back at Casha as she came out with the four kittens held in a very similar contraption. "The kittens have been playing with their new Uncle. I believe you've met already?" She said as she waved her hand at Abfret. Casha lifted an eyebrow and then gave a nod of her head, "Nice to see you in the land of light." She told him sarcastically and then moved her hand to her mother. "This is my mother, Mary. Mum, this is Abfret, a distant ancestor. We are going down for breakfast and to intruduce Gabriel to the house. Would you like to join us?".......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Female Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 am

Mary reluctently gave up Gabriel to Casha. "We will have many more rocking sessions, my swee little grandson. " She looked at Casha her face full of love and pride. "Your Father would have been so happy and proud." she leaned in and kissed Casha's cheek.

Abfret gave Casha a smile. "Well this is sort of the first official family Gathering and I would not miss such a thing." He told her. He was a proud Uncle and he was going to make sure the four kittens would be well taken care of. He followed along after them, leting the women have the spotlight.

Down in the Garden the servents and those that could from the ranks were gathering. Not all had seen the kittens nor Gabriel. This would be a grand day for them.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:31 am

Casha and Kat arrived in the garden promptly and a small, yet genuine applause began to rise from the staff. Both women smiled proudly. The kittens were the first to be passed around and then let loose in the lush grass. Many of the female staff, in particular, the lycan varient, were quick to turn all maternal and play with the four gently and protectively. Casha noted this and motioned her head to her adopted sister. "You might have to shame them more than you thought." She giggled. Kat laughed back and went off to join them. Casha took a more relaxed approach and simply mingled with the remaining staff.

The new queen was adorned with compliments and congratulations on the birth of the prince and Anubis was all but forgotten for the moment. The servants gave him the usual respect of bowed heads and small curtsies, but the main attention was and remained, on Casha. Even the male staff were quick to coo over the infant, telling her how handsome he was and how proud they were to be witness to his birth. For a moment, Casha felt somewhat overwhelmed by the whole thing, but it passed as she got used to the attention.

Shortly after she had taken her seat and relaxed, and once the attention was set to last, Garret made his appearance and made his way to Casha. Many of the other lycans present started to laugh and joke at him. The Queen's Lapdog. Garret ignored them and proudly took his place at her side. Casha dropped her smile somewhat at what she heard, but it was just as Garret had told her before so she said nothing, instead, reaching out her hand to bury it in his lucious fur and stroke him lovingly. The jokes were stopped immediately.

More than a mile away, another sat happily watching the event unfold with a telescopic camera lens. Already, the dollar signs were flashing over his eyes, but more than that, his superiors would be thrilled with the news. He took several hundred pictures and even some decent close-ups of Casha and Gabriel, and Kat and the kittens. In fact, he got picture of each person's face with skilled accuracy. Once he was done and before his location was given away if the wind direction changed, he took out his cell phone and dialled a number.

"I have the pictures you need, Sir." He said quietly, knowing perfectly well his voice might carry to a lycan ear. "Yes Sir, she's had the baby. I've got a snapshot of him. Well Sir, with all the stuff I've seen coming and going, it has to be a boy." A short silence followed as the caller received his next lot of information. "Yes Sir, the Brotherhood Cardinal is with them. Yes Sir, the mother too. They're all here like one big happy family." Another silence. "No Sir, they're too well protected. Any attempt would see your people dead before they even breached the outer fence. Yes Sir, it's 24/7. No, they'd smell a rat a mile away, even me." Another long silence. "Yes Sir, I'll send the pictures right away." He nodded, "And they'll be in the papers by morning." Another silence, but shorter. "Yes Sir, I'll see what I can come up with. Thank you Sir." The caller put his phone away and lifted his camera to take just a few more shots before leaving. And just in time as the wind shifted around and his scent was carried towards the mansion.

Garret was first to pick up the smell as the others seemed too intent on pawing over Casha and Kat's kittens. "Casha." He gruffed quietly, "I smell an intruder." Casha was instantly on guard and sat bolt upright.
"Where?" She asked.
Garret motioned his head upwind towards the lower gardens and back wall, "About a mile away, beyond the boundry." He said, "Male. Not human. He's getting faint, so he's leaving, or left already."
"Why didn't you smell him before?" Casha asked as she snapped her fingers at the main guard.
"He's been down wind of us until just a few seconds ago when it shifted around."
The guard arrived and Casha quickly pointed to the lower gardens. "There's an intruder beyond the back wall of the lower gardens. Garret has scented him." The lycans instantly took off and Casha looked to Anubis......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 am

Anubis looked on at the attention Casha and Gabriel was getting with a large smile. He let Casha be the center of attention as it was her right to be. She had gone through hell carrying Gabriel and now that he was born she deserved the attention and everything. He wanted to just sit back and watch as a proud husband and father. He did not fail to notice the comments and reactions to Garrets entrance to the gardens, nor the reactions of the others when Casha stroked his fur. He grinned and knew that there would probably be no more such talk. Fear of what Casha would do, or could do was sufficent to silence them.

Dante was laughing at the antics of his children and how the female lycans seemed to love playing with them. Beside him was Abfret. "Little ones always bring out something in everyone." he murmered. The little ones scampered everywhere. They were enjoying the garden and wanted to explore everything. Amy entered an area of shadows and seemed to disapear and reappear a short distance away, in an area that she would have had to cross an open space and be seen in doing so. She appeared in the shadows and then back out into the main part of the garden. Abfret chuckled and Dante raised a brow. "Looks like she is a natural and already has the ability.

Dante nodded and folded his arms across his chest. "Going to have to keep a sharp eye on her from now on I guess." He could just imagine her slipping into the shadow realm and reappearing across the world. It was something that he was not fond of thinking about. "Oh don't worry nephew, I will make sure my hell hounds guide her back here and guard her." he too would make sure he took care of the little one should she slip into the shadow world.

When the alert went out all Anubis had to do was signal with his hand and a dozen lycans were on the scent.

Across the world in England, a lone figure sat in the study of an old castle. He placed his cell phone down on the large, polished, wood desk and brought a glass of warm blood up to his lips. A hand moved down to the wound that had sealed itself but had left an ugly scar on his flesh. "Barron." came a voice beyond the closed double doors of the study. "Your guest has arrived. She awaits you in the Living Room."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:00 pm

He sipped some more of the warm blood and rose from the chair, setting the glass on the desk. He crossed the room and and opened the door. The human servent bowed before Cain and and stepped back from the door. He strode across the stone floor of the castle and came to the huge living room, decorated with banners and flags from times past, along with suits of armor and on the walls portraits of people. "Well my dear it is so nice of you to come."

The woman waiting did not respond at first and was barely seen as she perched on the edge of an overstuffed Edwardian chair. Like the resident of this castle, her presence spoke of age and power, though not perhaps quite as strong as his. Still, she had proven time and again, she could hold her ground and then some. At being called Dear, she turned her head slightly further away, covering her perfectly porcelain features with the brim of her stiff hat and veil. The stiff colar of her shirt and coat made it clear the rest of her antique clothing and probably her attitude spoke of the same stiffness and formality. "When one such as you, Baron, calls for my presence, such an appearance is warranted, is it not?" Her perfect English accent spoke volumes of the era she belonged to, an era that had passed no less than two centuries at least.....

Cain moved to the fireplace and stokked the fire. "I hear that that holy bastard in Rome has been changed." He had a slight smile on his lips. "He and his order are now on the run as well thanks to my misguided son. Now I beleive we can proceed with plans that were interupted."

The woman lifted her head somewhat as the fire glinted against black diamonds that hung from her tiny ears. In respect to that, the necklace holding no less than 50 of those same diamonds began to glitter. "Yes, I've heard the news." She told him, "But, pray tell, your plans?".....

Before the raid on my santuary in the States, I had been gathering all the powerful vampires around the world. Also unknown even to Anubis I had once again began creating more powerful vampires. More children is how I look at it. They will be like me, able to walk in the light of the sun and take their proper place in power about the world." he leaned back against the fire place and looked at the woman. "Just like I made you two centuries ago." It had been something he still had idea of why he had done it. "Now I have found out that Anubis and the Turned Hunter Mckenzie have actually had a child. The first true blood vampire." His smile broadened. "This even makes things more promising. I plan to continue with the plans I had then.

The woman looked up at Cain for the first time, showing cold green eyes to her maker. The broad smile made her lift an eyebrow in turn, but then she cast her eyes back to the fire. "I believe she goes by the name Casha now." She replied smoothly, "Fitting really, considering her lineage, don't you think?" Finally, she rose from the chair, showing her tiny figure, held in place perfectly by an extrodinarily tight corsetted dress and jacket. As stiff as her hat and veil. The long satin skirts swished invitingly as she moved from the chair and plucked a glass of warm blood from a waiting slave. She sipped at it politely and then began to wander around the room. She truly was the Victorian Lady. "Your joining of the covens has not gone to plan, however, Sir." She told him, "Nor have the lycans yet pledged their allegience. Not to mention, your beloved son and daughter in law, have yet to discover that you are alive and well."....

Cain Chuckled. "Ah yes. I am harder to kill then they think. Though that damn blade the one called Dante had nearly did the trick. Another inch and he may have succeeded. As it was to all I had been killed and those fools on that plane had a very nasty surprise when I came to. Many still think I am dead, and I wish that idea to continue. That is why you are here."

The woman offered an oddly placed smile as she sipped more of the blood and then silently, put the glass back down again. Not even a tiny chink between the crystal and the wood. "Anubis, fair enough." She told him, "But do not underestimate your family, Sire. That has been your undoing before.".....

"Aye that is true. But Anubis will come around, I am sure of it. Now that he has a vampire for a wife and a son that will become one when he reaches the age. Even he is continuing to make an empire in a manner of what I had in mind but not as bold. But that little empire will have its troubles soon. Once the pictures that have been taken are sent to the media. But enough of buisness, what have you been doing for the last couple hundred years. You have not been around nor have I heard much about you."

The woman lifted an eyebrow again and returned to her seat, though she did not sit. Instead, she placed her hands daintly on the backrest and crossed her fingers. "A vampire for a wife is hardly him coming around, Sire." She told him, "Nor is building his own empire, bold or not. Their troubles may cause more trouble for you." She gave a light sigh and moved away from the chair again, "Alas, I have been elsewhere these last years. Of my own choosing, mind you, but elsewhere nonetheless. I tire of modern life, so I like to return to a simpler time and a place where etiquette and manners have not yet been so badly diluted.".....

"Yes the modern world has no etiqutte or manners. Nor do the humans these days know how to respect those better then them. But soon enough they will be bowing and scrapping before us." He would continue his work from England. The Hunters were no longer a valid threat and he would get what he needed. "I want you to go to America and gain Anubis' and his wife's trust. Stay close to them and find out all you can about all of them. See if there is a weak point, a way to get to them."

The woman lifted that eyebrow again and stared openly at Cain. "The only weak point in that family, Sire, is you." She told him flatly, "How many spies have you sent to follow them and not returned." She turned away from him and moved to the door. "Thus far, every attempt made on them has failed. How exactly do you propose I succeed, pray tell?"....

He chuckled. "Be your sweet self my dear Alecia. I will help get you in by having some hired thugs chase you to them. I don't think Anubis would pass up the chance to have another like him join his little group."

She couldn't help but laugh at this and shake her dainty head. "Hired thugs? Are you truly serious?" She moved back towards him a few steps and the laughter faded, "Were I to be chased into his arms by mere thugs, it would make me look weak. As you well know, dear Sire, I am anything but weak and Anubis, as distracted as he may be, will also know that. I will appear to him as I appeared to you all those years ago. The best lies are those that are actually true, don't you agree?" She laughed again and turned away from him boldly, "And keep your disgusting 'thugs' away from me. I may be inclined to do something you'll regret later."....

"Well they I will leave it up to you on how to gain entrance to his sanctuary." Cain grinned. He did not really blame Anubis for his fall, even though it came to light that it had been him that had made it possible for the humans to overthrow his Empire in Egypt. It had been McKenzie and Dante that had been the ones that had ruined everything. But now he knew that Dante was more like them thenhuman and that McKenzie was now Casha. She was the reincarnated Akasha and now he could see that and she was one of them now. "You will find a plane waiting for you at the airport." he told her.

She nodded at him in return and then made for the door, but she hesitated briefly as her lace gloved hand touched the brass. "Am I to be remunerated for this service?" She asked...

He chuckled again. "How does a castle in Scotland, with a title sound to you?"

"Which one?".....

"A baroness of Schotland. The castle is in the highlands." he told her.

"I will consider it." She told him, "Unless you can think of something I might consider more." She pulled the door open and made to leave, wondering if he'd rise to the bait...

"OH? And what would you consider just reward." he asked her.

Half turning her head towards him with her hand still on the door handle, she offered him that raised eyebrow yet again, "I'm sure you can think of something." She told him and all but floated from the room. Outside, the servants stopped to regard her, feeling fear strike them at the way she spoke to their master. They had seen him strike down people for far less than she had done and yet, she simply walked away as though he meant nothing....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Cain shugged his shoulders and made his way back to his study. Alecia had been a fling back then. Even as a human she had been something and had all sorts of men falling over themselves trying to seduce her. Cain had tantilized her it seemed. He had not acted like all the others, he mostly ignored her and that had seemed to fustrate her and intrigue her. He had counted on it and lead her on a merry chase so to speak. He had the patience back then for such things.

He gave her what no other could, immortality, eternal beauty and the begening of a life fit for a queen. With him she traveled a lot, all over the world, which for most were imposible. But Cain was not in the mood to settle down and he had an agenda he had been working on. He knew she would not let him down. He had a feeling she still harbored feelings for him and would do what it took to please him, even though she would not make it look that way.

He began looking at the photos that had been sent. Anubis' child was indeed handsome for a newborn. He had proven that vampires like himself could have children. There fore if Cain wished he to could make a female vampire like himself pregnant if he wished. A true line of pure bloods could be made to rule over humanity. It put a whole new light on what he had planed. He already had a few new "Children" in government positions, that one day might lead to the leadership of countries. Anubis' little underground society and human puppets paled in comparison with his plans.

A quick call to the pilot of the plane, "She is on her way. See to her comfort and needs." his voice was stern and full of "Or else" tone. The pilot would ensure she had a live meal on board. The body would be ejected over the ocean and would never be found.

Back in California, the man with the camera disappeared into the city. It seemed he had ways of destroying his scented trail and soon the lycans lost it all together. Anubis was not to happy about that news. Nor did Abfret. "I knew I should have went after him myself." he told Dante and Kat. He would not have gotten far." But he had not wanted to leave his newly aquired family's first get together. He had thought that the lycans would have been able to track and bring back the intruder.

"I hope you don't mind." he was very polite to Kat, "But I would like to have one of my hell hounds about to protect the kittens. It is up to you though if you wish it or not."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Kat looked to Casha first for affirmation before she eventually agreed with her so called 'Uncle' and soon enough, the hound was called forth. Garret was not best pleased about this, but Kat wasn't his duty, Casha was.

After a while longer, the gathering parted ways. The staff went back to work and Casha returned to her bed with Gabriel to feed him and then get some rest. A warm decanter was left for Casha, but also some sweet meats and pastries and a bowl of fresh exotic fruit. Casha emptied the fruit bowl and most of the sweet meats, but she only had half a glass of the blood and left most of it in the glass. Instead, she all but emptied a jug of fruit juice and then ordered a pot of hot tea.

She enjoyed the peace and rest for a good few hours before she heard an all too familiar disturbance. Gabe was doing his rounds and had come to check on her before he retired for the night. He looked tired and somewhat grey, but Casha knew what all that was about. She had seen it before in men who's wives of girlfriends were pregnant. Everything the woman suffered during those first months, her partner also suffered. She didn't feel sorry for him, not one bit, but she did sympathise his efforts to keep up his standard of work and duty of care to the family.

"Take a seat Gabe, before you fall over." She told him firmly and he didn't argue. "Help yourself to some tea, it'll help soothe your stomach a bit." He did so and nodded his thanks.
"A big day then." He offered eventually as he sipped the tea. "I'm glad Garret was with you though."
Casha nodded and smiled, "He's faithful, I'll give him that." She replied, "And I think the others will start easing off on the jokes now they know how much I care for him."
Gabe looked up slightly and lifted an eyebrow, "You wanna be careful there, C." He told her, "Not everyone might be as understanding as me, or Dante, ya know."
"I know." She said to him as she turned Gabriel in her arm slightly and leaned back, "We had that discussion a long time ago, Garret and I, and we were both on the same page from the beginning. He knows my care for him is in friendship and trust only and so is his care for me. Anubis has nothing to worry about and he knows it. Besides, anyone who even attempted to say otherwise would find themselves in a very sticky spot." She looked at her friend carefully and then smiled when he nodded in agreement. "Anyway, he's got some major kudos with the other lycans now. They all know I wouldn't touch them like that if it meant my life."
Gabe nodded again and finished his tea. "Well, to his credit, Boss, his nose was right on the money. Steve and his troupe lost the intruder's scent and he was right about him not being human. They're certain he was a vampire of some sort, probably a third or fourth generation. Not as powerful as Anubis or you, but definitely up there."
Casha nodded as she looked down at her son now asleep in her arms. She moved from her rocking chair and placed him tenderly in his basket. She put his blanket up to his middle and then placed a tiny stuffed bear near his hand for company before moving to Gabe. "Send Steve in." She asked, "I want to know the scent for myself in case he comes back." This disturbed Gabe a little as he was still fighting with the vampiric version of his best friend. "And it'll give me a better idea of where he came from. I've been refining my skills lately. Like I know when you're coming long before you knock on my door just by the rhythm of your heart and the smell of your sweat before it's seeped through your skin. I know where Kat is just bythe sound of her fur brushing against her clothes. I know every servant by their smell and movement. It's comforting." Gabe stepped back somewhat and stared at her oddly. Sure, she'd always had a knack of knowing someone by their smell of brand of aftershave, or even the sound of their boots, but this was way beyond his understanding now and he simply nodded before leaving the room.

Steve arrived a few minutes later and creapt into the room with his head low and his hands at his front. "You called for me, my Queen?" he asked with deep respect.
Casha regarded him for a short while and then sat back in her rocking chair. "Yes, Steven, I did." She replied, "The intruder Garret found. You lost his scent."
Steve nodded, thinking he was in deep shit by this point, "It was unavoidable, my Queen. I don't know how he managed it, but he covered his tracks with great care. I still have a contingent out there looking for him. The Chief told them not to come back until they found him."
Casha gave a slight nod, "They won't find him." She said openly, "We vampires have this neat trick where we can simply disappear. Don't worry, you're not up the creek yet, but I brought you here to ask you something."
Steve lowered his head further, hiding the smile her comment brought to his lips. "Anything, my Queen." He said.
"During your hunt, did you get any of his scent on you?"
"Pardon?"
Casha faced the man finally, meeting his downward gaze squarely. "Did you pick up any of his smell? It's an easy question, Steven."
The man's lips flapped a few times before he actually sniffed at himself and then nodded, "It would appear so, my Queen. May I ask?..."
"Come to me." She ordered. The man shot forward and got to his knees. "Hold still." He never moved a muscle. Casha leaned forward, inadvertantly giving the man a great view down her dress, but he shut his eyes tight, not daring to look. She hovered over him for a moment, taking a few deep breaths and then several shorter ones. "Your sweat has diluted it." She told him disappointedly.
Steve visibly shuddered, "Forgive me, my Queen?"
Casha remained as she was for a while longer, trying to seperate the different smells on him. The one she wanted was very weak, but it was definitely there and eventually, she pulled back and waved her hand at him. "You can stop being nervous now." She said, "I have what I need. You can go." Steve nodded in response and left as quickly as possible.

Casha then sat back to consider the scent, memorizing it for future reference. Something about it was familiar, but she couldn't quite place it yet. It was a mystery and she loved a good mystery. Eventually, with Gabriel sleeping peacefully in his basket, she drifted into a light sleep in her chair to wait for Anubis.

Gabe returned to his room after he watched Steve leave Casha in a real hurry. Obviously she'd done something that had terrified the lycan beyond reason. He couldn't have got down those stairs any faster if he'd thrown himself off the landing! He found Marla coming out of the bathroom and smiled lovingly. "Finally." He breathed, "Some sense of normality." He moved up to her and hugged her tenderly.

Kat returned to her rooms and had put the kittens to bed. Their big day had exhausted them and for the first time ever, they curled up in their basket to sleep without any fuss. With a hound on guard by the nursery, she made it to the bed and flopped onto it while a servant battled to remove the feline's clothing. "Just leave me be." She ordered politely, but firmly, "I'm sure I can fend for myself for one night." The servant left with a nod and Kat pulled off her clothes before crawling under the sheets. She didn't wait for Dante; she wanted to sleep......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 am

The female hell hound lay by the cribs of the kittens, her tail moving back and forth slowly. Abfret returned to his shadow world and moved about it to the place where the lycans had lost the scent of the intruder. He was not satisfied that they had lost the scent and that who ever it was that had been near the mansion had got away.

He had the ability to shift time to a certain degree. A quirk of coming to the Earth from his own world. He had seldom used it though as there had been ntothing really he needed it for. But tonight he had a need. He entered the normal world and stood very still as he gathered his thoughts and then let the power flow from him. The world shimmered and seemed to flow in reverse. Time was not flowing backwards, but he was. When he stopped he was standing in the same spot and he looked around. He slowly backed up into the shadows of the allyway and watched the people passing by.

He saw a man, well a vampire in the light of day moving into the ally and past him. "Well now." he thought to himself. One that can stand the sunlight is rare indeed. But this one did not seem to be as old as Anubis. In fact he only seemed to have been turned only with in the last few years. "Now this is very interesting." he thought to himself. He followed the vampire and then saw him take out a small vial of powder and open it. Dumping it in the palm of his hand he blew it into the air so it scattered everywhere. He then opened a door that lead into a building and Abfret followed.

He saw the camera that the vampire carried and raised a brow. He wanted to see what this vampire was up to and try to find out why he had been spying on Anubis and the family. Being a vampire, he wondered why he was not a part of Anubis' people. And why was he so like Anubis in the manner of being able to move about in daylight? He followed the vampire over the roof tops and to another building in the city. A loft apartment. Here Abfret went back into the shadows and watched from the shadows of the apartment. Everywhere was camera equipment, full blown photos of various people and places adorned the walls. He watched as the vampire downloaded the pictures from his camera to a computer and the images that had been captured.

Back at the mansion, Dante finally made it to bed after checking in on the kittens and seeing the hell hound laying on the rug before the cribs. He pitted the poor fool that would try to disturb the kittens or try to kidnap them or try to harm them. All four were sound asleep and they had been no problem putting them in their cribs. The garden was just the place for them to play and expend their energy. He finally slipped into the bed and drapped an arm over Kat and snuggled up to her back.

Anubis also found his way to the bedroom. He leaned down and kissed Casha's fore head. "Come my love, you will be more comfortable in bed. He was troubled though. But he didn't want Casha to know it. The intruder was said to have been a vampire, but he was not like those of the day, that could only come out after the sun had went down. To be able to stand sunlight, the intruder had to have been created by one like himself or one only a few times removed. But according to Frenchy all those like him had been eliminated by the Hunters. So where did he come from? Had the Watchers missed something. Had someone slipped past them over the years?

Only one other could have possibly done it and he was now dead. Had Cain created this one and if so, had he created more children? Then there was the question. What did this one want. Why had he not come forward to present himself to Anubis. Anubis suddenly had a chill run down his back. This did not bode well with him. He had a gut feeling that more trouble lay ahead.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Unknown to Anubis, Casha's thoughts ran a very similar line to his own. A vampire running around in the day that wasn't either on her husband's payroll nor part of his growing family, was a problem. Gabe had told her already that he was possibly third or fourth generation. As far as she knew, Anubis had only created lycans since his awakening and the Order had hunted down and killed all but a minute few of Cain's first creations. Could it have been one of them? It was highly unlikely. Cain had been reknowned for being very picky about who he turned and lurking around in the shadows of someone's garden wasn't his style. Besides, the old King was dead, so why would one of his creations now hide from the only haven available to him? So many other thoughts ran through her mind along with this. Thoughts that disturbed her even more.

What if this intruder was one of Cain's? What if he were there to plan his revenge against them for his master's death? According to Garret, he'd been there a while already before the winds changed, thus giving him ample time to plan his attack with great detail. This vampire would be very smart, very cunning; Cain wouldn't have chosen him otherwise. He wouldn't leave anything to chance and he would be meticulous. His actions after his discovery were proof of that. This vampire was dedicated, precise, methodical and dangerous, very dangerous. The more Casha thought about him, the more she began to see her human life involved with him. She had been a hunter, a meticulous and deadly planner who took nothing at face value and obsessed over detail to leave nothing to chance. This intruder was her only a few short years ago. as that thought circulated further through her already troubled mind, it woke her sharply and she sat up.

At first, she wasn't entirely sure where she was. Hadn't she fallen asleep in her chair near Gabriel's basket? She had woken in her bed! Anubis gave a gentle snoring sound as she felt him turn over. Her movement had disturbed him somehow. Carefully, she looked over at Gabriel to check he was still sleeping and then laid back down. Laying on her back, she stared at the vast canopy of the bed, picking out the intricate pattern and following it to the outer edge of the expensive wood. It calmed her mind a little and she began to think more clearly.

This new vampire, this strange intruder that hadn't actually crossed the wall, wasn't any lost child of Cain. This one had a plan, but his lingering told her it wasn't his plan. He had been sent to do something, to observe something for someone else. A third party she hadn't considered yet. Casha closed her eyes as she ran through a mental list of anyone and everyone connected with Cain, including herself and her husband. The list quickly shortened to just a few names, but it couldn't have been possible. Lucian was dead, as were Ibis and Horus, Anubis' brothers. That only left their father, but he was dead too. It was a condundrum that would keep Casha awake for many more hours that night.....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Abfret stayed a while watching the vampire and when he was out of the room looked at the pictures he had taken of Anubis and the others. When he was done he reentered the shadow world and returned to the mansion. When he did get back and and time had caught back up to him, Anubis and Casha were in bed and asleep as was Dante and Kat, and evidently Gabe and Marla. He would have to wait till morning to let them know what he had found.

"What do you mean there is no record of a vampire like the one I am talking about. " Frenchy demanded to know. "Thats right another vampire like Anubis. One that can move about in the light of day." he tapped a finger repeatedly on the table. "No I am sure it was a vampire." French was getting a little exsasperated from the lack of knowledge on this vampire. Every vampire had been recorded throughout history and who created them and who they created. They had the dates, and what they did and how they died. But some how this one had never been seen and his creator was not known. Cain had been observed for a long time as well and there had been none that he created. That Frenchy was sure of, and Anubis, had not created any other vampires like himself, just lycans.

Those like Anubis had all been killed off and those that they had created had also been eliminated by the Hunters. "Go back through Cains history. Look into every thing." French told the man on the other end of the phone. "Some where there has to be something." he closed the cell phone and placed it on the table. "Very disturbing, very disturbing." he muttered. Only Cain or Anubis could have created one like the vampire that had been watching. Anubis would have said something if it had been one he had created. That left only Cain and he was dead so there was no way of finding out that way. But if Cain had created this one, had he created others? And how did they not get noticed by his order.

Nicholas had showered and emerged from the bathroom a towel wrapped around his waist. He returned to the laptop to arranged the pictures he was going to send to the media as he had been instructed by Cain. Cain wanted Anubis exposed and all those with him. He was wanting to drive Anubis back to him and to be part of his plan once again. But when he went to the file, they were not there. He hooked up his camera to the computer to try and down load them again but the memory chip was blank. His eyes went wide and he looked around the place. Nothing was out of place, no one was about. He had heard nothing and his hearing was now keen and even being in the shower he would have heard someone moving about the place.

Then the phone rang and Cain's voice came over the speaker. "She is on her way." and then the line went dead. "Great. Now she is coming and I have lost all the photos." a low growl issued from his throat. He was not really wanting to meet his maker. They had not parted ways in a real good manner. She had turned him a number of years back, perhaps fifty or so, he could not remember. She had kept him out of the general public for over a year as she had said Cain had done with her. No one, not even the hunters knew about her or him or the others that he had been told about. Cain seemed to want to make sure that his new children and their children would not be known to the hunters.

Now she would be there probably on a private jet and he would have to greet her and prepare a place for her. Not to mention follow her orders.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:21 am

Alecia's plane landed on a private runway at LAX and was quickly taken to one side so as not to be disturbed. It then sat in a private hanger for over an hour while she decided what to do. Eventually, she emerged with her entourage of security and made her way through the airport in silence. Whispered erupted from almost every corner as people watched the woman pass them. Her dress and stature had captured everyone's attention. It made her smile somewhat at the confusion and discourse she was causing these lower beings. Customs let her through without so much as a word and she entered a long limo at the front door. The driver lowered the window and looked back towards her through his rear view mirror. "Where will it be, Ma'am?" he asked politely.
Alecia considered this for a moment, "Vance Manor." She said eventually.
The driver lifted an eyebrow, "Would you like me to phone ahead for you?" He asked. "Mr. Vance doesn't accept visitors without prior notice."
Alecia shook her head, "No." She replied, then flicked her fingers at him in dismissal. The window shut smoothly and the limo pulled out into the traffic. She would reach the manor just after breakfast and catch them all on the hoof.

Casha was up early and sat in the kitchen in her usual spot with a pot of coffee and some cereal. Gabriel suckled comfortably at her as she sipped her coffee. The cereal bowl was empty save for a few scraps and left over milk. Gabe sat across from her with a distant grin on his face as he watched Casha and Gabriel.
"Motherhood suits you." He told her proudly as he looked her up and down and then put his coffee mug down. He then smiled and leaned forward on his elbows a little. "Anubis is one lucky guy. If it weren't for Marla, I'd be jealous as hell."
Casha smiled as she too put her mug down and adjusted Gabriel slightly. She detatched him carefully from her breast and then lifted the soft silk to her shoulder before she turned him around and repeat the process backward. She had never hidden anything from him and neither cared. "It doesn't seem that long ago, you were." She replied smoothly, smiling back at him.
Gabe nodded honestly, "I admit it." He told her, "I wouldn't have said no to you, that's for sure."
Casha laughed, "True." She told him, "But you and I both know, it would never happen."
Gabe nodded again as he drank back the last of his coffee, "Yeh, I know." He said, then put his mug back and stared openly at Gabriel at her breast. "Besides, Marla would kill me." He gave a slight chortle and suddenly hopped off his stool. He moved around and openly took Casha into his arms. Putting his hand tenderly behind her head, he kissed her cheek. "And I know he makes you happy." He whispered. The pair stayed that way a while before he let go and gently touched Gabriel's forehead with his thumb. "And as for you, mini-me." He offered to the infant as he then leaned down and kissed the crown of his tiny head. "Give them hell." Casha laughed quietly and shook her head at the way Gabe acted, but then simply smiled as he stood up straight again.
"You'll make a wonderful father." She told him honestly, "And Marla couldn't find a better match in you. You deserve each other." She kissed his cheek in return, but the quiet moment between these life long friends was shattered quickly when Kat came bouncing down the stairs with her nursemaids following behind..
"What's for breakfast?" The feline asked cheerfully.
"A quiet conversation that you've just butchered." Gabe replied a little sharply.
"Well, look who fell out of his tree on the wrong side this morning." She offered in sarcasm. The look Gabe gave her could have curdled milk. "Pardon me, then!" She snapped and scooted towards the coffee pot.
"Breakfast is self serving this morning." Casha offered as she sat back on her own stool to finish her coffee.
Kat smiled and poured herself a large mug before taking her usual spot, perched on the edge of the counter. Her nursemaids prepared the kittens' breakfast and then took them into the rumpus room. Kat grinned as she looked at Gabe, then Casha. "A quiet moment then between you, hmm?" She prodded.
Casha cocked half a smile and shook her head, "Yes, Kat, a quiet moment between me and my best friend. Call it bonding, if you like."
"Whatever." The feline sighed as she let her tail lay flat right over Gabe's coffee mug. The man snatched his mug away and then coughed as he then poured the liquid away. Kat simply laughed and then smiled impishly at him.
"I'm gonna go wake Marla." He snapped and then walked away.

Casha gave a slight sigh and shook her head at her friend, "You really shouldn't tease him, you know." She warned, "You'll spark his temper."
Kat shrugged her shoulders and drank her coffee, "He'll get over it." She chirped and then scooted across towards Casha. "So, what's on the agenda for today?"
Casha shrugged her shoulders and shook her head, "Not a whole lot." she replied, "I might take things easy today and relax. Maybe watch a little day time TV?" She cocked her head to one side, "I might even venture into the library and see what books I can...." Her brow furrowed quickly and she sniffed up.
Kat jumped down and held her hands up, "Not me, I swear!" He said quickly.
Casha shook her head, "No." she said, "Not you, silly feline." She followed her nose to the front of the house and looked out through an open window. A long black limo with the windows rolled down had arrived at the gate. "Fetch Anubis!" She said, "Quickly!" Kat disappeared and ran up the stairs two at a time.

Arriving in the bedroom, Kat gave no thought to her adopted brother and simply lept onto the bed. "Anubis!" She yelled, shaking him quite roughly, "Wake up! Someone's here!"
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 am

When Kat rose and took the little ones down stairs with the nursemaides, he languished in bed a bit. But that was not for long as Abfret appeared out of the shadows scaring the hell out of him. "Damn, I wish you would give a little warning before you just suddenly appear like that.!" he shook his head and sat up in the bed.

"Get dressed." Abfret told him. "We are going to pay a visit to our visitor yesterday. At that Dante was out of bed and thowing on his clothes. He then reached into the closet and removed the Demon Slayer sword, and slipped it onto his back. Abfret eyed the weapon a low hiss coming from his lips.

"Yeah I know what it is." Dante told him. "Good thing you are family." he grinned and placed a hand on Abfret's arm. "You are going to have to teach me how to do this with out you." he continued. It would be of great use in his normal job, should he return to it. Locked doors would never be a problem again. Nor alot of security systems. Let the alarms go off, he would be gone in the blink of an eye, and the police would be scratching their heads on how someone got in with all the doors locked, and no sign of picked locks or anything.

They were at Nicholas place in a matter of moments. Nicholas was sitting at his kitchen bar drinking some coffee when the two just suddenly appeared. He leaped from the barstool, fangs extended a snarl on his face. "Looks like he doesn't like visitors." Abfret chcukled.

Dante looked at the vampire and crossed his arms over his chest. "Well one turn deserves another. You invaded our privacy, now we are invading yours. What was your business at the mansion yesterday. Abfret here says you took pictures of everyone there. Why?"

Nicholas eyed Dante and Abfret. He also eyed the blade straped to Dante's back. He knew what the blade could do and he also knew Dante was not human, nor vampire but a mix of both. That he had the strength and agility of a vampire as well as the healing and immortality but not the weaknesses. He was cautious as he put the bar between him and them. "I am a ...... what some would call the paparitizi. I make a living out of taking pictures of famous people and selling them." he then had a question for them. "How the hell did you get in here like that?"

Dante grinned. "We have our ways. Family secret." he said. "So you take pictures for a living, and you are a vampire as well, but not an ordinary one. Who created you?"

Back at the mansion Anubis was out of bed and in a defencive crouch when Kat had suddenly jumped on the bed and called out his name. When he saw it was Kat he relaxed and then it registered what she had said. From the tone of her voice, it seemed that something was wrong. So he quickly dressed and was at the front door before Kat had got off the bed.

He went out side as the Black Limo pulled up and the driver got out and opened the door to revel the occupant. Vampire, he could sencse immediately. But not your ordinary one. She was like him, but not as old. "Who are you and what do you wish here?" he asked before she even got out of the limo.

Marla had been getting dressed when she heard the commotion and had thrown on sthe clothes, a black shirt and pair of pants and quickly pulled on some knee high boots. She grabbed her guns as she ran down stairs and out onto the front porch.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:47 am

Alecia took her time getting out of the limo. Her left hand emerged, shrouded in white lace as she waited for the driver to help her out of the car. He did so and she emerged gracefully. She was dressed in a deep purple full gown with white lace trim and a matching dark purple hat with a white veil around the rim. Over her right wrist, a parasol swung gently before she lifted it and popped it open. She looked every inch the Victorian Lady once again. Moving across the gravel towards Anubis, she raised the edge of her parasol and looked up. She had no choice, the man was that tall. She took her time once again in speaking.

After taking in the panoramic view of this huge house, her cold green eyes went back to Anubis. "Is that any way to welcome your kin?" She asked at first, but his responding silence said he wasn't impressed, at least, thats the way she saw it. "Fair enough." She tilted her chin upwards slightly. "Alecia Constance Latimer." She gave a slight curtsie. "And you must be Anubis of the Nile. A pleasure."

Inside, Casha watched the event unfold with great trepidation. This woman looked like she belonged in a museum more than modern LA, but a quick look in the mirror put her mind back in order. She looked like she belonged in ancient Egypt! But this woman disturbed her greatly. She had a similar scent on her that the intruder had. They were related and that meant trouble. Gabriel, sensing this, began to fuss and cry a little so Casha moved away from the window and towards a nursemaid. She handed him over tenderly and smiled to the ageing woman now holding her son. "Would you take him upstairs for me please, Mason?" She asked the other woman politely. "He's tired and we have guests." The woman named Mason nodded and smiled back and soon scooted away with the infant. Casha straightened her soft pink silk robes and then smoothed her hair back over her shoulders.

Alecia regarded Anubis for a moment longer before looking to a large open window. She spotted Casha and lifted her chin a little higher. The rmours of the Queen's beauty did her no justice. "Your lady wife is truly a vision." She offered in compliment. "The whispers do her no justice at all. I am jealous."......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Anubis watched the woman emerge from the limo. Her attire reminded him of a time he had lived in Victorian England. Now that had been a very interesting time. When she gave her name, he did not recgonize it. When she called herself Kin, he knew that she was a creation of Cain. He looked her up and down. Yes she was like him, but yet there was something missing. Something that Akasha, him and the others had but she did not. He could not exactly place what it was, but there was a difference. "Kin Perhaps but not Family." Why had not Cain told him about her and what other secrets had he kept from him when they had finally hooked up again some years ago. "What do you wish here?" he asked and then turned to look at the window she had been looking at. A slight smile touched his lips as she complemented Casha on her beauty. Well the new commer was right about that.

"We shall see." She told him, then turned her parasol slightly to shade her face, "Are you going to invite me in, or are we to discuss kinship on the doorstoop, hmm? Very uncivilised, you know." And with that, she simply walked past him and made for the door. "I hope you have some decent tea. Americans are good for many things, but their tea leaves much to be desired, don't you think?" She moved up the steps as though she was gliding on ice. The movement was very similar to Casha, disturbingly so....

Anubis raised a brow at her actions. She seemed to make herself right at home with out even being invited in. He turned and followed her back inside. He looked over at Casha and then to a servent. "Tea, English." he told her and the woman immediately headed to the kitchen. "So when did Cain give you the gift?" he asked her. "He mentioned nothing about you."

Alecia took her time in answering, wanting to have a good look at the grand room in which she had come. she then stood before Casha and gave a slight bow of her head. "My, you are her image, aren't you." She said with respect. Casha remained silent and lifted her chin. Alecia smiled again and turned about, swishing her mass of skirts around Casha's feet, to face Anubis. "There are many things you were never told." She said cryptically. "I just happen to be one of them. I forget how long ago it was, but I've survived four wars, spanish flu and the invention of modern living, so I imagine it's been quite a while." She then began to wander around the room, taking mental notes of where every guard stood, including a rather large drooling mass close to Casha (Garret).....

"Evidently." he said. At that moment French showed up. "Oh I beg your pardon sir. I heard we had a guest. A special Guest." he looked at Alecia and his eyes widened. "Another one? Oh my." Anubis chuckled. "This is Frenchy. He belongs to an order of scribes that has evidently been keeping an eye on every vampire that has ever been created. You will have to excuse his mannerisms, he gets excited when ever something new happens or like you." he turned to Frenchy, "This is Alecia Constance Latimer, evidently a creation of Cain." Frenchy immediately scribbled things down on a note pad and smiled at Alecia. "A pleasure my lady." he gave her a bow from the waist. "If I might be so bold to ask, if perhaps if you have time, we could talk and you could tell me about yourself?" he gave her a big smile.

Alecia lifted an eyebrow at he intrusion and when told the mans name and profession, she visibly wrinkled her nose at him. "I don't think so." She said flatly and turned her head away from him. Clearly, she thought this man unworthy of her time or attention. It was typical behaviour of Victorian Ladies at the time. All the while, Casha had been deep in thought, studying this woman and trying to figure out who she was exactly and where she had come from. The last name sounded a little familiar, but she wasn't sure just yet and so remained silent. Alecia on the other hand, turned to face Anubis with a polite, if slightly sarcastic, smile. "I'll take that tea now, if you don't mind? It's been a long journey.".....

Anubis looked over at Casha. He was waiting for her to wring the neck of Alecia. She acted as if she was better then everyone else including him. He did not like how she acted towards Frenchy. He was human yes but he had managed to become part of the family as it was. He was likeable and had the means of getting information that was valuable to him about abnormals, which he freely gave. "What if I did mind." he asked her, moving infront of her. "You come here as if you own the place and have the right to demand what ever you want." his eyes turned a red color as anger began to well up in him. He got up into her face so to speak as he had to look down at her. The look on his face was not to friendly as well.

In return, Alecia's eyes began to glow white and she slowly stood up. The air in the room suddenly turned decidedly cold and she faced him proudly, "Then you and I have a problem." She said firmly. The air grew colder and colder as ice began to form on the windows. As it did so, it began to reflect all the light, leaving no shadow for any help to come from Dante or Abfret and no escape for Casha.....

There was an audioble click as a round was chambered in Marla's gun. A growl from Garret as he took a step forward and then the other guards in the room changed into their lycan forms and made a circle around Alecia. Anubis' hand was upon the throat of Alecia in a flash and squeezing very hard cutting off any air to her lungs. Yes they were vampires but they were not dead things that did not breath. They had to have air to survive as well. "I do not like those that think they are better then I, that are smug like you act." he lifted her off the ground. She was did not weigh much. "Perhaps I should feed you to my lycans."

Alecia did well to hold her composure against the tight grip of Anubis' fist. "You'd be suprised how long I can hold my breath." She mouthed to him, "And you'd be disturbed to see what I can do to lycans, so you can either let me go, or lose most of your ranks trying to kill me. The choice is your's." Casha, from her spot, watched the woman mouth the words and felt a chill of something close to actual fear slide down her spine. Slowly, she stepped forward and put one hand up to Marla, the other down to Garret. "That's enough." She said firmly, but softly. "Anubis." She moved to him and put a tender hand on his shoulder, "Put her down. I won't have blood shed in my home today, please?".....

Anubis tightened his grip on her throat. If Casha had not spoken or put a hand on his shoulder, he would have ripped her throat out. He lowered her to the floor and released her. "Then your business here is done." he said with a snarl. "You may have been created by Cain, but you are no Kin."

Alecia stretched her neck a little and then regained her stiff composure. "I wasn't just created by Cain." She told him formally, "I was chosen specifically, as were many of our kin. Were he here, he would no doubt find this event rather amusing, I think." Her eyes then turned to Casha. "And you." she said with reverence, but just a hint of sarcasm, "The greatest hunter ever born, turned into a vampire and then pushed into his life. Anubis must have been truly stricken by you, MacKensie." At this, Casha finally made her play. She stepped forward and levelled her eyes with the other woman. "I know who you are." She said quietly, "I know where you came from and I know how you play, Lady Latimer. You can try all you wish to make myself and my King question things, but you will fail. Do you understand? You are in MY home, in MY land and while still in MY presence, you ill show the proper respect and care, or I will kill you myself. Do not doubt for a second, my ability to destroy you and do not doubt my resolve. And I may remind you, I was never pushed into Anubis' bed. I went willingly of my own accord, as I have done every night since. And I was not turned. I made a choice, of my own volition, to take my place at my King's side, so be very careful your next statement, my Lady." The slight lie was flawless and perfect and her presence gave nothing away. Alecia dropped her chin at this point, silently conceeding and she stepped back with a slight bow.....

Anubis moved to the front doors and flung them open, letting in the warm breeze. He then turned and lookd at Alecia. She had mentioned others. That did not bode well. If there were others that Cain had created, then why had they not come forth. None knew his part in what had happened back in New York. Even Dante's part in killing Cain was only known to the hunters. So why had they not come forward to anounce themselves. Why had Alecia come to his home now. He did not like it. He stood by the door waiting.

Alecia stood with a little more respect now and carefully moved away from Casha. It had been made clear that she was more disturbed, even frightened by the Queen than she ever would have been of Anubis. Cain had not told her this at all and she was not used to being so far on the back foot. Anubis was no longer the main threat, it was Casha. Casha took a step back then and turned away to look out of the window once more. The ice faded quickly as the room was flooded with warm air. Alecia blinked a few times at the tattoo covering Casha's back, noting the intricate patter that must have taken weeks. "It is not often I meet someone who actually knows about me." She offered openly, "Pray tell, how do you know?" Casha didn't turn around, instead, closed her eyes. "Lady Alecia Constance Latimer went missing in the 18th from her home in Durham. Her father was a chief advisor to Queen Victoria and her mother, a regular at the royal court. Alecia was said to have been taken from her bed in the middle of the night by a man wanting revenge on her father. He was hanged for it, but the girl was never found. She was considered dead after the approriate time and all but forgotten save for an impossibe sighting during King Edward's reign." Alecia stood with her mouth almost hanging open. "I suspect the man that took you was Cain, though according to records, he was leapfrogging." She half turned to the other woman, "Sleeping for a few centuries. Clearly, those records were incorrect. However, seeing that Cain is now dead, I'm curious as to why you still stink of him. You must have been rolling around in his clothes or his bed..." Alecia quickly lifted her chin, "How dare you!" She cried, "Cain and I share a little fun now and then, but we do not share each other's bed!" Casha instantly spun on her heel, eyes wide. "Pardon me?" Had this woman just spoken of her master in the present tense?....

Anubis' head snapped up at the comment. It was impossible. He could not be alive. He looked over at Frenchy with a look and the man was off to the communications room to get ahold of his order to find out things. They had their pulse on things and knew more of where abnormals were. He then strode back to Alecia taking in a deep breath. Yes she reaked of Cains Scent. That could not be unless she had been in contact with him. Again that was impossible because he was dead. He had seen Dante kill him with the Demon Slayer.

Casha did not share Anubis' suprise now. In fact, as odd as it may have sounded in her head, it made perfect sense. As Frenchy disappeared, she nodded to a guard to approach. He did. "Follow Frenchy down." She said quietly, "And tell him to concentrate his search in England. Check all the seudonyms that Cain used and see what comes up, even the slightest detail." The guard nodded and left quickly. "Lady Latimer." She said, finally turning to face the other woman. "Your visit here is done for today. You may leave." She then turned back to the window. "When you find the relative that we discovered lurking beyond my garden wall, tell him I would like to meet him very soon. Good day to you." Alecia could only stand and stare at the queen in utter shock. It only served to cement the truth that Cain had badly underestimated Casha in all ways and such, so had she. Without a word, she left the house....

Anubis watched the interaction between Casha and Alecia. Casha laid into Alecia in a way that made her devulge vital information that she would never have. So Cain was not dead, but alive. Somehow he had survived the Demon Slayer blade of Dante. They would probably have to rectify that. This time removing his head to ensure that he was dead and stayed that way. Because of Cain, Akasha had died in the first place. He had been fortunate that her soul strived to find its way back to him. He was not about to lose his wife again. Once Alecia had left he called Gabe in to have him change up the Guards. He was not about to have unwanted guests sneaking around. Even the smallest change would throw everything out of context should Alecia have been taking notes on such things.

With those like Alecia loyal to Cain, it would be hard for him to know from afar who they would be. Only up close could he sense their true natures.

Back at the Loft Abfret and Dante continued to question Nicholas. He would not tell them his creator and he continued to make as if he was just looking for the money shots. Pictures of the children would have fetched a big price he told them, as they had not been seen in public. He didn't say anything about the pics of Kat and Dante's kids though. He tried to make it look as if he had not look at them when he had down loaded them from his camera. Dante really didn't believe him but now that he had no pictures he couldn't really contest that. A bit later the two of them left by the door and returned to the mansion to see that things were going a bit crazy. Guards were being doubled, people running all over the place. He found Casha and Anubis. "What is going on?"

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:10 am

Alecia left in a polite manner, and in silence, while Casha watched from the window. She wanted to make sure the other woman actually left. While Gabe was given new orders regarding the guards' rota, she stood in perfect silence as she considered the ramifications of what had just happened. The guard sent after Frenchy quickly handed over the information given to him and then left so the human could get to work. This event had now changed everything and it wasn't long before the entire house knew about it too. In an instant, Casha felt the emotion shift. Danger had returned once again to the house and everyone in it and Casha didn't like that. It had been only a week since Dante's unfortunate scrape with the Vatican and the bloodshed that she had caused in retrieving him. She had hoped that Gabriel's birth would mean some peace and tranquility for a while at least. She had wondered once why vampires used to have mental breaks and go completely nuts for a while. Now she felt she knew. There was no peace; no down time for a vampire. And certainly not for the likes of Anubis and her. A small pang of regret hit her gut now as she actually felt sorry for his dead brothers. Being hunted mercilessly and continuously, it was no wonder they finally gave up. They must have been exhausted! Finally, Casha turned away from the window to find Dante and Abfret returning, asking what was going on.

Casha took a deep breath and then blew it out. "We've just had a visit from one Lady Alecia Latimer." She told them, "She's told us that Cain is alive and well, and aparantly living the high life in England. I've got Frenchy checking all his old aliases to see if there's any connection. As it happens, Lady Latimer is Kin. Cain created her a few centuries ago, along with some others, it may seem. And she has some rather neats tricks up her starched sleeves, so it's time for me to expand my skill set a little further." With that, she left the men to talk further on their own while she made her way into the kitchen. Anubis would tell her later what Dante and his uncle discovered from Alecia's minion.

Once the car had left the mansion, the driver rolled down the dividing window and looked at his passenger in the mirror. "Where to, Ma'am?" He asked politely. Alecia gave him the address of Nicholas' loft and then waved her hand at him to have the window put back up. The further away from the house she got, the better she began to feel. Casha had deeply disturbed her and she really didn't like that. Cain had told her nothing of Casha. Akasha, certainly, she knew all about the ancient queen, but this new incarnation was far removed from the old story. The sheer knowledge of that woman was enough to put even the wisest minds on edge, but the power behind that mind was far more than she, or even Cain could have imagined. Whatever had been unleashed in that woman, she could only dream of.

The car moved further and further across the city and Alecia began to think of her next move. None of her usual tricks would work this time so she needed to create something new and unique. She would enlist Nicholas in that, of course, and she decided she would bring him to Casha as requested. It would be interesting to see what happened. Nicholas didn't mean much to her, so if the queen killed him, then it was no hardship on her. She didn't like the man all that much anyway and often referred to him as a mistake on her part. Still, he had his uses and she began to look forward to seeing what he had learned over the last few decades. Not to mention, she wanted a glimpse at the pictures he had taken before Cain got them.

The car arrived outside the lost and the driver got out to help her out of the back. She breezed past him and looked up at the hideous building. Shaking her head, she entered and made her way to the loft. With a wave of her gloved hand, the door swung wide open and she walked in with her head high. "Come out, come out, wherever you are!" She called to him. "I know you're here, Nicholas. I can smell your soap."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 am

Frenchy was on the phone again to his bretherin in Europe. Oh the furer that his message started. Cain alive and living in England, and the possibility of others out there like him that had been created in secret. With a couple hours word came back to him. Cain had used the Family name of Darnsworth in the past. The Baronship would be passed down from father to son. Cain had been able to make it look as if the old baron died and his son come and claim the title. He would have an old human in the later years portray the baron till he died, or was put out of his misery. He came back and gave the information to Anubis. Mean while Dante did not like the information he had gotten upon his return to the mansion. He had thought he had killed Cain. He looked at Kat and the kittens a worried look on his face. He had been insturmental in the destruction of Cain's operation and the rise of Anubis to his place.

At the loft Nicholas had been out on a balcony he had put in that over looked the streets below. He had seen the limo pull up and her get out. The way she blew past the driver, made him remember why he had broken away from her. She was to demanding and wanted everything her way. She rubbed everyone the wrong way. He had been told about her by Cain some time after he had been turned. Of how she had a lot of suiters when she had been human and how it seemed to go to her head. Of how he had played his own game with her and had snared her. "I am out here he called back into the loft. In his hand he had a glass of wine. He still loved the taste of real food.

Alecia moved through the loft and out onto the balcony where she quickly popped up her parasol. His appearance did nothing to remind her of why exactly she still allowed him the privilage of breathing. No shirt, his jeans half undone and his hair all askew. "You could have made some effort, Nicholas." She told him flatly...

He turned and lookd at her "Why? You deserve no special treatment." he told her and moved back into the loft and poured another glass of wine as he looked at a blown up picture of a very beautiful woman. "Just because Cain sent you here does not mean I have to follow what you want. He is the one I answer to now."

Alecia lifted an eyebrow and then followed him into the room. She put her parasol down again and leaned it against the end of a long sofa. She then removed her hat, placing it tenderly on the coffee table with the pin stuck precariously in the side of it. "You wouldn't be answering to anyone if ti weren't for me, Nicholas." She told him. "You'd be buried in some pauper's grave with that bullet still in your chest, so I'd check your tone a little, should you wish to keep breathing and reporting back to Cain." She moved past him to have a look around at the apartment. It was large, but sparce. She knew he preferred the minimalist lifestyle, but this seemed rather less than that. Then something caught her attention. She sniffed up sharply. "You've had guests, I see."....

Nicholas laughed. "The only reason I had the bullet in my chest was because I was protecting you from that Hunter. Had I not been there, you would be dust." he spat back. "It was I that killed him, after taking that bullet." He lifted a brow at her notiching that he had visitors. "Aye, the one called Dante and another that called himself Abfret. That one was not a vampire, that was for sureHe did not smell like one nor acted like one." he didn't tell them that they had suddenly apeared out of no where.

Alecia half turned and grinned at him, "You keep on believing that, my sweet, I'm sure." She told him and then made her way back towards the balcony. "A vampire and a non vampire." She sniffed up again and then furrowed her brow. "Demon. That's interesting. What did they want and why on earth would you let them in"?.....

That was her all the way. Never giving credit where credit was due. He remembered the night as if it had happened yesterday. The Hunter sent to eliminate a suspected vampire in the city had found her. She had slipped up on one of her kills and it came back to haunt her. He knew what she was and had been madly in love with her at the time. He had stepped in front of her to protect her as the Hunter had pulled the trigger. He had been good, real good, almost as good as McKenzie had been. He had surprised Alecia and him. Nicholas had been a quick draw with the gun and as the bullet hit him his gun had been up and firing, catching the Hunter in the heart, killing him. He shook his head dispelling the memory of that night. He had been willing to give up his own life to save her and all she could think of was that it had been her that had done it all. "Demon?" he rubbed his chin. "Cain mentioned them once, but they are about extinct now. What would one be doing with Anubis and his group?" At her question on why he let them in, he shugged his shoulders. "

"Yes, a demon." She replied smoothly and then shook her head, "They are not extinct, nor have they ever been. They are rare, certainly, but there are many diluted versions." She pointed to him, "You and I for example. Cain took the blood of a demon to become what he is. That has been passed on to you through me as it was passed to me through him. Anubis as well. The queen, is another matterbut no less dangerous. The demon must be a relative of some kind. They like to carry on their family group tradition."....
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:10 pm

"And how do you know this?" he asked her. "Demons, from what Cain said do not tend to show themselves nor devulge their ways to just anyone." He definately did not like having to work with her. He had been madly in love with her and had thought she had loved him. But that had changed shortly after she had turned him. Yes it saved his life but it had changed it as well. For a bit it seemed she had returned his love, but then she became what she was even today. He had no idea why. Back then she had been loving and quite different.

But that was now in the past and he had moved on. He worked for Cain and had been thunderstruck when he had heard that the King was dead. But he had been contacted by Cain and he was releived to hear he was alive. "So how are you going to meet with Anubis and his Queen?" he asked her. He did not know that she had already been there.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Alecia lifted a finely plucked eyebrow at her charge. "I already have." She told him flatly. A visible change came over her and it was clear she didn't like it very much at all.....

He looked at her and saw the look and he smiled, "Ah the great Alecia did not make quite the impression she thought she would." He loved it. "I don't think Cain will be very happy."

"Cain wouldn't be happy anyway with what I shall report to him." She snapped back sharply, "And you can laugh it up all you like. When you come face to face with them, you'll understand clear and fast." She moved past him quickly, "And on that note, my dear child, you have been summoned."....

"I already have meet two of them." het snapped back. "But I bet I would have better luck then you." he still grinned. "Summoned?" he asked. He raised a brow at that.

"I doubt that greatly." She told him and then nodded, "Oh yes." She said, a small smile creeping around her dark lips. "The Queen herself demands your presence. Seems she got a full head of you, my boy. She knew instantly to whom you belonged, and me. That woman is a walking, talking library of dangerous information and she's got her eyes set perfectly on you.".....

Nickolas laughed. "Well then I had best dress aproprately." he went to his bed chamber area and pulled out some extra nice clothing. All black, stylish of the time and with a movement of one hand flipped a hat up and onto his head. Running a finger along the brim of the hat he began walking to the door. "I am sure Cain will not rip your throat out for the botched job. Especially letting them know that he is still alive. I don't think that was part of his plan."

Alecia watched in stoic silence and then turned her head away when he mentioned Cain's plan. "I didn't need to say anything about him." She said. "Casha took one sniff of me and already knew. I told you, she's a mind of dangerous information. Cain has underestimated her, has done from the beginning. All my report will do is confirm what he already knew deep down." She finally looked at him again with almost sad eyes.....

Nickolas was enjoying her discomfort. "Well my scent would only have told them that I was at the mansion, not that I worked for Cain or that he was alive." he turned slightly and narrowed his eyes. "You said something, didn't you?" If one got under her skin.....she had did it once way back in the past.

Alecia firmed her jaw. "I told you." She said quietly, "She could smell him on me. Even stooped to accusing me of sharing his bed. She caught me off guard completely, Nicholas. She is far more invasive and dangerous than Cain could have imagined." Her face turned completely away from him now. "So be careful."....

"Oh I will do my best." he told her and was out the door. The same Limo waited below and he told the driver where to go he looked at Nicholas. "Yeah same place. My turn now." The trip was quiet and he tried to relax. Yes he had taken pics of them all and spied on them but at least that was it. Now that they knew Cain was alive, oh well he would have to think of something to tell them. The limo arrived and at the gate to the estate, the call was made and relaied to Anubis and Casha. Anubis told them to let Nickolas to continue.

By this point, Casha had vanished. Now, with Gabriel fed and sleeping comfortably, she had gone to the gym room. Gabriel had been taken with her of course and slept in his basket under guard as she danced around the vast room. Exersice seemed a pointless effort these days, but she had always loved to dance; as had Akasha. The guard dancing with her had been a former champion in his day and found Casha to be as precise and skilled as him. Her skirts flowed as he led her in a strong waltz. Her posture was perfect, even against his towering height and they glided across the floor with ease and style. The call came through about Nicholas' arrival and Casha stopped long enough to nod. "Have him sent down here once Anubis is done with him." She called....

Anubis greeted the limo and watched as Nicholas emerged. He had been able to evade his best trackers and had been able to spy on the estate and everyone there. He knew talent when he saw it but also he knew loyalty when he saw it. The man was loyal to Cain. As Nicholas came up to stand before Anubis, he showed no fear. Anubis looked him up and down and decided that he would let Casha be the one to talk to him. He turned and told Nicholas to follow him. The two of them entered the gym room and Anubis watched Casha dance with a smile on his lips. Nickolas watched also a slight smile on his lips. He had seen her in the garden but that was at a distance and only through the lens of a camera. Up close she was breathtaking. Anubis was a lucky man...vampire to have someone like her.

Casha gave a slight smile as Anubis entered. She knew how he enjoyed watching her dance, even more so when she danced latin, but also the look on Nicholas' face at the sight of her. The music finished and the guard backed away with a bow as ettiquette demanded of the style. The guard at Gabriel's basket quickly blocked any view the newcomer might have gained and Garret was quick to snarl his distaste for the vampire. Casha stood in silence for a moment before turning to face the men. "Harold here thinks I should showcase my dancing more." she said with true pleasure. "He feels I have now surpassed him in every style. What do you think, my love?" Her eyes then moved to Nicholas...

Anubis smiled more and nodded his head slightly. "I think he is right my love." he turned his head slightly looking at Nicholas. "This is Nicholas. The one that was able to evade my best trackers."
Nicholas gave a slight bow and with a quick and smooth motion of his hand removed his hat with a flurish. "An honor." he said politely.

Casha nodded, "I know." She said, "I knew that smell the moment he entered the house." She moved forward slightly. "You are either incredibly lucky, or incredibly stupid, Nicholas. Which is it?"....

"Neither." he said with a smile. "If you refer to my ability to evade your lycan trackers, I had one of the best teachers." It had been a Lycan, and a very old one indeed, from the far past. "If you are talking about me still being alive....." he shugged his shoulders. "I am not as arrogant or careless as Alecia."

Casha laughed openly, showing her truly unique fangs and then nodded, "So it would seem." She chortled, then moved forward. She was just within his reach. "But Lady Latimer is hardly careless. In fact, I would say that little ice princess is rather more precise than you give her credit for." She now moved around him, almost stalking him so to speak. "But ice, as we both know, can shatter if you but strike the surface hard enough. You are only still alive because Anubis has permitted it and you are only here because I am curious."....

He watched her walk about him taking in her scent. Quite different then Alecia's. "Well my death would not acomplish anything. He took a couple steps forward looking at the basinet that the young vampire was sleeping in. "Could I, with your permission have a closer look at the young one. The first true blood." he turned and looked at Casha. "And what would you be courious about?"

The guard instantly placed himself between Nicholas and Gabriel. Casha lifted her jaw. "No." She said firmly, "You may not. Your death may not accomplish much in your eyes, but it would do plenty to remind Cain how we deal with those sent to spy on us." She moved away once again and looked at Anubis with a slight nod. Silently, she was asking his permission....

"He will only send more, and probably more then that." he said as he turned back to stand next to Anubis. "He would hardly care if I died." He then moved to a chair and sat down, crossing his legs. "He has the pictures I took." he looked again over to where the baby was. "But perhaps you would be doing me a favor." Anubis looked at Casha and shook his head no. He wanted more information onwhat Cain's plans were and how far along they were. "He has valuable information we could use." he told her.

Casha cocked her head slightly and then moved back to Harold. "Then I'll ask you instead." She said to the man. "I would like a tango." Harold instantly went rigid and backed away. Casha firmed her jaw and looked at Anubis now, slightly annoyed. She hadn't wanted to kill Nicholas; she wanted to dance with him. "You have no pictures of us to send him." She said to Nicholas. "You have met with two members of my family already. I can smell them on you from here."....

Nicholas smiled and rose from his chair and went down to the gym floor. "Only if you will allow me to have a look at your son. I promise it is just to look, I mean no harm to the child." He stood before her and gave a toss of his hat that landed on a peg sticking out of the wall. "A Tango?" he took a deep breath. "It has been a while but I think I can manage. As for the two visitors....yes I talked with them. As for the pictures, I sent them to Cain before they mysteriously vanished from my computer and memory chip. I take it that they were responsible for that."

Casha laughed and backed off a step before looking again to Anubis for permission. "I highly doubt that." She told him, "They would have told Anubis. You see, Dante isn't just an expert thief and free runner, he is also a technical wizard." The latter, she wasn't really sure was true, but it was as flawless as always. "I want you to more than manage, Nicholas. A tango is more than just a dance between two people, it is a story of love and power. If you can't rise to the challenge to be perfect, you are not worth my time." Her eyes never left Anubis. In the throws of the tango, she would give every illusion she and Nicholas were making love, lowering his guard and allowing her to gain what information she wanted. The question was whether Anubis would allow this man to lay his hands on her in such a way....

Anubis chuckled and nodded and then took a chair to watch. "Oh he has seen the picture of your son. He was very excited about it. I am not sure how Dante and the other got into my Loft but they did not delete the pics before they were sent." the music began and Nicholas took his stance and began to move witht he music. He had been good, and had danced it with Alecia, to the delight of the crowd. Their dance had been perfect and intense. But that had been before......before the ending of their relationship. He smiled as he waited for her to join in.

Casha swayed her hips widely as she moved to him, lifting her arms out as though wings to entrap her partner. They began to move and already, she could feel he had some serious talent. After a minute or so and as she leaned back on his arm to reveal her neck, shoulders and a large portion of her bustline to him, she could feel his heart begin to race as well. Her touch had some serious effects on men, as Gabe and many of the guard had come to learn. Now Nicholas would get a headful of it and she would make sure it stayed...

Oh she was good he thought. His heart was beating fast but it had been broken and shattered. He moved and smiled as he ran his hands over her body, and brought her back up and spun her around. "You are good Casha, but your charms will not work on me. Your are beautiful and Anubis is a lucky man to have you as his wife. But those days are now dead to me, and no woman can rekindle that flame. But ask your questions, I may answer a few, but wether you think they are the truth that is another matter."

Casha turned in his arms and then pushed herself right up against him. Her upper thigh rested neatly between his and her groin pressed right against him as she leaned back again. He brought her back up once more, but her eyes had turned cold and she stepped back. "Then you are not worth my time." She told him, turning her back boldly to reveal the tattoo. "If you cannot feel the dance taking over you completely, then you are not worthy of the privilage." She turned back to face him again, her eyes questioning him.....

"Oh the passion of the dance does not escape me. Everything about it makes me feel alive. But I have been watching and I know more about you then you think." he chuckled. "You were very lucky to catch my scent. All those weeks I have watched and took notes." he pressed up against her and again ran his hands over her body. "So I know you wish me to lower my guard." he head lowered to herneck to brush his lips over it lightly.

Casha moved with him, keeping the intense drama of it flawlessly. As his lips brushed her throat, her fingers went through his hair and she leaned back just a little further. She lifted her knee high over his hip and almost sighed with pleasure. Almost. No sooner had his lips left her skin, she dropped her knee and backed off again with a smile. "You already have." She told him smoothly. "In fact, you've told me everything I need to know for now." She gave him a mirthfilled smile and then swayed passed him as the music faded in the speakers....

He smiled. "And what have I told you?" he asked, his voice steady and not concerned. He knew that she was powerful and that she had a way about her to get what she wanted. As the music faded. He brought her to him and looked down into her eyes, smiling. "And you have told me quite abit as well." he let her go and walked over to reclaim his hat.

"I know how long you've been watching us and how long Cain has been pulling your strings." She said, "And how deeply in love you are with the icy Alecia Latimer. If there was ever leverage to use against someone, what you've given me is priceless." As he looked down into her eyes, her thumb came up and dug in just behind his jaw under his chin. The move was to paralyse him instantly, as it would any creature and often did. "We are no longer dancing Nicholas, so you do not have permission to touch me like this. Release your hold or I may take your life after all." She pressed the nail just a little harder to cause him serious pain. "And then you can tell me what you've learned."....

Her finger had hurt but on a vampire it was useless. "Loved, once, but no more. She is a pain in my backside if anything." He looked at her smiling. "As for what I have learned?" he took a seat again. "You fear Cain. Like you I can sence things. A gift perhaps from my family. They always were able to sence things about people. I can feel the fear in you and what he wants with you, Anubisand your child." his eyes were now stone cold as he spoke. "You did not want to hear that I sent the pictures to him. You had hoped Dante and his friend had erased them before I could. I imagine that Alieca let the cat out of the bag, and you are extremely worried about others like us. And don't even think about asking about what I know of them. I don't. You should have asked Alecia more
on that.

Casha released her thumb from his chin, but her stance remained as solid as ever. "Oh yes, I do fear him." She said honestly, "It terrifies me what that man is capable of with my family. Only a fool would assume to think otherwise and I make no bones about telling the truth, unlike some." The comment over Alecia pircked her curiosity again and she levelled her gaze. "She didn't have to let anything out of the bag, dear boy. Like I said before, ice shatters if you only strike hard enough. As for others like you, I now know they exist and I will soon know just how many, one way or another. As for you.." Her smile returned and she breezed past him, "...I'd like to dance with you again. Very soon." She then turned her eyes to a guard. "Escort our guest home. I'm done with him for now." The guard nodded and moved to Nicholas.....

"Oh and I Lucern gives his regards to you and Anubis." At the name Anubis's head jerked over in Nicholas's direction. Lucern had been the personal Lycan Guard of Cain at the begining. Nicholas caught the look on Anubis' face. "Yes he still lives and wished me to to give you his regards if I ever should meet you face to face." he looked at Casha. "My last communication with him I informed him of the birth of your son. He was was very proud of you." he turned to Casha.

Casha looked to Anubis briefly, noting the shock and disturbance in her husband, but otherwise, remained calm. She left the gym in silence, the guard and a nurse following quicky behind with Gabriel. She sent them upstairs before heading down into the comms room to find Frenchy. She had more information to give him. Down there, she also spotted Abfret and an incredibly stupid idea entered her head....

"How is he?" Anubis asked. "He is well." Anubis had assigned Lucern to Cain and had ordered him to protect him and be loyal to him. He had done just that. On the night of the Attack on Cain's compound, Cain had sent him into town to get something, before Anubis had arrived. Anubis thought he had been killed that night. The guard lead Nicholas out and he smiled as he got in to the limo.
Abfret looked at Casha and saw the look on her face. "What?" he asked.

Just like that, Casha pushed the idea way down to the back of her mind and smiled at him. "I have some more information for Frenchy." She said. "It would appear that Cain has been busier than we thought. He's been watching us for weeks, if not months. He wouldn't do that unless he had a serious plan against us. I need Frenchy to start looking for others like us. Alecia Latimer and this Nicholas character are not the true number. I'd start with the hundreds and work up from there. Anything and everything counts. It appears that Nicholas sent off those pictures before you got there and I want them back if possible. Can you and Frenchy do that?"....

Abfret rubbed his jaw. "Time frame is still good, but one problem. If he sees us then the future is changed. Should he get away with the memory chip it is unknown what might happen." he told her.

Casha nodded. He had a good point. "Can you hold time as well as travel through it?" She asked....

He shook his head. "Only travel. Holding time is really not possible." he told her.

Casha nodded again, "Fair enough." She said, "Then we can assume Cain has seen them and knows exactly who is who. If Cain can be found, could you retrieve the pictures from his end without being seen?"....

Abfret smiled. "Of course." he told her, "Though having the pictures and seeing who we all are, the damage is done. "Unless he is planning on using the pictures for something." a deep growl came from his throat. "I will leave immediately." he told her

Casha nodded a third time. "He intends to release them to the world press." she said, "To expose us all. Nicholas is, or was a journalist of some kind in his human years. Anubis has many links in the media so we can control things somewhat on this side of the Atlantic, but beyond that, we're fair game." She nodded in thanks and then left.

At the loft, Alecia had removed most of her outer clothing. She now had a simple full dress on and her hair was left free down her back. When Nicholas returned, she had fallen into a light sleep on the sofa....

He returned home and opened the door to see Alicia on the couch. He turned his head from looking at her. He did not want old memories coming back. He hoped that his story to Casha on how he felt about Alecia had come across as the truth. Even though he wanted to convince himself that he hated her, down deep he didn't. How could he. He went to the bar and poured himself a drink.

Alecia turned slightly as she slept. The movement caused the shoulder of her dress to move slightly and it revealed the upper curve of her breast over the top of her corset. Also, the hem came up and showed her slender ankles, then her calves and eventually a knee. It was clear she wasn't aware enough to know he was there yet. As he drank, images came to him of Casha. Unknown to him, she had imprinted some part of herself.....

He shook his head to clear it and took his drink to the balcony and looked out over the city street below. He sipped his drink and knew that Cain had to be notified of what Anubis and Casha knew. He knew she was intrested in the others like them. Feared what they could do, epecially with their loyalty to Cain. He turned and looked at Alecia and shook his head. He went back in and grabbed a light blanket and draped it over her. Why had she changed. Why had she turned so cold. Why had she become like she had. He went back to the bar and poured himself another drink.

The feeling of the blanket was enough to bring Alecia back to reality and quickly opened her eyes as he went back to the bar. Slowly though, she sat up and moved the blanket aside. She could feel the turmoil in him and she could smell Casha all over him. "How bad did she get to you?" She asked carefully....

He turned and looked at her. "She didn't. We talked, and had a tango." he told her. He wondered if she remembered doing it back in europe. The joy and the pleasure it gave both of them and how it had pleased the crowd. "She is afraid of Cain and of the others."

Alecia didn't believe him for a second and slowly rose to her feet. She moved over to him. "A Tango? Well, I would suppose that explains why you smell like you've taken a bath in her, but I know she got to you. I can feel it in you." She moved passed him quite close. "Of course she's afraid of Cain. Only a fool wouldn't be."...

"She fears little." he told her. "She didn't fear you, nor me, but Cain scares the hell out of her. Also she would do anything to protect her son. Oh she would try to turn the world inside out to keep him from harm. What would she do to get him back unharmed." She would not let him see the child and the way she had him protected had told him even more.

Alecia nodded, "She is a good mother." She offered in an oddly warm and comforting statement. "She had him whisked away before I even entered the house. I don't doubt she would see the entire world burn before she sees harm come to that baby and it isn't because he's a pure borne." She moved further around him and picked up a small decanter of fine brandy. She poured a glass and scented it lightly, "It's because he's her son; part of her, body and soul. It wouldn't surprise me if the boy isn't Cain's actual target. After all, there's nothing in this world more deadly to a mother than to lose a child." She drank back the brandy and walked away....

"So if the child is kidnapped, what do you think she would do to get him back. What would Anubis do?" he sipped his drink. He to had figured that was what Cain was planning. The pictures of the estate, and those on it would give him all he needed to plan an assault on the place and take the child.

Alecia stopped, but didn't look back. "Anubis, I don't know, but Casha. She would destroy everything in her path until she got him back safe. Nothing would matter, not even Anubis, until that baby was back in her arms where he belonged." Once again, her tone was anything but cold. For just a moment, the ice had completely gone. "If that's what Cain intends, he will bring war and death on us all. She won't stop, Nicholas, not ever, not so long as she draws breath on this earth."....

"But you miss the point. The threat of harm to the child, the threat of never seeing the child again. It would stop her in her tracks. One mistep on her part and the child would die. That would destroy her, should that happen. I don't think she would risk that by going on a rampage." he finished his drink. He didn't like that idea, but he knew that it was what Casha feared the most. But would Cain go that far? Would he actually hurt the child? He hopped not.

Alecia shuddered visibly and let her head drop down before she shook it slowly. "It wouldn't matter." She said quietly, "Logic wouldn't even come into the equasion. Just losing him would be enough to destroy her and if Cain did murder the child, it would only fuel her rage further. You can't understand that kind of emotion, Nicholas. When something that precious comes from you, what happens after doesn't matter. Like I said, she would never stop until every last shred of Cain had been destroyed and even then, I doubt very much she would grieve."....

"How would you know?" he asked her. He raised his drink to his lips and looked at her. Something was different, something was very different about her.

At her sides, her hands clenched into tight fists. Tight enough to draw blood that slowly dripped through her fingers and onto the floor beside her. The pain seemed to bring her back to her usual self and she lifted her head again and she began to walk away once more. "I need a bath."....

He steped in front of her barring her way. "What are you hiding?" He could now tell she was hiding something.

Alecia opened her eyes slowly as the air around them chilled uncomfortably. "I should ask you the same question." She replied quietly. "Or you can move aside and save yourself some damage."....

"No." he stood fast. "Tell me!" the air about him began to warm and steam rose into the air.

No sooner had the demand left his lips, Alecia raised both hands to his chest and sent him soaring down the hallway away from her. Seconds later, she entered the bathroom and shut the door, locking it firmly behind her......

He was on his feet and walked to the door and tried it. It was locked but that was no barrier. A quick kick sent the lock flying and the door opened on bent hinges. "You can't hide." he now grabbed her by the arms with the strength of a male vampire, a hold that she could not break with out hurting herself. "Now tell me."

Alecia didn't care at this point. Knowing she would do herself major damage, she pulled away from him. The movement caused both her shoulders to break apart and it tore her sleeves clean away at the shoulder. Not only that, it tore the dress away entirely and she stood with both arms limp in her corset and underdress. On the right lapel of her underdress, there was a tiny ribbon knotted into the fabric. "Get out!" She demanded as she forced her arms to move and reset the joints. It was clear this caused her immense pain, but it didn't come close to the pain in her eyes....

He did not move. "No!" he said he looked at the ribbon. He had seen something like that along time ago. "What are you afraid of? The all powerful Alecia. Afraid of nothing."

Alecia shook her head as she took deep breaths to ease the pain in her shoulders. "That's right." She hissed, "Afraid of nothing." The ice was back with vengeance and she took a step forward. Her body pulsed with anger and something else. "Coming back was a mistake." She said, "I know that now. I should have stayed where I was. I should never have answered Cain's request."...

Nicholas would not give up but his tone and manner changed. He took her arms again but gently. "Alecia, tell me." his voice was softer.

Alecia pushed him back quickly, "Don't play coy with me." she said icily, "I mean it, Nicholas, coming back here and being close to you again; this is the second biggest mistake of my life, now leave me the hell alone!" And in a flash she had disappeared, or seemed to. She had just moved quicker than the eye.....

He shook his head. She again was the ice vampire. He went back to the bar and poured himself another drink. On the morrow he would have to go hunt and drink blood. "Let her suffer in her own missery then." he muttered.

On the other side of the building, Alecia stopped to gain her breath again, but it wouldn't come. with a loud scream, she tore away her corset and shredded it. Then, she attacked the wall, knocking out several large bricks and throwing them clear across the floor and into the wall on the other side. The noise alone was enough to gain attention. Casha had gotten to her in the worst possible way and she was paying the price for it now. Throwing herself around the empty room in her fury, she forgot completely the training and composure she would have held. Her underdress tore open in several places and her hands and feet became bloodied from the sharp rubble she created. Eventually, she collapsed in the middle of the mess and screamed. It noise of it shattered a few windows, but the sound could shatter a soul. It spoke volumes of suffering and heartache, clear to Nicholas' ears as any bell.......

Nicholas heard the cry and the tone of it. Again something tore at his heart and he threw his drink from his hand and made his way towhere the scream had come from. It was not hard to find. He saw her laying in the middle of the rubble. He picked her up and carried her back to his loft home and placed her on his own bed. "Stubborn and .......... he didn't finish it. He went into the bathroomand brought out towels and clean water and began cleaning the blood from her feet. She would heal as all of them did. But what ever it was that was bothering her it seemed would not, and would never heal unless she spoke of it.

Alecia lay there almost catatonic as her mind battled to remember the training she had been so commanded to over the years and she didn't feel Nicholas move her, nor wash her feet. As he lifted one, her hand slipped away from her front, opening a large gash in the soft cotton just below her bellybutton. There was a long scar there. It was crude and rather ugly to look at. Alecia being what shewas, she could have made that heal and disappear, but she kept it. During her time away from him all those many years before, something had happened to her and it had almost killed her by the size and shape of the scar on her flesh....

Nicholas had seen that type of scar before. Women having trouble with the birth of a child had an operation to remove the baby. He remembered no scar on her when they had made love. He sat on the edge of the bed and ran a finger over the scar. He looked at her and knew. But what had happened to the child. Did it live or had it died. "Why did you not tell me?" he asked.

Alecia didn't move a muscle until his fingers traced the line of the scar. In that instant, her fingers clasped tightly over his wrist and she turned away from him. She then curled up into a ball. "Because you caused it to happen." She whispered, "Your pride and arrogance cost me everything and I hate you for it."....

"My pride and arrogance?" he asked. He had never been that. He had loved her and did all he could to make her happy. "What did I do?" he asked.

"You flaunted your skills in front of the mortals." She whispered, "Then fed on them without care. I warned you to be more careful and you passed it off like it didn't matter. Then I got sick, remember? You openly brought pray into our home, Nicholas. Did you honestly believe that no-one would notice? That you could carry on as though it didn't matter what you did?" Slowly, she sat up and pulled the remains of her hem down over her feet. "I was in the process of moving us along when I realized why I was sick. My corset didn't fit me anymore and my other clothes were becoming too tight. I didn't believe it at first. Vampires can't have children, but then I felt her move and I knew it was true. I was coming home to tell you when I found the house burning. Don't you remember any of this?" She stared at him emptily. "The hunters saw me in the wreckage, trying to find you and save you and I had to run. I stayed ahead for as long as I could and I thought I was getting close to finding you, but they found me. She was coming so I couldn't run. The hunters didn't care that she was innocent, they thought she was a demon or something. They cut her out of me, Nicholas, like surgeons cut out cancer." She got off the bed and moved away from him. "I fought back as best I could and I killed the hunters, but I was too late to save her. When they pulled her from me, they tore the chord and she bled out faster than she could heal. She died before I could even give her a name." She turned around to face him now. "And where were you? The one time I needed your protection and care. The one time, your daughter needed you?" Her eyes turned cold as did she. "When I found you again; when I found you with that tart of a woman. Your daughter died while you were screwing around with a mortal for an easy fucking meal!" Alecia never swore, detested it even, but it did serve a purpose. "And you expect to greet me like nothing happened? You should be grateful I didn't rip your head clean off! And now? Coming here, facing Casha and realizing just how much she knew about me before she'd so much as spoken to me. Everything I had worked so hard to achieve had gone in but a few simple words from that woman. That's how she got to me and once again, I have to start from the beginning." She glared him only briefly before she made for the door. "Like I said before, coming back here was a mistake. Tell Cain what you like, I no longer care. I will be gone by morning." She shoved the door open and strode through, slamming it hard behind her.......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Nicholas listened to her and his heart began to break all over again. But she was wrong he had not been careless or like he didn't care. Cain had made sure he laid down the law to him once he found out that Alecia had turned him. He had made it clear that he was to keep the secret and that should he be careless and bring attention to himself, he would be eliminated. Cain wanted to make sure that those like him were never found out about, especially by the church and its hunters. They knew of him and that he could mingle with the human race in daylight but that was it.

He also made sure that his kills were never those that he had dealings with. Not only was it bad for business but it would have brought him into any investigation of their deaths. He had no idea of where Alecia had gotten the idea that he had been careless and unconcerned. Not only did he not want attention drawn to him, he surely did not wish it drawn to her. He would have died for her and had almost the one time.

What she was saying did not make sense, none at all. He had not killed any of of his patrons or benefactors, and he sure was not with any other woman. He had been called out of town to what he had hoped was to be a job that would put both him and Alecia on easy street. He had left her a note telling her where he was going and why. When he had returned he found their house burned to the ground. He looked for Aleica and when he found her she was not the same person she had been and left him.

When she got up and slammed the door he went after her. "Alecia! I don't know why you think I did all of that. I did not! Cain would have had my head if I had, and I would never have put you in danger. I would have rather died before doing that. And I was never with another woman ever! I was out of town the day our house was burned to the ground, trying to secure a job that would have made us alot of money. The day I found you and you left was the first time I saw you since the time I had returned.

The meeting had not taken place. When he had gotten to where he was suppose to be there was no one there by the name that had been given. He had always thougth perhaps the company had found another and had just written him off.

He quickly caught up to her and spun her around. "Look into my eyes and see if they lie to you." he told her. Did you not get the note I had left you?" If she had not then something had been very wrong.

People being killed, drained of blood, hunters that should not have known about them at all coming, him being called out of town. All of a sudden it seemed as if things began to get clear.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Alecia stopped when Nicholas once again blocked her exit and she glared at him. "I wasn't looking for a note, Nicholas, I was looking for my lover's body!" She screamed, "In burning flames and rubble!" She pushed past him again and made for a small side room where she had stored a few items of luggage. She swung the tallboy case open and pulled out some fresh clothes. "And don't you dare think I hallucinated that whore crawling all over you when I found you again." She pulled the torn underdress away and slipped into the fresh one before clasping her corset around her. She moved to the door and hooked the strings over the handle. With a firm step forward, the corset tightened. She stepped again, making sure it was as tight as possible and then unhooked the strings to knot them tightly at the middle of her back. During this time, she said nothing more, but when she picked up the stiff gown, she turned her eyes to him again.

"Our home wasn't raised to the ground by accident, Nicholas." She said as she tied the skirts on one by one. "Since my childhood, I took great pride in remaining invisible. It was my duty and something that I carried with vigour into my immortal life. Cain praised me greatly for it. Then you come along and within a decade, our home has been burned, I was on the run from hunters that assumed me to be some common vampire and our child was murdered before she even had chance to live." She pulled the stiff jacket on and turned to face him finally as she buttoned it up to her neck. "So tell me, what was I supposed to think?" she turned around again and reached back into the tallboy for some stockings, a garter and some boots......
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 pm

"It was not me!" he told her. "I was gone for two days and when I returned, our house was burned to the ground and you were no where around. When I found you, you turned on me and left. I was not even here. And I left the note on the front door where you could have seen it when you went out. It told you where I was going and when I expected to be back."

Alecia pulled on her stockings roughly, then tied the garter far too tight to be comfortable. Next were the boots that were laced just as tightly. Her response was a simple shake of the head. She had gone to feed, so of course, she would never have come or gone through the front door. Yet another mistake on his part, she thought as she stood ramrod straight again. "I know what I saw, Nicholas." She offered coldly and quietly, "Not that it matters anymore. As far as you're concerned, the woman you loved died with her daughter, so if you don't mind, I have some thigns to put in order before I leave."....

"Fine do as you wish. But i now know something was not right with that time. I am going to find out what really happened those two days. When I was at Anubis' estate, I heard the whispers of some of there servents about a man called Frenchy. Some sort of scribe that knows every thing on every vampire. I intend to return there and find out the truth." he turned and left, going back down to the street and hailed a cab, so she could have the limo.

Alecia shook her head again and as the door closed, she closed her eyes. "It wasn't two days, Nicholas." She said quietly, "I searched for over a year." To her, it had been a year, so how he seemed to have missed the other 363 days, she had no idea. On the street, Nicholas' whistle caught the attention needed and a stylish mercedes pulled up, bearing all the usual markings of a high class taxiservice. "Where to?" Teh driver asked politely....

He got in the cab and gave the driver the address of Anubis' estate. In a matter of minutes the cab was moving off in traffic and then towards the outskirts of the city where the estate was. She had said he had flaunted his work, which he did, because that was how he earned a living. Something he had to do to support them and to make their lives look more human. But she had said he killed those that he sold his work to. He had never did that. That would have destroyed his ability to support him and Alecia. He kept his hunting far from their home so nothing would come back to them. Something did not make sence. He had been very careful. She had taught him how to be that way and he followed her instructions to the letter as well as that of Cain. That ment another vampire had been hunting in their area, one that they had no knowledge of. But the man called Frenchy might know. If what he had been able to evesdrop on, he might be able to provide a name.

The taxi pulled up to the main gate and rolled the window down to the waiting guard. "Evening Boss." He said with a smile. "Got a gent in the back wants to see Mr. Vance." The guard looked through the back window and smirked before he moved back to the gate wall and called through to the house.....

Anubis raised a brow when he got the call. He looked at Casha. "He is back." he looked at her with a questioning look.

Casha made herself comfortable in her favourite chair as Gabriel was handed to her. "I thought he might come back sooner rather than later." She offered. "He will have a lot of questions, I'm sure." The smile she gave her husband was plenty to show she knew exactly what Nicholas was after.....

Anubis sent word to send him up and soon he was escorted into their presence. Anubis was storking Gabrial's head with a hand and smiling down at his son, when he entered. He looked at Anubis and then Casha. "I wish to talk the one you call Frenchy."

By the time Nicholas entered, Casha had dropped the shoulder of her dress and was feeding Gabriel openly. She looked up at him with that same knowing smile, "I thought you might." She replied smoothly....

He took a seat and one could see the pained look in his eyes and the way he carried himself. Frenchy was called for and he came running wanting to get any and all information on the new vampire. He enjoyed his work and now in a nest of their kind he was seeing things first hand, seeing how they lived, what they did, at a more personal level then any one else could. Nicholas looked up at him andthen leaned forward. "Sir, I need your help, your knowledge." Frenchy smiled and nodded. Nicholas gave him year and the city and all the information he could think of. "What vampire or vampires were in that area during that time."
"That is easy good sir. There was only one vampire in that city at that time. We all thought that it was strange for him to be there and be acting the way he was. He wantonly killed and left bodies about. Then he suddenly left." Nicholas looked at Frenchy. "Who was it?" "Why Cain himself." Frenchy told him. Nicholas was on his feet in an instant, his fist clenched, his head thown back and screaming out in anger.

Casha may not have given much reaction to the news Frenchy offered up, but Nicholas' scream certain gained Gabriel's attention and he began to cry in panic and upset. "If you don't mind!" She said firmly to Nicholas as she battled to soothe the screaming infant in her arms....

Rage and pain welled up in Nicholas' eyes, as he body shook. Guards came running and Anubis put up a hand to stop them. He looked over at Casha, "He would not have been the first." he told her "My daughter would have been." he turned and walked out of the room and out onto the front of the mansion. "You will pay for this Cain!" he yelled out, "You will pay!"

Casha quietly nodded and then turned her attention back to Gabriel. He calmed eventually and went back to feeding as she cooed at him. While keeping ehr eyes fixed on his, she waggled a finger at Garret by her right. "Bring him back in." She said quietly, "Quietly."....
Garret quickly shot off and came to a halt in front of Nicholas. "She wants you back inside." He said through his drooling jaw. "Quietly."...

Nicholas looked down at Garret, his chest was heaving with heavy breathing, his eyes blazing with anger, rage, and pain. "Inform your mistress, I am grateful for her assistance. But I regret I must leave. I have prepare myself for the task I must do." he lifted his head up and his arms up and his body began to change. It contorted into a very large black leporad.

Garret cast a quick glance to the guard just inside the door. "It wasn't a request." He said. "When my queen is finished with you, then you may leave. Until then, I am to bring you back inside. With or without your consent." The two other guards stood behind him and shifted as he shifted into the feline. Garret gave a small smirk. "I know a cat looks just like you, but she got stripes overthe black coat."....

Nicholas snarled a bit. "Do not try to stop me. I have no beef with you or any here. I can delay no longer." he launched himself over Garret and was running down the long drive at an incredable speed."

Garret was quick on the turn and shot after him. he kept up with ease and turned his head as the gate came into clear sight. "You really wanna do this?" He asked, "You know you're dead the second you strike, right?"...

He had no intentions of attacking anyone or hurting anyone on the estate. "Had you not better be back there protecting your queen. Question is do you really want to do this." he asked Garret. He leaped up to the top of the stone wall and sprang from it back to the ground beyond.

Garret followed him with little effort. "Casha can help you, you know." He offered. "She's more powerful than you think and she has heart enough to share it. Trust me, I've been at her side from the beginning and she's nothing like what you'ev been told."....

He turned to look at Garret. "This is personal and something I have to do to avenge the murder of my daughter." he told Garret and again turned and bound away.

"He will snap your neck like a twig." The wolf said back, "Then what you gonna do? Cain will just walk away like you never existed. Sit down with the queen and talk. She and Anubis are your only option."....

"Then I die." he said. "But I might have a better chance then you think. Go back. Would you have another kill the one that was responsible for the death of a child of yours?"

"She's gonna kill him anyway." Was the reply, "Besides, if you're dead, who's gonna protect your daughter's mom? When he's done with you, he'll go for her and then what? You'll be dead and he'll just walk right in and claim her before your blood is even cold, my friend. Or, would you rather share the vengeance with her and all that happily ever after stuff, huh? Think about it."...

"To her I am already dead, there is nothing there anymore. Besides she is leaving and if she does not want to be found, no one will find her." he continued to run picking up speed. "If I fail then she can do her best to kill him."

"That's bullshit and you know it!" Garret snapped. "You gonna go get yourself killed and condemn her to a life of pain and regret and that'll be more your fault than anything that stupid head of your's can think up!"....

Nicholas by now was not even listening anymore. Alecia had been right. He should have been there. He should never had left her there alone. What had happened was his fault and it did not matter what happened. He had lost her, a daughter he never knew he had and a life that he could only have dreamed of. They were entering the city proper now. The squeeling of tires filled the air as people slammed on the breaks to stop from hitting them. Nicholas was heading home to gather what he would need. Then he would be gone.

Garret had no choice now but to give up the chase. If he carried on, he was likely to do some damage to something and he couldn't afford that attention just yet. He turned back and made for home as quickly as he could. Back at the mansion, Casha felt everything and shook her head. "Silly fool." She offered quietly. Gabriel finished feeding and she handed him back to the nurse. Without another word, she moved towards Anubis, emersing herself in his shadow and disappeared. She reappeared at Nicholas' loft and stood before him, bracing for the point he would finally see her and slam into her..
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Nick changed back into his human form and went to the roof tops. He could move faster and with out being observed. When he reached his loft he slowly decended the stairs to his loft. His anger had not subsided and he slammed doors and began ripping things apart, his work, his possessions, everything. The floor was littered with broken and torn things. None of it mattered now nothing mattered but revenge. He caught her scent before he saw her. He turned and there Casha was standing a bare inch from hm. His eyes still blazing with rage, as he turned from her and stepped away.

"I said I will deal with Cain." he told her. "I can tell you do not think I am capable of dealing with Cain. Don't judge the book by its cover." Casha was powerful as was Anubis, but that did not mean he was a weakling, or incompetent. He knew Cain's lair, he knew more about him then she did. Also Cain had no idea that he now knew the truth. "You think you are all powerful and can take him on. Oh he has misjudged you, but you have misjudged him as well. He will expect you to come after him. He probably already has a trap laid for you and Anubis." He slammed his fist into a concret pillar, shattering the concret, cracking the pillar all the way through. "The one you call Dante, took him by surprise. He did not know about him, not human and yet not a vampire. His speed and agility allowed Dante to get past Cain's guard, but now he is ready for even that."

"If you want to help, you go find Alecia and help her." he then turned and pulled out clothing and a suitcase. He grabbed a passport and threw it over onto the pile of clothes. Once he was done he put it all in the suitcase and changed clothes.

"Don't tell me you would do this any different then I am if it had been your child."

"Have I missed anything?" came Dante's voice as he just suddenly appeared out of the shadows, the demon slayer strapped to his back.

Nicholas immedately came to a martial arts stance to prepare for an attack.

Dante looked over at Casha knowing she would probably disapprove of him showing up. "Hey talk to your husband. His idea. He doesn't like it to much when you just disappear like that and since Garret does not know how to travel the Shadow Realm he sent me." he grinned. "I think I could get use to traveling like that." he gave her a wide grin and then turned to look at Nicholas. He could tell the man was highly pissed off and from the quick briefing he had before he came after Casha, he had every right to be.

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRaven Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Casha stood in silence while she listened, even half turned her head away as a small chunk of concrete came towards her, but otherwise, she remained quite stoic. And then Dante arrived, in style as usual and she offered him a loving smile. "Anubis can wait." She offered to dante and then turned her eyes back to Nicholas.

"I don't think you're not capable of taking on Cain, Nicholas." she began. "I know you're not." She stepped forward, "But for the record, neither am I. Yes, I am very powerful now, more powerful than I could have imagined to be, but to underestimate someone such as Cain is not only foolish, but deadly. Cain is the first father to all of us and there is none more powerful or cunning, or evil as him. True, that has been his downfall; Dante being the prime example..." She bowed her head slightly to her sire, "Sorry." Her eyes then snapped back to Nicholas, "But should we work together; build on our combined strengths and knowledge, we can turn things in our favour. I want that man dead as much as you do and for reasons very close to your own." Her eyes turned to Dante briefly before she moved forward to face Nicholas.

"Gabriel is not the first true borne and neither was your daughter. Many thousands of years ago, there were others. When Cain ruled this earth, he had a wife. She bore him many children over her lifetime. None of them live now. I know; I killed many of them myself in service to the church, including Anubis' brothers, lovers and followers." She lowered her head slightly, "But you don't want a history lesson, do you, Nicholas. Like many, you prefer straight facts that you can act on. So to cut a long story short, it was my child ocne upon a time. Akasha was pregnant when Cain had her murdered. A boy she intended to name Seth. Perhaps that is why I take such care in my protection of Gabriel." Carefully, she reached out and put a hand on Nicholas' shoulder. It was tender, comforting and done in friendship.

"You can send me after Alecia if that's what you wish and Anubis and I will protect her as best we can, but that is not what she needs. You know this." The hand came down his arm gently and then back up. "She will never be inclined to believe the truth without the context she needs from you. If you go in there alone, Cain will destroy you. Alecia will be alone and no matter where she goes, or whom she hides with, she will be forever at his mercy. For too many years already, she has believed you were at fault. She's finally heard your side of it, but she needs to hear the rest. It has to come from you. Let us help you."
LadyRaven
LadyRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by questor Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Nicholas just closed up the suit case and looked over at Casha. "I don't need a history lesson." But she was wrong on Cain's children. Oh he had heard it all from the old Vampire. Especially about his empire at the begining. They had been born of a mortal woman and were not vampires. He was not sure why Cain told him all of it but he had listened and learned. "But I don't need your help." He looked at her hand on his shoulder. "It was Cain that set us up back then, it was him that called me away, it was him that sent the hunters, it was him that posed as me with another woman. It had to be. Why else was he there unknown to Alecia and me.

Casha lifted her chin and backed off a step. "Fair enough." She said, almost dejected. Slowly, she removed her hand from his arm. "Because that is what he does, Nicholas. He skews things to his advantage. He wanted you and Alecia parted, probably because of the child. Perhaps he wished the lady for his own and you got in the way. She strikes me as a fiercely loyal creature, so the only way to destroy your pairing would be to literally destroy her image of you. Something it is clear he succeeded in doing." She backed off a step and looked at him squarely. "Look, I want to help you, but if you leave here, you will be on your own, Nicholas." She shook her head, "I won't risk all Anubis has worked so hard for, not yet. I can't.".....

"All the more reason for you not to get involved." he told her. "Even if I fail and I am killed, what does it matter. All that I had wanted is gone, has been gone for a very long time. It might be the best thing." he looked over at Dante. Dante removed the sword from his back and held it out to Nicholas. "At least take this. I don't know how he survived its bite, but perhaps a second time will do the trick. Nicholas took it and looked at Casha. "You find Alecia and protect her." he then started for the door.

Casha shook her head. "I can, but only from a distance." She said sadly, "As I've said before, what has been said here, she needs to hear from you. Your death will only serve to keep her in misery for eternity, or at best, follow you to hell, but you have made your choice and I cannot stop you. But remember this, Nicholas. It took Anubis ten thousand years to find me again. Can you really say she will last even a fraction of that?".....

He stopped for a moment. "I tried to tell her but she would not listen. She is convinced it was me that caused it all. Besides she is already gone."

Casha shook her head again, "She has not gone, Nicholas. She is still here; tucked away in a corner and listening to everything." A slight smile curled around her lips. "Everything except the one thing she needs to hear, but you're too frightened to say. Alecia Latimer is an icy creature, but if you think back to something I told you about icy things, you might understand. Perhaps then, you would rethink your plan and my offer." She backed off again and looked for the nearest shadow. "Time for me to leave. My King has waited long enough." And she simply melted away....

Dante nodded and followed behind Casha. Now that he had learned the use of the Shadow Walk, he was going to enjoy it. Nicholas stopped and looked around. He dropped his suitcase and hunted out the hiding place of Alecia. He opened the door and looked down at her, tears in his eyes. He knelt down in front of her and took her hands in his.

Alecia kept her face turned away as the tears fell like tiny crystals down her cheeks. "Tell me, she lies, Nicholas." She pleaded, "Please. I cannot bear to hear such evil from my own maker." Her voice was quiet and lost...

He gently took a hand and placed it on her face and turned it to look at him. "It is not a lie. He was there. The Scribe confirmed it. He also said that he killed indiscremintly that was so unlike him. Then who else knew where we were. We loved each other...." he bit his lip as he continued. "Our daughter was proof of that love. Was he capable of it, yes. Is he still capable of it, yes. Alecia. I loved you then and I still do."
In England Cain waited to hear from his two operatives. He had split them apart long ago and had nurtured them seperately doing his best to keep the hate burning. But he had no idea of the child. The ones he sent to make like they were going to kill her for being a vampire had not lived to come back and tell him. He smiled and though of trying to bring Alecia back to him.

And just as Casha had foretold, the ice shattered and Alecia broke down in a flood of tears as she leaned into him and wept her grief. Nearly a century of hatred and coldness faded away and she finally gave in.......Back at home, Casha breathed a sigh of relief. She had been right after all. Arriving in the study, she smiled to Anubis. "I'm home." She offered quietly....

Dante emerged from the shadows in his quarters where the hell hound rose to her feet and siffed the air as he emerged. "Just me girl." he told her and patted the things head affectionately. His children loved the hell hound. Just like a normal family's family dog. He went to his children and kissed them. "Well now little ones where is your mother. Anubis greated his wife by enveloping her into his arms. "So I take it your talk went well?"

Kat gave a gentle pur from the sofa at the bottom of the bed and smiled at him. "Things went well, I take it?" She asked, "You know, Casha is taking some awful risks with these people. I never thought she'd gamble like that." Downstairs, Casha smiled and curled into Anubis' embrace. "A gamble that paid off." She said back. "Cain has lost his finest to you.".....

Anubis grinned. "Does she have the knowledge that Nicholas says she has?" Anubis was intrested in knowing where those others like him were and what they were doing. Dante moved to Kat and sat down on the couch and leaned down and kissed her. "I guess it did. As for the risk, well perhaps the end justifies the means. More allies against Cain.

Casha nodded, "Oh she definitely does." She offered, "And I think she will be willing to share what she knows very soon. I'm forming a plan for our new ice princess. Perhaps you can give me some perspective?" Upstairs - "She's changed, you know." Kat said with warning....

"Casha?" Dante asked. "What do you mean changed?"

"She's not like she used to be." Kat replied carefully, "She used to be fun. Now I barely see her and when I do, she's floating around like she owns the place and I feel like the former annoying sidekick."....

"Well maybe you should have a talk with her. Remind her of those good days and how you feel. I think she would listen. But right now I think she is thinking more on the lines of protecting us all from Cain and another threat." he kissed her again and brought her up to sit beside him as he watched the children play with the hell hound.

"That's Anubis' job, not her's." She said in a pout, but cuddled up to him anyway. Downstairs, Casha lifted an eyebrow at Anubis, "Do you want to hear my plan?".....

Anubis kissed her deeply before he answered. "Yes lets hear what you have in mind. Then I think you need to talk to Kat. I have seen a worried look on her face everytime she looks at you."

Casha offered half a smile, "I've noticed too." She said, "It's my fault, I haven't given her enough time just lately and she is supposed to be my best friend. There's a new elite club opening tonight in the city. I might tempt her with a girl's night out. But back to the plan." She gave him a slight kiss. "Cain sent Alecia here as a spy, yes? So why not give him what he wants. Let him think she's found her way in here and is reporting what she has found out back to him. In the process, Abfret can locate him for us and between her, Abfret and Nicholas, we can have a slight advantage. What do you think?"....

"That is true. But what do we have her report back to him." he asked her. Abfret was with Frenchy and finding out exactly where Cain could be holed up at. The Baroney had a castle in the northern part of England. Less then a year ago the heir to that title showed up with the proper documents that proved he was the heir and had taken up residence. "Ah now we know where to go." Abfret smiled.

"Whatever you feel comfortable with him knowing." She replied, "Enough to entice him in closer, but not to give anything real away. Well, maybe just the odd snippet to keep him interested long enough?" She kissed him and moved from his lap. "I'll leave it with you, my love. I'm going to play with a kitty." She offered a cheeky grin and made her way out of the study....

Anubis chuckled and called in Gab and some other advisors. They had alot of things to discuss. Cain was a big threat and he had to be delt with and quickly before he found out that he had lost two of his operatives. Abfret met Casha in the hall way upstairs and let her know they knew where Cain was.

Casha nodded with a big smile, "That's fantastic news Abfret, thank you so much." she gave him a slight kiss on his cheek and then pulled aside one of the servants. "Get online for me please and order two invites to the Elipse Nightclub for me and Katarina. Tell them to expect us around 10." The servant nodded and scooted away. Casha arrived at Dante's door and knocked quietly. "Dante, it's me. Is Kat with you?" Kat curled into a ball behind Dante and shook her head, "I don't want to talk to her." she whispered....

"Babe, you should. She is your best friend remember." Dante nodded to Kat as Casha came into the room. "You to have a good talk and I will be back in a bit." He wanted to know what Anubis was going to be doing about Cain.

Kat sat up and folded her arms as she pouted. "What do you want?" She asked coldly. Casha moved forward and sat down on the edge of the sofa. "I want to talk to you." She replied, "I've missed you." Kat wrinkled her nose, "Yeh, like I've noticed. You've been so busy with your new friends and everything, I guess you forgot about your best friend, hmm?" Casha sighed gently, "Don't be like that, Kat, please? There's just been a lot going on, that's all." "Whatever." Was Kat's reply. Casha took a deep breath, "Ok, I'll resort to bribery then. As we speak, I have two invites to a very exlcusive club tonight." "So?" "For you and me. Just us." Kat lifted a slightly fluffy eyebrow, "I'm listening." Casha smiled, "Elipse. Wanna go?" Kat was playing hard ball. "What about the kittens?" she asked, "They still need my milk." Casha grinned, "You've got a four way expressor, Kat, I'm sure you can tolerate it for one night, same as me." Kat lifted the other eyebrow. "Just you and me?" She asked, "Nobody else?" Casha held her hand up, "I promise." She said. Kat grinned widely and hugged Casha tight. "Are we friends again then?" She asked. Kat nodded and laughed, "BFF's!" She said happily. Casha nodded and got up, "Ok then. The invites should be here soon, so find your best dress." She then left Kat to get ready and went to get ready herself.....

Marla came walking down the hall way as Casha left Kat and Dante's quarters. "Whats up?"

Casha smiled at Marle and looked down slightly at the growing protrusion. "Everything." She said with a slight giggle. "I'm taking Kat out for the night. With everything being so busy lately, I've neglected her a little. Anyways, hows things with you? I see you're growing nicely. When is your next scan with Finche?"....

"Tommorow." he laughed. He is a very good doctor and very strict." She gave Casha a peck on the cheek. "You two have fun. I imagine that there will be alot of body guards spread out, all very descretly of course." if she knew her lover he would make sure of that.

"Hopefully as out of the way as possible." Casha laughed, "I promised Kat it would just be us. I hope everything goes well with your scan tomorrow and give Gabe a hug from me?" She made her way into her rooms and pulled open the wardrobe. Two servants were on hand immediately. "Ok girls." She breathed, "I need something for a night out with Kat. We're going to the Elipse, so it has to be something stunning." The two women instantly rushed in to find anything and everything that could be classed as stunning. While they did that, Casha settled in her chair and started to express milk for Gabriel while she was out.....

In the Study Gabe had been informed of the night out and he sighed heavily. "Ok, I want only female guards out there. Try not to have them have to much fun as they keep an eye on Casha and Kat." To blend in they would have to mingle with the human males and look as if they were having fun. Also getting them into the club was another matter. That was where Anubis came in. A call and a nice chunk of money and the female lycans would be there. Those that were selected were all excited and went to get ready.

Around 9.30, Kat and Casha arrived downstairs. Both looked stunning in their outfits. Kat wore an elaborate studded dress, obsenely short and close cut and atll heels. Casha didn't look much different. Her dress was equally short and her heels equally high. They dressed in sapphire blue and ruby red respectively. "Ooo, I'm so looking forward to this!" Kat said excitedly. Casha just stood there and smiled. She then spotted Gabe and Anubis coming their way and smiled at them. "Wow!" Gabe said, tucking his thumb into his belt. "You two look like you belong on the catwalk or something." Kat danced around slightly and laughed. Casha chortled slightly and shook her head before looking at Anubis. "You like?"....

Anubis chuckled. "Makes me want to go out there with you." he said, "But this is a night out for the girls." "We will have to make a showing at the club here soon. Mr Vance and his wife mingling with the elite of the city." he grinned. "Guess Kat will have to take you out shoping for that night." he laughed. It would be an interesting night, Mr. Vance and his lovely wife Casha out on the town to enjoy the night life. The society page of the newspapers would be full of it he was sure, just as Casha's and Kat's night out was going to be."

questor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next